Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Raiders: Negotiations Gone Sour

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Raiders: Negotiations Gone Sour
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  866
Total Posts:  2089
  RE: Raiders: Negotiations Gone Sour
March 22, 2007 7:55:26 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
The speeder bike was going extremely fast as blaster bolts flew by kicking up dirt and blinding Rogue's sight. The two enemy speeders were slowly closing the gap and their accuracy seemed to be increasing with every shot. Rogue felt nervous; if he failed the squad and this message got out everyone will die and nothing would be accomplished. If he did succeed in stopping the message there was a fairly high chance of him not making it back to the squad, alive.

Sweat stung Rogue's eyes as he focused on the speeder ahead of him cautiously taking aim so that he would not miss his first and most likely only shot. The trigger button was underneath the handle that Rogue's hands were resting on; he pressed it. The blaster bolt fired out of each of the medium blaster rifles located underneath the front end of the speeder; the blaster bolt flew forward and hit the corner of the enemy speeder. The speeder flew out of control and crashed into the soft sand with an explosion that rocked Rogue's speeder as he flew by.

The flames were dazzling and reminded Rogue of a time when he and Namyr went to a concert and there were pyrotechnics that lit up the stage while the band sang. He remembered that night fondly as Namyr had too much to drink and was saying that if she wasn't so drunk that she would sleep with him. Rogue knew it was just the booze talking and because of fear of losing their friendship he would never sleep with her unless she was sober and even then he valued her more as a friend then he would a lover.

A blaster bolt flew by and struck the sand inches from Rogue's speeder; he reached under his shoulder and withdrew one of his dual silenced slugthrower pistols. Rogue looked over his shoulder at the two speeders and noticed they had fanned out giving him a chance to only hit one at at time. Rogue quickly pulled the trigger on his slugthrower pistol multiple times. The slugs hit the speeders front end; causing minimum damage but one slug hit the driver's fingers which were wrapped around the handle, severing one of them. Blood sprayed in the wind covering sand and flying into the driver's eyes and blinding him. Rogue continued to press the trigger until the hammer fell with a click and no slugs spewed out from the pistol. Rogue slid the pistol back into its holster he had other clips for the gun but not the time to reload it. He reached into the other holster under his left arm and withdrew another silenced slugthrower pistol as he turned around to look at his pursuers when a bolt hit the corner of his speeder and sent it in a whirlwind heading forward.

The spinning was making Rogue sick and he quickly tore off his helmet as he threw up which happened to splash back into his face as he fell off his speeder and hit the ground. Blackness or is it my eyes are closed? Rogue asked himself as he willed his eyes to open; which they did. Rogue saw sunlight flecked with a greenish yellow tinge he wiped his eyes and was able to see clearly. There was a humming sound as if a speeder was coming around the corner of the city at high speeds then the sounder of blasters being fired. Rogue instinctively rolled to his left. Always to the left if you hesitate to pick a side that may get you killed. Rogue thought to himself as he recalled his training that had happened many many moons ago. The bolt struck the ground where Rogue was lying down launching a large amount of sand everywhere and forcing Rogue to roll farther then he had planned to.

The ASL tried to stand up but his knees were not up to the task he felt as if he may have broke something as he was in an incredible amount of pain. The speeder swooped back for another strafing run on the seemingly defenseless man who had dropped his loaded pistol not far from the wreck of his speeder. Rogue withdrew his gladius sword with one hand then grabbing it with both hands; he then raised it over his head in the falcon pose while being crouched. The speeder swooped in and fired its payload where Rogueboy was crouched at the last minute he sprung into the air and indeed found out that a bone was broken in his leg as he did not jump high enough to not be proppelled by the explosion of the bolts.

The blast sent him flying back to where his pistol and crashed speeder remained. Rogue did a roll; wincing the entire time as he picked up his pistol and brought it to the ready firing shots as quickly as he could and bringing the man off the speeder. The speeder crashed and exploded with a couple of meters of Rogueboy. The ASL surveyed the carnage and snapped off the pipe of one of the speeders to use as a crutch as he made his way back to where the Raiders were fighting their battle.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator
Eat a hearty breakfast men, for tonight we dine in hell -King Leonidas, 300
Clearly Canadian!

ASL/SGT_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES-FirstClass][CDS][CoR]
Sayah
ComNet Member

Sayah

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  472
Total Posts:  1920
March 24, 2007 2:09:00 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah's mechanical right hand was pierced by rock shards, which shattered the stromtrooper armour and some of the limb's protective plating, causing a shower of sparks to emerge. He swore out loud in Rodian, in which he was fluent, and returned fire with his good hand. A speeder pilot was hit in the chest and his eyes went wide with suprise as his armour vaporized and his speeder exploded in a blazing fireball. Nearby, the rest of the speeder pilots, most of whom obviously had never undergone basic training, were quickly and efficiently silenced, leaving only the job of burying their burned limbs and smashed speeder parts.  (will expand to word limit)   

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Sayah/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[Black League]
SM/Com Sayah/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(L)

"And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
Where ignorant armies clash by night."

http://bd1.battledawn.com/referx.php?serv=2&ref=5755
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited April 11, 2007 4:48:21 PM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1233
Total Posts:  1587
March 26, 2007 4:36:16 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann shook his head as he looked over the post-battle carnage. They had dealt with everyone there, but there was a chance that a lookout somewhere had caught sight of their battle and called it in, and as much as he didn't like to think it, there was also a chance that Rogueboy had failed  He had been a long time to return now.

"Leon, police the bodies for any grenades or anything else we may find useful." The squad leader said, nodding towards the piled bodies. He then picked up his Oninode pack, dusting the sand off of the bottom of the covering and turning it on. He was about to call the ship to see if they could locate Rogue, when the assistant came limping up over a nearby dune. Darr-Rann called to Namyr, who came rushing over.

"I think it's broken." Rogueboy said, gesturing at his leg. Namyr went about checking it, then nodded. She withdrew an injector from her medical kit and pressed it against his leg. Darr-Rann saw the trooper wince, and recalled his lessons on the substance. Known as "Liquid splint" to those among the corps, when injected it would harden and hold together the broken bone, while also numbing the pain from standing on it. The hardening process wasn't pleasant though - He recalled his instructor's words: "It stings like shit."

Rogueboy waited a few moments, then got up, testing his leg. It was stiff and akward, but would allow him mobility again, for the next twelve hours. Darr-Rann turned to see Leon walking back towards them.

"There's eight frag grenades here, and a couple of sensor traps. The rest of their gear was just rubbish." He said, handing his squad leader the pack. Darr-Rann nodded to the trooper then walked over to Rogueboy.

"So did you manage to get them?" Darr-Rann asked. He was afraid the enemy might be alert to their presence now, and wanted to know if there was going to be an enemy force dispatched to deal with them.

Rogueboy nodded, "I managed to kill them before they got away. I don't know if they were outside of jamming range, however."

Darr-Rann considered the situation. It was likely the enemy still didn't know about them out here, but there was a possibility they had found out. If they did,there would be far more enemies after them then a sloppy patrol group - They needed to get moving.

"Alright, pick up your packs. It's time to march. We need to put distance between us and this place in case someone's after us. Leon, you can keep sweeping the trail." The squad leader said, the last remark earning a mutter from the mentioned, "People hauling with me are Sayah and Namyr. Rayden, Your up front, Rogue, your in the back with Leon." After he finished, he made a move out gesture and began to walk.

After a few moment of travel, he took off a small pack he carried in addition to his main one. It was given to him by the Lieutenant, "A tracking device, so we won't have to worry about losing you in the desert." He said. It looked odd to Darr-Rann for some reason  Checking the frequencies, he could see it was exchanging a strong radio signal, with an encryption scheme that he didn't have. If he listened to it, he would only hear a bunch of gibberish.

Maybe it was worth a closer look...

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SSG_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|WO2_Demonic/Reserves| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=*ee*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)(LoM)[SWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
SENIOR SERGEANT, SQUAD LEADER/ASSISTANT COMMANDER OF TRAINING
WARRANT OFFICER, 2ND CLASS
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  476
Total Posts:  1091
March 28, 2007 7:54:13 PM    View the profile of Leon 
I wonder what that is... nothing I've ever seen before... Thought Leon as he inspected the machine from afar. It looked like a beacon of some sort, but Leon couldn't really tell for sure, and went back to his sweeping duties.

"Leon... my leg hurts so... bad," Rogue said  through stifled breaths, "I hope I'm able to last for the mission, but from the looks of it, I'm going to have a hard time."

Leon turned to look at the limping Rogue, trying to think of something to say that would reassure him. "Don't worry Rogue, I have your back. I'll make sure not to let you fall behind."

Rogue smiled. "Thanks Leon, and if I start whining like a little girl, just slap me or something," Rogue said, trying to crack one of his trade mark smiles.

"Yea don't worry man. But remember, if you really feel like you can't continue on, then we'll call for E-Vac. No, I'll, call for E-Vac. I don't want you getting killed out here because of your stupid leg."

Rogue stopped dead in his tracks. "Leon, no. You can't do that to me. I can't do that to you. You don't understand..."

"I do Rogue. I do understand. If you were to get lifted off this rock, and leave us here, and we died, you would be ashamed of yourself. You would probably go into depression, not being able to handle the fact that you left us here to die. I completely understand Rogue, but your in more danger then anyone else here. If anything, you're the one that we all need to be worried about."

"So your saying I'm a burden..."

"No! No Rogue I didn't mean it that way. What I'm saying is, you can't always be so damned worried about everyone else. Your gonna get yourself killed! If you were to die, it would hurt us much more knowing that we, Raiders, were the cause of your death. Your to selfless, and its gonna end up hurting you worse then back there," Leon said, his chest heaving with anger.

"I understand where your coming from Leon. Its just that... I can't stand to watch someone I care about suffer, let alone die. If you,  Darr, or Nam's were to get seriously injured or worse! I don't know how I would be able to live with the fact that I let it happen. Its my duty not only as Assistant Squad Leader, but also as a friend to keep you guys from getting hurt."

"Your forgetting one thing though Rogue. Its our responsibility just as much as it is yours. I just don't want you pulling stunts like that, you had us worried sick! But the point is, I just want you to think next time before you act."

"And let those guys get away? What would of happened then? The loss of my leg for just a day or so is better a price to pay then us losing our lives. Don't you agree?" said Rogue, a hint of venom in his tone.

Leon had just realized that Rogue was right. If it wasn't for him doing what he had done, then the squad probably would have been dead by now.

"Your right Rogue. I was wrong."

"No, your not wrong. Your totally right for acting the way you did, and it shows that you care about us. I'm glad that you have my back Leon."

"Same here Rogue."

The two smiled at each other, and just as they were about to resume talking, there squad leader keyed the comm. "I think we've found the base guys, and it seems to be clear of guards."

Leon quickly scrambled up the dune's side, and peeked his head over the edge. What stood before them was a very simple structure, or at least appeared to be from what they saw. It was a dome shaped building, completely made out of Dura-Steel. It had a few view ports, and that was about all. No one could be seen from the squads position, and there was a good 100 meters of flat terrain separating the Raiders from the base.

"Thats it?" Asked a stunned Sayah.

Darr turned his head towards the young trooper. "No... not even close. The rest is under ground..."

-----------------------
Raiders
May god have mercy upon my enemies, for I will show none.
TRP/SGT Leon/3SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
And so we go.
I am the one...The one who made the 100,000 post.
Football is the best sport ever, and no one can change the way I feel about it.
Proud title holder of the most homosexual things said on IRC
Namyr
ComNet Novice

Namyr

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  59
Total Posts:  255
March 29, 2007 9:32:41 AM    View the profile of Namyr  
Namyr's head turned from where she was bandaging her shoulder with a Bacta patch. She watched as Rogueboy limped over a dune and breathed out a sigh of relief. She picked up her medical bag and ran over to him. Rogueboy sunk to the ground and groaned in pain. "Kill me Namyr, put me out of my misery," Rogueboy groaned.

"Big Baby," Namyr murmured touching and prodding Rogueboy's leg. She frowned even more as she felt the broken bone, anymore trauma to the leg and that bone would rip through the skin. "You're lucky Rogue if you would have broken your femur we would have had to evac you immedantly. And you would have probably had a limp for life, and hello desk job. It's just your tibia though, nothing we can't give a quick fix for," Namyr said withdrawing an injector of Liquid splint and popped it into Rogue's leg, "You'll get a cool cast when we get back to base, other then that you'll have to deal with the pain. Open your mouth," Namyr ordered and Rogueboy complied. Namyr quickly put a small pill underneath Rogueboy's tongue, "Painkiller slash bug killer, it'll help against the pain and any infection you might pick up," Namyr said standing up straight and brushed off her armour. She would be glad never to see another grain of sand again.

"Thanks Nams," Rogueboy said slowly getting to his feet and testing his leg.

"Alright, pick up your packs. It's time to march. We need to put distance between us and this place in case someone's after us. Leon, you can keep sweeping the trail." The squad leader said, the last remark earning a mutter from the mentioned, "People hauling with me are Sayah and Namyr. Rayden, Your up front, Rogue, your in the back with Leon," Namyr let out a sigh and picked up the pack, wincing as it dug into her shoulder. Maybe she would have her uniform modified with extra armour for her shoulders considering she was always injured there.

Then they were walking again, Namyr breathed heavily, too tired to curse Rogueboy out as she overheard him and Leon's discussion. she'd let him have it later when she had more energy. The group stopped again and Namyr looked up to see the compound and murmured one word, "Cerine."

-----------------------
"Rogue, just so you know if we die, I hate you."

SGT Namyr
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  886
April 2, 2007 11:31:52 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
The squad approached the Dura-steel building with caution a quick glance at the viewports showed that they were too dirty to see through them. The squad stacked up on both sides of the door a quick nod from Darr and Rogue tried the lock it was locked. Darr pulled out some electrical mumbo jumbo from his pack. "This may take a few minutes." The Squad Leader said as he began pressing buttons.

A few minutes later and the door was now unlocked Rogue nodded to Leon who pulled the pin on a flash bang. Rogue opened the door and the grenade was in; the movement was perfectly executed through painstaking hours of practice. "The more you sweat here the less you will bleed out there." Darr had said as he forced the squad through urban breach, bang, and clear tactics. A brilliant white flash told the squad the grenade had gone off and in a second they filed into the room.

"The left side is clear."

"The right side is as well."

Rogue surveyed the complete room there were a couple of empty boxes lying around the room as well as a tubelift in the middle of the room. "Guess we're going down?" He said as he looked at Darr.

The SL nodded his head the domed top of the helmet catching the light. "Listen up boys, this could easily be a trap so keep your eyes peeled. If you notice anything is out of whack don't hesitate to point it out or call it in, I shouldn't have to tell you this but its just a reminder a shy trooper is a dead trooper. If you see any scomplinks or anything tell me we need a map for this damn place too bad Patch didn't come with us."

The squad went to stand on the tubelift and Darr pressed the button to lower it. Rogue looked up and saw the light from the viewports beginning to disappear and wondered if it would be the last time he would ever embrace sunlight again.

The tubelift touched in a hallway that was dimly lit from lights that were spaced fifteen feet from each other running along the side. There were some crates stacked up along the side of the hall a quick glance at the walls showed that they were made from stone and that the floors were made equally of stone and were equally as filthy. Using hand signals Darr told Sayah and Leon to scout up front while we check what are in the crates. Darr carefully approached the first crate of three and gently knocked on it; nothing moved inside and it did not blow up. A crowbar was lying upright against the crate; Darr inspected the crate searching for anything that might set off a bomb before using the crowbar to open the crate.

Inside the crate lied disemboweled parts of a human with the head standing on top of the chest. Darr replaced the lid of the crate with a disgusted look on his face. Sayah and Leon returned and said that the way is clear. The squad moved further into the soon to be Garra's tomb.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
Clearly Canadian!

Leon
ComNet Member

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  485
Total Posts:  1091
April 3, 2007 9:07:37 AM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon let his eye's flick from side to side, scanning each doorway, looking for any kind of movement or any hint of a trap. The only source of cover Raiders had were those boxes, and Leon knew that those boxes wouldn't hold up very well against some heavy blaster fire. If they were caught in this hallway, their chances of survival weren't going to be very high.

Leon, with Sayah by his side, continued walking forward, the rest of the squad on their heels. The sound of heavy breathing could be heard from the trooper next to him, to loud for Leon's liking. "Hey, you might wanna calm down a bit. You're breathing louder then a damned Rancor."

The trooper just turned and nodded, resuming his scan of the hallway ahead. Leon let out a grunt of satisfaction, and snickered to himself. The fact that none of the new members had even bothered talking to Leon was a good sign, it showed that they were somewhat intimidated by him, and Leon liked that. He was also going to make sure it stayed that way, and if any of the new troopers were to pick a fight with him, he'd give them something to remember.

C'mon Leon, stay focused. You have a mission to complete, you can think about these kinds of things later, thought Leon to himself as he resumed to scanning the hallway.

Sayah and Leon had already scanned the rooms on either side, and all they had were a bunch of crates, nothing else. At the end of the hallway was another tube-lift, the only problem was, the lift wasn't there.

Leon turned his head back around to Darr-Rann, waiting for further orders. The squad leader hit the comm. Unit.

"Leon, take a peek over the edge, and tell us what you see."

Leon nodded in reply, and dropped onto his belly. He closed his eyes for a second, and then slowly stuck his head out over the tube-lifts edge. As he peered down, his eye's met the heads of a dozen figures clad in black. Leon's eyes widened, he recognized the armor they were wearing, in fact, it was very familiar to Leon.

Storm Commando Armor.

Leon got up as fast as he could, and signaled for the squad to take cover in the doorways. What, or how these people got the armor was one of the questions that were running through Leon's head. But who they were was the question that was tugging at Leon the most.

-----------------------
Raiders
May god have mercy upon my enemies, for I will show none.
TRP/SGT Leon/3SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[ES2]
And so we go.
I am the one...The one who made the 100,000 post.
Football is the best sport ever, and no one can change the way I feel about it.
Proud title holder of the most homosexual things said on IRC
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1241
April 9, 2007 4:50:01 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
"Commandos?" Darr-Rann said, reviewing the small video clip Leon had sent him from his helmet camera. "The VEI briefing gave no mention of any commandos being deployed here  I'm thinking they might be Thrawn forces."

That would be bad news. If Thrawn was involved, then they were probably interested in getting a hold of those intelligence officers. As far as he knew, those agents knew a lot of things that the Vast Empire would not want Thrawn getting his hands on.

Darr-Rann spoke. "We don't know what exactly these guys are doing, so we're going to keep an eye on them for the time being while continuing on with the mission. Chances are, they're heading towards our targets, so we might as well tail them."

"Roger." Leon replied. Sayah crept forward to join the trooper. They watched as the lift descended, until it reached the the floor. Leon reached to hit the control panel and summon the elevator, but Rogueboy took a few steps forward and stopped him.

"It'll catch their attention." The trooper said. He turned to face Darr-Rann, who nodded. "Rappel lines."

Rogueboy, Leon, and Sayah took out cables, clipping them onto their belt and attaching them to the edge of the lift. Jumping over, the three troopers' feet hit the inside wall of the tube. Simultaneously they keyed the release, sending them falling further down. They halted just before their feet hit the lift.

Ahead of them, there were two doors, on each side of the room. They caught the last of the commandos walking through each of the doors. They waited for the passageways to close, and for a few moments to pass, before detaching themselves from the lines. They cleared out of the lift, and the other Raiders began to climb down the cables.

"They went off in both directions." Leon said, motioning his hands at the two doorways. Darr-Rann nodded to the troopers.

"Leon, take Sayah down the right way and follow them that way. The rest of us will take the left. Leon and Sayah headed over to the door, taking out fibre-optic cables. After ensuring the hall beyond was clear, they opened it up and walked through.

"Remember, check in every five minutes." The squad leader told them over the squad radio. He waved for the remaining troopers to follow him, then headed towards the door on the left.

They found themselves in long hallway, At the end of which there was another door. As they went ahead, Darr-Rann  looked around for a computer junction  It'd be great to find some sort of map they could use to figure out exactly where everything was. It was likely that at least one of the groups of commandos was heading to the where the agents were kept, So this was probably their best way to find them.

He had a bad feeling though  Like things were going to go wrong any minute, like they were in the calm before the storm...

-----------------------
Raiders
|WO2_Demonic/Reserves| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=*ee*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)(LoM)[SWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Namyr
ComNet Novice

Namyr

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  67
April 10, 2007 7:28:20 AM    View the profile of Namyr  
The box was pried open and Namyr's stomach churned threatening to heave up the contents of her stomach as she looked at the mutilated human body in the box. Namyr looked away and felt even sicker as the smell managed to get past the filter in her mask. She let out a cough and slowly made her way to the body. Being the squad medic she had to take a few detailed notes on any bodies they found for the reports. Namyr quickly did her voice report and recorded it in her helmet to be extracted later.

'No form of ID," she reported going over the body for any clues, "Death caused by what appears deep fractures in the skull and not from decapitation. Scars on the back would suggest a slave of some sort. Skin on hands are calloused and thick, most likely a heavy labor slave. No wait here's some sort of ID a crest of some sort of government. Well that explains the mutilation at least, probably some government official's family member that they kidnapped, most likely revenge of some sort. From the address the body was being shipped to Vena. When we get back from the mission I'll fill out the paperwork to deliver the body back to the Vena people and escort it myself, if time permits," Namyr said a sick feeling passing through her body. Had this been the fate of Cerine? Shipped back to her parents, dead, head cut off?

Then with a slight professional air she said a quick prayer, "Whose God you believe in let you be returned in all his or hers glory," Namyr murmured before adding a quick Twi'lek prayer to the Goddess. Standing up straight she shook her head, her body quaked for a moment until she got her emotions under control and walked to catch up with the rest of the squad. "How's the leg Rogue?" Namyr said to shrug off the feeling that something bad was going to happen.

"Stiff, hurts, but then again it's broken," Rogueboy said frowning as they got the transmission of the Thrawn Forces, 'You alright, you seemed a little shaken when you saw that body?"

"Yeah not the first time I've seen death, nor will it be the last," Namyr said and went quiet as she listened to Darr's plan, she nodded. She watched as Rogueboy, Leon, and Sayah used grapple lines to get down and Namyr slung her blaster on her back and slid down as soon as Darr gave her the head nod. She landed quietly on the floor next to the other Raiders. She shivered again, the entire inside of this place gave her goosebumps. Once again she was placed at the end of the line following the Raiders watching to see if someone was following them.

-----------------------

SGT Namyr
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

[VE-VEEC] Senior Gamemaster

Post Number:  1243
April 11, 2007 8:08:02 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann watched the commandos leave the room through his fibre-optic cable. It was a large area, filled with more crates and about a dozen Rodian guards.  "One minute, then we're going in." The squad leader said, putting up a mission clock on the top of the fire team's HUDs for emphasis. He wanted the commandos to be too far away to hear the combat, but close enough that they could catch up.

The time ticked by, and the Raiders anxiously awaited the oncoming skirmish. Darr-Rann checked his ammunition, while Rogueboy adjusted the sights on his rifle. Namyr just tapped her fingers impatiently.

The clock hit zero.

"Fire team gold, execute!" The Senior Sergeant said,  kicking the door hard and bashing it in. The raiders stormed in, their A280s belching burst fire and cutting down four of the Rodians flat-footed.

One of the Rodians said something in it's language, incomprehensible to the squad leader. The alien raised it's heavy blaster pistol and fired a shot in his direction. Darr-Rann shifted his feet and tried to dodge the shot, but it grazed his arm, burning through plastoid and just managing to singe flesh.

The stormtrooper gritted his teeth, centering his sights on the center of the Rodian's mass and squeezing off a burst. The alien cried out and fell backwards, sizzling holes burning in it's torso. The squad leader turned his head to see Namyr had switched to fully automatic fire, and was spraying a hailstorm at a set of Rodians that were trying to regroup. He then turned to Rogue, who was fending off one of them with his Gladius. The trooper ran the alien through, throwing the body to the ground before stumbling slightly as he landed on his wounded leg.

Suddenly a Rodian was right in the Senior Sergeant's face. Damn, keep focused on yourself. The squad leader thought. The alien stabbed him in the stomach, but the knife the Rodian carried with dull and without vibrocutting. Darr-Rann wrapped his hands around it's neck, holding it in front of him as a protective shield to anyone who would get the idea to help. The Rodian dropped the knife and raised it's hands in an effort to pry the squad leader loose. It struggled for a few moments, then fell limp. He threw the body the the ground and drew his pistol, firing a few shots at it's head, to ensure it was out of combat.

He looked around for another opponent, but they were all downed. Namyr helped Rogueboy with his leg, giving him a fresh injection to keep it sturdy. The Squad leader walked around through the bodies, watching for any that would attempt to feign death. All twelve, confirmed kills. Good, clean work.

He turned to the rest of his team. "Rogue, are you going to be able to proceed?" He asked, stepping over to the trooper, who was just getting up.

"Yeah, Namyr's drugged me up again. I should be able to manage." The Assistant Squad leader said. Darr-Rann nodded, admiring the trooper's determination. If that determination became foolish, though, he'd have to deal with it.

"Then let's keep going. We've got a bit of catching up to do."

-----------------------
Raiders
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Sayah
ComNet Member

Sayah

Post Number:  504
April 13, 2007 6:29:34 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
The troopers armoured boots clanked on the metal floor. The door hissed open, thanks to Darr's slicing skills and Rogueboy calmly tossed a grenade inside.
Sayah watched at one side, DC-17 reloaded and mechanical arm as functional as it was going to get. "The left side is clear. The right side is as well.Guess we're going down?" Sayah thought  to himself "Where else, genius?" but kept his mouth shut, as he generally made it a habit not to mouth off to superior officers. The incident outside had been started by a couple of misinterpreted remarks to Leon about their tracks but if he hadn't decided to further irritate Rogueboy, it would probably have never been an issue. Instead, he had managed to irritate a Sergeant and the ASL to boot, not to mention indirectly caused the squad to miss an attack.
Preoccupied, he walked alongside Leon. For some reason, his helmet's filter system was defective and he found himself breathing more heavily than usual. "Hey, you might wanna calm down a bit. You're breathing louder then a damned Rancor."

Sayah, not really listening, absently nodded and turned back to the corridor. Although dark, it appeared to be clear of obstructions, other than a couple of spare crates.
For some reason ,Sayah felt unbearably uneasy. This was the redoubt of a being who kidnapped and murdered on an almost daily business for a living, yet apparently had no surface security. Either the Hutt was even more greedy and stupid than his biography had suggested, or they were walking into a trap. Given this individual's history, the latter seemed much more likely.
Sayah looked ahead and saw a turbolift which, ominously, was in use. Leon, on Darr's orders, looked down, stiffened for a brief moment and moved slowly back.
Looking at the video Leon had sent to all the troopers, Sayah was confused for a moment. There weren't supposed to be storm commandos here! Not VE ones anyway a small voice in his head said. That left only one real possibility: Thrawn.
Below them, Namyr was looking at the contents of the crate; it seemed Graula had left a pleasant little suprise for any interlopers. Looking at the contents of the box, Sayah's mouth tightened into a thin line and he mentally made a note to give the Hutt a taste of his own medicine, if possible. Namyr, standing next to the crate murmured something quietly in Twilek then moved on.
Sayah had seen worse though. Decapitation was preferable to roasting alive in lava, with none of your fellow soliders mentally able to even put you out of you misery. "Yeah, not the first time I've seen death, nor will it be the last," Namyr said before Sayah, Rogueboy, and Leon grappled down. After Darr nodded, they moved into the next room where, maddeningly, they had to wait for the commandos to move on.
As the others stood there, Sayah reloaded his rifle and drummed his fingers on the barrel, waiting. Finally, Darr-Rann shouted "Fire team gold, execute!" and Sayah rushed in with the others, shooting a Rodian mercenary in the head and wounding another, which cursed foully before shooting at Darr, who returned fire, sending the merc to the afterlife.
Sayah was kicked in the gut by another Rodian, which brought a wicked looking blade up above him, aiming for the kill. Sayah brought the butt of his rifle across the Rodian's face before drawing a blaster pistol and firing, reducing its chest to blackened slag. Pushing the corpse off him, Sayah got up, ready to shoot, only to find the other mercs were dead. He heard Darr order them to continue and hastened to obey.   

-----------------------
[Black League]
SM/Com Sayah/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(L)

[This message has been edited by Dante (edited April 13, 2007 6:32:55 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited April 13, 2007 6:35:42 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited April 13, 2007 6:36:01 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited April 13, 2007 6:37:20 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited April 13, 2007 6:53:24 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited April 13, 2007 6:54:42 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  907
April 13, 2007 7:55:24 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogue grimaced as he grappled down the tubelift the pain in his knee forcing him to wince with every jump. Finally he touched down and the burning sensation in his leg subsided until he was forced to walk again. Darr divided the squad and Rogue was designated to go left along with Darr and Namyr a quick glimpse of the storm commandos as they entered a nearby door.

"One minute, then we're going in." Came the order from the Squad Leader.

Sergeant Rogue carefully watched the ticking in his HUD as it slowly counted down. For a second the ASL thought about calling the missions quits and heading up to the surface to get a med evac but the thought was quickly dismissed as he thought of what might befall the squad that he has come to respect. The clock reached zero and the Senior Sergeant kicked open the door and stepped through it followed by Namyr and finally Rogue.

Inside the trio found a couple of Rodians, mercenaries judging from their dress and choice of weapons; cheap. Rogue rapidly pressed the trigger to his gun to fire individual bolts as quickly as he could and maintain his accuracy a Rodian jumped out from behind a crate and pushed the barrel of the Sergeant's rifle and took a swing at his helmet. The blue fist connected with the white helmet and sent Rogue reeling the ground because of his busted knee. The ASL pulled his gladius from out of it's scabbard and used it to parry the Rodian's dagger as it was aimed to remove his sweet jugular vein. Rogue took a step back to keep the Rodian out of reach whilst allowing his gladius enough room to swing and connect. The first attack that Rogue made connected with the Rodian's dagger arm and the second drove right through the chest of the Rodian who fell, the momentum brought the ASL down with him until he was able to dislodge the gladius. Looking arround Rogue realized the battle was over and used the dead alien's vest to clean his blade before resheathing it.

Namyr approached Rogue with a syringe in her hand. "Time for your second dose." The teal coloured liquid seemed to disappear through the black undersuit of the plastoid armour.

Rogue looked around and saw a door at the end of the room that lead to a short staircase. The squad approached the stairs and Darr lead the way followed by Namyr and then Rogue. They entered a chamber that was void of anything living and a quick glance showed that this was Garra's private audience chamber. The lack of armed mercenaries and bounty hunters seemed to put the squad on edge as they checked out every likely place for ambush before proceeding through a door that led into Garra's bedchamber. The hutt was seated on a pavilion of cushions two Twi'lek pleasure slaves passed out next to him.

"Stay outside unless you hear me calling." Darr said over the comlink as he shouldered his blaster shotgun and withdrew the fibre wire that he kept on his belt at all times and approached the sleeping hutt.

OOC: Roll 1d6+4 for successful sneak attack

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
Clearly Canadian!

[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited April 14, 2007 1:56:27 PM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

Post Number:  1250
April 14, 2007 7:01:51 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann looked to either side of the ornately decorated chamber. Decorated curtains lined the sides, each one of them a possible hiding place for an enemy. He activated heat and motion overlays, but found nothing unusual behind them. Still, he felt nervous about this.

The stormtrooper crept closer to the Hutt, seeing it with his own eyes for the first time. The alien was grotesquely large and slimy looking, and slept with a simple look of peacefulness on it's face. That was going to end soon.

He got within about fifteen feet of Garra, then sheathed his blaster rifle. He thought it best to be quiet here, so he drew out a Mynock silenced pistol he had taken along for the mission. It would do nicely.

He raised his pistol in two hands, in a shooter's stance. He sighted along the barrel...

Then suddenly, an energy barrier flickered on between him and the Hutt, just as the creature's eyes flicked open, and an evil looking grin spread across it's face.

Darr-Rann fell back a few steps. Guards surged out from behind the curtains, including the team of Commandos that they had been tracking. Damn. The squad leader though, The curtains were heat-barriers.

Garra echoed out a laugh, his pudgy hands resting against his stomach. "Look what I have here." He said in a slow common, "One of our intruders, caught. A stormtrooper too." Garra shifted his incredible bulk so that he faced one of the Commandos. "Is this some sort of attempt at a double cross, lieutenant?"

"No." The Commander said, his voice muffled by the familiar speech filter. "He must be Vast Imperial, some sort of rescue."

Garra seemed to ponder this for a moment, then grinned. "Very well. Send him down to the slave quarters  Take his weapons, but leave him his armor, except his helmet" The Hutt said. Two commandos stepped forward and took Darr-Rann's pistol, which he handed over willingly. Any attempt at resistance would be futile in this situation.

He was sending all of this VIA video and audio feed to the rest of his squad  hopefully they'd figure out a way to free him  After they took his helm and omninode, he'd be without comlink.

"Hmm.." One of the Commandos said, examining the Squad Leader's shotgun. "This is a good quality of weapon. I think I'll keep it." Darr-Rann burned inwardly at this  That shotgun had belonged to his first commander, in the resistance.

Enjoy it while you can, buddy. He thought to himself, I'll be taking it back after I break your damned neck. They moved to take his helmet, so he composed himself, attempting to show no emotion. He didn't want them to know how much they pissed him off.

Garra waved his arm, and they began to haul him away...

-----------------------
Raiders
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Sayah
ComNet Member

Sayah

Post Number:  517
April 14, 2007 8:41:58 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
The squad filed in, safeties off, as they had been for awhile. Sayah watched, not willing or able to believe the Hutt would have been so absymally foolish as to allow them this far in. By now he was certain that the creature was allowing them to penetrate, as even minor crimelords had the sense to post regular patrols and many mercenary squads in their base. Even more ominously, there were no guards in his audience chamber, indicating that either the commandos had doen their work for them, which was unlikely becuase a deserted post was a cause for alarm for the justifiably paranoid Hutts, or that the squad was strolling into a trap. The squad leader paused for a long moment ,considering, before saying "Stay outside unless you hear me calling." Sayah was hardly surprised, as Darr-Rann struck him as considerably sharper than some of the imbiciles he had served under and as the objective was to rescue the prisoners, not kill the bloated Hutt, it would be quicker and more efficient to be(hopefully) taken directly to the prisoner area. There was a risk that the Hutt would simply decide to kill him, but if all else failed they could fall back on plan B: vaporize every being in the chamber. Darr-Rann calmly crept towards the bloated mass of the corpulent being, deciding halfway there to use a silenced pistol instead of his E-11. Not surprisingly, as Darr was about to fire an energy barrier went up and enemies leapt out from behind the curtains, which were obviously shielded. Sayah heard the massive being laugh, a disgusting noise, and say "Look what I have here. One of our intruders, caught. A stormtrooper too. is this some sort of attempt at a double cross, lieutenant?" Under the helmet Sayah's eyes widened. The storm commandos were probably Thrawn and they were allied with the Hutt. Sayah watched dispassionately as the commandos took the Squad Leader captive as they had no intention of allowing things to degenerate futher. Without realizing it, the Hutt had made a serious tactical error. He heard one of the commandos say "This is a good quality of weapon. I think I'll keep it." before dragging Darr-Rann away.
Namyr attempted to leave her place and rescue Darr-Rann but Leon, quite sensibly, held her back. On Rogueboy's suggestion, she hacked into a terminal and downloaded a map to theirs HUDs. Examining it, Sayah noted the prisoner cells were two floors down. As the squad was leaving the room ,they heard footsteps. They could only be storm commandos. The squad moved to either side of the door and the two newcommers were quickly neutralised, one with a good view of Namyr's blaster, the other with Sayah's vibroknucklers at his throat. Then, Sayah noticed the Raider Squad logo on one captive's shoulder and realised they had almost killed their own reinforcements.
"Love a challange,", Sayah heard one of the newcomers say, to which Rogueboy replied "You're going to fit right in, let's go" The squad headed through another pair of doors, down into the bowels of the building towards a trap.

-----------------------
[Black League]

[This message has been edited by Dante (edited April 16, 2007 1:10:03 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited April 19, 2007 5:25:58 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited April 20, 2007 10:00:32 AM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

Post Number:  1258
April 19, 2007 9:05:20 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Tal slammed the but of his rifle into the Rodian's face, and he felt some part of the skull cave in. He turned around to fire a shot at another who was charging him, but it got too close. He raised the weapon to parry a shot, but the Rodian halfway through the swing of it's vibroblade, collapsing in a heap on the ground. Standing over the body was PFC Andrew Miller, bloodstained bayonet in hand.

"Good work trooper." The corporal said, walking around through the bodies and looking for any survivors. Seeing none, he nodded in satisfaction. "Let's move on."

They were heading downwards into the lair of Garra the Hutt. Reinforcements to the Raiders squad roster, they had just missed deployment. Garra was dangerous  They were deployed as soon as possible, heading towards the bunker through the desert and trying to follow the Raider's trail. It hadn't been an easy task.

Tal had been in the squad Chimera for all of his career in the corps. Due to it's thinning in ranks, he was transferred to Raiders, to help fill out their lines. He wondered how Darr-Rann would react when they met  They had been friends for a while now, from back in the old days when the squad leader had been in the same class as he for medic training.

"How deep down do you think they've gotten now?" Andrew asked as they approached the lift. Tal looked at the rappel lines still dangling from the edge.

"I dunno, but I imagine Garra's probably got wind of them being there by now. We should move on." Tal said, grabbing onto the repel line. Andrew follow suite and they began their descent...

A bit short, had to go - I just wanted to get Andrew into it. Also, Tal (from my old medic specs) is going to be an NPC member of the squad for the time being

-----------------------
Raiders
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Namyr
ComNet Novice

Namyr

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  68
April 19, 2007 9:41:51 PM    View the profile of Namyr  

There was something satisfying on turning her blaster on full automatic firing. Namyr stood her legs apart to give her enough balance from the recoil to continue firing to into a no longer trying to regroup Rodians. She winced as she missed several times but in the end she got most of them and stopped them from regrouping and trying to attack them again. Namyr's hands shook a little as she shouldered her blaster, she figured it was mainly because of the blaster recoil. Though the power felt through such a weapon was incredible, maybe she should raid the Raider's weapon room and find a blaster that she liked more then this standard issue.

Namyr then glanced over at Rogueboy and checked her watch, time for the second installment of the pain-killers. Last thing the squad needed was for Rogueboy to be out for the count, going into shock because of pain never settled right with anyone.

"Time for your second dose," Namyr told Rogueboy as she pulled out a syringe filled with a teal liquid, mostly anti-inflammatory, something to keep the infectious bugs at bay, and anti-pain. Though the medicine she was giving him would help Rogueboy it could also become addictive if Namyr used too much off it. Namyr helped Rogueboy to his feet, then they were off again, going up a fight of stairs, and Namyr went still as Darr took off around a corner.

"Stay outside unless you hear me calling," Darr said as the rest of the squad put a feed into his visor to watch what was going on. Namyr watched as Darr seemed to get cocky and try to fire on the Hutt, the Hutt's shield flickered and Namyr bounded forward to assist Darr only to Have Leon grabb her by the arm and shake his head.

"If anymore of us get caught we're dead, come on we have to regroup," Leon said, Namyr blinked a few times, for a moment wondering if this more leader-like Leon was who he was before he lost his memory. The remaining Raider's quickly backed away and crouched behind a group of crates in a corner near the main door of the room.

"First thing first, we need to get a map of this place," Rogueboy said looking around at the group.

"Saw a computer terminal on the other side of the room, I can try to hack into it and get the map," Namyr said and Rogueboy nodded and she snuck around the crates and headed for the computer. What had Darr been thinking trying to take Garra on his own? There had been a computer right here, most likely used to schedule smuggling runs, they could have gotten a map, found another way in and thought of a better plan. Namyr's thin fingers flew over the keyboard of the computer, she easily got past the first barriers and after a couple minutes finally broke into the system and downloaded the map into everyone's visors.

"Good work Namyr, now we hae to break Darr out, the prison cells are two floors down," Rogueboy spoke as Namyr crossed the room. she froze as she heard the heavy footsteps of Stormtrooper armour. More of Thrawn forces no doubt, instantly Namyr was by the door, blaster in hand. One of the armoured troops crossed the door only to have his head knocked to the side with the butt of Namyr's blaster, another got a kick into a stomach. Namyr stepped over to the trooper whose Helmet was now skewed to the side giving him visability in only one eye. Namyr kicked the trooper over onto his back and stepped on his chest to keep him from moving. "Should I kill you?" Namyr asked.

"Wait! I'm one of you, we've been sent as reinforcements!" the guy said pointing at the emblem on his shoulder a freshly painted Raiders Emblem. "PFC Anndrew Miller!" Namyr opened her mouth and tasted fear and also truth in Andrew's statement

Namyr let out a long line of curses in Twi'lek and took her foot off of PFC Miller's chest. She holstered her blaster and glanced over at Rogueboy and almost could sense his grin, "He's telling the truth," she grumbled walking back to the rest of the Raiders, not bothering to even apologize to the newest Raider.

"I'm Tal, this is PFC Andrew Miller, we were sent to help," Tal said, shaking Rogueboy's hand.

"Thank god, we could really use the help. Let's get to work then, Darr-Rann has gotten himself captured, we have to break him out, then kill Garra," Rogueboy said.

"Love a challange," PFC Miller said a hint of a grin in his voice.

"You're going to fit right in, let's go," Rogueboy said leading the squad through another set of doors and down further into Garra's tomb.

Darr was thrown into a rather harshly into a primitive cell. If the guards hadn't taken his armour and weapons, leaving Darr in only his undershirt and shorts, he would have been able to escape quite easily. Darr glanced around his cell to see any weak points for escape, only to find a skeleton of some creature laying in the corner. Darr curled his nose in disgust and continued to look around the cell, he then glanced at the cell across from his and caught the purple eyes of a green Twi'lek.

"They caught you too?" the Twi'lek asked from her cell, she glanced up and down the corridor to see if any guards were coming.

"Yeah, they did, who are you?" Darr asked suspiciously.

"Cerine, been here a while. Are you in the Vast Empire? You're hair is cut like a solider," Cerine asked curiously.

"Yeah," Darr said, no use in hiding what he was everyone in this place knew he was a Stormtrooper, let alone a prisoner like Cerine could spread the word around.

"Hey listen, if you were trying to kill Garra consider me in, if we work together we can get out of this place," Cerine said glancing around again, 'I just have to know if there are any people coming to help free you," Cerine said looking at Darr innocently.

"Four," Darr said and Cerine's cell door opened and she bounded out.

"Thanks for that," Cerine said, a glittering ring on her wedding finger distracted Darr, "Garra will be pleased to know, we can just tell the guard to be ready to kill on site," she added with a sound of snobbishness in her voice.

Darr's eyes grew large, he had just doomed his squad, in a moment of trust he had given away that they were in the compound, now they couldn't walk two feet without being attack. Darr hung his head low and said a short prayer of what he could remember.

-----------------------

SGT Namyr
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  919
April 20, 2007 7:49:27 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogue watched as Namyr greeted the new Raiders with a rifle and a kick, when they revealed themselves as Raiders Rogue felt Namyr's blush through her stormtrooper armour. "Alright, according to the map there are two tubelifts that access every level of this underground complex they are at opposite ends. There is also a staircase that comes out at the barracks but it is near the prison as well." Rogue said after a few minutes of studying the map.

"How near is the barracks to the prison? Maybe we can just go around it without engaging anyone." Tal said after digesting the information.

"Their right next to each other it will be near on impossible to get to the prison without first having to go through the barracks and any sound we make at the prison might get the guards running at us." Rogue said after mentally measuring the distances.

"I think the best course of action would be to take the staircase to the prison, four of us go in to rescue Darr while two of us prepare a reception for the guards from the barracks room." Sayah suggested after examining the map.

"I think we should do it the other way around; two go save Darr while four clean out the barracks room, a few flash grenades and some red bolts will drive the bastards to hell." Leon said, as Namyr nodded agreement.

"We should play it safe do our objectives first which are; rescure Darr and key operatives, and eliminate Garra. I don't think we should go out of our way to eliminate the barracks guards." Andrew Miller added his thoughts on the plan.

The squad began arguing on what they should do before Rogue yelled into his comlink. "Shaddup guys, this is what we're going to do; four of us are gonna bust Darr out and look for the operatives while they are at it. Two of us will prepare for a reception from the barracks room." He continued. "Just in case someone hears something and decides to check it out and not to go kill some tangos. Got it?"

Everyone murmured agreement and Rogue began to wonder how come the squad never seemed to question Darr's orders. The squad began moving out towards the direction of the stairs which was one corridor and two rooms away.

Tal opened the door to the corridor; the smoothly tiled floor would normally of made sound when people are walking on it but the stormtrooper boots were made with a special material that muffled their movements. The Raiders arrived at the first door which Rogue opened with a press of a button one the side the room was barren with open crates revealing contraband; mostly drugs. The next room had many more drugs as well as a few guards but the squad quickly dispatched them. Namyr with her dual blades, and the rest of the squad with the standard A-280 armour piercing blaster rifles.

The squad proceeded towards the staircase and before they went down Andrew Miller pulled out a flashbang but Rogue waved him off. "Let's not give anyone advanced warning even if it blinds anyone downstairs it will make a small explosive sound and draw unwanted attention on us." He said over the comlink as Andy re-equipped the orange lined grenade back to his utility belt.

Raiders lined up with Rogue leading the van as they went down the staircase; luckily for the squad there were no guards in the corridor that split the prison on one side and the barracks on the other.

"Namyr, Andy, and Leon with me, Tal and Sayah use those crates over there." Rogue pointed at a pair of crates that were beautifully positioned before the door which the duo went up to and positioned their rifles aiming at the door. The rest of the Raiders stacked up on the door preparing to enter the prisons where Darr and hopefully the operatives were located.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
Clearly Canadian!

Aphamos
ComNet Initiate

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  150
Total Posts:  209
April 20, 2007 10:13:26 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Forget me why don't you.  Oh well, I guess I'll go explore by my lonesome.  Aphamos turned and walked back through the door that the squad had just entered through, turning around momentarily and looking at the troopers about to head in to battle.  Ahhh, they'll be fine.  He turned again and headed through the corridor, stopping for a quick moment to take inventory on the weapons he had on his person.  Let's see here; one sniper rifle, couple cartridges, dual slug thrower pistols with silencers, two flashes, and one explosive pack.  I'm a goddam army.

He walked over to one of the crates containing the small packets of drugs.  He took off the lid to one of the crates, revealing the contents.  White packets filled the crate in a very organized manner, the packets being stacked nicely on top of one another.  How organized of you, Garra.  He picked up a few of the packets, opening them up and spilling the contents onto the floor.  He dropped the packets on the ground a picked up a few more, stashing them in a compartment on his utility belt.  For Rogue, he thought to himself as he smiled, heading out of the room and into the next.

He entered the room where they Raiders had confronted the enemy troopers.  He walked over to one dead soldier who had been mauled by Namyr's blades.  He moved the man's arm over with his leg, seeing the full extent of the ruptures that Namyr had struck on the man.  Ok, you don't want to get on her wrong side of her.  Aphamos went to his knees, searching the man for anything that might be useful.  He took a comlink off of the man's belt, as well as some identification.  He didn't bother reading the name on the tag, for he figured it was best not knowing who it was the he had seen murdered.  He felt much more comfortable referring to his enemies as just "enemies", not real people with real lives that he may had ended.

Aphamos turned the comlink on and listened as a voice started shouting orders.

"GO GO GO MEN, THEY'RE IN THE RED ZONE AND ARE APPROACHING THE HOSTAGE!" yelled the man.  Quite the accent there, Aphamos thought to himself, pulling his comlink from his belt and pressing the button to direct the message to the squad.

"Guys, watch your backs, they know you're there and they are about to move in," he said, still heading further away from his squad mates.  He entered another room, not receiving any answer for the message he had just sent.  Aphamos switched on the other comlink, listening for any further transmissions to the enemy troopers.  No messages were sent; the only sound that filled the room was silence.

What the hell am I doing?  I'm leaving them staring at the face of danger.  Dammit, it's too late anyways.  If they enemies are already there, then they may or may not be captured.  If they aren't, well I warned them.  Now I'm going to kill this bastard.

-----------------------
Raiders

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
--William Tecumseh Sherman--
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  922
April 21, 2007 3:00:16 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
The door opened and a quick view showed a row of columns that supported a sort of balcony that surrounded the middle of the room which was open with one man standing in the center, his back to the squad. "That's weird the map shows the prison is one floor. I'll take him out quietly." Rogue said as he shouldered his blaster and withdrew his fibre wire and he cautiously approached his target while the squad lined up along the columns ready to shoot the target if he would turn.

"Guys, watch your backs, they know you're there and they are about to move in," Aph's voice came over the comlink.

As soon as Rogue heard these words he slowly started backing up from his target but it was too late. "Surrender your weapons we have you surrounded." A voice said from above the balcony.

"Shit." Rogue muttered under his breath as his squad looked at him wondering what he would do as he was the most exposed as well as the leader. "Perhaps you're the one who is surrounded!" Rogue yelled at the man who spoke.

The man openly laughed at that statement a long annoying chuckle. "I think not, I outnumber you, I have the advantage of surprise and better location, I also have men with their guns trained on your three squad mates. Surrender and save me from having to wipe you out of the galaxy."

Rogue felt his bladder feel weak, his knees almost collapsed, and he became thoroughly stressed just then strange notion came into Rogue's mind; he could surrender and most likely die a dishonourable death as well as shame his squad or he could die foolhardy and honourably. A quick look at the "bait" showed that it was a holovid of a man standing. The only repercussion of honour vs dishonour is that he would kill his squad by doing this and nothing will be achieved. Rogue's dilemma was saved as the door on the bottom floor opened and Aphamos strode in; two smoke grenades primed in his hands which he threw in the center of the room one of which hit Rogue's ankle. The ASL immediately dove to the left and under the safety of the columns made his way over to where Aphamos was ushering the squad out of the death trap. The enemy unloaded hoping to hit anyone who was slow enough not to move before the gas enveloped the lower chamber; effectively covering the Raiders retreat.

The squad regrouped outside of the trapped chamber with angry red bolts futilely striking the nearby wall. "Good plan Sergeant." Sayah said anger clearly evident in his tone.

"You better watch your tongue or else I'll take it out of your damn mouth." An equally frustrated Rogue said.

"What are we going to do now?" An excited Namyr asked.

"I'm thinking." Rogue said the stress of command revealing itself. "Did anyone else study the room we were in? It looked more like a barracks then it did an actual prison."

"I didn't get a very good glance but you're right I didn't see any bars or shield grids anywhere." Leon said after mentally refreshing the images.

"We're going to check the "barracks" listed on the map, I think they might have tampered with it before we downloaded it to lead us into a trap." Rogue said after running the possibilities through his head. "I wish we had Patch he could check when the map was last edited while reading it and running a thousand other small tasks."

The squad stacked up on the door and prepared to enter the "barracks" all seven of them ready to kill and pissed off enough to not take prisoners.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
Clearly Canadian!

Aphamos
ComNet Initiate

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  151
April 21, 2007 4:13:49 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
"You are all lucky bastards, you know that?" asked Aphamos in a sarcastic manner as the squad of stormtroopers made their way to the barracks.  "Really though, knowing Rogue, you would have all been dead or close to dying if I hadn't come to the rescue."  His squad mates laughed at the comment, Rogueboy giving Aphamos a little shove.  He laughed a bit, realizing that he was in the wrong mindset for where they were about to go.  Cut the jokes unless you want to die, he thought to himself, debating about whether or not he should go with his squad mates or go journeying out alone.  He walked up to Rogueboy to discuss the situation with him.

"What's up?" asked Rogueboy, sensing Aphamos's question.

"When are we going to get Darr out?" asked Aphamos, trying to lead into where he needed to get.

"Well, seeing as how the 'barge in and extract' plan didn't work, we're going to go in the 'barracks' and see what's in store for us."  Aphamos turned the timer that was programmed into his headset on and setting it to a time of two hours, having already made up his mind about what he was going to do.

"Well, there is a large chance that you get Darr out in time," he said, "but there is an equally large chance that you don't, and by now they've probably taken him to a specially guarded area.  I can get him out if you distract them for me."  He looked at Rogueboy as the squad finally reached the doors to the barracks.  "I know its risky and all, but I need to get him out, and anyways, you guys will be fi-"

"Go do what you have to do, Aph, go do what you have to do," said Rogueboy, "and we'll help you out all we can from over here.  Keep in touch in case you need any help or anything, and don't forget that the shadows are the way to go."  Aphamos nodded his head, pondering on the last piece of advice that his friend had given him.  The shadows are the way to go.  The shadows&.

"Thanks.  I'll be with you in two hours exact, no more than that.  If I'm not back by then, I'll see you on the other side." said Aphamos, pulling a smoke and a flash grenade off of Rogueboy's belt and attached them to his own.  "For good luck.  I'll see you all later."

"Where are you going?" asked Namyr as she was readying her weapons for combat.

"Just for a little stroll in the park." answered Aphamos, checking the ammo in his guns to make sure he was ready.  He turned around, heading in whichever direction felt right to him.  So, two hours to find Darr and maybe kill fatty G.  Time is precious, isn't it?

He turned the timer on as the first few seconds started ticking away, each second getting him closer and closer to the enemy.

-----------------------
Raiders

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.
Aeos
ComNet Veteran

Aeos

[VE-DJO] Acolyte
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  1335
Total Posts:  3141
April 22, 2007 5:50:24 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
Aeos twirled a strand of loose hair around her fingertips, while gazing outside through the dirty window. As soon as her previous Squad-Leader could manage he sent her off to the nearest hospital where they treated her for light injuries to the head. What happened afterwards was an particular event Aeos would prefer not to discuss as it brought her down on her knees.

She glanced at her left hand, which was now in the comforts of a leather glove. Her palm was massacred beyond recognition, all that remained now was dead nerves and a vast plane of white scares tracing inside her palm as well as on the back of her hand as if someone stuck something through it.

Rubbing her exposed hand over the leather glove, Aeos sighed and gazed out again. As soon as she could manage she made her way back to Tadath, where she was assigned as a Army Advisor. And now, she was on her way to Elden. It wasn't necessary, but she wanted check-up on them. She along with other individuals were getting increasingly worried as to why Raiders were taking so much time upon returning to base.  She volunteered to travel to Elden.

"Ge' of' Ya' ra' 'i scumbags! " she heard the twilek yell over blaring intercoms throughout the ship. She decided to travel here unnoticed, and make her way through the desert cities of Elden in disguise. It was never a good idea to reveal of what alignment you were. Sometimes it just brought bad luck. And bad luck always seemed to accompany Imperials with whomever they collided with.

Aeos lazily got up from her seat and grabbed her duffelbag from the small roof rack suspended from the vehicle's ceiling. As she stepped into the blazing heat, Aeos squinted her eyes at the sudden brightness. Around her the small streets were bustling with people of all races. She could sense that these were the type of people that kept out of your business as long as you kept out their's.

"Ya' ne' a ri'e Miss?"
Aeos spun around alert at the rough voice that penetrated her personal space. Behind there stood dwarf. He had a long shaggy beard, but his head was bald. Tiny, beady yet pleasant eyes squinted from underneath the bushy eyebrows. The small dwarf wrinkled his nose, waiting for the dumbfounded Imperial in front of him to answer him.
"Excuse, I only speak basic." replied Aeos curtly.
The dwarf let out a hearty laugh that roared into her ears and pointed to a small hover car, with the carved numbers '1337' etched very roughly on the passenger's door. Above the number was another inscripture, though Aeos was unable to read it.

"Ah, taxi....yes, thank you," she muttered and followed the dwarf's gesture.
"Where ya of' to?" he asked as they settled in the vehicle. It smelled of rotten fruit and air freshener that has long since passed it's expiry date.
"You talk basic?" she asked perplexed. Moments before she could not understand one word of the dwarf was talking.
"Strong accen' Miss, where ya of' to?" he asked again.
"Nearest cheapest hotel," answered Aeos rapidly. The dwarf nod in reply, and the sped off leaving a trail of dust in the process.

"LAATi Raider?......"
Aeos waited a few minutes before trying to establish ComLink connection with the ship.
"LAATi Raider?....."
For a few moments the Com did nothing but crackle in response, though faintly a voice managed to sound through.
"This is a secure channel, who is this?"
"Senior Sergeant Aeos, Advisor, Code:  Bo2B89BS"  Aeos replied patiently as she waited for the LAATi to respond as they first had to find her in the Vast Imperial Databank.
"Good day Sergeant, what can we do for you?"  asked the same voice a few moments later.
"Put me through to Senior Sergeant Darr-Rann, " she ordered. There reigned a brief silence.

"I'm sorry Sergeant, at this moment we have no contact with the Sergeant, may I put you through to Sergeant Rogue?"
Aeos frowned, this worried her.
"Yes, you may..."

Aeos leaned back into her chair. It was fairly old, but so was the rest of the room as well as the building.

"Talk fast whoever you are, I'm in a situation here, " Aeos managed to hear Roguebiy's gasps of breath, and what she imagined blaster shots as well.
"Tis me Aeos, Rogue, I understand you are in a bunker of some sort, do you need any assistance, of some sort? Or will you report later?"
"Later, assistance maybe, transport back to the LAATi might be nice, cutting-link , no time-"  Rogueboy cut the connection and Aeos silently prayed they were all in perfect health.
She stood up from her chair, and crossed the room to the grimy window. She took the tallest room available in hope of getting some view, but they offered as view wasn't really exotic. Miles of desert stretched out in front her.

All Aeos could do now, was wait.

-----------------------
Adv/SSGT_Aeos/[LoR][ES2C][CoR]
TRN/AC_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE
Army Advisor
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited April 23, 2007 9:06:43 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited April 23, 2007 9:12:42 AM)]
Andrew Miller
ComNet n00b

Andrew Miller

Post Number:  3
Total Posts:  4
April 23, 2007 11:33:53 PM    View the profile of Andrew Miller 
{Not to sure exactly what I need to be doing as I dunno who I need to be following }

Miller had his rifle drawn as different patterns and ideas filled in the back of his mind. Training had taught him to be prepared for the expected and unexpected, but dont over plot as it could lead to a swift defeat. The last thing Miller wanted to do on his first mission would be to get killed, or worse cost the lives of any of his squad mates. His nerves were shot already as the past thirty minuets had been a rush and his memory of it was almost blank. Yet his mind was still alert to the situation, and he knew that the target needed to be eliminated but he also knew in the back of his mind that Darr needed to be assisted. He wasnt sure which to handle and the pressure flowed on to him further. Being a Combat Engineer he was not use to having to rush into such situations as he'd have much rather plotted the whole attack out, but time wasnt working with the Raiders nor was anyone's life becoming safer.
[This message has been edited by Andrew Miller (edited April 24, 2007 1:02:47 AM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  930
April 25, 2007 11:23:56 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
The squad opened the door and charged in half expecting it to be full of nothing but hoping that it was full of fresh meat, the squad was angry and hungry a bad combination. Rogue could see it in their movements the way the communicated on the comlink which Rogue hoped was still secured and that their frequency and code had not been cracked. The room was your typical holding area a few cells with barred doors and a small slot to slide their meals through.

"We got something here." Leon said as he approached the last cell on the right.

Two troopers stayed at the door to make sure the squad was not attacked from behind while Rogue made his way over hoping that it was Darr. Instead Rogue found a green Twi'lek passed out on the floor of the cell face down, he immediately called Namyr over. While he waited the few seconds he made his way over and checked the Twi'leks pulse, not a beat.

"Namyr, get your arse over here pronto." Rogue said thinking that it must be Cerine.

The red Twi'lek ran the short distance over and paused at the gate leading into the cell.

"Is it her?" The ASL asked the anger melting away from him and all thoughts of comforting his medic was brought to mind.

"I&I&don't know I haven't seen her in many years I can't positively identify her but I think it's her, unless this person has the same beauty marks as my sister." Namyr spoke softly trying not to betray her emotions but Rogue knew her well enough to know that she needed some time to herself.

A message came over on the comlink as a general broadcast. "Those of you inside Garra's pleasure palace drop your weapons and surrender to security or we will start executing hostages starting with your very own Darr-Rann you have twenty minutes." The voice was still and even which translated to unpredictable in Rogue's mind they will execute Darr if they did not do what they were told.

As if in unison every member said something similar to; "Rogue what are we going to do?"

"We're going to strip down to our skins and run around." Rogue said with a hint of grin humour. "To be honest guys, I don't know what to do its not as if there is anything about this in the manual." The squad left the room as they contemplated their course of action.

Cerine got up from the dank cell and grinned wickedly; it didn't take a lot of torture to their squad leader in order to convince him that sharing the names of his squad members and a little background information on them. It was surprising how Cerine had learned to stop her pulse; it took many months of hard training to learn it and it finally came in use. Cerine went up against the wall in the prison and pressed a catch; a secret door opened up and Cerine disappeared knowing that sometime soon her time will come.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
Heavy Weapons Specialist
Clearly Canadian!

Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

Post Number:  1270
April 27, 2007 5:30:29 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Damn her. Darr-Rann thought, striking his fist off of the metal bars. She had fooled him. He thought she was a slave punished by Garra, and that she could be trusted. Should've known better.

The sound of screaming echoed out through the the jail - Someone unfortunate enough to victim to Garra's torturers. He felt the rage burning inside him build. He would escape somehow, and he would kill the slimy bastard. He'd kill the Twi'lek too, if he got the chance.

A pair of men came walking down the hallway. One had his face covered by a cheap-looking combat helmet. The other man was a Twi'lek, who had his long blue Lekku headtails warapped around his neck. Both carried slugthrower rifles casually. The helmeted one said something that Darr-Rann couldn't understand - sounded Rodian. However, he could understand by the way that it pointed at him, he was the subject.

The Twi'lek grinned at Darr-Rann. "Your being transferred. Please don't resist." It said. Darr-Rann saw the man's hand rest on the hilt of another weapon worn at his belt - An shocker club. He grimaced  The voltage from such a weapon usually wasn't lethal, but they hurt like hell.

"Where?" The squad leader asked. The Twi'lek's grin widened.

"Your being taken out of the jail block for when your friends arrive. It would be dearly unfortunate if somehow you complicated our little surprise for them."

Darr-Rann's hands tightened into fists for a moment, before he forced himself to relax. The squad would know that they were probably walking into a trap. They'd be ready.

"Come on. We've got something fun planned for you - Garra's been looking for some entertainment." The Twi'lek said, opening up the mechanical lock on his cell door. The Rodian raised it's slugthrower level to the center of the squad leader's chest, while the Twi'lek slipped around to grab him by the wrists. He walked along willingly, but the Twi'lek still shoved him when it got the chance as they walked along the cells - Seemingly for the fun of it. Darr-Rann mentally marked down another for his death list.

Darr-Rann was brought into a small locker room. He found his armor there, minus the helmet. "Your giving me back my gear?"

The Twi'lek sneered. "You'll last longer with it. Now shut up and put it on." Darr-Rann complied, first slipping on the underarmor, then attatching the various plates. The familiar fit of the plastoid armor felt good.

"Get out there." The Twi'lek said, pointing to the door. Darr-Rann reckoned his armor could stop a slug or two, but his head was unprotected. The man was about seven feet away from him - plenty enough for it to squeeze off a few shots before he got a hold of the bastard. He complied.

Darr-Rann walked out into a large chamber. The ground underneath him was sand, and walls about ten feet tall surrounded him. Above those about a score of various humanoids sat in stands, with Garra resting on a luxurious mat in the middle. There was a door at the other end of the room.

Darr-Rann saw a crude looking vibroblade resting a few feet away from him, so he walked forward to pick it up - The other door opened as he did so.

A man walked through, grasping a similar blade. He wore a crude assortment of plates, from various sets of armors. The man stepped forward menacingly. Darr-Rann realized where he was.

An arena.

-----------------------
Raiders
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Aphamos
ComNet Initiate

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  154
April 29, 2007 4:12:19 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos headed down the narrow pathway, both of his guns pointed forward toward where he was moving.  He paused, hearing footsteps at the end of the pathway.  He started to walk faster, reaching the end of the hall and taking a sharp turn to left as he quickly scouted what lay in front of him.  Oh damn.  Damn, damn, damn.  He jumped back into the previous hallway, hoping that they enemies that were in the room to his left hadn't seen him.  Okay, what do I do?  He pulled a flash grenade off of his belt and juggled it as he thought of a plan.

He opened the top of the flash grenade as he moved back into the room with the troopers.  He raised his pistols and fired, spraying a flurry of shots around as two enemies fell to the ground.  The enemy soldiers scrambled for their weapons and fired a few futile shots at Aphamos.  Now, time for the second act.  He threw the flash grenade into the room, moving back into the narrow passage.  After hearing the silent poof of the grenade, he walked into the room, pistols raised to take down any troopers that weren't effected.

The moans of the soldiers filled the room, some of them trying to get up and fish around for their weapons.  Most of them were down on the ground with no intention of standing up - they had stared directly at the flash when it triggered.  Aphamos walked around to each of the troopers, pulling out their comlinks and destroying them in order to cut them off from any communication.  There have got to be easier ways than this.  He looked at the trooper that he was carrying.  The man looked young, no wrinkles or imperfections on his face.  Sold into slavery no doubt.

"Don't talk," said Aphamos, leaning closer to the trooper.  "You'll live if you don't talk."  Deep down though, Aphamos knew that he wouldn't be killing the soldier.  He just needed the kid to shut up.  A faint moan of approval was stifled from the enemy, the trooper getting to his feet and letting himself be carried freely by Aphamos.  The two headed down the hall as they approached a flight of stairs.  And up we go.

Once they had reached the top of the stairs, Aphamos lead the trooper to the left, hearing loud noises coming form that direction.  What the hell?  Is that cheering?  He quickened his pace, taking a right and running through the hallway.

"What's that noise," asked Aphamos, stopping as the sounds had reached their peak.

"You said I can't talk," replied the trooper, a thin smile coming across his face.  Aphamos smiled as well, pressing the barrel of one of his pistols to the neck of the troop.

"You seem to have broken that rule just now," said Aphamos.  "Now I'll ask you again in case you forgot.  What the hell is that noise?"

The enemy looked down at the ground, and then finally succumbed to Aphamos's coercion.  "It's a game.  And we're right above it."  Aphamos stepped forward and opened the door in front of him.  He looked down at the arena that was before him.

Well, I found him first.

-----------------------
Raiders

[This message has been edited by Aphamos (edited April 29, 2007 4:12:52 PM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

Post Number:  1272
April 29, 2007 6:51:49 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann shot his booted foot upwards into the gut of his assailant, disrupting the downward stab that was intended to kill him. Rolling backwards, he picked up his fallen sword and raised it to block an incoming overhead slash. He stepped forward and pushed his opponent back, blade against blade. The vibroweapons made a slight hissing sound as their activated edges crossed.

"I'm gunna enjoy this, stormie." The gladiator said, feinting an upwards cut, which he twisted into a stab. Darr-Rann caught the manuver in time and swatted the blade away with the flat of his blade. The man continued to pressforward, not giving the squad leader much time to recover before he had to deflect the next swing. Up in the stands, Garra laughed.

Just wait you turn. Darr-Rann thought, stepping forward in an uppercut slash. He caught the man across the arm, hitting an unprotected spot. The stormtrooper grinned with satisfaction as the blood hit the sands below, and the man flailed back, swearing. He had a few cuts himself, but nothing serious  He was starting to think he had a good chance of winning.

Suddenly the man's sword shot forward out of the flail, catching Darr-Rann off guard  the blade bit into plastoid armor and through flesh. Darr-Rann felt a burning pain in his side as the blade was withdrawn.

Darr-Rann gritted his teeth and threw his weight forward, slamming his shoulder into the man's chest and knocking them both to the ground. The unexpected attack left his opponent disoriented and unarmed, while Darr-Rann still had his sword. Rolling to his feat, he ran his blade through the man's chest, pinning him to the ground.

Darr-Rann cried out in triumph as the man coughed up blood. He withdrew the blade, and sliced it across the man's neck, ending his life. He breathed in and out deeply, letting the battlewrath settle down enough that he could think rationally again.

"Very good, vast imperial." Garra chuckled. "Watching you fight for your life is entertaining... Let's continue." He waved a pudgy arm in the air, and the door at the end of the arena opened again.

Well, damn it. Darr-Rann thought as he watched shadowed figures walk out of the entranceway.

"I hope you don't mind if we let them both fight you. It's just we need to get back to business, so things must be hurried along. I hope you understand." The hut said, his long mouth twisting into a grin.

-----------------------
Raiders
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Aphamos
ComNet Initiate

Aphamos

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  155
April 30, 2007 10:06:29 PM    View the profile of Aphamos 
Aphamos moved back though the door as he closed it shut, looking down at the ground.  What the hell is going on?  He's going to die out there.  "I need you to stay here and not move, okay kid?" asked Aphamos, his vision moving to the enemy that he was carrying.  "Don't make any sounds or do anything stupid because I swear I'll kill you."

"What makes you think that you can trust me?" asked the soldier.  "You won't kill me.  In fact, I don't even think you'll hurt me."  Aphamos sighed, realizing that he had been too soft to the enemy this entire time.  He closed his eyes briefly and focused, deciding that he should discipline the disobedient child that lay before him.

Aphamos took out two pairs of wire handcuffs from his belt, throwing the enemy onto the ground and tying up his hands and his feet.  "See, I knew you wouldn't do anything to me.  You're just too sca-"  Before the soldier finished his sentence, Aphamos whipped out his vibroblade and stabbed the enemy in the thigh. 

"AAAAAAH," screamed the soldier, his scream shortened by Aphamos's hand.  Aphamos pulled out one of his pistols and pressed the barrel to the soldier's neck, pushing hard as to intimidate him.

"You're going to be quiet now," said Aphamos, his voice low and serious now.  "You aren't going to move and you make a sound.  If you do, it'll be your other leg next."  Aphamos pulled the vibroblade out of the soldier's thigh and placed it back in its sheath.  He pulled a high explosive grenade from his belt and shoved it in the trooper's mouth, thus disabling him from any speech.

"Now you'll have no choice but to be quiet," said Aphamos.  He pulled the cartridges of his pistols out and reloaded them, making sure everything was ready for the fight that was readying itself.  "I'll be back in a bit."  Aphamos stood up and headed toward the door, opening it and stepping onto the catwalk above the arena.  Good thing I didn't make any promises.

Aphamos raised his pistols, taking a good look at his surroundings as a scream erupted below him.  Dammit Darr, hang on.  Aphamos didn't look down, a feeling inside of him telling him that it was best not to.  He looked across the catwalk and saw another stormtrooper in full armor.  The trooper was gazing down at the fight, and from Aphamos's perspective, thinking of a plan.  Who the hell is this guy?  The lone trooper slowly tilted his head toward Aphamos, staring at him for a moment that seemed as if it had lasted an eternity, and then looked back at the arena.

Aphamos looked at the arena now, searching for his target.  There's the fatty.  He stared hard at Garra the Hutt, for he had never seen a Hutt from this close before.  I think that him and I should have a little talk with one another.  Aphamos looked at the catwalk, finding the shortest and least guarded path to Garra.

Aphamos now couldn't help but think of the advice that Rogueboy had given him.  Just don't get yourself killed.

-----------------------
Raiders

[This message has been edited by Aphamos (edited April 30, 2007 10:06:56 PM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

Post Number:  1278
May 1, 2007 7:45:43 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Perfect& Darr-Rann thought to himself as the gladiators circled him to either side, attempting to flank him. The squad leader had been in enough fights to know it was a really bad idea to let that happen.

"Hey, bastard!" He said to the man on the right, picking up the sword of the already-slain opponent. "Catch this" He tossed the sword blade first towards the man. The gladiator parried, but it gave Darr-Rann time to sidestep to his right and position himself so that they were in a line in front of him. He stepped forward, stabbing towards his opponent's gut.

The man twisted to the side, saving him from being ran through - However, the blade still crossed flesh and left a painful looking cut across his side. Darr-Rann continued forward and pressed the powered blade into the wound, and he felt it severing through bone and flesh. The man screamed out in pain and pulled away from the blade, leaving a trail of blood in his wake. The man coughed, expelling more of it - His insides were like severely damaged after the event, but somehow the gladiator stood.

By this time the other had advanced, and Darr-Rann saw he was holding the sword he had thrown just a few moments ago. One blade was held close to the man's body like a shield, while the other was extended in front of him.

Darr-Rann parried the first blow quickly, backpedaling. The wounded man fell back and let his accomplice take over. Blades flashed as a flurry of cuts bombarded the squad leader, who only barely managed to fend them off.

Screw it. Darr-Rann thought. He swung his sword horizontally with both hands, the powerful sweep jarring the man's right blade out of his hand and into the sand. Darr-Rann was awarded with a jab, which glanced off of the plastoid plate over his bicep and into the pouldron. Darr-Rann felt the edge of the blade cut across the top of his shoulder, leaving a stinging wound.

He pressed on, lowering his shoulder to avoid further damage from his enemy's blade and bringing the point of his sword to the man's chest from the right, which was now unguarded, and thrust. The powered weapon sliced through the thin leather cuirass, severing a few organs and the spinal cord before emerging through the back.

The squad leader gritted his teeth and withdrew the blade, and the man slumped to the ground, slain. His victory was short lived though, as he felt a surge of pain crawl across his back from lower-left to upper-right  The wounded gladiator had snuck around to flank him during the fight, and stabbed at him as soon as his partner had fallen. The man's stab deflected off of the plastoid before biting, running over Darr-Rann's back and biting deep enough to pierce flesh. Darr-Rann swore and span around, when the man kicked him in the chest. Darr-Rann landed on his back, his head hitting the sand hard. He crawled backward and to his feet.

His opponent winced and held his side, having apparently worsened his wound during the kick. Darr-Rann took a few quick steps forward and flicked his blade at the man's neck. The parry was too slow, and his target's head hit the ground with a thump, followed a moment later by the rest of the body.

Darr-Rann held his blade loosely and breathed heavily, feeling the blood seeping from his wounds. He didn't think he could take much more.

As if Garra had read his mind, the slug waved his hand once more. "Very good, stormtrooper. I'm sorry to tell you that time is up, however. Now you die."

Both entrances opened, and men filed out. Eight in all, armed with swords, stood in a circle around the wounded soldier. Few times had Darr-Rann ever sworn as much as he did then.

Come on guys. Now would be a very good time to drop by.

-----------------------
Raiders
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  943
May 1, 2007 10:56:24 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
    The squad was moving towards the location of the arena. Or I hope it's the arena Rogue thought as he lead the squad through the barren halls of this hellhole. What else could go wrong? Rogue thought to himself as the squad approached the door, Rogue kicked open the door and stared out.

Time seemed to stand still as memories were brought back of arenas long since passed. Insider the arena there was an upraised dais where Garra the Hutt was seated around him was his entourage and bodyguards. There were a few seats under the dais where at least fifty spectators were seated most likely all gamblers. The arena reeked of blood and feces, the smell was all too familiar to Rogueboy and he would never mistaken it for anything else. On the sandy battlegrounds a wounded Darr stood; blood seeping from a gash in his shoulder and running down his armour to touch the unquenchable sand.

Reality seemed to slowly re-acquaint itself with Rogueboy as the squad seemed to walk past him firing bolts at the guards who were not five feet away and whose task it was to guard the door yet Rogue found himself unable to move. While he should of expected to find some kind of arena the thought never occurred to him while he searched for his objectives. An angry red object was heading it's way over and the ASL could only stare at it in mute fascination as it grew in size as it made it's way closer and closer.

The bolt hit Rogue in the abdomen piercing through his plastoid belly protector and charring his flesh as he flew back and landed on the duracrete floor. Rogue tried to rise but felt he did not have the strength to even lift his arm. So this is what it's like to get shot? I expected more pain. The acting Squad Leader said to himself as he pressed a hand to his stomach and withdrew it; the white palm guard was covered in blood.

"Rogue's down!" He heard someone faintly yell out as his eyelids grew heavy and he was trying hard not to fall asleep, he didn't want to offend the battle.

Someone pulled up alongside him plastoid knee guards scraping the duracrete flooring. The person's face seemed unfamiliar, probably one of the new recruits.

"You've just been hit." Tal said as he opened his medical pouch and began rummaging through it. "Your armour has cracked and there are fragments imbedded in you, the wound has cauterized. I am going to open you up and take them out, your currently in shock I can't give you anything to relax you because it will lower your heartbeat too much, I need you to try to stay awake."

Tal went to work; using a scalpel he opened the wound and using tweezers he began picking out pieces of plastic that liquidated when hit but solidified upon entry into the bloodstream. Meanwhile a battle raged on not five feet from where they lay and Rogue's mind seemed to fade out, as he was unable to stay conscious from the exhaustion and the pain.

"Corporal Tal to LAATi."

"We have you on a secure channel, what is your identity code?"

"C26C57C"

"Clearance accepted."

"Requesting Medevac, Sergeant Rogueboy has been hit pretty badly he is unconscious and may require a bacta tube, awaiting confirmation." There was a few seconds pause.

"Request granted, I will be dropping Senior Sergeant Aeos to assist in the recovery of the operatives, and will be picking up Sergeant Rogueboy to drop him off at the nearest medical center, bring him to the entrance point to Garra's pleasure palace for extraction. LAATi out." The Comlink connection ended.

"Leon!" Tal yelled as the trooper ran over as fast as he could. "I need you to carry Rogue to where we first entered. Try not to shake him too much it might kill him." With that said Tal re-entered the battle.

Leon looked at Rogue's sprawled body and wondered how he was going to manage it without killing him, he picked up one arm and slung him over on his shoulder.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
Heavy Weapons Specialist
Clearly Canadian!

Darr-Rann
ComNet Veteran

Darr-Rann

Post Number:  1279
May 2, 2007 7:15:53 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann sat at the dinner table, reading over the extended details. On the table was a package given to him by VEI  They called in an "emergency tracker", to boost their signal when they were underground in the bunker, so that they could keep in contact with the ship.

Darr-Rann didn't notice Dawn enter the room, a package of fast food in hand. "Your shipping out already?" She said, sitting down at the other end of the table and setting the food down. He jumped, startled, then answered.

"Yeah. Some VEI lieutenant approached me about an emergency mission. Rescue op." He said, setting down the package. He nodded his thanks as Dawn handed him his lunch.

"You just got back from that brewery raid  Which is still on the holonet news by the way. Couldn't you have asked them to find another squad for the job?" Dawn said, her eyes drifting to the datapad sitting on the table.

"Why?" He asked, popping a few fries into his mouth and picking up the PDA computer once more. Dawn sighed and shook her head. He took a moment to register this, and reacted quickly. "I know it cuts our time together before your next mission a bit short, but Raiders looks like the perfect squad at the job. If we don't get this done it could be a serious threat to the Vast Empire's intelligence networks."

Dawn was silent for a few moments, and Darr-Rann started to become absorbed once more in his work.  Then she spoke. "Are you doing these because of Evani? Because of her death?" Darr-Rann stiffened for a moment. "I know you and her were close, but you can't let yourself do this. Your become more distant, spending all of your times preparing for missions or working as an ACoT. We hardly see eachother anymore. What if you got killed in mission? What if I got killed? I don't want to look back and remember that our last times together were eating lunch together while you go blind staring at that thing."

The squad leader sighed, and shut down the datapad. Maybe he was isolating himself. Ever since Evi had died, he had been much more focused on his work, and combined with Dawn's timetable he hardly saw her anymore. "I'm sorry, your right. I wont allow myself to become a human battledroid."

"Thanks." She said. He looked at the time  Fourty minutes until launch  he had to go. He told her as much, heading over to the coat rack and selecting his jacket. He walked back over to her and gave her a goodbye kiss, before heading out into the hall and towards the door, just before he got there, he heard her approach.

"Be careful." She said, giving him another kiss. "For me."

Darr-Rann nodded, "I will." He began to open the door, when she said something else.

"I love you."

He was stunned for a moment. He knew he loved her, but for some reason they had never spoken the words. Darr-Rann hadn't said them since the last time he had spoken to Sarah...

He paused for a second, then spoke. "I love you too."

Darr-Rann swayed on his feet, blood hitting the sand of the Arena floor. The eight gladiators stood around him, menacing him with their swords and tormenting him with light jabs. He was felt everythign getting a bit blurry around him, and he caught himself slipping off into unconsciousness. He shook his head and tried to steady himself.

He thought about Dawn, and their last exchange. He had to live, for her. Mustering his remaining strength, he raised his blade and charged forward.

-----------------------
Raiders
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"

Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Raiders: Negotiations Gone Sour  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:00:49 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 99  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >