Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Wolves of New Brinne(Raiders)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Wolves of New Brinne(Raiders)
Marka
ComNet Initiate

Marka

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  176
Total Posts:  414
  RE: Wolves of New Brinne(Raiders)
February 1, 2006 3:44:25 AM    View the profile of Marka 
As Marka's will began to fail, his eyes slowly shut, giving way to pain and unconsciousness. The surrounding mountain area, the smell of the sweet air and the sounds of birds chirping fell from reality as dark crept over his eyes. Heavy grey clouds swarmed his blackened vision, a brewing storm in his head, and memories once again flowed through him like the torrents of a river. The images and sounds crashed against the walls of his mind, showing only brief glimpses of past occurrences, not enough to identify, but not so insignificant that he could disregard. He was in space, stars showing his history shot past on each side of him as he tried to sort them out; an impossible task. In the distance, through the specks of memory and shadows, was a bright light, like a sun in the depths of night. It was moving much more slowly than the others, and it was directly in front of him. As it grew, moving closer, he could make out shapes, figures, and the soft sound of whispered speech broke the eerie silence. Soon, it was upon him, and he lived life as a child again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A screaming 7 year old lay at the bottom of the stairs, carrying a broken arm. Tears surged from his eyes as he screamed for his father. His high pitched voice pierced the serenity of the day, perfect under a warm sun. His father's light footsteps rumbled in the ground, shaking the whole house. It was as if a herd of wild animals had been set loose, smashing about the house. But they were the footsteps of a parent who feared to lose his child. Ottmar had always been devoted to Marka and Nataleesh; his son and wife. Should anything happen to either of them, he would only be half a man. Should they both die, he would too, because he had nothing else. And so he ran, his heart shaking inside his chest, hoping his boy was ok. He dodged standing vases and lamps, brushing past tables and sliding on the carpet, and finally turned the last corner. There he was, his kid, cramped up against the wall at the bottom of the stairs, his neck crooked down forcing his chin into his chest, and a wrecked arm, all bent out of shape.

His fell to the ground on his knees and he whispered, "Come on, son, pick yourself back up. You can do it. Use your legs, push... stand on your feet and tell me it doesn't hurt."

Marka's raised his eyes to his father's, his expression one of sadness. To him, it was as if his father was punishing him for falling. So he cried. He screamed and wailed until his mother came. Mum... help me... dad is being mean. She looked at her son, then at Ottmar. He gave his wife a nod, and she stepped back. What? Why won't you help me? What did I do wrong? Soon though, after the same encouragement from his father, Marka gave in. He bent his legs and slid his feet back, bringing his knees up. With his single good arm, he used all his strength to push himself up, with the help of the wall. His sobs stopped, but there were pools of tears swelling under his soft brown eyes.

"Come on son... you're half way up, keep moving, you're strong. You will do it. You will be ok..." His father's voice echoed and faded as a bright light flashed suddenly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marka's eyes opened and he realised he was face down in dirt. Everything was numb for a second, but soon the searing pain rushed from his back, and filled each vein and touched each blood cell in his body. His helmet had been removed and thrown to the right, its crimson shine dulled by the shadow of the cliff. As he shifted his head to the left, a shower of dirt and rocks sprinkled down on him as a droid leant over the edge above. It blocked out the sun as its grey arm lifted, taking aim. Time was suspended as Marka waited for the final shot; the ending blast. And it came... the shot booming throughout the valley, ricocheting off the mountainside, bouncing from rocks and stuffing itself into every crack of every wall.
    The droid fell straight down, crashing into the unknown below, the darkness of an unseen surface. As it crashed and the echoes subsided, new blasts flew about, a dance of coloured beams, jerking to and fro.

-----------------------
Private First Class Marka
Fire Team Leader
- Raider Squad -
FTL/PFC Marka/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
[LoR][ES2C]

"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together"
Darr-Rann
ComNet Member

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  401
Total Posts:  1587
February 1, 2006 12:24:38 AM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
Darr-Rann swore angrily as the blaster shot grazed the side of his armor. "Common Slick, were the hell are you..." He muttered, taking a headshot at an unfortunate droid with his A280. He had left Marka after treating him to drive back the oncoming droids, but a near miss had sent him tumbling down a short distance. It wasn't long before droids came after him. He only hoped Marka would awaken in time.

"Drop your weapon." A voice rang out behind him. He whirled around and kicked the droid square in it's torso, sending it over the edge. "Looks like they are behind me now too." He said, adding a few curses. He fired a few more shots and then ducked as a hail of energy flew by. He reached for his comlink to contact Slick, but he found it missing. Swearing some more, he drew out a EMP grenade and activated it, tossing it in the general direction of his attackers. He grinned as he heard the satisfying whine of the droids as they were destroyed. Turning the other way, he fired at another oncoming group.

Suddenly the fire subsided. Puzzled, Darr-Rann looked to see the droids had raised their weapons. "Why would they..." Then suddenly he saw. Walking forward was a MagnaGaurd. Darr-Rann had heard stories of these droids fighting in the clone wars, bodyguards of the leader of the CIS army. He hoped they were not as skilled as stories told.

"Alright, lets fight then." He said, stowing his A280 and taking out his own Electrostaff, activating it's deadly electric shock ends. Running forward, he took a swing at the droid's head, who blocked it easily and brought it's staff up in a quick motion. dodging backward, Darr-Rann swung his staff to meet the center of his enemies, hoping to loosen the attacker's grip. The staff slipped from the droid's hands a little, but it still had a firm enough grip to block the next blow the medic delivered.

"This isn't good..." He thought. This was a enemy that wouldn't tire out, and that had a well built electronic brain to calculate his attack patterns and form a fighting style capable of easily defeating him. Then an idea came to him. He swung his staff, allowing the droid to block it. Suddenly he released one hand and took a punch at the droid's face, the gauntlet blade of his Katarn armor slicing out, putting a large cut in the droid's head. The MagnaGaurd staggered for a second, then recovered, half of it's face hanging uselessly from it's head.

"Darr!" A familiar voice called out. Darr-Rann looked down the formation to see Slick and the rest of the raiders scaling it's height, firing down droids as they went. Darr-Rann sighed with relief, ducking down and kicking the MagnaGaurd's legs from under it. The technique actually worked, and the droid crashed down to the ground. Lifting his staff, he beat the droid into a pile of scrap, making sure no part of it was left intact.

"Slick!" Darr-Rann called down to the squad leader, stowing his staff and drawing his rifle once more. "Marka is hurt and we got separated. I don't know were Tallanvor is. I need you to cover me so I can get back to Marka and finish treating him." The squad leader nodded and turned to give the orders to the others. Darr-Rann waited until Slick waved for him to go, then scaled the rocks as fast as his armor and equipment would allow...

I am still on leave 'till the end of tommorow, but I got to write this short post.

-----------------------
ASL/CPL Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|FL/PO2_Demonic/Kaph 5/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)
CORPORAL
SENIOR CREWMAN
one of few - A vast Empire medic
Read Losses of Vandetta by me and Hellra
Flashmaker
[This message has been edited by Darr-Rann (edited February 1, 2006 12:26:02 AM)]
Tallanvor
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  33
Total Posts:  45
February 1, 2006 1:38:56 PM    View the profile of Tallanvor 
Slowly, life returned to Tallanvor. Muted thwips and thumps tickled his hearing, and the gritty feel of dry dirt rubbed against his cheek. With some trepidation, he opened his eyes to see the vista out beyond the precipice. Gathering his energy, the young soldier pushed himself first to his knees and then his feet and looked around. Marka and Darr-Rann were nowhere in sight.

I'm sure I saw Darr take Marka down the cliff first, he thought, feeling the first small gnawings of a growing panic, They must have moved further into the cave.

Looking into the blackness, Tallanvor pulled a flashlight from his belt and switched it on, shining the tiny white beam into the gaping maw of the cave that lead off from the ledge he had fallen down on to. Seeing nothing threatening, he reached down to where his carbine lay on the floor at his feet and winced as fire lanced through his shoulder where he had been shot. He gritted his teeth and wrapped the fingers of his right hand around the grip on the carbine and picked it up.

Holding the flashlight against the barrel, he headed into the darkness of the cave.
Rogueboy
ComNet Novice

Rogueboy

Post Number:  99
Total Posts:  2089
February 11, 2006 12:34:47 AM    View the profile of Rogueboy 
Rogueboy was perched on top of a rock lying down on his stomache his slug sniper rifle in his hands speaking to himself.

"Alright little droidy stick your head out c'mon c'mon......YES."

DING! The slug took off the droids head which went spinning over a cliff the rest of the droid fell on the hard stone. Rogueboy fixed the zoom to check on the Raiders; Slick and company were almost done scaling the edge, Marka was getting up slowly, Darr was viciously fighting with all his will after taking out a magnaguard, and Tallanvor  was no where to be seen perhaps he had a flight of cowardice? Rogueboy banished such thoughts from his mind Tallanvor was a Raider and if it came to it he would die a Raider rather than get shot in the back running. A yell brought back Rogueboy's attention as Slick yelled.

"Hey Rogue your supposed to cover our asses."

Rogueboy responded with taking out a droid that was about to fire at the climbing Raiders, the Raiders quickly finished their climb and began setting up a safety perimeter with their backs towards the cliffs edge. Rogueboy slung his sniper over his back and turned around ready to grab his EMC-150 only to realize that there was an Ithor right behind him. The Ithor smiled at him or what Rogueboy identified as a smile and than gave Rogueboy a push  he began falling of the cliff, he quickly reached and pulled his grapple gun and shot it in the cliffs direction. It caught but the Ithor pulled out a blaster pistol and shot the cord it broke and Rogueboy resumed his fall except this time falling legs first. The hard stone surface met Rogueboy with a sickening crunch, he felt both his legs break before shock gracefully put him out cold.

OOC: Short but hopefully leads us somewhere

-----------------------
He will give them death, and they will love him for it

TRP/PFC_Rogueboy/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Marka
ComNet Initiate

Marka

Post Number:  187
Total Posts:  414
February 11, 2006 8:24:43 PM    View the profile of Marka 
Marka stumbled slightly as he got to his feet, his large boots scraping through the gravel of the mountainside. Most of the fighting, the blasts that rang out through the air and shattered rock and metal, had stopped, giving way to a cool breeze that pushed the weeds and flowers softly back and forward. As he rose to his feet, the sharp pain in his back forced him down on all fours. He brought his head up to find almost all of his squad making the surrounding area secure, stepping over piles of scrapped droid bodies and limbs, scorched from blaster fire. Off to his right, some quick motion caught his eye. It was Rogueboy... and he had fallen off a cliff. What the hell...? After following the cliff face up, he saw an Ithorian peering down over the ledge. It seemed Slick had seen him to, as he fired a shot up towards it whist signalling to Otto to get to him. Otto nodded instantly and took off towards a dirt trail that wound upwards. Darr jogged towards the crawling FTL.

"You should probably stay still" he said calmly.

Marka shook his head, "No, I will be fine." He looked around and pointed to Rogueboy, "Perhaps you should see to Alex first... I'm no medic, but I don't think his legs should look like that."

Darr turned slowly and saw the soldier piled up and swore under his breath. He took off quickly, hurdling over the broken droids. Marka shook his head slightly, and got to his feet. His body shook slightly, ignoring the searing pain of his injury. Step by step he made his way out into the open. Within five metres, he was kicking against the discarded steel of the fallen droids, their thick structures covered in a light blanket of dust. He looked down at them. Anger ran through his veins at the sight of the destroyed MagnaGuard, the shattered frame sparking from Darr's battle. Only the mention of one would tear a hole open in his soul. He didn't tell anyone what had happened back on Nal Hutta... he was the only person alive now who knew now.

"You right there, Mark?" Slick asked as he saw the frozen soldier.

"Yeah... just some crappy memories. What do you want to do now?

"Find Tall, firstly."

"He's missing?"

"Yeah, so we are going to have to find him now. This mission has buggered up enough hasn't it?" The two laughed, Marka wincing slightly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Right," Darr said, "my guess is Tall went down in there." He motioned to the cold, dark cave. The squad agreed, giving a nod.

"Mark, can you fight?" He continued.

"Yeah, I should be able to."

As the squad began to chatter slightly amongst themselves, the sound of shots echoed outwards, off the cave walls. The talking stopped, and each soldier raised their weapons quickly, eyes fixated on the wall of darkness. At that moment the Ithorian fell to the ground where the group was standing. His bloodied face was grazed and scraped. He had been pushed down of the edge above, and only moments after he hit the ground, Otto came down after him, landing firmly on his feet.

"Got him..." he said calmly.

-----------------------
Private First Class Marka
Fire Team Leader
- Raider Squad -
FTL/PFC Marka/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
[LoR][ES2C]

"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together"
Slick
ComNet Member

Slick

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  492
Total Posts:  635
February 15, 2006 9:57:24 PM    View the profile of Slick 
With an aggressive lunge Slick slammed his shoulder into a droid. The droid quickly lost it's balance, and tumbled over the cliff. With a smile Slick turned back to the carnage raging all around him. The combined efforts of the New Republic forces and stormtroopers were quickly wearing down the droids. He holstered his nearly depleted DL-54, and unslung his rifle. He quickly fired three shots at a group of oncoming droids. Two droids fell, but the third only stumbled.

"Man I'm getting rusty." Slick said to himself as he raised his rifle once again.

Before he could get the shot off the droid's head exploded. Glancing upwards he saw that Rogue was grinning. Shaking his head Slick gave the young trooper a mock salute, and fired at another group. His com began to bleep, and he quickly grabbed it.

"What have you got?"

"This is Granville. We've got the kids. We're pulling out, and I suggest you do the same."

"Roger." Slick switched to an encoded frequency. "Raiders wrap it up. Our mission is done."

The firepower coming from the Raiders intensified, and the droids were quickly being demolished. Glancing around Slick saw that Otto was carrying Tallanvor down the cliff, and the rest were heading that way. With a grin Slick fired one more shot, and hurried to his troops.

"Let's go. All these droids give me the creeps." said Slick with a grin.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Two hours later

The Raiders quickly secured Tallanvor in the cargo ship, and headed down the ramp. The New Republic squad stood in front of them, and Slick met major Granville in the center of the two. The two men shook hands.

"Good working with you." Slick said.

Granville smiled. "The same to you... sergeant Slick."

Without warning Granville's men raised their weapons, and had the Raiders perfectly covered. Cursing under his breath Slick glared at the major. The major simply smiled.

"Put your weapons up men." the major told his troops. "We aren't enemies today."

The Raiders relaxed, and breathed a sigh of relief. Slick stared at Granville, "Not today, but if I ever see you again...."

Granville grinned. "Oh I look forward to it. I plan on killing you myself, Imperial."

With that the major turned, and walked away. His troops quickly followed, and the Raiders watched them go. Shaking his head, Slick turned to face his men.

"What the hell are you waiting for? Do you want some R and R or what?" With that said he boarded the ship.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
MISSION COMPLETE

-----------------------
Sergeant Slick
-=Raider Squad=--=SL=-
SL/SGT Slick/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath[LoR][CoR][CoH]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Wolves of New Brinne(Raiders)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:44:23 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 220  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >