ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Regents Topic

Pages:  [ << 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ]   
Author
Topic:  Regents Topic
Trykon
ComNet Member

Trykon

[VE-DJO] Acolyte
[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  873
Total Posts:  3784
  RE: Regents Topic
September 9, 2011 6:53:55 PM    View the profile of Trykon 
This week I've been testing the theory that there is a Star Wars quote for every possible situation (the goal being to speak ONLY in Star Wars quotes)... So far, so good:

"I'm out of it for a little while, everybody gets delusions of grandeur."

Congrats, Norse.  Keep up the stellar activity, Regents!
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

SCAP/WO1 Wyl Trykon/CR90 Defiance/TF:B/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
XNT/WO1 Wyl "Trick" Trykon/PLF Cappadocious/VENA/VEN/VE

[SoA][SoV][BWC][NSM][E][NAR][DSM][SWC]/(=*AE*=)(=*SAE*=)(=*TG*=)(=*SCFE*=)

TRN/AC Trykon/DJO/VEDJ
Keedra
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman (SCRW)

Post Number:  19
Total Posts:  40
September 18, 2011 11:34:21 PM    View the profile of Keedra 
Holy nuts..My account's still active o.o.

Alright, Regents. Questions.

Firstly, the obvious. What have I missed, as pertaining to the Squadron, Task Force, what have you? Secondly, not exactly a question, but needs to be said. I do sincerely apologize for the extended, unannounced absence, but I'm back now, and just as gung-ho about writing as ever .

ID Line:
FM/SCRW Keedra Xaex/A-2/S:153 "Regents"/W:52 "Javelin"/ICF II Fearless/TF:B/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE

Ribbons:
[SoA]

Avalar
ComNet Cadet

Avalar

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer (MCPO)

Post Number:  275
Total Posts:  786
September 19, 2011 12:20:27 AM    View the profile of Avalar 
Oh sure. Come back when I leave.

Norse is your SC now though I do pop in from time to time whenever college is like, oh hey you can have a life now!

The current story is High Stakes at Belgaroth. Read what you've missed. I believe some posts also have summaries now so you don't necessarily have to read through those monsters. All positions in story stay the same regardless of people being AWOL or not. I don't know the specifics of what has happened in story so you'll have to either ask or read for yourself.

Glad to have you back.
SC/MCPO Avalar/A-1/S:153 Regents/W:52 Javelin/ICF-II Fearless/TF:B/2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [MC1] [MC2] [CBV] [SoV]
Keedra
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  20
September 19, 2011 1:43:05 AM    View the profile of Keedra 
On all points understood. And I'm glad to be back.

ID Line:
FM/SCRW Keedra Xaex/A-2/S:153 "Regents"/W:52 "Javelin"/ICF II Fearless/TF:B/2Flt/SC/VEN/VE

Ribbons:
[SoA]

Drac
ComNet Marshal

Drac

[VE-NAVY] Vice Captain (VCAP)

Post Number:  1565
Total Posts:  2191
September 19, 2011 7:39:19 PM    View the profile of Drac 
Welcome back, Keedra. If you find yourself to be totally lost in regard to the story, here're your best bets:

1. Just read the most recent 10 posts or so and make sure you've read the last couple from Regents members. You should be able to get a good idea from that.

2. If that doesn't work, get on IRC and find me or anyone else familiar with what's happened so far. We'll be happy to get you going.

-Drac
FC/VCAP Drac/ISD II Halcyon Warrior/TF: Aurek/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE
Captain of the ISD II Halcyon Warrior
Chief of Naval Warfare
CNW|Vice Captain Drac|NHC|VEN|VE
"Think Ackbar, but Imperial."
Ellesmere
ComNet Initiate

Ellesmere

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)

Post Number:  199
Total Posts:  311
September 19, 2011 8:01:33 PM    View the profile of Ellesmere 
Welcome back, Keedra!

There isn't much in terms of Regents posts so catching up on what we've been doing isn't all tat hard...And Drac, will look through that post of yours tomorrow as it is getting late here and I need to be up in a few hours.

Keedra, don't forget to send in your report to Atrasin either Thursday or Friday
SXO/PO2 Ellesmere/B-1/S:153 Regents/W:58 Javelin/ICF II Fearless /TF:B/2FL/SFC/VEN/VE [MC2][MC1]

Keedra
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  21
September 20, 2011 6:46:02 AM    View the profile of Keedra 
Aye- Will definitely do so. And as for the story, I intend to have a post up...Some time in the next couple of days.

ID Line:

Ribbons:
[SoA]

Echelon
ComNet Initiate

Echelon

Post Number:  161
Total Posts:  546
September 23, 2011 2:31:24 PM    View the profile of Echelon 
Not to sound bossy or anything but may I remind Regents that their new objective is to defend the shipyard specifically. It is the main target for NR fighters. I stated this in one of my posts.

Good luck!
BO/PO2 Finbar "Echelon" Bandoran/ICF II Fearless/TF:B/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE [SoA] [NAR] [CAR] [=ENG=]

Zippy's Partner in Crime

Psycho's Second Cousin
Ellesmere
ComNet Cadet

Ellesmere

Post Number:  200
September 23, 2011 2:36:47 PM    View the profile of Ellesmere 
As you can probably tell Regents is attempting to be as active as we can right now, I will post when I can which will hopefully be in a few days and I can assure you that Norse is doing his part to be active as I've seen him on ComNet as well as IRC as such I don't think you should worry too much about us
SXO/PO2 Ellesmere/B-1/S:153 Regents/W:58 Javelin/ICF II Fearless /TF:B/2FL/SFC/VEN/VE [MC2][MC1]

Echelon
ComNet Initiate

Echelon

Post Number:  162
Total Posts:  546
September 23, 2011 2:39:58 PM    View the profile of Echelon 
No problem. I'm just reminding you guys. Plus, the orders might change regarding Drac's latest post.
BO/PO2 Finbar "Echelon" Bandoran/ICF II Fearless/TF:B/2Flt/FC/VEN/VE [SoA] [NAR] [CAR] [=ENG=]

Zippy's Partner in Crime

Psycho's Second Cousin
Ellesmere
ComNet Cadet

Ellesmere

Post Number:  201
September 23, 2011 2:43:58 PM    View the profile of Ellesmere 
Good to know you're still alive and kicking this work placement hasn't killed me yet and hopefully it will get better...Only 2 weeks to go!

Keedra
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  22
September 26, 2011 9:50:57 AM    View the profile of Keedra 
Right...In light of the fact that I haven't any idea where to jump into the story, I feel it best to sit this one out, and wait for the next line to come around, but I will follow along with the posts, so that I stay caught up.

ID Line:

Ellesmere
ComNet Cadet

Ellesmere

Post Number:  202
September 26, 2011 1:43:06 PM    View the profile of Ellesmere 
Will post when I can, Keedra I believe we've got a few weeks left so feel free to ask questions and post whenever you feel ready. Even if you only have one post up for the whole story, at this point  that's a good effort on your part

Drac
ComNet Marshal

Drac

Post Number:  1589
September 26, 2011 4:08:21 PM    View the profile of Drac 
@Keedra: We are still a few weeks out from finishing this story. Even if you don't get to the point of being comfortable posting with your character, go ahead and post using NPCs. Just grab one out of any of the squadrons (even one from the New Republic or Imperial Remnant) and post from that character's perspective.

If you need help figuring out how to do that, shoot me a PM. I'll be happy to help you, as are Trykon, Slasher, and a host of others.

-Drac
Chief of Naval Warfare
Keedra
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  23
September 26, 2011 8:40:46 PM    View the profile of Keedra 
Oh, could definitely run a Character post if I could get past the part of me that's sitting here, wanting to take the mission all the way from launch. This late into the fight, however, I couldn't worm my writing around to make that feel feasible.

ID Line:

Avalar
ComNet Cadet

Avalar

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer (MCPO)

Post Number:  276
Total Posts:  786
September 29, 2011 3:40:31 PM    View the profile of Avalar 
Heeeeellllllooooooooooooooo Regents!

Just popping in to say hi to this awesome squadron. Life has been keeping me busy. Who knew college would be more stressful than high school.... oh wait....

But anyway, haven't really been able to read the Second Fleet story to see how y'all are doing. I am sorry I had to leave y'all, but it's for the better that I'm focusing on my studies (the friends I made distract me enough as it is XD ). Graphic design is harder to major in than one might expect. Who knew I'd be cutting 25cm boards like every day? Anyway, I cannot wait to return here eventually. I do miss the fun of writing story posts with some of my awesome peeps.

Keep being active! I wanna be able to read some awesome posts.

Oh, and just for my curiosity, should Vanity remain my character or be scrapped when I do return? I await to see opinions.
SC/MCPO Avalar/A-1/S:153 Regents/W:52 Javelin/ICF-II Fearless/TF:B/2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [MC1] [MC2] [CBV] [SoV]
Ellesmere
ComNet Cadet

Ellesmere

Post Number:  203
September 29, 2011 6:48:30 PM    View the profile of Ellesmere 
I have the weekend off so expect a post from me then...

Keedra
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  24
October 2, 2011 4:28:22 PM    View the profile of Keedra 
Alright, all; I have but one question, and then you can expect a story post from me, tonight. (Or early tomorrow morning. I'll be up late, so that helps.)

Is it acceptable if I kick the forementioned "Take it from the beginning" part of me in the backside and jump into the combat, or better if I take over an NPC?

ID Line:

Ellesmere
ComNet Cadet

Ellesmere

Post Number:  204
October 2, 2011 6:23:54 PM    View the profile of Ellesmere 
By all means feel free to jump into the fray! When I write my posts I take into account that everyone whose on the Roster is in-story without feeling the need to mention them in my posts. If you need help t figure out with whom your with in terms of your Flight, look at the Wiki - it's all on there!

I have a post that's almost done but I'll wait for you and give you a chance to have it up and have a go at the story before posting and will make any necessary changes as required.

Good to see you ready to post, I know that we seem to be 'hiding in the shadows' if you will but at this point I think that even though we aren't huge posters, partly due to numbers which is being fixed as people come into the Academy...At least a post a week from each of us is great! Even if one of us has a post up in a week, it still shows we're alive and kicking!

I haven't given up on Regents and I sure as hell am not planning on it anytime soon so how ' bout we try our best and show everyone a good comeback,eh?

DeepSix
ComNet Cadet

DeepSix

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-ICS] Pirate Swabbie
[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 1st Class (WO1)

Post Number:  283
Total Posts:  973
October 2, 2011 7:19:53 PM    View the profile of DeepSix 
I know this isn't my squadron and all but seeing how I might end up being helpful and am currently in a somewhat generous mood anyway, here goes...

You, and everyone else ever finding himself/herself in a similar situation, can obviously skip certain parts of the story and just jump straight in the current action. Here are a few examples that might work for the current thread:

"It felt as if an eternity had passed since X hopped in his/hers fighter and joined the seemingly hopeless battle. So much had happened already but then again so much was happening still - [insert current events]"

or

"Getting in his/hers ship, ending up fighting once more against overwhelming odds... it all felt so monotonous that X hardly even recalled doing it all. It was all just one big haze and it didn't even matter in all honesty. The only things that mattered were [insert current events]"

or

"When X hopped in his/hers fighter and joined his friends and colleagues in the deadly battle royale taking place around the Belgaroth shipyards, he/she couldn't have possibly foreseen the amount of death and destruction he/she would see and even end up being responsible for. Then again X couldn't afford to think about this right now as [insert current events]"

As previously mentioned, the above are simple examples showing a few ways that can be used to bypass certain parts of a story (in this case the beginning and everything that occurred up to that point) in order to quickly get right in the middle of the good stuff.

SC/WO1 DeepSix/A-1/S:82 Nightshrike/W:245 Nameless/ISD Halcyon Warrior/TF:A/2Flt/SFC/VEN/VE [=*TG*=]

TRN/INI DeepSix/DJO/Training Sect/VEDJ
Ellesmere
ComNet Cadet

Ellesmere

Post Number:  206
October 3, 2011 8:43:21 PM    View the profile of Ellesmere 
Great post Keedra, mine's up so let's get the ball rolling, Regents!

Drac
ComNet Marshal

Drac

Post Number:  1602
October 4, 2011 12:11:02 AM    View the profile of Drac 
Great to see things picking up here, Regents. Keep it up!

-Drac
Chief of Naval Warfare
Ellesmere
ComNet Cadet

Ellesmere

Post Number:  207
October 5, 2011 7:36:28 PM    View the profile of Ellesmere 
Alright guys, Drac's post is up! Seeing as those of us who are alive are showing it - let's keep the activity going! Orders are in Drac's latest post, I suggest you  read it attentively to get a sense of what's going on.

I understand Norse is working on a post, I suggest we wait for his post to come up to give him a chance to get back into things before putting up our own posts.

And let's get the teamwork going too! I suggest we either coordinate a sort of posting order or write up a summary of posts - I would think doing both would be good but either of those options is OK too, just as long as we get some sort of organized plan going here

Keedra
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  27
October 17, 2011 5:29:47 AM    View the profile of Keedra 
Understood. Also I probably should've replied to this earlier on, but I've really only been popping in at random intervals to read new story posts/see if Norse has yet posted >.>. I think in the mean time I might do another Ancillary post?

ID Line:

Ellesmere
ComNet Cadet

Ellesmere

Post Number:  215
October 17, 2011 9:04:57 AM    View the profile of Ellesmere 
Try to post on the Fleet story if you can, we haven't seen you in a while so a post from you would be good. I'm unsure as to where Norse ran off to so I'd really appreciate if you  were on more often so that I'm not running a one-man army for weeks on end, ya know?

Keedra
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  28
October 17, 2011 11:35:03 AM    View the profile of Keedra 
In that case, writing, now.

ID Line:

Ellesmere
ComNet Cadet

Ellesmere

Post Number:  216
October 18, 2011 7:39:24 PM    View the profile of Ellesmere 
Great post Keedra, I'm trying to work out how my post's gonna look like in terms of actual plausible plot....I have ideas of what I want it to contain but not too sure how to place 'em in a good order yet, will get right on that though and the fact you left it open actually gives good breathing room.

Keedra
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  30
October 19, 2011 1:42:46 PM    View the profile of Keedra 
Got it. And I shall put myself into that amazing invention known as a schedule, to get my posting (And reports) on some kind of track.

ID Line:

Ellesmere
ComNet Cadet

Ellesmere

Post Number:  217
October 20, 2011 3:04:12 PM    View the profile of Ellesmere 
I'm feeling quite drained for some reason so look for my post to be up...This weekend, hopefully I can get one up tomorrow if not then definitely sometime on the weekend.

Keedra, don't forget to send your report in to Driver either tonight or tomorrow

Keedra
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  31
October 20, 2011 5:40:07 PM    View the profile of Keedra 
Will definitely be tomorrow...Would rather keep it to Fridays. Also, hoping you feel better soon.

ID Line:

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Regents Topic  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:49:52 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 255  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >