Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > STOP! KEREST THOSE MEN!

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   
Author
Topic:  STOP! KEREST THOSE MEN!
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  795
Total Posts:  981
  RE: STOP! KEREST THOSE MEN!
December 7, 2004 10:59:52 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
The two made their way slowly down the hall.  The odds were that the ship had only a skeleton crew, if that, so most of the rebels would be accounted for.  Still, they had yet to find a superior officer and even though the ship was small, there could be some rebels lurking around waiting to cause trouble.  The two reached the other end having searched two rooms and not coming across a single rebel.

"If the commander is on board, odds are he has gone to either an escape hatch or some place where there might be a communications system to access."  Afyon said,keeping a sharp eye down the hall for enemies.

"Figure the core of the ship then?"  Rema asked.

"Maybe, probably the middle section of the bottom floor is my bet, odds are this is an escape hatch there."  Afyon replied.

The two moved through their side of the ship quickly but methodically, not wanting to skip over any potential hiding spots.  The two finally reached a stairwell that led down to what they believed was the final floor.  Rema went down first while Afyon covered him in a sniper position.  Once at the bottom, Rema took cover while Afyon quickly ran down towards his position.  Afyon then made his way to the corner of the hallway and looked around only to be rewarded with a burst of enemy fire.

"We've got company."  He whispered to Rema who had reached his position.  "We have to take them quickly before they can alert anyone else."  Afyon instructed.

"A firefight here isn't what we need." Rema agreed.  Afyon signalled for a grenade and Rema pulled one out.  Rema lobbed it down the hall.  The thunderous sound came out of the hallway followed by smoke and shrieks a second later.  Afyon raced to the otherside of the entrance to the hallway and the two soldiers let loose with a burst of heavy fire from the powerful A-280s.  They neededto knock out the enemy quickly.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
SL/SFC_Afyon/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoR][IH][CoH(2)][SoA]
"No I expect to leave you on some beach with no name at all while I say away on my ship...and then I'll shout the name back to you...saavy?"
Virius
ComNet Member

Virius

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  428
Total Posts:  851
  IRON HORSE
December 7, 2004 11:29:28 PM    View the profile of Virius 
    Heading left Virius lead the way with Kami close behind. Coming up to a junction in the corridors Virius signalled to Kami to check the opposite corridor that he was checking. Peering slightly he spied two republic marines standing guard at what looked like to be a briefing room of some sort. Pulling his head back as not to be seen Virius signalled that there two soldiers and to provide a disctraction.

Kami nodded and dove through the junction sliding a small way, out of sight of the marines. Taking advantage of their loss of guard Virius jumped out A280 at the ready and shot them both, twice in the torso. The armor piercing rounds tore through them and splattered pinkish goo all over the rear wall.

Rushing up Virius and Kami looked at the guards and nodded in agreement to rush into the room. Pulling a keycard off of one of the guards Virius said quietly, "Flash and clear."

Kami nodded in acknowledgement and pulled a flashband off of her utility belt. Virius slide the card through its reader and the door whooshed open. The flashband rolled into the room and detonated three seconds afterward. Kami rushed in left and Virius right shouting for the rooms occupants to get down on the ground.

The room contained a two male sluissi republic officers and a protocal droid. The two NCOs stripped the officers of there weapons and hogtied them. Virius flipped off the droids power switch as it was starting to screem loudly. Getting the comm Virius radioed, "Major, we have found two officers at our current position, they have been secured. Requesting further orders."
    Rizzit responded quickly, "Good work, bring them to the bridge and start to work on the lower levels."
    "Roger that." Virius closed the comm and picked up a leg of one of the officers.
    "Good idea, we'll drag them." Kami said doing the same with the other officer.
    "I will actually rigg this droid to lead us, incase we run into any opposition, then we can get moving." Virius smiled pulling out a restraining bolt and attaching it to the platimum plating.

The droid whined to life and stiffened up. "What is your needs my master." The droid spoke in a high pitched voice.
    "Nice touch," Kami said dragging her prisoner over to the door.
    "Yeah I thought so," Virius responed then ordering the droid to head to the bridge.

The droid walked out of the room into the corridor then taking a left with the two NCOs and their POWs in tow.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant
Frank "Virius" Carter
Combat Slicer

Squad Leader - Iron Horse Squad
SL/SSG Virius/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [ES1] [WM]
TRN/INI Virius/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE
"Dear humanity, we regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to earth. And we most definitely regret the corp just blowing up our raggedy-ass fleet."
"Hoorah!"--SGT Johnson and Corp pilots in Halo 2
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  1108
Total Posts:  3342
December 8, 2004 3:27:58 AM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Pulling back on the flight stick as hard as he could, Phoenix sent the sluggish X-wing into as tight a vertical loop as he could manage. Emporer's black bones, how do the Rebs WIN in these things. Phoenix was so used to the agility and speed of his TIE advanced, or the sheer firepower of his missileboat, that piloting the X-wing felt like trying to fly with a Hutt on your back.

Right now only his relfexes and his rapidly deteriorating Force connection were keeping him alive. Two more interceptors had appeared from nowhere, making a swarm of five buzzing around the X-Wing. With Fury's ship outbound, and the Nova Cruiser not far behind, Phoenix was running out of options.

A split second warning through the Force made him pull out of his loop, slamming his left foot on the etheric rudder. the craft side-slipped to the left, as two quad bursts flashed past his viewport. Shit. These warnings are getting shorter and shorter.

Inverting his craft and diving again, Phoenix came out his his roll behind one of the interceptors. Lining up the targeting recticle, Phoenix triggered two sets of quad blasts. One set missed completely, but one of the second four punched through the engine, causing a brilliant explosion...which Phoenix casually blasted through.

He noticed one of the interceptors was taking a long path around, trying hopefully to make the Sith think he had bugged out. Switching over to missiles, Phoenix acquired a target lock, then a radar lock as the rectile went red. Pressing the trigger he sent off his last pair of missiles. He immediately rolled his ship on it belly and looped around, not wanting to hold the same path long enough for someone to get a clean shot. His IFF display showed one less fighter on it a few seconds later, leaving Phoenix now with three problems...

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight Gunnery Sergeant Phoenix
Cult Member (CM) - Sith Knight - Eagle Sect -
Squad Leader (SL) - Demolitions - Raider Squad
-
VEA Recruiting Staff
CM/DJK Phoenix/Eagle 1-4/Sith/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
AS-2/SL/GSG Phoenix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  941
Total Posts:  2873
December 8, 2004 8:56:47 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
Crewman Jones sprinted for the airlock, his trainee technician following along behind him. Jones had been on the Sojourn since the early days of the rebellion, back then they had smuggled weapons through imperial blockades. These days they still carried weapons, but formed part of the New Republic's fledgling infastructure. Jones had never used a rifle before, but when he heard that Imperials had boarded the ship he and his trainee opened up the cargo and armed themselves. They had avoided the imps and headed for the exit. Jones sighed, realising the captain was probably dead now.

They rounded the corner, almost safe. And stopped dead in their tracks. Ahead of them was one of the dreaded stormtroopers, garbed in a light metallic grey camoflage suit. His weapons were holstered at his sides, but he slowly turned to regard them still.

"Hands up!" Jones shouted, shouldered his rifle. Hoping for his life that the stormie would surrender, he didnt even know if the rifle was charged. In one instant the stormtrooper was still before them, there was a flash of movement, yet he appeared to have not moved. "Do it!" Jones reiterated.

Then his trainee dropped to the floor, dead. Jones looked about to see a knife lodged in his chest. Impossible, he thought. No one could move that fast. He turned back to see that the trooper now had a pistol in his hand, yet again Jones hadnt seen him move.

Raziel felt the crewman's fear, but was suprised by the technicians resolution. He decided not to prolong the man's suffering and just fired his fletchette pistol, the hot metal shards searing through the man's flesh and throwing him to the floor in a ragged pile. He holstered his pistol and carried on walking calmly.

"Bridge, this is turret,"

"Hello?" came the reply. It was Rizzit's voice, that was good,

"Ah, it's Raz. I'm up in the turret now."

"Yes. You said," Rizzit said, with a hint of sarcasm.

"Ok, it's just that we'd better get going now. Fury's already moved off and things aren't looking too hot for Thrawn he's getting away, but the X-wings are giving his TIE's a thrashing. Looks like he underestimated them, I suggest we make a quick break before anyone decides to pay attention to us."

"Well, we've got control now. I've just got to .... Ah there's the manual release..." there was a pause before Raziel felt the ship judder as it was released from the airlock. "Ok we're away now, i'm going to follow Fury's path,"

"Got you, be quick though this thing only has one turret," Raziel said, twisting the turret around to test it.

"Ah stop worrying, we'll be fine...." There was another clunk and Raziel almost fell from his seat. "Oh, yeah, still had a fuel line attached, never mind. Got the rest of the troops searching the ship for leftovers and the pilots."

Raziel sat back for a while in the turret control seat, watching the battle unfold around him. It looked like Thrawn was going to get away with half the rebel fleet.

"Woh, woh Rizzit, you there?"

"I hear you,"

"Better move it, looks like Thrawns going to pull out now,"

"What why?" Rizzit asked. Raziel simply starred as another jet of plasma fired out of a republic capital ship.

"Don't know what the Republic command have done, but all of the ships Thrawn were stealing have come to a halt. Some kind of explosions on them. Take a look.

Rizzit watched a stream of plasma shoot out of a Nebulon B and then the frigate come to a halt.

"I see, time to motor i guess," Rizzit pushed the ship to its limits and the small transport zoomed away from the shipyards.

"I've got an X-wing following me," Razial said, swivelling the turret around to bear. "Shall i warn it off?" he rested his finger on the trigger losely.

"No, no, thats Pheonix, he stole an X-wing and took out some TIE's" Rizzit replied.

"Well, all around i'd say its been a rather good day then," Raziel smiled. "Thrawn gave us quite an oppertunity,"

-----------------------
PL:A/SGMRaziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1} (WoS1) (VP) {IG} {CDS} {BoA} {PoC}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE
Virius
ComNet Member

Virius

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  429
Total Posts:  851
  Iron Horse
December 8, 2004 12:26:27 AM    View the profile of Virius 
    Dragging the two prisoners to the bridge they knocked on the door. "State your Callsign and business." A voice called out from inside.
    "This is Kami from housekeeping, just wonderin if you needed your mint." Kami said winking to Virius.
    The door opened with Rizzit at the ready with his rifle. "So where are the prisoners?"
    "We decided to drag them maybe losen their mouths a little." Virius said pulling the prisoner forward and ploping him down in front of the Major. Flicking off the platimum droids power Virius also mentioned the droid.
    "Good work, for now search the ship and see if you can find anything useful." Rizzit ordered then pulling the prisoners inside the bridge and closing the door.

"So where should we look first?" Kami said in a puzzled voice.
    "Hmm, where would I hide if I were a hiding republic officer." Virius responded looking around.
    "Well I read in a report from the last year's mission that there was an officer hiding in the ventilation system." Kami said looking for a vent cover.
    "Sounds like a good idea, lets find the environmental systems and mess with anyone else in the ship." Virius smiled checking his datapad for a room that contained the controls for the temperature.

After sneaking through the hallways checking every corner and open doorway they duo finally made it to the Environmental Control room. The solid plasteel door was adjacent to engineering that, after checking was locked.
    Opening a comm to the bridge Virius commed, "Major, is engineering under Imperial control?"
    "Not yet but it would be very nice of you to secure it for us." Rizzit responded in a interesting tone of voice.
    "Roger that, clearing engineering."

Looking at the door again he felt for any type of access panel and after short examination he found a hidden panel at the base of the doorframe. "Thats interesting," he said motioning for Kami to take a closer look.
    "I can pop that open for ya," she said pulling out a small amount of plastique and smushing it on the panel. Attaching a small detonator they both looked away and Kami triggered the explosive.

The plastique fizzled and melted away the metal and circuits beneath it. The door then unlocked and rose about a quarter of an inch.
    Virius took out his fiber optic camera and carefully slid it under the door to check for enemy contacts. Seeing none, he signalled for Kami to help open the door. Prying it open the two walked in and cleared the room.

Finding a computer terminl Virius plugged in his created slicer tool. Accessing the environmental controls he lowered the atmosphere in engineering. Timing for about eight minutes he programmed it to return to normal.
    "That will make even a wookie go unconscious."

Following Virius out of the room Kami readied her weapon and waited for the atmosphere to return to normal. Watching Virius check his chronometer he pulled out the keycard found off the briefing room guard and slid it through the reader.

The heavy blast door creaked open and inside there were five unconscious technicians and three marines. The two NCOs nodded at each other and moved in to secure the now breathing NR techs and soldiers.
    "Major, we have secured engineering. We have eight knocked out prisoners. I would like to ask for permission to sift through the ships computer." Virius commed to the ships bridge.
    "Permission granted. Kami is to stay and provide any support if needed." Rizzit responed closing the comm.

Virius pulled off his helmet and gloves and started to work. Kami pulled the prisoners up to the wall for soon interrogation.

-----------------------
Senior Sergeant
Frank "Virius" Carter
Combat Slicer

Squad Leader - Iron Horse Squad
SL/SSG Virius/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [ES1] [WM]
TRN/INI Virius/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE
"Dear humanity, we regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to earth. And we most definitely regret the corp just blowing up our raggedy-ass fleet."
"Hoorah!"--SGT Johnson and Corp pilots in Halo 2
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1110
  Raiders
December 8, 2004 10:55:50 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
The last TIE interceptor didn't die in the fiery way of the last two. A pair of scarlet bolts blasted through the cockpit, but didn't hit then ion drives. The pilot was liquified by the pure energy, leaving a dead shell driftinf off into space.

Breathing a sigh of relief as his IFF showed all green (well that meant all NR, but they werent his immediate problem). It was then Phoenix noticed that his hands were shaking. His breathing came in short, ragged gasps. The Force was a mere shadow in the back of his mind, no longer the dark, raging storm. Lacking any external antagonizer, he couldn't fuel the cloud with raw emotion.

Come to think of it, he hadn't BEEN angry during the fight...Fear leads to anger... Reciting the well known proverb, Phoenix understood. The shaking of his hands, his shallow breathing. I was SCARED?

Fear as not a new emotion for Jikkyo, part of the reason Phoenix had held him in such contempt, but it WAS a new experience for the Sith. He didn't like it at all.

"So now you know what it feels like to be human" Angel's voice danced through his mind. Clenching his jaw, Phoenix pushed the voice out of his mind. Its just the fatigue, he's gone...he has to be...

"Phoenix," A voice crackled over the comm system. "Phoenix change over to standard SC channel." Blinking away his blurred vision, Phoenix changed comm channels.

"Yes General?"

"I'm sitting at the edge of the system, the Kodoma has two docking rings on her belly you can use to get out of the X-wing." Fury responded.

"Yessir, I show you...15 klicks from my current position. I'll be there in no time."

Closing the channel, Phoenix put all the power he had in to the engines. His speed rose to about 124 MGLT as his shields and lasers powered down.

About a minute later the Kodoma came into view, and soon Phoenix could even see the scoring on the side of the hull from laserfire. Pulling back on the throttle, Phoenix eased underneath the Prefect's vessel. Goosing the throttle just a little, Phoenix came in contact with the docking ring. The end of the ring settled over the canopy, then created an airtight seal against the hull. Atmopshere was then pumped into the ring, and the warning light attached to the inside of the ring went from red to green, indicating Phoenix could pop the hatch.

The canopy opened, and Phoenix unstrapped himself. His tunic was drenched with sweat, and his hair smelled of salt. The wound in his shoulder hadn't fully healed yet, but that was ok. Pain made him feel alive.

Pushing off the flight couch, Phoenix reached the airlock on the hull of the Kodoma. Opening the hatch, the Sith Knight was greeted by Fury, two mugs of lum in hand.

Handing one to Phoenix, the general slapped him on the shoulder...the bad one of course...and said, "C'mon, lets celebrate a job well done on the way back to the Dominion."

Taking the mug, Phoenix drained half of it in one gulp and meandered his way after Fury.

-----------------------
-
VEA Recruiting Staff
AS-2/SL/GSG Phoenix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Acolyte (AC)

Post Number:  363
Total Posts:  1884
  IRON HORSE
December 9, 2004 6:51:52 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami pulled up an uncomfortable looking chair, then straddled it backwards, her gaze focused on her charges as she did so. Behind her, Virius's fingers flew over the keyboard, the soft tapping of the keys the only sound breaking through the quiet thrumming of the room.

One of the Rebels, a Marine, stirred slighty, his eyes lolling open. Pushing off the ground with her feet, Kami rolled forwards on her chair, smashing the butt of her rifle into his temple. The soldier let out a soft yelp before dropping back into his slumber.
The soft tapping behind her paused momentarily as Virius glanced over his shoulder.
Kami offered a look of innocence, "Found anything worth a second glance?"

Virius flicked his eyes back to his screen, "Not just yet..."

Kami turned back to the Rebels in time to see a technician snap back to reality. Pushing off the ground again, she shot forwards at the tech, catching the side of his face with a booted foot.
The technician let out a loud groan, then collapsed sidewards to land facefirst in his comrades crotch.

The soft tapping paused again, "Kam..."
Virius's eyebrows rose as he took in the recently coupled Rebel, "...I think you're having more fun than you're suppose to."

She grimaced, then tilted her chin at the screen, "Any luck?"

Virius nodded, "A few things that I can go through later." He rose from the terminal and looked down at the unconsciousness Rebels. "You think you can lug them back to the bridge?"

Throwing a wink at her squad leader, Kami nodded to the drooling Marine at Virius's feet
"You're the man Vee. You drag em."

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
-=silly caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords=-
-=pretty...what do we blow up first?=-
ASL/SGT kaMi/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [CoR] [IG] [GCA]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited December 9, 2004 8:30:01 AM)]
Otto Vox
ComNet Member

Otto Vox

Post Number:  975
Total Posts:  1390
December 9, 2004 8:42:26 PM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
Otto and Cyanus sat on the bridge waiting as Rizzit piloted the Sojourn back to the Dominion. Although Otto and Cyanus would've probably made the best candidates to search the ship for left over Rebels, they left the job mostly to the non-Jedi, though Virius and KaMi were now part of the Order, so they suited nicely. Afyon and Rema on the other hand, they did well enough on their own.
As the Sojourn neared the point of entering hyperspace, Otto felt two familiar presences and several new ones. The two he recognized were KaMi and Virius. He stood up and moved to the door, pressing the activator with a flick of the Force. He reached the door as Virius dragged in two men, and carried two others on each of his shoulders; KaMi doing the same.
    "Ya could've called up and asked for some help ya know," Otto said with a smirk.

"Yeah, well..." Virius started, trailing off as he nodded back to KaMi

"Aaah," Otto smirked, "enough said. Drop them here, Cyanus and I will deal with them."

Otto moved to drag the four that Virius had brought in when he noticed a small abrasion on the forehead of one of the men lying on the ground
    "Uhh, what did you two do to these guys?"

"They were waking up," KaMi said very innocently

"Uuuh, huh. Alright then, go and keep looking for the ranking officer," Otto said as he turned back towards the center of the bridge, then turned back, "And remember to keep yourself open to the Force, if he's near you, you'll feel him. Cyanus, let's take these sacks o' crap into the hallway and deal with them there."

"It'll be my pleasure," Cyanus said with an evil grin on his face as he got up from his chair.

Otto and Cyanus dragged the Rebels into the hallway with aid from the Force, propped them up along the walls, and began to wake a few of them up for "interrogation." It was obvious from first glance that none of them were the ranking officer, but some of them may know where he was. Once Cyanus and Otto got the information, through any means, from one of these scum, they'd contact Virius and KaMi and send them on their way.

As the first of the Rebels awoke, the ship jerked as it entered hyperspace to return to the Dominion. Rizzit's voice then crackled over the comm., "Lady and gents, we're out, and the Mighty Thrawn lost to the New Republic. We made it out with no loses and our very own stolen ship. Good job people."

-----------------------
Sergeant First Class Otto Vox
Dark Jedi Knight
Fire Team Leader (FTL) - Raider Squad
-
Vast Empire Army
FTL/SFC Otto Vox/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE(LM)(ES)(SoS)(RCoD)
CM/DJK Otto Vox/Lion 1-4/Krath/VEDJ/VE
Give into the inferno that is the Dark Side of the Force - Otto Vox
"The earth it shall burn right into our eyes on this very night"
"We shall destroy the earth rebuild it, none shall inherit it."
"Blood turned into fire, made to drink like wine"
[This message has been edited by Otto Vox (edited December 9, 2004 8:44:59 PM)]
Rema
ComNet Member

Rema

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  938
Total Posts:  1056
December 9, 2004 10:27:12 PM    View the profile of Rema 
[OOC: Wow this is bad...]

Charging through the smoke, Rema fired a barrage of A280 fire. The sound of a thud on the floor, and a quick scan with his infrared sensors showed the area was clear. Ahead of the two Dragoons was a small, sealed hatch. Moving to either side of the door, Afyon readied to open the hatch. On the count of three, he pressed the door release button causing the hatch to slide open. Expecting a hail of blaster fire, Rema squished himself as best he could against the wall. After a few seconds of eerie silence he looked through the hatch. Inside the room, which appeared to be a small cargo hold, were a dozen small, metal crates. No hail of blaster fire. Slamming his last clip into his A280, the Dragons XO turned to his CO.

As the CO was giving his orders the ship shook causing Rema to fly across the hall and smash into him.

"I guess that means we are out of Sluis Van," Rema announced smiling under his helmet.

"Get off me." Afyon growled pushing Rema away.

"Sorry."

Picking up his rifle, Rema moved through the hatch and into the cargo hold. Shouldering his A280, he began to weave through the maze of crates. A shuffling noise caused the Dragoon to freeze. A shape flashed at the edge of his peripheral vision. Spinning to bring his gun to bear, he saw a red blaster bolt fly past his head. Dazed for a second, the attacking Rebel charged the Dragoon screaming madly. Noticing the uniform the rebel was wearing, Rema guessed it was the commanding office. Quickly turning his A280 around, he slammed the butt of his rifle into the chest of the rebel commander. Rema could hear a crunch as his rifle connected with his attacker. The officer was tossed to the ground.  Leaning over the screaming rebel, the Imperial delivered the knock out blow. Within moments Afyon was at his side.

"Ouch. Nice job Remmy."

"Thanks."

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
ASL/SGT Rema/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][OPE] [AM-B][AM-S][AM-P][IH][SoA][CDS]
"Only Trust your Allies as much as you can Predict your Enemies."
"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, i expect you to die."
"Luke, I am your Fasha."
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1112
December 10, 2004 1:25:26 AM    View the profile of Phoenix 
[OOC: Rema, seriously. Theres no plausible way your post coulld have happened. check the  site Raz posted for the ship you're on...]

-----------------------
-
VEA Recruiting Staff

Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  943
  IRON HORSE
December 10, 2004 7:02:49 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
Raziel kept the turret powered up and aimed behind them right up until the moment Rizzit launched the ship into hyperspace. He paused for a moment and took a deep breath, slowly relaxing his hands and taking them from the controls. For him that had been more than a little tense, whilst most of the non-coms were busy on the ship and ignorant to the events outside, he had been keeping an eye on the victorious Republic fighters whilst Rizzit steered them clear. All the while visions ran through his head of one of those fighters slowly turning about and heading after them, before calling rogue squadron, or some other X-wing group down on them. However, it had not happened, the ships had never turned to follow them and they were clear now. Every second watching the distancing ships had seemed like an hour to Raziel.

He slipped off the chair and clambered down into the main body of the ship. On his way to the cockpit, he sneaked a peak into some of the cargo on board. It was a fairly impressive cache of weapons, blasters, explosives and heavier personal weapons. There was also a crate of parts, which appeared to be the components of a stationary turret. What the shipment lacked in quantity it made up for in quality, who the shipment was headed for he could not hazard a guess at, but it was all mundane stuff. The New Republic lacked a strong transport network so older rebellion ships like this were still running cargo.

"Hi there," Rizzit said, not getting up from his chair.
"How're things?" Raziel asked as he stepped into the room and took the nearest chair, swivelling it to face his commanding officer.
"Not too long before we get to the dominion now, the dragoons and horses are still searching for the captain of this pile of rust."
"Not too impressed with it?"
"Oh it'll do, it's just seen a few years this thing, and by the way you didn't happen to take anyone alive did you?" Rizzit asked
Raziel shrugged. "We've got the ship now,"
"Yes, but we still need Republic codes if we're going to get through any military lines, the computer says the codes were downloaded from the computer and then wiped shortly before we came aboard."
"Oh,"
"Yeah, you probably noticed Otto and Cyanus having fun with the four outside."
"I'll see if I can help," Raziel said. Torture was not a favourite of his, but interrogation techniques had been part of his training and telepathy was his main strength. "Got a med kit in here?" he asked.
"Sure," Rizzit pointed to a green box on the cockpit wall. Raziel opened it and rifled through the contents, picking out a small syringe.

Outside Otto had his lightsaber held in front of him, edging it closer and closer to a crewmember's neck. The pilot was pressing back against the corridor as hard as he could, leaning away from the saber. Otto deactivated his saber at the last moment, leaving a small burn mark on his neck.
"Any luck?" Raziel asked.
"Nothing useful," Cyanus replied.
"Mind if I try one?" Raziel asked, holding up the syringe and nodding towards one of the unconscious prisoners.
"Be my guest, but what is that?" he pointed at the syringe.
"Oh a mild sedative, as you wake up from this one you tend to be susceptible to probing,"

Raziel dragged the unconcious man by the scruff os his uniform around the corner, away from his comrades. He unloaded a third of the syringes contents into the man's body. Hopefully that would keep him down for a couple of minutes.

Raziel layed the man down confortably ion his back and waited for him to rouse. As the man's eyes started to part Raziel started to talk.

"Nice to see you awake . . ." Raziel probed the man's mind quickly, "Ghant," Raziel noted that the mind was also more susceptible to suggestions through the Force in this semi-alert state.
"Er, who's . . . who's . . ." Ghant murmured.
"It's me, the captain," Raziel delved into Ghants mind and conjured up and image of his commander. "It's ok now, we'll be heading on our route soon,"
"The engines, i must prep the engines," Ghant repeated.
"It's ok, it's been done. You just relax now. We'll soon be heading off for . . . " Raziel let his voice trail off. He probed the engineers mind as he recalled the details of their next shipment.
"Good man, good man," Raziel said soothingly, resting the palm of one hand on Ghants forehead.
"But, but the stormtroopers!" Ghant shouted. Raziel pushed down more forcefully on Ghants head, keeping him in place. The man' was quickly recollecting recent events and Raziel had to act fast.
"Ghan, listen. We've lost the codes, where did i put the codes?"
"No, captured! I was captured!" Ghant said as he regained counciousness. His eyes snapped fully open and he looked straight at Raziel for the first time.

In a last ditch effort Raziel forced himself into the engineer's mind, searching for the information he needed. Ghant screamed as Raziel probed him through the Force. He gasped as his mind was torn asunder,

Raziel looked down in shock as Ghant's eyes stopped moving, and rolled up. The engineer went limp. Raziel realised that Ghant hadnt even known about the codes. He hopped to his feet, away from the body, in shock.

Power, without control he thought to himself. A similar even had happened on Bestine. All his life he had complete control over his body and knew all of his limits and potentials. The thought of not understanding his new found strength terrified him. He would have to be far more careful in future, control would come in time.

He walked back to the cockpit, Otto through him a lopsided salute. The other prisoners looked up at him in fear, they had heard the screams.
"Get anything useful out of him?" Otto asked.
"'Fraid he didnt know what i wanted," Raziel replied, before going in to talk to Rizzit. As the door shut behind him he heard Otto say:
"Now, who wants to go with him next? Oh, you'd better start talking then!"

Otto and Cyanus would use whatever means necessary and Raziel held no doubts they would get anything out of the remaining prisoners, Raziel had lost the heart to join in now after losing control. He was just afraid that these crew members didnt know what they needed.
"Any luck?" Rizzit asked.
"None on the codes, but i know where they were headed next,"
"And?" before Raziel could replied Rizzits comm unit beeped.
"Rizzit, this is Afyon, we have the captain!"
"Excellent, search him for a data disk and then bring him here!"

-----------------------
PL:A/SGMRaziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1} (WoS1) (VP) {IG} {CDS} {BoA} {PoC}
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  797
December 10, 2004 10:45:39 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
[OOC: Phoenix there are probably ten posts that incorrectly state the size of the ship, the fact it has a bridge, etc.  It's too late to change that, let's just roll with it or else it won't make any sense at all]

Afyon searched the Captain's body for a disk.  He managed to find two, a small datapad, commlink, identification, and a rather interresting looking mini harddrive.  The two disks most likely contained information on communications channels, codes, and other computer information.  The harddrive was curious.

"Alright let's bring our new friend upstairs."  Afyon said to Rema.  The two lifted the Captain's body off the floor and began to carry him out like a stretcher.  About halfway down the hall, Afyon got a thought.  "Here sit him up on that crate."  Afyon motionned with his head to a crate just behind him to his left.  Rema turned and gave him a puzzled look.  "Just do it, you'll see."  Afyon continued.  The two sat the captain up on the crate.  Afyon took off his helmet and adjusted his commlink before taking out a water canteen from his pack.  He splashed some of the water on the captain's face and one he came to, he poured some into his mouth.  "Welcome back to the land of the living."  Afyon told the captain who shook his head a couple of times to clear the fog.  The captain looked at Afyon but before he could speak he was cut off.

"Alright you have two choices.  You can do things the easy way or the hard way."  Afyon continued, staring down at the captain.

"Why should I do anything you demand?"  The rebel demanded.

"Because if you don't do things the easy way, we have six dark jedi who are more than willing to rip you apart piece by piece until you tell them.  So you have a choice, we when get up to the bridge, you can answer the questions the major has for you, or else you will be 'interrogated' by the dark jedi.  Which for you means facing the most horrific forms of barbaric torture.  Which way do you choose?"  Afyon demanded.  The rebel officer looked up him curiously.

"What do you care how I'm tortured.  For all I know this is just some charade your commanding officer put you up to to crack me easily."  The officer replied stubbornly.

"Two reasons.  First, phyiscal torture is not a good way of getting accurate information.  Second, they can read your mind so they don't need to torture you, they do it out of sick fun.  I'm giving you the chance to avoid their torture chambers."  Afyon replied.  "Unlike some of them, we are humans too."  He continued.  The rebel officer pondered silently for a minute.

"You have until we reach the bridge to decide."  Afyon warned.  He clipped his helmet on his pack and swung his rifle out in front of him.  "Now get up!"  He ordered.  "Hands on top of your head, and move nicely and slowly."  He continued.  The rebel officer stood slowly, almost losing his balance at first as the effects of being knocked out still hampered his coordination.  Afyon and Rema trained their guns on him and the three marched towards the stairwell to head up to the bridge.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
"No I expect to leave you on some beach with no name at all while I say away on my ship...and then I'll shout the name back to you...saavy?"
Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  952
December 13, 2004 9:44:27 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
The prisoner screamed in fear as Raziel grabbed him by the collar and took him away. He had heard the screams before, and knew that the man who had gone before him was dead. Oh god the body is still there! Raziel tossed the pilot down next to Ghant's dead body. The pilot screamed again and furiously scrambled away from the body, a look of agony was etched on the lifeless face. Raziel raised a blaster pistol.
"Be still," he said, and the pilot was. After a few minutes Raziel shook off the shock of losing control and getting nowhere with Ghant. But afterall, if he didn't try again he never would learn control.

The pilot looked across at the engineers frozen corpse once again, they had been good friends. And this...thing...tortured him to death The pilot regained some of his nerve, this thing with horrible piecing eyes could do as he pleased, he wouldn't talk. The Sith, or Stormtrooper, or whatever he was, slowly slid a knife from its sheath. The black blade came lose from the bandolier and the Jedi held it up for him to see. The blade was dark and lifeless, no light reflected off of its surface, it absorbed everything and it was hungry for life. The pilot's nerve faltered some then, he shied away as the Jedi brought the blade down close to him. The flat side of the blade was run along his chest loosely, it trailed down to his waist. In a flash the Jedi lifted his shirt and was down at his side, holding him down with his free hand. The Sith's grip was like iron, though he looked slender. The pilot tried to struggle, but to no avail. There was a tearing sound and he hoped it wasn't his skin, he looked down to see his shirt ripped up the middle, his chest exposed and the knife hovering ominously above it. He felt a tingling sensation in the back of his mind then, but paid it no heed. He could only stare into the darkness of the knife's blade, and despair.

He could only remember thinking one thing afterwards, as the knife plunged down towards him. He didn't even ask any questions raced through his mind as the cold blade touched his skin. And then came the pain. The blade sliced his skin as if it were paper, he could only watch as a thin line of blood rose as the knife ran up the length of his stomach. It was so surreal, like a dream, he just couldn't believe it was happening. And then he screamed. A horrible gut wrenching scream. He tried to tear his eyes away as the blade plunged into his stomach, but he could not. Searing agony ripped through his body as flecks of his blood sprayed over his chest. He watched as the Sith opened his stomach with the knife and rammed the knife into his gut. He wrenched and twisted in the Jedi's grip, trying to free himself from the pain. He didn't even ask any questions

And then it stopped. He continued struggling for a moment and then realised that the pain had stopped. Maybe he was dying now, his life force slowly slipping away. But no, he could still feel his body, could still feel the loose tattered remains of his shirt on his chest. He looked up to see the Sith smiling, holding the clean knife menacingly. He looked down at his body, to see that it was not ruined, there was no slash down the length of his body, there was nothing. The Jedi released him from his grip and his hands went to his stomach, memories of the pain still lingered.

"That was a taste. We can do this all day if you want," he kept the knife in his hand, waving it slowly in front of the prisoners eyes. He had never felt pain like that before, yet it had not been real. "I know you were headed to Alzoc three, I want to know why and I want to know your route. Exactly." Raziel felt pleased with himself, he had exercised his power with complete control.

"What's the story then?" Rizzit asked as Raziel came back into the bridge.

"They're all spilling their guts now, I played some mind games with them and now they're all confessing the world to Afyon. They think he can keep the "Nasty Sith" away. Got to love good cop, bad cop. Basically they were headed to Alzoc III, spooky huh? But none of them know why, but the cargo contains a standard set up for fortifying a base they say,"

"That's mildly worrying, but we cant think about that now. What about the codes?"

"The captain's handed them over and explained their use fully, when he saw the rest of his men after me and Otto were through with them he 'fessed up quick."

"Good, we're coming up to the Dominion now," The ship dropped out of hyperspace , the Dominion a spec in the distance ahead of them. "I think Fury has been busy whilst we were away."

"Excellent, the men should be anxious to get going."

"How long did you say the storm would last?"

"Around two standard hours sir," the private replied, only glancing over his datapad to look at Commander Boyd.

"Issue the order to lock down then, send out a speeder to bring our men back from the outposts and ion cannons. What about that meteor shower, is that over now?" the commander reached up and rubbed his chin contemplatively.

"Yes sir, they landed around fifty miles from our location," he replied

"You know imperials often use meteor showers to hide the deployment of probe droids." The strange figure at the other end of the room piped up. The bald headed man stood up and straightened out his newly acquired robes. Heavy metal binding drubs had been pumped though his system and had removed some of the toxins present in his system, the rest of the drugs had worn off over the course of his long trip. He was now back to his pompous, overconfident self. "Also I recommend you do not recall your men. We could be attacked at any time and we would be left defenceless!"
Commander Boyd did not enjoy Vic'tahr Buschelle's company. His remote base had been chosen as the staging point of "Saviour's " regrouping. He thought the bald headed man looked like a fool, and acted as much like one. And yet his men followed him fervently and higher ups seemed to be willing to throw resources his way.

"May I remind you that the conditions out there will be too dangerous for any man during the storm,"

"Well then, place remote turrets at the eight outposts and have the men stay in the Ion cannon control rooms, I've read the specifications and those things have environmental control,"

"Yes, but during the storm only the bunkers own environment is without risk of compromise, leaving men out there will hardly be without risk and they will not be comfortable. They are my men."

"They are my men now commander and they will do what it needed of them to bring down the Imperial remnant." He elongated his vowels and talked slowly, drawing out each word. Boyd almost felt humbled in his prescence, even though he didn't really believe Vic'tahr as competent as he made out. The private looked up to Boyd for confirmation.

"Very well, leave four men at each ion cannon and leave remote turrets at each outpost Although the long distance communication system will be able to penetrate the storm to some extent we will probably lose short range comms during the storm," Before the private could leave though Buschelle had more to add.

"Oh and find Colonel Shansta for me, he should be ready for command now,"

"So General, may I enquire about your greater plans for the Empire?" Commander Boyd asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Vic'tahr Buschelle seemed ignorant of it. "Well much has happened since I was last active. The Vast Empire has gained momentum now and are on a push for the core. No-one ever thought this possible, I knew all along and no-one believed me." Boyd wandered just how long "Saviour" had been screaming that. Probably he made up the story after hearing the news. "We cannot simply smash them head on, no as usual their overconfidence is their weakness. You must remember commander, the Empire likes order. So we, must seek to destroy that order. We must let the advance continue and take out their supply lines. I will assemble a crack force, the equal of theirs in battle, using imperial training and attack behind their lines."

"And are you entirely sure that you can bring them to their knees this way?" Commander Boyd felt like laughing out loud at this pretentious man, did he think it was that easy?

"Tell me commander, when a brawler charges at you do you stand in his way, or step to the side and take his legs out from under him?" With that Vic'tahr span around, his purple robe flying out behind him and stormed out of the room. Commander Boyd found himself wandering why he was immune to the man's persuasive charm.

The team at Ion turret 2 looked out at the encroaching storm. A great wall of white that was slowly getting closer, swallowing the terrain as it went. They had no idea why they were being kept out here during the storm, the v-180 Planet Defender was able to keep them warm under usual conditions, but they had no idea how it would cope in a snow storm. What confused them more was that the Ion turret could be remotely controlled from back at the base. Were they expecting a ground attack? In this storm?

The squad leader gave up on contemplating such a move, he put away his macro binoculars and stepped back into the Ion cannons underground control room. The hatch shut closed behind him.

"We sneaked in a probe droid during the meteor showing, this is what we learned," A holo image came up behind Fury displaying a single bunker. "Around the bunker are eight defensive outposts, arranged in a square at a distance of around two miles. Each outpost is manned by three or four men and is armed with a laser cannon, a repeater and a missile launcher. A mile to the north and a mile to the south of the main complex are planetary Ion cannons. These pose a problem and are our first priority. Interestingly a storm is approaching the complex, during this time they will be almost blind. Their long range antenna will still function and there is a warning satellite in orbit, so they will still be aware of any ships in the vicinity. The Ion turrets will however be operative, so we cannot move the dominion in straight away.
"During the storm Iron Horse and Jester will be deployed ... here" A point on the map came up a mile to the west of the base. "The outposts will be unmanned during the storm, however the Snowtrooper suits will be able to withstand the storm. Visibility will be around ten metres and short range communications will be inoperative. Unfortunately we couldn't get a sled into the transport. You will have to ground pound through the storm to each of the ion cannons and disable them, they should be unmanned.
"Once this is achieved the dominion will move in. A sentinel class shuttle will land ten miles out from the base and deploy Wraiths, Raiders and Dark Dragoons on the sleds we used last year. By this time the storm should have abated and a full assault will follow. The base itself doesn't seem as elaborate as what we encountered last year. The probot didn't get close enough for a good like, but it seems like a simple structure, possibly underground with a fifteen foot defensive wall.
"So to summarise. Iron horse and Jester will be deployed within the perimeter during the storm and destroy the ion cannons on foot. The rest will be deployed, along with sleds, after the storm to commence the attack."
Fury looked around the room, waiting for questions. There were none. "Well then, don't stand here looking at me. Get suited up!"

"Oh sir?" Raziel asked

"Yes?"

"About the weapons on board the stolen transport. If such weapons ended up in the hands of out platoon would the Army logistics or whoever get involved? After all it's only good distribution of armaments."

"Lalalalala" Fury said, placing his hands over his ears. He didn't want to get involved in the theft of stolen Republic weapons, but didn't care much where they ended up either.

"Excellent," Raziel smiled as Fury walked away.

Raziel slipped into his black two-piece temperature control glove, before starting the long process of surrounding himself with the outer shell of a snow trooper suit. Finally he put the breather hood over his face and looked around at his colleagues through the polarised visor. The suit didn't allow for many complex movements, but in the tundra he doubted that would matter. He clunked down to the stolen transport along with Iron Horse.
It was Showtime.

The Sojourn dropped into real space outside of the planets gravity well. Well out of range of the ion turrets, Raziel reminded himself. He looked out of the viewscreen at the bleak, white planet.

"So how bad will this storm be again?" Raziel asked.

"You probably wont see your hand if you waved it in front of your face." Rizzit exaggerated. Virius groaned.

"How exactly do we find the Ion turrets then?" Varron asked from behind them.

"We rigged the suits with a map computer. It'll have the co-ordinates of the Ion turrets and our landing point plugged in, it should lead you to them."

"Or it could send you to the north pole," Raz put in. Then the comm unit crackled into life. The signal came from the a satellite orbiting the planet, but was weak. Obviously it was being relayed from the planet.

"Transport ship. State your business in this sector." Crackled a male voice.

"The is the Republic ship Sojourn Rizzit replied. "We are en route to Alzoc three, we're just having a bit of trouble with the nav, we'll be off shortly!" Rizzit transmitted the Republic codes. Hoping the captain hadn't scrambled them before downloading them.

"Understood, we're having a bad day down here, the weather gets . . . " the signal fizzled out.

"Kerest? Do you receive?" Rizzit asked.

"Yes, we're here. I was just saying we're in the middle of a storm right now. It's pretty bad." The voice came back more strongly. Rizzit looked at Raziel and winked.

"Kerest are you receiving us? Do you need aid?"

"No no, proceed on you're current heading we're locked down good and tight,"

"Kerest? I'm still not receiving you? It looked like a bad storm. I'm going to move in closer to see if you're ok,"

"No, I repeat do not come closer to the planet. We are fine, we've had ..." the signal faded out again and before the operator could boost the signal power Rizzit cut the communications short. He steered the ship towards the planet and hit full thrust.

"Sir, a republic transport just entered the sector. Our transmission was too weak and we lost contact, I think they're coming in to check if we're ok, I've lost the signal again and I cant see where they are. Last position was here," the comms officer pointed to a location on the map.

"Oh well, let them, if you can, try and signal that we're fine down here," Commander Boyd laughed. There was a groaning noise as the structure shook under the weight of the storm. "Although I'm not all that sure we really are," he joked.

The small transport circled around the planet until they were overhead the Republic installation. A great swirl of white and grey surrounded the base.
"Looks nasty," Raz commented, looking down at the storm.
"Care for a closer look?" Rizzit laughed and hit the controls hard, dropping the ship towards the atmosphere, before levelling off for a slow descent. Raziel released his grip on his chair and shot Rizzit an angry glance. Since the prison Rizzit had been probing to see what other fears Raziel might have.

The ship bounced up and down through the turbulence. Visibility was zero so Rizzit relied on the Nav computer to get them down safe. Raziel was almost bounced out of his chair as the transport touched down.
"Nice landing," he commented.
"Nope it was terrible, but the snow is nice and soft," Rizzit smiled. "Ok guys we're here, play times over." Merrick and Virius entered the bridge. "We have around thirty minutes before the storm subsides, lets get moving."

The landing ramp slowly descended and the blizzard swirled inside the ship, depositing mounds of snow. The two squads of Snow troopers slowly descended down the ramp, their armour the only protection from the harsh, storm environment. Virius waved goodbye to Jester, as the ramp lifted up behind them. Iron horse moved away as a tight group, sticking within visible range of each other. Raziel turned back, and realised he couldn't see the shuttle, or even Jester any more.

Kami checked the instrument on the inner forearm of her suit, whilst trying not to be blown over. She pointed in the direction of the Ion turret and Virius waved them forwards into the storm.

And with that, the story is open!

-----------------------
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1128
  Raiders
December 13, 2004 2:33:54 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Phoenix sighed. "Snowtrooper armor?? You can barely move in that stuff."

"Well its either that or your lungs freeze in the storm, so take your pick." Otto replied.

Rising from his seat in the Dominion's briefing room, Phoenix lead his two commanders out of the room. Passing the other NCOs as he went, he silently sent a message to Kami. Be careful out there.

The young Acolyte winked at him as he passed by, giving her affirmative.

The trio of Dark Jedi passed out of the room silently. "Otto, go assemble the squad. Cy, lets go get the squads equipment. Meet at the Sentinal shuttle in 20 minutes.

*                                        *                                        *

As much as Phoenix hated the bulky snowtrrooper armor, the fact that it left no place for him to put clip his saber just infuriated him. He stormed up and down the length of the shuttle, cursing in every language Jikkyo had learned. "How the hell do they expect me to do my job when I cant even carry my weapon!?!?"

Tentatively, Snipes approaced his Squad Leader. "FA...err I mean Phoenix, try some of this." The sergeant produced a large roll of gray tape from his bag and tore a strip off.

"Put your saber where you want it to hang." Snipes said. Phoenix hled his saber wher eit normally hung while the Raider placed the strip of tape over the hilt. HE tore off a couple more stips and repeated the process, until the saber was secured tightly.

"Good work Sergeant." Phoenix said, and some of hte tension and nervousness in Snipes eyes faded. The sergeant breathed a sigh of relief and went back to assembling his gear.

-----------------------
-
VEA Recruiting Staff
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  803
December 13, 2004 8:26:59 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon finised typing some notes into his datapad as the two Dragoon commanders left the briefing and made their way to the squad area.

"No point in giving the briefing quite yet, it could take the two squads a little while to disable those guns."  Afyon said as they made their way towards the Dragoons' area on the Dominion.  "That being said, we should go over some cold weather proceedures and the specs of the sleds.  Only three of us have used them."  Afyon continued as they reached the door.  Rema entered the code and the two entered the squad area.  There they saw the squad lounging around, playing cards and drinking.  Zafo looked up from the couch where he was sacking out and jumped with a start.  Zafo popped up to his feet, staggering slightly as he woke up from his sleep.

"Don't bother, as you were."  Afyon said to Zafo.  The rest of the squad looked up and were slightly startled to see the two leaders there.  "Glad you guys got some relaxation time, you're going to need it.  Iron Horse and Jester have been dispatched on a mission, we will following with Raiders and Wraiths in a few hours.  For now, gather up your cold weather gear and meet us here in two hours for a briefing."  Afyon ordered.  "And no more booze until end of mission, water and health food until we leave."  Afyon mentionned as a follow up.

Afyon left the room and headed towards the referesher.  After he finished the shower he would gather up the cold weather gear he thought he would never have to use again after the mission to Alzoc III a year ago.  Ah well, I prefer the snowy cold weather anyhow.  Afyon thought as he entered the refresher.

***On the Planet***

"Alright lets move out!"  Merrick ordered to her squad.  The team formed up with her and began to make their way through the vicious snow storm.

"Dammit its cold out here!"  Hashi complained over the commlink.

"Can it you wuss and stay off the air!"  Merrick barked back.  "Don't use the radio unless you get seperated from the rest.  In these conditions they probably won't be able to intercept but its standard safety procaution just incase the damn rebs managed to acquire enough intelligence to buy proper communications gear."  She continued.

The squad continued slowly towards the ion cannon, the snow storm filled in their tracks as they marched.  If the rebs had anyone out there, they wouldn't know that someone was marching towards their most important defensive facility.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Acolyte (AC)

Post Number:  368
  IRON HORSE
December 14, 2004 2:23:24 AM    View the profile of kaMi 
Iron Horse trudged through the thick of the storm, the wind gaining momentum by the second. Despite the suit which protected her completely from the cold, Kami still felt involuntary shivers run up her back.
The wind howled again, pelting her sideward's and into the bulky form of Varron, who had somehow managed to wedge himself into Snowtrooper armor. Pushing against the trandoshan's solid bulk, Kami regained her footing and checked her map reader for the thousandth time since IH had landed. Ignoring the aching of her legs as the wind pushed against her again, She dropped her helmeted head slightly and continued to lead the horsey's forward.

She sensed Raz and Virius to the left of and slightly behind her. Raz was his usual unreadable self, while Virius's attention was stretched outwards, attempting to read life signatures. Grasping tentivly onto the force, Kami allowed the still alienating power to flow through her, focusing her vision and senses. Small flecks of life flickered across her perception, small creatures buried beneath the ground at her feet, plants struggling for a hold in the solid ice beneath her feet.

And ahead...a flash of warning sounded in the back of her mind.
Ahead there was trouble.

Her feet trailed to a halt, her eyes turning from her map to the gray fog in front of her. She felt a wave of curiosity from Virius, then became aware that her other squadmates were questioning her through the comm.
"What's the problem Sarge?" Telfaris asked, his voice clipped in his unusual accented Bothan tones, "See something?"

"She sensed something," Raziel's cool voice flowed over the link, "As I did."
Varron's irritated growl sent a burst of static, "We can't just stand here."

Virius walked forward to stand at Kami's shoulder, his shielded eyes on his map reader, "There's an outpost around here, but I'm not sensing any life forms." He raised a helmeted head, staring in the same direction as Kami, "But something's not right."

Turning to his squad, Virius nodded in front of him, "Keep moving. But stay alert."

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
Varron
ComNet n00b

Varron

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  18
Total Posts:  75
  Ironhorse
December 14, 2004 3:26:43 AM    View the profile of Varron 
The storm blew wildly and Varron clenched his fists with the unfamiliar weather, being cold blooded certainly did not help, everyone stopped moving suddenly and Varron crouched ready for an attack that did not come. After a loud burst of static Raziels voice came through "She sensed something, as did I", Varron swore at the snow trooper helmet blocking his acute sense of smell, He growled into the com" We can't just stand here."

Slowly but steadily the squad continued forward, everyone straining therir eyes trying to see what the jedi had sensed, Virius motioned with his hand and everyone crouched and moved up to him "Ok we should be relatively close to the outpost now, we know something's out there let's go find out what it is."

As one the squad stood up and advanced towards the outpost and Varron had to admire the calm a silent way the handled walking into an enemy base which may cost them there lives, they were soldiers and from the look of it damn good ones, He felt pride well up at being part of this unit and made a vow to himself that he would do all he could to keep the worst from happening.

They reached the perimeter of the outpost without incident and they still were not picking up any life forms, Varron wondered to himself just how accurate the force was anyway and whether it sometimes gave off false warnings, he wondered this for about 2 seconds before Telfaris let a cry and threw himself behind the nearest cover a stream of red lasers cutting the air where he stood, all at once all hell broke loose and the horses found themselves lying in the snow behind what little cover they could find, "What is it?!" Kami managed to yell as the wall she was sheltering behind was raked with fire, Trike picked himself up slowly and took a peek, immediately answered by a stream of heavy laser fire "A remote turret! he yelled back and nearly everyone in the squad swore to themselves. Varron bared his teeth menacingly in his helmet "Any suggestions?"

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
.: Bringing peace through violence:.
TRP/PFC Varron/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Varron (edited December 14, 2004 3:28:51 AM)]
Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  954
  IRON HORSE
December 14, 2004 9:23:33 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
The turret was well out of visible range, completely obscured by the blizzard. Kami looked out from over her snow drift, to see nothing. A moment later a hail of red blaster fire streamed towards her.

"Could you pick it off Raziel?" She asked into her comm unit.

Raziel shook his head. "I'm not great with physical things, and this storm interferes with my senses, there's too much moving about. I couldn't take a good shot anyways,"

"Grenade?" Someone asked

"In this storm?" Virius replied. The wind would simply throw the grenade far away.

"I've got one, these things are stupid. They just shoot at the nearest target. Virius, if you go five metres to my left, Kami: five to my right. Wait untill you see it fire and then try and home in on where it is,"

"Got nothing better," kami replied.

The Squad leaders slid along their bellies away from Raziel. They each set up behind walls of snow, waiting for Raziel. He turned to look at each of them, but even five metres made it hard to pick them out.

Raziel leapt out from cover, directly towards where he thought the turret was. Red blaster fire sprayed towards him and on instinct he threw himself to the ground. Kami and Virius returned fire, each taking note of the direction of each others fire, and that of the turret.

"Keep it firing Raz!" Virius' voice crackled through Raziel's comm unit. Easier said than done he thought.

Once more he jumped up from cover, making himself a target. Sense a warning though the Force he leapt to his right, narrowly avoiding another stream of fire. He kept this up as Kami and Virius homed in on the turrets location with their own blaster fire. Suddenly the return fire stopped.

"Move up," Virius ordered. Raziel turned to see the rest of the squad move up to his forward position. Tentatively he got himself up from the ground. They edged forwards some twenty metres before they found the wrecked remote. A "V" of holes were melted into the snow around the turret showing how Kami and Virius had followed back along its own trail of fire to take it down.

"Hah! my kill!" kami said, noticing that the damage was on the right side of the turret.

"Next time, you dance for it," Raziel grunted into his comm unit.

"Ok we move on, eyes open people. Lets hope we don't meet any more of them. Keep within visual range at all times," Virius said, urging his squad onwards into the blizzard.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

Ramon Stonefish

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  405
Total Posts:  619
  Wraith
December 14, 2004 10:35:48 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
Stonefish looked at the snowtrooper suit hung in his locker with distaste. A whole string of "if only..." thoughts buzzed through his consciousness and he sighed.

Ah hell, it's been a while since I saw a stand-up fight like this, he shrugged inwardly, ought to better than all that sneaking around.

The ageing Imperial picked up the inner body-glove and began to struggle his way into the tight black garment when an alert went out across the internal comm system.

"Wildcard platoon, ready stations in thirty."

Damn, I hope I can get into this damned thing in time, Stonefish thought.

Eventually, the Wraith trooper pulled the skin-tight suit on, and began to piece on the thickly padded white armour segments, connecting the heat exchange hoses and controls as he went.

I forget how much the damn pack weighs on these suits, he thought irritably as he pulled the combined heater/power pack on to his back.

The only thing remaining now was the masked helmet, which sat on the bench in front of the grey-haired soldier. Stonefish took this moment to survey his weapons and select appropriately for the mission.

He quickly grabbed concussion and flash grenades and hung them on his belt, along with a small explosive charge, and then pulled the E-11/F and A280 rifles from their racks, wondering which to take down to the planet. After a few moments, he put both back, and pulled an E-11/C off the shelf. In the confines  of a bunker, the smaller weapon would be better. To round out his gear, the Wraith man stuck a DL-54 auto-pistol in a hip holster, and spare packs for both in belt pouches.

Properly attired, Stonefish paused and took a deep breath - the last free breath he would take for a while - and placed the helmet on his head. Finally, he connected the last hoses to the helmet that would keep him alive down on the icy planet surface and made his way to the launch bays.
  -----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
[This message has been edited by Ramon Stonefish (edited December 14, 2004 10:39:39 AM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  805
December 14, 2004 5:56:13 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon emerged from his room an hour later after catching a quick nap and gathering his thoughts about the mission.  When he entered the squad area, he saw that some of the squad had dispersed and headed to their rooms to back up a bit.  Afyon went around to each member and ordered them to have their bags packed and out in the lounge area in about an hour.  He was going to give them a brief overview of the sleds they would use and a few pointers the squad had learned from the last snow mission last year at Alzoc III.  Afterwards they would suit up, the supply officer sent up the cold weather gear Afyon had requisitionned before they had left for the Dominion

Afyon returned to his room and informed Rema of the meeting.  He then pulled out his stormtrooper pack and removed what was left from the last mission in order to pack for this one.  He packed in enough rations for three days, the standard precaution he ordered for all his troopers.  There was always the chance that things could go horribly wrong and people did tend to fight better when they weren't starving.  He set out two canteens to fill with water later.  Afyon then openned a small metal cargo container and pulled out what weapons he wanted for this mission.  He decided to stick with the A-280 rifle and his automatic pistol, although this time he screwed a silencer onto the pistol.  This mission was less likely to be a loud shoot out, or at least ideally it wouldn't be.

Afyon brought his pack out into the main area and openned two ammunition cases that had also been brought up with his order.  After examining the size of the shipment, he ordered two more cases of A-280 ammunition and another crate of concussion grenades.  Afyon loaded the ammunition and several grenades into his pack and slipped a pair of cartridges into his gun belt along side a spare pistol cartridge.  He also took three flashbangs before heading back to his room.  He finished loading his standard gear including binoculars, military datapad, commlink, etc before lying back down for a few more minutes of rest.

***On the Planet***

Jester slowly made their way over a patch of treacherous terrain.  They had been marching at a relatively slow pace for the past fifteen minutes, the terrain was rough and slippery and the snow storm wasn't helping the situation.  Merrick halted the squad and tried to scan the area ahead with her binoculars.  Up ahead there was what appeared to be a black or grey spot amongst the mass of white.  A strong gust of wind brought up a cloud of snow, blanketing the area and knocking the binoculars out of her hand.  "Dammit!"  She shouted as she reached down to grab the binoculars which she quickly replaced to their position.  "Alright, there seems to be a structure up ahead, most likely one of the abandoned outposts.  We'll move to the right a bit to avoid approach it straight on, that should put us between two of the outposts and on the correct path to our primary objective."  Merrick ordered over the commlink.  The rest of the squad responded quickly in a series of transmissions that were filled with static.

The squad moved to the right and made their way over a particularly icey patch of terrain.  Their stormtrooper armour wasn't equipped with spiked footware making icy terrain difficult to move quickly on.  At one point Firefrog tripped over a mound of accumulating snow on the ice and slid down a small slope to a snowier area below.

Five minutes later, Merrick pulled out her datapad and tried to shield it as she examined the map she had been given.  If her estimate was correct, they should be passing between the outposts in about two minutes and the ion cannon would then be straight ahead shortly there after.  They would be able to reach it just before the storm was projected to end at this rate.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
kaMi
ComNet Member

kaMi

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Acolyte (AC)

Post Number:  369
December 14, 2004 7:19:36 PM    View the profile of kaMi 
Kami struggled forward once again, her eyes on Virius's back, the blizzard hiding the outpost behind them from view. A gust roared past and under her, knocking her down to her knees for the second time in as many minutes. Stifling a curse, she pushed her feet up under her, and rose back to her feet on the slippery surface.

"....right...Kam...?"

She flinched at the crashing of static inside her helmet, turning to glance to her right to where Raziel was now questioning her through the force. Unable to see a meter beyond her face, Kami nudged him gently with her mind.

Iron Horse pushed on, their resolve solid, their bodies aching.
Their formation closed slowly as the storm got worse, until they moved as a small huddled group, a dangerous arrangement, but a necessary one now that their comm links were cutting out.
Virius slowed in front of her and raised a clenched gloved hand. Motioning with two fingers, he pointed directly in front of him, then motioned to his map reader.
They'd found their Ion Cannon.

The squad immediately broke into a light jog, their fatigue forgotten as they approached their target. As the distance between the cannon closed, the storm died down slightly, its ferocity whipping about the solid sheet of gray which sat squarely in its path. Kami took in the huge structure through her shielded helmet, already focusing on the four life forms faintly visible through the force inside.

Turning to her non-Force sensitive squadmates, she flicked up four fingers, then signaled towards the outline of the hatch. Nods and thumbs up answered her, before Iron Horse split up, moving quickly to surround either side of the hatch, their movement easily shadowed by the screaming of the storm...

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited December 14, 2004 10:07:46 PM)]
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  808
December 14, 2004 10:07:01 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Afyon awoke with a start as his comlink which he had accidentally placed on the table about five centimeters from his ear started beeping.  He reached over groggily and grabbed it.  "Afyon" he said sleepily.

"Sergeant, we have a new trooper down here who has orders moving him from Drill to your squad.  Shall I send him up?"  The voice said at the other end.

"Yes please do so."  Afyon replied and turned off the commlink.  He blinked the sleep out of his eyes and looked over at Rema who was cleaning his A-280.  "We have some new blood coming up."  He said before getting up and heading out into the lounge area.  The squad had begun to place their packs out there and there were two piles of extra gear to be dispersed amongst them.

A few minutes later, the new trooper entered the lounge area.  His armour had a brilliant shine to it that made Afyon blink for a minute in order to compensate for his sleep filled eyes.  The trooper took off his helmet and looked around.

"Who is Sergeant First Class Afyon?"  The trooper asked of Afyon and Rema who were standing in the lounge.

"Welcome to the squad Private Frenzee, I'm Sergeant, Afyon."  Afyon said as he walked over.  Frenzee saluted Afyon, he returned it and then extended his hand, stunning the trooper for a minute.  He tentatively shook it after a moment's hesitation.  "Sergeant Rema here is the ASL, I'll introduce you to the rest of the squad in a few minutes.  We are just starting to suit up for a mission, I'll brief you in with them.  For now..."  Afyon pointed over to the crates of equipment that had been brought up from the supply depot, "grab yourself some cold weather gear and get packed up.  We are heading to a snow planet, Kerest to be specific.  If you don't want to freeze to death, put on some of the stuff in there.  Also, grab yourself an A-280 rifle, that E-11 won't be much good in a heavy firefight."  Afyon continued.  "Other than that, just get ready, we should be having a meeting in about,"  Afyon checked his watch, "ten minutes."

"Alright thank you sir."  The trooper responded.

"We tend to drop the sir in here, thats only for really formal occasions which we tend to avoid."  Afyon replied.  "The Dragoons are rather informal so please relax and feel at home."  He explained.

"Thank you Sergeant."  The trooper replied.  Frenzee walked over to the crates Afyon had pointed him to and began to take some of the cold weather gear that was inside.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  955
December 15, 2004 5:50:25 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
Raziel had learned that the best way to keep on his feet was to flit around the massive form of Varron. Ife he could keep the huge reptilian between himself and the wind, then he could keep on his feet. Raziel wasnt the strongest person and his agility was of no use in the snowtrooper suit. As they moved up to the entry hatch he was quick to move upbehind Varron to keep out of the wind. He sensed some mild annoyance coming from the Trando'. Raziel darted out from behind Varron and went straight to the control panel by the side of the door and started to take it apart.

Iron Horse went to either side of the door, Kami and Virius hung back, at the edge of visibility. They knelt down in the snow and kept their rifles trained of the portal. Virius made a signal with one hand and Raziel pulled a pair of wires apart. There was a groan, but nothing happened.

"It's frozen shut!" he said into his comms.
"Any other ideas?" came another voice. Before anyone could stop him Telfaris reached across and knocked on the door.
"Why did you do that?" Raz asked. He shrugged.
"Ok charges! Let them feel the cold!" Virius shouted.

"W-w-w-what was that?" the shivering tech asked.
"Oh by the Force, what is it?" the squad leader replied. The ion cannon controllers had done nothing but bitch since the heating had started to fail.
"That noise!" there was a 'clunk'
"Its just that the storm of cooling down the metal even more, as it changes temperature it shrinks."
"Oh," then there was a tapping at the door, followed by a loud bang.
"Well better to die by blaster than slowly freeze in here. Let's go boys!" the four man squad threw off their blankets and grabbed their weapons.

"Sir?"
"Yes privat," Boyd replied to his assisstant.
"The last signal we recieved from NavSat shows that the transport was in orbit around the planet, they havent tried to signal us since."
"I knew it, it's an Imperial attack!" Buschelle shouted from across the room. Boyd wandered whether - if this was an imperial attack - they would take 'Savior' and get out of here.
"What about the Ion turrets?" there was an underground line leading to the two installations.
"Well the men are pretty much frozen inside they can't go and look,"
"Wait, message from turret two!" A holo image appeared infront of them of a soldier, his rifle slung across his soldier. He was wearing the republic snow suit, no pretection against the storm, but suitable for most temperatures.
"Sir, we believe there are people outside of the turret, we are going to investigate now!" he raised his rifle and the image dissapeared.
"Hmm he was enthusiastic," Boyd murmured.
"Get the speeder bikes powered up! Ready the men! Prepare for attack! When the storm passes we will launch out of the doors and make them wish they'd died of exposure!" Buschelle started making preparations for a defenses against an all out attack. Boyd sat back and wandered if he could transfer.

The hatch was blown out of it's socket and was followed by a hail of blaster fire.
"Oh they're angry about their door," Raziel whispered.
"Pull back a bit, let the cold bite them first," Virius replied. Iron horse pulled away from the door and let the soldiers inside get a taste of the storm. The blizzard launched piles of snow into the hatch, forcing the soldiers inside back.
Virius signalled for a grenade and Mara happily abliged, tossing a thermal det into the hatch.

The Dominion dropped out of hyperspace at the edge of Kerest's system. The long sleek star destroyer paused for a moment before powerering up sub light engines and moving towards Kerest.
"Wilcard, be ready for launch in twenty minutes!" a voice called over the intercom.
"More power to foward shields, keep us pointed right at that installation," the captain ordered.
"Lets hope all went well, or this won't end well," Fury sighed.

(ooc: and good to see you on here btw Varron, keep it up!)

Squads you have permission to launch in 24 hours!

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited December 15, 2004 5:52:40 AM)]
Varron
ComNet n00b

Varron

Post Number:  19
  IRONHORSE!
December 15, 2004 9:21:37 AM    View the profile of Varron 
Varron watched with interest as the grenade Mara had tossed flew through the door, "GRENADE!" someone inside shouted as the muffled explosion shook the installation.
Kami and Virius were already moving and Varron felt slow as the squad sprung into action.
Virius sprayed the hallway inside the entrance with laser fire before crouching and jogging in, covered by the squad. The lights suddenly went out leaving them in near total darkness, "just what we need" Trike muttered to himself, Virius didn't hesitate at all "Ok people Infer-red on",
Varron growled and ripped is helmet off his own vision making up for what the helmet could not provide, many scents reached Varron and he grinned savagely, "there is no more than 5 of them" he sniffed again and pulled off the meaty gloves his mind already calling for blood, Telfaris glanced in his direction and suppressed a shudder, what stood there looked like a demon, the glowing red eyes searching for prey.

The rebel squad leader risked another glance down the corridor imagining the stormtroopers flooding into the canon facility, he swallowed and turned to his tech, "how's he doing?"
When the grenade had exploded, one of his men had been directly behind it suffering deep shrapnel wounds to his chest. The tech looked up; fear etched into his features "it's a deep wound sir he won't last longer then an hour." The rebel leader sighed, grim determination in his eyes, "leave him&if we survive maybe he will to."

Kami again checked the hallway she was still not being shot at and this confused her deeply, reaching out through the force but sensing nothing she could identify, she sighed and looked to Raziel "what do you make of it Raz, is it a trap?" he closed his eyes for a second and a strange feeling swept through the complex, "The rebels are occupied move forward quickly", the squad moved as one taking what cover they could as they advanced up the hallway, the adrenalin already coursing through there veins.

(O.O.C Thnx I'll try to keep it up, keep in mind this is the second story I've ever written =P)

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
[This message has been edited by Varron (edited December 15, 2004 9:25:42 AM)]
Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  957
December 15, 2004 9:40:36 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
Trapped, the squad leader sighed. He threw one look to the remaining soldiers in his squad, his grim face said far more than any words could. There was only one room underneath the ion cannon, a small control room. From that only one short hall lead to the surface and that was now swarming with snowtroopers.

One of his men stuck his head around the door. "Here they come," he grunted. Gripping his blaster rifle tightly. None of the men had much experience and the feeling of dispair was new to all of them. There was simply no way out for them. The snowtroopers had no where to keep them as prisoners and they had no where to fall back.

"Last stand boss?" his trooper asked.

"You there!" he pointed to the tech. "Message the base, tell them the facility is lost. Ok lads, lets make them pay!" the now-three-man squad prepared for death.

The first trooper went to the door, whilst the squad leader and the other took cover. The squad leader didnt really know exactly what happened next, but he realised they had been far too slow to react. The first trooper opened fire down the corridor, before screaming with suprise. The squad leader saw a giant reptilian form land on his squad mate and the two rolled away into the darkness.

He jumped up from behind his table and fired blindly at the door, but he was quickly forced down by a hail of blaster fire as the snowtroopers rushed into the room. He briefly caught a glance of his assistant struck by several shots and falling to the floor. He ducked down behind the table again, only to see the dead face of the tech falling to the floor beside him. He cursed silently, hearing the sounds of  booted feet rushing around the control room and the scream of his last squad mate die out. He gripped his rifle tight and prayed to the gods for mercy.

-----------------------
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  813
December 15, 2004 6:10:18 PM    View the profile of Afyon 
Just as Afyon was about to begin the squad meeting, his commlink beeped.  "Excuse me for a second."  He said to the squad as he picked up his commlink.  "Sergeant Afyon" he said.

"Sergeant, we just recieved word that the squads have reached the ion cannons.  Ready your squad to board the transports for the assault."  The officer instructured.

"Yes sir."  Afyon responded and shut off the commlink.  "Alright everyone, change of plans, the technical briefing on the sleds is cancelled.  You have fifteen minutes to put on your cold weather gear and arrive at the transports in the hanger.  The squads reached their objectives faster than expected, obviously the weather is easing up.  I will brief you on the transport.  Lets hurry!"  Afyon ordered.

Afyon ran back to his room and begin to change into his cold weather gear.  He put on a waterproof, skintight black garment to keep the snow out and put a heavier black garment over it to keep him warm.  He quickly strapped on his armour, tightened his gun belt and set his commlink properly over the black undergarment that went all the way up his neck.

Back in the squad area, he shouldered his pack and A-280 and grabbed his helmet.  The rest of the squad was loading ammunition into their weapons and adjusting their armour before making their way to the hanger.  Within fifteen minutes, they were assembled at the transport and began to load up their gear.  They would wait on board the transport and Afyon would give a brief briefing then before they landed for their assualt on the facility.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
Varron
ComNet n00b

Varron

Post Number:  24
  IRONHORSE
December 16, 2004 12:17:13 AM    View the profile of Varron 
Varron saw the trooper stand a second before the others, his mind already screaming for blood. He took two long steps then launched himself at the rebel his hunting instinct already taking over as they both rolled into the darkness. The rebel stood and gripped his rifle backing up against a wall trying to see something in the darkness, The last thing he ever saw where two red glowing eyes.

"Clear the room" Virius shouted as they all sprinted forward in the trandoshan's wake, Kami skidded into the small command room as a single laser shot past into the throat of a trooper firing down the hallway, she immediately saw the tech signaling for help and shot him twice, the rest of the squad filled the room.

Raziel glanced at the command console "come out rebel" slowly the rebel stood up glancing at the bodies around him, from the chits on his chest it was obvious the was the leader of the rebels in the facility, The rebel glanced at them coolly "I am not afraid to die imperials, I will give no information" Virius studied him closely for a second, then without warning shot him in the face, the others stood silently knowing the could not keep prisoners and it had to be done. "Mara take Trike and go check around outside, make sure there are no more sneaking around, Varron and Telfaris guard the entrance and let us know if you see anyone approaching" Gazing at the huge array of controls made him sigh "any ideas how to shutdown an ion cannon? "

Commander Boyd looked with pride at the men scrambling for battle, they worked as a unit and soon the base would be impenetrable, he had sent a full squad out to each ion cannon hoping that none of them had been taken yet, "Sir!, one of his aides almost ran him down we have reports of a star destroyer orbiting the planet, it's launching landing ships and ties"
Boyd winced at this and walked to the com "all fighters scramble, I want those transports taken out before they reach the ground!"

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
[This message has been edited by Varron (edited December 16, 2004 12:18:02 AM)]
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

Post Number:  1139
December 16, 2004 2:30:50 AM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Phoenix stood at the edge of the hanger bay, staring out at the white planet. The Dominion had jumped as close to the planet as its gravity well allowed. The light of the pale yellow star of the system reflected off the icy surface of the planet, filling the hanger with a surreal glow.

From a distance, it would have appeared that the  Dark Jedi was sleeping standing up, but his lack of motion belied the activity in his mind.

Phoenix stretched out his senses and projected them down towards the planet. While his control was not fine enough to distinguish non-sensitive individuals from this distance, he could make out the presence of his apprentice, Virius.

Once a promising member of Jikkyo's squad, Virius had become Phoenix's apprentice because of Angel's connection to the youth. Make me proud, Virius Phoenix sent down to the young Squad Leader of Iron Horse.

The comlink in Phoenix's helmet buzzed, "Phoenix, this is Fury. Looks like the Republic managed to scare up a few fighters from somewhere. The Dominion is still light on them from the Bestine fiasco. I'll need you to take that X-wing out and engage them."

Sighing, Phoenix replied, "Acknowledged General. Will you be accomanying me in the Kodoma again?"

"You think I'd miss another chance to make up for saving that Rouge's hindparts? I'll just make sure I leave a few for you."

Phoenix half-smiled as the link was ended. keying up his squad's frequency, he raised Cyanus. "Cy, I'm taking out the X-wing. Prep the squad and brief them. I'll meet you planetside."

"Why do you always get the fun jobs?" The ASL responded.

"Because I'm the boss of course...and I'm the only one with a fighter right now. Phoenix out."

Pulling off his snowtrooper helmet, the Dark Jedi approaced the X-Wing he had filched from Sluis Van.

A service tech ran out to meet him. "Sir, we repaired all the major damage. We replaced the proton torpedos with concussion missiles, since that's all we have at this moment. I also secured an R5 unit for you for any navigation and landing." The tech took a deep gulp of air, having forgotten to breath during his report.

Phoenix just nodded and climbed the ladder. Plopping down into the flight couch, Phoenix loosened the restraints to adjust for his armor. The tech removed the ladder as Phoenix closed the hatch. Out of the corner of his eye, Phoenix saw Fury joggin up the boarding ramp of the Kodoma.

Going quickly through the pre-flight check, Phoenix waited until all lights went green, and the dull whine of the quad-ion thrustors reached its peak.

"Kodoma this is Phoenix. Green across the board," Phoenix said, keying the ships comm. "Waiting for your orders."

"Roger that Phoenix. Clear with control, launch immediately and engage the enemy. We have a half squadron of TIE's with us, but they're pretty green, so lets try and keep them alive shall we?" Fury responded.

"Affirmative." Phoenix obtained clearance from the control centers, then kicked in his ion drives and launched out of the belly hanger.

The Kodoma followed close behind him, accompanies by six TIE fighters. Phoenix peeled around and formed up behind Fury, while the fighters broke off into two flights of three.

Phoenix scopes went red as they picked up IFF signatures coming from the planet.

"Ok people, looks like...4 X-Wings and 3 A-wings. TIEs, you engage the X-wings, Phoenix and I will take the A's.

"Affirmtive, Kodoma, Alpha 1 engaging X-wing group designated Blue." The two flights of TIE-fighters merged again and peeled off towards the X-wings. Making sure his shields and lasers were fully charged, Phoenix brought up the first A-wing on his targeting computer.

-----------------------
-
VEA Recruiting Staff
Afyon
ComNet Member

Afyon

Post Number:  818
December 16, 2004 10:24:22 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
The squad finished boarding the transport and Afyon walked back to the cargo area to examine the sleds.  He was glad to see that the supply officer appeared tohave given them the same ones they had last time since the modifications they had made were still there.  The sled had two light forward guns and a rotating rear twin gun.  The other trooper in each sled would be a roaming gunner and would use their weapons to pick off any rebels they could hit.  Afyon made sure that one ammunition crate went in each sled so that the roaming gunner would have ammunition left when it came time to enter the facility.

Afyon went back into the main part of the transport.  "Alright listen up everyone.  Once we land on the planet, we will load up into the sleds.  We have 3 sleds so it will be 3 to a sled.  I'll take the first one with Tk and Frenzee, Rema has sled two with Lonewolf and Sam, Zafo has sled three with Cloud and Giovanni.  The pilot has control of two light forward guns which can be fired from the steering mechanism.  One of the others can sit backwards in the sled and arm the rotating twin cannon.  The middleman will be responsible for firing at anything he can hit with an A-280.  Hopefully we won't be engaging too many rebels in these but one never knows."

"Can these sleds tough it out in a fight for a while or are they relatively weak armour wise?"  Frenzee asked.

"Don't fool yourselfs, these aren't designed for heavy combat.  If we get pinned down, get out of the sled and use them for cover.  The rear gun could prove useful as well.  Hopefully though we can avoid that.  The sleds are relatively quick which helps.  Now then, once we approach the outposts, be careful.  Depending on weather conditions, they may or may not be manned again.  There is the chance that most of the rebs will be trying to engage Jester and Iron Horse and may not man the outposts for a while.  When we get towards them, spread out the sleds a bit and take evasive maneuvers.  Last thing we need is for a sled to be hit by a missile."  Afyon warned.  "Other than that, sit back and enjoy the ride."  The transport jolted slightly as the repulsorlifts engaged.  "Perfect timing.  Alright, we will be on the planet soon.  Keep your gear on the floor and strap in, word is that there are rebel fighters out there so this could be a rough ride."  Afyon ordered.

-----------------------
*DarkDragoons*
Ramon Stonefish
ComNet Member

Ramon Stonefish

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  408
Total Posts:  619
  Wraith
December 16, 2004 12:36:44 AM    View the profile of Ramon Stonefish 
[Okay, let's get going then]

"All right ladies, let's pack 'em in!" yelled Rizzit.

The three squads arrayed before him performed a quick right turn, and double-timed it up the boarding ramp of the Sentinel-class shuttle. Once inside, the troopers spread out to fill seats, stowing loose weapons in overhead compartments and strapping themselves down.

As the engines began to wind up, the Squad Leaders made a quick body count, and checked that all the crash harnesses were secure before heading up front to report their status.

"Confirm all baggage stowed, and all stations secure," said the pilot.

"Roger that, all stations secure," replied Rizzit from his station.

"Dominion, this is landing craft Alpha Kilo two-four-niner requesting launch clearance, over," the pilot signalled.

"Roger that, Alpha Kilo two-four-niner, you are clear to depart. Good hunting," replied the flight officer.

The exhaust vents let out a cloud of steam as the engines fired and thrusted the shuttle foward and down out of the launch bay toward the planet below.

"Hope you got thermal underwear on," joked Cyanus.

"Why you need warming up down there?" asked Rema, "I got something here'll do the job."

Rema patted his rifle, "Cook you up nice 'n' toasty."

"Save it for the bad guys, Rema," warned Rizzit.

The shuttle dropped away from the wedge of the Star Destroyer with the grace of a falling brick, plummeting through the void on a powered ride to the icy tundras below. Above them, orange and green flashes showed the furball of X-Wings and A-Wings. The hull began to glow a light orange as the shuttle skimmed the upper atmosphere, and the troopers strapped in the hold were rattled in their seats.

"Hang on people, looks like we're in for some chop!" called the pilot ominously.

The shuttle jolted violently to port, and seemed to drop more quickly. Inside, several troopers felt their lunch rise to their throats.

"Okay, I think we're through!"

The shuttle shot down through the cold skies, aiming for a precise point. Below, the tundra shot past. Icy outcrops and cliffs blurring.

Inside, Stonefish felt the shuttle jolt suddenly to starboard.

"What the hell was that?" called Afyon.

"Storm front, came out of nowhere! I can't see a frelling thing!" yelled the pilot, "All my scopes are out!"

"Wildc.....####! Th..s.....###..nix. A-Wing......##..ail!" came over the comm system.

Stonefish felt another jolt, this time different from the first. The shuttle was hammered forward and down, and this time did not right itself.

"Hold on! We're going in hard!" yelled the pilot.

---

Rizzit looked over the damage, thoughtfully.

"Could have been worse," he said to Afyon and Cyanus, "What's the situation?"

"Pilot died in the crash," replied Afyon, "The missile hit the port side of the hold and ripped into the passenger compartment. We lost a couple of sleds, and around a third of our other equipment. The worst part...or maybe the best part is that Wraith was on that side of the passenger cabin. Their seats got ripped out. They could be spread across a five mile stretch of storm-swept tundra for all we know."

---

Stonefish opened his eyes to a scene of white. A metallic tang echoed in his mouth, and he spat red out on to the snow beneath him. Looking up, he saw his helmet a few feet away. The rest of the horizon was white, the wind whipping up snow to block the view.

The ageing Imperial pulled himself out of his crash restraint and put his helmet back on. He saw his blaster rifle still strapped to the base of his seat and retrieved it, checking it over.

"Stonefish to any Wildcard, come in," he called over his helmet comm. There was no response.

Great, he thought.

-----------------------
Ramon Stonefish

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/ED d- s:+ a-- C++++ UL P+ L++@ E---- W+@ N+ !o w--- PS PE t+ 5++ X-- R++ tv+ b+++ !DI D++ G e>++ h! r-- z-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > STOP! KEREST THOSE MEN!  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:37:03 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 112  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >