Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  285
Total Posts:  757
  RE: Monthly MVP Awards
May 4, 2013 10:53:42 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Also, the corresponding wiki pages seem to be lacking updates. I am currently correcting that.

Let me know if I've made any mistakes, so tags I know for next time.
Leading Crewman Grent "Gurlanin" Notimo, 58th (Strill) Squadron

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars Image Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

(=TG=)
{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}{Shut}
[This message has been edited by Gurlanin (edited May 10, 2013 5:00:11 PM)]
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Templar
[VE-NAVY] Captain

Post Number:  2737
Total Posts:  3784
May 4, 2013 12:11:11 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
The page for the unit citations is up to date... it can be found here: http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/Unit_Citations
CNW/CPT Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:3][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM]
(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)(=*FOCE*=)

CM/DJT Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Cadet

Gurlanin

Post Number:  295
May 5, 2013 4:52:28 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Of course it's up to date! I went and updated them!
Imperial Guardian of the Vast Empire Navy

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron 8 | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

(=TG=)
Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-DJO] Uninitiate
[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1018
Total Posts:  1245
May 5, 2013 7:49:36 AM    View the profile of Hades 
In future, I'd run it by your superiors before changing a page like that

Congrats all round for the awards.

Chief of Naval Training, 50th Squadron Commander

SCO | ESN "Hades" | Cobalt 1 | S:50 "Chlovi" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
CNT | ESN "Hades" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

VENI

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's superior, make life rue the day it thought it could give Demetrius Aita lemons, do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's going to burn your house down - with the lemons!"
-- Hades

{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA} {GrAt} (=*SWC*=) (=TG=) (=*FOCE*=) {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  343
May 10, 2013 4:59:51 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Just because I don't ask publicly, doesn't mean I don't ask, Mr. Grumpy Grumps!
Imperial Guardian of the Vast Empire Navy

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron 8 | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

(=TG=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Warrior
[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  3022
June 5, 2013 3:54:24 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Ok, folks!  We're 5 days into the new evaluation period for this month's MVP-style awards!

I'll have an announcement ASAP for this past month's winners (May), but June is anybody's game.  Let's get back into the swing of things, everyone!
CNW/VCOM Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:4][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM][CNQST][IGC]

SM/DWR Trykon/Dark Jedi/Shades/Raven L-04/DJO/VE [EoP]
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  442
June 5, 2013 4:41:17 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
<.<

>.>

Awards? There are awards?

/me's hyperactivity kicks in

AWAAAARRRDDSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
Petty Officer 2nd Class Grent "Gurlanin" Notimo, 58th (Strill) Squadron

FL | PO2 Gurlanin | Iron 8 | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

(=^TG^=)
{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}{Shut}{Slice}{0Gee}
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  3025
June 6, 2013 12:33:56 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Ok, folks.  The NHC has talked it over, and we're agreed:

Captain's Own will not be awarded for the month of May.  Both squadrons took some time off after Counterpunch, which is just fine, but neither has really bounced back yet.  Jexxel, Strill: June is anybody's game.  Let's get back to activity!

Admiral's Own is another award that's fallen prey to this month's general lull.  While Serpent's been dutifully plugging away at personal tales and even posting a bit to Heart of the Second, it isn't quite enough to merit another instance of the [AO].  Hopefully this month I can jump into writing posts again, and some other Fleet Command people can return to activity, giving Serpent some real competition. 

I'm proud (and a little embarrased) to say that Imperial Guardian this month is me.  Seems weird to say, since I've been on leave this past week, but the 3 weeks I had of hyperactivity around the end of Counterpunch: Death and right afterward seems to have aligned with a general slump in activity for the division, meaning I can finally add [IG] to my ID line.  Feels great to be able to do so, but I'll reiterate: I like it better when it's so busy around here that even with my spurts of superhuman activity, there are other VEN members more worthy of this award!

I'd like to also point out that Fishhead (TosthAaaiser) gets a big honorable mention for the month of May.  Fishhead, your initiative in taking over the Naval Timeline project on the wiki has not gone unnoticed, and if you keep pushing that idea further, there's no reason [IG] can't be yours this coming month.  Although I'm sure Gurlanin'll be pushing his Naval History wiki project, too. 

Ok, folks.  It's been a bit of a break, this month.  Let's get back into it! 

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:4][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM][CNQST][IGC]

Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  447
June 6, 2013 12:36:30 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Well deserved, and long overdue, Tryk. Well done.

And welcome to the IG club

FL | PO2 Gurlanin | Iron 8 | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

(=^TG^=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  3026
June 6, 2013 12:42:34 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Thanks, Gur. 

Seriously though, people: let's heat up the competition for these, this month! 

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:4][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM][CNQST][IGC][IG]

Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  448
June 6, 2013 12:43:59 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Oh, and the wiki has been updated to reflect the award.

(=^TG^=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Vice Commodore

Post Number:  3027
June 6, 2013 12:45:40 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Ooh, very nice.  I'd love to add a paranthetical note to each entry, telling which month earned the IG... I'll do that now.

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:4][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM][CNQST][IGC][IG]

Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  449
June 6, 2013 12:46:44 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Good idea.

(=^TG^=)
TosthAaaiser
ComNet Initiate

TosthAaaiser

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  124
Total Posts:  232
June 6, 2013 1:43:53 PM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
Very well deserved, indeed, Trick.

And with the timeline... I felt it should just be finished. And I got it done. Not much else. Shinies are nice and all, but not needed...

I'm back now. Have power again and the storms are finally done for a while... Hopefully. Have a HotSF post almost done.
JC |CPO Tosth “Fishhead” Aaaiser |ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt |FC |VEN | VE
TO | CPO "Fishhead" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

{XenB}{LogS}{Shut}
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  450
June 6, 2013 2:23:39 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Question about the CO/AO:

Is it only if the squadron/ship the individual is serving in/on currently holds the award that the individual may display it? Or, like the IG, is the medal a reminder that the squadron/ship has won it in the past?

Also, though I think I know the answer, does the medal stay with the squadron/ship, or the individual? For example, if someone joined Strill after we had won the medal, would they be allowed to wear it? Alternatively, if I now left Strill, would I be able to keep the medal, much like I am able to keep the IG medal?

Or am I making no sense?

(=^TG^=)
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant Commander

Post Number:  798
Total Posts:  973
June 29, 2013 9:34:30 AM    View the profile of DeepSix 
The way I always understood it - the IG award (for the individual) is carried by the one having earned it for the duration of said month. Although he/she can keep it in his/hers ID line after the fact, IC there would be a tiny difference between the current IG holder and a former IG holder. As the award states (or at least stated at some point) the current holder would have the whole medal to show off, as opposed to a previous holder who would only have a ribbon reminding him of the prized shiny...

As far as CO/AO are concerned, the two awards aren't handed over to individuals but rather to units and as such it is the affiliation to that unit that allows one to enjoy said citation. Simple example: Suppose Strill wins CO in August and Jexxel wins it in September. Strill pilots would be able to show off their shiny plaque handed down to them by Trykon in some small (or not so small) ceremony... or maybe no ceremony at all. If one of their current pilots transferred out however then he/she would no longer be able to partake in that privilege however. Likewise, if some rookie just graduated from the Academy and got assigned to Strill then he/she would be able to enjoy the CO as well, as he/she would now be part of that unit - even if he/she would not have actually helped gain that award... at least not that time around!

Once September arrives however and Jexxel manages to steal the award from Strill, the latter pilots would technically no longer be able to show off their shiny as it would no longer really be in their possession. Then again ID lines would likely not all suddenly be updated to reflect as much so some measure of confusion may remain present... Given the amount of members we have available I'd personally not stress out who's currently having what award, but rather who's managed to get said award the most number of times
WC/LCDR DeepSix/Golden One/S:38th Vornskr/W:101st Blade/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE
[=*TG*=] [=*VIM*=] [=*SWC*=]

XNO/LCDR DeepSix/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

TRN/AD DeepSix/DJO/Training Sect/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  489
June 29, 2013 9:37:21 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I was just wondering on behalf of the few Jexxel pilots who transferred from Strill. Looks like they'll never get to wear that medal again ...

SXO | PO2 Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

(=^TG^=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  3155
July 1, 2013 8:41:06 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
June has ended, and that means it's time for another round of Unit Citations.

For his continuing work on the Naval Timeline Project, the Imperial Guardian for the past month is recognized to be TosthAaaiser, a.k.a. Fishhead!

This month was again close between our two main Fleet Command contenders for the Admiral's Own award, but at long last, the Adjudicator has eked out a victory over the Brilliant.

Unfortunately, the starfighter corps was eerily quiet again this month.  Despite a surge of last-minute posting in the past 24 horus (which will count towards the evaluation period for July, which technically starts now), there wasn't much activity this past month from Jexxel or Strill.  As a consequence, for June the citation for Captain's Own again goes unrewarded.  Step it up, squadrons... with a Chapter running, I have a feeling the competition for this one is going to heat up a lot in July.
CNO/COM Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  493
July 1, 2013 8:44:38 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Well deserved, Fishhead!

And woot! to the Adj.

SXO | PO2 Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF: Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

(=^TG^=)
Serpent
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

Post Number:  900
Total Posts:  1214
July 1, 2013 5:27:08 PM    View the profile of Serpent 
Big congrats to Fishhead and the Adjudicator!  Well deserved!
SCAP/LCDR Pherik “Serpent” Zail / VSD Brilliant /TF:Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][SoV][MiD][1NS][GWC][MC1][VC:E][CAR][AOx3][CoB.][NC][CC:3][CNQST](=*Eng*=)(=*BO*=)

"It isn't the killing, you know.  It's the beauty of battles that I love - the choreography and the challenge of executing everything
just right - and the challenge of matching your wits against a capable opponent." - Gilad Pellaeon
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  3156
July 1, 2013 5:29:44 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
I'm just happy the Adj could earn the award at least once, especially since we may be shifting around the roster soon, which may move the ship out of the running in future. 

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:4][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM][CNQST][IGC][*IG*][*AO*]

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Initiate

Post Number:  601
Total Posts:  786
July 1, 2013 7:03:09 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
Yay Fishhead! You deserve that for being so awesome with that project

Also yay to the Adjudicator getting something.

And Tryk is being cryptic as per usual....
SCO | CPO Avalar | Silver 1 | S:46 Jexxel | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC: W] [DSM] [CBV] [CC: D] [CNQST]

TRN | INI Zarya | VEDJ | VE
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  3158
July 1, 2013 7:14:56 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
I don't mean to be.    Just saying, since there will be a new CNW shortly, he/she may end up using a ship other than the Adj as the flagship of the Second Fleet.  So I'm glad that no matter what, the Adjudicator has gotten a little love. 

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC][VC:G][CoB][CC:4][2NS][LSM][VC:E][MSM][CNQST][IGC][*IG*][*AO*]

TosthAaaiser
ComNet Initiate

TosthAaaiser

Post Number:  146
Total Posts:  232
July 1, 2013 7:37:22 PM    View the profile of TosthAaaiser 
Thanks guys. I appreciate the praise.

It is nice to see Trick and the Adj receive recognition as well.
JC |CPO Tosth “Fishhead” Aaaiser |ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt |FC |VEN | VE
TO | CPO "Fishhead" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

{XenB}{LogS}{Shut}
Serpent
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Serpent

Post Number:  1012
Total Posts:  1214
August 2, 2013 4:03:04 AM    View the profile of Serpent 
Its that time again, folks, when we roll out the monthly awards!  And since I'm now CNW, the honour is mine:

Imperial Guardian: DeepSix.  Your posts to the current story have been excellent and you have taken well to your new duties as CNT, spearheading new ideas and gettings the staff organised.  Well done Deep!

Captain's Own: Good activity from both squadrons this month, but I think that Jexxel have just edged out in front.  Well done to you pilots!

Admiral's Own: Tough one, but after some deliberation the NHC has selected myself as the recipient!  Er... congrats to me, I guess!

And that's it!  As Chapter 9 heats up and the first battle on the road to Corellia begins, its all to play for this month!  Let the posts flow and we'll see how these award stand come the start of September!

Naval High Command
CNW|Lieutenant Commander Zail|NHC|VEN|VE

SCAP/LCDR Pherik “Serpent” Zail / VSD Brilliant /TF:Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
[SoA][LoM][NAR][E][SoV][MiD][MC1][VC:E][CAR][AOx3][CoB.][NC][CC:3][CNQST][PWC][2NS][LSM][VM0](=*Eng*=)(=*BO*=)
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-NAVY] Commodore

Post Number:  3299
August 2, 2013 4:08:11 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Congratulations to last month's winners!  And let's get geared up for this month! 
Naval High Command
CNO/Commodore Trykon/NHC/VEN/VE

Second Vast Imperial Fleet
SCAP/COM Wyl "Trick" Trykon/ISD Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE

Decorations
[*IG*][*AO*][WM0][HNS][1NS][2NS][LSM][BWC][SWC][GWC][CC:4][CNQST]
[NSM][E][NAR][MSM][SoA][CoB][VC:B][VC:S][VC:G][VC:E][SoV][LoM][DSM][NC][IGC]

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Initiate

Post Number:  648
August 2, 2013 11:02:14 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Yaaaaaaaaaaay for stealing CO from Strill!
>.>
<.<

Also congrats Serp and Deep. One day I'll actually be around enough to steal IG but it is not this day...
SCO | CPO Avalar | Silver 1 | S:46 Jexxel | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC: W]  [DSM]  [CBV]  [CC: D]  [CNQST]  [WM0]

Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  520
August 2, 2013 11:04:35 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Stolen? Oh please. Taking what is given on a silver platter does not count. XD

Congrats Avvie, and Jexxel. And to you too, Deep and Serpywerpy (that is now your name donotarguewithme)

(=^TG^=)
{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}{Shut}{Slice}{0Gee}{XenMA}
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-DJO] Initiate

Post Number:  650
August 2, 2013 11:07:42 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Well then I hope Strill puts up a better fight this time around (frankly I'm just happy we had enough posts to actually have CO this month...)

And that name... just no...

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC: W]  [DSM]  [CBV]  [CC: D]  [CNQST]  [WM0]

Gurlanin
ComNet Member

Gurlanin

Post Number:  521
August 2, 2013 11:08:59 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I could call you Avviewavvy if it makes you feel better?

(=^TG^=)
{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}{Shut}{Slice}{0Gee}{XenMA}
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Monthly MVP Awards  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:36:47 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 115  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >