Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > The 58th "Strill" Squadron Topic

Pages:  [ << 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >> ]   
Author
Topic:  The 58th "Strill" Squadron Topic
Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  910
Total Posts:  1245
  RE: The 58th "Strill" Squadron Topic
March 7, 2013 7:35:30 AM    View the profile of Hades 
I deleted a break by accident, but I did not include the physical description on purpose. This is because DeepSix has not yet given a physical description, so I was waiting on him. Please leave that part.

Chief of Naval Training, 50th Squadron Commander

SCO | ESN "Hades" | Cobalt 1 | S:50 "Chlovi" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
CNT | ESN "Hades" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

VENI

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's superior, make life rue the day it thought it could give Demetrius Aita lemons, do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's going to burn your house down - with the lemons!"
-- Hades

{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA} {GrAt} (=*SWC*=) (=TG=) {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Hades (edited March 7, 2013 7:36:13 AM)]
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  157
Total Posts:  757
March 7, 2013 7:37:50 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Why did no-one say at the start that there already was an NPC SCO for Jexxel? Sheesh.

And I've already added it back in. When DeepSix comes up with his description, it can be edited.
Leading Crewman Grent "Gurlanin" Notimo, 58th (Strill) Squadron

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}
(=TG=)

"There's no way you're getting a quote from us to use in your signature."
[This message has been edited by Gurlanin (edited March 7, 2013 7:39:34 AM)]
Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  911
March 7, 2013 7:43:26 AM    View the profile of Hades 
The fact that it was on the Blade Wing wiki page should have spoken for itself. However, it's understood you made a mistake - in future, run things like this by your CO.. not sure why it wasn't this time.

SCO | ESN "Hades" | Cobalt 1 | S:50 "Chlovi" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

VENI

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's superior, make life rue the day it thought it could give Demetrius Aita lemons, do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's going to burn your house down - with the lemons!"
-- Hades

Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  158
March 7, 2013 7:49:52 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Because it was the SCO who set the task, and he made no reference to any existing names. Ergo, it was assumed that there were no names.

Also, like I said before, I checked the Adjudicator page, which lists the squadrons and their SCOs. It said "Unknown NPC", and, until I updated it again, then said the NPC I gave it. The fact that it had been failed to be updated wasn't my fault. I followed orders to the letter.

FM | LCRW Gurlanin | Iron Eight | S:58 "Strill" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD II "Adjudicator" | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}
(=TG=)

Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  912
March 7, 2013 7:57:54 AM    View the profile of Hades 
There was an existing NPC SCO on the Blade Wing page, which you changed. Changes like that should be run by your CO/XO or failing that, your Wing Commander - especially if you're not sure. What's done is done, just keep it in mind for future

VENI

-- Hades

Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  159
March 7, 2013 7:59:52 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Changed after all the hard work, and before anyone pointed it out to me. I showed off the jexxel page to people before editing other pages, and all I got was praise. Therefore, how was I meant to know? Answer? I wasn't.

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}
(=TG=)

Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  913
March 7, 2013 8:11:08 AM    View the profile of Hades 
I think I've made myself pretty clear here, Gurlanin. Changes to Blade Wing should be run by an SCO or Wing Commander in a specific instance - i.e, 'why is this NPC listed as Jexxel SCO, and can I change it'. End of story.

VENI

-- Hades

Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  160
March 7, 2013 8:13:11 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
You've made your position very clear. I thank you for your kindness.

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}
(=TG=)

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  366
Total Posts:  786
March 7, 2013 10:18:59 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Gurlanin, here's the thing, when I looked at the Jexxel page in the first place, all I saw was the formatting. I hadn't read it yet because I was in class. So yes, what you were praised for was the fact that the page was created. NOT the content. I realize my comment was vague so I apologize on that part. I should've made it clear that I hadn't gone to read it thoroughly yet. My comment about getting it up fast had to do simply with the fact that it existed and was formatted.

That being said, when a member of the NHC tells you something, it is a good idea to respect it. No you didn't know that there was an SCO NPC that already existed. However, instead of changing something on the Blade Wing page, you should've posted here and asked a question. From now on, if something like this happens again, you run it by us. We are not all-knowing. Sometimes we forget that information already exists. In my case yes I may be a vet, but I am only a vet who has recently returned. I'm not always aware of what exists on the wiki pages nor do I remember it all the time.

So, from now on, I think the wiki editing should primarily be limited to myself and Joamer, and when we do ask for something to be edited or added, everything will be run by us first. I understand putting in hard work and feeling annoyed that it has to be changed, however all that work could have been avoided had you simply asked. We shall avoid this problem entirely by having everyone in Strill run their changes by us in the first place.
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

[SoA]  [MC1]  [CC:W]
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  161
March 7, 2013 12:21:40 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Praise I was referring to came from the IRC.

Of course, all this could have been solved had detail been given. It seems to be lacking around here. As is trust and respect. At the moment, the only people on here I have trust and respect for, is Trykon and Serpent. DeepSix also. But that's it. This, currently, is OOC.

Like I said before: I was doing my job. So sue me.

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}
(=TG=)

Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  914
March 7, 2013 12:27:52 AM    View the profile of Hades 
I shouldn't need to tell you how out of line that comment is, Gurlanin. The Vast Empire survives solely because the members have mutual respect and trust for each other; even from vets to rookies you will generally see a level of respect that guarantees our continued existence.

If you can't find it within yourself to respect your Squadron Commander and XO, as well as the members of NHC then you've got a real problem and this becomes a whole other matter. Not to blow things out of proportion, but it could result in disciplinary action if you keep it up. In addition to which, without trust between you and your squadron, you are going to struggle to get along in the VE.

As an NHC member and as your friend, I am telling you that your attitude needs to stop right now.

VENI

-- Hades

Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  162
March 7, 2013 12:42:47 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Trust and respect work both ways.

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}
(=TG=)

Hades
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  915
March 7, 2013 12:51:27 AM    View the profile of Hades 
That it does, and we have given you nothing but respect and constructive criticism since you joined. You may mistake the chastening for your errors for disrespect, but it's not. You were trusted with the Jexxel wiki page and you made a mistake; we understood that and tried to tell you nicely to which you responded very poorly.

But I'm not the one in the wrong here, Gurlanin. Your previous comment is something I'd not want to see from any member of the VEN. It is disrespectful and poorly phrased. I may come across as rude, but if you look carefully you'll see I've avoided all forms of rudeness as best I could - and I apologise for any perceived rudeness.

Obviously though the fact that the VE is a meritocracy - that everyone earns their position - does not mean anything to you as you have not afforded me, your XO, your SCO or any other member of the VE the respect they deserve. That said, I'll let DeepSix or Trykon deal with this, as you've disregarded my position on NHC completely.

Tread very lightly, Gurlanin, because you're on dangerous ground.

VENI

-- Hades

[This message has been edited by Hades (edited March 7, 2013 12:53:05 AM)]
DeepSix
ComNet Member

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  744
Total Posts:  973
March 7, 2013 1:09:09 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
Okay, seriously?

I make one post mentioning a fairly simple thing and 9 or so hours later I find this thread filled with replies that somehow started from that initial comment?

Just to clarify - I was personally neither mad nor angry about that change, which realistically speaking isn't even all that big to begin with. I may have been somewhat annoyed that the change occurred without my knowledge hence the reason for me posting in the first place, but the way I saw it things could and really should've gone a lot differently from that point onwards - namely a simple retcon in two or three pages and that was supposed to be the end of everything.

I never wanted my post to lead to bickering, more edits, excuses to and from other people and so on...

As was made apparent from some of these posts, Gur did indeed make an honest mistake - one that most others failed to notice on account of it being really small to begin with. It was eventually spotted and fixed so I for one am willing to overlook it and move on - a course of action I advise everyone else that partook in the above discussion to take.

I do not wish for this particular issue to change the good things we have going and end up making some of the members feel more restrained as a result. To this end I propose that each member be allowed free reign over his/her personal wiki page. I also suggest that said members be allowed to change their own personal information should it be found in Squadron wikis, Wing wiki, Ship wiki. Whether they can do it themselves right off the bat, do it after they informed the ones responsible for those wikis or just have the latter do it on their behalf - that decision I leave up to the Squadron Commanders as far as their own squadrons are concerned, myself as far as the entire wing is concerned or Trykon as far as ship related things are concerned. My advice here - ask one of the above before editing on his/her page and see how the former chooses to deal with the matter.

On this note I hope the above issue has ended. As in no more posts, inflammatory or otherwise, regarding it. No explanations, no excuses, no thanking, no nothing of any kind. Seriously, I don't want to see this derailing once again...

And speaking of this derailing Gur, Hades already reprimanded you above so I won't bother doing it again myself. I'm not saying all the above is your fault alone and you should as such be held responsible for it. I am however saying that you are not alas blameless in it either. Like it or not your attitude here has helped make things worse overall. My suggestion in the future - read and reread your posts before you submit them and in so doing consider their implications and the way they're likely to be taken by the ones they're meant to as well as all others reading them on the sidelines. A delayed but clear headed reply is often preferable to one written when still being frustrated, angry or mad - regardless of whether you're right or not.

Should you have any questions/comments about the above paragraph I expect to see them relayed via PM (Comnet or IRC). As before, I'm hoping nobody else will further inflame this other issue either with opinions pro/against or other suggestions. Let bygones be bygones and instead move forward. Consider the current story - discuss what you want to happen next and start working on those or other useful angles...
WC/LCDR DeepSix/Golden One/S:38th Vornskr/W:101st Blade/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE [=*TG*=] [=*VIM*=]

Consultant/LCDR DeepSix/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

TRN/AD DeepSix/DJO/Training Sect/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  163
March 7, 2013 5:29:51 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Apologies to all. This was the exact thing I was trying to avoid, but I guess I still have much to learn about controlling my Autism.

Anyway...

Who's posting next in Counterpunch?

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}
(=TG=)

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  367
March 7, 2013 7:30:52 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
As far as I know, no one is set to post.

Also, forgot to mention it's reports day. So make sure to get yours in!
SXO | PO2 Avalar | Iron 2 | S:58 Strill | W:101 Blade | ISD Adjudicator | TF:A | 2Flt | VEN | VE

Sturmwind
ComNet Novice

Sturmwind

Post Number:  25
Total Posts:  25
March 7, 2013 11:25:55 PM    View the profile of Sturmwind 
Well turns out hard drives aren't actually hard. I'll be gone for a while, perhaps a week, because the hard drive on my laptop got damaged when my two ton (feels like it anyways) textbook on Shakespeare fell on it from the shelf three feet above. Until I get a new hard drive I'll be using an older laptop starting next weekend after spring break.
FM/LCRW/Sturmwind/Iron Three/S: 58th "Strill"|W: 101st "Blade"|ISD-II  Adjudicator |TF:A|2FL|SFC|VEN|VE
Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  368
March 8, 2013 11:58:44 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
Strill Weekly Report
03/08/2013

The Story as it Stands

Overarching AAR: The sim run is interrupted as news that the NCC has been captured is delivered to Trykon. Strill is ordered out of the sim and into their fighters to prepare for the oncoming battle. The battle for Gwodd LK Nale goes a bit too easily. Strill, Jexxel, and Gundark have taken the base along with the ground troops there. Joamer talks to the ground troops about tactics and tells Makenna to get the technicians to paint the other squadron fighters in order to help reduce the possibility of friendly fire since comm units don’t work very far. Gurlanin is wandering off close by, thinking of the past sim run. He feels this is a trap. Makenna encounters Thatcher who is on break, and the two talk a bit. A technician approaches Makenna and tells her that they have some mouse droids they can use to help ground comm units. Makenna tells him to go ahead with the idea.

Strill roster (which is constantly updated) can be found here

Our wiki page is also actually up to date!

Words from your SC and XO

SC & XO: It has been a normal week. Continue being active by posting in the story, keeping wikis up to date, and striving to get better.

Member Activity

Each member is listed in order of rank/position, if they reported, and how many posts they posted this week (Fri-Sat).

SCO CWO Joamer
•    Posts 1
•    Report Y
•    Total story posts: 5
SXO PO2 Avalar
•    Posts 1
•    Report Y
•    Total story posts: 5
FM PO2 Honeydew - AWOL
•    Posts 0
•    Report N
•    Total story posts: 0
FL SCRW Rikky - Reserves
•    Posts 0
•    Report Y
•    Total story posts: 1
FM SCRW Xanin
•    Posts 0
•    Report Y
•    Total story posts: 3
FM LCRW Gurlanin
•    Posts 2
•    Report Y
•    Total story posts: 7
FM LCRW Sturmwind
•    Posts 0
•    Report N
•    Total story posts: 2

High Recognition

Officially writing congratulations to Strill for CO last month. This is obviously not an excuse to slack off though.

End report

58th Strill Squadron
“We are the Ghosts and the Darkness”

Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  169
March 11, 2013 3:35:40 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
OK guys, things are starting to get moving. I imagine that if you want to get a CD post in before the main fighting starts, now is your chance. Once the SCO or XO kick things off, it's going to be intense!

{GrAt}{AFM}{Infl}{SFT}{Gunn}
(=TG=)

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  370
March 11, 2013 3:50:30 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
Speaking of us, Joamer and I are collaborating a post right now.

Time for all hell to break loose!

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  371
March 12, 2013 2:22:27 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Hey Strill!

Get to posting! The fighting is actually starting now and we need to overcome the chaos and get in the air!

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  375
March 12, 2013 5:17:00 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
I can't help but think of this song for this fight. Also Strillians, time to get posting. We've got 3 squadrons of TIE Interceptors and 6 transports. Take down those TIEs!

Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  898
Total Posts:  997
March 12, 2013 8:11:34 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Alright my lovely minions you heard the awesome XO. Let's get to posting. We all want to keep CO this month and that means working together to build the most epic story ever created in the Navy.

The battle has been joined so let's get to making with the explosions.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin
Chief Warrant Officer, Squadron Commanding Officer
Aurek Flight, Strill Squadron

SCO|CWO Joamer|Iron One|Squadron: The 58th  "Strill"|Wing: 101st "Blade"|ISD-II  Adjudicator |TF:A|2FL|SFC|VEN|VE
[CC:P] [CC:W] [SoV] [LoM] [E]

In memory of Ghost squad, we will never forget.
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  170
March 13, 2013 7:39:50 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Writing my post as we speak.

(=TG=)

Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  171
March 14, 2013 11:31:52 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I know I promised a post, but I'm currently going through a rough patch in real life, which has directly affected my ability to write .... well, anything! So my post is on hold. I also might not be around much the remainder of this week, and don't know if I'll have enough time to get a report it. Will do one when I have a chance.

(=TG=)

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  376
March 14, 2013 1:18:57 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
At least you let us know, Gur. Real life always comes first. Whatever it is you're going through, I hope it gets sorted out

For the rest of you, it is reports day! Make sure to get yours in!

Avalar
ComNet Member

Avalar

Post Number:  378
March 16, 2013 12:36:24 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Oh hey look! The Com doesn't make me want to throw things across a room anymore.

Anyway, guys don't worry about reports being late this week. I know for different people there were different internet situations. I think in the future if this happens again and you can't get on, maybe try to facebook message us or find Joamer or myself on the IRC. But don't worry, if things are not working we're not going to be mean

I'll get a weekly report up sometime today as well. As far as what the rest of you should do, posting would be soooo awesome You have no excuse now that the Com is back

Xanin
ComNet Novice

Xanin

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  28
Total Posts:  40
March 16, 2013 12:59:03 AM    View the profile of Xanin 
I'm writing a post right now.
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
FL/SCRW Xanin/Iron Five/S:58 Strill/W:101st Blade/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE/[MC2] [CC:1] [*CO*]
"I don't always desert my teammates. But when I do, they all die." - Xanin
Gurlanin
ComNet Initiate

Gurlanin

Post Number:  173
March 16, 2013 1:58:45 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Ok, I'm back. Should have a post up soon.

(=TG=)

Xanin
ComNet Novice

Xanin

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  29
Total Posts:  40
March 16, 2013 2:30:18 PM    View the profile of Xanin 
Gur, you know I'm writing a post right now?
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
FL/SCRW Xanin/Iron Five/S:58 Strill/W:101st Blade/ISD-II Adjudicator/TF:A/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE/[MC2] [CC:1] [*CO*]
"I don't always desert my teammates. But when I do, they all die." - Xanin
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > The 58th "Strill" Squadron Topic  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:32:20 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 485  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >