Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Matacorn's revolt

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Matacorn's revolt
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

Kairo

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  240
Total Posts:  1338
  Matacorn's revolt
February 9, 2005 5:34:33 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  As Kairo left his room, thirty after the sim had ended, he made his way to the Rizzit's office to receive the missions orders. 'This must be important for Rizzit to end the simulator.' As he rounded the corner to Rizzit's office. he checked to make sure he wasn't late. Stepping up to the door he pressed the signal button.

"Come in," Came Rizzit's voice. "We have matters to discuss."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 30 Minutes later . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Inside the DarkDragoon meeting room, Kairo waited for everyone to arrive. The first to arrive were Zafo and Sam. A few minutes later the rest of the squad started to join them. Once everyone had arrived, Kairo started the briefing. "First thing I would like to announce is the arrival of a few new members. PFC Arrowcaan and Private Kelkor have just joined us from drill squad. Gunnery Seargent Otto Vox has been transfered to us from Raiders. They are welcome members to the squad and I hope they stay with us for a long time. Now on to more urgent matters."

"Three months ago the planet Matacorn defected from the New Repubilc. Unfortunately, they weren't allowed to leave peacefully. They sent us a message asking for aid in their fight. Our mission is to go to Matacorn and capture the enemies main stronghold on the planet. We will be leaving in 8 hours. Once we arrive, we will be meeting up with a resistance group. They will lead us to a back entrance to the complex. The Republic's base is a small fortress which is built into the side of a small outcropping of rocks. There are three entrances to the base. The front gate, which is gaurded by to small towers, a hanger door, and a small access tunnel that is used to deliver supplies. The tunnel is our entrance point.  It is gaurded by a double blast door. We will be going in at night. We are going to capture a shipment of supplies and sneek in past those doors.Once inside we will take out any resistance. From there we will go through the tunnel and enter the main complex."

"Our main goals on this mission are to sabotage the hanger bay, open the front gate so the resistance can come in and take care of the main force, and capture the control room and make them surrender. Any questions?" Kairo finished, looking up from the datascreen.

"What will be our equipment?"asked Lonewolf.

"We will be using standard stormtrooped aromor and equipment. You are allowed to bring an extra weapons you require and think will be necessary. Giovanni, You will be carrying explosives to take out the hanger bay, so don't overload yourself. Any other questions?" The room was quite for a few seconds.

"Ok then. Go get some rest and prepare yoursleves. Meet me in the hanger at 1900. See you soon." As Kairo closed the meeting, he waited for everyone to leave the room before he started for his room to make preparations.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
If it has a Rebel insignia, shoot, ask questions later
SL/SR.SGT Kairo/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/Ve[CDS][BoA]
Arrowcaan
ComNet n00b

Arrowcaan

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  6
Total Posts:  16
  RE: Matacorn's revolt
February 9, 2005 5:46:42 PM    View the profile of Arrowcaan 
1900:

Arrowcaan arrived at the hangar a few minutes early and realized that there were a few people already there with their blasters and armor already on.  Arrow was dressed just like them.  Arrowcaan walked up to a complete stranger and and started to talk to him.

"Hi my name is Arrowcaan, you can call me Arrow.  What is your name, and what kind of experience do we gain from some of these missions.

"My name is Otto Vox but you can just call me Otto.  I'm not quite sure what we will gain from these missions I'm new to Dark Dragoons.  I've been in the raiders for most of my time here, and our type of missions were different from the ones that we're about to go on.  What YOU will gain from these missions, depends on the amount of effort that you put into it."

"Ok, thank you Otto.  It looks like we better get in line, I think Kairo is coming down now.  See you when we get there.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Arrowcaan/Dark Dragoons/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Arrowcaan (edited February 9, 2005 9:29:40 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  211
Total Posts:  765
February 9, 2005 9:28:17 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
[OCC: Before Arrow's Post /OCC]

"That was needed" Zafo said as he put down yet another container of GLEEN on the table.  Now that he was done polishing his armor, he was just about ready to go. He walked into his room and decided to double-check his pack. All was in order. There was only one thing left for him to decide; which rifle should he take? He didn't feel like taking more than 1. Whenever he did all it did was add extra weight, and he never ended up using them anyhow. After shifting his gaze from his A280 to his E-11 Marksman, he decided to go with the E-11. No real good reason except that he had used his A280 more often over the past little while.

Zafo brought his stuff out of his room and placed it beside his door. He began to walk towards a sofa and saw one of the new troopers.

"Hello there" Zafo began "I'm Zafo, welcome to the Dragoons" Zafo extended his hand for a shake.

"Hi, I'm Kelkor" The new trooper said, shaking Zafo's hand

"Nervous?" Zafo asked

"Not really" Kelkor answered. Although it didn't look like he was to sure.

"You packed?" Zafo asked "We've got to be at the hangar in under an hour"

"Uhh not yet, I was planning on doing that now"

"Alright, Well I'm heading out early, maybe grab a drink or two on the way. See ya in an hour"

Zafo put on his armor, except his helmet, grabbed all his stuff and strolled out the door.

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

TRP/CPL ZaFo/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
~Keep on Rocking in the Free World
[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited February 9, 2005 9:32:22 PM)]
TK-112
ComNet Member

TK-112

Post Number:  704
Total Posts:  1086
February 10, 2005 3:55:40 AM    View the profile of TK-112 
1905:

"All right Dark Dragoons, get your arses over here!" TK commanded as he signalled rema to drop a rather large cardboard box.
"TK and Rema, how nice of you to come. What's up?" Kairo Welcomingly asked.
"We heard that you're going out so i've decided to package some nuna soup, there's enough for the whole squad to eat twice." TK informed.
The whole squad looks on in disgust, Kairo lead the squad and picked up two ration packs.
"Oh TK, what's with the webbing? You going somewhere after this?" Kairo asked.
"Oh, I'm coming with you, I got bored of Rema poking me in the office so I decided that I need some fresh air!" TK happily informed.
"Hmmm, wouldn't it be the other way around?" Zafo whispered to Afyon.
"What was that Corporal?" TK asked as he gave Zafo a death stare.
"Errr, Nothing Sarge." Zafo replied with a smile.
"Well TK you're severely under-equipped if you're planning to come with us." Afyon commented.
"Since when aren't I allowed to go into battle in duty uniform wearing a webbing and armed  with a blaster pistol? Besides the quartermaster decided to take my armour back when I was assigned to Advisorial position." TK replied.

It took TK and Rema five whole minutes to distribute, or rather persuade the squad to take the nuna soup. During that time the squad has also persuaded TK to wear a blast vest over his duty uniform.

-----------------------
*[VEA-AdVISoR]*
Senior Sergeant David "TK-112"Bowman - Master Chef
AD/SSG TK-112/VEA/VE [CoR] [IH] [BoA]
"Winner of the let's imitate TK-112 for a day competition"
"You will obtain your ass upward! Fall your cranes and you will grip your noses! 0015 it is hour" - Faulty online translator
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Initiate

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  176
Total Posts:  1305
February 11, 2005 11:09:16 AM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
1850:

Giovanni turned his pack inside out and looked at all the equipment strewn about the ground. He'd have to make room for the detonators, but everything in the pack was "essential". He layed out his E-11 out on the bed while he holstered a standard issue blaster pistol, and put on his helmet, which was still warm from the simulation they had done not long ago.

A minute later he had decided, At the price of a few grenades, a couple of ammo packs. Its not like he didnt mind the extra weight, but Giovanni would rather save his energy for a fire fight and not for humping around a bag of detonators. He looked down at his bottle of whiskey, and holstered it for later use.

1900:

Giovanni arrived into the Hangar and saw a few familiar faces. Zafo and Kelkor were in formation, and Arrow and Otto seemed to be engaged in conversation. The Lance Corporal lined up with them and dropped his bag beside him. Kelko waved and Giovanni nodded back.

Nice Kid, he thought.

Giovanni shot a look over at the other recruit, ArrowCaan. He was still talking to Otto. Rema and TK barged in with a box full of Nuna Soup Rations, making most of the squad groan in disgust. Giovanni stood there, and didnt make a sound. He had experiences with nuna soup before, and while the taste was revolting, it was nothing that a few shots of liquor couldnt fix.

Giovanni nodded at TK and Rema as he walked up to grab his two rations of nuna soup, and returned back to the line. After much persuasion, all the squad members had their soup and the Dragoons were ready to roll.

The troopers stood at Attention as Kairo readied himself to adress them.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

*Lance Corporal Giovanni A. Bryden*

TRP/LCPL Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR]

"How can we be so sure something Is worth Living, If we are not Willing to Die for it?"

Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  915
Total Posts:  981
February 11, 2005 11:28:25 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon left the squad and walked down to his room.  He quickly slipped into a black, green, and brown garment instead of the usual black one and strapped on his old camouflage armour.  For a night insertion via a door to a tunnel somewhere away from the target, he wanted to ensure he wasn't seen.  Afyon strapped on his gunbelt with a silenced pistol with extra clip, 2 extra A-280 clips, his military grade datapad, combat knife, commlink, and two energy bars.  He then threw several additional ammo clips, a small amount of explosives with three types of detonators, night vision binoculars, extra power cells for the binoculars and commlink, and canteen.  When he got to the rations, he decided to throw several more energy bars into his pack just in case the nunasoup tasted as bad as it sounded.

Once packed, he adjusted the commlink on his head, grabbed his helmet and pack and went to rejoin the rest of the squad.  When he arrived back in the main room, the squad were still looking at the rations with a mixture of disgust and curiosity.  If the rebs don't kill us, the food will I bet.  Afyon thought as he looked around and saw the rest of the squad was starting to eat some of the soup.  Apparently it was also their pre-mission meal.

"Here come get some."  Tk offered to Afyon.  Afyon shook his head in disgust and instead, pulled out several energy bars and grabbed some water.  No way in hell I'm touching that crap he thought as he looked at the foul looking and smelling liquid in the bowls of his squad mates.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SFC_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu
[This message has been edited by Afyon (edited February 11, 2005 11:34:08 AM)]
Arrowcaan
ComNet n00b

Arrowcaan

Post Number:  8
February 11, 2005 3:52:04 PM    View the profile of Arrowcaan 
  Arrowcaan was finishing his conversation with Otto as Kairo rounded everybody up to give them their briefing agian.  It seemed that everybody was there.

After the briefing Kairo added a few extra words for when they arrived.

"Everybody when we arive on Matacorn I want everyone to meet me 100 paces east of insertion.  There we will go over the mission one more time so we know we have it right."

Arrowcaan wispered over to Otto a few words of his own.

"I wonder if he will ever believe we understand what to do, he probably thinks we are all stupid."

"I don't think that at all, I just want to make sure that no one gets hurt on this, specifically difficult, mission.  If one of you dies your not the only one that has consequences, I do also.  Do you understad me Arrow?"

"Yes sir,  I won't blurt out anymore remarks.  I am very sorry sir."

"Apology accepted trooper,  get in line to board the craft. Do you understand that too."

"Sure do.  I'll  do that right away."

-----------------------
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

Kairo

Post Number:  242
February 11, 2005 5:54:08 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Trying not to look at what he was eating, Kairo finished his meal and disposed of it.. After making sure everyone had boarded the transport, he went up the ramp and sealed it shut. Walking up to the cockpit he signalled for the pilot to take them out. After a few minutes, they were on there way. Taking his seat with the rest of the squad, Kairo double checked his equipment. He had his E-11, two blaster pistols with four extra clips, a few throwing knives, some energybars, his personal datapad, and his comlink.

Setting everything aside, Kairo took a look around. The older members of the group seemed to be a little more relaxed than the new members, but they all seemed to be ready for anything. "Ok guys. It will take us five hours to reach the planet. I would advise to take some rest and be ready to go as soon as we land." After he was finished, Kairo leaned back and tried to get some rest.

. . . . . . . . . . . .  roughly five hours later. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

As the ship came out of lightspeed, the planet of Matacorn came into view. "We will be landing soon, sir." Came a call from the pilot.

Strapping on his equipment and grabbing his helmet, Kairo went up into the cockpit. The report said that the planet's terrain consisted of large montains and spreading fileds as far as the eye could see, but since they were coming in on the darkside all Kairo could see was a dark planet with a few lights dotting its surface.

Once they were landed, the boarding ramp went down and the squad quickly exited the transtport. "Our rondevue point is two kilometers north of here. We will be meeting up with the rebel band that will take us to the back entrance there. Lets get going."

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  916
February 12, 2005 8:19:14 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon shouldered his A-280, clipped his helmet to his pack and made his way into the woods with the squad.  They picked their way slowly through the forest, trying to keep as quiet as possible while still moving fast enough to keep on scheduel.  Afyon pulled out his night vision binoculars and scanned the area around him.  The Dragoons lit up brightly on the display and he could see some faint heat sources in the distance.  He gave the hand signal to Kairo that the team was up ahead and the squad quickly made their way to the edge of the woods.  In a small clearing up ahead, there were several men carrying weapons keeping a sharp eye out on the woods.

The Dragoons moved forward only to stop suddenly when a group of twigs snapped quite close to them.  Afyon pulled out his silenced pistol and scanned the woods closely.  There were a series of crunches followed by another snap.  Whoever was in the woods, they weren't doing a good job of keeping quiet.  Suddenly, three figures emerged from the woods about fifty meters from the squad.  They started speaking with the men in the clearing and the men began to get up slowly and walk near the direction of the squad.

"Guess we better introduce ourselves before we get shot at."  Afyon whispered over the commlink.  A moment later, Kairo stepped forward and walked out into the clearing.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu
Otto Vox
ComNet Veteran

Otto Vox

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1137
Total Posts:  1390
February 13, 2005 2:15:11 AM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
:: In hanger before departure ::

Garbed in his Barabel Armor, Otto had just finished his small conversation with Arrowcaan, both of them discussing their status as new troopers in DarkDragoons. Arrow now knew that Otto had been in the Army for a few years and was formally a member of Raiders, but did not know why he left. And Otto intended to keep it that way. Very few people knew, and would know, of the reason as to Otto's leaving Raiders, his home and family since he joined the Army. But, it was no longer his home, and no longer his family. He was in DarkDragoons now, a new home, and new family. And he would not let this family do to him what his last family had done.

Otto brought himself out of meditation as the shuttle came out of hyperspace just out of orbit of Matacorn. He heard Kairo announce ETA and began double checking his weapons. His E-11 checked out, his wrist lasers were perfect, and he stashed his lightsabre in the back pouch of his utility belt. He didn't wish to use it if he didn't have to, because he wanted to prove to both his new squad, and mostly himself, that he could operate as a trooper and not just a Dark Jedi. Yes he would keep himself attuned to the Force for any danger that would present itself to himself and his new squad mates, but he wouldn't use it in any attack unless needed.

The shuttle had landed and the squad had formed up outside of it. Otto sensed the presence of a small group of troopers and prepared for an attack as inconspicuously as possible. Then he heard, and was sure that the rest of the squad had heard as well, the snapping of twigs to the right of the DarkDragoons and just inside the forest. The majority of the squad brought their arms to bear, swinging in the direction of the possible threat.

"Guess we better introduce ourselves before we get shot." Otto heard Afyon whisper over the comm.

Just as Kairo made his way to the front of the squad, opening himself to the slight chance that these new arrivals were actually the enemy, the head of the forest-hidden squad stepped out into the clearing.

"Welcome," the man said, "To Matacorn."

"Thank you," Kairo replied, "We hope to help you in any way we can." He took another step forward and extended his hand. "I am Senior Sergeant Kairo of the Vast Empire Army, here at your aid and service."
    "Captain Acotyne of the Matacorn Defense Alliance," the man replied and made a small hand guesture which apparently had signaled his squad to emerge from their hiding. "We are grateful of your presence and aid. This is my squad, 44-Alpha of the MDA. 

"Captain Acotyne, 44-Alpha.... the DarkDragoons of the VEA."

""Pleased to meet you all. Now, to business?""
  -----------------------
Gunnery Sergeant Otto Vox
Dark Jedi Knight
Dark Dragoons
Vast Empire Army
TRP/GSGT Otto Vox/2SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE(LM)(ES)(SoS)(RCoD)(SoY)
CM/DJK Otto Vox/Lion 1-4/Krath/VEDJ/VE
Give into the inferno that is the Dark Side of the Force - Otto Vox
"The earth it shall burn right into our eyes on this very night"
"We shall destroy the earth rebuild it, none shall inherit it."
"Blood turned into fire, made to drink like wine"
[This message has been edited by Otto Vox (edited February 13, 2005 2:29:28 AM)]
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

Kairo

Post Number:  244
February 14, 2005 6:59:14 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
          The Forge
/      xx x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
/        x x x x    x x x x x x x x x x                x x x x x x x x x x x          x x x x x 
/        x x x          x x x x x x x x  1.              x x x x x x x x x              x x x x 
/          x x                x x x x x                        x x x x x x x x x x                x x       
/                                    x x                                  x x x x                                         
/                                                                    2.                                                 
/ ====================================================== 
/              x x x x                                    =                                    
/            x x x x x      revolt's                =            x x x x x x x x x  **    back entrance             
/            x x x x x x    stronghold              =         x x x x x x x x x x    x x                 
/          x x x x x x x x                              =        x x x x x x x x x x        x x        
/          x x x x x x x x ####                      =        x x x x x x x x x x      x x       
/            x x x x x x x  ####                      =          x x x x x x x x x x    x x x        
/            x x x x x x    ####                      =        x x x x x x x x x x      x x x               
/            x x x x x x  #####                      =      x x x x x x x x x x x    x x x        
/              x x x x x    #####                    =       x x x x x x x x x x      x x x        
/                x x x x    ####                        =       x x x x x x x x x      x x x             
/                          #########                =                 ############    Republic fortress             
/                                                            =               ############            
/    ==================================            ############                     
/                                                                              ############              

Key:  x    mountains
          =  -  roads
          #  -  settlements
          ** -  back entrance

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Now, to business?" The captain enquired.

"Yes. My squad seems to all be here. Let's go over your part of the mission." Kairo said, motioning for everyone to come closer.

Pulling out and turning on a miniature holo-projector, the captain explained,"I brought a map along with us so you could get a layout of where we will be going. We are point one on the map. We are going to aid you in intercepting a cargo vessel at point two."

"From there," Kairo continued,"We will use the captured shuttle to sneek in through the back gate. Once inside we will take out the gaurds and head down the tunnel to the main fortress. The arrival of the shuttle at point two should be in the next hour. Is there anything you would like to add, captain?"

"That about sums it up. Once we make sure you guys are inside, we will head back to the main force that is ready to go in as soon as you open the front gate. 44-Alpha, move out." As the captain finished, he and his squad started to make there way across clearing.

"You guys don't won't to get left behind now do you?" Kairo said. "We have a designated time frame to make this work. Follow 44-Alpha to the designated area. Once there, secure the area and prepare to capture that cargo ship. I don't want to see anyone lagging behind. Move out."

As Kairo finished, he started after Alpha team. After they had gotten throught the clearing, the group entered the approaching trees. Stepping through the border, Kairo turned on his heat vision to make sure he didn't lose the squad ahead.

It was a long walk to the area, but the squad seemed to make it there in short order. Pulling Arrow aside, Kairo said," I would like you to go up the path a little ways and take a look out for the ship. As soon as it arrives send me a meesage." Walking over to the captian, Kairo asked,"Is there any sign of the shuttle?"

"A transmission from further down the road said it just passed them. That means we have a good five minutes before they get here."

"Good. Is your squad ready to go" Kairo asked as he looked around to make sure everyone had gotten there.

"We are. I wish to personally thankyou for coming here. None of our men are trained enough to undetake this mission," the captain grimaced. "We aren't warriors. Only a few of us have ever really been trained. This squad is one of the few that has."

"It is our pleasure to help anyone who asks of our aid." Kairo responded. Walking over to Tk he asked," Is everyone in place?"

"Yeah. Arrow just got into position, but besides that everyone is ready to go."

Kairo's comlink buzzed,"It just went by here sir. It is coming your way fast."

Clicking on his comlink to the squads channel. "Here it comes. Try not to damage it. We don't want it to look like it got captured." No sooner had the words escaped his mouth then the hum of a vehicle starte to approach.

Stepping out into the road. Kairo and the captain waited for it to arrive.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited March 23, 2005 8:09:42 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  938
February 16, 2005 7:17:09 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon waited patiently in the bushes to the side of the road, silenced pistol in hand as he waited for the shuttle to arrive.  A few seconds later, it rounded the corner and approached the area where Kairo and the faction leader were standing.  It stopped and the driver dismounted to talk to the two.  Afyon raised his hand and made the signal and the Dragoons quickly raced out onto the road.  Zafo and Sam each took one side of the shuttle and ran down to the front.  Sam slammed the driver in the head with the butt of his gun while Zafo openned the passenger door and pulled the guard right out of the vehicle.  Before the guard could even react, he was dead thanks to a quick clean slash of his neck by Zafo's knife.

Afyon, Gio and Otto raced to the back door.  Gio yanked open the door to reveal several crates and a pair of rebel guards.  Afyon fired too quick shots from his silenced pistol killing both guards.  "Clear."  Afyon said into the comm.  Kairo and the faction leader came to the back followed by Zafo and Sam, both dragging the bodies of the rebels.

"Throw them into the bushes, they'll be hidden there until after we leave the planet."  Kairo ordered.  Afyon and Otto dragged the two rebel guards out of the back while Zafo rolled the dead guard from the front into a pile of bushes.  Sam fired a shot into the head of the driver and threw him in on top of the rest.  The Dragoons quickly piled into the shuttle and waited for the order to move out.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

Kairo
ComNet Cadet

Kairo

Post Number:  251
February 21, 2005 12:22:07 AM    View the profile of Kairo 
  "I hate to do this but . ." Kairo said as he pulled the helmet off one of the dead bodies and searched the pockets of the driver for any key cards. He pulled out a small datapad that had a transmission code on it.

"Why did you do that?" Arrow asked as he was about to step into the back of the vehicle.

"I am going to be driving this thing. It would look a little suspicious if they saw a stormtrooper helmet driving." Kairo explained as he shoved on the helmet and stepped into the drivers seat.

Knocking on the wall he asked,"Is everyone in?"

There was an affirmative responce. As Kairo started up the vehicle the captain ran up,"It is up to you from here on out. Don't forget to send out the message to us once you open the front gate. See you on the other side."

Moving the vehicle forward, Kairo pulled out his datapad and opened up the map.

. . . . . . . . . . . . 10 minutes later . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Ok guys. Get ready I am coming up to the gate now." Kairo said as he prepared himself.

Stopping the car infront of the gate he waited for some kind of signal. The built in comlink of the car buzzed,"Please send authorization code."

Punching in the code from earlier, Kairo hoped it was the right one. A few seconds past. "You are clear to enter private. Pull up to the designated area."

As the gates opened, Kairo eased the transport through. Kairo whispered to the back"It's a circular shaped area. High walls surrounding a courtyard filled with other vehicles. There are to two gaurd posts, one ontop of the wall where we just came from and another infront of a double thick blast door straight ahead. I am being lead to an area with two gaurds waiting for us. It is thirty degrees to my right. Once I arrive, I want Afyon and two others to take out the wall gaurds and everyone else to come with me to the one infront of the doors. Get ready."

Pulling up into the designated area, Kairo pulled out his blaster. "Now!" Kairo yelled as he shoved open the door and shot at one of the guards. Landing in a crouch position he spun around and shot the knee of the other gaurd. Meanwhile the rest of the squad rushed out of the back. Afyon's group heading for the wall, while the rest started for  the small building infront of the blast doors.

Running to the other side of the vehicle, Kairo finished the lame gaurd. He pulled out his E-11, put on his proper helmet, and headed for the rest of the squad.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Initiate

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  180
February 21, 2005 1:42:35 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
"NOW!"

The door swung open and shots were fired. Giovanni followed Afyon out of the vehicle and drew his weapon, with Otto also following a few feet to his left. All three Dragoons opened fire on an enemy position atop a section of wall surrounding the large circular base.

Giovanni sought cover behind a few crates and barrels of rebel supplies. A second later his position was being blanketed with enemy fire.

"A little help here!?," Giovanni said frantically, as he pulled off a few blind shots in the general direction of his enemies
A few feet away were Kairo, Zafo and Sam, also seeking cover from the barrage of laser fire.

"COVERING FIRE!"

Giovanni rolled out from behind the barrels and crates and rejoined with Otto and Afyon, who had their eyes on the tunnel entrance. Otto and Gio finished off the last of the wall guards, while Kairos group made their way to one of the doors.

"Id hate to think that was the last of 'em," said Gio jokingly. Zafo chuckled.

"I dont know exactly whats behind this door, but i have a pretty good idea," said Kairo. "Arrow and Gio, as soon as those doors are open toss in a grenade. The rest of you pile in and clear the room out". Giovanni tightened his grip on a grenade, put his back towards the wall, and readied himself.

Kairo kicked the door open. Four rebels popped into view, 3 of them hiding for cover.

BANG

The 2 soldiers nearest the far wall are tossed to the other side of the room and are either killed or rendered unconscious. Afyon squeezes off a quick shot and clips one of the retreating soldiers in the waist.

BANG

"CLEAR!"

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

"How can we be so sure something Is worth Living, If we are not Willing to Die for it?"

Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  215
February 22, 2005 9:37:04 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
Once the room was cleared, Kairo turned to the Dragoons and spoke'

"Alright, to get deeper into the fortress, we are going to need to get those blast doors open. Since we need to find the controls for the blast door, we are going split up into two groups to cover more ground. I want Lonewolf, Sam, Zafo and Arrowcaan to come with me, the rest of you, go with Afyon"

The squad passed through a door and then came to a split hallway. Kairo pointed a direction to Afyon, who nodded in acknowledgement and led one half of the squad in the assigned direction.

"Let me know on the radio once you find anything, I'll do the same" Kairo called out before half the squad passed out of view.

Kairo motioned in the opposite direction he had sent Afyon. The Squad jogged down the hallway until they reached a door on their right. Zafo ran up to it and smashed it open with the butt of his rifle. Another hallway was revealed with 3 rebels standing guard at a door down at the opposite end. Everyone jumped to the side as a hail of blaster fire darted towards the Dragoon's position. Sam pulled a grenade off his belt and sent it flying down the hallway.

"Watch out they've got...BANG!"
Was what the next couple of seconds sounded like. Several seconds later the Dragoons rushed down the hallway, firing the occasional burst of fire, just to be safe.

"This might be what we are looking for" Kairo commented before he smashed down the door and the Dragoons poured into the room.

-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited February 22, 2005 9:38:26 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  953
February 23, 2005 5:35:58 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon's team quickly made their way down the other side of the tunnel.  The walls of the tunnel were made of smooth black stone and it was arched making it difficult to destroy from the air.  They finally arrived at a door across from the hallway where Kario's team had just entered.  Afyon stepped into the door frame that was set deep into the wall.  He took off his helmet and clipped it to his pack so he could see better and then plugged his datapad into the door's controls.  Afyon pressed a button on the datapad and signalled his squad to get ready to fire.  The datapad beeped and Afyon crouched down against the door frame, his A-280 ready to fire.  After a ten second count down, the door flew open revealing several rebel guards.  The squad openned fire, quickly eliminating the surprised rebels who weren't able to bring their weapons around in time.  The squad slowly moved into the room, each scanning it as they went to check for any hiding rebels.

"Alright it looks clear."  Afyon said as he walked back to the door.  He unplugged his datapad and shut the door.  "This must be the guard station for the tunnel."  He commented as he looked around at the numerous display monitors showing different parts of the compound and tunnel.  There were also a couple of cots, several weapons and ammunition crates and a couple of ration packs.  Afyon put two of the ration packs in his bag for later, the energy bars weren't going to sustain him indefinitely and he wasn't about to eat the nunasoup.  Afyon thought for a second then took off his pack and began to pull out some of the explosives.  "Any of you bring any explosives or detonators with you?"  He asked of the men in his team.  Otto and Giovanni both nodded.  "Alright give me four packs and a delayed action fuse and three heat sensitive detonators.'  Afyon ordered.  The two men gave him all but one of the heat detonators which Afyon then pulled out of his bag.  "Ok drag the rebels into normal looking positions and try to hide the burn marks.  If need be lay one or two on the cots, sit the others in the terminals looking away from the door.  Giovanni, put one pack with a heat sensitive detonator inbetween those terminals there, make sure the detonator is facing the door but try to make it so it won't be noticed at first by someone walking in."  Afyon ordered.  Afyon placed another explosive pack with a heat sensitive detonator under the cots, again making sure it was in line with the door.  The final one was placed in with the monitors and the two terminals beneath it.  The squad quickly finished moving the dead rebels into position and then Afyon signalled them to leave the room.  On their way out, he strapped the explosives with the delayed action fuse on the ceiling immediately behind the door inside the room.  Unless someone looked straight up on entering, they would never notice it from this side.  He pulled out a wire from the explosive, looped it around a pipe in the ceiling about a meter away.  He then had the door lower slowly, stopping it just above the ground.  He clipped the wire onto the bottom part of the door and then shut it completely.  "When the rebels come to investigate why the guard station has done its hourly report, they will open the door which will cause the wire to pull back into the detonator.  Once the door reaches the top, the wire will have gone back in enough to trip the detonator and start its five second timer.  Once that one blows, the heat sensitive ones will blow as well."  Afyon explained.

"Why bother wiring the room to begin with?"  Otto asked impatiently.

"Because when the rebs find out we are here, and believe me after a while it'll be hard to miss us, we need to create as much confusion as possible in order to exfiltrate this fortress alive.  Random explosions in various parts of the fortress will help to create this confusion.  The top of the hour comes in seven minutes, within seventeen minutes I would expect that that  bomb will be triggered.  By that time we will have exited the tunnel and would be attacking another objective.  Hopefully the explosion and whatever rebels stayed outside the room will sound the alarm and begin to split up the troops.  We do this in enough places then we should be able to escape relatively easy."  Afyon replied, almost lecturing at times to a man he thought would have known better.  "Ok let's move out, we have seven minutes to get out of the tunnel."  Afyon ordered.  He quickly gave the word to Kairo about the seven minute warning and the team moved down the tunnel.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

ASL/SSG_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]

Kairo
ComNet Cadet

Kairo

Post Number:  253
February 24, 2005 1:45:45 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  Running into the room, Kairo shot down a gaurd who started to turn from his station. He quickly ducked behind a terminal as the other gaurds started to shoot in his direction. The rest of Kairo's squad rushed into the room shooting down the remaining three soldiers. Standing up, Kairo took a good look around the room. There were two consols. One looked out into the tunnel they had just come from and the other looked like it controled aome railway systems in the main tunnel.

"Arrow, I want you to take a look at that consol that controls the cameras of the area we are in. See if you can shut them down for us. Sam and Zafo, stand gaurd at the door." Sitting down at the station with the controls to the inside of the tunnel, Kairo hooked up his datapad and started looking through files. After a few seconds Afyon's voice came over the channel, "You have seven minutes to get out."

Opening up his comlink to Afyon, Kairo said,"That should be enough time. Grab any rebel uniforms you can find, then get to the main tunnel. There should be a railcar arriving there soon. Load up and wait for me." Shutting off his comlink, Kairo hit a few buttons and hoped he had just called an empty railcar. "Sam and Zafo, grab the two uniforms that aren't the most burnt and get to the main tunnel. Arrow and I will be right there.

"How are those camera's coming." Kairo asked.

"I think I just cut the vidio lines leading back to the main fortress." Arrow responded exitedly.

"Good then lets get out of here." Kairo commanded as he picked up his datapad and made his way to the door. Running down the hall, Kairo turned at the point that he hoped led to the main tunnel.

Running through the entrance, he found the rest of his squad waiting for him inside the transport. It appeared that Afyon and Raistlin had put on two other rebel uniforms. Jumping into the vehicle he gave the signal for them to move out.

As the car pulled away, Kairo ducked down out of site. "Once we get to the other side Afyon's diversion should kick in. When we get inside I want Sam, TK, and Zafo to follow Afyon to any weapons area you can find. Lay explosives and make your way to one of the main gaurd towers at the front. I want the rest of the squad to come with me to sabotage the hanger bay. Be ready for anything. We don't know how heavily defended the back entrance will be." As he finished Kairo pulled out his two blasters and ducked down even further.

(OOC that should clear everything up. Just pretend that Raistlin has been with us the whole time.)
-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited March 23, 2005 8:07:43 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  957
February 24, 2005 3:10:33 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
(OOC: Thanks Kairo )

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

ASL/SSG_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]

[This message has been edited by Afyon (edited February 24, 2005 9:41:29 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

Kairo

Post Number:  255
February 24, 2005 3:39:55 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
(OOC ok here's what I did. Check my last post.  I can't change anything dealing with the blast doors so we will just pretend we went through those in Gio's post. My post has been revised to change the story around a little bit to fit in with Afyon's post. Can you please delete that big OOC you have Afyon. Thanks. If there are any more problems write them in the main DD area.)

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited February 24, 2005 8:47:28 PM)]
Zafo
ComNet Cadet

Zafo

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  216
February 24, 2005 9:40:27 PM    View the profile of Zafo 
[OCC: Gah, I must have been typing up my post while Kairo was editing his, So what was here would have not made any sense. I do not expect to be AWOL for not having two posts, because I did my second one (altough usless now) and dont have the time to re-write one tonight /OCC] 
-----------------------
~ZaFo
*DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Zafo (edited February 24, 2005 9:45:41 PM)]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Novice

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  29
Total Posts:  794
March 3, 2005 7:57:23 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
(OOC: back to the story heh)

Sam and Zafo follow Afyon to the nearest weapons depot.
    "I saw this place earlier," Afyon stated, "Zafo get started on those explosives, Sam and I shall gaurd the entrances."
    As Zafo began laying the explosives, Sam began to rummage through a weapons crate.
    "These could be of use," Sam said holding up a thermal detonator."
    "Sam plant them around the explosives that I've laid. It should add a nice touch to the exposion," Zafo laughed.
    Sam grabbed a few detonators and placed them near the already armed explosives.
    Then a loud blast was heard. A few rebel troops stumbled into the weapons depot that Afyon, Zafo, and Sam were. They quickly noticed them and began to fire.
    Afyon blasted one of the rebels in the head with his pistol. The comrades of the downed rebel began to shift their fire upon Afyon.
    Sam crept up on the remaining two rebels and held blaster pistols to their heads. "I wouldn't make any sudden moves if I were you," Sam said with a smirk of pure evil on his face.
    Afyon came out from behind the weapons crate he was hiding behind, just as Zafo finished planting the last bomb.
    "Afyon, Zafo head to the gaurd tower, I'll meet you there. I've got a bone to pick with these two," Sam laughed maniacally.
    "Make it quick, you don't have much time," Zafo said sternly.
    The two quickly left and headed towards the gaurd tower.
    Sam quickly took out his handy super adheasive that he has continued to carry. He slapped some on to the the backs of the two rebels.
    "Heh heh heh, I'll give you guys a little hint. If you run before this building goes you may live, but don't count on it," Sam stated bluntly.
    He this stuck a thermal detonator to one fellow's back, then shoved the two back to back. The glue holding both to the detonator.
    "Oh that detonator, it has a timer of...oh I'd say around 1 minute or so. Bon chance!" Sam laughed as he sprinted out of the weapons depot and down the hall.
    Zafo and Afyon are not to far down the hall when Sam catches up to them.
    "Hold up I want to watch these to rebels when they come out of the depot," Sam says as he catches up to the two.
    The three stop and turn around, just as the two rebels ran out of the depot doors stuck to each other. Sam fell to the floor laughing as the two rebels burst into small chunks.
    "I love my glue," Sam laughs, while getting up and wipeing a tear from his eye.
  -----------------------
TRP/CPL Sandwich Sam 2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
*DarkDragoons*
Punctuation is your friend. Really it is! Not like grammer, that asshole will just put you into a false since of security and then BAM!! it will hit you with an exception!
[This message has been edited by Sandwich Sam (edited March 8, 2005 7:46:50 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

Kairo

Post Number:  263
March 9, 2005 8:30:00 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
.  .  .    .  .  .  .  . Before Sam's Post .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

As the car moved into the station Afyon started to discribe the surroundings. "There are only five guards. It appears there are only two entrances. A blast door that I am guessing to be where they move the supplies through and a regular entrance with some controls on the door. There are two other cars at the station."

As Afyon finished, the car pulled into the area. As the doors opened, Afyon, Sam, and Zafo stepped out of the transport. One of the gaurds walked over and said in a barely audible voice from where Kairo kneeled, "I need to see some identification. It appears some rebels snuck into the back entrance. We sent some troops to take care of it, but we still need to check everyone." As he finished the other gaurds moved into flanking postitions.

As Afyon started talking, Kairo quietly crept to the other side of the car next to Gio. Looking out the window he saw that the remaining two gaurds had taken postition behind an E-web that was aimed at the transport. "Gio. I need you to give me one of your explosives." Tapping quietly on the window, Kairo checked to see if it was transpairsteel. 'Good. It looks like they used regular glass. Three seconds should be enough.'

As Gio handed him the charge, the converstaion outside seemed to heat up. 'Stall just a little bit longer Afyon.' Kairo thought as he set the timer and motioned for everyone to get as far down as they could.

"How many times do I have to tell you," the gaurd demanded. "No identification. No entrance! Take them to detentionary." The two gaurds moved, but before they could even take two steps Zafo and Sam opened fire. As they started to fall, Kairo broke the glass with the butt of his blaster and threw the explosive. Blaster fire poured into the vehicle. Lying down on the deck he turned on his comlink. "Everyone down!" Two seconds later, a loud explosion and blast of heat shook the transport.

Taking a glance over the rim, Kairo saw what was left of the two gaurds. "Is everyone alright?"

"If you mean are we alive. Yeah." Sam said as he picked himself up off the ground.

"What the heck was that?" Afyon inquired as the rest of the squad exited the vehicle.

"One of the explosives we are going to use to disable the hanger. Apparently, it packs quite a punch." Once he had finished, Kairo looked around. The gaurd Afyon has been talking to had also been take out. "How long do you think till your distraction kicks in Afyon?"

"I'd only given it two minutes."

"Plenty of time. I want everyone to make this place look as best as it can. Then head over to the smaller entrance. Afyon come with me." Stepping back into the vehicle, Kairo activated it to leave the station in three minutes. Stepping back outside, Afyon asked. "What was that for?"

"Once the reinforcements come they might think that we are retreating in that transport or they might think that is another group heading for where we are. Either way it will distract them from where we will really be headed." Running over to the locked door he asked, "Can you get us on the other side?"

"I think so. Give me a minute." Afyon replied as he pulled out his datapad.

Kairo stepped behind him incase there was anyone on the other side of the door. Pulling out a throwingknife and his blaster, he waited. A few seconds passed before Afyon was able to open the door. A it slid open, a startled technician droped his datapad. Throwing the knife at him, Kairo disposed of him andentered the hallway. It seemed to be deserted. Pullinng the dead tech bhind a sack of crates he said, "Lets get going."

A muffled explosion was heard from down the tunnel. A few seconds later an alert was sounded. "It seems were out of time. Follow me. Be alert. There should be some troops headed this way." Taking a left turn, Kairo moved cautiously down the hall. After taking another few routes, they came upon a small map.

"This place is huge. Ok. Afyon's group. Start heading for the nearest ammo depo. The rest of you follow me." Kairo ordered as he started toward the hanger.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . After Sam's post  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Pulling out his two blasters, Kairo led his group down another hallway. "We should be getting close. I think just another few halls and we will be at the hanger." 'I hope.'

Rounding the corner they came upon four gaurds making their way toward them. As the gaurds started to raise their blaster, Kairo knelt down and opened fire. It was over in a matter of seconds. Kairo signalled for the squad to be alert. Blaster sounds traveled easily down empty corridors. Walking over to the fallen slodiers he checked to see if there was anything of importance.

The sound of running boots was heard down a connecting tunnel. Looking up, Kairo saw another group or soldiers come into view. Raising his blaster he shot down the one leading the charge. Four shots rang over his head to hit another two. Rolling to his left, Kairo dodged blaster fire from the remaining trooper. A quick shot from Arrow took care of him.

"We need to get out of here. More troops will porbably be on there way." Running down the remainder of the hall, Kairo took a quick left and then a right. At the end of the corridor a blast door could be seen. Making hie way forward, Kairo ordered, "Arrow and Raistlin bring up the rear." Stepping up to the doorway he signalled it to open. A large hanger bay filled with vehicles met his eyes, leaving Kairo stunned at the amount of vahicles packed inside.

Blaster fire from his left, quickly snapped him out of his astonishment. Pushing himself back into the door jam, Kairo took two blind shots around the corner. "Arrow, Raistlin, covering fire." Running out into the hanger, Kairo ran toward a small tank. Firing as he went, he was delighted to hit one of the attacking gaurds. As a blaster shot narrowly missed his head, he lunged behind the tank. Sliding around to the side of the car, Kairo was greeted by an advantageous look at their attackers. There were two dead gaurds on the ground with four others firing at the door and the tank. They were behind a group of speeders they had apparently been about to take out on patrol.

Ducking down, Kairo holstered his two blasters and pulled out his E-11. Lying down on the ground he pushed himself into view of the feet of the gaurds. Unloading a clip into there feet, they were quicly lamed. Standing up he said into this comlink. "They are crippled. Take them out while they are still in shock." It was finished within a minute.

Another muffled explosion, this time even quiter, was heard through out the complex. "It seems Afyon's squad has finished creating another distraction. Let's get to work or we will be late to get to our tower."

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Yillis
ComNet n00b

Yillis

Post Number:  14
Total Posts:  1598
March 16, 2005 7:54:43 PM    View the profile of Yillis 
    "Yillis and Arrow watch that hallway, Rema the other one, me and Gio are going to blow the controls!"
    While Rema ran off to cover the other hallway, Yillis ducked behind one speeder as Arrow chose a speeder opposite him to cover the hallway. Kairo and Giovanni ran forward to inspect the controls as three more guards came down a hallway. Yillis fired a blind shot and ducked behind a speeder. Arrow knelt down and fired off two shots, taking out one guard, before ducking behind another speeder.  Yillis leaned out to take a shot at one guard, taking him down, while Ream jumped out from his hiding place, landing on his shoulder and while sliding across the floor sniped out the last guard.
    "Well that was cool," Yillis admired.
    "What can I say, I'm good," Rema acknowledged.
    "Time to go!" yelled Kairo as he ran around a tank with Giovanni hot on his heels. The rest of the group took off after them, and after a couple seconds slowed down a little.
    "We got the controls and we laid a couple charges on the door." Giovanni said after the group caught up.
"What about the back-up system?" Yillis remarked.  Kairo looked at Yillis, "Some of us do think ahead, and there wasn't a back-up system."
    As the squad heard the explosion in the background, Kairo said, "Off to one of the main towers, this place is gonna get crowded soon anyways."

-----------------------
Private First Class Yillis
Dark Dragoons
TRP/PFC Yillis/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR]
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

Kairo

Post Number:  270
March 18, 2005 8:24:11 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  (OOC I didn't want to post so soon after my last one, but Yillis wanted to post again. )

Running away from the hanger and toward the main gates of the complex, Kairo checked to make sure no one was lagging behind. They were all keeping good pace, but were starting to show small signs of fatigue 'They've held up well. We haven't had a rest since we got here. Even though we could last a lot longer, I would still prefer to have us refreshed so our reflexes are sharp.' Taking a left turn around a corner, Kairo looked ahead for anywhere that wasn't in the open. Twenty feet down the hall there was a door. Signaling for the rest of the squad to keep watch, Kairo and Giovanni opened the door. Giovanni swept in with Kairo right on his back. Sweeping his gun to the left of the door, Kairo searched for any occupants on his side. Besides a large desk in the corner and two seats in font of it, the room was empty.

"It's clear. Everyone inside." Kairo said as he walked over to the desk. "Take this minute to check your weapons or drink some water. We aren't stopping long." Sitting down in the chair at the desk, Kairo turned on the console. 'Ugh, it has a password. To bad. I was hoping to find some more specific data on the area ahead.' After he turned off the console, Kairo pushed the chair back, stood, and pulled out a small canteen he had put inside his backpack. Before drinking any, he looked around the room and saw that Yillis hadn't brought anything.

Walking over to him, Kairo said, "When you go on long missions, you should remember to pack extra rations and water. Take this. I haven''t used it yet and I have another incase of emergencies."

"Thank you, sir, but I can't. I don't deserve it because I forgot my own." Yillis groaned as he pushed the small canteen back at Kairo.

"Don't worry about it. I would rather have someone who isn't fatigued watching my back. Now drink. That's an order." Turning away, Kairo checked his chronometer. Five minutes had pasted by since they had entered the room. "Finish up men. This short rest is over. On your feet and get moving. We've used enough time already." Turning toward the door, he saw Yillis finish drinking and put it with the rest of his equipment. Opening the door, Kairo leaned around the corner. Both ends of hall were still empty. Taking his E-11 back out, Kairo stepped into the hallway and proceeded to move in the direction that they had been going before.

.    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .  Thirty Minutes later  .    .    .    .    .    .

So far the squad had been able to take care of the random guard patrols by either ducking behind crates or by retreating down an adjoining hall and ambushing them as they walked by. As they approached the front of the complex, the halls started to widen out and become cleaner. The squad had just entered another long hallway with a few doors on the side of it, when Kairo motioned for them to stop. "I think we are close to one of the guard towers. I want Rema to come with me to scout ahead. Everyone else hide in one of there rooms." As the group split up, Kairo and Rema started down the remainder of the hall. A few minutes later, they came upon another map of the complex. "Good. Rema cover me as I check to see where we are." Examining the holoprojection, he noticed that they were only another two hallways away from their destination. "Ok, let's head back." As they returned to where the rest of the squad was hiding, Kairo opened his comlink to the secure squad channel to talk with Afyon and Rema went to inform the rest of the squad that they were back. "Come in Afyon. Repeat. Come in Afyon."

"Afyon here. Where are you?"

"We are close to the right guard tower and ready to start the assent. Where are you?" Kairo responded as the rest of the squad walked over.

"We finished with or distractions. They should be really confused as to where we are since you also disabled the hanger. They won't know where we are as long as this channel is secure. Anyways, we are within striking distance of the left guard tower." Afyon said through the comlink.

"Good. As soon as we finish this discussion, start climbing your tower. I will signal you through the comlink once we are at the top of yours. Send me a message when you reach the top of yours. There should be some controls up there that have to both be turned on in order for the gate to open. Once we activate them both, get to the bottom of your tower and meet me at the front gate. Kairo out." Switching off the comlink, Kairo turned to his group. "Hopefully you all heard that. Here are some more details that you should know. Don't worry, Afyon already has them. There are four flours to each tower. Each is guarded by a group of soldiers on every floor. Each floor has a built in blastdoor that can be locked to prevent access to the next level. Don't worry about that. The rebel force's special agents that got us this information with their lives also had the access codes for the doors. Hopefully they haven't changed them. If they have we will just have to get creative. Once at the top, we will open the main doors at the front of this whole complex to let the main force inside. Ok. Move out." Putting his E-11 back in its place, Kairo pulled out his two trusty blasters and led the squad toward the base of their tower.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited March 18, 2005 8:28:10 PM)]
Yillis
ComNet n00b

Yillis

Post Number:  16
Total Posts:  1598
March 20, 2005 9:23:30 AM    View the profile of Yillis 
    As Kairo was explaining how the guard tower was set up, Yillis noticed that he was also changing guns. He pulled out two, really nice blasters. Yillis realized he was going to have to get better weapons of his own, the E-11 was nice but it wasn't his favorite.

When the group started to go into the guard tower, everyone was on the alert for the group of guard that was supposedly on every level. Kairo was in the front leading, with the rest of the group behind him, when blaster fire issued from the end of the hallway.

"Quick into that door," yelled Kairo, while the rest of the group got off a few shots and ran into a side storage unit.

"We need covering fire," Kairo stated, "who is up for it?"

"I'll do it," volunteered Yillis, with a smirk, before anyone else could speak up. "You guys don't know me that well yet, anyways."

"Ok, you shoot out a little, then run to the wall and keep laying on the trigger. I'll come out after to run across and cover you. The rest of you guys are out after me."

Yillis peeked out the door and let a couple shots loose, then ran across the hall to hit the wall and really let loose with the blaster shots. Kairo ran out after Yillis and crossed the hallway to take out two of the guards with three well placed shots and help from Yillis. After Kairo was out, Giovanni was next and took out the last guard.

"The rest of the guards on this floor probably heard that, so be more alert."

Kairo started leading again and a few seconds down the hall, he held up his hand to halt the group. There were multiple footsteps running down the hall. Kairo motioned to get into position. Giovanni quietly moved up toward Kairo and they both crouched down to leave room for the rest of the squad to fire. 5 guards walked out from behind the corner. The squad ripped into them. Less than one second had passed and the guards were all dead.

"Nice."

Kairo got up to lead again, and the group followed until the end of the hall. It then turned a corner and opened into a larger room, with a closed blast door on the far side. There was a guard on each side of the door.

"Rema take out the left guard ," The guards dropped after taking one well placed shot each.

"Ok, let's see if that code we got was worth it", said Kairo as he walked up to the blast door control panel.

-----------------------
Private First Class Yillis
Dark Dragoons
TRP/PFC Yillis/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Yillis (edited March 20, 2005 9:26:45 AM)]
Sandwich Sam
ComNet Novice

Sandwich Sam

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  31
Total Posts:  794
March 24, 2005 6:42:11 PM    View the profile of Sandwich Sam 
    Kairo's voice was suddenly heard out of Afyon's com link. Kairo wished to know where Afyon, Sam, and Zafo were at. Afyon responded and then ended the conversation.
    The team began the assent of the tower. As the team entered the tower they were confronted by a group of rebel gaurds.
    Sam quickly pulled out his blaster and nailed a gaurd in the head before any of the gaurds could react. Then more shots were fired from behind him. It was Zafo and Afyon. The gaurds fell before they could alert any of the soldiers ahead.
    "Well, so much for a quite entrance. Let's just hope that the blast doors weren't sealed from our little skirmish," Afyon said.
    "Zafo cover me, I'm going to run up ahead and check around the corner," Sam said, "I'll give you guys a signal if it is clear."
    "Wait, why are you going?" Zafo asked.
    "I'm going because I'm more expendable that you and Afyon. You are a demo expert in my eyes and Afyon is a damn good leader. I'm just a trooper with the thirst for Rebel blood. So, if I get hit then you guys can continue and I will do what I can to take out the punks who follow you guys. Do you understand?" Sam rambled.
    "But..." Zafo started.
    "No but's Zafo, just trust me," Sam said cutting off Zafo mid-sentence.
    Sam ran up ahead to the corner of the hall way. He peaked his head around and saw the blast door heavily gaurded by troops. Sam stepped back around the corner. Then quietly rushed back to his commrades.
    "The blast door is just around the corner. How they didn't get alarmed by the shots fired a few moments ago I don't know, but they are armed with some mean stuff," Sam told Afyon and Zafo.
    "Hmm, well that could be kinda bad," Afyon said, "Sam don't you have a few thermal detonators with you?"
    "Yeah, I think I may know what you are thinking," Sam said getting the remaining detonators from his pack. He handed one to Afyon and Zafo.
    "Ok, here is what we are going to do. We will creep up and roll our grenades down towards them and after they blow the rebels should be well on alert in the upper levels but the ones down here will be hurt and confused. We should be able to take the rest out with our blasters," Afyon said.
    The three rushed to the corner with their detonators already armed. They quickly and quietly roll the detonators towards the troops around the blast door. They then pull back around the corner.
    A few moments later the detonators blow up and toss the rebels against the walls. The three pop out from around the corner and begin to blast randomly in the smoke in hopes of killing the remaining troops.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Sandwich Sam 2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
*DarkDragoons*
Punctuation is your friend. Really it is! Not like grammer, that asshole will just put you into a false since of security and then BAM!! it will hit you with an exception!
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

Kairo

Post Number:  276
March 24, 2005 8:13:37 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
  As Kairo stepped up to the control pannel, he had a wave of anxiety roll through him. Shrugging it off as nerves, he punched in the access codes and mentally crossed his fingers. The door slid open quietly and smoothly. 'Good, they didn't change the codes.' Kairo thought, as he stepped through the open door. Keeping on the look out for more gaurds, Kairo and his group made their way down the rest of the hallway and came to a door. Opening it up Kairo found himself looking at a stair-well. Kairo signalled for Yillis to take point. "You said we didn't know you that well. Here's another chance to prove yourself." Kairo whispered in Yillis' ear as Yillis started up the stairs.

Following closely behind Yillis, Kairo pointed his gun up the stair-well. 'One floor down, three to go. I hope that code works from now on.' The squad made it to the top without any trouble. The last to arrive was Giovanni. Stepping up to the door, Kairo whispered, "Gio and Rema, get infront of the door. If there is anyone on the other side when I open it, take them out." As Gio and Rema got into position, Kairo pressed himself against the wall and pushed it open.

The hall was deserted. "I don't like this," Kairo muttered. "Everyone stay sharp, this could be a trap. Yillis and Gio, stay here incase something happens. They know we're here. They could have taken us out easily by placing all their men in this hallway. Something isn't right, but we have to get up there. Rema and Arrow, your with me. If anything happens, I want one of you to signal Afyon, Gio." Stepping out of the stair-well, Kairo placed himself between Rema and Arrow. Walking slowly, they moved cautiously down the hallway.

'Nothing seems out of place," Kairo thought. 'But this isn't right.' They had gone halfway done the hall, when it happened. Consealed panels slid down the walls, revealing small weapons implacements. Blue arcs shot out from four different directions. Kairo, Rema, and Arrow were only able to take out two of them, before they were stunned. Fealing his body go numb, Kairo slammed into the ground. 'Damn, I can't move. Why did they use stunners? Well atleast were not dead, so I will worry about that later.' He heard Gio's voice through his comlink, "Wait. Stay here. Or you won't be of any help to anyone either. Afyon. Come in Afyon. The second floor is booby trapped. THere are concealed weapons implacements inside the walls. Be careful. We better think of something fast Arrow, if they used stunners they must have people on the way."

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SR.SGT Kairo/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR]

"Others will only believe in you, if you believe in yourself first." -- Kairo
[This message has been edited by Kairo (edited March 25, 2005 1:28:27 PM)]
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Cadet

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  203
March 25, 2005 7:21:56 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Giovanni slammed his fist hard into the door panel. 3 of his squadmates were sitting ducks, and there was nothing he could do about it.

"Afyon, do you read me?"

Afyon's voice streamed through the comlink. He, along with Zafo, Sam and TK were too far away to provide any assistance, so Gio and Yillis prepared for the worst. Yillis held his ear against the door.

"What's happening?", asked Gio.

"I cant make anything out, i think it might be footsteps..."

Gio's heart sank. "How many?," Gio responded as he loaded a fresh pack into his blaster. Yillis shook his head, "What do you suggest we do?"

"I dont know about you Yillis, but I'm not about to let those bastards lay a hand on any of my squadmates... How many gun emplacements were there?"

"I counted four" answered Yillis.

"Well at least they no longer have the element of surprise. Get ready Yillis, were gonna bring em back."

The two dragoons turned their backs against the wall.

"GO!"

The door slid open, and in went the two dragoons. Four identical gun emplacements pivoted to greet them. Yillis took the first shot, rendering a gun useless. Shortly thereafter Gio fired a burst from his rifle and clipped the two gun emplacements portruding from the left wall. Yillis finished off the last gun as Gio rushed to drag one of the troopers back to the stairwell. Yillis rushed to get Kairo, and brought him to safety as well.

"COVER ME!" yelled Gio as he lunged for the last remaining Dragoon. He grabbed Rema's legs and pulled with all his might. A red bolt passed inches away from his head and gave him a wake up call. Yillis returned fire to the approaching rebel guards. The doors closed behind them.

Gio shot the door panel, effectively jamming the door and buying the five dragoons some valuable time.

What Now?

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*

[This message has been edited by Giovanni Bryden (edited March 25, 2005 8:43:23 PM)]
Kairo
ComNet Cadet

Kairo

Post Number:  280
March 25, 2005 10:14:30 PM    View the profile of Kairo 
(OOC I didn't want to post so soon, but I had given Yillis some instructions and they don't really work now. Not a porblem though. Thanks for posting Gio. Sorry this is so long.)

'What am I going to do,' Kairo thought as tried to move again. It had been a few seconds since he had been stunned. The blastdoors behind him were startig to open, when blaster fire hit the four stun-cannons. A few seconds later, he felt himself being pulled toward the stair-well. He couldn't actually feel anything, but the ceiling above him was moving by and he judged by his position that he was moving in that direction.

He was dragged into the small stair-well, and a few seconds later, Rema was placed beside him. He was then propped up against the wall, which gave him a proper view of his surroundings. 'Since I have my armor on, I should only be stunned a few more minutes. They probably planned to pik us up and inject us so that we would remain this way. I can only hope that they don't get to us before I can move or talk.'

Gio was talking through his comlink again, "Afyon, we got them back. I think we can hold out long enough fot them to recover. Keep going up your tower. I think that si what Kairo would say if he was able to talk, anyways." Closing down his comlink, Gio sat down infront of Kairo. "You can hear me right. Well if you can show some sign of movement, now would be a good time to show me."

'Well atleast he is remaining calm.' Kairo thought as he tried to move everypart of his body. His hand twitched. 'Well great. If I knew sign-language we would be in business. I hope Gio and Yillis can keep things under control a bit longer.'

From his position next to the door, Yillis asked, "How are they doing?"

"Well, Kairo is able to twitch, so I think that is a good sign. We only need more time. A luxury we don't have. Wait, I might have an idea." Reaching into his supply pack, Gio pulled out a thermal detenator.

"How many of those do you carry?" Yillis asked, as a pounding started to be heard on the door.

"I like to be prepared. I need you to help me carry these guys down a level. You take Arrow, I got Kairo. Sorry Rema, I'll get you next." Grabbing Kairo underneath his armpits, Giovanni started to drag him down the stairs. It took only a minute to make the whole trip. Gio and Yillis went back up the stairs to get Rema.

Trying to move anything he could, Kairo was rewarded with his legs slightly moving, his fingers wiggling, and his neck being able to shift position. 'Lets see if I can talk.' Moving his head to look to his left, Kairo saw Yillis next to him. "Rrrow, err eww ah k." Kairo caughed. 'Great I sound like an idiot. Let's try again, shall we.'

Before he could talk, Gio and Yillis returned. Placing Rema next to Arrow, Gio asked, "You moved. Can you talk yet?" The banging upstairs started to get louder. "Scratch that. I have to get up there or my plan isn't going to work. Yillis, stay here." As Gio ran up the stairs, he pulled out his thermal detanator and a blaster.

Next to Kairo, Arrow grunted,  "To answer Gio's question, Kairo can talk, but he sounds like an idiot. No offence sir." Arrow started to shift.

"None taken. I did sound horrible. I hate being stunned." Kairo pushed himself upward. "It appears it is wearing off quickly. You have to love stormtrooper armor." He was cut off by a load explosion up stairs. "We're really having a party aren't we."

Gio came back down the steps and said, "That should buy us some time."

"What the heck was that?" Yillis demanded.

"Oh. Once they had broken through part of the door, it started to bend inward. A small hole was beginning to from which would fit a small grenade. So once the gap was big enough, I pushed the thermal through. I ran down the steps and got halfway when it went off. It blew the whole door out. Also took care of about five gaurds. Pretty good if I do say so myself." Gio finished, sitting down on the last step.

By this time Kairo had mostly recovered. "Those turrets must not have been recharged in a long time." Standing up, Kairo got really dizy and had to lean against the wall. "I think we should be ready to go in another few minutes. How are you coming Rema."

"I'm fine. Arrow?"

"Ok, I guess. Haven't really been stunned that many times. Feels weird." Arrow stated as he stood up also.

"Good. I don't want to stay here much longer. The quicker we get upstairs the better. But I don't like us having to play by their rules. It's time we took control."

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  Three Minutes Later  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

"I think I have an idea." The stunned people had been able to recuperate by now. They still had a few numb areas, but for the most part they were able to move decently. "The floors of this tower are built one on top of the other. If we had enough explosive power, we could rig them to blow a large enough hole to get through. Do you have anymore thermals Gio?"

Gio nodded. "I usually carry a few incase of emergencies."

"Good. Once we get upstairs, I want Arrow, Yillis, and Rema to stay on gaurd while GIo and I work on rigging some explosives. Are we ready?"

They all nodded. "Good. Head out." When they had gotten up the stairs, then saw that the door-jam was slightly warped and that the gaurds had been disposed of. "Looks like you got them all. This should be far enough down the hallway. The next floor should be the exact same as this. Everyone stay on watch. Gio hand me your thermals."

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  . Ten Minutes Later  .  .  .  .  .  .  . 

Kairo and Gio had finished there work uninterrupted. Kairo had pulled out some adhesive bond from his pack and made a circle on the ceiling. Following closely behing him, Gio ahd planted the thermals into the bond. Gio had then rigged the timers to go off at the same time. While Gio was finishing with the timers, Kairo had pulled out a knife and was cutting around the adhesive.

"Why didn't you just cut a hole out in the first place?" Yillis asked, peering down the hall to make sue no one was coming.

"Because my knifes can't get very deep into the metal. I am just doing this so that way, the whole circle might blow out instead of just having a few small holes. Hopefully this will work. Are they rigged Gio?"

"Ready when you are." Gio responded, pulling away from the last detanator.

"Once this thing blows, we are going to have to push eachother through. Rema will go first. I will go second. Gio third. Yillis fourth, and Arrow will be pulled up last. When we get up there we will have to element of surprise. Take out anything that moves. Everyone pull back. Trigger the timers Gio." Running down the hall to the well aquainted stair-well, the group huddled behind the door way. Crossing his fingers, Kairo waited.

The seconds rolled by. Finally a deafening eruption shook the halllway. Running out from the shelter, Kairo looked up. Through the smoke, Kairo caught a glimps of a hole in the ceiling. 'It worked.' Remembering what he had to do, Kairo pu his hands together. Rema ran up and put is foot onto his hands. Pushing with all his might, Kairo lauched Rema enough of the way up to grab the upstairs floor. Rema, pulling himself through, remained as still as he could in the smoke. Gio ran up to Kairo and repeated the process with Kairo. Grabbing onto the floor, Kairo pulled himself through.

The smoke was beginning to clear, and Kairo saw movement to his left. Lunging out of the smoke cloud, Kairo shot at the unfortunate gaurd. The hall held only five other gaurds. Rema and him took out another two, before they recovered from their shock. Joined by Gio, they quickly finished them off. A few minutes later, everyone had made it through. "Perfect. One floor left and we're good to go." Turning around, Kairo headed for the door that lead to the last floor.

Stepping up to it, he found out that is was a turbolift. 'Great another opstacle to over come. We'll be sitting ducks if we go up in that.'

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant Kairo
Squad Leader
*DarkDragoons*

SL/SR.SGT Kairo/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CDS][BoA][CoR]

"Others will only believe in you, if you believe in yourself first." -- Kairo
Arrowcaan
ComNet n00b

Arrowcaan

Post Number:  10
March 31, 2005 10:15:38 PM    View the profile of Arrowcaan 
  Arrow crawled up out of the hole alerting everybody body that he heard someone coming.

"Come everyone get on, get on, we cant waste anytime," Kairo exclaimed, "hustle, hustle, hustle, if your not on in five seconds your getting left behind, and I'm serious."

"Sorry sir, but we cant go too much faster, this is going to be our top speed......if that helps at all." responded Arrow.

"I know I'm just trying to see if I can get you all to go faster, I just don't want to see anyone dead," said Kairo.

Everyone was on the turbolift and they headed up the turbolift.

...................10 seconds later................

Everyone came out of the turbolift ready for whoever was waiting for them.  There was no one there which made everyone feel that this all seemed a bit two easy.  Gio went up to the closest door and everyone else readied themselves.  Gio opened the door and on the other side there was about 10 guns already fireing at them.

"Everyone, help me with those guns and Gio hit with a thermal detonator to help us out a bit," shouted Kairo.

All of them started to fire taking out all the guns they could, and Gio threw the thermal to a corner where there where about 4 guns and demolished all of them. When all the guns were all eliminated they gathered in the middle of the room to discuss what they were to do next.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Arrowcaan (edited April 1, 2005 11:31:14 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Matacorn's revolt  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:18:28 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 72  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >