Topic:  Reporting for Training
Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  1
Total Posts:  757
  Reporting for Training
December 9, 2011 8:03:45 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Call sign Gurlanin reporting as ordered.
Hades
ComNet Novice

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman (SCRW)

Post Number:  32
Total Posts:  1245
  RE: Reporting for Training
December 9, 2011 8:07:05 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Welcome to the Vast Empire Navy, Gurlanin

I'm sure Trykon will get here shortly - in the meantime, take a look at this page

Should be enough to get you started
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Senior Crewman Hades, Nightshrike Squadron

FM/SCW "Hades"/A-2/S:82 "Nightshrike"/W:245 "Scimitar"/ISD Iron Duke/TF:A/1Flt/SC/VEN/VE

(=INF=)(=1vM=)

"This is not a cattle market in Shaum Hii, Lieutenant Tschel. This is the bridge of an Imperial Star Destroyer. Routine information is not—repeat, not—simply shouted in the general direction of its intended recipient. Is that clear?"
-Gilad Pellaeon to Tschel
Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  2
December 9, 2011 8:23:33 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Thank you, Hades.
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer (CWO)

Post Number:  1018
Total Posts:  3784
December 9, 2011 8:51:53 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Welcome to the Vast Empire Naval Academy, Crewman Gurlanin.

My name is Chief Warrant Officer Wyl Trykon, and as Hades suggested might be the case, I'll be your Training Officer (TO) while you go through the Academy's Orientation program.  I'll be around to help get you acclimated to life in the Vast Empire (a process we call, "Basic Training"), the most important part of which is learning how to role-play as an Imperial starfighter pilot in an ongoing, collaboratively-written story (a set of skills which is taught in something we call, "Flight School").

With your first post here on the Naval Academy board, you've completed Imperial Initiation (well done) and are hereby clear to begin Flight School, which will prepare you for daily life as a pilot in a VE squadron.  Please note: the wiki makes mention of Command School, but that training program is currently closed to new recruits; you will be going through Flight School.

Your next step should be to visit the VE Wiki page for Flight School, found here, and begin working on Chapter 1: Character Development by clicking the appropriate link (which I notice Hades has already posted in this thread).  When you finish the assignment, post your work here in this thread (bio and ID line), so I can review it, and we'll proceed from there.  Please note: here in the VE, we write stories in the third person, past tense; you should too.

If you need further guidance, please send a Private Message with your questions to "Trykon" here on the ComNet, or go to the Naval Academy channel on IRC, which is #VENA, and make an inquiry of any staff member.  Good luck with your training, Crewman, and again, welcome to the Vast Empire.

Sincerely,

CWO Wyl Trykon, your TO

Useful Links:
  •  An overview of what exactly we do here in the VEN
  •  The Vast Empire Naval Academy wiki page
  •  The wiki page for Basic Training
  •  Flight School: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3
  •  Command School (currently closed to new recruits, but available for your perusal): Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3
  •  How-to-create-a-wiki-page Tutorial
  •  Java-based IRC chat

SCAP/CWO Wyl Trykon/SMC Surprise/TF:B/1Flt/FC/VEN/VE
XNT/CWO Wyl "Trick" Trykon/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][NS:H][DSM][SWC]/(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/JRN Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  3
December 9, 2011 10:00:53 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Ok, here we go ....

Physical Description

Grent was a 5ft 9" human. Years of physical training had given him a muscular form. He displayed qualities of agility. His eyes were constantly scanning around, looking for exits and possible threats. He also had three scars, stretching from the top of his left eye to the bottom.

Personality

Grent tended to make a few close friends, be frienly with everyone else, then stay in the shadows. He concentrated on his task, and tried to do his best at it. He smoked deathsticks on occasion, and only drank when he was at a social event, though he never got drunk. He respected other people, and their things, so long as they respected him. He did have a habit of doing pranks on some people, but only if he knew that they would take it well.

Character's Background

Grent was born on Qiilura, home of the Gurlanin species. His parents were poor farmers who's parents had immigrated. Grent was forced to work hard to survive. He had a few friends, but mostly dreamed of escaping his poor life.
His chance came when Imperial TIE fighters did a flyby whilst searching for a criminal. Grent, as well as most of the others in the slums, knew where the criminal was, so he turned him in. In return, the station commander took him on as an informant. He was paid for information regarding to local criminals. His was given the codename 'Gurlanin'. The name stuck, so he took it on as his callsign.
Grent used his payment to buy a T-16 Skyhopper. When he wasn't finding out information, he was flying his T-16. Evasive manoeuvres and target practise were amongst some of the daily routines Grent put himself through.
Eventually, he sold his T-16 and bought a one way ticket to the Vast Empire Naval Academy, along with recommendation papers from the station commander.
TRN/CRW/Gurlanin/S:137 "Raptor"/W:46 "Defiance"/PLF Cappadocious/TF:AU/3Flt/VENA/VEN/VE
Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  4
December 9, 2011 1:22:53 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Good enough?
Whether it be in space, or in the skies, I fight for the lives of my wingmen, and the security of the Empire. When they are safe, then I can save myself.

TRN/CRW/Gurlanin/S:137 "Raptor"/W:46 "Defiance"/PLF Cappadocious/TF:AU/3Flt/VENA/VEN/VE
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Journeyman

Post Number:  1019
December 9, 2011 1:59:52 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Looking good, recruit.  Two things, and you'll be ready for the next Chapter of Flight School:
1.  Flesh out the personal history section a bit more; specifically, I'd like to know a little more about why the character is choosing to join the Vast Empire (instead of any other post-Imperial faction).  Is our famous tolerance for non-humans part of it?  Feel free to also give a little more information about his family.
2.  Complete a wiki page for the character, following the directions in Flight School, and then post a link to your character page here in this thread.

Once I see these things from you, we'll move on.  Keep up the good work!

-Trykon

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][NS:H][DSM][SWC]/(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/JRN Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  5
December 10, 2011 6:42:14 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/Grent_Notimo
Whether it be in space, or in the skies, I fight for the lives of my wingmen, and the security of the Empire. When they are safe, then I can save myself.

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Journeyman

Post Number:  1021
December 10, 2011 2:19:42 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Good work, recruit.  I'd still prefer to see more development of that backstory (remember, the more details you give on your personal wiki page, the more helpful the page is for your fellow club members, who have to write about your character without knowing him as well as you do), but that'll come with time.  You're clear to move on to the next Chapter of Flight School.  For Chapter 2, let's see how you write! 

-Trick

TRN/JRN Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  7
December 12, 2011 9:00:32 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Done.

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Journeyman

Post Number:  1033
December 12, 2011 5:35:45 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Great work, Crewman.  I'm going to call that sufficient to pass Chapter 2 of Flight School!  Now, there are a couple of things I'd like you to keep in mind as you move forward, though:
1.) Always include a word count in an OOC box at the end of your official posts; that way Academy instructors can more easily grade you, and your commanders (once you reach active duty) can more easily evaluate you for medals, promotions, and other rewards.  In addition, most commanders want you to include an After Action Report - a paragraph summarizing your post - in an OOC box at the bottom.  To box something and mark it OCC, highlight the text, then click the Out of Context box, the last option in the BBCode buttons above the Message window when you're writing a post in the ComNet.

OOC:
Like this.

2.) Your post brings up the difference between IC (in-character or in-context) developments and OOC (out-of-character or out-of-context) developments.  IC, your character was probably reprimanded for disobeying orders.  OOC, though, you proved yourself as a writer, and were able to move on in training.  That's something you can play with more, as you continue your VEN career: your activity and accolades are to a degree independent of your character's successes and setbacks.  Some of the most interesting characters (and therefore, those whose authors are most recognized in the VE, OOC) are those who are the most flawed, IC.  Something to keep in mind.

Okay, follow the instructions for Chapter 3, and Flight School will be a thing of the past. 

-Trick

TRN/JRN Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-NAVY] Ensign (ESGN)

Post Number:  1099
January 4, 2012 10:07:35 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Just checking in, recruit.  Still working on Chapter 3?

SCAP/ESGN Wyl Trykon/SMC Surprise/TF:B/1Flt/FC/VEN/VE
CNT/ESGN Wyl "Trick" Trykon/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

TRN/JRN Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-NAVY] Ensign (ESGN)

Post Number:  1136
January 20, 2012 7:24:53 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Need you to report, Gurlanin, and we can move you to Active Duty.  If I we don't hear from you soon, though, we'll have to wash you out.

SCAP/ESGN Wyl Trykon/SMC Surprise/TF:B/1Flt/FC/VEN/VE
CNT/ESGN Wyl "Trick" Trykon/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

TRN/JRN Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Crewman (CRW)

Post Number:  8
February 29, 2012 1:17:45 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
OOC:
Sincere apologies. Have not been on for a while, due to OOC commitments. I shall try to be more active.

What are your orders, sir?

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant Junior Grade (LTJG)

Post Number:  1367
February 29, 2012 3:34:26 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
Nice to hear from you, Gurlanin.  You had progressed to Chapter 3 of Flight School... I'm inclined to let you complete that assignment (make a sample report), and then I'll place you in an active squadron.  But I'll also say that your long absence concerns me: RL always comes first, and there's no problem with taking a leave of absence from the VE, but we do ask that whenever possible, you post here on the ComNet to let us know that you're going to be away for awhile.  Please, in future, try to communicate with your fellow club members, okay.  Go to Chapter 3 of Flight School (you can find the link in my initial post in this thread), complete the assignment, and we'll get you placed. 

SCAP/LTJG Wyl Trykon/SMC Surprise/TF:B/1Flt/FC/VEN/VE
CNT/LTJG Wyl "Trick" Trykon/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM]/(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/JRN Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  9
March 20, 2012 12:36:56 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
So who do I send it to? You? Where do I post it?

Echelon
ComNet Member

Echelon

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  317
Total Posts:  546
March 20, 2012 3:09:24 PM    View the profile of Echelon 
Just private message it to Tryk or my self, and you'll be set to go.

DMG-CTRL Officer/CPO Finbar "Echelon" Bandoran/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/FC/VEN/VE

TO/CPO Finbar "Echelon" Bandoran/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

[SoA] [NAR] [CAR] [MC2] [BWC] [HNS] [MC1] [SWC] [=*ENG*=]
{VehM} {SfrM} {HypM} {Astr} {LogS} {Shut} {Gunn}

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post Number:  1441
March 21, 2012 4:43:36 AM    View the profile of Trykon 
Actually, I'm going to ask you to PM me the report, and post a copy of your report here in this training thread too, Gurlanin.  Your training cycle's been a bit irregular; I want to make sure you know what you need to know for active duty.

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC]/(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  10
March 21, 2012 5:10:26 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Yes, sir.

OOC:
Going away for the weekend, so won't have a chance between now and ... probably Tuesday or Wednesday next week ...

Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  11
May 19, 2012 6:31:19 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
OOC:
Sorry for the no posting for a while. I've been really busy. I am going to try my hardest to become more active.

Trykon
ComNet Marshal

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Adept
[VE-NAVY] Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post Number:  1556
May 19, 2012 1:51:34 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
As I said, real life comes first.  When you get time, we'd love to welcome you back.  If and when you're ready, post here saying so, and we'll start your training back up. 

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][HNS][DSM][SWC][1NS][VC:B][LoM][VC:S][NC][GWC]/(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/AD Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  13
February 7, 2013 6:20:16 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I'm back, and reporting for duty.

Hades
ComNet Marshal

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  718
February 7, 2013 6:23:58 AM    View the profile of Hades 
Good to see you back - albeit somewhat delayed. Go ahead and re-post your bio and wiki-link here, and we'll see about getting you up and running ASAP!

Chief of Naval Training, 54th Squadron Commander

SCO | ESN "Hades" | A-1 | S:54 "Gundark" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE
CNT | ESN "Hades" | PLF Cappadocious | VENA | VEN | VE

VENI

[MC1] [CBV] [CAR] [BWC] [HNS] [SWC] [NSM] [LoM] [CC:2] [DSM] [1NS]
{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA}  (=*SWC*=) {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}

Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  14
February 7, 2013 6:28:13 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
Badouche. Here it is. Currently updating the wiki page, but anyway: http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/Grent_Notimo

Hades
ComNet Marshal

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  719
February 7, 2013 6:30:41 AM    View the profile of Hades 
As Tryk said earlier, you'll need a bit more detail to your back story - but that will come in time! For now, you're clear to post on the Raptor thread again, just to make sure you haven't lost your spark

SCO | ESN "Hades" | A-1 | S:54 "Gundark" | W:101 "Blade" | ISD Adjudicator | TF:Aurek | 2nd Fleet | SC | VEN | VE

VENI

Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  15
February 7, 2013 6:46:00 AM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
The training simulator? Again? *le sigh*

Hades
ComNet Marshal

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  720
February 7, 2013 6:52:54 AM    View the profile of Hades 
You've been gone a long time, Crewman

VENI

Hades
ComNet Marshal

Hades

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  745
February 10, 2013 10:20:28 PM    View the profile of Hades 
That's good enough to pass, Crewman - now time to report! The template can be found here and should be sent via Private Message to myself and Dunny. One last thing, do you have a preference as to which squadron you're in?

VENI

{INTER} {SfrM} {XenMA} {GrAt} (=*SWC*=) (=TG=) {AFM} {HypM} {0Gee} {INFL}
Gurlanin
ComNet n00b

Gurlanin

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  17
February 12, 2013 5:09:51 PM    View the profile of Gurlanin 
I do not know what squadrons are available. And who is Dunny?

Dunny
ComNet Member

Dunny

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  382
Total Posts:  438
February 12, 2013 6:38:21 PM    View the profile of Dunny 
That'd be me!

The two Starfighter Squadrons available are as follows:

50th 'Chlovi'
Modelled on the classic Starfighter Squadron, the 50th train vigorously in teamwork and dogfighting, developing new and innovative strategies to make them an Ace unit, much like Rogue Squadron.

58th 'Strill'
A radical new unit built from from those too eccentric to fit in any other unit, Strill specialises in being just as deadly out of the cockpit as they are in it - a Commando team much like Wraith Squadron.
SCO|SCPO Sam "Dunny" Dunn
Cobalt One|S:50 "Chlovi" W:101 "Blade"
ISD Adjudicator|TF:A|2FL|SC|VEN|VE

Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Academy > Reporting for Training  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:01:26 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 235  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >