Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > DD's relaxation trip

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  DD's relaxation trip
Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  244
Total Posts:  765
  RE: DD's relaxation trip
May 25, 2005 4:59:40 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
When Marcus walked back into the lounge room he had a big smile spread across his face. Zafo had noticed he had been working on something, so he guessed it worked. He got up from his comfortable position in the lounge chair and walked over to where Marcus was sitting.

"Hey, Marcus right?" Zafo said in a friendly fashion.

"Yup, that's me. And you are...wait...Sam?" Marcus answered innocently

"Heheh, nope. Sam is over there" Zafo said pointing to a figure lying passed out in a chair in the far corner of the room. "I'm Zafo"

"Ohh, right. That would've been my second guess. I heard people saying that was you tearing it up on the vehicle course in that speeder" Marcus answered.

" Yeah, that was me. So what were you doing over there before?" Zafo inquired

"I was modifying a repeating blaster. It's power is now more than 25% stronger than it used to be."

"Ahh, very interesting. You are going to have to show me how to do that one day" Zafo said "Well, it was nice meeting you, but I've got something to attend to" with that Zafo walked out of the lounge, and out of the hotel to a small field where Rizzit had stored his ship. Stored right outside Rizz's yacht was Zafo's Nightfalcon, which was in a good need of a tune up. He grabbed some cleaners and tools from the ship and walked over to his speeder. He unscrewed the armored faceplates in order to give them all a good cleaning and to allow him to see if any engine components needed tuning.

It took Zafo about 45 miutes to thoroughly clean all the faceplates, but it was well worth it. They had gathered a lot of grease and dirt over the year or so he had it. After adjusting the tightness of some engine components he put his bike all back together. He got up, took a few steps back. He could hardly believe that bike was his, it was so clean. Admiring his work he put all the stuff he took out of Rizzit's ship back. He walked back towards the hotel, wondering what everyone else was doing.

"Hmmmmm." Zafo thought to himself as he entered through the hotel's front entrance"I sure hope they have a pool table..."

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

TRP/CPL ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited May 25, 2005 7:30:55 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  404
Total Posts:  1338
May 26, 2005 8:52:12 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  As Kairo exited the lobby, he turned to his right and made his way to Rizzit's yacht. He saw his speeder bike, parked right next to Zafo's Nightfalcon. Kairo stepped up to his speederbike. It was his 3-2-XR speeder bike. It had a maximum speed of eight hundred km/h. Pulling out a cloth from the cargo hold of the speeder, Kairo quickly shined some spots that were showing signs of dirt. He took great pride in all of his vehicles. Kairo kept them in the best shape, tuned them, modified them, and kept them as clean as he could. Putting the cloth back into the cargo hold, he replaced it with a hydro-spanner. Popping open the engine compartment, Kairo took a look to see if anything needed tightening after the flight through space. After a few minutes, Kairo closed the small hatch, opened the cargo hold again, put the hydro-spanner inside, and wiped some grime on the cloth.

Swinging one leg over the machine, Kairo started the engine and initiated the repular lifts to take him a little higher. he nudged the accelerate and brought the speeder to the front of the building. Let's see what this town has to offer in the ways of fun. Kairo thought to himself as he entered the cities traffic. Not to heavy, but enough to make me at least concentrate. As he sped through the city's streets, he looked at anything that grabbed his attention. There were a few gambling halls and bars, a couple shops, a few eateries that looked interesting, the beach area, and a ton of other nondiscript buildings. As he turned his bike around, Kairo slowed his speed down so he could read the signs better. Boblebitt's Cantina. Oh that sounds great. Next. Tangent Lane. Hmm. Shows potential. Next. Quido's Fine Dining and Dancers. He kept going, reading all of the signs as he passed them. As he approached the hotel again, he thought back on the two that had stuck out at him. The Sabacc Dream. We even allow life bets. I wonder what they mean by that. What was the other one? Taccata's equipment for the era? No. Ah yes, Tantoe's Wearhouse. We have everything ever made. Armor, speeders, medical supplies, and so much more. Stop in and have a look. I'll have to with that catch phrase. I doubt they only sell official goods though. It didn't look like the kind of place to not do some under the table deals. I'll have to look into it some other time.. Maybe even take someone else from the squad with me.

Kairo brought his speeder back into The StarChaser's landing zone. Parking his speeder back into its original spot, Kairo locked its control panel and dismounted. "Nothing like a good run on a speeder." he remarked to himself, walking back into the lobby and re-entering the turbolift. Once he arrived on the DD level, he stepped out and walked across the common room. "Empty. Hm. Wonder where they all went?" After sliding his access card through his doors lock, Kairo opened the door. Removing his weapons Kairo placed his Kylon under his pillow and placed the DL-54 on the bed. Taking off his clothes, he folded them up and placed them with the rest of his belongings. Pulling out some swimming trunks, he decided to check out the hotel's pool and relax for the next hour or two. Putting them on, Kairo grabbed a towel, picked up the DL-54 and placed it into the towel's folds, grabbed one of his datapads and comlink, and headed down to the pool.

As he arrived he saw Gio sitting down, drinking some form of liquid and flirting with the waitress. Good old Gio. Placing all his stuff next to a lounging chair, Kairo laid himself out and allowed his mind to partially shut off. Time for some relaxation.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SR.SGT Kairo/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR]
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  459
Total Posts:  635
May 27, 2005 8:25:04 AM    View the profile of Squall 
Squall walked in as Gio tried laying down his best move on the waitress.  He chuckled at the site of the man trying to make a move on the waitress, though she was very nice looking....

Squall walked up to the bar and ordered a very, very large bottle of brandy.  He was planning on getting drunk with Gio, and letting the intoxication take him away.  Gio had the same idea in mind.

"Hey Gio, lets go figure out how to ride those damn metal boxes with legs tomorrow," said Squall

"You mean, the At-St's?" asked Gio

"Yea, those things," said Squall, "I never figured out how to manuever them.

"Well, we might be way too hungover in the morning for something like that," said Gio

"Yea....but I can take it," said Squall

The waitress was starting to warm up to Gio, which was suprising, because he was putting out the cheapest pickups ever.  Maybe she really did like him.  Squall had about 3/4 of the bottle down, when things really started to hit the fan.  His vision was shot, and he could barely get off of the bar stool.  Gio wasn't sober either, and the waitress and him were now all over eachother on the bar stool.  Squall didn't even care, he was having a great time, but he was gone.

"Gio....," said Squall

"What?" said Gio

"GIO......."

"What?!" said Gio

"GIO!!!" said Squall

"WHAT!?!?" said Gio

"I need to you to carry me back to my room, I can't even get off of this stool," said Squall

"I don't think I can even make it out of the door," said Gio

Squall finished off the bottle, and grabbed another off the wall, and chugged it down.

Oh boy....

Squall fell right off of the bar stool, and face planted it into the ground, with the bottle still in his hand.  He went unconcious as soon as he hit the ground.  Gio took down another drink, and passed out later on on the top of the counter at the bar.  The waitress eventually cuddled close to Gio, and they slept together on the bar, while Squall laid passed out in his own filth on the ground.

(Gio, when you post, we are going to try to drive some At-St's....lol)

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Lance Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
----------------------
TRP/LCPL Squall/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EWI]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Cadet

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  288
Total Posts:  1305
May 28, 2005 5:26:52 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
When came to, it was several hours later. He was on the bar counter, and the cute girl he was wooing had gone. Squall was on the ground, and his bottle was half full.

Gio walked over to Squall and gave him a light kick in the ribs. Squall groaned. Gio then knelt down and pinched Zafo's nostrils. The drunk dragoon gasped for air and immediately sat up.

"Whaaa...?," mumbled Zafo.

"Get up. I'll buy you something to clear your head up," responded Gio.

"Whaaaa....?"

"Come here..." Giovanni put his arms around Zafo and helped him up. One of these days, all this drinking is gonna get us in trouble..., he thought. It didn't make a difference though. Bad habits are hard to kick, but even harder to kick are good habits. To Gio and Zafo, binge drinking was a good habit.

"So hows the Mrs.?" joked Zafo, half slurring.

"I dont know what you're talking about... I can hardly remember what she looked like."

A slim tan-looking girl walked by and waved at Gio.

"Was that her?", Gio whispered.

"Nope... Apparently you had a good time," retorted Squall.

"Tell me about it..."

The two walked into the lounge where Kairo was reading a book. He looked up for a second to greet them and returned to his reading. Meanwhile, Marcus was trying his best to explain something to Zafo. Judging by the look on Zafo's face, it wasnt going well.

Three girls walked by and waved at Squall and Gio.

Apparently we had a VERY good time...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

*Lance Corporal Giovanni A. Bryden*

TRP/LCPL Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR]

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  413
May 28, 2005 5:56:28 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
. . . . . . . Before Gio's Post . . . . . . .

Kairo saw Squall enter the pool area and join Gio at the bar. There they go again. Those two really like there liquor. Kairo thought as he took a sip from his drink. I just hope that poor waitress actually likes Gio, or she is going to be in for one really long night. Kairo put the drink next to his lounge chair got up and walked to the pools edge. Let's see. One meter, that's too shallow. Two meters. Ah. three meters, nice and deep. Let's see how the old muscles are doing. Kairo bent his knees slowly to warm up his muscles. About a minute later, with ample stretching, Kairo walked up to the pools edge. He then bent his knees, jumped into the air, flipped, and dove into the cool water. As he broke the surface, he smiled. I still got it. Good thing all this armor wearing and vehicle piloting hasn't damaged my old skills too much. Kairo then laid on his back in the water and floated there with his eyes closed for a long period of time.

After an indeterminate amount of time, Kairo finally opened his eyes and took a look around. He was the only left in the pool. Gio and Squall were the only people at the bar. They seemed to be half intoxicated and well on there way to becoming totally drunk. Kairo thought, as he dragged himself out of the pool, dried himself off, picked up his gun, hid it back in the towel, and picked up his datapad and comlink. Leaving the pool, he took one last look at the bar. Gio and Squall were now completely drunk and laughing their heads off about almost nothing. Oh well.

A few minutes later, Kairo exited the turbolift on the DarkDragoons' floor and headed over to his room. As he stepped inside, he saw Rizzit at a terminal on his side of the room. "Hey Kairo. How was training?" Rizzit asked, turning away from the computer terminal.

"It went pretty well. They all performed as I expected, but some of them did surprise me. Particularly the newest member, since I haven't seen him in combat yet. Where have you been?"

"I went out to take a look around the town. Wanted to see what had changed last time I came here. Same old Cepany though, nice on the cover but if you dig too deep you're likely to get killed." Rizzit stated then turned back to the terminal.

"Interesting," Kairo mulled, putting his stuff back in their proper places. "Be back in a minute." Kairo picked up a change of clothes and stepped into a side chamber. He changed and holstered his weapon again. He never liked to go anywhere without some sort of weapon at his side. He also picked up a book on vehicle maintence. Why not. Stepping back out he said, "Well I'll talk to you later."

"Ok." Rizzit stated, while still scrolling through screens of information.

Stepping into the lounge area, Kairo sat down at one of the chairs and started to flip through the pages.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  465
May 28, 2005 6:40:56 PM    View the profile of Squall 
(This is awesome....)

Squall and Gio left the room, carry eachother along.  They were halfway sober.  Just enough manueverability to practice in the At-St.  They wouldn't really be getting in one, just a simulation...

As they walked through the lobby, Squall spotted Kairo with some cubicles on reading a small book.  He could barely make out the letters.  Something about Vehicles.  Squall had already read the whole series, but that wouldn't do him any good.  He was so messed up that nothing he had learned in the books or anything would help him in this situation.  Kario waved at the two dragoon soldiers to come over and speak to him for a second.

"You guys look pretty thrashed, I thought you were signed up for the At-St training course tonight..." said Kairo

"Yea, we were just on our way over there," said Gio

"Are you sure that you guys can handle that?" said Kairo

"We aren't in the real thing, so I think we'll be alright," said Squall

The two men walked out of the room towards the training area.....

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Lance Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
----------------------
[This message has been edited by Squall (edited May 28, 2005 6:41:32 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Cadet

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  289
May 28, 2005 7:12:16 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
The doors to the turbolift opened, and there before them was the simulator.

"I wonder that Kairo had to do to convince the hotel staff to lug all this stuff up here..." said Gio.

"Imperial Credits," said Squall, "they make the world go 'round."

The two Dragoons stepped into the simulator. A few keystrokes later Squall loaded the programming for a beginner's AT-ST run.

"You sure this isn't too hard for you Squally?", said Gio. "You can always just let the computer teach you the..."

Gio stopped in mid-sentence as the simulator rocked to life. He almost fell back trying to scramble back to the gunner's seat. Squall was slowly but surely inching his way through a computer-generated rocky path through some trees. It reminded him of the latest mission they had been on about a month earlier.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.

[This message has been edited by Giovanni Bryden (edited May 28, 2005 7:13:01 PM)]
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  466
May 28, 2005 7:19:37 PM    View the profile of Squall 
Squall fumbled around at the throttle controls at the At-St moved forwards.  It was hard to manuever around the trees, but Squall eventually got the hang of it.  Squall figured out how to stop the At-St, so he could get familiarized with the controls.

After taking a few more rounds around the forest, it was time to make it a little bit harder.  Squall programed some NR forces in.  Within moments, they sprung out of the forest area and started attacking the walker.  Squall whipped around so that Gio could get a nice shot.  When the time was right, Gio unloaded into the E-Web that was making some shots into the left leg of the At-St.  Squall moved forward as they progressed into the area.  He was kind of getting in a good feel for the walker, but he was still very, very nervous.

After destroying the forces that were programmed in, the two dragoons switched spots.  Squall would now run the guns while Gio took a shot at piloting the walker.  Squall programmed in the next wave, and the whole routine started back up again.  They would keep fighting off waves of troops.  Every time they would get harder and harder, and the chances of survival would deminish.

This is pretty fun after all.....

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Lance Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
----------------------
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  414
May 28, 2005 7:32:30 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Kairo watched the two figures dissapear into the turbolift. I hope they have fun. Good thing I made the sim. record all simulations. It should be interesting to see how well they will do. What to do now? Kairo shut the book and walked back to his room. Rizzit was still at the terminal, deep in his search for whatever information he was looking for. Kairo put down the book, picked up his comlink, and left the room. He spotted Zafo leaving his room and walked over. "Hey Zafo. Where're you going?"

"I was just about to take a ride on my speeder. Why?" Zafo answered as he pressed the signal button to the trubolift.

Kairo smiled. "What do you say we have a little fun?"

"It depends on what your sense of fun is."

. . . . . . . . . . . . fifteen minutes later . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Kairo and Zafo had gotten on their speeder bikes and driven to the opposite side of the city. It was a run down section with very little traffic and no police. "Well, this looks like as good a place as any. Ok the finish spot it here." Kairo informed, pointing to a spot on a map he had displayed on his datapad. "The bounderies are here, and besides that you can go where ever you want to reach that spot. First one there wins. Some parts of this track you will find you only have one route, and we are likely to meet eachother there. Sound good?"

"Let's go." Zafo said.

"One last thing. No shooting eachother, and I have set my engine to only go to four hundred k/h so we will be evenly matched. Ready?"

"GO!" They yelled in tandom, gunning there engines and launching off into the deserted section of the city.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  250
May 28, 2005 7:51:34 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
The two Dragoons shot off at incredible speeds. Dust and small pieces of rock shot up as they bolted down a deserted street. Zafo shot a glance over to his right and saw Kairo focusing on the course ahead. He must had felt he was being watched, because a second later he turned. He and Zafo glared at each other. The adrenaline was rushing. Zafo shot his view forward and gave his speeder an extra boost, which sent him speeding ahead.

In the distance, Zafo saw that there is a fork in road. Shifting over to the left hand side of the road, he looked over and saw Kairo shift to the right.  Within seconds, Zafo no longer saw Kairo, but a row of run down houses.

Zafo heard a deafening blast of a horn which snapped his vision back in front of him. Two bright lights where shining right at him. He had forgotten he was on the wrong side of the road. A small alley opening on the left caught his eye.

Zafo slammed the breaks, rotated 35 degrees into the alleyway, then sent his engine roaring once again. Zafo's surroundings were whipping past. If an obstacle such as a person were to suddenly appear, he wouldn't have time to stop.   

Way in front of him, Zafo saw a big looking warehouse grow from a small dot to a full sized building. He started to slow down a bit, until a pyschotic idea crossed his mind. There was a big pile of debris in front of the warehouse.

"If I get enough speed..." Zafo thought to himself

Zafo could hardly believe he was thinking about doing it, but he had already gunned his engines and slowing down at this point could be dangerous.

Smacking down on the pedal that controlled his altitued, Zafo and his nightfalcon flew of the pile of debris. He soared through the air for a good five seconds before adjusting his altitude properly to avoid colliding with the warehouse's roof.

The roof stretched on for a pretty long time. Zafo brought his bike over to the side of the warehouse. He glanced to the street below and saw Kairo a mere 50 meters ahead of him...

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited May 28, 2005 8:08:02 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Cadet

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  290
May 28, 2005 8:04:59 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Squall gripped the controls of the AT-ST and began to familiarize himself with his surroundings. To his misfortune, Squall had defeated the easiest wave of NR troops the computer could conjure up. The soldiers he would face would be a bit more difficult. The dragoon was nervous, but determined to survive past this round.

"Alright, here goes nothing." said Gio. On his radar display he could see an array of blurry reddish blips SW of their position. Almost on instinct, Giovanni gripped the controls and brought the lumbering metal beast around to face them. Squall then fired blindly into a small patch of trees and soon bark, leaves, dirt and NR soldier parts littered the skyline.

To Giovanni's surprise, the AT-ST hadnt toppled over. And even more to his surprise, the wave had been eliminated.

He relinquished his seat of power and let Squall have a go at round three.

From here on out, things should get pretty interesting...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  467
May 28, 2005 8:17:33 PM    View the profile of Squall 
Squall jammed onto the controls as soon as Giovanni took his place in the gunner seat, turning the At-St on a dime, all the way around.  It was a perfect turn, but their was danger ahead.  2 fully loaded speeders packed with troops.  Each had a blaster turret on the back.  Once they arrived, they immediately opened up on the At-St.  Gio took immediate action, arming the concussion missile launchers, and blowing the speeder on the left to pieces.

A large grin spread across Squall's face as he jammed the throttle, going on a dead sprint towards the speeder.  The pilot paniced, trying to back the speeder up or get it out of th way, but he had no chance.  The At-St ran straight into the speeder, knocking all of the passengers out.  Gio smoked the rest of the targets, and the wave had been destroyed.

A voice came over the intercom.

"Good job, Intermission.  Reload your supplies, and get ready.  The harder part comes now"

It was Kairo's voice, Giovanni could tell.  He had previosly made the scenario just for the two of them, and he knew that he two dragoons would make it thus far, to level 4.  It was a pretty hard scenario too, seeing as how Kairo made it, and he is an expert Vehicle Crewman.  Squall had never been trained in the area; he was trained to be a Combat Engineer.  He had the marksman ship unlike no other soldier in the squad, and he could slice open a terminal mainfraim within seconds.  But now, since he was in a Vehicle Support Squad, he would have to master the controls of the At-St, and hopefully be able to run it in real missions, not just simulations.

"Gio, reload our concussion missiles.  I'll make a small repair to the left leg.  If we don't make the repairs and reload right now, we won't have any other time to do it.  The left leg is going to give out, unless I get it stabalized..." said Squall

After reloading the ammo, Gio came over to watch Squall just as he put his vibro cutter way into his pack.  The two of them hopped back into the At-St just as the next wave was programmed in.

Getting the hang of it....Lets blow the hell out of them....

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Lance Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
----------------------
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Cadet

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  291
May 28, 2005 10:34:39 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Giovanni slowed down his breathing and got ready for what was to come. The adrenaline was rushing through his veins. it was a high like no other, and it was one of the reasons he loved being in the Dragoons. They were always on the move, wether behind enemy lines, or infiltrating a rebel base, or at the local cantina participating in bar fights with his buddy Squall.

"Ready when you are," said Squall over the comlink.

"Alright. Let's go kairo, I've got a date with a beautiful tan local later and i'd hate to be late," Giovanni joked.

"Oh? In that case..." said Kairo. Giovanni knew he was up to something.

In a flash of light, the scenario before them changed. Before them lay a vast tundra, littered with jagged boulders that stuck up ten to fifteen feet in the air.

Almost immediately, Giovanni's display began flashing. Someone had a lock on him.

"SQUALL! Do something!" said Giovanni. He pushed the throttle to the max. The speeder was going at full speed, going practically in the air after every stride of its huge metal legs.

Squall wasn't responding, but Giovanni was not worried. He was sure that Squall was up to something.

"Alright Gio, whats the ETA on that missile?"

"15 seconds and counting. I really hope you have an idea, or I'm gonna be early for my date. Real early."

"Yeah, just hang on.

10 seconds

"Squall!?"

"I said hang on, dammit."

5 seconds

The speeding walker was approaching a boulder, and Squall steadied his aim. The boulder was destroyed by one of their own concussion missiles, and the explosion had diverted the heat seeking rocket away from the walker. They were safe, for now.

"Alright, we barely escaped that one... Let's find whatever shot us right now," said Squall, a bit shaken.

"Oh, i dont think It'll be that easy...," said a familiar voice.

"Please tell me that wasnt...-"

"Yeah it was." responded Kairo.

"And let me guess, youre in...-"

"Thats right. Somewhere in this white tundra is my AT-ST, and im just dying to see what youve learned today." Responded Kairo.

"Squall. We're in trouble. Keep a lookout, im gonna slow us down and initiate a long range scan."

Giovanni brought the walker to a halt, and started scanning the area. The high metal content in the boulders around them made it hard to detect anything.

"How's the scan going? I really dont wanna be sitting here out in the open." said Squall.

"Its no good buddy i think we're just gonna have to go to higher - Wait, i think i see something..."

"What?! Where is it!?" said Squall in a frenzy.

"It's already too late bud."

Approaching slowly behind them was Kairo's virtual AT-ST. He had taken advantage of their blind dash and ran behind the blind spot to the rear of Gio and Squall's walker.

"Bang," said Kairo. "Youre Dead."

"Good job you two, you improvised and somehow averted a missile lock in a relatively slow vehicle. However, you took your eyes off the enemy. Never turn your back on an enemy. Now lets pile out of these things and get some rest. I might have plans for tommorow."

The terrain dissapeared. The two dragoons were back in the real world.

"We'll if you'll excuse me, I have a date with a girl whose name i can't remember, so I'll catch up with you later tonight, bud." said Gio. He changed into a fresh pair of clothes and left the room.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  415
May 29, 2005 9:28:00 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
(OOC after the time break, the post takes place before Gio's post. Other wise I would have had to be in two places at once.)

When Kairo and Zafo had split up at the fork in the road, he had gone roughly the same direction for a minute. He then saw a bunch of cargo vehicles ahead, and decided to make a sharp left turn. When he was about to pass his turn, Kairo slammed on the brakes, spun his vehicle forty-five degrees to the left, and reingaged his engines at full throttle. Since he had done the manuever so many times, it hadn't quite phased him as it woul have a less experienced pilot.

Looking at his speed he saw he was still going three hundred k/h. Well, this is as good a time to go full out. He pushed the vehicle as fast as it would go. Too bad I had to put the system lock in so it wouldn't go over four hundred. The buildings flew by as he weaved in between hunks of debris and trash cans. He was now next to a werehouse. Taking a quick look around, he didn't see Zafo anywhere. Bringing his attention back his front, he ducked his head as the speeder flew under a low archway. Scanning the area ahead, he noticed he was going to have a problem. Fifty meters ahead, the route Kairo was taking ended. He searhced the area for any side exits. Nothing. He only saw one way of escape without having to turn back and lose. I've seen Zafo do this crazy stuff all the time. Can't be that bad.

Bringing his repulsors down so he was barely skimming the surface, Kairo aimed his vehicle right for a hunk of trash. It formed a rough ramp which extended into a large, broken trash bin that had its lid slightly broken and at an angle. Once he hit the trash pile, Kairo winced as his vehcile slightly scraped the ground. Gotta fix that later. As his vehicle flew ontop of the trash bin, he felt himslef taken on a skewed perspective. I'm going to have to jump this at an angle. Right before he flew off the otherside of the makeshift ramp, he engaged his repulsors for all they were worth and soared off the end. He hovered in the air for three seconds with his left side at a forty five degree angel with the ground. His vehicle flew onto the werehouse's roof at an odd angle. Kairo was forced to compinsate by slowing down and lessening his right repoulsorlifts slightly. Once he had leveled out, he pushed the throttle to the max once again. As he picked up speed, Kairo heard another whining sound over the hum of his speeder. As he turned his head, he saw Zafo fly by. Dang. Kairo was going full speed now, and he was less than a meter behind Zafo.

They both were approaching the end of the werehouses rooftop. As the roof ended, Kairo and Zafo flew off the edge into space. They were only there for a matter of seconds before they hit the ground. Their repulsors had saved them from actually hitting the ground but only by millimeters. We're getting close to the end. Gotta do something quick.

Kairo thought back on the map display he had made of the section of the city they were driving through. I think we are only a few minutes away from the end. Kairo scanned the area ahead of them for the object he had designated as the finish line. There it is. He had designated a large statue of some warrior from the planet's history as their finishing marker. It rose eight meters into the air. It was the only nice looking thing in the run down section of the city. Now I definately have to do something quick. The only thing left on the track was a long bridge that took them across a wide river. At the other end was the statue. Maybe I could... As soon as the though entered his mind, Kairo's insticts yelled at him not to do it and that the odds were too great. But Kairo never lost a race, even if it was too one of the best pilots he had ever gone up against.

As the two racers entered the bridge, Zafo still had his slight lead on Kairo. Unfortunately the bridge had become decrpit with age and had begun to fall apart. In the middle of the bridge there was a large chunk missing from the right side of it. Time to make my move. As the two speeders arrived at middle of the bridge, Zafo swerved off to the left, so he would still be able to keep his speed and win the race. But Kairo had a different idea. He purposefully swerved off of the bridge to fly over the water. As they approached the end of the crossing, Zafo was certain he was going to win. The sides of the river were slanted so Kairo would have been able to glide right up the side of them without a problem, but that wasn't Kairo's intention.

A little off to Kairo's right, was a medium sized fuel tank. He pulled out his blaster and aimed directly for the canister. Right before he reached it Kairo neatly hopped it with his repulsors. Right as he landed on the opposite side, he shot off a bolt that ignited to canister into flames. Holding on for dear life, Kairo didn't slow down. The explosion ripped into the night sky and the force of it propelled Kairo forward at extra speed. Kairo had pulled into tandum with Zafo right before they finished the race. It was a tie!

Zafo pulled off his helmet and yelled at Kairo, "Are you insane!"

"No, I knew I would be fine." Kairo chortled.

"You couldn't have, and anyways. You said we weren't allow to use our weapons."

"That isn't true." Kairo corrected. "I said we couldn't shoot at eachother. Totally different. Anyways, I still wasn't able to get enough extra speed to beat you. We will have to keep this a tie until the next time we race. Let's get back to the hotel and get some rest."

. . . . . . . . . Fifteen minutes later . . . . . . . . . .

Zafo and Kairo had parked their speeders next to Rizzit's yacht once again and had gone inside. As the turbo lift arrived at the DD floor, Kairo allowed Zafo to leave.

"Aren't you coming?" Zafo asked.

"I'll catch up with you later. I'm going to go check on Gio and Squall." With that, the doors closed. A few minutes later, he was outside the simulator doors. Let's see what they learned.
-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited May 29, 2005 1:06:41 PM)]
Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  477
May 29, 2005 10:10:51 AM    View the profile of Squall 
Squall jumped into the shower as soon as he got back to the room.  It was nice and warm.  After getting out of the shower, he dressed into a nice pair of pants, a shirt, and whatever else he could find that looked nice.

Giovanni had gone on a date, so that was out of the question.  Maybe Squall would go find a date of his own tonight.  Hopefully one of the girls that he was flirting with at the bar.  I have an idea, I'll call Gio and we'll go on a double date....

After reverting his point of travel, Squall came upon the bar area.  As soon as he walked in he recognized the blonde from the night before.  She smiled and waved at him as he walked in, which made Squall feel pretty good, even though he didn't know her name.

After about 10 minutes of sitting at the bar, she walked up to Squall with a smile on her face.  She took off her apron that she had been wearing all night.  Her nice clothing definently meant that she too wanted to go on a date.

"Just asking, what is your name?" said Squall

"Cassandra.  I live around these parts.  You were quite the wild one last night...." said Cassandra

"Yea, guess I was," said Squall, "We are gunna hopefully meet up with one of my buddies and go on a double date with him and his girl.  Would you like to come?"

"I would love to come, and by the way, what is your name?" asked Cassandra

"Squall Lionheart"

"Gio, where are you?" asked Squall

"I'm over by the pool with this girl.  I still haven't figured out her name...." said Gio, "Why?"

"I found and date, and I was wondering if we could double up for a while, because I have no idea where to take her along these parts..." asked Squall

"Yea, sure.  Just come on down by the pool area.  We'll be sitting in some lawn chairs." said Gio

"See you in a few," said Squall

Squalls long black hair whipped around in the breeze as Cassandra held his arm, walking through the doorway to the pool.  It was a very nice night outside, with just a slight breeze to keep everything under control.  Giovanni and his girl were holding hands and conversing.

Cassandra nudged Squall to get his attention.  Squall then noticed just how beautiful she was.  Long, blonde hair, and bright blue eyes.  She wasn't the tallest girl,  but she was still slim and had a great body.

"What was it that you needed," said Squall

"I want to know more about you," said Cassandra, "Are you from these parts, or just on vacation?"

"Well, I'm in the Imperial Army, and I am just here on a vacation," said Squall, "I am with the Dark Dragoons Squad, based out of the Vast Empire.."

"Wow, what a hunk," said Cassandra, "Too bad you are going to be leaving soon, I really like you"

"Well, I really like you too, but I can still keep in touch with you," said Squall, keeping things under conftrol.  "If you want, next time I am on leave, I can come pick you up, and we can do something." said Squall

"That would be fine," said Cassandra, handing him her contact card.

The wind swept across the two peoples faces as they stared eye in eye.  Squall knew what would come, and he wasn't afraid of it at all.  He hadn't had a girl since before he joined the empire.  Within seconds, his lips latched onto hers, and he fell into a deep state of happiness.  She wrapped her arms around his neck, getting a better grip.  Squall wrapped his arms around her torso, holding her close to his body as they cuddled closer together.

After they were finished, Squall brought her up to his room.  They had a few drinks and played a game of Sabaac.  She had become very close to him.  Hopefully none of the guys would care that she stayed the night, because he didn't want her to leave, and it didn't look like she wanted to leave either.....

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Lance Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
----------------------
Marcus Nerva
ComNet Novice

Marcus Nerva

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  30
Total Posts:  41
May 30, 2005 2:37:32 PM    View the profile of Marcus Nerva 
Marcus took off his armor and clothing and stored his rifle.  Replacing them was a pair of ornately decorated, flowing silk pants and matching shirt.  He had acquired them many years ago from a sensei of his.  There were in fact meditation robes for him to meditate in and perform Teris Kasi.

After clearing a space in the lounge, Marcus got into the starting pose: his feet somewhat apart. His knees bent inward slightly, and his body relaxed.  He brought his hands up made a series of movements that gathered the energy around him and bathed him in it.  Next was another series of movements that were a form of moving meditation and energy cleansing; it prepared him for a sitting meditation that would last a long time.  He then proceeded to sit down with his leg crossed and his hands in a special pose. 

Marcus began to enter a deep meditative state.  He began to clean out his system of bad energy and replace it with good energy.  As he did so, he became more in-tune with his sixth sense.  He could in a word "see" the world around him.  He saw some Dark Dragoons sleeping and others enter and leave the room. Then he started to pull energy from all around him and pack it into his body.  His body began to "hum*" with energy as it become supercharged.

After a few minutes of "supercharging" his body, Marcus awoke himself and went to his room.  He felt soothed, calm, and full of energy.  He then slipped out of his robes and folded them neatly to put away.  He remembered his sensei and how he had taught him to be a happy person and to be full of life.  Finally he went over to his bed, got in it, slipped the covers over himself, and then went to bed.

*(His body made no sound actually, it is just a sensation)

-----------------------
Private Marcus Nerva
*DarkDragoons*

TRP/PFC Nerva, Marcus/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Marcus Nerva (edited May 30, 2005 2:50:27 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  422
May 30, 2005 3:25:53 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
After Kairo had tested Squall and Gio, he had left the simulator room and headed straight for his room. As he pasted through the lounge area, he spotted a few of the members of squad and told them to get some rest for tomorrow's training. After that, he made his way to his room. Once he arrived, he noticed that Rizzit was gone, once again. I wish he would tell me what he's been doing. Kairo remarked. He walked over to his computer terminal and started it. Sitting down, he attached his datapad to the terminal and pulled up all of the days data. Let's see how things went today.

Kairo started to watched all of the videos of the days training and the recording of Squall and Gio's simulation. He then copied all of the data, going on to study and critique everyone's training and writing down everyone's strong suits and weaknesses. He also pulled up their certain specilaties and areas of training and made a list of them. He countinued in this manner for the next hour. As he finished, Kairo shut down the terminal and datapad. He then quitely left his room and the hotel, got on his speeder, drove to the next days training field, and began to prepare for the next days lesson.

An hour later, Kairo was finished. "That should do the trick." Kairo looked around and decided it was the best he was going to get out of the building. He then made his way back to the hotel. A couple of minutes later, he entered his room, locked the door, and went to bed. I hope tomorrow goes well. was the last thing he thought, before drifting off to the black abyss.

. . . . . . . . . Day Two: 8:00 . . . . . . . .

Kairo had woken up early the next day and had gone out for his daily excercise and warm up routine. After that, he had picked something to eat from the hotel cafeteria. He saw Zafo and Marcus also awake and eating. After talking with them for awhile, Kairo had finished his meal and left for his room. As he entered, he saw that Rizzit had left while he had been eating. Kairo switched to his normal clothers and also picked up a bag that held all of his stormtrooper armor. At 8 o'clock, he left his room, and entered the lounge. If they're not awake yet, they will be now. Kairo picked up a wall speaker that connected to everyone's rooms. "Good morning DarkDragoons. I hope you had a wonderful nights rest. Well we will be leaving for training in forty-five minutes. If you haven't eaten or showered yet, I would advise you do so. Also, pack your stormtrooper armor and your E-11. All other equipment will be given to you once we arrive." As he shut of the comunit, he heard a loud roar from one of the rooms. I hope that was a just a yawn. Either that, or Arrow is mad. Kairo strolled back to his room to check on his things once again, and to get out of Arrow's line of sight.

Forty-five minutes later, everyone was gathered in the lounge area. "Let's get going. There is a transport right outside." Kairo said. He led the way. Once they arrived, everyone filed into the back part while Kairo entered the front of the vehicle.

"So where are we going?" Kairo heard one person ask.

"It'll be a surprise," Kairo informed. "You'll notice the windows are tinted so you won't be able to see where we're going also. I thought it would add a sense of suspence."

"Either that or make it so we are just plain bored." A voice that sounded distinctly like Squalls said.

"Deal with it," was all that Kairo returned. After ten minutes of driving they had finally arrived. "Everyone out." Once they had exited the vehicle, the squad found themselves in the middle of an abondoned section of the town.

"I recognize this." Zafo exclaimed. "This is where we raced. I think."

"Close," Kairo responded. "We are in the same area, but you will find no disernable land marks to help on todays mission. Ok. Today, we will be breaking into two teams. I will be leading one group. Each group will be given a datapad. The datapad will show a map of the area and will act as a G.P.S. There will be a beacon placed somewhere on your map. Each groups objective will be to reach that area. Each group will have to follow a different path. The path you are to follow will be displayed on the map. I will be most displeased if you don't follow the route. On each route will be obstacles to test members of each groups strong suits and weaknesses. You are to aid eachother when you need it. This is to build strength and unity in the squad and act as a team.

"Group one will consist of me, Zafo, Marcus, and Sam. Group two will be Squall, Giovanni, and Arrow. As an added kicker. On each of these paths, we will have to deal with an equally numbered, enemy squad. Rizzit had to pull a few strings to get them here, so you should be thankful. They should prove a challenge. Even though the squad is fresh from the academy, they have been trained well and have been taught everything that the academy as to offer. This training session will help them and us. Weapons will be set to stun. Well. Time for us to head out. Get into your stormtrooper armor and get to yoru starting area." With that, the squad broke up into its to separate groups and prepared. Three minutes later, the two groups set out in different directions. Let's see how this works out. Kairo thought as he led his squad along their path, the map in his hand.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

Marcus Nerva
ComNet Novice

Marcus Nerva

Post Number:  31
May 31, 2005 6:08:59 AM    View the profile of Marcus Nerva 
. . . . . During Kairos Post. . . . .

Marcus Woke up and looked at his clock, 6:37.  "Too early to eat breakfast," he though as he got up and got dressed.

He decided to take a walk around the base they were in.  It pained him that nature was slowly being destroyed on so many worlds, even though it is such a beautiful thing.  The sheer awe of nature on so many planets was inspiring to him.  He wished he could make all the destruction stop and let peace reign.  That is one of the reasons he signed up.

The dew on the grass collected on his bare feet as he walked toward a cliff overlooking a great valley.  Fog was slowly rising up the forested valley and was almost a third of the way up.  "Beautiful, he thought.

It reminded him of his home planet of Corellia.  He missed his home there.  He hadn't been there is 3 years.  He wanted to taste his mothers cooking.  Now that the cook was gone, Marcus couldn't remember his name, the food had gotten worse and they were forced to eat prepackaged stuff.  With this he got hungry and decided to head back to the lounge and get something to eat.

"Greetings," met Marcus as he walked into the lounge.

"Hello," he said back, now knowing it was Zafo who he was talking to.

"Why don't you sit down and have some breakfast.  I tried my hands at something."

Marcus just looked at him.  He had seen that on Zafos plate was a dark brownish glob that resembled something entirely unlike eggs.

"Oh come on, it isn't too bad.  Just a little crunchy," said Zafo.

"No thanks, I'll just have some leftovers," replied Marcus.

"Suit yourself."

Marcus went over to the refrigeration unit and got something out that looked tasty.  He heated it up and went over to sit by Zafo; he wanted to torment him with his better food.  After a while some of the other dragoons were up, but most were still asleep.  Kairo came over and talked to them a little and then he went over to the intercom and made an announcement:

"Good morning DarkDragoons. I hope you had a wonderful nights rest. Well we will be leaving for training in forty-five minutes. If you haven't eaten or showered yet, I would advise you do so. Also, pack your stormtrooper armor and your E-11. All other equipment will be given to you once we arrive."

"Well," thought Marcus "were at it again."

Marcus went to his room and got into his refresher for a while.  He got out and looked at his clock: 8:11.  He dried himself off and went over to where his E-11 was stashed.  He got it out, made sure everything was in the right place, and then cleaned it.  Then he got his armor out, cleaned it and put it on.  He looked at the clock again: 8:36.  He though he better get going so he got up and went to the lounge. 

Some people made idle chatter, but Marcus rechecked his gear and made sure everything was in place.  Being a new recruit he was still a little too uptight when it came to combat.  When they boarded the transport he noticed that the windows were blacked out.  After a short ride, they were at their destination and Kairo told them their training exercise for the day.  He was glad that he was with Kairo and Zafo as he had had a lot of contact with them.  Sam he wasn't to sure of.  He hadn't talked to him much.  He then diminished these thoughts as he rechecked his gear one last time.

-----------------------
Private Marcus Nerva
*DarkDragoons*

Squall
ComNet Member

Squall

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  483
May 31, 2005 5:53:08 PM    View the profile of Squall 
Squall walked over to the supply cache that was sitting just by the transport.  He looked for a Combat Engineer kit, and quickly put it in a duffle bag he found.  After placing a few stuen grenades, and loading the rest of his rifle up with ammo, Arrow and Giovanni grabbed their gear also. Everyone set their guns onto stun mode, and set out for the new adventure.

Kairo's group set out first, taking the left path.  It was a forest area.  Behind them sat a town, and the sky was gray as if it looked like it would rain.  Squall quickly put on his helmet, grabbed his gear, and set out for the course.

Giovanni grabbed the map and took a good look at it.  Arrow leaned over behind Squall and looked also.  They would have the path to the right.  It was long, but not narrow.  It looked like one long snake, and stretched out right at the end.  There would be a lot of obsticles ahead, but they Squad could take care of it.

Squall, Gio, and Arrow walked about one mile to the path, and started down it.  It was pretty nice at the beginning, and the sun shone through the canopy at the top of the trees.  A few creatures were running about, but the Squad didn't let the sounds of nature draw their attention away from their mission.

"Spread out, and keep quiet.  Giovanni, you're the pointman. Arrow, hang to the left, and keep low.  I'll take the tail and the right end.  I'll watch our backs and the flank while we press into the forest.  If you see something, whistle, or just blow the crap out of it.  Radios on, but keep the chattter low," said Squall, "And conserv ammo, we might be out here for a while..."

-----------------------
Squall Lionheart
Lance Corporal
*DarkDragoons*
----------------------
[This message has been edited by Squall (edited May 31, 2005 6:46:19 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  427
May 31, 2005 8:39:11 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Before Kairo took his group too far into the forest, he turned around and commanded, "Keep the your comlinks on, but don't chatter. If you see something, signal us through the comlink. Spread out, but stay in line of sight. Marcus, you take point." Kairo tossed the map to Marcus. "Just follow that. I'll take up the rear. Sam, Zafo, take the sides. Stay sharp. Even I don't know all of the traps that Rizzit planned out in here. One last thing: make sure your weapons are set to stun. I don't want to have any accidents out here. Now move out."

Once he had finished, Kairo let Marcus walk a few paces ahead of him, then he started after him. He checked his E-11 to make sure it was on stun one last time. Can't be too careful. I wonder how well the greenies will do. This will also help Marcus out though, since he is pretty new to the field also. Now focus Kairo. Stop talking to yourself and get your mind where it is supposed to be. Kairo took a moment to quite his mind and enter a state of hypertension, ready to spring into action at a moments notice. The group started out on their trek through the jungle. Watching where they stepped and keeping a look out. The jungle had taken on a haunting quiteness. The sky had turned into a dark grey. Looks like it is going to pour, and it is early in the morning too. This is going to be a long day.

They had proceeded to walk for five minutes without anything happening. Then a loud snap was heard. Everyone brought their guns to bear in the direction of the noise, except Kairo. These guys are green, but not that green. Kairo crept next to a tree and placed his back against it. He also pulled out a thermal goggle. Slipping it on, he started to scan the area. "Everyone, keep a look out. Try to get into the thicker brush." Kairo whispered into the comlink. Finally, he spotted the cause of the noise. What appeared to be a wild dog was roaming a few meters from Sam. It looked like it was searching for something. "Don't move Sam. You have a Cephound next to you. I've heard they're quite dangerous when provoked. Marcus, try to climb one of these trees and see if there are any more around. Zafo. see if you can get a direct shot at it. If you can't, then try to circle around. I'll be going to the right."

The group started to follow the orders. Kairo didn't here any blaster fire from Zafo, so he assumed he hadn't been able to attack. Kairo was silently moving around Sam, trying to get a direct shot at the hound. Seconds started to turn into eons as Kairo and Zafo got closer. "I got a shot." Kairo heard from Zafo.

"Take it." A second later, blue arcs shot out four meters away from the hound. Unfortunately, it appeared that only annoyed the beast. Kairo quickly let out a hot, along with Sam. The animal fell to the ground in a crumpled heap.

"Uh. guys." Marcus' voice broke through.

"Yeah?" Kairo asked, as he walked over to Sam and Zafo, who were inspecting the menacing form of the hound.

"We're surrounded." Marcus' responce came from the branches above their heads. A blot of lighting ripped through the sky, illuminating three hulking forms in the dense foliage. The lighting was soon followed by a clap of thunder and the rain.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 2, 2005 2:16:50 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  258
June 2, 2005 9:03:09 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Several sets of growling were heard amid the falling rain. One by one, the Cephounds advanced through the bush they were hiding behind, anger and viciousness burning in their eyes. Every step they took forward, Kairo, Zafo and Sam inched backwards. They tried not to make any sudden movements, or else they would have an awful mess on claw and teeth to deal with.

"Do you think these things can climb trees?" The slightly worried voice of Marcus said from above. "Ahck! If only I had a clear shot..."

"Our best bet is to each go for one at the same time" Kairo muttered "And hope there are no more near by"

Kairo used his head to signal which Dragoon should take out which Cephound. Slowly he raised his hand to give the signal. By this time the Cephounds were only 3 meters away from Zafo, Sam and Kairo, easily and striking distance.

The one right in front of Zafo opened its jaw revealing it's razor sharp teeth and let out a very angry sounding growl. The rain had soaked its fur coat, making it truly look like a beast from hell. Slowly Zafo leveled out his rifle to get a direct shot at the Cephound. It's gaze switched from Zafo's masked face to his rifle. Realizing what was about to happen, the Cephound took a leap at Zafo. His attempt to dodge the Cephounds claw was only slightly successful. The edge managed to pierce a thin spot on his armor, cutting into his right arm. Zafo let out a scream of pain as he slipped to the jungle floor faced by the Cephound who was ready to strike again. Zafo realized he had dropped his rifle in pain. He hooked his left hand into his pistol holster and whipped out his baby.

"You aren't going to survive this." Zafo ais angrily as he pulled the trigger sending a green bolt flying in the Cephound's face. It flew back a meter before crashing against a tree, dead.

----------------------

~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited June 2, 2005 9:25:16 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  439
June 3, 2005 7:37:58 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
(OOC Just a small one to keep it going. I'll add more later if no one posts.)

"Our best bet is to each go for one at the same time" Kairo muttered "And hope there are no more near by."Or atleast I hope that it is the best bet.

Kairo used his head to signal which Dragoon should take out which Cephound. Slowly he raised his hand to give the signal. By this time the Cephounds were only 3 meters away from Zafo, Sam and Kairo, easily within striking distance. Kairo was in between Zafo and Sam, facing the largest of the three Cephounds. Kairo silently switched his blaster from stun to regular blaster fire. He also set it to rapid fire. A few seconds past as the three animals and the three troopers stared at eachother, waiting for something to happen. Then Kairo saw Zafo take aim, and a second later all hell broke loose. Kairo pulled back on the trigger and let glowing bolts erupt from his gun. The Cephound was too quick though. It lunged backward and then ran around Kairo's left side, circling him like it would its prey. Kairo tracked it as fast is he could. Damn its fast.

Once he had come full circle, the animal had disappeared into the under brush. Kairo looked through the curtains of rain, trying to make out any movement. He realized that he had been seperated from Zafo and Sam. He hoped they were all right. He then saw blaster fire off to his right. That was a pistol. Zafo? The stupid land director said there were no Cephounds in this area. Yeah right. Even though Kairo was talking to himself, he was fully alert on what was going on around him. Come on. Make a move. Kairo started to spin around himself in an atempt to find his target. With is left hand, Kairo silently withdrew a dagger. Another few seconds passed. Then a blur of fur shot out from his left. Kairo tried to swing his blaster in time, but realised he would be too late. Flipping the dagger in his hand to point downward, Kairo dropped his blaster to the ground.

The cephound leapt into the air, paws out front with claws unsheathed. Another lighting bolt ripped through the sky right as the beast collided with Kairo. They fell to the ground in a heap of hair, muscle, and armor. A few seconds passed. Kairo wondered if he was dying. He had an enormous wait pressing him down into darkness. He tried to remember if he had gotten the knife up in time. Then darkness over took him.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited June 3, 2005 7:38:27 PM)]
Marcus Nerva
ComNet Novice

Marcus Nerva

Post Number:  35
June 3, 2005 8:31:06 PM    View the profile of Marcus Nerva 
After the one Cephound had attacked Zafo, the rest started their attack.  Kairo fanned out while Marcus distracted Sam's Cephound.  While it was distracted Sam threw a sticky grenade at it and hit it in the face.  The hound stopped what it was doing and just gave the group a silly look.  Half a second later, it blew up in a mess of torn flesh and burnt blood.

The group was so concentrated with what was going on in front of them, that they didn't notice that a Cephound that had circled behind them.  Apparently the oldest, strongest and wittiest of the pack, Marcus had to fire five shots into the head of the brute in order to take it down.

Marcus got down from the tree and went over to see if Zafo was alright.  Sam came running over too.  He assured them that he was alright.  "Kairo, I suggest that we move on.  This ruckus is bound to attract attention," said Marcus eventually noticing that Kairo was gone.  "Kairo?  Hey Sam, have you seen Kairo?"

Sam didn't know where he was.

-----------------------
Private Marcus Nerva
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Marcus Nerva (edited June 3, 2005 8:42:04 PM)]
Tay'Ren Vai
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  3
Total Posts:  7
June 3, 2005 9:03:50 PM    View the profile of Tay'Ren Vai 
At his superior's order, undoubtedly at Rizzit's signal, Tay'Ren activated his camo armor, dropped low, almost into a crouch, and brought his DC-17M up, his barrel pointed into the dense forest.  It was raining lightly, fogging the lenses of his armor.  He looked down at himself, testing the extent of his active camouflage.  It was good, but he could still tell a little lag between his movement and the armor's correction.  He moved slowly.  He was ordered to take on the opposing squads.  He had been given no recon on their capabilities.  He felt they were meant to lose.  He smiled.  He simply didn't lose.  He followed his men into the brush, he could hear the scattered cephounds and other wild animals in the forest.  There weren't many, but enough.  He was not meant to take them on, especially with so few actually there, he was supposed to take a tree and fire at will.  His weapon was customized to fire rapidly with a minimum sacrifice of accuracy.  He hoped it would be sufficient, he hadn't been trained to change it on the fly.

He found a perfect tree.  He smiled and grabbed a branch, his opponent's were still far off.  He looked into the brush, to the other squad's entry point.  Chiefly he noticed Tharin, even through the brush.  He thumbed his comlink, whispering, "Tharin, down."  He technically was not supposed to interfere with the other squad's tactics, but it was an unwritten rule at best.  He climbed into the lowest branch, doing his best to keep his body hidden behind the tree despite his camouflage.  It was always a good habit to keep.  He peeked around the trunk, saw that no one was within his view on the enemy side, and then climbed into the next branch, leaving himself exposed on the front side of the tree.  He quickly proceeded up the next two branches, finally in the safety of the shadow of the tree again.

He peeked around again.  Again, no one.  He smiled and checked the other side of the tree.  Yes, he had the branch he wanted.  He climbed onto the front-side branch and then spread out on it, wrapping his legs around it to anchor him to the top of the branch.  He then wrapped his arm around the branch, bracing the gun against the tree with his other arm.  He moved to sight with the gun, found it satisfactory, and then waited until the other squads found their own positions.  He double-clicked his comm-link, just to be sure, and then waited for the rest of his squad to do the same.  He smiled, waiting for his first shot to come across.  He tried to remember his training.  Aim.  Hold.  Shoot once.  Wait.  He repeated it over and over again in his mind watching and waiting for his target to come along.  He hoped that his performance on this outing would raise his status in Rizzit's eyes.  He was working hard to earn the officer's commission he would have now on Iridonia, and needed to get past the human dislike that he felt was all around him.  He grunted, pushing that out of his mind.  I must focus.  He smiled.  Aim.  Hold.  Shoot once.  Wait.
[This message has been edited by Tay'Ren Vai (edited June 3, 2005 9:15:28 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Cadet

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  298
June 3, 2005 9:09:43 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
The 3 dragoons formed a sort of V formation, with Giovanni in front, and Squall and Arrow slightly behind him to the left and right respectively. A light rain had begun to fall a few moments before and the low background noise and the movement of the leaves in the slight drizzle were deceiving his senses. He could have sworn he heard shots.

"So how are we doing Squall? Everything on track?"

"Seems to be... Keep an eye out for anything coming out of the brush." responded Squall.

Arrow gave a low growl that sent shivers down the spines of both Squall and Gio.

"I think i smell something... It might be the rain, but then again it might..." Arrow stopped midsentence and sniffed the air around him. He growled again and brought his rifle up.

The two remaining dragoons turned around and drew their weapons to face the dense entanglement of plants at the side of their path. For a moment it seemed like nothing, but Arrow's acute sense of smell said otherwise.

"Whatever it is, its just toying with us..." said Squall. "Why dont you show em we mean business?"

"Right," said Gio. He took a stun grenade and primed it. "Fire in the Hole!"

The concussion from the grenade blew a patch into the foliage. 15 meters ahead of them lay a stunned Cephound.

"Something here's wrong. I read that Cephounds usually travel in packs..." said Gio.

Arrow growled again.

"Youre right," said Squall with a sigh. "No sudden movements, i think the rest of the pack is close and that grenade just alerted them of our presence."

Giovanni swallowed hard and tightened his grip on his E-11.
The 3 dragoons slowly inched their way farther up the path. They didnt know where the Cephounds were, but they did know they had to get out of there, and fast.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Kairo
ComNet Member

Kairo

Post Number:  441
June 3, 2005 9:19:22 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
Kairo woke up under a large mass. He tried to remember where he was and what had happened. Suddenly, the Cephound attack rushed back into his memory. Kairo tried to get up but was unable to. He then remembered that the Cephound he had been fighting had lounged at him. Kairo tried once more to move the heavy beast, but was still unable to. He then heard voices in the jungle around him.

"Kairo, you there?" "Kairo, where are you?" "Kairo, try to give us a sign of where you are."

Thanks for the thought guys, but you should be using your comlinks. He then tryied to reach his comlink and found that his left arm was pinned at his side but his right arm had a little room to move. He reached up and activated his comlink attached to his helmet. "I'm fine guys. I think I am a few meters north of your position. I'm pinned by a Cephound. Stupid thing fell ontop of me."

"Kairo." Marcus's voice said through Kairo's built in speaker. "Good to hear from you. We're on our way."

It took them about five minutes to find Kairo, and then another three for them to lift the hulking form off of Kairo. Once it was off of him, Kairo sat up and checked to see how he had faired. His chestplate had five deep gouges scratched out of the front. The back of his armor was covered in mud, but was quickly being cleaned off by the falling rain.

"Wow, look at how deep this dagger is." Zafo said as he hovered over the dead Cephound.

Kairo walked over and saw that the dagger was implanted firmly in the beasts neck. "Leave it." Kairo said. "We should get going. There weren't even supposed to be Cephounds in this part anyways. I hope we didn't stumble into one of their secret nests. Ok. Are we all ok?"

"Check." Zafo responded, switching his weapon back to stun.

"I'm good." Sam stated, turning around to make sure there were no more predators waiting to attack.

"Same here." Marcus added.

"Then let's get going. Don't want to be late to our destination." With that, the group headed out in their original formation: Marcus taking point, Kairo at the center, and Sam and Zafo off to the sides. IT was raining profusely now, hampering their every movement and causing them to take longer than Kairo had originally planned. After fifteen minutes of trecking through the forest, Kairo halted them and said, "We're close to the end. Keep a look out for anything suspicious." They then proceeded forward. Suddenly, a shot from the trees above them cause the group to scatter into protected positions. "Ok guys. Time for the real fun. There should only be four of them. One for each of us. Good luck." Kairo closed his comlink and shied away from another blaster shot by moving around a tree trunk. Classic ambush.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

Sandwich Sam
ComNet Novice

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  36
Total Posts:  794
June 4, 2005 3:02:02 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
    Sam ducked behind a small shrub, with all the dirt on his armor it should be at least a little bit harder for Rizzit's team to see him or so he thought. All of the sudden a shot rushed past his head.
    "I don't know if they were attempting to hit me but I'm going to get that kid," Sam thought to himself. He double checked his trusty E-11 and made sure it was set to stun. He really did not want to hurt the guy.
    Sam stood up and rushed behind a tree as more shots were fired in his direction. He peaked out from be hind the tree and saw one of the enemy hinding behind a small bush. He crept up behind the guy as quietly as was able. Luckly the rain dampened his movement noise.
    Sam readied his E-11 should Rizzit's guy not surrender and kneeled behind him. Sam leaned up next to the guy's ear and said, "Well, well, well. Look what we have here."
    "Ahh!" the guy said as he rushed around to see Sam pointing his blaster at him.
    "Don't worry I won't shoot you, unless you fail to surrender," Sam laughed, "Were you the one who was shooting at me?"
    "Yeah, I believe so," Rizzit's man said.
    "You are a pretty good marksmen, but it is time for a quick nap," Sam grinned. Sam then pulled his trigger and fired two blue rings into the guys chest, stunning him.
    "Well, you didn't surrender," Sam said.
    Sam sat down next to the stunned man just in case that if there were anymore cephounds in the area that he would be able to keep it off of the stunned soldier.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Sandwich Sam 2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
*DarkDragoons*
Punctuation is your friend. Really it is! Not like grammer, that asshole will just put you into a false since of security and then BAM!! it will hit you with an exception!
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Member

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  302
June 4, 2005 3:51:00 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
"Please tell me we're almost at the clearing..." was the only thing Giovanni had said to his squadmates. The 3 were slowly but surely trying to get out into the open where'd theyd have a chance against the cephounds.

"We're coming up on the clearing right now... Say, why arent the hounds coming out into the open?" inquired Squall.

Then it hit him. There were never any cephounds. Rizzit's men were hidden in the dense brush and were leading them to the open where they could surround and take them out.

Giovanni reached behind him and pulled and primed a stun grenade.

"On my mark, scurry for cover."

Squall and Arrow looked at him with a puzzled look, but nodded anyway to confirm his order.

"Go!" yelled Giovanni.Almost immediately, blue bolts began to fly at them from 3 different directions. Arrow and Squall ran ahead of Giovanni, who threw the grenade behind him and dove for cover.

The grenade provided a temporary distraction and gave them just enough time to slip into the brush. Arrow ducked behind a rock and began to fire back into the trees.

That was too close for comfort...

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  267
June 5, 2005 8:11:51 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Zafo darted behind a massive boulder to take cover from the fire that had erupted from the trees around them. Still unsure if he was safe or not, Zafo got as low on the ground as he could. When no shots came in his direction during the next 30 seconds, he slowly got up while leaning against the rock. Around him he heard running footsteps and stun fire which rarely ceased. The few seconds where it did were incredibly intense. The rain continued to pour on the troopers from the sky above, making footsteps harder to hear, especially if one was not listening for them.

Carefully, Zafo peered around the rock and scanned the area for the enemy. All he saw were trees and the occasional stray shot darting across his line of vision. Then he saw one. He was slowly making his way down a tree about 10 meters ahead. Zafo raised his rifle and aimed. He double checked to make sure it was indeed set to stun, he didn't want to harm the person. He also wanted to give him a chance to down from the tree, if he got stunned while up in the tree, he would most likely fall out and that wouldn't be too pleasant once he would wake up.

Just as he was taking his shot, a bright colored crawbird darted directly in front of Zafo's face, making his shot go wide. The enemy trooper had become alerted and dove into a bush, while pelting Zafo with stun fire. Zafo returned to his safe place behind the rock and waited a couple of seconds before once again poking himself around the rock to try and take out his enemy. The second his head was visible, blue waves rushed towards him. Zafo swung around in back of the rock once again for cover. He slipped on a patch of mud which sent his right side smashing into the rock. Zafo cursed  incredibly loudly. His arm still hurt quite badly from the encounter with the cephounds. As he hit the boulder, a large loose piece fell to the ground, nearly crushing Zafo's foot. It made a loud thump on the ground as it sunk into the muddy ground.

From away over the rock Zafo heard a voice mutter "Heh. That was easy." He guessed the speaker was his enemy. He heard footsteps slowly approaching his position. His enemy thought he had hit Zafo, and was now going to check. Carefully, Zafo crept around the boulder at the same time his enemy crossed on the other side. He snuck around and the found himself facing his enemy's back. The trooper was scratching his head, no doubt confused over the location of the stormtrooper he thought he hit.

"Trust me. Not that easy" Zafo said casually as his enemy collapsed from the blue waves that were released from Zafo's rifle. The moto of the Dragoons "Death Unseen" echoed in his mind as he walked away to assist his squad in taking out the rest of the opposition.

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

TRP/SGT ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited June 5, 2005 8:23:31 PM)]
Tay'Ren Vai
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  4
Total Posts:  7
June 5, 2005 9:08:44 PM    View the profile of Tay'Ren Vai 
Tay'Ren watched attentively.  He was watching as his opening shots went wide.  This squad was incredibly good, ducking for cover as soon as they heard the blaster fire.  They hadn't seemed to follow his bolts to his location, they instead focused on the mobile troopers, who moved slowly through the thick brush.  He had ordered them to fall back for orders, then gave them a few directives, one to one matches and set for stun.  He closed with, "I'll take the leader."  He heard only his double clicks for confirmation.  His target was hard to sight.  He almost ignored his men as they went carefully to their "deaths".  He was looking for his mark, the leader.  He clung motionless to the tree, following each trooper he had a bearing on.  Two of them took care of his men, and a third was about to engage his last trooper as well.

Finally, he saw the last one.  He was obviously the leader.  He was hard to see, almost impossible.  He would have missed him if he hadn't seen the almost impossible shadow against the jungle.  It was dark and he couldn't sight well.  He stopped breathing to stop the gun's slow crawling, then sighted, steady...steady...and fired.  The shot went wide, plus the troop commander ducked automatically behind the tree as the shot lanced towards his general area.  Tay'Ren cursed himself.  He waited for him to come out, but he didn't.  Very disciplined.  He intended to outwait him, give him every reason to think the threat had passed.  But he knew the trooper wouldn't believe that.  No more than he himself as a trainee would.

He stared, determined not to blink at the tree where his quarry waited.  His finger held the trigger almost at the point of no return.  He was so ready to fire.  He could feel the tears welling up at the corner of his eyes as he struggled to keep his lids up.  He felt tired, staying so still, as if he were trying to stay awake rather than trying to get his shot.  Suddenly, he knew that he would not make the shot without blinking.  He still struggled futilely to keep his eyes open, targeting the tree and waiting for him to move.  He had to move.  He had to move.  He had to...blink.

He blinked.

Right as he blinked, he saw the commander peek out.  As he blinked, he fired.  His shot went wide.  He had allowed himself to breathe, and the gun had crawled to the left.  As he shot, the trooper went in the opposite direction, running for new cover.  Tay'Ren jerked his rifle, trying to track his motion, and fired again.  Too late, he wasn't far enough ahead.  The shot went behind him as he ducked behind a new, wider tree.

He was very good.

Tay'Ren smiled, waiting for his shot to come back.  The trooper was well-hidden behind the first tree, and now he was impervious, unless he chose to come out.  Still, he knew that he would have to come out if his objective was to take out the other group, and he still had the upper hand.  He was for all purposes invisible, through the dense jungle, rain, darkness, and camo armor.  He had barely been able to see his own opponent, but he was nearly invisible.  Also, the thick tree branch he anchored himself against was thick enough to protect most of his body.  He smiled, waiting for his opponent to come out again.

He jumped out.

Tay'Ren prepared to fire, but then was surprised as the opposing trooper's shots lanced out toward him.  They also went wide, but it demonstrated that his opponent knew where he was too, and he had gotten closer.  In his surprise, Tay'Ren had missed his chance to fire, and could only watch as the trooper gained a few meters directly toward his tree.  Not good.  The way this was going, he would not get another shot, and would eventually have to surrender or go down firing.  Damn.  They were good.  Tay'Ren smiled, despite himself.  He wished he could be this good as well.
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > DD's relaxation trip  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:58:05 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 131  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >