Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > PLT Comp Story 3 (Wraiths, Jester, Nightstalkers)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  PLT Comp Story 3 (Wraiths, Jester, Nightstalkers)
Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  195
Total Posts:  199
  RE: PLT Comp Story 3 (Wraiths, Jester, Nightstalke
October 6, 2005 1:10:17 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Wraith Squad

With the shades closed and Kuroishi sleeping in a chair, Anubis and Hunter sat quietly speaking about the mission that was at hand.  "So what do you think of the Devaronians, a little creepy huh?"  asked Anubis as he took a bite of his energy bar.  Hunter nodded before responding.  "Yeah, they really are scary, especially with some of those crucifixions out there certainly don't go towards making them seem friendly."  Anubis nodded at this before finishing off his energy bar.

The door suddenly opened and the two looked over to find Snipes and Otto enter.  Anubis then got up and gave a little shake to Kuroishi, standing back just in case the man decided to do something crazy as he woke up.  Kuroishi opened his eyes and got up to greet Snipes and Otto while Anubis went back to talking with Hunter about various trivial things.

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
TRP/CPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Brigadier General
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4009
Total Posts:  7772
October 6, 2005 2:00:19 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
*** Taskforce Leader ***

Cosmic had followed one of the Devaronians involved in the fued to a local bar of sorts. The Devaronian sat himself down at the bar and ordered a drink; a brand Cosmic had never heard of before - probably a local brew. Cosmic sat himself a seat away from the Devaronian and nodded to the bartender, "Put that drink on my tab." The bartender nodded, and the Devaronian that was seated turned his head to look at the newcomer.

"Generous for a Human," he began, expressionless. "What do you want?"

Cosmic rested his left arm on the bar and paid the bartender, "I overheard your conversation with those other Devaronians. You mentioned some individuals in white armor?"

The Devaronian shrugged, "Maybe. What's it to you?"

Cosmic smirked and placed his other elbow on the bar and leaned forward, "I've had my encounters with their kind," he looked down at the bar's surface. A few drops of liquid were scattered about from its previous customer. "Imperials have their own way of thinking... different ideals than the New Republic." The Devaronian's eyes lit up somewhat, "You are a soldier of the New Republic?"

Cosmic shook his head, "Nope. I'm not with the Imperials either. I'm like many other individuals in the galaxy - neutral."

The Devaronian smirked, "We're in the same boat then. My planet has tried repeatedly to join the New Republic's cause, but they have continued to deny us as an ally, and those bastard Imperials aren't making our lives any easier."

"They're here?" Cosmic queried.

"Oh yeah," the Devaronian nodded. "They've been here. That's why many of our colonies have grown restless. We want to retaliate against them, but they've got the upper hand in technology. Our own security forces and army are no match for their mechs or air support."

"I understand what you mean there. I was on a planet way back when that was in a similar situation you are now." Cosmic ordered a Savareen Brandy and took a sip.

"Top stuff," the Devaronian grinned.

"Only the best," Cosmic set the shot glass down and cleared his throat. "Say, are those Imperials here in the city?"

The Devaronian shook his head, "No. Like any smart commander would do, the Imperials went for our major colony in the southern hemisphere. They've set up their defenses there, and have begun to draft fellow Devaronians and place them in encampments within the city for training and such. They're being taken and held against their will, and we can't do a damn thing about it."

"Southern hemisphere you say... hmm. Which city?" Cosmic asked, leaning back against the bar.

"The city is called Nep'tera. It's the largest city on this planet. Our military efforts have been focused there, but as I said before, we can't make much of a dent with our level of technology. The Imperials just outweight us too heavily in that department."

Cosmic nodded and drank down the rest of his brandy, "I need to shove off." The Devaronian nodded and sipped his ale. "If you ever see one of those Imperial bastards, tell them to prepare themselves for the Seven Hells.

Cosmic nodded, "I'll probably see one sooner or later."

/OOC: I'll send all the squad leaders here information about what our mission is. Hopefully my post above will answer any questions you may have had before. If not, my email will. /OOC

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/BG Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
[OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][LM][SoS][CRoM][CoH][PoC][MSM][SCP][SoA][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
SL/KPR Cosmic/Lion 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE
[VP][WoS2][KC1][SoY][EoP][OAK]
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited October 6, 2005 2:00:50 PM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  892
Total Posts:  948
October 8, 2005 2:46:15 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Kuroishi studied the bank records and transmissions.  So they were on planet and were attempting to make headways into the colony they had holed up in for now.

Now they just needed the location.

"Wraith squad time to prepare for action.  Otto get what we have so far over to Cosmic.  We are still inside hostile territory but I suspect we will be having move and possibly combat orders shortly."  Kuroishi barked.

-----------------------
My sig banner I wish I could use
Kuroishi
Avatar and sig banner by scientist computer graphics subdivision of Clan Wombat.
5/13/2005-My journey to the Darkside is complete
Alasse
ComNet Novice

Alasse

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  50
Total Posts:  61
October 9, 2005 10:27:17 PM    View the profile of Alasse 
Nightstalkers

The shuttle had already landed and now Alasse was off by herself along the streets of Devaron. Her SL had gone off to the bars while the other two, Phenix and Nicholas had went off together. Their squad was given the task of checking out the local enforcement and with all their armor left in the shuttle, there wasn't much to protect herself with.

"What a planet this is.." she muttered to herself. Devaronians crowded the streets everywhere.

Coughing slightly, she walked on alone, scouting for anything that looked like a law firm and such. There had to be one somewhere. She spotted some female Devaronians, identifying them easily as they had no horns. She remembered that the females tend to govern the planet. Walking up cautiously, she stood a small distance away and tried to look busy while listening in to their conversation. Maybe she'll learn a bit about the security around the place.

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL Alasse/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR]
~Nightstalkers~
Phenix
ComNet n00b

Phenix

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  7
Total Posts:  186
October 10, 2005 1:35:13 AM    View the profile of Phenix 
    Nightstalkers

Phenix had hardly stepped away from the shuttle's landing area, and already he was littered with ideas. He decided the first place they should head, he decided, as the nearest law enforcement station. They walked away from the ship, and lead themselves onto a street where they could possibly find a taxi shuttle. They waited a few minutes and finally managed to wave down a passing transport.

Stepping inside, both Phenix and Nicholas noticed a long cut running along the driver's right cheek. The door closed, and Phenix said in a grunt, "We need to get to the nearest local law enforcement building. Make it fast." And with that, they sped off towards wherever the closest station might be.

After moments of silence, Nicholas felt himself curious enough to ask, "Might I ask how you got yourself that scar, there? It looks pretty fresh. Had yourself a little scrap, did you?"

As though the driver barely heard the question, he seemed to stare off into the distance, barely even watching for traffic. Finally, he said, "Let's just say some...Local law enforcement issues."

"The municipal kind, or the...Imperial kind?" Nicholas asked cunningly. The grin on his face looked as though he had just made some kind of amazing discovery. Phenix thought it was arrogance.

"So, you know about the Imperial collection down south, then. Bunch of wormly people, they are. The Imperials claim the people here owe them loyalty, since they offer their "protection." Extortion is what it is! Now, you didn't hear it from me, but...I accidentally came across a little gathering of Imperial grunts on my travels. They shot down my taxi speeder and sent me crashing right into the street! A squad came to investigate, but I had already escaped out of the speeder and ran. Got this scar in that accident. The armor...they weren't wearing the armor, but I know it was from that Vilcorp company. I know it from the logo. They had a bunch of boxes wit hthe VilCorp logo! Now, I'm not sure exactly what their business is here, but I know it ain't gonna look pretty for us in a few years to come. Tell you what: Since you're going to the station, try talking to Ferenn. He knows a little bit about this VilCorp business."

And with that, the two departed from the taxi, paid the driver, and relayed what they had learned to their squad leader...

-----------------------
Private First Class Phenix
Nightstalkers Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PFCPhenix/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LoR]

"Let me help you tie the rope around your neck..."
[This message has been edited by Phenix (edited October 10, 2005 1:37:10 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Phenix (edited October 10, 2005 1:37:53 AM)]
Rommel
ComNet Initiate

Rommel

Post Number:  106
Total Posts:  107
October 10, 2005 9:04:00 AM    View the profile of Rommel 
Otto and Rommel had spent the entire day and part of the night visiting the vast array of shipping warehouses. There were several dozen and they had the same thing in common, the black market was alive and well on this planet.

The arms dealers were selling to anyone with money, the Empire or the New Republic, it didn't matter as long as the price was right. Of course this was no surprise since the black market seem to thrive anywhere trade went on.

Otto and Rommel reported what they found to Kuroishi then headed to the rack for some well deserved sleep.

Before Rommel fell asleep he pondered about the mission, once the fighting starts it will be hard to tell whose side anyone is on. It will be better to shoot first and ask questions latter.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Rommel/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA

"Soldiers train for war, everything else is BS"
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4027
October 11, 2005 10:27:39 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
*** Taskforce Leader ***

Cosmic opened a channel on his comm. link to all three squad leaders. The channel was kept public so as to avoid any hastles with any authorities for holding a secure channel. A fairly strong wind had begun to blow through the city as he made his way back to the shuttles. As he strode down the crowded streets, he brought the communicator up close to his mouth, "Hey kids, how are you guys holding up?"

Kuroishi was the first to reply. Cosmic slightly chuckled to himself as the squad leader played along, "Doing good, pops. Everyone's holding up pretty good. Homework is almost done."

"Good to hear," Cosmic scooted aside as a little Devaronian girl ran past him and to her mother's welcoming arms. "Listen," he began as he restarted his walking pace, "I'm heading home. I've got some good news."

Cosmic heard a chuckle that was distinctly Fish from the comm., "Mom's going to be happy."

"We'll see who's happy when you've got a pistol to your head, Fish." Merrick chimed in.

"I'll see you guys at home." Cosmic closed the channel and quickened his pace.

/OOC: I've sent an email to your squad leaders with information about our objectives. I know Kip is on leave, so if any of you need this information (your SL's haven't sent it to you), email me or catch me on IRC and I'll get it to you. Also, we need to post a bit more, guys. We're falling behind. /OOC

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Nicholas Star
ComNet Novice

Nicholas Star

Post Number:  26
Total Posts:  47
October 11, 2005 4:38:37 PM    View the profile of Nicholas Star 
Nightstalkers

Nicholas hopped out of the squad shuttle, Phenix follwing behind him, finally feeling the refreshing flow of air. The both stretched long, letting out all of their muscle content.

"Why don't we find a taxi shuttle and get to the nearest law inforcement building?" suggested Phenix., as Nicholas nodded in reply.

Their squad leader left to a cantina, and the rest of their squad roamed around the city. Nicholas and Phenix waiteed on the side of the street, waiting for a taxi. As a taxi shuttle finally arrived, they shouted at it, as it slowed to a stop.

"Take us to the nearest law enforcement building," commanded Phenix, as he jumped into the taxi, as Nicholas slowly climbed in, staring at a large scar on the driver's cheek.

Phenix seemed tired and stressed out, staring out the side window of the shuttle. Nicholas began to wonder how to ask the driver about his scar, keeping his eyes focused on the scar.

"So how'd you get that scar on your face? Got in a little trouble lately?" Nicholas blurted out obnoctiously, with a sleek grin on his face.

He looked over at Phenix, who had an irritated look on his face. He finally sat back, and closed his eyes for a moment, before they arrived at the building. It was a short, two-story building, with small windows. There were two sliding doors in the front, and a large sign hanging over them, which said, "Devaron Law Agency".

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Nicholas Star/3SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA [LoR]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  894
October 12, 2005 6:51:36 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Wraith Squad

"Wraith squad, briefing time.  Just got this in from Cosmic so listen up.  Our orders are to scout out Vil Corp presence.  Intel suggest they only have small patrols near the colonies but they are mostly held up in the capital.  The capital then is our main objective.  We have reason to believe they are pressing Devaronians into service and using strong arm tactics to keep them in line.  Intel also believes they are using a number of AT-AT and AT-PT walkers.  Count on some AT-STs as well.  CASE White has been authorized.  That means we find a officer we are clear to take him down.  Say good bye to the posh accomidations and the good grub.  We depart in ten."  Kuroishi briefed Wraith squad.

Kuroishi could not help but reflect on the code talk Cosmic had setup for the mission.  Kuroishi was over 50 and his voice betrayed it.  If it lead to a compramise, well he'd fought his way through some pretty tough odds.  Hell 10:1 was a good day for most of his commands.

Though that was the past.  Most of the current squad he was with have not been with him for very long and he was still getting to know thier strengths and weaknesses.  What he was accustomed to took years to develop.

Now as he prepared for another mission he found himself reflecting on the fact he would learn another leason soon.

-----------------------
Kuroishi
Avatar and sig banner by scientist computer graphics subdivision of Clan Wombat.
[This message has been edited by Kuroishi (edited October 12, 2005 6:52:18 PM)]
Nicholas Star
ComNet Novice

Nicholas Star

Post Number:  28
October 13, 2005 4:12:45 PM    View the profile of Nicholas Star 
Nightstalkers

Nicholas paid the taxi fair, and jumped out of the taxi. Nicholas fixed his hair, Phenix did likewise, then said, "Okay, act natural. Don't forget that we are pretending to be Devaronian, and investigating a report on a close relative."

"Alright, got it," repplied Nicholas.

They casualally walked into the law enforcment agency building, and walked up to the front reception desk. The receptionist was on a call with someone, so they stood in front of the desk. After a couple minutes, the receptionist got of the call, and looked up at Nicholas and Phenix.

"Hello, sirs. Welcome to one of the many Devaron law agency facilities. How may I help you today?" she cheerfully said with a fake smile.
"We are here to investigate a murder of a dear relative of ours," Phenix repliec with his hand over his heart.
"Okay, can I have a name, location of death, and time of death?" asked the receptionist, looking down at her computer.
"His name was Nile," blurted Nicholas, "Nile Star."

The receptionist; Christin, typed in her computer for a couple seconds, the replied shaking her head, "I'm sorry, Nile Star does not seem to be in our files. Live or dead."

"Do you have any storage files we could search through? Or maybe any death certificates?" asked Phenix looking angrily at Nicholas for his behavior in blurting out.
"Yes, you can check the public computers to the left of me, across the hall, if that would be any help," replied Christin," Otherwise, you need to be an officer in the Devaron law system."
"Okay, thank you for your time," said Phenix as he walked over to the computer screens.

The computers were touch-screan moniters, which displayed any of the public information. Nicholas followed him to the computers, and watched Phenix pretend to use one of the middle ones.

"We're going to have to snoop around, we're not going to find anything on these computers," muttered Phenix, "We will follow one of the employees that go into the bathroom. I checked, they don't have cameras. We will knock him out, and whipe his memory. Then one of us will go into the storage room, and one of us will stand watch."
"Okay, let's wait at those chairs near the employee bathroom, and look like we're waiting for one of them to go out for lunch or something." amswered Nicholas.

They walked down a long hallway with marble floors, and cameras in every direction. The bathroom was in the middle of the hallway, and an indent in it made a waiting room.

"There are cameras everywhere in the hallway. They will see us come in and go out with the employee clothing on." said Nicholas in a worried voice.
"Don't worry about it. I got it covered," replied Phenix coolly.

An employee with  short, brown hair, and looked like Phenix, walked into the bathroom, untying his fly. The two of them walked into the bathroom, and spotted the employee; Dave at the urinal.
The bathroom was a large, high roofed room with four bathroom stalls, and five urinals. There were three sinks, with marble bowls, and wooden bases. The whole floor was marble; even the toilets were marble.

Phenix notioned his head over to Dave, and they both slowly walked over to the urinals, and pretended to use them on either side of Dave. Nicholas stuck out his fingers, 1...2...3. They both grabbed his head and hit it on the wall they were facing.

"I'll whipe his memory, you put on his clothes," Nicholas said, pulling out a memory swiper.
"Why me?" asked Phenix.
"Because you look just like him," replied Nicholas looking from Dave to Phenix.
"Fine," muttered Phenix.

They walked out of the bathroom, and Nicholas waited in the waiting room, while Phenix walked on. He waited for about twenty minutes until Phenix came back, with his jacket bulging.

"You brought the files!?" hissed Nicholas.
"Let's go! Hurry up!" said Phenix, with his teeth closed.

Nicholas followed him out of the building, and back onto the street. Nicholas noticed a message from Cosmic when he looked at his comlink.

-----------------------

"Friends are the only ones you can trust, and you can't even trust them."
[This message has been edited by Nicholas Star (edited October 13, 2005 7:59:44 PM)]
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4048
October 15, 2005 12:10:33 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
*** Taskforce Leader ***

Cosmic walked into the Lambda-class shuttle and sat down on one of the twenty empty seats. He closed his eyes and rested his hands on his thighs as he slowly let his head fall back onto the cushioned headrest behind him. The pilot, Jonathan Gate, sat himself down opposite of him and leaned back, "You feelin' alright, General?" Cosmic nodded and opened his eyes, "Just dandy, Gate." Jonathan grinned and clasped his hands together over his stomach, "If I may, sir, you seem a bit uncomfortable." Cosmic chuckled and looked up at the above metal plating, "Uncomfortable, no. Concerned... yes. Why do you ask?"

Jonathan shrugged his shoulders and took a deep breath, "Was just wondering, sir. I mean I know that you're a battle hardened vet with a lifetime of experience on the field under your belt, and I had a feeling that you were a bit disconcerted about something."

"Nah, I'm good. We've got three excellent squads in this taskforce. The only thing that has me the slightest bit concerned is the fact that we've got a decent amount of greens tagging along for the ride. For some, this will be their first combat experience, and this is no ordinary mission we're dealing with."

Jonathon nodded, "Yeah," he whispered. "It's not exactly like your run-of-the-mill search-and-destroy mission in the hopes of bagging a good Rebel."

"Hopefully," began Cosmic, "Our guys will be able to discern those from VilCorp's army. They're Imperial, so I'm assuming that they're going to be wearing the standard Stormie armor as we do. They may hesitate at the fact of shooting another in white with the same emblem... maybe not our more veteran soldiers, but most certainly our greens."

The young man gave a small nod and rose from his seat and returned to his pilot's chair, "We'll hold up, sir."

-------------------------

His feet created a steady rhythm as he quickly jogged through the small corridor towards the Colonel's base of operations. As a lowly Corporal and aide to Colonel McFarley himself, he was getting used to running frequent errands. Upon rounding a corner and making his way into the local command center, he spotted McFarley talking to a couple lieutenants; both had the shame of guilt depicted on their faces. Corporal Jenson removed the datapad from his left pocket and began making his way to the Colonel with the hopes that his superior would be pleased with his delivery.

"I want it done immediately," barked McFarley. "No more mistakes and no more delays. I want it done within the hour." The Colonel redirected his attention the young voice who calmly said "Sir" behind him. His eyes lit up slightly at the sight of his aide greeting him with a crisp salute.

"Ah, Corporal Jenson. I hope you have some good new for me today, the gods know I need it."

"That I do, sir." Jenson handed McFarley the datapad and watched as the Colonel began to read through the report.

"Scouts from the colony of Vien'na have reported an unusual group of humanoids suddenly arriving on Devaron simultaneously. They appeared in Vien'na, a colony in the northern hemisphere, and began asking questions at all the local facilities: law authorities, local cantinas, financial facilities, et cetera."

McFarley nodded as he finished his reading, "And which scouts reported this?"

"Psi and Beta squads, Colonel. Our two shadow teams." Jenson clasped his hands behind him and grinned, "The strategy has turned out to be useful, sir. Two scouting squads dressed as civilians in order to disappear while continuing surveillance undetected."

"That's why they're called 'shadow teams', Corporal." McFarley gave a pat on Jenson's right shoulder, "Well done."

"What do you wish to with this issue, sir? It has to be more than coincidence that these humanoids are here. They're up to something."

McFarley nodded, "I'm interested, myself, as to what they're doing on this forsaken planet. Have both teams follow them, split them up if need be, and make sure they do it smartly."

Jenson nodded and saluted before running back to where he came in order to relay his orders. McFarley walked over to a nearby map computer console and activated the screen. A holo-projection of the planet blurred into existence - all continents visible to the Colonel. McFarley typed in a few commands, and the hologram of the planet zoomed into the northern hemisphere and into the city of Vien'na. A 3d model of the city was projected and began rotating as the Colonel studied it. His right hand rose up and began scratching his chin, "... What are you doing here."

/OOC: Squad Leaders, there are still those who do not know what our objectives are. Relay the objectives I have sent to you to your squad members. Jester, let me know if any of you need the objectives, I know Kip is on leave and I'm not sure if he's sent them to you yet. /OOC

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited October 15, 2005 12:14:09 AM)]
Nicholas Star
ComNet Novice

Nicholas Star

Post Number:  31
October 17, 2005 6:10:01 PM    View the profile of Nicholas Star 
Nightstalkers

Nicholas and Phenix power-walked down the street, Phenix hiding the stolen files under his jacket. The finally turned into an empty back alley. Nicholas looked around, making sure nobody was watching before saying, "Let's see the files!" with a grin on his face.

"Holy crap! I can not believe that I just did that!," was Phenix's response, "here they are, I hope I'm not going to get in trouble with Cosmic! My adrenaline was pumping so hard that I just ran with the files! I didn't actually read the files, I just took the ones named 'Devaron Top Secret'."
"Okay, we need to read these files and bring them to Cosmic," said Nicholas, "then we need to take the squad shuttle because we need to travel to the other side of the planet."

-----------------------

"Friends are the only ones you can trust, and you can't even trust them."
Anubis
ComNet Initiate

Anubis

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  196
Total Posts:  199
October 21, 2005 1:50:19 PM    View the profile of Anubis 
Wraith Squad

The transport arrived at the small port.  The Wraiths in civilian clothing entered the transport along with a number of others.  Taking a seat on a hard metal bench with his bag at the side of his leg, he looked among those that were in the transport heading for the capital city of Devaron.  A much more diverse group of several different species as well as other humans, it became apparent that some aboard the transport were likely Imperials, but who was another matter to decide.

A rumble was heard as the transport shook, its repulsorlifts bringing it several meters high before jolting off towards the capital city.  Looking out the transparisteel window, Anubis got a strange feeling that they were entering an enviornment that wouldn't be as inviting as they'd seen before.  He jumped a little as Otto took a seat next to him.  Eyeing the man for a moment, Anubis returned back to looking out at the colony that was nearly out of eyesight and closed his eyes in anticipation for the endeavor that was yet to face the Wraiths against VilCorp.

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
TRP/CPL Anubis Benor/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Wraith Squad
Vast Empire Army
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4093
October 21, 2005 6:58:50 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
*** Taskforce Leader ***

"General."

Cosmic stood at the main view port, his arms crossed over his chest as he thought about what lay ahead. He clenched his jaw several times in thought before turning his attention to his pilot, "Yes?"

"Sir," Gates began, looking down at his console, "Nightstalkers and Jester aren't reporting in sir... all I get is static."

He could barely see anything beyond ten feet out there. A sand storm had swept in, forcing him to seal the hatches and rely on scanners to detect any unwanted visitors. Standard questions began popping up in his head: Why aren't they answering? What was their current location? Where they far enough to be picked up undetected? Were their identities compromised?

"Try again." The Brigadier General replied calmly.

Gates sighed. He had already tried signaling the two remaining squads about twenty times now, but he tried again anyway. He shook his head a few moments later, "Sorry General. They're not picking up. It's probably just the sand storm disrupting our signal, sir. I'm sure once this bad boy passes we'll be able to reestablish communication. They're probably wondering where we've went too."

A simple sand storm would not disrupt our signal... we're not that far.

Cosmic grunted and turned to the view port, "Keep trying." Wraith had already returned and left for Nep'tera to start scouting the positions and strength of VilCorp's forces. Cosmic knew something wasn't right. They should've all returned at the same time or at least within a few minutes a part from each other. Hopefully his conclusion was wrong, and their communication glitches were due to the surrounding sand storm...

----------------------------------------

"This is Psi. I've located several individuals leaving the northern portion of the city. They're currently making their way through the crowd... swiftly. We're currently following them, keeping a good hundred and twenty feet distance between ourselves and the target. My men are also scattered amongst the crowd to avoid detection." Announced a the deep voice of Sergeant Stafe, Squad Leader of the Psi Shadow Team.

"Roger that, Psi. We've managed to locate another group of individuals moving quickly together through the crowd as well. Seems like they're heading to someplace in a hurry." Beta's Shadow Team Squad Leader looked through his pair of electrobinoculars, a grin forming on his face. "We're also about the same distance, Psi. I take it you've activated your signal dampeners?"

"Aye, sir," Stafe placed his electrobinoculars aside as he stared into the crowd at the target ahead. "Set to a two hundred and fifty feet radius. They won't be talking to anyone for a while."

"Good man. Which way they headed?" querried Beta's Squad Leader, Sergeant Polov.

Stafe brought the electrobinoculars up to his eyes once again, "South-West, sir. There's nothing in that direction but city limits."

"Our target is heading in that general direction as well. Looks like they're headed to a rendezvous point. I'll report in our findings. Colonel McFarley is probably going to want to send a team to follow them out there."

A chuckle made its way out of Polov's communicator, "It's hell out there, Sergeant. There's a mean sand storm; I've been told that it'll probably clear up within the hour, though."

"That's all the time we need to get a confirmation on where they're headed. I'll get a hold of McFarley's staff. Beta out." Polov switched channels and raised to communicator to his mouth, "Tell McFarley we've got an update coming his way."

----------------------------------------

/OOC: If you guys have any questions as to what to do, feel free to email me.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited October 21, 2005 6:59:56 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  2447
Total Posts:  3940
October 24, 2005 9:21:29 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
OOC:Better Nate than Lever /OOC

Wraith Squad

Snipes looked down at himself, the beige, utilitarian, clothing fit loosely to better allow movement but not so loose as to get in the way at anytime. The jacket was plain, it had a good deal of pockets, which Snipes enjoyed, and was tucked ruffly into his pants, his pants where the same beige and also had a good deal of pockets, something Snipes didn't enjoy so much, getting used to the feel was a. . nuisance. Snipes carried no gun at his side, instead he had a palm blaster up each sleeve and a knife in his boot. Anybody wearing workers clothing and carrying a gun would look suspicious, the only advantage was that they could go anywhere in this clothing and not be looked at twice, even Snipes. He had taken the precaution of removing the talismans and beads from his hair and pulling it all back in loose tail, also Snipes neglected to shave, not that a day of not shaving would make him look that scraggly, but it would help. Snipes wasn't entirely sure what the rest of the squad was carrying as far as weaponry, only that Hunter had a Bipolar BMC-150 Carbine on his back because Snipes had helped him put it there and keep it from sticking out. He knew everyone carried at least some sort of holdout blaster and probably a bladed weapon as well.

Snipes and Anubis' job was an interesting one, since the termination of opposing officers was allowed the duo were to seek out off duty officers and either take them down in silence or capture them for later interrogation and likely eventual execution. Kuroishi and Hunter were going to take a look at the Imperial presence within the city and Otto and Rommel were going to find a base of operations, preferably something in an industrial district populated mostly with droids. The idea was that they would meet up later and head out of the city to survey the Imperial presence out there.

The more Snipes looked around though, the more he realized that even in the nondescript clothing the pair still stood out among a mostly Devaronian populace, there were humans alright, but they all stood out, Snipes hoped that most of the imperials were human, they likely wouldn't notice the other humans, instead concentrating on the Devaronians frightening appearance. Snipes first idea for a stop was, of course, a bar. Despite, or maybe because of, his love for bars Snipes realized this was the best place to find off duty officers. Snipes knew an officer likely wouldn't be in any old bar, chances were they would find one of the better ones; but even there Snipes wasn't seeing any, he and Anubis walked around the city, Snipes felt uneasy about stealing a speeder, no point breaking more laws than he had to until the time was right. Snipes could see patrols of Stormtroopers walking the city, always in groups, ofter lead by an officer and surrounding a group of Devaronians; but never did Snipes find a officer, or any other Imperial off duty or alone in the city, Snipes concluded it wasn't safe for them.

Eventually, after a few hours of searching, Snipes surrendered and went into a tavern filled with the demon-esque Devaronians. Snipes took a seat at the bar on a stool far from door. The room wasn't very large, but neither was it unusually small, it had booths lining one wall and a long bar lining the other, between there was enough room for a row of round tables with room for four or five at each. Anubis leaned up against a piece of wall next to Snipes until the seat between Snipes and the wall became available. Snipes just sat in there and threw back a glass of a local whiskey, it was harsh and burned, but Snipes enjoyed it, something in the taste made it something he wished he had more of.  The Bar was crowded, mostly with Devaronians, a couple rodians drinking with a twi'lek in the back corner, and an occasional human, who received dark looks from the locals.

Snipes wasn't drinking long before Anubis started asking what they were doing, Snipes reply involved buying Anubis a drink and downing another glass. The two sat there for a good amount of time, the comm crackled at one point, telling where the base was in a code conceived by the squad sometime before their leaving Tadath. Snipes knew it was beginning to get late and that he should report in, but he knew it would be better to ignore his comm while he was in the bar, he didn't want the attention that a comm conversation always seemed to bring. Another hour passes and Snipes was ready to leave and Anubis was starting to get tipsy, but not badly, it was strong whiskey and he was a soldier for taking it this long. So Snipes stood up and reached into his coat pocket to find some credits, but a commotion at the door drew his attention away from his pocket.

Snipes could hear some yells and some screams, and then blaster shots, Snipes was too far in the back to see anything, but instincts told him that the bar was about to be raided, his first notion was to pull his blaster and prepare to run, but he put that one down fast enough and instead sat back down, pulling Anubis down next to him. A second later Snipes heard the clank of armor and glimpses of white as Stormtroopers entered the bar, they moved to start rounding the Devaronians up, but they resisted, and Snipes smiled. Snipes stood up slowly.

"Death to the Imperials" Snipes said, slowly, deliberately. Snipes didn't yell it, didn't try to make a speech, he just let the words form into a chant as blasters and vibro-weapons appeared

The first shot was fired by Snipes himself though, into the chest of the officer than had lead the stormtroopers in. Snipes hoped he hadn't missed too badly, the man fell quick, Snipes hoped he wasn't dead. Snipes, in the commotion, fired off a few more shots from his hold out until it ran out of power and he placed it back in his arm spring. And pushed the handy device back in place. Then Snipes tapped Anubis on the shoulder and and pointed to the door. As he did so though the stormtroopers has been silenced, caught in a maelstrom of blaster fire, even they didn't have a chance. Of course there were casualties on the Devaronians side, and it seemed on of the Rodians had met a grizzly fate, Snipes looked at the body, weaponless she hadn't had a chance, the other and the twi'lek were gone, as were most other species that had been there. Snipes walked towards the carnage where Devaronians were picking through the deceased, Snipes stepped over to the officer and kicked one of the aliens off of him. The Devaronian got up and withdrew a blaster, Snipes swung his left arm up and as he did so the hold-out in that sleeve sprung out into his hand and he fired. The shot connected with the face of the alien and he fell over backwards, dead.

"I killed this man" Snipes said, returning his blaster as all eyes jumped to him "I want his organs."

There was a general nod of agreement that Snipes had the right to the body, so Snipes nodded and motioned Anubis to pick the unconscious officer up, Anubis did so, although he appeared a bit puzzled. Snipes motioned Anubis and they left, Snipes lead him down a dark alley as the sun set and told him to stay, then left.

Snipes walked out into the open street, the sun was setting and traffic was low, Snipes tuned down a random alley and looked both ways, he saw a speeder parked behind a building and hopped in. Snipes quickly pulled the underside of the dash out and fiddled with the wires until it ran. Then Snipes drove it out into the street and around into the alley Anubis was waiting in. Snipes hopped out and opened the cargo area, Anubis tossed the officer in. And then hopped in the cockpit with Snipes.

"The officer's alive." Anubis said.

"I know, in theory its those rank badges that saved him, anyway, comm home, tell them whats up and that we're on our way." Snipes said, while driving, for once, the speed limit and in an entirely legal manner, possibly the first time in his life.

They made it to the warehouse that was their base in longer than Snipes would have liked, once they were there Snipes had Anubis take the officer, who was beginning to regain consciousness, then Snipes took the vehicle to the edge of the district and abandoned it.

Snipes was left with a long, dark trek back, but it was not too far, Snipes just made sure to be aware of bandits or thugs. The warm night air was filled with the smell of chemicals and industry and it made Snipes nose twitch, he didn't enjoy the smell at all and found ti rather offensive. The noise was still great, even at night, but a good deal of the work here was automated and required just a few sentient over viewers who probably slept anyway.
He made it to the Wraith warehouse even more slowly than he would have liked, but he had been careful, careful that he wasn't fallowed or seen.

The warehouse was dilapidated and old, it was much the same as all the other buildings in the area which seemed to be abandoned and left for the street thugs and bums to inhabit. Snipes stepped inside to see a large room, almost empty except a few old torn down crates, the contents of which had long ago been looted out. Snipes looked around for another door and found one on down to his right, striding briskly over, he knocked twice and the door slid out of his way and blaster was pointed at his nose.

"Well, isn't that a beautiful way to treat a friend" Snipes spat sarcastically.

"Sorry, Sergeant." Hunter said, stepping back and allowing Snipes to step in, the door slid shut behind him.

The room was square and had a door on two walls, one into the warehouse, one likely into another office or a flight of stairs going to the upper platform that would be used for observation. It was a pretty standard shade of blue that seemed to cover everything in the galaxy and had no windows or air vents of any sort.

"they're two doors down, Snipes" Hunter said. "I'm supposed to guard the door."

Snipes nodded and opened the other door, then went past a flight of stairs and into the next room. The rest of the squad was there and the officer, who wore the most convincing look of absolute terror Snipes had ever seen, even on terrified people, who he'd seen a great deal of.

"Welcome back, shall we begin the interrogation now?" Kuroishi asked, not waiting for a reply.

-----------------------
TRP/SSG Sniping101/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]

Storm you better get your ass in gear, cause Wildcard's gonna make it hot in here.

" (I) Is always hatching plots against newlyweds; I mar the beauty of virgins and cause their hearts to grow cold"

[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited October 24, 2005 9:21:43 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited October 24, 2005 9:26:59 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited October 24, 2005 9:29:15 PM)]
Cosmic
ComNet Marshal

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  4111
October 25, 2005 1:17:20 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
/OOC: Snipes, I'll assume you are placing Wraith on Nep'tera, the capital city as well as the location of VilCorp's base of operations. Two posts back, Anubis got Wraith airborne and sent them to Nep'tera.
-----------------------

"Keep trying to clear it up," instructed Cosmic as he peered over Gates' shoulder to the console that lay below.

"Trying, General. This sandstorm isn't helping much." Gates had been at it for fifteen minutes, and so far was only able to gather bits and pieces of the entire message. All he knew at the moment was that it was from Wraith squad.

"I'm setting the comm. receiver systems to maximum. Hopefully that'll clear some of the static for us to get their main idea through."

Cosmic crossed his arms over his chest and looked out the viewport to his left briefly...

"...Ah! That helped. Their message isn't clear, but it's enough for us to decipher what they're saying."

Cosmic looked down and nodded, "Very good. What's do they need?"

Gates quickly read over the message and looked up at his superior, "They've found someone - an officer. He's wounded, but he's still alive. They're currently questioning him for info."

"Any word from Nightstalkers or Jester?" queried Cosmic.

Gates shook his head, "Not yet, sir. They've probably decided to wait the storm out. We'll probably receive something within the next thirty minutes."

-----------------------

"I've got a visual, sir." Corporal Mik Feer looked back to his squad leader. "Single individual, heading away from the others. Not sure what the's up to."

Sergeant Stafe nodded, "Don't loose him, Feer." Stafe nodded to four of his men, one of them being his assistant, "I want you to follow that group heading out. The rest of us will keep an eye on the loner." His assistant nodded and ordered his team to move out. Stafe returned his attention to Corporal Feer, "Update, Corporal."

"He's on a comm. link, sir. Possibly someone outside the city."

"I'm betting that's where the rest of his group is headed," Stafe pointed out.

"You'd probably win that bet, sir." Mik looked back at his Squad Leader. "You want me to shoot, sir?"

Stafe shook his head, "No." He motioned for the rest of his team to get on their feat, "We move in. Stun him if you need to, but don't kill him."

Feer nodded, "Aye, sir."

---------------------

Ramon Stonefish grunted and tried again, "Anyone home? We're headed back - we're nearing the edge of the city. There's a sandstorm out there though so we're going to have to wait it out until it clears. It's surprisingly windy in the city as well. The buildings apparently aren't that tall, heh. Some stalls have tipped. We'll get back as soon as we can."

Ramon clicked his comm. link off and began to catch up with the rest of his forces.

----------------------

"Sir! I'm picking something up."

Cosmic looked over from a nearby chair, "What do you have?"

"They're requesting backup, sir! Jester's under fire!"

Cosmic leapt to his feet and took a step to the console gates as staring into, "How'd we not detect them?"

"They came from the other side of the oasis, sir."

"Dammit." Cosmic rubbed his chin as he thought, "Means they have eyes down there. How they holding up?"

Gates shook his head, "Not good, sir. They're requesting immediate backup. Apparently a fairly large-sized force just appeared out of nowhere. They need help now."

"Where are they located in comparison to Nightstalkers?"

"About a mile. Nightstalkers will be able to help repel them, sir, but they know we're here now."

Cosmic nodded, "Get a hold of Major Rizzit. Inform him we need his assistance."

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/BG Cosmic/HCA-3/SL/Drill Squad/Tadath/VEA/VE
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  896
October 25, 2005 10:33:21 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Wraith Squad

The officer while not able to give answers that would make Intel's day was still helpfull.

"Thanks to our guest we now have a rough idea of where at least a portion of the enemy is holed up.  The C.O. of his unit is a Major Timmons.  According to what he gave us the lodgings he has appropriated for himself are over here.  If we can manage to grab him, we can break open thier entire deployment strategy.  All other officers are subject to full out CASE White."  Kuroishi briefed as he pointed out a location on the map of the city.

"Sir they have AT-PTs and AT-ATs over that way.  How are we going to get close enough?"  Otto asked.

"Cunning and guile.  The AT-PTs are more of a problem then the AT-ATs, I can take those out easy enough.  We will need to misdirect them somehow.  I'll head over here to the power station ahead of the squad.  I'll blow it and do my best to make it seem like there is a full out riot/attack going on.  Once they move in some patrols to supress we make our move."  Kuroishi answered.

"How can you be sure they will expend that kind of force?"  Snipes asked.

"I'll be leaving a calling card."  Kuroishi answered with a psychoticly depraved glee as he looked over at thier captured officer.

Kuroishi grabbed the officer and left the warehouse.

"What did he mean by calling card?"  Hunter asked.

"You don't want to know.  We have our orders.  Let's get ready.  Next stop Holiver Building, Forgien Quarter."  Otto answered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finding a vehicle with an acceptable cargo area in an industrial sector was harder then many would think, especialy one that would not be out of place near a power station.

Fortunately Kuroishi found an empty coolant truck and stuffed his prisoner in the tank.

Thanks to the low light Kuroishi had no problems with his rathe human appearance and thus with his safe driving he attracted no attention on the trip.

As he pulled up Kuroishi found the garrison he expected.  After all it was a power generator that was close to at least a battallion of heavy mechanized troops.

As the gate guard walked up Kuroishi affixed the helmet of his Varneck Marine Combat Armor.

"Hey what are you doing here?  Our next coolant shipmant isn't due for three days!"  The guard shouted.

Kuroishi punched the throttle to max as he aimed for the gates.

Crashing through he jumped from the truck and rolled to his feet right next to the gate guard.

"Booo."  Kuroishi said as the guard began to relize who was not more then a foot away from him.

Before he could shout Kuroishi punched with all his might and felt the face of his enemy give way to the force of his fist in a sickening sound of crushing bone and tearing flesh.  Before the body fell to the ground Kuroishi grabbed it on a shoulder with his other hand and tossed it into the other guard at the gate.

As the coolant truck slammed into the outer wall of the actual power station Kuroishi picked up the weapons from the gate guards and with a rifle in each hand he began shooting the few guards who showed themselves.

"Too easy."  Kuroishi muttered as he tossed a rifle in the air and shot a grapple hook from his hip onto the top of the power station's actual outer wall.

Once up Kuroishi found his demolision target.  A quick spray of fire discouraged most of the guards from showing any part of themselves to be shot.

Sprinting over to his target Kuroishi dropped a rifle then reached back to where he kept his stores of blasting blocks on his Varneck Marine Combat Armor and quickly placed them while laying cover fire with his other arm.

Running back to the wall Kuroishi pressed the trigger on his detonator.

As he scaled down the wall the expected fireball went up in the air.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Major Timmons, sorry to wake you at this hour but there is something that needs your immediate attention."  An aid woke the Major.

"What is it?"  Major Timmons said wearily.

"Sir, we're under attack.  By The Black Death."  The aid answered.

"How can you be sure?"  Major Timmons said as he got dressed.

"He attacked the power station in sector Delta Four by himself and there is what our sentries spotted."  The aid answered.

"What did our sentries spot?  Spit it out man."  Major Timmons demanded as he straightened his hat.

"The good news sir is that Captain Soun is no longer missing.  The bad news, god I can't even say it without throwing up again."  The aid responded turning green just thinking about it.

"I guess I'll have to see for myself."  Major Timmons said as he walked from his room.

As he made his way up to a sentry post on the perimeter of his zone he saw what they were talking about and proceeded to vomit up the last thing he had ate.

"It's true isn't it?  I've heard the stories but I never imagined.  He really is the truest embodyment of evil isn't he?"  Major Timmons said still kneeling on the floor of the sentry post.

Regaining his composure Major Timmons stood and turned to his aide.

"Send the full force of Alpha Company.  If that does not finish him then the Maker help us."  Major Timmons ordered.

-----------------------
Kuroishi
Angel
ComNet Disciple

Angel

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  2119
Total Posts:  3342
October 28, 2005 11:48:21 AM    View the profile of Angel 
As the shuttle lifted roughly off the surface of Mimban, Angel finally let himself relax. His athletic cut undershirt was stained with blood, sweat, mud, dirt, and oil from the droids, all five mixed together providing an altogether unique scent.

The shuttle entered hyperspace, headed for Devaron on as direct a course as possible. Sighing, Angel unbuckled himself and made his way into the back cargo hold. There he stripped off the ruined shirt, grimacing as the bacta patches Jinx had applied to his back shifted and pulled harshly on the new skin regenerating. He tossed the bloody rag into the far corner of the hold, relishing in the feeling of getting it off his skin. Then he removed what remained of his armor: the leg plates and boots, which left him stranding in naught in the lower half of a black skin-tight undergarmet.

With another exasperated sigh, he sat on the cold steel deck and crossed his legs underneath him. Pulling his mind back into the Force and closing his eyes, he gently used telekinesis to pull off the bacta patches.

He had a better way of healing.

The door to the cargo hold shifted opened as a black clad figure touched the activation panel. Through the Force he could sense Kami's presence without opening his eyes. She silently cross the hold and stood behind her ASL. He sensed her remove her gloves and gently place her hands on his back. A sudden surge of power flowed into him as Kami assisted in healing his wounds.

Focusing this new surge and mixing it with his own energy, he started the slow process of reconnecting muscle fibers, nerves and skin tissue. Sweat began to form on his brow, as the healing drew on and on. By the time the first cut had closed, and the skin completely healed, a small puddle of sweat had pooled underneath him.

Finally it was done.

Angel opened his eyes and turned to Kami. "Thanks Kams." He said, giving her a wink. His head was swimming, the effort of healing his wounds had taken its toll on him, and added the fatigue from their mission, he was on the verge of collapsing.

Opening one of the storage lockers, Kami retrieved one of the emergency blankets from a crash kit and tenderly wrapped it around Angel's shoulders. "You know," she said, "I'm getting tired of having to put you back together...Can you please be more careful next time?"

"I'll try sweetie...but you know how I am. Right now...I think I'll pass out until we get to Devaron." He gave her a quick peck on the cheek, then allowed his body to shut down, collapsing to the deck in a heap.

Letting out a low chuckle and shaking her head, Kami covered her ASL with the blanket and returned the kiss. "Sleep well...we've got another long mission ahead..." She whispered, then exited the cargo hold.

-----------------------
=[Arrogant Elitist]=
=[Jikkyo the Horrible]=
AS-2/ASL/SSG Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Iron Horse Squad/WildCard/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/Vast Empire [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [WM] [GRoM] {BoA}
------------------------
CM/DJK Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Eagle 1-1/Sith/Dark Jedi/Vast Empire/Lopen [VP:1]
------------------------
I'm the sheep that was lost, madre.

Storm you better get your ass in gear, cause Wildcard's gonna make it hot in here.
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2458
October 28, 2005 3:24:58 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Wraith Squad
OOC Sorry guys, its medicore at best, but I've hit a block/OOC

Snipes peered through the scope of his death wind, below his comrades were preparing to infiltrate the Holiver building, It was a municipal building, with a dome on top and probably three stories, which made it sit considerably lower than the surrounding buildings. Snipes was placed on a ledge, behind a statue, on a building adjacent to its west side, the street below what four lanes, giving an excellent amount of room so Snipes wasn't crowded, coupled with Snipes being three stories higher than the Holiver building gave him an excellent view of both the front and back court yards and to a more limited point, the inside of the building itself. The idea for this mission was to go in quietly from the front and quite loudly through the back. Snipes was there to assure a path, the death wind wasn't the only weapon he had up there, with him was a grenade launcher that theoretically could reach the other building, along with his favorite shotgun, for which he had manufactured a back holster, and a DL-44 pistol at his side, just in case. Snipes really wasn't sure how he had gotten that all up there undetected, but he assumed that the clipboard and business suit had helped. A crackle on his comm returned him to the present.

"Alright, Snipes we're at the east wall, tell use when." Otto said in a hushed voice; another of Snipes jobs was to help the squad enter the base undetected.

Snipes peered through the scope along the eastern wall of the courtyard, there were two guards there, but they were sitting by a tree having a smoke with their backs towards the wall.

"Go ahead, theres two at a tree, you should be able to take them down quickly." Snipes whispered over the comm, careful not to give his friends away,

Snipes zoomed out and watched the wall as two barely distinguishable figures climbed over the wall and landed silently on the ground, he watched them make their way over to the guards, and each chose a target and shot the guards in the back of the head, execution style with what were likely silenced slug throwers since Snipes heard to report and saw no bolt. Snipes pulled his scope back to the wall as the rest of the squad came over it. The bodies where then put in a dark corner and the squad made its way to one of the windows, Snipes thought it was probably open, even the nights on Devaron were warm, and his suspicion was confirmed when he watched each of the Wraiths climb in through it. Snipes job was done for a bit, so he sat back with a pair of macro-binoculars and watched the building and courtyards for anything interesting, and prepared a  line in case he had to repel down for some reason. He really found it amazing how much stuff you could carry if you tried hard.

-----------------------

" (I) Is always hatching plots against newlyweds; I mar the beauty of virgins and cause their hearts to grow cold"

[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited October 28, 2005 3:25:14 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Marshal

Rizzit

[VE-ARMY] Major

Post Number:  1974
Total Posts:  2943
November 1, 2005 7:52:26 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Once they were in space, Rizzit got up and began to walk up and down the isle on the shuttle. He looked at all his troopers; they were still pretty badly beat up. He was thinking of how much they had endured already, and here he was about to send them off to deal with more--and on Devaron no less! The empire is certainly not welcomed on Devaron, and walking in would be a big mistake. They would need some casual clothes of some sort to blend in....like a disguise.

Kami and Kairo were in the back talking to each other, when they called Rizzit over. Rizzit didn't see them at first waving at him, and kept on pacing in the isles. It wasn't until they actually called him over that he granted them the courtesy of paying attention. Rizzit strode over to the back of the room and grabbed a seat next to the two Squad Leaders.

"What's up he asked wearily."

Kami looked at Kairo, then turned to Rizzit. "Rizz, you really gotta stop pacing: it's driving me crazy. We're all recovering....but we'll be fine." she then took a small pause. "We're not going to get better any sooner by having you walk up and down the isles checking on us."

Rizzit chuckled. "So is that what you worry-warts called me over for?"

Kairo shook his head. "No, I'm afraid it's a bit more than that. We have concerns about this planet we're heading for. We're concerned about the locals."

Rizzit nodded. "I've actually been thinking about that myself. We're going to have to abandon the stormtrooper armor for casual wear. At least until we catch up with Cosmic and the others. Then we'll see how things work out."

-----------------------
Major Rizzit BlackHeart
Wildcard Platoon Commander
Phoenix Company Commander
Army of the Vast Empire
PC/MAJ
Rizzit/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CRoM][CoH][OPA][SoA][SoS][SCP]
Everything expressed truly from your heart and soul is as pure as gold in the minds of anyone who listens!"--Rizzit
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  899
November 1, 2005 1:00:12 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Wraith Squad

Kuroishi found himself a spot to hole up in.  He had what remained of the garrison and a combined arms company of Walkers and infantry bearing down on him now.  If he was to give Wraiths a shot at getting to thier objective he'd need to distract a bit more and bring it all down on his head.

"Go time."  Kuroishi said as he saw the line of infantry and Walkers.

The infantry were seasoned professionals staying out of the street giving Kuroishi little time to take his shots.

Right as the last man from a squad revealed himself Kuroishi snapped off a shot from his sniper rifle.  Before he even hit the ground the man in front of him was in Kuroishi's sights and the bolt worked and another pull of the trigger.

The Walker was searching for his thermal signature now to support it's infantry.

Kuroishi aimed for the AT-ST's open vision ports and fired at the driver.

"Damn.  They installed transparasteel sheets."  Kuroishi muttered to himself as an other wise perfect shot failed to hit it's intended victim.

As infantry moved again Kuroishi went back to his work of thinning thier numbers out with his exceptional sniper skills.

After two more shots Kuroishi knew it was time to relocate.

"Leave presents for all the good little boys."  Kuroishi muttered as he pulled the pins from three frag grenades and hid them underneath loose pieces of rubble.

Kuroishi ducked out the back way and made it to his secondary spot where he could shoot into his former spot.  Just as he got set he saw what he expected the enemy troops stormed his former spot.

As a group were scouring the position Kuroishi let loose his first shot breaking the rubble over one of his grenades setting off a chain reaction of shattering rubble and two more frag grenades exploding.

Those covering from outside then recieved thier next dose of terror.

Leveling his rifle at the infantry platoon leader's head Kuroishi worked the bolt and snapped off a shot.  Again working the bolt as fast as he could without breaking it he fired into the head of the next ranking officer.

The AT-ST began to shoot into the foundation of the building he was hiding in.

"Not bad, can't find the sniper, take out his hiding places.  Won't work in time though buddy."  Kuroishi said to himself as he snuck up to the roof and crossed over to another building.

The infantry suddenly let loose thier own hail of fire as they spotted Kuroishi.

Mid stride Kuroishi brought up his rifle and let fly another shot taking down another trooper.

The AT-ST began to shift it's fire toward Kuroishi's position.

If he was to get out of this alive he needed to take down that AT-ST.

-----------------------
Kuroishi
Gavyn Kanu
ComNet Initiate

Gavyn Kanu

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  135
Total Posts:  228
November 2, 2005 7:11:53 PM    View the profile of Gavyn Kanu 
Gavyn sat in his seat on the shuttle as they made there way to Devaron. Around him the rest of the two squads lay resting, recovering from there wounds. Gavyn rubbed his chest, where he had his only semi-serious injury. Other than that his wounds were minor, a few scratches and bruises but he was fine, compared to Angel or Dinin. Gavyn looked behind him to see Rizzit discussing something with Kami and Kairo. Silently Jinx walked next to Gavyn and tapped him on the shoulder, making him jump in his seat.

"Sorry," Said Jinx quietly and handed him a white pill, "take this, you need to get some rest." With that Jinx moved on the the troopers behind him.

Turning back around in his seat, Gavyn looked at the pill for a second before popping it in his mouth and swallowing it. Seconds later Gavyn yawned and felt his eyelids grow heavy and force themselves down. Slowly Gavyn began to drift into a pleasant dreamless sleep.

----Later----

"Hey Gavyn, Hey, Wake Up," said a familiar voice, shaking him lightly. Gavyn opened his eyes slowly to see Kami standing above him. "You have to get up, we will be there soon," she said and walked down the aisle. Gavyn slowly rubbed te sleep out of his eyes and rubbed his neck were it was sore from how he slept.I can't wait until i can sleep in my own bed again, He thought, not for the last time.

-----------------------

"A painless lesson, is one without any meaning. One who does not sacrifice anything, cannot achieive anything."

"Do. Or do not, There is no try."

Lance Corporal Gavyn Kanu
Iron Horse Squad
TRP/LCPL Gavyn/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  731
Total Posts:  1338
November 3, 2005 4:00:08 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Kairo had gotten only a small amount of sleep on the shuttle. He had spent a lot of the time talking with Kami and Rizzit as they tried to piece the information they had obtained from their mission together. Only a few things were able to be determined, but nothing about where the supplies had definately gone to when the heavily scarred man, who Angel had named Logan, had betrayed his fellow thieves. They only knew that the stolen supplies had been a new type of droid design that Fury had had created. The datapad that contained all the information on the droids was tucked safely away in Rizzit's bag. They didn't know how many droids Logan had taken with him though, after leaving a few behind to hopefully kill off anybody that came along.

Now, Kairo was changed into a pair of street clothes that had been left on the shuttle. Apparently Rizzit had thought they might have need for regular clothes when the left Tadath, because a set of everyone's clothes had been taken from their rooms and placed in one of the shuttle's compartments. Evne though he was wearing his own clothes, Kairo almost felt naked without his armor from wearing it for so long. He had his E-11/F attached to the very back of his belt, and a cloak  was thrown over his shoulders, conceling the weapon beneath. His retractable vibro-staff was attached at his waste, along with his comlink. His marred and dirty stormtrooper armor had been placed in a different cargo hold.

The shuttle had landed on Devaron close to where Cosmic's message had come from. It was close to a nearby town, but they hadn't been able to triangulate its exact location. Rizzit was going to send out a message once every reached the city. The two squads split up into groups of three or four. Rizzit took Angel and Sam with him; Kairo took Dinin and Jinx; Kami took Eviscares and Giovann; and Zafo took Gavyn and JR. They were not going to seperate too far apart and were told to remain within sight, but when they entered the town, they didn't want to look like they knew eachother. Rizzit had told them to enter the area every few minutes from different directions. Once Rizzit had contacted Cosmic, they were all going to meet his group.

"All right guys," Kairo said to the two regular looking men next to him. "Lets walk around and blend in. Don't look like you are looking for someone or are anxious. Once Rizzit calls us over to his group after he contacts Cos, make sure no one is following us." Kairo's group had entered the city only twenty meters from where Rizzit's group had entered. Kairo quickly spotted Rizzit's group moving along one of the streets then stayed within line of sight while pretending to look at a few of the shops wears. "Just blend in until Rizzit gives me a call." Kairo whispered to Dinin.

(OOC I didn't quite now where to go with it, but that should get us somewhat started. )

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SR.SGT Kairo/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR][BC]

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2479
November 3, 2005 6:46:07 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Wraith Squad
OOC: Yeah, its short and i finish up for everyone, no one else was going to do it /OOC

Snipes brought the lighter up to his face before he realized the cigarra would give his position away. He clicked the thing shut angrily and started flipping comm channels; getting nothing he went back to the agreed upon one and once again lifted the macro-binoculars to his eyes. He wasn't seeing anything interesting, or hearing anything interesting until he heard the distinctive click of a safety being switched off next his head.
Taking is eyes out of the binoculars Snipes looked to his right, and he was staring down the barrel of what looked to be a B-22 hold out blaster, a distinctly imperial weapon. Looking around the weapon Snipes saw the one holding it, it was a male devaronin standing on the ledge next to him, Snipes was amazed the man had been able to sneak up on him like that.

"Lift your hands nice and easy" He growled. Once Snipes had complied he had more instructions, "Now stand up, slowly, and keep your hands up."

Snipes complied until he was in a standing position, facing the devaronian. "Well, great place for a hold up."

"Shut up. Now walk towards me, slowly." He growled again as he started walking backwards.

Snipes walked towards him, ever fallowing him as he walked confidently backwards until they came to an open window, Snipes knew the time to make a a move was soon. The devaronian crouched down and half way through, with his gun arm extended at Snipes, this was when Snipes struck, he swung himself sideways and forward, then grabbed the gun arm and pulled hard, pulling the surprised devaronion out of the building in to the free air. Snipes watched him fall with mild amusement, he twisted and screamed and made a general child out of himself, he even tried shooting at stuff, but Gods only know what, the shots were wild and erratic, with no visible destination to any of them. Snipes smiled with grisly pleasure when the devaronian hit the ground and his body crushed itself against the pavement below, Then Snipes frowned as he realized has going to have to leave.

"Wraith, my position has been compromised, I'm going to have to move." Snipes spoke softly into the comm, the guards at the Holiver building were going to have heard the agents fall.

"Roger, Sniping101, do what you have to." Otto said, as he was leading with Kuroishi away.

Snipes walked quickly but carefully back to his spot, grabbed his rifle and his duffel bag, took out a spare data pad and scribbled out a suicide note, which he left by his gargoyle hiding place. Then Snipes jogged, as best he could, to a different window, the one he had come in through on the other side, it was shut though. Snipes sneered and took out a blaster, three shots on the latch let him push it open with ease. Snipes ran then, down the empty night time halls and into the turbo lift, collecting himself once in the lift, he hit the 'L' button, for the lobby. Snipes adjusted his swoopers jacket on the way down, he favored the jacked because it was long and easily concealed things, but had leg straps on the inside and a split up the back to maintain ease of movement. Also the dust colored rough exterior blended into almost environment.

The turbo-lift doors opened and Snipes stepped out, taking a left through the large and entirely empty of life lobby, Snipes made sure the dead guards were still sitting in their chairs and were still perfectly dead. Then Snipes walked calmly out the back door, into a side street and proceeded to jog to the last building in the block and break in, the he went up the the third floor, found a room with a view of the Holivers back court yard and barricaded himself in, so nobody would sneak up on him. Snipes brought his death wind up again and surveyed the courtyard guards everywhere, Snipes turned his scope towards the front exit, he could see little of it from his position, but what he could see was a group of infantry marching quickly out, turning and coming down Snipes four lane street, Snipes quickly exchanged his Death wind for the grenade launcher in his duffle and prepared himself for the worst; but they marched past him. Snipes stuck his head out the window in bemusement, and partial anger. So, I'm not good enough for them, well just see about that. Snipes knew though there wasn't much he could do without endangering the mission, so he waited a few minutes, he knew Wraith should be out by now, but they weren't, it bothered him. The street was quiet, like it should be at night, and fairly dark, sporadic street lights lights intruded on the darkness in some areas, but not enough to truly beat back the night, instead creating islands from which it would be impossible to see out of. Snipes listened, but he could hear very little, the guards and soldiers made some noise, but not a great deal, and there were few vehicles. For whatever reason no one had even looked twice at the splattered devaronian, Snipes felt left out.

"Sniping101, We've been engaged by the enemy, we need an exit." Otto's voice rang over background blaster fire.

"I got it" Snipes chuckled with glee as he hefted the grenade launcher and chuckled.

The walls of the holiver building weren't designed to take explosions, and Snipes was going to see th bluff. he lined the building wall up in his sights and began firing , the grenades hit fist one on the top, second one bellow it, third one below that, last one on the ground floor, creating a magnificent rip in the side of the building, he did the same thing on the back side and chuckled as they sent their undermanned garrison do try and block the holes, chances were they thought they were being bombarded by artillery, it would be a few minutes before they realized that it had merely been a man with HE grenades.

Snipes almost laughed as he left the building and went back to the Wraiths getaway speeder on the other side of the block, Snipes re-equipped himself with a repeating blaster and a bag of explosives, running back to the wall, Snipes watched as small patrols of likely the least trained began to exit the building and search the  area. Snipes repeating blaster was his answer for them as he place liberal amounts of explosives on the wall surrounding the 'H' building. Snipes ran again to the other side of the block as the two more patrols of white terror left the building. Snipes jumped in the covered speeder and started it up, then waited a minute.

"Sniping101, Get over here, we're coming out." Otto yelled again, with considerably less blaster fire behind him.

"On my way."

Snipes spun the speeder around and pulled up the exit he had made. Wraith squad was struggling their way over, one of them was laden down with an overweight man. Snipes hopped out of the vehicle and grabbed the repeating blaster, opening up he gave Wraith some covering fire as they made their way to the speeder, the man was tossed unceremoniously in the trunk, then shot, probably a second time, with a stun capable blaster. Snipes tossed his gun down and hopped in the speeder. Hitting the accelerator Snipes handed Otto a detonator.

"Would you like to do the honors?" Snipes said through a smile.

Otto chuckled and then hit the button.

---------------------------------------

Ber'radal looked around in the chaos, dead or dying stormtroopers everywhere, the holiver building was now just rubble covered in the rubble of two nearby buildings. The number of surviving was almost none, and as he looked around, he realized he probably wouldn't one of the few. The holes in his gut could be attributed the driver of their getaway vehicle, the rubble coving his legs was probably from the Holiver building, he knew this was his last day in the galaxy. At that point he stopped thinking about his surroundings, the dead, the dieing, the few surviving, he let it all go and just stared up at the sky, wondering where he had taken a wrong turn, to end up no more than another dead stormtrooper. He looked to the horizon and witnessed his last sunrise before his consciousness faded and it all went dark.

-----------------------

Vin Diesel has been known to have philosophical debates with R2D2.

Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  902
November 5, 2005 5:05:21 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Wraith Squad

"So is this how my life is going to end?  No it cannot.  I still have too much to do to bring about my retribution."  Kuroishi muttered to himself.

Kuroishi hit with sudden inspiration grabbed a blasting block and affixed it to the end of one of his grapple rods.

"Let's see how you like this AT-ST."  Kuroishi said as he popped up from behind his deteriorating cover and fired the rod and it connected with the AT-ST.

Activating the retraction motor at maximum speed he let go of the grapple rod as he was pelted by the infantry from below and blasts from the AT-ST flew just above him.

Diving back under the cover Kuroishi redied his escape from the scene.  A thermal and smoke grenade to cover him from the infantry once the AT-ST was nuetralized.  A press of the button on his detonator control and he heard the AT-ST wobble and lose balance.

Tossing the grenades Kuroishi grabbed his remaining grapple rod and descended from the building under cover as the smoke and fire obscured him.  Stray shots flew around him and some even connected before he managed to get over the ledge and away.

Returning to the safe house was difficult as patrols were now hightened but Kuroishi ducked them by going through the sewers.

-----------------------
Kuroishi
Pawn of Dragons
ComNet n00b

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  21
Total Posts:  51
November 5, 2005 7:24:30 PM    View the profile of Pawn of Dragons 
Dinin was aware of only two things in his hard wrought unconsciousness from the real world. A dull pain that lined all his senses, even in dreaming, and the screams. The screams of his city, his friends, his family, his loved ones. Jerking uneasily on the medical bed, he got the "privilege" of seeing the destruction of his life all over again, starting with his closest friends.

Barrel and his family had gone first. He had been fifteen when they stormed his house. He was shot three times before the killing blow. Then was Lez's family. He had the mercy of being shot once, in the head. He had been seventeen. Next, the stormies rushed into Lizzra's house. She was eighteen, and she got some of the worst fairings out of the city. Driven by their adrenaline, the troopers raped her and her mom before killing them. After that, they came Audry's house. She was eleven, and the one that Dinin had been closest to, and, though he still had no idea what happened to her, he had never seen her dead body, which gladdened him, for it gave him some small hope of maybe finding her somewhere in the universe. After that, they came to his house. His parent's barely managed to hide him away before they were brought before a colonel and killed in the most humiliating execution style.

The troopers took what they wanted, doused the place in fuel, and set it ablaze. Dinin had just barely managed to get out.

His exhaustion racked mind couldn't keep the images or the screams from overflowing into his awareness. He was finally allowed a reprieve in the form of Kairo, rousing him from his drugged sleep. Upon waking fully, Dinin noticed that his wounds had healed almost completely. His back and his right leg still sported huge, painful grooves though.

He was brought up to date as he was dressing into his civilian clothing, which consisted of his usual black attire and trench coat. His hair and tattoo's might become a problem should someone decide he was someone to follow, but he pushed that aside. As a final act, he tied one of his returned Sak'tar blades to his right leg, so his limp might cover it up, he also put both of his pistols into their hip slung holsters.

As they walked into the city, they, Jinx, Kairo, and Dinin, pretended to browse shops, while secretly keeping touch with Rizzit.

"Just blend in until Rizzit gives me the call..." Kairo whispered to Dinin.

Dinin looked down at his clothing then back at his SL. "Can I really do otherwise?"
[This message has been edited by Pawn of Dragons (edited November 5, 2005 7:25:14 PM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  909
November 9, 2005 7:03:40 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Wraith squad

As Kuroishi trudged through the sewers he came to the junction he wanted only to find that the direction he wanted to go was too small for him to get through and the other choice according to the schematic he had would lead him across town.

Finding the nearest exit Kuroishi climbed out of the sewer and found himself in a residential section.

"Hey what's that over there?"  Kuroishi heard someone definately human but muffled as if wearing armor shout as he put the cover back in place.

"Great."  Kuroishi said as he sprinted for the nearby two story house.

Launching himself at the door Kuroishi rolled through the impact and came to hise feet rifle at the ready surveying the large open living area.

Then out of the corner of his eye he saw movement atop the starirs.  In a blur of motion Kuroishi spun around and pointed his rifle at the dark shape then took his finger off the trigger and lowered his rifle.

"You...  I seen you on the news.  You're Kuroishi, the Black Death aren't you?  Please don't hurt me!"  A young female Devaronian nervously pleaded as she cowered at the top of the stairs.

"Why would I hurt you?  You are a civilian.  I can complete my objective without killing you, so you shall live.  Though I would recommend you get out of here as the people who are likely approaching here now may not be so forgiving."  Kuroishi replied as he surveyed the ground floor to find an alternate exit.

Taking the back door out Kuroishi managed to slip into alleyways and evade further persuit until he got back to the warehouse.

As he closed the door behind him Kuroishi could not help but feel gratefull that his armor was designed to survive prolonged periods in the vacum of space.  Otherwise he might be smelling the aromas that come with a trek through sewers.

Hosing himself off Kuroishi made sure his armor was clean.

Standing before a mirror as he removed his helmet Kuroishi looked at his buzz cut hair and wrinkled face.  Both betrayed his age far more then he liked but he was not so vain as to color his hair or have cosmetic alteration to remove the wrinkles.  While they may be unpleasent reminders of his age he was still who he was and nothing could change that.

Changed into his street clothes Kuroishi sat in a recliner he had found to make the safehouse more comfortable.

He found himself reflecting on his encounter as he awaited Wraith's return.  He had always enforced a proffesional pride in his units of having the lowest civilian cassualty rates of any unit they could keep accurate records on.  Even his Fallen Angels were lower then many New Republic Special Operations units.  The only mar on that record was an incident with a fouled up train schedule.  This night though he had managed to take a small step back toward that former mark of proffesional pride.

-----------------------
Kuroishi
Phenix
ComNet n00b

Phenix

Post Number:  9
Total Posts:  186
November 10, 2005 12:57:43 AM    View the profile of Phenix 
Nightstalkers

Phenix and Nicholas let themselves off their shuttle taxi about an hour's walk away from the squad shuttle area, just in case someone took notice of them.

"Let's just grab something to eat and check out these files. Better check it out to see if this stuff is even of any use," Phenix suggested. Nicholas nodded and led the two into a nearby cafe, which neither Phenix nor Nicholas cared to catch the name of. The cafe itself seemed to be divided by race, with Devaronians near the back end and humans at the tables around the doors.

Phenix and Nicholas ordered some food for themselves and decided to seat themselves near the other humans to make sure not to arouse any suspicion. Phenix layed the folder on the table and gave a section of papers to Nicholas and a section for himself. Investigating the information, Phenix didn't find a whole lot on locations, but the whole file was littered with important officials.

Phenix put down his section as he noticed a red divider that seperated a certain stack from the others. He took the set of papers and glanced over them. On one paper he found a list of known Imperial identities residing on the planet. Apparently a squad had been placed here to investigate an undercover Devaronian escape route from the captive base on Nep'Tera. In Phenix's hand was all the information he would need to find the leader and all of his troops.

Reading closer, Phenix noticed that all of the troops were bunked in different places, but all within a 12-block radius. The sector of the city, referred to as "RES 9-2," was not familiar to Phenix. In fact, Phenix had not recalled any code name sectors in his studies of the city from Imperial charts.

"Sector RES 9-2...I'm not familiar with this system. I didn't read anything about it. RES must stand for residential...9-2 must be a location code or something. Block 9, section 2 perhaps?" Phenix asked his partner. Nicholas shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. Without a second thought, Nicholas got up and approached a group of humans in the far corner, next to his seat.

"Hey guys...I'm trying to find a friend of mine and I'm told he's found in sector RES 9-2. I was wondering if you could help me out," Nicholas asked curiously.

The group looked around at each other and returned their gazes to Nicholas, who looked a little uncomfortable now. One member stood up and replied, "As a matter of fact...we're just heading there right now...we'll show you how to get there."

For a moment, Phenix's mind ringed with alarms that could only spell trouble, but he swallowed his objections and followed them out the door. Besides, they pair of them could take out the group...there was only 5 of them...

After only a few minutes of walking, the leader (or so he appeared to be), turned and said, "This is it. RES 9-2 spans 12 blocks out each way and the perimeter is right on this street. What's this guy's address you're trying to find?"

Phenix blurted the first thing to come into his mind. "Uh...apartment block 6, room 81." The Imperial squad captain's room, Phenix realized.

The leader smiled, nodded his head, and kept on walking. After reaching a small complex, the leader walked in and led Phenix and Nicholas up the stairs.

The building was the kind that looked liked ivory, but smelled like ash. Metaphorically, Phenix thought this meant that something was going on. He was on to them...but not quite as quickly as he needed to be.

The group grabbed Phenix by the back, twisted his arm, and held him in place as another member threw Nicholas to the ground. These guys know what they're doing to take down two Imperial-trained soldiers Phenix thought, trying not to panic.

The leader bashed the end of a blaster into Nicholas's ribs and grabbed him by the hair. "What are you really doing here and why are you looking for my room?" he asked impatiently.

Phenix realized that Nicholas recognized the captain and his troop from the papers as the guy behind them in the cafe. Phenix didn't even notice until now. That's why he acted so quickly...

The leader continued. "That code...where did you get it? You will answer or your friend will die, I promise you!" the captain threatened as he pointed the blaster at Phenix.

"Fine! No shooting! If you let go of him I will tell you...I promise you," Nicholas mocked.

The captain hesitated and decided that it was a bad idea. He glanced at Phenix to take aim, but that was the only second that they needed. Simultaneously, Nicholas thrusted himself at the captain, as Phenix twisted around and threw the enemy who was holding him to the ground. Reaching for the captain's blaster, another soldier kicked Nicholas in the chin, sending him backwards.

In one motion, Phenix slammed his fist into the downed soldier's throat and wihpped out his own blaster, which he kept in a holster on his right side. He pointed the gun at the captain, who was currently srawled out on the floor, and demanding silence in three commanding words: "Everyone freeze...NOW!"

With that, no one moved... but Phenix could feel eyes prying into his back. "Whoever is behind me will fall to the ground or will be shot." When the figure did not move, Phenix took his aim and released a bolt into the soldier's forehead. "Fine..."

"As of now, I am doing the questioning and you will answer. Captain Regael, have a seat on that chair. You two...in the corner or you'll join your companions on the ground! Now, Regael, I must know how you knew we were up to something and what all you know," Phenix demanded impatiently.

"The...the only reason I knew was because that code...RES 9-2...is an Imperial code. It means Ranked Executive Station, officer 9, troop 2. It's a secret code location for my squade. And, gathering you have the code, you must know my mission by now. We're monitoring the area for possible safehouses for escaped Devaronian convicts," Regael replied.

"There are 2 troops here? And what do you mean 'convicts'? Those Devaronians are being used like slaves. Have you found any safehouses yet?" Nicholas asked.

The captain simply looked off into the distance and muttered, "You will not impede the Empire's plans...not even for my life. I can't say anymore. Take my life if you will, but I won't be responsible for failure. If I fall, it will be loyally to the Empire!"

"Well, you will have the next little while to think about that then, won't you?" Phenix remarked, looking very grim...

After tying up the captain and his men in the closet, Phenix placed a tracking device in one of their pockets and left the files in there with them. Then, feeling very self-satisfied, reported to Ramon Stonefish on the files and told him to follow Phenix's tracker to find the squad captain.

Now to find the other troop...

-----------------------
Private First Class Phenix
Nightstalkers Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PFCPhenix/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LoR]

"Let me help you tie the rope around your neck..."
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2512
November 11, 2005 7:45:25 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Wraith Squad

Snipes parked the speeder in the warehouse and hopped out, letting a whole line of sick and unhappy wraiths out behind him. Snipes walked briskly to the trunk and pulled the fat man out who was slowly regaining consciousness. Snipes heaved him over his shoulder and walked into the office area where they had kept the other prisoner. Kuroishi was already there, back in civilian clothing, as the squad filtered in, Snipes fallowing last plopped the man down on the hard floor with little ceremony and no consideration. Kuroishi nodded and then he and Otto went upstairs, Snipes made the squad leave before sitting down on an empty barrel to watch the prisoner. His hands and legs were tied and his head had a bloody blindfold wrapped around it. Snipes looked at that for a second until, curious, he walked over and pulled it off, Snipes saw a rip in the flesh near the back of his head, blood was patting in his gray streaked brown hair and it was already becoming an entangled mess. Snipes pushed his head back down as the thick body began to move. Snipes stepped back and sat on his barrel again, watching the man reanimate.

It was slow, first his head moved a little, and then his limbs tested their bonds, his eyes flickered for a second, he was trying to maintain the illusion of being unconscious.

"Give it up, Timmons," Snipes said, lighting his cigarra, "heh, I knew this guy Timmons once, horrible cook." 

The man gave it up this time and opened his eyes, the face was one of fear that the he tried to hide behind gray eyes that many would have found cold. "You'll, you'll never get anything from me, I won't talk, I won't betray the Empire, Rebel scum." He ended in almost admirable courage, he even spat.

Snipes wasn't pleased at all though, so not pleased that he stood up and, after walking slowly over to Timmons, kicked him swiftly in the face, after hearing him scream and watching teeth fall to the floor Snipes kicked him again, in the gut.

"I got called back from a rather enjoyable mission to deal with your sorry ass, so don't push me." Snipes spoke, returning to his seat as Kuroishi, Otto and Anubis all tried to push through the door at once.

Kuroishi looked from the man lying fearfully on the floor, stomach down on the cold cement, and then to Snipes, sitting comfortably on a barrel smoking a cigarra and looking absent. Otto kept his eyes on the prisoners ever widening ones and Anubis was just trying to see past the two taller men

"Snipes, you do know that we need to actually talk to him first, don't you?" Otto asked cynically, and half rhetorically.

"Guys, so glad you could make it, he was making an ass out of himself, so I felt it was my civic duty to teach him some basic etiquette." Snipes said in mock defense.

"Remind me never to take a class from you then." Kuroishi said, fixing his eyes on the major laying helplessly on the floor.

"err. . .yeah, I'll just leave you two alone then" Snipes said, hopping off his barrel and making an exit that required shooing the entire squad into a different room. "Oh, and Kuroishi," Snipes said, fumbling in a pocket and withdrawing a white half a foot long cylinder "Use this, I  forgot to turn it on" Snipes tossed it to the squad leader and then went upstairs and plopped himself into Kuroishis recliner, glad that Kuroishi had the sound dampener, Snipes didn't want his sleep interrupted.

-----------------------

Vin Diesel has been known to have philosophical debates with R2D2.

Kuroishi
ComNet Member

Kuroishi

Post Number:  913
November 15, 2005 12:23:21 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Wraith Squad

Kuroishi walked to where Major Timmons could see him without a doubt.

"Now if you look closely you'll notice I look quite a bit like a man in your security files under the War Criminal section.  That is because I am the Black Death, Leader of the Fallen.  Your soul will be mine."  Kuroishi said as he closed the door to the office.

***several hours later***

"Well he's ready for Intel to pry out anything they want.  We'll need to contact Cosmic to arrange a pick up then.  Situation is pretty standard.  They have thier main element up here in the capital keeping any large scale organized resistance in check through standard fear tactics.  The bad news is after last night they are going to be far more vigilant.  We're going to have a lot harder time moving against these guys without some heavy back up.  We'll hold up for a bit, we have to keep an eye on our guest anyway.  Hopefully Cosmic can come up with something."  Kuroishi briefed the squad as he closed the door to the office behind him.

-----------------------
Kuroishi
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > PLT Comp Story 3 (Wraiths, Jester, Nightstalkers)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:43:25 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 158  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >