Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Fun in the Sun - Iron Horse

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Fun in the Sun - Iron Horse
Madman
ComNet Initiate

Madman

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  100
Total Posts:  119
  RE: Fun in the Sun - Iron Horse
June 15, 2010 9:39:43 PM    View the profile of Madman 
“We're going to kill someone? Maybe 'someones'?” Madman would ask as he leaned against a wall leisurely, dry soil still clung to his boots and pants as he clearly took his sweet time at cleaning himself up but he couldn't help it...it had been too long since he could enjoy that sticky feeling of blood on his own skin, it comforted him so. Saphira eyed him “Still filthy, as always? Get in the refresher and hurry it up.” she'd instruct, a bark from the ole' SL with her sharp eyes offering a piercing stare that meant she meant business. She'd then turn to the rest “Alright, we've got a job to do. Once Madman is out, we're gone.”

Locations were set in each of they're datapads, as if they each needed it but precautions were hardly unwelcome. The six of them were prepared, each with their weaponry disassembled and stashed away for safe keeping inside of their bags. Planetary officials would have hardly been thrilled to see a squad of armed Stormtroopers on leave while on the surface of Naboo while armed to the teeth. “You know...I wish I had a pet Grank.” Madman mused somewhat at the thought of owning one of those loveable predator and scavengers. D on the other hand tried to discern if they had in fact won or lost, the girls seemed to have lost interest of a little wager on some meat bags they had snatched up, Madman too. That mattered little though, some were in it for the wine...

Others...

Were in it for the danger, and he still had a trigger finger itching to kill some hostiles, non-civilian combatants he hoped anyhow. Though everything was so smoothly, Madman didn't like it...didn't trust these contacts that hey had gotten a hold of “By the way, how can you guys be talking about alcohol after last night.” He'd ask, his head still throbbed as D smirked in a happily amused fashion “Fine wine is fine, friend.” He'd reply to Madman as  turned to him “We're not friends.” bluntly he'd reply, “Yet.” He'd add as he pulled to the back of the group a Stormtrooper, deciding to make a watch the flanks, never did know how to have fun...because most of his fun wasn't typically fun.

Moments passed...

Soon talking just became the same little things, people araid to ask more personal questions, it was time to walk, and up a winding paved path they went, until that is they arrived at the building. They were there to merely talk business, but Saph had ultimately the last say in the situation. “Saph, we weren't followed.” Madman explained, as Saph darted a look back “Good to know...but I doubt we would be bothered by that at this point...” she'd remark as they got ready to meet their contact here on naboo.
TRP/SGT Madman/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/

IronHorseSquad
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Saphira Striker
ComNet Veteran

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1254
Total Posts:  1385
June 16, 2010 5:06:03 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Skyke had them secretly followed. Naturally, they didn't seem to notice with all their little bickering. It suited him fine for the purpose.  The less they knew at this point the better. Changing out of the ill suited garb, he once more fancied himself in his fine silken tie and dark Naboo green suit.The outfit slid over him like a second skin while the other was wool and itched something fierce.  It had taken all self control not to tear the awful thing to shreds; nor scratch at himself like a wild beast. The things he did for love...

Checking his chrono, it was time to go greet his guests and hope to intrigue them to the deal. Skyke straightened his suit and briskly walked out of his suit. Ignoring all his family and those who were asking last minute questions he made his way out and down towards the pavilion where the familiar voices were soon heard.

"We're on vacation after all..." Saphira grumbled with a bored tone in her voice. Tapping her fingers on the  table.  "You're way to paranoid."

"Well excuse me. perhaps I should go back and tell the front desk that your here?" He sneered.  Leaning against the cobbled brick siding. The look the female gave back was one of total disgust.

"Do, and I will make your life a total hell." She hissed. Grinding her teeth as she stood. The chair scrapped and gave a unholy screech that the others winced.

"You already do that. Like it would be any different." He drawled.

"Madman,  I mean it. I can make your life worse -"  She growled and stepped forward, grasping the hilt of the chair as if to use it as a weapon.

"I wouldn't goad her." Lucky spoke up.

"Both of you stop. If I have to stun you all. I will. I will find something and do it!" Ae snapped. Her eyes flashed as she rubbed her temples. If Skyke didn't get here soon she was going to snap...

"Did I intrude on something?"

Everyone stopped and turned to see Skyke standing at one of the entries to the pavilion. A couple jaws dropped at the sight of his attire. Almost quiet enough one could hear a pin drop as the young man gave a poised smile and stepped forward with a slight bow.

"I see I have gotten your attention. I want to apologize for hiding who I am. I had to be sure of your capabilities."

"Just who are you?" Ae questioned.

Skyke smiled. "Skyke Horrak. My family are Wine makers here. The best known on this planet." He gave a curt node to the trooper who was cradling the bottle of wine in his hands. "However, I didn't ask you here to speak about wine. You see, I am in need to have some experts. Someone who can help protect and defend."

Thought so. Saphira rolled her eyes and looked over to Lucky who  only shook her head.

"Hey! You're the guy that bought us those drinks that night!" Atoll shouted suddenly.  Lucky jumped in her seat slightly.

"Very observant. However, it wasn't me. It was a close friend. He wanted to see what you all would think. I didn't think you would all play drinking games..."

Saphira blushed. The man continued.

"I am getting married two days from now. It's an arranged marriage. I have known the girl from child hood. Her family are major traders here on Naboo and trade Art, grains, plasma, processed foods. Her name is Halena Naus. When we marry  my side of the family will sell the wine  at 50% to my Brides family  to honor an agreement that our fathers are hoping to merge the two businesses together." There was a sour note in his tone at the end of that. Someone always ended up being screwed in the end of a business deal like that.

The others turned and looked at each other for a moment. Saph was the first to think on it and answer.

"So, we are suppose to care why?"

"There have been 'accidents'. Sense family has been arriving the past couple weeks, she has had these accidents. At first they were small. Trips. nearly falling down the stairs. Now they are larger. Attempts on her life. No one has been able to catch who it is and security isn't concerned. When  I was told about your arrival I had to be sure. I would like to hire you all to protect her. Just until after we're married." He paused. " I know this is a holiday for you all. I can offer you all to be pampered at the end. It might be nothing. But I suspect foul play and I love her.  I will do anything... Money isn't an objection."
He was pleading in his voice and wasn't sure if they would take his job offer. The people here localy wouldn't be able to protect his bride to be. They would do their best, but they wern't as trained as the people in front of him were now. Battle hardened and some had years of training.

TRP/FSG Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LOR][EW:1C][ES:1C][BC][IH][MRT][DoH-P][CCA]

Author/JRN Saphira Striker/Lotaith/VET/VE
Atoll
ComNet Novice

Atoll

[VE-ARMY] Private Second Class

Post Number:  79
Total Posts:  80
June 16, 2010 5:56:03 PM    View the profile of Atoll 
Talohn sighed. So much for vacation, he thought as Skyke pleaded with them to protect his future wife. He begged, offered credits, his possessions. By the end of it, if they had taken everything he had offered, he would have nothing left but the hideous suit he was wearing. Lucky was looking at him with pity, while Ae, already frustrated by the group's bickering beforehand, looked ready to shoot him. Saph had had enough as well, and interrupted him halfway through his grovelling.

"Fine, we'll do it." she said.

"You. . . You will?" he asked, surprised.

"Well." She looked around at everyone. "Any objections?"

"Anything to shut him up." Ae snapped angrily.

Saph looked around enquiringly at the rest of the squad, recieving affirmative nods and a few 'why not?'s. She turned to face Skyke again.

"Yes, we'll do it."

His face immediately brightened up. A massive smile stretched from ear to ear and he bounded upright from the kneeling position he had entered during his speech. He seemed a completely different man. Gone was the poor, slumped and dejected young man. In his place now was a man who seemed fit to burst with happiness.

"Thank you so much. Thank you. You won't regret this, I swear it. You can have anything you want."

"Yes, yes. Just tell us what we need to know."

"Oh. . . Yes." He seemed to have forgotten about telling them the details in his excitement.

And then, he filled them in. Nearly every piece of information possible about the bride-to-be he had prepared. Evidently, he had been waiting for someone like them to come along. Everything, from her schedules, to where she ate and slept was included. He was very serious about her protection.

Talohn sighed. "So much for vacation." He muttered again.
TRP/PSC Atoll/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

"There is a use for everything. Even pain" - Unknown
Saphira Striker
ComNet Veteran

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1255
June 17, 2010 5:53:32 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
"Ease off Talohn. It's not going to be that bad." Lucky replied. Putting the emphasis on the word "that." Someone snorted as Skyke had already left them to their own devices. They were to get ready at once and meet him at the families estate where the wedding was taking place at in the next couple days.

"Easy for you to say." Talohn grumbled. He had plans for the the next few days and it didn't involve babysitting some snotty nosed girl.

"Look, either we could had said 'no' and that would had placed a sour note in his mouth and given a bad impression of our status of who and what we stand for." Ae interjected. Smelling another squabble quickly heating up. "I don't care if you don't like that it's a babysitting job or not. Either way it's a done deal and we still have to blend in as if we're not fighters. If the threat is real and some hired gun is going to be around..." She pursed her lip and left the sentence hang in the air for the others to finish silently. It was several moments  as everyone seemed to calm down. The slow pace of heartbeats and gentle caressing of the wind soothed whatever tempers ailed. As the sun was just coming to touch the tops of the trees and dance the rays through, only then did someone speak up.

"Well, at least one thing is looking up." This coming from D who was now leaning against the brick siding with a sly grin on his lopsided face.

"I am almost afraid to ask, but why?" Saph asked as she leaned up. Her eyes  almost darkening from each word.

"Cause we'll get to see you fin ladies in dresses after all!" D grinned and took off running as the chair flew  over his head and clattered against the cobbled path. Scarring a bystander who  looked over and saw  the man taking off running.

"D!! Get back here!!!" Saphira screamed. The rest of the guys took off in his wake. Making it now the best time to get their stuff and move on. Ae only shook her head.

"Let it go. Let's go find some of that hot drink we had this morning and simmer off. Besides, they have to be in suits. You know how much one of them in particular hates being in suites, and this is a black tie affair after all. So this will be outfits of the groom's choosing.Not theirs." Ae reminded.

Now that cooled her heels. Saphira gave a sigh and  counted to three as her eyes sifted back to their soft icy stare. If they had to wear something not of their choosing, that was good enough for her! Her stomach growled then again and the two  other women stared at her and giggled.

"Ahhh! The mighty stomach speaks!" Lucky teased. Forcing the twi'lek to smile. "Let the boys fend for themselves. They will forge the land for food while we dine on hot drinks and cheese!" Giving them a cheesy line herself they sat down and called a waiter over and ordered their new favorite drinks and some food. No sense on going over to their hired host hungry. They had better decency then that....

------------ One Day Later --------------

Skyke was as good on his word. He introduced the squad as hunting friends and no more.  They were given Halena Naus's schedule and were told to stay close but not to seem to be snooping around. The girls on the other hand were brought to Halena and the girl seemed to like the three right away. It seemed she was lonely and was in need to talk to someone that was not just relations.

It made their job all the more easier to watch her. Of course, they couldn't be by her side twenty-four seven. At the end of their first day, it seemed as if  Skyke's fears were nothing but a man who was just shot by cupids arrow and was paranoid. Of course, they were taken well care of. The food was beyond what they had at the inn. Fruit that was so ripe that the juice dripped down your chin and fingers. Sweet like honeydew that you didn't want to loose a drop.The clothing was made of silk and the bedding of goose feathers. The bed itself one sank down into and fell deafly asleep moments after laying down. It was heaven in itself. So no one was complaining about the job.

However, it was later that evening when Ae was taking her rounds that she saw a glimmer catch her left eye. Up near the railing of the golden staircase. Looking, it was gone. Nothing looked out of place and as she went to go check it out, out came Halena for her evening walk, just like her husband-to-be had said she always did. The young women smiled and went to the top of the stairs when Ae saw it.  Just barley as the light hit just right. A small trip wire and another aimed just right to severe her head.

"Halena!!! Don't!!!" Ae yelled and ran. Thankful that they didn't have to wear dresses just yet as she forced herself up the stairs as the girl gave a puzzled look.  Skyke came bolting out of a side door - a pale look on his face as if the worse had already happened.  The rest of the squad came out from their rooms. Having been roomed near their charge. Saphira reached her first and yanked her back as Ae dove through the trip wires and tackled them both. Cries came out as doors clicked open and wondered what the shouting match was for.

"Trip..wire..." Ae breathed as  she rolled off the too. Halena gave a look of horror in her dazzled blue sky eyes. Locks of red hair fell over her shoulders as the blue cloak she was wearing wrinkled. Tears swelled and she started to shudder and cry.

"T-They R-Really w-want me dead..." She sniffed as Skyke came and helped her up. Pulling her into the crook of his  left side. His right arm pulling over in a protective gesture.  His eyes said it all to them as he pulled her away for the evening - Get the bastards...

Saphira looked to Ae as she got up and rubbed her backside. "How the hell did anyone manage to get something that deadly up?"

Ae walked over and shook her head. "All I saw was a glimmer. I thought it was nothing. We have a real problem here. This person knows her exact movements. It's someone close."

"You think it's someone in the family?" Saph looked down to where Skyke walked away.

"It's not him. You saw the way he took her away? Like an Alpha Male protecting his mate. It's not him. They really do love each other. No. It's someone else." Ae stated bluntly.

"To bad we can't find men like him." She teased. helping her take down the trap. They joked and looked it over. It was too well made. Not something you could just get anywhere or make in your own backyard.  The metal was fiber mesh and strong as hell. Carefully, the Twi'lek ran her forefinger along the edge and hissed as it sliced into her flesh like butter.  "This is definitely the tool grade of a killer. Not some backwash trash."

"Agreed. Someone hired a killer. When those 'Accidents' didn't work, or scare up the marriage, the next step would be to terminate the contract." Ae replied.

"Lets go and tell the others. The wedding is in another day and I'm sure we'll see more of these little toys soon." Saph replied.  As soon as the girl was safe, the others had retreated back to their rooms. It was the only way to get the onlookers to shut their doors as well and not make a huge scene.  One thing was for sure, their job had now just became much more interesting.

TRP/FSG Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LOR][EW:1C][ES:1C][BC][IH][MRT][DoH-P][CCA]

D-Crowe
ComNet Novice

D-Crowe

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  59
Total Posts:  66
June 17, 2010 6:43:29 PM    View the profile of D-Crowe 
“Here’s what we found,” Saph said as she showed them the trip wire and the one meant for Halena’s neck.

“Wow, high grade assassin tools,” Talohn commented reaching to test the wire.

“I wouldn’t, it’s razor sharp.” Ae said.

“Well, what do we do now?” D asked, a glass of wine in his hand.

He was really enjoying this job, since he was able to taste some of the best wines in the galaxy. They decided that since she was going to bed for the evening they had better turn in too.

----------------The Middle of The Night----------------

D awakens in the middle of the night to a scream coming from Halena’s room. D grabs his DL-44 and ran  towards her room. He found her sitting in her bed, the window open. Immediately he rushed to the window and saw a black shrouded figure running away he aimed his pistol and took several shots, one of them hitting the person in the right leg.

The rest of the squad came running in, Lucky and Saph went immediately to Halena’s side to check if she was okay, whilst Talohn and Madman ran to D.

“Did you see him?” Talohn asked.

“No didn’t see his face, but I did hit him in the leg.” D responded, his heart racing.

Saph walked over, “nice shooting D.” She said, a worried look on her face.
TRP/PFC D-Crowe/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

D-Crowe Wiki Page

OOC:
All your Base are belong to us!
[This message has been edited by D-Crowe (edited June 17, 2010 6:44:02 PM)]
[This message has been edited by D-Crowe (edited June 17, 2010 6:44:36 PM)]
Saphira Striker
ComNet Veteran

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1256
June 18, 2010 3:35:48 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
After the attempt on Halena the previous night and whoever D had shot at during the night, everyone was on edge and on their toe's the next morning. However, both the Bride and Groom to be were acting as if nothing had ever happened. Giving the Iron Horse troops more resolve to find out what was really going on.
They are putting up a good front. Saphira thought as she chewed on the end of her right index finger. They were once more breaking their fast and just finishing up as more of the family came in for their own food. They were sure it was someone in the family that wanted the union to fail. Yet they didn't know who. Everyone seemed rather happy and they couldn't pick out who would be to blame. When they questioned Skyke about it, he only rolled his shoulders.

"I have thought about it. No one has anything to gain by killing her. The merge would happen with or without her. This is just another way to keep the bloodlines going and ties stronger." Came the simple reply.

The reply had only opened up more questions then answer anything they had. Fanning out they looked for more traps and found only a couple more. Whoever was hired had probably been let known someone was on to them and backed off. Licking her lips, Saphira didn't like it one bit. They didn't have their weapons, nor armor. They couldn't parade around like they owned the place for fear of causing a panic either. Damn it! I don't like this one bit. This is no fool assassin either. Her heart rate picked up as her stomach growled again demanding to be fed again. On top of it all, she was getting used to being fed and pampered to a lavish lifestyle that the Army surly didn't waste on their own! Note to self: Bring up to command that we need a better pay check for good eats like this. By the bones, if they had stuff like this, perhaps they wouldn't need to fight so hard!

-------

The comlink buzzed  on the desk. It was old and well cared for. Reflecting the face that looked over with disgust as the hand swiped the device and answered. It had better be good news.

"What is it now? You know it's been busy."

"I am sorry. I regret to inform you I have failed again."

The voice crackled over the com. Having to use a secure network so not to be overheard.  There was a few moments of silence.

"I didn't hire you to be a failure. The ceremony is tomorrow fool!" The voice raged with a hack at the end. Giving away the hint of age. "You're suppose to be the best and at the credits you best asked for -"

"I didn't expect Skyke to hire Vast Empire forces." He interrupted his client. Breathing  ragged. He was getting tired of the antics. It should had been an easy job at disposing the women. Now it wasn't. He couldn't be seen by those troopers with the price on his head here. He was well wanted on Naboo and the authorities would greatly want his hide."I know by how they are moving. You can't hide how a soldier moves by their training. Your people are stupid." He droll ed. When his man was shot in the leg he checked them out. It wasn't hard to do and hack into a database. Skyke was lucky that a squad was here by chance.  He was  greeted on the other end by a hiss of anger.

"I don't care if it's the queens guard. Kill her. I will not have one of my family spawn with that. Kill her and be done with it."  There was a click an the conversation ended.

Melrax Fael leaned back in his hotel room and tossed his com to the side. It rolled to against the side table and fell to the floor with a tap. "Don't worry. It'll get done old one."  All this because of religion or something?  He shook his head and rolled his shoulders as one popped. He didn't normally  care or did jobs that seemed menial. However, the credits were good. He keyed in a number and  left his room to tell his boys the plan to attack the wedding ceremony in the morning. Knowing very well that the troopers would likely be there, he smiled. Just a couple hours. I'll have something special planned for them while I take my prey...

Luckystar
ComNet Disciple

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant Major

Post Number:  2370
Total Posts:  3440
June 18, 2010 8:19:16 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Luckystar felt uneasy, they were being treated well. Fed amazing food, pampered to no end and in return they had to keep watch on Halena, keep her alive at least for the duration of their stay here, once they were off this planet she was no longer their responsibility and as such whatever happened to her then was out of their control.

Unable to do very much about their length of stay here, she thought back to what people were doing back on Tadath. This was supposed to be a vacation not a 'babysitting' job as one of the Troopers had put things.

"....I hate this dress!" Saph exclaimed as she came into the room, causing Lucky to snap back  to the present. Looking over her shoulder, she found herself barely able to keep a straight face. Saphira looked uncomfortable in the dress, her skin color didn't match that well with the dress but her characteristics added some unique touches to the garment.

"Don't laugh, it's your turn to done yours" she growled Lucky's way.

With a wavering smile Lucky went to change into her own dress, she wasn't a fan of them. She preferred military boots, cargo pants, short sleeves and the like but if she really had to wear one she would. A few minutes later, she stepped out and paraded in front of Saph.

"It's not THAT bad...A little short mind you but I've had to wear worse garb"
Saphira Striker
ComNet Veteran

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1257
June 19, 2010 1:09:36 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
If she felt as stupid as she looked, she hoped the rest of the guys did. It still showed on her face as Ae walked in. The two women turned and couldn't help but "try" and supress back their own smirk.

"Laugh it up. You should hear the shouts coming from where the guys are changing from." Ae replied. Changing the subject and their interest as the women perked their eyes up.

"Oh really?" Lucky asked.

"I think MadMan is annoyed he can't hide his face and there was something about how someones rear looked too big." she replied.

That put the women all into laughter into guessing at who would be saying something like that. When they calmed down, they went down to business as they had only a few moments before they would have go out to the back valley like setting where the guests were gathering. It was already early morning and warm. With the sun rising and the morning dew driping off  the flowers, it was the perfect setting for when the sun would hit the bride and groom at the altar.

The perfect time for an attack as well Saphira replied mentally. Her mouth as starting to dry as  she poked at the hem of her dress. How women could wear such things was beyond her. They couldn't even hide any weapons on their person.  They had weapons on various stations they had set up out of civilians eyes wouldn't look. However, there was the chance their assassin might know where too.  It was a chance they had to take as  there was a knock at the door and maid told them it was time.

"Alright, show time. Let's go meet our guys and stand pretty with the guests.." Saphira stated.

Madman
ComNet Initiate

Madman

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  101
June 19, 2010 2:13:14 AM    View the profile of Madman 
~~Moments Earlier~~

So close and yet so far, Madman knew there was a little rat, plotting and toying with his own fate. Madman hated to wait, for some parties he could barely sleep at night, not that it changed much,  the thrill of fighting plagued his mind constantly as he kept an outer calm. He was nuts, they would say if they knew, what sort of man favored the bitter taste of bloodshed over the company of a lovely woman? Bah, both were better than being drunk as he mildly still regretted having been intoxicated, regretting how he might have acted without recollection. It was bothersome to say the least, but atleast this 'Cafeena' was good stuff, really kept him on the edge but boy was it hot. Carrying a mug of the stuff in a leather gloved hand  he would walk over to Saph and looked over her shoulder as she eyeballed the lavish spread.

“Just gonna go to your hips, dear.” He threw a blanket over his typical words, creating a screen as he tried his hand at being another person, by the force he had only seen thousands of individual, a handful who he prefered and only one of which he felt was classy enough to immitate with a dash of his own peculiar self. He had a bit of stubble over his broad and masculant chin and over his cheeks and jaw as he drew a sip off his mug. While he didn't look like a little porcelain doll in a tuxedo, not all wealthy traders and businessmen men wore clean shaven faces nor did they have boyish features. Such stereotypes would be a dead give away, especially to a trained killer. Madman didn't mind though, his drink felt rightly warm enough to cause a ripe bit of damage, not like they'd be riding in with tanks or anything, and on top of that the ceramic of the mug felt like it would splinter rather nicely on someone's head and his fists were terrible weapons in there own right.

Saph clearly didn't enjoy the aspect that she had a Madman looking over her shoulder and giving her dieting tips “Like you'd know what was best, you lived on Dewback meat for years.” She'd sharply retort as Madman interjected “And it was a good couple of years too! Dewback is good eats.” He'd rectify her statement, clearly bothered by the fact she treated his own past dietary habits as if he were a cannibal or a isolated nujob...oh wait. Madman passed by D and Talohn “Stay sharp fellas, if you nab him I want the head.” He'd chime as if he really would enjoy holding the surprisingly as if he'd truly enjoy the cumbersome weight of a disembodied head in his hands.

As he drifted out of earshot “Geeze, sometimes I worry he'd the kinda guy that's a little trigger happy.” Talohn would nudge D, as he'd shrug “Yeah, maybe he is...but I don't think this guy'd be here If he already did that sort of stuff. Come on, Saph wants us to go and take a look around a bit, make sure there isn't any other 'suprises' in store for the 'happy' couple.” D would explain to Talohn “Alright, sure hope we don't end up on the receiving end of one of those traps though.” He'd mutter as the two went to make another round.

“So, Madman still jittery?” Lucky would ask as she and Aeos approached Saph “Yep. Commented about how this food wouldn't be good for my hips.” She's smirk, it was slightly amusing as Lucky and Aeos laughed “Hey, you should have asked him why he was apying such attention to your hips anyhow.” she'd offer, Saph found it pretty good “Yeah, considering him he probably would have left in a hurry.” She'd take a soft sip from her drink “So, anythin to report?” She'd ask Lucky and Aeos “Well, we checked the water to make sure it wasn't poisoned, test came back negative but we found partial footprints in the mud north of the house.” Lucky would report, “And?” saph asked, wondering if anything came up from the tracks, but she already knew what Lucky was about to say “The tracks were covered, the guy is a real slippery one.” Lucky, Aeos, and Saph would all sigh, so much for a vacation “Atleast the foods good, though.” Saph would return to oggling the spread, before she herself would decide to take more direct action.

~~Now~~

The soldiers in disguise were all sitting neatly with the guests, in their lavish clothing, Madman hated this mission again. But then again, he wasn't there at the moment as he had such a poor concept of time or...sanctity of mariage. Everyone should have been down there, waiting for the couple to come down the aisle, but instead the soft sound of him sipping an exceedingly hot drink bounced off the walls as the door opened just as he finished draining himself. He was walking towards the door when he realized the man was...well, he wasn't on the guest list, not with the dishelved, greasy hair of his. The man reached for a small concealed weapon but instead he felt the hard cap of his knee slam into the oafs groin. “Sorry sir, this is for guests only!” He'd then splash his heated drink in the man's face, causing his fingers to claw numbly at their burning face as they slipped up in thwet floor just shortly before he smashed the mug into his face, breaking the man's thick, ugly nose and shattering it over his face as he'd fall with bleeding scrapes and coffee running down his beat red, scorched face.

“Looks like we got company.” Madman would enthusiastically grin as he reached up to fix up his striped tie as he took his time to wash his hands and treat the mild wounds and bruises before he left out of the bathroom and booked down toward his seat, but somewhere in the tide of people he could feel Saphira glaring through his head, melting his brain as he scooted in and took his seat before giving her a signal, she didn't know what it meant but she'd assume he'd encountered something so she'd send relay to the rest of the squad to stay sharp. Soon the wedding music played, with a popular bith group playing to a most harmonious tune, as it was time for the couple to do there thing. First it was Styke who came out with one of his most trusted friends at his side as he walked down the aisle in traditional dress for this sort of event. Though he kept a strong outter calm, he was worried, worried for the day, worried for his spouse, everything.

Soon it was time for the bride to arrive, security had been paramount, and her dressing station had been placed as close to the wedding area as possible. Private secuirity forces walked up and down the hallways, serving not only as a intimidating presence but also to ensure that there were no traps along the way. After some bit of waiting, however, it seemed that the bride was either late...or missing.

IronHorseSquad
[This message has been edited by Madman (edited June 19, 2010 2:15:34 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Madman (edited June 19, 2010 2:45:06 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Madman (edited June 19, 2010 2:49:04 AM)]
Saphira Striker
ComNet Veteran

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1259
June 19, 2010 9:48:29 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Halena was shaking as her hands  ran up and don her arms. There were shouts for her name as she hide in a small broom closet. After what had happened, she didn't know if she could go through with it. Would they attack Skyke too? Everything had been directed towards her and her alone. All the accidents, tricks..

They would find her. They would force her to still go on and wouldn't see what had just happened. No one had sense these things started. Everything had been done just right that it all had seemed just like an accident. Both sides were so blind with wanting them to marry and get this union done that there was nothing but  a tunnel vision.  Both loved each other and that was enough for her. Her family was happy, but also cared more for the business side as well.  With a sigh, she stood and came out from her hiding spot and found the servant who was calling her. Happy her charge didn't run, on they went....

-----

With the sun  raised perfect to it's peak, it was announced the Bride was found and had last minute jitters. A rolled sigh escaped the crowed and the look on Skykes face was one of relief and concern.  The squad stood ready as the Bride arrived and  rose petals were strewn on the white rolled out mat. Signifying her purity for all to see as a tradition for the family.  Her gown sparkled as the sun's rays touched it gently.

She's beautiful Saphira thought. Watching her walk down.  Her own fingers still poking at the dress she had to wear. Still, she had eyes poking at her with the traditional blandish dress that obviously didn't  attune to her skin or species. yet it was a tradition and she had to wear it. 

-----

Melrax Fael stood not far from the crowd. Having blend in and slept past their eyes as he had over the past, it was easy to get his men in place. Even the so called great Vast Empire forces were too busy checking the guests that they failed to notice their entrance.  Giving a cruel smile, he had sat and waiting as he noticed his high paid  customer sitting near the front.  Looking anxious as hands gently had rubbed together.  Melrax  knew things were not going the way they should and that left a bad taste in his mouth.

"Not for long..."

Snapping his head left, he noticed that at last the target had at last arrived. For once he thought that perhaps the boy had thought he would call the wedding off at the last minute. However, he knew that the family wouldn't let that. They were strong and stubborn and wouldn't let the lovers just flee. Too much family bound they would stay and the justification in the end would prove fatal. Tapping his left wrist, he let a small piece of metal catch to light and trigger the sign to give his men the go ahead. As the girl would make it just about to the altar the distraction would be set and he would go in for the kill...

-----

"I really can't wait for -" Lucky started to say something as the guys caught her attention. Ae and Saph looked over to see them picking at the threads on their suits.

"Stop that you guys. Acting like children." Saph hissed as she started to move  over towards them.

Then all hell broke loose as a smoke bomb as tossed down in the middle of the isle and a flash bang soon after in the middle of the crowd. Deadly screams mingled with bloody tones  rang in their ears as the troops instantly had dropped to the ground the moment the smoke had gone off. Going for their hidden weapons as saphira ripped at the dress to make it easier to move and fight in.

"SITHSPIT!!!"

Someone shouted. Saph wasn't sure who shouted as her ears rang. Senses  on hay wire as  they came up. People ran  all over  screaming for help as  dead and wounded lay scattered. The pungent oder of blood reached her nose. Making the Twi'lek gag as they ran forward. Their first objective making sure that their charge making it safe.

Madman
ComNet Initiate

Madman

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  102
June 20, 2010 2:59:58 AM    View the profile of Madman 
The haze, it was back again, that throbbing haze that built up in the back of his head and spread over to his eyes. Maybe he really was crazy but the bathroom didn't thrill him quite as much as this did, though these little pawns may not have looked it, they had extensive training as military persons, not quite Imperial Training but it was best never to take them lightly. “Holy cr- Who the fack blew one!” Madman would shout in disgust as the thick black clouds billowed out, sending the guests into a slowly building panic. Of course Saphira was the first up, a carbine blaster pulled out and ready to slag the first hostile person off the face of the world and she'd do it too, grinning the whole time “Alright! Aeos, your with me on protecting the couple, Madman and Talohn, take left exit, rest of ya go check the right one. Move it!” She'd instruct, there was no time for games, no time for trivialities.  One thing was for sure, and every Iron Horse thought about it, that this better be damn worth the trouble.

“Hey kid.” Madman would grin as he looked over at Talohn “Tell me you've experienced stuff like this, yeah?” He'd ask as the two made it through the black smoke, as a scarlet bolt whizzed between their heads “Crouch and fire!” He'd shout, as Talohn nodded “Right!” He'd focus on the direction of the fire, quickly there was little time to spare with trivialities as Madman and Talohn bent at the knee with their  weapons drawn, shoulder to shoulder with the cover of various chairs blocking the view of their enemies.  The first shots of return fire rang forth, somewhere within the dark, sputtering cloud of darkness “Alright, come on you two.” Saph told the married couple, they were bent on making this a successful mission, “Think Madman will be alright all alone? Lucky told me stories from abck when you and the other squads were kidnapped.” She'd ask, and she had the right to doubt the soldiers capabilities “Trust me, he knows what he's doing. Let's cut the chatter and get these two out of here pronto!” She'd reply as the two, obviously frightened pair were escorted towards Lucky and D's position.

Things were just a bit clearer over there, looked as if one of the armed men was trying to push in further, but despite days of planning – a kink in the plan had popped up and the lone rodian found himself alone, sputtering out curses in his native tongue before a blaster bolt grazed his face, not just grazing it but burning to the boney innards of the side of his face as he reeled back in pain and attempted to make a tactical withdrawl, but Madman refused to let the man escape, he pushed forward, knocking chairs around his shins and ankles, as he turned he took aim and blew a few holes through his protective vest as he stumbled, slowing as his body gave with the force before he felt a bolt shoot right through his spine and guts, but being stopped b the interior of his vest, dying promptly shortly after “Yeah! Got another one!” He'd shout like a energetic school kid who'd just landed a dodge ball into the face of one of his classmates. Talohn shook his head “Another one? We only took one guy down.” He insisted, beginning to wish he were paired with someone else instead. Back on the other side, Lucky and D pushed up into the hallway, Lucky taking point and having D cover her back “Coast is clear so far...” she spoke in a hushed voice, something was wrong shortly as D accidentally stepped on a trigger which caused a soft clicking noise.

“Get down!” Lucky swiftly ducks and drives her shoulder into his gut in order of throw her well earned  strength and agility into his center of gravity and move him as far as possible before a tray of cleverly concealed grenades discharge causing the hallway to ignite in a  fit of explosions. Lucky finds that a bit of shrapnel embeds itself into her shoulder and another bit cuts through her waist and drives itself against D's ribs, though thankfully lacked the momentum to penetrate or break his ribs as the two fell to a halt, smoke billowing out from the explosion as the delicate and ornate walls of the hallway were black and burned, which was sufficient evidence to trigger the fire supression system as a thick foam began to spray on the walls and floor, much like water but it was thicker in order to ensure that the fire stayed out. Saph grinded her teeth when she heard that “Sithspit.” she cussed again as she turned to find that the heat over in the other hallway was gone “Looks like we almost fell for it.” Aeos grunted, this was a dangerous situation they were in “Alright, D, Lucky.” She'd wait for them to get over being covered partially with foam, and allowed them to address the thankfully minor wounds “We're all going the other way, Madman and Talohn are advancing forward so it seems the safest way.” Saph would instruct with confidence as she started on her way “Or perhaps that's what he wants us to do...” D added, as he helped Lucky pull out the bit of metal from her shoulder and help wrap it up “Your probably right, but we won't know until those two do.” She'd hiss, “Everyone, let's go! Aeos and D would move ahead as Saph stood next to the couple who had some pretty close shaves.

“I don't like this.” Skyke would mutter, likely burdened with guilt, he felt like this was somehow his fault before his wife to be grabbed his hand “Don't.” She simply told him,  comforting him as  they carefully progressed. Madman and Talohn were far ahead, thankfully things were pretty quiet, he was used to traveling relatively light but today was a bit ridiculous, didn't even get any of that good food which was now covered in dust from the smoke bombs. Suddenly they stopped, at the end of the hall was what appeared to be a Gamorrean wielding a Rocket Launcher “Oh boy.” Talohn groaned, “This should be fun.” Madman added as the rocket shot forward, at an angle which was designed to hit the ground rather than themselves – what a smart little green neanderthal. Madman checked Talohn in a familiar looking area, pushing the two into the bathroom as the door shut itself and as it swung back it suddenly was blown ajar. Talohn was relieved, that was until he turned back and found a main with terribly bad swelling and brusing over the center of his face, he had a garrote wrapped around Madman's throat and he was pulling hard. Talohn quickly tugged out a combat knife from his boot and drove it deep into the scalp of the man, who spasmed and began to release the thin implement.

“Ulhgh...” Madman tried to recover, slipping it off as he gagged and coughed “Well consider it repayment.” He'd grin, which faded into a frown as he heard the Gamorean  moving his heavy body closer and closer “Shit...” He muttered, and just as it turned, aiming the explosive weapon inside and readied the trigger, a series of blaster fire ripped through his body and eventually hit the pack of explosive canisters and caused him to explode catastrophically. After the smoke cleared, Saph stood over the Gamorreans body, looking a bit smug “Hey there boys, need a hand?” She'd ask as Madman motioned further, a red line still around his throat “For once, I thought you'd never ask.” He'd offer, she deserved that much at least as he accepted her help “Alright, guys. Stay loose.” Lucky would remind them as Madman and Talohn got out of there “Maddy, we're almost out, you, Talohn and D move up ahead, Lucky, you check the hangar, look for any vehicles that aren't booby trapped, I'll move these two  somewhere safer until you guys are certain we'll get out safe. Move out!”

~~Elsewhere~~

A man in a red cowl rubbed his temples frustratingly, he' lost three agents already...bumbling idiots they were! Tapping into the video feed, he was able to watch his opponents, though he couldn't read their lips with such shitty resolution. “Hmm...” The man stoicly muttered as he rubbed his chin, his face obscure by darkness “A most curious opponent, pretty keen.” He pondered over the obvious before he took up a tranciever “Gund. Grab Rifle... and meet me in the forest outside of the estate. “ He'd simply instruct, he didn't need to threaten them always...they knew the error of their mistakes.

DEATH

~~Back to the Estate~~

Two more armed thugs were dead, and there was a whole lot more collateral damage. Hostile activity seemed to draw to a halt as Saph was holed up in a sturdy room with Aeos by the door, the two lovebirds huddled together it was sweet, and at the same time it just reminded the military gal of just how unfulfilling it was being in the military, the fear that if such a relationship blossomed they could be dead the next day. Not that it really mattered of course, as Lucky returned “All the vehicles were trapped, almost found out the hard way.” She hissed, mildly displeased that Saph didn't go herself, being she was the explosives expert on the squad.

~~In the Forest nearby~~
“Yeah, theres definitely someone here...” D would mutter, examining the soil “But where?” Madman would utter as a blast came from no where it would seem. Suddenly there was a rushing noise, the cracking of twigs and debris that attracted the troopers deeper, deeper until they spotted something peculiar...it was a brown mass of leafs and twigs, Talohn slowly walked towards it to discover it was a speeder “What the-” Suddenly there was a sharp pain, a razor sharp and ornately crafted knife drove into his shoulder, Madman managing to duck another volley as they saw a man with a mandolorian mask draped in strange clothes “Fools! You'll all pay for this day!” He'd grit his teeth, “Yeah buddy? Well you don't look so tough!” Talohn would rush forward, he knew what to do, he knew- but suddenly  the man with great agility kicked up, striking him in the jaw, before striking him in the chest and knocking him down.

“Urgh...” Talohn groaned as he struggled to get up, breath through the wind that was knocked out of him as D stood a little shocked “Alright, my turn!” Madman grinned enthusiastically as he moved forward, but managed to duck a rather showy move 'That all?” Though his smug comment was destroyed with a common jab to the face, sending him down only temporarily as he spit out a few teeth. Distressed, D moved in, he drove his shoulder and sent the man into a nearby tree – he was pretty light, he felt he might win this before a small knife drove into  his back, and twisted to cause D to flinch in agonizing pain and fell to his feet. Just as the man was ging to stomp, Madman had managed to get up and gave him a fist full of wood to the face, breaking over the metal but ultimately disorienting him enough to stumble near Talohn where he'd stab the assassin in the leg, finding a weak spot in his light armor.

The man howled in pain, as he managed to fight through it, landing a kick so hard it broke Madman's jaw, he was growing tired of these games as he pulled out a vibrosword “Hmm...I've always enjoyed cutting through people like butter but-” suddenly a barrage of blaster fire pressed through the woods, he knew his time was much shorter than he anticipated “Your masters are here it would seem. You've gained avery nasty enemy this day.” He'd inform them as he rushed to his Speeder and made his escape.

IronHorseSquad
Atoll
ComNet Novice

Atoll

[VE-ARMY] Private Second Class

Post Number:  81
Total Posts:  80
June 20, 2010 8:21:13 AM    View the profile of Atoll 
Talohn watched angrily as the man drove away on the speeder, zig-zaging through the trees. He cursed and then turned to look at D, who was lying on the ground, a deep wound in his back. He saw Madman beside him, nursing a broken jaw delicately. This reminded Talohn of his own injury, which suddenly bursted into pain at the thought of it. Adrenaline, Talohn thought grudgingly. Gets rid of the pain for the moment, but afterwards...

He moaned aloud and sat down, leaning his back against a tree. "I hope you're a medic, Maddy."

Madman chuckled. "Hate to break it to you, but I'm not."

"How's D?" Talohn grunted.

"I'm fine." A shaky voice mumbled. "But my back... is not."

"We need to cover that with something. To stop the bleeding. For mine as well."

Madman grinned. "I've got just the thing."

==============

They left the forest, heading back to meet up with the girls. They were all grinning slightly, except for Madman whose broken jaw found itself quite unable to do anything, and somewhat cheery, despite being stabbed and kicked.

"Looks like these things came in handy after all." Talohn laughed. He prodded a strip of cloth that was wrapped around his shoulder. D also had a strip of cloth around his back, covering his wound. To be precise, they were dark green pieces of cloth. And their suits were ripped, both of them missing an arm.

"Suits a better purpose than wearing them." D said, halfway through a laugh, before he stopped suddenly and moaned. "Laughing hurts."

"Heh heh, how's your jaw?" Talohn asked Madman.

He shrugged. "It's been better."

Talohn laughed shakily again, shifting his arm in the sling to make it more comfortable. He had created this sling with the other arm of his suit for his arm, because moving it was torture for his shoulder.

"Who do you think that was?" D asked.

"I don't know. But he was very well trained." Madman said, rubbing his jaw ruefully.

"He was Mandalorian." Talohn said. "The mask was a bit of a give-away. And I know that kind of fighting. The Elders taught it to promising fighters back home." Suddenly, his mind flashed back to his early life, as always when anything related to it was mentioned. A tall figure standing over him, pointing down with all the authority of fate itself. Roaring and shouting.

"You were Mandalorian?" D asked.

Talohn face had gained a dream-like quality, as if his mind was somewhere else completely. His eyes were glazed over and his face was expressionless. "I was." Talohn sighed.

"You were? What does--"

"I am not anymore and that is all that matters." Talohn snapped. His face was now stony and hardened. He had quickly switched back to his old self, if only for the moment.

"Let's just get back to the girls and tell them what happened." Madman interjected, before things got worse. Talohn nodded firmly and D just shrugged.
TRP/PSC Atoll/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

"There is a use for everything. Even pain" - Unknown
Saphira Striker
ComNet Veteran

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1260
June 20, 2010 4:03:03 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
A team of medical droids were dispatched to the scene as the women ran and saw aid to the boys. They were roughed up, but nothing some bacta patches wouldn't fix. However, the air rank of death as voices shouted to the team as to who the hell they were. Skyke standing up, half limped over and shouted his authority over the lot of them. His shoulder was wounded as well. Having jumped in and putting himself in harms way to protect Halena and in the process managing to injure his leg somewhere in between.

"This isn't the time. You all have been  damn fools. I have tried to warn you. You only cared about this stupid alliance and none for the well being and happiness of my Bride. Now look at the results." He snapped and raked a bloody hand through his hair.

Who's blood it was, Saphira and the others didn't know. It was obvious he was tending to his kin before help had arrived. Helena too had her hands covered in grit. Her dress no longer sparkled, but was smothered in smoke and stained in dirt and light blood.

"Hey!" A shout from behind them brought her head to swerve back. Ae was tending to the guys as she slapped a bacta patch on D. He gave a loud groan and shuddered for a moment. Lucky was cleaning Talohn's wound when a security guard  was dragging a rough knecked dressed man over towards them. 

"That's one of the men I shot!" D replied as another shudder rolled through his body.
That must had really hurt. Saph thought as she, Lucky and Ae walked over to the wounded man. He was coughing and looked pretty bad.

"Straight to the point. Who is your boss?" Ae barked. Her voice held a no nonsense tone.

"L-Like I should T-Tell you a-anything." He rasped.

Saph pushed Ae aside. A snarl on her face as she had enough of these games. Their vacation had been blown from under their feet and no little pile of bantha poodoo was going to  remain silent.  His wounds were fairly deep and one was in his right shoulder as she moved and dug her right index finger into his flesh. Twisting her fingers with a look of pure evil on her face. The man cringed and then screamed as she used her free hand to grip his jawline and force him to look into her cold eyes.

"Now, you're going to tell me the name of your boss and who hired him. Tell me now and this will stop. Don't, and things will only get more interesting from here out. Trust me on this." Saphira hissed. Her fingers twisted some more. Feeling the muscle spasm around her fingers as blood pooled and spilled out. He wouldn't die, not yet. She would save that for the Naboo forces after he would heal. Assuming he wasn't just a petty hired gunman hired.

"Melrax Fael...He hired me. He's the most wanted guy around these parts..." The man easily sung. Giving indication he was just some petty thief that the man got off the street.  Most likely Melrax hired him and the others with little pay and the promise of more. "I. I don't know who hired him. All I know it was someone in the grooms family. Didn't want the girl to taint  the family. That's all I swear..."

Disgusted, Saph stood up and wiped the blood off on her dress. Security took him away and they didn't care if he got help or not. Walking back amongst the cluttered chairs as the wounded and dead wee being removed, they talked amongst themselves for a moment.

"So, it was Fael you guys ran into out there." Ae stated.

"Yes. He obviously is pissed and has a newfound hate for us. I think it's safe to say the squad has earned a new enemy. However, I wish we could have bagged and tagged the man." Talohn grumbled.

"Well, I think it's odd someone like him took a job like this." Lucky  said.

That was odd. It was still bugging them when a shout came from over near the altar. There was Halena fighting with an older women. Her sandy brown hair was streaked with grey. In her left hand was a vibro blade and Halena had a bloody streak down the right side of her cheek.

Skyke instantly rushed over shouting - "Grandmother!!!! Grandmother! Stop it!!"

"Grandmother?" Everyone blinked and rushed over.

The old women was snarling and cursing at the girl.  Halena had tears down her face.  The salt stinging the wound on her face as she managed to knock the weapon from the older womens hands. Her hazel eyes flared with anger as Ae rushed in and pulled the women back. Skyke took Halena into his arms and looked horrified.

"Grandmother? What in gods name..." He started.

"It never should had gotten this far. I tried to dissuade your father. I tried to stop this wedding. But you had to fall in love with this.. this trash!" Relena Horrak hissed with bile in her voice.

"I've always loved her. You never seemed to object. You knew we were bound from a young age." Skyke spoke.

The old women laughed. Her true nature revealed.

"I had tried to find you other women. From am ore worthy station. Yet your fathers wanted more with this business and didn't see that this family would taint our religion and culture. I couldn't and still won't stand for it."  Relena said.

"So you would kill her? That justify's it?" Lucky snapped and broke in.  The old women turned her head and looked at the squad that had ruined everything.

"You wouldn't understand. You all are nothing but worthless fools." She spat at them. "below my feet and the earth you walk on."

That answers that.Lucky thought. All this just because of an old womens senile belief? It was stupid and had caused allot of hurt and pain.  The deaths of at least eleven guests and injuries of half a dozen for something that was nothing.

"You're wrong." Halena spoke up. Anger in her voice. "You never oncegave me a chance. You harmed more then us. You killed and injured your family and we are still going to marry and have a family. We never once cared for the family business and we would toss it all away to live simple lives. You're old and senile." There was real pain in her voice as someone gave her something to press to her bleeding cheek.  The old women  locked her jaw and started to say something when  Skyke waived over a couple family members.

"Take her to the security forces. Her crimes are far too high for family to deal with. We'll let the queen deal with her punishment. make sure she can't call for help.." Skyke ordered. They nodded and took the old women off who was screaming her revenge that she would still get the girl. However, with her funds locked, Melrax Fael wouldn't be able to get the rest of his credits. He would be lucky if he got the first half of his payment as it was. So, if anything, the old women would have her hands full with the man coming to her first...

----Two Days Later---

Once more the Sun was shining, but the air was still thick was concern. The Bride and Groom stood once again at the altar as the friends and family stood behind them to watch as the priest spoke the binding words that would make them man and wife. Though it was  more quiet and there were now more then a handful of the Queen's guards around the wedding. Those that had been injured were now present. Those lost, were there in the loved ones hearts.

After the attacks, word had traveled fast and the guards had taken the traitor and the only survivor back to the palace to await trial. The Iron Horse Squad was honored this time around as honored guests and stood in front on the sides to the bride and groom. Everyone was once more dressed in brilliant colored threads and it took all self control not to pick and tear at them. 

Skyke had his arm in a sling and Halena a small bandage on her cheek. Other then that, they looked happy and wonderful as the priest announced their named before the crowd.

"I now pronounce you Husband and Wife. You may now Kiss the Bride!"

He did and a thunder of claps and cheers ranged.

--------A Day later------

"Ya know, this wasn't all that bad." Saph replied. The girls were sitting back recieving shoulder rubs and pedicures.  Sighing with relief as Skyke was good on his promise.

"Your just saying that because you're now out of that dress." Lucky teased. Earning a quick teasing glare.

"Hey, Ae, what are the guys up to?" Saph replied to change the subject. They were all dressed still in the good clothing they were provided before.

"Last I checked, they were shoveling food in their faces." She gave a grin and winked. The girls laughed as their hosts walked in.

"You three look like your having a better day." Skyke replied with a brilliant smile on his face. Holding his wifes hand as his thumb rubbed the top of her knuckles.

"Aye." Ae replied.

"You're shoulder looks better. The mark too." Lucky pointed to Halena. She only blushed to a light rosy pink on her face.

"So, you're getting ready to leave for your honeymoon?" Saph asked.

"Yea. We just wanted to say our fare wells and  many thanks.  the staff here knows your to have whatever you want until your to leave. However, we would like to keep in contact with you." Skyke asked.

"Uh, Sure. However, all you would need to do is just contact the Army and ask for Iron Horse." Saph replied.

Halena gave a smirk. "Wll, we're hoping one day you all can be guardians  someday." Her husband laughed and nodded. Leaving the women with that thought, the couple let. The women looked at each other, jaws slightly dropped.

"And we wanted to settle down?" Saph teased. The girls laughed and shook their heads.

"Imagine, having madman take care of a baby..." Lucky joked.

"How about any of them? We arn't cut to have a family." Ae replied.

Yea, the thought of having a special someone crossed once in a while. However, with the threat of being killed all the time, no one had any real time for it. Setting them all off again as the girls finished their session and went off in search of the guys to tell them what was said and to finish their vacation.

OOC:
END

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Fun in the Sun - Iron Horse  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:16:47 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 205  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >