Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > 'X' marks the spot (Blackjack)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  'X' marks the spot (Blackjack)
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  507
Total Posts:  2159
  RE: 'X' marks the spot (Blackjack)
February 12, 2009 3:45:30 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates fired off another RPG, but the rocket grenade bounced off the front armor of his target. It still exploded a second later, showering the approaching foot pirates with shrapnel and threw them back onto their rears. The tank he'd fired at rumbled, turned its turret and fired. The large laser that servered as the main cannon roared, spitting out a bright bar of coherent light.

Garryll scrambled out of his foxhole, dashing into the main trench and dove in. Alh and Orobos were firing at the pirates on foot, taking out a few with the Stouker. However, even the heavy weapon wasn't enough to down the tank, and its heavy concussion rounds just kept bouncing off, doing no damage.

He tapped his taller friend on the shoulder. "Try this," he said, tossing him a half-dozen rockets and an RPG. He set the rest of the antitank weapons down on the floor of the hastily-dug trench, and set up his Tyrant.

Orobos' first rocket hit a tank in the treads, crippling it. Gates fed ammo into his LMG, and the guns started chattering like a squirrel with ADD. The death it spit, however, was much more dangerous than a rodent.

Explosions and lasers yelled and screamed, and the tanks' engines rumbled relentlessly. Gates shoulder was numb from the sheer amount of times the LMG had bashed into it, and his eyes were sore from the harsh lights of lasers. He blinked hard, and then dropped behind the trench wall, feeding another barrel of ammo into the feed.

He popped back up, but there were no pirates left. The burning carcasses of four of the tanks were sitting, a bright and ugly view of finished war; pirates' corpses were arrayed in the grotesque positions of death, some so bullet-ridled they could not be called bodies, simply piles of flesh.

Then the screams started rising; marines with horrific injuries, pirates not yet dead, only injured. A handful of marines fired sidearms into moaning pirates, ending their lives mercilessly.

Wounded were quickly carted out of the trenches, and moer men were coming, rubbing sleep out of their eyes and peering everywhere.

Gates tapped his comm. "Tanus, we've neutrialized the enemy to the South."

"Same here Garryll. They seem to have retreated."

"Good thing. We're out of antitank rockets, and low on ammo."

"Well, the marines'll take it from there. Meet me back at the north trenches."

"Aye sir."
BlackJack Squad-Gunnery Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
ASL/GSGTGarryll Gates/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE/EW1 [IH][CCA][BC]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto
Do you want to live forever?!
I got soul but I'm not a soldier
[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited February 12, 2009 3:59:45 PM)]
TX-47
ComNet Member

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  350
Total Posts:  621
February 13, 2009 6:36:46 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
Tank, relative sane for the moment,  ran to catch up with Garryll and Orobos.  The squad had gotten seperated on the way back to the north trenches, thanks to pirate suprises in the form of pit traps and automated blaster turrets.  Now the ASL and Oro were pinned down.

Luckily Tanus and Jelly had the rookies with them.  Tank hadn't gotten a chance to know Rixit or Slag and hoped they would both live long enough he'd have the chance.  Alhzen was with them too, so he felt safe that they were in good hands.

Marching on he sammed a fresh power cell into the blood-spattered Stouker.  As he spotted a pair of turrets on the hill ahead he popped a shot at each, instantly blasting them to bits.  Confidently advancing he stepped on a mine.

Shaking his head to clear the light and noise he realized he was airborne and overshooting Garryll's position.  Seeing a mob of pirates closing on his ASL and friend, he fired a shot with the Stouker. 

Tank couldn't see the blast hit and slaughter the pirates, as the kickback from the Stouker sent him spinning dizzyingly fast as he fell through the air.  Tank struggled to remain conscious...
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
BlackJack Squad
Lance Corporal Baraka "Tank" Kodex
TRP/LCP TX-47/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [EW2][LoS][ES2][SRP][SCA]

Vehicle Crewman
Storm Commando http://www.playlist.com/user/5975941/
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
Exalted in the Dark Side
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  516
February 19, 2009 3:56:58 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates and his two troopers marched tiredly back to the North Trenches. Just out of the defensive fortifications they found a sitting Tank.

"Man, what the..." Gates muttered. "Orobos, help Tank to his feet and get him back to the infirmary."

"Yes sir," the taller trooper mumbled, helping his dazed comrade to his feet as they headed off towards the medic's tent. Gates and the medic continued, marching until they met up with the rest of the squad.

Several of the younger soldiers blinked blearily, then turned and walked to the barracks. Alhzen followed suit. Gates crouched down, balancing on the balls of his feet.

"Tanus, man," Gates sighed. "I am wasted."

The SL grimaced. "I know what you mean."

Gates gave up with the standing. He flopped onto his back, a cool wind chilling the sweat still on his face. "Smoke?" he asked, lighting up one.

The other Blackjack officer shook his head. "I can't believe Pirates are this tenacious."

He looked like he was going to say something further, but then the comlink buzzed. "Go ahead, Ipiad."

"Solvona, Gates, I have good news: air support will be availible tomorrow."

"That's great news. They can find the pirates, the Seraph, and the cargo, and we can secure them and be on our way," Gates said, puffing smoke out of his mouth. "Lovely."

The SL nodded slowly. Gates struggled to his feet, using his M-82G as a crutch. "And then we can end this little charade."

"Yeah. That'll be good. And the last time I do traffic interdiction," grumbled Gates, turning to go back to the barracks. "I hate pirates."
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  453
Total Posts:  535
February 22, 2009 3:36:54 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos rolled over and groaned his flimsy wooden bunk creaking heavily from the movement. The first thing he noticed was the voice of a radio-man, these were easy to recognise as all of them seemed to be trained to speak the exact same way while talking on the radio.

"Affirmative, grid 40, 50," as Orobos watched the man turned to his sergeant who muttered something. The soldier with the radio turned back to the mouthpiece,"Straight down the canyon, fire concentration Charlie, fire for effect."

Orobos stood up and wandered over to where some of Blackjack squad seemed to be crouched around a small fire, it crackled in the early morning light. Above the flames on a makeshift spit was some kind of hairy lizard.

"What's that?" he asked dropping down the the chalky red earth beside the rest of the squad.

"A Lizard," Tank replied, who was out of the infirmary but still looked a little on edge.

"Remember Alater? He was a lizard too. I mean do you know anything about it or this planet for that matter?" Orobos said still staring at the rotating creature.

"Nope"

"Well that's good enough for me, I never pass up a good meal,"

"Hey we caught this ourselves you know," Garryll said mock pride lavished over every word.

"You found it dead on a rock didn't you?"

"Well... it wasn't completely dead, it was... well It's still good enough to eat," Once he was finished his sentence the fire was snuffed out by a large gust of wind.

"What gives?"

Several ships flew over the camp and up towards the canyon. As they watched several blue balls of light started falling from the ships and into the canyon the fire erupting from each one marking there trail as they flew down the length of the gorge.

"See that lads?" Tanus said coming up, "A fine display of firepower."

"Smug bas-" Garryll was cut off,

"Be ready to move out in ten minutes, we need to comb the canyon see if any pirates survived and if they didn't we need to confirm their deaths."

"No breakfast?" Tanus didn't reply to this but walked away over to where the man with the radio was still standing. The fire was hastily re-light and small chunks of medium rare lizard were handed out. Alzhen walked over and sat down beside them.

"Al, your a medic, is this safe to eat?"

"I'm a medic not a doctor,"

Orobos shrugged and started eating.

^CombatEngineer^
TRP/GSGT Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[CoR][EW1][BoH][LoS][SRP][IH][AS-1][CCA][BC]

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Small but Fierce
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

Post Number:  518
February 24, 2009 3:18:55 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Blackjack squad assembled quickly, getting ready to do their rather grisly duty of the killing of pirates who couldn't even fight back, injured or dead as they were. The TIE's screaming engines made small pebbles vibrate on the ground.

Gates slipped his helmet - or bucket, as it was called in some armies - on, and attached it to his armor via the toughened fiber-bodysuit. His comm started up. With a quick blink at the glowing symbol, the comm channel opened. Ipiad was on the line, an unshaven image of his upper torso. His eyes were bloodshot but he looked content.

"Rough night, Commander?" quipped Gates, checking the 'Tyrant' as he stretched his legs. In the corner of his eye, he saw Orobos chomping down on his part of the lizard.

"Yes, but it just got better this morning. Belay checking the valley for survivors from this morning's raid. On their way out, the TIE Leader got a sensor reading on two heavy concentrations of metal, and our long-range comms, just fixed a few hours ago, also picked up a distress signal from the Seraph. We want you to go check it out."

"Copy that, Commander," Tanus said, closing his link. He waved the squad together and explained the new orders. "The Marines can clean up the Navy's mess."

Senior Sergeant Cant ran up, holding a comlink in one hand and his rifle in the other. "I just got the new orders-"

Gates cut him off. "Frankly, Cant, we can't afford any of your marines screwing this up. You guys just aren't trained for infiltration and recon. You're not even trained for ground ops, even!"

Cant sighed, but nodded. "You're right, and I've got a bunch of new boys that I want to see alive through this."

The Stormtroopers finished armoring up and double-timed it towards the co-ordinates that had stated where the pirates and the transport were. After a half-hour or so of crisp marching, the squad stopped. Gates' comm started crackling, and he flinched in surprise. Amongst heavy static, he could hear a faint voice- "This is Sergeant Phalanx! The Seraph is under attack from the pirates again, we can't hold 'em! Fall back into the transport, we can hold them off from inside!" Heavy blaster fire and screams came across the link, tinny and artificial.

Blackjack jumped up, and started running. "We're only a few hundred meters away, we can get there in a minute or two!" Gates yelled, exhaling a quick breath.

A minute of running later they were all dripping in sweat. They dove into the dirt behind a lip of rock one after another, sending up small clouds of dust. In the valley below, there were two ships; one was the Interceptor-IV and the other was the Seraph. Pirates on foot or in light speeders were pouring laser fire at the transport, denting already half-melted armor. Sporadic fire came from the marines dug in inside the transport.

"Dammit, get ready to move, Blackjack!" Tanus ordered crisply. "We need to get down there and help them out."

"Why sir? We have no chance!" asked Rixit, "We're outnumbered, out gunned, and only have the element of surprise!"

"We fail out mission if the pirates capture the transport. We're going down," Tanus said again, then stood up and started quickly down into the valley, readying his rifle. Rixit looked at Gates questioningly.

"I follow the Chief, we're going down," Gates said, following the SL into the valley. Orobos and Tank, lugging their Conc. Rifles, came after, and then Jelly with the Hadra and finally Slag and Alh and Rixit, not wanting to be left. They hit the dirt of the valley floor without getting shot at, and readied their weapons.

"Here's the plan. Heavy weapons will cover riflemen. Riflemen, run like hell into the ship. Once we get that done, the heavies will move up, with the rifles covering them. Got it?"

Blackjack nodded, one man.
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Member

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ICS] Company Agent

Post Number:  414
Total Posts:  744
February 26, 2009 3:42:43 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus crouched down behind a rock wall as a group of pirates went by overhead; this was going to be one hell of a fight. He slammed a fresh clip into his rifle and readied a grenade as he turned to the rest of his squad. Garryll was with Orobos, Tank, and Jelly, as they were the ones with the heavy weapons. Tanus nodded towards them as he looked to Rixit, Slag and Alh, who were shaking; Tanus couldn’t tell if it was nervousness or anticipation. He hoped that it was the latter, because he couldn’t afford any screw ups right now. He opened the comm. up to the four heavy weapons users.

“Okay, here’s the plan. Garryll, spray and pray – lay down a lot of fire to get them to hide; we can spare the ammo. Orobos and Tank, lay fire into the rock walls the pirates are using as cover so they have fewer places to duck. Jelly, your job is to take down the speeders going around and any other armor the pirates may have; given that they already brought in a tank, I am taking no chances here. When we get to the entrance, the three of us and whatever marines I can grab will provide covering fire.”

A bolt of blaster fire struck the rock he was using as cover; apparently the Katarn armor did stick out like a sore thumb. AT this point, none of that mattered. Tanus snuck a glance at what pirates had: he saw five speeders, three of them relatively older models that appeared to be Nubian in design; the other two were Arrow-23s – something the Blackjacks could handle, but could prove to be an immense annoyance. Beyond that, the remainder of the pirate force seemed to be here, and if it wasn’t, Tanus supposed it was back at the pirates’ ship. Tanus looked back to his man; Garryll was almost ready to jump up and take them all on himself. Tanus continued on with his orders.

“As I was saying before I was shot at, when we get over to the Seraph, we’ll provide covering fire and you can come over. Garryll, I want you over first seeing as you have the anti-infantry weapon and can help us out when you come over. Next, depending on how many speeders are left, I want Jelly over with the Hydra. Lastly, Orobos and Tank can come over as a pair. We’ll make our stand in the ship. We’ll make murder holes and gun slits if there aren’t already. After we establish a base of fire, I’ll call in the air support and it should all be smooth sailing from there on out.”

Tanus turned and made his way slowly to the edge and held up his hand as a sign to wait. He had to wait for the right moment to move, or else Blackjack would be down an SL and two rookies. As the Flash Speeders circled made their way up a hill, Tanus saw the pirates drop behind a wall to change ammo; it was now or never. Tanus dropped his hand and waved them forward, Tanus surging out first followed by Rixit, Slag and Alh. Tanus heard Garryll yell in the background, then all he heard was the thundering of the Tyrant’s barrel shooting hot lead at the exposed pirates. Despite all the screaming, Tanus never turned his head once. The distance to the shuttle couldn’t have been more than 150 meters, but to Tanus it felt like a lifetime. Blaster and laser bolts were flying all around him; some hit his armor, but the shields took most of the punishment; once Slag fell down, and Tanusr ripped him off the ground and threw him into a run, pulling out his DT-57 and firing three quick shots; he didn’t see if they connected.

Behind him, Tanus heard the sound of a rocket being fired and out of the corner of his eye was an Arrow go up in a massive fireball. Strike one for the pirates, Tanus thought. With one speeder gone, the pirates would be scrambling for something to fill in the gap, and Tanus severely doubted they had the capability. As Tanus snuck a quick glance up at the rock wall, he spied some rather large holes, and pirates trying their damndest to not get hit by the marines in the ship. Tanus was now able to see a little more clearly into the ship: They had established a few murder holes and gun slits already, and for their part, the marines were doing a fair job of keeping the pirates at bay for what they had.

They reached the ship just as one of the Flash Speeders went up, raining down metal and limbs on the ship’s hull. He grabbed Sergeant Cant, who was issuing orders in a voice he had never heard before: the sergeant sounded confident. When he caught sight of the heavily armored soldier, Cant ran over to Tanus and saluted; Tanus returned it with earnest.

“Sergeant Solvona, I’m happy you made it back. We have some cover here, but I’m sure how much longer we can hold out. We’re running low on ammo and don’t have much anti-armor to speaking of, save a mounted proton cannon that we’re having trouble getting out because of the snipers on the ridges.”

Tanus nodded; it was time to turn up the heat on the pirates and send them all straight to hell.

“Don’t worry, sergeant, my boys can give you cover while you roll out the proton cannon, just get the ordnance ready and give me three soldiers. You’ll thank me later.”

Cant nodded and ran off to grab three troopers, who came up to him battle scarred and weary. The each carried a standard E-11, but for the purposes of which they were to be used, the weapons would serve their purpose. He looked at each of them in turn then gave them orders:

“Establish covering fire on my mark. When the first of my men come over, fall back to that murder hole and lay out whoever you can,” then Tanus turned to Alh. “Alh, attend to the wounded and shoot only when you need to. I’ll call you back if anything gets hectic here.”

Alh nodded and jogged off, slinging his rifle over his shoulder and attending to a trooper with a blaster wound to the arm. Tanus turned back and back up against the wall, Slag and Rixit against the opposite wall. The other three troopers were checking weapons and probably offering up prayers in the time before the attack; Tanus might have done that too if her were a religious man. He looked at the five troopers with him and issued his orders.

“On my signal, covering fire. Fire three round bursts from your rifles at anything not hidden. Rixit and Slag, you fire your grenades to send them up and out; I’ll be doing the same.”

Tanus put his hand up, three fingers ready for the countdown. Boys, I hope you prayed enough. Three… two… one. Tanus spun out with Rixit and Slag at his back; Tanus got to a crouch and pulled the trigger, letting loose the grenade into a trench, while Rixit’s and Slag’s grenades sound some trenches and exposed pirates as well.

“Covering fire!” Tanus shouted.

The other three Stormies spun out, doing just as Tanus said, sending out three round bursts at anything that moved. Pirates dropped, screamed or ran. Some tried to make it up the hill back to the ridge, but were cut down by either Garryll or the marines. Tanus opened up the comm to Blackjack.

“Okay boys, you know the order. Its showtime.”

Garryll collapsed the bipod to the Tyrant and bolted across the open space, diving to the entrance of the ship just as a sniper round hit the ground where his leg had been. Tanus looked to the three marines and nodded; they ran off to a murder hole and began to fire on the pirates once more. Garryll moved over to an empty section of wall and set up the Tyrant; he opened up the comm to Tanus.

“So, did I miss anything exciting? Or was it what I expected?”

“That all depends on what you were expecting.”

“Touché.”

Tanus looked over at Jelly, who had just fired another missile, but hit slightly to the left of his target, the other Arrow. Tanus waved him over as he pumped off another grenade. Jelly ran over as fast as the Hydra would allow him and loaded missiles into the tubes from and ordnance crate behind him. Tanus looked over to see Orobos and Tank firing off concussion bolts, hitting the ridge walls and sending rock into the air. Orobos looked over and nodded at Tanus; seconds later, they were safely in the confines of the ship’s hull.

Tanus opened up the comm to the squad and sat back against the wall as he loaded another clip into his rifle.

“Okay, the marines have a proton grenade cannon that they want to roll out and use on the remaining vehicles so they have a little more elbow room. Of course, the snipers are giving them trouble, so we’re gonna help them out. Garryll, you stay where you are and take care of the ground troops. Everyone else, aim for the ridge wall and any hiding spots you think snipers may be. Heavy ordnance only, with priority given to the concs and the Hydra. Use grenades on hidey holes and exposed troops on the high ground. Go.”

As they fell into their positions, Tanus opened up his comm to Ipiad, who was shouting orders at some gunnery officer.

“Sorry for the swearing, Sergeant. What do you need?”

“We’ve made it to the ship and holding them off for now. The ship’s men have some ordnance to help us out, but the pirates seem to keep coming. The fighters aren’t enough; we’re going to need something with more punch than anything we have.”

Tanus heard a chuckle on the other line; Tanus knew why.

“Well sergeant, I know what you’re thinking. Just need the command.”

Tanus smiled as the words left his lips: “Commander, bring the rain.”

Tanus looked up as the TIEs sped off into the atmosphere, giving the Savior a clear shot. From where they were to the pirates’ base of operations, it was about five clicks, which meant that Tanus would probably be shaking a little bit soon. And then Tanus got the confirmation.

“Order confirmed, sergeant. You may want to hold on to something.”

Tanus looked back to everyone near him and yelled:

Everyone get down and cover your heads. It’s about to get bumpy!”

Within seconds of that, turbolaser fire rocked the surface of the planet. Tanus shook in his armor as death rained down from above. Several pirates fell as they the shockwaves shook them from the ridge. Tanus looked over at Cant, who was waiting near the proton cannon. He nodded. Cant didn’t need to reply. A door dropped and the cannon’s muzzle exited the door and fired, sending out a proton grenade and lighting up anything it could; the Arrow and the remaining Flash speeders didn’t stand a chance; one of them was left for dead and the pilots were quickly picked off. When it was done, fire was rising towards the sky as pirates were scrambling back for safety; for now it was done. And Tanus did not want to relive any of it. He opened up the comm to Ipiad once more.

“Commander, your use of turbolaser was inspired. But now, if the show is done, my men and I would like off this rock and back to our cozy barracks.”

“Gladly sergeant. Your shuttle will be down in thirty minutes, along with one for the Seraph. Mission well done, I must say.”

The comm closed out and Tanus sat back; Garryll was still on the Tyrant, waiting for anyone stupid enough to come back over the ridge. Tanus told the others that the shuttle was on its way, and several sighed or swore in relief. As it landed, Tanus went up to Cant and saluted him, saying he did well; Cant thanked him for his life and the lives of his men. As they lifted back off, Tanus sat down and opened up the comm one last time to Ipiad.

“Commander, thank you so much, without you, we’d all be dead men.”

“No need to thank me, sergeant. I was doing my duty, the same as you.”

Tanus sat back and sighed and smile came across his face. “That’s right. Same as me.”

The comm closed and Tanus removed his helmet, watching as the others took their seats and sat down around the shuttle; he knew the marines would be okay. The pirates were broken and the mission a success. The only part that remained now was an easy trip home.

OOC:
Story end.

SL/GSGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC][CoR][LoS][SRP][CDS][SCA]

CA/GSGT Tanus Solvona/ICS/VE

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

BlackJackSquad

Winter is coming. - Eddard Stark, A Song of Ice and Fire

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken." - House Martell words, A Song of Ice and Fire
[This message has been edited by Tanus Solvona (edited February 26, 2009 3:44:46 PM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > 'X' marks the spot (Blackjack)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:08:02 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 86  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >