Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > DD's relaxation trip

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  DD's relaxation trip
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  1338
  RE: DD's relaxation trip
June 20, 2005 12:58:03 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
  (OOC All right. Four pages. )

As the door creaked open, Kairo saw a dark, smashed in face with beady eyes staring out at them. The man was short, which made Kairo have to look down to see him. "Who are you and how do you know the code?" He asked.

Kairo decided he should take the initiative and establish himself as the one to be regarded. "Greetings. My name is Sulobant Gryphith." Kairo whispered. "I heard that there was a meeting here for people who aren't...shall we say...Pleased with the imperial control of Cepany."

The man paused a second, then asked, "Who's he?"

"This is my brother. Tolbus Gryphith. He's mute, but I normally know what he wants to be said." Kairo explained while viewing what he could of the room beyond. Cautious, aren't they. The door had only been opened wide enough for the short man to view them.

"Very well. You know the code, so that fool of a bartender must trust you enough. We'll have to search you before we let you in though. We wouldn't want any trouble." The man opened the door wide enough for him and his taller friend to step out into the hall.

"Of course, but I must warn you. My brother will not allow himself to be searched. He was abused as a child and hasn't let another human being touch him since then. You can always try, but you might lose a limb." The two men paused as they started to reach out for Zafo, then stopped and looked at their hands.

"We'll let him slide, but we will have to search you."

"Go ahead. I do have a few weapons, but that is for my own protection. You can't be too cautious. Allow me." Kairo then reached into his folds and brought out his blaster that was attached to his hip and chest. The two men took them and waited to see if Kairo was finished. Kairo smiled knowingly. He reached behind his back and unstrapped his beloved blaster's holster. Handing it to the larger man. Kairo put a stern look on his face. "Touch it, and you die. I'll be taking it back later. Just keep it in its holster." The man looked at the holstered weapon, then at Kairo. He nodded. "Well, now that that is taken care of, can we enter?"

"I hate to let you in without a full search, but we are looking for sympathizers to our cause. Come in." The man knocked once and said, "Let me in, you know it's me." The door slid aside to reveal a shadowy room. The lights had been dimmed, and the many occupants wore cloaks and hoods. Kairo nodded and entered. He watched as the taller man walked over to a table and deposited his weapons. Walking over to the table, Kairo took a seat and took a quick glance into the hall before the door closed. He saw Squall walk by in an unobtrusive manner. Good, he knows where we are.

A man from across the table greeted them. "Welcome to our little meeting. We are always looking for potential members. Don't mind Grant. He hasn't trusted anyone since an activist who had snuck into one of our meetings smashed his face in. Since then, we've had to beef up our defenses and security. Anyways, where did I leave off gentlemen?"

"You were about to go into another rant about how the empire is bad and we are the defenders of justice." A surly man in a dark cloak said from a corner of the room.

Pretending like he hadn't heard the man's snide remark, the original speaker said, "Ah yes. Thank you. Interestingly enough, we have another new member who we have been explaining the reality of the situation to for the past few days. As I'm sure you know, the Imperial reign that is over us right now is corrupt and needs to be demolished for the good of Cepany. It is a plague that is surrounded by shadows. It has only given us worse conditions, since it took root. It has taken our natural supplies, stolen our children to serve in its abominable army," Kairo put his foot on Zafo's to stop him from rising, "And caused widespread poverty." Zafo looked at Kairo with a look that said, How can you stand it? Kairo just shook his head and turned his attention back to the speaker. "It has to be stopped. To do this, our leader has the perfect plan to start the balls rolling. Would you like to meet him?" A few of the members nodded, and Kairo fallowed suit. "Good. He is very secretive though. He has to be for his own protection. If the rulers every found out where he was, they would try to kill him to stop him from spreading the truth. We are the righteous. It is our destiny to bring order back to Cepany."

Cheers broke out, and a few members started to clap. The speaker raised his hands to silence them and continued. "Thank you. Now, let's get into some more interesting matters. We have a lot to discuss tonight..."

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SR.SGT Kairo/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR]

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
You may forget the past, but it always has a way of haunting your future.
Men can die, but a symbol is eternal.
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 24, 2005 2:06:23 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  332
Total Posts:  1305
June 21, 2005 5:21:15 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
"Hmmm, I got an idea." said Gio. "Go around the side of the building, wait for my command."

Sam acknowledged this, and went to hide around the corner. Giovanni knocked on the door. A great deal of shuffling could be heard on the other side. Whoever was there obviously didn't expect visitors, especially not in this storm. The door creaked open.

"Who's there?," a voice said. All Giovanni could see was his gun barrel and his gloved hand.

From above him dropped Giovanni, who met him with a drop-kick to the chest. He signaled for Sam, who set his weapon to stun and came around and in through the door. The door led to a room with a chair and a table. It was a small room, and at the end was another door.

Giovanni picked up the guard's limp body and sat him down on his chair. He searched the individual's jacket and found only a few credits and a dagger.

Sam, soaked in water from the run into the place, looked over to Gio as if asking What now?.

Giovanni studied his surroundings for a few more seconds.

"Judging by the outside of this place, you'd think it'd be a run down building, with some water leaks here and there. Looks like that isnt the case..." he observed. "Marcus, come in. This is Gio. Do you copy?"

Marcus' voice rang through the comlink.

"Can you pull up the plans for this place? It looks like its been remodeled. I wanna know what surprises this place has. Radio silence until you can provide me with some blueprints."

"Roger that," said Marcus. Once again, the room was in silence. A bolt of lightning sent a jagged line across the Cepany skyline.

Just then, the knocked out guard's comlink sprang to life.

Here comes trouble...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

*Corporal Giovanni A. Bryden*

TRP/CPL Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR]

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

[This message has been edited by Giovanni Bryden (edited June 21, 2005 6:54:27 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  512
June 23, 2005 9:48:42 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
  *In the Meeting Room*

The primary speaker was still at it inside the dark room. Kairo and Zafo had been sitting through speech after speech. Kairo had tried to pay attention to most of it, but had found his mind wandering off for the past few minutes. How long has it been? Man, only ten minutes. This guy is even more boring than some of the teachers I've had. Does he really think this is how to bring in potential recruits?

"Dart," the speaker continued, "You were the newest before these two, fine gentlemen joined us. You raised a few interesting questions earlier. You said you saw thing clearer after I explained things to you then. Do you have any more questions now?"

"No Farrin. I understand perfectly now. The new regime that is over us must fall. It is the only way for true peace to return. Not this twisted and evil mess of tyranny that disguises itself as a bearer of justice. I am ready to fully follow Grenton to the death if it means saving Cepany."

"Very good Dart. I'm proud to know that you are on our side," Farring complimented with a air of a father deeming his son worthy.

This guy is good at turning people's ears. Kairo thought as he saw a smile appear on Dart's face. He's able to make people believe they are dying for a worthy cause. It makes it that much harder to hate some of these people. We have to get to the core of the problem. Grenton...

"How about you two, do you understand the situation we are in now?" Farrin asked, directing his attention toward Kairo.

"I know that I speak for both myself and my brother. He would probably be cheering right along with you if he wasn't mute." Kairo looked at Zafo with a look of brotherly compassion for effect. "But he is, so I will have to speak for the both of us."

"I extend my deepest sympathies to you." Farring nodded to Zafo. Zafo nodded back, with a hint of distaste. Farrin didn't noticed.

"As for your question," Kairo continued. "I am a little bit more reserved with my fealty than others. I trust my eyes more than my ears, and my brain even more. Words are nice, but evidence is better."

"So, you want evidence of the Imperial corruption?"

"Yes."

"Very well, but first I would like to know your name. I don't remember it."

"That's because I didn't give it. Your minion there knows. Ask him." Kairo responded.

"Cocky and strong willed. Interesting. You're not the average man, are you..." the short man who had answered the door spoke into Farrin's ear, "Sulobant?"

Kairo smiled slightly and stared into Farrin's eyes. "You'll just have to find out."

They held the stare for a few seconds. It seemed to stretch into eternity as each man tried to find the answers that they sought in each others eyes, as if they were windows into the mind. Farrin was the first to break the contact by turning to one of the men in the room. "I can see that you would quite the added addition to our group. I also know that you are going to need a push in the right direction. Grant, bring out the map of the city. It's time to show these fine men what is really going to be happening tonight and where we will be going next."

*Across the Street*

The voice on the other end of the comlink got louder with each passing moment. "Gio?" Sam asked.

"I think it's going to get a little hot in here soon." Giovanni answered, as he gripped his weapon harder.

"Come in Davis. Damn it, come in." There was a moments pause as static filled the room. Then the transmission was cut off.

"I think we need to get to a safer area than this. Marcus, do you have those blueprints yet?" Gio asked, as he quietly moved across the room and took position on one side of the door frame, motioning for Sam to take the other side.

"I need another minute. Breaking into the cities computer files doesn't just take a second. You have to get through all the firewalls, then the access codes, then the..."

"Just get them." Gio cut Marcus off. "I don't need to know how."

"Oh yeah. Sorry. Just hold your position for another minute." Marcus said as the sound of his fingers hitting a keyboard emanated from the comlink.

"Where are you anyways?" Gio asked, listening for any movement from the other side of the door.

"I'm with Tay'Ren in the van. I put all of my slicing tools and things on the truck when we came. I hacked into the system from here. It was really cool. First I..."

"You're ranting again. Do you have the file yet?"

"Sheesh, I'm just trying to talk here. It's boring inside this hovervan."

"You're not the one with his life on the line here."

"Ok, ok. I have it right here. Your in the first room right?"

"Yes." Sam answered this time.

"Ok, there is one door that leads out. That door connects to another room that has three separate doors. The one on the right leads upstairs. Another one the left goes downstairs, and the third goes to a storage area."

"Does it say where the recording room is?" Gio asked, as he heard footsteps approaching.

"No, but I can find out. I'll just have to hack into the shipment files and worker logs to see where they said that they put the stuff. Hopefully, they didn't just drop it off." Marcus informed.

"Send it to us when you're done." Gio shut off his comlink and nodded to Sam. Gio kicked open the door and saw two men approaching from the right side of the room. Surprised looks appeared on their faces. Sam rolled into the room and stunned one of the men in a split second. Gio hit the other one a moment later. "Hmm. They came from upstairs. That is probably where the keep the guards, so the recording room is downstairs." Gio concluded.

"If you're wrong, we can always go back upstairs." Sam stated.

"Downstairs it is." Gio lead the way as Sam kept his holdout blaster aimed at the other two doors. Once they arrived at the door. Gio put his ear next to it and listened. Motioning for Sam to take position behind him, Gio quietly opened the door. A stairwell curved immediately from the door down to the basement of the building. Moving as quietly and as quickly as they could, Sam and Gio were soon on the bottom landing. There was another door with computer sounds emanating from the other side. Leveling out his blaster, Gio threw open the door and fired at one of the technicians. There was only one gaurd, who quickly fell before the combined power of Gio and Sam. The technicians didn't even know what his them. Giovanni's comlink sounded as he was about to sweep the room for any remaining attackers. "Yes?"

"The recording room is downstairs." Marcus said with a proud note.

"We know. Now get in here." Giovanni responded.

"You know? Fine. I'll be there in a second. You might want to check upstairs though, because it says there is a guard station there." Marcus stated then ended the transmission.

"Let's go." Giovanni said. Sam grinned.

Once they arrived, they saw Marcus entering the building. Marcus ran over to them, then immediately moved downstairs to hack into the system and record the conversation that was taking place inside the meeting room. Giovanni and Sam went upstairs. After following the stairs, Sam and Gio paused before another door. Sam smiled and motioned for Giovanni to pause. "I've been dying to use this." Sam pulled out a stun grenade and set the timer. Cracking open the door, Sam threw it into the room. A cry was heard from the other side, then the door was pushed shut by the force of the grenade. Opening the door, Sam and Gio found five stunned guards sprawled out on the floor. "Well that was fun." Sam said.

"Yep. It's up to Kairo and Zafo now. We should head back downstairs." Gio said and moved out of the room.

*The Meeting room*

"Yes sir." Grant said, pulling out a large, rolled up map from under the table. Opening it up, Kairo saw that it covered the entire table. The map showed every detail of the city.

"Amazing isn't it. It also has an added bonus of showing us many other features." Farrin stated as he pressed a part of the map near him. Suddenly, it blurred and then cleared to show the pipelines of the city. Farrin pressed a different button. This time, buildings showed up as red and blue. New buildings also appeared. "This one shows all of the buildings and complexes that aid the empire. It also shows all of our hideouts and places where Grenton stays periodically. As you can see, most of our buildings are on sub layers of the city. It is impossible to find without knowing where they are in the first place." Farrin pressed another button. Now the map showed all of the buildings once again, but this time little red dots appeared next to them. Farrin touched one of the dots. The schematics for the building that the dot was next to appeared where the building was and expanded to take up a larger area of the map, so they could see it clearly. Farrin pressed the dot again. The building returned to normal.

"Impressive," Kairo stated. He was truly amazed at by the map. He knew how long it must have taken to make it.

"Thank you. Yes, this took a lot of time and care to make. It is almost priceless in value. Now, I believe it is time for all of you to meet our leader. Yes, that's right. Grenton himself will be there. He is going to be visiting," Farring pressed the button that showed the separatists buildings, "Here." Many people leaned forward to look. "You should know, Suldobant, that almost everyone in this room is a prospective member just like you. Only ten of us are actual members. The rest are well on their way to joining us though. Well, six, now that Dart has joined us. Are you ready to meet our leader? Can we trust you all or should we wait?" Farrin asked the room.

"We're ready," Kairo answered for everyone. "I'm sure once we meet him we know for sure that we are to join this noble cause, and if not, then we probably won't live to see the light of day again."

Farrin grinned. "You are full of surprises Sulobant. You will excel through the ranks quickly. This is a time for celebration. We have new members and they are all about to meet our grand leader in just a while. What is it?" The short man had appeared next to Farrin's shoulder again. "I see. Well gentlemen, it is time for us to leave. Oh, and I do believe it is time to drop the charade, Imperial."

Kairo wasn't surprised that Farrin had somehow found out who he was. But why did he tell me all of that?

Everyone in the room jumped up from their chairs, pulling out their weapons. Everyone that is, except for Kairo and Farrin. They remained sitting. "I'm sure you're wondering how I know. It's quite simple. We like to follow every Imperial group that lands on the planet. It took my friend here quite awhile to find out who you were though. You're squad is a hard group to follow, and I have no idea where the rest of them are. Though I am guessing they are in this building somewhere. Unfortunately, that area on the map is where Grenton will be. It won't do you any good though. We will inform him that he will have to go somewhere else, and we will just destroy the base before you can get there.  Now, it is time for you to leave us. We won't kill you, if you allow us to leave the building. Your life for ours."

Kairo grinned. This guy sure like to play mind games. "Interesting. Unfortunately for you, I don't like to let separatists go. Plus, you aren't even getting out of this room." Kairo leapt over the back of his chair. He kicked it as he landed, sending the chair flying across the room to his one of the people in the room. With that, all hell broke loose. Zafo had two of his weapons drawn in a blink of the eye and had downed two of the fourteen remaining men in an instant. Blaster fire shot out across the room the instant Kairo had moved, which had made both Zafo and Kairo to drop behind the table and chairs the moment they had taken out their three targets. I hate to do this, but I have to. Kairo pulled out his two throwing knives and slid underneath the talbe. Four pairs of feet surrounded him on the edges of the table. Spinning himself on the ground, Kairo cut all of the men at the ankle, causing them to drop to the ground in pain and screams of anguish. Meanwhile, Zafo had taken out another separatist. Suddenly, Kairo heard a loud wookie roar and heard a loud crack and solid thump onto of the table a moment later. Three more men fell to the ground. The three remaining men were Grant, Dart, and Farrin. Grant was grabbing Kairo's weapons off the table. Dart and Farrin were barricaded on the opposite side of the table and were fending off Zafo and Arrow. After Arrow had landed on the talbe, he had jumped backwards and landed next to Zafo.

Sliding out from the left side of the table, Kairo saw Grant pick up Dragon's Fury. Feeling anger well up inside of him, Kairo flipped the daggers in his hands and tossed them directly at Grant. They pinned his arms to the wall. Fear welled up into Grant's face as he saw Kairo run across the room toward him. Farrin saw Kairo and launched a series of shots from his blaster. Ducking down, Kairo changed tacks and lunged directly at Farrin. Taken by surprised, Farrin moved backwards, directly into a shot from Arrow. Dart was soon overwhelmed by Zafo and joined his fallen leader on the floor. Kairo turned around and stepped up to Grant. "Those are mine." Kairo reminded. Grabbing his blaster and holster, he strapped it onto his back again. He also grabbed his Kylon-3 and Mynock slugthrower. "G'night." Kairo shot a stun bolt into Grant's stomach, causing the man to go limp against the wall.

"What do we do now Kairo?" Zafo asked from his position across the room.

"First we get the authorities to take these men to jail. I'm sure they would like to know that these men are involved with the trouble they have been having recently. Then, we go meet Grenton." Kairo turned on his comlink and connected with the other members of the squad. "Marcus. Can you shut off the transmission jamming in this room?" Kairo asked to no one in particular. A few minutes of silence fallowed.

Kairo was about to ask Zafo something, when Marcus' voice broke through Kairo's comlink. "Are you there?"

"Yes I am. Did you get all of that Marcus?"

"Yes. I couldn't even tell what was going on in that firefight though. That was just sick. Remind me not to piss all of you off." Marcus answered.

"Good. Make a copy of it, edit out the fight, meet Gio and Sam, and meet Arrow in the hovervan. Gio and Sam, get to the hovervan also. Squall, wait for us outside the door. Did you hear anything by the way?

"Nope, those rooms are definitely sound proof." Squall's voice said.

"Arrow, I need you to climb back outside through the ventilation system, go to the hovervan, get the copy of the meeting, then come back here the same way." Kairo ordered. "We'll be waiting."

Arrow gave a mournful wookie sound then jumped back into the cooling system. Ten minutes later, the wookie dropped down once again. Kairo and Zafo had folded up the map and placed it in the middle of the table. They had also placed all of the men on the table with their weapons on the other table. The wookie handed Kairo the recording. "Thanks." Kairo placed it on top of the map, and then placed a datapad next to it.

"What's that for?" Zafo asked.

"It will tell the authorities what happened and who these guys are. Now it is time for us to go. Arrow, go back through the ventilation system. Meet us at the hovervan." Kairo and Zafo then moved out from the room. Opening the door, they saw Squall waiting for them by the stairs. After closing the door, Kairo and Zafo walked over to the stairs. Three minutes later, they had made it out of the cantina. Opening up a channel, Kairo said through his comlink. "Marcus, send the authorities a message telling them to get to the room we were just in. I don't care what you say, just make is convincing. And don't make up a name."

"Roger." Marcus said. It was still raining profusely outside as Kairo, Zafo, and Squall ran across the street. Stepping into the hovervan, they met up with the rest of the squad.

"Some vacation," Squall laughed.

"Sorry." Kairo said. "We'll relax later. Right now, we have to get to business." Kairo then related the story of what had gone one inside the meeting room.

"Wow. So what now?" Sam asked.

"First, we are going to go back to hotel and get as much firepower as you can get without going overboard. Then we will head to the area that Farrin told us about. I know exactly where it is. It is underneath a statue that Zafo and I raced to very recently. You remember don't you?" Kairo asked Zafo.

"Sure do. That thing was nice. But how will we get inside?" Zafo responded.

"Well, we will split into two groups. I haven't decided who will go with whom yet, but you and I will be leading them. Now, let's get back to the hotel. I don't know how much time we have. Just get your equipment once we get there, and then meet me out back. Don't go through the lobby. I don't want people getting suspicious seeing a large group of heavily armed people. I would advise armor on this one. Stormtrooper or whatever. Now let's go. Zafo, get to your bike." Kairo and Zafo ran back out into the pouring rain and to their bikes. After driving through the horrid rain once again, they all arrived back at the hotel. Running inside, they ignored the protests of the clerk who complained about the amount of water they were spraying on the floor. "Sorry," Kairo yelled over a clap of thunder as the squad packed inside the turbolift. Once they made it to the circular room, everyone went to their respective rooms. Kairo halted as he noticed someone standing in the middle of the room.

"Who are you?" Kairo asked.

"My name is Tolvus Jimbru. I've been transferred to your squad from Raiders. Rizzit said I would find you here. I've been waiting for the last half of an hour." TJ informed. He was in stormtrooper armor and was wearing a cloak.

"It is a pleasure to have you aboard. You're Tolvus huh? The colonel. Interesting. We're about to go out on a mission, and we need all the support we can get. So, get your equipment ready and meet me here in five minutes." Kairo stated as he ran into his room. Kairo decided he was going to take his same weapons with him on the mission, but he knew he had to put part of his stormtrooper armor on himself so he didn't get killed. Taking off his cloak and weapons, Kairo put on his boots, leg armor, breastplate, arm and shoulder protection, and gauntlets. He didn't bother putting on the underlay of the armor and decided to just wear what he had on under it. Kairo then belted on all of his weapons that he had had before and strapped on his cloak. He also grabbed two new daggers and two grenades. Once he was finished, Kairo ran back out into the lobby with his helmet in his hands.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will be victorious in ten thousand battles.
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 24, 2005 2:09:57 PM)]
TJ
ComNet Cadet

TJ

[VE-ARMY] Colonel
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian

Post Number:  218
Total Posts:  261
June 24, 2005 12:55:07 AM    View the profile of TJ 
  TJ had only been in the squad for a couple days, only about an hour not including travel time and it seemed as if he would be seeing his first real, live action in quite some time. He was not worried though, as he had kept himself fresh and in superb shape during his time on leave and had begun to further hone his skills now that he had returned to the Corps.

Rizzit had told him that the squad had come here on vacation, but that Kairo had reported a situation and to be prepared. As a result, TJ was pretty well armed by the time he had run into Kairo. Having said this, Kairo's actions gave TJ a sense of urgency and as Kairo entered his room TJ did likewise to pick up a few extra things.

Throwing back his cloak, TJ ran his fingers over his pair of E-11 Marksman blaster rifles. To most they weren't much but they fit TJ perfectly and had always gotten the job done. Something told him that he would not be back too soon and he reached for a couple extra ammo cartridges as well as a few various grenades. He probably wouldn't need or use them but it would be better safe than sorry. Making one final check that his lightsaber was securely attached, TJ exited his room to meet back up with Kairo...

-----------------------
Colonel TJ
Dark Dragoons Squad
TRP/COL TJ/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
{CDSx2}{ES}{CM GW}{LoCx7}{MSM}[IOC]
Sith Guardian TJ

"Conquer fear, and you will conquer death."
"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
*Joined December, 1999*
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Novice

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  41
Total Posts:  794
June 25, 2005 1:10:08 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
    Sam ran up to his room, to grab some more gear after they had entered the hotel. He did this knowing that what was about to happen would require some firepower.
    He grabbed his E-11 and cleaned up his hold-out blaster and grabbed a few grenades, too. He tossed on his stormtrooper armor and tossed his dark cloak back on. He rushed off leaving his helmet behind. He wasn't to worried about his head being hit.
    "These sepratists can't possibly be that good with a blaster. At least I don't think they will be," Sam thought to himself as he went done the stairs which leads to the back of the building. "I should look into getting some dark colored armor for jobs like this. This cloak won't cut it in this type of weather."
    As he hit the landing he saw Kairo coming down the stairs on the opposite side of the back hallway. Sam waved to him.
    "What no helmet, Sam?" Kairo said.
    "I don't think I'll need it. I've seen some battles with Rebels, who have been trained to their limits. Besides I can't stand that thing anyhow," Sam laughed.
    "I would prefer that you bring it. The squad really can't afford to lose anyone on this mission. You are a good soldier and because of that I would like to keep you around, now go get your helmet," Kairo said, "And besides that the guys we are going up against are probably more trained in marksmenship than those gaurds."
    "...But I really," Sam started.
    "Just do it, I don't want to hear anything of it," Kairo interupted.
    "Fine, I'll get it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to keep it on the entire mission. If you have a problem with that then tough," Sam said sternly as he went back up the stairs to retrieve his helmet.
    With in moments, Sam was headed back down the stairs to the back of the building with his helmet in hand.
  -----------------------
TRP/CPL Sandwich Sam 2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
*DarkDragoons*
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base are belong to you.
[This message has been edited by Sandwich Sam (edited June 25, 2005 6:14:46 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  530
June 27, 2005 2:29:05 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  *The Backside of the Hotel*

After Kairo had sent Sam back upstairs, he leaned against the wall to rest for a minute. Looking at this chronometer, he saw that it was almost midnight. Looks like there's no rest for the weary. Come on Kairo, stay awake. You've only been awake for about the last seventeen hours. You need to stay sharp tonight. Just follow the plan, and if things go wrong, make it up as you go. Kairo smiled at his last remark. He had come to realize that as the leader of his squad it was up to him to come up with a plan to get them out of situations. He had never had a love for plans but preferred to do things off the cuff. Now though, he was being forced to think ahead more and more often.

Kairo heard booted footsteps approaching from down another hall. Opening his eyes, he straightened and waited to see who it was. Suddenly, he heard a loud squeak, heard a thump, and saw Tay'Ren slide by down another hall. Another loud thump emanated from the direction he had slipped; followed by a curse. "Are you alright Tay?" Kairo asked as he leaned around the corner. Tay'Ren was picking himself off the ground as dignified as he could.

"Yeah. Damn boots. Apparently they were still wet." Tay'Ren said, trying to save what scraps of pride he had left.

Kairo burst out laughing, letting his stress and anxiety rush out of his body. An embarrassed look spread across Tay'Ren's face, then he burst out laughing as well. After a few seconds, their fit had ended and Tay'Ren stated, "That was pretty funny, but you didn't need to laugh."

"Sorry, I couldn't help it. Thanks though. I needed that." Kairo said and lead the way back to the meeting area.

After a few minutes, TJ, Sam, and Marcus had arrived. They stood, waiting in silence. After a little bit, the rest of the squad had arrived. They all had cloaks and their armor with them. Some had personal armor with them. Zafo and Squall were wearing their ARC armor for better protection and to add that element of fear into the group. They all had their helmets in their hands. Kairo couldn't tell what weapons they all had, but could see glints of metal in the folds of their cloaks. Marcus had a backpack strapped under his cloak and Kairo guessed he had his communication tools stashed inside.

"Are we all ready?" Kairo asked. They nodded. "Quiet tonight. I hope you aren't too tired, because I have a feeling this is going to get dangerous. I don't want any of you losing concentration, so while we are on our way to the destination, I want you to all get as much rest as you can. It is about thirty minutes away, so you can a little sleep. This is what is going to be happening. This is all I know. It is widely known that Cepany has an underground resistance. It has had one for many years. It isn't anything new, but they didn't use to be as aggressive as they have been recently. Riots and speeches have been getting more and more common. People are starting to get annoyed or begin to believe what this rebel group is saying. Their leader goes by the name Grenton. I do not know if that is his first name, his last name, or even if it is any part of his name, but I do know that he needs to be captured. That is what we are going to be doing tonight. There is apparently going to be some sort of meeting for new people to hear and see Grenton. Obviously, he is goign to be heavily guarded." Kairo pulled out a map of the city. "This is where the meeting is going to be held. This is only the area and not the exact building. I'm guessing it is underground, beneath the statue. I have a plan on how we are going to get inside. We will split into two groups. I will lead one while Zafo leads the other. I have made a decision while on this mission. Zafo is going to be our next ASL."

A few people patted Zafo on the back and few whooped. Zafo grinned. "That's enough celebration for now. It will be official once this is all over. We'll celebrate then. Anyways, I will try to infiltrate the meeting by posing as a resistance person and trying to spot where people keep going. This is going to be a big meeting, so I expect a big crowd. They'll try to be secretive, but I'm sure we can spot them and get inside. Tay'Ren and Sam, you will be with me. Now, the other group that Zafo is leading, will be sneaking inside through the sewer system." A few loud groans emanated from the rest of the group. "Yeah yeah. You're going to get dirty. There is a problem. They are many sewer lines that lead out of the river that is next to the statue. I'm thinking, they have a few that connect to their base, but it might take a while to figure out which. Also, because of all of this rain, some of the lines might be flooded. If it takes your group longer than twenty minutes to get inside, then I want you to backtrack and wait outside. If you do get inside, I want you to get to a control station and obtain control. If things get too dangerous, get back to the surface. Marcus, you are going to be our look out and relay point. You will remain outside at some vantage point along with Arrow. If anything looks weird tell us. We will be sending you messages and asking for anything that you can provide. If everything goes well, my team will get inside and spread ourselves out in the room that the meeting is held at. I'm assuming it will be a large auditorium, so it will fit all of the occupants. Once the speech is almost finished, I will cause a distraction by making a very large explosion on the surface. I'm going to need your help making it Sam. Panic should ensue. Zafo's group will aid in the panic by setting off the alarms and any other warning systems. Once that is done, get to the main auditorium. My group, once the panic happens and people begin to leave, We will try to capture Grenton. He is likely to flee the area and run with a group of guards. It is our job to catch him. If things go exceedingly wrong, we are to bail out and meet back here. This is important, but it can be handled another time. Is that as clear as mud?"

A few people laughed. "Crystal," Giovanni supplied.

"You have time to go over your parts, and ask me again on the way there. Are we ready to move out?" Kairo asked. They all nodded. "Ok then. Head back to the hovervan. I want everyone inside this time. I will be going on my speeder bike, but that is because I have to do it. Talk to me through the comlinks. We're going to rap around the hotel on the outside. Get your helmets on and try not to be seen if you can. The separatists know we're here, and they knew that we were gone from the hotel and at the cantina earlier. I don't want them to have that benefit this time. Now move out." Kairo pushed on his helmet and threw his hood over it. He ran out the back door, followed closely by his squad.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 29, 2005 6:44:25 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  338
June 28, 2005 1:50:33 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
The Dark Dragoon's squad, now in full strength, marched around the hotel towards the hovervan. The sight of a fully armed Squadron of Imperial Stormtroopers would send a shiver down the spine of anyone unlucky enough to be out at that time of night. The rain, however, dampened the sound of boots in the hotel lot, and made the Dark Dragoons look like just odd, dark shapes out from a distance.

The dragoons quickly piled into the hovervan. Giovanni, closest to the door, slid it shut and spoke into his comlink.

"Let's move out."

The van sped off ahead of Kairo, but not for long. A few seconds after, his speeder bike raced ahead, barely staying in view. Giovanni removed his helmet and took a look around the van at his cloaked squadmates. Everyone looked anxious, checking and rechecking their equipment. Everyone except TJ. The look on his face told Giovanni that he had seen it all.

The presence of such an experienced trooper gave him a sense of comfort. He didnt know why, but he felt at ease.

"We should arrive there in 20 minutes or so" said Kairo over the comlink. "Try and get whatever rest you can until then."

Well, in that case...

Gio leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

TJ
ComNet Cadet

TJ

[VE-ARMY] Colonel
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian

Post Number:  219
Total Posts:  261
June 28, 2005 8:06:27 PM    View the profile of TJ 
Upon hearing Kairo's announcement, TJ shifted in his seat and took what time he had to meditate and keep up his strength and concentration. Having just arrived, TJ was still well rested and ready to go. Glancing around, he was surrounded by a mentally and physically worn squad. They had been in action for several straight hours now and seemed to be running on almost pure adrenaline. No matter how anxious and tired they seemed, he felt a sense of security among them. Even in their present condition, they were more than able of getting the job done and it would be interesting to see how they would handle it.

Although TJ was calm and prepared, it had been a very long time since he had been a part of something like this. It was only a matter of time now before they arrived as the lights were powered down and the hovervan slowed. Another few turns later and they came to a complete spot. Deep breaths were taken as the squad prepared to disembark. One by one, helmets were put on and covered with cloaked hoods. For several moments dead silence filled the van before the door slid open and Kairo appeared...

"All right guys, let's move out"...

-----------------------
Colonel TJ
Dark Dragoons Squad
TRP/COL TJ/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
{CDSx2}{ES}{CM GW}{LoCx7}{MSM}[IOC]
Sith Guardian TJ

"Conquer fear, and you will conquer death."
"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
*Joined December, 1999*
[This message has been edited by TJ (edited June 28, 2005 8:07:15 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  535
June 29, 2005 8:01:26 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  "All right guys, let's move out." Kairo said as he moved into view by the people on the inside of the hovervan. "Good luck, Zafo's team." Kairo said as they passed by him to exit the van. He saw them run off in the direction of the river. Meet you on the inside. Kairo stepped into the van. He saw Marcus and Arrow preparing to head out. Marcus had a large backpack on his back. Kairo nodded as they left. "Keep in contact. Remember, if either of you see anything odd, send me a message." The two squad members left the vehicle and started to look for a good look out position. Kairo turned to Sam and Tay'Ren, saying, "Our turn. Sam, you will find some very nice explosives in the back of the vehicle. Grab them and let's go." Sam hurried to the rear of the vehicle as Tay'Ren and Kairo stepped out. Kairo looked around. They had parked the hovervan a few alleys away from the statue's clearing, while Kairo had placed his speeder bike directly at the base of the statue. Kairo and Tay'Ren ran over to a wall and waited for Sam to exit the vehicle.

He appeared a few seconds later with a bulky bulge under his cloak. Kairo motioned for them to follow him. A few minutes later, they were looking out into a large clearing in the middle of the buildings. Standing directly in the center was the large statue. Kairo knew that the separatist's base laid somewhere beneath them, but right now, he had to set up the distraction for later. "Tay, stay here and tell us if any approaches our position. Sam, follow me." Kairo ran out into the clearing, weaving between odd trees that had been transplanted their for decoration.

Luckily, the pouring rain aided them in not being seen. It seemed like the storm would never end. As he stepped close to one tree, the strongest gust of wind yet buffeted him, causing him to reach out for the branches. His hand barely grasped the edge of the foliage, but Sam wasn't as lucky. He was forced to drop to the ground, but even then, the force of the wind slid him across the wet ground. As the gust subsided, Kairo saw that Sam was more then three meters from his original position. We have to get inside soon. This is getting even worse. Moving over to Sam, Kairo asked, "Are you ok?" Sam nodded. After helping Sam back to his feat and checking that the explosives were alright, they continued to make their way to the obelisk. Finally, they arrived at the base of the statue. They were on the opposite side of the statue from the wind, giving them a small amount of protection from the rain and keeping the noise level down.

Stepping next to his speeder, Kairo rubbed the handle bars one last time. It's for a good cause, I guess. Kairo then opened the back access panel that allowed him to see the many components of his vehicle. "Tell, Tay to get over here and make sure he makes it. This is going to take a little bit of time." Kairo turned back to his vehicle and reached to the side compartment, where he kept his tools. Pulling them out, he heard Sam start to talk into his comlink.

"He's on his way," Sam said. "Can I take off these explosives now?"

"Yeah. Set them down over here. We'll be needing them in a bit." Kairo stated as he reached into the open repair compartment and set to work. He was going to tamper with the vehicles power and propulsion systems. He had learned how to repair a vehicle before and what would happen if the wrong thing happened. He had always tried to prevent those things, but this time he wanted them to happen. After opening a few valves in the power core and placing a receiver over a certain fuse, Kairo moved his attention to the propulsion systems. First he broke the connections with the system commands and the propulsion system that made the speeder move. Next, he tampered with the main fuel injector and other systems. After about ten minutes, Kairo was finished. Pulling his arms and head out from the compartment, Kairo examined his handy work. "It'll do." By this time, Tay'Ren had arrived. "Your turn," Kairo told Sam. Sam nodded and opened the backpack. Inside were charges, wires, detonators, smaller explosives, shockwave emitters, and other tools for making an explosion.

"Damn Kairo, where did you get this stuff?" Sam asked.

"I found it lying around my room." Kairo said sarcastically. "No, I told Rizzit we might need some things, and he went all out for us. Who knows where he gets his stuff. Hurry up though." Kairo turned around to keep a look out for any signs of approaching figures. After another couple of minutes, Sam was done. Looking over his handy work, Kairo let out a whistle. "Nice." Sam had strapped and glued everything that had been in the backpack in an almost beautiful yet horrifying work of art.

"Isn't all of this going to make a large dent in the statue?" Tay'Ren asked.

"That's the idea," Kairo informed. "Hopefully it will be enough to make it topple and cause a massive shakeup underground. It's time for us to get down there. Any ideas on how we're going to do that?"

Sam and Tay'Ren looked at him pointedly. "Ok, maybe that is my job." Kairo smiled beneath this helmet. "Ok, time to take off the helmets, place them under your cloaks, but keep them at the ready. Having a few stormtroopers roaming around will raise a little suspicion." Kairo pulled off his helmet and was immediately pelted by the stinging rain. Throwing his hood over his head again, he attached the helmet to a clip on his belt. It caused a little bulge to appear on his left hip, but it was still covered by the large cloak. Kairo raised and hand and motioned for them to move to the front of the statue. Once they were at the front, Kairo had to hold his cloak shut from the strong wind. Scanning around, he saw a figure approaching. I hope he is heading to the meeting. Please let him be heading to the meeting. If not, then We're going to have to get creative again.

As the figure neared them, they saw that there were three other people with him. The group saw them and approached warily. As the two groups met, Kairo said, "Hello there, fellow traveler. What brings you here?"

"We're looking for some friends. Who are you and why are you here?" The leading figure asked.

Kairo adopted a gruff voice and put a strong intonation into his voice, saying "Cut the chit chat. We're the guards for the meeting. If you want in, you'll have to show us that you know how get in to the base and prove who you are. Earlier tonight, one of our teams got infiltrated and sabotaged. Security has been buffed up." Kairo pulled out his Kylon-3 as he spoke for added effect.

"Hey Hey Hey. We're friends here. Ok, Charley, open the door. My name's Talgos. That should get us in." The leader yelled over the storm.

Charley ran up the to statue and searched around. After minute, he found a hidden hatch and opened it. On the inside was a keypad. Entering a series of numbers, he stepped back. A hidden blastdoor opened, revealing a large tunnel and led downward into the complex. "Is that good enough?"

"You may proceed," Kairo raised his blaster and stepped back. Once the group was through and the door had shut, Kairo waited a few minutes and walked over the control panel.

Sam asked, "Did you get all of the code?"

"I got the first five numbers, but the last one must have been hit by an odd finger. Did either of you get it?"

Tay spoke up, "It was seven."

Kairo smiled. Punching in the code, he stepped back and watched the blast doors open. We're in. Walking through the opening, the three Dark Dragoons walked down the hall. "Ok, you two keep your hoods up and your weapons concealed. Make sure they are in reach though. Just follow my lead. We just have to find the main auditorium without raising suspicion. This could get tricky though. Here we go." Kairo moved down the hallway, as he threw back his hood and shook the rain out of his hair.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited July 3, 2005 10:35:36 AM)]
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  519
Total Posts:  635
July 2, 2005 3:00:58 PM    View the profile of Squall 
The rain pattered down on Squall's ARC armor as he silently followed Zafo through the alley way behind the building.  Giovanni and TJ were covering the rear.  Something gave Squall the chills that night, but he could never put a point on it.  Maybe TJ had been sending him some sort of vibe, but he had yet to figure it out.

Squall breathed deeply as the 4 men pressed into the area where they would penetrate the man holes, and soon be into the pipelines an on there way to the meeting.  Giovanni had been much calmer that night, as he had been sober for quite the amount of time.

Squall hadn't really gotten to know TJ yet, because he had just been transfered over to the squad.  He was a Dark Jedi, but he kept everything in secrecy.  Everything that he did amazed Squall, especially when he went into his deep states of Meditiation.  He was as Sith Guardian.

They had arrived at a large manhole in the middle of a four way crossing.  Zafo stopped and grabbed out a large crowbar like object.  He quietly tossed one to Squall, and they popped open the man hole.  After setting it aside quickly, Gio went down first, followed by TJ.  Zafo went next, and Squall slid the slid back on when he was coming down.  They had now entered the pipe line.

After making their way to the bottom of the ladder, Squall pulled out the map he had been assigned to carry and fanned it out across his arms.  Gio pulled out a flashlight and illuminated the map so that everone could see it alright.  They were in the southwest corner of the area, so they would have to move North East through the pipeline to make their way underneath the statue, and they only had a limited amout of time.  The 4 Dragoons would have to move fast to make it there on time....

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
----------------------
TRP/CPL Squall/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EWI] [WM]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  549
July 3, 2005 11:46:08 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
  As Kairo walked down the hall, he felt himself descending at a fast pace. The incline didn't appear to be that steep, yet he could feel himself moving downward faster than he should have been. This place has been built very nicely. Kairo saw hallways that moved off from the sides along with doors and stairwells. This must be the main hallway for the whole installation. After moving down the large hallway for about three minutes, the three DarkDragoons ran into a large crowd. They were all moving down the large hallway, toward the bottom of the complex. Kairo turned to another soaked group and asked, "Why are we heading down there?"

"Heh, you must not have been to this installation before." The leader of the group said. "Down there is a large audience chamber. That's where Grenton's going to be speaking. Have you ever been to one of his speeches?"

By this time, Kairo and his group had been pushed farther down the hallway by the ever growing crowd. "I've only been to one of his speeches, but it wasn't delivered by him," Kairo answered.

"That's too bad. Well you are in for a treat today. This crowd is proof enough that this man knows what he is talking about."

Or that all of these people have fallen on desperate times and have gone to a person who says it isn't there fault. The two groups got split apart by the crowd, causing Kairo to not be able to ask any more questions. After ten monotonous minutes of being pushed, pulled, and tugged, the three Dragoons had made it to the audience chamber. It was a large room. Kairo guessed that is could hold three thousand people if it was crammed full. In the center of the room was a large podium with a ring of four guards along the outer edges. They were carrying large blasters and were standing at attention, facing the crowd. Kairo motioned for Sam and Tay'Ren to move outward and around to the other sides of the stage. They were going to position themselves in a triangular pattern around the podium and were going to get as close as they could through the crowd.

After another ten minutes of weaving through the crowd. Kairo had made it close enough to the stage to be able to push the crowd out of the way and leap onto the stage. Turning around himself in the crowd, he scanned the entire chamber for other defenses. Kairo first noticed, that on the top balconies were six other guards. Next, he saw that a shield generator was position around the podium, so no one would be able to shoot or get onto the stage. This is going to get tricky. Kairo's thoughts were cut short buy a amplified voice echoing around the room.

"Thank you all for coming to this most glorious meeting. I am proud to present to you. Lord Grenton." The floor on the middle of the stage retracted into itself to reveal a hole in the floor. From out of the hole, slowly rose the figure of a cloaked man. Once it was completely lifted, the man raised his arms and said, "Welcome. I am most grateful that the people of Cepany have not been blinded to the truth and have come to hear the truth." Cheers erupted, and it was all that Kairo could do to not jump onto the stage and hit the man right then and there. Once the cheers had died down, Kairo listened and waited for the proper moment for them to strike.

(OOC Here is a map to help see what is going on. It's not perfect, but it should help. )

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  525
July 3, 2005 11:48:53 AM    View the profile of Squall 
"Well, it looks like we are right under this building righ here," pointed Zafo, "Which means we need to take this pipe for about 60 feet and then turn left.  After taking that pipe for a good 50 feet, we will take a right, and then it is just a straight on until we get to the sepratist base," said Zafo, "We could very well run into some kind of resistance down here, because this base has been in secrecy for a very long time.

"Everyone understand?" asked Zafo

"Yea, I got it," said Squall

"Ready for action," said Gio

"I'm good to go," said TJ

The 4 men held their weapons at their sides as they slowly moved through the pipelines.  It was very damp, and Squall could hear the scurry of the creatures that dwelled in the underground pipelines.  Water dripped from the ceilings as Squall inched forward slowly.

Just as the four came to the 4 way crossings, everyone heard the sound of someone running.  Squall snapped to the left to see what was there, and he caught the glimpse of one of the sepratists guards running back for base.  Squall grabbed his rifle and took careful aim.  He pulled the trigger a few times, letting the red bolts fly and penetrate the guard in the back.  He fell to the ground as a few more lasers struck his body.  TJ chucked as Squall took his rifle down and put it back in his holster.

"That wasn't too bad, we better make sure that we don't let anything like that happen again.  I know that it is gunna be hard to be quiet down here because we are practically wading through water.  Just try to keep the decibal level down as much as you can when you are moving through the waters," said Squall.

The 4 Dragoons had to slow their pace down so that they wouldn't be heard as easily.  Every once and a while they checked the map to make sure they knew where they were, and kept looking for anyone who might have been lurking around in the pipeines.

They were now on a down hill decent.  At the bottom of this pipe, they would arrive at the Pipe room.  From their they would have to go up the hallway a little, and into the secuity room.  It wasn't very far from the Audience chamber, where Kairo and the rest were currently stationed.

As they arrived at the outside of the  Pipe room, Squall took out his plasma cutter and began cutting a whole big enough for the dragoons to go through into the room.  The metal cut easily; it must have been a weak kind of metal.  Squall had dealt with more things in training that were harder then this.

"Zafo, you first," said Squall, "Then Gio, then TJ, and I'll come last"

Zafo hunkered down into a prone position and stuck his body through the whole.  Within a few minutes, he gave the all clear signal, and Gio moved through the whole.  TJ quickly when through through the opening after Gio.  Squall checked behind him to see if the coast was clear, and then moved through the opening into the security room.

The 4 Dragoons exited the Pipe room and quickly climbed up to the entrance of the Security room.  Withing a few miniutes, they were all inside.

"Now, all we have to wait for is Kairo's message..." said Zafo, "Set your guns to stun.  If you see anyone, make sure you take them out....and bring the bodies back over here"

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
----------------------
[This message has been edited by Squall (edited July 3, 2005 11:57:41 AM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  553
July 3, 2005 3:35:49 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Ten minutes had passed since Grenton has started his speech. Kairo had heard it all before. It was a message containing promising lies of hope and prosperity for all. It was the ravings of a mad man who wanted power, playing off of the crowd. He was using their sorrow, anger, and hate to his advantage, pointing it like a gun at the Empire. He knew how to play the crowd and use their emotions for his purposes. Kairo knew he had to be stopped. After another ten minutes of his ranting, Kairo could feel the emotions reaching their peak in the crowd around him. He could also tell that his speech was reaching its climax. Kairo opened up his comlink and hoped that the transmission wasn't being jammed. "Group two, are you in position?"

Zafo's voice came over the comlink, "Yes. Surprisingly there wasn't any resistance in this security room. I guess its because this area of the installation is rarely used. How much longer are we going to wait anyways?"

"I give it one more minute. Remember; get here as fast as you can. You're going to be fighting the large crowd to get in here, but hopefully you can make." Kairo turned off his comlink and listened closely to the speech.

"This is why we must show the rest of Cepany the corruption of the empire. We must stand together. Who is with me?!" Grenton yelled.

The crowd erupted with shouts and applause. Kairo saw people throwing their arms in the air and the felt the jubilation of the crowd around him. He opened up the comlink and said, "It begins." The message was sent to everyone in the squad, and they all followed their directions. Sam and Tay'Ren pulled out their weapons and slapped on their helmets. Kairo also put on his helmet and flipped up his hood. He then pulled out Dragon's Fury. He then rushed the stage and hoped that Marcus had somehow done his task from outside. During the speech, Kairo had told him about the shield generator and told Marcus to somehow shut it off. Kairo pushed through the crowd and finally reached the stage. Kairo turned around and shot two shots from his beloved blaster. The shots startled the crowd around him and hit the two guards on his side of the auditorium. Kairo then pushed a hand on the edge of the stage and flipped himself into the air, hoping that the shield was down. He landed on the stage without a problem. After that, he reached into his cloak and hit the detonator. There was an audible thump from above. Suddenly, the lights went out, alarms wailed, and the sprinkler systems turned on.

The crowd completely panicked and headed straight for the exit, forgetting about Kairo and his group. By this time, Sam and Tay'Ren had disposed of three of the guards before the power had gone out. Kairo heard the sound of escaping air ahead of him as he ran toward where Grenton had been standing. As he reached the spot, he saw Sam and Tay'Ren appear from out of gloom. At their feet was the hole that Grenton had come up from before his speech. Kairo pointed downwards and jumped in himself. He dropped two meters and rolled into a crouch. The bottom area was lit by dim red lights, giving the surrounding area a gloomy appearance. There were two tunnels, one led in two different directions. Kairo opened up the comchannel and said, "Group two. Stay where you are for a second."

"Will do sir."

"Marcus, there is a tunnel beneath the auditorium. Can you tell me where it leads?" Kairo hurriedly asked.

"There isn't a tunnel anywhere in the... wait a second." Marcus' voice died off for ten seconds then reappeared, saying, "I found it. Wow, they were clever. Anyways, one leads back to the pipe room and the other leads away from the complex and then seems to head to the surface. The way to your right leads to the surface I believe, if you jumped down while facing away from the entrance to the auditorium. It should appear on the surface not twenty meters East from where we parked the van."

"Thanks. Did you get that Zafo?" Kairo asked as he started to run down in the direction of the surface.

"Yeah, we'll cut him off if he's coming this direction."

"If he doesn't get there in a minute, head back out the pipes and try to get to the hovervan. Then contact Marcus and have him tell you exactly where the exit is for this tunnel. Arrow?"

A wookie roar greeted Kairo's ears. "Yeah, you get to have some fun. Get to the tunnel's exit by following the rooftops. If Grenton appears, stun him with your rifle." A wookie acknowledgement was heard a second later.

Kairo cut off the comtransmission and ran as fast as he could down the tunnel. He/s not getting away. After three minute of running, the lighting came back on and lit the area brightly. Squinting, Kairo ran ahead. While still slightly blinded, Kairo entered a larger room. Blaster fire flew in his direction. Kairo was only able to react to the sound from his slight blindness and pushed back into the tunnel. Crap. Think fast, Kairo. Think fast.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited July 4, 2005 11:01:29 AM)]
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  529
July 3, 2005 4:57:04 PM    View the profile of Squall 
Squall bashed out of the door followed by everyone else.  He jumped down the hall, latched onto the ladder, and slid down to the ground.  After everyone gained their ground, they rushed into the pipe room.  There was no sign of Grenton.

"He went through the secret tunnel, we have to get to the surface," said Squall, "Lets hurry"

Zafo took the lead as they went on a dead sprint into the pipeline.  It was an ascent, so they were moving slower than before.  They would be slowed even more when they got level because of the water they would have to wade through, but it was their only chance to get ahold of Grenton before he escaped.

"This is Kairo, Grenton has taken the secret pipeline to the surface.  Team two, when you get to the surface, link up with Marcus.  He will tell you the exact location of Grentons exit.  If anyone sees him, give him a good stun.  We can't let him get away," said Kairo

"Affirmative," said Zafo, "Everyone, on my lead.  We are going to capture this guy no matter what.  If we fail this, we will surely get it when we get back home.  No one wants to see that"

After the 4 Dragoons arrived at the top of the pipelin, they waded through the water as fast as they could.  Everyone was still doing alright, except Gio looked a little exhausted.  Squall kept looking at him to make sure that he was alright.

"Gio, are you gunna make it?" asked Squall

"Yea, just a little tired," said Gio, "Here, toss me one of those energy stims from your pack"

Squall rummaged through his pack, stumbling through everything while he was running.  He grabbed the evergy stim and tossed it to Gio.  Gio quickly injected it into his system, and they were on the run again.

After the last turn of the pipeline, everyone sped up to full pace.  Withing a few moments, they had arrived at the ladder that would lead them to the surface.  Squall was the first up the ladder.  He quickly removed the man-hole cover, and slid it to the side.  After a few minutes, the whole squad was on their feet running towards the hovervan.

"Marcus, this is Zafo, we need you to tell us exactly where that man-hole is that Grenton is going to be coming up" said Zafo

"About 150 feet to your right," said Marcus, "I'm not sure where he is at, but Kairo and his team are pinned down in a room.  They are still in the sepratist base"

"Well, we don't have any time to help them right now," said Zafo, "We have to get to Grenton before he escapes" said Zafo.  After he finished the sentence, his com link was off, and everyone was on a sprint again.

The team followed the streets along the buildings, watching every man-hole across the way; looking for Grenton.  Nothing came up.  Gio kept looking behind the team to make sure that he didn't come up after they passed one of the man-holes.  Giovanni and TJ split off to the right, but Squall stayed with Zafo on the left side of the street.  A few moments later, Squall spotted the hover van not too far off.

"Marcus, we have found the van," said Squall, "Is that the man-hole just outside of the van?  About 20 meters away?"

"Yes, thats the manhole he should be coming up," said Marcus, "I just heard from Kairo's team that they are still pinned down, but something else has happened.

"What?" asked Squall

"Tay'Ren vanished durning the battle when Kairo and his team were blinded, so be on the look for him.  We haven't been able to find him," said Marcus

"Alright, we will be on the lookout for Tay'Ren.  We are going to stay stationed right outside of the manhole and wait for him to come up." said Squall

"Affirmative," said Marcus, "Dragoons out"

All 4 of the Dragoons were spread out across the area, and all had their sights on the man-hole.  They were going to make sure that there was no way he was going to get out of their sights.

Just as Squall was checking the area around him, he heard a loud voice come from above.  He checked to see what it was, and all that was there was an outline of a person.  It was shady, and he couldn't make it out very well.  He moved into the light from the street light, and pointed his blaster rifle at Squall.

"Stand down," said Tay'Ren

Squall dropped his rifle to the ground and stood with this hands on his head.

"Tay, what are you doing?" asked Gio, taking aim at Tay
'Ren"I thought you were a loyal Dragoon, and at that, A loyal Imperial Stormtrooper!"

Tay'Ren stood there for a moment with a dark look in his eyes.  He spoke in a very loud voice as he addressed the question Gio has just thrown out at him.

"I have been offered a large sum of money from the Sepratists here on Cepany to make sure that Grenton makes his way out of trouble," said Tay'Ren, "Thats the whole reason I made sure I was deployed here to Cepany with you Dragoons," said Tay'Ren, his rifle still aimed at Squall.

"Take him out, we don't have time for this," said Zafo

Gio took aim at Tay'Ren, but hesitated at the sight of Squall at gunpoint.  Just as Gio was about to pull the trigger, Tay'Ren shot at Squall, barely missing his foot.

"Even though I'm doing this for the money, I kinda grew to like you guys, so, don't make me hurt you," said Tay'Ren

Giovanni looked to Zafo, and he motioned to put the gun down.  A few minutes later, about 5 meters from Squall where the man-hole was, a figure appeared to be coming out.  Everyone took aim at the whole as they waited for him to emerge.  A few moments later, they realized it was Grenton.

Tay'Ren let off another shot at Giovanni's feet.

"I told you, I have to let him escape," said Tay'Ren

Just as he finished, another figure appeard out of the ground with Grenton, the two of them scurried away and turned the corner.

"I'm sorry," said Tay'Ren, and then he disappeared.

"I say we go after them," said Squall

"It's Zafo's decision," said TJ

Zafo paused for a second, "We're going after them. Marcus stay here and tell Kairo what happened. You three, we're going after Grenton."

"Arrow, try to find and capture Tay'Ren," said Zafo

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
----------------------
[This message has been edited by Squall (edited July 3, 2005 5:03:15 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  339
July 3, 2005 9:02:21 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Giovanni still couldn't grasp what had just happened. All he could feel was a deep burning hole inside of him. If felt like it was scorching its way outwards trying to engulf him in its flames. The anger within him was unimaginable.

I cant believe I ever considered him as one of my friends... How could a squadmate turn on us like that?

The sound of the blood thumping in his ears drowned out the sounds of 4 pairs of boots marching through dirt, water, and filth. The thoughts rushing through his mind distracted him from the things going on around him. Giovanni just wished he could go after Tay'Ren and see to it that he paid for his betrayal.

"We're coming up on a clearing. I saw Grenton and his men come this way. Look Sharp Dragoons" buzzed Zafo's voice through the comlink. This snapped Gio back to reality. There was still a mission to be completed, and any distraction could get his squadmates into a dangerous situation.

Giovanni looked over to Squall, and looked down at his rifle.

I should've blown his head off when i had the chance...

He shook the thought from his mind. Too late now.

He tightened his grip, and sped up a bit. He was prespiring quite a bit, and he was very tired, but the stim was keeping him up.

The dragoons neared the clearing. The streets were deserted. The wind whipped lightly. Zafo gave the signal for them to halt...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Giovanni Bryden (edited July 4, 2005 1:43:37 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  558
July 4, 2005 12:14:39 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
  After pressing back into the cramped hallway, the first thing Kairo noticed was that Tay'Ren was missing. Pushing farther back in the hall so the stray fire wouldn't hit him, Kairo opened his comlink and said, "We're pinned down in the tunnel. It's up to you guys to get Grenton. And Tay'Ren is missing. Keep a look out for him. Maybe he saw another way out."  Firing back out of the opening, Kairo and Sam kept walking backwards. Their eyes were beginning to adjust to the bright light, but the blaster fire from outside was beginning to directly enter the hallway, making Sam and Kairo press against the sides. "Sam. Throw a grenade." Kairo pulled out one of his grenades also and threw it at the same time as Sam. Pressing themselves down onto the ground incase the blast rushed into the tunnel, Kairo and Sam heard the explosion go off in the room, punctuated by a few screams of pain. A second later the reduced blast of heat rushed over their heads. Rising quickly to their feet, Kairo and Sam rushed into the room without even having to communicate.

Their eyes had finally adjusted, leveling the playing field except for the fact that they were out numbered. The two grenades had thinned out the group. Six guards were lying on the floor, unconscious with minimal burns. The room was split into two by barriers that rose from the ground to chest heights. The six people, who had been knocked unconscious or dead, had been in front of the barriers. A head appeared behind the barriers and yelled, "They're coming!"

Kairo and Sam ran toward the barrier while firing their weapons at anything that appeared over the top. Kairo motioned for Sam to lob another grenade. Nodding, Sam pulled out a stun grenade and set the timer to only a few seconds. The grenade went off just as it landed on the other side. Kairo and Sam placed their hands on the edge of the barrier and vaulted over the top. Four more guards laid on the ground at their feat. Looking up, Kairo saw that the opposite end of the room was blocked by a closed blast door. "Can you get us through Sam?"

"Not sure." Sam said as they ran over to the door. Kairo searched for a control panel, but didn't find any. "This thing is solid. Too bad I don't have any of those charges from earlier. I don't think I can break through this with my last two grenades."

Slamming his gauntlet into the blast door, Kairo let out a grunt. Suddenly, the door began to open. Kairo and Sam brought their weapons to bair as the door ponderously opened. Three startled guards were getting to their feet on the other side. Kairo switched his blaster to rapid stun fire and quickly had them on the ground. The draw back was that the only part the minimally charged shots landed was stunned, but in close quarters, the rapid fire effect made it easy to pepper their entire bodies. Sam whistled, then said, "Nice gun. Where dja get it?"

"A master weaponsmith. What I want to know, is why the door opened?"

Kairo's comlink chirped in his ear, "That would have been me."

"Marcus?" Sam asked.

"Yeah. Let's get going, we're wasting time." As they ran down the remainder of the tunnel, Kairo asked Marcus, "What's happened." Marcus proceeded to tell them about Tay'Ren's betrayal and Grenton's escape. Then he told them that Zafo's group had gone after Grenton, and Arrow was searching for Tay'Ren. After three minutes, the tunnel ended with a ladder. Kairo climbed up first and pushed the manhole cover aside. Once Sam was out, they ran over to the hovervan, where Marcus was waiting.

"So what do we do now?" Sam asked.

"We wait. We don't know where they went. Hopefully they can catch Tay'Ren and Grenton, but if not, then atleast we know a few more things about the separatists. I knew from the beginning that this plan had a chance of not succeeding, but all plans do. Of course, I did not expect Tay'Rens betrayal, and that was what tipped the board in their favor." Kairo slammed his hand against the wall of the van."

"So we wait?" Marcus asked.

"We wait and hope they don't do something stupid to get Grenton. He can wait another day..."

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  293
Total Posts:  765
July 5, 2005 10:27:43 AM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo switched on a heat sensor on his ARC goggles in an attempt to find out where the escaping separatists were heading. Three vague intensified light readings showed up on his left.

"It may not be them, but it's our best bet." Zafo informed the three other dragoons

"Yeah I see it too" Squall added

"Follow me, they aren't getting away!" Zafo shouted as he sprinted towards the heat readings.

Anger swarmed through his entire body, giving him the extra strength necessary to keep pushing forward.

"To think I ever considered him to be one of us..." Zafo had trouble even thinking about it right now. He pushed on through the incredibly strong winds and horrible downfall. Every step was becoming harder and harder to follow through.

Suddenly, Zafo noticed the heat readings growing larger.

"They've stopped!" Zafo shouted over the comlink.

Then it all made sense. Zafo thought back to his race with Kairo. He recognized where they were. They were nearly at the warehouse he had jumped on to, in hopes of pulling ahead. Although he couldn't yet see it, due to the wall of rain that was making vision difficult, he knew it lay just ahead.

When they were just a turn away from the separatists" position, they were once again on the move. "They must be heading into the warehouse" Zafo thought "But Why?". The answer was obvious but the shock of the betrayal was clouding his thoughts. The warehouse was easily large enough to store a starship.

A loud grinding of mechanical gears was heard over the pouring rain and devastating wind. "Must be the doors closing Zafo thought.

"All right, push yourselves dragoons, we must get into the warehouse before the doors close" Zafo shouted into his comlink. The acknowledgment of the other Dragoons immediately followed.

When the massive doors became visible, they were only two and a half meters from the ground, and rapidly descending. Zafo forced his legs to move faster. Realizing he might not make it in, he took a dive. His body passed under the door with only three feet to spare. Gio, Squall and TJ followed, all their body's stopping in the mud beside his.

The rain and wind were greatly reduced in the warehouse, but various holes in the ceiling and walls still let in some water and wind. The warehouse was filled with various crates  and barrels and at the opposite end, the separatists' escape shuttle. Grenton, Tay and the other man were nearly at their destination. All four dragoons pulled out their riffles and began releasing stun waves at the fleeing enemies. With twenty meters to go, two of the three forms fell to the ground. The third one quickly ran back and picked one of them up over his shoulder and continued his run to the ship.

The four Dragoons continued to unleash plenty of fire but it was no use, they were to far ahead. It was already a miracle that two of them got hit. The Dragoons were forced to watch helplessly as the two figures made it onto the ship, blast a whole through the warehouses' ceiling and soar out of sight.

Squall gave out a shout and shattered a wooden crate with his foot. While the other two Dragoons cursed aloud. Zafo on the other hand, was still drawn by something. A figure still lay stunned on the ground. Zafo slowly began to walk towards it, the other Dragoons following behind him. As they drew near, the figure was desperately trying to fight the stun and move away.

Zafo removed his helmet and and starred into the face of a half-stunned seperatist. The feeling of betrayal was burning every sense in his body as he stared down at the man. Even though it wasn't Tay'Ren, Zafo's anger had consumed him. The man's face curled into a twisted smile. He was gaining back the feeling in his face and he opened his mouth to speak.

"You Fools" He began, hatred burning in his eyes as he stared at Zafo. "The Empire has blinded you. You do not see it, because you are all contribute to it's reign of terror. Countless numbers of humans and creatures alike suffer at the empire's hands..."

Zafo's mind jolted with every comment. The anger and betrayal had numbed his senses but awakened a part of his mind that was long asleep. Memories of his father's betrayal and abandoning flooded his brain. All his old feelings of anger and hatred were awakened. The anger was boosted by recalled memories of betrayal on Tatooine. Zafo had convinced himself that the authorities found him, forcing him to flee on Tatooine because of an "ongoing investigation", but Zafo knew it was one of his closer friends who had radded him out. Now being faced with the betrayal of one of his own squadmates was overwhelming.

The man could see this in Zafo's eyes and continued verbally attacking the empire, the one thing he truly believed in.

"Don't listen to him" Zafo heard Gio saying, but the words just passed right through him "Lets just get this over with"

The man let out a horrible laugh at Zafo's emotionally racked body.

"No wonder your father abandoned you" the man said, slowly, making sure Zafo heard every word of it "You were to weak"

Zafo felt as if a dozen bombs detonated in his head. Never in his life had he experienced such anger and hatred.

Zafo swung his foot with tremendous force smashing the man right in the face, yelling, "How could you possibly know that?".

The laughing Continued...

He did it again.

The laughing continued...

Zafo pulled out his father's pistol and fired shots into the man's head

The laughing stopped as Zafo collapsed to the ground, overwhelmed by his emotions...

The three other Dragoons walked over and picked Zafo up, along with the limp seperatist. TJ said, "You did the right thing. We all felt the same, luckily your gun was on stun and you didn't kill him. Maybe Kairo can use him for questioning. We can lie about the smashed face."

The group slowly moved out of the hanger and back to the hovervan...

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

ASL/SGT ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited July 5, 2005 2:12:15 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  573
July 8, 2005 9:03:15 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Kairo let out a long sigh. The second team had been gone for ten minutes without sending them com-transmission, but Arrow had arrived back a few minutes ago. He had let out an evil Wookie howl and told them that Tay'Ren had escaped him. The rain had hampered his tracking abilities and blocked his heightened sense of smell. Stepping inside the hovervan, Arrow had shaken himself somewhat dry and slumped into a chair.

Kairo was still standing outside in his armor and billowing cloak from the strong wind. The van door had been shut to prevent the rain from blowing inside, but Kairo was unperturbed by the elements. He was going to keep a look out until he knew that the other team had made it back or run off if he heard that they needed assistance. The rain had saturated his cloak and was running rivulets down his helmet and armor. He was standing like a sentinel with his arms crossed over his chest and his right hand grasping his Kylon-3 blaster. His head moved at the slightest sound that wasn't involved with the storm. A spark of jagged light cracked the dark sky in two as it raced across the heavens.

By Kairo's calculations, it was almost one in the morning, but he wouldn't allow himself to wander off. His mind was racing inside his head, pondering over Tay'Ren's betrayal, wondering what had happened to the other squad, thinking maybe he had failed tonight. A strong wave a rain pelted Kairo from behind. The rain keeps changing direction every so often. This storm must have a circular motion to it. Another flash illuminated the skies and was followed by another. A split second later, two bright lines burst through the clouds also. A moment later, the loudest thunder clap erupted from above Kairo's head. It sounded like the gods themselves were clapping applause for the struggles of men. It kept getting louder and made Kairo even squint from the ringing in his ears, even with his helmet. After a few seconds, it finally subsided

Then Kairo saw another blast of wind approach him from his front, because pieces of loose material were being swept off the ground and into the air toward him. Unfortunately, Kairo misjudged its strength. His weighted body was blasted by the force, causing him to instinctively put his right arm across his helmet and his right arm across his chest. Inch by inch he was somehow pushed backwards. A second later, Kairo felt his back come in contact with something hard. He had been pushed all the way to the hovervan. The wind subsided a moment later and then launched another assault from the opposite side of the van. Damn. When Cepany has a storm, it has a storm. Get back here soon guys.

As Kairo was thinking this, he thought he saw a figure through the curtain of rain. Pushing himself away from the van, Kairo moved toward the image. As he approached, the figure distinguished itself and became a trooper in a flapping cloak. He had an arm around another trooper as they pressed forward through the storm. They were closely followed by two other people dragging a limp form between them. Kairo stepped in tandem with them and helped them push through the wind. Finally, they all reached the hovervan and had piled inside. Kairo had to be aided in closing the door by the massive strength of Arrow. Once it was sealed shut, Kairo whipped off his helmet and looked around the van.

Everyone was leaning back in their chairs; some panting others just tired. The two people who had been carrying the limp form deposited him in one corner of the vehicle and fell into the remaining chairs. The four troopers, who had been outside, pulled off their helmets except for one. "It's Zafo." TJ explained. "He, um, got a little shaken up out there."

Zafo was sitting prone in his chair, barely breathing. TJ lifted off his helmet. Zafo's face was plain and emotionless, and his eyes were shadowed. Kairo walked over and leaned over to look into those eyes. He stared into them for a few moments then straightened up. "I should have been the one to go with you guys. Whatever happened out there, Zafo is lost in his own mind. We can't really do anything for him here and now, especially in this place. Hopefully, he will overcome whatever is haunting him. TJ, when we get back to the hotel, I want you to help me get him inside and meet me in his room." TJ nodded. "The rest of you," Kairo sighed, "Good job tonight. Is that Grenton there?"

Gio hit the wall with his fist and stated, "No, Grenton flew off in a starship. We failed Kairo."

Kairo looked at Gio and stated, "We didn't fail. This isn't over. We'll be back to settle the score. We also learned some interesting things tonight. For one, what we are dealing with. Another is what their installations are like. Plus you did capture someone there. If he wakes up, stun him again. For now, I want you all to get some rest. Sleep, doze, whatever you want, it will take me a little longer to get to the hotel due to this wretched storm." Kairo swung quickly around and stepped through the door that led to the controls. Dropping into the chair like a pile of rocks, he started the vehicle.

The drive home was a blur in Kairo's mind. It was all second nature, but the storm did cause some obstacles, making him have to swerve once and awhile. He did that by instinct though, and was lost in his own mind. Unlike Zafo though, he knew he would recover. He was thankful no one had suffered any physical injuries but was worried about the mental injury that had befallen Zafo. What happened to him?

Forty-five minutes later, the van stopped at the back end of the hotel. Kairo opened the door with the help of Arrow again and let everyone else leave. Then he helped TJ force Zafo to move into the hotel. Once inside, Kairo said, "I want everyone to get some sleep tonight. Go to your rooms as quietly as you can. I'll give you a brief debriefing once we're upstairs though." A couple of minutes later, TJ had moved Zafo to his room then met up with the rest of the group who were seated in the circular room.

"A lot happened today, and I know you are all tired. I'm sorry that this vacation didn't turn out as expected, but you still have a day left. Tomorrow, I will be leaving for Tadath with the prisoner. I'm sure that Rizzit and Fury will want to hear what happened. The rest of you will relax and try to enjoy tomorrow. Maybe visit the crystal shores. They will probably be beautiful after the rain. After tomorrow, you will be returning to Tadath and will return to business. Anyways, get some rest. TJ, come with me please." Kairo and TJ left the group as they all moved to their respective rooms for some sleep.

The two of them entered Zafo's room and walked over to where Zafo was slumped in a chair. "So, I know you have some Jedi powers TJ. Have you ever seen anything like this and can you help him?

TJ paused a second then stated, "Yes and no. Zafo is suffering from his own mind. That man that we capture somehow knew some of Zafo's history. This probably caused Zafo to revert to some past horror. He is stuck in his own mind. He should recover though, but I can't help him do it. He will be stronger afterwards though. It would be wise to we have someone watch his room though, just in case his subconscious causes him to leave his room. It can happen. So your leaving us tomorrow?"

"Tonight actually. You and Gio are in charge. I'll see you all once you get back to Tadath."

"Tonight, but you said?.."

"I lied. They don't need to know when I leave. I'll let them think I'm still here while they're sleeping. For some of them, this was their first real mission and experience with failure. Sometimes thinking your squad leader is around calms you a little. Stay safe, TJ. Tell Zafo that I'm sorry when he wakes up." With that Kairo left the room, walked around the ring, and entered his own. Rizzit's things were gone, like he expected. Kairo knew he was going to return in two days and pick them up in his yacht in the morning.

Kairo threw off his wet cloak and armor and changed into another pair of clothes. After about fifteen minutes, he was completely packed. Stepping next to the terminal, Kairo sent out a transmission for an Army transport from Tadath to come pick him up at the nearest starport. Exiting his room, Kairo quietly entered the turbolift and went down to the lobby. Walking over to the front desk, Kairo left his key with the receptionist and asked her to give him a rental vehicles keys. Paying the fee, Kairo left the bewildered girl behind. Entering the adjoining, small garage, Kairo entered his covered vehicle. Flying out from the overhanging, Kairo flew to the nearest star port. A couple of minutes later, he was resting at the designated area where his transport would arrive. Kairo looked out the window at the roiling storm. See you later Cepany. Grenton, we will meet face to face, and you will pay.

(Edit: (OOC Hey Zafo. I gave you something interesting to write about. That should open a little path to some very interesting character development. Have fun with it. If you want me to change it, I can, but it would be really cool if you could write with it. You kinda started it with your post, so I thought I'd help you along a little. ))
-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited July 8, 2005 9:08:14 AM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  351
July 8, 2005 1:27:42 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
  The door to Giovanni's room burst open. A dark silhouette of a man stepped in and threw his rain-soaked cloak on the nearest chair. He let the strap of his bag slide off his shoulder, and he removed his helmet and placed it on the desk by the window. The rest of his armor was littered about in pieces on the floor. Giovanni sat down on his bed and looked around the pitch black room as if trying to find something, but he didn't know what.

The energy stim seemed to be wearing off. His shoulders felt dead, and his legs took him a great effort to move. His eyelids also felt like they had lead weights on them.

And they say getting hit by a blaster bolt is painful...

Giovanni thought to himself. He couldn't see a thing, but he reached for the bottle of whiskey next to his bed. It felt a lot lighter than he remembered. Squall...

He took a pull at the bottle. Pretty soon, its amber content was all gone, and the feeling of emptyness in the pit of his stomach grew even more. Giovanni's thoughts were racing in and around his head.

Zafo... Something tells me he's not gonna be the same again... And Kairo... He might not have showed it much, but i could somehow feel the anger inside of him...

He looked around the room once again. Darkness.

A single bolt of lightning lit up his room for what seemed like an eternity. His unkempt hair. The dripping wet cloak resting on the chair. The empty bottle at the foot of his bed. The eerie sight of his Stormtrooper helmet, with its dark eyes staring at him from across the room.

He looked at the time. 1400.

His eyes were almost closed now. His heavy shoulders rested against the backrest. His legs laid there limp in front of him. That Stormtrooper helmet, though he couldn't see it, was still there by the window mocking him. He picked up the empty bottle. A lightning bolt lit up his room for what seemed to be an eternity.

Giovanni's strormtrooper helmet was no longer by the window. It lay on the ground wrapped in a blanket of broken glass. The cloak was no longer on the chair, and the bed, though it was still haggard and unkempt, was empty. A trail of water led to the door, which was now half open.

The room sank into darkness once again.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Giovanni Bryden (edited July 8, 2005 1:28:25 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Member

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  307
Total Posts:  765
July 10, 2005 8:17:28 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Complete blankness overwhelmed Zafo's mind.

The world outside his own, seemed to not even exist.

Dreadful memories of his past played over and over again, forcing Zafo to re-live things he had blocked from memory.

"No wonder your father abandoned you. You were to weak."
The line echoed over and over in Zafo's ears, tormenting him.

The world outside whirled around him. The ride back to the hotel was a daze. He was distracted from the real world by his pressing thoughts. When the hover van arrived at the hotel, he didn't even move.

Before he knew it, he was watching the figures of Kairo and TJ leaving his room, leaving him in total darkness. His mind buzzed with the echoing of past voices, keeping him awake and distant from his physical self. He tried to block everything out, as he had previously done years before, but this time his mind was simply overpowering.

Questions were forming in his mind. How did that man know about his past? Does he know something&more?

The sudden, absolute need to question the captured separatist overcame him. His mind re-connected with his body as he rose, in search of the separatist. He began to walk towards the door. As he slammed it open, voices greeted him.

"Zafo...you have to...get back...room" The anonymous speaker spoke

Zafo continued his trek forward

"Zafo, I'm not screwing around" the voice spoke, once again

Still, the voice's orders didn't process in Zafo's mind and he still pressed on.

"I hate doing this. Hopefully you'll thank me later"

As the words were slowly registering, Zafo felt the butt of a rifle smack him in the back of his head. The already dazed world shifted, before completely fading away...

--------------------------------------------------

A bolt of lightning streaked across the night sky. The deafening explosion of tthunder that followed cut off the man in mid-sentence. His bold silhouette stood out against the night sky.

"I'm sorry!" the man hollered over the heavy rain, "I have no choice!"

The man was shouting at a young child, no more than 12 years old, standing at the other end of the landing platform. Had it not been for that kid, the man would be long gone by now.

Lightning flashed once again, revealing the man clad in some strange kind of armor standing meters away from his sleek silver starship. The kid waited for the thunder to erupt and fade before opening his mouth to speak;

"But I'm your Son!" the kid shouted, trying to fight back the tears so desperately trying to escape.

The man, sensing the child's agony walked boldly over to where his son was standing. He placed his gloved hand upon his son's soaked shoulder and removed his helmet. The man took a long look at his only child, the tears running down his face confused with raindrops. Slowly the man removed his hand off his son's shoulder and reached for the pistol holstered at his side. He drew it out and held it in his outstretched arm towards his child. The young boy grabbed the pistol with two hands and let of a stream of tears, which were covered by the rain. The kid knew how much that pistol meant to his father. Even at such a young age, he understood the incredible firepower that pistol had. He had seen it in action.

"I'm sorry..." The bold figure muttered before putting on his helmet and walking towards his ship. He kept on walking and got on to his ship, without once turning back. The kid felt his world caving in upon him and he heard the roar of the engines propelling his father into space.

-------------------------------------------------

Zafo shot up from his sleeping position, covered in a sheet of sweat. This wasn't the first time he had this dream, but this time was defiantly the strongest. He shot his arm out to his holster and whipped out his pistol. It was defiantly the pistol from his dream. It reflected in the moonlight as he pressed the pistol against his chest.

His mind buzzed with un-answered questions once again. In the midst of trying to make sense of everything, Zafo trailed off into dreamland once again...

-------------------------------------------------

The next day was a complete daze. His emotions continued their siege on his mind, locking the real him inside. For the next twenty-four hours, Zafo sat upright in his bed and did nothing. TJ, Gio and Squall entered his room every now and then to try and get him to eat and talk to him. They were unsuccessful. He was so distracted by himself, he would only realize they were there once they had left. Not that he would have wanted to eat anyways.

Ideas of taking some time away from the whole army scene crossed his mind, in order to go searching for the answers he craved. However, there was one major problem, he had no idea where to start.

"Maybe I'll get started on some research when we get back...take a look at the data archives... Zafo thought

The following morning, after another rough night, Zafo fought against his mind. By this time, he had given much thought to his re-discovered memories. He had been able to accept them as part of his past and what made him into the man he had become. None-the-less they were still painful and there were still things Zafo wanted answered. If he learned one thing, it was to never try and block it all out again.

For the first time in thirty six hours, Zafo got up and left his room. All eyes swarmed towards him from the breakfast table. Ignoring this, Zafo took his seat, which remained un-occupied.

Gio broke the silence as Zafo peered into his bowl of cereal.

"You doing alright there, Zafo?" he sounded concerned

"Been better." Zafo replied emotionlessly. They were the first words he had spoken since his emotional breakdown. Although some of the pain was slowly escaping from his body, he still wished to be left alone.

"Rizzit will be back to pick us up in about an hour" TJ informed all Dragoons seated at the table. "You should pack up your stuff and get to the front of the hotel right after you finish eating"

Zafo finished his small bowl of cereal and walked back into his room. Most of his belongings were already in his oversized suitcase. He packed all unpacked items and dragged the massive suitcase out into the hallway. While dragging his suitcase down a hallway, there was a balcony looking out onto the shores.

The storm has ended at last. The sun was shining and Cepany was once again a glowing gem. The sky was blue, the water even bluer. Flocks or crawbirds graced the sky with their thriving colors and beautiful songs. The beautiful scene pulled Zafo slightly out of his current state and one step closer to happiness. As Cepany had recovered from the storm, as would Zafo eventually fully recover from the emotional blow with suffer. All happens with time.

When Zafo hauled his suitcase to the front of the hotel, he was greeted by a beaming Rizzit and the rest of his squad. Together, they all walked to Rizzit's Yacht. One by one, they ascended the boarding ramp and seated themselves.

"Apart from...that incident..." Zafo shivered. " That was quite a nice vacation": Zafo thought to himself as he gazed at the beautiful Cepany beach from his window seat.

"This is you Captain, Rizzit Blackheart speaking" the above head speakers blared. "Please prepare for take-off"

Zafo, along with the rest of the squad, took a seat and fastened their seat belts. It was only now that Zafo realized Kairo was not with them. He figured he left early for some reason.

"So long Cepany. Zafo thought to himself "I have a feeling, I will return some day&why, we'll just have to wait to find out...

With that thought, The StarChaser penetrated the planet's atmosphere and soared back towards Tadath...

[OCC: And that ends the story! Very good job guys, it went on for a while and never died out. Quite long compared to all the other stories. Once again, well done!

I decided to end the story now, to not leave it hanging. Most of the squad is away or not around so I'm guessing no more posts would have been made. If that is not the case, and somebody wants to post some more vacation stuff, just let me know. I wrote this post so that if that was the case, I could edit part of it out and re-post it as a second post later on to finish.

Once again, fantastic work throughout this story!        /OCC]

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

ASL/SGT ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited July 10, 2005 8:45:07 PM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > DD's relaxation trip  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:31:55 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 107  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >