Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My Gun Trumps Your Wildcard! (Wildcard Only)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  My Gun Trumps Your Wildcard! (Wildcard Only)
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel

Post Number:  2224
Total Posts:  2943
  My Gun Trumps Your Wildcard! (Wildcard Only)
May 6, 2007 3:25:34 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Recently Promoted High Colonel Rizzit Blackheart normally had a boring day...every day. He was the Commander of Wildcard Platoon and Phoenix Company. This meant twice the paperwork. On occasion he would have a briefing to give, or some disciplinary action to take; all in all though, it was a boring day. Today: today was different. The entire Wildcard Platoon had gathered for a Sabaac Tournament.  Storm Platoon was out on assignment and there were no missions for Wildcard to handle. The squads were training so hard in the simulators, a day's break wouldn't kill them.  All troopers new and old had come to try and earn themselves as much Imperial Credits as they possibly could. Some people that Rizzit hadn't even seen in years showed up. Among the group was: the3djedi, Snake, Japer, JR, TJ, Mara Jade and Kurioshi along with several other retired members. As usual, Rizzit was doing his best to win, and it usually was good enough. Today it was not the case. He was already getting beat by a good number of people today, but he didn't care: there were people here that he probably wouldn't see again for a long, long time. He was enjoying the fact that he was able to have fun with them again: even if it was just for the one day. As much as he would have liked to be only with the veterans all day, Rizzit spent his time with everyone who came. It really didn't matter that he got to spend so little time with his old friends from long ago, he also made new friends and the time didn't go by any slower because he was spending time with everyone. At the moment though, he was playing with some former RAIDERS Squad Members.

"Remember that damn Medic we used to have Rizz?" the3djedi asked.
"Yeah I do. And look how he turned out: a damned traitor!" Rizzit replied.
"We should've known something was up the kid when he wasn't using duct tape." Mara chimed in.
"Hey!I could've done without that duct tape. Proper medicine would have been a nice change." Snipes said on his way back from getting a drink.
"Yeah...then you'd be like Jed: all injected with needle-based meds and sore!" Rizzit said with a laugh.
"At least I would have healed properly!" Snipes grumbled as he went back to sit with his fellow Wraiths.

Rizzit was just about to win the hand when the lights turned off. The once chatter-filled room went silent. The familiar image of a stormtrooper marched into the lounge.  Rizzit began to laugh.

"Nice try Kairo! You can't get in! We're too far into the tournament to deal you in. Plus: you'd be out place. We're all from Wildcard here!"

The stormtrooper said nothing. It's only response was to shoot Rizzit square in the chest. Panic ensued. Angry troopers who thought that the Storm Platoon Commander: Kairo Vandate had just shot their beloved Platoon Commander (with no armor on) began to ask questions like Why'd you do it Kairo? and What gives you the right? Others cowered in the back of the room. They realized at this point that the stormtrooper was not Kairo.

"This officer is coming with me. Thrawn wants to deal with him...personally. The rest of you: will remain here under house-arrest." The stormtrooper said in what sounded like a generated voice as he grabbed Rizzit by his uniform and began to drag him along.
A laser shot flew across the room and apparently surprised the stormtrooper. It forced him to drop Rizzit.

"Not if I have anything to say about it." Sniping101 said. Various Wildcard members began to stare at Snipes, he just replied "never go anywhere without it."
In the meantime the stormtrooper had recovered from its shock and was now angry.
"You fool? Do you honestly think you're going to stop a battalion of Thrawn's best?"
"No...I just intend to stop YOU." Snipes said as he opened fire again,this time killing the lone stormtrooper."

Kami rushed over to Rizzit. He lay unconscious on the floor. "Everyone, help me get him to the armory! We can stock up there on weapons and armor! In the meantime, hopefully he'll come-to. The turbo lifts are most likely down due to the power loss, so we'll be taking the long way. I'm also guessing comlinks are either being jammed or monitored so don't try to use 'em. Follow me!"

Kami and the Squad Leaders lead the way carrying Rizzit. The rest of the room followed: some ran, some walked, some did a combination of the two. NO ONE however stayed where they were.  For once, tragedy had come to Tadath. Wildcard was on a mission weather they realized it or not. They weren't given a formal briefing due to their commander being shot, but they did have a very big situation to deal with. With no communications, the Army High Command could not be contacted (if they weren't already dealt with) to come help or call for re-enforcements. Wildcard (and its guests) were literally cut off from the world. Whatever help they did get, would have to come from the armory. A day in the life of Rizzit Blackheart: boring? Not unless being shot at and almost getting kidnapped counts as boring. Then again, today was not Rizzit's average day in the office...

-----------------------
High Colonel Rizzit BlackHeart
~ Wildcard Platoon ~
Phoenix Company Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/HCOL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
"Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited May 6, 2007 3:26:14 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited May 6, 2007 3:26:48 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited May 6, 2007 3:27:40 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited May 6, 2007 3:28:44 PM)]
Aphamos
ComNet Initiate

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  157
Total Posts:  209
  RE: My Gun Trumps Your Wildcard! (Wildcard Only)
May 6, 2007 3:28:59 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos couldn't help but smile at what had just happened.  Goddamit, what the hell are you smiling at?  Your boss's boss just got shot.  He forced the smile out of his countenance as he tried to focus the task at hand.  Looking over to his right, he saw Darr-Rann, Rogueboy, LK, and Squall walk up to him as the troopers were getting ready to go up to the armory.  "Guys, I think we should get our priorities straightened here," said Aphamos.  The Raiders joined with the flood of stormtroopers that headed to the stairs that resided at the end of the hallway.  "First off, what the hell just happened?"

"I have no idea," said Rogueboy, smiling.  "But I think it involves our break time ending."  Aphamos nodded at the comment even though it didn't help him much.

"This is treason," said LK in his monotone, business-like tone.  "The enemy will be punished with impunity."  Aphamos raised his eyebrows in surprise, LK's response perfectly suiting his personality.

"Seriously though," said Squall, "this better be good.  If it's just some shit that's been done by accident, Thrawn better watch the hell out."  Aphamos laughed at the casualness of Squall's speech, his attitude bringing a refreshing feeling to the otherwise intense situation.  Aphamos walked next to his squad leader, Darr-Rann, and waited for some insight on the present situation.

"All I know is that there is a whole damn battalion waiting outside for Rizzit," said Darr-Rann as the stormtroopers began their ascent up another flight of stairs.  There was no conversation going on now, for the magnitude of the latest event had finally soaked in.  Darr-Rann hushed his voice down to that of a whisper as he finished his explanation.  "So either we figure out how to get some reinforcements in here and flank the force that lies ahead, or pull some damn good magic out of our asses."  Aphamos didn't notice any sarcasm in the voice of his squad leader, which told him that they really were in a sticky situation.

Wildcard platoon finally reached the armory, the troopers having to form a single file line in order to get into the small entrance.  "Get in here and arm yourselves folks," said Kami as she placed Rizzit's body next to the wall.  "And I need a medic stat-I have a feeling that Rizzit isn't going to appreciate the infection that he's going to have when we wakes up."  Three medics rushed over to Rizzit's side, each of them examining him and giving a quick diagnosis of what to do next.

"Well, what's for dinner, Rogue?" asked Aphamos, heading towards the wall that contained all the firearms.

"I don't know Aph," responded Rogue as he pulled a sniper rifle off of the rack.  The other troopers were putting their armor on and choosing weapons of their choice.  "Do you prefer the veil," he asked as he threw the rifle to Aphamos, "or the steak?"  He handed Aphamos a set of dual pistols.

"I think I'll go with both," said Aphamos as he accepted the weapons.  He placed them down in a corner and went to put some armor on.

This is going to turn out beautifully.

-----------------------
Raiders

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
--William Tecumseh Sherman--
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Senior Gamemaster

Post Number:  1289
Total Posts:  1587
May 6, 2007 3:37:43 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann fastened on the gauntlet, flexing his fingers and making sure the glove fitted tight to his fingers. He then proceeded to don his helmet, the HUD snapping online. He looked around to make sure that the friend recognition software was working, then stepped over to the weapons lockers. He already carried his Mynock pistol, which he carried concealed under his jacket. He selected a holster for it, then clipped it to his belt. He also took a few clips of compatible ammunition.

Damn. We get attacked the day I leave my shotgun home. He thought to himself, picking up an A280 and a few blaster pack. He put on a shoulder to waist belt, and slipped the rifle into the sheath in the back. He then picked out a vibrodagger, sliding it into his belt. Finally, he grabbed a handful of  various grenades, clipping them on to his belt. Armed to the teeth.

"Do you prefer Veil, or stake?" Rogueboy said, tossing Aphamos weapons. He shook his head and grinned  Making jokes during a potential crisis. They were conditioned well.

Suddenly he had an idea. "Mame!" He said, stepping over to Kami, who was sorting her gear. "Permission to make a suggestion?"

Kami nodded, "Go ahead, Darr."

"We might have some autoturrets here. Might I suggest we break them out and set them up in some key  locations? The friendly fire intelligence should keep them from shooting us, so we'll be able place them wherever is convienent."

Kami nodded, grinning. She tossed Darr-Rann a key, and he ran over the locker. He popped open the lock and opened it. Beautiful... He thought, carefully withdrawing the first collapsed sentry.

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SSG_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|WO2_Demonic/Reserves| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=*ee*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)(LoM)[SWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
SENIOR SERGEANT, SQUAD LEADER/ASSISTANT COMMANDER OF TRAINING
WARRANT OFFICER, 2ND CLASS
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  660
Total Posts:  765
May 6, 2007 3:56:51 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
As the crowd of troopers marched quickly to the armory, Zafo's gaze picked up on two familiar faces.

"Sam! Urakai!" Zafo shouted, as he squeezed in between two unfamiliars. He continued slipping his way through the crowd until at last he had reached his squadmates.

"This is some pretty serious stuff." Urakai mumbled, clearly disturbed over the events that interrupted their Sabaac games.

"I wouldn't worry too much." Sam said with an air of confidence. "We've got the homefield advantage..."

"...and a fair amount of firepower." Zafo added with a smirk. The trio had just entered the armory. All around troopers were rustling about; all picking their weapons of choice and suiting up in their armor.

"I'm going to wait here and try to meet up with the rest of the Dragoons." Sam shouted, as Zafo noticed he had not budged since they reached the armory. Zafo threw a thumbs-up in the air to show he understood then continued into the armory. He searched about for an E-11 Marksman edition, his weapon of choice in nearly all combat scenarios.

"Get your stuff and get out!" A familiar voice hollered over the crowd. "There are still many more who need to get equipped!"

Zafo quickened his pace as he began to put on his armor. There was an indescribable atmosphere in the armory. All these troopers were about to fight for what they believed in, and to protect their friends and crops.

They weren't going to make this easy for Thrawn's forces...not one bit.

-----------------------
~ZaFo

*DarkDragoons*

TRP/GSG ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [BC] [EW2]

Live Fast, Ride Faster.
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

Post Number:  595
Total Posts:  635
May 6, 2007 4:14:31 PM    View the profile of Squall 
Squall moved with haste.  Within minutes he was packed up and ready to go.  It had been a while since he had been in active service, but the A280 still felt good in his arms.  Just a few extra blaster packs and I'll....

Squall was cut off of his own thoughts, by the one thing that he feared would happen.  A slap right in the helmet from Rogue.

Squall shook his head a bit to erase the high pitched ringing sound from his ears.

"Nice to see you too," said Squall

All of the troopers now seemed to have everything together.  Squall hadn't much memory of who was in the squad from before, but new faces made him think that new leadership was in charge.  Rizzit was still the Platoon commander, and Darr still the Squad commander, but everyone else seemed to be a blur of faces to Squall.  It would take some time to get to know everyone again.

I can't believe I left this place

Squall fell into line with LK as the squad met up.

"Nice to see your back Squall," said Darr, "Looks like you've come back on a bad note"

"It's fine sir, good to see you too," said Squall, "Didn't know Rizzy had some conflicts with ol' Thrawn"

"Yea, well neither did I," said Darr

Kami walked in and all eyes came on her.

"Looks like Thrawns boys know whats going on.  They've started to cut their way through the doors.  When those hatches open, give em hell," said Kami

"Yes Ma'm," replied the entire platoon in unison

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Senior Sergeant
*-Raider Squad
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

----------------------

TR/SSG Squall/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EWI] [WM]

[This message has been edited by Squall (edited May 6, 2007 4:17:29 PM)]
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  388
Total Posts:  903
May 6, 2007 4:51:24 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Arnaut ran through the halls, muttering some very, very colorful curses. The picket fleet hadn't done their job and let a whole battalion of Thrawn's forces to land on the surface. Oh no. He had had three hundred credits on that last game, and a winning hand, and Thrawn had seen to fit mess it up. For the reason, and that reason only, he was going to see Thrawn dead personally. Or at least as many of Thrawn's men as he could.

Arnaut slammed a fresh clip into his A280, and joined up with the main group of troopers, already picking out his squad through the crowd. Slipping his storm commando helmet over his head, he breathed in the musty, stale air, and switched the squad's private comlink channel.

"Wraith squad, form up on me. Virius, Lukas, grab your rifles, you'll be needing them. Kanderin, can you handle one of those T-21's? You can lay down the heavy fire on the troopers coming in. Rest of you, standard issue. And be sure to bring knives. This here's going to be hallway fightin', boys, and it's a messy business!"

Arnaut got the consents and was already on his way out of the armory. Kanderin ran up next to him, holding the T-21 on his shoulder, and sliding another knife onto his belt.

"Well, sir, never thought this would happen," he said cheerfully, running along.

"Kanderin!" Arnaut said, gesturing with his gun grandly. "Why, you're in the Vast Empire! You're expected to expect everything and anything! Hell, if womp rats started falling from the sky now, you shouldn't even blink your eyes in surprise." Kanderin grinned beneath his helmet.

"Good to know the Vast Empire prepares us for the worst of situations. I'll tell you if I see any of those womp rats, sir."

The local comlink channel turned on, and Kami's voice greeted their ears.

"Looks like Thrawn's boys know what's going on. They've started to cut their way through the doors. When those hatches open, give em' hell!"

"Yes ma'am!" The platoon replied heartily. Hundreds of small clicks sounded off as safeties on guns were turned off.

Now, the building had two entrances: reinforced durasteel doors, a meter thick, and leading to the two main hallways that ran east to west. The whole building, then, was in the shape of a cross. Arnaut gathered his squad together and made his way to the west doors. Behind him, just through a small wall of decorative marble, troopers were lining up exactly as he was on the east doors.

Arnaut dropped down next to the wall, behind one of the pillars that lined the walls of the hallway. Kanderin and Yoder dropped down next to him, Kanderin readjusting the T-21 so it could sweep across the whole doorway, and Yoder checking the sharpness of each of his blades.

Like the screech of a dying animal, Thrawn's forces started to cut through the west doors. It's only a matter of time now, Arnaut thought resignedly.  The screeching continued onward, and seemed to stretch into infinity. Beside him, Yoder squirmed.

"Do you think they could hurry it up any?" he asked impatiently.

-----------------------
Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-
SL/SGT Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"Life is a dream; we all wake up eventually."

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited May 6, 2007 4:57:04 PM)]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Member

Sandwich Sam

Post Number:  362
Total Posts:  794
May 6, 2007 5:19:25 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
Sam laid his hand on his pistol holstered at his side. He moved over to a pistol rack and picked up another just like the one he already has on him. He turned around and the remaining Dragoons were standing right behind him.

"Alright guys, go grab a rifle and meet up with Urakai and Zafo over at the east doors," Sam said.

The five Dragoons nodded and moved for their equipment. Sam headed to the west doors with both hold-out blasters in hand.

"I figured I try out two at once," Sam chuckled as he came up next to Zafo.

Zafo and Urakai gave out a laugh. "What no grenades and super glue this time Sammy?" Zafo asked.

Before Sam could respond there was a large explosion on the other side of the blast door they were at. The three positioned themselves for the door to open. The five other Dragoons were walking casually towards them.

"C'mon! Get into second gear, we don't have much time!" Sam shouted at the approaching Dragoons. They jumped a bit and started off in a sprint to positions next to Zafo, Sam, and Urakai.

[went with a half page]

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SSG Sandwich Sam/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS][EW1]
The Dark Dragoons' Site
[This message has been edited by Sandwich Sam (edited May 6, 2007 6:07:13 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  948
Total Posts:  2089
May 6, 2007 5:26:11 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
The squad ran towards the Western door but they were to late to prepare for Thrawn's troops. As Rogue turned the corner running as fast as he could in order to get up a flight of stairs to effectively utilize his sniper. An explosion rocked the building and as was near the stairs a hole appeared in the wall. Rogue ran into another trooper running the opposite direction. The two troopers collided and as Rogue fell down his sniper rifle fired a slug barely missing his Squad Leader. Rogue got up as quick as he could and withdrew his gladius from his scabbard and using it in a vicious two hand swing came down as hard as he could upon the luckless Thrawn trooper.

More enemy troopers entered through the hole and a battle ensued, blaster bolts rang out from one side of the hall to be answered back from the other side. All the meanwhile Rogue was still fighting with the trooper that he ran into, because his sword was not a vibroblade it did not slice through the trooper's helmet but it did stun him leaving him vulnerable for Rogue to finish off; which he did.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
Heavy Weapons Specialist
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator
Eat a hearty breakfast men, for tonight we dine in hell -King Leonidas, 300
Clearly Canadian!

ASL/SGT_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES-FirstClass][CDS][CoR]
[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited May 6, 2007 5:31:49 PM)]
LK-486
ComNet Novice

LK-486

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  50
Total Posts:  121
May 6, 2007 5:26:57 PM    View the profile of LK-486 
LK-486 crouched behind the large reception counter. He and his fellow Raiders at the Western gate had taken defensive positions in the reception area on the lowest floor of the building. The decorative room would soon become a veritable warzone, and it hurt LK to think that so many pieces of glorious Imperial art would be destroyed.

LK-486's white armour gleamed in the artificial lighting. His mind was cool, collected. Today, the Thrawn rabble would die for attempting to usurp the all-powerful Emperor. This military installation was a bastion of heaven, and he was a holy archangel ready to defend the pearly gates.

With a piercing shriek, the doors suddenly blew inwards. "The bastards have grenades!" Aph yelled as his twin pistols suddenly blazed with red light. Two enemy troopers fell inwards with a yell, and their comrades quickly returned fire. Rougeboy opened fire with his pistol from behind a bust of Rizzit, which was promptly had its head taken off by blaster fire. Rougeboy quickly swiveled his body behind the pedestal.

LK-486 was up and shooting with his E-11 carbine. The cleansing fire spread from its barrel, and found its target at the other end of the hallway.

Thus, the reception hall skirmish had begun. Thrawn's soldiers had taken up defensive positions just outside of the large doors, and were pumping into the area for all they were worth. Blaster shots criss-crossed the reception desk, and LK-486 ducked. Suddenly, Squall gave a loud cry.

"They're setting up an E-web! They're setting up an E-web!" Smelling the stained coffee of the reception desk, LK-486 risked a peek from over the countertop. Sure enough, a team of enemy heavy munitions troopers were setting up not one, but three of the deadly machines, right outside the doorway. Even one would be enough to clear the entire area, reception desk and all.

With the calculated air of one who is comfortable with command, Darr-Rann emerged from the waters of the fountain. Grenade in hand, he cocked his arm back to clear away the enemy gunners. At the same time he threw the grenade, an enemy slug found its mark in Darr-Rann's left thigh. He splashed into the water with a yell, and lie prone in the shallow construct. Blood flowed from his thigh, causing the fountain to gurgle with the genetic ooze.

His sacrifice hadn't been in vain, however. The grenade ticked a final beep, and the closely knit gunnery crews hit the dirt, albeit too late. Five corpses were flung into the reception area. In addition, the guns' power packs detonated, sending out shrapnel in a wide radius.

Darr-Rann risked a quick smile in his helmet, and kept up the fire.

-----------------------
Our Number Is Legion, Our Name Is Death!

There are eight lasers in the universe, and sometimes i control them all.

Medic Spec

LK-486/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VEA/VE
Aphamos
ComNet Initiate

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  158
May 6, 2007 5:45:50 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos continued firing with his dual pistols, hitting everything in sight.  His adrenaline and military savvy had taken the best of him now, and his emotions had faded into the background.  He finished the last of his clips, diving behind a pillar to reload.  Pulling the clips out, he threw them at the opponent to throw them off and reloaded his weapons with two new ones.  So how are you going to show up Darr, eh?  That was damn good of him though, damn good, he thought to himself as he let go a brief smile that was soon replaced by a blank expression.  He looked up at his surroundings, seeing a flight of stairs that lead to an area that hung off of the wall behind him.  There's your home.  Get to your home trooper.

Aphamos quickly jutted his head out from the cover of the pillar, taking a quick visual of the enemies' positions in relation to his.  Deciding that the time was right, he picked his sniper rifle up and ran for the flight of stairs, sprinting up the stairs and diving behind the nearest piece of cover when he had reached the top.

"EYES CLOSED, GET DOWN PEOPLE!" yelled Aphamos, each member of the Raiders getting to the nearest cover and covering their heads.  Aphamos picked a flash grenade off of his belt and threw it up in the air behind him, in the direction of the oncoming troopers.  He counted the seconds to himself, each second feeling like an eternity.  Hearing the poof, he sounded off the rest of the signals.  "RAIDERS READY, TURN, FIRE!"

Each trooper jumped out of their cover and eliminated the enemies who were now blinded.  Aphamos aimed his sniper rifle to a target and fired, the shot hitting the enemy straight in the chest.  He quickly cocked his rifle again, jutting his head and his weapon out and firing again, another chest shot hitting the troop.  He moved his rifle so that the crosshairs pointed to the end of the stairs that he had just come up from.  Aphamos saw a trooper making his way up the stairs to try to get to him.  At least one of them has a brain.  Breathe.  Breathe, and shut out.

Just as the trooper entered Aphamos's balcony, the sniper fired and the shot pierced the enemy trooper in the stomach.  Aphamos threw down his rifle and pulled out his vibroblade, running until he reached the trooper.  He quickly slashed the trooper's neck, dragging the body back to his cover.  The firefight had calmed down now, no enemy troopers having entered the gates for the past minute or so.

This next one is going to be big.  Really big.

-----------------------
Raiders

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  389
May 6, 2007 5:52:45 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Arnaut fired at the troopers pouring in. One went down clutching his throat, another toppled over, his breastplate smoldering and broken. The remains of the E-web had left a crater that a few smart enemies were holing themselves up in. Arnaut tossed a grenade in to flush them out. Can't let them get too cozy in here. Stumbling, blinded troopers ran dazed through the smoke, being swiftly cut down. The smart ones dropped prone to the ground, but blinded, they were still useless. They died just as quickly as the rest. All thanks to Aphamos' flash grenade. I'll have to congratulate him later, Arnaut thought idly, still firing.

Fire traced along the wall, and one of the two busts of Rizzit died explosively, sending marble chips flying through the air. Two loud concussions signaled two grenades that Thrawn's forces had sent flying through the smoke screen covering the doors. Arnaut could see D'har along the other wall, in a very good firing position. Arnaut slapped Kanderin's shoulder and jerked a thumb toward D'har. Kanderin nodded, and stopped firing into the haze long enough to run across the stretch of the hall to D'har. Bolts followed him the whole way, but none found their mark. Kand settled down comfortably and began to fire again.

Arnaut poked his head out from behind the pillar long enough to be shot at, before ducking back in. He didn't think he'd be able to make it to the other side of the hallway, but to the fountain in the middle...

Arnaut popped out his clip, slammed a full one in, and sprinted, never looking back. A grenade went off, and Arnaut lunged the last meter into the fountain. It was stained red with Darr's blood, but Darr was nowhere in sight. Suddenly a large trooper rose up in front of Arnaut. An enemy trooper. Arnaut groped for his gun, but it'd fallen out of his hand somewhere in the water. It was too late now. The man raised a gun, ready to kill...and then dropped it, his hand blown off by an  A280 round. A second round caught his leg, a third his chest, and the last punched through his helmet, carrying the man's brain and most of his skull out the other side. The trooper fell, his body sprawling over the edge of the fountain, and Darr came limping around from the other side of the fountain, gun smoking.

"Thanks," Arnaut mumbled feebly.

"Anytime," he said, his voice strained from the pain in his leg. Arnaut grabbed his rifle out of the now even darker water and began firing into the crowd of enemies again, with renewed vigor. He'd just cheated death once, but a second time was almost too much to ask.

-----------------------
Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel

Post Number:  2226
May 6, 2007 6:00:06 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Things definately were going south. Rizzit was still unconcious in the armory, and the Raiders' Squad Leader: Darr-rann had just suffered a flesh wound to one of his thighs. Always prepared it seemed, the only thing that Sniping101 needed from the armory was some armor and some extra ammo for his gun. During his early days as a trooper he had always longed to be a sharpshooter. Sharing his Squad Leader's thoughts on the situation, Sniping101 vowed that he was going to take out as many of these bastards as he possibly could. Snipes was by the West Gate with the rest of his squad, and was getting ready for the fight of his life.

"Matthias, good aim earlier. If it weren't for you Rizz would prolly be guest to Thrawn right now." Lukas commented as they headed to the gate.

"Thanks but I just reacted. I also figured I was the only one in the room with a gun." Snipes replied.

"Yeah well, either way: I'm sure Rizzit will be grateful to you."

"More than likely. At any rate, we gotta focus on the task at hand now. We can worry about gratitude later."

-----------------------
~ Wildcard Platoon ~
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/HCOL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
"Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

Post Number:  1291
May 6, 2007 6:13:50 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Troopers surged in, their blasters firing wildly.

Darr-Rann dropped behind the fountain, muttering a short string of curses. He sprayed the medicine over his wound, waiting for it to jell up into a cover to stop the bleeding. He then took  his A280 and squeezed off a shot.

The squad leader noted the trooper fall, moving on to the next. He fired the shots in three round bursts, taking down troopers who were foolish enough to stand without cover. The wildcards were tearing into the enemy lines, but there were just so many of them  He gave up counting moments after the fight began.

There was a bang, and two troopers went flying, shrapnel tearing through their armor. He heard Squall call out a cry of triumph. Good aim. The squad leader thought, shifting slightly as a blaster bolt slammed down into the fountain in front of him. There was an echoing "BANG" sound, and a trooper went down, his helmet cracked from a direct hit. He looked up to the balcony to see Aphamos sighting down his sniper rifle.

Who knows. The squad leader thought. Maybe we can actually win this thing.

-----------------------
Raiders
|WO2_Demonic/Reserves| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=*ee*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)(LoM)[SWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  390
May 6, 2007 6:16:01 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Lukas scoped the man, closed his eyes, and opened them. The target was still there. He took a breath in, and then out. And fired. The man fell silently, and Lukas' sniper rifle only made a short cough from where it was resting on the railing of the balcony. He scoped out another man, breathed in...and then out. The gun coughed, and the trooper fell, albeit with most of his head missing. Snipes cackled on the squad channel.

"Lukas, if that's you up there, you're stealing my kills!" Lukas grinned beneath his helmet.

"If I killed them, how can they be yours!" Lukas replied cheerfully. He scoped out another man, resting his hand on the trigger, but he never got the chance to fire. The man's breastplate buckled and shattered, sending the man sprawling backwards.

"The way you two quarrel, I'd be surprised if I don't get al your kills right from under your noses," Virius laughed over the channel. Snipes harumphed loudly, and Lukas saw him firing diligently into the crowds once again. Deep breath in, deep breath out. Another trooper fell wordlessly. A man is at his stillest when he's just breathed out, Lukas' training memories welled up. To take a shot: a deep breath in, a deep breath out. Don't be impatient for the shot. It might take a while to line up a target. Be patient. Sniping is about patience.

The scope found another man. A deep breath in, a deep breath out. The trooper fell. Patience is the key. Lukas scoped out another man. Deep breath in...

-----------------------
Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-

Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  949
May 6, 2007 6:22:24 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogue abandoned his sniper rifle and picked up the E-11 blaster off of the dead trooper and hurried up the staircase. When he reached the top Rogue ran along the railings a few bolts flew by striking the wall one of them searing a piece of his plastoid as it skinned the armour. A nearby table stacked with pictures of the Commanding Officers offered Rogue protection as he mentally apologized to the Grand Moff before he flipped the thick heavy table over and used it as protection.

The Raiders ASL looked at his pauldron and saw that the rounded side of it was indeed scorched from a flying blaster bolt and this made him mad. Rogueboy stood up from his cover and switched the E-11 to automatic fire, holding down the trigger he fired off a weak spray that was more for effect then real damage. It never ceased to amaze Rogue how weak the E-11 was compared to the A280.

Sergeant Rogueboy took cover under the desk as a hail of gunfire flew overhead trying to remove him, while under cover Rogue checked his ammo and realized he was almost out, reaching for a reload he felt his hands graze .50 slug ammo. Shit.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
Heavy Weapons Specialist
Clearly Canadian!

Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

Post Number:  661
May 6, 2007 6:28:23 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The Marble planter offered little physical cover, should pockets of energy come flying Zafo's way; but the foliage provided him with that extra bit of visual cover. Still, just because they couldn't see Zafo, didn't mean he was safe from stray blaster fire, or from being discovered.

Explosions sounded from far off in the building, the vibrations causing a chandelier of sorts to swing dangerously over the heads of the intruding forces. Zafo chuckled, but continued focusing his fire power on the stormtroopers that were trying to force themselves into the complex.

"We'll save that little trick for a more key moment." Zafo thought to himself. He then proceeded to signal his thoughts to the others. There was no guarantee that Zafo would be around to see that small plan through.

The adrenaline pumped itself through Zafo's veins as blaster fire sizzled right through the plants and almost into his helmet.

"E-Web alert!" Urakai shouted as a stream of bright green lasers illuminated the entire area.

I guess the chandelier will come in handy much sooner than I thought...

The E-Web needed to be taken out fast before it had a chance to rip through most of the East entrance's "defences". Zafo signaled to Durandal, who was hidden behind a similar planter. Durandal pulled two grenades out of his belt and loaded them both up at the same time. The moment he let them loose, Zafo quickly popped out of his hiding place a fired a set of shots to the chandelier.

The rattling explosions of the grenades, mixed with the blaster fire was enough to free the chandelier from its fixations, terminating those who survived the explosion.

Zafo let out a small sigh of relief. Thirty seconds after the explosion, and still no enemy advancement. This couldn't have been all of them. Could it have?

An eerie sort of clanking echoed through the area, throwing Zafo's hopes to hell.

"Brace yourselves soldiers!" Sam shouted, loading a fresh energy clip into his rifle.

"We've got mech-suits heading our way!"

-----------------------
~ZaFo

*DarkDragoons*

Live Fast, Ride Faster.
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel

Post Number:  2227
May 6, 2007 6:53:02 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Colonel TJ and the3djedi stayed with Rizzit and the rest of the retirees in the armory. There wasn't enough armor for everyone plus the guests, so they decided to stay with their old friend. Kami stayed too, trying to get Rizzit to come-to. Jyse Toklar was busy with MaraJade attempting to restore control to rightful people. Being two certified Slicers, they were confident between the two of them would be able to handle things. the3djedi looked at TJ.

"I know what you're thinking Jed, but there's nothing I can do. I can only read his thoughts, not convince him to wake up!" TJ said.

"But you're a Jedi! Can't you manipulate him?" the3djedi pleaded.

"Dark Jedi." TJ corrected. "I can make his body dance if you'd like, but nothing that would cause him to snap out of his supposed coma."

"Supposed coma?"

"Well, I don't think he's truly in a coma. He's definately out of it, but I don't think its coma-like. Thank stars for that."

In the meantime, Kami kept shaking Rizzit in an attempt to wake him. She was convinced that it was only a stun shot that they shot Rizzit with. After all, they wanted to take him to Thrawn.

"Rizzy! Wake up! Rizz! Rizz..." she shook.

Rizzit's body twitched. "ugh....O..t..t..o...? Wh...at....ha...pp...en...ed?"

"Rizz...it's Kami! Thrawn attacked us! There's an entire batallion outside waiting for just you!"

"K...a...m...i? You....bet...ter....get....to...the....tro...ops. I'll....be...fine..." Rizzit said as he passed out again.

TJ approached Kami from the left. "Kami, Jedi and I are more than capable of watching him until he's finally back to decent combat shape."

Kami shook her head. "I don't like the idea, but you're right. Send him on when he's better! I'm headed to the east gate!" she said as she dashed off.

-----------------------
~ Wildcard Platoon ~
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/HCOL
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

Post Number:  596
Total Posts:  635
May 6, 2007 6:53:30 PM    View the profile of Squall 
"Mech suits coming our way," yelled Zafo

Squall kept his eyes on the door way, waiting for what was to come.  Highly armored troopers would be coming through the doorway any moment.  The suspense threw Squall's emotions into a frenzy.  The adrenaline was now the only thing that controlled his every action.

Squall saw the long tracer line as Aph shot straight through the doorway.

"One mech suit down.  Looks to be about 7 of them.  Hit them in the head.  On my command lets get some covering fire so we can bum rush them," said Aph

"Acknowledged," said Squall

Squall waited.  He could feel every drip of sweat emerge from the pores of his body.  They cooled him just the slightest bit.  The current armor he was wearing wasn't equipped with a cooling mechanism because he had just torn the armor down to make sure everything was going on with the suit mechanical wise.  Bad decision.  Things were really starting to heat up.  But he couldn't complain, atleast he could still see through his visor.

"Move troopers, Move!" yelled Aph, followed by the ringing of the sniper rifle shots.  Squall half crouched and moved quickly, his rifle held steady; ready for anything to come.

Once he arrived closer to the doorway, Squall pinned himself backside against the wall, as did LK on the other side.  Squall spotted Rogue and knew exactly what Rogue was going to do.  The grenade left Rogues hands within moments of the two's exchange of thoughts.  After the explosion, the battle erupted.

Blaster fire rang from Squall's A280 as he spotted the mech suit.  The grenade had thrown one of the soldiers straight into the wall, but it handn't taken the soldier down.  Two other bodies lay spralled across the ground, heads split wide open from the sniper fire that Aph had been laying down.

Aph was exactly right.  Every single part of these soldiers suits were impervious to anything, except for their heads.  With all the weight the soldiers were carrying around with the suits, their helmets were built to be light; so that the soldiers could actually breath.  Squall had seen a couple of holo-diagrams about the suits and knew that he would hate to ever have to be in one.

The blaster fire seemed to bounce right off the suit, so Squall went for the next available option; sticky grenade.  Squall jumped a couple of feet into the air and nearly landed on the shoulders of the mech suit trooper.  He quickly stuck the grenade and was off of the soldier within seconds.  The soldier was screaming bloody murder, and it only brought a smile to Squall's face.

"STICKY!" yelled Squall, just seconds before the explosion occured, splitting the corpse across the room in hundreds of different pieces.  Squall quickly took cover behind a small piller in the entrance room of the facility.  It seemed as though the mech suits had been brought down.

Looks like somebody stepped up the training program around here....half of the old greenies would be dead by now....

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Senior Sergeant
*-Raider Squad
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

----------------------

TR/SSG Squall/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EWI] [WM]

Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

Post Number:  1292
May 6, 2007 6:55:41 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann drove the vibrodagger into the stormtrooper's stomach, pressing hard and drawing the blade upwards to widen the wound further. The soldier slumped and Darr-Rann pushed forward, sending the corpse splashing back into the fountain.

"Asshole." The squad leader muttered. The man had charged his position, suppressing him with heavy fire until he was at melee range. Luckily, the stormtrooper proved to be quite ineffective in matters of hand-to-hand combat.

The sound of heavy footsteps reached Darr's ears. Looking up, he watched the power-armored stormtrooper run up and crash through the fountain, heedlessly smashing down the centerpiece and sending water spraying everywere. The squad leader grunted and rolled to the side, narrowly avoiding a swipe from armor's plated hand. Damn. The squad leader though. This isn't gonna be easy.

Darrr-Rann fired his A280 once, the bolts burning small holes in the armor but causing no serious harm to it's owner. The man wrapped his arms around him, almost as if embracing him. Darr-Rann gasped as the man squeezed the air out of his lungs. There was a loud banging sound, and a sniper round pierced the mech's shoulder. Darr-Rann gasped as the man loosened his grip, and managed to pull his arm free and drew his knife, plunging it into the side of the head armor. The powered blade bit into the armor, and he pushed until the metal point bit through skull and brain. The armor convulsed wildly as it's owner trashed, then dropped and was still. Darr-Rann crawled forward and withdrew the blade, then wiped it off. Not so tough after all.

-----------------------
Raiders
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Member

Sandwich Sam

Post Number:  363
May 6, 2007 7:09:17 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
Sam turned and glanced back at the others. They were already shooting away at incoming mech-suit troopers. Sam turned back around prepping himself for the same coming through the east gate.

Sam checked the few grenades on his person for an EMP grenade. Unfortunately, he did not have one. He sat back with his rifle poised to strike and his extra pistol sitting next to him.

Moments later, an oversized trooper turned into view. "Aim for the joints!" Sam shouted to the Dragoons, "He'll be less of a threat when it can't move!"

Sam opened fire on the right knee of the front most mech-trooper. The three blaster bolts collided with the trooper's knee. The oversized trooper took another step and fell to the ground from the locked up knee joint.

"There goes one! Let's keep it up," Sam shouted just as a bolt whizzed past his head and striking the fallen mech-trooper in the head. Sam turned his head to see Kami crouched behind him with here weapon aimed out the door.

Sam turned back to see a grenade stop in front of him.

"GRENADE!! HIT THE DIRT!" Sam shouted jumping up. He picked up the grenade and threw it back out the door, but the grenade blew a few meters in front of Sam's face.

The blast knocked Sam back a ways. Zafo helped him up, while being covered by the rest of the Dragoons and Kami. Sam was a bit dazed and attempting to regain his bearings.

"Not the best time to have no armor on," laughed Sam to Zafo.

"No kidding," Zafo replied.

Sam stumbled back towards the door with his pistol drawn not knowing where his rifle had landed. The rest of the Dragoons had taken a few more enemy mech-troopers down along with regular infantry by the time Sam had regain full motor function.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

The Dark Dragoons' Site
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  950
May 6, 2007 7:13:00 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
A crash behind Rogue caught his attention as he tried to remember what was in the rooms behind him then realized he could not remember. Rogue flung his useless E-11 to the side and withdrew his blaster pistol for one hand and his gladius for the other. Rogue proceeded slowly towards the door; using his leg he kicked at the door as hard he could. The weak designer door opened up giving Rogue a glimpse of Thrawn stormtroopers entering through a window as the door hit the wall and bounced back closing Rogue's view.

Crap. "They're looping around us and coming up the window." Rogue yelled to everyone and no one as he dropped to his stomach as blaster bolts tore through the door. The blasts subsided and the door reminded Rogue of a certain cheese that was dominant on Coruscant. A crash behind Rogue made him turn around and look over his shoulder, the familiar build of Leon emerged and he ran at the door firing his A280 like a lunatic screaming in an incoherent tone. Three of the four stormtroopers were killed as they were riddled with blasts while the fourth was caught reloading.

A click emerged from Leon's blaster signaling that he was empty, Rogue stood up and stepped into the room firing a single shot from his blaster pistol that hit the enemy stormtrooper in the chest. The single shot did not kill the stormtrooper however the fall from the window did. Rogue went to the window and looked down and saw that other Thrawn soldiers were scaling the walls in an attempt to surround the Vast Imperial Stormtroopers.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
Heavy Weapons Specialist
Clearly Canadian!

Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

Post Number:  1293
May 6, 2007 7:26:11 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
"They're everywhere!" Someone shouted over the blaster fire. Darr-Rann fired his A280 into the midst of a charging fireteam, cutting down two troopers before they turned to fire on him. The Senior Sergeant ducked down behind his fountain once more. I've gotta move.

He activated his comlink, connecting to Aphamos' private channel. "Hey." He said, "I need cover fire  You see me?"

Aphamos gave a distraced aknowledgement, and Darr-Rann knew he was absorbed into his sniping. He'd get the job done. The squad leader got up, firing at the threatening troopers and moving backwards, trying to keep as many barriers between him and the latest surge of troops as possible.

A blaster bolt tore by, burning across the side of his arm and scorching the plate. It didn't harm him, but it helped set in the danger of his situation. Aphamos' sniper rifle cracked out a few shots, and stormtroopers dropped to the ground, stopped by .50 cal rounds. Others scurried behind cover, not wishing to suffer a similar fate. The fire on the squad leader was reduced, and he successfully made it behind a think metal table that had been upturned for a barrier. Whoever was using it must have moved on some place else.

Help better arrive soon. Darr-Rann thought, slamming a new pack into his weapon, We won't be able to hold off against these guys forever.

-----------------------
Raiders
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  952
May 6, 2007 7:40:04 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Leon and Rogue entered another one of the rooms and found a member of Dark Dragoons looking outside a window. "They're climbing their way up." Darian said as he stared in mute fascination as the Thrawnist troops made headway on the walls.

The Raiders ASL grabbed the nearest thing, which happened to be a small bust of Grand General Fury, and dropped it out the window. The bust fell and struck the foremost trooper on his helmet knocking him from the wall. As he fell he struck another trooper and both of them screamed in terror as the ground rose up to meet them.

The three troopers made there way to the next room, passing by the carnage that ensued not twenty feet below them. Rogue was the first to enter the room and was met with a stun blast from a Thrawn soldier. The ASL began laughing as the enemy soldier tried to change from stun to blaster fire, Rogue grabbed the enemy's arm and lifted it while sliding his blade in one of the plastoid armour's weak spot; the armpit. The blade slid through and made a shish kebab of the man's vital organs.

Darian moved over to the window and looked down, upon seeing a trooper Darian grabbed a nearby mouse droid and dropped it out the window. The droid squeaked on its way down but stopped when it made contact with a trooper's head.

Rogue looked at Darian who explained himself. "I always hated those things."

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
Heavy Weapons Specialist
Clearly Canadian!

[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited May 6, 2007 7:42:25 PM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

Post Number:  1294
May 6, 2007 7:41:27 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann thought of Dawn. She was back at home  Would she be among the reinforcements that came to help them, if reinforcements would arrive at all? He seemed to both hope for and dread the thought at the same time. Dawn's manticores were skilled soldiers, Dawn included, but he didn't want her to be brought into this mess too. He couldn't shake the feeling that a few wildcards were going to die that night.

He drew out a fragmentation grenade, pulled the pin, and hurled it into the enemy lines. On man was torn up by the blast, while another was hurled a few feet away, wounded but apparently still alive. Darr-Rann sighted through the scope of his A280 and fired on the wounded trooper, finishing him off.

"Damn it." He muttered as a blaster bolt hit the table in front of him, burning into the thick durasteel. Thank the empire these aren't wooden. Darr-Rann thought, ducking and staying down as more shots pounded into the table.

Suddenly there was a brief ceasefire, and a man spoke out. He was standing behind a line of stormtroopers, dressed in the classic gray uniform of an imperial officer.

"Deliver your high colonel and surrender, and your lives will be spared. You have ten minutes to agree."

Someone took the initiative to answer. With a bang, the officer stumbled back, grasping his arm that had been grazed by a sniper round. The man took a hasty retreat, and the vast imperials cheered.

It didn't matter what the numbers were. Wildcards didn't surrender.

-----------------------
Raiders
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Member

Sandwich Sam

Post Number:  364
May 6, 2007 7:42:18 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
Sam's face was covered in blood and scorched flesh. He continued on with out any acknowledgement of the damage to the right side of his face. His Zabrak Will allows him to ignore the pain.

Urakai rolled a grenade out the gate into the group of Thrawn Stormtroopers. They noticed the small explosive and scattered. For one it was too late. The man in the white armor was torn apart by the blast. Humanoid flesh was splattered about with bits of scorched black armor in it.

Johndon cringed back at the sight of the horrid sight. Being a new guy to the army, he had not seen any action was not used to the gore of military battles. He was not the only one with a look of fear; the other green members of the Dark Dragoons had similar looks on their faces.

The group continued to fire out of the door into the on coming enemy forces.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

The Dark Dragoons' Site
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

Post Number:  1295
May 6, 2007 7:57:58 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann heard a whirring sound, and turned his head to see the turret he on the right corner of the room had been tipped over. No frickin' wonder it wasn't firing.

He looked at the enemy line, who were presently firing at other targets. The squad leader crept out, keeping his eyes trained on his enemy, hoping nobody would notice him. They did.

The squad leader lunged forward, hitting the ground flat as blaster fire wizzed over him. He crawled forward, closer and closer to the fallen turret.

A blaster bolt skimmed across the back of his leg, leaving another scorch mark on his armor. This can't be good for my life insurance. He joked to himself, grabbing hold of the collapsed tripod and pulling. Quickly as he could manage without getting shot, he dragged the weapon back behind the table.

He examined the turret  It was in perfect working order, having been merely tipped over before. How easy it is to stop one of these things, huh? He thought, punching buttons along the back of the gun, reactivating it. Standing up for a moment, he placed it beside the table with it's tripods extended. It immediately registered targets and fired upon three nearby Thrawn troopers.

Darr-Rann ducked behind the table as spray of fire came is way. He bided his time, waiting until he would have a chance to fire back...

-----------------------
Raiders
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Aphamos
ComNet Initiate

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  159
May 6, 2007 7:58:30 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos instinctively cocked his sniper rifle and zoomed back into Darr's position.  "MOVE TO THE LEFT, THE LEFT!" yelled Aphamos over his comlink as his squad leader strafed to the left, allowing Aphamos to get a shot off at the enemy that was chasing Darr.  "RIGHT NOW, RIGHT!  AND WATCH YOUR GODDAM FLANK!"  Aphamos cracked off another three shots, taking out two enemies and bringing one to his feet.  Pulling out one of his pistols, Aphamos took care of the trooper that was on the ground and grasping his leg, trying to reach for a weapon of his own.

"DARR, FALL BACK, FALL BACK!  THEY ARE PRESSING FORWARD WITH ANOTHER LINE!"  Darr-Rann strafed to the left again, getting behind some cover as more troops flooded into the barraged entrance.  Aphamos looked closely at some of the troops who had just entered, paying specific attention to the weapons they were carrying.  SHIT.  Shit, shit, shit.

Some of the enemies that had flooded in were wearing special armor, a green stripe going down the sides of their arm pads.  The troopers were carrying rocket launchers and had come in to finally dispose of everyone inside.  Everyone.

The squad leader opened fire at the troops who had just entered, aiming mostly at the soldiers who were wearing the special armor.  "TAKE OUT THE ONES WITH THE GREEN!" yelled Aphamos, aiming his rifle and firing at one of the troops.  Deciding that getting close to the enemy was the best option, Aphamos dropped his sniper rifle and sprinted down the stairs, pulling out his dual wields with one hand and readying a grenade with the other hand.  Well, here goes nothing, he thought to himself as he pulled the pin off of his grenade and threw it at the group of enemies.  The explosive erupted, sending shrapnel everywhere.

Aphamos raised his pistols and started a shower of bullets toward the enemy.  Well, at least conservation is out of the question.

-----------------------
Raiders

Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  391
May 6, 2007 8:03:58 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Arnaut rolled to the side, firing as he went. A knife sprung out from his left hand, the one not holding the gun, punctured through the trooper's throat. Arnaut ran over to him, and, with a sickening crunch, pulled his blade free. Arnaut removed his helmet and spit on the corpse for good measure. The troopers they were sending in now weren't bantha fodder any more. Harder to deal with. Harder, but still killable. Arnaut placed the helmet back on his head.

He looked around, and realized that his personal fight with the soldier had taken him upstairs. He darted in the nearest room and was confronted by Rogueboy and Leon and a Dark Dragoons soldier he didn't recognize.

"Having fun up here?" Arnaut asked sarcastically, assuming they were waiting the fight out.

"Their coming up the walls," Rogue replied back. Arnaut ran over to the broken window to see another trooper mounting the rope that led up the wall. He turned to Rogue, and then looked back out. He turned to look at Rogue again.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" he asked. Behind the helmet, Arnaut could swear Rogue was grinning.

"Darian, Leon, care to take a little stroll with us?" Rogue asked nonchalantly.

"Erm...sir?" Leon was clearly puzzled, so Arnaut took initiative. Grabbing the end up the rope, he let out a holler and swung down, his gun blazing. Three troopers fell to his initial onslaught. The fourth was knocked unconscious by Arnaut's feet landing on him, and the fifth ended up dead with three knife wounds to the throat and abdomen. Rogue, Darian, and Leon followed him down, guns firing. Stormtroopers were cut down in swathes.

"Let's buy our men some time!" Arnaut yelled to Rogue as he fired through the stunned crowd. Most of the enemy troopers still had no idea what was going on, and the ones that did...well, most of them ended up dead. The four Vast Imperial troopers cut a hole through the enemy forces up to the gate. They would buy as much time as their fellow troopers needed.

"The firing's stopped!" a trooper cried. And indeed it had, at least in the shattered hallway. Trooper came out of hiding to watch in awe as four trooper fought outside, distracting the Thrawn troops. Lukas pulled his eye away from his scope, wonderment on his face. That was Arnaut out there. His squad leader Arnaut.

Down below people were quickly throwing together what defense they could. Those four would only hold out for so long, and they had to use the time well.

-----------------------
Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-

Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

Post Number:  662
May 6, 2007 8:14:01 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Though the West side was reporting success, if not just temporary, things were looking pretty rough down the east wing.

The waves of Thrawn's troopers seemed endless. Every time Zafo or another fellow Dragoon dropped an enemy to the ground, another would quickly take its place. The once beautiful interior of the building was almost in complete ruin. He was curious how they would repair everything to make it seem like none of this ever happened.

Out of the corner of his eye, Zafo saw a white form take cover behind a pillar to his right. A few seconds later, the barrel of a rifle was sticking from around the corner, aimed directly at Zafo. He rolled over onto his side, dodging the carefully aimed shot. He raised his rifle in response a pressed down on the trigger.

Nothing.

Zafo's hands scrambled around his belt frantically for an energy clip, but his efforts were fruitless.

"A little help!" The Gunnery Sergeant shouted, scrambling to his feet and running for a safer hiding place. The enemy soldier sprinted out from behind the pillar after Zafo, but was cut short when Kami let three shots rip into his back.

"I'm almost dry too!" Urakai shouted, taking cover beside Zafo.

The waves of enemy troopers continued to enter. The sudden lack for retaliation was all they needed to start pouring in, outnumbering the defenders too significantly. They also started pouring in through doors on the side, making their entrance through the windows.

It had immediately become evident that holding off Thrawn's forces from this point was now a lost cause.

"Fall Back!" Sam commanded with a booming voice.
"We've held this front for long enough! We need a fresh spot and desperately need more ammo!"

-----------------------
~ZaFo

*DarkDragoons*

Live Fast, Ride Faster.
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited May 6, 2007 8:17:52 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited May 6, 2007 8:18:58 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited May 6, 2007 8:20:04 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  953
May 6, 2007 8:20:06 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
The four of them were making short work of Thrawn's forces while they still held the advantage of surprise but it was quickly losing its effect. Fatigue was beginning to settle in on Rogue as he felt his blade becoming heavier with each stroke, the heavy blaster pistol felt like it weighed a ton.

Rogue stabbed a trooper in his thigh and as the soldier stared in mute fascination at his leg, Rogue dropped his now empty blaster pistol and using his free hand punched the soldier repeatedly in his helmet. The helmet fell off after a couple of punches and Rogue continued pounding him, a blind rage filled his eyesight as hopelessness sunk in. A hand clamped down on Rogue's back and a piercing pain entered through Rogue's lower back.

Darian saw an enemy trooper bury a knife into Rogue's back and he ran over as fast as he could not believing in himself enough to take the shot without accidentally killing Rogue. The Dark Dragoons trooper saw the two struggling on the ground as the enemy trooper pulled out his knife and was trying to slit the Raiders ASL's throat.

The enemy's blade was inches from Rogue's throat as it was moving in to end his life but both of the ASL's hands were out preventing the Thrawnist from ending his life. The blade seemed to sink lower and lower, Rogue prayed to whichever god would listen. It would seem Rogue had divine favour on his side as the enemy's arm went limp.

Arnaut revealed himself grinning while pulling a dagger out from behind the soldier's head. "You can buy me a drink when we're done here." The Wraith's SL said while grinning. Rogue could only laugh.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
Heavy Weapons Specialist
Clearly Canadian!

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > My Gun Trumps Your Wildcard! (Wildcard Only)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:54:16 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 111  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >