Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: Death discussion

Pages:  [ << 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ]   
Author
Topic:  Counterpunch: Death discussion
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  821
Total Posts:  1214
  RE: Counterpunch: Death discussion
May 4, 2013 7:52:39 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
People!  We have now equalled the record!  Just one more post!

Also, we have passed the 170,000 word mark!  Better yet, our average words per post, which had dipped below the 1100 word mark, is now back above it!  Amazing stuff!
SCAP/LT Pherik “Serpent” Zail / VSD Brilliant /TF:Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:2][CAR][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][AOx3]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  932
Total Posts:  997
May 4, 2013 7:54:35 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
I am here to humbly inform everyone that history has been made.

On May 4th, 2013 at 6:52PM CST. We have beaten the highest post count the Navy has ever had.

WAY TO GO!
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin
Chief Warrant Officer, Squadron Commanding Officer
Aurek Flight, Strill Squadron

SCO|CWO Joamer|Iron One|Squadron: The 58th  "Strill"|Wing: 101st "Blade"|ISD-II  Adjudicator |TF:A|2FL|SFC|VEN|VE
[CC:P] [CC:W] [SoV] [LoM] [E]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

In memory of Ghost squad, we will never forget.
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  822
May 4, 2013 7:58:23 PM    View the profile of Serpent 

Oh we are good, we are really good!

SHIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNIIIIIIIIEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][CBV][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CC:2][CAR][=*Eng*=][=*BO*=][AOx3]

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  290
Total Posts:  757
May 4, 2013 7:58:27 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
The Force was truly with us today.

It can only go up, people. I know I have one more post to do, at least, and I know Trykon has one or two more.

WELL DONE PEEPS!
Leading Crewman Grent "Gurlanin" Notimo, 58th (Strill) Squadron

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron 8 | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars Image Imperial Network Star Wars Image

(=TG=)
{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}{Shut}
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Templar
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2740
Total Posts:  3784
May 4, 2013 8:27:40 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
I am so proud of ALL of us!!! 

We just began Episode II in our Machete Order watch-through of the saga, and we're doing the drinking game throughout, so I'm a little distracted at the moment, but this news is momentous!

Just popping on to congratulate everyone.  Well done, folks! 

I have two more posts in my overview of the Second Battle of the Pulsar (outlined, but not finished), and then at least one more to close out the story.  So the record is well and truly destroyed. 

Congratulations, everyone!  Keep it through to the finish, and look forward to some well-deserved record-breaking recognition, come shiny time. 
CNW/CPT Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM]
(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)(=*FOCE*=)

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  464
Total Posts:  786
May 4, 2013 8:56:43 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
Of course it's when I go to take a nap that we pass our goal.

SHINIES AND SHIPS!

I say we get at least 10 above to make it that much harder to pass it next time.
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC:W]

TRN | IN Zarya | VEDJ
Taltos
ComNet Novice

Taltos

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  26
Total Posts:  47
May 4, 2013 9:51:23 PM    View the profile of Taltos 
I've got at least two more posts in me. A continuation of the battle (any suggestions or collab, Strill?) and then a meeting with Joamer after the battle.
Please take over T as much as you want to get the post-battle started, J. I'll continue the conversation, but I feel I'm too inexperienced here to comfortably take over my character's CO!
FM | SCW Taltos | Iron 4 | S:58 Strill | W:101st Blade | ISD-II Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | SC | VEN | VE
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
[SoA] [*CO*]
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  292
May 4, 2013 9:51:45 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
In case there was any doubt we had surpassed the total ...
Imperial Guardian of the Vast Empire Navy

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron 8 | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

(=TG=)
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  465
May 4, 2013 10:03:15 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
Great post, Gur! I like the use of the confusion in battle with Tal as well as the Defiance's role.
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

TRN | IN Zarya | VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  293
May 4, 2013 10:07:37 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I made sure to mention that the Defiance can't do all the work, so as not to make it too easy, but also so I don't crash anyone else's post.

And it's 0305 here in England. I hope you all appreciate my dedication! *looks at IG medal* Oh wait ... you did ...... forget what I said.

(=TG=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2744
May 5, 2013 8:17:08 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
LOVING these finale posts, everyone.  You're all doing a really fantastic job of wrapping up your personal storylines, and I'm so proud to be writing with all of you!

With the record firmly beaten, and the posts coming steadily, ending plotlines, I'm going to set a hard-and-fast end-date for this, now, folks.  I would love to be able to announce shinies, promotions, and other rewards on Saturday, at the VE-wide irc meeting.  So I'm going to aim to post the final story post of the Counterpunch arc on Thursday, May 9th.  That means we all have four more days to post, before the most successful campaign arc in the division's history, capped by the most successful single story in the division's history, comes to a close.  Four days.  Let's see how much more awesome we can squeeze out in four days. 

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM]

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  823
May 5, 2013 8:59:48 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
Working on my final hurrah now, Trick!

Can I break the 40,000 word mark for this story?  Let's see!

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2745
May 5, 2013 9:01:15 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Goodness, but that's impressive, Serpent!  Go for it! 

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate

Post Number:  471
May 5, 2013 9:13:05 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
I initially read that as 400k and I almost dropped my computer.

But still, 10k under NaNoWriMo standards? Dang. Admittedly I am jealous of that number

Also since my personal storyline is pretty much at its close with Thatcher downed, I'm gonna wait it out a bit. Perfect timing too because I have my last two finals on Monday and Tuesday. Can't wait to see if anyone else has some surprises in store.

TRN | IN Zarya | VEDJ
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2746
May 5, 2013 9:16:47 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Oh, that reminds me:

The taboo against double posting is hereby relaxed for this story, as we drive to the end.  You should still wait a little while before posting twice in a row, but it's important everyone be able to finish their storylines, so don't feel like you have to wait for someone else to post first, if you're writing up a storm to finish in time. 

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  825
May 5, 2013 11:08:14 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
Sorry to make you jealous Avvie!

Okay, I've made another post.  I had hoped to tie up my story on the Brilliant in that one, but no.  I will take one more post and then I shall be finished!

Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  305
May 6, 2013 4:42:27 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I've got at least one more post coming. At some point.

(=TG=)
Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1021
Total Posts:  1245
May 6, 2013 4:48:53 AM    View the profile of Hades 
I think I'm done with Death for now. There are a few sub-plots I may have wanted to finish, but with my writer's block that simply is not going to happen.

Between Gundark's newly appointed SCO (Markayn 'Pain' Hurt) and the VENI agent 'Nighthunter' aboard the Imperial Dominion's flagship, as well as Chlovi's plot-line.. These are the things I left incomplete.

However; One sub-plot was closed in style and, as a step in my journey out of Writer's Block, I'd like comments on my last post! Constructive criticism and praise are welcome from all, even you young'uns

Chief of Naval Training, 50th Squadron Commander

SCO | ESN "Hades" | Cobalt 1 | S:50 "Chlovi" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
CNT | ESN "Hades" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

VENI

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's superior, make life rue the day it thought it could give Demetrius Aita lemons, do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's going to burn your house down - with the lemons!"
-- Hades

{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA} {GrAt} (=*SWC*=) (=TG=) (=*FOCE*=) {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  827
May 6, 2013 5:22:00 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
And I am done!  The VSD Ravisher has been destroyed, and both the Dominion NPCs I made, Commander Ilusan and Sval Heysh, are dead.  Victory!

Though that was my final post of the story, I have not concluded the battle in it (that's Trick's job!).  If anyone else wants to use the Brilliant in any capacity (that does not involve her destruction!) feel free.  As far as I'm concerned my little Star Destroyer is a free agent in the closing stage of the battle.

Remember folks, we have until thursday to conclude our storylines before this super successful story ends, so have it!

Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  306
May 6, 2013 5:33:06 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Liking it, Serpent, you devious person, you!

As I've mentioned before, I'm going to have Grent flying a shuttle full of the most wounded, and/or those in need of urgent medical attention. If there are any pilots around who wish to be on the shuttle, I'd rather you made your way there sooner, than later. However, I will be leaving it purposefully vague about who is on that shuttle, and will say that are a wide variety of severity of injuries, to allow for any and all damages to self.

Also, I trust the Adjudicator won't blow us up on sight, Tryk? Or should we head to the Brilliant?

(=TG=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2749
May 6, 2013 5:47:53 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
So much going on! 

For clarity: my little trio of posts I just finished obviously happens a little BEFORE the Brilliant destroys the Ravisher, despite the order of the posts themselves.  A little chronological loss of sync is inevitable, sometimes.  Great posts there, btw, Serpent.

I'll work those epic events you've written into my battle-ending post, for sure.

Gurlanin, when are you planning on doing this shuttle post, exactly?  After the battlefield goes quiet, right?  Since right now you're strafing the asteroid with the other pilots who haven't been shot down?

I should have the battle-ender up tomorrow, or Tuesday at the latest... leaving two full days for post-battle finale posts for anyone who wants to do them.  FYI.

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant

Post Number:  828
May 6, 2013 5:50:39 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Yes, if yours takes place a little before my destruction of the Ravisher then that would work perfectly Trick!

Incidently, I've been keeping a very careful eye on the stats, updating them with every post (just added your latest one a few moments ago).  If you want me to post the end-of-battle stats, just say when!

Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  307
May 6, 2013 5:50:50 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I was planning on having Grent get hurt again (he's still got a cracked rib that he can't feel due to adrenaline), or at least have his TIE so badly damaged that he is forced to land. That's when he'll decide he still wants to do something useful, and the medic will tell him that after he lands he needs to go to the med bay.

(=TG=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2750
May 6, 2013 5:54:17 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Okie dokie, Gurlanin.  Just consider what makes the most sense.  Like I said, you'll have a couple days of time in real life to write and post something about medical casualties being taken away in a shuttle, after the last battle post is put up.  My instinct is it would make more sense then, rather than in the middle of a battle, but I leave it to you.

Serpent, I've been keeping stats, too.  Let's do what we did with War, and compare notes before making the official announcement. 

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  308
May 6, 2013 6:04:02 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Ah, I think I see where you're coming from. My idea was that he would be taking the role of emergency medevac pilot, what with the other Marines and their pilots fighting.

That being said, I suppose I could have him landing a damaged fighter, and running off to join the battle still raging on the asteroid, and getting wounded there. Then, by the time he gets back to the hangar and those shuttles, the battle could have ended. Either works.

(=TG=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2751
May 6, 2013 6:09:19 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
The second option feels better to me, but again, it's ultimately up to you.  I think there's been a lot of action during the run of this story that skirts close to implausible territory (I include my own posts in that collective assessment)... it might be good to refocus on finding the compelling stories inherent in more ordinary acts of heroism, is all I'm saying.

/me shrugs

For now, I'm going to bed.  At least one more post covering the end of the battle, and our Verpine friends, by Tuesday.  And then at least one more after that, to properly close the story, by Thursday.  Plan, made.  Bed, here I come.

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  311
May 6, 2013 3:04:26 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
So, aside from my mistake ...

I decided on a compromise, Tryk. Whilst Grent has left the hangar flying a shuttle in the midst of fighting, it is noted that the fighting has lessened. Also, Grent's taking an indirect route, which will be longer. I estimate that he will arrive at the Adj soon after the fighting has stopped. Feel free to incorporate his arrival into your finishing off the battle post, or whatever. I think I'm done with combat writing for a while.

To everyone else. Key points on my post:

1. Taltos got picked up by the Deifance.
2. Grent was forced down.
3. Starlight, Lady and Edge are all alive.
4. Just under a fifth of the Brilliant's, just over a fifth of the Adjudicator's, and around a third of everyone else's stormtroopers and marines that were sent to Gwodd LK Nale are dead, or injured. Vague on purpose.
5. The shuttle that Grent's flying could have anybody on board.
6. The shuttle will take a while to arrive at the Adj, most likely after the battle has ended.

Well, I think that's all of it.

(=TG=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2771
May 7, 2013 8:13:04 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
As promised, I ended the battle in a post today (Tuesday). 

Now, if you're still working on combat posts, folks, that's ok!  Posts can be a little out of chronological order, at this stage; that tends to happen a bit towards the end of big run-ons.

On Thursday - probably late - I'll post the finale, wrapping everything up.  That means you have two days to get up your last posts, everyone.  Or, put another way, there's still time to boost your word counts and draw even more attention to yourselves, as I draw up the list of shinies! 

Let's make sure all the plotlines in this truly epic campaign arc have satisfying conclusions, everyone!  And prepare yourselves to be rewarded, come Sunday!    Excelsior!

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Romanflame
ComNet Cadet

Romanflame

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  242
Total Posts:  266
May 7, 2013 11:42:46 PM    View the profile of Romanflame 
I finished my battle post, and I hope is it an interesting read.
SCAP/ESGN Arthur 'Romanflame' Dragon/CR-90 Hammer/TF:Besh/2nd FLT/VEN/VE
[MC2][MC:1] [CBV][SoL][CO][IG](CAR)
TosthAaaiser
ComNet Novice

TosthAaaiser

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  92
Total Posts:  232
May 8, 2013 3:05:08 AM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
Next post up.

Amazing posts, guys. Really enjoying all of the story arcs.
JC |PO1 Tosth “Fishhead” Aaaiser |ISD Adjudicator/TF:B | 2Flt |FC |VEN | VE
TO | PO1 "Fishhead" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

"Win or lose, as long as the fight is worthy, then honor is gained. The glory at having triumphed over impossible odds is what drives me. If there's nothing at stake – your possessions, your life, your world – then the battle's meaningless. It's the true test of yourself – the battle against death... against oblivion."
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Counterpunch: Death discussion  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:43:56 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 114  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >