Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Ain't That a Shot in the Butt (Invitational)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Ain't That a Shot in the Butt (Invitational)
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Duke

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Company Agent
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Chief Engineer

Post Number:  2093
Total Posts:  2382
  Ain't That a Shot in the Butt (Invitational)
November 20, 2009 2:09:43 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
It may have been another day at an end for Riqimo Pershaw, but it was also another night of paperwork awaiting him.  The man leaned back in his chair as he sipped from his caf cup, wincing at the strongness of something that wasn’t quite caf.  That pick-me-up aside, he cast a casual glance at the far shelf where the automatic stapler rested before smiling and grabbing his manual one to bind some forms for a freshly graduated recruit heading to the 73rd regular battalion.  Technology pshnology, this is safer

How did he end up this way?  He hated paperwork practically more than he hated being shot at, at least that’s what he told himself while behind the desk.  On the field one could argue otherwise, but then even the best men can buckle under fire.  Pershaw was no exception.  Heck he didn’t even like firing back when he was first drafted.  A pacifist forced into service with the regular army, eventually holding out to become a noncombatant medic simply through disobeying a direct order to pick up a pistol at a training firing range.  That took a lot of guts to do, and look where it got him: commanding the very firing ranges that he refused to shoot at.  It wasn’t the irony however.  The real irony was that he managed to get this far most likely because he was a pacifist.  Somehow that made him excel in the army, go figure.

He was a regular medic grunt, only without even a pistol when he started, fixing up folks while avoiding the accusing glances that he was a burden while he refused to carry a rifle, even if he did keep everyone else alive that carried weapons.  And it was being a pacifist that got him into the Stormtrooper Corps.  Deep behind enemy lines while cut off from his unit, he met up with a stormtrooper squad leader also trapped, Gunnery Sergeant David Riley, better known as ‘Buttshot’ Riley.

The entire scenario was a tad bit surreal and he didn’t recall the fine details, possibly due to the drugs he had for his broken leg, but regardless, something about Riq caught Buttshot’s eye, and Riq found transfer papers shortly after they were rescued, putting the man into Buttshot’s command, the Black Rose Squad.

But that’s now ancient history of course, Riq was no longer a lowly Private hauling gear and ducking about everytime he heard blaster fire.  And Buttshot even retired, last he heard, unwillingly, but forcefully retired nonetheless.  His superiors probably managed to figure out he wasn’t worth the pain of keeping on the active rosters.

The door to Riq’s office opened without warning, “Well, look at mister big shot here, came a long way ain’t ya?”

Riq didn’t even bother to glace up, he knew far to well who it was, “Never learned to knock while in retirement, eh Riley?”  A small smile came across the training officer’s face as he heard the unmistakeable tempo of Buttshot’s slightly limping gait moving towards the desk.

“Bah, I’m not retired, I’m just on reserve lists until they have a squad that needs me,” Riq glanced up to see Riley smiling his practically trademark lopsided grin.

“Right, sorry.  Should’ve noted you weren’t actually retired by the fact you still wear your uniform perfectly,” came Riq’s half-witty reply, “What brings you here?  Besides wanting to scare a few recruits?”

Riley’s grin faded away quickly, “I need your help, remember Corporal Gerb?”

Riq knew this was serious simply from the fact this was the only the third time he saw the man without a smile, “Yeah, the guy that got the dishonorable discharge back on Tormar?  He tried to fill your pants with some explosive if I recall.  Why?”

“I need this off the books, Doc.”

“You know I can’t promise that.  I’m surprised a military man like you is even asking me to do such a thing.”

“It’s my family, Cara and the kids...” Riley winced, “They’ve been kidnapped.”

“By Gerb?”

“And a few other guys he apparently tricked to be against me, he even got Private Dosen against me, can you imagine that?”

Riq could actually, but he kept that thought to himself, “And what are they hoping to gain from this?”

“They want my head, I hand myself over to them, they let my family go, but I don’t trust them.”

“Nor do I,” Riqimo nodded, “Alright, I’ll do this off the books, but this erases all my debts to you, deal?”

“Deal,”  Riley threw a salute rather than shake Riq’s outstretched hand, “I’ll even owe you thrice fold.”

“Nah, that’s fine, I rather not have debts to me, I’m calling it even,” Riq similed, Especially not debts from you.

“Here’s my ransom instructions,” Riley slide a datapad onto Riq’s desk, “I’m to report to the old Kaison shuttle depot the Corps used to use, in four hours.”

“I’ll have a team by then of people I trust,” Riqimo slid a comlink back to Riley, ”You just prep yourself, and keep in touch, got that?”

“Yes, sir,” came the practically military issue reply and salute as Riley clicked his heels and spun about a full 180 degrees to leave the room.

A facepalm soon followed as Riq saw the slightly charred rear of Riley’s uniform, followed shortly by a dive behind the desk as the door was slammed a tad bit too hard, knocking the automatic stapler to the ground.

As he cowered behind the desk waiting for the stapler to run out of ammunition, he pulled a staple out of his shoulder and ruffled his hair to shake any out.  Score is Stapler 3, myself… 0… dammit

By the time silence filled his office, he had already hit sent for the data message that was sent to a select few.

OOC:
Classified: Level 2.
Subject: Training Exercises Mission, *Immediate*
Recipients: #$@!Ais#^$(w%%#w() (5a4#%$wp14//Data line corrupted//
Sender: Captain Riqimo Ray Pershaw, Commander of Training

\\BODY START\\
Your superiors have an excuse for your absence for this mission, of which you are being called in for training exercises.  They are not cleared to know the actual contents of this.

You will be engaging in a priority mission, of which time and precision is of the essence, details will be provided at an actual briefing.  Civilian clothing, lower class, concealable weapons and armor only.  Provide one rifle of choice, keep it disassembled, or in a bag if possible.  If medic, pack your kit in a backpack instead of your case.

Be at the Frolic Jawa Cantina in Sianat city at midnight (2 hours from now), back booth.

Your datapad will enter binary decay after 10 minu02*t(@658/es{]# of ope%@g th*@R@s messag092r@(
@DS()@@#LT%#_!@!#
!$@
R#R
#
TR
# %R%TR #Q%R
Q RW#R#RFNQ#V)(RMB<
N#@BT^WM)itfva3nb5mv,=93me\wnj ()@@#LT%#_!@!#
!$@
R#R
#
TR
# %R%TR #Q%R
Q RW#R#RFNQ#V)(RMB<
N#@BT^WM)itfva3nb5mv,=93me\wnj fmw36bqq3 3W-9TRM)VN9c80qmv8n50au9c-3wa 8y*&U(#I)TEU(GIJOKTIU(JGT#
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
DATAPAD CORRUPTED.  PLEASE CONTACT MANUFACTURER.

OOC:

So, minimum 250 words, maximum 600, from here onwards.  Not gonna bit your head off if you go a bit over 600, but remember folks gotta read fast enough to post

And just because it's awesome
Riqimo "Doc" Ray Pershaw
Vast Empire Army, Commander of Training
Imperial Navy, Adjutant Naval Logistics Officer
Dark Jedi Order, Journeyman
Imperial Center, Chief Technical Officer
Duke of Aaclu, Tadath

"Put a blaster in a citizen's hands, and you have an expendable troop.  Put a purpose in his heart, and you win a soldier."
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited November 20, 2009 2:10:05 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited November 20, 2009 2:26:37 PM)]
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Member

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  501
Total Posts:  1075
  RE: Ain't That a Shot in the Butt (Invitational)
November 20, 2009 3:26:02 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
A hearty laugh escaped from Anivals lungs, the holodrama he had accidentally tuned to a month ago had slowly creped into one of his favorites show, it wasn't to serious, it was more a comedy then anything else, and it was just what he needed after a hard mission.

Standing up and walking to the fridge, Anival glanced inside it, it was mostly soft drinks, it had been a long time since the last trip to the market, and it would probably remain that way, mentally recording the fact, he grabbed a cartoon of muja juice and poured a tall glass, and walked back to the recliner. Anival jumped when his datapad beeped, and sent his drink all over the floor, himself and part of the recliner, and cursed loudly, startling his favorite droid companion, with a soft uneeded apology he checked his datapad.

Anival re-read it four times, it was weird, he had gotten a mission fro Riqimo, first reaction was that he had showed Ron he wasn't trooper material and probably needed go through training again, but the weapons warning made him think otherwise. Walking towards the small hangar in his house, Anival tried to wipe some of the juice of his shirt, he picked a shirt and quickly put it on, he still smelled of muja fruit.

Muja cologne, he thought,  interesting.

Picking up his DL-54 and pocketing, Anival donned a blast vest, but left the helmet, over it he put on a tunic, which still did little to cover the fruity scent. He climbed into the seat of a starhwak speeder, and gunned the throttle, he pulled out of the building with a roar, squinting against the wind.

-------------------------------------------1 and a half Standard Galactic Hours later-----------------------------------------

Anival turned off the bike and climbed off, the building wasn't impressive, being early did give him some time, sitting on a stool and laying his hands on the counter, Anival waited for the bartender.

“Your order sir?”

“Muja juice” grumbled Anival, he hadn't been able to finish his fruity drink, and the smell all the way over had made him regret not having the cup, and he hated living with regrets.

“Yes sir.” said the barkeep as he walked of to fetch his drink.

Anival swiveled on the stool to look behind him, it was somewhat busy, but people seemed to be leaving, all of them looked worn out.

“Your drink sir.”

Anival took the class, and paid the man.
Sergeant Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum
No Tears, No Blood, No Honor
ASL/SGTAnivalVelasquez/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]/[EW:2C]/[DoH]
()VehicleCrewman ()
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

[This message has been edited by Anival Velasquez (edited November 20, 2009 3:35:01 PM)]
Havock
ComNet Member

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  384
Total Posts:  2413
November 20, 2009 3:44:14 PM    View the profile of Havock 
There is a first time for everything. She pushed the buttons on her datapad to try to understand the directions she had found for the Frolic Jawa Cantina in Sianat city. It seemed like forever since she had visited the city, between missions and paperwork she never seemed to have time to herself anymore.

Havock kept having to re-adjust her backpack with her medical supplies. It was the first time she had to pack them in a sack like that and she must have done it two or three times before she was sure the contents wouldn't be damaged on  the short speeder bike trip to Sianat city. She still felt like she had a lot to learn about being a combat medic, but given the fact that she was typically the one getting injured it just made sense.

The black bag was slung over her shoulder and across her chest. She had to wear civie clothes according to the cryptic message she received earlier, so she had on a tight black shirt with a olive jacket and cargo pants. Her trusty twin DE-10 blasters were hidden on her waist by the jacket. Havock had her hold out blaster on her right ankle and her combat knife attached to the left. A girl could never be too prepared.

She smirked as she climbed on her 74-Z Speeder Bike. She had been working on modifying some of the systems when she became SL of RAIDERS and suddenly had more paperwork than she ever thought possible. At least she had been able re-paint the thing black with a few red stripes. Still not perfect, but it was a work in progress.

Havock hit the throttle and zoomed towards the city. The open air was nice, it had been far too long since she just took one of her speeders out for a spin. She had two speeders so far and a couple of ships. Havock enjoyed repairing things and liked to do that during her very infrequent free time.

Arriving in the city proper, she weaved through the streets ignoring the various curses she got from the pedestrians in the street. She did like to drive fast, something that her friends like to joke was the reason they never let her drive.  The 74-Z skidded as she pulled in front of the cantina.

Yanking off her helmet, she could see an older woman shake her head in disapproval at Havock then continue walking along the busy street. The bar looked a bit slummy, but then again the city still looked pretty awful after the attacks. The words “Frolic Jawa Cantina” were displayed above a lit entrance.

She tied her hair up in a pony-tail as she walked through the doors and made her way up to the bar. Havock ordered a corellian ale and, after eying the back booth, settled in to wait.
Senior Sergeant Ayme 'Havock'  Katash
SL|SSG Havock|2SQD|1PLT|1COM|1BAT|1RGT|VEA|VE [ESC09] {RES}
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Havock || [email protected]
Ron
ComNet Member

Ron

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  683
Total Posts:  1218
November 20, 2009 4:21:32 PM    View the profile of Ron 
"Mmph." Ron groaned sleepily on his bed and swatted a heavy hand at the beeping datapad by his bedside, making it fly across the room.  Of course, instead of turning it off in a productive manner, this agitation only made it worse.  Ron grumbled some more, rolled out of bed and pulled on a robe before he grumpily grabbed the datapad.

"Hmm." he mumbled.  He hadn't been to the restroom yet, so his mouth still tasted like cardboard.  "I'm excused from... mmm... rifle of choice... gahh... training mission."  Ron rolled his eyes and sleepily stumbled towards the shower.  He summed up the message in his own words, which actually were more mumble than word.

"Sonna a bitch classified shit."

The shower worked marvels on his attitude, and when he walked out with a six inch afro and steaming pink skin, Ron had another look at the datapad.  He found himself pleased that he was chosen to go, and now only a trifle bit annoyed that it disturbed him from sleeping the rest of the night away.  He quickly put on some pants and a shirt, and headed off to the barrack's wing armory to get his things together.

Ron wasn't the best shot with a rifle.  He never really could appreciate them to their full potential, which is why he chose to take a modified heavy blaster instead.

"DL-44." Ron chuckled.  "I'll take one of these over a rifle any day."  And he meant it.  Ron was just about as good with a heavy blaster pistol as some troopers were with standard blaster rifles.  Ron found it's size and power to be well balanced, as well as light and dexterous, which suited him fine.  He then suited up in his custom Stormtrooper Armor, Titian v1, and headed off to the garage.

Frolic Jawa cantina was crowded.  It was always crowded.  Ron snorted in contempt and decided to try and find a quiet, secluded corner.  One particular table in the northwest corner of the bar was deserted, which suited Ron fine.  He took his seat, stretching his legs underneath the table top and onto the booth on the other side.  A droid came by asking what Ron preferred to drink.

"No drink." Ron said.  He thought it would be wise to remain sober for the next few hours.  "But I'll have a cigarra or two.  You carry Rhegant Gold?"

The droid confirmed the order and left.  Ron pulled out his lighter and played with the flame for a few minutes.  He was awake now, awake and ready and wondering what the hell he had got into now.

SL||GSG RON||3SQD||1PLT||1COMP||1BAT||1RGT||VEA||VE
CoD:A||GSG RON||TADATH||VEA||VE
[WM][CCA][CoR][BC][AS-1]{RoC:ComTech}
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Expert

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1688
Total Posts:  1849
November 20, 2009 5:21:50 PM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"I told him not to pester me on my day off" Kanderin snarled, tossing his comlink at the closest wall to himself. A few people around him turned to stare but he dismissed them all with a wave.

"I took this stupid job so I have a nice cushy relaxation...thing." He continued ranting to his table. "And what do I get? A fricking promotion and a boss that throws orders at me every five minutes"

"Quit bitching already" The girl across from him smiled, lighting what must of been her twentieth cigarette. "I'd kill to have your salary"

"You've already had most of it tonight" He muttered back, downing half his drink like it was poison.

"Put it this way, how often has your paycheck gotten you laid?"

"I'm not sure I understand the question"

The girl smirked as she leaned forward to collect her own drink, before something in her own bag began to ring and she quickly ran off to take the call. Kand took the opportunity to collect his own comlink and re-read the message. He had only managed to catch the sender before tossing it away the first time, he hadn't appreciated it interrupting his favourite war story. It was only such because he actually had proof it was real, of course. The neck scar was, under normal circumstances, a painful reminder of the life he had found himself so desperate to escape. He had other scars elsewhere of course, a pair of cracked ribs from a scuffle back under Arnauts command and strained tendons in a shoulder from a mission as his assistant, but the neck was the closest he had ever come to death. If he remembered rightly, he had actually died, thinking about it. It was a testament more to Helena's incredible skill as a medic that he was alive than his own willpower. The reality was, although he didn't want to die, the dread he expected never showed. He felt strangely ready for it, and even more strangely annoyed it hadn't.

"I have to go" He said as he noticed the girl return to the table.

"Had a feeling you would. I'll cover the tab, you can dash straight away if you want" She responded, digging around in her bag without even looking at him.

"Don't be ridiculous, I'll pay half. Just scribble your number down on something and I'll call you"

"No need for that, you can just come back here. I'm amazed you've been a regular here for two years and never noticed that I'm always here" She responded disapprovingly.

"I have noticed, I just thought it'd be rude to mention" Kand grinned playfully.

The girl sighed. "Just get out of here already. And look after yourself".
Kanderin Azalar Draken
Academy Staff
Wraith Trooper
Wildcard Platoon
Vast Empire Army

TRP/SGM Kanderin Draken/3SQD/PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE
[CDS][AoT]
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Duke

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Company Agent
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Chief Engineer

Post Number:  2094
November 20, 2009 5:36:12 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
As if there wasn't enough on his plate, Riq had to deal with traffic as he figured he could take the highway for the hovervan he checked out of the academy garage.  It gave him time to figure out exactly what he was doing anyways, even if it was going to make him slightly late.

The Kaison shuttle depot was abandoned now, since a new one with higher tech was built closer to the base.  So all it served now was a sight of empty buildings and flat empty tarmac surrounded by a chain link fence.  Not that hard to break into, occasionally the army sends a patrol in there to shake out any gangs that might have taken it up.

Anyone would get a clear shot of someone coming in the front gate, all it took was a sniper in practically any of the buildings and you got your target.  That was easy enough for Riq's purposes, tho he hoped that they'd make it there before Gerb and his men could set up camp.

"Finally" he muttered as he took the exit that lead to the more or less slummish part of the city, finding the Frolic Jawa a couple turns later.  It wasn't what you would call a star establishment, but it was discrete, which meant it served its purpose.

Once he was assured the van was parked correctly in the back alley, as it was a tad bit bulkier than his usual speeder he drove, Riq headed to the backdoor of the cantina.  Normally he’d go through the front, but he was well known there by some patrons, and this was a night he didn’t need that attention, or to be pulled into a sabacc game.  Slipping in was easy enough, they never locked the back door for whatever reason, quite odd for this part of town, but Riq wasn’t complaining as he capitalized upon his shortness to get through the kitchen.  Note to self, don’t eat the nuna stew anymore...

The back booth was already occupied by a few Rodians having a good time, but Riq slide enough credits to convince them to take their drinking elsewhere.  A few troopers had already showed up as soon as they saw the commander, and the rest eventually followed suit as they noticed their own comrades heading to the booth.

“Alright, thanks for being here,” Riq whispered just loud enough for everyone at the table to hear, “Sorry for the sudden alert, but this is a covert op.  We have had a kidnapping, and this needs to be resolved without publicity.”
He waved the serving droid away which beeped disappointment at a full table that refused to order, “I don’t know everything, but a discharged stormtrooper is behind the kidnapping, he has some other troopers under his banner, I estimate their numbers to be about fifteen or so.”

A map was rolled out, “The abandoned Kaison shuttle depot, this is our first strike.  The ransom is expected to be there at midnight, which is an hour and a half from now.  He knows his role, we need to sneak into here, and search these buildings as fast as possible, I expect snipers, tho they could be planning an explosion of sorts.”

“I got a hovervan out back in the alley, that’s our transport to Kaison.  While I’m driving, feel free to equip yourself with a few of the flashbangs in the back, as well as the in-ear comlinks.  I got them on a secure channel already, so don’t mess with their settings.  I’ll answer any questions en route, time’s on the short side, let’s go, back door, don’t worry about the kitchen staff, they’re used to drunks heading outside there.”

OOC:
We're riding over, then sneaking in to sweep the buildings, most of the issues will be pests, womp rats and the like, maybe a gang somewhere, tho not right away please, that's too fast

We'll split into teams when we're there:
Quote:Abalar
Corvin
Helena
Quote:Kand
Ron
Tanus
Quote:Anival Velasquez
Hassar
Jager
Quote:Brightstar
Madman
Rykin
Bacredi
Quote:Havock
Joamer
Riqimo
Starfrui

OOC:
Riqimo "Doc" Ray Pershaw
Duke of Aaclu, Tadath

"Put a blaster in a citizen's hands, and you have an expendable troop.  Put a purpose in his heart, and you win a soldier."
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited November 21, 2009 1:43:44 PM)]
Corvin
ComNet Cadet

Corvin

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  263
Total Posts:  818
November 20, 2009 6:16:12 PM    View the profile of Corvin 
OOC:
Started before Riqimo's post, hence the arrival section.

"What the frak!" Corvin yelled, dropping his datapad as random symbols and nonsense scrolled across the screen. It landed with a clunk, gibberish still filling the screen.

"Wha..." Hassar groggily called from his bunk. One and all, the Blackjacks had been completely exhausted from their last few missions.

"Nothing, Hassar. Looks like I've been assigned to a training exercise."

Hassar had stopped listening before Corvin had finished the sentence.

Looking down at his now-sparking datapad, Corvin sighed, his breath coming out as a long hiss

Kriffing wonderful. How am I going to explain this to Requisiton?

Corvin reminded himself that the damage had been caused by a higher-up. It wasn't his place to ask why Captain Pershaw had decided to do it, just to accept it and obey. Sighing again, Corvin picked up the now blank datapad and dropped it in a carry-on bag. Time to change into civvies, and get his gear.

====

Half an hour later, Corvin was walking down a crowded street in Sianat's centre, surrounded on all sides by civilians walking in every direction. The background hum of chatter was almost deafening, sentients of countless species interacting with each other as they passed along.

The planetary invasion was not yet a month past, and things had already returned to normal. Mostly, that is: every other street had a store that still had barred gates or was vaccant with its windows smashed.

There were other differences, too. Army and civil protection troopers stood at guard on a number of street corners, mostly armed with long barrelled sonic weapons and conducting random searches. Security had become tighter since the first invasion.

Corvin noticed all this as he walked along, scanning the late-night crowd out of a habit embedded through training and a number of missions. Paying attention to one's surroundings never hurt, and his strange feeling of exposure without his armour on only increased the urge.

Most of them were civilians, although there were several uniformed law enforcers standing to the side and monitoring the crowds. It was something that many civilians disliked, but Corvin knew it was necessary. Without a strong Imperial presence, many of Tadath's less savory residents would see the period after the invasion as one of looting and general lawlessnesss. Strength was the only thing they would understand, and the Empire's protection would show that well.

Corvin checked his wrist chrono as he reached a hoverbus station. One and a half units. Plenty of time.

====

Corvin sat through Captain Pershaw's briefing in the front row, listening intently. He barely managed to repress a hiss of surprise upon hearing that their target was a traitorous stormtrooper. For normal Army troopers to desert or turn traitor was bad enough, but the Vast Empire's finest turning renegade?

Corvin felt outrage and shock in equal measure, and was grimly satisfied the Captain had chosen him to participate in the attack. He would be more than happy to bring the traitorous frakkers to Imperial justice.

Blaster bolts are too good for scum like that. Republics and Thrawnists at least have been brainwashed, but this lot don't have any excuses.

Getting up, Corvin threaded his way past the tables in the dimly-lit cantina as he headed for the rear doors.

The overhead glow-panels were a dull green and flickered sporadically on and off. The place stank of stale piss and something Corvin really didn't want to identify. The Frolic Jawa wasn't the sort of place you'd find in a traveller's handbook, nor was it ever likely to be, but at least it was almost deserted. Corvin was simply glad he hadn't arrived early enough to have to buy a drink. He came to the doors and walked through after the Wraith Anival as they were swinging closed again.

The alley smelled even worse than the bar, if that was possible, and was just as dark. Stumbling along the unpaved and narrow gap, Corvin emerged to find himself on a quiet, deserted street. As the Captain had told them, there was a hovervan waiting for them, bobbing up and down. Shrugging, Corvin hefted his bag into it before climbing in himself.

Off we go, then...
ETRP/LCPL Corvin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[ESC09][AoT][IH][HotC]
~BLACKJACK~
*Vehicle Pilot*
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
"The Committee has also voted to change the name of the position, simply because no one liked the fact that its accronym spelled out Noo. "
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited November 20, 2009 6:20:27 PM)]
Rykin
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  42
Total Posts:  51
November 20, 2009 10:02:08 PM    View the profile of Rykin 
As they piled into the hovervan, Rykin sat down besides Bacredi and Madman, his two team members, as he pulled a small bottle from inside his jacket, flipping open the cap and shaking one pill out into his hand, which he tossed into the air, catching it in his mouth and smiling at Bacredi, who just scoffed slightly and smiling a bit patronizingly at him. Madman looked at him sidelong, but said nothing. Rykin chuckled darkly.

"Helosine, buddy. Keeps the old hand steady for tossing grenades and firing a blaster. That, and it makes me feel like I'm going a thousand klicks a minute. Keeps me on my toes when things start to get hairy." Rykin smiled that pre-slaughter smile, and Madman nodded, probably a little put out by Rykin's enthusiasm for their fairly impromptu "mission".

From what he could tell, those little red devils were making Karl the sharpest tool in Doc's box. It was a little past midnight, and even the disconnected Rykin could tell everyone else was probably wishing they were back in the barracks.

Rykin stood for a minute, but the stimulant started to course through his body as the pill dissolved, and he stood up suddenly, trying to move, the rest of the ragtag team looking at him. Feeling a bit cavalier, he drew out his baby, the little weapon he had taken to bringing with him on every mission: his Pup Grenade Launcher. He had picked it up on a whim, but now he seemed to need the safety it provided as much as he needed the synethic opium provided by Helosine.

The other shoulder holster held his Annihilator Heavy Blaster Pistol, and concealed on his person was his disassembled E-11. Casting about frantic looks, Rykin sat back down between Madman and Bacredi, earning concerned looks from the pair of them. Karl ignored them and, seeing a smudge on the Launcher's muzzle, he licked a finger and started buffing it away, trying to quell his need to occupy himself.
TRP/PFC Karl Rykin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/[CPC]

Havock
ComNet Member

Havock

Post Number:  385
November 21, 2009 7:29:10 AM    View the profile of Havock 
Savoring the last bit of her corellian ale, Havock slammed the glass back on the bar and was almost disappointed when the bartender droid had no reaction whatsoever. She shrugged and made her way back to the busy street through the service exit.

She couldn't help but smile at an obviously over-worked and under-appreciated cook who sneered at her as she passed. She could tell he was debating throwing the nerf patty on his spatula right at, what he assumed was just another drunk girl pointed in the wrong direction. She resisted the strong urge to wave to the greasy man and made her way into a not well lit alley way behind the cantina.

The mission at least was more interesting than a simple training mission as it had been advertised on her odd message from Captain Pershaw earlier. Rounding the corner she spotted the hovervan. It managed to blend in among the random debris and various class of vehicle around it. She climbed through the open entry hatch and took inventory of her surroundings.

A few of the other troopers had arrived, at least she recognized some of the faces on this mission. Havock couldn't imagine ever having a reason to do betray someone in the army with her. She found it so unprofessional, it just spurred her on to do her best this mission. She wondered who they had kidnapped, if it was a kid she may just loose that cool. Kidnapping kids just hit her way too close to home. Havock had been kidnapped as a child, she didn't even remember her family. No one should have to grow up like she had.

Havock took a seat towards the front of the hovervan, knowing that once it was moving she was just going to get up and get her flashbangs and ear piece. HA, flashbangs! She wasn't about to tell anyone here that the last time she tried to use any kind of explosion, it...didn't end well.

She leaned back in the chair and felt the van shake as the vehicle powered up. It wouldn't be long now  before they would be underway.
Hassar
ComNet Initiate

Hassar

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  149
Total Posts:  225
November 21, 2009 8:43:22 AM    View the profile of Hassar 
The van was filled quickly as each of the selected soldiers filed into the van. Most of the soldiers in the van Kyrus knew, or at least recognized from the nightmare on Kohlma. He shuddered at the thought and quickly pushed the memory out of his mind.

As he passed those already situated, he nodded respectfully to each, in turn. The rows in the back of the van were still empty. He tossed his rucksack containing his disassembled E-11, vibroknucklers, and combat knife, on the floor in front of his seat and sat down. Leaning his head back, he closed his eyes.

The rumbling of the hover van as it powered to life prompted Kyrus to open his eyes again. Corvin sat down next to him with a flop.

"Hey, Hassar."

Kyrus grunted, before trying to rest in peace again. Then he felt something heavy land in his lap. Peering down, he found a in-ear comlink and two flash bangs. He gave a sideways glance to Corvin.

"Here. You might need those."

"Thanks."

Kyrus yawned, and tried to stretch within the tight confinement of the fully packed vehicle. It didn't feel as comfortable as he would have liked, as his small holdout blaster was poking the small of his back, where it was hidden. Satisfied, he stuffed a flash bang inside each the pockets in his white spacer jacket he was fond of wearing off duty.

"Wake me up when we get there."

He didn't bother to wait for a response before he ignored his surroundings and drifted off into a semi-conscious sleep.
Private Hassar  Combat Engineer
"There is no past. There is no future. There is only the endless present."
TRP/PVT Kyrus Hassar/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[SRP]Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Member

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  502
November 21, 2009 11:01:31 AM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
The van was comfortable enough, although silent, a Zabrak had fallen asleep and some of the troopers were making idle chatter. Anival was fueled by sugar and adrenaline, which made it impossible to sleep, or rest. Instead he stood up, walked towards the flash bangs, took four, then grabbed the earpiece. The temptation to mess with the settings chewed away at Anival, but he knew now was not the time to indulge curiosity.

Anival sat back down, feeling the shudders of the vans movement. The trip seemed to be taking an eternity, and the shushed tones of the vans occupants made the scene even more surreal. A sigh escaped his lips, as he laid back.

Anival was in the mood for conversation, his mind wondered to the known, somebody he knew , Ron, Kand, Rykin, Helena and Bacredi came to mind first, but they were all engaged in either with themselves or somebody else, next his mind defaulted to sight, he vaguely remembered seeing two others, so he smiled and tried to sound as pleasant as possible, in contrast to the anxious mess he was inside.

“Hello.”

“Hi”

“My name's Anival.”

“Havock.” she responded.

“Raiders correct?” asked Anival trying to guess where he had seen her before.

“Yep, and you?”

“Wraith.” he responded proudly.

The van stopped abruptly and its klaxon sounded, followed by an obscenity, some of the flash bangs fell down, Anival flinched, expecting to be blinded, fortunately none of the flash bangs exploded. Someone scuttled to pick them up and but them back, securing it better this time.

“What did you bring?” he asked absently, mentally trying to gauge the firepower they had collectively brought.

“Two DE-10's”

Anival nodded, they had all apparently obeyed orders, they were, after all, stormtroopers. He had silently hoped someone would disobey and bring a rifle or something along those line.

“You?”

“DL-54”
Sergeant Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum
ASL/SGTAnivalVelasquez/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]/[EW:2C]/[DoH]/[BC]/[SCA]
()VehicleCrewman ()
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  347
Total Posts:  710
November 21, 2009 11:32:59 AM    View the profile of Brightstar 
Had the message on her datapad been anybody else, Bright would have completely ignored it. But lucky for the sender, it was someone she knew and trusted and had given assistance to on countless occasions. As it was though with her reinstatement only a few days ago and still feeling guilty over thing that she had done on her retirement, Bright was not eager for this "mission."

As it was though, It would be good to see Riqimo again. She gave a slight smile, He has definitely prospered in the Corps. Bright shook her head and readied her gear. Flyhigh Knives were always her essentials when going anywhere on any mission. That and they were easily concealable. She also grabbed her twin Annihilator blaster pistols and shoved them into a small bag.

As far as dressing casually Bright put on a leather pants that she had personally reinforced for "heavy duty hiking" while she was out on retirement. Though she didn't like the memories that came with them, they were practical and casual. She put on a light cotton shirt and over that her microbe vest topped with her tracking vest both of which had seen better days. Not really much as far as armor went but it would do. They still served as great protection without alerting anyone else to just how in great condition they really were.

=========

Riqimo's briefing was short and sweet, to the point as they have always been. But in this case she understood the urgency. She was glad though to see some people she knew: Jager and Abalar, as well as Havock and Starfruit from RAIDERS.

The van was crowded but Bright didn't mind and of course Riq had provided extra weaponry. She took a few flashbangs and then sat back for the ride. It was business time.

Bright sat forward enough that Riqimo would hear her, "Who was kidnapped, Riq?" She asked.

The van, having stopped, became quite as everyone turned to listen.
TRP/SGT Brightstar D'Jonoc/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1REG/Tadath/VEA[SRP][SCA]
[This message has been edited by Brightstar (edited November 21, 2009 12:05:04 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Brightstar (edited November 21, 2009 12:07:05 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Brightstar (edited November 21, 2009 12:08:22 AM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Duke

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Company Agent
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Chief Engineer

Post Number:  2095
November 21, 2009 2:51:14 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Riqimo glanced back over his shoulder when heard a feminine voice ask out, "Who was kidnapped, Riq?"

Riq knew he wouldn't be able to entirely evade this question judging from the silence in the back of the van, "A retired stormtrooper squad leader's family.  His wife and two kids.  I owe the guy a favor, to say the least."

Riq turned the ignition off as he glanced back, "It's a long story, and this operation doesn't leave this group, got it?"

The seriousness of Riqimo's glare got the point across that this mission might as well be official.  It was coming from one of the High Command anyways, so technically it could be argued as such, just off their official records.

"Anyways," he reached into the passenger seat for his pistol before sliding into a shoulder holster, "We're going in, if anyone finds you, you're to act as gang members, if you have any thing that identifies you as who you really are, leave it in the van.  The police should soon be preoccupied elsewh..." a soft rumble from far away cut him off, "Correction, are preoccupied elsewhere.  Don't worry, no one's hurt, just collapsed a building that was scheduled for demolition tomorrow a tad bit ahead of schedule."

"You guys got your teams," the flash of Riq's sai as he removed it from the sunvisor caught the eyes of everyone in the back, "I don't know exactly what awaits us in there, so stay on your guard.  Three man teams will check the storage areas, my four man team will be checking the offices, other four man gets the shuttle storage bays.  Got that?"
Riqimo "Doc" Ray Pershaw
Duke of Aaclu, Tadath

Havock
ComNet Member

Havock

Post Number:  387
November 21, 2009 3:30:09 PM    View the profile of Havock 
A retired stormtrooper squad leader's family. His wife and two kids.

Havock felt her hand grip the chair next to her so tight, if she was conscious of it she would realize that the muscles in her arm were just about to pop. Now she really wanted to find this scum bag and give him a piece of her mind.

“You okay Hav?” She jumped, the rest of the troopers were getting up and into their groups. Only when Brightstar stood over her and spoke did she become aware of the fact that she was staring ahead digging holes into the seat cushion. Starfruit and Joamer, neither of which had said much and spent most of the ride sneering at each other, were both already outside.

Gently she released her tense hand, and rubbed her face. “Yea, Bright...I'm alright. Did Riq already go outside too?”

She nodded. “Pretty much everyone is headed in their separate directions, I just wanted to check on you before I found my team.”

Havock stood grabbing her backpack and adjusting it across her shoulders. “I'm good, thanks.” She put on her best fake smile and patted Bright on the shoulder before heading towards the back to grab a couple of the flashbangs and quickly popped the earpiece in her right ear. She hated these things, they always seemed to produce loud feed back in the poor victimized ear she put them in.

She was still fiddling with the equipment as she descended from the van landing in the dirt in front of the Kaison Shuttle Depot. The surrounding area was almost completely dark. The buildings were half lit by dieing lights all in various stages from flickering to dim. Her teams objective was the offices. From what she could remember from the map, the offices were in the north western corner of the complex, which wasn't too far from their present location. A few storage buildings to pass and they would be in.

“Its about time Katash, did you fall asleep in there.”

Havock glanced at the three other troopers standing staring at her and blinked, her eyes finally focusing on Captain Pershaw before speaking. “No sir.”

“Good, then lets move out.”
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  348
November 21, 2009 4:11:04 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
Though Bright heard everything that Riqimo had said, her mind lingered on the fact that he had said two children were among the kidnapped. Relying on the training she had received as a child to keep her outer countenance as calm and emotionless as possible, Bright could feel that invisible mask fall over her. Inside however she could feel her anger turn to rage.

She watched quietly seething, as everyone exited the van. She herself was ready to exit, had she not noticed Havock. The look in the other woman's face mirrored Bright's internal rage. The quick conversation between the two helped Bright to calm herself enough to focus on the tasks at hand.

Jumping out of the vehicle before Havock, Bright made her way around to the back and picked up an In-ear comlink, putting it in her left ear. With that done and checking to see if the flash bangs were secured with her annihilators, Bright headed to stand with those she'd been assigned.

"You have to be Brightstar." One of the troopers said stepping forward with an outstretched hand. Bright took it and shook.

"This is a fact." She said. "I hope you boys are ready."

They all nodded and the red headed woman analyzed the shadows that could be best use to their advantage. Spotting an area relatively free of light, Bright swung her bag on her back and began her climb up and over the fence, much like a cat.
[This message has been edited by Brightstar (edited November 21, 2009 4:16:29 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Brightstar (edited November 21, 2009 5:44:29 PM)]
Rykin
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  43
November 21, 2009 5:32:41 PM    View the profile of Rykin 
Brightstar nimbly vaulted over the fence, and Madman and Bacredi followed her, albeit with less of the grace she possessed. Rykin, however, crouched down and lifted his pant leg up, retrieving a thick cylinder about five inches long. It was a round of ammunition for the grenade launcher, one of 8 he had brought with him. He stood back up and Madman urgently whispered to him.

"Rykin! You comin' or not?" Rykin did not respond and instead began tinkering with the explosive in his hand. He applied pressure down on one end and pulled, exposing a small inner panel with a dial that wound its way around the circumference of the round. He started to fiddle with the dial until a small arrow rested on "2.5", signifying that there would be 2.5 seconds between deployment from the launcher and detonation. He slotted the grenade into the muzzle and pressed until he heard a satisfying metallic -click-. Rykin smiled and looked up from his work to see his three other team members looking at him, Brightstar tapping her foot impatiently. Rykin winked.

"Sorry guys. Have to be prepared for every contingency." Madman rolled his eyes as Karl stepped up to the fence, grabbing hold of the top and hauling himself over, getting caught at the top slightly and losing control of his momentum. His legs pinwheeled oddly and he started to fall awkwardly, Madman and Bacredi rushing forward to catch him, although their efforts would prove unnecessary. Mid-fall Rykin shifted his weight and managed to land on his feet clumsily, his momentum carrying the rest of his body to a crouch. He shrugged and took point position, moving in time with the rest of the team.

The Helosine coursing through his system ensured that Rykin was more alert, but even without it, he would have been on his best because of the nature of the mission. He was angry at the kidnapping. It wasn't right; it was unjust; and it needed to be stopped.

Havock
ComNet Member

Havock

Post Number:  388
November 21, 2009 7:27:15 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Everything was quiet. Not that Havock expected it to be a bustling place they were going to. But for some reason these more stealthy assignments always got to her nerves faster when it was quiet like this. The last thing any of them needed was her being jumpy, and blowing their cover over a lost rodent.

Jaenna and Joamer had taken up the rear of their little group, leaving Havock and Riqimo on point. They were making there way to the main offices towards the north western most part of the compound. Apparently, as Riqimo informed her, there were also two more smaller office buildings they would need to quickly sweep before they were done.

“Wouldn't this move a bit faster if we split up?” They were just about to pass the last storage building before reaching the tall office structure.

Riqimo knelt down next to the building and scowled at Havock. “We are staying together for now Sergeant.”

Havock looked down and nodded at her superior. “Yes sir.”

The office lobby was dark and smelled of dusty old flimsy. The floor creaked with every step they took, years of debris scattered across the once busy room. Havock had to light a glow rod to make out the shadowed shapes in the lobby. The others had spread out around the room, Riqimo was inspecting the desk towards the center of the room. She walked up to him and pointed to the far corner. “Stairs.”

He nodded and they made there way to the second floor. The stairs were solid and not as noisy as she expected them to be. For some reason she felt like the whole complex should be teeming with ghosts along with the rolling dust bunnies.

The second floor was a long hallway with a dozen or so doors on either side. The first few rooms were in disarray, either the last person to work there had left in a hurry or these rooms had already been looked over for something.

Havock put her hand on the next door and slowly opened it, a small figure squeaked and ran towards her. She slammed herself back into the opposite wall to quickly get out of its way, pulling her DE-10's at the same time. Luckily, Riqimo saw it with a more clear head and pulled his combat knife stabbing the womprat in the back of the head as it crossed the threshold of the door.

“Jumpy there Hav?” He raised his eyebrow to look at her as she tried to forcibly slow her heart rate down. She slowly put her blaster pistols back in their holsters and tried to save some of her dignity.
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  349
November 21, 2009 8:11:00 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
Bright shook her head at Rykin's antics and allowed him to take point. If what he took earlier in the hovervan was what she thought it was, he would be on all alert. That left her free to keep her senses open to everything else. Though usually she was the rear guard she had allowed one of the other two troopers to take it instead.

This suited her just fine as she seemed to be in more shadow surrounded by these three men then she could have asked for. If they ran into any trouble Bright would be the surprise that wouldn't be seen until it was too late. There was a reason she was called a phantom. Despite her red hair she was extremely well adapted and trained to blend into the shadows.

Rykin led them around the perimeter of the fence till they reached the north eastern corner of the fuel depot building. There Rykin stopped and crouched. Bright came up beside him still using the darkness for cover. No doubt the larger trooper, was running through ideas as to how to cross the expansive open space between them and the shuttle storage bay.

Bright's eyes swept the area as she too thought. "Any idea's?" He asked. She wasn't sure if he actually looked over at her or if he just kept his eyes forward. Bright stood carefully and tied her shoulder length hair back. Then grabbed the black bandanna she had grabbed for just an occasion. It would minimize the reflection of light on her noticeable hair.

"Just follow me and try not to stray to far into the light." She stopped when she said that then turned and winked at the men. "You know what I mean. There may be squatters or other homeless, pathetic beings hanging around. I doubt there will be any in the open, but if experience serves me correctly, they will be as paranoid as a stormtrooper who does this for a living." She took a quick breath and took a small step forward. " Expect them to be watching for dangers."
[This message has been edited by Brightstar (edited November 21, 2009 8:16:40 PM)]
Anival Velasquez
ComNet Member

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  503
November 21, 2009 8:52:32 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
After the small order-like briefing Doc had given them Anival assembled with his allotted group.
A Zabrak and Human.

“Whats your name Zabrak?” asked Anival in an indifferent tone.

The Zabrak gave him a look. “Hassar”.

“Jager.” responded the human before Anival could ask him.

“I'm Anival.”

After the smalltalk they all took out their weapons, scanning their weapons Anival unholstered his pistol. It would be a shame if he was caught unarmed. They stalked under the cover of shadow, barely making a sound, the exception was the occasional grunt when one of them stopped abruptly, and caused a collision.

“In there, just a bit more” whispered Jager signaling the building out.

They walked the rest of the way without any more blunder.

“You first Zabrak.”

“Its Hassar” he hissed.

“What ever.” shrugged Anival with indifference.

Hassar walked up and checked the door it was locked.

“Now what?”

“Hold your horns.” replied Anival reaching in to a bag around his neck, he took out a small wad of gray clay-like materail, and broke a small piece off. Anival walked over to the door and placed the small piece of clay into the keyhole.

“Step back” warned Anival picking up four pea-sized rocks.

Anival took aim and threw the first rock, it clinked above the door harmlessly, and again, the third throw hit the detonite and it blew quietly. They walked again to the door and opened it. The interior was dark, and musty, crates and boxes aligned the walls, sighing they started the search.
Sergeant Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum
ASL/SGTAnivalVelasquez/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/[AS-H]/[AS-1]/[EW:2C]/[DoH]/[BC]/[SCA]
()VehicleCrewman ()
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

Hassar
ComNet Initiate

Hassar

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  150
Total Posts:  225
November 21, 2009 10:08:53 PM    View the profile of Hassar 
The three man squad stepped through the still smoking door, Kyrus first, followed by Jager and Anival. The only light that illuminated the storage room was the moonlight that trickled down through the windows.

Neither one of them made a sound as they crept through the room. Kyrus strained his eyes as he searched the deeper shadows for signs of life. He doubted that the hostages would be hidden away in the shadows, but he knew it would be stupid not to. When they found the hostages, they would doubtlessly be guarded by some hired-muscle.

Squeak!

Kyrus jumped at the sound as he felt something brush against his leg. Instinctively, he kicked at the creature, sending it scurrying off into the darkness.

"Kriffing rats..." he muttered.

"A startled Zabrak. Huh," Anival mused. "And I thought I had seen it all."

Kyrus turned sharply and faced Anival. He didn't know what his problem was, but he was starting to get annoyed with his indifference.

Before he could issue any form of threat, however, Jager placed a hand between the two men.

"Now, now, Ani. You would think your mother taught you not to but heads with a zabrak." He turned and faced Kyrus. "You too, Hassar. Now's not the time to loose your head."

"It wasn't me he was gonna lose a head." He murmured inaudibly.

"Sorry. I know your name, Hassar. No hard feelings?"

Kyrus shrugged off Jager's hand. "Agreed."

"Good. Now, keep moving." said Jager.

They continued to search the storage unit, with no further incident, save a few idle womp rats that were easilly attended to.

"All clear."

"Good. Move on to the next one."
Private Hassar  Combat Engineer
"There is no past. There is no future. There is only the endless present."
TRP/PVT Kyrus Hassar/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[SRP]Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Rykin
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  44
November 21, 2009 10:28:31 PM    View the profile of Rykin 
Rykin crept along behind Brightstar, Bacredi following him, and Madman picking up the rear. In his right hand was his Annihilator, in the left the grenade launcher, trained upward but at the ready, just in case. Brightstar lead well, crouching through the shadows while backed up by three troopers, one of whom Rykin trusted with his life. About halfway through the open, Rykin heard a rustling and a small crash at about 3 o'clock, and Rykin was on the scene, both his weapons at the ready. He squinted into the darkness, and couldn't perceive any threat, so he checked his guns and continued after Brightstar, resuming his quiet.

Their in-ear comlinks remained silent the whole time, but Rykin was sure he heard a small explosion in the distance. He shrugged it off.

Maybe Ani and his damned detonite, he thought bemusedly, unable to hold back a small chuckle which earned him a look flashed from Brightstar, the black bandana unable to hold back some of her shocking red hair.

Mirrors her temper I bet, he thought again, biting his lip as to not react audibly.

The rest of their creeping was done in silence, the only sounds being he occasional scuffling, scurrying movements of a womp rat and the sound of their own feet: Brightstar's gentle, hurried footfalls, the slightly heavy tread of Bacredi's shoes, and the steady pace set by Madman and Rykin's booted feet. As they reached their target, the shuttle storage bay, they divided: Rykin and Brightstar went left, while Bacredi and Madman went right to flank the entryway. Wraith's crisis management training abounded in the two Wraith troopers, and they each flanked the door, their backs against the wall as they peered with their peripheral vision into the bay, and both signaled to each other and the other two members of the team that their way was clear to investigate, so far as they could see.

[This message has been edited by Rykin (edited November 21, 2009 10:37:45 PM)]
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  351
November 21, 2009 11:22:26 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
Bright nodded and entered the building first, weapons at the ready. She was followed in by Rykin, Madman, and Bacredi in that order. Though Bright kept her head where it was supposed to be, she admired the efficiency with which the two Wraith's did their Job.

The four of them scattered checking shadows and crannies always on the alert for something that would pop out at them. Bright was the first to clear her area. Giving the all clear sign to her companions Bright dropped one of her annihilators back down to its holster. Madman finished his search and signaled but kept his weapon in the ready position. Rykin and Bacredi also gave the clear signal and kept a tight grip on their own weapons.

Bright nodded again, then knelt to examine what looked to be recent scuff marks in the dust that caked the duracrete floor. Whomprats. She thought to herself. And it looks like something a bit bigger. The sergeant gripped her weapon tighter.

Hearing chattering, Bright's attention focused on a support beam directly over Rykin's head. The other's noticed the sound as well and turned to train their weapons on whatever had made the sound, but too late. The creature had already launched itself at Rykin, determined it seemed to take the PFC's head off.

Bright's hand was a blur and the next moment a soft whump and a cloud of dust indicated that the creature had missed its mark, but Bright had not missed hers. The three men were only confused for a moment before Rykin turned to look at Bright. The lone woman only shrugged and went to retrieve her knife from the whomprat's skull. "Eyes open boys." She muttered softly.
Madman
ComNet Novice

Madman

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  63
Total Posts:  119
November 21, 2009 11:29:34 PM    View the profile of Madman 
Of all the people, he had to get paired with the one guy who had decided a Grenade Launcher was the most appropriate for the delicate nature of their…assignment. However the night had been well, free drink though Madman had personally avoided Alcohol because he’d seen more than a fair share of the negativity that liquor created…more so than the inebriation that it spread.

Garbed up in a sound bit of gear, a tattered and lengthy overcoat with a baggy shirt while fitting a large pair of yellow goggles that reflected the glinting of various small, flickering lamps, some which still illuminated the ID numbers of the various Warehouses or storages, however in this wreck of a place, storage owners hardly cared for the upkeep of such lit-up labels, and such often benefitted from the lack of…witnesses. In this case, kidnappers were beneath the very rouse of suspicion from the oh-so effective planetary security and like always it would take a team of Storm troopers to end the mediocrity.

“Well there they go…” Madman muffled beneath a muffler with a breath mask as a sharp inhale sent a soft hiss as the air was forced into a harsh decontamination progress – one could never be TOO careful, could they. Madman took point behind, however he had little to mind, he looked little more than a strangely garbed hobo in mercenary arms, if it were the target they would hardly suspect the ingrain Storm trooper training as he fastened the dark hood over his head to  hide the entirely shaved head.

"Hehh…well I should keep up.” Madman would reply to himself, amused as he finally lit up with fascination as the thick of things were no doubt coming forth to a beginning, he could feel his back stiff with anticipation as he managed to set aside this feeling…were it fear, he was unaware of it. Situationaly, Madman had been ‘kidnapped’ to a degree, however there was never a ransom note and he never really stayed there too long…just half of his life he only knew servitude to the cruel Tusken Raiders.  Buildings at times turned to dunes for brief moments as a bleak vision of light would confirm that he was not dreaming, that he was no longer on the planet of dunes, but that he was in fact with a troop of Storm Troopers on their way to ammend the mistake of a traitor.

By all the will in his sinews, He’d find his way to the Exile and punish him for the justice of his tribe…Taking point at the flank, he’d turn to spot several straggling street-stalkers, slipping back to peek at the strangers in their homes. Several clicks slid forth from the LAR, setting it to Semi-Automatic as he popped the Bull-Pup Iron-Sight handle up, clicking and locking to place.

Though just before any more strange thoughts would spread forth over the strange member's mind, the rushing into a warehouse would startle  and bring his mind to a sharp focus and in mere moments, so would the keen edge of a knife penetrating and damn-near halving the poor, daft creatures mind in two "Talk about a splitting headache...hey, sure yeh' didn't take a placebo or somethin'?"
TRP/LCP Madman/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
[This message has been edited by Madman (edited November 21, 2009 11:33:53 PM)]
Havock
ComNet Member

Havock

Post Number:  390
November 22, 2009 8:00:31 AM    View the profile of Havock 
The first office building proved to be more of a pest control job than anything else. The rooms were filled with vermin and the remaining furniture was in disarray. The building directly south was also an office building, this one looked to be slightly smaller than the first one.

The back entrance led straight into an open area full of cubicles. They were no longer in any semblance of organization. The once straight rows were twisted and broken, at least the main aisle down the center of the room was still maneuverable. The dust in the room came to life as they stepped through the dimly lit room, sending a wave of speckles into the little light they had.

Reaching the center of the room, Riqimo motioned and they all spread out to continue searching the room for anything more threatening then the dust which made Havock want to sneeze. She crouched between two ruined cubicles making her way to what looked like a more open area. Once she arrived she realized that it was actually about five workstations that had been moved by someone to make a semi-circle. The short cubicle walls had been marked by some symbols and a few random obscenities, the center of the circle was charred probably by fire.

The rest of her area was uneventful, unless you count the numerous insects that now seemed to work in the office. Meeting back up with the others, Riqimo asked each of them what they had found in turn.

“Someone has been here. Not sure how long ago, there are no personal items. Just an area that looks like a meeting place for a gang of some kind.”

Riqimo nodded. “There is one more office building just at the entrance to this complex. We will need to cross the parking lot.”

They all nodded and followed him out the exit opposite the door they all came in. This left them outside looking directly across a large open area, which was the parking lot.

Havock was getting the feeling that there was, in fact, someone else here. As long as they hadn't detected the small group she was okay with that. But if they were being watched as they moved from building to building that wasn't going to end well.

Keeping close to the exterior fence the small group attempted to cross the parking lot being as inconspicuous as possible. Havock, for one, couldn't wait for this to be over. She was ready to meet this kidnapper and deal with him.
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  352
November 22, 2009 9:31:58 AM    View the profile of Brightstar 
Bright and the rest of her team made their way through each open level of the shuttle storage bay. Though there was activity evident everywhere they looked, this place looked more like whoever had been here had used it more for just whatever supplies they could find.

The second level, though open to the rest of the bay, had a rather nasty nest of more whomprats. Bright and the rest dealt with them as quietly as possible, but she couldn't help that some of them preferred shooting to straight out gutting or stabbing.

The third and last level open and accessible to engineers and what ever else smart enough to get up this far, appeared to have seen a lot of activity as well. There was less dust up here, but it still looked to have a least a few days gathering from the last visit. Bright looked down at the two older class shuttles that had been left behind when the place had closed. Either they had been in various states of repair, or they had been tearing them down.

"There's nothing else up here, Sergeant." Bacredi said coming up beside her and looking down at the two semi disassembled shuttles.

"Did any of us check those?" Bright asked.

"I don't remember checking them." Madman said, and even though he could be heard clearly, Bright still got a sort of muffled feeling from him.

Without much more than a silent agreement the four of them made it back down to the ground level and began their search of what remained of the shuttles. They of course found nothing.

"What now?" Rykin asked as he tossed a few disconnected wires behind him.

Bright tapped her ear comm. "Riqimo, this is Bright. We've got nothing in the shuttle bay. A few whomprats and it looks like recent activity but its still a few days old." She looked around them again. "We await your next orders."
Member of RAIDERS Squad

Ron
ComNet Member

Ron

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  686
Total Posts:  1218
November 22, 2009 12:01:33 AM    View the profile of Ron 
Ron lifted his head drowsily from his table.  He rubbed his eyes with his thumb and index finger, but retracted his index finger painfully when he applied pressure to it.  Closer inspection revealed that his finger had been burnt slightly due to the ever smoldering cigarra that he had held with it and his middle finger, the remains of which was now a charred pile of still warm ashes on the table before him.  Ron snorted with dirision (which sent the ashes flying) and stood up suddenly.  He must have fallen asleep during the meeting, wherever it was; as he could not see any other familiar faces throughout the bar.  Further speculation was cut short however when he heard Kanderin come through the earpiece comlink in his right ear.

"Ron?" Kanderin said.  "Ron, where the hell are you?  We're inspecting the shuttle bay..."

"What shuttle bay?" Ron asked, feeling incredibly stupid.

"What shuttle bay?" Kanderin asked.  He grumbled a bit before replying.  "Look, enough messing around.  I've sent you our coordinants on your datapad.  Now get your ass over here!"

"Alright, alright." Ron said.  Closer inspection to the datapad revealed their location, as well as their objectives.  Kandarin was kind enough to supply that as well.  Ron rushed over to his speeder bike and took off full throttle, hoping that there was still some action waiting for him.

SL||GSG RON||3SQD||1PLT||1COMP||1BAT||1RGT||VEA||VE
CoD:A||GSG RON||TADATH||VEA||VE
[WM][CCA][CoR][BC][AS-1]{RoC:ComTech}
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Duke

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-ICS] Company Agent
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Chief Engineer

Post Number:  2096
November 22, 2009 12:46:39 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
"Get down!" Riq practically managed to shout while still whispering between his teeth.

As everyone hit the tarmac of the parking lot, Riqimo was already rolling over towards a large pothole, "There's a vehicle coming, keep your eyes open.  It's probably the retired trooper."

Lights from the speeder glazed over the pothole as the team pressed firmly down even more.  Soon as the light moved on, their heads popped out and scanned the buildings.

"Everyone, this is Doc, the ransom is on the premises, stay sharp," came a whisper in everyone's comlink before Riq swapped to a private channel to Buttshot.

"Yo Riley, see anything yet?"

"Nope Doc, don't even see you guys, which is quite reassuring in a strange wa...urh!"

Riq darted up quickly, running towards Riley who was pulling himself under the speeder, "Everyone move, two in the offices near the gate, not sure if there's more, MOVE!"

With a perfect slide, perfection excluding some nasty scratches from the tarmac, Riqimo was soon under the sppeder with Buttshot.

"HE SHOT ME IN THE ARSE! I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!" came the reply that was quite familiar to Riq, and was all he need to hear to know Riley was alright... in his strange ways of being alright.

"Just let me slide some bacta.."

"No, I'm going to make him kiss it better, gimme that pistol!" Riley wrenched the weapon from Riq's hands and fired a few shots blindly at the office building before making a mad limping dash for the doorway about 200 feet ahead.

Sighing, Riqimo pulled the holdout blaster from his boot and followed after.  How he has yet to die yet I'll never be able to figure.
Riqimo "Doc" Ray Pershaw
Duke of Aaclu, Tadath

Anival Velasquez
ComNet Member

Anival Velasquez

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  504
November 22, 2009 1:48:07 PM    View the profile of Anival Velasquez 
Crates,boxes, coffins to the absolute and no longer wanted. The building seemed to be empty, and their time seemed as if it would be better put looking into another area.

“Behind that box!” called out Hassar.

Anival looked in the specified direction and kicked the area,he heard scuttling and aimed his blaster, a pair of red eyes appeared, Hassar looked and aimed as well. Jager being the tough man he was holstered his weapons and took out a vibro-knife and knelt.

“What are you doing?”

“Taking care of this small pest, this is how a real man kills rats.”

“Whatever you say.” replied Anival.

Jager continued to crawl closer to the box, a loud squeak ripped the air, and the rat ran shrieking its battle cry. Jager tensed clearly not expecting the charge and flinched the rat leaped, a foamy snarl formed on its face and clamped onto Jagers arm.

Jagers eyes widened and tears escaped his eyes, he didn't utter a word. Anival ran forwards and tried to pry the rat off with no success, after a minute or two of thrashing the rat around it just let go and walked off,not ran or scuttled, this rat had the audacity to look at them, and walk off.

“Are you alright?” asked Hassar

“Yes.” came Jagers reply.

Anival chuckled in respect to the tiny warrior, he didn't even shoot at it. Jager shot Anival a venomous look, he bit his lip to stop from laughing out loud.
Sergeant Anival 
Vine Vidi vici
Cogito Ergo Sum
()VehicleCrewman ()
~WildcardPlatoo n ~
-=Wraith PRIDE=-

Havock
ComNet Member

Havock

Post Number:  391
November 22, 2009 8:14:01 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Havock slammed into the side of the office building she could see Riqimo slide under the speeder with another figure. She pulled out both DE-10 blasters and peered around the corner to the main entrance of the smallest of the office buildings. The building was two-stories tall and looked to be in the same state of dis-repair as the other buildings they had already explored today.

She could hear heavy footsteps running up what sounded like stairs in the office. She preferred this to sneaking around, getting to the point, and finding this mans family. Havock wanted to make these men pay, but it was more important to find the children unharmed. Gods help them if they were already harmed.

Shots coming from under the speeder towards the building drew Havock's attention, then a man limping and holding his butt ran towards the entrance. She blinked and watched him with a raised eyebrow.

Once the shock of that sight wore off, she took off running following Riqimo into the building. They both dove behind a table as the other man kept yelling and shooting randomly. “I think they are upstairs. And now I kinda hope they are upstairs.”

“Yea, we should probably make sure Riley doesn't get himself killed. Starfruit, Joamer cover us!” They jumped up running towards the man with the pistol. The three of them fell against the wall next to the stairs. The blaster fire finally silenced, Riqimo crept up the stairs first, followed by Riley with Havock taking up the rear.

At the top of the stairs was a door, which apparently was locked. Riqimo was pressed up against the door with Riley prepared to burst through. Havock stayed on the last step to cover them both. With a final nod the door was burst open and Riley ran through his blaster raised.
Brightstar
ComNet Member

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  353
November 22, 2009 10:52:00 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
Bright and the rest of her team covered the the vast distance from the shuttle storage bay in what felt like only moments. She noticed some of the rest of Riqimo's hand picked forces taking cover behind building and others covering sections of the fence that could be used as escape routes. In her mind, Bright applauded Doc's choices. They knew what to do and she left them to it.

"Shouldn't we be doing much the same thing?" Rykin asked managing somehow to keep pace with Bright.

"We will be." Bright said as they reached the southern office building. "Rykin, go East." She said indicating the direction. To his credit, the PFC didn't argue. Maybe it was because he knew there was good reason for the order.

"Bacredi, West. Sorry I'm putting you in an awkward position between two buildings but needs to be covered by someone with experience." Bacredi nodded and took off.

"Madman right?" She asked the masked trooper. He nodded. "South, around this building. I Believe you actually get a door to watch but watch the window's too. If Havock is in that building, she'll use any means necessary. That includes forcing them out the windows." Madman nodded. Bright was sure she could hear a slight muffled chuckle from the man, but she couldn't be sure.

She herself flew in the front door after letting whoever was inside know that she was coming in, weapons drawn. Just in time to see the door burst open from the last step next to Havock. The red head gritted her teeth. "Crazy...." She mumbled under her breath.

"Where's the rest of you." Havock asked quickly.

"Outside," Bright answered. "East, West, and South."
Member of RAIDERS Squad

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Ain't That a Shot in the Butt (Invitational)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:50:35 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 75  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >