ComNet n00b

Zurth Scrace

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  9
Total Posts:  65
  RE: Aegis Topic
September 4, 2006 7:30:19 PM    View the profile of Zurth Scrace 
Reporting for duty, Sirs.

Actually, Im pretty excited. Just got the message from Shazam that I finished BT, and am assigned here to Aegis.

Guess, Now, I gotta read up on where we are, and report to Jaden when I see 'em.

-----------------------
(=A=) 'LCRW'
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  558
Total Posts:  1363
September 5, 2006 4:00:35 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
May want to fix your ID line Zurth

oh...like he couldnt have copy pasted someone elses and put in name and rank

and can someone post on the story
-----------------------
FM/SCRW Raigen/Aegis 1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=)(VC:B)
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 5, 2006 4:07:15 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 5, 2006 4:07:54 PM)]
DJ234
ComNet Member

DJ234

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  781
Total Posts:  794
September 5, 2006 4:03:03 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
*smacks raigen on head* he has to do it himself :P

Weclome to the wonderful Domain of Aegis

-----------------------
Aegis Squadron
----------------------
I think war might be God's way of teaching us geography~Paul Rodriguez
----------------------
FL/PO1 DJ234/Aegis-5/Phoenix wing/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=SA=) [VC:B] [CoB] [BWC]
Jaden
ComNet Marshal

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Division Head

Post Number:  1045
Total Posts:  1963
September 5, 2006 6:41:54 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Hmm...New recruits that smell fresh.  It's been a while.

Zurth, welcome to the Squadron, as well as a good warm welcome to Feris.

Boys...we've got a mission to do.  Finish the story.  I'm going to make a post tomorrow so I can blow lots of things up and get the plot really going, so Zurth, if you haven't read the entire story, I would suggest to do so now because its going to get moving pretty darn fast.

If you new recruits have any questions what so ever, contact me via the messaging system, if you know how to do that.

Wait, why am I calling you new recruits.  You are now FULL FLEDGED squadron members, and Aegis Squadron at that.

We are going to be the best we can be, and I want every single one of you to give it your all.  We're going to blow this story away, going straight into chapter nine and post like mad there, and who knows what next? Maybe by our lonesome 7 of us, we'll conquer the galaxy.

Booyah

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Aegis Squadron

-----------------------------------------------------------
CMDR/WO1 Jaden Khaar/Aegis 1-1 (Aegis 1)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S][SV][CBV](x2)

Commander of Aegis Squadron
Naval Academy Executive Officer
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  560
September 5, 2006 8:42:28 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
1.Meh, I still call em recruits. They just got recruited and are thus, recruits...to me.
2./me loads a mosquito shot into his shotgun and cocks it.
Lets do this!
30 odd b1 battle droids start loading weapons onto a the CR90 Croc
3.I talked to Chipmunkman for a bit on aim. He seemed....chipish.
4.Can we name a ship Irwin or Croc in honor of Steve Irwin.
5.Ill post tonight....maybe.
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 6, 2006 8:24:28 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 6, 2006 9:04:10 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 6, 2006 5:30:44 PM)]
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  574
September 7, 2006 3:11:31 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
I got a bunch of my post done. Ill finish it tonight maybe.

-----------------------
Zurth Scrace
ComNet n00b

Zurth Scrace

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  14
September 7, 2006 3:36:07 PM    View the profile of Zurth Scrace 
I hope you do, Raigen. Heh. Been waiting on you to play off of your post. BUT, I got a post that deals with the rest of the VENA training and the three day fast he was ordered on.

By the way, Im not sure where I should post that topic when I come to posting it.

-----------------------
FM/LCRW Zurth Scrace Crin'Doloi/Aegis 2/Pheonix Win/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
Jaden
ComNet Marshal

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  1046
September 7, 2006 5:07:18 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Alright boys, I want reports by Friday night, no later, and that means from every one of you.  You new guys, just send me a message here on the VE and I'm sure I'll get it, because I have to send in a squadron report on Saturday.

As for the story, I haven't read it quite yet, but I'll get around to it.  Looks like you guys are doing an incredible job, keep it up.

Alright, back to things I have to do.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Aegis Squadron
Strike-Cruiser Doashim Weapons Officer
CMDR/CWO Jaden Khaar/Aegis 1-1 (Aegis 1)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S][LSM][SV][CBV](x2)
TXO/CWO Jaden Khaar/Venom 1-2 (Venom 2)/Phoenix Wing/Platform Saratoga/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S][LSM][SV][CBV](x2)
Zurth Scrace
ComNet n00b

Zurth Scrace

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  15
September 8, 2006 5:09:51 PM    View the profile of Zurth Scrace 
I just hope that my posts are good enough for the rest of you. Heh. Always have been so discriminating towards my writing.

-----------------------
FM/LCRW Zurth Scrace Crin'Doloi/Aegis 2/Pheonix Win/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
Jaden
ComNet Marshal

Jaden

Post Number:  1048
September 8, 2006 5:56:00 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Your posts are freakin awesome man, better than most I've seen around here lately, and they are more than the average length, which is good.

I posted on the story, which should get everyone going and should be able to catch Feris Landala up.  Also, Zurth, you can post that stuff about continuing from the academy ON the academy, because thats where I'd be looking at it.

Good posts from everyone.  I would like to see everyone get another post in this weekend.

Awesome guys, seriously.  There will be promotions everywhere after this mission, I promise.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Aegis Squadron
CMDR/CWO Jaden Khaar/Aegis 1-1 (Aegis 1)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S][LSM][SV][CBV](x2)
TXO/CWO Jaden Khaar/Venom 1-2 (Venom 2)/Phoenix Wing/Platform Saratoga/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S][LSM][SV][CBV](x2)
[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited September 8, 2006 5:58:52 PM)]
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  582
September 8, 2006 6:23:24 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
I'm not being mean, or I'm not trying to be at least, but maybe I didn't get this across clear enough.

Raigen just got his ass blown out and is now drifting in space unconcious.

-----------------------
On Leave
Zurth Scrace
ComNet n00b

Zurth Scrace

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  18
September 8, 2006 7:51:38 PM    View the profile of Zurth Scrace 
I didnt notice the unconsciousness floating, otherwise I wouldnt have written the post I had the way I did.

-----------------------
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  585
September 8, 2006 8:45:13 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
Explanation to leave: I'm out of the story so *kaput* and I need time to write a story about Raigen's new leg...He's becoming mucho machino. Also, I'm designing ships for the VE. Im remaking my Korribian Centari Class Super Star Destroyers and If Someone aproves their construction I'm donatin em to teh VE. I want to have a ship at 5 times the length of an Eclipse and have it be the VE's FlagShip. Boo Yahh...thow it'll never work....maybe if they call it Atrus II. KccSSD Atrus II...I like the sound of that. Anyway....

-----------------------
On Leave
Darr-Rann
ComNet Member

Darr-Rann

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  862
Total Posts:  1587
September 8, 2006 9:16:01 PM    View the profile of Darr-Rann 
A ship five times as long as an eclipse-class star destroyer would be impossibly expensive. Additionally, I dont think there is a shipyard big enough to build it.

Also, The Atrus is named in memorial of an old member. The name isn't really there to throw around.

-----------------------
Raiders
SL/SGT_Darr-Rann/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR]
|EXO/WO2_Demonic/Kaph 5/PheonixWing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE| (=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(VC:B)(MC2)(VEB)(DSM)[BWC]{O1}-=TOP PILOT=-
SERGEANT
WARRANT OFFICER, 2ND CLASS
Communications Technician
Part time Webmaster Guy
"DICTATOR DARR"
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  586
September 8, 2006 9:55:11 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
Well, if you had asked, I already designed a construction method for building such ships. You simply build a metal frame and skeleton in space, not in a shipyard. It works like mesh and you then start applying the hull to it. Once the hull is airtight, air from a nearby planet fills the ship so the workers can breath. The ship's hull works as a shipyard and the ships inside parts are constructed from withen while the mesh framing is disassembled and used in various parts of the ship. This eliminates the need for shipyards.

and I know why the atrus was named that. Which is why i thought they would want their flagship to carry the name.

-----------------------
On Leave
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 8, 2006 9:56:26 PM)]
Zurth Scrace
ComNet n00b

Zurth Scrace

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  19
September 8, 2006 10:15:09 PM    View the profile of Zurth Scrace 
The method that Raigen is describing is used by Durga the Hutt in the book Darksaber to develop his modified version of the  Death Star. He has a bunch of little animals building it, as Bevel Lemelisk watches over the construction. So within the SW realm, the development of things in this manner is not impossible, though the cost of such would be quite expensive.

-----------------------
blah909
ComNet Cadet

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  287
Total Posts:  287
September 9, 2006 1:03:51 AM    View the profile of blah909 
Throwing around such terms as "5 times the length of an Eclipse" obviates the lack of real design. Think about practical applications of military vessels. Although a giant ship would be good for smashing large fleets, it immensley expensive and non-divisible. What I mean by this is that you have this giant ship trying to scramble around the galaxy and be everywhere at once (the only way your investment pays off). However, if you take this money invested and instead develop several smaller vessels, this group can actually be at multiple locations to deal with multiple insurections. That's why Iowa-class battleships are an economic no-no in the US Navy, and are simply expensive artillery in the modern day geopoltical climate.

In contradiction, I propose you focus your efforts on more detailed smaller ships.

As for my suggestion for the VE arsenal, imagine tapered cylindrical vehicles approximately 80 meters long and 20 meters wide at the center. It is manned by a droid piloting system in com with the commanding ship. A large capital ship could mount several of such weapons on the hull with chemical or electromagnetic launching systems to accelerate the weapons when launched at targets. These heavily armored weapons would continue the acceleration with powerful conventional sublight drives, and serve as manuevering mechanisms. This fast, massive chunk of durasteel would be used to ram enemy capital ships. It would bypass the sheilds and use its speed and armor to simply ignore enemy fire (or be used to draw the fire as a distraction) as it pierced sheilds and slammed into the enemy. Once embedded into the outer hull, the droid would crash the reactor system and cause a massive explosion of energy. It would make a fatal weapon when used on corvettes, or cause serious damage to mainline capital ships. Now if you launched multiple KAPOW's (Kinetic Armor Piercing Obliteration Weapon), all hell would break loose.

My three cents.

-----------------------
FM/SCR Tobias Kneoic/Aegis 2-7/Phoenix/Atrus/1st Fleet/VEN/VE/(=A=)

^Fancy 'nuff?
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  589
September 9, 2006 10:42:37 AM    View the profile of Raigen 
Hmph...The one I was talking about is more like the exector, with a self sustained city on it. it is a defence craft as well as a rarely used planet bombarder. Think of it more as a movable shipyard or movable spacestation equiped with food proccing plants, tie fighter factories, and stormtrooper training fascilities allowing for military operations to be untrackable and operate in more convinient areas. This also allows for crafts such as the mSSD Atrus to be built inside of it or dock inside for easier repairs. This also gives those crafts the freedom to go out like regular ships  instead of acting like a home base or like a scaretactic

my TWO cents....well really more like a quarter.

Nice post btw blah. /me buys a for blah

Pwahhhhahahaha.....dorsal fins.
-----------------------
On Leave
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 9, 2006 10:55:23 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 9, 2006 10:56:07 AM)]
Jaden
ComNet Marshal

Jaden

Post Number:  1050
September 9, 2006 11:36:50 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Alright, there is NOT going to be, "Hey, my character is unconcious in space", cause thats not freakin possible unless you are still in the fighter, and I haven't had a chance to get back to the story yet, but I don't want people just leaving.  Raigen, your activity has been good and If I were you I would just keep it up and keep writing on the story or I'm not going to award you anything but a medal.

I thought we were tight Raigen?  Why the hell would you just want to up and leave like that?

As for the ship designs, everything is all mixed up and people are just spamming eachother, but intellegently at that.  The ship could be built, but it would take YEARS, I hope you know that, and with the size of the ship it would be literally impossible to get hyperspace coords, and whatever else.

Blah's ideas are great, and don't worry guys, I do take all ideas into consideration.  I can HAVE that ship built, but there is NO money to build it, and I CAN have all of those droid piloted vessels built, but what would be the use for them?  Remember, we will use all of these things in a story, this is not a game.  I alone don't have even close enough money to fund all of these things, so I present this.

Starting a squadron bank account.  Don't worry, I can do that or get it done.  But, all of the paychecks will be wired to the account, and I'll even put all of my stock earnins and my entire bank into the account.  We could use this to buy equipment for the squadron,n but nothing too big because we are a squadron, just remember that.

Darius and I were also talking last night about something new that I'll be creating in my spare time.  It is the Navy's equivelent to the Armys' ARC.

Imperial Special Ops.  It's pilots who are basically all Tom Clancy style and get everything done from Slicing to demolition.  Not sure what the status will be on that being able to be created, but only a select few will be part of the squadron.

Nevermind thinking all about that, lets get back to squadron things and keep this story going.  Thanks for all the reports guys, looks like DJ is the only one who didn't get a report in.

Also, I'm looking for a person to fill the XO position because Hunter is going on an extended leave, so anyone who thinks they are qualified and have the time to do so, let me know.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
Aegis Squadron
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  590
September 9, 2006 1:51:52 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
Hmmm....Raigen is still in the fighter. But he blacked out...thats what happens when you start spinning or turning fast. His ship never `sploded, just got pushed out into space is all...and I really need time to pull up my grades. As for the ship designs...they arent all extremely large star destroyers...I design fighters as well.

and as for the special ops....I had that idea but I figured that someone would just say i was spamming so I didnt post it....darn me.
-----------------------
On Leave
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 9, 2006 1:53:46 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 9, 2006 1:53:46 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 9, 2006 2:35:52 PM)]
Zurth Scrace
ComNet n00b

Zurth Scrace

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  20
September 9, 2006 2:01:11 PM    View the profile of Zurth Scrace 
I wish I was qualified for the XO position, but hardly would be probably a couple months from now, Heh.

As for the story, I guess my post was to happen before Raigen's. Beings he was unconscious in his craft or the like.

-----------------------
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  592
September 9, 2006 9:51:56 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
I try to get out but they keep pulling me back in...I'm terminating my leave...the damn leprachauns cut short my vacation.......those bastards.

-----------------------
On Leave
Zurth Scrace
ComNet n00b

Zurth Scrace

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  22
September 10, 2006 3:47:05 PM    View the profile of Zurth Scrace 
Heh, the leprechauns? Lay off the acid dude.....and stay away from the clap....

*clap clap*

-----------------------
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  595
September 10, 2006 4:49:55 PM    View the profile of Raigen 

hehehe...i needs to lay off the hootch

anyhooo....Im bringing Raigen back into the story leg and all and having him take out some accursed ships.

I also think we should vote on who takes out the suicide ship.

My vote:

Jaden

-----------------------

La Resistance
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  599
September 10, 2006 5:33:24 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
HA....this is late....but, Hunter....would you please step foreward.

I honor you with this new avy Hunt....hehehe.

-----------------------

La Resistance
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 10, 2006 5:36:01 PM)]
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  600
September 10, 2006 5:33:54 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
Hunter finnaly has a personalized avatar.

and in other news....I just made 600 posts.....im such a spammer.
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 10, 2006 5:34:46 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 10, 2006 5:36:29 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited September 10, 2006 6:08:20 PM)]
Zurth Scrace
ComNet n00b

Zurth Scrace

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  24
September 10, 2006 5:47:42 PM    View the profile of Zurth Scrace 
I thought Jaden said that Hunter was gone for a while?

-----------------------
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  601
September 10, 2006 6:07:29 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
He was signed on today...maybe just not active....anyway....VOTEKILL ESAU....vote for who gets to kill it zurth...and no voting for yourself.

-----------------------

La Resistance
Zurth Scrace
ComNet Novice

Zurth Scrace

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  26
September 10, 2006 7:03:25 PM    View the profile of Zurth Scrace 
I say, and this is my vote, we have most of the squad firing on the Fin to kill the ship. Not just one, but everyone together....minus myself, as I only have cannons left.

-----------------------
Raigen
ComNet Member

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  602
September 10, 2006 8:13:41 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
Ahh the ol` unrealistic simultaneos firing. Well, vote for a person as a secondary option.

-----------------------

La Resistance
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Aegis Topic  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:10:44 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 62  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >