Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > HSC 2010 story: Shatterpoint

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   
Author
Topic:  HSC 2010 story: Shatterpoint
Beta40
ComNet Cadet

Beta40

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  249
Total Posts:  362
  RE: HSC 2010 story: Shatterpoint
January 14, 2011 5:31:51 PM    View the profile of Beta40 
OOC:
RAIDERS

After the Sith had saved them the remainder of the squad took off into the tunnel that they had just been lead into. Skarr was leading the rest of them with Beta close behind him. Everyone else was running behind them with Grahim at the very back of the group. As they ran through the tunnels they had to use certain landmarks to tell where they were before to avoid getting lost in the large repetitive labyrinth. The group navigated through, going through the tunnel that the Jedi had made through the large pile of crystal fragments, past the dead ARC lead and the decapitated ARC trooper and eventually back to the cavern that the firefight with the MGs was held.

“Almost back to the base,” Skarr said to the group.

“Aye,” Beta replied, “just got to hope there’s no one waiting for us on the other side of the ledge.”

“Stop,” Skarr then commanded as he stopped at a corner and put his hand up to around head height to signal those who didn’t hear. As everyone stopped Skarr walked a bit further forward and crouched. He then pointed his rifle around the corner and checked it.

“All clear,” He said and gestured for the group to continue forward and back into the clearing facing the makeshift barricade. They then walked through the hole that Skarr had earlier made in the barricade and were in front of the door that they originally stepped into that turned out to be a trap.

“Hey!” Beta called out as Skarr was about to go through the door, “I don’t think it’s the greatest idea to try t again. Remember what happened earlier?”

“Good point. Anyone have any ideas on how we should enter the base?” Skarr asked.

“Actually I think we should wait for Havock and RK to get back so that we can enter as a whole group this time.” And right as he said that there were footsteps in one of the tunnels leading off of the cavern and everyone could clearly see silhouettes in the crystal. Beta immediately took up a defensive position at the barricade and pointed his rifle at the mouth of that tunnel.

OOC:
EDIT: Wow, another new page for me :P
PFC Beta40

TPR/PFC Beta40/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
[This message has been edited by Beta40 (edited January 14, 2011 5:33:25 PM)]
Havock
ComNet Marshal

Havock

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1128
Total Posts:  2413
January 14, 2011 6:22:57 PM    View the profile of Havock 
OOC:
RAIDERS

The door slid open and a republic guard toppled into the dark cell and haphazardly raised his rifle at the prisoner. Havock raised an eyebrow up at the man from her position on the floor. She had taken a break from trying to rig the door to open, not to mention her head was pounding from all the noise filtering into the small room.

"You boys having some trouble out there?"

His hand shook as he attempted to aim at the squad leader. "Shut up..." He glanced around, looking more nervous as each second ticked by. He tossed something in her lap. "Call your people, just make them stop. My wife is on this base too and..."

"Where is she?"

"What?"

Havock rolled her eyes and stood. "Look, take the comlink back. Call your wife and find a hole near a transport, perhaps even on a transport if you can manage. We don't plan on destroying the place, just change ownership of the property."

She walked up to the guard and looked at his rifle, it wasn't bad, slightly less accurate than SCOPE gear but it would do. Havock took the weapon out of his hands and patted him on the shoulder before exiting into the corridor.

The firefight seemed to be fading into the distance. Havock sprinted through the vacant halls back towards the mine. She heard footsteps coming up from what she thought was the last turn before the entrance, of course everything was a bit mutilated in her memory. She took a deep breath and turned the corner, aiming her newly acquired rifle in the face of the republic soldier. The face was just a little too familiar though.

"RK?" She raised her eye brown and looked her ASL up and down. "I was gone for an hour and you switched teams?"

"Hav!" Bright ran around RK and put her hand on Havock's shoulder excitedly. "Havvie, put the blaster down."

The squad leader smirked. "I don't know has he been a good boy while I've been away?"

Karash made an annoyed sound. "Come on, can we leave the hostile base now."

They jogged back to Beta's position and Havock nodded to Skarr. "Okay well now that we are all back together again, anyone wanna raid the commanders fridge?"
Ayme 'Havock' Katash
1st Lieutenant || WILDCARD Platoon Commander|| RAIDERS Squad Leader || Osk Freelancer || Development Staff
PC||'1LT HAVOCK||1PLT||1COM||1BAT||1RGT||VEA||VE
{RES} {MRT} [EW1] [DoH-P] [AS-1] [BC] [RoT] [RoM] [KAD] [GS] [AoT] [HoTC] [ESC09]
FRL||PRT HAVOCK||Eyesore||Charlotte||Osk Imperial Network Star Wars Image
TRN||JRN HAVOCK||Lopen||VEDJ

Certified Vehicle Crewman
Beta40
ComNet Cadet

Beta40

Post Number:  250
January 14, 2011 7:07:16 PM    View the profile of Beta40 
OOC:
RAIDERS

As Beta watched the silhouettes come closer and closer he waited finger pressing against the trigger and not taking the sights off of the targets. As the beings got closer and closer he got more and more tense. Eventually after what seemed to be an eternity the people jogged around the corner and Beta fired off a quick burst by instinct that just missed. The bullets were embedded into the crystal behind the people and they ducked down out of sight.

“We just got back to the main cavern and someone opened fire at us! We is your position?” Beta heard RK said onto the open com.

Oh frak, Beta thought as he realized who the people were. He then thought up a quick excuse for what just happened.

“Uh, little mishap. I saw some republic armor and it was just instinct to fire,” Beta said into the mic on his helm, hoping that he wouldn’t end up being punished for his actions.

“Our position is behind the republic barricade,” Skarr said and it seemed that everyone had forgotten.

“Copy that. We’ll be there as soon as possible,” Havock said onto the com and he could see them start to make their way over to his position. They went through the gap in the barricade and were then greeted by Eclipse and the rest of RAIDERS. Skarr then started to explain what happened when Havock was being captured by the republic. He started with them entering the trap, then the Jedi encounter then finally how the Sith came in to help.

“Seems like you had some day so far,” Havock commented, “so how the hell are we going to get into the base?”

“Why don’t we try that over there?” RK said and pointed to a heavy metal door at the top of a sloped tunnel over to the right of where they were standing.

“Why not?” Beta put in and both squads started heading to the door. Skarr was the first one to get to it and tried to open it.

“Locked.” He said unsurprisingly. Skarr then looked over at Valthir. Valthir then sighed and walked up to the door and went onto the lock panel beside it and started working on opening the door. While Valthir was working on the door Karash was checking RK’s wounds to make sure that nothing worse had happened to them.

After a shorter amount of time then Valthir was working on the previous door, perhaps because he had figured out the system better, he said “Unlocked” and everyone’s attention snapped to the door. With the same sounds of the gears grinding, the door slowly slid open and the squad walked at a slow pace into the dark room.

OOC:
In the base =D
PFC Beta40

Havock
ComNet Marshal

Havock

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1130
January 14, 2011 7:53:46 PM    View the profile of Havock 
OOC:
RAIDERS

Havock suddenly wished she hadn't lost her helmet with the HUD, the nightvision would be a nice thing to have in the dark room. She stepped back from point and let Skarr go first.

"Clear."

Valthir clicked the lights to reveal a not so sinister looking conference room.

"Fantastic. I know, lets wait here for them to have a command meeting and jump out from the shadows to scare them to death." Karash shook his head at his position near the door.

Havock rolled her eyes and after getting Valthir's attention pointed to a small terminal near the head of the large table. "Think you could rustle up a map?"

He nodded and jogged around the table punching commands into the keyboard furiously.

"So what's the plan?"

"Well Skarr, I'm hoping that we can find a map then we can make our way to central command and do some real damage." She looked away remembering something. "Let's try to be sneaky though, no need to bang up the place or cause a ton of casualties for someone to clean up."

Skarr nodded. "Okay boss." He turned and addressed the troopers in his charge.

"Hav, I got it." She walked briskly over to stand next to Valthir as he excitedly pointed at the screen. "See we are here, and thats the mine, so if we make our way around here kinda towards the barracks we can avoid most of the security checkpoints."

She slapped his back. "I like it! Good work Val."

Havock raised her voice just slightly so that everyone could hear her. "Let's head....kinda towards the barracks." She smirked and headed towards the door.
Ayme 'Havock' Katash
1st Lieutenant || WILDCARD Platoon Commander|| RAIDERS Squad Leader || Osk Freelancer || Development Staff
{RES} {MRT} [EW1] [DoH-P] [AS-1] [BC] [RoT] [RoM] [KAD] [GS] [AoT] [HoTC] [ESC09]

Beta40
ComNet Cadet

Beta40

Post Number:  251
January 14, 2011 9:14:18 PM    View the profile of Beta40 
OOC:
RAIDERS

"Let's head....kinda towards the barracks." Beta heard Havock say before he saw her head towards the other door in the room. She pressed a button beside the door and it opened.

“Clear,” Havock said after she checked the corners. She then walked through the door, followed by the rest of both squads. Beta entered walked through the door and saw that they were now in a large hallway. They started to follow Havock, who with the map seemed to know where they were going.

“So what’s the plan?” Beta asked Havock.

“We there should be an officers barracks just up ahead, we’ll suit up in uniform so we can get in with more stealth.” Havock answered. Beta nodded and they continued down the hall. It turned to the left and then to the side there was a sign above a door saying “Officers” on the side of it.

“In here,” Havock said and opened the door, “find and put on a uniform in here.” Beta walked in and opened a footlocker at the foot of a bed.

“You think with being officers they’d have better living conditions,” he heard RK comment as he entered the room.  Beta then closed the locker seeing that the uniform would be much too small. He eventually found a uniform that fit and put it on, smiling seeing the rank on it. Once everyone had their uniforms on they walked back to the hallway.

“So we’ll head this way to the command center,” Havock said when everyone was there.

“I think I’ll be doing the orders around here!” Beta said seeing as he was wearing a general’s uniform and Havock was wearing a 2nd lieutenant’s uniform. Havock then glared at him and he knew that he should be quiet then.

“Why don’t we stop off at the armory and pick up some better weapons?” Skarr said as he looked at the door to the armory that was just across the hall from the barracks.

“Sounds great!” Beta said and Havock glared at him again.

“Fine we’ll stop there but we’ll have to be quick,” Havock said then they opened the door to it. Beta basically just picked up everything that he could see a use for, a silenced assault rifle with a large drum barrel and armor piercing rounds off of the wall, a blaster pistol and some other things. After everyone had what they needed they started following Havock to the command center.
PFC Beta40

Garryll Gates
ComNet Veteran

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1438
Total Posts:  2159
January 14, 2011 9:43:28 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
OOC:
Blackjack

Garryll shook his head. Chainguns and explosions were loud by themselves, but he usually just ignored it. Glorious things, helmets with noise-dampening gear. A little temporary deafness wouldn’t hurt him terribly, though. Squads of Stormtroopers were picking themselves up from their hastily chosen cover in the rubble of the massive gap the AT-ATs had blown open and were beginning to move forwards. A couple of squads of Stormtroopers ran up to them, nodding respectively at the crimson SCOPE armor that marked them as the Elite of the Corps, Wildcard’s Blackjack.

Gates nodded back in acknowledgement; “Sergeants, your squads are with us. We’re the tip of the sword; let the rest of them deal with the chaff. We’re going right for the head of this snake: the command center.”

“Yes sir!” one of the leaders yelled enthusiastically; the other answered with a much more subdued “Sir.”

“Blackjacks - double time it. Three hundred meters to paydirt,” Gates barked, and then cocked his rifle, readying it for combat once again. At his word, they started moving, the three squads of Stormtroopers travelling in three distinct combat elements; one squad would travel on each side of the road, taking cover in the buildings as they went, while one squad went up the middle of the road, ten meters behind the two squads, sitting in a good position to react to an attack from either side.

A group of New Republican soldiers, weapons at port-arms held across their chests, sprinted across the way. They only made it halfway before the two Stormtrooper squads Gates had taken command of opened up from either side of the road. The Republicans had no cover, and no choice but to stand and die. Gates and the Blackjacks added their barrage from the cover position, and soon, all ten men were dead, bleeding on the ground.

“Keep moving!” Gates barked, waving the Blackjacks forwards. The two squads of Stormtroopers increased their pace. Gates boots stomped past the bleeding, dead NR troopers, staining the soles of his boots red.

“Right turn ahead, Sergeant,” Gates said, waving at the Stormtrooper officer. The man nodded, then turned the corner. “Command center is right ahead.”

“Well I c’n definitely see it,” the sergeant responded. “Maybe a dozen or s’ guards outside, milling ‘round.”

Gates was about to respond when his comlink picked up a new channel within receiving range and popped it up on his glasses’ HUD. “Damn,” Gates muttered. “RAIDERS, in all-bloody-caps.”

He tapped to the channel and broke in. “Havock, I can see you on my channel. We’re moving against the command center from the front door, if I do say so myself.”

“Gates? Good - you can distract them for us. We’ll take the rear entrance and take them from both sides.”

“Sounds capital, ma’am,” Gates responded. “We’ll begin our attack momentarily.”

No one else was in as good a position to end this battle as Blackjack and RAIDERs squads, so end it they would. They had to, or the battle would be lost.

ESL/1SGTGarryll Gates/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [RoM][ICE][IH][CCA][BC][SRP][AS-1][ES1][CoS][EW1] {RESx3} [ESC09] [RoT] [CRoS] [AoT][CoZ]

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.
For Tadath, for the Empire.
Only in Death...does Duty end
Do not ask why you serve; only ask how
War is coming, with all its glory and all its horror
Havock
ComNet Marshal

Havock

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1132
January 15, 2011 10:50:42 AM    View the profile of Havock 
OOC:
RAIDERS

"Gates, one other thing." Havock had to resist yelling at Beta who at the front of their awkward procession nodding and acting like the King of the Empire. "We are dressed as officers so if you could try not to shoot us."

"Officers? Sounds like one hell of a story, see you soon."

A few of the soldiers whispered as they eyed the group of officers they hadn't seen before. She didn't like it, they were gathering suspicion, but really it didn't matter. In a matter of moments they would be in the command center and they would be branded intruders or traitors, either way they were going to cause mayhem.

"RK," Havock whispered across the corridor to her ASL. "We need to make sure we aren't flanked. I'm probably going to hear about it later, but could you do me a favor and collapse this area. We can go out whatever way BJ came in."

"Unlessa they dosa the same thing." Grahim muttered on her other side.

It was a good point but one she had to hope he was wrong about.

"Picked up some pretty explosives in the armory I'm sure Bright and I could find a way to play with." Havock caught the glint in his eye when he mentioned the red head.

"Sounds good, just make sure its only the explosives you play with trooper." Not giving him the chance to respond she picked up her pace until she was in step with Beta.

"Could you slow down a bit your general-ship?"

He grinned and complied. "RK is going to help us by collapsing this area." She had to pause and glare as a loud awwww escaped his lips. "Once that happens our cover is blown and we need to be in position, since you are...the General. Signal when its time."

"You got it Hav."
Ayme 'Havock' Katash

Garryll Gates
ComNet Veteran

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1439
January 15, 2011 2:08:38 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
OOC:
Blackjack

“Here’s the play, troopers,” Gates said. “You two squads go back a block and then take them from the side. Once you have them distracted, Blackjack will take them down, and move into the Command Center. One fireteam will then follow us into the building, while the rest of the squads hold position outside and keep unwanted visitors from getting in to reinforce the command center’s garrison.”

The two Stormtrooper sergeants nodded and then those two squads backtracked their way to the last turn before the short road to the command center’s main entrance. A minute after that, they were in position, and began their attack.

Gates peeked around the corner; less than twenty meters away, the NR squad guarding the entrance turned to face the Stormtroopers pouring gunfire at them. Bullets ricocheted off the asphalt and walls, hissing as they cut viciously through the air.

“Time for us to attack?” Corvin asked, hands tight around his rifle’s grip. Half the squad had lost their helmets, it seemed. Might have something to do with the bullets as opposed to the standard lasers that they dealt with.

“Wait...wait...” Garryll responded, fitting his combat knife to the bayonet lug on his rifle, then. “Okay, we’re moving, now. Blood and iron, Blackjack!”

The Stormtroopers stormed around the corner, rifles snug in their shoulders. A pair of NR troopers scattered some instinctive gunfire at them, and some of the shells slid across their armor, leaving burnt crease marks in it. Gates responded with a burst from his assault rifle, as did the rest of Blackjack, bullets banging from their rifles, mostly to heckle the troopers than to actually hit anything. And then, they were all over the Republican troopers.

One of the troopers that had spotted them died messily, Gates’ bayonet stuck up under his ribcage, falling, heart and major arteries cut up beyond any hope of repair. The man had his revenge, as the rifle was stuck beyond Gates’ quick removal attempt. Ducking low, Gates let the weapon go, yanking out his M4 handgun.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the butt of a rifle sweeping up to hit him in the face. The cold metal dislocated his nose and opened a long cut on his cheek. Rolling with the hit, he avoided more damage, and he raised his pistol.

Blinking blood out of his eyes, he aimed at the man who’d clubbed him, who was trying to aim his rifle down at the prone Blackjack. Gates pulled the trigger first, though, the .44 caliber full-metal jacket hollow point shattering the man’s torso into a messy pulp. Gates sat up, hands gripped tight around the hand cannon, hunting for more targets. Blackjack and the other Stormtroopers had managed to finish them all off, fortunately, and Gates took the oppurtunity to work his rifle free of the corpse that had claimed it.

A hand reached down, and helped him to his feet. “Entrance taken,” Gates exhaled into his comlink with Havock and his squad. “Moving into the base immediately.”

Aside from the comlink, he gestured for a medic. “Someone fix my nose, will you?”

ESL/1SGTGarryll Gates/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [RoM][ICE][IH][CCA][BC][SRP][AS-1][ES1][CoS][EW1] {RESx3} [ESC09] [RoT] [CRoS] [AoT][CoZ]

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.
Garryll Gates
ComNet Veteran

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1440
January 15, 2011 10:28:49 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
OOC:
Blackjack

One of the Stormtroopers he didn’t know approached him and took out a medpack. Gates shook his head at that. “Just put my nose back in its correct place.”

The soldier shrugged, then reached up, gripped his nose and snapped it back into position. Gates blinked instinctive tears from his eyes and let loose a pained hiss. The medic stood back up, rifle in hand.

“Thanks,” Gates said, wiping the snot-and-blood mixture from under his nostrils. Corvin jiggled the doorknob on the command center. “Locked, sir.”

“Mm,” Garryll responded, his ‘answer’ carrying an annoyed tone. “Move out of the way. I’ll let us in.”

He stood up fully, adjusted the firing rate on his assault rifle to ‘semi-automatic,’ then turned to the door. It was light metal door, standard for most bases; cheap and easily mass-produced. Gates aimed his rifle and the pulled the trigger six times, blasting fist-sized holes out of the door around the handle and where he assumed the holding mechanism was.

“Blackjack!”

“Ready to move, boss!” barked Corvin. The other Stormtrooper fireteam nodded their readiness.

At that, the SL planted his foot in the center of the door and pushed, hard. “Go, go, go!”

He was first through the door, hustling inside, making room for everyone else. The Blackjacks piled in the doorway next, followed by the Stormtrooper fireteam. They were in an atrium, but there weren’t any guards or anything.

“Move it up!” Gates said next, waving past the security desk. Blackjacks’ boots clattered across the New Republic crest in the marble floor, stacking up either side of an entrance deeper into the building. One of the other Stormtroopers stepped up, a room-clearing special shotgun in his hands. Gates nodded at him.

The man levelled the weapon on the much flimsier interior door’s handle and blew it apart with one bark from his weapon. Gunfire flickered out as NR forces, finally found, opened up on them. Corvin pulled a frag grenade off of his belt and tossed it inside. Shouts of ”Grenade! floated out, and then the crump of the bomb going off.

Blackjacks moved into the room, bent half-over to minimize their profiles. They emerged into a communications room, a dozen guards and junior officers trying to hold it against them. A trio of guards and a young lieutenant had been ripped to shreds by the ‘nade, but the rest were trying their best to kill the intruders. Gates slid behind a computer console and blind-fired his assault rifle out of cover.

He tapped his comm-bead again. “Havock! We’ve entered the base, but we’ve bogged down. We’ve probably got all of their attention at this point, too!”

OOC:
Double post, yeah. Though I think this is covered in the double-post policy of six hours

Beta40
ComNet Cadet

Beta40

Post Number:  253
January 15, 2011 11:20:00 PM    View the profile of Beta40 
OOC:
RAIDERS

Beta got into position by the command center door while RK and Bright went off to set up explosives that would cave in the hall to prevent from being flanked while taking the base.  He got ready to kick down the door with his rifle in a lowered but ready position. Havock had her rifle at the ready to shoot out the hinges so that the door could give way easier. It wasn’t the same heavy doors that were used at the mine entrances but a much lighter and thinner plated door.

“Explosives set,” RK said after jogging back from the site where he had placed them then showed them a remote detonator, “when you’re ready Hav.”

Havock then looked over at Beta, “General…” she said sarcastically.

“Just wait for the right moment,” he then said back.

“Havock! We’ve entered the base, but we’ve bogged down. We’ve probably got all of their attention at this point, too!” They all heard Garryll say onto the open com.

“Just a bit longer,” Beta said. A few seconds later there were a few footsteps in the hall behind them. There was a shout in the background and Beta started to panic.

“NOW!” He yelled and there was an explosion in the background with a few muffled gunshots that were blocked by the falling rubble. At the same precise moment Havock fired a few shots into the side of the door and Beta kicked it down. All the RAIDERS piled quickly into the room and fired at all targets but the commander. As the republic troopers were dropping, Beta felt a searing pain in his abdomen and dropped to his knees with his hands pressed against the source of the pain. He watched as Havock kicked the pistol out of the commander’s hand and RK picked it and put the commander in a headlock with the pistol pressed tightly to the man’s temple. Beta then looked at his hand, which was now stained red and knew then what had happened.

Seriously, out of all the times on this mission it could have happened, why now? he questioned to himself as he was fighting to keeping consciousness. As he tried to watch what was going on everything blurred, then eventually faded.
PFC Beta40

Garryll Gates
ComNet Veteran

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1441
January 16, 2011 2:20:03 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
OOC:
Blackjack

“We’ve secured the commander,” Havock’s voice came over the comlink.

“Right, right,” Gates replied. “Blackjacks, keep the pressure on!”

Gunfire had turned the communications room from a center of information to a bullet-ridden room hat would be of little use to anyone without massive renovations. Some more damage, Gates reasoned, really wouldn’t mean anything.

He dug in his backpack and pulled out his last napalm canister, and ejected the spent one that had been taking up space under his assault rifle. The new load was slapped home with a reliable ‘thunk.’

Carefully, he flicked the switch on his rifle to flip to alt-fire, and peeked over his cover. The gunfire was being exchanged at a prestigious rate, but it was mostly just to keep the other side’s head down.

Garryll closed his eyes and breathed in, psyching himself up for the shot. The cacophony of gunfire was just pure sound at this point, and the groans of some wounded were barely audible.

He raised himself up, watching bullets flicker past him, and pulled the trigger. With a hiss, and then a roar, the flamer let loose, brilliant orange and yellow fire lit by napalm shooting out of the weapon. He played the spear of fire across the room, eliciting screams of pain and a rapid scramble by those not turned into torches out of the room. The gunfire petered out instantaneously.

The Blackjacks and other Stormtroopers rose from cover, rifles trained on the door. There were a few dead, and most of the rest had superficial injuries, but they were by far in better shape than the NR forces.

Suddenly, bullets started ricocheting off of the machines in the room and the walls. Everyone dove back into cover. “What the hell!?” yelled someone.

Gates thought about it for a second, then said, calmly. “Don’t worry. It’s just their ammo cooking off from the fire. Once the fire burns out, it’ll stop.”

They sat still for a while, as the fire wasted away and the occasional shell burned up and exploded outwards. Finally, after a ten-second period where Gates could barely smell the napalm-fueled fire and nothing had exploded, he gave his next order; “Time to move.”

They approached the door, peeking through, but the survivors of the flamethrower attack didn’t seem too keen to die for country. Gates waved them through, and they started to move down the next hallway. A dropped datapad with a New Republic crest lay abandoned on the floor. Gates picked it up, and clicked his way through several menus. “Map. Excellent.”

He flipped it to his ASL. “Find me the main command room.”

She nodded, and Gates linked with Havock again. “We’re making our way to you right now. ETA, five minutes, tops, unless we find more trouble.”

“Good, we’ve still got the situation under control here, so we’re ready for you whenever," Havock replied. "But faster would be better, I'd say."

Raziel
ComNet Marshal

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] Major
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight
[VE-ICS] Privateer

Post Number:  1640
Total Posts:  2873
January 16, 2011 2:29:20 PM    View the profile of Raziel 
final marks calculated here
MAJ/Raziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/(WoS1)(VP1)(VP2)[BoA][EW1][CDS][IH][GC][RoT][IG][SoS][GroM][PoC]
ARC Commander: Alpha, Beta Squads

"God does not play dice with the universe" - Albert Einstein
"Who are you to tell God what to do with his dice?" - Bohr
"God does not play dice with the universe. He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." - Terry Pratchett
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE (WoS1) (VP1) (VP2)
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > HSC 2010 story: Shatterpoint  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:04:27 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 698  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >