Topic:  Final Fantasy
Shazam
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)

Post Number:  650
Total Posts:  4197
  RE: Final Fantasy
March 27, 2004 3:30:10 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
I've never bothered to go out of my way and get them due to the fact that you have to breed Chocobo's and such...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
My Real Bebop: (=A=)
nikorasu
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  168
Total Posts:  138
March 27, 2004 4:35:07 PM    View the profile of nikorasu 
Eden, ha! Have him. But i used Holy Wars during the battle with Ultima. I think that you can also get him from Tiamit in the clocktower at the end. I loved the cook ability with Eden. It did nothing but provide a good laugh, but thats all good.

I have mostly everything in FF7, but not everyone is able to use their level four limits yet. If there was one side quest that i truly loved in all of the FFs, it was chocobo breeding. i loved racing, catching, the whole nine yards of it, so very fun. KOTR is awesome with mimic, great combo it is.

-----------------------
"I smell death on you." - Stewie Griffon
"A jamais etre a la nuit, les ombres frapperont avec l'assassin sombre." - Me
"Im hungy, when's dindin"? - Me
"Dum spiro spero" - Who cares?

Shazam
ComNet Member

March 28, 2004 5:46:49 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
I never bothered to go all the way with aeris...  The most I got on her was level two and that one wasn't very good...  The first two you can get with her are very conviniet though.  Then you don't get that next level though for like the rest of her lifespan...  Which is one one PS disc...  Awekard...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Afyon
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  718
Total Posts:  981
March 29, 2004 10:29:14 AM    View the profile of Afyon 
how do you give chracters their level 4 limits

I got the items but i cant seem to give them their limits

Cloud has all his previous limits

-----------------------
ASL/GSG_Afyon/Dark Dragoon Squad/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[LoC][IH][CoH][SoA]
Shazam
ComNet Member

March 29, 2004 1:50:21 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
    Hrm...  With me it's always just getting thier level's up.  I think there's some kind of deciding factor on what it takes to get a limit.  Dunno though...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
nikorasu
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  168
Total Posts:  138
March 29, 2004 5:05:32 PM    View the profile of nikorasu 
I'm pretty sure that it is with levels, but after a while you really have to not care about getting them to level 100... When push comes to shove, you're set for killing monsters at level 40 and some effort.

-----------------------
"I smell death on you." - Stewie Griffon
"A jamais etre a la nuit, les ombres frapperont avec l'assassin sombre." - Me
"Im hungy, when's dindin"? - Me
"Dum spiro spero" - Who cares?

Shazam
ComNet Member

March 30, 2004 9:42:00 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
    Indeed...  I'll be replaying all my Final Fantasy games this summer anyways...  I spose I'll pay more attention this time 'round.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Shazam
ComNet Member

April 13, 2004 6:39:44 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Aiight!  This topic has become, slightly inactive.  And beleive it or not, I have actually been asked if some of these games are worth getting.  I do care to comment!

The answer is yes, for those of you who are too lazy to read this thread.

Actually, I would highly recommend several of the FF's.  Those that I have played, starting with the third up to the latest, that's ALL of the games, besides Kindom Of Hearts, which I really can't get in to, but they have certainly managed to keep me interested.

For those who wish to comment, please do!

My personal favorite, and maybe always will be is of course Final Fantasy 7!

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Shazam
ComNet Member

April 21, 2004 3:44:40 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
    Latest news on 7: Advent Children!

The news is this~

Now from the articles I've been reading, the course of Advent Children is leaning a little bit.  And I must say, I'm confused as to what they mean in these articles.  "Polymorphic Content," is the term Square Enix has been using quite a bit in the article, in essence, they say, it means multi platform or to cross materials to create something.  They're also explaining the movie as 'Interactive' which leaves me thinking that Advent Children is going to be more than we think...
    Also, the date it is coming out is some time in early 2005 I beleive, and not this summer as originally assumed.  And the movie is going to be 60 minutes.  Now like I said, how can it be a movie and be interactive at the same time, Square Enix is attempting to use AC as a kind of test/first chance.  They beleive they can create something huge, or atleast that's how it sounds.  You can read the full article here...

http://gamespot.com/news/2004/04/09/news_6093314.html

Care to comment, or for that matter explain it better to me because that article could mean many things.  A little bit below the bottom half mark, they actually start talking about Advent Children.  But feel free to read the full thing to get a better understanding.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Shazam
ComNet Member

May 24, 2004 5:29:31 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
M'kay, new update time!

Alright, so far, they're about 20-30% done with the movie and believe it will last between 70 and 80 minutes.  In the new E3 trailer, you get to see Tifa as well as Vincent and Marlene.  You can download the trailer from the official site, which is...  http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

It's in Japanese, but its still very easy to find the trailer section, from there, just click on the big image of the guy shooting into the sky.  Its pretty neat so far. 

The movie looks promising for now.

Also, thought I'd bring something up.  I'm only playing through X-2 this second time, but when you decide to do all the Episode Completes in the last chapter, if you were looking for a story line...  There you go.  For anybody who essentially went out and bought the game for the story and to see how Tidus had turned out, your going to have to be very thorough during the game. 

Oh, and I finally got a hold of Final Fantasy Tactics, and it's pretty good. 

-FMJR

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Shazam
ComNet Member

August 25, 2004 1:45:50 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Alrighty...  Time for a new update...  Been a while, like three or four months I beleive...  Anywho...

For those of you interested in FF7: AC, I can tell you that all the playable characters of the game, accept Cait Sith (thank god) have been confirmed in the movie, Yuffie being the most recent to show up.  I must say, they are looking pretty damn good for Final Fantasy, and it should turn out good.  They'll be veiwing a segmant of AC at a film festival this September...  Probably the beggining, not that much more...  The film still isn't finished and probably won't be until mid 2005... 

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
September 4, 2004 3:39:45 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
1. Why would Aeris be in a movie set AFTER the events of FFVII?
2. Vicent and Cid are AWESOME.
3. Final Fantasy VIII is one of the worst RPGs ever created.
4. Final Fantasy Tactics is the BEST RPG ever made. Hands down. Dragoon had it nailed.
5. Final Fantasy VI is the best one of the regular series. Its story and characters can't be touched by any of the others, although IV and VII are also very good.
6. If you know what's good for you, stay away from Final Fantasy I and Mystic Quest. They're both pointless.
7. If you never got Knights of the Round in FFVII, go do it. And if you didn't beat Emerald Weapon and Ruby Weapon, go do it.
Shazam
ComNet Member

September 5, 2004 8:57:52 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Why???  Why not man!?  And FF7 was the best one, 6 didn't even compare in my opinion...  AHa...  Your right, 8 was the worst, I already got the golden chocobo, KOTR, and beat the game and all that fun stuff.  Don't understand about the two Weapons yet, but I'll get there.  Clouds on level 97 right now, so he'll be right up there. 

As for Aeris, I'm not saying that she will be a playing role, as in she won't be a main interacting character.  But she'll be slightly more than just a dream.  They just got done showing a small portion of FF7:AC, mostly clips and such.  Right now, I'll give a quick discription of the events and such. 

Yes, this is kind of a spoiler, cause you will here of scense, except now they will slightly connect a bit more...  This comes from AdventChildren.net, where you can find all kinds of info including pictures and screens from the trailers as well as the trailers themselves.  They also have a theory page incase you'd be interested in seeing that...

Venice Preview:

The footage shown was broken up into roughly two chunks, the first part was a piece of the film's initial opening along with segments focusing on the game's story, while the second was a series of action sequences that will surely please fans. The introductory montage of footage depicts events from FFVII, and fills you in on the epic tale that unfolded. The narrator is a young girl named Marlene, who you discover is one of several orphans living with Cloud and Tifa. She is at the bedside of Denzel, a young boy who appears to be terribly ill with geostigma. A ringing phone sends Tifa to answer it and then she calls Cloud with a message. A client named Reno has offered him some urgent work in the city of Healen. When we first see Cloud, the blonde warrior is seen to be kicking it in an arid canyon area that becomes decidedly more dusty as he tears off on his motorcycle, kicking up a dramatic cloud of dust as he does. His journey for his new job opportunity is complicated as two members of Kadaj's gang, Yazoo and Loz, show up and try to stop him. The segment contains one of the running questions in the footage--the trio call him "brother" several times. That will certainly fire up plenty of speculation. Cloud finally arrives at the designated meeting place and comes into contact with Reno, a hooded, wheelchair-bound stranger. It seems Reno's research into Sephiroth was incomplete and that he wants to try to rebuild the world. However, in order to do so he needs someone with Cloud's training.

As Cloud is meeting with Reno, the scene shifts to Tifa as she follows Marlene into Aeris' church. The young girl finds a bandage, similar to one seen on Denzel, implying that Cloud has geostigma, that she shows to Tifa. Marlene merely has a moment to ask about Cloud's wellbeing when one of Kadaj's boys shows up and fights with Tifa. She unloads a flurry of attacks on him. While Tifa's battle against Kadaj's boy (one which we've seen clips of before) is rolling, the scene shifts again to focus on Reno talking with a new figure, which he fills in on his plan and how they have the opportunity to remake the world. The footage of that pair of characters is intercut with Tifa's valiant but doomed fight against her foe. She cries out to a boy who walks in on the battle as the scene shifts to the boy being confronted by one of the gang members before fading out.

The next sequence sees Cloud arriving and finding her battered body and rushing her home. When she regains consciousness Tifa asks him why he didn't tell her about the geostigma, wondering if he wanted to die. Cloud's melancholic response doesn't bode well for his motivation and clearly frustrates Tifa. As he continues his talk with Tifa the footage began switching to quicker paced cuts of action and taking on a much more surreal quality due to its quick shifts of focus. Some of Reno's men appear in the room with him and Tifa, resulting in his becoming determined to save the children.

As Cloud races off on his bike to save the kids, a familiar voice is heard, beginning a surreal and surprisingly touching sequence featuring Aeris. While the scene is broken up over the course of several shots, it begins slowly and builds to a climax as the pair have a dialogue. The shot initially begins as a plain white tightly shot angle that focuses mainly on Cloud and teasing with a fleeting look at Aeris' shape as she stands with her back to him. As the pair discuss forgiveness and Cloud's sadness and search for forgiveness Aeris gently reminds him that she never blamed him for what happened. In the end, all that mattered was that he tried to come for her.

The above sequence is intercut with shots of Cloud racing on his bike to find the orphans and Kadaj talking to the children, including Denzel, about the disease many of them share. The white-coiffed fighter reminds them that their mother all gave them the power to fight a planet that was now killing them. He offers to heal them, summoning up a corona of energy around one of his hands. Another segment intercut in the dream sequence is Cloud taking on the other members of Kadaj's gang on his bike with a gunblade. As his conversation with Aeris ends, Cloud is caught off-guard by the sight of the orphans standing in the road. He tries to stop his bike and winds up falling from it and landing near Denzel whose eyes glow with power. As Kadaj nears Cloud, the old comrade Vincent, in a flurry of red cloth, saves Cloud from trouble. The pair speak a bit, the presence of Marlene causes Cloud to ask Vincent to safeguard her and take her home, which leads Vincent to turn him down. They talk of redemption and forgiveness as Cloud asks him if it's possible to achieve it leads Vincent to discover it on his own.

The next batch of scenes sees a mix of footage of Tifa speaking to Cloud, urging him to be strong, as we see him a series of action sequences where Cloud is performing all manner of daring feats such as fighting on his bike, using his gun blade, and leaping through the air to slice a motorcycle in half. Tifa's pep talk calls Cloud out, reminding him of the strength he possessed two years ago and that he should remember he was a fighter.

The next scene focuses on Reno and Kadaj overlooking the city and talking about the future. Kadaj then charges up and fires a burst of energy into the sky, summoning a massive creature that rains down to earth, forming into something resembling Bahamut as it drops. As that trouble brews, we see Tifa running through the town square to Denzel trying to get him out as chaos reigns in the open square. The boy just looks at her, possessed, as his eyes flare with power.

The already fast-paced footage then kicked into overdrive as it reached its impressive teaser-like conclusion. The scene is set in a square overrun by monsters of an indeterminate origin as Kadaj's summon causes all manner of problems. Young, possessed Denzel is saved by a team that includes Barret, Red XIII, Yuffie, and Vincent. Tifa remarks to Denzel that they are friends who have come to help. The shot of the returning characters doing their thing against a massive mech is painfully short and certainly left us wanting more.

The final sequence shown in the trailer is nothing short of insane, portraying Cloud as a dual- sword-wielding bad ass extraordinaire. The sequence finds him in the air as a mountain's worth of debris is headed toward him. The young hero falls backward for just a few moments and sticks his swords into a building to slow his fall then uses them to launch himself up into the heart of the debris field. The slickly edited shot has an outstanding sense of motion as Cloud cuts through all the debris like butter. The twist to the end of the footage is a shot of Sephiroth at the heart of the debris as his theme song, One Winged Angel, plays.

End of Review

This has been your latest update...

-FMJR

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  673
September 30, 2004 6:10:23 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
BIG UPDATE!

Hokay...  New game.

Yes, they've been working on 12 for some time now and that'll be out soon enough, but even better news...  New FF7 game, and for those of you who thought you didn't get to see enough of our buddy Vincent, nows your chance to get into him bigtime.  Dirge of Cerberus has been talked about for the last couple weeks on AdventChildren.net, and basically, its one year after the original game.  What it's about, I'm not really sure, but Vincent is the main character, and I suppose that can speak for itself...  The game will be for the PS2 of course.  PC?  I have no friggen clue...  I think this game will be strickly story line, but they've been inventing all kinds of news stuff here lately...  Before Crisis for the CellPhone for one...  Anyways, moving on.

Other news, there's a new four minute trailer out for Advent Children, only problem is that it's tape recorded, some guy pulled out his cam corder and recorded it on a screen at either the Toyko (not sure it has happened yet) or the Venice film festival that they showed bits of AC at...  Also, they will be showing footage, as well as 'The Making of Advent Children' screenings at the Montreal Film Festival.  Tokyo film festival they have quite the booth...  If your in any of those areas, I'd suggest goin on in to see 'em.  Although everything would be in Japanese I presume.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

Post Number:  104
Total Posts:  635
October 8, 2004 6:38:37 PM    View the profile of Squall 
  Heh, i've heard about that game.  The first images i saw of it were kinda cheesy, but then again, they could just look wierd on the computer.  I think that Vincent was a really cool character to put in 7, and in the trailers for Advent Children, he just looks like the 'shit'.  Holding that little girl.  I really hope that they do good with this game, because it will prolly  be one to remember for all you FF fans out there.  They shouldn't rush it though, and make it not as good as they can. Sqare Enix is an awesome company, dont get me wrong, but if they rush into this, they will be sorry, and regret everything they ever did with it.

I was recently looking at all of the old images from FFVII, and he had those 4 forms.  The first one, blew my mind, because i never got to transform with any other character.  Once i figured out that he had more forms, i dominated the game.  I only got to the second form, because i really didn't have the time to go on any more.  He basically has the Berserk monster, some other 2 medium good people, and one that just rocked my world.  It was kinda like Bahumut, but different.  It's a dragon, and has a really good attack.

Vince also had himself quite an arsenal of weapons.  The SG Sniper rifle, the Duel Pistols, which in my opinion, were his best weapons.  His ultimate weapon, which is anohther form of a shotgun, was really good for killing things quick.  It had the 'all' thingy on it, so that it could attack all of the monsters at the same time.  I really had fun with Vincent.

In order to get his best weapon, you have to go to Lucrecia's cave, which i never bothered to do.  I guess that someone else is going to have to go there and check that place out.  I've read some reviews that say the place is hard to get to, i don't know.

Well, this is all i have for now.  FF rules!

-----------------------
Private First Class Squall
Trooper (TRP) - Raider Squad
-

TRP/PFCSquall/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EW1]

Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

Darkhawk

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2193
Total Posts:  2685
October 8, 2004 7:07:53 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
Oh my God, you are all insane and I am going to have to kill every last one of you who has talked about Final Fantasy VIII as if it were anything more than a rotting piece of shit.
No, seriously.
And, yes, Laguna is Squall's father. And there are definitely more than 12 GFs in that horrible excuse for an RPG.

You want a real game, play FFVI, Grandia I or II, Breath of Fire III or IV, Suikoden I, II, or III, Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean 2, Disgaea, FFT, Xenogears... REAL games. Not that worthless pile of dung that's supposed to pass for a Final Fantasy.

I mean, REALLY! That game is WORHTLESS! If not for the almost-decent Disc One, I would shoot myself just for having played it.

-----------------------
COM Darkhawk/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[LoC][BRC][CBV*][MC:1][VC:Ebony][KC:OC]

DLotS/SW Darkhawk/Sith/VEDJ/VE/[CR]
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  752
October 9, 2004 5:42:23 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
THANKYOU!  YES.  You see, I didn't know anything about it really up intel the point of that little parade thing, because then my disk started skipping because the graphics were to high quality for the PS to even handle.  That game was entirelly pointless.  I was going to play it later on and try and beat it like there was a cool ending, which I've heard the end scene is actually pretty cool, kind of like the begining, but I just don't think that would be possible.  Seed was horrible...  Who didn't cheat on those test?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anywho, same feeling here 'Squall'...  I believe that if they rush into this without processing what type of expectations we're having, the game could easilly become a huge failure, and everyone will think of it as like a demo game...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Squall
ComNet Initiate

Squall

Post Number:  109
Total Posts:  635
October 9, 2004 2:09:38 PM    View the profile of Squall 
I DID.  I got in my huge cheat book, which i bought from the capital of our state, and it is awesome.  Has all of the Seed answers in it, so i got like, all the money you could when you walked around, it kinda popped up in the right hand corner of the screen Sdlvl:1000, you just recieved=192305820934581390485143252315. dollars.  I went out and spent all of it every time i got it.  But, yes, that game is looked over as being good, but after playing VII, VIII was nothing to me!

-----------------------
Private First Class Squall
Trooper (TRP) - Raider Squad
-

TRP/PFCSquall/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [EW1]

Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  762
October 9, 2004 2:25:23 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Thata boy...  But the game was basically pointless afterwords...  You couldn't really get lots of supplies either, the money was worthless in that way...  Or I just didn't know how to spend it...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  1038
Total Posts:  3342
October 13, 2004 7:24:15 PM    View the profile of Phoenix 
Okay, as you're all FFVII fanatics :P you HAVE to watch this flash movie. Play the Materia game, through until you get bonus scene #5 "Ultimate FFVII parody"

This is hilarious...

clickie

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight Gunnery Sergeant Phoenix
Cult Member (CM) - Sith Knight - Eagle Sect -
Squad Leader (SL) - Demolitions - Raider Squad
-
CM/DJK Phoenix/Eagle 1-4/Sith/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
AS-2/SL/GSG Phoenix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

"Join the Darkside...get a free cookie" - Talon
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  836
October 15, 2004 6:43:49 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Oh man, dude...  I was laughing so hard...  EVERYONE WATCH THIS...  How'd you find this?  Btw, new advent children trailer, but its video tape...  It's like four minutes long though...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Phoenix
ComNet Veteran

Phoenix

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  1047
Total Posts:  3342
October 15, 2004 11:05:35 AM    View the profile of Phoenix 
the creator, legendary frog, also did some awesome LOTR parodies (check out The One Ring to Rule them All 2), Legend of Zelda (check out Return of Gannondorf) and Matrix (check out The Matrix Has You)

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight Gunnery Sergeant Phoenix
Cult Member (CM) - Sith Knight - Eagle Sect -
Squad Leader (SL) - Demolitions - Raider Squad
-
CM/DJK Phoenix/Eagle 1-4/Sith/VEDJ/VE/Lopen
AS-2/SL/GSG Phoenix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [BoA]

"Join the Darkside...get a free cookie" - Talon
chipmunk man
ComNet Veteran

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1072
Total Posts:  2064
October 15, 2004 11:08:13 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
There's a good parody of a Matrix trailor with the South Park kids. Chef is Morpheus, Stan is Neo, Wendy is Trinity, Cartman, Mr. Garrison, and Jesus are agents...

-----------------------
FL/PO2 Chipmunk Man/Kaph 3-1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)[LoC][MC:1]

Explorer Post 1863 photos - - Explorer Post 1863 Main Site - - Co. D 62nd PA Volunteer Infantry

Co. E 30th PA Volunteer Infantry - - James Buchanan's Wheatland

"And I wouldn't trade ol' Leroy or my Chevrolet
For your Escalade or your freak parade,
I'm the only John Wayne left in this town!" -Big & Rich
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  842
October 15, 2004 9:33:51 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
The thing about the gil and the fire ring what brought about perfectly.  My brother, who hates that game, loved it.  Lol, I respect the ones who made that...  Hopefully the compilations of FF7 will create a surge in the 'Spoof' genre for Final Fantasy.  Or atleast senseless videos would be nice...  I think I'll look that up.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  866
October 29, 2004 9:56:52 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
New of the latest!

Gather round, gather round, and I shall tell you a tale...  Well, not really, but this is whats new in the world of Final Fantasy. 

Theres word thats been circulating that they might have changed the characters in FF12 a little bit to better suit the needs of the fans, because everyone that has expressed an opion about the main character 'Vaan' or maybe that was the girl, oh well, he looked like a girl then, and that's why they think they faces and overall look might have been altered...

To more important and pressing news, the fourth compilation to Final Fantasy 7.  The info is breif because they've annouced practically nothing about it at all... 

Title: CRISIS CORE - FINAL FANTASY VII (provisional name)
Platform: PSP
Genre: Action RPG
Release date: Planned early 2006
Price: Undecided
-- Main Staff
Producer: Yoshinori Kitase
Director: Hajime Tahata
Character Design: Tetsuya Nomura

That's all there is on that, as of yet anyways...  So now we have four compilations to FF7...  FF7: Advent Children, debuting within the next years spring probably and just looks awesome; Before Crisis, game about the Turks but you can only play it on thier little cell phones but hopefully they'll arrange it for the PSP; we have Dirge of Cerberus, which is a game about Vincent and it takes place one year after FF7 and details are still unclear, but its going to be for PS2; and now, we have this game Crisis Core with absolutley no details, but its going to be on PSP, this new PS2 like a gameboy...

Intriguing how far we've come since I posted this like a year ago...  Stay tuned for further knews...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Willtconq
ComNet Novice

The Vast Empire  [NAVY]

Post Number:  77
Total Posts:  4599
October 29, 2004 8:37:10 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
i dont play FF but i've heard about it, i really like it, but i cant buy it, 1 reason is, i donno which 1 to buy.isn't there like 13 of them out there?
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  878
October 30, 2004 12:13:53 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Well, the thing about FF is that its kind of trans-oceanic, whatever the hell that word means...  In other words, since it is made in a different country we recieve it at different times, and things are changed between their and ours...  Like, FF2 is 5 or something...  I dunno, I had this friend, Alex Rutledge, and man, he knew all about that stuff.  So far, the official FF series games, all though they have basically nothing to do with eachother, go up to the game that is in the making which is FF12.  FF7 is for Playstation, but if you have a PS2 it'll work on there too...  I suggest you play FF7 before you play FF10, because otherwise you'll become used to these aweseom graphics, and when you play 7 you'll kind of disreguard it as lower class.  FF10 is on PS2 by the way. 

Also, FF is a RPG (Role Playing Game) based series, so every-thing, or atleast almost everything, is centered around that particular criteria.  And almost all of them have a straight storyline with the exception of 8...  There are also some other 'off games' like 'Final Fantasy Tactics' or 'Tactics Advanced' or those weird super nintendo ones that just completely offshooted the entire series of FF with experimentations like 'FF Adventures' or some bullcrap adventure name like that...  Anyways', that's a quick fill in.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Willtconq
ComNet Initiate

The Vast Empire  [NAVY]

Post Number:  110
Total Posts:  4599
October 30, 2004 10:50:18 AM    View the profile of Willtconq 
i already know somethings about FF, wasn't it from Japan? and i dont have any gaming machine, besidesmy PC. so, the only ones that i can play r the ones that can be played with a PC. the Role Playing part is one of the reasons i wanted that game(s).
chipmunk man
ComNet Veteran

chipmunk man

Post Number:  1184
Total Posts:  2064
November 3, 2004 6:43:21 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
Man, the best game I have played recently is Full Spectrum Warrior for X-box. That game is just plain sweet. There are no words to accurately describe the high magnitude of the sweetness.

-----------------------
FL/PO2 Chipmunk Man/Kaph 3-1/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)[LoC][MC:1]

Explorer Post 1863 photos - - Explorer Post 1863 Main Site - - Co. D 62nd PA Volunteer Infantry

Co. E 30th PA Volunteer Infantry - - James Buchanan's Wheatland

"And I wouldn't trade ol' Leroy or my Chevrolet
For your Escalade or your freak parade,
I'm the only John Wayne left in this town!" -Big & Rich
Shazam
ComNet Member

Shazam

Post Number:  936
November 19, 2004 2:39:24 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
I've been playing some old games recently, and I must say, they are surprisingly addicting, and btw, I got FF9 along with Led Zeppelin: How the West was Won, from my buddy Brandon Burres.  The game is so boring right from the beginning, I just quit playing almost immedietly.  I don't know if I can even go through with playing the thing because of the high level I've put on all the other games...  Dunno, supposebly it's the easiest...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > Final Fantasy  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:48:21 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 106  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >