Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Out of the Smoke and Into the Fire (Paladin)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Out of the Smoke and Into the Fire (Paladin)
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Platoon Sergeant

Post Number:  952
Total Posts:  1795
  RE: Out of the Smoke and Into the Fire (Paladin)
October 21, 2008 12:47:53 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
A tall tower overlooked the battle ensuing on the ground.  The Commander watched as the Paladin squad took care of the soldiers and then shut down the turret.  They are resourceful pondered the Commander.  He had read through the personnel records of everyone within the squad and knew it was a worthy squad for his attention.  He also knew that they were ultimately no match for him.  The doors to his room slid open and in walked one of the thugs.

“Is it ready?” asked the Commander.

“Yes” replied the thug.

“Good, unleash hell then” replied the Commander “and ready my ship, I am going to head back to the base”.

“You’re not staying around to see their demise?” asked the thug.

The Commander did not reply but simply left the room.  He knew that the squad was resourceful but he was sure that they weren’t resourceful enough to tackle his surprise.  If they were lucky enough to overcome it then he didn’t want to be caught here, instead he would be prepared for them should they ever make it to the base.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Alan was happy when the turret had been taken care of.  He did not like being a target for anyone.  Although he was an excellent sharpshooter, even he couldn’t get an exact bearing on the operator of the turret.

The squad had advanced down the hallway only to be met with several guards.  They were soon taken care of either by expert shots or by hand to hand combat.  Alan had never witnessed anyone use a sword before in battle but he was very impressed with how well Drakar yielded it.

The ground started to shake under their feet as a low rumbling noise emanated around them and along the hallway.

“What the hell is that?” queried Zeshaun.

Whatever it is cannot be good thought Alan as whirled around, blaster in hand, searching for the source of the noise.

“Paladin’s, covering position” ordered Lucky.

Immediately the squad formed a circle so that every possible angle was covered and they should be hit unexpectedly.

“There” shouted Nick as he pointed.

The squad whirled round and Alan looked on, his face fell slightly as he thought to himself you have got to be kidding me.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Hellgate Drill Instructor
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
DI/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited October 21, 2008 12:53:45 AM)]
Zeshaun
ComNet Novice

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  88
Total Posts:  896
October 21, 2008 7:01:15 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 

Zeshaun didn't like the idea of having to fight off another vehicle or a larger turret.

Immediately the squad formed a circle so that every possible angle was covered and they should be hit unexpectedly.

Zeshaun looked on and almost fell over in fear. In front of them was a large vehicle. With what Zeshaun could see it was equipped with a turret of some sort on top, a turboblaster up front and blasters in both the front and back. worse of all it had a DF.9 anti-infantry turret on the side.

Zeshaun thougth hard back to the lessons of his vehicle crewman class. The two turrets and lack of an entrance way, identified it as a XR-85 tank droid.

sithspit "Lucky that's a tank droid, it's going to take pure luck for us to be able to take this big thing out." Zeshaun said.

"Thanks Zeshaun." Lucky said.

Lucky relayed the message to the rest of the squad. A chorus of whistles and curses filled the comm.

"Calm down people, it's only a droid, if we think we can out maneuver this thing." Lucky said.

"Right, Lucky what's the plan." Alan said.

"I was kind of hoping  you would give me some suggestions." Lucky said.

Zeshaun braced himself for what would be the hardest battle he would ever be in.

OOC:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/XR-85_tank_droid

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/LCPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES]
I brought you into this world, and I can take you out!
    Embrace the Darkness, to Bring about the Light
[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited October 21, 2008 7:01:57 PM)]
Drakar
ComNet Novice

Drakar

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  58
Total Posts:  82
October 21, 2008 8:52:36 PM    View the profile of Drakar 

It’s the one of the biggest hunks of metal I’ve ever seen, that’s what it is.

Drakar thought for a moment quickly scanning the approaching death machine.  Trying to be resourceful, he chimed saying “what if take out the tread?  Maybe that will give us more time to think about a way of destroying the rest of it.”

Alan thought for a moment before saying, “That’s a good idea, then at least that is one less aspect of it we have to worry or deal with.  Now how do we go about doing that?”

The squad stood in silence for a moment before Lucky took command directing each of them in something they needed to accomplish.

“Drakar, you and Zeshaun think you can figure out a way of stopping it in its tracks?” pointed Lucky.

“Yesam”, chimed Drakar.

As Drakar and Zeshaun got together they each began to spit out their own ideas of how they should go about accomplishing their task.

“Do you think that will work?”, asked Zeshaun.

“If not, we will sure find out and have to try and figure out another way of doing it.  But we definitely have to try and do something”, claimed Drakar.

Meanwhile the rest of the squad began to prepare themselves for the upcoming battle that would make or break their mission.
Lance Corporal Drakar
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCPL Drakar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  955
October 21, 2008 9:19:03 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan had heard tell of the XR-85 tank before but he was no expert on it so he was glad when Zeshaun started rattling through its specs.  After listening to what it was they were facing, he wished he hasn’t heard what it could do after all.

"Calm down people, it's only a droid, if we think we can out manoeuvre this thing." Lucky said.

"Right, Lucky what's the plan." Alan said.

"I was kind of hoping you would give me some suggestions." Lucky said.

Drakar and Zeshaun thought about how to go about taking down such a monstrosity and decided the best course of action was to take down its treads.

“Do you think that will work?” asked Zeshaun.

“If not, we will sure find out and have to try and figure out another way of doing it.  But we definitely have to try and do something”, claimed Drakar.

“Lucky, Drakar and I are going to roll grenades along the ground towards the vehicles treads.  If we are successful then it should disable the thing” said Zeshaun.

“You think you can pull it off?” queried Lucky.

“Only one way to find out” replied Drakar.

“Paladins, covering fire!” ordered Lucky.

The squad took up defensive positions as Drakar and Zeshaun started rolling grenades at the tanks tracks.  The squad opened fire but soon found that the machines armour was more than a match for their blasters as the bolts just bounced off.

The first few grenades rolled past the tank then Drakar got lucky and one of the grenades rolled right under a tread.  It exploded and the squad looked up expectedly.  Through the smoke the tank continued to roll forward.

“It was a good try guys” said Lucky, “anyone got any other suggestions?”

Think Alan, think thought Alan as he ran over in his mind what this tank could do and what weaknesses it possessed.  He knew that if they could only get near enough to it then they could get access to its systems but with such heavy weaponry on its front and rear then an assault would be suicide.

“Wait, that’s it!” exclaimed Alan.

“What’s it” replied Lucky.

Alan was surprised that he had said that out loud but his mind started thinking things over, making sure it would work.  He didn’t know if it would or not but he couldn’t think of anything else.  His thoughts were interrupted as heavy blaster fire started firing overhead. Good thought Alan they haven’t got a lock on us yet.

“If you’ve got a plan, I think we’d really like to hear it” said Nick.

“Yeah, and soon” commented Drakar.

“Right, Zeshaun let me know if I am mistaken or not but isn’t there some kind of access panel on the front of that thing?” asked Alan.

“Sure there is, but with all the weaponry this thing is carrying, you’d be cut down instantly” replied Zeshaun.

“True, but what if some of us stayed back in the shadows whilst the rest of the squad fell back” said Alan.

“And then the one’s that stayed back could attack from the side when it rolled past and get access to the panel, brilliant” finished Zeshaun.

Lucky looked over at Zeshaun and at Alan and asked “you think you can pull it off?”

“Only one way to find out” replied Alan.

“Right, you and Zeshaun hide out here, we’ll draw the tank out, and good luck” said Lucky.

“Good luck to you too” replied Alan.

“Paladin, fall back!” shouted Lucky.

From the shadows Alan and Zeshaun watched the rest of the Paladins running back the way they had come.  Alan glanced down the other way and saw the tank start to rumble after them, its full compliment of weaponry firing at them.

He swallowed hard and thought to himself this had better work.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
DI/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Nick
ComNet n00b

Nick

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  21
Total Posts:  173
October 22, 2008 4:11:14 PM    View the profile of Nick 
Nick retreated away from the tank along with a majority of the Paladins. He looked back to see Alan and Zeshaun move into the darkness as the tank mobilized towards him. Nick fired at the tank while running backwards in an attempt to attract it. He hid behind corners and other objects in his way.

The droid continued firing at the team. It was getting closer to Zeshaun and Alans position.

''Almost there..'' Nick said as he stopped firing and ran forward.

The Paladins ran until they met a dead end. They turned around as the Tank entered the right position. Alan and Zeshaun jumped onto the sides of the tank. The turrets on it started spinning, apparently not sure as to attack us or Zeshaun and Alan.

After a long throttle, a loud beep emitted from the tank.

''Initiating Self Destruct''

That was good. But it wasn't for Alan and Zeshaun.

They ran jumped off the tank and ran toward us as the tank exploded.

They were pushed towards the floor. Nick quickly rushed towards their aid and checked their pulse.

''There alive.'' 

There was a sigh of relief as their eyes began to open. Nick offered his hand to Alan, picking him up. ''Nice job guys.'' Nick commented. Alan and zeshaun both panted. ''I cant believe that actually worked.'' Alan said.

''Me neither. What were you thinking? You could have gotten killed.'' Lucky looked irritated.

Alan turned to her. ''Hey, it worked, right ?''

''Yeah i guess so. Lets move on.''
Private First Class Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/PFC Nick/1SQD/2PLT/COM/RGT/BAT/VEA/VE[LoR]

Zeshaun
ComNet Novice

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  91
October 22, 2008 5:04:27 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
As Zeshaun watched the droid he counted the seconds in his head until the droid was in the perfect spot. 3...2...1...now Alan and Zeshaun jumped the droid confusing it for a few seconds. Within those few seconds Zeshaun and Alan managed to start a self destructing mechanism.

Zeshaun and Alan looked at each other and ran for their lives. They ran but they were still caught in the edges of the blast. They were flow forward and a loud ringing was left in Zeshaun's ear as he opened his eyes.

Zeshaun heard someone yell. ''There alive.''

Nick offered his hand to Alan, picking him up. ''Nice job guys.'' Nick said. Zeshaun was breathing hard, he hadn't run that hard for a long time.

''I cant believe that actually worked.'' Alan said.

''Me neither. What were you thinking? You could have gotten killed.'' Lucky walked over to them looking irritated.

Alan turned. ''Hey, it worked, right ?''

''Yeah i guess so. Lets move on.'' Lucky said.

The squad moved up cautiously not wanting to be caught off guard by anything. what a day, first a turret and then a tank droid. Zeshaun watched as they approached, what seemed like a hangar for civilian vehicles.

"Let's see if we can convince someone to give us a ride." Nick said.

The squad agreed since they had been walking all day. They crept up to the hangar. The door was not locked so they slowly entered. They noticed a group of engineers working on a transport in the back, they hadn't noticed the paladin's come in.

"Surround them, point your guns at them but set to stun, we don't know if they're bad." Lucky ordered.

The squad moved around the hangar. The engineers had a radio blasting and they were talking so they didn't take notice to the squad moving.

"Freeze." Lucky popped out with her gun pointed at the men's heads.

They looked around and saw that they were surrounded. They put their hands up.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

Post Number:  1553
Total Posts:  3440
October 22, 2008 6:28:11 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
"good. Now, any of you think you can get us a ride. If you can't supply us a driver, at least supply us a vehicle."

"Y-y-yes, ma'am" stuttered one of the men.

Switching to internal speakers, she opened a channel with the rest of the squad. "These guys are civilians, i can feel it in my veins and their demeanor also proves it. let's just give hem a handshake or something when we board. Let's not forget that we're allied with these people."

"If we're allied with them, why are we killing some of them?"

"Because some of them are baddies, but not all of them."

"Right. Let's get down to business then, shall we?" suggested Alan.

switching frequencies again so that she used thee external speakers, she called out to the men who were tending to a vehicle.

"Well?"

'W-we'll give you this one" the stutterer pointed a shaky finger at a medium-sized freighter.

"That'll do, thanks much."

"Paladin, let's move! Zeshaun, I'll drive this time." she started to walk toward the freighter.
SL/PSG Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 AlanRJ] [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP]

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring About the Light...

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
Zeshaun
ComNet Novice

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  95
October 22, 2008 7:17:50 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
"Paladin, let's move! Zeshaun, I'll drive this time." she started to walk toward the freighter.

The squad chuckled. Zeshaun turned red inside his helmet, he was still only learning but he wished he could have shown some promise on his first mission driving a vehicle. The squad piled into another hover transport, much smaller than the vehicle that Zeshaun drove but still more than big enough to fit the squad comfortably.

"What's the plan once we get to the headquarters?" Drakar asked.

"We will be storming through the building taking out all opposition as needed, we will also try to send out a message to Commander Rizzit telling him our situation." Alan said.

The squad gave a nod of acknowledgment, Zeshaun was nervous. Seeing that the forward base was so heavily defended he wasn't sure how much harder it could get.

"Are you worried about the defenses in the headquarters?" Nick asked

Zeshaun was surprised, Nick had nearly read his mind. Zeshaun nodded.

"Yeah, me too." Nick said.

The whole squad must have been thinking the same thing as a silence fell over the squad. The vehicle slowly came to a stop outside a large building. "Here's the headquarters." Lucky's voice came in over the comm.

"Alright Pallies move out!." Alan barked

The door lifted open and the squad burst out, Zeshaun was afraid to see what they were going to face but he would never back down from a battle as long as he was alive.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  957
October 22, 2008 7:56:51 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The Commander sat in his office and relaxed.  He had recently arrived and was happy now that the pesky Paladin squad had been disposed of.  Now all he had to do was contact Tadath and inform High Command that the Paladin’s had been successful in their mission but had died in the process, then he could sit back and enjoy retirement in lavish style.  His smile was disturbed when there was a knock at the door.

“Enter” called out the Commander.

In walked one of the thugs who said “I think you’d better take a look at this, an unauthorised hovercraft has just landed”.

The Commander pulled up a display screen on his desk and watched as it started displaying key locations around the base.

“It can’t be” he said as he watched the Paladin squad disembark.  “How did they, it doesn’t matter, this will be they’re resting place.  Activate the droids”.

“Understood” he replied as he left the office.

The Commander smiled.  He remembered the days of the Clone Wars.  He had been instrumental in destroying the Clone command ship in this system.  Instead of destroying the Clone troops that had been de-activated, he had decided to keep them.  He had created his own command area and kept them in storage, until now.

“This will be your last mission Paladins” commented the Commander to himself as he let out a chuckle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alan was happy when Lucky had said she would drive.  His shoulders still ached slightly from the time Zeshaun had decided to drive the last vehicle.

"Alright Pallies move out!" Alan barked as he doors opened. 

“Nice landing” commented Alan as he exited the craft.

“Thanks” replied Lucky.

The squad filed out and entered the base.  It seemed deserted apart from a load of inactive droids that were in a squatted position.

“Hey, look at these relics” commented Nick as he pointed.

“Yeah, good job they don’t work” replied Zeshaun.

As soon as the words left Zeshaun's mouth, the droids started whirring and they got up from their squatted position, stood up, reached behind their backs and retrieved blasters.

“Um, guys” said Drakar.

Alan looked around and spotted them damn he cursed.

“First droid tanks, now this, does this guy have a fetish for droids or what” said Zeshaun.

“Paladin’s attack!” ordered Lucky.

Here we go again thought Alan as he removed his blaster pistol from his hip and started blasting.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited October 22, 2008 8:00:13 PM)]
Zeshaun
ComNet Novice

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  97
October 22, 2008 8:12:07 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
“First droid tanks, now this, does this guy have a fetish for droids or what” said Zeshaun.

Zeshaun aimed for the chests. The problems with killing these droids is that they are so skinny they almost have nowhere to shoot. Zeshaun sent a droid flying with a few well placed shots.

He saw that the rest of the squad was doing just as well, but the droids  were putting up a good fight. They outnumbered them nearly two to one.

"Watch out for any explosives that they send at us." Alan shouted advice throughout the fight.

Zeshaun checked his belt for some grenades but all he had was flashbangs and that had a higher chance of hurting him than it did the droids. damn

Zeshaun kept firing and firing and firing but the droids just seemed to keep on coming.if i have to fight another droid I might just shoot myself. Zeshaun thought as he took out yet another.

The squad did a fairly nice job of getting rid of the large amount of droids and surprisingly they made it out without any serious injuries, most people got a few scratched but nothing a bacta patch couldn't fix.

"I can't believe this is just the perimeter defenses." Zeshaun said.

"Scary thing is, it probably isn't the only perimeter defense." Alan said as he came up beside Zeshaun.

"Alright, lets move people."  Lucky said as she started walking around the building.

"We're not even going to try the main entrance?" Nick asked.

"They probably have a huge trap waiting for us there, we should find a window or something that we can all climb in through." Lucky said.

The squad moved around the building looking for any way to get in.  They finally found one on the far side of the building.

"No way am I going through that." Zeshaun said.

Most of the squad nodded in agreement.

"Well too bad, it's our only way in."  Lucky said.

they were standing in front of a waste disposal exit that was leading down. Lucky almost reluctantly jumped in first, the rest of the squad even more reluctantly followed.

more dark holes. Zeshaun though as he went into the smelly dark hole.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  958
October 23, 2008 2:46:45 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan had never fought against droids before and whilst it was a tricky shot due to their slimness, he was surprised as to how easy it was.  Despite their large numbers, he found that most of them couldn't shoot straight which made life a lot easier.

Once they had gotten past the droids, Lucky suggested that they go for a different route rather than the obvious main entrance which was sure to be crawling with something nasty for the Paladins.  Alan thought it was a great idea, until he realised what the alternative route would be.

Most of the squad nodded in agreement.  Alan wasn't keen on the idea himself but he also knew that it was logically their best approach considering what they had faced so far on this mission.

"Well too bad, it's our only way in."  Lucky said as she leaped through the opening.

Alan watched as one by one the squad reluctantly followed.  Soon it was only Zeshaun and Alan outside.  Zeshaun motioned to Alan that he was letting him go first.  Alan shrugged and launched in, hoping that Zeshaun would follow.

Landing in a heap of garbage his nose wrinkled instantly.  He couldn't remember the last time he had encountered such a smell.  In fact, come to think of it he had never encountered such a smell before in his life.

"Damn, this place stinks" commented Alan.  The rest of the squad nodded their head in agreement.

"Where's Zeshaun?" asked Lucky.

Alan looked at the entrance and cursed himself damn, I knew I shouldn't have gone first.

All of a sudden a figure hurtled through the opening and Alan was relieved to see Zeshaun emerge.

"Thought you weren't coming" stated Alan.

"Nearly wasn't" replied Zeshaun, "but I couldn't leave my fellow squad mates down here by themselves, someone has to look out for you".

Alan laughed and said "oh, and that someone would be you?"

"Who else" replied Zeshaun.

"Alright" said Lucky bringing the team back to focus, "let's get out of here".
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Drakar
ComNet Novice

Drakar

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  65
October 23, 2008 3:57:42 PM    View the profile of Drakar 
Drakar didn’t really mind this battle with the droids for two reasons, one they were extremely inaccurate because they were from so long ago, and the second was that he had experience in dealing with droids because that was the way his dad had trained him to fight.

Once they had gotten past the droids, Lucky suggested that they go for a different route rather than the obvious main entrance which was sure to be crawling with something nasty for the Paladins.

Drakar had a sneaking suspicion of what the alternative was going to be, but waited until Lucky suggested what it was going to be.

Most of the squad nodded in agreement.  Lucky quickly interrupted by saying, "Well too bad, it's our only way in." as she leaped through the opening.

“Where’s Zeshaun?” asked Lucky

Her question was answered when he came sliding through the hole.  "Thought you weren't coming" stated Alan.

"Nearly wasn't" replied Zeshaun, "but I couldn't leave my fellow squad mates down here by themselves, someone has to look out for you".

Alan laughed and said "oh, and that someone would be you?"

"Who else" replied Zeshaun.

Drakar was trying to wipe the dirt off himself along with the smell, but to no avail.  He checked all of his equipment to make sure that it was all there.   

"Alright" said Lucky bringing the team back to focus, "let's get out of here".

The squad stormed off down the hallway trying to accomplish the last part of their mission, which was taking down the man that set them up.
Lance Corporal Drakar
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

Post Number:  1559
October 23, 2008 9:43:41 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
The trash chute had looked like their best way of bypassing the main hallway even though she didn't like the idea of going into an area full of revolting smells, but the would have the chance to wash off later, and if they were lucky, the stench could knock some of their enemies unconscious.

The hurried out of the trash and down a hallway, and of course hallways don't continue on forever, this one gave them two options:Go right or left. There was a fifty-fifty chance either way that they would come across some horrible obstacles, she decided to peek around the corner and check see if the cost was clear.

As she stuck her head out, a blaster bolt whizzed by her head. "Paladin, attack!"

She peeled a few shots in the general direction of the firing and left the rest to the squad who seemed to have a need for a real firefight after the easy enough one with the inaccurate  droids.
SL/PSG Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [<3 AlanRJ] [ES1][EW1][ASH][BC] [SC][SoH] [BoH][RoM][CoS][GC][WM][SRP]

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  962
October 24, 2008 7:20:46 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Lucky fired first and waved the squad out into an attacking formation.  Alan was happy when he noticed that it was real people firing back, although when a shot grazed his shoulder he decided that maybe he would have preferred the droids after all.

Grabbing his blaster pistol he quickly fired off two shots.  The first went neatly through the forehead of the man that had gotten lucky enough to hit Alan's armour.  Alan was happy to have the armour and the bolt had grazed it and not himself.  Still, he wasn't happy at having his armour damaged.

The rest of the squad joined in the battle, their blaster rifles firing, cutting down the enemy swiftly.  Soon the hall was littered with bodies and Alan was happy to see that everyone was safe and there were no injuries.

Lucky looked down the left route and then the right route, trying to decide which looked the best.  Difficult part being that both routes looked the same.

"Which way?" asked Alan.

"Let's head down this one" said Lucky as she pointed to the right option.

The squad fell in line behind Lucky and Alan wondered what it was they were going to face next and whether the left hand side would have been a better option or not.  Weapons raised, the Paladin's were ready for anything.

The passageway snaked upwards until it came to a large room.  At the front of the room was what looked like an elevator shaft and there were two passageways leading off to the right and the left.

Alan was wondering whether they should take one of the passageways or whether the lift when a rumbling noise echoed from both the left and the right passages.  What the hell thought Alan as he grabbed his blaster, the rest of the squad already with their weapons raised.

Two blurred motions suddenly rolled into view and stopped.  Getting into position and activating shield generators.  Oh hell cursed Alan as the Paladin squad found themselves staring into the faces of two Droideka's.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Nick
ComNet n00b

Nick

Post Number:  22
October 24, 2008 4:46:37 PM    View the profile of Nick 
The droidekas stopped rolling, and stood infront of the Paladins.
They activated their sheilds as the squad started moving away from their range.

''Okay, guys. This might be a problem.'' Lucky said as she fired at the shields with no effect.

Nick fell back with the others while trying to examine the two Destroyer droids. He then looked at their ''arms'' while they fired.
As he was watching he nearly tripped.

He then got an idea. He thought that if he was close enough to their spider-like torso, they would be unable to fire. The only problem was that the shields were still active. He waited patiently, firing along with the squad at the Droidakas.
Eventually, the Droids shields ran out of energy, making them vunerable to attack. The squad, hiding behid some small structures and emplacings fired off at the droids, who were aiming straight.

It was a good plan, but not needed.

The Droids finally were destroyed, and the squad quickly reloaded. Taking down a shield was hard work with these small arms weapons.

''Now that thats out of the way, lets move on.'' Said Alan.

The squad went down the left passage this time. They could only hear water dripping as well as their own footsteps. The passage was damp and the trail was led by a light at the end of the passageway.

As they got closer to the passageway, they started to hear more sounds. Beeps and clicks, like droids.  ''I hope its not more Destroyers.'' Zeshaun said. Then, they started to hear voices, as if actual people were talking.

Here comes trouble..
Private First Class Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  966
October 26, 2008 9:59:38 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Hearing the noises ahead of them, Alan started to think that they were going to face more droids.  He hoped that it wasn’t going to be more destroyer droids.  Then he heard voices and was happy that it was going to be people rather than machinery that they would be facing, still, he didn’t know what the beeps and clicks were.

Lucky waved her hand in a motion, indicating the squad to advance slowly.  Alan had already gotten his blaster pistol out and was prepared for anything.  That was until he came face to face with something he never expected to see again, especially here.

“You!” exclaimed Alan.

“What the hell are you doing down here?” replied the man, asking the question but knowing the answer.

The squad soon got into an attacking formation as they faced off against numerous battle droids and several men who had nearly killed them with an E-Web back on Abregado-Rae.

How the hell did they get away from the authorities and make it here pondered Alan as he fired back, watching several droids fall from his accurate shots.

The man that had answered back to Alan quickly waved his fellow men back whilst the droids pressed on with their attack.

“We have to stop them before they raise the alarm” called out Lucky.

Alan knew that the reason why they had come down here in the first place was to attack the enemy where they wouldn’t expect it.  Surprise them and take them down easily.  Now, with the arrival of these men, that could be coming to an end.

We have to stop them thought Alan.  Several shots flew over his head and he knew that the droids had first priority.

Glancing over, Alan saw Nick and Zeshaun try to skirt around the ranks of the droids so they could tackle the men but to no avail.  Despite the droid’s poor shooting, they seemed to know the art of warfare, especially when they had superior numbers and they were making sure that they were giving the men all the time they needed.

Suddenly alarm klaxons rang out and Alan knew the element of their surprise attack was foiled.  I knew we should have killed them back on Abregado-Rae thought Alan as he fired back, bringing down more droids.

Now we’re definitely in trouble he thought as the klaxons resounded around the passageway.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Commander of Training Assistant
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Zeshaun
ComNet Novice

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  99
October 26, 2008 3:44:39 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Alan had seemed to somehow know this man that appeared in the headquarters. Unfortunately the man got away behind a screen of droids.

“We have to stop them before they raise the alarm” called out Lucky.

Zeshaun gave Nick a look and they tried to sneak by the droids and take out the men running away but the men slipped away. Before they could pursue the men, the droids were on top of them. damn The sharp piercing alarms went off and the droids were still there.

"We need to take care of these droids quick!" Alan shouted.

Everyone shot with accuracy that had never been seen before. It seemed the squad was feeling the pressure. The battle droids starting falling like rocks.

"Nice shooting pladins." Lucky said "Let's catch up to those guys."

"Who are those guys exactly?" Drakar asked.

Nick and Zeshaun nodded, wondering the same.

"They're old friends from Abregado-Rae," Alan said angrily "they nearly killed us with an E-web but we got them and locked them up."

"Or so we thought." Lucky said.

Alan nodded. They continued down the halls searching for any signs or sounds  of the men although it was hard to hear anything with the blaring alarm. It started to give Zeshaun a headache. The squad moved rather quickly not wanting to stay in one spot for too long knowing that everyone and everything in the building would be looking for them.

"Can't someone turn that off." Nick complained.

"Well the faster we find the men, and get out of here the faster we'll get away from the sound." Alan said.

Zeshaun grimaced, seeing that the men were no where to be found, it was more likely that this noise would be permanently carved into his mind before they got out.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

Post Number:  29
October 27, 2008 4:49:27 PM    View the profile of Nick 
The sound tore into Nicks ears. He couldn’t stand it, it was driving him crazy. He hoped they would get out off this place soon or at least shut the alarm off. If the alarm was able to be turned on, it was surely able to be turned off.

The Paladins continued moving through the building. Their element of surprised was completely devastated with the alarm going off.  The continued down the hall, retracing the tracks of the men from Abregado-Rae. Nick had never seen them before, but the other members seemed to have some memories.

‘’They are probably expecting us now.’’ Nick said.

Lucky nodded and continued moving. ‘’We have to shut them down quickly.’’

Nick expected a horrible death coming sooner than he had hoped. The squad came across a control panel, which looked like it had been disabled. ‘’Maybe this might get rid of the alarm’’

By the looks of it, nobody seemed able to activate it again. Drakar approached it.

‘’I guess I can give it a try.’’  Drakar examined it for a while. There was a slot to the right side of it. A keycard was needed to activate it.

‘’We are going to  need some sort of ID card.’’ Drakar explained. 

Nick grabbed something off of his utility belt, strapped onto his armor.

‘’Scavenged this from one of the bodies earlier.’’ 

‘’Impressive.’’

Drakar grabbed onto the card. He swiped it along the access panel. Sounds erupted from it. The screen then appeared, filled with options. Drakar looked at each one of them.

‘’ Summon maintenance, Upload schematics.. There we are, Disable Alarms.’’

Drakar selected that option. And the alarms were turned off. No longer did they drive Nicks ears crazy.

‘’Finally!’’ Zeshaun let out a sigh. 

Nick was surprised how easy Drakar had operated it. The squad continued on, hoping that that would confuse the enemy into thinking they perished from the defences. Nick was relieved, and once again thought he would live to see another day. The squad continued walking down the pathway, hoping to end this once and for all.
Private First Class Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  102
October 27, 2008 8:15:58 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
"Finally!" Zeshaun let out a sigh.

Now that alarm was off Zeshaun could concentrate better on the task at hand. Zeshaun noticed for the first time that the building was rather empty. Other than the men and the droids they had encountered nobody, even with the blaring alarm going off.

"Anyone else finding it strange that there is a lack of security in this place?" Zeshaun asked

Alan nodded, "Maybe they've called everyone back to one large area where they could hold us off forever until more support has arrived, or for some reason they don't have enough people to guard the place."

"We better hope it's the latter because we definantly can not fight against a group that is bottled up in a room and built up defenses, either way we have to find them quick." Lucky said.

They ran down the hall checking in doorways to see if they could find someone. The lack of people was discomforting, Zeshaun almost wished someone would jump out and attack them. As Lucky turned the corner she held out her hand signaling everyone to stop and be quiet.

"...The alarms are off but we need to be on our toes, if we let them get away again the commander will kill us." A deep voice came from around the corner.

There were three shadows that moved around and talked. The squad jumped out and they were caught off guard. The guards were all dead before they could even get their hands on their guns.

"This must be the door." Drakar said, pointing to the large door that the guards were standing in front of.

"Let's do this." Nick growled.

They set up on either side of the door and waited for Alan to press the button. The doors hissed open and they peaked in, they were met by the muzzle of an E-web.

"Damn, not this again." Alan yelled.

All the paladin's dove for cover from the bolts. this is getting to be such a pain.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  968
October 28, 2008 8:17:47 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"Damn, not this again" yelled Alan as he came face to face with the muzzle of an E-Web.  Do these guys love E-Web's or what thought Alan as he and the rest of the squad dove for cover as heavy blaster bolts flew over their heads.

"I got this" said Zeshaun as he smiled, taking out two thermal detonators.

Nice one thought Alan as, without looking, he angled his blaster towards the E-Web and let loose some shots.  He knew that from the previous encounter, his shots could not get to the operator of the E-Web but he hoped that it might make them stop their assault even momentarily to allow Zeshaun time to throw the detonators.

"Bombs away" called out Zeshaun as he lobbed the detonators.

Mere seconds later and an explosion rocked the passageway.  Alan peeked out from his covering position to see the damage.  There was a lot of smoke from the room that had housed the E-Web and Alan was confident that it was now in ruins.  The smoke cleared and there was the E-Web looking completely unscathed.  What the hell thought Alan as he wondered what had happened.  Then he noticed it.

"They've got a shield around the E-Web" called out Drakar.

"Fall back!" ordered Lucky, knowing full well that the squad did not stand a chance against a shielded E-Web.

The Paladin's hastily retreated back the way they had come and they could hear the men laughing as several poorly aimed bolts flew over their heads.

"What now?" asked Nick once the squad had gotten to a safe location.

"We have to get past that E-Web somehow" replied Zeshaun.

"Only way past is to knock out the shield generator" commented Alan.

Lucky looked round at the rest of the squad and said "I'm open to suggestions people".
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire
COT:A/ASL/PSG AlanRJ/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Hellgate/STC Academy/VEA/VE [<3 Luckystar] [ES2] [IH] [BC] [SoH] [EW2] [CoS] [RoM]

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  104
October 28, 2008 7:43:06 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
A rush of satisfaction came over Zeshaun when he threw the detonators. He looked back around the corner to see what damage he had done.

"Holy Shi-" Zeshaun  said

He pulled back just in time to see a wave of bolts fly out of the door. Lucky ordered everyone to fall back. They ran back down the hall and turned a corner. Zeshaun could the men laughing.

Zeshaun was angry that he had wasted those thermal detonators. How were they ever going to get rid of that shield. If the men were smart then the shield generator would be behind the E-web.

"I'm open to suggestions people." Lucky said looking around the squad.

"We could see if there is a back door." Nick said.

"We can see if we can catch them without the shield up." Drakar added.

"We could leave and pretend this never happened." Zeshaun said.

He hoped to raise some spirits, the comment drew some laughter.

"I think we'll try to go with Nick's idea and if we can't find a back door we'll have to think of something else." Lucky said.

"How about my idea?" Drakar asked.

"I know these guys are stupid, but I don't think they are stupid enough to put the shields down. Let's move." Lucky added.

The squad moved back farther down the hall they came from. The squad stopped where they thought the room was opposite of. They opened the door and rushed in rifles and blasters at the ready. The room was dark.

"Looks like a dead end." Alan said looking at the wall in front of him.

"Hold on, everyone be quiet." Lucky said.

They heard laughter coming from behind the wall.

"I guess the walls are kind of thin." Drakar said. "If we have anymore explosives I bet we could blow through this wall."

Lucky whipped out a couple timed detonators. "Will these do."

Lucky went up to the wall and placed them in a triangular position. She set the time and they cleared the room. Zeshaun waited for the explosion. He rushed into the room filled with smoke ready to take out those pesky men.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

Post Number:  30
October 28, 2008 8:55:53 PM    View the profile of Nick 
The Paladins rushed into the clearing, done by the damage of the explosives. Smoke had filled the now destroyed wall as the Stormtroopers rushed in towards the thugs inside. They barely had a chance to fight back, scrambling for cover from blasts. Nick fired at the thugs as they literally ran for their lives. None of them managed to survive, however.

''That wasn't as hard as i expected.'' Nick said.

''Heh, thats what you get from a sneak attack.'' Lucky looked to the side of the damaged walll. There was a door, probobly leading to the back of the E-web Operator.

Lucky pointed towards the door, and the Squad proceeded in that direction. They went through the door. Infront of them, was the E-web operator, not knowing that they had snuck behind him.

He turned around, hearing weaponry being loaded from behind him. He raised his arms, surrendering.

Nick and Alan approached him. The squad surrounded him, incase he made any sudden moves.

''Where are the rest of your 'friends' ?'' Lucky demanded.

The E-web operator trembled in fear, no knowing if he would live to see another hour. '' J-just follow the door over there.'' He then pointed to the side, towards a door, decorated unlike most of the others.  ''It will take you to the place you seek.''

''You heard him. Move out.'' Lucky commisioned to the rest of the squad.

In a last attempt to escape, the captive throttled about with a blaster pistol. Nick quickly fired at him, preventing any casualties among the squad. ''Well, there goes our information booth.''

Nick and the rest of the squad went through  the decorated door and into a large room, filled with weapons.

''Woah.''
Private First Class Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  969
October 29, 2008 8:21:22 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"Woah" commented Nick as the squad entered a room that was filled with weapons.  Alan gazed around at the variety of the weapons.  It ranged from small weapons such as blasters, to grenades and thermal detonators and even to what looked like nuclear weapons.

Drakar whistled softly as he looked around at the weapons, picking some up and feeling their weight.  Most of the squad hadn't seen such a selection before in their lives.

"Watch your fire people" called out Lucky as she lowered her weapon.

Alan holstered his blaster pistol, knowing that any stray shot to one of the nuclear weapons would obliterate not only the room and the squad but probably this whole base.

"Zeshaun, you think you can de-activate these weapons?" asked Lucky.

"I'm sure I can" replied Zeshaun as he moved over to have a look at them.

The doors suddenly burst open and the squad immediately brought their attention to bear on the disturbance.

"Hey, you're not supposed to be in here" called out a battle droid, "blast them".

"Roger, roger" said another droid.

The room suddenly started filling up with battle droids and they immediately started firing around the room.  You have got to be kidding me thought Alan as he grabbed his blaster pistol.

"Paladin's, covering fire!" ordered Lucky as the squad surrounded Zeshaun and returned fire.

"This is good" said Zeshaun, talking to himself as he set to work, beads of sweat on his forehead as blaster bolts flew over his head.  "No pressure, no pressure at all" he commented as he worked hard.

Alan noticed a bolt fly past one of the nuclear weapons and he thought to himself that was too close.  He shot back at the droid that had fired the shot, bringing it to the ground neatly.

I hope Zeshaun gets these weapons deactivated soon thought Alan, knowing that if he didn't, then this could be a very short fire fight.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Luckystar
ComNet Expert

Luckystar

Post Number:  1564
October 29, 2008 9:16:08 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky tensed when she heard the mechanical voices of the droids.This isn't good she didn't have much time to ponder however, as the room became more and more crowded by the minute.

She saw Zeshaun get to work on deactivating the weapons, she knew it would probably take a while to deactivate them all, she just hope that he could accomplish the task quickly. She heard a few bolts whizz past her and hoped it didn't hit any of the un-deactivated weapons and end their career ...and their lives.

She was debating whether to go help Zeshaun or not. She could hear him talking to himself through the ComLink "Zesh, nee any help?"

"I think I'm good, it'll just take me  a little time."

"I'll help you with the task then, we may not have all the time you need."

She shot aa few of the droids to take as many down as she could before swiftly moving off to where Zeshaun was doing his work and started orking on some of the other weapons. When she was finishe ddeactivating a weapon, she would toss it aside and had started to create a neat pile.

^CombatEngineer^

~Phantom~

Clearly Canadian!
Drakar
ComNet Novice

Drakar

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  69
October 29, 2008 10:26:46 AM    View the profile of Drakar 
As the room began to become more and more crowded Drakar and the rest of the squad wondered how many were waiting to take the place of the ones that would fall.  His thoughts were broken when a bolt came flying by his face causing his mind to snap back to what was in front of him.

Drakar peeked over and saw Lucky bend down to start helping Zeshaun so he slowly creeped over to where she was and stood in front of her like a screen to the droids. 

Taking out his pistol in his left hand he began to fire while simultaneously firing his E-11 with his right.  He managed to take out 5 or so droids each with one or two shots.  Once he realized he was close to empty with his pistol, he quickly holstered it remembering that they were in a armory and reached for a grenade that was to his left on the wall. 

Hopefully I can make it out into the hall otherwise we are all toast thought Drakar.  In one continuous motion he bent down to his right knee rolled the grenade along the ground through the droids legs that were standing at the door and out into the hall just on the otherside of the wall. 

As the blast went off the droids that were in the hall all fell down with several loud clanks. 

“Nice Lob, Drakar” said Alan.

“I get lucky sometimes” said Drakar as he shrugged while still firing with his Blaster.

He heard inside his helmet Zeshaun say, “Almost Done…..”
Lance Corporal Drakar
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  970
October 29, 2008 2:55:56 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
“Nice job, Drakar” said Alan as the grenade went off.  He could hear the clanks of several droids dropping down and he smiled to himself.  That should take care of the droids still to come in, now it’s just a case of mopping up the rest thought Alan as he fired a single shot, downing the nearest battle droid.

“I get lucky sometimes” replied Drakar as he shrugged while still firing with his Blaster, his shots mowing down several droids.

“Almost done…..” commented Zeshaun as he continued working hard.

Thank goodness thought Alan as he let loose another volley of shots, downing several more droids.  A bolt flew towards Alan and he ducked, neatly avoiding it.  That was close he thought as he fired back, bringing the droids life to an end.

“Um, guys, we have a problem” said Zeshaun.

Alan whirled round to see that the shot that was meant for him had actually impacted on the casing of the weapon and now it was emitting a beeping noise.  Oh hell thought Alan as he listened to one of the worst noises imaginable.

“Let’s get it deactivated now” said Lucky as she moved to Zeshaun to assist him.

“Working on it” replied Zeshaun.

Drakar and Nick had finished off the remaining of the droids and they all looked on.  They knew that running away from this was of no consequence as if it went off it would obliterate the base.

“Work faster” commented Alan, surprised that he had said it out loud but he hated not being able to help, knowing that his life and the life of the rest of the squad hung with Zeshaun and Lucky.

“I know, I know” replied Zeshaun.

The beeping grew louder and louder and Alan thought to himself is this the end of the Paladin’s.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  105
October 29, 2008 3:29:43 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun was working harder then he had ever worked in his life, one slip up and the whole base was gone. He was deactivating weapons in the midst of a firefight and hoped that none of the stray bullets hit anything explosive.

Zeshaun heard an explosion and flinched hoping that none of his squad mates were down. "Almost done..." Zeshaun said.

Suddenly a bolt came and smashed into a case, Zeshaun nearly passed out, it started beeping.

"Um, guys, we have a problem” said Zeshaun.

Zeshaun could imagine the faces of his squadmates as they turned to listen to the beeps.

“Let’s get it deactivated now” said Lucky, she came over to Zeshaun's side and tried to assist him.

“Working on it” Zeshaun said.

"Work faster." Alan said.

"I know, I know." Zeshaun sighed.

The beeping was getting faster and louder. Zeshaun concentrated cutting wires as fast as he could. Zeshaun felt butterflies in his stomach as he realized that he had failed the squad and they were all going to die. The beeping got louder and then it stopped.

"What the.." Zeshaun said, astonished.

A large explosion caught him in the chest and he saw Lucky also being thrown back. He hit the far wall very hard and crumpled to the ground. He saw that the rest of the squad was in a similar state. Zeshaun felt like a complete failure. Everyone had been blown up. Then he realized that he was still alive. how is this possible. He saw a clutter of papers fluttering around. Zeshaun was able to get up but had a very strong headache.

He grabbed one of the papers on the ground. It had a picture of a stormtrooper slaughtering innocent children. The paper read. These white devils are not your friends! JOIN THE REBELION!

Zeshaun sat back, [i]rebel propaganda? it looks like they make more than weapons. what have we gotten ourselves into.[i/]

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
Nick
ComNet Novice

Nick

Post Number:  31
October 29, 2008 5:14:40 PM    View the profile of Nick 
Nick thought the blast would nearly vaporize the entire base, as well as the land surrounding it. Nick tried to get up, but failed from the impact on the wall. He laid on the ground as he heard what seemed to be paper falling to the floor. Nick moved his head as he laid down, trying to get an eye on his fellow squad members. He saw Zeshaun, who had managed to get up already. He looked around and saw the others, covered with propaganda. What on a wookiees beard was that ? Nick thought as he saw his helmet, which fell off.

Nick took his time to get up, bit by bit he slowly started to get back to his feet. He had a major headache and was dizzy. He stumbled around as he tried to regain normal balance. Zeshaun noticed Nicks attempts to get back up. He helped him, although still a bit dizzy as well. That weapon was strong, even though it was covered in paper

‘’I thought we were toast..’’ Nick said, astonished.

Zeshaun nodded. ‘’I know, I guess luck was on our side on this one.’’

Both Zeshaun and Nick moved around the  room, helping out the other squad members. Clearly, they were just as clueless as they were.

‘’Well, that was interesting.’’ Alan said, still dazed.

‘’Sir, what about those guys we were chasing earlier ?’’

Alan took a deep breath, trying to think.  ‘’Maybe they haven't yet escaped the area.’’

Nick thought about that for a while and tried to reload his ammo.

Hopefully, we will be done with this mission soon.

‘’So, What shall we do now. Chase them down? Or contact the base ?’’ Drakar said, curious on the squads next move.

Lucky shrugged, and looked around her surroundings. She wasn’t quite sure what to do either.  ‘’I suggest we search around for more weapons.’’  There was no argument against that.

The Paladin squad scavenged the area. There were papers, reports and other sorts of information all over the room. Almost like an ocean.

They came across a group of bodies. All either dead or dying.  They were in uniforms, as if they were high officials. Nick stepped forwards towards them, checking for any signs of life.
‘'These guys are dead.. I wonder if the guys we are after caused this.’’
Lucky nodded to Nick. She was too tired to say anything.

Alan thought for a while. ‘’Lets continue with the task at hand.''
Private First Class Nick
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited October 29, 2008 7:00:43 PM)]
Zeshaun
ComNet Initiate

Zeshaun

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal
[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  107
October 29, 2008 7:26:14 PM    View the profile of Zeshaun 
Zeshaun went around and helped out the rest of his squad recover from his blunder. Zeshaun made sure that everyone was okay before he was ready to move on. Lucky decided that they should search around for more weapons and things that could help capture these men. He went to other doors in the room and searched them, Zeshaun's head was still ringing and he couldn't hear very clearly and didn't see the pile of bodies on the ground.

"Whoaa..." Zeshaun gasped as he tripped over the bodies.

The squad came into the room to see what was the matter and saw the bodies. They were in some kind of uniform probably some high officials. Nick checked their pulses and turned.

‘'These guys are dead.. I wonder if the guys we are after caused this.’’ Nick said with a sigh.

Lucky just shook her head.

After a short pause Alan spoke up."Lets continue with the task at hand.''

The squad searched the body and found some ID cards that may help them get through some security. They left the room and cautiously stepped back into the hall. Zeshaun wasn't sure if the explosion would attract or scare away the men.

The hall was clear for the time being and they hurried down the hall. They came to a large door that was locked.

"Here let's try these." Nick said pulling out the ID cards.

Nick slid the cards through the scanners one at a time. On the second card the door hissed and opened up. The room was empty but there were a few doors left open around the room. It seemed they had stumbled upon the communications center.

"Alright Paladin's lets get as much info as possible, any transmissions to the commander or to another building." Lucky ordered.

The paladin's bustled around the room hacking into computers and scanning through recorded holo's.

"Hey guys check this out." Drakar said calling the squad over.

A holo of the commander popped up and started talking, it seemed to be some sort of diary.

"The stupid stormtroopers were more efficient than I thought. They cleared through that factory way to fast. I was almost caught off guard. I have been forced to retreat to this base, but with all the droids and guards I left behind they won't be a problem much longer."

The holo cut off and everyone was silent for a moment.

"So...I guess the commander is still around in this base." Nick asked.

"If we're lucky than yes, but maybe he has been warned and has left. We may need backup." Alan said.

Lucky shook her head. "Any messages we send out would be intercepted and then the reinforcements would walk into a trap."

The squad was all down, nobody was sure what to do. "Let's try to find that commander." Lucky said.

Army of the Vast Empire
()VehicleCrewman ()
TRP/LCPL Zeshaun/1SQD/2PLT/COM/REG/BAT//VEA/VE[LoR][ES1]
[This message has been edited by Zeshaun (edited October 29, 2008 7:28:12 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

Post Number:  971
October 29, 2008 8:44:42 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
"Let's try to find that commander” said Lucky.

Alan was up for that, he was fed up of squaring off against his hired thugs and outdated battle droids.  He wanted to put an end to this man’s double crossing once and for all.  The Vast Empire was an organisation that Alan looked up to and he hated the Commander for treating it like a doorway to personal gain only.

After stockpiling up on weapons and ammunition, the Paladin’s left the chamber and carried on.  Their trip through the passageways was uneventful which troubled Alan.  He didn’t like the quietness.  He was sure that eventually they would end up in trouble.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, the squad found themselves in a giant courtyard.  Alan hadn’t realised that the base was so vast and he was starting to wonder how they were going to find the Commander.

“Ah, there you are, I was beginning to think that you had gotten lost”

Alan scanned the building trying to get a fix on who said it and where the voice was coming from.

“There” shouted Zeshaun pointing upwards.

Alan followed Zeshaun’s gaze and true enough he saw an individual standing on a balcony on the nearest tower.

“The Commander” muttered Nick as he raised his weapon.

“Save it Nick” stated Lucky, “you’d never hit him with that from this range”.

“I commend you for getting this far Paladin’s.  I must admit that your profiles do not do you justice.  I will offer you this one only.  Join me and together we can reap the rewards and overthrow the Imperial’s.  Surely you know the rebellion is just” called out the Commander.

Drakar spat on the ground at the very prospect and Alan shouted back “never!”

Lucky then said “The rebellion is just a petty band of thugs and you will be brought to justice for what you have done here”.

“Pity” replied the Commander, “so be it then, here is where the Paladin’s will be put to rest”.

As soon as the words were muttered, several hangar doors opened and out stormed a large contingent of various types of battle droids.

Oh hell thought Alan, wondering whether this was one fight to big for the Paladin’s.

“Paladin’s, give them hell!” shouted Lucky.

That is exactly what I was thinking thought Alan, grinning under his helmet as he brought out his blaster pistol and started firing.
Platoon Sergeant AlanRJ
Paladin Squad
Storm Platoon
Stormtrooper Academy
Army of the Vast Empire

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Out of the Smoke and Into the Fire (Paladin)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 7:46:11 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 176  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >