Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Galactic Games on Euceron

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   
Author
Topic:  Galactic Games on Euceron
Typex3
ComNet Initiate

Typex3

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  135
Total Posts:  306
  RE: Galactic Games on Euceron
July 2, 2006 10:14:42 PM    View the profile of Typex3 
-=[Black Project]=- [=-Darr-Rann's Group=-]

*Shortly after leaving the palace.*

"Typex3 go and help Darr-Rans group, they might need your help. When your done report to me and the others." Rizzit said while leaving Typex3 with Darr and the others.

Typex3 along with Darr and the others continued to walk through the. When they reached the end of the enclosed hallway, Typex3 saw an unlikely building located at the left side, half a mile away from the stadium entrance. Typex3 soon splited up from his group and reached the building named; "Left Wing building".

Typex3 sensed strange activity from the building and called Darr-Rann; "Darr, I have found a building and it seems quite strange located half a mile away from the stadium."

"Okay Typex3 if you say so I'll get the rest of the group. Send me the coordinates"

Typex3 sended Darr the coordinated and few minutes later the group along with Darr arrived to the building. Typex3 and the others managed to break through the main entrance door and found themselves in a long hallway.

Typex3 and the others continued to walk along the hallways; up the stairs leading into the first floor where the group separated.

"Okay Group it seems this door is blocked, I will now leave Typex in charge of breaking in the door system and let us through. In the mean time, I'll stay in here with him and the rest of you guard the stairs and make sure nobody interrupts while we break through", Darr announced.

Typex quickly launched into action, but first he had to see if any personnel were in the first floor. Typex soon began to configure his long Range-acquiring Sensor to hear any sort of conversation behind the wall. Nothing could be heard and Typex3 began Phase two of disabling the doors system. After few steps searching the doors properties, Typex3 managed to break through the system and got to work;

ß------Properties; 300-Main door----->
Operation- Typex must find the rectangular Total surface area of the floor in able to get the wires Equation, Get the password, and disable the door.
Wire equation- S.A= 2(lw) +2(hw) +2(lh) ---- S.A = xxxxxx
Password: Project-x-362598
ß---------Door Opened---------------->

Typex3 Opened the door as the whole group found themselves in this vast room with different Sub divided private Rooms that were unfortunately locked. The group continued to search to see if any of them were open, as soon as LK-486 managed to break in Room VIP-232. Typex3 went inside the Empty room with couple of dust out chairs and rusted cabinets. As LK-486 and Typex3 continued to check the room up for any suspicious plans, Darr and the others check other room to see if they opened.

However, they were soon running out of luck when Typex3 came up to Darr and said, "It seems I have found this key on a VIP room that Leon broke in. This key might be what was looking for. In other words, this key might open any other door that might lead to certain misfortune in the galactic Games"

"Hum I see, now let's not waste time and try this key in each of the doors. I have a feeling that here lies a plan beyond our reach," Darr said.

"Well let's try this key on each of the doors, Here Darr take the keys", Typex3 said while handing the keys to the group leader.

Darr Tried the Key on room VIP- 231, the door would not open as Darr turned the rusted key. Soonly after trying the key on every door, there was the president's door to try, and fortunately, Sergeant Darr broke in with the key. Typex3 and the others quickly glanced at the room checking for any other materials found.

Typex3 used his EPR: Electro-Photo Receptors, to capture a Hidden object found. Typex3 soon found yet another Key but this time, it was not rusted and it said the Room number/Name. They key had written [Left wing door] meaning it was the door blocking half of the floor on the left side. Part of the group stayed in the previous rooms and checked for any miss located items that might be helpful in the long run.

Darr and the others headed out and opened the left wing of the first floor. The door opened and lead to other rooms that have not been discovered yet. Fortunately, The High tech. Equipment Room was open. Darr and the others quickly launched into action when all of the sudden Knightwind found hidden Nuclear weapons in each of the room's corners. Minutes after Knightwind discovered Two Nuclear weapons, LK found a document Known as Project X deep down the room in some sort of an underground passage.

Darr sprung into action announcing the following; "Knightwind since you found the High Tech weapons, I will leave you the responsibility of taking them with us. LK hand over the Document you just found, I need to keep them until further notice. Now team lets go and continue our search"

Typex3 and the others broke in the next door that said; [Project- X Galactic Games]. Squall had the honors of finding the last key that lead to the main room; [VIP-Conference]. The group ran in an organized matter with Sergeant Darr leading the way. The all headed out the left wing door into the conference room where they met at a Halt. Corporal Phenix had the honors to open the last door.

A rusted sound could be heard while the door turned and uncovered a big office with papers everywhere, organized and neat. The group separated into different parts of the officer and began there quest for any malicious items/Documents the Vast empire might need to uncover the Galactic games threat to Euceron. After several hours searching, Darr found a prestige document entitled; "Black project".

Darr-Rann professionalism lead Him think that the document was a key role of the Commandos. "Alright everyone, we have found what we needed to get. Now let us get the others, Fall out Group!"

Typex3 along with half of the groups gathered with the other half down at the right wing of the floor. They all celebrated for a job well done, but it was not soon after Sergeant Darr-Rann stopped the celebration and said; "Now, let's continue our search up the stairs. Something tells me this is not everything we know about the corruption of the Commandos.

Typex3 left the group and headed back to the stadium to go meet up with Rizzit and the others.

-=[OCC: Blueprint on Discussion Thread]=-

-----------------------
DarkDragoons
TRP/PCF Typex3/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

-=[DEATH UNSEEN]=-

Primary/Training MOS: 31 T Communication Technician

"The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles."- Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal, 1966
[This message has been edited by Fallen Warfighter (edited July 2, 2006 10:16:40 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Fallen Warfighter (edited July 2, 2006 10:19:04 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Fallen Warfighter (edited July 2, 2006 10:20:51 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited July 3, 2006 12:11:42 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Fallen Warfighter (edited July 3, 2006 8:09:07 PM)]
Trix
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  58
Total Posts:  136
July 3, 2006 6:12:31 PM    View the profile of Trix 
00C: Typex, good writing, but try wiritng: sounding and looking less like a game.  You dont just find a key or something. Life is not that easy, the same go to the rest you, lets try and make this realistic. Bring some description along with the action. And if it is fine with Rizzit, lets post any screenshots or maps on a discussion thread./00C
Trix cracked her neck to the one side as they stepped through the gates of the stadium. In the background she heard the guards laughing about something as they continued exchanging conversation. Shrugging she cracked her fingers as she brought them together in the air and stretched
"Well, well, well. The princess popped her fingers, isn't that against your policy or something?" asked Aphamos snickering mischievously. Grinning Trix tapped him lightly on the chest with a finger.
"Your fault Corporal Yours and the Army. Not mine." She muttered as they followed Rizzit's sandy blond hair from the back. A character by the name of Typex was sent to Darr-Rann's group a few minutes after they left the castle numbering their group down nine. A full squad.

The short walks they took between the scattered buildings on the plain were short and Trix wasted none of the time to get know the rest of her assigned troopers. Walking at Rizzit's side was the equally blond if not more Kairo Vendate, followed by RK, a young Lance Corporal, close to his side Leon, then Garet and a zabrak which Trix didn't  the name of. Then of course her own, Rogue and Aphamos. She missed having Evis around though, the platinum blond haired man were so much more alike with her, though she suspected he fought more demons within him then she would ever understand. Grinning she remember the day before. He complained about his hair, and she simply pulled him to a Hair Salon and had an stylist darken his hair with a mixture of dark brown and blue highlights for the fun of it. It took everything to stifle her fit of giggles and snickers when Evis' hair was finally completed. The male stylist seems to have to taken liking to Evis more then the laws of attraction allowed, and he seemed to be very pleased when they finally left the salon.
Her thoughts were interrupted by a hand waving in front of her face however. Rogueboy grinned.
"Princess, you still with us?" Slapping his hand away she nodded.
"Yes, unfortunately."

Sighing she rubbed the bridge of her nose. Up above them the sun was blazing merrily, though the majority of the troopers experienced the sun more then merry.

"Right, Kairo, Trix, Garet, and Aphamos, I want you to check out the interior of the buildings, as well as check all scoring systems for possible hack threats. One of the local experts on slicing is waiting for you in nearest building to your left. The rest of you, come with me, we are checking the rest rooms, arena and stadium seats and whatnot else."

Their group split apart to its designeated partners and soon afterwards Trix was following Kairo and her fellow troopers to the buildings which roughly scattered into one block with side street shops and even a cantina littering the streets.
"Hmh, someone can easily cause a riot in these cluttered spaces." remarked Garet when they slowly passed the first shops. Kairo nodded as he stroked his chin.
"Good point there, I think it is something we should watch out for, also in the stands. Lets get inside though, I will report to Rizzit about it with the rest of the stuff we have search." muttered Kairo when they neared the building. It was fairly small in comparison with the rest of the buildings. A small shop which sold an variety items including med-packs, energy drinks and etc. It was dome shaped at the top, made of a mixture of wood and metal since it would only be used temporarily. All the buildings were dome shaped at the top, with large sphere-like objects protruding from the roof which Trix assumed was speakers. Kairo suddenly spoke up forcing Trix to turn her attention away from the outside setting.

"Trix., since you brought most of your detection equipment with you, please pick a few of the edible items for traces of poison or anything, while Garet, you search the few varieties of weapons they sell. I'm going to go with this local through the security terminal and stuff, everything which can be undermine electronically." ordered Kairo.

Trix nodded wryly as she patted her duffel bag. So this is what her once enriched life comes down to? Searching for poison in food. Shaking her head she followed him through the door.

-----------------------

PA/CPL Trix/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
Jester Squad
[This message has been edited by Trix (edited July 3, 2006 6:15:35 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Trix (edited July 3, 2006 6:17:30 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Trix (edited July 3, 2006 6:23:08 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Trix (edited July 3, 2006 6:23:47 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Trix (edited July 3, 2006 6:59:59 PM)]
Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

Post Number:  260
Total Posts:  2089
July 4, 2006 12:36:07 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy was wearing his funeral clothes; black suit, matching tie, white shirt, black shoes, and black Nerf leather gloves. Rogueboy patted all his hidden weapons mentally ticking them off; dual SH9's in custom made "breast pockets" with three extra clips, Subsonic sniper rifle dismantled and in the briefcase he was holding with fifteen shots, steel.... STEEL? Rogueboy panicked and began patting himself down CRAP.

Aphamos raised an eyebrow. "Forgot something?"

Rogueboy looked at Aphamos in horror. "My melee weapon. I can't believe I forgot it."

Aphamos chuckled. "The damn fine soldier you are hell you probably won't need it worse comes to worse use the butt of your sniper close your eyes and swing, if it makes you feel better."

Rogueboy grinned sheepishly, the squad moved into the centre of the arena, it was massive easily fitting a couple of hundred thousand people, Rogueboy could just picture the amount of people what would die if there was either a bomb or a massive panic the amount of people trampled would be incredulous. Rogueboy's reverie was cut short by a look and nod from Rizzit.

Rogueboy sighed in pleasure as he looked up and saw a series of catwalks above the arena. Nothing like a perfect vantage to see if anything unusual is up, also a perfect view for the opening rituals he thought to himself.

Rogueboy walked up to one of the security guards. "Do you know if there is a way up to the catwalks?"

The security guard burst out laughing, meanwhile his partner was chuckling after a little while the guards calmed down. "Sorry about that, there's a rung starting in that building there..." He pointed to a tall square which was filled with VIP booths and announcing rooms. "...And it continues all the way to the top. Watch your step."

Rogueboy walked away from the guards that man is just plain weird. Rogueboy walked towards the building and began climbing up the metal rungs the stadium was huge.

------Five hundred sixty-nine rungs later-------

I should of worn more comfortable clothing Rogueboy thought to himself as he neared the top, placing one foot ahead of the other, twenty more rungs to go. Just than the rung under Rogueboy cracked and his foot fell through, the metal cutting into his ankle. "Damn it." Rogueboy swore through clenched teeth he used his arms to pull himself up over the rest of the rungs.

Rogueboy reached the top of the catwalks, he sat on the edge and began examining his ankle; the cut was deep and ran about an inch and a half into Rogueboy's ankle, he tore off a piece of his undershirt and wrapped his ankle up tightly. Pain isn't something to be afraid of; it will accompany you throughout your entire life. Rogueboy remembered the words of his gladiatorial trainer, Rogueboy moved away from the edge of the catwalks limping to a place that gave the biggest vantage over the empty arena and put in the code that opened the briefcase; inside the briefcase where three large pieces and a number of small ones Rogueboy started assembling the pieces mechanically thinking about his ex...

"I think we need some time off." She said firmly her voice cracking slightly. "Is it you want time off or do you want to break up? Because if you want to break up do it now." "No all I need is some time off, I have a lot of things in my life that I need to do." Rogueboy felt giddy with relief. "Well nonetheless I'll call you in a few days since it will be our two months." A few days later no answer... no answer ever again, the only thing that was left was the things that could have been but never will be. Rogueboy knew she lied about something, was it her ex? Was there a third player? Did she just hate me? All these questions just a call away, yet why should I play the crazy ex? A week has gone by shuttered in his house, only going to the barracks to do his duties and coming home to sleep until finally a solution presented itself. "That's her Fing problem."

Rogueboy finished assembling his rifle loading the clip of ammo in, he felt he was ready for anything the universe could throw at him.

-----------------------
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/PFC_Rogueboy/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Typex3
ComNet Initiate

Typex3

Post Number:  138
Total Posts:  306
July 4, 2006 9:18:12 PM    View the profile of Typex3 
    -=[Moment before heading back to Rizzit's group]=-

A few moments before just heading back to Rizzit's group, Typex3 decided to take yet another path as he came across a suspicious being. Typex3 took quick glances before identifying the type of species the suspect was. The suspect wearing black leather long jacket covering his hole body, with a small red insignia on his left side, took a step further into a dome Shaped building.

Typex3 looking carefully at anybody watching him, followed the man after a few minutes before the suspect went in the dome shaped building located few kilometers from the arenas of the Galactic Games. Typex3 quickly with a vicious look inspected the dome shaped building. It appeared that the building did not require any sort of identification. So Typex3 with his small-classified equipment took several photographs with his EPR; Electro-Photo receptors.

The smell of injustice was troubling Typex3; He took a step further at the shaped like dome. Nevertheless, Typex3 felt a presence of certain individuals performing illegal activities. Typex3 went to find out for himself if this was true, he quickly noticed that he heard sound-like language of High galactic. Young Typex3, Impulsive and assertive quickly found himself surrounded by a group of armed pirates. Typex3's heartbeat pumped faster and faster each time he saw himself done for. The armed men secured Typex3, disarming him from anything dangerous to them.

The obscured men, from the native planet of Kessel quickly interviewed Typex3. As the men showed there uniform along with there facial appearance, Typex3 noticed that those were Commandos due to there small insignia on the left side of jacket. The head of the Commandos were headed by Kessel administrative officer; Muruth doole. After Typex3 discovered the Commandos Masterminds, The beheaded leader took a short but painful speech before Typex3: "You shall not live until you tell us what your business here is".

"I wish not to speak, and I won't play your little games of investigations"

Muruth quickly stood up; "Is that so...Well I see a dark future up ahead on your agenda today.."

Typex3 quickly grabbed inauspiciously his pair of throwing knifes he had reserved,  With a few sweats drops, and a bit of wrist movement Typex3 broke out and quickly launched 4 Knifes at the nearest heads that he saw. Muruth avoided one of them but the other ones were not so lucky after they merely survived a direct hit to there unprotected heads. With the distraction, Typex3 got his taken equipment and ran to the nearest exit where he escaped on his speeder bike that was just parked a half of mile from the dome building. Typex3 with a bit of luck escaped with damaged armor parts from the weapons being shoot at him from exiting the dome building.

A few moments later Typex3 cruised in his BARC speeder bike, Typex3 found a small shop. There he bought Few Med-packs, and headed to his hideout camp. There he recovered his wounds; and took with him his; S-5 Multi-function Blaster Pistol and headed out to finish untold business with Muruth that needed to be taken care off. The reckless Typex3 headed once again to the dome shaped building but this time he was prepared, fully equipped knowing what was waiting for him. 

This time droids guarded the entrance to the building, personnel were fully alerted and equipped with massive weaponry and auxiliary items at there belonging. Typex3 had no chance at the overpowering group and headed back to the stadiums finding Rizzit and the others.

Typex3 contacted Rizzit via comlink.

"Good to see you back&How did it go with Darr's group on the left wing building?"

"Not bad, we found a lot of recoupable information about certain projects waiting for deployment. While I was in my way here, I encountered a problem with Crooks on a dome shaped building located not far from here. I know there up to something, since Kessel's very own Muruth Doole was behind the Commandos. He along with kessels prisoners were doing corrupted meetings. They almost had me killed when they cough me by surprised sneaking in there meeting. We should after do something about this, after the death of the Black commandos they must be hiring new ones to finish what the Black commandos were just finishing."

"Typex, we can't deploy our group into some kind of corrupted building. We have a mission on the Games, which is to detect foul play and sabotage. If indeed something happens, we take actions. However, since we do not know what kind of activity there into. We cannot take action, until we get enough prove of them interruption the Galactic Games. Now move along before we leave you behind, oh before I forget. You should report to me immediately, and not deploy to some dome shaped building. Nevertheless, good work on the information, it always comes handy in order to take deployment."

-----------------------
DarkDragoons
TRP/PCF/N.Reporter Typex3/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VEEC

-=[DEATH UNSEEN]=-

Primary/Training MOS: 31 T Communication Technician

"The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. Whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles."- Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal, 1966
[This message has been edited by Fallen Warfighter (edited July 4, 2006 9:21:03 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Fallen Warfighter (edited July 4, 2006 9:21:42 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited July 4, 2006 10:07:26 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2115
Total Posts:  2943
July 4, 2006 10:29:16 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
After scouring the area as best as they could, Rizzit and his group were confident that the spectators would not be in danger of anything in the immediate arena. This meant that if anything was going to happen, it would be brought into the stadium. No devices of any kind could be found in the arena at all. Rizzit led the group back through the corridor and threw the switch to open the gates.

As the huge doors swung open, the gaurds moved out of the way. Typex stood with the gaurds waiting for them to come out. Once they had exited the building, one of the gaurds approached Rizzit.

"Did you find everything satisfactory sir?" The gaurd asked stiffly.

"Not that you really care, but yeah we did." Rizzit replied in a rather nasty tone.

"I beg your pardon? I'm a security gaurd for Euceron! I care more than anyone about the security of this planet."

"Maybe. You just don't seem to care about our being here. Good day soldier!"

With Typex in the group, they headed away from the stadium. Rizzit took a look back at the way they were walking and it looked like marching. How are we going to blend in when it looks like the whole lot of us are marching single file? This isn't going to work. Rizzit called them off to the side against a building wall.

"Guys, we look too formal! Let's look a bit more casual!"

"Sir?" Typex asked. "Aren't we supposed to be formal?"

"In most cases, yes. In this case we're trying to blend in. So I don't care if you need to gossip between one another: just look like we're walking around. Also...lose this marching format we're in. Form a dilapidated circle or something and start talking as we go."

The group did as orderd. Rizzit started talking with Rogueboy and Trix about the food that was being served at the stands. The stadium seemed to be completely safe, yet it was still midday. They decided to grab a bite to eat at one of the food courts' stands. This would help them blend in by allowing them to have a casual lunch. At the same time though, they could hopefully listen in on some intresting conversations. If not, they would be trying to find the commandos with the jetpacks from earlier in the week.

-----------------------
Colonel Rizzit BlackHeart
Wildcard Platoon Commander
Phoenix Company Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  130
Total Posts:  794
July 4, 2006 11:21:41 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
The group headed down the street. Sam started to chat with Jen about a different number of topics, the weather, the games, and similar mundane topics. "Hey! I've heard about that place," Typex said pointing to a sign that read, "Benedict's Vieux Room."

"I have heard about that place too. It is supposed to be pretty good," RK replied.

"Hey Rizzit, we are going to go check out this restaurant," Typex said pointing to the sign.

"Ok, just meet back up with us before the ceremonies start," Rizzit replied returning to his conversation immediately.

"Hey Typex, do you mind if RK and I join you?" Rogue asked.

"Sure the more the merrier," Typex replied.

The four headed to the restaurant. The rest of the group continued on down the street with out giving the four a second look. They were engrossed with their random topic conversations.

As the four entered the restaurant, a sharp looking twi'lek greeted them, "Welcome to Benedict's Vieux Room. How many are in your party?"

"Four," Typex replied. The twi'lek gestured them to follow. The four followed weaving around tables with folks already seated. The twi'lek stopped in front of an empty booth, "Is this alright?"

"Yeah, thank you," replied RK with a smile before anyone else could say anything.

--- Back with the others ---

The group had stopped at a local fast food joint. It was just a place for the group to sit down after spending the morning on their feet. They continued their conversations after they received their orders and sat down.

Sam was talking with Jen about the different worlds they had seen prior to their joining the Vast Empire. Rizzit was still going on about the concessions at the stadium. The rest of the group did not stay on one topic for long.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

FTL/SSGT Sandwich Sam/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR][BM][GS]

Musical Score
Sam - 1 Typex -0
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  603
Total Posts:  1348
July 5, 2006 2:58:30 PM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
Garet looked around the small shop. A rather disturbing rotting smell filled the area around the weapons case. Only a few races would like this smell. Inviting.

He stood in front of a glass case that was about five feet long and two feet back. It was cleaned, but the weapons weren't impressive. Authorities probably came through here and regulated the wares. A couple non-lethal pistols and lower end rifles were lined up inside. The clerk saw Garet checking the weapons, and he came over.

"Can I help you?" the native human clerk asked. Garet looked up like he was caught off guard.

"Yeah... I'm here for a weapon," Garet said with some hand gestures, "but these don't seem to be fitting."

"A hunter of a more dangerous game, yes?" The clerk smirked. "Well, this isn't everything." The clerk turned around and punched a code into a keypad. The case lowered, and another case moved into its place, rising from the ground. "How are these?"

Garet examine the new case: heavy rifles and sniper rifles filled the area. The clerk made sure authorities wouldn't see these. Garet looked around the shop, assumingly checking to see if anyone was watching; he was really seeing if there were any exits besides the front door. To the right of the clerk he saw what he was looking for: a small hallway leading to a discreet doorway. Garet looked at the clerk again. He had an instinct that needed to be looked into.

"These are nice," Garet said, "but I'm searching for something with a little more 'bang'."

The clerk stiffened up. "This is all I have, I'm sorry."

"Come now," Garet said with a smile. He opened his jacket a little to flash two Annihilators. "I think you can do better than this."

The clerk went pale and motioned to the hall. "O-ok, this way," he said with a stutter, "just don't tell them about this."

Them? Garet thought of his group. The clerk couldn't possibly know that they were security. I don't think this day will end well.

The clerk got to the door at the end of the hallway and entered another code into a keypad. The door opened, and the two stepped through. It was a storehouse, as far as Garet  or the authorities  could tell. Inside were hundreds of boxes labeled "produce" or "glass", or other common wares that would be found in a shop. The clerk led Garet to a stack of boxes that were labeled "figurines". He pulled one of the boxes out, grabbed a nearby crowbar, and pried open the top. Garet stepped up to the box. Little statues of past Games winners were laid out on a protective packing substance. Garet dug into the substance and pulled it out. Underneath the figurines was a metal case that Garet pulled out and set onto the floor.

"Please... b-be careful," the clerk said, still sounding nervous. Garet looked up with a face that said "duh".

Turning his attention back to the case, Garet kneeled down and clicked open the latches. He hesitated to open it, finally thinking about what he was doing; for all he knew there could be a bomb inside. Quickly, as if preparing for an explosion, he pulled it open. He couldn't have been more right.

What sat inside was a cube: it looked like someone had welded together a bunch of metal and attached an explosive and wires. It was about a square foot, perfect for stashing it in small spaces. Garet picked it up to examine it and the clerk let out a little yelp.

"It's not active," Garet said, questioning whether or not he was right.

"They said you wouldn't be here until tomorrow..."

"They" again... "Yes, well I decided that I need an extra day to prepare and get this in place. I'll be taking this one with me."

"But, I haven't been paid yet!"

Garet grunted at this. He didn't want to have to pay for this. He had no choice though. "How much is it?" He asked in defeat.

"The standard market price: 25,000 ICs."

Garet's empty fist tightened. "This better be worth it." He took out his money (which he always carries) and handed over the price asked.

Playing along, Garet added "We'll be back to pick up the rest tomorrow." He was almost out the door when the clerk called out.

"Are you going to the others? Because I can notify them."

Garet paused. Others. "No, not today." And he left.

He carried the metal case through the shop, and walked straight up to Kairo. Garet motioned to go outside, and the two went.

"You might want to see this," Garet said as he put the case as the two stopped at the side of the shop.

Garet propped open the case, and Kairo was amazed. Garet told him of "them", and "others", and the sheer amount of bombs there must be. Kairo was either speechless or petrified, because he didn't say anything. Two minutes went by with him just staring at the bomb before he said, "close it". Garet did so and picked it up.

"We need to find Rizzit."

-----------------------
Jester Squad
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

SL/GSGT Garet Daimun/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"I don't need a plan. Plans are for scientists, and builders. I've got moxie... and guns."
-Jennifer Mui, Mercenaries
Darr-Rann
ComNet Member

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  737
Total Posts:  1587
  Biological weapons are SCARY!!!
July 5, 2006 4:07:40 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann walked up the stairs, drawing out his Mynock. He took a moment to address his team. "Alright guys, get ready to fight. Remember that we aren't as well equipped as we normally are, so this is going to be much more dangerous mission then normal."

Darr-Rann opened the door on the top of the stairs, walking in with his gun held in a ready position. He motioned for the others to follow him. Suddenly the sound of footsteps rang out from down the hall. A man with a combat vest and helm walked towards them.

"Hey, who the hell are you?" He asked, raising his blaster. Blaster fire ripped through the air, but not from him. Darr-Rann turned to see Jenabelle with her blaster raised. She shrugged.

"It was him or us." She said, lower it slightly. Darr-Rann walked over to examine the body.

"Good shot. But now they'll know we're here." Darr-Rann said. With that three more troops ran into the room, firing wildly down the corridor. Darr-Rann was quick to take action. "Against the walls, make yourself less of a target. Fire at will!" He took a few shots with his mynock, sending blood splattering from one of the soldiers as the metal slugs tore open his flesh. LK hit one in the face with a blaster bolt, burning a hole through the unfortunate's head. Phenix took down the other.

"Well, they know we're here now, we might as well get to work." Darr-Rann said, "Evi, you take Jenabelle and LK, check out the rooms on this level. Me and Phenix will take the next floor up. Keep in close contact via comlink." He said, heading towards another staircase. Eviscares team broke off and went through the doorway to the right, while Darr-Rann and Phenix went up the stairs on the left.

When the reached the top, they found another door. This one was made of heavy metal plating, with a computer panel on the side. "Well, not much chance we're going to blast this thing open." Darr-Rann said, looking at the console on the wall. "Hey, wait a minute..." He pressed a few keys and the door slid open.

"How did you do that?" Phenix asked, looking at the panel. Darr-Rann grinned.

"Oh, I'm an expert slicer, I can literally take over any computer system in seconds." He noted Phenix's look of disbelief. "Actually, the door was already unlocked." They walked inside, looking around. There was a door in front of them and a door to the side. Darr-Rann decided they should check the first.

The door was unlocked. It was a large, mostly empty room. Inside sat two stacks of crates. Phenix opened the top of one of them. "Hey, what the heck do you think these are?" Darr-Rann walked over and walked inside. When he saw the contents, he immediately drew Phenix back.

"Those are vials of some sort of chemical. I think these guys are going much bigger then we thought." He drew out his comlink.

"Rizz, you there?" He asked after activating it on the correct channel. After a few moments, a response.

"Yeah Darr, whats up?"

"We just found some crates containing an unknown substance, in addition to some nuclear materials. I have reason to believe we've just found a terrorist weapon cashe, and they plan on using biological weapons on the spectators." Darr-Rann said. There was a pause, then a response.

"Gather as much information as you can then get out of there, We'll send in a strike team to deal with it." Darr-Rann acknowledged then shut off his comlink. He then contacted Eviscares.

"We just found bio-weapons. Gather as much information as you can, then get out of there." The Squad leader said.

"Alright, see you outside." Eviscares said.

"Okay Phenix," Darr-Rann said. "Time to see whats behind door number two..."

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|FL/CPO_Demonic/Kaph 5/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(VC:B)
SERGEANT
CHIEF PETTY OFFICER
one of few - A vast Empire medic
Read Losses of Vandetta by me and Hellra
Flashmaker
Leon
ComNet Cadet

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  278
Total Posts:  1091
July 5, 2006 10:50:17 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon chose to sit alone; he wasn't much in the mood for talking, nor eating. The rest of his small little group was sitting at a booth. The Lance Corporal and two Private First classes were chatting with each other, seeming somewhat excited. For some reason Leon just wasn't in the mood. A thought struck him at that moment. Maybe guy's do PMS? He shook the thought quickly away as a waiter walked up to him.

"May I take your order?" Asked the chubby female waiter.

He looked up at the chubby lady, and just stared blankly at her as if his brain had gone dead. He quickly shook his head, snapping back into reality. "Yea, sorry about that. Just some water please, and I'll pay for the group over there," said Leon pointing over at the trio of soldiers.

"Ok, are you sure that's all?" Asked the cubby lady with a worried look on her face. Leon didn't feel like talking and instead just gave her a nod. She seemed to understand that he wasn't in the mood and walked over to the trio.

Leon stared out the window of the diner, staring at the citizens of Euceron. They all seemed perfectly normal, nothing out of the ordinary. Just people having a good time. Excited children walked with there parents, jumping up and down and constantly asking questions. Just like me and Flux. A smile spread over Leon's face, which was quickly shook away by the stressed out Leon. Leon tried to avoid thinking about his brother or Tatooine, too many memories left behind on that rock. Leon turned his head to the right to see if the waiter had already given him his drink, and found the ice cold water right in front of him.

Nothing better then a glass of ice cold water. Thought Leon as he slurped down the drink. He set the glass down quietly and looked back out the window to meet the gaze of another man. A chill went down Leon's spine, his hairs rising. The man stood on the other side of the street, just staring at him with fiery red eyes that seemed to burn into him. Only his eye's could be seen, the rest of his face hidden beneath a peace of black cloth. Leon new something was wrong right then and there, and quickly walked by the trio and gave them a look that told them something was up.

Leon slipped a knife from under his vest, an urge to kill coming over him. He tried to control it, but it was overcoming him and no longer dormant. His fast paced walk turned into a jog, and then a sprint to where the man was. Leon got closer and closer to the man and was about to launch a knife at him when a group of people walked in front of him, blocking the man from Leon's view. Leon couldn't wait any longer and pushed through the group, but when he got through he was gone.

Leon new right then and there that something was up, this man who ever he was, seemed dangerous. The look he gave Leon, it looked so familiar. He tried to figure out it could have been, but he had never killed or fought a man that carried such an intensity. What scared Leon most of all, is that the man could of killed Leon right then and there. There was no doubt about it. Leon looked down at his hands which were shaking, the urge to kill still fresh. He had to get away before something bad happened. But to his dismay, Rizzit and the group were already headed directly towards Leon, and was forced to put a smile on his face.

"RK told me that something was up? Or was it just a false alarm?" Asked Rizzit.

"No, don't worry. Everything's fine." Said Leon, trying to hide his true emotions.

For a second, Leon thought Rizzit was going to ask him what really happened but instead, turned around and signaled for the group to follow him. Leon hung in the back, hundreds of thoughts going through his head. But there was one that bugged Leon the most. How the man had brought out Leon's urge to kill so easily. Leon new that sooner or later, things were going to get hectic. And he would have to find a way to control himself. He hadn't experienced that side of himself since Tatooine.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
TRP/LPC Leon/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
And so we go.
I am the one...The one who made the 100,000 post.
Christina Deneke
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  28
Total Posts:  54
July 5, 2006 11:11:42 PM    View the profile of Christina Deneke 
Christina was ready for a new day. She had ditched her tourist skirt and blouse and was no wearing a pair of tight black jeans and a light colored t-shirt. She had enjoyed herself the day before at the bike race, but neglected to mention it to anyone else. She worried she`d get in trouble for slacking off while on duty.

She had actually managed to win, but only because she had held a solid second and got her chance when the leader plowed into a rock at top speed on the last lap. She now had to passes for the Podrace, and hoped that they would be of some use to whoever was investigating the podrace. Something was bound to be sabatogable there. Sabatogable..is that a word?She asked herself absent mindedly as the groups for the day got sorted out.

She had been placed with Merrick again, and was glad for it, as she didn`t know anyone else in her group. She almost wondered if Merrick had asked for Tina to be placed with her, but Merrick always seemed to grumble no matter who she was given as a group. The other day she grumbled because it was all girls except for Jack. This week, it was a mix and she still grumbled.

Maybe she`s just getting bored of the whole thing..I dunno. Tina thought to herself as she headed to her group. Merrick hand`t issued any orders yet, so Christina took a seat on a nearby bench and waited for her orders.

-----------------------
NightStalkers
TRP/LCP Christina Deneke/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
LK-486
ComNet Novice

LK-486

Post Number:  25
Total Posts:  121
July 5, 2006 11:12:00 PM    View the profile of LK-486 
LK-486 pried a crate open, and the metal lid popped off with a clatter. He examined the contents, while Evi and Jenna watched. LK-486 slowly slid a rubber glove over his hand, and picked up a clear plexiglass tube. In the tube was, to the naked eye, nothing. LK-486 nodded once.

"It appears to be a bacterial agent, sir. Judging from where it was found, of course, and the method of storage."

Evi nodded. "Makes sense."

Jennabelle took the vial from 486's hand. "We should take a sample back. We want to know what we're dealing with." She gingerly examined the tube.

LK-486 nodded. "Yes, we have no idea what sort of agent we're working with here. Clearly this is something of some scope. I doubt we shall find Ezjarl here, however."

Evi groaned. He had forgotten about that little rebel. "You mean we can't get two birds with one stone?"

LK-486 shook his head. "Negative, sir. Biological warfare does not strike me as Ezjarl's forte."

Eviscares took out his comlink. "We got weapons, Darr," he stated.

Darr-rann's voice crackled harshly over the line. "That's a bad sign. Report whatever you find to Rizzit. My group is still at work here. Darr out." The line crackled again.

Evis looked to his team mates. They still had more of the compound to explore as well.

LK-486 and Jen followed Evis out the door. There were still a few more rooms to explore&

-----------------------
Our Number Is Legion, Our Name Is Death!

There are eight lasers in the universe, and sometimes i control them all.

LK-486/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VEA/VE
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2117
  Before the Ceremony
July 5, 2006 11:46:16 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
After the close incident at the restaurant, the group decided to head back to the palace. It was a few hours before sunset; everyone needed to get into their "good" clothes to attend the Opening Rituals in stadium one. Having already inspected the stadium already, Rizzit's group had basically done their assignment. They all felt a little relaxation wouldn't be such a bad thing. When the group got back to the palace, Rizzit noticed someone sitting on his bed.

"I think you're a bit lost son. This is my bed."

"Oh, I'm not lost by all means. The name's Plasma. I'm here to make sure you guys get the mission done right."

"Riiighhhttt.....and you can ensure this because?"

"I'm the newest addition to the 'corps. Your men at the hangar directed me to wait here until you gave me further instructions. Personally, I don't see the need for all this undercover buisness. We're the empire! If people don't like us...deal with it."

Rizzit could tell that this new trooper was going to be a lot to handle. He apparently thought so much of himself and his role in the empire that it would affect his judgement. Well, with any luck he still follows orders. Rizzit decided to tread carefully when dealing with this one. The trooper DID need to learn his place, but at the same time they were on an undercover mission. Exposing themselves for the sake of putting someone in their place was not worth it in Rizzit's opinion.

"Well, as much as I'd like to sit down and explain everything to you I can't." Motioning to Sam as he spoke. "These is Sandwich Sam. He'll show you to your quarters and get you some decent clothes. We need to get ready for the Opening Rituals, so I unfortunately don't have much time to spare. Sam, bring him upto speed on things as well would ya?"

Sam nodded and walked into the other room with Plasma Hunter. Rizzit just shook his head. He had no time to worry about that though, he needed to get his good clothes on. Eventually, the other groups filed into the palace as well. Like Rizzit's group, they couldn't go to the games dressed in clothes they had been doing their undercover work in. Fresh, clean clothes were needed to preserve the spectator appearance.

Rizzit was no Jedi, but he could still feel the sense of excitement in the area. Everyone couldn't wait for the games to start. The newer members especially were excited that their first mission was one of great importance. Being on Euceron to watch the games as a bonus just added to their excitement. It was two hours away from the event, and everyone was almost ready to go. Once everyone was ready, they would head to Stadium One in groups. Walking down as one big crowd would just throw things off.

For the most part, this event was going to be the most relaxing of their duties on Euceron. With the exception of the Snipers that would be placed in the catwalks high up in the stadium, everyone would be sitting down watching the event like anyone else would. When his group was ready, Rizzit was going to take them with the exception of Typex and Rogueboy. They would go with Zafo's group to make it seem just a little bit larger.

Everything was arranged, yet still Rizzit couldn't help but feel a certain uneasiness about the upcoming event. They'd checked the stadium over as best they could, but it still felt like they missed something. Maybe not necessarily at the stadium, but somewhere in their travels over the past few days there had to be something that stood out yet was overlooked.So this is what they mean when they say "you're only human". You know you did everything you could, yet still feel you haven't done enough. Humanity...is it restricted solely to the race you are? Or is it merely a statement of your emotions and what kind of being you are? All these years and the brightest minds haven't figured it out. I doubt that I will in a matter of minutes...

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

Post Number:  134
July 6, 2006 12:33:32 AM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
Sam led Hunter down the hallway. After passing a few doors Sam stopped and opened a door on the right. "This is where you will be staying. Do you have civilian cloths?"

"I do but as I am sure you heard I don't like this undercover stuff," Hunter began.

"I heard, but because those are our orders we have to do it. Tonight are the opening ceremonies. You will need to dress nice. No official uniforms," Sam said, "The ceremonies are being held in stadium one. We are here to keep an eye out for any suspicious business. The ruling powers have had some problems with attempted assassinations. Our job is to make sure none of the ruling powers get killed and, as I said before, make sure nothing else happens."

Sam turned around to leave, but as he reached the door he stopped and turned. "By the way, welcome to the corps. The rest of your squad should be around sometime," Sam said and left.

Sam walked to the Dark Dragoons' quarters. He entered and went to gather his cloths for the ceremonies. He never really dressed up much at all, maybe for an event or ceremony that wearing his uniform was not required. He pulled out his black suit, shirt and orange tie. He hung them up on a door, where they would not get messed up. He then went and took a quick shower, then took a seat and decided to relax for a while before being called to go to the games.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"If I offended anyone by any previous statements, then well it sucks to be you. If I offend anyone with future statements then once again, it sucks to be you. Go cry to someone who cares." - Me

Musical Score
Sam - 1 Typex -0
daminga
ComNet Initiate

daminga

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  144
Total Posts:  242
July 6, 2006 5:05:50 PM    View the profile of daminga 
Daminga couldn't help but feel lost.  Walking down one of the many back streets of the city, he had only woken up an hour ago. 

I can't believe nobody missed me.  Then again if I someone hadn't had stolen my comlink, he thought angrily. 

After the squad had got done the bar Evis and Daminga, who were sharing a room had gone to get some sleep.  By three in the morning, Daminga knew he wasn't going to sleep at all. 

So much for spacelag or whatever they call it.

Finally, he decided to have a little look around.  He had gotten up, dressed, grabbed only his comlink and one of his knives and headed out the door to the street.  Wandering around in the streets he noticed this was one of the many cities that didn't sleep.

I still can't believe this is how life is off Namytan, he thought wondering about his home planet.  My people could never get used to this.

Like always when he was thinking about his home, his arm started to move to his back.  This is where the Namytians place the cross of their people.  He smiled upon remembering the meanings of the other tattoos on his thighs and shins.  In his village, he had been the best runner around.

I should go for a run soon.  It's been too long.

He finally began to feel exhausted.  Finding a sit at a table at an all night, open air bar, he placed his head on his arms and quiet quickly fell into a deep sleep.

This is where he had been for the entire day until one of the cute waitresses had wakened him.  He had quickly realized what had happened, thanked the young woman and left.  Not remembering which direction he had come from, he had just picked a direction and gone.  It was as he was walking that he realized someone had taken his comlink from his pocket.

Thank Father Sky they didn't find the knife.  I might need it by the end of this.

It was then that he noticed someone in the crowd he recognized.  It was Zafo from the Dark Dragoons, a squad he had briefly served with right out of the Academy. 

"Hey Zafo!" called Daminga.  Zafo head spun around when he heard his name.  It took him a minute or so to realized who this tall fella was as he walked up to him and his group.

"You know him?" asked Gio as he slipped his hand toward his blaster.

"Actually...yea," Zafo said smiling.

"How are ya Zafo?" asked Daminga when he had reached them.

"Alright I guess.  You lost or something? Where you suppose to be?"

"I don't even know where I'm at much less what's going on."

"Alright, well, guess the best thing to do is call up Rizzit with you comlink," Zafo said laughing.

"Yea...I kinda lost it somewhere."

Zafo gave him a stern look, "You serious?"

Feeling pretty stupid about the whole thing Daminga replied, "Um...yea."

Zafo tossed his to Daminga as he shook his head.  Daminga muttered his thanks.  Flipping it open, he called out to Rizzit.  When he had answered with a "What is it?"  Daminga knew this wasn't a good time.

"Colon...uh, Rizzit, it's Daminga."

"Who?" came a response.

"You know, I'm friends with Darr."

"Ooooh," Rizzit said understanding, "Ok, so what's going on?"

"Well, I got kinda lost.  What do you think I should do?"

"Is anyone near you?"

Daminga glanced at Zafo's group, who were standing a little bit off as to not attract too much attention with some many people in one group, "Yep, Zafo and friends.  This is his comlink I'm using." 

Oh shit, his eyes growing wide realizing what he had said.

"What do you mean his comlink? Where's yours?" Rizzit asked in a slightly irritated voice.

"Um...I miss located it at the moment,"  Daminga closed his eyes and prayed Rizzit would believe him for now.

"Uh huh," said Rizzit, "Stick with Zafo for now."

"Sure thing, thanks," answered Daminga with a sigh of relief.

-----------------------
Raiders
TRP/LCP Daminga/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

And when he gets to Heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
"One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell."

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood 1918
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited July 6, 2006 5:06:44 PM)]
Leon
ComNet Cadet

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  279
July 6, 2006 9:42:12 PM    View the profile of Leon 
Leon Looked at himself In the mirror. No, that's not me. It's someone else. He leaned over the counter staring more closely at himself. The reflection seemed to anger him, as if it were taunting him. For a second he let it control him, a feeling came over him that he had not experienced in a long time and then he snapped. "I WON'T LET YOU OUT AGAIN!"  Leon roared, he then brought his fist up and slammed his fist into where his face was. The mirror shattered, the loud clatter of broken glass falling on the floor. Leon left his fist there for a second, and then brought it back down to his side.

The sound of foot steps coming toward his apartment door alerted him. He put on a light blue sleeveless under shirt really quick and walked over to the door, waiting for who ever it was to knock. The footsteps stopped in front of the door, and then came a knock. He waited, just standing there until he heard the familiar voice of his Squad Leader.

"Leon, is everything alright. Are you ok?" Merrick asked with a concerned tone.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I accidentally knocked over this vase, looks expensive. I'm fine though, see you in a couple of minutes!" Leon said in an enthusiastic tone. He lied though; he didn't feel enthusiastic at all.

In a couple of minutes he was dressed. He went to go take a look at himself in a mirror that wasn't broken, and he thought he looked quite good. He wore a blue tunic with a light blue undershirt that could be seen from where the tunic splits up and follows the shoulders. The two colors contrasted with his eyes, making them stand out a lot more. On top of that, they were custom made from Nanosilk, which was an expensive, but comfortable silk. His pants were also a dark blue, which were tucked into his shin high blue boots. He then slid his silk cloak on. It was very light, and was dark silver. Since it was silk it also gave off a shine. He had managed to find some bandages in his duffle bag and had wrapped them around his left hand, which was in pretty bad shape. His index finger looked fractured, and his knuckles had been badly cut by pieces of glass.

Leon wished he felt the way he looked, but unfortunately he didn't. The image of the man standing outside of the diner was still fresh in his mind. His blood red eyes were the worst part. But another factor that put Leon in this mood was the fact that a side of him he thought was killed off long ago, was back. Leon would have to focus as much as he could on keeping it dormant, or else bad things would happen. Looks like he's back, and eager to get out. I just hope that doesn't happen. Leon thought to himself while knocking on Merrick's door.

A look of surprise spread across her face when she saw Leon. "Wow, I never new someone like you could dress so nice," Merrick said with a smirk. "But what do you want, I'm kind of busy and I've got to get dressed for the ceremony."

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to head off now. I'll wait for you guys at the gates, or who ever you're going with."

"Ok, see you soon then. Don't do anything stupid."

Don't worry I won't. The corridors of the palace were silent, the only sound Leon could hear were his footsteps echoing off the walls of the wide hallways. The garden was still as beautiful as always. If only life could be that beautiful. Thought Leon, a frown spreading across his face. For some reason, Leon felt something was wrong. It was to quiet, way to quiet for Leon's liking. He hurried his pace and when he rounded the corner, he came face to face with the red eyed man.

Shock came over Leon, which was shortly replaced by anger. "Who the hell are you?" Asked Leon, opening and closing his fists.

The man stayed silent, just staring at Leon with his blood red eyes. "You tell me." The man answered, his voice full of bass. "I could be someone you know, or not. Maybe, I'm someone you thought you killed a long time ago."

For some reason Leon wanted to kill the man but fought the urge. "Why are you following me? And what do you mean I killed you long ago?"

"You misunderstood me, I said maybe. And why I'm following you, maybe it's because I enjoy scaring you, but there's something about you..." He paused for a second, just staring at Leon. "Ahhhh, now I know. You have the eye's of a killer."

Leon lost it right there. He drew his Vibroblade and tried to stab him, but he dodged it with a quick step back. Before Leon could attack again, the man threw a bomb on the ground, exploding in smoke and he was gone.

Leon stared at where the man should have been, shocked at what had just happen. He clenched his fists, and looked down at the ground. Leon then took a couple of deep breaths, and headed off to the stadium, with another burden being placed on his shoulders.

Twenty minutes later

Once he got to the stadium gates, he waited for the others to get there. But he hoped they wouldn't be there for a while, he needed some time to think about what had just happened. Looks like things are gonna get pretty bad soon...and messy

-----------------------
NightStalkers
And so we go.
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited July 6, 2006 9:43:13 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2118
July 6, 2006 10:58:46 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Nearly an hour later

Everyone else had shown up to get in. Contrary to Rizzit's thinking that a large group would be conspicuous, it was just the opposite. So many people had shown up to get in, they just filed right into line. Rizzit wore his favorite teal tunic along with the usual pants and boots. It wasn't often that he got to wear anything outside an Imperial Uniform, but when he did: he took advantage of it. Naturally, there was a very long wait to get in regardless of where they were sitting. Even the VIP box where Rizzit was heading along with the other officers had its lines. The Ruling Power had invited Rizzit, Merrick, Kairo, Zafo, Trix, Garet, and Darr-Rann to the VIP Box as a dual-purpose. The first one was obvious: In the event there was an assassination attempt on their lives, they would have seven highly-capable Imperial Soldiers to protect them. The second reason was sort of a reward for offering to help Euceron during the time that the Galactic Games were being held. The Ruling Power felt that if the assassination attempts proved false, at least they would have given the Imperials some gratitude by allowing them to view the games in Luxury.

Rizzit stood with Merrick and Kairo in line. The others were either ahead of them, or in the stadium already. The three of them had gone last to give them time to ensure that the others weren't giving them away; a few of them already had a pension for doing that. Anxiousness had begun to take its toll on Rizzit. He had been standing for a while in line now, and it didn't even seem like the line was moving. There was only one thing Rizzit wanted to do: sit. Even Merrick was getting on edge. The line WAS moving, just very slowly. If we're having this hard of a time for the VIP Boxes, I wonder what kind of trouble the others are having at the other entrances? There were six entrances to the Stadium. Four were open to the public. Each seat was accessible through the entrances, no matter where you were sitting. The VIP boxes had only one entrance. There was only one entrance due to the lack of seats in the VIP section. Only a limited amount of people were granted access to them. A final entrance was reserved solely for the use of the participants in the games.

It had been over an hour. Rizzit thought it was more like four or five hours, but the sun was just beginning to set. Rizzit handed his ticket to the gate attendant, before being allowed access to his seat.

"Ahhh friends of Miss Sarano I take it? Yes, she had quite a large amount of tickets to hand out this year."

Rizzit simply stood there and nodded.

"The silent type eh? Very well. You may proceed." The attendant tore off a piece of Rizzit's ticked and waved him on.

Rizzit went past the attendant to notice a turbo lift. He entered the turbolift which brought him up to the VIP box. The box alone was huge, yet the stadium was enormous. There were twenty large, plush chairs in the box, which was much to everyone's liking. After the past few days of hardly any rest, it sure felt good to relax in a comfortable chair. Like the others before him, Rizzit was introduced to the nine other members of the Ruling Power and shook hands with each one:

There was of course, Concetta Sarano whom Rizzit already knew from his arrival on Euceron. She was sitting next to Bail Blacker, the eldest of the group. For his age, he looked relatively young; something that was becoming more and more common in this day and age. Schala Sandry was one of the more beautiful members on the council. Granted that aside from Concetta Sarano and Karei Nova, the other female on the council: there wasn't much competition. Clegg Gaspr had the firmest grip of the lot. He also had the best personality. Like Rizzit, he had just arrived: and already he was making jokes. Then there was Ferus Stormbringer, unlike the rest he seemed to keep to himself. He stood up to shake Rizzit's hand, but immediately sat back down to return to his thoughts or daydreams. Tru Mentzer was an intresting person to meet. He sent so many mixed signals it could fry a comlink. Jacen Alden was lazy, there were no two ways about it. Rather than standing up to shake hands, he gave Rizzit a wave. If he were any lazier, he would be asleep. Krug Rebar was another quiet one, yet he did talk when spoken to. The last one was Kenneth Mithus. Rather than shaking hands, he preferred to give out hugs: which made Rizzit and the others feel slightly uncomfortable. Yet he was a nice person, just a little odd.

After meeting all the Ruling Power, Rizzit literally plopped down in his chair. Kairo leaned in close and began to whisper.

"Don't get too comfortable now. We got some people to protect here."

"Relax. I'll be fine!"

When Kairo was done, Rizzit leaned over to Merrick. "What'd ya think of that Mithius or Mithuhs or whatever he's called? I think he's had too much to drink already."

"I think they all have, but that's not for us to decide."

Rizzit nodded and returned to relaxing. The games weren't due to start for a while due to the fact that there were still a lot of people to get seated. Rizzit gathered this information not from any visual display, because he didn't need one. He simply noticed that there had to be over 10,000 seats empty and the games wouldn't start until the arena was filled. Well, I'm finally here. I'm going to relax, this is more comfortable than my bed! I wonder what kind of seating the others have though. Little did Rizzit realize that outside the arena more was going on then any of them could have suspected. The gaurd he had met earlier was up to no good....

"Blackheart's just gone in. That makes about seven of them in the VIP Box alone. Maybe this isn't such a good idea boss."

"Yeah I know you call the shots and I follow orders! I'm just saying..."

"Allright! Allright! I'll report back when I know more!"

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
Rogueboy
ComNet Cadet

Rogueboy

Post Number:  272
Total Posts:  2089
July 7, 2006 12:54:33 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 

Rogueboy went into his room, and set across his bed was a technician uniform and fake ID. No matter what they say the staff here is incredibly efficient, Rogueboy changed into the uniform found it fitting but with no room for hidden "surprises" but it did come with an utility belt in which Rogueboy put a pair of vibroknuckles, try as he might Rogueboy was not able to fit in the second pair, giving up he put them back in their case and setting it down carefully in his weapons trunk. Rogueboy grabbed the safety helmet and set it on his head, as he was leaving his room he glanced back longingly at his weapons trunk wishing he could carry a secondary ranged weapon. Rogueboy left the room and began walking towards the arena.

Rogueboy arrived at the arena he entered through the workers entrance passing by security and other technicians a few of them looking at the slight limp in his left foot. Rogueboy continued walking up to the rungs and began his slow steady climb up, trying to keep his weight off his injured foot when he reached the broken rung he pulled himself skipping the rung and preventing possibly increasing the damage to himself, when he reached the catwalks he proceeded towards his already set up Whisper sniper rifle. Rogueboy began checking his sniper rifle for any tampering, during his absence, taking the slug throwers out he began to individually check all fifteen bullets in case they were replaced by blanks, bullets are good, now lets check the barrel, the barrel was not obstructed by anything. One last place to check Rogueboy than checked the hammer, clean as a whistle. The crowd below began chanting in anticipation for the opening ceremonies Rogueboy took this as an advantage to talk to Rizzit over his comlink.

"Rizzit, I'm in position."

"Roger, try not to kill any innocents."

"Copy that, how about that ugly guy on your left?"

"It might improve his looks but not worth the scene."

Rogueboy chuckled, all the meanwhile surveying the crowd below looking for any possible signs of trouble, picking out targets and giving them nicknames. I'll call you Gigi Rogueboy thought to himself picking out a man wearing a black robe and matching hood, your name is longhair, a green Twi'lek with unusually long lekku.

An announcer began a long speech, telling the history of the Games and boring the audience, until the explosions sounded. Rogueboy alerted by the sound of bombs immediately aimed his sniper to where they were coming from only to discover it was the entrance of the athletes holding a flag from their native planets, just than an athlete pulled out a slug thrower and aimed it an athlete and fired Rogueboy took aim and was about to fire until...A starter gun? There were enough false alarms in this arena to set every security guard on edge as well as a few Imperial troops.

The crowd began to settle down as the referees were presented, a few outstanding athletes were introduced all the while the holographs and pyrotechnics were running on. Rogueboy started taking glances at the seats of his "named" Gigi was nowhere to be seen and longhair was still at his seat watching the celebrations.

Rogueboy used his comlink. "If anyone sees a man wearing a dark robe and dark hood reveal his position, don't do anything I'm just keeping my eye on him."

LK's voice sounded over the comlink. "I'm currently standing next to a bunch of men in that description, only exception they're priests to one of the local deities. I'm in section F666."

Rogueboy used his sniper to look at every single one of the priests but could not find Gigi.

Crap.

-----------------------
He will give them death, and they will love him for it -Gladiator

TRP/PFC_Rogueboy/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Phenix
ComNet Novice

Phenix

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  98
Total Posts:  186
July 7, 2006 1:50:57 AM    View the profile of Phenix 
OOC: Phenix, this post will be considered void due to the fact that you and darr cannot be in the same room seeing as he's seperated from you. Those that read this...please ignore it.
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited July 7, 2006 11:40:35 AM)]
Leon
ComNet Cadet

Leon

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  282
July 7, 2006 10:26:25 AM    View the profile of Leon 
It's been twenty minutes, and I still haven't seen anyone. Maybe there heading through the other entrances. Leon couldn't wait any longer, and walked into the line full of spectators. Leon was on full alert, looking for any sign of the red eyed man. Unfortunately, he was nowhere to be seen in line.

Ten minutes later.

The stadium was packed, and the ceremonies were about to begin. Leon pulled out his COM link, and contacted Rizzit. "Rizz, I'm inside the stadium. Where are you guys I haven't seen anyone yet."

"Sorry bout that Leon, were in the VIP box, your SL is with us to. Any suspicious activity?"

Leon took a pause before answering. Rizzit was a good friend of his, and someone he could trust. "Well, remember that guy I saw outside the diner? The red eyed man, well guess what, I had another encounter with him inside the palace. He's dangerous Rizzit, I can tell. I tried to get him, but he threw some kind of bomb on the ground that exploded into smoke, and he was gone. He also mentioned something about him knowing me. Or that's at least what I thought he said."

"Hmmm, that's strange. Well I'll contact Rogueboy and tell him to keep a lookout for him. So for now, just have a seat, or I can give you a little assignment," said Rizzit, a little bit of excitement pouring into his tone.

"Yea I would like that. I'm ready for anything you throw at me," Leon replied, a bit of cockiness seeping into his tone.

"Good, I kind of expected that. Rogueboy is watching out from above, he's sniping and he spotted a mysterious black cloaked man. I need you to keep a lookout for him and when you find him, report back to me. In the meantime, tell Rogueboy you'll help him out. That's all for now, good luck Leon and may the force be with you."

"Roger that Rizzit and you to."

Leon sat down for a second to take a breather. All of the stress was getting to him, and he needed a little break. After five minutes, he pulled out his COM link and contacted Rogueboy.

"Rogueboy, it's me Leon. Rizzit asked me to help you look for that cloaked guy. Where was it you last saw him?"

"I saw him by the third entrance, by the way man, nice outfit," Rogueboy said, a little bit of chuckling following.

"Thanks, I'm heading over there right now."

The sound of a gun made Leon jump, but it just turned out to be the starting of the ceremony. The crowd went nuts when the athletes came out of the entrances, and then quieted down once they begun there speeches. Leon zoned everything out, just trying to find any sign of the cloaked man.

"Any sign of him yet?" Rogueboy asked.

"Not yet, I'm at the third entrance and he's nowhere to be seen. I'm going to slip into these hallways really quick, and try and find him."

"Alright, be careful,"

"Don't worry I will," Leon lied, when was he ever careful?

The stadiums hallways were similar to the palace, but not as nice. A few people wondered around, some guards on full alert. But no sign of the cloaked man. Right when Leon was about to head back to the stadium, he heard some talking coming from the opposite way he had walked down. And to Leon's relief, it was the cloaked man. Leon quickly walked to the other side of the hallway and started walking towards the man, the pillars covering him up. He was talking into a hush COM link, but Leon couldn't hear what he was saying because of the white noise surrounding it.

Leon quickly pulled out his Treppus Vibroblade and walked over to the pillar that the man was standing in front of. Leon quietly snuck up from behind the man, and then quickly brought the blade to his throat, and pulled him to the side of the pillar.

"Listen buddy, I'm not in the mood for games right now, so listen carefully. I work for a crime syndicate called The Blackhearts," Leon smiled at the name he made up from Rizzit's last name. "Now, I'm going to give you my COM link, and your going to tell my partner everything you know, got that?"

"Y-yes I got it, just don't kill me," said the man, his voice quavering from fear.

"Then don't lie, now let's get down to business."

Leon pulled out his Hush COM link, and put it in front of the mans mouth. "Tell me everything you know..."

-----------------------
NightStalkers
And so we go.
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited July 7, 2006 10:26:46 AM)]
LK-486
ComNet Novice

LK-486

Post Number:  27
Total Posts:  121
July 7, 2006 11:28:51 AM    View the profile of LK-486 
LK-486 examined the priests. He saw nothing wrong with them, but kept an eye on them per Rougeboy's request. He patted his pistol. Still in the comfortable position under his jacket.

The roar of the crowd filled his ears. It reminded him of guard posts he'd stood before, way back on Tatooine. He shook his head once, shaking loose the memories that cluttered his vision. He needed to focus on the here and now. He glanced back at the priests, inconspicuously watching them. They seemed remarkably laid back, making lewd jokes and eating their snacks. LK-486 shrugged. Nothing matched the discipline of a stormtrooper.

One of the priests had left earlier, but 486 had paid him no mind. He presumably had to use the restroom. Besides, LK-486's real mission was to scout out for Ezjarl. His whole squad was on standby, looking for the scum. Ezjarl had mentioned something of Krovatin Stadium&they weren't in Krovatin Stadium currently, so LK-486 felt he had nothing to fear.

But still. Ezjarl was wily. LK-486 glanced over at the priests again. The one who had been missing was back. LK-486 nodded, glad that the man had returned.

He looked over the stadium and tried to find troopers he recognized. He could find none. Fortunately, he had his comlink. He was grateful for it. He tried watching what was going on in the field, but his mind was not really interested. As a trooper, his only interest was his guard station.

He stood smartly at attention. Some civilians giggled as they passed him, and realized he was failing the stealth portion of the mission. He adjusted his posture to a more casual one, and the giggles ceased as people stopped paying attention to him. He held his ground as he watched more and more people pour in from the outside.

He had eyes for one person alone, however&

-----------------------
Our Number Is Legion, Our Name Is Death!

There are eight lasers in the universe, and sometimes i control them all.

LK-486/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VEA/VE
Garet Daimun
ComNet Member

Garet Daimun

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  622
Total Posts:  1348
July 7, 2006 12:01:28 AM    View the profile of Garet Daimun 
As the soldiers headed into the VIP lounge, Garet pulled Kairo aside. Garet looked around for anyone before he started talking. There were still some people trickling in from the turbo lift, but they wouldn't pay any attention.

"I think I'll stay out here," Garet said, peering into the luxury box.

"Sarano scares you too, huh?" Kairo said quietly with a smile.

"No. It's this whole situation. Bombs, terrorists, assassination- it just makes me uneasy. Being with the Ruling Powers doesn't help. I think if I guard the door it would be better. Besides, I can see the Opening Ceremonies from here." Garet pointed up to two screens that were currently viewing the crowd. "Projectors for the VIP area."

Kairo looked and gave an approving smile. "Thanks," he said, and went in. The door closed behind him and Garet took a seat on the floor next to the door.

Garet could barely see the turbo lift from his spot on the ground. The VIP area ran the length of the stadium, but the Ruling Powers' box was close to the exit. It was decorated in fashion to the Palace with soothing paint tones with plants and statues here and there; it was dimly lit to fit the decor. No cameras though, which Garet found odd. Occasionally, a loud roar or a bang would come from the stadium. Garet jumped a little at these, knowing that an assassination could come from anywhere.

About forty-five minutes passed before anything happened and Garet was falling asleep. The lights in the hall started getting dimmer; Garet thought it was just him. Then, the two screens went black. Garet stood up: the turbo lift was moving and the lights kept getting dimmer. Garet tried to open the door to the box, but he didn't have the code to open it. He started knocking on the door, trying to get someone's attention, but then he noticed that the crowd was going crazy and remembered, They're introducing the participants!

Garet looked back at the turbo lift trying to cool himself down. By now, the lights were almost non-existent. The crowd's roar kept going. Then the turbo lift door slid open, and the lights went out. Garet took off his sunglasses to try to adjust to the darkness. This situation seemed familiar.

Sarano's room!

As he though this, he felt something grab his should and arm and then flip him into the wall. The attack made him lose his breath, and he flinched on the ground as he tried to get up. Garet got to his knees and his comlink popped out of his jacket. It made enough light for him to see his attacker. He was clad in black that covered his entire body, even the face; and it was unusually tall. Garet got up and got ready to fight.

---

The Ruling Powers seemed awed at the Opening Ceremonies, but the troopers had other things to worry about. They were concentrating on the crowd and the sky. Rizzit occasionally got on his comlink and gave orders, but besides that the soldiers were quiet. They didn't even seem to realize Garet wasn't there. It wasn't until Zafo looked over to Darr that he realized there was an empty seat. Darr hadn't realized, giving his attention to other things. Zafo leaned over to Darr to ask.

"Have you seen Garet at all? I mean, after we got in here."

Darr looked over and saw the empty seat. The two almost communicated telepathically as the rushed to the door.

---

Garet thought it was the end. It was the same as the last encounter with assassins: the were uncannily fast in the darkness. Almost as soon as the fight began the figure had Garet from the back. He was forced to the ground and flipped over and the figure pressured its knee into Garet's neck. Garet tried to lift the massive joint, but the figure was just too strong. Then, light poured into the hall as the luxury box door slid open. The assailant pulled his knee off, and threw itself away, obviously unprepared for this. Garet weakly pushed himself away as he took in huge breaths of air. Two people rushed out of the box and tackled the figure into the wall. The door closed behind them, and there was darkness again. The next thing Garet heard was two thumps and grunting.

The lights slowly grew brighter. Garet could breathe again, but he was stunned. Two people helped him up to a sitting position and propped him on the wall. Muffled words fileld Garet's head, and blurry movements crossed his eyesight. His head bobbled, trying to come back to reality. He caught control of himself and looked up.

"You ok?" asked one of the people.

Garet nodded, still shell shocked.

"Come on, let's get you inside," the voice continued. As they helped Garet up, blood rushed back to his brain and he realized who they were.

"Zafo, Darr! Did you get that thing?" Garet asked pulling himself away.

"Well," Darr started, Garet sighed, "We got a couple hits on 'im, but he ran. It was freaky, he was really fast."

"It's the darkness," Garet said rubbing his head, "it aids them some how."

"First things first though. We need to get you inside." Zafo motioned for Garet to come. Zafo walked up to the door and stood there, expecting it to open. He looked over to the key pad and his head dropped. "Aw crap..." Behind them, the screens came back on.

-----------------------
Jester Squad
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

SL/GSGT Garet Daimun/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2C]

"I don't need a plan. Plans are for scientists, and builders. I've got moxie... and guns."
-Jennifer Mui, Mercenaries
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

Post Number:  2119
July 7, 2006 12:57:15 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
When everyone had been seated, a few fireworks had gone up to signal the start of the ceremony. All attention was fixed on a Euceronian woman in the center of the arena. For those who could not see her very well, there were holoscreens hovering high above which were eye-level with the upper rows. With all attention fixed on her, she began to address the crowd.

"Greetings! I'd like to welcome you all to this year's Galactic Games Competition. For those of you that aren't aware, the Galactic Games are held once every seven years on a different planet each time. Planetary systems compete for the right to host the 'games on their planet. Aside from the increased profits that the planet would accumulate due to the increased tourism: it is a great honor to host the games. This tradition has gone on since the first Galactic Games Competition on Berun in 33 BBY. For the second time in the history of the games, this year's competition will be held on the lovely planet of Euceron!"

The crowd began to cheer wildly. Most of them were simply just caught up in the excitement of being at the Opening Rituals of the Galactic Games. There were others, who were happy that the 'games returned to Euceron either because they liked the planet, or it was their homeplanet. This didn't prevent the woman from speaking though, it encouraged her.

"For those that don't know me: I'm Maxine Vista. If you haven't heard of me, I'm sure you heard of my ancestor: Maxo Vista. The last time the 'games were held here, he was a competitor as a Euceronian Athlete."

As if it were possible for the cheering to increase, the cheers turned to roars. Many people worshipped Maxo Vista in his time for his excellent athletic abilities. What they didn't know, was he was responsible for the death of timekeeper Aarno Dering. He was never tried or convicted thanks to Bog Dividian, who refused to testify.

"I thank you for your respect. I'd like to introduce this year's timekeeper for the games: Jaden Dering."

Maxine was joined by a tall, Euceronian Man who began to address the crowd immediately.

"As I'm sure most of you have noticed, many of us have ancestors that were involved in the last competition on Euceron in some way. My ancestor was the official timekeeper for the games and was murdered as part of a sabotage plan. I have assurances that this competition will have no room for plans of any sort. Security has increased by the tenfold, and any plans will be thwarted."

The crowd went silent. While they were happy that security was so tight, it saddened them to learn the fate of Jaden's ancestor.

"Now, allow me to explain how things will work. Over the next three days there will be eight events that will take place. On the fourth and final day, the Closing Rituals will be held along with the announcement of the winners. With the exception of the last two days there will be an event at daybreak, mid-day, and sun-down. The first event tomorrow will be the Blaster Competition in Stadium Two. With the exception of the Krovatin and Sparring Events: all of the events will be timed. All of the events however will be judged. Allow me to introduce our Judge: Cyrus Neddas."

A slim Twi'Lek male walked to the center of the stadium to join Maxine and Jaden.

"Greetings everyone. As Jaden here has said I will be judging the events. I will be basing them off of two things: the time it took the contestant to finish AND their accuracy. For example in tomorrow's blaster event, if someone hits all the targets the fastest but had several misses: the one who had no misses might win if the time was close enough. As a treat, I'd like to introduce one of our contestants and only one. This person is a part of the Imperial Factio--"

Cyrus was interrupted by the crowd. Rather than the normal cheering, the crowd had reverted to a round of "boos" when it was mentioned that this was an Imperial. Nevertheless, Cyrus had to finish honoring their guest. He attempted to shout above the crowd.

"As I was saying, this person is a part of the Imperial Faction and will competing in our Krovatin Competition. Please welcome Major General Cosmic Vor'soth of the Vast Empire!"

The boos became louder as Cosmic walked to the center of the stadium. He didn't say anything, just waved. On the other side of the stadium, Rizzit could see Typex cheering "Way to go Cos! WOOHOO!" until Leon went over and put his hand over Typex's mouth. In the VIP box, Rizzit just shook his head as he cursed under his breath only to be heard by Merrick and Kairo.

"Damn fool. He's gonna blow our cover! He knows that hardly anyone has a love for the empire."

The boos turned to silence, which was followed by some slight cheering. Apparently, the crowd decided that it was going to be a good match even with the Imperial in it. If all worked well they figured, they'd get to see him beat to a pulp. Cosmic walked out of the arena and Maxine began to speak again.

"Thank you all for attending. Now that the competition has been explained to you, please enjoy the fireworks and other festivities that we have planned for you to enjoy. Enjoy the competition!"

-----------------------
Army of the Vast Empire
CC/PC/COL
RK
ComNet Novice

RK

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  56
Total Posts:  823
July 7, 2006 2:13:04 PM    View the profile of RK 
RK just got seated he was a little late, but hey that was part of his life.Well, atleast I won't miss the games.RK looked around the stadium he could see people and aliens of all different races and colors, the worst part was some of the vakarri where here. Great, All I can say is if they have anything do with this they won't see another daylight.  RK looked straight across to see his cousin and his guard sitting right next to Typex.
The fire works display had just started, there where ones that just look like shooting star's, regular ones and ones that where squared.If someone tried an attack, know one would have a damn clue.Well, atleast RK was keeping his eyes and ears open.
When they finally had the last of the fireworks everyone was getting paranoid everytime they heard a loud boom, some even walked out of the stadium, fearing it was an attack.Figures, you hear on little sound that sound like a thermal detonator going off, you duck under chairs. When the fireworks finally where finished, they gave the final speeches and all. When RK looked up he saw Typex pointing towards the exit, RK took a glance and saw that Joey was being dragged out of the stadium by his guard and another heavy set guy.Man, just when you think nothing can go wrong.
RK stood up nodded to typex and ran out of the stadium after them.
20 minutes later
RK almost lost sight of them as the rounded a bend. Why is it always my family that gets the beating. RK had no clue what there intentions where but he knew he had to stop those intentions fast or Joey could end up dead.
"RK, where did you go?"Rizzit asked over the comlink.
"Umm, family business." RK choked, What do you tell your superior to get away with something.
"Get back here now, whatever it is it can wait."
"Not if it involves to mad men and one with a sniper rifle."
"Oh, in that case."
"I thought you would see it my way."
RK turned off his comlink and looked up only to see that they had dissapeared.
"Great, now what?" RK thought out loud.Where would they have gone.
Just as if the answer came out of thin air, a hand grabbed him by the arm and pulled him into a back alley way.
"Who are you?" the cloaked stranger said.
"Ryan Kenobi, that kid you have is my cousin." RK replied trying not to give away to much information.
"Well, then you had better come with me."
RK had no clue what these guys had in mind, but he hoped he was going to live to find out
Hour later.
"Alright, tell me again who you are." The stranger, Joey's guard, asked again
"Ryan Kenobi." RK replied
"What is your job?"
"Podracer, my cousin was providing a pod for me, but you have him so.."
"Never mind him."
"Well, I don't see why you need him."
"He know to much if he tells the Imperials about are plan where doomed."
That was it RK knew they where involved, the first time he saw him he knew he was involved.
"Let me guess going to asassinate a couple people, and then your "team" or people can win or am I wrong."
"In time you will know what is going to happen."
With that he led RK to a cell, also holding Joey.
"You know what, if I wasn't your cousin. I would have killed you by now."RK said terror in his voice.
"Alright, I made a mistake." Joey was scared, RK thought he was going to faint.
"Let's just get out of here first then I will let the Imperials take care of you."
RK turned his comlink on to see if he could get a hold of anyone. When  he finally got a hold of Rizzit, Rizzit wasn't very happy with him.
"RK! Where are you?"Rizzit was furious.
"In a cell, with my cousin."RK said.
"Alright, I'll send someone to find you, leave your comlink on will trace off of it."
"That must mean I should sit tight.
"Yeah, and  also if i get my hands on you..."
"Alright, I get it"
RK set his comlink on the floor and went to sleep.
-----------------------
Jester Squad
[This message has been edited by RK (edited July 7, 2006 2:17:22 PM)]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited July 7, 2006 6:30:18 PM)]
Jakireth
ComNet Veteran

Jakireth

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  1157
Total Posts:  1356
July 7, 2006 2:48:13 PM    View the profile of Jakireth 
Save for the roaring of some of the younger security members, the Imperial team was relatively still, and extremely quiet. Jakireth's eyes darted about, looking for any sign of irregularity. The Euceron-born fans were mainly well-mannered, except for a few getting pulled into the chaos of cheers and boos from the off-worlders. But it was the Euceronians that had his full attention, as their job was to make certain that no harm came to the host worlds inhabitants, and if all possible, the competitions spectators as a whole.

Terrorism was a growing problem that encompassed the history of the Games, as there was a highly competitive tradition to the events that played out over the five predetermined days. Vicious attacks have been made on athletes; harmless squabbles taken place between those looking on and supporting their faction.

"Nice display, ain't it?" A nearby on-looker observed.

Jakireth nodded, offering a warm smile as he gazed towards the fireworks booming off in the sky, "Definitely, sir, best I've seen in a while."

The man turned, surveying his neighbor. "Really? Where you from?"

"Denon, sir, City 18. The inner districts police don't allow entertainment like this."

His acquaintance nodded, a look of compassion spreading quickly across his face, "That's a shame, son, but I know the feeling. I didn't necessarily grow up in a great area either... By the way, names Kenan," He put out a hand.

Jakireth matched the gesture and shook hands, biting his lip at how he had to lie to keep their cover safe. Especially when this man simply confided such things as childhood in him after a few simple sentences.

"Garrick," He replied, not seeing any real danger in giving out his birthname, even under the scrutiny of such an important job, "And I hope you enjoy the events, sir, I myself must be going."

"Gonna grab a closer seat for the blaster showcase?"

Jakireth lowered his opposite hand, brushing the area where his weapon was concealed; he wanted to check on things in Stadium Two before everything got started.

"Something like that."

-----------------------
NightStalkers
Army of the Vast Empire
------------------------
ASL/SGT Jakireth/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA[LoR]
Rep/Reporter Jakireth/NewsRep: 2/News Division/VET/VE
Darr-Rann
ComNet Member

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  741
Total Posts:  1587
July 7, 2006 4:47:25 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann sat back. He couldn't relax. Especially after the attack on Garet. And the biological weapons they had found wouldn't help things.

The leaders haden't been there. This is what disturbed Darr-Rann the most. If they weren't there, it meant they still had a chance to do something else. He scanned the audience, looking for any threats. After a few seconds he gave up, realizing it was hopeless. He was too far away to see any of them without electronbinoculars.

Darr-Rann would have taken out his datapad and checked his messages, but he didn't want to on a unsecured holonet connection. Especially on a world were if they found out you were imperial, your death was assured. Overall he felt pretty paranoid at the moment.

Darr-Rann got up. "I need to take a walk." Zafo shook his head. "Too dangerous. I dont want to have to save you like we did for Garet." Darr-Rann sighed and sat back down.

This wasn't the first time Darr-Rann had been to the Galactic games. When he was younger, his father had brought him and Jad to see the games. He had been bored by it, as he would rather be actually racing on speeders with his friends in the slums then sitting up there watching people race.

He hated been a rich kid. He was fairly well off now, but he didn't care about the money that much. He hated the whole seperation between classes. Why would having money make you a better person then someone else? The luxury box reminded him of that. He would rather be sitting around among the rest of the spectators.

"So boring..." Zafo said, streching and laying back in his chair. Darr-Rann inwardly agreed with him. He almost wanted something big to happen.

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|FL/CPO_Demonic/Kaph 5/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(VC:B)
SERGEANT
CHIEF PETTY OFFICER
one of few - A vast Empire medic
Read Losses of Vandetta by me and Hellra
Flashmaker
daminga
ComNet Initiate

daminga

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  145
Total Posts:  242
July 7, 2006 5:17:53 PM    View the profile of daminga 
"Greetings! I'd like to welcome you all to this year's Galactic Games Competition..." Maxine Vista was saying.

As the ceremonies were beginning, Daminga had decided to wonder around the stadium. 

Nothing much going on around here besides these people about the riot over the games, he thought. 

As the announcements continued Daminga realized the crowd was booing at something and caught a familiar name.

"Please welcome Major General Cosmic Vor'soth of the Vast Empire!"

Daminga joined in with the crowd as the boos came again

Hey, I'm under cover.  Plus that was fun, smiling as he continued his rounds.

-----------------------
Raiders
TRP/LCP Daminga/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

And when he gets to Heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
"One more soldier reporting sir,
I've served my time in hell."

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood 1918
[This message has been edited by daminga (edited July 7, 2006 5:18:23 PM)]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Initiate

Sandwich Sam

Post Number:  139
July 7, 2006 11:56:11 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
--- entering the stadium ---

Sam stood in line to enter the stadium. He was standing next to CJ, a new recruit that had came in with Hunter on the public transport. CJ seemed somewhat nervous.

"So, how was your flight in?" Sam asked CJ suddenly.

"Me? It was ok for public transport," CJ replied a bit startled.

"This is on heck of a line isn't it," Sam asked taking a step forward.

"Yeah it is," CJ replied.

--- Thirty minutes later ---

Sam and CJ had finally made it into the stadium. "Just stick with me for now," Sam said with the intent to not lose CJ in the crowd. They had to push their way through a mass of people waiting line for concessions, the few that were open, and those just trying to find their seats.

Sam and CJ finally made it to their seats just as the ceremony began. The first speaker spoke for a while and was followed by two more. The last one had recognized Cosmic and the crowd showed their dislike for his organization.

Sam looked over at CJ, whom looked as though he was about to begin to cheer for Cosmic. "Don't do it," Sam said quickly. Sam then began to join the crowd in their booing. CJ took the hint and did the same.

After a few moments, Cosmic made his exit and the first speaker came back on. She greeted everyone again and spoke about the festivities that were prepared for everyone to enjoy.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

"If I offended anyone by any previous statements, then well it sucks to be you. If I offend anyone with future statements then once again, it sucks to be you. Go cry to someone who cares." - Me

Musical Score
Sam - 1 Typex -0
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  357
Total Posts:  814
July 8, 2006 8:10:15 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Upon entering the stadium, Jenny met up with KnightWind, who looked surprised to see her.

"Jenny! You look absolutely cool, nice jacket; I love what you are wearing tonight." Knightwind commented, as they both chuckled at the remark. Jenny blushed a bit and then continued:

"Please, it's for the undercover thing, I would have dressed like a goddess, but then again, I'm not at a ball."

Jenny saw Knightwind grin before he reminded: "Well, let's hope we're not too late. Ladies first."

---------30 minutes later--------

Finally making their way to their seats, Jenny found herself in a sprint with KnightWind as to who can make it to their seats, an odd sight, it seemed for some of the spectators also making their way to their seats, for they stopped in their track, and watching in awe, as if seeing some amazing bungee jump made by an amateur.

Jenny, beating KnightWind there, laughed while looking at his beat up body lean up against the seat, trying to catch his breath. This was why she loved to race someone else, she almost always win, except that one time.

It was a cool morning when Jenny was taking a daily run from her parents' house to meet up with a friend, who also loved running like Jenny and promised to run with her. On meeting with this friend, Jenny was worried because she had seen some men dressed in black headed toward her house, so shrugging off her friend, she raced back to the house, only to find a firefight erupting and her house invaded, all too late, and Freje was also in there, trapped.

That was the one time her opponent had won, when she was totally off guard. Jenny snapped out of memory and into reality, where KnightWind had just settled himself into the seat next to Jenny's.

"You okay? Looks like you where reliving some past memories, really bad ones." Knightwind said oddly, trying to figure what was going on with Jenny. Jenny reassured KnightWind:

"Please, KnightWind, if you're going to be a fortune-teller, you might as well be one, because you're very good with the eyes." Jenny joked as she explained what had gone on in her head.

"The one time you had lost in racing and that was the morning of your parents' death, how tragic, I can tell you've been through a lot those years. The newspaper always reserved a page for your action, on page 4, starting with your parents' death and ending with the assassins' deaths and the senator's death, senator Cornek, was it?"

"Yes, a really powerful and evil dictator almost, the man had authority in his eyes, he was strong in every way, and his looks told of a man who would kill you with his own bare hands if he had to. His speciality, is killing the resistance striving among society, especially imperials, he loved to send those men against my parents and killing them, Melke and Corin's parents also, too much of a thorn at his side, a man filled with hatred and cruelty." Jenny told KnightWind as they listened to the speaker finishing to addressing about the festivities.

then Jenny just broke down as if she could stand it, always being tough and buff, inside, she always cried, for if she was there, her parents wouldn't have died. Melke and Corin felt the same.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 8, 2006 8:26:21 AM)]
Trix
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  67
Total Posts:  136
July 8, 2006 8:21:14 AM    View the profile of Trix 
Trix stifled a snicker at the audience's display of fondness towards Cosmic. Cosmic however from where Trix was seated didn't seem too fazed. Digging in her pockets she searched for her small minuscule micro-binoculars she bought with. Despite their size, they were quite sharp and strong, able to pick up the slightest movements from a distance such as five-hundred meters easily before blurring. Of course walking around with binoculars of that league was most commonly find for military purposes so Trix made sure it was fitted to petite and slender. Perfect for a lady such as her self who needed visual aid.

As the fireworks started Trix noticed some of the troopers she could manage to spot seeming jumpy at the sounds. She glanced at her old Squad Leader, Darr-Rann seemed bored with it however. Right beside him Merrick and Rizzit sat. She had a suspicion they were complotting on the various methods to kill the trooper who dared cheering Cosmic on in public.

As she guided the binoculars from the fireworks to the audience, she met with the back of Evis' (now dark) hair, with its lightly tinted blue highlights. Right at that moment the latter turned around starring at her directly before he waved. Trix refrained from replying to the wave, due to blowing their covers. Her eye however, caught a man being dragged out of the stadium, she was about to turn it back to the fireworks when she noticed one of the Storm platoon troopers rushing out of the same exist.
After them she assumed dryly.
"Jakireth, I assume you know RK just left through Exit 7. Try and follow him. I'll follow you. " She ordered  trough the ComLink. Casually she stood up and took the seat behind Rizzit before leaned over to him.
"RK, just left" she said in a hushed tone.
"I know. I already talked with him via ComLink. Mad men and Sniper rifles. Going after him?"
"Already sent Jak after him. Rk should know its foolish running after sniper rifles alone. I'm going with, and see what this is about." replied Trix.  Rizzit nodded with folded arms.
"Good, I'll keep an eye out here, contact me on hour basis. If I don't hear from you. I'll send backup."
"Right away. " Trix nodded, she quickly passed Darr-Rann and dropped the binoculars in his lap before asking the nearest attending waiter directions to the bathroom even though she memorized the outlay of the stadiums the day before. Still, it didn't hurt blending in her act. Once inside the bathroom she quickly changed in one of the stall in more comfortable clothing. A plain beige tunic, with the normal accessories belt and credit pouch as usually seen on citizen, she tucked her light brown pants in the dark, almost onyx boots, making sure, that the small dagger hidden in the side of the boot was hidden by the heavily creased fabric. She found dressing in shades of brown made it easier blending in with the local urban cities found on the planet.

"Jak, where are you?" she asked as soon as she set foot outside the exit.
"First turn to the left Silence is golden."
"Shut-up and get rich." she replied with a grin. The conversation if it was being listened in, could easily mistaken for small chat, and she was trying to keep it there.

-----------------------

PA/CPL Trix/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
Jester Squad
[This message has been edited by Trix (edited July 8, 2006 8:23:27 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Trix (edited July 8, 2006 8:50:33 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  358
Total Posts:  814
July 8, 2006 9:14:45 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
"Corin Mothant, everyone, Corin Mothant, the reigning blaster skills champion in Corescant."

"What? What is my sister's boyfriend doing in these parts, unless&."

And, as if on cue, Jenny saw Melke Mothant come over to kiss her, with Freje, following, watching and listening to the speaker talk about her boyfriend. Jenny showed them to their seats next to Jenny as she said excitedly:

"Nice of you guys to join us, I feel as if my friends can't always forget me, how are you guys?"

"Well, Freje and Corin are swoopers, currently taking a break; Corin's doing this Blaster Skills event for Freje, hoping to win whatever prize to send to her as a bit of an wedding present. Speaking of which, how are you?" Melke explained the situation as Jenny quickly blushed on the question, remarking:

"Oh stop it, Melke, you're always trying to get a way to talk about us, when the Vast Empire has tired me, and the Imperial Intelligence has tired you." Jenny then went back looking serious as she went back to staring at Corin, who announced to the whole crowd:

"Thank you, Aeia, for those kind words. I welcome all of you here to the games, I come as a person seeking a prize in which to hand to my lady maiden in the crowd. I trust that you all know me, whether as friends or enemies. I have been through a difficult crisis, caught up in a weird conspiracy that ended with the deaths of my family and the deaths of my fiancé's family.

"It was a time when we had to stand up, whether we liked it or not, we had to stand up for one side and one side only, and that was family, your blood and what you were born from, the imperials." Boos from the crowd only made some friends of Senator Cornek throw bottles, beer cans, and silverware at the center of the stadium, while some police tried to contain the disorder. Corin only smiled and went on.

"So, this is what it has come to, hatred between the rebels and imperials increases, while I've got bottles, cans and silverware thrown at me, I guess we're lucky to have Eucador on our side, being it the host of these magnificent games. I take my bow as the first contestant to introduce myself to these games, thank you all!"

"Well, what an interesting turn of events, watch out!" Freje said quickly as a particular nasty blow landed on KnightWind's head, while some police personnel holded their batons and shields against the overwhelming crowd of imperial haters, who were trying to fight their way to the conspirators of the murder of Senator Cornek.

"Jenny to Rizzit. I've got an emergency situation, I need help on the double, we've got a disorder in the crowds, the police are trying to hold them back, but it's too much, call anyone in the immediate area." Jenny contacted in hopes of getting an answer from Rizzit. The response came right away, and judging by the voice, he was not pleased.

"This is Rizzit. I hope your boyfriend Melke's brother is satisfied. These people must really hate imperials and only had it worse by his speech. This is not going to end well. Standby, I'm contacting everyone available. Try to help the police as best as you can."
Rizzit signed off as Jenny prepared herself for hand-to-hand combat.

-----------------------
DarkDragoons

TRP/PFC Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Galactic Games on Euceron  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:15:50 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 71  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >