Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Raiders Squad Writing Competition 1

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Raiders Squad Writing Competition 1
Darr-Rann
ComNet Member

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  877
Total Posts:  1587
  RE: Raiders Squad Writing Competition 1
September 17, 2006 3:27:59 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann sighed and looked around the room. Here and there, bodies of the slain littered the floor, many of them slain hostages.  They managed to save a few, but most have been killed. There isn't any way to change the past. The squad leader thought to himself, turning on his radio.

"Command, this is Raiders squad leader. We've cleared the combat zone, have the surviving hostages, and are ready for pickup." He said. There was a few moments of silence, then he was answered.

"Roger that, pickup on the way. They'll be in the form of regular transports." An officer responded. Command wanted this situation to remain quiet, so it made sense that they weren't going to send in dropships.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Darr-Rann sat inside the transport, awaiting their arrival back at the barracks.  It had been an intense mission, but the squad had made it through. Now maybe they'd get their hard earned break.

He looked at the squad roster. Daminga had taken an extended leave of absense for personal reasons, Eviscares resigned his position in the army, and Kami was now heading in a separate transport to the Dark Dragoons barracks, who needed her more.

Darr-Rann refreshed it. New names read across the screen, of members who had joined them in-mission. Squall, a former raider, had come back to them once more to serve again.

Also, Yillis had joined the squad. Yillis was ASL of Darr-Rann's first squad, lancer. Now he was the commander. That should be interesting. He thought, putting the datapad away.

Darr-Rann noticed  Rizzit's comlink beep. The officer picked it up, placing it to his ear and listened for a moment. His eyes widened, then he whispered something and shut it off. "Alright, we've got a new objective. We're to suit up, then we're heading towards the Shade bunker."

Darr-Rann sat up a bit. They were being brought back to their original location - this could only mean something bad.

"What is our mission?" Aphamos asked, vocalizing the question they were all thinking.

"We've just received word from the bunker. It's lower levels have been taken by terrorists, and they've found. Something big.

"What?" Rogueboy asked aloud.

"A bomb."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Darr-Rann adjusted the replacement torso plate for his armor, then picked up his blaster shotgun, loading in the energy salvo. The others carried A280 blaster rifles, an upgrade in firepower from their previous armaments. Squall carried explosives, Yillis and Rogueboy hauled ammunition, while Darr-Rann carried the communications pack. When he saw everyone was ready, he spoke up.

"Alright. This is potentially one of the most dangerous objectives we've ever encountered." He pumped 
energy from the salvo to the shotgun, emphasizing his point. "Lets go show these bastards what we're capable of."

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|EXO/WO2_Demonic/Kaph 5/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)[BWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
SERGEANT
WARRANT OFFICER, 2ND CLASS
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  562
Total Posts:  635
September 21, 2006 9:18:18 PM    View the profile of Squall 
(Before Darr's last post)

Squall's armor had now been caked in blood from the prisoner
hed had just successfully evacuated.  The newly arrived officer seemd to want vengence for the acts committed against himself, so he joined up with the squad momentarily.

"Aren't you taking a huge risk with your life after taking that torture from the hostage situation?" Squall asked the officer.

"I'll be fine, heh, I was a trooper before, far better ranked then yourself I'm sure, so don't worry about me," said the officer, demanding that the enemy soldier strip off his armor and give it to him.

After he had suited up, the officer fell into formation with the squad, and they moved forward towards the door.  Squall to the left position on the door as Aphamos took the right.  With a flash and a bang, the squad ran into the next room, but what a deadly decision it was.  Blaster fire immediately broke out.  The room, being almost entirely marble hadn't helped them out any; blaster fire was reflecting off the walls, and had nearly taken out one of the squad members.

The entire squad had dropped to the ground.  Squall kept his blaster aimed at a man who was screaming from the effects of the flashbang.  Squall let off a few shots, dropping the man to his knees.  With one more quick shot to the head, the man was dead.  Another hostage lay up against the wall with his arm loosing blood ever so quickly.  Darr had taken out another enemy soldier as the squad moved to secure the room.

"Squad, secure the perimeter," said Darr.  His voice sounded a bit raspy, as if he was running out of air or coming down with a sickness.

"I've got one over here!" yelled Squall as he put his carbine to the head of a soldier who had seemed to make it through the firefight.

"Hands behind your back," said Squall.  But, within a split second, the weakened soldier picked up a pistol and let off a few shots in Squall's general direction, catching him in the shoulder.  Squall kept his ground, and let off 3 shots into the soldiers body, immediately incaptacitating him.

Squall fought the urge to drop the carbine and call it quits, but it wasn't the first time he had taken a shot, and this decision he had just made was a careless one.  Most of the decisions made by the trooper were careless, which was one of his many weaknesses, acting without thinking the entire situation through.

"I've taken a hit, but I'm fine," yelled out Squall.

Silence had come to the room, giving Squall a sigh of relief.  They had cleared out another floor, but what was waiting for them above?  More hostages begging for their lives?  More people to save?  The enire mission seemed chaotic to Squall, but he would fight for those that were in service with himself.

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Sergeant
*-Raider Squad
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
----------------------
TR/SGT Squall/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EWI] [WM]
[This message has been edited by Squall (edited September 21, 2006 9:20:11 PM)]
Darr-Rann
ComNet Member

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  887
Total Posts:  1587
September 24, 2006 7:02:17 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
The Raiders walked towards the door, were two other squads awaited them. When they were all together, Rizzit begun to speak.

"Our intelligence states that the terrorists have moved the bomb down from the containment room to the bottom floor. The bomb they took is a weapon of mass destruction, designed to destroy entire cities and fortifications. The activation requires a large series of passwords and other security measures, but it should only be a matter of time before they crack into it.

"The bottom floor features a heavily-shielded fusion generator, which powers the entire installation. Since they cant destroy the city from the surface, as would be most effective, as they would never have time to activate the bomb before they would be shot down. Instead, our intel expects they plan to use the bomb to send the generator into a heavy chain reaction, turning the facility into an a large explosive to destroy the surrounding area.

"The facility is made of three buried "towers" which connect at the top and the bottom, and through various junctions. Each squad will take a separate lift down one of these towers, and eliminate the presence they encounter along the way. Reinforcements are on the way, and will meet up with you as you make your way down.

"We don't have a lot of time with this, so we're going to have to work fast. I'm going to remain with raiders, but we'll all be able to communicate over the communication networks wired through the facility. The lines are extremely heavily encrypted, so the enemy shouldn't be able to hack into our communications."

They walked inside, checking their equipment as they went. The raiders and Rizzit turned off to the right, entering the elevator and punching in the lowest floor which it would take them.

"We should be able to get onto a secondary lift from there." Rizzit said, resting his back against the wall. They stood still as the elevator went down, watching the light shift from floor to floor until it reached the bottom. The door began to slide open, when suddenly a flurry of blaster fire ripped through the opening into the lift. The Raiders took cover on the sides of the elevator, waiting for an opportunity to return fire...

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|EXO/WO2_Demonic/Kaph 5/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)[BWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
SERGEANT
WARRANT OFFICER, 2ND CLASS
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  526
Total Posts:  2089
September 27, 2006 10:23:53 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Prior to entering the complex

Rogue picked up his data-pad and read the message that came in, it was from his girlfriend, it simply read; "I need some time." Rogue sighed, and started pounding on the keys. "Do you actually need some time? Or do you want to break up with me?" Rogue really liked this one, and was maybe thinking about making it last longer than the others.

Aphamos looked up and saw the pained expression on Rogue's face. "What's up?" He asked, Rogue kept his face straight, his eyes seemed to pierce through Aph, yet they looked unintelligent, almost dead, a chill ran up Aph's spine.

Rogueboy mouth opened, but he didn't want to hear the words they spoke. "I'm pretty sure my girlfriend is going to break up with me." This seemed to have caught Darr's attention and he looked up his eyebrow raised questionably. Rogue understood the question, it was one of three everyone seemed to ask after hearing of a near break up; how long, why, did you see it coming. Rogue didn't feel like holding a conversation, he felt pretty shitty, I need a drink. "Two months, didn't see it coming, don't know why, and don't want to talk about it." Rogue laid his head against the wall seeking solitude with a nap, they have been killing and getting shot at for over five hours, and he didn't know how much he could take of it, already his head and arm hurt.

Everytime Rogue closed his eyes the image of an average height female, with long black curly hair, an olive complexion, eyes the colour of a does, and a seemingly gentle face would cloud his mind, Let it go, man, you knew it wouldn't last, you're a trooper expendable, a number with little significance. Shut up, stop thinking, go to sleep you need it. Darr was looking at Rogue as these emotions flickered on his face. "Rogue I still need to give you that talk." Rogue let out a sigh. Kill me now.

The shuttle stopped outside of the Shade building, a blaster was pressed into Rogue's hands an encouraging pat on the back, and he was pushed outside the shuttle, the squad formed up and Darr pointed at Rogue. "I need to talk to you." Rogue got up and walked a couple of feet from the squad. Darr started speaking. "Some men, when they've lost too much become fey. They don't know it, but already the gods of the dead have touched them. Their memories dwell so much with those who have crossed over that in their inner heart they wish to cross as well and therefore place themselves upon the path unknowingly. Rogue, have you become fey?"

Rogue shook his head. "That's madness."

Darr laughed. "The whole universe is mad right now, we are fighting a war less than fifty parsecs from here, and most of us don't know what we are fighting for, the question is do you want to win?"

"Of course I want to win, if I don't our men will die, or be disbanded which would be the equivalent of a death sentence."

Darr grinned. "Glad to hear it now form up."

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/LCPL_Rogueboy/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES-FirstClass][CDS]
daminga
ComNet Cadet

daminga

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  211
Total Posts:  242
October 1, 2006 8:37:29 PM    View the profile of daminga 
"Why do you do these things, Son?"
"To protect our people, Father."
"But the creatures have not been to our planet since that day many years ago and still you continue to fight for these people."
"Father, these people, the Empire, is our home.  They took us in when we asked for help and now you question them?  I'm protecting my people by servicing with them and protecting people like ours."
"My Son, you kill for them."
"I do what is necessary, Father."
"Killing is never necessary."

Daminga continued his way down the hallway toward his old squad, trying to keep the voices from consuming him.  His trip to his home world was not like the homecoming he thought it would have been.  His father received him with very mixed feelings while his mother cried and praised every God and Goddess she could think of.  His sibling just appeared afraid of him.

Now he was just trying to get back to the only home that he knew, the Raiders.  When he was dropped off near the complex the transport officer told him the squad would be somewhere within the complex. 

What did he say?  Something about towers in the ground?  All those flyboys are nuts. 

Daminga glanced over his shoulder at the new recruit that the squad just got in.  Al'Zhen kept glancing nervously around them as they walked. 

"Hey kid, if the Raiders have been through here then you know that there's nobody left to worry about," Daminga explained.

Al'Zhen nodded in response as he and Daminga approached the lifts.  Daminga pressed the button and leaned back to wait.  Nothing happened.  Daminga sighed and pressed the button again.  Still nothing happened. 

"Maybe it's busted," said Al'Zhen. 

Daminga punched the button again and waited. 

"Nah, these things are always getting updated.  There's something wrong."

-----------------------
Raiders
TRP/LCP Daminga/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

And when he gets to Heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
"One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell."

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood 1918
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited October 2, 2006 9:08:14 AM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  529
October 5, 2006 11:19:21 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Not this shit again Rogue thought to himself as blaster fire tore through the entrance of the lift, Rogue was lying on his stomach  as acrid smoke filled the air.

MEANWHILE

Daminga repeatedly pressed the button for the lift but to no avail. He turned towards Al'Zhen and said. "I guess we're going to take the stairs." No sooner did he finish his sentence than a loud chime sounded. The lift's doors opened, smoke exited the lift and Daminga was forced to take a step back. The lift was filled with stormtroopers and blaster marks.

"Daminga is that you?" Darr's voice came from the lift.

"Yes, Sir! Along with Private First Class Al'Zhen, recently transferred from drill."

"Get in the elevator, I have an idea." Darr let off an evil grin.

UNDERGROUND

"I can't believe you let the Imperial dogs get away." Thomas bowed his head in shame. "You will watch this lift with this squad, if they should return pin them down and call for reinforcements." With that the terrorist leader departed.

Thomas wondered how he managed to get caught up in this, he was a farmer by trade and until very recently was a successful farmer until Imperial stormtroopers came through, they burned his farm to the ground and killed his wife, saying she was a rebel sympathizer. Which was absurd, his wife may of had different ideas from the Imperials but she wasn't connected with the rebels...was she? Thomas scorned himself for an unworthy thought, its what the Imperials want, they want me to doubt someone I truly loved, and I shall see them in hell before I let them win this battle.

All of a sudden there was a chime, and Thomas and his squad turned towards the lift tube, the doors opened and it was filled with smoke, smoke so thick and grey that the eyes could not pierce it. Thomas picked up his comlink and was about to call for reinforcements when he second-guessed himself.

This could be a diversion to scare us, maybe their coming through the staircase, if I call for reinforcements and they come from somewhere else the punishment could be more severe.

A weight crashed into Thomas's chest, not enough to knock him down but enough to let him know something hit him. Instinctively he reached down and picked up what hit him, bringing to eye level he saw that it was a grenade.

The first grenades went off and the Raiders charged through the tube lift. It was a brilliant idea, smoke the lift and use its cover to toss in a couple of grenades, and than charge. The Raiders entered the room blasting and the enemy was too stunned to react. Rogue closed in on an enemy and hit him with the back of his rifle in the face, he than proceeded to charge the back of another terrorist. The terrorist slowly turned around and pointed his blaster at Rogue, Rogue's eyes opened wide and his footing slipped as a bolt tore through where his head was only seconds ago. Rogue had slipped on fresh blood, and landed into a corpse which was killed by the grenade, he looked up and saw that the terrorist who almost killed him was scythed down by a hail of gunfire.

OOC: In case you didn't understand Thomas was a terrorist and we are now clearing out the underground tower, or at least where the lift exits.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited October 5, 2006 11:20:22 AM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  543
October 14, 2006 10:15:00 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy looked around, none of the squad was injured, and the enemy's wounded were letting their presence be known. Rogue walked up to one of the three wounded, a quick glance showed this man did not have much time to live, splinters from the grenade turned his hip into mincemeat. He will never walk again, Rogue glanced around before unsheathing his knife and slitting the man's throat, a slight gurgling noise and in those few seconds the man looked up into the soulless "eyes" of the stormtrooper mask.

One of the enemy had surrendered, he was a tall skinny man with weak eyes, and an unkempt beard, he dropped his blaster and put up his hand in the universal symbol of surrender not long after the first grenades went off. A look could tell that he was shell shocked, he had tears coming down his eyes, and his breathing was rasped as if he was a long time smoker. Thinking of which Rogue took off his helmet and reached into his pouch, drawing out a pack of cigarillos he pulled one out. His hand was shaking; there was something in the man's eyes in the last seconds before his life slipped from him, a sense of defiance as if he could escape the inevitable. Rogue looked around, everyone appeared to be watching him, and he let off a sheepish grin and put the cigarillo back into the pack and pulled his helmet on.

Rogue went behind the enemy prisoner; he looked at Darr trying to see what the command was. Do we keep the prisoner and risk him exposing us even more? Or waste a man guarding him here? Or do we kill him and make our lives that much simpler? Rogue felt like he already knew the outcome, Darr was a utilitarian thinker, he wasn't much about presentation unless he was forced to, it was all about how effective the clothing is, as opposed to how nice it looks. Darr shook his head in the negative; Rogue shrugged his shoulders and pulled out his pistol. The prisoner's eyes opened wide, but that was as far as he got before a bolt entered his eye, and sprayed a nearby wall with grayish brain matter.

It didn't matter much to Rogue, he has killed "innocents" before, he doesn't believe anyone is innocent, it's a word invented by other people in an attempt to make wars more humane. He never felt overcome with emotion after making a kill like some others, occasionally he would feel nervous; his breathing rate would increase, his palms would get sweaty, he would feel as if his bladder would burst.

The squad was in the wedge formation, Darr at the fore. Rogue always admired Darr for that; unless he was seriously injured Darr would risk himself the most for the squad. Rogue had always believed that in order to lead one must learn to follow, and to always lead by example, he would not send a man where he wouldn't go, and there weren't many places he wouldn't go.
Together the squad proceeded as one unit, down into the labyrinth of the Shade building. The squad approached quietly and cautiously, voices were heard murmuring off the walls. Darr raised his hand in a fist, the sign of stop, he than proceeded while crouched and neared the corner. Darr reached into his pack and pulled out a small mirror, he extended his arm around the corner. He turned towards the squad and stuck up two fingers, he than pointed to Aph and made a come here gesture, he than closed his two fists and pretended to tighten something, together they moved off.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

daminga
ComNet Cadet

daminga

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  221
October 15, 2006 11:12:58 PM    View the profile of daminga 
As Aph moved off toward Darr, Daminga couldn't shake the feeling he had as the watched Rogue slit the prisoner's throat.  It was too much like the beasts on his home world, the way they merciless killed everyone in their path.  Sure, he had done the exact same thing himself in situations that it needed to be done in but he had never once looked the dieing man in the eye as he drew his last breath.  Daminga would have felt like an executioner rather than a soldier doing his job. At this point a tap on the shoulder from Al'Zhen interrupted Daminga's thoughts.

Darr and Aph had reappeared at the corner and were motioning the squad forward.

Just forget that shit, Daminga thought to himself,  It'll only put you and the squad in danger. 

The squad rounded the corner and headed out in the same "V" formation as before.  They had gone about 150 meter down the tunnel when Darr threw up his hand again as they neared an intersection of passages.  Daminga instinctively dropped to the ground and pointed his rifle toward the intersection.  Darr crawled forward and was about the stick his mirror out and around the corner when two men walked past him deep in conversation. 

"You actually heard that?!" asked the one.
"Yea, the boss says that they'll never make it out alive down here," replied the other, "But what I don't get is how they got down here in the first place.  I mean, yea, they might be storm troopers but they're not that tough."

Hearing this comment Rogue snorted softly.  Aphamos threw him a warning glance, to which Rogue nodded his understanding or apology, Daminga wasn't sure which.  The two men were by now past earshot of the squad.  Darr waved them forward to his position and started handing out orders.

"Ok guys, we're not sure what we're completely dealing with here and we don't know how deep this thing gets or anything like that.  Aphamos, I want you to take Rogue and Al'Zhen and follow those two.  Try and see as much as you can as quickly as you can.  Squall, Daminga and I will continue to follow one of these tunnels.  We'll meet back here in 2 hours time.  Get ahold if you see or hear anything or if you run into trouble.  Let's move gentlemen."

-----------------------
Raiders

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood 1918
Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  547
October 16, 2006 11:45:43 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Aphamos was at the fore, Al was on the left and Rogue was on the right. The two goons continued patrolling the halls, just as the passed an intersection Aphamos quickly pressed himself against the wall, Rogue grabbed Al and pushed him next to Aph before pressing himself up against it. Two men walked by and their voices echoed through the hall.

"So if we plant a bomb that's supposed to level this building, how are we supposed to get out? I mean the storm troopers have above ground, we are below ground."

"Benny will you shut up? It's been taken care of here let me show you."

A slight rumble in Rogue's gut reminded him that he didn't eat anything since...last night, he had time on the speeder ride over, but he was to preoccupied with his girl...ex girlfriend, he would have to get used to it.

The two guards turned down a corridor, the squad followed them instead of the other guys. They walked towards a door, the sound of heavy machinery resounding through the door. The guards opened the door, Rogue could see two men at work with drills, attempting to drill to the surface. The two men at work turned around when the guards called them, their eyes widened when they saw the three white sets of armor behind the two terrorists.

Rogue gave a roar before he rapidly pressed the trigger of his rifle repeatedly, red bolts of hate sped towards the doorway. The two guards who was standing with their backs towards the troopers were cut down with multiple blasts into their backs from the combined firepower of Aph, Al, and Rogue. The two workers immediately dropped their drills and dove out of view, one of them quickly locked the door. Al went towards the door, it wouldnt hold against blaster fire. Aph went up towards the door and blasted the handle. A few blaster bolts responded to Aph's fire, but they flew harmlessly behind him.

Rogue was pressed up against the wall, Al on the other side, meanwhile Aph was lying on his stomach in the middle, the two workers on the other side seemed oblivious to how screwed they really were. It appeared to be a stalemate, Rogue was out of grenades, as was Aph, and Al everyone using theirs on the exit of the tube lift.

Rogue softly cursed himself for a fool, he should of kept one grenade, even if it was a smoke grenade it would solve this problem. As of yet the three Raiders was hoping that the workers didn't have a comlink, otherwise a squad of enemy might show up right behind them.

"You might as well surrender, we have you surrounded." Aphamos shouted at the top of his lungs, Rogue and Al slowly turned their heads towards Aph, who in turn shrugged.

"We refuse to surrender you Imperial scum, come get us out, we'll tear you to part."

Aph continued. "Prepare to be destroyed, terrorists." Aph than whispered to the two troopers. "If you have any bright ideas now is the time."

Nothing came to Rogue's mind, it's a stalemate, if we go in we are chopped to pieces, if we wait them out, a squad might accidentally run into them, or worse the bomb could go off. The thought sent a shiver up Rogue's spine, being exploded into tiny bits wasn't the way he would pick himself to die.

"What if we were to change uniforms and fire some blasters making it look like a fight happened and we were overwhelmed?" Al spoke softly so as the two workers wouldn't hear him.

"They will know my voice, plus the only clothes we have are four halls down, and covered in blood, that idea is out."

Rogue looked around a slight grin on his face. "No one told me I would live forever, and I wouldn't believe them if they did, whose feeling suicidal?" The other troops stared in what Rogueboy figured was amazement, since all he could see was the white helmet, and the soulless eyes.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

Rogueboy
ComNet Member

Rogueboy

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  565
October 27, 2006 11:27:12 PM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
I love this part, here is where children grow up into men, I'm watching Aph as he is lying prone on his stomach, helmet on, blaster bolts occasionally being fired out  charring up the gray wall. I had my helmet off, there was no point it would be an extremely lucky shot that would remove my brains, by lucky I'm talking about me being a successful musician with my tone deaf voice. Fat chance, I pull out a cigarillo and light it up and take a long haul, close my eyes and slowly exhale, there are few things as relaxing as a smoke.

A blaster rifle in one hand, a cigarillo in another, a man sitting with his back against a wall, a stormtrooper helmet alongside him, like a forgotten relic. I wonder, not for the first time of course but why did I join the stormtrooper corps? I obviously don't have an answer, ever since I was released from the clutches of Zorba I have changed, drastically. Before Zorba and my imprisonment I was a child, fascinated with the universe full of promise, born to a well off family, all you need is three idiots and your life is changed forever, that's not entirely true after Zorba I could of gone back to my family a grown man with a blood lust, in a business where killing is frowned on. I could kill a man or a creature simply, or make it wish I killed it, eventually when my contract is up, I will re-enlist again and again, until finally I'm an old man and I am turned down for re-enlistment. What happens than you ask? Simple, I go home to a family that I don't know if it still exists, go home an old man; frail, weak, obeisant to anyone with a blaster pointed at my throat.

This is my sacrifice for living a life I enjoy a lifetime of dodging blasters, perhaps getting hit and dying, if this is my sacrifice I will gladly take it, a man who fears death is a man who fears life, but I can't take the death by old age. I'm not a man to abide a slow painful death, I will do anything to speed up the process.

I finish my cigarillo and put it out on my hand, an old habit since being a gladiator, always in the same spot. The skin bubbles up from the intense heat, I grit my teeth, pain is a friend, not to be enjoyed to the point you deliberately self-mutilate you, but pain always let's you know when your alive, and right now I feel alive.

Aph is going over on the comlink requesting Darr to send someone over with a grenade or two, one of the troopers should have something left, if not we are going to have to post two men here and move on. I look down the hall and see a silhouette in white armor, it could be an enemy we aren't expecting anyone, I should put two shots in it's chest regardless, I raise my gun at him, the figure stops. If he reaches for his gun he'll be dead before he could get a decent shot off.

"I'm a new recruit, my name is Mak'Tur Josu I was transferred to the Raiders."

I lower my blaster rifle, yay another green recruit that does not know the difference between the pin or the explosive, hell for all he knew we could have been enemies, regardless of the white armor. I yell an encouragement to the recruit.

"Did you bring any beer? This shit is FUBAR."

I watched as the recruit cocked his head.

"What does FUBAR mean?"

I let out a groan.

"It's Huttese, at least tell me you brought your standard gear? Which should contain a few grenades."

Mak starts searching through his kit, I stare in disbelief.

"What the hell is it doing in your kit, are you retarded? Keep it accessible at all times, it may save your life out there."

Mak looked up to me, and I could see that already he felt like he failed. Aph spoke up.

"Don't worry kid, we'll make a man out of you yet, now be a sweetheart and try to bang them off that corner over there, than we will rush them while their stunned, I'll give you the honors of being first through."

I laughed as the recruit visibly wilted, and pulled the pin out of his grenade, I guess the academy's improved since I went through it. Mak threw the grenade at the corner, it missed the corner we spoke of but it still went in the room. A loud bang resounded, a scream followed but I was already rushing through the door on the heels of Mak, pulling on my helmet, my breathing becoming rapid as the thrill of the kill descended on me. Mak paused at the door frame, I hesitated before raising my boot and planting it in his back, he flew through the doorway and landed on his stomach, I ran in the room screaming.

"Drop your guns you sons of Massiffs, or I will kill you."

Immediately one of the workers dropped his blaster, meantime the other one was being stubborn, but he was to stunned to do much and Aph quickly went behind him and planted a foot right below his knee dropping him to the ground, he than put him in a tight choke hold with one hand, while holding the man's blaster hand in the air.

"Drop it, or I'll snap your damn neck."

The man complied. I looked around the room, clumps of dirt were stacked in a pile in one of the corners, I love this job.

-----------------------
Raiders
Faithful To The End

TRP/LCPL_Rogueboy/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][ES-FirstClass][CDS]
[This message has been edited by Rogueboy (edited October 27, 2006 11:28:32 PM)]
daminga
ComNet Cadet

daminga

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  229
October 30, 2006 8:38:56 AM    View the profile of daminga 
OCC: I know this kinda back tracks a bit but it'll explain what's happening to the other fire team.

Darr, Squall and Daminga had been scouting the tunnel the terrorists had walked down from for only about half an hour when Darr shot up his fist again.  Squall and Daminga dropped as before to the ground; Squall covering the back, Daminga covering the front.

"You guys, hear that?" Darr asked as he glanced back toward where they can come from. 

"No sir,"

"Nothing sir,"

The three strained to hear anything in the darken tunnel.  After a few minutes of nothing still Darr signaled to move out. As they'd moved farther into the dark, Daminga's thoughts again turned to home and that prisoner Rogue killed. 

I don't know if he had a family.  Shit, nobody knows if he had a family.  He had to have been at least 30 something.  Oh God, what if he had kids?  Will they grow up hating the Empire because of what we did?  Will they join their father's fight?  Will I have to kill them too?

"Is that what we do?  Exterminate families?"  Daminga breathed under his breath.  Darr glared over his shoulder.  Daminga got back to doing his job before the squad leader could say anything.

Do they have these feelings?  Does Rogue even know what he did back there?  Does he feel regret? 

Darr and Squall had moved up in front of him as these thoughts overwhelmed Daminga.  Just as they rounded another corner he felt a hand drop onto his shoulder.  Grabbing ahold of it with his left, Daminga bent over and swung whoever it was the unlucky person over his head bringing him crashing to the ground.  Daminga wrapped his arm around the person's neck and planted his blaster barrel up against the guy's white helmet.

White helmet?  What the hell?!

"Daminga!  Stop hazing the new guy before he can even report!"  Darr whispered harshly. 

Daminga let go of the new guy and grabbed the back of his collar, pulling him to his feet. 

"PFC Mak'Tur Josu reporting, sir,"  spat out the trooper. 

"Good to have ya.  Fall in behind Daminga.  And don't spook him again like that, you'll probably be dead next time."

The four of them started moving again.  They had just reached another intersection when Aph called Darr over the comlink.

"Sarge, we got a situation here that isn't going too well!"

Daminga could hear blaster fire also coming from the other end of the communication. 

"We've got two or three guys shut up in a room but we don't have anymore grenades."

"Nobody has anything?"

"No sir," Aph answered back with a strange lift in his voice.  Then, in more of a whisper that Daminga barely could hear, "Darr, we might want to get Rogue checked out after this is all over.  He's just sitting against the wall smoking without his helmet on."

Darr swore gently under his breath.  Then replied, "Alright, I'm sending someone."

Looking over his three choices he pointed his gloved finger at Mak'Tur.

"You."  After giving him directions Darr added, "And don't get shot full of holes on your first mission.  Now MOVE!"

-----------------------
Raiders

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Raiders Squad Writing Competition 1  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:19:01 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 229  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >