Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The Gauntlet on Nkllon (Eclipse, NightStalkers)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  The Gauntlet on Nkllon (Eclipse, NightStalkers)
Riqimo
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  349
Total Posts:  2382
  RE: The Gauntlet on Nkllon (Eclipse, NightStalkers
February 18, 2007 11:57:00 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
One of the POWS, a tall man with strait chestnut brown hair, just picked up a gun, from the dead trooper RK and Riq just took care of, "I'm former bodyguard to these scientists, I'm ready to get some payback on these Thrawn boys."

"Scientists?  Well we can talk later, right now we got 25 minutes to get the hell out of this base before the sun rises," Riqimo motioned the way to the hanger, "Will, Bright and Jag, you stay behind the POWS, RK you are on the right, Wicket on the left, Mk, you are up front with me.  Let's get this wagon train home."

----About five minutes later----

Riqimo was crouched behind a crate scanning the hanger bay, Let's see here, we got 20 minutes and we need to secure this hanger bay with three squads and a whole bunch of Techs, wonderful... and Garet is still back on his self assigned mission.

Riqimo called Jag up on the secure comm channel, "Yeah Doc?"

"I nee you to use your ESPO to hit those ammo stores over there, that should get two squads out of the way, the rest of you focus fire will focus fire on the other squad near the control room stairs.  Any questions?"

The channel was silent and Riq gave the signal for Jag to fire the grenade, as soon as the explosion happened, he used the crate for cover and started firing at the other squad.  The bodyguard came up beside him, firing well aimed shots at some of the techs running for the exit.  His contributions to the squad were short-lived though as he took a shot to the head.

After some quick shots that finished off the remaining enemies, Riqimo kneeled over the bodyguard and checked his vitals, "He's dead, Jag and RK, get him on the ship, I am not leaving him here to be cooked,"

Wicket piped in a question, "Can't we take up position here and move out the next time Nomad City passes over?"

"Uh no, I wish we could, but remember that nice entry we had?  The big hole?  Well let's just say when the sun rises, anyone and everything here is going to be either molten metal or ash.  So everyone, that's our escape, get on it and I'll radio Garet."

The squad helped the remaining POWS, all scientists into the ship and Jag and RK lifted the bodyguard and placed him in the cargo bay area.  Meanwhile Riqimo was chatting with Garet and the other POW that he had found over the comm channel.  Ice?  Heh, ice has to be worth more than gold per kilogram on this planet.

Seeing that Garet was on his way, with 15 minutes to go, Riqimo headed for the POWS to check on them.

"Hey, why did they send just you guys?  Why not a whole platoon?" a man, just above Riqimo's height asked as he pulled his silky, ivory hair out of his eyes.

"Sorry that all I could do was save you," Riqimo sarcastically snapped, "You guys scientists?"
"They are, I'm a tech, name is Lopez," the woman of the group replied, her fiery magenta eyes staring strait down at Riqimo.
"Ah well, you want to start the ship then?  I'm afraid none of us have any experience with this sort of vehicle, well... except our squad leader..."  Riqimo flashed a grin, "He could use a little more practice.  So why were they keeping scientists here?"
The tallest member of the group stepped forward, obviously the leader of the group, "We were sent here to study for a new weapon, using Simple Polonium Stabilization."
Riqimo cut him off, "Simple Polonium Stabilization?  As in using Thermodynamic Adhesion to create a plasma-like solution of Polonia?"
"That method was inefficient, we were studying the process of Vorticular Valence Fusion to create it with much success," another scientist replied, his burnished iron eyes lighting up at being able to have an intellectual discussion.

Riqimo and the scientists began discussing the research, while the Eclipse squad mates exchanged some glances at seeing their medic this way, obviously not thinking him as the scientific type.

At this time Lopez called out from the cockpit, "I think I have it, we are ready as soon as you open the hanger doors."  Riqimo slapped his head, the doors, how could he be so stupid?  Running out he ran up the steps to the control room, only four minutes left and Garet still had not arrived...  In the control room Riqimo was facing a complex control panel... Oh shoot... which button?  There has to be a set of instructions around here somewhere...  After some frantic paper shuffling an one minute, Riqimo found a sheet titled "Lift-off Procedures"  Riqqy rapidly read through it for the hanger door instructions and followed them rapidly, pushing buttons and flipping switches.  As the heavy doors started to grind open slowly, he was rapidly making his way back to the ship, seeing Garet and another man coming from the hallway, both firing behind themselves while rushing to the ship.  Riqimo glanced at the time, twenty five seconds, This is gonna be a close one.

Garet closed the door while Riqimo called over to Lopez to start the takeoff, as he got his medkit out to help the new guy, Jakierth he learned.  The man had clearly been through some rough torture and had some high radiation levels, which Riqimo countered with a shot of an anti-radiation treatment.

Lopez came on the intercom, "Ladies and Gents, we are starting our engines, please be warned this is a ancient craft so any praying will be appreciated."  The ship was airborne now and racing towards Nomad city at it's top speed, which Riqimo discovered to be slower than the rays of light coming after them...  He ran up to the cockpit, "Lopez, we have to go faster, can you over run the engines or something?"  His response was a simple off topic answer, "Gee it's hot in here."  Oh great she has radiation sickness already... where's my medkit, oh wait I left it with Jak.  All of the sudden Lopez stopped piloting, due to the radiation affecting her brain, and caused the ship to lurch a little then dive to the surface.  Riqimo pushed Lopez to the floor, and put the ship back into a stable flight, at this time Garet came over and took over, while Riq hurried to find his medkit.

Where is it?  Oh great, everything is scattered,   "Everyone, find the red vials, they have the anti-radiation treatment, otherwise we might die here," Riqimo shouted to the squad, who were the only ones not suffering any symptoms of radiation sickness, apparently due to their armor and the special coating that was applied prior to the mission.  No one was able to find any of the medication, then Garet called out, "We are making a crash landing on Nomad City in three minutes, brace yourselves."

The scientists and Lopez were too close to death to save now, only Jak, a former Night Stalkers member from what Riq had heard, had any chance of surviving due to getting the anti-radiation treatment earlier.

After strapping Jak in, Riqimo did the same himself and started praying, something he rarely did anymore...

----------------------------------
(OOC - Finally out of the blasted base.    Here is our current status - We have Jak with us and will group up with the Night Stalkers.  We are still seperate, so your job is to get us with them while the city is in a state of panic.  And yes we are still in Imperial armor except for Jak obviously.)

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw
EclipseSquad
ASL/CPL Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Imperial Baronet

George: Oh, sir, just one thing - if we should happen to tread on a mine, what do we do?
Blackadder: Well, normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet into the air and scatter yourself over a wide area.
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited February 20, 2007 12:04:52 AM)]
Jakireth
ComNet Veteran

Jakireth

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1240
Total Posts:  1356
February 19, 2007 10:09:25 AM    View the profile of Jakireth 
[OOC: Lets make this interesting, folks...]

"Uhhhh...did someone say, 'crash landing'?" Jakireth chimed into the somewhat jumbled mix of dialogue, "If anyone didn't notice, most of us here have just narrowly escaped with our lives, more notably of course, me. Let us not crumple into an oversized, fiery, tin-can."

The man who was apparently recognized as 'Doc' sighed briefly as he fumbled with medical equipment, whilst many of the squad members sat and tended to the shaken captives. It was also quite convenient that someone took advantage of the momentary unconciousness the anti-rad injection caused to strap him into a chair.

The Sergeant didn't appreciate his immobility.

"Damned seatbelts! Someone untie me..." He paused, scanning the cabin. He finally settled on a trooper simply staring at the ceiling, eyes closed. After a few segments of grunts and loud swears, the back-in-action soldier was placing himself in the somewhat smaller (but slightly more elevated) mine-spotter's chair.

"Distance?" He asked Garet, after quickly adjusting the craft's faded displays. They hadn't had a chance to input flight coordinates, so they were basically useless.

The squad leader kept his gaze forward with a tilt of his head; Nomad city wasn't within sight.

"Can't tell," He said, replying after a few head calculations, "Its difficult to keep a steady measure, damn place is moving."

He waited some time, trying to come up with an answer before asking:

"Get me an ETA?" The request was met with a nod.

Garet raised an eyebrow in attempt to remember the city's transponder codes, "Dial in... 57.395.771..."

"Two more, Gunny," Jakireth pushed.

"Eh... .41, that's it."

The Sergeant hastily punched all the given numbers into the ancient workings of the mining vessel. The central processor ran noisily, trying to compute correctly.

It was at that moment, however, that the sun came racing over the horizon. Nothing in it's path to block the hellish rays, heat blasted along the surface, almost gathering speed as it caught a glance of the lonely ship.

"Sirs!" Doc yelled into the cockpit, "You can't be killing the engines like that, we're feeling the heat back here!"

"It's not us," Jakireth shot back, "We're falling into the sun..."

Garet put all effort into the throttle, nudging his partner with a rough elbow:

"Get me some numbers?"

Jakireth looked down, forgetting about their initial quest, "Shit," he managed under his own breath.

"You don't want to know..."

Garet attempted a laugh, "Of course of do, I know it's under 5 minutes, I just want an approximate."

"No...no it isn't."

"What?"

"They must have moved the platform. I'm getting upwards of 20."

Garet swore, slamming a fist onto the console, "The hull can't take the sun for that long, at least, not with us inside."

He was right, already the craft was becoming extremely warm, and the tax on the engines would only increase in high heat. The radiation dampers were already moving on maximum, and Garet just slammed the throttle.

Jakireth grabbed up a silver canister of flame supressor (a testament to the vessel's age), undoing the pin and tossing it into the cabin. Whisps of invisible coolant ran about the people inside, in unison with the shrieks and jumps. The piloting SL chuckled in approval.

"What else can we do, Garet?" Jakireth shrugged, motioning to the speed readout, "What's that old thing about pedals, and metal?"

-----------------------
NightStalkers
Army of the Vast Empire
------------------------
SL/SGT Jakireth/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA[LoR]
Rep/Reporter Jakireth/NewsRep: 2/News Division/VET/VE
AlanRJ
ComNet Novice

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  89
Total Posts:  1795
February 19, 2007 3:50:11 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Crouching behind a large metal barrel, Alan could feel the multiple blaster bolts bouncing off it.  At one point the barrel shifted and Alan clutched it swearing inwardly and thinking to himself don't you dare go anywhere.  For now he was on his own, he knew that Kantar was trying to find a better vantage point and that the rest of his team was trying to get to him but right at this very point in time he was alone and facing a possible death.

Snap out of it thought Alan to himself as he contemplated his position.  Who wants to live forever he thought as he sprung up and let off a few blaster bolts before ducking back down.  Immediately the barrel was struck repeatedly. shifting slightly which always concerned Alan.  'Ok, so maybe I do want to live forever' he murmured to himself as he repositioned the barrel.

A voice sounded throughout the facility, "give yourself up you Imperial scum, you do not stand a chance against the might of the New Republic Army".

Oh great thought Alan, let's resort to name calling.

"I suggest you lay down your weapons you, you, Rebel swine, and surrender" replied Alan, "you can't possibly expect to win, can you".  Rebel swine thought Alan to himself surely I can think of something better than that

Alan heard several of the men laughing.  "Oh you're funny" replied the man, "you should be a comedian, if of course, you survive".  With that the barrel shuddered as several more blaster bolts resounded off it.

'Let's try not to upset these trigger happy buffoons further' murmured Alan.  Leaning back against the barrel he thought to himself Where the hell is the Eclipse squad, what can possibly be taking so long.  This place is getting hotter than outside and that's saying something

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL AlanRJ/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Kantar Selldar
ComNet Novice
Imperial Sentinel

Kantar Selldar

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  40
Total Posts:  100
February 19, 2007 9:18:05 PM    View the profile of Kantar Selldar 
Kantar hurried to his new vantage point, setting up his rifle, he peered through his scope towards Alan's last known position. What he saw, unnerved him slightly. He saw a team of Rebels had Alan pinned down behind some debris.

"Alan, I've got eyes on. Tanus and Lucky are almost there, when they get there, give me the signal, and I'll help soften them up for you three.

"Roger, I hope those two get here quick", Alan responded.

Almost immediately after Alan finished his statement, Tanus chirped over his comlink, "Kantar, can you see where we are at?"

"Indeed I can Private, I have eyes on you, Alan, and Lucky. You guys ready?"

"Affirmative", replied Tanus.
"Yes", answered Lucky.
"Do I really have to answer that Kantar, just get me the hell out of here", Alan responded.

"Roger that", Kantar said, "Wait until my shot, and open fire."

Kantar set his sights on the Rebel that seemed to be barking orders out to the rest, taking a deep breath, gantly placing his finger on the trigger, and gently squeezing the tirgger, seeing nothing put fine, pink mist where his targets head used to be.

"GO!", Alan yelled over the commlink, rolling out from behind his cover, leveling his weapon at the now disorganized group of rebels.

((OOC: I'll leave this part to either Alan, Tanus, or Lucky :P))

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL Kantar Seldar/1SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

It's a Good Day to die in the Empire's name, but it's also a better day to kill in the name of the Empire.
Wicket
ComNet n00b

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  9
Total Posts:  378
February 20, 2007 2:11:20 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
The squad had been waiting on the ship now for a while. Apparently they were waiting for Garet to get back from a task that he was doing. Wicket decided that he might have got lost and wanted to go search for him. After all, Garet was the SL and what would the squad do without him. Wicket headed towards the exit ramp when Bright stopped him. "Where are you going?" Brightstar asked.

"Well," Wicket replied, "I wanted to go look for Garet, to make sure he is ok."

"That's not a good idea. What if he gets back while you're out looking for him. Then someone will have to go look for you, and then you get back without that person knowing, then someone has to go look for them. You get my drift? So I don't think that's a good idea." Bright said

"Oh c'mon, if he wants to go let him go." Jag added from behind. Jag would have liked Wicket to be lost.

"I think I like Brights idea. So i think I'll stay."

Wicket went back and found a place to sit down on. He then saw Doc leave off the ship. Maybe Doc had the same idea to go find Garet. He was beginning to wonder if they were ever going to leave.

Garet had finally made his way to the ship. Along side him was a new face. "Hmmm must have been another POW or something." Wicket thought to himself.

All of a sudden he heard a lady's voice on the intercom. He thought to himself, "Who is that? I've never heard that voice before." He headed towards RK. "Hey, do you know who that lady is?"

RK responded, "Oh I think she is a ...I mean was a POW. I think they were having trouble getting the ship started, so she said she could help."

"Ok. I just wasn't sure. I was thinking that maybe we had been ambushed or something." Wicket said. "Well as long as we're safe."

After a few seconds past, he realized that the lady had said to say some prayers. That could only mean that this may not be a safe trip. He was too busy worrying about who it was and he didn't realize what she had said. Wicket, not being the bravest of the squad, started to panic. He ran around like a maniac. Jag was amused to say the least. But it was getting annoying, so Jag went over and hit Wicket. Wicket stopped due to pain or maybe due to the fact that he looked like a fool being the only one panicking. A few moments passed when the ship started to move. "Thank god." Wicket had said.

Wicket was wondering how many minutes this would take. He figured if it was long enough he might take a nap. The ship started shaking due to its old age. Wicket grasped on to a pole that was nearby. He was grasping so tight that the veins in his neck were popping out. All of a sudden the heat started to rise. Wicket yelled over to Doc, "Can you tell them to stop working the engine so much?"

"You can't be killing the engines like that, we're feeling the heat back here!" Doc yelled.

"What do you call this place again...the surface of the sun!" Wicket joked.

Jak, the person that Wicket had not taking the chance to get to know said, "Well, pretty much since that's where we are headed."

"What! Oh my god!" Wicket yelled. He began to panic a second time. Of course Jag was nearby and decided it would be funny to trip Wicket this time. Jag stuck his leg out and Wicket tripped and fell into some boxes in front of him. Wicket was beginning to think that maybe he should stay calm.

While Wicket was getting up he glanced down and saw a red vile. "Oh what is this?" He thought to his self. "Maybe Doc might know." Wicket headed over to Doc with the vile.

"Doc, Jag tripped me and while I was getting up I found this and thought you might know what it is. So, do you know what it is." Wicket asked.

"Do you not listen jeeze. This is the anti radiation treatment that I told you guys to find. Well thanks." Doc responded.

"When did you ask. I didn't hear you. Oh well. Well there it is so now you have it." Wicket replied.

Wicket didn't feel like getting hit anymore and he also didn't feel like helping out with anything so he went and sat down by RK, who had not abused him so far. "So, what do we do now. Wait? or did Garet give us orders that I did not hear." Wicket said.
Brightstar
ComNet Novice

Brightstar

Post Number:  44
Total Posts:  710
February 21, 2007 12:39:22 AM    View the profile of Brightstar 
On board the ancient miner

Once again Brightstar was waiting. This time she and the rest of the squad was waiting for Garet. She fervently hoped he wouldn't take too much longer as the sun was rising and rising fast.

Brightstar glanced at the other members of her squad with a deep sence of unease. This was her first mission with these men, and she didn't want it to be the last. She had begun to feel a kinship with these men. She knew that she count on them to be there with a helping hand and a blaster if need be. They were ready to watch each others backs, even those of the new recruits. She smiled a small smile. Even little Wicket could be counted on to be there, despite his being not the bravest.

Blinking behind her helmet, Bright took a good look at everyone, envisioning their faces and fixing them in her memory. These may very well be the last people she ever sees. All she could do now was hope that they would all come out of this one alive. She took a deep, calming breath that she continued to hold untill she looked at her chronometer, after which she let it out in a hissing rush. She glanced up at the landing ramp of the craft they had all boarded as they waited for Garet.

This isn't going to end well at all. Brightstar thought silently nodding. This is a fact.

Mentally, Bright fixed the names of the POWs in her mind. She couldn't help but feel that these men and women would not survive long. Indeed one of them was already dead, having been killed in the fight for the escape vehicle, his name was George Stancil. The woman in the pilot's seat was Lopez, the two men that Brightstar had rescued were brothers and both scientists Axel and Alexander Treser. The two that had been let out of their cells by RK were Lopez herself and a young woman no older than Brightstar, her name was Murai Samura. She's too young! Brightstar thought defiantely.

Finally Garet appeared with another man. The new man was practically shirtless with red skin where he had obviously been burned. Brightstar watched as Riqimo began to treat the man, Jakireth, was what Garet had called him.

With Garet's arrival they could finally blow this joint and get the hell off of this force forsaken rock. But Brightstar's initial joy was drained away when she heard the voice over the Intercom.

"Ladies and Gents, we are starting our engines, please be warned this is a ancient craft so any praying will be appreciated." Even as the woman spoke Bright could feel the ancient and shuddering craft racing over the molten surface of Nkllon. Dismay clutched at the former Dathomiri warrior as she realized that the craft wasn't fast enough.

The rest of the events flew in a blur. All Bright could really remember was the feeling of the heat rising and the refreshing feel of the can of coolant that Jak had thrown into the cabin. She silently thanked him and began to do what she had noticed Riqimo doing earlier: Praying.

------------Aproximately 20 minutes later. Site of the Crash landing made by Garet.---------------

Brightstar let a groan escape her parched throat. Not moments ago they had made a crash landing on the moving Nomad City, barely. She did have to admit Garet had pushed the escape craft to it fullest potential and beyond to get them here.

As she thought, Brightstar managed to sit up and realized with a rush of breath that she was not in the miner that she had been in moments earlier. She got up shakily and took a few seconds to orient herself  as she made her way the few yards back to  the craft. The front view port was shattered and the hull looked as if it had been hit by several mini astroids.  She looked around for the rest of Eclipse squad and found Garet and Jak helping those that had not been thrown through front view port, out of the damaged craft.

Shaking her head to clear it, Brightstar offered to take Jak's spot. He looked as though he could use a sit down. Jak nodded and sat hard on the ground and put his head in his hands.  Bright stuck her arm into the breach and pulled the next person out.

After everyone was free of the damaged miner, It was MkVenner that broke the silence. "We're not just going to leave them, are we?"

Brightstar gave Garet a look, and then decided that if she was going to be a part of this squad she might as well tell them what she thought. "I don't think we have the strength to carry five dead people back to the ship. And we still have to meet up with the Nightstalkers."

"Bright's right. I certainly know I can't drag a dead person on my back right now. Besides it would draw too much attention to us, attention we can't afford." RK chimed in.

Brightstar stared around at everyone as they awaited Garet's decision.

"Leave them." Garet said heavily as his shoulders slumped "Lets find Kairo and the Nightstalkers quickly. This crash will draw attention."

-----------------------
Eclipse Squad

TRP/PFC Brightstar D'Jonoc/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Brightstar (edited February 21, 2007 12:49:30 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Novice

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  92
February 21, 2007 2:22:51 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Everyone was in place as Alan levelled his weapon at the now disorganised group of rebels.  Just as he was about to open fire, a large explosion was heard and the facility shook.  Red lights started flashing and an alarm klaxon pierced the quiet.  'What the devil was that' muttered Alan.  The rebels looked around bewildered and started running out of the facility.

Alan's comlink chimed and Kantar's voice came out, "do we pursue?" he queried.

"No" replied Alan, "leave them.  Do you have any idea what the hell is going on?"

"No idea whatsoever" replied Kantar.

Kairo's voice came through the comlink "Alan, get your squad over to the entrance of the facility, we will meet you there"

"Roger that sir, do you have any idea what these alarms are all about?" queried Alan.

Kairo replied "We intercepted a communication between the rebel's, apparently a vessel has crashed on the roof of the city"

Alan interrupted by saying "the miner?"

Kairo replied "That's what I'm assuming.  It's time to leave and meet back with the Eclipse squad"

"Roger that sir" replied Alan, "Kantar, Tanus, Lucky, let's get out from the structure and to the entrance of this facility and meet up with Kairo's squad.

Alan was met with various confirmations and they were soon moving swiftly out to the entrance where they were met with Kairo and his squad.  The alarm bells had finally stopped but the red lights were still flashing.

"We believe that the rebel army has been dispatched to find out what has happened, we need to get back to the ship and to hook up with the Eclipse squad, and offer assistance should they run into trouble, questions?" asked Kairo.  No-one answered so he said "let's move out".

The Nightstalker's moved steadily through the city, weapons by their sides but primed and ready for action should the need arise.  It seemed like the alarms had frightened everybody and now it looked like the city was deserted. 

They soon arrived at the hangar bay.  The doors slid open and there was the freighter.  Finally thought Alan we will get off this godforsaken planet.  However, they were not alone. 

At the entrance to the freighter stood the Eclipse squad with the remaining POW's.  Some looking worse for their experience than others.  Surrounding them was a large contingent of rebel soldiers.  It looked like Eclipse had made it back just to be stopped at the final hurdle.  The rebels seemed to be too busy with dealing with the Eclipse squad and they had not noticed the entrance of the Nightstalkers.  Alan scanned the POW's and was surprised to see how many there were I thought there would have been more than this he thought.  Suddenly someone caught his eye, he looked at him further and suddenly it dawned on him 'Jakireth' he whispered under his breath.  Before he could have time to take in all that was before him Kairo barked the order that would unleash all hell within this city.

"Nightstalkers, attack!" barked Kairo, even though the command was a mute point as by this time everyone in the squad had levelled their weapons at the rebels and had opened fire.  The rebels were in disarray as the Nightstalkers bore down on them.  Seizing the distraction, Eclipse grabbed their weapons from the floor and returned fire also.

(OOC: As requested, 500 word story addition with storyline progressed)

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited February 21, 2007 2:23:19 PM)]
[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited February 21, 2007 2:24:50 PM)]
[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited February 21, 2007 2:25:51 PM)]
[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited February 21, 2007 2:30:33 PM)]
Tanus Solvona
ComNet n00b

Tanus Solvona

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  744
February 21, 2007 8:29:19 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
[OOC: Yes, I know, I'm back early. An emergency came up. so I came home.]

Tanus peered around a corner and saw New Republic soldiers firing at some members of his own squad. "So, kiddies, you feel like playing? I have a game. It's called 'find the grenade.'" Tanus took one of his grenades and tossed it. Three seconds later, an explosion of a thermal det blasted the troopers into oblivion. Tanus charged foward and slid behind a crate just as some New Republic troopers began to fire. "Fierfek, I can't get rid of them all..." Tanus thought. The, Alan appeared, rifle blazing, dropping the troopers like flies. Tanus stood up and fired his own weapon, lighting the buildings and the sky with red light.

Tanus walked over to Alan. "Nice of you to show up."

"Shut up, Private. You're lucky I showed up at all. C'mon, lets move these Rebels out before we need body bags."

Tanus nodded and checked his own weapon to make sure it had sufficient charge and marched foward. Alan motioned foward to a Rebel laying covering fire against members of Eclipse squad. Tanus crouched down and walked to the Rebel with his back turned. Tanus drew his knife and stabbed him in the kidneys. "Better watch your back," Tanus said. As he said that, a blaster bolt struck him in the leg. Tanus shouted and fell to the ground, holding his leg in pain. Then he heard chuckling, and saw a Rebel walking toward him. "Better watch your own next time boy." Tanus looked up at him, grinding his teeth.

"Aw, whats wrong, is the little boy helpless?"

The Rebel leveled the blaster rifle to Tanus' head; Tanus silently drew his pistol and angled it up. He pulled the trigger, shooting the man in the throat. Tanus managed to get up, propping himself up against a wall and grabbed his rifle. "Yeah, I'm real damn helpless," Tanus said, as he limped back to a wall. He opened a comm link to Kairo "Kairo, I've been hit. Requesting medical assistance. I'll give you my coordinates now." Tanus pressed a little button and heard a beep. Then he sat back, and wathced hell open up around him.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Tanus Solvona /3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Luckystar
ComNet n00b

Luckystar

Post Number:  13
Total Posts:  3440
February 23, 2007 8:11:22 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky was near Kairo and Tanus. She was exactly rght where she wanted to be. Right in the middle where she coulld concentrate on things she saw in front of her and things she heard behind her. She assumed that Alan and Kairo would cover her sides as she has no peripheral vision.

When she heard Tanus say he was hit over the comlink she asked Kairo if she could go help them. Uncertain if he should let her go Kairo looked uncertain but finally agreed. 'Stay with him until the medics arrive" he ordered her. She nodded but did not say anything. She gave the scene in front of her  a quick look before jogging over to Tanus's location.

"Where you hurt?"

"In the center of my right shin as can be seen, presently."

"Sorry" Lucky muttered. "Just making sure you;re not hurt anywhere else."

"S'all right, I understand."

"Ok, I'll stay here 'till the medics arrive. Can you cover my back and my right side and i'll cover us in front and on the left."

"Sounds good to me" Tanus replied.

Lucky cocked her head a little in the direction of the firefight. *Sounds like they're having fun over there*  In her HUD she could clearly see the friendlies from the foes. She was suddenlu glad her suit had some modifications in it to suit her needs.  She suddenly detected movement on her left, she turned her head to look at what it was and to her complete surprise and horror she saw a pack of rebels running towards them.
*Oh, God!* she thought. "Tanus we're being ambushed!" she shouted before starting a firing frenzy.

-----------------------
BRING IT ON!!!!!!!
Tanus Solvona
ComNet n00b

Tanus Solvona

Post Number:  15
Total Posts:  744
February 24, 2007 5:26:42 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus ' eyes went wide when he heard Lucky's revelation of New Republic troops moving towards them. "Figures, they always come when I'm bloody injured," Tanus thought. He looked around to see if there was anything he could use to his advantage; the he saw it: A gas line running alongside the building the Rebels were using for cover. He looked up at Lucky, with her rifle blazing. It was then that he called to her.

"Lucky, move to that canister on the other side of the plaza!"

"But," Lucky said, "Kairo said-"

"I don't care what Kairo. GO!"

As Lucky ran across the plaza, the Rebels didn't fire on her; they kept hammering Tanus. "Sithspawn," Tanus swore under his breath. Lucky rushed back to his side with her rifle lighting up the night sky.

"Got any other bright ideas?" she asked, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Yes, I do. But you're gonna have to listen to me when I tell you to get down."

Lucky nodded and continued firing. Tanus took out his pistol and started firing in various directions, hoping to get a solid hit. One he knew hit its mark, because he heard a scream and the falling of a body. He then took out a clip of explosive rounds and loaded them into his pistol. He turned on his laser sight and got the gas line in sight.

"Lucky, down. NOW!"

Lucky got down behind the barrels they were using for cover, and Tanus fired his shot. When that happened, everything seemed to slow down. Then the gas pipe exploded in a ball of red flame, engulfing the troops in fire and sending them to the demise. However, quite a bit of damage was done to the bulidings around it, sending shrapnel into the air. Tanus shielded himself behind a small parapet of stone and looked up and over after the raining metal had ceased. Tanus looked over at Lucky and said, "oh, how I love fireworks."

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Tanus Solvona /3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
AlanRJ
ComNet Novice

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  97
February 24, 2007 6:18:08 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Damn kid thought  Alan to himself as he watched him charging towards  a group of Rebels. 'Don't get yourself killed' he muttered.

Alan heard over the com that Tanus had been injured and was about to go to his aid when he heard Kairo barking at him to lay down covering fire.

"Sir, Tanus has been injured, request permission to assist" said Alan.

"Request denied" replied Kairo, "besides which, Lucky is there now assisting Tanus".

"Lucky" replied Alan, "Sir they're both kids"

"That's enough Corporal, as you can see, we have our hands full".

They'd better be fine thought Alan as blaster bolts flew round them.

"It's time to get out of here!" barked Kairo, "Eclipse squad, get in the ship and start it up, we'll provide cover".

The POW's had already boarded the ship and Garet dashed onboard. Hitting the controls the ship sputtered to life and then died. Garet swore under his breath and slammed his fist on the controls. The ship sprang to life as the engines hummed.

Once the smoke cleared from the explosion, the place was littered with bodies of the new republic army. Lucky had little time to bandage up Tanus's wounds before more rebels attacked.  They swarmed their position. Both Tanus and Lucky opened fire, they're blasters cutting down rebel upon rebel yet still they kept coming.

"Is there no end to these rebels" shouted Tanus above the loud noise of the battle.

"Just keep firing, we'll get through this" replied Lucky.

Rebel after rebel fell from their neatly placed shots yet still they came.  As soon as the attack had begun, it was over. Body upon body lay strewn around both Tanus and Lucky.

"I told you we'd make it" rejoiced Tanus.

Lucky smiled and replied "I never doubted it for a minute".

She moved over to him and helped him to his feet. Just as they were about to move to the starship, a rumbling noise echoed around the hangar bay and a vibration was felt beneath their feet. Lucky looked around and her eyes widened as she silently whispered "oh god".

Kantar had secured himself behind some crates at the far end of the hangar bay and was using his sniper rifle to pick off the rebels. He too had heard over the com of Tanus's injury and was surprised that Alan had not gone to his aid as he knew Alan well enough to know that he never left a man behind.  Moving his sights round, he located both Tanus and Lucky and was picking off his fair share of rebels. He was glad when the swarm of seemingly never ending rebels had stopped, then he too felt vibrations under his feet. Zooming his viewfinder back he saw the source. He muttered under his breath "what the hell".

Back at the ship the attack from the rebels had died down. Without asking Alan turned round to Kairo and said "I'm going to check on Tanus and Lucky". Kairo nodded as he tapped his com about to order the remainder of the Nightstalkers to board the ship. As Alan started to move towards Tanus and Lucky's position he too felt vibrations under his feet. Looking around he spotted the source, his eyes widened as he said "you have got to be kidding me".

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited February 24, 2007 6:26:30 PM)]
[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited February 24, 2007 6:30:57 PM)]
[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited February 24, 2007 6:49:06 PM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  371
Total Posts:  2382
February 25, 2007 3:26:16 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 

Riqimo heard a shout from the cockpit, "Impact in five!" Quickly processing the information, Riqimo rushed for his safety straps just moments too late... The wall of the miner was approaching at an alarming speed. Maybe, thought Riqimo hopefully, this will be one of those impacts where you don't feel any pain until later.

No, replied his pessimistic side, afraid not.

x . x

Several minutes later, Riqimo found himself being shaken by Garet while Jak was struggling to pry a weapon from the wreckage nearby. A strong sulfurous scent was seeping into his helmet, alerting the medic that his filter system was damaged...

Riqimo propped himself up on one arm while his used the other to take his helmet off. The comlink system was damaged as well, and a long crack ran down like a scar on the left side of the helmet, "Heh, that was fun, wanna crash another miner?"

Garet chuckled, "Only for you Doc, only for you."
"Uh, is he alright? He doesn't sound stable," Jak asked, brandishing his salvaged blaster.
"He's always this way Jak, don't worry," Garet smiled beneath his helmet as he helped the ASL to his feet.

Taking a moment to have his brain regain his sense of balance, Riqimo leaned on Garet as the three men moved out of the shattered craft.

===Moving through Nomad City===

"Leave them..."

The words echoed in the medic's head... It's my fault... I should have kept that medkit with me, Riqimo glanced back towards Jakireth who was quickly back in the flow of things, at least one man survived...

"Isn't strange that the city isn't offering any resistance?" Jelly asked absent mindedly.

"Maybe, but I am not complaining," Garet replied, "Perhaps Night Stalkers have them too busy to worry about a crashed miner. Well here is our ship... Doc I want you to..." the SL paused a moment, remembering the helmet, "Nevermind, I'm gonna contact Kai, we're getting of this cursed rock... let's get on the..."

Almost on cue as Garet pointed towards the ship, a blaster bolt narrowly missed his head, causing the squad to either quickly drop to the ground or dive for cover of the ship. Riqimo choose the former option and just as quickly pulled his gun out to fire upon the planet's police forces. We're out-gunned and out-numbered, damit, if I still had my helmet I would have my targeting systems with it.

Firing rapid, but well aimed shots at the largest clusters of NR troopers, Riqimo started inching towards the ship's loading platform. He thought he saw more troops inbound and was about to jump up and charge towards them when he saw Kai's face among them. Heaving a sigh of relief at some assistance finally, Riqimo swiftly changed the power cell in his weapon and resumed his attacks while the Night Stalkers surprised the advancing Republic forces. Riqimo saw one NS member get injured and made quick note to find his way over there as soon as he could.

About five minutes of playing a game of 'peek-and-fire' with a few remaining enemy troopers, the two squads were regrouping for the god knows how manyth time of the day. Riqimo trotted over to Tanus, and treated the man's leg with a bacta patch before helping him limp towards the ship.

======= Entering the Tadath atmosphere =======

"This is Riqimo of Eclipse Squad requesting landing, code 7-14-3-8-4-65."

"Hold on one moment please, we need to prepare a pad for your arrival," the control tower responded.

"Prepare? Did they change protocol while I was gone?" Jak leaned over Riq's shoulder at the altimeter.

"Not that I am aware of," Garet shrugged, "But does it matter? We're home again. I'm going to get some..."

"Riqimo you are cleared for landing on platform 54, please head there immediately," the ship's comm system interupted

======= Tadath Platform 54=======

Riqimo was wondering why platform 54, which was a ridiculous distance away from their barracks, but then he didn't question the command tower's decisions, he learned that long ago the hard way. Glancing out the window, he saw some of the army's internal police force members stationed at the platform. Riqimo had no clue why they would be there and disregarded it and focused on landing the craft.

Stepping out of the craft, Riqimo was greeted by several ends of blaster rifles, "Gunnery Sergeant Garet Daimun, you are under arrest, you have the rights to..."

Story End!

Eclipse: Stay tuned for the next story which will be up soon, very soon.
Night Stalkers: Bug Jak for your next story

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw
EclipseSquad   Medic

ASL/CPL Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Imperial Baronet

Eclipse Website
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The Gauntlet on Nkllon (Eclipse, NightStalkers)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:26:23 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 1  |  Guests - 338  |  Bots - 1
TX-47

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >