Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > HSC 2010 story: Shatterpoint

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   
Author
Topic:  HSC 2010 story: Shatterpoint
Corvin
ComNet Member

Corvin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  586
Total Posts:  818
  RE: HSC 2010 story: Shatterpoint
December 24, 2010 11:52:12 AM    View the profile of Corvin 
"Republican scum." Corvin muttered, kicking a bowl-helmet out of it way. It skittered across the stained trench bottom and bounced off one wall.

"Don't these frakkers ever learn?" he ranted. "Clumping up in little groups in a trench?"

"You talk too much," Higgins commented. "Contact!"

The Republic trooper, startled, squeezed off a quick shot, then vanished back around the corner. The shot went wild, pinging off the trench lip.

"After him!" Corvin yelled, charging around the bend. The shooter was there, weapon raised. So were three others, one of whom was holding a boxy, four-barreled weapon. An FC-1 launcher, designed for trench fighting.

"Frak," Corvin managed as he lunged, and then the flechette launcher went off.

Corvin felt metal shards dig into the top of his helmet as the launcher fired again. All he could hear was a dull ringing noise, with an icon on his visor warning him of audio receptor overload. He certainly felt like he'd gone deaf.

He'd dropped his rifle, thrown himself at the trooper with the launcher, and managed to knock it aside before it fired. Now, it was all he could to do keep it pointed at a wall as he grappled with the Republic trooper; the man was well trained and had a better grip on the weapon.

There was a flash of light as it discharged again, durasteel shards cutting into the trench walls. Behind them, the other troopers stood uncertainly, unable to get a clear shot off in the narrow trench.

Corvin took one hand off the weapon, waited for the man to start and bring it back down, then slammed his helmet faceplate into his face. The Republic staggered back into his comrades, bowl-helmet half-off and nose broken, and his launcher's aim swinging wildly.

Then the trench was filled with gunfire as the two Imperial scouts opened up. Higgins fired short, precise bursts that sent two of the Republic troopers sprawling. The second scout downed the last trooper with a single, muffled shot from his rifle, catching the Zabrak in the neck. The alien trooper dropped silently.

"Great planning there." Higgins commented.

"I had things under control." Corvin protested, picking up his slugthrower rifle from where he'd dropped it. The Republics had been using what looked like a similar pattern with a starbird crest etched onto the side and a bayonet mount. Nearby, there was the roar of a flamer going off, and Corvin jerked his head around.

"But there's plenty to go around!"
ETRP/CPL Corvin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[ESC09][AoT][IH][HotC]
~BLACKJACK~
*Vehicle Pilot*
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
"The Committee has also voted to change the name of the position, simply because no one liked the fact that its accronym spelled out Noo. "
Saphira Striker
ComNet Veteran

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1359
Total Posts:  1385
December 24, 2010 1:49:28 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
OOC:
BlackJack

An explosion from a frag  sent shrapnel and crystal flying through the trench.  Everyone cursed as  the NR Soldiers  raced to push them back by any means.  Their Com's were crackling and popping as their group  fought back by any means.

"These guys look like they would take the whole place down with them and us in it." MadMan gruffed with distaste. The man shook his head as the ringing sound from another  flash bang  came rolling through. It was enough to stop them on the Bikes and  kick themselves off. No use in getting killed that way. For the moment they were off their bikes as they were pelted with more debree.

"They might be. However, we won't let them stop us." Saphira replied. "We need to take care of this group and head back to the others."

"I wish we had the sonic grenade." MadMan grunted.

"Are you wanting to die?" she stated bluntly as he shook his head no. "You realize if we did have it and it was used this close the damage would be great. The crystal would crumble and there would be damage several miles long. We would not survive and if you did somehow, I doubt you would want to stay alive."

If he had something he wanted to say, it was too late as she raised her SCOPE and sent off several blind shots. Swearing she heard a gurgled scream in the process. What they needed to do was get back on their bikes. Running back was not happening, they would then have to worry about an attack from behind as well as from the front.

Perhaps if they could get a few shots with the launchers. It was risky, but then that was half the fun. If they aimed them just right and far enough back, they might be able to have the walls crumble enough to block the enemy and still keep their hides.

"I have an idea. I need a distraction while someone gets on their bike and shoot out a couple of  rounds from the launcher. If we can block them we are good." Saphira explained.

"Uh, what about  the whole exploding and death talk?" MadMan asked.

"If we aim carefully and far enough back, we should get little damage.. I hope." 

"You HOPE?"

"I think it might work." One of their Scouts spoke up over the array of blaster fire. The only thing keeping them  from being killed was a  short rock poking out of the sides to narrow the  trench  for a few seconds going in. As well as their  bikes that were now scorched. "It's risky and you're all crazy, but  if we don't move now they will end up hitting the Bikes just right.."

"MadMan, you have the Launcher. You're going to have to make it fast and be precise. I'll take mine and cover you with the chain gun." Saphira ordered. 

"We'll watch your backs as well." The Scout replied.  Everyone nodded.

"On the count of three we go." Saph  stated as she slung her SCOPE over her shoulder.

TRP/FSG Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LOR][EW:1C][ES:1C][BC][IH][MRT][DoH-P][CCA]

Author/JRN Saphira Striker/Lotaith/VET/VE
[This message has been edited by Saphira Striker (edited December 24, 2010 4:23:00 PM)]
Beta40
ComNet Cadet

Beta40

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  232
Total Posts:  362
December 24, 2010 2:01:05 PM    View the profile of Beta40 
OOC:
RAIDERS

Jack a drill and crash it into a cavern, Beta thought to himself. Truly it was the only thing he had heard from the previous conversation.

“You,” Beta said as he pointed his rifle at an uncomfortable looking ARC trooper, “you’re coming with me.” Everyone else formed their groups as Beta and the commando started making their way to one of the drill placed on almost the opposite side of the cavern that they were in. They left the cover of one of the crystals and bolted for the drill.

“Maybe we should have thought this through a little bit better first,” The ARC mentioned as they stopped and looked onward towards the wall of miners with various weapons such as laser cutters, hammers and pickaxes started moving towards them.

“Over here,” Beta said back to the trooper and gestured towards another crystal beside them. They then both took positions on opposite sides of the crystal and started mowing down the miners and rebels. As soon as there was a gap close to the grease fire they gave up their position and sprinted through it. The miners were mostly confused and started to run towards the larger target of the rest of the squad behind them.

Now that we got past them we can go for the drill.

They finally got to the drill and both hopped on it. Beta, as a vehicle crewman, hopped into the driver’s seat and as soon as he put his foot on the gas, nothing happened.

“Damn, we need a key for the ignition,” Beta yelled at the commando who was shaking at this point, “What’s the problem now?”

“We got some company,” he replied and pointed at the group of rebels exiting one of the nearby caverns.

Frak, just what we need right now, a drill that we don’t have the key for the ignition and a group of frakking rebels with rifles heading right for us, Beta thought, but I can hotwire this thing, and the ARC can serve some purpose…

“Hey you,” Beta called out and the trooper looked at him, “you cover me and make sure those rebels don’t shoot us and I’ll hotwire this thing.” The ARC nodded and turned around and Beta started going right to work with hotwiring the drill. After a small bit the engine roared to life and the rebels took notice.

“We’re going loud!” Beta said as the drill took off with him driving and the ARC covering them from the back of the drill and they drove right at the cavern were the rebels came out of. There was a clanging sound as bullets were ricocheting off of the front of the drill.

“Just hold on a little longer…” He said just before the ARC was shot off of the drill.

Damn I’m on my own now. Beta then started purposefully driving the drill into the rebels, running them over and killing them, until the drill crashed and became lodged into the mouth of the cavern. He looked behind him and saw a trail of blood and watched the other small groups also on their ways to doing the same thing for the other three caverns.
PFC Beta40

TPR/PFC Beta40/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  487
Total Posts:  710
December 24, 2010 8:32:41 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
OOC:
RAIDERS

"And you are coming with me." Havock said as she pulled Brightstar down with her.

"Do I even need to ask why?" The red head asked as she threw a throwing knife, with great accuracy, at a miner focusing his attention on Valthir's cover.  She furrowed her brows in thought. She had always known that she was deadly accurate with throwing weapons but she had always had to aim, had to see what she was targeting. What she'd just done was something that a skilled veteran would have done. Bright put it aside for now.

"Only if you want an answer." The squad leader said signaling for Bright to cover her.

Bright hunched down and picked off any of the remaining miners that thought that Havock would be an easy kill. "Bonebreaker, Iceman,  follow those two. And be reminded that if Havock is killed, Command will be very upset." Bright heard Drayson call to two of his ARC troopers. Two confirmations signaled that she had two ARC troopers on her six.

She looked back and signaled for one of them, wearing the symbol of a combat medic, to cover her. The trooper nodded and took up a position. Bright surged forward trusting the ARC medic, she assumed to be Bonebreaker, with her life. She shivered at that thought but then she did make it in one piece to Havock's side.

"Drayson, sent a medic with us." Bright said with a chuckle. Havock's head snapped to stare at Bright. "What?"

"That has to be the first time I've ever heard you laugh while on a mission." Havock marveled.

Bright tilted her head but kept her eyes watchful. The least she could do was return the favor.

Luckily the two RAIDERS and two ARC troopers were able to continue their trek into the cave entrance that would lead them to where ever Havock was dragging her to this time.

"Do you seriously just follow her blindly like that all the time?" A voice said from her right.

"What you don't trust her?" Bright asked thoughtfully.

The trooper looked down at his weapon for a moment. "I don't trust her not to get herself killed." There was more in the man's tone and it chafed Bright in just the wrong way.

She may not be able to remember Havock, but Bright didn't take to kindly to any insult that may have been implied against the woman who had saved her that day in Blackfyre. She kept the growl she felt growing in her belly in check. "Look, Havock may not seem like much to you, but to those of us who serve with and under her there is no one who will watch your back more."

With that Bright switched places with the medic in front of her and walked side by side with Havock. The squad leader didn't say a single word but she seemed to walk just a little straighter.

OOC:
Merry Christmas, look a post from me! Havock and Brightstar are heading to save the captured trooper.
TRP/GSG Brightstar D'Jonoc/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE[SRP][SCA][AS-2][ES1][ES1]{RES}[EW2]

"For your sake, I really hope that isn't a challenge."

[This message has been edited by Brightstar (edited December 24, 2010 8:36:47 PM)]
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  768
Total Posts:  823
December 24, 2010 8:39:49 PM    View the profile of RK 
Blood, heat, and sweat. It was a combination that only a soldier in dire need of adrenaline could appreciate. Time was running out, the heat was building, and RK was getting tired, the sweat kept stinging his eyes, and the blood that was now accumulating from the various bruises he had received in the fight with the miners was starting to bother him, but he ignored it, instead he used it; just like he had in the past.

“RK!! What is your lazy butt doing just sitting there?” Havock’s menacing voice came into his ear, it wasn’t something he had yet gotten used to.

“Well, I’m kind of pinned! Not much I can do” RK replied, knowing it wasn’t true. If he really wanted to he could take out every one of the guys who had their plasters trained on him, but he was just being lazy.

“What part of get to a drill don’t you u nderstand?!” Havock was angry, nothing out of the ordinary.

“Yes Si… I mean Ma’am!”

“Your hopeless RK.”

“I know! heading out!” RK whipped his rifle up pointing it at the first guy he saw, he pulled the trigger and the man dropped, after two more shots he began his sprint, he was 15 meters away.  nobody is stupid enough to shoot at a moving target, they miss this whole place could come down. Yet, even with the thought, RK realized they’re were those dumb enough, three shots buzzed in front of him, he ignored what they would do and just kept his eyes on the drill.

When he finally got to the drill, time seemed to slow as he slid behind it, as two shots hit his leg, he winced at the pain and shot back. once he was sure the man was dead, He climbed up inside and was shocked to see that the driver left the key in. Wonder if everyone else has had as much luck as this. RK jumped up into the seat and turned the ignition. It started up with a loud roar, at first RK jumped, but luckily this thing was built for the mines, so no crystal would be falling anytime soon.

“Okay, my beast is up and running! Waiting for your signal Hav!” RK announced.

OOC:
okay, so I'm rusty, haven't done this in almsot a year.. wait it's only been three months. okay, so only in three months, but if there is aproblem with this post, tell me!
ASL/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2] [CoR] [DoH]

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." -Byran(Liam Neeson), Taken 2009

"A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when a true hero arrives, the world will honor him." -'Believe' Halo 3 ad

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."- Optimus Prime
[This message has been edited by RK (edited December 24, 2010 9:36:43 PM)]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited December 29, 2010 6:49:57 PM)]
Havock
ComNet Marshal

Havock

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1096
Total Posts:  2413
December 24, 2010 9:46:29 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Havock didn't know the names of the ARC troopers that came with her, she did however hear that one was a medic, and the irony of that was not lost on her. She almost had to wonder if Karash had whispered something to Commander Drayson.

The route to the drill was fairly uneventful. She had a conversation with RK but other than that their drill was left unguarded. Havock climbed up the ladder to the drivers seat and waited for the others to follow suit and fill the rest of the seats in the cramped cabin. Without the sequence or key to start up the oversized vehicle she had to use the wires which took several tense moments. The ARC troopers and Bright were keeping watch and she heard several shots being fired probably at miners that simply could not get the point.

The drill started with a jerk and she pulled it forward in its sluggish way toward the cavern. She was about to hit the gas and jam the vehicle into the entrance when something caught her eye. The lights came up to reveal a woman in a trooper uniform being held at knifepoint by four miners.

"Change of plans folks. Looks like I get to save a damsel."

"What?"

Havock jumped out of the cabin ignoring Bright's protests. She approached the men and met their icy glare. "Care to let the lady go."

The ARC troopers and Bright followed quickly trying to catch up to the squad leader that was not being talked out of the direct approach she was taking. "Dammit Havock, are you always this insane?"

"Her name is....Havock? We are so screwed." The anonymous ARC trooper whispered to the medic. Havock could hear all of them but ignored them as she continued to stare the men down.

The miner, who was clearly in charge of this ill thought out operation, jerked forward keeping his grip on the woman. "Get us out of here and we'll let her go, we don't walk out of here she doesn't either."

Havock let her eyes wonder over the uniform that had a clear Blackjack insignia on the shoulder. Someone must have gotten lost on their way to their objective. "Okay."

Bright, the ARC troopers, and the miners all spoke at the same time. "Okay?"

She shrugged. "Sure, would you like a complementary massage on your way out of the mine. I'm sure we could rustle up a cold beverage as well."

Havock could feel Brightstar face palming behind her as she stepped towards the men and the now very confused trooper.

"You think you're funny, you're not going to think its funny when I paint the walls with her blood."

"Really? You think red is the color for this cave?"

That was it. The men were distracted enough to relax just enough to look around as Havock spoke. Luckily Bright may not have had all of her memory but she must have remembered a few nonverbal codes. Havock dropped to her knee just as Bright and the two ARC troopers fired four shots takeing the shocked men down.

The squad leader turned and winked then raised her hand to the frazzled trooper. "Hi I'm Havock, and you are?"
Ayme 'Havock' Katash
1st Lieutenant || WILDCARD Platoon Commander|| RAIDERS Squad Leader || Osk Freelancer || Development Staff
PC||'1LT HAVOCK||1PLT||1COM||1BAT||1RGT||VEA||VE
{RES} {MRT} [EW1] [DoH-P] [AS-1] [BC] [RoT] [RoM] [KAD] [GS] [AoT] [HoTC] [ESC09]
TRN||INI HAVOCK||Lopen||VEDJ
FRL||PRT HAVOCK||Eyesore||Charlotte||Osk Imperial Network Star Wars Image

Certified Vehicle Crewman

[This message has been edited by Havock (edited December 25, 2010 11:36:33 AM)]
Raziel
ComNet Marshal

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1601
Total Posts:  2873
December 26, 2010 2:29:32 AM    View the profile of Raziel 
I'm going to have limited access for a few days now, here's a few guidelines:
The emplacements guns on the second line are holding the at ats at bay, these must be taken out so they can punch a hole in the bases defences

The base consists of several buildings surrounded by an outer wall which is manned by troopers with machine guns. The featureless terrain around it means the AT-ATs or some other armor is the ONLY possible way to make a breach, soldierd won't stand a chance on foot alone.

Within the walls are three main buildings and A few warehouses. The circular structure in the images in the extraction centre, which connects to the mines. A tunnel leads from that to the main production centre. Between them both lies the barracks and command tower. (Which is really just a spare bu)ilding turned into a makeshift command centre

Remember we outnumber them by quite a lot, they have the better position and are killing 4 of our men for every one of their own. Try and reflect that in your posts, we're not superheroes scope armour CANNOT stop a 7.62mm round that hits it square on!
MAJ/Raziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/(WoS1)(VP1)(VP2)[BoA][EW1][CDS][IH][GC][RoT][IG][SoS][GroM][PoC]
ARC Commander: Alpha, Beta Squads

"God does not play dice with the universe" - Albert Einstein
"Who are you to tell God what to do with his dice?" - Bohr
"God does not play dice with the universe. He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." - Terry Pratchett
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE (WoS1) (VP1) (VP2)
Corvin
ComNet Member

Corvin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  587
December 26, 2010 11:23:03 AM    View the profile of Corvin 
Corvin rounded the corner in time to see a fire team of Republic troopers going up in flames. And there, the blaze licking merrily at his boots, was Garryll. Tanus was at his back, shaking what looked like bits of skull from his warhammer.

"Good to see you, boss." Corvin called. "Republics burn well?'

"Like sticks on a chem fire." the Blackjack SL grinned. He nodded to the two scouts. Grenade launchers roared somewhere nearby.

"Looks like the last few've holed up in the back trenches. We finish them off, call in your squads."

"An inspired plan, First Sergeant." Higgins said dryly.

"Isn't it just?" Garryll responded, with no hint of irony. "Come on, then. Time to flush out the rest."

The situation went out the airlock in an instant.

Republic troopers poured into the trench, firing blindly to cover their advance. Slugs pinged all around Corvin, as he and the other troopers snapped off bursts of return fire. From the com, the same thing was happening across the trenches, desperation leading the Republics to try another charge.

"I'm ou-" the second scout began, and was cut off in midword as a slug caught him in his neck-glove. He fell backwards, head at an impossible angle and chestplate speckled with red. Higgins knelt next to him, checked his vitals, then shook his head and continued firing. A Republic dropped as the shot took him in the stomach, still struggling to rise as his comrades advanced past him.

"Get to cover!" Garryll barked, raising his weapon and pulling the secondary trigger. The flamer coughed, barked, and finally spat out a cloud of black smoke. "Empty," the Squad leader cursed,  firing a burst of slugs as he spoke, then starting to fiddle with a replacement canister.

The trench shimmered with reflected light as the firefight continued. There were sandbags lining the tops, Corvin noticed. A few had taken hits and fallen apart, and the sand crunched under Corvin's boots as he pressed against the wall, rifle butt slamming into his shoulderpad as he fired. Higgins had found a hollow, and was firing from that.

"Frakking rebels." Corvin spat, spraying a burst at a Republic trooper rising from cover. He dropped with most of his head missing. "Where'd this lot come from?"

No one answered as the firefight raged on. Their charge's momentum lost, the Republics had made for whatever cover they could find, and mostly kept their heads down. The problem was, they were doing a good job of keeping the Blackjacks' heads down as well.

"Frak this." Corvin muttered as another burst of slugfire flew past. The walls were threaded with cracks now, rainbows of reflected light playing across the troopers.
~BLACKJACK~
*Vehicle Pilot*
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
"The Committee has also voted to change the name of the position, simply because no one liked the fact that its accronym spelled out Noo. "
Garryll Gates
ComNet Veteran

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1431
Total Posts:  2159
December 27, 2010 3:35:41 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
OOC:
Blackjack

Curses punctuated each near-miss, the 7.62mm rounds pinging and cracking off of or into the crystal walls that made up the trench. Gates cursed, dropping the reload flame canister. He reached down, bullets creasing the air all over the place, one close enough to paint his gauntlet black across its path.

Finally, he managed to grab the container and eject the spent one. It clattered to the trench floor, bubbles of unused fuel dribbling out. With a hearty thunk, Gates slapped the new load in and flicked the safety off. Gates slid down the trench, back to the side of the wall where the most fire was coming from, and then closed his eyes. Prayers, mental crossing of fingers and a few choice words flashed through his head, before he stood up and poked the rifle over the trench lip and let loose.

Each NR trooper was easily distinguishable, crosses of light highlighting their constantly firing slug-rifles, the clatter of the rounds a stark reminder of the gory possibilities a bullet carried over a laser-bolt. Both could kill you, but one would be a heck of a lot more painful.

First, Gates let a spurt loose on the closest enemies, catching one and causing another two to scramble away for cover. He ducked back behind the trench lip as more gunfire turned his way.

“Got their attention, at least...” Gates mumbled. Freed from the deluge of gunfire, the two Blackjacks and the surviving Scout poked their heads over and started shooting a bit more accurately.

“We’re seriously outnumbered, still,” Tanus warned, ducking back down as the NR troopers resumed firing. “We need to either withdraw or somehow kill almost all of them at once.”

“Just the thing,” Gates smiled, fishing around his backpack for the one-and-only sonic grenade issued. He held up the device, and then removed a detonator from his backpack, too. “Who’s got the best arm?”

“No one can throw it that far,” Tanus scoffed. “We need to get the damn thing closer.”

“Corvin, you, scout-”

“Higgins, sir,” replied the man.

“Yeah, you. You two, get down the trench thataway, see if you can drop it more accurately. Me’n Tanus will keep them distracted while you make your play. Here’s the detonator. Blow those sons-a-bitches halfway to hell.”

Gates placed the sonic device into Corvin’s hand and shoved him down the trench, then popped up and started shooting once again.

ESL/1SGTGarryll Gates/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [RoM][ICE][IH][CCA][BC][SRP][AS-1][ES1][CoS][EW1] {RESx3} [ESC09] [RoT] [CRoS] [AoT][CoZ]

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.
For Tadath, for the Empire.
Only in Death...does Duty end
Do not ask why you serve; only ask how
War is coming, with all its glory and all its horror
Corvin
ComNet Member

Corvin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  588
December 27, 2010 9:28:50 PM    View the profile of Corvin 
"On it, boss!" Corvin called, checking his rifle's clip before breaking into a run. The device felt clammy and heavy in his grip, as though someone had swapped it with a neutronium weight when he wasn't looking, and every bruise and cut ached. But he had his objective, and he was a Blackjack. Crazy was their specialty.

Garryll and Tanus were keeping the troopers busy; drawing most of their fire too, by the sound of it. That should help. There were more distant bursts of slugfire as Blackjacks engaged further down the line. Just a few minutes to the deadline now.

Stray slugs flew over the trench lip as Corvin sprinted down it, Higgins a step behind him. The Republics were wasting ammunition with their poor aim. It was more than a little sloppy, Corvin thought, his lip curling.

The two Imperials rounded the trench's sharp corner, and kept running. There was another gaggle of Republic troopers here, and there were shouts as they hastily opened fire.

Corvin ducked their first volley, snapped off a shot that sent one Republic sprawling, and ducked down a side passage that jutted from the rock. Higgins followed, firing as he went to discourage pursuit.

The two pushed their way through the crack, emerging into another sandbagged line. There were more shouts, more shots flying through the air. A shot skimmed his leg, and Corvin pressed himself against a wall, firing his slugrifle with his free hand.

The weapon jerked in his grip, the shots tracing a line of craters into the opposite wall, but missing the Republics. Higgins downed one trooper with a well-aimed shot to the chestplate, then ducked behind an ammunition crate as they returned fire. Corvin squeezed off another burst, then followed his example. Slugs followed him down, rattling off the crate's plating.

The Republic team's shots pinged against the crate walls. His foot pressed to its side, Corvin could feel each hit. The durasteel crate held under the volley, for now.

Foot still pressed to the crate wall, he swung his rifle out of cover, aimed, and fired. The weapon spat out a burst, one shot tinged a bright red. Corvin recognized a tracer round, signifying three shots left in the magazine, and dropped back down just as the squad adjusted their aim. AP rounds gouged craters from the opposite wall.

He glanced down at the device in his other hand. Lights along its surface flashed in an activation pattern. It was fully armed, and ready to activate. All it needed was for Higgins to press the detonator.

Corvin racked his brain for what he knew about the grenade from the briefing. Was the blast radius ten or fifteen meters on a side? What exactly would a sonic charge do to them if they were caught by it? All he knew was that they hadn't gone far enough.

"Come on!" he snapped into the com. Crouched behind a second crate, he gestured with the hand holding the charge. "We have to keep moving!"
~BLACKJACK~
*Vehicle Pilot*
Read the bloody manual!
[This message has been edited by Corvin (edited December 27, 2010 9:38:22 PM)]
Saphira Striker
ComNet Veteran

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1361
December 28, 2010 12:20:18 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
OOC:
BlackJack

A sharp pop and crackle was heard as they started to cover shoot and let the two of them move forward.  Cursing at the thought of what the frakkers had now came to mind.  About to signal MadMan to make his move, she placed one foot forward before Garryll's voice cracked through the coms.

"We need you're group here now! Corvin and Higgins are pushing forward with the big one."  Click..Click..

"You mean he has the Sonic Grenade.." It was not a question as her hand raised and they started to pull back.

"Correct. I don't need your group getting stuck in the radius. Wherever you guys are, get back now." Garryll ordered.

There was no need to say anything else. Grappling MadMan by a shoulder she yanked him back to get his attention. He turned and growled with utter annoyance. However, he relented as  they started to pull back.

"I was just going to have some fun." He semi-whined.

"Not dead ya won't. Move back. Anyone who follows take em' out! We need to hurry."  Saphira ordered franticly. The  quickest way back would be on their speeder bikes, but with their backs turned they were also an easy target.

No sooner then they pulled back, they heard feint cries over blaster fire. Thinking they had them on the run, it came as no surprise that the NR soldiers started to push forward. With a click of the heel they started to speed off. Going far enough  out of the enemy's grip for the moment they came to a halt. Having just enough room  out of a corner to  leave the bikes.  They crouched low and waited. It didn't take long as the first couple came near enough and MadMan launched himself into the fray.  There were two of them, both humanoids  who smelled of Spice and old dry sweat.

MadMan caught the first by a wrist. With a sharp twist and a jump, traded places with him. Kicking up his right foot to  land on the others knee and send him falling back. As the man went fish-mouth in shock, MadMan growled and barred his free hand and swept down from above. Catching the ruddy skin of a cheek and ripping it free from the bone. Blood  poured down as he grabbed a knife from the mans side and a quick upper cut silenced him as  the throat was torn wide open.

Dropping the body, he looked to see the other man was giving lot's of screaming and yelling. Running back towards the group that was still moving per cautiously forward.  Which was quickly extinguished  as MadMan  lifted the knife and pitched it at the back of the man with a soft thud.  As the SOB yard-saled to the ground  the others had moved forward to take out a third. A quick pitch to the man's temple and the current threat was neutralised for the next few heartbeats.

"Remind me never to piss him off." A voice came from behind them.

Saphira chuckled. "Then don't.. and that goes for me too." Giving a crooked smile behind her helm, she  watched as madman  flipped his rifle up and shot a few off. The soldiers paused as one crouched low to grab the wounded. Only to be shot square in the forehead by Saph. They  had to re-think their approach and it gave them a moment's breath to move back farther.

"Toss a stun grenade." Saphira hissed to her side at no one in particular. "That will pause them long enough to get away."

A moment later there was a zap-bang from the weapon as it went off. Cries of shock came soon after. A click of her tongue and her group moved off on their bikes. It only took a few moments at their speed to meet back up with Garryll and his group.  Their SL turned as they hopped off the bikes and  walked up.  Saphira removing her bucket  with a sly smile playing on the ends of her lips.

"About time you got here." Gar growled. 

Saph tilted her head to the left. "No hugs?" Saph murmured while she searched his face. "It feels like a lifetime sense we've seen you."

Answering back on a low enough frequency he muttered. "I'm not a hugger. Especially not to you."

A few chuckles lifted up as Madman pressed his nose into the conversation. "What about me?"  Moving quickly before Gar could move as the big kahuna gave him a hug.

Saph shook her head and pounded her fist against MadMan's back."Stop. Please. There's never a good time for that and here is certainly not the place."

MadMan let go and knew that it annoyed her. "Yes princess."

Her eyes narrowed to cold slits. "You're damn lucky we're in a fight or I'd shoot that head of yours off."

"Alright. Enough. I'll deal with you later." Gar snapped towards MadMan. Flickering his gaze to his ASL as if to say 'why can't you control him?' Saph only shrugged her shoulders.

"So, where is Corvin at now and do you need us to go help him?" Saph quarried.

TRP/FSG Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LOR][EW:1C][ES:1C][BC][IH][MRT][DoH-P][CCA]

[This message has been edited by Saphira Striker (edited December 28, 2010 12:21:33 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Saphira Striker (edited December 28, 2010 1:23:06 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Saphira Striker (edited December 29, 2010 12:05:49 AM)]
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  770
December 28, 2010 10:15:57 PM    View the profile of RK 
The engine rumbled as the thing came to life. It was a behemoth of a machine, and God only knew what this thing was capable of. Unfortunately, the thing wasn’t built for killing; it was built for mining crystal, which meant it was silent to the world around it, though for RK it was the loudest place to be in the world at the moment. The cockpit wasn’t silenced; it was almost as if all the sound was reverberated back into the control room.

“I’m in position heading to close the gap!” RK yelled into his comm, he could barely hear himself, but luckily his helmet was soundproof as well, almost.

“Read you loud and clear RK!” RK jumped to hear Bights voice came through his ear piece. Yet, he could tell he was teasing him for yelling.

“Where do you think your going hot shot.” The Arc’s voice filled RK’s ears. Crap, what does he want. RK didn’t mind the ARC, but he was tired of some of them acting more elite than they were, if it was up to him, Raiders could do this on their own.

“Getting to the gap to hopefully close the thing.” RK replied.

“Not without me.”

Then out of nowhere RK saw a flash to his right, he glanced real quick, but didn’t see anything. He kept his eyes forward, making sure he didn’t get off course and slam into the crystalline walls. It’s bad enough we are trying to close a gap, but if any little thing is disturbed we may all be buried. as RK thought about it, it might not be so bad to be buried underneath crystal, at least he’d get a royal burial, and one day when they looked for him he might be worth more than the crystal. Keep dreaming…

“RK!, you got a miner on your right!” RK heard the commander yell, but thought nothing of it, the miner couldn’t do anything to him in this hulking pile of medal. He probably drove this very machine, he knows it better than you do, you big idiot. RK glanced to the right, and saw the top of the miners head peak into the view port. He drew his rifle as the miner drew his laser cutter, it would be a interesting showdown, and RK would have to make the killing quick. He let go of the wheel and stood up, punched a hole in the view port and aimed the gun down, the miner was climbing slowly, but as soon as he saw the glass he lost his grip on the ladder, the hand gripping the blaster.

“I got him!” the commander screamed, but RK wasn’t so sure, if that guy dropped or even saw the commander he might use the cutter, and missing in this area wasn’t a good idea.

“Wait, no! If you do aim for his blaster, we can’t afford a misses shot!” It was too late, the commander was already firing, he hit the miner square in the neck, RK reached outside and gripped the man’s arm before he fell, and luckily the man hadn’t tried to activate the cutter. He pulled the man inside and set him up in the back, taking the mans cutter and stuffing it in his belt. “Commander, get you rear-end in here! I need someone to keep those guys off of me.” As soon as he said the words he heard a loud screeching noise, the instruments on the drill were going haywire, but one in particular, the pressure sensor.

“RK!!! Your getting to close the wall, get back behind the wheel.” He heard Beta scream at him. 

RK looked down at the monitors and noticed that they had sensors letting you know when you got to close on one side, and in this case his left side was drifting toward a solid crystal wall. He bounded towards the controls as the sensors started to show the gap between the drill and the wall, he yanked hard to the right on the wheel, he could feel the grinding of gears as they strained to turn at such a quick pace. this can’t be good!

“What’s going on?! RK!!!” Havock’s voice filled RK’s ears, making the moment even more frustrating.

“Hang on ma’am, brace for a cave in! Remember how it says in case of emergency in the manual, well, this could be am emergency!” RK said jokingly.

“I’ve read the manual, there better not be no-------“ Havock was cut off, without any known reason.

The whole drill was grinding as RK pulled even harder, it shouldn’t take this much to keep a machine from ramming into a wall, but with over 2,000 tons going at about 5 MPH, it was harder than it looked. He kept glancing down at the monitor, the blinking lights were beginning to calm, and the warning lights had gone cold. He relaxed for a second until he heard a loud crack and felt the drill wobble, he looked at the monitors. His rear end had clipped the crystal.

“RK! What are you doing? You r going to bring the whole cave in on us?” the commander screamed, RK just ignored him; he wasn’t the one trying to keep this hunk of metal under control.

RK stood up and looked out the back, he had gotten the drill under control, but he could see a crack in the crystal where the back end had hit. It was a miracle the cave was still standing, but this thing was built to be sound proof, maybe that had something to do with. Regardless, he had weakened that wall, any more and they might all be crushed. well, nobody else is going to be as stupid as me, so at least I know the wall will hold.

“RK…” He snapped at the sound of his name for the hundredth time, but this time it wasn’t yelling, it was calm. “….it’s Bright, everything okay in there?”

It caught him off guard for a second, but he just smiled and put the drill back on course. “Everything’s great Bright, everything’s great…..”
ASL/SSG RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2] [CoR] [DoH]

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." -Byran(Liam Neeson), Taken 2009

"A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when a true hero arrives, the world will honor him." -'Believe' Halo 3 ad

[This message has been edited by RK (edited December 29, 2010 6:55:22 PM)]
Havock
ComNet Marshal

Havock

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1099
December 29, 2010 8:17:56 AM    View the profile of Havock 
OOC:
RAIDERS

"My name is Abalar." She panted between breaths. "Where are the recruits?"

Havock was familiar with the trooper sitting on the dark crystal floor next to her. Although she had to wonder what the frack the blond was talking about. "Abalar...this is not the academy."

"No I know that." She sighed and climbed to her feet trying to see past the drill and into the mine. There was a commotion, which included some gunfire and what sounded like a cave in. "I was escorting some recruits to your location, Khalldryn and I were, they graduated and it was more cost effective for Khall to fly them here and for me to help get them to their new SL."

A few reports started flashing by Havock's memory. One in particular about the possibility of opening a new squad suddenly seemed to stagnate before her eyes longer than the others. "Eclipse...Skarr, right. Well this is peachy."

The squad leader quickly checked the sergeants injuries and handed her the silenced rifle in her hands. Abalar looked at Havock strangely for a moment then watched as she pulled out a silenced pistol of some type. "This'll work," she lifted the pistol to indicate what she was talking about. "Thing just over heats like a sonofabitch. Keeps burning my hands, fraking annoying really. Okay follow me and keep talking Sergeant."

"Talking about what?"

They reached the drill and took up a defensive position near Brightstar who had been covering them during their brief repose from fighting. "Why the frak you would bring green ass recruits to the middle of a battlefield."

"Havock...that drill its the one RK was driving." She leaned over the red headed trooper to see a drill half buried in the powdered remains of a crystal cave. She started to rhythmically bang her head softly into the drill right next to her and began to compose a very stern speech for the next mission briefing.

"What’s going on?! RK!!!"

The comm channel was filled with static and ambient noise, which told her that the cave was still collapsing around the trooper she was speaking too. "Hang on ma’am, brace for a cave in! Remember how it says in case of emergency in the manual, well, this could be an emergency!"

“I’ve read the manual, there better not be -------“ Havock was cut off as she watched three troopers in what must have been brand new off the Imperial Store rack SCOPE armor. Getting their position was a good thing, the fact that they were about to run right into a group of miners just out of their line of sight, not so good. "Dammit all to...Abalar, I found your recruits. Academy pay for funeral services?"

Havock jumped over the large track of wheels that had been keeping her from being shot into the open mine just on the other side of the drill. "Havock, what are you doing?"

"Raising a little hell, having a little fun, oh and saving some wayward recruits. Wanna come along ladies?"

Brightstar was less that amused but she jumped over and took up a professional cover fire position on Havock's right flank. Abalar hesitated a moment then joined them, she had the look of someone dropped into a mental facility. Havock was kinda used to that look though so she didn't let it phase her as she ran from crate to crate making her way to the recruits. "If you have a comm channel for them, you may want to at least warn them they are about to be ambushed....and well shit the miners picked up some weapons probably from the fallen Republic soldiers. Joy." 

OOC:

WTF is wrong with Havvie? Nothing, here's the deal.

n00bs who where placed in TBA squad your squad is called Eclipse (rather nice, good name, excellent squad) your SL is Skarr (say hi). So here's what you're doing:

Eclipse

You were brought into a crystal cave full of what looks like the end result of a heated battle with Khalldryn and Abalar. Once you reached the mine you got jumped by some miners that grabbed Abalar and followed Khall looking for Havock or Skarr to report to. you are headed in the correct direction now, but you are about to get a comm from Abalar telling you to hold position or something about the fact that you're about to get shot by pissed off miners with blasters.

After the miners have been dealt with you will regroup with the others at the forward position which is basically near the middle of the mine behind some equipment that provides cover as we shoot into the cave that leads up to the Republic Base (which is pouring out with Republic Troopers at the moment).

RAIDERS

Once you have done what you need to do with the drill you should head back to the forward position with the other ARC troopers. If you would like to help either RK dig out of his self inflicted cave in or Havvie with the n00bs feel free but head towards that position.

Oh and Abs if you are out there, you would recognize Bright but she wouldn't know you at all, head injury caused some amnesia in our last story.

Everyone Else

Eclipse is a separate squad so NO Havock is not doubling up points here. Any posts/graphics/games completed by Eclipse troopers goes to the Eclipse point total. That includes posts/graphics/games done by Skarr. Yes this seems sudden but it was going to happen after the HSC anyways and I decided it might as well just...happen. Any complaints can be PMed to Havoc, thats H-a-v-o-c, Havoc
Ayme 'Havock' Katash
1st Lieutenant || WILDCARD Platoon Commander|| RAIDERS Squad Leader || Osk Freelancer || Development Staff
{RES} {MRT} [EW1] [DoH-P] [AS-1] [BC] [RoT] [RoM] [KAD] [GS] [AoT] [HoTC] [ESC09]

Corvin
ComNet Member

Corvin

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  590
December 29, 2010 12:21:43 AM    View the profile of Corvin 
"Frak, frak, frak!" Corvin swore as he sprinted down the trench, each word punctuated by slugs slamming into the walls around him. The Republic troopers might be deluded rabble, but the trench was narrow and their aim was improving. Higgins was a step behind him, something catching the sunlight as he tossed it over his shoulder at their pursuers.

A moment later, the frag grenade went off with a crump behind them, and the gunfire abruptly stopped. Corvin felt something nick his calf and a jolt of pain shot up his leg, but he didn't stop running.

There were two Republic troopers picking their way around the bend up ahead, their weapons lowered as they picked their way around debris. They froze as the two Imperials rounded the corner, then started to raise their carbines.

Higgins' rifle barked, and the trooper on the left collapsed in a spray of blood, the 7.62mm round shredding his neck. There was a sharp report as the other Republic trooper fired, and Higgins staggered back, a look of surprise on his face as the shot tore through his side and he dropped his rifle.

Corvin finally squeezed the trigger, and the weapon shuddered in his grip as he emptied the AP clip one-handed. At this range, there was no way to miss. The man writhed and shook under multiple impacts, then collapsed in a ruined heap as the trigger clacked empty. That had been his last clip.

"And frak you too." Corvin spat at the corpse, letting the depleted clip free. It clattered onto the trench floor.

Behind them, Corvin could hear shouts and the ringing of boots of crystal. He dropped his empty rifle, fumbling with the knife sheathed at his belt.

Higgins shook his head at Corvin's glance, waving him off with the hand holding the detonator. He'd knelt by one of the troopers, and picked up one of their slug carbines with one hand.

"Just a graze," he gasped. "We have to move."

Corvin was about to reply when there was a yell, and a burst of slugs embedded themselves in the wall next to his head. Higgins spat something incoherent, and dropped the Republic with a burst from the carbine. His other hand was clutched tightly to his side.

He tossed Corvin the carbine, who awkwardly caught it by the handgrip, then scooped up his fallen rifle. The shouting definitely sounded closer now.

"Move!" Higgins yelled, staggering to his feet with only a touch of awkwardness and stepping over the rubble. "Move, damn you!!"

Another Republic trooper appeared, opening fire as soon as he saw them. The burst went wide, shattering the crystal wall face and showering the area with fragments. Corvin didn't hesitate, sending the Zabrak sprawling with a burst of slugfire. Then he ran.

The two troopers picked their way down the trench section. Part of the crystal walls had actually collapsed here, and massive chunks of the material were scattered along the trench floor. One section of wall had given way and been piled into a crude ramp.

"Here!" Higgins yelled. "This should do it!"

"Are you sure?" Corvin called, skidding to a stop and hefting the sonic charge. Behind them, there were cracks as still-more Republic troops poured into the section and opened fire.

"Just throw it before we get killed!"

Corvin shrugged, then strode up the ramp and threw the charge into the air. It spun end over end, then landed in the middle of a large crystal cluster between two trenches.

"Run!" Higgins yelled, hand raised and thumb hovering over the detonator. Corvin didn't need to be told twice, and the two troopers fled down the trench line as Republic slugfire exploded around them.

Three sections down, Higgins pressed the detonator. For a moment, nothing seemed to happen. Then there was a loud, high-pitched keening noise, which quickly intensified into a deafening, all-drowning buzz. Corvin doubled over in pain, hands scrabbling at his head as his helmet's audio receptors burned out with a sudden pop.

Cracks were appearing in the trench around him, long crooked lines in the walls and floors. All he could hear was the ringing, and the tinkle of shattering crystal. Glittering shards were dropping to the ground around him, crumbling into dust as they hit.

As suddenly as it had started, the noise stopped. A strange humming in his ears, Corvin pulled his hands off his helmet and got back to his feet. The trench was in ruins, with meter-long sections reduced to dust and rubble. His helmet visor had shut down, and it was strangely quiet, with only the humming noise to break the silence.

"Higgins!" Corvin called. He didn't hear anything. Turning, he saw the scout trooper standing there, helmet off and mouthing something. Strangely, the other trooper didn't seem to hear him.

"Higgins!" Corvin repeated. Again, still nothing but the humming.

Then he saw the trench. More accurately, he saw what had been the trench he'd run down moments earlier. Where there had been two walls of crystal and side passages on either side, there was nothing, just a sinkhole stretching across a dozen meters.

There was a neat, almost circular section of crystal plain that had simply ceased to be, trenches and troopers and guns vanishing from sight. Loose boulders and pieces of crystal were still falling silently into the rubble pile below.

"Well," Corvin muttered, the words unheard even by his own ears. "Huh. So that's what a sonic charge does."

The thought struck him that this probably qualified as at least "halfway to hell" and he grinned.
~BLACKJACK~
*Vehicle Pilot*
Read the bloody manual!
[This message has been edited by Corvin (edited December 29, 2010 12:25:26 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Corvin (edited December 29, 2010 12:28:02 AM)]
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  774
December 29, 2010 10:08:04 PM    View the profile of RK 
OOC:
RAIDERS

The crystal sparkled like a thousand stars around the control room of the drill. Some of it had made its way into the cockpit, but most of it kept to itself on the outside, crushing around the drill. Luckily, it s was as light as glass, and the cave in was the whole mine, or at least from what RK could tell, but he had to get out of this thing one way or another.

“I hope there is somebody out there, if not that would really suck be the only one alive.” RK asked, hoping that he wasn’t wrong.

“Yea, we are here, the cave in is only around you, smooth move Casanova.” Beta’s voice filled RK’s ears.

“Alright, I know, not my finest moment, but can you get me the FRAK out of here!!!”

“Kinda busy! Your on your own.”

Well, thanks buddy, I love you too, when I get out of here I’m going to take you out for drinks and then rip your head off to get my money back! RK smiled at the thought, which surprisingly was quite relaxing. Still, regardless he had to get out of this thing and figure out what the heck was going on outside. He stood up slowly, hoping that the rest of the crystal that hadn’t coming would; if it did he’d have cuts up to his neck and crystal flowing through his veins for ages. Then he really would be worth something.

Okay, so lets see, I have a gun that shoots, a fist, and a laser cutter…… now that’s a catch RK gripped the cutter that was dangling from his belt, he took it in his hand and hit the button. He heard a fizz and then a silent pop, the cutter was out of energy or had been damaged in the battle. Great no wonder the miner never used it, it was only meant to scare. Now what?

“Anyone else out there?! I’m starting to be buried in crystal.” RK sighed audibly out loud, if anyone else wasn’t busy.

“Ah, stop your complaining! I’m on my way, just let me take care of a few things.” Betas voice was heard again through his mic, it wasn’t to comforting, but at least he was making some effort.

“Okay, I’ll hang tight, be careful!” RK sat down in the farthest corner from the window that he’d broken open earlier, he wanted to make sure that Beta didn’t take his head off unfortunately Beta didn’t know where he was at. Great…

It seemed like hours before any sign of Beta making for a heroic rescue, not that RK was in any real danger, but on the contrary he wasn’t in the nicest of places at moment, regardless of how much money was sitting around him. It was in his thoughts he could hear noises outside, the muffled firing of a gun and a laser cutter being activated. Oh Gosh Beta, what are you doing?

“Hang on RK! Daddy’s coming!” It was the voice of Beta, one only a mother could love.

OOC:
I love you Beta!

[This message has been edited by RK (edited December 29, 2010 10:09:07 PM)]
Beta40
ComNet Cadet

Beta40

Post Number:  236
December 30, 2010 12:18:57 AM    View the profile of Beta40 
OOC:
RAIDERS

“Kinda busy! You’re on your own.” Beta said jokingly as he shot a miner in the head while making his way over to the pile of crystal overtop of the drill that RK foolishly crashed. He started to jog over then checked over his shoulder to see what he just shot. Beta doubled back when he saw that the miner he shot had a laser cutter when he died. He picked up the cutter out of the puddle of blood that had previously flowed through the man’s body. Beta looked at the laser cutter that was dripping, shrugged, and then wiped it off on the clothes of the miner. He then turned to where he had shot the original grease tank with the flare and saw another, much smaller one, beside it. He ran over and grabbed it.

So what can I do with this… Beta started to think.

“Anyone else out there?! I’m starting to be buried in crystal.” RK said over the com as Beta had started to drift off in his thoughts.

Oh frak, I forgot about him! Beta thought, “Ah, stop your complaining! I’m on my way, just let me take care of a few things.”

“Okay, I’ll hang tight, be careful!” RK replied. He then took the gun strap off of his gun and used it to attach the laser cutter and the grease tank to his back. Beta found the wreck off in the distance and ran over to it. By the time he got to the wreck there was a miner starting up one of the drills. Beta quickly climbed atop the drill and cut open the top with the laser cutter. He fired a few shots at the driver and turned the laser cutter back on.

“Hang on RK! Daddy’s coming!” Beta said as he came up with his idea. He jumped into the drill and threw the miner out as he heard RK sigh worryingly. Beta then grabbed the laser cutter and found a backup oxygen tank in the cockpit. He then found another small tank and cut then both out. He then crafted himself a small bomb using the small tank as the shell, a small amount of grease as the fuel to let the vapors fill the tank, the oxygen as the oxidizer to increase the power of the grease parts from both his flare gun as a trigger and the gunpowder from some of his bullets to ignite the bomb. It was a rough bomb but it was good enough considering the fact that he wasn’t a combat engineer. Beta carefully placed the bomb on top of the pile of rubble. He put a wire around the trigger of the bomb and stood at a safe enough distance away.

“Gonna blast you out of that crystal there RK,” Beta yelled to his mic.

“Give me a countdown so that I can be prepared!”

“Makes sense. Okay, ten, nine, eight, two-one!” Then he pulled the trigger. The bomb went off and reduced the chunks of crystal to dust with a small enough blast as to not disturb the rest of the walls. Beta then ran out and cut the top off of the drill and pulled it off. He threw it off to the side and it landed beside the miner that he had killed in the other drill. Beta put his hand down and RK grabbed it. Beta pulled him out and they looked at each other for a second.

“I really hate you, you know.” RK said to him.

“I know,” Beta replied then jumped off of the drill. He landed on the ground and kicked up some of the dust from the crystals. He took a few steps out then RK too jumped off. RK landed with the same effect and walked up beside Beta.

“Well that was fun,” RK remarked.

“Ya, I’ll call you up,” Beta said laughingly, “Let’s do it again sometime.”

OOC:
Love you too RK
PFC Beta40

Balac
ComNet n00b

Balac

[VE-ARMY] Private Second Class

Post Number:  8
Total Posts:  137
December 30, 2010 2:04:04 AM    View the profile of Balac 
OOC:
Eclipse

Wonderful, thought Balac, our first real mission, and things are already below their best.

The recruits had walked into a cave and Abalar had been grabbed in an ambush by miners. They fell behind Khalldryn to try to find either Havock or Skarr to report to.

He'll at least provide cover from any danger ahead of us, conceded Balac.

Balac looked at his weapon, a slugthrower, 7.62mm rounds. Unusual, considering he was more used to blaster weapons, but it worked all the same... and wouldn't get them killed, at least not the same way a blaster would.

He looked at the two troopers with him, the big Khalldryn, a Barabel, and the tiny-by-comparison, Nitemare. He'd seen Nitemare in action once before, but he still felt reserved about her ability. The Barabel, though intimidating in many ways, was still just another trooper to Balac.

Thinking about all the different ways to kill or be killed in this place he was startled by his com, even more-so by the voice on the other end.

"Recruits! Hold it, there's miners heading your way, and they don't exactly look happy. Seems they managed to find some weapons too," said Abalar.

Good, Balac thought, Abalar isn't dead.

The recruits took up positions behind cover, what little there was. Balac heard a hiss from Khall and saw about five miners step into view. The recruits took aim and opened fire and off to one side there were reports of at least three more weapons. The miners went down, managing to shoot off a few rounds in the process. Balac felt a sting in his right arm. Turning, he saw three troopers heading towards them. He recognized Abalar by the Blackjack insignia on her shoulder.

"Su cuy'gar! Abalar," said Balac, "I was starting to think we might have lost you."

"Might want to get that arm checked out," said one of the other troopers, Havock.

He turned to Havock, realizing her rank, and saluted with a wince. Looking at his arm, he noticed a hole in his armor.

"Just a scratch, I'll be fine," Balac said.

"Recruits..." muttered the third trooper, Brightstar.

He held back a retort and turned to Havock.

"Alright, everyone form up!" ordered Havock, "We're going to regroup with the others at the forward position, and get you recruits situated with Skarr."

They went on and came up to an area, which Balac assumed to be the middle of the mine. There were more troops there situated behind equipment providing cover from a cave that lead to the Republic Base, Republic troops were pouring out of the cave.

The recruits and troopers took up positions behind the cover and added their weight to the battle.

OOC:
*Falls asleep*

TRP/PSC Balac/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

Pirunir sur'haaise!
[This message has been edited by Balac (edited December 30, 2010 2:09:04 AM)]
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

Post Number:  491
December 30, 2010 12:31:23 AM    View the profile of Brightstar 
OOC:
RAIDERS

Bright thought for sure she'd stopped breathing when she'd seen the cave in around RK's position. She'd noticed with no uncertain terms that her heart had started beating painfully against her ribcage. She couldn't be sure what she was thinking just that her mind was all jumbled and the only real thought she could actually recall was. RK!

Ok so she might have sort of over reacted slightly, till she'd heard RK's voice in her helmet. She let out the breath she'd been holding then chided herself on how she thought... what had she been thinking?

Bright hadn't been paying any attention what so ever to the recruits that she'd gone with Havock to 'save'. She found that after the brief firefight with the miner's her mind had wandered right back to where she knew RK's position to be. Oh good he's ok. She thought relieved when she saw him walking up to Beta.

She'd turned her attention back to the recruits just in time to hear one of them mention his wound as 'just a scratch'. "Recruits..." She muttered.

"Alright, everyone form up!" ordered Havock, "We're going to regroup with the others at the forward position, and get you recruits situated with Skarr."

Bright followed the others but hung back till Beta and RK caught up. Meanwhile Bright checked her weapon and what ammo she had left. She nodded, satisfied that she still had much more than what she should have had given the circumstances. Given the fact that Bright, in her current frame of mind, was primarily a Hand-to-Hand combatant. She checked to be sure her remaining knives were within easy reach and triple checked her Ryyyk Blades strapped to her leg armor.

She grimaced remembering why she didn't have her customary Fireblades strapped there instead. She vaguely remembered Mygeeto at all but she did remember she'd been unable to salvage her beloved weapons. According to Havock, Bright had purchased the Ryyyk Blades as a fitting replacement. She wasn't entirely sure that it was ever possible to replace those weapons. They had after all been her mother's.

RK jogged up beside her checking his own weapons. He looked slightly banged up, but Bright knew that he'd already recovered from his little cave in experience. RK had always had an uncanny ability to bounce back from things like that. The truth was Bright had never really seen him shaken up let alone out right afraid. “You done playing in the crystal sandbox now?” She asked, picking up her pace and then throwing her self behind some cover when they had reached their destination.

RK tilted his head slightly looking at her and she could almost swear he was grinning behind his helmet's face plate. He slammed down beside her and quickly took a pot shot at one of the Republic troops pouring out of the cave in front of them. Bright laid on her stomach and took a shot of her own. “Actually, I was trying to find the perfect crystal that might just be good enough to replace that ridiculous Emerald necklace that Doc gave you all those years ago.”

Bright was surprised enough to snap her head around to look at the big trooper but she didn't miss her second shot. She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it quickly and turned back to her duty. She took notice of the slower trickle of Republic troopers and thought that the endless stream might finally be ending. Hopefully very soon.
TRP/GSG Brightstar D'Jonoc/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE[SRP][SCA][AS-2][ES1][ES1]{RES}[EW2]

Havock
ComNet Marshal

Havock

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1108
December 30, 2010 6:50:47 PM    View the profile of Havock 
OOC:
RAIDERS

The situation finally was looking up. It wasn't pretty but RAIDERS had effectively blocked off all the other possible passages and had simultaneously doubled their numbers, this was as good of time as any to do something stereotypically crazy.

"Skarr!" He dropped lower and scurried over to Havock's position on the line. "Got some good news for you."

"Oh really? Has the Republic decided to call this one in our favor and take us out for nerf dinner?"

She rolled her eyes and fired off a few more bullets at the troops. They both continued to fire between sentences. Havock quickly pulled out her data pad and keyed up a document that she had approved several days before the mission. "This was bumped up for some reason, regardless, congrats your the VE's newest SL. See those guys with the shiny armor, try to keep them alive."

"What?" Skarr laughed thinking Havock had to be joking. When she shrugged and tossed him the datapad he was curious enough to look then seemed to forget about the battle completely for several minutes.

"Skarr!"

"Yea?!"

"Get Eclipse together and stay with us, we are going to head through that cavern and see if we can really piss off these Republic jerkoffs." Havock had an idea, it was a crazy idea but she knew one trooper that would be pleased. Skarr headed towards Abalar's position with the rookies and started to give out orders. "Valthir, Beta, get over here."

It took them a few minutes, Havock and Brightstar laid down cover fire while the shuffle of troopers took place. "Yes boss?"

"Beta get another barrel to set on fire, I want you to light it and send it up ahead of us into that cavern. Scare the Republic troopers ya. Val, help him."
Ayme 'Havock' Katash

Skarr
ComNet Member

Skarr

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  373
Total Posts:  2102
December 30, 2010 8:22:27 PM    View the profile of Skarr 
OOC:
Eclipse

Skarr walked dazedly towards Eclipse Squad. His squad. It wasn’t something he had expected to hear him or anyone else say. He had wanted the position, sure, but he didn’t think he was ready for this. But either way, he was a Squad Leader now and he didn’t have a choice. A glance at the assembled troops, what little there was, gathered around Abalar revealed that all of them were from the Academy in one way or the other. He saw that Sergeant Dirge was one of them. He was one of the Drill Instructors for the Academy. And two of the newest recruits were there too. Balac and Nitemare, if Skarr remembered correctly.

“Wow, you guys don’t look like much,” Skarr joked. In all truth, they really didn’t. But Skarr had to keep hopes up. He was sure they would work out great, after all if they didn’t they wouldn’t have graduated. “Alright, so orders are simple. We follow Havock and cover her ass. For right now, her orders are my orders. We do as she says and we do it quickly and efficiently. Now, let’s move!”

Skarr turned and began walking back toward Havock. Beta and Valthir were setting barrels on fire and rolling them down the cavern entrance. Skarr was confused at first, but he figured it was Havock, she had some crazy ideas running through her head. Crazy, but often brilliant. He stood beside her and watched as more barrels went rolling down the cavern.

“Scare tactics, Hav?” Skarr asked. She nodded slightly, smiling.

“I want the bastards running, Skarr. We need to move on.” Havock replied. The younger SL nodded. He looked behind him and saw that his squad had formed up behind him. “What can we do to help, Havock?”

She looked at him and smiled again. “You’ve changed Skarr, I’ll tell you that. And you’ve changed for the better. You’re going to make a damn fine squad leader, now tell me how you can help.” Skarr couldn’t help, but smile too. He looked back at the cavern entrance and back at Beta and Valthir who were just finishing rolling the last of the barrels.

“We can take point.” Skarr answered, looking deep into the cavern. Somewhere ahead, there was a Republic base lying in wait.
SL/SGT Skarr/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES2] {RES}
Author/WS Skarr/Lotaith/VET/VE
AS-2/SGT Skarr/STCA/VEA/VE

"Abandon all hope ye who enter here" The Inferno, Canto III, Line 9
"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't" General George Patton
"I only get paid if I survive, and I like getting paid."
Nitemare
ComNet n00b

Nitemare

Post Number:  11
Total Posts:  15
December 30, 2010 9:58:33 PM    View the profile of Nitemare 
Code: Select all
OOC: Eclipse

waiting in solid formational line as her new SL was walking slowly to his troops, Nitemare couldn't help but feel completely confidence, confidence that Skarr would be leading them excellently, confidence that they wouldn't fall too far from the bunch in their duties and confidence that their new mission would be a total success.

The day may have been one on the fartherside of all spectrums of gloom and unhappy, granted the ground felt weird and the air was stale but she made it out of the academy for a hunt of sentient swine, she noted every single scenery when they moved, and the did eventually and then she recognized a feint smell in the air, a smell of something burining then looked over and saw barrels being pushed.

as the leaders were talking amongst themselves she started to jog slightly at first as one came speeding her way and afterward started a full-on sprint.
Like a child you whisper softly to me, your in control..just like a child,  now i'm dancing, its like a dream no end and no beginning, your here with me....In the midnight hour I can feel your power!

Annoy me and die
Irritate me and suffer
Anger me and scream in pain
Try and gain control and I will castrate you with my blade

[This message has been edited by Nitemare (edited December 31, 2010 9:47:18 PM)]
Balac
ComNet n00b

Balac

Post Number:  9
December 30, 2010 10:04:43 PM    View the profile of Balac 
OOC:
Eclipse

The recruits were gathered around Abalar, awaiting orders when Balac noticed a trooper coming towards them, his IFF tag labeled him as Skarr, their new Squad Leader.

"Wow, you guys don't look like much," said Skarr.

Aw, thanks sir, thought Balac.

Skarr announced, "Alright, so orders are simple. We follow Havock and cover her ass. For right now, her orders are my orders. We do as she says and we do it quickly and efficiently. Now, let's move!"

They followed Skarr as he walked back to Havock, two troopers we're setting barrels on fire and rolling them down the cavern entrance to the Republic base.

"Scare tactics, Hav?" asked Skarr.

Havock nodded slightly with a smile.

Turning back to the show of flaming barrels, Balac thought with a smile, Flaming barrels for scare tactics? Hnh, only good scare tactic is carrying a blaster with enough firepower to level whole buildings, ha.

He was dragged out of his thoughts with Skarr saying, "We can take point."

Balac smiled, "Good, we get the first chance to crack some heads at their base."

Havock looked at Skarr, and with a chuckle said, "Already taking chances? Alright, everyone, listen up! We're pressing on, Eclipse is taking the lead, so get ready to move up behind them."

Skarr turned to the recruits, "Ok, keep your eyes open, and don't let your guard down."

"Here's where the fun begins," Balac said.

The squad began heading to the cavern entrance, Balac could see a small glow from the barrels that were still burning. The Republic troops had apparently retreated to their base, improving on their fortifications if they were smart. Balac could feel the wound in his arm starting to sting a bit. He pushed the feeling away, he could worry about it after the mission was over.

There were a few burnt troops, those who weren't smart enough, or weren't able to get out of the way of the barrels.

"I see 'em," announced Balac, "Looks like they've got at least enough emplacements to keep a Mando happy for about... 30 standard minutes." They had come into view of the base, still far enough to escape notice, but they needed cover before the Republics took notice of the advancing troopers.

Those emplacements might do some damage to us, Balac thought.

"Alright, get down, take what cover you can while we assess what we're running into here," ordered Skarr.

The squad went prone, signaling the troops advancing behind them to take cover as well.

Balac looked around at his squad, the lithe Nitemare, more dangerous than she ever could have looked; the tough drill sergeant, Dirge, whom Balac held alot of respect for, and Skarr, their leader. Balac hadn't seen much action from this man, but he hoped that he was as able as he looked.

Balac smiled to himself as he looked back to the Republic defenses, Oh, this is going to be easy.

Pirunir sur'haaise!
[This message has been edited by Balac (edited December 31, 2010 6:44:37 PM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Veteran

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1433
Total Posts:  2159
December 30, 2010 10:47:19 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
OOC:
Blackjack

The explosion was literally impossible to miss. Gates, Tanus, Striker and Madman, at the very periphery of the explosion, were shoved backwards by the wall of sound. Their comlinks were deafened, and without the external input of the helmets, Gates’ hearing was muffled, the expensive receiving electrics in his helmet resetting, and becoming so much plastic around his head. He pulled the bucket off, activating a back-up comlink and screwing it in his ear to replace the loss of communications, and then cautiously poked his head over the lip of the trench, towards the Republicans’ position.

A massive, dozen-meters-across perfect sphere occupied the last known NR position. Finely powdered crystal dust was raining. Any troopers in the area had been vaporized so thoroughly they’d simply ceased to exist. A few men further from the center of the blast were dead, visible but dead; the wall of sound had powdered their bones and mashed their organs, and they were limp piles of flesh, now.

Gates’ ears were still ringing, and he could barely hear himself whistle at the scale of destruction wrought by that tiny little device they’d been issued. The other three Blackjacks popped their heads up from behind cover, and made similar noises of amazement.

Gates’ comlink crackled, filled his ear with static, and then a voice. “Gates, what in the hell was that? Goltz here.”

“We detonated the sonic device that command issued to the SCOPE squads. It’s killed at least a squad of the Republics, and has the other ones likely shitting themselves. I am ordering you to begin the rear-attack; we’re not going to get a better opening than right now,” Gates responded. “Repeat: move to the attack.”

“Solid copy, sir,” Gris respond, then, to his troops - “Mount it up! Blackjack’s broken through!”

Gates ducked back behind the trench lip, and pulled his helmet, finally reset, back on. Running through the channels, he tried to contact any other Blackjacks, any of the other scouts that had been part of his attack group, and finally the two men he’d sent with the bomb. He didn’t get oral responses from any of the others, but did send out orders: keep the pressure on.

Corvin did respond. “SIR?”

“Calm down, trooper,” Gates winced as the man yelled into his ear.

“WHAT, SIR?” Corvin replied, again shouting. “WE WERE REALLY CLOSE TO THE BOMB. NEITHER OF US CAN HEAR TOO GOOD RIGHT NOW.”

Garryll stifled a chuckle, then shook his head and pulled a rugged datapad from his belt, and quickly typed orders in, then linked the ‘pad to his helmet’s comlink and sent the text file to Corvin.

“OH. Thanks, sir,” Corvin said, reading the orders - Keep it up - link up with us 20 meters NW of earlier position. And you’re yelling, stop that

“And good job with the bomb, trooper.”

“What, sir?”

“Nevermind.”

OOC:
Blackjack's opened a hole for the diversionary rear attack to commence.

ESL/1SGTGarryll Gates/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [RoM][ICE][IH][CCA][BC][SRP][AS-1][ES1][CoS][EW1] {RESx3} [ESC09] [RoT] [CRoS] [AoT][CoZ]

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.
For Tadath, for the Empire.
Only in Death...does Duty end
Do not ask why you serve; only ask how
War is coming, with all its glory and all its horror
[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited December 31, 2010 1:53:30 AM)]
Beta40
ComNet Cadet

Beta40

Post Number:  237
December 31, 2010 1:07:12 AM    View the profile of Beta40 
OOC:
RAIDERS

The two squads were both in the cover of some of the larger crystals while they assessed what the republic troopers had set up. It appeared that most of them were scared into the base while some of them had stayed out in the large cavern behind some barricades. The barricades were strongly reinforced and had some troopers placed at the emplacements attached to them. There was a fork in the road where it split into two roads, one high and one low.

“Skarr and I have come up with a plan…” Beta heard Havock say to everyone over the com, “RAIDERS will come with me and will take the higher road to cover them from a place that we won’t have any obstacles in the way.”

“And Eclipse and the remainder of the ARCs will come will me on the lower path,” Skarr said, “The lower path has plenty of stalagmites that should provide us with enough cover to not get too easily torn up by their heavy weapons. Let’s go!”

And with that Eclipse took off to the right road and started running forward. Beta watched the squad scatter behind various objects right before the silenced machine guns that the republic troopers had started to fire into the gaps.

Good thing I’m not with them. I’ve been fired at enough for the day. He thought and the rest of the squad looked at each other before running up the slope. The slope increased quickly before slowly leveling out into a large circular plateau. The ledge had spike protruding from the ground in most places around the edge and other parts had low crystals that could act as a makeshift barricade.

“Take positions and take out the MGs!” RK ordered to the squad and they all ran out to take their positions. Beta preferred a prone shooting position over a crouching position because he could hold a rifle more steadily and that would allow him to hit the target through a small hole easier. He ran out and started breaking off some of the crystals at the edge of the ledge so he could lie down.

“Fire when ready!” Havock yelled and the barrage of bullets started going at the two barricade gun mounts. Every so often the guns would stop shooting, most likely because the operator had been shot but it would start again quickly. During these lulls Eclipse would start to move closer and get better positions to take the base.

“How many of them are there?” Beta said through his mic.

“Mesa don’t know but mesa think things are about to turn nasty!” He heard the gungan say into the com. And the gungan was right as one of the MGs was turning to face the ledge that the RAIDERS were on.

OOC:
More fun!
PFC Beta40

Saphira Striker
ComNet Veteran

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1364
December 31, 2010 2:30:13 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
OOC:
BlackJack

Saphira stumbled back into MadMan as the wave struck.  Hitting MadMan against his right side, he stumbled back and lost his footing. Nearly loosing her own footing herself, hands reached for anything to latch onto. Gates. Having grabbed his shoulder, she pulled forward as the man turned and shouted something. The female shook her head, not being able to hear anything but a loud ring.

I'm going to kill him! She thought. Standing back up and shaking her head, the lek'ku  twitched over her shoulders. It was more then annoying. The very least, Corvin, should have gave them a warning. Now, her blood was boiling and she wanted to take out the Republic soldiers.

"Time to go." Gates replied as he pointed his right hand up into the direction they were going to go.

"Fine by me." Saphira replied as the ringing was diminishing.

"So what now?" MadMan quarried. The man having straightening himself as if he never had stumbled.

"Just follow." she ordered.

They had managed to break through the line and gain entry against the enemy.  The sudden loss of NR troops would have them confused for a short time. Perfect for them to rush in and start swatting them like flies. The team launched onto their bikes and zipped over to where Corvin was now coming out. He looked dazed and was a little rubber legged. However, with his helmet off, the man gave a weak smile when Tanus, Gates, and herself lopped off the bikes and  approached him.

"Remind me to be more careful next time." Stating with a slight chuckle.

"IF there is one. You're damned lucky you didn't vaporize yourself." Garryll stated.

"Uh, guys, let's cut the greetings short. Unless you want us to leave you two to cuddle or something." Saphira butted in.

The two men stopped and slowly turned their heads to face her. Knowing she had them perplexed for the next few minutes, the Twi'lek only  grinned, turned on a heel and hopped back on her ride.  If anyone had something to say, they kept their opinions to themselves. They had a job to do and whatever they were going to say or do, was going to have to wait for later.  A couple minutes later they were rushing off to join the fight.

Her blood was rushing hot through her veins. The lust for an even better fight was more intoxicating then Spice or drink at this point. She licked her lips and pressed the pedals to move the Bike faster. The others kept up and in mere moments they were at the next location..and under fire.

"Damn, that was fast." Tanus muttered. Stopping his Speeder Bike as he jerked forward.

They all quickly dismounted. All, except MadMan who now had the heavy guns in position. "I'll cover you guys." He grunted and started shooting. Cursing, Gates ordered a couple of the Scouts to stay with MadMan and help.

"Move it!" He shouted.

Not even thinking about it, Saphira ran. Her SCOPE up as they dodged fire. They moved like cockroaches. Ducking in and out from anything they could use as cover. Saph reveled in it all as Gates gave a hand signal to move again. Weapon at ready, she popped out and was grazed against her left shoulder and right ankle with fire. Hissing, as Gates shot off a few rounds, Saphira gave a few curses of her own. Only to have their group be rushed by at least a dozen New Republic soldiers. Giving her time only to slip her weapon off.

Facing off with the nearest soldier and falling into hand-to-hand with the guy, she knew she had to work fast.You had the element of surprise only once in any given fight, and at this given point, she and the others were being outnumbered four to one - in a stitch where no weapons could be used. Blasters were accurate only if you had a clean shots on static  targets, and there was none of that going down. Arms, legs and bodies were flying around as Tanus, Gates and a couple others did exactly what she was doing. Picking a random  enemy and going all Bruce Lee on  their ass.  Considering MadMan could only shoot over them to try and keep others from getting to them. It was too dangerous to try and  hit the enemy without possibly hitting one of his comrades too.

With her lucky dagger  out in her right hand Saph threw a right hook at the soldier in front of her. The cracking blow  knocked the guy senseless, and as he slumped back and against a crystal formation, she drew her arm back and aimed the tip of her blade right for the chest - Something or rather someone knocked her to the right. Saphira nearly lost her weapon as she spun back to see Gates had been the one to push her and was taking her away from the kill.

"What is wrong-" She started. Only to see that Gates had  slapped her out of the way to avoid a back stab from behind. Eyes opening slightly, as she didn't even notice one had positioned himself behind her. As engrossed as she was with the one she had in front of her.

"Let me finish it." Garryll stated. Walking over to position himself in front of the man. With deadly accuracy, he pulled up his weapon and shot the man  against his face. At point blank range, there was a splatter of chard flesh and blood. Pieces thrown up  around the crystal as well as gates armor.  He wobbled and reached out for the wall to steady himself.

"You OK?" Saph asked.

"I'm fine, I just don't see how you like doing stuff like that." He answered.  Saphira could only imagine that Gate's stomach was gurgling with disgust. At such close range, the smell and sight was enough to make anyone feel green.

She was about to say something when a shrill whistle from Tanus had her spin around just in time. Another NR soldier was rushing straight at them. In his hand, carried a nasty looking vibro blade. Thanks to Tanus, she ducked down and lunged forward, grabbing a thick wrist and taking control of the weapon while she stabbed upward, catching her would be executioner under the ribs.

Bright lights. Big Bang. And onward to the next. She was all into the zone of fighting, fast on her feet and quick with her hands. Saphira took to slicing  the backs of knees and the front of thighs. Incapacitation was something she was good at. Right behind her gates swept  through and finished them off.

[This message has been edited by Saphira Striker (edited December 31, 2010 9:21:19 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Saphira Striker (edited December 31, 2010 9:22:21 PM)]
Balac
ComNet n00b

Balac

Post Number:  10
December 31, 2010 10:23:32 PM    View the profile of Balac 
OOC:
Eclipse

Osik! thought Balac as the MGs started up. Silenced MGs, great!

He was sitting behind a stalagmite, barely big enough to keep his full self behind. He could hear the bullets chipping away at it and hoped it would hold long enough to take out the gunners.

"Get their heads down!" Skarr order the ARCs. The ARCs opened fire, and Balac could hear more gunfire as RAIDERS squad blanketed the emplacements, allowing Eclipse to move up to get a better position against the barricade.

Eclipse took cover again, only a few meters from the barricade, and started firing. The NR troops dropped to avoid the fire and Eclipse darted up once more, Balac reloaded as he went, and looking at the empty clip, he had an idea, random, and a long shot, but an idea none-the-less.

It doesn't resemble a grenade, but in the middle of combat, you never can be too careful... he thought.

"Down!" Balac shouted and threw the empty clip towards one of the emplacements. The ploy worked, and he heard shouts of "Cover!" from the NR troops.

"What was that?" asked Skarr.

"Empty clip." replied Balac.

"Crazy..." Skarr muttered with a slight shake of his head.

More covering fire from the ARCs and RAIDERS and Eclipse stood and took out a few more troops, clearing the right-most emplacement.

Using their position to keep themselves safe from the firing angles of the other guns, Eclipse covered the ARCs as they ran up to join them.

"Plan, sir?" Balac asked Skarr.

"Got another empty clip?" Skarr joked.

"Not at the moment, no." Balac answered.

"Alrite, get down, and keep watch over the barricade to make sure no NR troops get any ideas." Skarr ordered, "First, let's get count of how many troops our waiting for us to spring over this barricade. Second, let's get a plan to take them out."

Skarr looked around at the squad and the ARCs, then opened his com to Havock.

Pirunir sur'haaise!
Nitemare
ComNet n00b

Nitemare

Post Number:  12
Total Posts:  15
December 31, 2010 11:33:22 PM    View the profile of Nitemare 
OOC:
Eclipse

Nitemare rounded the corner as she was lagging behind her employment with the Eclipse unit just to scout for known weak spots as she hears the words "Get Down!" followed by a loud "Cover!" she sprints faster to catch up knowing that one of the Eclipse, namely a new hot shot that is a possible rival of Nitemare do to his cunning courage and outlandish wits had thrown something at the encampment of the rebellion.

Jogging nearer she looked at her waist to find a series of throwing knives and zenji needles.

"This is nuts" she said as she witnessed the violence of the rebellion under her breath, she then got on her knees as she witnessed a soldier aiming his sniper weapon at Balac about two yards to the left and quickly grabbed her zenji needle and tossed it, sticking into his juggular he fell to his death and she regrouped "Good to have you with us finnaly Private" Skarr teasingly joked "Good to be of service to the galaxy" Nitemare remarked back as she took her customized E-11  and started to mow down rebel sentries left and right

(Edited: sorry it took me so long to edit this)
Like a child you whisper softly to me, your in control..just like a child,  now i'm dancing, its like a dream no end and no beginning, your here with me....In the midnight hour I can feel your power!

Annoy me and die
Irritate me and suffer
Anger me and scream in pain
Try and gain control and I will castrate you with my blade

[This message has been edited by Nitemare (edited January 1, 2011 12:54:30 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Nitemare (edited January 4, 2011 9:15:50 PM)]
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  777
January 2, 2011 12:03:13 AM    View the profile of RK 
Miniguns, why’d it have to be miniguns? I’d rather be anywhere than with these minguns. RK dropped down behind cover as the thought flowed through his mind. As soon as he got down, he heard a familiar voice. “Nice of you to join me RK, wanna help?” It was Brightstar. God, if this is your way of saying, ‘here I can give you half your wish’, I must say you work fast.

“You know what they say, better late than never, or fashionably late, either way I win.” He turned his head slightly and smiled under his helmet, he knew Bright couldn’t see it, but hopefully she knew. Earlier it seemed like she was looking right through him, even with her eyes hidden behind the blackness of her visor. It could have been imagination, but he hoped he was right.

“Indeed you win either way.” Bright glanced at him and the quickly turned, her rifle firing steadily. He felt his heart beat faster, and his mind spin.

focus RK, breath, concentrate on killing the enemy Yet, he couldn’t help the fact his breathing had increased, and his heart was beating outside of his chest; he felt like a child who’d just got what they wanted for their birthday.

“MG pointed are way, take cover!” Beta’s voice yelled through the speaker. He almost sounded scared,that is until RK saw him get up and take a couple shots. Unforturnatley, none hit.

RK reflexively stood up and aimed at the MG operator, he lined up until he realized the guy had a blast shield, without a sniper rifle there was no way of getting a clear shot, unless you kept your finger on the trigger.

“Skarr, MG is trying to tear us into Bantha Fodder, any of your guys able to line up a shot, tha beast has a blast shield.” RK barked into the comm., hoping there was a yes on the other end, fortunately something unforeseeable happened. He jumped up hoping to see someone take the mans head off,but instead he saw what looked like a grenade fly through the air. what the heck are those guys thinking do they want to bring the whole place down on us?! He watched as all of the NR troops scattered away from the grenade, trying to find the best cover they could.

RK could only watch in horror as the next few seconds seem to take an eternity. His mind flashed from memories of his family, to thoughts about Bright. It was then that his heart stopped, he couldn’t bear to watch what was going to happen to them, he wanted to drop down and wrap his arms around her and hold on for dear life, no matter what happened. He wanted to say something, but his mind was numb his whole body was numb. Finally, when he got the strength to move, he dropped to one knee and let his gun hit the crystal floor, he moved to grab Bright. This was it, he was going to die, Bright was going to die.

He stopped halfway from wrapping his arms around her, when he heard laughter. He looked up to see Valthir laughing his head off, he was shaking it from side to side and even in through the helmet RK could hear him. That’s when he realized: No Explosion. RK popped hishead up over the makeshift bunker and looked down, one of the Eclipse troops was making motions similar to Valthir, he glanced over at the “grenade”, it was an empty clip, and the NR troops thought it was a real grenade. that was smarts….

“Idiotic Republic Soldiers, I.R.S!!!” Valthir laughed harder when the acronym hit him. RK wasn’t sure why, but it was pretty funny, even though he himself had fallen for it as well.

“You okay there RK?” Bright asked, her gun still clutched tightly in her hand. He could here a hint of teasing in her voice.

RK feigned a smile, even though she couldn’t see it he was embarrassed, He tried to hide it in his voice, but wasn’t sure if he would do a good job, “Yea, I’m good….” He bent over and picked up his dropped weapon, he hoped she hadn’t seen him drop it. “….just in shock they fell for such a palor trick, sometimes I wonder where they find these guys.” He could feel the embarresment in his voice, but he just shook it off, hopefully the comm. would make him sound normal.

“Ah, good, because I thought for a second there you were afraid…” He could just see Bright smiling underneath her helmet, it relaxed him a bit. “……. After all you were almost smooth in trying to protect me back there.” This time he saw a wink.

His mind was racing, had she seen him dive for her? He hadn’t actually touched her or was she playing with him? He may never know, she was a mystery to him, regardless of how long he’d known her, yet for some reason he didn’t mind getting the chance to figure her out.

He heard the sound of fire once again, and picked up his rifle and begun shooting down anything he could see moving. His eyes moved with the gun, his finger was pulling the trigger, but his mind was somewhere else.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."- Optimus Prime[img][/img]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited January 2, 2011 12:08:27 AM)]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited January 2, 2011 12:08:28 AM)]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited January 2, 2011 12:08:33 AM)]
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

Post Number:  494
January 2, 2011 11:28:55 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
OOC:
RAIDERS

Bright watched RK from the corner of her HUD. Did he know what she was feeling? She closed her eyes momentarily to get the image of RK reaching for her out of her head. Not entirely an upsetting concept... Bright smiled softly, then shook her head sharply. Focus, damn it! Keep your head where it's supposed to be! Shaking the thought of being held by RK out of her head, for the moment, Bright continued to fire.

Bright tried to think of a way to push forward with their objective, but was coming up short in the ideas-that-don't-get-everyone-killed category. Frustration was reigning supreme till she heard something that almost made her heart stop.

Thunk!

“Sonofa....” RK said from somewhere to her left. She turned to look at him and noticed him slump against the barricade they were using as cover. It really didn't hit her that anything was wrong till she noticed the red drops on the crystal floor.

Blood....That is definitely blood. Bright's inner voice was saying. Her brain tried to wrap around the idea of RK having been hit, but it didn't click till she heard him groan audibly. With that all common sense flew out the window. “Ryan?” She whispered through numb lips. She set her weapon down and pulled him back down behind the cover that they were using. Finding it slightly hard to breathe, and the fact that her helmet was not allowing her to see what she needed to see, she swiped her helmet off and allowed her red hair to fall over her shoulders.

Her violet eyes searched till she found the problem. RK had been hit right where the shoulder pad met the chest plate. “Please just be the shoulder.” Bright whispered. She thought about taking RK's shoulder pad off to double check, but she had to be sure he was actually conscious first. Having the feeling that he was, she rapped on the top of his helmet. “Anybody home?” She smiled, even though inside she was trembling.

He grunted and exhaled sharply. His body was tense, Bright could see that much. His right hand clamped around her wrist. “Whoa, who's the beauty knocking at my door?” Bright heard through his helmet. She breathed a sigh of relief.

He was going to be alright. She involuntarily let out a short relieved laugh as she took his shoulder pad off to get a better look at his wound. He hissed but he didn't stop or hinder her. “You just keep in communication with Havock, Buster.” Bright said. She really wanted to take his helmet off, but she needed him to keep in contact with Havock. He was after all the new ASL.

Bright saw him stiffen again. “Shit!” He said trying to sit up.

“Easy!” She growled, “What's wrong?” She asked after concluding that the bullet was still lodged in his shoulder somewhere.

“Havock is deciding to do Havock things and take off somewhere that could get her killed.” He grabbed Bright's helmet and slid it back over her head for her. “We need to move. What can you tell me about this?” He asked pointing to his left shoulder.

“Slug is still in there. Karash will have to get it out.” Bright said as she picked up her weapon. “You going to be able to use that?” She asked pointing to his rifle.

“Don't worry about me.” He said quietly. There was something in his voice that Bright couldn't place.

“I'll worry about whoever the hell I want too.” Bright said raising her rifle and readying herself for another shoot out. Why the hell am I so worried about him? She asked herself. She pushed it out of her mind and settled in for more fighting, but she resolved to watch RK so he didn't get killed.

[This message has been edited by Brightstar (edited January 2, 2011 11:36:00 PM)]
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  780
January 3, 2011 1:10:10 AM    View the profile of RK 
A wave of heat spread through his left shoulder, followed by pain. RK had been shot, he could feel the bullet as it sunk deep into his skin, and stopping right before exiting. “Sonofa…..” Was all RK could muster as he dropped to his knees, he could feel the blood start to leak from the fresh wound. It wasn’t like he hadn’t been shot before, but this was the first time he could remember the bullet getting stuck in his body.

The pain was unbearable, but he had to stay strong, he grimaced at the pain and gritted his teeth; trying desperately not to scream. He slumped even farther down as he let the gun slip from his right hand, to the floor, hoping to grab the bullet and pull it out, but knowing he couldn’t bring himself to do it.

His vision was starting to blur, he waved it off, he could deal with this, he just had to.
He felt someone tug on him and pull him farther down underneath the make-shift crystal bunker, he looked up but didn’t see anyone right away, that was until he felt a knock on his helmet. “Anybody in there?” RK felt his heart skip a beat as he let a moan out of his mouth. Bright! She was here, he knew now that everything was going to be alright. don’t scream, don’t scream . He looked up to see her face staring down at her, her fiery red hair draped across her shoulder, she was beautiful. For a moment the sight took his breath away and he forgot about the pain in his arm. “Who’s that beautiful lady knocking at my door?” He replied, as he grabbed for her hand, only to end up clasping onto her wrist.

He heard a short laughter come from her, her laugh was intoxicating. It escaped her lips along with a sigh. How many times had he dreamed about her face? How many times had he wanted to reach out and touch her? He couldn’t count them all at the moment, as he felt another wave of pain go through his body as Bright removed his shoulder pad, trying to get a better look at the wound. “You just keep in communication with Havock, Buster.” Bright said, her voice teasing him slightly. She was right though, he had to focus.

“Havock, you there?! I’m wounded, Bright is helping me, but might be a while. What’s the situation?” RK barked into the comm. He tried his best to talk clearly, but he knew he was failing.

“Well, I’m taking a detour, take care of the squad! I have and ARC with me so I’ll be alright! Just keep in touch” Havock cut out short, RK could have just been told he was going to be a father.

“Where are you going?! Don’t tell me….” RK barked.

“Tell you when I get there!” Havock replied.

“Shit!” RK swore and immediately tried to sit up regardless of the pain. What was Havock thinking?

“Easy!” Bright growled at him, trying to keep him from damaging more than his arm. “What’s wrong?” Her face seemed to give away that there was something wrong with him, but she didn’t know the half of it.

“Havock is deciding to do Havock things and take off somewhere that could get her killed.” RK grabbed Brights helmet and slid it over her head, so desperately wished they had more time, he wanted to take his glove off and touch her face, but instead he was covering it I hate irony…. “We need to move. What can you tell me about this?” He asked pointing to his left shoulder.

“Slug is still in there. Karash will have to get it out.” Bright said “You going to be able to use that?” She asked pointing to his rifle.
“Don't worry about me.” He said quietly, assuring her he was fine. Yet, he was glad she carred, he knew it’s what he wanted, he just didn’t have the guts to say it.

“I'll worry about whoever the hell I want too.” Bright snapped back, but it wasn’t a stinging snap. It was a caring snap. She wanted him to be alright, he knew, she cared. He turned back and looked at her, she was holding her gun. He smiled and winked at her,
knowing she couldn’t see but hoping she knew.

“So what’s the plan?” Beta’s voice came in through the comm.

“Just keep firing, I have to figure out what the hell our fearless leader is up too.” RK snapped into the comm. He had just become ASL in the past few minutes after Skarr became SL of Eclipse. He knew what to do, but it was a lot to handle with gun fire raining on you. “Havock, Come in Havcok, what the hell are you thinking?”

“That’s no way to talk to your superior!” Havock barked back.

“Well then explain to me what’s going on!” RK was furious, he looked over at Bright, hoping for something anything to calm him down.

“I’m pinned down, the ARC trooper is dead! I’m trying to do what we were told!”

“Without the rest of YOUR squad!” RK was beuond mad, he wasn’t sure what to think at this point.

“Well, I was going to call in back up… hang on I…..FRAK……” Havock screamed and then the line went silent.

RK took two breaths to try and take in what happened; he didn’t know what she was doing or where she was at. He could feel the blood rush to his veins as the anger welled up inside of him. He didn’t know what Havock was thinking, but now he knew they may have a dead leader, and that in and of itself was enough reason to get angry.

“BETA!” RK screamed into the comm. He was beyond angry, now he was going to fix this.

“Yes,Sir?” Beta’s voice filled the canyon as he replied over the gun fire.

“Havock got herself in a mess so I need to take a team to find her, can you stay here and keep protecting Eclipse.”

“Just me?”

“No, not just you! You’ll have Abalar, Valthir and Grahim! I’ll take Bright and Karash! Meaning your in charge of your squad! Got it?”

“YES SIR!” Beta sounded excited, but RK wasn’t sure if what’d he’d just done was the right call or not. He’d hope so cause he wasn’t going to get a second chance.

RK then looked over at Bright, he could feel his face still boiling and he had to take his anger out somewhere. He punched the floor of the cave, with his left hand. Pain shot through it like a wild fire, the cave echoed and he looked down to see a dent in the floor where the crystal broke.

“RK!” Bright sounded stunned. He looked over at her again, and saw her flinch, but not away, towards him. She grabbed his hand and squeezed it gently. It was then his whole world dissappeard, he looked into her visor hoping she could see his eyes, because he was staring into hers, he could see those deep violet eyes.

“Bright….” Was all he could say.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."- Optimus Prime[img][/img]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited January 3, 2011 1:12:43 AM)]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited January 3, 2011 11:14:47 AM)]
[This message has been edited by RK (edited January 3, 2011 11:14:52 AM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > HSC 2010 story: Shatterpoint  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:32:01 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 170  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >