Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Smoke and Mirrors Discussion

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]   
Author
Topic:  Smoke and Mirrors Discussion
Willtconq
ComNet Sage

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  3952
Total Posts:  4599
  RE: Smoke and Mirrors Discussion
January 12, 2010 2:15:16 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Damn, there goes my plan for the "Godly Lt. Duo" of Liquid and me
-(William the Conquerer)-
Ex Ship Captain of Tiamut
King of PPC 17,000 clicks and counting
"Have to trust someone to be betrayed. I never did." - Cpt John Price
SC/1LT Willtconq/A-1/S:147 "Nazgul"/W:1 "Phoenix"/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=)(=^MA^=) [VC:S][SV][BWC][SWC][LSM][CBV][NC]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
bjorkfrid
ComNet Initiate

bjorkfrid

[VE-NAVY] Master Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  134
Total Posts:  630
January 13, 2010 4:19:25 AM    View the profile of bjorkfrid 
Good to see so many getting excellent posts in.

However we need to make sure we pay attention to what other people are writing in their respective posts.

Ruwe your post doesn't take into account that my post had Viper and Nazgul meeting up in flight and coordinating any sort of attack. You just kinda rush into it - and whilst it's good dog-fighting action it displaces all that my post had set up.

Things are going to get chaotic out their with so many fighters but we should discuss some kind of structure to how it is going to play out otherwise we'll just have a string of posts of us individually gunning down X-wings willy-nilly.

As Driver as outlined we've got many things to take out and take on:

I suggest that Viper and Nazgul having linked up launch a disrupting run in space against the first wave of New Reps which is made up of X's and A's (since they'd get to the action first)

That would allow for your dog-fight to stay as is Ruwe (you just might want to edit in a section that has Nazgul forming up with Viper)

After we've disrupted the first wave, we'd be split up and in a cluster-fuck so that would give a couple of posts of good dog-fighting.

Hopefully Driver will post his arrival which would cause the New Rep to chance tactics since they've know got something else to target.
As he said, they've got bombers (B's and Y's), let's say they send down into to the atmosphere of Geraps Sule to take out the gas refining platform. At this point we should have some people to volunteer to write about going after them and trying to limit their damage (it is the VE's supplies after all!)

Then at some point they'll send out the big boys and we'll have a wave of E-wings to deal with. That would be the ideal time to deal with casualties and by that time the Nebulon B-frigate would be in range to open up the big guns. Also at this stage we should have people deal with the pretend TIE\in squadron - they might, for example, be registered as friendly on our scanners hence our inability to take them out.

So in summary,

Stage 1: Nazgul and Viper form up and disrupt the first wave of X-wings and A-wings

Stage 2: Dog-fighting with the X-wings and A-wings, entangled mess.

Stage 3: Driver arrives with the Ferrum Umbra and Tiamut and unleashes his salvo of TIE/in, New Republic send their bombers to the gas refineries

Stage 4: Some of us go to take out the Y-wings and B-wings attacking the gas platforms. Atmospheric flight so it won't be a cakewalk

Stage 5: The capital ships' weapons come into range firing into the maw of fighters. To add to this hell, the E-wings are there fucking up our shit. In addition their's a fake-friendly TIE/in squadron running havoc within that ball of mess.

Stage 6: We manage to deter the bombers but it is clear the space battle even with Driver's arrival is being lost. Retreat, retreat, retreat.

Sorry if you think that I'm unjustly taking the bull by the horns but even the lightest framing of what we're going to write about helps our posts be that little bit tighter, that little bit smoother and a hell of lot more epic.

Just my thoughts please feel free to rip them to shreds.

Cali
SXO/SCPO Cali'reharn/?-1/S:172 "Viper"/W:1 "Pheonix Wing"/Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
[MC:2] (=*A*=)

We fly
you die
[This message has been edited by bjorkfrid (edited January 14, 2010 10:00:38 AM)]
Atrasin
ComNet Marshal

Atrasin

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  902
Total Posts:  1957
January 13, 2010 4:23:55 AM    View the profile of Atrasin 
excellent job Cali, i approve of your layout w/one exception...

you are all the VE has available to stop this incursion, retreat, at this time, is NOT an option. the line is drawn, not one step further.
WC|CO|LCM Geordi "Driver" Atrasin/CVT Taskmaster/A-1/W:1"Phoenix"/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt /SFC/VEN/VE[=A=][=^SA^=][=^ME^=][=*MA*=][=FOCE=][MC1]{BWC}[NSR:1]{SAS}{SWC}
Vacuus Ordo, Nex  -Without Order, Death
All a man can betray is his conscience. - Joseph Conrad
We few, we happy few. We band of brothers. - Henry V
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General George S. Patton Jr.
bjorkfrid
ComNet Initiate

bjorkfrid

Post Number:  135
January 13, 2010 4:27:59 AM    View the profile of bjorkfrid 
Glad you think so.

We'll fight to the bitter end but I would stress to everyone the importance of reading other people's post and trying to coordinate your posts whenever possible.
SXO/SCPO Cali'reharn/?-1/S:172 "Viper"/W:1 "Pheonix Wing"/Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE

We fly
you die
Drac
ComNet Member

Drac

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  699
Total Posts:  2191
January 13, 2010 10:46:56 AM    View the profile of Drac 
One edit I would suggest: Those supplies' value is almost incalculable, right? Even if they're only very valuable, it doesn't make sense for the NR's bombers to be blowing them up. They'd much rather capture them. So the Y and B wings would be more likely to be hitting the platforms' defenses and administrative centers. Another likely scenario is for the B-wings to make a run on the Ferrum Umbra and Tiamut when they arrive. The NR is infamous for being fans of TRD (Trench Run Disease: the use of snubfighters against capital ships and other large targets).

To clarify: Both Cali's post and mine (as I interpret hers, anyway) are from the standpoint that the NR will stop the 'protectors' sham once they're inside the platforms' defense grid and get down to the serious business of conquering the planet.

-Drac
SXO/SCPO Drac/?-1/S:147 Nazgul/W:1 Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
[SoA][MC:2][MC:1][NSR:H][NT:H]
(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose.
Drac's VE Wiki Profile: http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Drac
[This message has been edited by Drac (edited January 13, 2010 10:49:32 AM)]
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Marshal

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1390
Total Posts:  1563
January 13, 2010 11:11:12 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Make that System Drac, Lehon is an entire system after all, so feel free to have the NR forces split up to go elsewhere.
"Determining the appropiate level of influence in somebody elses war is never a simple matter."
  - Special Circumstances

1st Lieutenant Ibram Tyrol

VEN
SC/1LT Ibram Tyrol/Viper 1/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN/{=*A*=}{=*SA*=}{=*ME*=}{=*MAE*=}{=*FOCE*=}/[NER]
bjorkfrid
ComNet Initiate

bjorkfrid

Post Number:  136
January 13, 2010 11:13:50 AM    View the profile of bjorkfrid 
Fair point Drac. I wanted to get some of the action into atmospheric flight.

Sarjah has just collapsed so I'm not sure what defences or administrative buildings would be left.

I completely agree that the NR would aim to take out the Tiamut and Ferrun Umbra so we could reflect this in our posts as well.

I'd say have the bombers go into the atmosphere to take out something significant to have some of us go in pursuit. Then once Driver arrives have the NR shift the focus to our annihilation with the bomber's setting up trench runs on our big ships.

Side note: Slasher you need to get your post up soon otherwise your reservation will be deleted.

We fly
you die
Ibram Tyrol
ComNet Marshal

Ibram Tyrol

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1391
Total Posts:  1563
January 13, 2010 11:21:50 AM    View the profile of Ibram Tyrol 
Please remmeber guys, the Ferrum Umbra and the Tiamut arn't in-system yet.
"Determining the appropiate level of influence in somebody elses war is never a simple matter."
  - Special Circumstances

1st Lieutenant Ibram Tyrol

VEN
SC/1LT Ibram Tyrol/Viper 1/mSSD Atrus/1W/1FL/VEN/{=*A*=}{=*SA*=}{=*ME*=}{=*MAE*=}{=*FOCE*=}/[NER]
Willtconq
ComNet Sage

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  3954
January 13, 2010 12:08:45 AM    View the profile of Willtconq 
i heard Tiamut.
SC/1LT Willtconq/A-1/S:147 "Nazgul"/W:1 "Phoenix"/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited January 13, 2010 12:46:46 AM)]
Liquid
ComNet Member
Imperial Supporter

Liquid

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  679
Total Posts:  679
January 13, 2010 11:16:49 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
I'm caught up on the reading, I'll probably try and put up a post tomorrow maybe, but maybe not, I have work and a 4 hour CAD class that I'm sure will just be freaking great.

Anywho, I will be posting on this story, I promise
Retired Dark Jedi Knight of the Dark Jedi Order
First Lieutenant of the Vast Empire Navy
FM/1LT Liquid/A-3/S:147 Nazgul/W:1 Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
ph34red by many

are you man enough?
Slasher
ComNet Member

Slasher

Post Number:  449
Total Posts:  1054
January 13, 2010 11:27:54 PM    View the profile of Slasher 
Sorry if my post creates problems for the overall plan, my wingman and I are already in with the enemy interceptors, and I called for help, but they could have jammed the transmission or something so that only parts of what I say are heard, so that you for example know that I'm out of the fight, and so is my wingman, or something. Or youcould just delete my post, up to you.
FM/SCPO Slasher/B-4/S:147 "Nazgul"/W:1 "Pheonix"/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
[CBV][MC:1][SWC][BWC](=*A*=)(=*SA*=)(=^ME^=)
Stewart-Power
ComNet Initiate

Stewart-Power

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  191
Total Posts:  698
January 13, 2010 11:38:19 PM    View the profile of Stewart-Power 
I have a quarter of a post (doesn't effect anything, hasn't even left the ship), and it should be done around eventually. Hopefully by the end of this week.
Just an FYI... in case you cared enough.
FM/PO2 "Thel" Stewart-Power/Γ-3/S:147 Nazgul/W:1 Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
(=A=)
"Navy Ground-Pounder"

Clearly Canadian!
bjorkfrid
ComNet Initiate

bjorkfrid

Post Number:  137
January 14, 2010 9:58:22 AM    View the profile of bjorkfrid 
This is going to get confusing.

Now that we're in battle - the posts should try and stick to some form of cohesion even if you're on the other side of the battlefield.

Posts dealing with events prior to our deployment should have been posted already as I think we're going to have a myriad of posts about everyone getting into their TIE's.

With your posts you should trying to be move the action on in some way hence why I outlined a brief overview of the flow of battle so we could all flow together.

Slasher you might have to edit your post unless as you say you want to be placed out of the fight on our radar.

Remember we're flying in squadrons here so don't try and Rambo it too much otherwise we might as well have set up a series of personal story threads.

So for re-cap:

Stage 1:
Nazgul and Viper form up and disrupt the first wave of X-wings and A-wings

Stage 2:
Dog-fighting with the X-wings and A-wings, entangled mess. Where we are now

Stage 3:
Driver arrives with the Ferrum Umbra and Tiamut and unleashes his salvo of TIE/in, New Republic send their bombers to the gas refineries

Stage 4:
Some of us go to take out the Y-wings and B-wings attacking something significant Atmospheric flight so it won't be a cakewalk

Stage 5:
The capital ships' weapons come into range firing into the maw of fighters. To add to this hell, the E-wings are there fucking up our shit. In addition their's a fake-friendly TIE/in squadron running havoc within that ball of mess.

Stage 6:
We manage to deter the bombers but it is clear the space battle even with Driver's arrival is being lost. Fight to the last man or whatever Driver has in store

Sorry to nag but we need to be all on the same page or this literally will read like a cluster-fuck.

Cali

We fly
you die
[This message has been edited by bjorkfrid (edited January 14, 2010 9:59:31 AM)]
[This message has been edited by bjorkfrid (edited January 14, 2010 10:07:05 AM)]
[This message has been edited by bjorkfrid (edited January 14, 2010 2:57:48 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Commodore
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3794
Total Posts:  4197
January 14, 2010 12:15:31 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Cali is dead on, folks: try to stick to the basic outline she's got there and I think you'll be alright.  With that in mind- don't be afraid or intimidated to post: get in there and put your mark on the story.
*Flash Was Here...*

NXO/COM Shazam/Phoenix 1-2/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=MA=) (=*FOCE*=) [CBV*] [LoM] [LSM] [MC2] [VC:S] [SV*] [DSM] [KC] {Platinum Writing Medal}
Willtconq
ComNet Sage

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  3957
January 14, 2010 4:06:26 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Just to clarify. Our current objective is to Survive. Survive until Driver shows up with the rest of the wing. The current Odds are about 5-6 to 2. Regardless of our "abilities" we should still be suppressed and struggling for survival.
Vender
ComNet n00b

Vender

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  9
Total Posts:  24
January 14, 2010 6:15:16 PM    View the profile of Vender 
I agree with the outline, and see it as a positive step in the right direction. As a n00b, it would kind of be helpful to know who my wingmen actually are, FL.. I think Ruwe is.. correct me if I'm wrong.. But also to know what our Flight's objective is.

I don't want to write about 12 different things at once. Dog fighting, taking out bombers, aid calls, whatever it has to be.

I would prefer a "supportive" role, like answering distress calls or coming into an area that needs an extra gun. So if anyone would like to write me in there, you're welcome to and I would love to write in on that.

So just to outline my point:

1 - What is my flight doing? (maybe helpful to mention my name during the action..FL)
2 - Fill me in on support roles if you do write about me

Because overall I'm a n00b, again, and barely know what I'm doing in the first place. I can write, I just don't want to write about the wrong thing.
TRN/CRW Vender/"Δ"  Flight 4/S:147 "Nazgul"/W1 "Phoenix"/mSSD Atrus/1st Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
Drac
ComNet Member

Drac

Post Number:  702
Total Posts:  2191
January 14, 2010 6:27:14 PM    View the profile of Drac 
Here's the roster for our new people (click Roster in the Navy section on the left and scroll down to your squadron): http://members.vastempire.com/roster/

Your wingman assignments are always within your flight. For example, Delta One is paired with Delta Two while Delta Three is paired with Delta Four. So, Vender, your wingman is Aurora.

IG88719: You will have an NPC wingman- we haven't quite settled on his identity yet. You can still write about him (remember that he's FL) just don't go into specifics on name or rank until we settle those.

As for what we're doing right now, it's in the outline:
"Stage 2:
Dog-fighting with the X-wings and A-wings, entangled mess. Where we are now" (Bold for emphasis)

Right now we're milling around trying to kill these guys- just remember, they're veterans and you're not. They'll be very hard to kill.

Note: You don't have to wait to be written in. Jump in and go for it. If it's wrong, it can always be edited.

-Drac
SXO/SCPO Drac/?-1/S:147 Nazgul/W:1 Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
[SoA][MC:2][MC:1][NSR:H][NT:H]
(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose.
Drac's VE Wiki Profile: http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Drac
Vender
ComNet n00b

Vender

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  10
January 14, 2010 6:34:50 PM    View the profile of Vender 
Thanks Drac! I'll try to spell your name right from now on, btw. lol
TRN/CRW Vender/"Δ"  Flight 4/S:147 "Nazgul"/W1 "Phoenix"/mSSD Atrus/1st Flt/SFC/VEN/VE
Atrasin
ComNet Marshal

Atrasin

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  904
January 14, 2010 6:47:52 PM    View the profile of Atrasin 
Story is CLOSED

i am writing my post, which will make things a little clearer

till i post it is locked, do not write untill you see my post.

that is all
WC|CO|LCM Geordi "Driver" Atrasin/CVT Taskmaster/A-1/W:1"Phoenix"/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt /SFC/VEN/VE[=A=][=^SA^=][=^ME^=][=*MA*=][=FOCE=][MC1]{BWC}[NSR:1]{SAS}{SWC}
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - General George S. Patton Jr.
Santa
ComNet Novice

Santa

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  40
Total Posts:  57
January 14, 2010 9:24:25 PM    View the profile of Santa 
Huh. Well I guess I'll wait till your done before I post...
"Stay active, and we won't kill you."
FM/LCRW Ganis Santa Reichert/Γ-3/S:172 "Viper"/W:1 "Phoenix"/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt /SFC/VEN/VE
[SoA]
Atrasin
ComNet Marshal

Atrasin

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  906
January 14, 2010 10:37:39 PM    View the profile of Atrasin 
OK kids here's the sitrep:

the NPC's are here, they are yours to kill, maim or whatever....with one caveat.

YOU MUST POST HERE THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING TO KILL AN NPC
IT WILL EITHER BE APPROVED OR DISAPPROVED BY ME.  IF IT IS APPROVED, YOU ARE THE KILLER. IT MUST BE DONE ON YOUR NEXT POST. NO ONE ELSE MAY KILL OR USE THIS NPC ONCE THE KILL IS AWARDED.

Also...
Dice 1 - Polaris          These are their Wing Designations
Dice 2 - Aegis            They are to be use only when communicating
Dice 3 - Nazgul          with me.  The squadron names are still
Dice 4 - Viper            used w/i the squadrons. if you're confused -
Dice 5 - Kaph            talk to me.
Dice 6 - Blizzard

That is all...
Vender
ComNet n00b

Vender

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  11
January 15, 2010 11:19:37 PM    View the profile of Vender 
Kill an NPC? What do you mean, like an NPC from our own wing. Or the NPC's that make up the enemy? (i.e. There are 12 A-wings and I claim 1 to kill, thus 11 A-wings left) ?
Willtconq
ComNet Sage

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  3963
January 16, 2010 3:11:45 AM    View the profile of Willtconq 
NPCs in our own wing. we try to make our stories as realistic as possible. Thus there will be casualties. and since members "can't die" we kill off NPCs.
SiriSu
ComNet Novice

SiriSu

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  25
Total Posts:  29
January 16, 2010 3:30:03 AM    View the profile of SiriSu 
Couple of things:

First, Cali thank you so much for the outline. For a newbie, it really helps. Trust me.

Driver, I want to kill an NPC, do I have to tell you which one?

And whoever named this story Smoke and Mirrors so that I can call it S&M, here's to ya!
Summit
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  8
Total Posts:  53
January 16, 2010 2:12:16 PM    View the profile of Summit 
SiriSu wrote:And whoever named this story Smoke and Mirrors so that I can call it S&M, here's to ya!

Agreed!
Atrasin
ComNet Marshal

Atrasin

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander

Post Number:  908
January 16, 2010 8:01:42 PM    View the profile of Atrasin 
...that would be me.

/me grins lasciviously
SiriSu
ComNet Novice

SiriSu

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  27
Total Posts:  29
January 18, 2010 9:47:56 AM    View the profile of SiriSu 
I know Aegis' post is short but I'm not sure how long a post for NPCs should be.

I'll change anything that needs to be done once Driver sees it.
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Commodore
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  3811
Total Posts:  4197
January 19, 2010 7:11:42 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Good dog fightin

"Yay-ha!"
*Flash Was Here...*

NXO/COM Shazam/Phoenix 1-2/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=MA=) (=*FOCE*=) [CBV*] [LoM] [LSM] [MC2] [VC:S] [SV*] [DSM] [KC] {Platinum Writing Medal}
bjorkfrid
ComNet Initiate

bjorkfrid

Post Number:  141
January 19, 2010 11:54:09 AM    View the profile of bjorkfrid 
Good job Vipes, on getting those posts up.

Seems like things are certainly going against us but that's how we like it, right?

Ibram should have a post up this evening to orientate all those concerned.

Good post Slasher looks like none of us are going down without a fight.

Kudos to Drac and Vender - may Kyrios the old pompous gad rest in peace.

E-wings are waiting to strike, bombers have gone planetward - me and Santa are going to give chase.

Fans will be hit by poo.

Cali

We fly
you die
Santa
ComNet Novice

Santa

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  46
Total Posts:  57
January 19, 2010 1:42:44 PM    View the profile of Santa 
Heehee... poo
"Stay active, and we won't kill you."
FM/LCRW Ganis Santa Reichert/Γ-3/S:172 "Viper"/W:1 "Phoenix"/mSSD Atrus/TF:A/1Flt /SFC/VEN/VE
[SoA]
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Smoke and Mirrors Discussion  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:19:21 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 216  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >