Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > ESC Storyline - RAIDERS

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   
Author
Topic:  ESC Storyline - RAIDERS
Havock
ComNet Cadet

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  233
Total Posts:  2413
  RE: ESC Storyline - RAIDERS
August 14, 2009 2:42:44 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Hav leaned against the wall in the small maintenance room. There were red, blue, and green pipes running through the ceiling. At the moment, Havock was just enjoying the fresh air provided by taking off her helmet. The majority of the squad had done the same, and Waulkure was never wearing one in the first place.

The faces of the squad were tired and sore. They looked as though it had been days since they last rested, which was not far off from the truth. Havock could still feel the sting of her ribs with every breath she took.

Joamer and Bacredi were covering the door, with Akilaa not far from Joamer's side. Akilaa kept talking to Joamer and pointing to his chest, to which Joamer muttered something disagreeable back. Waulkure and Karash were against the wall opposite Havock and Jaenna. The three special forces men were talking quietly to each other in the rear of the room.

Jaenna. Havock kept fixing her gaze back to the squad leader. She alternated talking into her comm, muttering obscenities at her datapad, and pacing the few steps she could in the small room. Jae was getting angry, Hav could tell. Havock knew that Jae had trouble controlling that anger when it boiled up, and she had plenty to be frustrated with at the moment.

The bottom line was they had failed their objectives. They were sent in to assassinate two men and had managed to accomplish nothing, but get holed up in a maintenance room. Havock was far from happy about the situation, but Jaenna was down right pissed off about it. The most important thing to Havock right now was to get everyone out of the mobile command base alive. But she knew Jae, and Jae hated to fail.

Everyone perked up as Jae stopped in her tracks and started to listen more intently to her comm.

“Yes, sir.” She nodded getting some more instructions, then her eyes met Hav's. “I understand, sir.”

Havock frowned. That can't be good.

Jaenna swallowed and gathered her thoughts for a moment before turning around in the center of the small room, meeting every persons gaze around her.

“Alright. I know things haven't gone as we planned them today. I know your tired. And we are getting out of here, they just want us to do one last thing before we go.” Jae looked back at her datapad for a second before continuing. “We need to shut down their communications array. According to HC its vulnerable and they even had satellite info to send us so we have a good route. We shut it down, get back to the transport and we are out of here.”

Jae did a good job, to everyone else she probably seemed calm and in control. Havock was pretty sure she was the only one that noticed the girl gripping and relaxing her right hand. Jae always did that when she was getting angry, Hav was convinced it was subconscious.

The squad leader took one more look around before she walked back over to where Havock was standing and started talking about the images on her datapad softly. Unfortunately Hav was not paying attention at all, she just kept watching Jae's face waiting for her to realize that she needed to talk about whatever was bothering her.

“Jae.” Hav practically whispered, Jaenna just kept on talking about some corridor on the map. “Jaenna.” Nothing again, but at least Hav knew she was hearing her, just choosing to ignore her ASL. “Nobody could have predicted what happened. You did everything you could.” That got her to stop.

Jaenna continued to shake her head slowly side to side. Hav almost did not hear her whisper "I almost got them all killed. We came close Ayme, very close."

She could not think of the words to say, so Hav put a hand on Jae's shoulder and pulled her into a hug. Havock hugged Jae tighter as she continued "Only quick thinking saved us. You saved us Ayme, you were strong when I was not."

Havock shook her head. “No, if I'm strong its all your fault. You're the one that taught me, remember?”

Jae stepped back but kept her hand on Hav's shoulder. She was looking down, but from what Havock could tell she was fighting the urge to cry. Chewing on her lower lip the whole way, She took another few steps back until she was in the middle of the small maintenance room yet again. Havock was not sure what to make of Jae's retreat, but she just kept on watching waiting to see what Jae did next. 

Bacredi cleared his throat. “I think we are clear, Sergeant. I haven't heard boots run by in a few minutes now.” Then he hung his head, as the distinct sound of boots clanked past the door.

Jae smirked. “That's okay, I needed a sec anyways.” Jae ran the few steps right at a very confused Havock. Then she slammed the poor girl into the wall, sending a searing pain through her chest a second before Jae pressed her lips to hers, kissing her as hard as she could.
Corporal Ayme 'Havock'  Katash
Assistant Squad Leader | RAIDERS Squad | Wildcard Platoon|Vehicle Crewman

ASL|CPL Havock|2SQD|1PLT|1COM|1BAT|1RGT|VEA|VE
[EW1] [DoH-P] [AS-H] [BC]

Imperial Network Star Wars Image
http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Havock || [email protected]
[This message has been edited by Havock (edited August 14, 2009 4:04:04 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Havock (edited August 14, 2009 4:06:24 PM)]
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  309
Total Posts:  997
August 14, 2009 3:27:43 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer turned his head when he saw Jaenna grab Havock and go in for a kiss. For the past few minutes he was trying to ignore his younger more annoying sister. Akilaa was currently in the 'I'm the medic, and you need more help.' mode. He knew she was in fact correct, he could feel his back twinge every time he breathed, but he wanted to be stubborn.

She crossed her arms and glare at Joamer, he pretended to be watching the door. He heard someone else walk up and Akilaa said softly "He's being stubborn, I know he has something wrong, either his back or his ribs. I can see it in his face every time he breathes."

"Havock has cracked ribs, we need to look at Jae's burns. Bacredi has a slight concussion, but nothing to worry over right now." Karash said in an annoyed voice.

"Problem is, they are all being stubborn." Akilaa said softly. Joamer groaned when he recognized that tone in her voice.

"Luckily we can pull rank on them." Karash said. Joamer watched as he turned around and walked to the middle of the room. "Listen up, those of you with injuries front and center, right now!"

Joamer ignored Akilaa's pushing, as he watched not a single person move. "Don't make us make it an order." Akilaa said to everyone.

Joamer meet Havock's eyes and growled half to himself, he hated being looked after. He stepped forward just as Havock did, they walked slowly to the center of the room and stopped in front of Karash, Akilaa stopped next to him. They both crossed their arms, as they their faces were twin images of annoyance, and disgust.

"Off with the breastplates, and the body suits." Karash said after a moment. Joamer tried to be stubborn again but he glanced at Akilaa and knew she was ready to pull rank. She wanted the chance to order him around for once.

Unclasping the side hooks, he pulled the breastplate off over his head. Dropping it to the floor he pulled his arms out of the body suit and slid it down to his waist. He watched as Akilaa began examining him slowly.

"Your turn Havock, I know your ribs are cracked. Only thing I can do now is wrap them." Karash said as he watched Akilaa thoroughly examine Joamer's torso.

Joamer starred straight ahead as Havock removed her breastplate, and slipped the bodysuit down to her waist. He glanced just as she looked at him, she was wearing a black sleeveless tank top, her toned arms were open to the air now. He could see the sweat glisten as the air began cooling her skin.

"What, you thinking I would not be prepared for situations like this?" Havock said playfully. Joamer could only shake his head and stare straight ahead again. He saw Havock smile to herself as Karash began wrapping her ribs.

Joamer gasped softly as Akilaa pressed a spot on his back. "Uhuh, just as I thought. That Noghri did a job on your back, the landing on the crate did not help. You in any pain?" She asked quietly.

"Only hurts when I breathe." He mumbled half to himself. He heard Akilaa start to giggle but stop herself as she went back to examining him.

"How is that?" Karash said to Havock after he finished wrapping her ribs.

"Only hurts when I breathe." Havock mumbled indignantly. Joamer hid his smile as Havock turned to glare at him, daring him to laugh.

"Good, get dressed and go back to being weird." Karash told her, walking over he asked Akilaa "Anything we can do?"

She poked another tender spot causing Joamer to flinch again. "Besides wrapping it no, he needs rest and a really hot bath. For now, it's just tender and bruised nothing much we can do."

"Wrap it, and let's get ready to move. I somehow doubt these will be our lasts injuries." Karash said as he walked away.

Reaching into her pack Akilaa pulled out a few gauze. "Now, Mr. Tallman. Mind kneeling down so I can do this the easy way? Or do you still want to be difficult?" She asked softly.

Joamer started to sigh but stopped himself, he ignored the victorious look Akilaa had as he dropped to his knees. He knew this was for the best, did not mean he had to like it.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin
Gunnery Sergeant, Raiders Squad.
Training Instructor, Wildcard Platoon

"Gentle beings, I bid you welcome. Welcome to the blood, to the sweat, to the tears.
Welcome to your places on the wall."

TI|GSG Joamer|Tadath|VEA|VE
TRP|GSG Joamer|2SQD|PLT|COM|RGT|BAT|VEA|VE
[ES1]x2 [EW1]x2 [LoR] [BoH] [AS-H] [AS-1] [SCA] [DoH-P] [BC]
Waulkure
ComNet Novice

Waulkure

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  45
Total Posts:  58
August 14, 2009 8:28:09 PM    View the profile of Waulkure 
Waulkure closed her eyes as she leaned back against the wall, two of her four hands against her chest trying to slow her heartbeat. She looked around trying to get a feel for her surroundings not one day out of the academy and all ready neck deep into combat.

"Go out, see the universe, meet interesting people the poster said", she whimpered, "said nothing about and kill them. Why do we have to kill people. I don't want to kill anyone."

Karash looked over, "You injured recruit, how is your wound from the fort? Any discomfort or pain? Is it going to need more bacta?"

The spot on her back where she was shot in the Fort still was sore, however the bacta patch applied made it bearable. She all ways heard getting shot hurt, she had wished she never had to find out how much it did. Foolish thought it was she had hoped she would go threw her career never being shot once.

"No Sir I am all right, the bacta applied is healing my back, slight discomfort but nothing bothersome."

Sighing she looked over to the Squad leader Jeanna, waiting for the tender moment to be done not wishing to interfere she walked over and pointed to the code cylinder she tucked into her belt during the firefight.

"We might be able to use that to get where we need to go, if you want I can examine for possible uses?"

Jeanna handed her the code cylinder, Waulkure tapped and twisted inspecting the cylinder and handing it back to her.

"This should open every door in here, save anything locked by the commanders. It should get us where we need to go. Its against working Imperial policy to change codes during a fight so we should be good for now."

Noting the datapads and objectives, she looked close and pointed to the main doors, before tapping two ventilation shafts and the power relay. Then pointing out possible choke points as well as blind turns and dead ends.

"There should also be any upload computers as well as the direct feed to the communications dish, are we just going to straight blow it or should we try to download there data first?"

Waulkure bowed her head and moved to a corner, her eyes closing to try to catch her breath and whimper.

She stood sharply hearing a blaster bolt and began to shake her eyes filling with tears as she carefully stuck the holo recording rod into her belt before trying to put on a strong face. This face lasted exactly fifteen seconds before a explosion in the distance caused her to dive down, her four arms over her head to shield as she shook and loudly began sobbing, all her facade of bravery leaving her. Sobbing she softly whispered, hoping not to be overheard, "Mommy.. Mommy.. Mommy.. I want Mommy.."

She was pulled from the academy to the squad, she was not hard yet. She was not sure if she wanted to be.
TRP/PFC Waulkure Cerulean/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [CPC]
Havock
ComNet Cadet

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  235
August 15, 2009 8:01:05 AM    View the profile of Havock 
The room shook. Havock shot a concerned glare over to Jaenna. They were all in the maintenance room, who in the hell could be out side shooting at each other?

“Jeanna, what was that?” Akilaa’s voice was a whisper across the small room. The only sound that remained after the blast was Waulkure’s sobs.

Havock rolled her eyes at the girl. This was no the time for freaking out, they needed to stay calm. Hav got Karash’s attention and nodded him towards Waulkure. The medic smirked and walked over to see what he could do.

Shaking her head softly Havock looked back up to see Jae looking at her. Hav pushed off the wall, and took the few steps up to Jae’s location.

“We should go, Jae.” The squad leader just looked at Havock. Her green eyes were searching for something, words maybe. Hav pulled Jae close enough to whisper in her ear.

“If your trying to think of something to say to me, don’t worry I know. You know which way to go, you know what to do, I trust you. Now let’s go, dammit.” Havock pulled away with a smirk on her face. Jae nodded and got to work.

“Okay, we need to head in that direction,  it should take us right to the communications array. Once we are there I can use the information HC sent us to disable it, if that doesn’t work Joamer and Bacredi can blow it up I’m sure. This code cylinder should make hacking though any doors easier. And no I don’t know what caused the explosion, and I don’t care, we have a job to do.” With that the squad leader moved to the door and nodded to Joamer to open it.

Havock looked over the group, everyone seemed ready to go with their weapons out and bodies turned towards the door. The only exception was Waulkure, who was up and holding her weapon, but looked far from ready for anything.

Havock stepped out into the hallway and ended up next to Joamer.  Bacredi was behind them, followed by Jaenna and the rest of the squad. They moved silently through the hallway towards the communications array which was located on the roof.

The mobile command base was not a large structure. Everything in it was like a miniature version of a real command base. From the very small detention center located above the cargo area, to the command center that also functioned as a cockpit. Heck the room they failed to infiltrate could not have held much more than two desks.

They did not need to go far to make it to the communcations array, but as they rounded the first corner they ran right into what Havock guessed were the pilot and crew of the base. Everyone yelled then a second later the blaster bolts started to fly down the corridor.

Bacredi and Joamer were running dangerously low on explosives, so they all needed to rely on their  blasters for the time being.  The squad was split up, with Bacredi, Jaenna and Karash on one side of the small corridor, and Havock, Joamer, Akilaa with Waulkure cowering on the other.

Havock kept taking turns with Joamer firing around the corner at the field troopers. They did not seem to be expecting to find the RAIDERS. They had equipment with them, that looked like they were a repair crew rather than guards searching.

“Joamer, I don’t think-“ Joamer grabbed Havock by the shoulder and yanked her back around the corner. “What the hell?”

Joamer grumbled, then muttered. “Be more careful, Ayme.” Havock tried to get back up and head down the hallway, she got the impression that a squad of troopers running at them would freak them out just enough for RAIDERS to get the advantage. Joamer grunted and pushed Havock down again. “Ayme! No!”

Havock just shook her head at him, great now I have two overprotective people in this squad who like to look after me.

“Am I allowed to shoot back?” She mumbled sarcastically. Havock hated being taken care of. It bugged her to no end. There was no time for this, and…and. Hav groaned, now she was just acting like a child, time to get back to work.

Getting in a kneeling position, Havock started to fire back at the field troopers. She just hoped that the fight was over before the rest of the remaining field troopers or those blasted Noghri found them.

StarFruit
ComNet Cadet

StarFruit

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  235
Total Posts:  799
August 15, 2009 11:46:55 AM    View the profile of StarFruit 
All they had were their side arms to attack with. This of course, made shooting back at the three crewman so much easier. The problem was, all seven troopers in the RAIDERS squad had decided to shoot their different weapons at the three lowly crewman. This was not going to sit well with Jaenna. It was horrible idea. Not only was it a bad idea, but this place was too small for a ten person shootout to be going on.

With a grumble, Jaenna stopped shooting her DC-15 pistol and pressed her back against the wall. She turned her attention to her troopers and grunted in frustration. “RAIDERS! Joamer, Karash, Havock, Akilaa and Waulkure fall back!”

Everyone looked at her. The blaster bolts kept flying by.

“What the hell? Why!?” Joamer shot at her with a frustrated yell as a blaster bolt from the pilot grazed his right shoulder, just at the nape of his neck. Akilaa instantly put her gun back to her side and rushed over to Joamer, who simply grunted at his sister and turned back to the Squad Leader. “Why do we need to fall back?!” Akilaa grunted back at him and started to check his shoulder.

Havock even slowly scotched up to Jaenna and looked at her with a very confused look on her face. “I’ll follow orders once I know what kind of logic you’re trying to pull here.” It was obvious that everyone was getting annoyed with the mission. With everything. The injuries, the constant scent of failure hanging in the air, all of it. It was all getting on everyone’s nerves. Jaenna was especially getting affected by it. Her mind was in shambles. Havock looked at Jae, her blue eyes soft and showing obvious worry, yet her face itself still held the annoyance of being told to fall back.

There was nothing Jae wanted to do more than just pick up Havock and Run out of there, go to her Condo and just rest for months on end. Hold Havock in her arms and tell the girl how much she loved her. Stare into the blue eyes and just get lost; so lost that she wouldn’t care if she had to die to keep Havock with her. Yeah… that sounded nice.

“Jae!” Havock’s voice struck Jae’s ears hard. The Squad Leader shook her head and knelt down, pulling Havock with her.

Jaenna looked at her squad, Bacredi was still shooting at the crewman though, and Waulkure was still cowering. “This place is too small for a ten guy shootout. It’ll get really dangerous, really quickly. Plus, using all of our guns on three guys? What the hell are we doing? We’re scared, I know this. But that’s just wasting ammo. So, as I said, ‘Credi and I will stay here. Joamer, you and Karash push forward right after, and I mean RIGHT after these guys fall, and head to the pilot’s chair. Havock and Akill-“

Joamer cut her off. “Why the hell would we need to go to the pilots chair?”

With a growl, Jaenna glared at Joamer. She was getting absolutely SICK of her commands being questioned. “JUST DO IT. I might not outrank your ass, but I sure as hell am allowed to give you commands! You’re going to the pilots chair with Karash to take control of this thing and run it’s ass over the stupid kriffin’ Field Troopers out there!” Jaenna quickly looked at her DataPad, then glared back up at Joamer again. “They are only a few yards away from us now. So do what I say. I don’t give a kriffin shit anymore. Just do it! I’m going to keep us alive in this shit hole if I die doing it!”

Everyone stared at Jae, surprised of her sudden anger. It wasn’t sudden though. She had only just allowed it to come out fully. When she growled again, and gripped the handle of her DC-15 tighter, Joamer and Karash nodded to her and stood and pressed their backs against the wall, ready to run after the three men fell.

Havock placed a hand on Jae’s shoulder and squeezed. A silent ‘Look, hun. It’ll be okay. I’m here.’ Jaenna appreciated it, but didn’t respond. She just looked to Akilaa and said, “You and Havock are going to get Waulkure up to the Command Computer. Go when I say go.” Akill and Havock both nodded.

Jae stood up, and picked her DC-15 back up to its firing position. She made her way to stand opposite of Bacredi, who was still firing at the men. She looked over at him, who looked at her and nodded, then she aimed her pistol at the three men. With the frenzy of shots finally gone, and concentration once again somewhat back in RAIDERS, Bacredi and Jaenna fired their shots, and within seconds all three men feel to the floor.

“RAIDERS! GO!” The Squad Leader shouted.
Corporal Jaenna Caldwin
[]CommunicationsTech[]

SL/CPL Jaenna/2SQD/1PLT/1COM-Phoenix/1BAT-Dragon/1RGT-Osiris/Tadath/VEA/VE
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image

[email protected]

"I don't hold my breath, and I don't hold my tongue. And I know that you know that I don't back down to no one. TO NO ONE."
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

Post Number:  311
August 15, 2009 12:54:53 AM    View the profile of Joamer 
"The plans indicate there is a backup command console in the cockpit." Joamer said as he walked forward quietly. His Particle Magnum was out in front with Havock beside him. Akilaa, Karash and Waulkure right behind them. "This place looks larger then the last one I saw, years ago."

"It is, it's been modified. It's wider and taller, meaning more rooms, but they are all extremely small. Luckily our Noghri friends are on the second level, and we still have the element of surprise." Havock said slowly. He nodded as he thought about his last encounter with one of those things. He had not come out the victor in the slightest, and he was not ready for a rematch so soon. His back still twinged when he breathed deeply.

Walking to what appeared to be the cockpit door, Havock motioned with the code cylinder. Joamer rushed in as the door opened to find the room deserted. Holstering his Magnum he began flipping switches as he sat down in the seat. Moving the seat to it's forward locking position he began working various dials and knobs as he watched the systems begin to activate.

"You ever operate something this big?" He heard Havock ask as she closed and sealed the door. He looked back to see Akilaa and Karash take positions on either side of the door. Walkure was getting to work on what looked like the separate command computer. Havock walked up to stand beside him and supervise he attempts to get the base engines online.

"Once, a long time ago." Joamer mumbled as he tried to bring up the starting systems. Drawing back his arm as he went to smash the console, he felt Havock grip his wrist.

"Allow me." She murmured. He tried not to breathe as she reached across him and flipped three switches and two dials. A second later he felt the engines kick on and the systems come to life.

"All these things have emergency start up programs. The designers never thought to disable them, guess they thought none of these could ever be hijacked." She said quietly, the tone in her voice attempted to mask the fact that she had done something he had not thought of.

"So, what happened the last time you operated something this large?" She asked as Joamer released the support struts, and put the base into gear.

"I wrapped it around a tree." He said as he throttled up and aimed for the first group of defenses in front of the base. He heard her grunt and felt her hands tighten on the back of the chair.

The deer in the headlights look were on every field troopers face as the mobile command base ran over the first group. They could imagine the screams that escaped the troopers mouths seconds before they were crushed, but luckily no sound could be heard inside the cockpit.

Chopping the throttle, Joamer cut the base sharply to the left and aimed for the next set of defenses. Throttling up to full, the engines screamed as the base plowed forward.

"I don't think they will give us much longer. So I suggest you hurry on that computer." Havock said to Waulkure.

"I'm almost done." She half mumbled. "I managed to get more technical readouts, and even some of their recent communications, and what looks like troop deployments."

"Good, because I'm loosing power." Joamer said suddenly. He pushed the throttle to full and crushed the defensive embankment in front of them. The base lurched to a stop, as the engines died. Standing up Joamer drew his Particle Magnum, set it to full power and proceeded to blast every console in the cockpit.

"Destroy everything while we have the chance." Havock said as she caught on. The four of them made short work of the computers, after a moment Karash unsealed the door and stepped out into the corridor. "Fall back to Jae and Credi, we need to move now."

Being the last one to step out of the cockpit, Joamer prepped a grenade and tossed it in. He shut the door just as the grenade went off. Walking back to the others he said quietly "Time for us to relocate."

"We managed to destroy some of the defenses, and a few of the troopers outside. We got some troop deployment data, as well as some recent communications." Havock said to Jaenna.

Joamer heard Jae pace back and forth for a short moment before saying "Very good, let's move. They have to be on their way to deal with us."

Nodding Joamer stepped away from the wall and lead the squad somewhere away from here.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

"Gentle beings, I bid you welcome. Welcome to the blood, to the sweat, to the tears.

Bacredi
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Essayist

Post Number:  1391
Total Posts:  1594
August 15, 2009 11:43:29 PM    View the profile of Bacredi 
“Havock, Bacredi, and Karash, we need you guys to head to a computer terminal, I’m sending the locations to Havock’s datapad.” Jaenna ordered the group as she rested her knee in the hallway to the outside the now destroyed cockpit of the PX.

“Copy,” Bacredi said as he walked over to Jaenna, he was about five paces away from Joamer. “Joamer, can you to toss me that?” He pointed towards his M66, which had fallen, during impact, next to where Joamer was now.

“Sure thing,” he picked it up and at the same time pushed his knees up and stood up. He threw it towards Bacredi and Bacredi caught it, hand on the butt. He caught it and cocked it, a bullet being discharged. The sound of voices carried through the hallway, as they had locked the second door that was in the middle of the hallway, and Bacredi took an alarmed look at Havock, she ushered at him and Karash.

“Lets go—get all your ammo. Can you guys hold down the fort?” Havock said sarcastically as he picked up her rifle that was resting on the wall and then holstered her pistols. Bacredi checked on his Tropov and then grabbed the two clips that had fallen out of his belt. Bacredi, Karash, and Havock ran through a door to his left, and the room was lined with screens. Karash closed the door behind them and bolted it.

“Would this work as a computer terminal?” Havock asked.

“Let me check.” Bacredi stated as he moved to type on the keyboard. “‘Connection to Cameras Only’,” Bacredi said to the group.

“Stang.” They passed through another door which connected to another room where there were two bodies spread onto the ground. Gunshots suddenly erupted, as they broke through the barricade in the hallway most likely.

“Tango down,” Jaenna had a cool voice to her as she spoke into the com. They were facing another door now, the door was labeled ‘Engines’.

“One second,” Bacredi said as he moved back into the room full of screens. He checked the screen called ‘Engine Room’, and it showed two or so guards on the other side of some type of walkway, and Bacredi nodded. He tapped the screen and it responded with a command query, Bacredi hit ‘Lights’, and then scrolled down to ‘Off’. The lights fully turned off and Bacredi ran back into the room. “Lights are off and there are two guards.” Bacredi hit the button by the door and it turned off the lights in the room he was in as well.

“Copy, de-bolt it.” Bacredi de-bolted it at Havock’s command. I wonder why there are bolts…seems a little archaic. Bacredi thought. Bacredi and Havock moved in first, holding their silenced weapons high.

“Freeze!” One of the guards screamed and both of they’re flashlights turned on, Bacredi and Havock seized the moment and each aimed for the one closest to their side. Bacredi pulled the trigger once and shot the guard in the neck, as was found out by the guards intense breathing. Havock put two shots below the man’s flashlight, hitting him in the chest.

“Lights.” Havock said, and Bacredi and Karash flicked on their weapon flashlights. They all had M66s, and the flashlights were the same.

“Poor wankers, never stood a chance,” Bacredi muttered as he stepped over the bodies.

“That’s what they get for flipping on their lights,” Karash said. “Where now?” He asked as they came to the end of the hallway, Havock pressed her hand to the button that was near the end of the hallway. It opened in the middle and Bacredi moved first, one man was running up the stairs and Bacredi centered a shot in his forehead.

“Ah!” The guard screamed as he fell to the ground.

“What was that?” Someone a flight below them screamed. The sound of a door opening was heard. “Shit! Follow me!” Karash handed Havock, who had moved to point, a stun grenade. Havock tossed it off of the hallway wall and into the staircase. The sound of men screaming echoed loudly and she burst down the stairs, which made an ‘L’ shape. She twisted around the corner and fired from the hip, hitting the first man out of three, who fell onto the second. Bacredi popped around the corner as Havock was halfway down, and he shot the man that had been fallen on directly in the shoulder, which was barely visible. The third man barely stood a chance, as he was a mere technician with a pistol. He raised it only to be shot down by Karash, who had fallen in behind Bacredi.

A man ran through the doorway at the bottom of the stairs as Havock reached the bottom. She put the butt of her rifle out and the action broke his nose, Karash and Bacredi both shot the man who was already bleeding continuously through his nose. Karash surged forward and checked around the corner, no one was there. The engine room on the first floor was practically the same, but had two walkways this time. “File in!” A woman’s voice bellowed as a door came open. “Vast Emp shit!” A woman screamed as she un-holstered her pistol.

“Let loose,” Havock calmly said. Bacredi and Karash moved to the second walkway while Havock ran down the first. The woman was followed by three men, who were firing continuously. Bacredi took a knee and fired twenty or so times, taking out two of the men and closelining another with the force of impact from the bullet. The woman shot the pistol at Havock who replied with a loud “You bitch!” And she mowed her down. The soldier next to her was about to fire at Havock, most likely killing her, but Karash was able to fire at her, distracting her. Bacredi fired as well, but Karash shot him first. Bacredi’s shots went past him and impacted onto a computer console.

“FUCK!” Bacredi cursed as he realized what he had just done.

”Well, that was just dumb,” Havock said.

“I know.” Bacredi replied. He released his clip and then put another one in. He cocked and then was ready to go again. The main hallway was outside that door, and there was the computer console in one of those rooms. Havock, Karash, and Bacredi ran across the hallway and into another room: barracks that were completely empty. They closed the door, and there was a small crack in the door that Karash left open so he could see. Men and women responded by coming out of the two doors at the end of the hallway, eight or so, and they ran down the hallway.

“Find the assholes, they’ve killed a lot of us already!” A man screamed as he entered the engine room. “File in, they’ve probably retreated back up.” As the rest of them moved back into the engine room and they waited for about half a minute, Havock commed Jaenna.

“Jae, there is eight guys coming up. They might be able to break through the bolt, over.” Bacredi’s heart sank at what they had just done. They might have just signed the death warrant on the other part of RAIDERS Squad. Karash opened the door and took lead, a technician carrying a tray of bolts came out of a doorway and Karash swiveled, Bacredi duck, and Havock moved back into the doorway. Karash shot the technician, squeezing the trigger for two seconds. The bolts landed all over the ground and Bacredi moved across the hallway and grabbed the engine room door and slammed it shut. There was a bolt on the outside as well so he bolted it shut.

Bacredi ran down the hallway and closed another door shut while covering the other doorway, the other doorway was seemingly empty. Bacredi entered it and saw that it wasn’t, there was a technician in there on a computer screen—the computer terminal! Bacredi remarked in his mind. Bacredi aimed at the technician and pulled the trigger, he hadn’t pushed the clip in far enough… “Fuck…” Bacredi muttered as the tech looked around. He grabbed the grenade from the desk that he was at, which Bacredi hadn’t noticed, and pulled the key. Bacredi pushed it in, cocked it, and aimed in less than three seconds. The grenade fell from his hands, near where he lay, and he dove outside the room. He lipped to Karash and Havock ‘R-U-N!’, he got up quickly and ran down the hallway. The grenade had a delay and it exploded as Bacredi was a third way down the hallway.

Screams came from the other rooms.

“Oh God,” Bacredi said. He tried to move his legs but was met by searing pain. He looked at his leg to notice a large gash in it.
TRP/FSG Bacredi/2SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA
Havock
ComNet Cadet

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  237
August 16, 2009 7:02:49 AM    View the profile of Havock 
Havock grimaced as she gripped the M66 tighter. She had a number of things to be angry about at the moment. First of all, she hated rifles but her pistols were getting dangerously low on ammo. Second, she was way from Jaenna, and that was irritating her. And third, they just shot up the computer terminal they were supposed to be going after. Now, to add to everything else, they just watched eight men run right in the other group’s direction.

Havock grabbed her datapad, while Bacredi kept popping his head in doors looking for the other computer terminal.  Hav wanted to leave; she wanted to follow the troopers that would eventually find Jae and the others. When she closed her eyes all she saw was the person she loved face, and she was in trouble. It was about to drive her crazy.

“Got it.” Bacredi called over the comm.

Havock shook her head to snap out of it, and then stomped past Bacredi into the room.  It was some kind of engine room. They were in the bottom of the ship now. The room was mostly pipes and steam, but there was one almost out of place computer terminal not far from the entrance.

Digging in her pocket she got the datapad out that Jae had given her to plug into the terminal. Havock would have completely refused to go through with this crazy idea, if Jae had not assured her that anyone could just plug in a datapad. All of the information needed to shut down the communications array was right there, well according to Jae.

Something seemed odd about the datapad, but Hav just shrugged and plugged it in. Everything appeared to be going just fine, and then the terminal made the strangest sound. Havock leaned in closer to try to identify it. The screen showed normal information, well what you would expect if you were hacking into their computer system. Hav squinted, it was getting louder. Then she smelled the smoke.

Havock frowned and quickly stepped back to see that the smoke was coming from the port with the datapad. She tried to rack her brain for what in the hell could be going on. She had dated two comm techs at this point in her life, she should be able to recall what smoke during hacking meant. Okay datapad felt odd, but this could be a counter-security measure, we are in a adjunct to the main computer, maybe this is a prevention device, so I can…

A loud pop made Havock jump farther back away from the terminal. Then it finally dawned on her what was happening. She was giving the computer too much credit for being intelligent. The datapad was damaged in the fight before on their way here, now it was frying the port.

“Shit.” Havock turned and ran towards the door yelling Bacredi and Karash’s name then grabbing them both by the shoulder as the terminal blew. The explosion shook the whole command center.

The three of them turned over and looked back in the room, now billowing with smoke. “Nice work, Corporal.” Bacredi muttered sarcastically.

Havock rolled her eyes. “Shut up, I’m not a comm tech. Now let’s go, the others need us.” 

Hav got to her feet and ran full speed towards the room she knew Jaenna, Joamer, and Akilaa were holed up in. Havock noticed that Bacredi tried to keep up, but had a pronounced limp in his right leg. Havock yelled back to Karash, as they rounded the last corner.

“Check Bacredi, when you get a chance.” Havock put her hand on Karash’s shoulder as she spoke.

Karash nodded. “Yes I saw the limp too.”

Havock was not really listening they approached the rear of three field troopers firing into a room. Havock did not feel at all like sorting out the reasons or the situation, all she wanted right now was to get into that room. Even if that meant she would be greeting with a very angry Jae, she did not care as long as it was Jae. She just knelt aimed, and fired.

Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

Post Number:  312
August 16, 2009 12:56:05 AM    View the profile of Joamer 
Joamer watched as the squad split up again. He hated when this happened, someone always managed to get hurt before they regrouped. He turned around and surveyed the small room they had hold up in, it was nothing more then an inspection room of some type. Gauges, nozzles, and pipes aligned the walls and disappeared into the floor and ceiling.

Finding what looked like suitable cover he knelt down and began looking over his Magnum. He felt Akilaa slide in close to him and begin checking over her rifle. He looked across the room at Jae, she was watching the door that Havock had just walked out of with a strangled expression. He knew she was fighting the urge to run after her, she turned to look at him, her eyes bored into his head.

She dropped her gaze after a moment and sighed, he half turned to Akilaa and whispered "Stay here." Standing up he walked over to Jae and knelt down beside her. Placing one of his hands on her shoulders he forced her to look up at him. After a minute he said softly "All that anger will burn you up."

"Don't lecture me on anger." She mumbled in a fierce voice. "I'm the one who has failed here, and I've almost got you all killed doing it."

Joamer sat down and pulled her into his lap. He knew this was not the right time for this, but he felt it needed to be done. She resisted at first, but then melted into his arms. "Jae, stop blaming yourself for everything that goes wrong. Things happen, things go wrong. This is our job, we get nearly killed everyday in this field." He stroked her back slowly, over and over again.

She did not say anything only seemed to try to curl up tighter into his embrace. "How do you deal with the stress?" She whispered very softly finally.

He placed one of his hands on her neck and raised her face to look at him "You get your troopers home. Nothing else matters in the long run, you are not alone here Jae. You have Ayme and I to help you. I've been through more missions then I care to recall. Use our knowledge, don't go off and do rash things without asking us." He stroked her chin slowly for a second. The sudden quiet should of alerted him, a split second after his eyes got wide a blaster bolt sizzled over his head.

"Get down!" Jae and Joamer shouted at the same instant.

Pulling out his Magnum he began firing at the door as five field troopers entered the room. The combined shots from the three RAIDERS quickly put an end to them. Joamer began standing up to clear the hallway when he felt pressure on his arm, looking down he saw Jae shake her head and smile.

He frowned as he heard shouts from outside, a second later three bodies slumped to the ground and Karash leading a limping Bacredi walked into the room. Havock walked into the room a second later, her eyes going directly towards Jae. The look she had on her face when she saw Jae's hand on his arm almost made him laugh, if not for the small figure who suddenly appeared behind her.

It seemed to take an eternity for Joa to stand up and shout "No!"

He watched as something flashed, Hav's eyes went wide as she was hurled into the room. Her body slammed into the wall and slid to the ground, he was not sure who was moving first. Jae or him, he only knew he was at Hav's side before he thought about being there.

He heard Jae snarl under her breath and draw two knives from her belt. She started to run towards the Noghri, but Joamer caught her and spun her around. She stabbed at him with one of the knives but he held both her hands in a firm grip.

He considered slapping her, but settled for only forcefully shaking her. Her head cleared for a moment and he said "I'll handle this."

She nodded before he let her go, walking over to the wall he gripped a pipe and ripped it from the wall. A six foot piece came off, walking towards the door he spun the pipe behind him a few times to get the weight.

Positioning himself near the door he watched as the creature backed up into the hallway. Stepping through he shifted the pipes position and said "You were the same one last time. This time the outcome will not be the same."

He was not sure if the creature understood him, he only knew this time one of them would fall. Bringing the staff in a arc over his head, he watched as the creature ducked underneath the blow. Reversing the spin he managed to land a blow to the creatures arm.

They broke away and took up positions again, after a moment he said "Told you, I'm not such a push over this time." He had a split second to defend as the Noghri attacked, the staff became a blur as he parried and counter attacked. He lost track of time and went on pure instinct as the creatures true speed came out.

They fought for minutes or hours, he managed to connect a few times, but unfortunately no serious damage was done. Joamer kicked out his left foot as a distraction and spun the staff in a tight arc. The Noghri dodged the foot but missed the staff. Joamer felt the impact, as the pipe made contact with the creatures neck hard.

He moved forward for the finishing blow as the Noghri stood stunned in the center of the hallway. Without warning Joamer grunted, he felt the pipe slid from his hands. A second later the Noghri stood up and snarled at him, picking him up he felt his body fly into the room and slam into the far wall.

He slumped to the floor and groaned, looking down he saw a short knife sticking out of his stomach. He looked up to see the Noghri calmly take a defensive position in the hallway.

He noticed Akilaa rush up to him and begin to inspect the wound, after a moment he groaned "Alright, it's someone else's turn to fight him."
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

Havock
ComNet Cadet

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  238
August 16, 2009 4:19:01 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Havock was so happy just to see Jae nothing else seemed to matter. Bacredi had to be helped by Karash the last few meters of the journey, but the three men in their way went down easily given the element of surprise they had.

She frowned looking at Joamer and Jae sitting so close, she wondered what had happened, maybe something was wrong. That was about as far as she got. Joamer's face changed and he jumped up yelling something. Havock knew something was about to happen. She grabbed her pistols and turned, but never made it.

She was not sure what hit her. Hav spun around with the creature on her back and slammed into the wall, she knew it left her but something was wrong. She could feel the pain in her chest from the injured rib from earlier, but now there was a new pain. Havock melted to the floor and managed to turn to see Joamer fighting the Noghri with a very long pole.

Something wet on her side made Hav wince. She touched her back, on the lower right side she could feel something was wrong it felt wet and warm. Frowning she pulled her hand back and instead of peach her hand was completely red.

Frak.

Havock stared at her hand for a long time, she was not sure how much time had passed. Then she heard Joamer grunt. Snapping her attention back to the fight she saw Joamer stumble then get thrown into the room hitting the wall. He was holding his stomach, the Noghri seemed to smirk with his knives in the doorway.

Jaenna and Karash rushed the beast then. He just stood there not too far from where Havock was sitting against the wall. Then he darted out the door with incredible speed. They followed him leaving Joamer being tended to by Akilaa, Bacredi guarding the door and Havock in the room.

Havock knew they needed to complete the objectives, they needed to blow up the communications array and get out of there. They were close, they could do it. But if Jae was worried about her then she was not so sure.

Hav slid up the wall, pushing against it for support. Her side felt cold now, but she could manage until they had found a way out of the command center.

Akilaa was putting a bacta patch or something on Joamer's wound. It did not look deep, that was a good thing. Havock could not even bare to think about Joamer being hurt. He was one of her closest friends.

The rest of the squad jogged into the room. Jaenna glanced at Joamer, to which he nodded back in response. The she immediately walked over to Havock.

“Ayme, are you okay?” Jae looked very concerned and her green eyes searched Hav's face for any sign  that she was hurt.

Havock felt pretty good, as long as she did not move...or breathe. “Yep. The terminal idea didn't exactly go as planned.”

“Has anything?” They both smiled for a second then Havock continued.

“Right. Well Bacredi shot up the main terminal, then we found the auxiliary and I managed to blow it up with the datapad. It got broken some how while we were fighting on our way there.”

Jae nodded. She looked at Hav for a long time. Hav just smirked and concentrated on her breathing. Jae was way to good at noticing when something was wrong with Hav, and she really did not want her to notice right now.

“Okay.” Jae said that way too slowly, she had to know something was up. “Well I guess we will just do this the hard way. You're sure your not hurt? Cause Karash can look at you if-”

“No. I'm fine.”

Jae looked skeptically at Hav again before turning towards the rest of the group and giving the order to move out.

They made their way up, towards the communications array. There was little in the way of opposition, which was just odd. The whole time they could not go around a corner without running into some random trooper wanting to shoot them.

Havock was having trouble walking without holding her side. It was beginning to get on her nerves, but now was no time to stop and remove half her armor just to put a bacta patch on some cut. Jaenna motioned for the squad to stop.

Haovck was towards the rear of the squad covering their backs, but even from her position she could see the opening to the communications array. Jaenna listened and then hit the controls for the door to open.

[This message has been edited by Havock (edited August 16, 2009 7:02:32 PM)]
Karash
ComNet Initiate

Karash

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  144
Total Posts:  425
August 16, 2009 6:13:04 PM    View the profile of Karash 
The RAIDERS walked through the door and were greeted with a large climb upwards towards the communications array that they needed to destroy. The squad had acquired a few injuries now, Joamer had been attacked by the Noghri and Bacredi had injured his leg; both were able to carry on moving however their pace would be significantly slower.

“We need to get up there now.” Havock winced slightly as she spoke.

“We are being followed by everyone with a weapon in this place, how are we meant to out run them with two injured troopers?” Karash asked, giving Havock a look knowing she was trying to hide something.

“We are fine!” Joamer and Bacredi spoke in unison.

“We have not got the time to stand here discussing what we are doing, we need to blow that thing up.” Havock said gesturing towards the roof.

“I doubt if we’ll even get there in our current state!” Karash did not mean to but, never the less he did raise his voice.

Before anything else could be said, the squad’s attention was drawn to the Field troopers running towards them; there was also the distinct figure of a Noghri following them. The RAIDERS did not have time to react as shots began to be fired not at them but from them, then the great metal doors slammed shut as the control panel was destroyed.

“What the hell did you do that for?” Karash turned to Joamer and spoke with a clear feel of shock.

“You said we needed more time and now we have got it.” Joamer smirked as he spoke.

“Right now let’s move!” Jaenna roared and instantly the squad moved.

The climb to the roof was not a long one but it felt as though it had taken them years; at any moment the troopers below could burst through the door and gun them down with ease and even if they made it to the top the Noghri would surely be with them soon. They finally reached their destination, the communications array was stood right in front of them, now if the RAIDERS were going to die they would die having completed their final task. However things would not go that smoothly as gunfire came from nowhere.

“It’s not from down there.”Akilaa said with reference to where they had just come from.

“I do believe they are our problem.” As Karash pointed towards the ground where yet more troopers were shooting at them, a searing pain ripped through Karash’s shoulder.

There must have been snipers on the ground because that shot was aimed perfectly at Karash’s head and would have gotten its target if he had not moved at the last moment. Though Karash did not realise how bad it actually was because there was a large chunk of armour and flesh was now missing and a lot of the squad were shouting at him.

“Karash are you alright?” was the general gist of what was being said.

“I am perfectly fine; now get on with what you need to before we are all dead!” Karash tried to speak loudly but the extra strain increased the pain further.

“Joamer and Bacredi deal with that thing, Havock you and me will keep that lot occupied, Akilaa you...” Jaenna did not get to finish her sentence because Karash knew what was coming.

“I am quite capable of looking after myself, after all I have had enough practice with you lot.” Karash just motioned for Akilaa to help Hav and Jae.

Karash did not pay much attention to what happened in the following moments, as he tried his best to patch himself up but he was near enough out of medical supplies from the RAIDERS previous encounters with injury. There was then an explosion and Karash assumed that the communication array was destroyed but there was no smoke or orders to finally get the hell out of there, instead he looked down and say four or five Field troopers heading up to them.

“Somebody throw a grenade down there, NOW!” Karash had not been speaking to anyone in particular but never the less someone obliged.

It had worked because any movement down there had ceased, though Karash had made sure by firing a round at them. A few more minutes passed before finally they were ready to leave, though it would surely not be easy.

“Charges are set, we need to get out of here.” Joamer said.

“Come on then, we need to get the hell out of here!” With Jae’s words everyone left the roof and made their way back down.

As they ran back through the corridors of the mobile command centre Karash realised that he would have a considerable amount of work to do once this was over because most of the squad was once again injured. Not only that but there was bound to be yet more enemy troopers waiting for them around every corner, as well as the now missing Noghri. With an explosion that ripped through the structure, the RAIDERS job was done.
TRP/LCPL_Karash/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/TADATH/VE [ES2][AS-H][DOH]
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

Post Number:  313
August 16, 2009 7:28:08 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
The squad stopped suddenly as the power went out. Joamer could hear the harsh breathing from all around him. He held back a groan as he pressed his hand to his wound again. He had started to have a bad feeling about the blade he was stabbed with, the sudden warmth coming from his stomach confirmed it.

"No lights, let your natural night vision take over." Joamer said softly. A second later the dim emergency lights flickered on. "Or maybe not." He mumbled half to himself.

The base became very eerie suddenly, no troops appeared to harass them as they made their way slowly towards any exit they could find. The atmosphere smelled of sweat, blood, death, and danger. Joamer had flash backs to previous missions, ones where real monsters lurked in the shadows.

He felt a hand on his suddenly, soft fingers gripped his. A second later he heard Akilaa say "You don't have to be afraid of the dark." He held back a chuckle as she seemed to look right into him and find out his greatest fear.

"Give it time, sooner or later you will find there are monsters in the dark. Real ones." He said softly.

The squad continued to move slowly through the vehicle. Credi signaled a halt, and everyone stopped. Joamer looked to his left at Havock, he had been watching her since the fight with the Noghri, he could see she was fading faster now.

"Ayme." Jae said suddenly. Her hand reached up and wiped sweat from Havs brow. "What's wrong?"

Havock opened her mouth but did not say anything. Her teeth began chattering loud enough for Joamer to hear. Releasing Akilaa's hand he walked over and starred into her eyes. Cursing to himself he said "Credi, double time now. We need to get out of here."

Looking over Havock quickly Joamer swore as he touched her lower back for a brief instant. Bringing his hand up he starred at the blood that covered his fingers. Jae gasped as she saw his hand, an instant later Havock's eyes rolled back into her head and she folded not so gracefully to the floor.

"Medic!" Joamer and Jaenna shouted at the same time.

Karash and Akilaa rushed over at the same time, and both knelt down. They began examining her quickly, Credi took up position against a wall and Joamer leaned against the wall behind him. He closed his eyes and breathed slowly calmly. He felt Akilaa stand up and come over to him, a moment later he heard her say "Something is wrong with you."

He nodded slowly and said "I think that blade that bugger skewered me with had something on it. I can feel it beginning to burn more and more."

Akilaa went to say something else but Karash said "I need somewhere to work, right this instant. She won't live long enough to get out of here. Find us a room now!"

Pushing himself off the wall, Joamer reached down and picked up Havock. Jaenna spared a brief instant to stare at him before her gaze returned to Havock. "Credi, find us a room. Somewhere with a door we can seal behind us." Karash said.

Following Credi Joamer carried the unconscious Havock in his arms. Her normal body heat was magnified, he could feel it even through his armor. She was limp as a rag-doll as he entered a room Credi had found. Laying her down on a table he stepped away and watched as Karash and Akilaa began working.

Walking over to Jaenna he placed his left hand on her shoulder, and his right against his wound. She noticed the movement and glanced at him, her eyes asked the question her lips could not.

"She's more important right now. Credi and I will be outside, I don't think we have long till they show up. Maybe it will be enough for them to stabilize her." He said softly, he felt his strength beginning to wane.

Walking to the door he slapped the door panel and stepped into the hallway. He heard the door shut behind him, someone inside must of hit the door lock, because a second later he heard it engage. He leaned against the wall and groaned quietly.

He heard Bacredi say "That bugger got you good didn't he?"

Joamer could only nod slowly. A stir in the air around him was all the warning they had, Joamer had his Particle Magnum in his hand before he lifted his head. Looking up he saw two small figures standing in front of Credi and him. He looked left and right and counted six men with blasters pointed at them.

His hand tightened on his Magnum, as he flipped the power setting to full. He starred calmly at the Noghri in front of him, it was the same one who he had fought twice, and lost both times.

A moment later he heard someone say "Drop your weapons, now!"

He had to stall, give Karash and Akilaa long enough to stabilize her. He thought about rushing the men, but that would only buy them a few more seconds. Instead he said to the Noghri "One day, someone like me. Is going to kill you, and your whole frakking race."

He thought he saw the thing begin to smile, but he was unsure. Glancing at Credi he shrugged and said "Well, it's been a fun ride." He heard Credi chuckle softly. Flipping his Magnum to safe, he dropped it to the ground.

He noticed out of the corner of his eye one of the men raise his blaster and fire. His gaze turned blue, as he watched the floor rush up to meet him.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

[This message has been edited by Joamer (edited August 16, 2009 7:31:27 PM)]
StarFruit
ComNet Cadet

StarFruit

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  237
August 17, 2009 7:50:11 AM    View the profile of StarFruit 
They worked quietly, handing each other different patches and small scalpels of sorts. Akilaa took a quick second to glance over at Jaenna, just to see how the Squad Leader was doing, but was told to get back to work by a soft ‘ahem’ from Karash.  Akilaa simply nodded and got right back to work. The look on Akilaa’s face was all worry. Not only was her ASL on the verge of death, but her brother was outside in the path of the inevitable. With a soft sigh, she moved her hand over the arm of her ASL, her eyes softening. This entire mission was a failure. The one thing she wouldn’t fail on though was losing Havock.

“Dammit!” Jaenna growled and sent her right fist into the wall she was facing. The wall simple sent out a ‘ding’ noise. When she brought back her hand, she flexed her knuckles and just stared at the small dent she had left. Not only was her kriffin girlfriend on the verge of dying, but they were cornered. She growled and punched the wall again. Another puncher created another dent in the wall. Then another, and another. Now she wasn’t even growling, she was snarling. She just kept punching.

Karash looked up to his SL. “Jaenna, you need to calm down! Please. If you want us to save Havock, you’re going to have to calm down!”

The Sergeant shot a glare at him. Karash glared right back. She noticed the medic look over towards the sound of whimpering in the corner. Jaenna followed his gaze. As always, that stupid newbie Waulkure was sitting in a corner, crying. The four armed thing had all four arms wrapped around her knees, which were pulled tight to her chest. Waulkure’s face was buried in her knees. The sound of crying kept getting louder. Karash shook his head and got back to work.

Jaenna snarled and drew her Treppus-II. She slowly stepped up to Waulkure and glared down at her. Karash and Akilaa both looked to their Squad Leader. “Jae… Don’t…” Jaenna heard Akilaa say softly. But the SL just didn’t care anymore. This stupid, whimpering bitch was probably the reason why they moved so slow, and why Havock… Jaenna snarled again and knelt down in front of the newbie. Waulkure looked up, tears still flowing from her gray eyes. It was obvious that the girl knew what was coming, because the tears became to fall faster, the whimpering increased, and her eyes grew wide as she pressed two of her hands behind her and attempted to back up even further into the wall. The stupid girl wasn’t going to phase through it.

A chuckle came from the Squad Leader. Jaenna’s green eyes were ablaze with the want for some sort of revenge. She chuckled again. “You’re the reason Havock is dying. You stupid girl.” She did it. The Treppus-II slid across the neck of Waulkure smoothly and easily. The blood poured from the wound as the body of the newbie twitched for a quick second then became still.

Nobody had time to react to what Jae had just done. “Drop your weapons now!” They heard two thuds from outside after the command.

“Joamer!” Akilaa shouted as she stepped away from Havock and towards the door, but Karash grabbed her hand and pulled her back to the table Havock was laying on.

“We almost have her stabilized.” Akilaa nodded and Karash smiled at her. They got back to work. Within seconds it seemed, Karash had stepped back from the table and smiled down at the ASL. “She’s stabilized, Jaenna.” His voice was soft, still full of worry, and yet still held a soft twinge of triumph. 

Again, there was no time. The door began to buckle a bit with each loud ‘bang’ that sounded through the room. The three Vast Empire troopers stepped back from the door; Jaenna still placed her Treppus-II back in its place on her back and growled softly, flexing her right hand. Her left hand was on the unconscious Havock’s head, stroking her hair softly. “I’ll keep you safe.” She said softly. Then, the door came flying in a few feet as a Noghri took another swing at it with its fist. The door landed on the ground and the troopers from outside filed in. The two Noghri came in slowly, looking from each trooper, a soft smirk on their faces. One of the troopers looked to Waulkure and chuckled.

“You Vast Empire troops sure are a piece of work aren’t you?” He chuckled and lifted his blaster up higher. “You kill your own troops, huh? I bet you probably killed that one, too.” He pointed a finger at Havock.

Karash didn’t have time to grab for Jaenna before the SL snarled and rush forward, kicking the blaster out of the trooper’s hand. She squatted quickly, and swung out her right foot, and spun to the right. Her heel caught the ankles of the trooper. He let out a soft yelp as he hit the ground. Jaenna leapt on top of him, left hand wrapped around his throat, right fist raised in the air. The rest of the troopers stepped forward and pointed their guns at Jaenna, Karash and Akilaa. The trooper beneath Jaenna wiggled and struggled. “Get this kriffin bitch off of me!”

Jaenna heard Karash’s and Akilaa’s pleads for her to let the trooper go. But she wasn’t going to listen. Her fist connected with the trooper’s face, the cybernetics in her arm working against the man’s facial structure as it collapsed beneath with the power of her punch. The trooper went limp. The rest of the troopers moved quickly. Jaenna heard both Karash and Akilaa drop to the floor. They were stunned. But they weren’t going to just stun the girl who had just killed one of their troops with a punch. Of course not. A Noghri stepped forward and swung its massive arm at Jaenna. Her vision went blurred as she felt her body slam against a wall. The last thing she was Havock’s face before her vision finally went out on her.

OOC:
This ends Phase II
Corporal Jaenna Caldwin
[]CommunicationsTech[]

[email protected]

"I don't hold my breath, and I don't hold my tongue. And I know that you know that I don't back down to no one. TO NO ONE."
[This message has been edited by StarFruit (edited August 17, 2009 7:50:50 AM)]
[This message has been edited by StarFruit (edited August 17, 2009 8:21:54 AM)]
Angel
ComNet Marshal

Angel

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Sith Infiltrator

Post Number:  3151
Total Posts:  3342
August 17, 2009 3:55:09 PM    View the profile of Angel 
OOC:
Ghost Squad - NPC

Phase III Objective 1: Livin' on a Prayer
Equipment:
  • Jumptrooper Armor
  • Stormtrooper II Carbines
  • DC15s Holdout Blasters
  • Misc. Array of Grenades (5 each)
  • One (1) Personal Choice Weapon
Orders: With RAIDERS' capture, the AHC decides to send in one of the top Spec Forces units to extract them. The squad is HALO dropped with jetpacks from an LAAT over the enemy forces.
Opposition:Remains from Phase II (Noghri is with RAIDERS at this time)
Add'l Equip.: 1x LAAT/i (transportation)
NPC Support: None
Max Posts: 15
Additional Information:None at this time.
Tactical Officer - Army High Council | Company Commander - Phoenix Company
TO-CC/1LT Angel/HCA-4/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/Tadath/Vast Empire
----------------------------------------
Darth Phoenix - Dark Lord of the Sith
DLoS/SI Phoenix/DC-04/Lopen/Dark Jedi Order/Vast Empire
[VP:1]

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited August 17, 2009 5:19:37 PM)]
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

Post Number:  318
August 18, 2009 8:24:06 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Marcus Cole read the data pad again, he still could not believe he had requested it. After eight years, he only had to turn this in and he would retire with full honors. His request to retire had taken him a long time to plan out. He knew it would take convincing for High Command to accept it, Ghost Squad was one of the best, you did not simply just walk away from it. He still had not told the squad, his mates, his brothers he knew they would not enjoy the news.

Over the years they had lost more then their share of friends, but the ones who had survived were bonded together so tightly even Death herself could not break them apart. Every few months someone, who they all voted on, was given the chance to wear the insignia of the Ghost. Sometimes they even survived long enough to earn the title.

Marcus shook his head as he thought back over the long years. He had seen a lot of good people come and go, mostly go. He was one of only a very few to have survived this long, now he thought it was time to leave the fighting to the younger generation. He was twenty nine, two months shy of his thirtieth birthday. He was of average build, and of middle height. He had shoulder length black hair, and a quiet way about him.

Everyone always said he seemed more like a Ghost then most others, he proved it by working alone most of the time. Probably why he was one of the best Scouts in the Empire. He got the job done, quickly, quietly, and he had never been captured.

He looked at the pad again, he did not think he was ready to face his brothers just yet. After a long minute he decided he would tell them tomorrow.

"Ghosts mobilize, looks like we have a few lost Storm Troopers that need help finding themselves. We lift off in one hour." The comm system buzzed suddenly.

Looking at the pad again he sighed, could he add one more mission to his record. The record no one would ever see. His name was not recorded in books, his deeds were never mentioned in the news broadcasts. His failures were though, the news loved to destroy them when they failed. Luckily that was a rarity these days.

Standing up from the bed, he slipped the pad into a drawer and closed it. Walking over to his closet he opened it and studied the various suits he had. He could do one more mission, one more then he would retire. Find a quiet planet and actually have a good nights sleep for once in his life.

After a moment he tapped his comm link "Wisp, what's our entry going to be like?"

A minute later his squad leader Doronson "Wisp" Talley answered "HALO jump insertion. Jump armor, standard load out, personal weapon. Just like old times."

Chuckling Reaper shut down the comms and pulled out the crate that held his Jump Trooper armor. Spending the time to look over every piece was something they all did, but within minutes he was prepared. Walking to the back he keyed in an access code and began pulling out items from his weapons locker. Slapping in a clip into his ST-2 Carbine he holstered it, after he added five or so various grenades to his belt he stepped back and looked over his personal weapons collection.

"Which one of you should I bring on my final mission." He said to the various blasters, swords, knives, pistols arrayed in rows before him. He ran his hand lovingly over Arya, a sword handed down to him from Juit, his mentor. "No, not this time. I think my last outing requires something that makes a more lasting impression. unlocking the cords from the M-3 Disruptor he slung the harness over his shoulders and closed the weapons locker.

Stepping out of his room he nodded to Drake, the Assistant Squad Leader. "Cole, ah, so you brought along your newest toy. Was wondering when you would bring her out to play." Marcus ran his hand over the prototype rifle slowly as he walked with Seven.

"Was a tough choice between her and Arya, but I decided since this is my la... I mean, I decided this mission needed a more lasting impression. " Marcus said after a moment.

Drake starred at his long time friend for a minute before shaking his head. "Come on, the others should be done soon. We need to get to the transport and get the best seats, can't let those new guys have all the fun."

Nodding in agreement Marcus Cole, on his last mission followed Drake Kent towards the hangar bay.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

[This message has been edited by Joamer (edited August 19, 2009 7:04:53 PM)]
StarFruit
ComNet Cadet

StarFruit

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  243
August 19, 2009 11:41:11 AM    View the profile of StarFruit 
“Augh! They better hurry it up! I’m getting sick of waiting heeeeeerrreeeee.” The aggravated voice of Squad Leader and Slicer Doronson ‘Wisp’ Talley rung through the hanger as he stood there, leaning against the LAAT that would take them above the enemy forces and HALO drop them. Their orders were somewhat the same from every other mission they had done. Well… somewhat is the operative word there. The Ghost Squad specialized in not only extraction missions, but also in those missions when you need some sneaky people to run in, assassinate some bastard and run out. The Ghost Squad was just sneaky enough.  A smirk spread across Wisp’s lips as the memories of his past missions played through his mind like a silent film.

His reminiscing was cut off, though, by the high pitched voice of the sullustan Pilot that had poked his ugly little head out of the LAAT. “Oi! When your people gettin’ here?” He screeched at Wisp.

The SL cringed at the thing’s voice and shuddered slightly. He never liked sullustans, and the fact that one of those… things was going to be flying the ship that would transport one of the BEST Spec Forces squads didn’t exactly sit well with him. But nobody really knew about his racism, and he would have to keep it professional. “Dunno. They better get here soon. Or they’ll have to answer to my boot.” Wisp lifted up his right foot slightly and nodded down towards it.

The sullustan chuckled and shrugged then scampered back into the cockpit. Wisp slapped his palm to his forehead and shuddered again. It was just something about the way they spoke, looked, and… well moved.  Yeah, he just hated sullustans. Oh well. He needed to focus on the upcoming mission. It would be yet another extraction of a squad that had lost its way.

“Hey honey.” Wisp quickly lifted his head to find the source of the voice. A shiver rushed down his spine as he looked at the woman who had spoken. An’owyn Fairbreeze was one of the most beautiful things on this world. Maybe even the universe. It was mainly her eyes that caught Wisp off guard so often. They were a bright gray. “Alright, now. Don’t drool, love.” She said before dropping her bag next to her as she stopped about half a foot in front of Wisp. She leaned in and lightly kisses his lips. Wisp shivered again. Not only was she beautiful, but she was his.

“You know,” Wisp said as An’owyn pulled away from the kiss, “If our commander ever saw that, he would have our hides.” The woman just shrugged and giggled, her smile lighting up her face. “You and your giggling. Come here you.” He growled playfully as he pulled her into a tight hug, wrapping his arms around her waist. The two of them laughed and playfully tried to wrestle each other; An’owyn trying to get out of the hug, and Wisp trying to hug tighter.

The fun was soon over though, as the squad slowly trickled into the hanger and gathered at the LAAT. An’owyn and Wisp were standing side by side, both already in their Jumptrooper armor, the bags that were by their feet were holding the goodies. Wisp smiled as he saw Reaper and Seven make their way towards the LAAT. He lifted a hand and waved.

“Well hey there asswipes!” He said playfully. Reaper got there first and wrapped his arms around Wisp in a manly hug of sorts, Wisp returning the favor. Seven and Wisp clasped forearms in a manly handshake and nodded to each other.  “Heh. Bertal and Danica just need to get here now.”  Wisp said as he looked behind his two friends, searching for any sign of the two remaining troopers.

Seven spoke up and chuckled. “Oh, they’re right behind us. Reaper and I passed them on the way here. They were arguing about something or other.” He chuckled.

“As always.” An’owyn giggled softly and grabbed Wisp’s hand, pulling him back to stand next to her again.

The Ghost squad had been together for so long. It had been fun. All of the missions, the memories, the friends, the deaths… Wisp was proud to have been the Squad Leader of these Ghosts for so long. It was something to be proud of. All of them had lost somebody in the field. All of them had been hurt to a point that they almost couldn’t come back from. All of them had gone through their fair share of rough spots. They were soldiers, some of the best, it was called for and were just little bumps in the road that they had been traveling together for so long. Hopefully, this mission wouldn’t be their last one together. Or their last one.

“Sorry we’re late!” Wisp looked up and saw Bertal rushing towards the group, Danica right behind him. They both stopped once they reached the group and dropped their bags.

Finally. They were ready to move out. “Alright! Everyone onboard! I’ll fill you in when we get settled.” Wisp gave the order and everyone nodded and picked up their bags and made their way into the LAAT. Once everyone was in and settled down, strapped into their seats and looking at Wisp, who was still standing, both of his hands place on the edge of seats, one on either side of him, smiled at his troopers and nodded. “It seems as though a Vast Empire Squad called RAIDERS has lost their way. They’ve been captured by Thrawn’s boys. We need to get in, get them, and get out. We’re of course going to need to kill some shit. But that’s fun for all of us.” He chuckled along with the rest of his squad. “We are going to be HALO dropped over the enemy. Then we use the specs of the place that our commander sent to our datapads, and find RAIDERS. Now, the squad we are rescuing has been through a lot. There was a report that their Squad Leader had even killed on her own troopers. So just be careful.” He nodded to them and smiled once more. Then he turned his head towards the cockpit and shouted to the pilot, “Take us up!”

Doronson ‘Wisp’ Talley sat next to An’owyn ‘Buster’ Fairbreeze and strapped in. He took An’owyn’s hand in his own and smiled at her. He looked back to the front, and leaned his head back, those memories of his time with Ghost Squad once again played through his mind. This was going to be a great mission. Hopefully not the last.
Corporal Jaenna Caldwin
[]CommunicationsTech[]

[email protected]

Havock
ComNet Cadet

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  240
August 19, 2009 3:44:37 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Drake found an open seat on the LAAT/i and tried to plop down somewhat gracefully and buckled  himself in. The cables hanging from the ceiling clanked against the bulkhead as the ship rose off the ground. Its not like this would be his first jump, Drake loved this part of the job. His heart was pounding in his chest just waiting for the moment when the hatches would open and they would jump out with nothing but the jet pack on their backs to slow the heartrending fall towards the ground.

An annoying elbow knocked Drake out of his reverie. “Yo Sev, try not to look so serious. I mean the boss said this is gonna be fun.”

Drake almost snarled at Bertal but, after a few deep breaths, he just rolled his eyes and answered the Lance Corporal. “Right, thanks Bert, I must have forgotten.”

He smirked, Drake liked all of his squadmates in their own way. Not that he would even admit that in a million years. Drake preferred to be the quiet one in the group, it suited him. He had found a niche and did not intend on leaving it.

Laughter across the cabin caught Drakes attention. Wisp and Buster were laughing, giggling really, at some nonsensical thing. Those two could really drive Drake to drink sometimes. He just shook his head and leaned back against the bulkhead, catching some precious rest before the fun started.

Drake had a feeling that the RAIDERS would probably be injured. Given the fact that they had their own medics, as long as they both were not injured, and the people holding them would not let them just bleed to death, Drake was not figuring that would be the focus of his skills.

The LAAT shook, causing Drake to snap his head up. “What was that?”

Wisp shrugged. “Nothing we can't handle, Seven. But if it makes you feel better you can poke your head out and take a look.”

Drake just narrowed his gaze, deciding not to find the sarcasm funny. “Yea, thanks boss.”

He could hear some anti-aircraft fire of some sort coming from the ground. Which meant they would be breaking up a party when they dropped in. Bah, that was no problem for Ghosts, they loved getting these assignments it seemed. Not a mission goes by where there are not jumping into some kind of shit storm.

The vessel rocked again as the sullustan pilot cursed in his native tongue. A few of the troopers chuckled at that, and Drake just held on tighter. It won't be long now.

Drake looked at his modified H&K G36 blaster rifle. Of course, Drake carried other weapons, a combat knife, a few grenades, his standard complement. But the G36, that was his pride and joy. That blaster rifle went everywhere he did. Drake was not a fan of relationships, but if he could marry that rifle he would.

“Positions.”

Drake snapped his head up and immediately grabbed the cable. In a few seconds the hatch would open the light above would change from red to green, and they all would jump into god knows what. Now Drake was smiling.

He double checked his pack, making sure all the medical supplies were in order. Nobody wanted, or needed, him to get all the way to the ground and then find out he left something on the LAAT. Drake was pretty systematic, he had a method that most people found obnoxious and down right anal, but it worked for him.

It was hard to see from where he stood, what they would be up against once they exited through the hatch. Drake got the impression they would be getting shot at though. That really did not bother him, just meant he got to use his G36 all the sooner.

Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

Post Number:  320
August 19, 2009 7:51:34 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Marcus walked to the front of line and smiled as he put on his helmet. One of the three rooks glared at him and went to object but Reaper held up a finger in warning. After a moment the rook grumbled softly and locked his helmet into place.

"Until you wear the patch of a Scout, do not go before me." Cole said into the comm link.

"Besides, Marcus likes going first. He enjoys being shot at." Drake said a minute later.

Shaking his head Marcus rechecked his gear for the last time. He set his jet pack to standby and waited for the green light. After a long two minutes he glanced at the rooks and sighed.

"Listen, a HALO jump is not what they teach you in the Academy. There you get parachutes and those tend to work. Even these more advanced jet packs have issues slowing you down when you are you doing over 300 km/h. The highest terminal velocity ever recorded for a Ghost has been 346 km/h. We have a reward if you can break it, but you have to survive to receive it." Marcus said to the new recruits.

He knew this was their very first mission in a spec ops group. He doubted all three of them would survive to see home again. Even the specialized nine month training you got before you were assigned a squad never fully prepared you for what was about to happen. Any true hotshot never survived long at all, and there was usually one in every group.

"When your altitude hits 196 feet engage your pack. Wait five seconds and turn the jets to full. Do not do it before then or you will not slow down enough to survive the impact." Drake said after a minute.

Marcus looked up as the light turned green. Reaching beside him he slapped the door release and braced himself as a sudden gust of wind entered the transport. Looking at each of the squad one by one, he took a graceful step into the open air and vanished.

With his suit on he could not feel the wind rushing by him, or the cold air at nearly twenty five thousand feet up. Changing his angle slightly he got back on course. The plan was to land five kilometers away from the last known location of the Mobile Command Base, and move in from there. They hopped they would have the element of surprise for long enough to locate the missing squad.

Keying on his comm link he said "Follow my trajectory in. We only have one shot at this, and if we are spotted the game is over. If you see any enemy forces and they do not see you, do not fire. We need to remain as Ghosts for as long as possible."

"Stop giving orders, like you are in charge." Wisp said after a moment. "You might give yourself a complex."

"Hey, as Scout I am in charge right now." Marcus said. "Besides, these were your orders anyways. I was just giving them to the people who were not paying attention. Like Seven for instance."

"Stop talking and watch your altitude." Seven muttered a half minute later.

Extending his legs below him he watched his altitude and engaged the jet pack at two hundred feet. Counting to five he set it to full burn, and watched his speed decrease. Keying off his pack at the correct time, he felt his jack-boots impact the ground with a soft thud.

He allowed his knees to buckle as he went to ground and began scanning the area. Unhooking his M3 Disruptor he waited for the rest of the squad to join him as he watched for any signs he had been detected.

He began hearing distinct thuds as various members of the squad touched down. After a minute he heard his commlink activate and Seven's voice say "Heads up, we have a hot shot."

Moving without thought Marcus looked up and watched as a fast growing dot hurled down from above. He watched his range finder tick below 180 feet with no sign of the jet pack being activated. At 160 the new recruit finally managed to activate the pack but it was too late. He panicked and engaged full burn before it was time.

Marcus shook his head as he felt the impact as the Rook smashed into the ground. Seven touched down a second later and ran to check the body. Standing up after a minute he shook his head and stepped away.

"I thought you were only kidding about the odds." One of the Rooks said. Marcus looked at him and sighed, he knew one of those three would not survive the jump.

"What was his speed?" Drake said after a moment.

Tally walked up and said "335, did not even come close."

Marcus took point and began walking off, leaving the body where it had crashed to the ground.

"How can you people be so cold?" One of the Rooks nearly shouted into the comm link. "He was our friend, we can't just leave him here."

The veterans continued walking, not saying anything. After a moment both Rooks joined them, leaving behind their fallen friend. Marcus wondered, if he ever fell. Would someone be there to bring him home.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin
Raiders Squad, Wildcard Platoon
Training Instructor, Gunnery Sergeant

Havock
ComNet Cadet

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  242
August 20, 2009 8:57:22 PM    View the profile of Havock 
The forest was denser than Drake expected. Marcus was up ahead of the group enjoying his role as scout. So far the journey had been uneventful, but Drake had the feeling that would not last. Looking down at the datapad that showed the path to the mobile command base that was the RAIDERS last location. Drake grumbled under his breath, they still had about another ten minute hike.

Drake rolled his eyes as the chatter in his comm started up again from the rooks. It was a tradition in Ghost squad that you did not get your nickname, or even called by your real name, until you earned it. It took Drake a month and the best they could come up with was Seven. Of course, they were spec ops men, and they were not paid to be creative. Drake was no help anyway, its not like his behavior gave them much to work with.

“We just left them, this is crazy man, they are crazy.”

Drake skidded to a halt, causing the rooks to almost slam into him. “You two grandmothers want to keep gossiping and complaining that's fine. But just so you know the guys with guns that want to shoot you will thank you for making their jobs easier.”

With that the gunnery sergeant turned and continued walking in the forest, enjoying the silence finally. As usual, his relaxation only lasted a few minutes as Marcus' hand shot up and they all dropped to their knee with their weapons ready.

Drake watched as a patrol of what looked like field troopers made their way across the Ghosts' path. They were definitely looking for something, and had not found it yet. Luckily they had obviously not been trained in forest stealth. The sound of leaves and branches snapping gave them away for meters around.

It was a small patrol, only five troopers. Wisp inched up and tapped Marcus on the shoulder. Oh great here we go. That could only mean one thing, it was time to put away the nice, but loud, blaster rifle and get out the combat knife.

The Ghosts slowly got in position behind the patrol. The field troopers were chatting to each other on their comms, completely unaware of the spec forces squad directly behind each of them. The great thing about patrols was, they tended to patrol in a nice straight line. So if you wanted to get behind them, you typically could with little detection.

Wisp nodded and jumped up on his man, slitting his throat silently and with precision. Marcus, Drake, Snarl and Buster all got theirs as well. The five troopers dropped to the forest floor with less noise than their feet had been making not a minute before.

“Well that was just plain anti-climatic.” Wisp grumbled sarcastically.

Bertal snickered at the squad leaders comment, then they all resumed radio silence and continued to move towards the mobile command base.

Drake still had no idea what to expect. This could be a simple stealth run, or an all out fire fight all the way to wherever these bastards had decided to hold the RAIDERS. Part of Drake, almost felt bad about the whole situation. Three of his brothers joined up with Thrawn, for all he knew he had just slit one of their throats. That was the thought he just could not allow his mind to think. Dwelling on thoughts like that were going to just get him or someone else in the squad killed.

Drake could see a clearing up ahead of them, and Marcus motioned for the squad to drop to a knee again. This time he seemed to be checking the path for cover instead of evading wandering patrols. They would be at the mobile command base in another five minutes tops. Drake could not wait, it was time to play with his favorite rifle already.

Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

Post Number:  328
August 21, 2009 4:58:01 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Marcus scanned the area in front of him. There was decent cover in almost every direction, but the forest was thinning out rather quickly. Up ahead, in the distance, he could see a brighter area which indicated a clearing.

Waiting for a moment as he continued to scan he began wondering why they had not seen any more patrols. No noise could be heard that was man made. Even birds had begun to chirp softly. Holding up two fingers and moving them left to right he waited for the squad to get in a long line.

They would move forward separate from each other, with twenty yards or more between them. If one happened to spring a trap, or be shot the others could go to ground and not be seen.

The first requirement of being a Ghost was that you could work alone, without backup, or assistance. Everyone knew squad mates were close by in case of a real emergency, but they would wait till the last instant before assisting and giving away their position.

Breathing slowly Marcus stood up and began making his way forward. He kept his eyes out for any sensors, or proximity traps. They had only seen one patrol so far, the area appeared almost deserted in comparison to reports of other parts of the planet.

That something bad feeling had begun to assert itself in his mind. With no proof he suddenly knew the area up ahead would be deserted. Question was would they found the remains of the RAIDERS, or would they find they had simply been moved to another location. It was just too quiet.

Stopping after a few minutes of travel he knelt down and looked at the scene in front of him. The forest thinned completely into a rather large clearing. The remains of defensive earthworks, and barricades stood in every direction. What appeared to be a large heavily modified mobile command base sat on top of one of the earthworks.

After a moment his commlink clicked twice, signaling squad wide connection. "Anyone have any ideas of just what the frak went on here?" Doronson said softly.

"Looks like someone got angry and decided to go on a rampage." Drake mumbled half to himself. Marcus could hear low chuckling coming from a few people, he managed to hold his in but he did smile.

"Might of been one of the RAIDERS. Sure took out their defenses. Looks like they might of deserted this whole area." Marcus said as he looked up at the cockpit. The front windows were shattered, various electronic devices were blown out and sitting twenty or more feet outside the vehicle. Smoke was still climbing from the roof in brief spurts. "You see the cockpit? It looks nearly destroyed, someone got really ticked off."

"Alright, move alone. Scan the area and get inside that thing, I want detailed reports in half an hour. Do not be seen." Drake said after a minute.

Clicking off his commlink Marcus stood up and slowly made his way from cover to cover as he approached the command base. He knew other members of the squad were taking different routes. The game had truly begun now, now was the time of the unknown. When a million things could happen suddenly. Times like these he replied on instinct more then his training.

He could see crushed bodies all around the destructive path the vehicle took. The ground seemed to squish every so slightly as his jack-boots made contact with it.

Crazy Storm Troopers, and I thought we had issues. Don't they know the meaning of subtle at all? Marcus thought slowly.

Stepping over what remained of a field trooper he watched as ants and maggots had begun to collect on the body. He could see a trail of ants leading away, ever so often a few of them would be carrying pieces back to the nest.

He knew that would of probably been his fate during one of these missions. He was glad this was his last one. He was looking forward to retiring, he wondered if he would be utterly bored.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

Havock
ComNet Cadet

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  243
August 21, 2009 9:01:30 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Reaper slowly made his way up to the entry hatch of the mobile command base. The majority of the squad was making their way around the mess the RAIDERS had made in the clearing, while Drake and Wisp covered the group. Drake has already made his rounds, checking the bodies for any signs of life. He found none.

“That base is bigger than it should be.” One of the rooks had walked up next to Drake. He did not bother turning around to look up at the vehicle, to him one of these boats looked just liked the other as long as they got him where he needed to go.

Drake scanned the tree line, looking through his scope. “That's nice, Rook.”

It was the damnedest thing that they had not seen any more troopers since that ill-fated patrol. Something was just off, and based on experience Drake could only guess that it meant what they were looking for was no longer there.

A whistle came to his ears through the comm, and Drake was up immediately heading towards the entry. He had to roll his eyes and turn back to grab Bertal by the shoulder and drag him along. The lance corporal was messing with something on the ground, given the condition of the ground Drake did not even want to think about what it could be.

The base was dark. It was lit only by red emergency lights, which were flickering due to a loss of power somewhere on the vessel. The floor was difficult to see but Drake noticed he kept bumping into the bodies of fallen troopers.

“How are we supposed to know if any of these bodies belong to the RAIDERS, I can't see a damn thing in this dark.”

“Snarl, we know that they were alive. Well except the one the SL killed, can't wait to meet her, that's my kind of woman. Anyways, they should have been near the detention center in the upper rear. Let's move.” Wisp spoke and kept moving. This was a sight they all had seen all to many times, so it only seemed to phase the rook, whose breathing was so labored it could be heard over the comms.

Although the base looked abandoned, there was still that possibility that it was all part of a rouse. Nothing really surprised Drake anymore. So far so good, they reached a set of engineering ladders to use to get up to the detention center undetected.

Marcus went up the ladder first, they had learned not to argue with Reaper. It was less of a headache just to let him go first all the time. Wisp followed along with the others.

As Drake reached the top of the ladder to find another dismal scene. The lights were working in this section of the ship, which only proved to illuminate the shear number of field troopers the RAIDERS had managed to subdue.

Drake followed his protocol and checked the bodies to confirm what they all already knew. It did not take long, most of the troopers had been dead for hours. He finished up his sweep just in time for Reaper to jump out of the cell block.

“Its all clear, none of Thrawn's men but no RAIDERS either.” Marcus leaned against the wall nearest to him. “I think I know what cell they were in.”

“Let me take a look.” Drake brushed past Marcus who pointed at the second room on the right.

Drake took inventory of the very small room. Drops of blood could be seen around the perimeter, but nothing too serious. Drake took more notice to the small medal bench that laid at the end of the room. The center of which was covered in blood, someone was injured seriously.  Whoever it was, at least it was clear that they were still alive and had been moved with the rest of the squad.

Drake walked up to Wisp back in the lobby area. “They have been moved, and not long ago. I'm not sure about much, except at least one of them has lost a lot of blood.”

Wisp nodded. “Okay people, we need to find out where they took our people. Sounds to me like it can't be too far away. Lets get out of this funeral home, see if there may be any working terminals that have useful information along the way.” He nodded to Bertal. “Well what are you numb nuts looking at, move out.”

Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

Post Number:  330
August 22, 2009 1:29:21 AM    View the profile of Joamer 
"Marcus, Drake see if you can find the room they were captured in. Might give us an idea of what condition they are in." Doronson said as he lead the rest of the group away. "We'll see if there are any working terminals, maybe a log of the comm system is still retrievable."

Marcus nodded and walked off. A moment later Drake walked up next to him. "Did you know any of them?" Seven said after they had explored several rooms.

"I knew of them, a bunch of hotheads but well trained. A Gunny by the name of Joamer had recently transferred in from Wraith. He's done training runs with me and a few other guys before." Marcus said as they approached another room.

After checking to make sure the room was empty Marcus said "Joamer never qualified for spec ops, but he trained for one regardless. Wraith were basicly the STC's equivalent of a spec ops group." Reaper said as he entered the small room. He stepped aside as Drake entered the busted down door. "It was his plan to have them all take the courses we take, might keep a few more of them alive. A few people in the HC never liked his idea though, so only the ones who wanted to take it did. He wanted it to be a requirement."

Walking forward he knelt down and examined dried blood on a low table, used medical supplies were scattered around. "Looks like this was their last stand." Drake said softly, Marcus nodded after a moment.

Standing up he walked to the corner and removed a sheet covering a form. A small humanoid girl sat huddled in on herself, her throat had been slit from ear to ear. Blood spilled down her chest and pooled around her, scuff marks could be seen as she spent her last moments clawing at the floor.

"This must be who the SL killed, must of really ticked her off. Or she is just highly unstable, too bad we can't do this to our new recruits. Would save us the time of dealing with them" Drake said as he walked over. "There's nothing to see here, let's get back to the others."

Marcus stood up and walked out, Drake stepped beside him after a moment and said "Tell me what you know about this Gunnery Sergeant, he might make a good Ghost one day."

"He's cold, calculating, some say he's even emotionless. He spent 28 years frozen in carbonite before he joined the core." Marcus said as they walked down deserted corridors.

"You think he would make a good team member?" Drake asked a minute later.

Marcus sighed slowly and stepped over a body laying in the hall. The destruction the squad had caused was evident, he knew they did not go down without a fight. Even if technically they had failed their mission. "I don't know, last time I talked to him was over the commnet, he seemed attached to his new squad. He had to cancel our planned training op, because he did not want to be away from them." Marcus said softly.

"He's either bonded with them like a squad should, or he's fallen for one of them. I hear the squad is mostly female. Not sure I envy the few males that are in that group." Drake added with a half laugh. "Hope we get to meet them though, I sure would like to talk to this SL of theirs, anyone capable of slitting one of their own squad mates throats is either really good, or really screwed in the head."

Walking up to the rest of the squad Marcus nodded at Doronson. After a moment the SL turned around and said "Managed to access their last few communicaes. It turns out our friends pissed them off something fierce. They are being transported to the Nemesis from a backup command post twelve klicks north east of here. They are scheduled to leave at dawn tomorrow, which gives us a little over two hours."

The older members of the squad instantly turned and walked out the door without waiting for orders. Even if Doronson had ordered them to stay they would of gone anyway.

You simply do not leave a teammate behind. Even ones you had never met.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

Havock
ComNet Cadet

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  246
August 23, 2009 7:55:30 AM    View the profile of Havock 
Drake was starting to get accustomed to the sections of the base that were lit and the alternating sections running on backup power. Every few feet they passed a dead trooper, blown out machinery, or just a smear of blood on the wall. It was becoming clear that, these RAIDERS sure did a number on the base before they were captured.

“I'm starting to think the only way out that isn't blown to bits is the main entrance.” Danica muttered next to Drake.

Drake nodded. If anyone would be annoyed with an over or sloppy use of explosives, it would be Danica. For a combat engineer, Danica was pretty conservative. Snarl preferred to make a statement with the explosions rather than just destroy things. 

Marcus walked back towards the main group, his rifle drooped at his side. “There is nothing here, we are going to just have to back track to the main entrance. Even the exit to the roof is blown off.”

They all nodded and Wisp just shrugged, then silently turned to walk through the dark and bloody corridor towards the exit. The rook was the only one of the whole squad who even had an elevated heart rate. Wisp just looked bored by the lack of action. Drake was not bored, but he was tired of checking cold bodies, he was starting to feel more like a mortician than a medic.

The entry ramp allowed the bright light to hit Drake's eyes, it was a striking difference after being in the dank command base. Before anyone could enjoy the natural light, Marcus was talking quietly to Wisp. Doronson nodded and waved Reaper off. It was quite obvious his attention was more focused on An'Owyn who had walked up to speak to him. That girl made Drake laugh, her weapons nine out of ten times were bigger than she was.

Seven almost did not even notice that Reaper had walked up to him to probably tell him the same thing he told Wisp. “Okay, we need to head off in this direction. From what I can tell they are in a clearing less than an hours walk, as long as we move pretty quick.” Drake smirked, sounded like they were finally going to get to meet these RAIDERS. Nodding he let Marcus handle telling the others, then they quickly moved out. The hope was that they could make it to the transport without running into any more patrols.

The forest was dense, except for a trail where it was obvious the field troopers had dragged and pushed the RAIDERS towards the transport. Drake knew that at least one of the troopers was injured in a bad way, and he suspected that a few of the others were injured as well. The fact that it looked like a struggle from the smeared leaves and dirt all along the path.

Drake knelt down at a point on the trail that looked more worn than the rest of the path. He touched the dirt and his hand and found more blood. Whoever was bleeding was going to run out of blood soon at this rate.

“What is it Sev?” Bertal came up behind Drake and knelt next to him. The comm tech had been trying to overhear any chatter he could as they approached the transport. If they were lucky he would maybe get a heads up on the number of troopers or just anything.

Drake took off his helmet for a second to get a better look at the ground. “They had to lay someone down here, and they were bleeding. Less than before, but still. The part that I don't like is that mark.” Drake pointed to a sliding trail that lasted another two meters past the spot he was kneeling at.

“I don't get it.” Bert shrugged.

Drake just shook his head. Thankfully the kid was a very good comm tech. “Someone put the person down for some reason. Then someone else came along and dragged them two or three meters. These guys are not being very nice to our troopers.” Drake yanked his helmet back on and stood without another word, leaving Bertal still close to the ground letting the information sink in.

Now Drake wanted to find the RAIDERS more than ever. Then he would stabilize them, and he hoped, get to kill at least one of these bastard field troopers.

[This message has been edited by Havock (edited August 23, 2009 1:44:54 PM)]
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

Post Number:  331
August 23, 2009 4:17:01 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Marcus walked ahead of the squad, he knew they were about half a klick back from him. He stopped suddenly and took a knee. He had been following the blood trail quickly, but the tingling on the back of your neck that warns you about something bad stopped him.

Looking up slowly he saw a small movement about twenty yards up ahead, luckily whoever or whatever it was had not seen him. Moving quieter then people thought possible he quickly made his way closer to the bush. After a moment the bush rattled again, for a brief instant he saw a field trooper in camo armor watching the trail, oblivious to everything else.

Considering multiple ways of dealing with him, he just figured the fastest would be best. Moving up behind him quietly he drew his combat knife and slit the man's throat, leaning him down he waited for any sign he had been spotted.

Clicking his comm link he said "One sentry down, move fast. Once they do a radio check our cover is blown." Clicking off his comm without waiting for a reply he sheathed his knife began jogging quietly beside the trail.

After a few minute jog he came to a stop and knelt down again. He crawled forward slowly and looked over a small clearing. Up ahead of him he could see a group of field troopers surrounding six figures in varying stages of bad shape. Engaging his binoculars he began gathering more information as he waited for the squad to catch up.

None of the prisoners had armor on, they only had what ever clothes they had on underneath. Which seemed to be shorts and mostly sleeveless t-shirts.

He could see two people laying on the ground, one looked to be simply unconscious, he figured they had to stun her. He zoomed in on her hands and saw blood on them, nodding he thought this must be their SL. Looks like she went into a rage attack on someone. The other figure was in worse shape, most of her body was covered in a combination of dried and wet blood.

Two people who looked like medics were arguing with a few of field troopers, Marcus could make out some of what was said because of the shouting, it sounded like they were trying to get time to stabilize her, otherwise she would die and not be of any use to them as a prisoner.

One other was sitting on the ground, a stab wound to his leg. He looked beaten and worn out, but otherwise unharmed. The last man was sitting next to the female medic, he had a hand on his stomach and was in obvious pain. His face looked harsh and ragged, and he was sweating badly.

Marcus shook his head as he recognized Joamer, he thought for an instant Joamer saw him at the edge of the clearing as the mans gaze wandered. Either he had not seen him or he gave no sign that he did as his gaze changed locations. For that instant Marcus knew he was only half playing off his wound, his eyes held that calm dangerous look people get when they become very angry.

Marcus looked at the other male with the burn mark, he figured they would have at least those two when the time came for them to act. He knew Joamer would not last long though, maybe long enough to buy them a few seconds before he collapsed.

He did not move when he heard a soft noise behind him, he knew if this was an enemy then he deserved to make the kill. After a long moment he heard very low chuckling and looked to his left as Drake took a knee beside him.

"You are an odd one, if someone came up behind me I would try very hard not to die. You, on the other hand, welcome Death I think." Drake said softly into the comm link.

"Not welcome it, but if someone earns the kill then I will let them." Marcus correctly.

He heard his commlink click a second later and Wisp say "Got a report?"

After a moment Marcus said "The SL and ASL are down, two medics are trying to stabilize the ASL. Looks like the other one is only stunned, Joamer is injured but only half playing it off. The other one, a Bacredi I think, is beaten and tired but I think he will help."

"Guess the information HC gave us was accurate, would not want to shoot our own people." Drake mumbled softly. Marcus smiled slowly and continued to watch the scene in front of him.

He felt Drake lay down and begin looking over the area himself. He knew the squad trusted his word on what was happening, but he also knew you never did something without first looking for yourself.

Minutes passed as he watched the medics continue to argue with the troopers. Their demands were simple, just give them back their supplies. He half smiled as they seemed to win and began taking out supplies from two bags. From the looks of the bleeding female not a moment too soon.

After a short time Wisp said "Spread out all around them, we will go in hard and fast. Use your packs to get into a higher position when you attack."

He knew the squad would be moving now, it would take them some time to get into position. His commlink clicked again and he heard Wisp mumble "I think this is going to go bad, they just got reinforced from another direction."

Marcus cursed as he saw twenty more field troopers meet up with the original group. He breathed slowly as Drake made his way to another location.  He wondered just how badly this would go, he hated loosing people. Specially ones he had been sent to rescue.

OOC:
Thus ends Objective 1 of Phase III.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

Angel
ComNet Marshal

Angel

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Sith Infiltrator

Post Number:  3168
Total Posts:  3342
August 24, 2009 9:42:11 AM    View the profile of Angel 
OOC:
Ghost Squad - NPC

Phase III Objective 2: You Give Thrawn a Bad Name
Equipment:
  • Jumptrooper Armor
  • Stormtrooper II Carbines
  • DC15s Holdout Blasters
  • Misc. Array of Grenades (5 each)
  • One (1) Personal Choice Weapon
Orders: Ghost squad is ordered to make extract the RAIDERS before the shuttle departs. Once the squad is secured, they are given coordinates for emergency medivac.
Opposition:Remains from Phase II (Noghri is with RAIDERS and will be engaged.)
Add'l Equip.: 1x LAAT/i (medivac)
NPC Support: None
Max Posts: 15
Additional Information:None at this time.
Tactical Officer - Army High Council | Company Commander - Phoenix Company
TO-CC/1LT Angel/HCA-4/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/Tadath/Vast Empire
----------------------------------------
Darth Phoenix - Dark Lord of the Sith
DLoS/SI Phoenix/DC-04/Lopen/Dark Jedi Order/Vast Empire
[VP:1]

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited August 24, 2009 9:42:27 AM)]
Havock
ComNet Cadet

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  248
August 24, 2009 7:03:07 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Wisp, nodded as he spoke quietly into the comm. The rest of the squad was spread out around the transport holding the RAIDERS, they all watched as Thrawn's men got a nice reinforcement. The RAIDERS were almost forgotten as they laid against the entry ramp in various stages of infirm. Drake needed to get a closer look, but from what he could see, it was very likely they were going to need to call a medvac.

The comm cracked to life, and the voice of Doronson Talley got Drake's attention. “Orders in people. We need to extract the RAIDERS, get them secure, then we can call in an emergency medvac to get them out of here.”

“You did see the twenty or so reinforcements that just bounced out of the woods, right boss?”

Wisp sighed, Marcus seemed to love to irritate the squad leader. “Yes, Reaper, I noticed. Let's make this quick, and please don't hit any of the RAIDERS. That will result in some serious demotions and stuff. Sev, you take the Rook and get in the transport. Take a quick look over the squad and send out any in fighting condition to help.”

“Yes, sir.”

Seemed pretty straight forward. In a matter of seconds, they would take down as many of the troopers near the tree line as they could before the rest of the troopers opened fire. Then Drake and the Rook, who was already shaking like a leaf, would run through the bolts and get into the transport. Yeah, this was going to be a piece of cake, right.

All it took was a click on their comms and the squad started forward. There were at least three troopers on patrol duty that Drake was certain they could take care of. Knives were drawn by the Ghosts, as they creped towards their prey.

They had to do this together, because as soon as one field trooper fell, the rest of the squad would be alerted to the Ghosts presence. Drake moved behind his target. The man was chatting on his comm, about some pointless thing. Probably would be pissed if he knew this was the last conversation he was going to have. Drake raised the combat knife to throat level and only briefly hesitating to check the rest of the squads position, he struck.

The three field troopers fell silently, but sound did not really matter. The others in the squad noticed immediately and reacted, firing wildly into the forest. Amateurs. Drake and the others dropped to the forest floor and opened fire on the field troopers. They had the advantage, being that they could at least see their target.

Drake watched as they started to drop, inching his way over to where Rook was shooting his stormtrooper carbine almost as wildly back at the field troopers. Seeing an opening, Drake grabbed Rook by the back of his chest plate and yanked him forward. They both ran full speed through the shit storm of blaster bolts flying and ricocheting in every direction.

Drake barely looked at the RAIDERS, all he could process was that they had moved back into the transport, ether by their own intelligence or force. Seven's feet touched the bottom of the boarding ramp and he dove, head first, into the transport. Rook made a similar move, just lacking the small amount of grace Drake had.

Scrambling to his feet, Drake yanked out his DC-15 blaster's and shot two field troopers who had to drop the unconscious RAIDERS they had been dragging, and had not had time to get to their weapons. Drake reached up to take off his helmet and start examining the RAIDERS when someone yelled. Drake quickly looked around, but still was unable to see the blue blur that jumped at him, daggers drawn.

Drake was able to fall backwards, rolling head over feet, he finally came to rest half-way down the landing ramp and back in the middle of the flying bolts. Drake pulled out his modified H&K G36 blaster rifle, looking for the blur and finding nothing. Rook was in a similar position against the bulkhead. 

“Dammit.” Drake walked slowly back into the transport and covered the RAIDERS, keeping an eye out for whatever had attacked him. Satisfied whatever it was, had moved on until Seven was distracted, then it would certainly be back. Drake turned and looked over the banged up squad around him.

Their medics, Norgath and Roellum, were examining someone who must have been Katash the ASL from the looks of her. The other unconscious trooper was Caldwin, she was closer to Drake so he examined her first. She appeared to be fine, just hit with a stun bolt at close range, leaving a nasty burn on her back. None of the RAIDERS were in their armor anymore, just tanks and shorts, the field troopers must have striped them of it at some point.

Two of the troopers, Bacredi and Restlin, they had both found weapons and were with Rook at the end of the transport firing back. They both looked injured too, but at the moment they were doing more good shooting at the moment, and he would check their wounds once they were secure.

That only left the ASL. “Hey, I'm Gunny Kent, Ghost squad medic. What's her deal?”

Norgath looked tired and in pain, and also quite annoyed to Drake. “She got stabbed by one of those Noghri, the blade was poisoned. We got the bleeding stabilized at first, now its started again, and her fever is back.”

“Fine, you Roellum, you are not injured correct?” She shook her head in a negative, so Drake shoved one of his DC-15s in her hands. “Good, you go help shoot field troopers. Norgath can you stabilize her, you know your own troopers better than I do, and my priority is ending this fight so we can get you guys out of here.”

“I have got it, go ahead, shoot things.” The medic sounded more tired than he looked if that was even possible. Drake just nodded and headed towards the ramp to help the others. This fight needed to end, and soon.

Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

Post Number:  332
August 24, 2009 9:58:45 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
The second the field trooper in front of Marcus was down, he had engaged his jet pack. Setting his M-3 Disruptor to rapid fire he began unloading energy bolts at the fleeing field troopers. He knew this tactic would only last a few seconds, and he doubted it would do any good. Though, it did get them to run for cover.

Disengaging his jet pack the moment his feet touched the top of the transport he went to a knee and flipped for single fire. Popping off shot after shot, he began seeing the troopers ranks thin out slowly as they met with the full force of Ghost squad.

Hearing a noise behind him suddenly, he flipped to his back and kicked out both of his legs. A odd looking creature spun backwards and snarled at him as he missed stabbing Marcus with a wicked dual bladed sword.

Standing up Marcus smiled as he slung his rifle behind him and drew his combat knife. The creature seemed to study him for a moment before lunging forward. He was skilled with a blade, and recognized the form the creature used, swinging left he brought up his own knife in attack. The creature seemed to just flow around the attack and spin away.

Marcus nodded slowly and attacked again, he wished he had brought Arya. Then it would of been a real fight of skills. Kicking out his left leg he let the creature come in close to dodge the blow. Reaching up with his hand he grabbed the creatures head and smashed it into the upper engine mount.

Spinning away he rolled his shoulders as the creature regained his balance. Marcus waited with the knife held blade down, the creature cocked it's head and said something to him in an unknown language. Marcus nodded when the creature motioned towards the twin sword hilt sitting over his left shoulder.

He took a chance and sheathed his knife, he watched every move the creature made as he slowly drew out the twin to his dual bladed sword. Flipping the sword into the air he rushed forward just as Marcus grabbed the hilt. Spinning out of the lunge he slashed with the sword narrowly missing as the creature spun away.

Long moments passed as they circled each other. Marcus took a second to look around him, the field troopers were in retreat. The squad had begun to gather at the base of the transport, a few of them were watching the fight. The creature noticed the troopers in retreat and lowered his sword. He nodded once before jumping off the transport and vanishing into the forest in the direction the troopers had gone.

Engaging his jet pack, Marcus hit the ground and walked to the rear of the ship. Drake shook his head slowly and mumbled something about showoffs. He leaned the dual bladed sword on the side and removed his helmet. He looked up to see Joamer starring at the sword, with one hand holding his stomach. The look was of someone who wanted revenge badly.

"Don't worry, he's not dead." Marcus said as he picked up the sword and handed it to the Raider. Joamer nodded once and checked over the weapon.

"Sitrep?" Wisp said after a moment.

"Field troopers in retreat, but not for long. I figure we have maybe ten minutes before they come back, probably with whatever backup they can find." Drake said a few seconds later.

The Raiders who were able to move wasted no time, and with no orders began searching the bodies for better weapons.

"Can we move her?" Wisp said to Norgath. The Raiders medic looked up and sighed wearily. After a moment he shook his head, and bent back to trying to save the ASL.

"Ok, get defenses set up. We will have to get transport out of here. I checked the cockpit, and someone shot the controls, so we need a evac from here." Wisp said to everyone around him.

Marcus nodded and stepped outside to where Joamer was stripping a field trooper of his armor. Leaning down the Ghost watched the Raider hide the pain he was in as he began clipping the armor on.

"I take it that bugger skewered you?" Marcus said softly, Joamer nodded after a minute and picked up the sword.

"Next time, it will either be me or him. Twice I have faced him, and twice he has gotten the better of me." Joamer said with sudden strength in his voice.

Marcus mumbled something and stood up, he turned in time to see a small dark shape swing down from the top of the transport and land behind one of the Rooks. He started to shout but knew it was too late as a long curved knife was plunged in the young mans back. The dark shape vanished before anyone could get a shot off.

Marcus ran up to the rook who stood stunned for an instant before crumbling to the ground. Joamer skidded to a halt a second later, with the sword out and at the ready.

"What the fraking hell are those things?" Drake said after a moment.

"Noghri, their are two of them. The one with the dual blades is mine. The other who killed your friend there is free game though." Joamer said in response.

"Take cover!" Wisp shouted.

A second later field troopers began firing on the two squads. Marcus and Joamer dove for cover as blaster bolts sizzled over their heads.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

Havock
ComNet Cadet

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  250
August 25, 2009 4:26:54 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Drake twisted his body, taking cover in the transport. It was a real shame they could not just fire up this baby and take off, many of the RAIDERS could use more than field medicine. They had managed to piss off the field troopers, and then there were those noghri. The noghri, freaked Drake out. He had never seen those creatures, although he had heard of them. They were becoming common bodyguards and Drake could see why. The bastards moved so fast it was hard to even see them.

The transport rocked as it was hit with some kind of explosive. Danica just scoffed, probably thinking about the misuse of whatever the explosive was. That girl really loved her job.

The field troopers now took advantage of the forest, ducking behind trees and using the brush for cover. The battle could not go on much longer, without them finding even more reinforcements to outnumber the Ghosts and RAIDERS with.

“Spread out!” Wisp had to yell to be heard over the comm with a all of the blaster fire. At least they were outside, the amount of smoke already being generated would have made the visibility null inside.

The squad split off in twos. Drake stayed close to the transport to help the remains of the RAIDERS squad. He watched as Wisp and Buster, then Bertal and Danica, followed by Reaper and Rook – the one who was still alive - separated on the battle field. They made their way to the tree line for more hand to hand combat.

It was not a bad plan, they were wasting ammo shooting at the trees and the only ones who really were not fit to be stealthy were the battered RAIDERS.

Bertal used his equipment to send out some very short range feed back into the field troopers comms. The two nearest to him, immediately dropped what they were doing to nearly fall to the ground grabbing at their ears through the helmet. At that moment both Bertal and Danica stabbed their closest respective trooper through the neck, and watched them fall before moving on to the next target.

Wisp and Buster, when they were not making eyes at each other took a slightly different approach. Even though Wisp was more of a traditional special ops man, and would have preferred to go the stealth route. He told Drake that he just loved the look she got on her face when she used her gun to blow a hole into something. Drake would never understand the need to date someone you were in the military with, it just did not seem right. But Wisp was far from the first of his comrades to do that.

Wisp ran full speed at the field troopers, shoving them as hard as he could then dropping to the ground. Little did they know that he was pushing them right into the barrel of a V-Web Portable Blaster Artillery Piece rifle, which An'Owyn fired with a huge smile on her face no doubt. It was overkill but she loved it.

Then there was Reaper and the last of the Rook's that had been sent on this mission. Drake had to shake his head as he glanced at Reaper. Marcus was moving almost as fast as the noghri that they had been encountering off and on. The rook, attempted to keep up, but seemed lost as he stumbled after Marcus.

Drake just watched the scene as field trooper after field trooper fell. They did manage to get a few good shots in but he doubted they were expected anything like what the ghost's were giving them.

Drake watched as a couple field troopers dove through the fray towards Reaper. They dropped something then scurried off. Bacredi was able to catch one of them in back as they retreated to the tree line. Drake tried to see what they had risked their lives to place on the ground. Danica would have known right away, but that was really all Drake needed to know.

Frantically he started to yell into the comm. Marcus skidded to a halt, but Rook just kept moving as he clutched his blaster rifle firing at anything that moved. Drake had to look away at the last second as Rook's foot stepped down on the explosive sending what was left of him after the initial blast into the air and rocking the ground around them. Bacredi fell to the floor, as did Norgath, the others managed somehow to keep their balance and their lunch. What goes up must come down. Drake quietly stepped back, knowing what was about to happen. He heard the sounds before he allowed his brain to register what was making them. Pieces of armor and body came squishing to the ground. A second of silence passed before the blasters started up again.

The field troopers started to take cover deeper in the forest, then with a thud, Drake knew something had just landed on the roof of the transport. The blaster fire died down again as the noghri dropped to the ground and Joamer slowly walked towards it. The girl next to Drake started to yell and ran towards the RAIDER. Marcus stopped her, grabbing her by the waist to keep her from running into the battlefield. Joamer turned and nodded to him before bringing his attention back to the noghri who was waiting patiently for him in the center of the bloody battlefield. In front of Joamer, the creature had drawn a line in the dirt with a sword, the twin to the one Joamer was holding in his hand.

[This message has been edited by Havock (edited August 25, 2009 4:51:56 PM)]
Joamer
ComNet Member

Joamer

Post Number:  333
August 25, 2009 5:39:10 PM    View the profile of Joamer 
Marcus kept his hands around the girls waist as she struggled to run after Joamer. He watched as the wounded man stepped into large box that had formed. Both groups of combatants had stopped fighting and gathered around to watch the spectacle. They still kept their distance though, but the weapons were lowered for the moment.

He knew the brief peace would only last an instant after the dual ended, he wondered who would come out after it was done. Things like this were not uncommon in long campaigns, you find someone who annoys you, or you find someone who deserves this type of fight. Though, in Joamer's case it was simply revenge for being beat up twice.

Marcus felt the girl go limp and slide to the floor as the two fighters attacked. She was sobbing softly and mumbling to herself.

"He is doing what he thinks he must to regain his honor." Marcus said softly. The young girl shook her head and glared at him and Joamer in turn.

"He is a headstrong, stubborn, older brother. Is what he is!" She shouted in Joamer's general direction. Marcus watched as he spun away from the Noghri and flashed her a smile from across the field. Even over the noise of the fighting he could hear her.

"How did he lose twice to that thing? He looks like he is playing with it." Marcus mused half to himself.

"First time he had only his hands." Norgath said as he half watched the battle unfold. His main attention was still on the ASL on the floor. After a moment he stepped closer to Marcus and knelt down. "The second time he had a pipe to fight with. That's when he got skewered, his strength is dropping fast though. Even with a sword he is less then an equal match for that thing."

"I wouldn't be so sure." The girl mumbled. "I've seen him training night and day. Though he is wounded, and whatever poison is in his system has spread a lot by now."

"What, wait?" Marcus said in disbelief.

He watched as both the Noghri and Joamer clashed swords again, they seemed to be dancing as they moved back and forth. First one attacking then the other, he could see Joamer start to weaken, his defenses began to come a half second too late. His attacks growing less and less.

"The Noghri dagger he was stabbed with is poisoned. Havock and he both have it in them, problem is I don't have the tools here to remove it." Norgath said. "We need to get them out of here and into sickbay now. Without medical attention I don't think either of them will survive another hour."

Marcus looked up to see Drake starring at him, they both gave a subtle signal that was spread to the rest of the squad when they noticed how the fight was going. The male and the girl both stood up and slowly got weapons. Marcus noticed this but did not comment, obviously this squad was well trained.

He watched as Joamer spun away suddenly, his sword almost dropping to the ground. The Noghri rushed forward an instant later, his sword held high for the killing stroke. With more strength then Marcus thought Joamer had left he spun left and slid the sword from the creatures lower back to his neck along the backbone.

Shouting suddenly he spun the sword around and cut clean through the Noghri's neck. It took it a long second before it tumbled to the ground, it's head rolling several feet away. Joamer dropped the sword to the ground, and a second later he collapsed.

Bringing their weapons up instantly the Ghosts, and two of the Raiders waited a moment for the field troopers to realize what had happened. After a moment the leader signaled and they fell back, all three medics rushed to Joamer, a second later the other members of Ghost converged near him.

"Is he alright?" Doronson said after a moment. Drake looked up and sighed slowly. He wiped his forehead and bent back to checking the man.

"If we don't get out of here he won't be. He's reached the cusp of death, the poison is spread out in his system. Whatever strength he had left is gone." Drake said a few seconds later.

"Norgoth, can we move her yet?" Doronson said after a few seconds.

"I've stabilized her as best I can, we need to get on the move. This is going to be a really bad place to be in the next few minutes." The RAIDERS medic said.

Nodding Marcus walked to the transport with a few others to prepare a stretcher. They had a few minutes, and everyone intended to be far away from here when the other Noghri showed up.
Joamer Tremaine Reistlin

Havock
ComNet Cadet

Havock

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  251
August 25, 2009 8:43:48 PM    View the profile of Havock 
Drake moved quickly, grabbing struts off the transport and a weather blanket from the storage closet. He got to work wrapping the blanket on the struts and fashioning a stretcher. He had to work quickly, the field troopers would be back soon.

Joamer had only passed out, he was around again, but Roellum the other medic who was apparently also his sister was not letting him get up. He must have loved that.

Drake got the stretcher finished and dragged it over next to the unconscious and sweating ASL. “That fever hasn't broken yet?”

Norgath, looked up with a tired expression and shook his head negatively.

“Okay then we need to get her moved on here and we can check on Caldwin.” As the words left Drake's mouth a groan behind him made him raise an eyebrow.

Drake turned around to find the previously sleeping sergeant not quite awake but conscious and rubbing her face. Seven put a hand on her shoulder, which was immediately she grabbed and went to throw him.

“Whoa there Sergeant. I'm on your side.” The squad leader moved her other hand and looked at Seven skeptically. “Gunnery Sergeant Kent, Ghost squad. We are ordered to extract your squad, our comm tech is on the job right now ordering a medvac.”

She seemed to accept that then frantically tried to get up and make her way over to her injured ASL. Her eyes looked over the girl and Caldwin touched her head, only to quickly recoil at the heat. “Karash?”

“We have to get her out of here. Joamer's not much better. The poison is spreading, I think thats what's causing the fever and why we can't get rid of it. But Joamer has more poison in him.”

Drake glanced curiously at the trio. The SL seemed almost too worried about Katash, it was odd. The whole squad seemed too attached to each other from what Drake had seen. But regardless it was time to move, and the good news was they had one less person to carry.

“We need to get her on the stretcher, Joamer can walk with help.” They nodded and got into position placing Katash on the stretcher with one final check of everyone's position they moved out. Seven and Caldwin carried the injured ASL, while Roellum draped Joamer's arm over her shoulders.

Drake had to snicker as he walked down the ramp. Joamer was complaining about being assisted, he only paused to glance up at Katash being carried on the stretcher. He could swear the nearly dead trooper wanted to be one of the ones carrying the girl. What was with this squad?

Bertal jogged up to Wisp and Drake was close enough to hear the conversation. “Got through. Medvac is on the way, but we are going to have to go about 2 klicks, once we arrive I'll buzz them that its clear for them to land.”

“You heard em' guys. Lets get that area clear for that medvac.”

The group moved slowly but steadily through the forest towards the clearing.

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > ESC Storyline - RAIDERS  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:12:25 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 320  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >