Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  2021
Total Posts:  3940
  RE: Ghosts
January 6, 2005 9:15:01 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
i'm still a sceptic a bit, normaly with things other people say, no offense, but i dont entirely trusting other peoples senses, however i lived in Avery for while, (its a small town in the bitteroot mountian in, guess where, idaho, nestled in a canyon away from civilization it hosted mining and later the Milwakee railroad.) there where lots of dead towns and abandoned gold and silver mines up there, and then there was this cave that was too perfect to have been natural, but too spotless to have been made my men, we never went into it, it scared us shitless to be truthfull.

-----------------------
The Comnet Hermit{Retired}
-Raider Squad
-
TRP/SSG Sniping101/CrazySQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA]

"Born to Lose, Live to Win"- Lemmy
Willtconq
ComNet Member

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman (SCRW)

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  4599
January 6, 2005 9:23:54 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
someone's gonna go and check out that place sooner or later. if whoever went in there and never came back, there are just gonna be more and more scientist wanting to get in there to take a look at what really is in there, which will bring tons of attention to that place.

-----------------------
-(William the Conquerer)-
We are still here because we conquered our enemies, and we will do it again!
FL/SCRW Willtconq/Kaph 2-1/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=A=)
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2023
January 6, 2005 9:29:58 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
ha! you'd have to actualy be to avery to properly understand, the place is small, and in the middle of no where, its in a canyon just wide enough to fit a two lane highway and a river, and one, small dirt road, the cave is tucked back where its hard to find, and i'm not saying nobodys ever been in it, the ground of the entrace in littered with beer bottles and such refuse, but nobodys ever realy explored in much fruther than the entance way, not that way is mostly covered in dirt becuase of rock slides.

-----------------------
-Raider Squad
-

Willtconq
ComNet Member

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman (SCRW)

Post Number:  500
Total Posts:  4599
January 6, 2005 9:53:08 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
well, if someone ever made a report on that place of anything strange, its gonna "go up in flame" like a wild forest. You know what i mean?

-----------------------
-(William the Conquerer)-
We are still here because we conquered our enemies, and we will do it again!
FL/SCRW Willtconq/Kaph 2-1/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=A=)
Raziel
ComNet Member

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  993
Total Posts:  2873
January 7, 2005 3:33:37 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
I remember seeing a program fairly recently that found that a lot of places that "felt" haunted was actually due to really deep noises. Apparantly the sounds that are too deep to hear can make you feel on edge and they can actually make you see things because the vibrations actually move your eyes. It was an interesting program.

Although there've been loads of experiences in houses i've lived in, i've never liked any of the TV series' They always seem to have complete wacko's pretending to be mediums etc and then point out tricks of the light and say they're obviously "orbs" and stuff.

Btw in that picture chip was anyone shining a very bright torch around before you took those pics?

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
PL:A/SGMRaziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1} (WoS1) (VP) {IG} {CDS} {BoA} {PoC}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  1038
Total Posts:  4197
January 7, 2005 7:46:46 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
In 'White Noise' they take a bunch of supposebly real voices like 'I love Your' or 'Get out of my house' or any of those things.  I read about how to do EVP's, because its interesting, but I really am not sure I should even try it.  I am a catholic man, and there are apparently rules keeping us from doing such things.  Or atleast I'm starting to think it fits under that category; because, well, you never really know exactly who you are talking too...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/WO1 Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) [LoM] [LSM]
chipmunk man
ComNet Veteran

chipmunk man

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class (WO2)

Post Number:  1164
Total Posts:  2064
January 7, 2005 9:47:00 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
I'm told that it being a digital camera, there would be no trouble with the inside of the lens fogging. And we took more pictures later, when it was colder, and got nothing. I did get some orbs, but they looked more like dust spots, so I ruled those out already. No, there were no flashlights. The two that we had were attached to my belt, turned off.

And yeah, White Noise looks pretty cool. I'm taking the lady friend out to see it tommarow.

-----------------------
FL/WO2 Chipmunk Man/Kaph 3-1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)[LoC][MC:1][LSM][MC:1]

Explorer Post 1863 photos - - Explorer Post 1863 Main Site - - Co. D 62nd PA Volunteer Infantry

Co. E 30th PA Volunteer Infantry - - James Buchanan's Wheatland

"They make the weather, then they stand in the rain and say "s**t, it's rainin'!" -Ruby Tues in Cold Mountain
MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

MaraJade

Post Number:  134
Total Posts:  220
January 7, 2005 8:04:40 PM    View the profile of MaraJade 
oooh Chip, you will have to post and tell us how it went.  Smart move taking a lady friend to a scary movie.  Hope you have fun!    I will probably go sometime next week.  This weekend is shaping up to be a bear, plus I need rest.  I cant wait to see the movie though ... I love creepy films

-----------------------
ASL/FTC1/SGT MaraJade/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR]
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1041
January 7, 2005 9:46:53 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Well, I would have to say that I like thriller/fantasy movies...  That's a pretty combination as far as disturbing and just over all chilling.  I really thought that 'The Monthman Prophecies' was excellent, and there's a couple of other ones I just can't think of right now, but they're pretty good. 

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

chipmunk man
ComNet Veteran

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1171
January 8, 2005 12:00:24 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
I'm actually more fond of action movies, like Indy Jones, the Negotiator, or Gettysburg. But she likes getting scared, and I have no problems with her hiding against my shoulder.

-----------------------
FL/WO2 Chipmunk Man/Kaph 3-1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)[LoC][MC:1][LSM][MC:1]

Explorer Post 1863 photos - - Explorer Post 1863 Main Site - - Co. D 62nd PA Volunteer Infantry

"They make the weather, then they stand in the rain and say "s**t, it's rainin'!" -Ruby Tues in Cold Mountain
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1053
January 8, 2005 7:20:12 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
I'm going to see it tonight, but in order to raise the funds my brother Joe and I have to go on a recycling rampage...  I'll let you guys know how it was.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2024
January 9, 2005 2:17:48 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
i bucked hay all day yesterday, now i hurt, and i dont even have anyone to take to  a movie, plus they wouldnt let me into blade trinity

-----------------------
-Raider Squad
-

chipmunk man
ComNet Veteran

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1175
January 9, 2005 7:26:47 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
Bah, white noise sucked. Poor story, awful ending, didn't even have a climax. Wasn't scary, either. Just predictable. You knew exactly when a jumpy part was coming, and could brace for it. The ending was so lame, several people in the theatre called out "Retarded!" at the end.

-----------------------
FL/WO2 Chipmunk Man/Kaph 3-1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)[LoC][MC:1][LSM][MC:1]

MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

MaraJade

Post Number:  141
Total Posts:  220
January 10, 2005 2:19:07 PM    View the profile of MaraJade 
well that sux : /  I had such high expectations for that movie too ... that happened for me with the Blair Witch project... I was all excited to see it then at the end sat there in awe about how cheesy it was.  Many people shouted things at the screen then too.  HUGE disappointment.

-----------------------
ASL/FTC1/SGT MaraJade/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR]
Shazam
ComNet Veteran

Shazam

Post Number:  1068
January 10, 2005 8:35:50 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Yea, White Noise was a huge disappointment to me.  There was obviously a lot of research put into it, however, the writing was not complete, the directing was extremely cheesy, and the music was played every five seconds and had no actual musical sound, just some piano playing a random piano riff with some violins.  The only good part of it was the fact that Micheal Keaton was in it, but the film screwed him over big time. 

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > Ghosts  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:51:22 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 233  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >