Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Radical Restructuring (Blackjack)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Radical Restructuring (Blackjack)
Zolos
ComNet Novice

Zolos

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  35
Total Posts:  56
  RE: Radical Restructuring (Blackjack)
April 18, 2008 9:54:25 AM    View the profile of Zolos 
“Orobos, Zolo, your with me. We’ll head back down toward the station and see if we can get our hands onto another armored vehicle."

"I'm following!" Zolos said as he followed Urakai across the street, divided in two parts, which kept a small distance between them. Suddenly the rioters reached them and Urakai was attacked by one first. The squad had time to realise it and turn to fight. Zolos quickly took his gun out and fired to the rioters that were using anything they could find in the street as a weapon, from guns to pieces of debris. Some of them were even throwing bombs made of alcohol.

Boy, they sure know how to riot the right way, he muttered as he picked a bomb and threw it back to them

I don't want to get killed by alcohol, do I?

“Take out the sniper!” Alater yelled. Zolos turned his gun and aimed quickly at a person who was peering out of a window. He was a few storeys up, and he was a danger to the squad. Zolos tried to kill him, but his shots missed a few inches away, as he had quickly turned his gun, which wasn't very practical for a successful killing. Urakai threw an alcohol bomb to the sniper. It blasted and sent the sniper into the building. A drop of blood splatted on Zolos' foot.

Just great.  A red mark on my armor.  Just what I wanted.

He heard the voice of Alater again.

“Quick, in here!”

Alater had entered a building. Zolos followed, taking 3 sets of stairs and going down a fire escape. While the squad was moving, an explosion was heard from inside the building they have just left.

Looks like they lit the bomb too early...

But a blast hit the wall, missing Zolos' head.

"The rioters are reaching us real fast! We gotta find cover and quick!" he shouted and hid behind an empry barrel.
Private Zolos
TRP/PVT Zolos/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE/Tadath
Hey, I want a Pascal-made app that cooks chinese!
Orobos
ComNet Cadet

Orobos

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  296
Total Posts:  535
April 18, 2008 3:51:42 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos ran through the cramped apartment and followed the rest out the back way along a fire escape which was cracked and rusted and creaked with every footstep they took. Judging by the angry shouts and sounds of breaking china the mob had entered the building after them and were proceeding to wreck and violate it as much as they could. They reached the bottom of the alley and started of in separate directions. Tanus, Orobos and Zolos headed off back towards the station while the rest of the squad followed Alater towards the roadblock.

"Move," Tanus said quickening his pace coming out the end of the alley.

Orobos came out next followed by Zolos. The street to their left was strewn with burnt out cars and the windows of the building lining the street were all smashed in and the glass littered the street. To their right was the departing mob at least seventy or eighty of them.The rioters were headed towards the roadblock as the whole group moved as one around the corner and off down in the direction the rest of the squad had gone.

They continued on across various other streets all of them having suffered some kind of damage at the hands of rioters, the local authority or the military. A large set of steps led up to a building with large pillars outside it holding up a balcony above them. As they approached it a shuttle departed leaving from a landing zone behind the main building.

They reached the heavy wooden doors made from the trees which grew locally in the system. Engraved on them was some strange foreign language. They entered a large marble room with desks made from the same wood as the doors. Men and women in uniform hurried around with papers. Some of them drew side arms as they entered. Ignoring the crowd who stared at them they set off behind the desks and towards the back of the building. As they moved away from he entrance the halls turned grey and concrete. The doors here were made of steel and the windows thick and heavy. They came out the back of the station into a courtyard and moved over towards the vehicle compound. Some technicians stood back from an APC as they entered. It was the only vehicle left in the garage. All resources available seemed to have been used by the law enforcers to control the sudden outbreaks of rioting.

"Is this in working order," Tanus asked not looking at the man who stepped forward,

"Yes just a few dents that's all,"

"We'll take it,"

"You can't just,"

Tanus just stared at the man for a minute and then stepped away. They hopped in the APC and Tanus took the pilots seat while Orobos and Zolos sat in the back. Their were a few ports for sticking their hand held weapons out of but no heavy weapons.

"Let's get moving,"
Give me a hundred Space Marines.
  Or Failing that give me a thousand other troops.

-Attributed to Rogal Dorn,
  Primarch of the Imperial Fists.

TRP/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/[BoH][CoR][LoS]

BlackJack Squad

Beag ach Fíochmhar
TX-47
ComNet Initiate

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  121
Total Posts:  621
April 19, 2008 3:47:51 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
Tank was still pretty sore from the recent 'accident' but he was sure nothing was broken so he simply worked thru his pain, using it.  As Lieutenant Robert Garner and SGT Solvona took half the squad, delegates & their reinforcements in one APC, SGT Orion & LCPL Tank took the controls of the 2nd APC with the rest of their contigent filing in.

Why in the Nine Hells did we abandon the Strikebreaker and the E-HWB Cannons? Tank wondered.  He knew better than to question orders in the field, especially under fire, but not knowing what his SL ans ASL were thinking and recent actions unnerved him.

"Urakai, I need you and Tank to clear us a pathe to the following coordinates!"

"You got it, Tasnus!"  "Alright, Tank, you heard the SL; Let's do this!"
With that Urakai's APC swiftly accelerated to the treaded vehicle's top speed, right into the mob!

Though slightly smaller than the Strikebreaker the APCs were easily twice the size of a TIE Mauler tank; screams of terror and threats of bloody vengeance are drowned out by the wet crunch of rioters under the APCs' treads, and merciless blasterfire from the Stormtroopers & local sodiers firing their weapons from the tiny gunports arrayed in neat rows along the APCs' sides!

Nearly half an hour of wanton carnage later, the pair of APCs reach the Beta Site!  Rioters stop short of the old Armory as it's massive gates close behind the APCs.  It should be impossible for the rioters to lay siege to the restored fortress, but only Time will tell.....
[img]size="50%" http://images.imperialnetwork.com/data/Strikebreaker.jpg[/img]
BlackJack Squad
Lance Corporal Baraka "Tank" Kodex Imperial Network Star Wars Image
TRP/LCP TX-47/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [EW2][LoS][ES2]
Storm Commando http://www.playlist.com/user/5975941/
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Cadet

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  243
Total Posts:  744
April 22, 2008 7:09:02 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus stepped out of his APC, with Orobos and Zolos in toe behind him. Urakai and Tank got out of theirs. Tanus looked around and saw technicians and mechanics running every which way, while the troopers were manning grenade ports and gun ports up top. Tanus walked forward, grabbing a technician by the back of his uniform. Tanus could tell he was green; he looked ready to wet himself.

“Okay, tell me who the chief officer here is. And make it quick because I have more of my men to pick up.”

The technician got out of Tanus’ grip and nodded, panting slightly. He looked as if he had just seen a ghost, and for all intents and purposes he had.

“General Halcor is the chief officer. If you need anything, ask him. He’s on the balcony directing the troop movements.”

Tanus nodded and motioned for his squad to follow him. They got in a turbolift and had it take them to the top level. The difference was only about one hundred feet, and when they got the top, the floor was alive with troopers and officials running back and forth between a large central holoprojector displaying the battle outside. A tall man with his fists resting on the table and his head barely visible through the pale blue holofeed looked up, and must have been surprised, Tanus thought, by five heavily armed Stormtroopers. He walked over and put his hands behind his back, stopping about one meter in front of Tanus.

“Well, its not every day we have Stormtroopers in our midst, so explain to me who you all are. It’s a mess out there and I have work and lives to get to.”

Tanus removed his helmet and saluted. The general immediately saluted back.

“With all due respect sir, we know what its like out there. We’re the troopers who are the new delegation guard. This is Blackjack squad, and I am their leader, Gunnery Sergeant Tanus Solvona. This is most of my squad. I sent the others up to a roadblock near the prisons. It’s becoming a nightmare out there.”

The general nodded. “I know, Sergeant, I know. It seem that these delegates are causing a lot more trouble than originally surmised. I was under the impression that the negotiations would be over soon.”

Tanus sighed. “No, their supposed to go through till the end of the week. What’s worse is that we just got here today, and based on all of these things going on right now, I doubt the delegates will make it through the end of the week, regardless of how much we protect them.”

The general walked back to the holoprojector and gave it one more look. He sighed and then turned back to Tanus.

“Well, I’m guessing you’re here for something, so spit it out already. I’m busy and my men are relying on me.”

Tanus nodded. “Okay, here it is: we need a spare vehicle, hopefully something in the tank family, because we’ll be needing it to get to my men. And if you can spare, we’ll be needing something with full cover.”

The general nodded and then pulled over a trooper, whispering something in his ear and sending him off. Tanus watched as he ran off and headed down the turbolift. He came to halt and ordered some technicians in the back room. Tanus’ attention was then called back to the general.

“Well sergeant, you have yourself a vehicle. If you can, try and return it in one piece. Just do me a favor and keep your men alive.”

Tanus saluted, as did the general. He turned around and headed back to the turbolift, followed by the others. Urakai leaned in close to Tanus.

“What do you think we got?”

Tanus shrugged. “I don’t know. We’ll see when we get down there.”

Upon getting down there, the rear doors opened up and lights started to flicker. When Tanus saw what rolled out, he started to smile: a 1-H heavy tank. Tanus gestured to the tank.

“Gentlemen, please keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times. We’re going to haul ass to the others, and I don’t expect to be holding anything back. So get ready.”

The five of them got in the tank and strapped themselves in and Tanus fired up the engines. He eased the throttle, and he was getting the go ahead from the technicians. The doors rolled open and Tanus lurched the tank forward, bringing them out into a golden sunset.

--- --- --- --- ---

When the tank rolled up to the roadblock, utter chaos was all that was seen. Fires had broken out in the streets, and bodies littered every nook and cranny. Tanus opened a channel to the others. The distinctive hiss of Alater was his answer.

“Thank the Gods you’re alive. What’s the situation?”

Alater hissed again. “Look outside! THAT’S the situation! They’re trying to storm the prison. I’d love to get over there, but I’m bogged down. I sent Gio over there to see if he can give them any support.”

Tanus swore and through the tank in full throttle and launched towards the prison. When he got there, bodies were in piles and the rioters just kept coming. Tanus brought the tank along side the rioters and turned towards Orobos.

“Get me an explosive solution on that crowd! NOW!”

Orobos punched in the coordinates and powered up the cannon. Next thing Tanus saw was a bright yellow blast of energy ripping into the ranks of the rioters, sending bodies into the air and a fireball into the sky. Tanus looked at his HUD and saw that he was being hailed.

“If you’re going to be using that tank, get it up here and help us! We can’t keep them out here for much longer!”

Tanus launched the tank forward into the remaining crowd. He came to a halt in front of the ledge where the guards were holding everyone back. Tanus turned to the others.

“Get out! We can better serve them from the outside! Go go go!”

They got up and jumped out of the tank, Orobos and Urakai covering their position with blaster fire aimed at the crowd. Zolos lobbed in a tear gas grenade. Tank ignited his Taser Stave, but Tanus stopped him.

“No, we can’t jeopardize the position. We need to get up there and give them fire support.”

Tanus turned and ran up the hill. When he got to the top, Gio greeted him. They didn’t exchange words; Tanus just nodded and ran for the nearest gun placement, opening fire on anything that moved. After several minutes the crowd around the prisons had started to fade out. Tanus then let go of the gun; the others were still firing off sporadic shots to keep the stragglers away. He turned around the Gio and clasped his shoulder.

“Good to see you back Gio. We’ll do full pleasantries later, but right now we need the Strikebreaker. Where is it?”

Gio nodded and motioned for the others to follow him. It was in the center of the complex, and guards were surrounding them.

“I told them if they let anyone on board save us, they’d have to deal with Alater.”

Tanus chuckled. “Good man Gio. Okay, everyone, mount up! We’re going down there to help Alater and Garryll. Move!”

They all got in the Strikebreaker; Tanus didn’t bother for them to get seated. As soon as everyone was on, he closed the door and lifted off the ground, hearing the repulsorlifts come to life. The vehicle shot out of the prison complex and towards the roadblock about a kilometer down. Tanus took a look out of the viewport and witnessed as another fireball erupted in the crowds. At first glance, it looked like a bad horror movie. But Tanus knew better. He swept in low and turned to the others.

“Okay, listen up. Zolos and Gio, you two take the other E-HWB and lend Alater and Garryll fire support. Urakai, take the grenade launcher and do the same. We’ll offer support where we can. Orobos and Tank, you stay on the cannons and lay down suppressing fire where you can. I’ll keep us circling from above. If we do this right, we may end all of this right now. GO!”

Tanus opened the bottom hatch doors and lowered the cannon, grenade launcher, a crate of various grenades, Gio, Urakai and Zolos to the ground. Tanus lifted back off and started his first pass.

“Orobos, Tank, open fire! Concentrate fire on the fringes of the group to hem them in. The others will take care of the rest.”

As he said that, another explosion rocked the air and ground around them. Tanus looked up at the sky and closed his eyes.

God, I hope I’m right.
SL/GSGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC][CoR][LoS]

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

BlackJackSquad

You gotta move fast to beat the Devil, your arms are too short to box with God. - Drunk Daddy, Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Urakai
ComNet Member

Urakai

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  351
Total Posts:  462
April 22, 2008 8:31:43 PM    View the profile of Urakai 
“Zolos, Gio, are you all right?” Tanus ask in the comlink, hoping for an answer.

“Yes sir!” Zolos laughed through the comlink, obviously finding it humorous, “Just Urakai having some fun with the launcher!”

Tanus relaxed in his seat a bit more and resumed his confident posture. Meanwhile, Zolos was quickly setting up the E-HWB while Gio was preparing to fire. Urakai, however, was lobbing grenade after the other, but ultimately wasn’t helping them with the crowd advancing on them.

“Hows that E-H’ gun going, guys!” Urakai asked, watching a launched grenade hit a man in the forehead and bounce off into the crowd.

“Almost done!” Zolos respond as he and Gio quickly loaded it.

Waves of rioters were at full pace after them, throwing metal pipes and other things that they could get their hands on. They were lucky the rioters were such bad shots, or else they’d already be frying and at the mercy of the ones that actually had blasters. Suddenly, the Strikebreaker circled around and swept over a wave. The hovering repulsorlifts force them all to the ground, if not, crushing them against each other.

“Go!” Zolos yelled.

As soon as this was said, an enormous array of blaster fire swept down, mowing everything in its path. Urakai quickly got behind Gio as he began to do a 360 degrees sweep. As he was doing this, rioters suddenly gripped Urakai and Zolos from behind. Urakai desperately tried to reach his vibro sword but failed. Using his legs, Zolos quickly hit a man in the head, stopping him from reaching Gio, but how long would that last?

Suddenly the Strikebreaker was heard behind them and the hovering breeze confirmed it. Then blaster shots were heard, ripping through the air and mowing down a load of rioters behind them all. Quickly breaking free, Urakai grabbed his sword and spun around, gashing one man in the throat and piercing another through the heart. While also firing his own blaster to help Urakai out, Zolos quickly pushed with Gio to turn the E-HWB around.

“Drop!” Gio yelled out at Urakai.

Knowing his intentions, Urakai quickly fell onto his back, letting his hands and armour absorb the shock. As Urakai fell to the ground, he looked up and saw half a clear blue sky and half a massive dark wave of clouds. It was a magnificent moment for a while, but then red blasts suddenly brought him back. Blasts ripped overhead of him, burning, exploding and mangling corpses.

Once it was finished, Urakai slowly got to his feat and looked around. In the roadblock area, bodies were littered everywhere he walked. A few stragglers could be seen running off in another direction. Others were just fleeing the blasts from the Strikebreaker. Urakai was a little deaf from the roars of the E-HWB but it soon returned to him. From the ravaged roadblock emerged two stormtroopers, walking out slowly to take a good look at the scene. As the strikebreaker roared to a stop, the hatch was opened. Urakai helped Gio and Zolos pack up the E-HWB before going over to where his squad was gathering, just outside of the strikebreaker.

“Took you all long enough.” Alater said with a grin.

“Looks like we arrived just in time to me.” Tanus replied with humour, “Alright, Alater, Gio and Urakai, head back down that road and retrieve the tank. We’ll need it for later on. Orobos, come with me, we’ll go and get some information and updates of the situations around the city. Garryll and Tank, guard the strikebreak. Let’s go.”

As Orobos jumped out of the strikebreaker and Garryll jumped in, Alater, Gio and Urakai headed down the street at a jogging pace. Their armoured boots clanked on the hard road as they ran down. On either side of the street were smashed windows or burning buildings.

One thing Urakai noticed was a small girl about the age of six or seven hanging out of a window, “This place really went to hell…”

“Yeah, and we’re right in the middle of it.” Alater responded.

As they neared where the tank was, small bangs and shouts could be heard.

“Come on, didn’t we just clean up this mess?!” Gio cursed under his helmet.

They were soon under the cover of the tank, but as they looked over it, sixty to seventy rioters could be seen from the outside of the prison complex. Some humans and other races could be seen in green suits, obviously prisoners.

“This is not good.” Gio said, quickly pulling his head back down.

“Well, at least they can’t see the tank over the rubble.” Urakai responded, trying to be optimistic.

They both could see Alater bore a grim face as he brought his comlink up to his mouth, “Tanus. They’re back at the prisons. Seems like while we were gone they overpowered the guards and militia forces there. Prisoners are escaping, but we have the tank. What do you want us to do?”

As Alater said this, the clouds above were directly over of them, leading to a massive downfall of dark, heavy rain.
Sergeant Urakai

BlackJack Squad
SGT Urakai/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [LoR] [RoM]

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... Then it's hilarious.
[This message has been edited by Urakai (edited April 22, 2008 8:35:42 PM)]
Orobos
ComNet Cadet

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  297
April 23, 2008 8:21:22 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos followed Tanus away from the strikebreaker and across the corpse strewn street. Large black blotches on the road indicated were bombs and such had landed and went off. Out of the corner of his eye Orobos could see a few people darting from building to building trying to escape the stormtroopers without being noticed. The comlink in his ear crackled and Orobos stopped beside Tanus as Alater started to speak.

"Tanus. They’re back at the prisons. Seems like while we were gone they overpowered the guards and militia forces there. Prisoners are escaping, but we have the tank. What do you want us to do?”

"Ambush them," Tanus replied,"You should be able to wipe them out quickly by surprising them with a tank."

Alater hissed in reply and Orobos could imagine the grin on Alaters face at the prospect of the murder to come. Tanus and Orobos continued on through the streets till they reached a small command centre set up half a mile or so back from the roadblock. There were tables covered in maps and a small radio long ranged all set up around an APC. Tanus approached the man who was sitting at the radio. The man sitting at the radio handed a note to the man behind him before turning his attention to Tanus and Orobos. Before Tanus could say anything a short thin man came forward his rank of Sergeant displayed on the sleeve of his uniform.

"What can I do for you sir?" the man said to Tanus,

"I need you to patch me through to General Halcor," Tanus said,

"Yes sir," The short Sergeant said before turning to the radioman who was still staring up at the stormtroopers,"You heard the man," He shouted a little hysterically,"Get General Halcor."

The radioman jumped before switching frequencies and moving up to the microphone.

"This is command post seventeen at shetfordon prison, we have to stormtroopers here who want to speak to general," there was a pause before the radio-man turned back to Tanus,"He's here and flipped a switch on his radio."

"This is General Halcor, Go ahead Sergeant,"

"We need information General on any further situations around the city," Tanus said,

"The rioters have gathered again outside the city hall again, one of our smaller police stations have been overrun and the armoury looted. Several other command posts are under attack. There are massive fires all over the west side of the cit to top all that off as well."

"Eh, Roger that General, Tanus out," Tanus said into the microphone before he was cut off.

"Think we can handle all that then boss?" Orobos asked a grin playing across his face,

"Lets just get back to the others first."

BlackJack Squad
Beag ach Fíochmhar
Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  203
Total Posts:  2159
April 23, 2008 8:18:33 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates fingered the trigger guard of the set-up E-HWB, Tank on the other gun.

"I hate baby sittn'," grumbled the trigger-happy sergeant. "It's like R & R with no damn sleep."

Tank threw a look over. "Least we're not getting shot at," he said optimistically.

"That's, 'Least we're not getting shot at, sir," corrected Gates sarcastically.

"Right, sarge," Tank replied, a grin in his voice.

At that point, the rain started. Gates tapped into the local command channels. The militia were inconsistent; uptown, they held on to the major police stations and prisons and armories, but downtown was a hell. The forces were spread thin and had little to no support.

Already, a trio of small prisons and the large prison that had been the focal point of resistance had fallen. But the stormies were back, and they had a tank...

Gates found himself drifting off at the buzz of communication, then shook himself awake. "Sarge," said Tank behind him, "I've got a few contacts."

Gates looked at his scanners. "Damn. If they take this tank we might as well kiss our asses goodbye. Range?"

"200 meters and closing slowly. Looks like a looter crowd mixed with the fanatics."

"Copy. Gimmie some cover, I'm settin' up a mine field. Move the Striker back a few yards, give 'em one way to come to us."

"yes sir," the lance copied, ran over to the pilot's seat, and started fiddling with the controls; the StrikeBreaker moved a few yards back into small parking lot in front of an abandoned warehouse. Gates hopped out, grabbing a crate of grenades and remote dets.

He ran to the mouth of the lot, and strung together a few dozen grenades, then stuck a detonator to them and threw them into the street. He did this four times, then dropped a couple more on the way back.

"Tank, man that gun. And help me move this one."

The two soldiers snapped the E-HWB apart, moving the gun to the side of the strikebreaker facing the street.

Gates manned his gun, and Tank did the same on his. Finally, the looters came around the corner, spotted the tank, and started firing some slug throwers and blasters. "Let 'em have it, corporal," Gates ordered, firing his gun, and carefully watching his datapad that depicted the locations of his grenade mines....
BlackJack Squad-Sergeant, Heavy Weapons

TRP/SGTGates/Trooper/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE/Tadath

He, who heard the sound of thy holy trumpet, and took not warning. He hath clearly wandered too far from the word of God. Your hour has come. Let's get it on, Big Boy. It's time to get back on the path.

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1045
Total Posts:  1305
April 23, 2008 10:00:18 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Between the sounds of the blaster fire, the angry yelling of the rioters and prisoners, and the constant barking of orders and updates over the comlink, Gio could barely hear himself think.

I get back from home to this. Whatever happened to the welcome wagon? The only thing he regretted more than having to leave for Coruscant and having to deal with family issues was missing out on all of this. It just seemed a little sudden, especially since upon returning he noticed many things had changed in the Vast Empire.

Squads were eliminated, and moved around, and in their wake other groups had been established. Friends retired, were awarded medals, sustained injuries, and drank heartily and he hadn't been there to share in the experience. As much as he loved his parents back home, the Army was his family. There were brothers and sisters in the corps, and he hadn't gotten to see what was new with their lives.

Looking around at the war torn city around him, there was a lingering possibility that he may not have the chance.

Alater's hiss brought him back to reality.

"There's the tank. Quickly, before the prisoners take notice!" He couldn't see the mob, but he could hear it. The sound of pounding feet was like rolling thunder in his ears. A quick shot of adrenaline sent his muscles over the edge.

Slinging his rifle behind his back, he leaped up onto the heavy fortified steel frame of the tank. He opened the top hatch and slid in quickly, reaching for the control panel and groping in the low light for the right buttons and levers.

Jackpot. With the flick of a switch the tank was brought to life. The targeting system and the screen in front of him blinded him temporarily, before the polarized visor lens in his helmet compensated for the change in brightness.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a blur of white and black jump in and take control of the weapon systems. A pair of claws could be heard stomping around outside. They were all on board.

"Alright ladies, hang on to your helmets."

Taking a hold of the steering mechanism and tilting it back, Giovanni backed the tank up and put some distance between him and the rubbled wall.

"Uh, Gio, i'm pretty sure you're going the wrong way... i"

"Cut the chatter. Keep your finger on the trigger and clear the way for the tank," Gio interrupted. He had a plan. Whether anyone else realized that was a moot point.

He tilted the handles forward and the tank roared and shot forward with surprising speed. The wall approached faster than Giovanni could dodge it, but then again, getting around it was never his intention at all.

The tank easily managed the wall and shot forward into the crowd of prisoners, their small arms fire bouncing harmlessly off of the armor plated behemoth.

The low thud of the tank's main gun was accentuated by the staccato sound of the mounted gun, manned by Alater.

The rioters fell like tin soldiers as wave after wave of blaster fire caught them, mangled them, and dropped them on the ground. Their blood was mixing with the rain, now coming down harder than before. Pretty soon, they began to fall back. Some prisoners managed to scatter and take off in the opposite direction.

"Someone else'll take care of them."
Sergeant First Class Giovanni A. Bryden 

TRP/SFC Giovanni Bryden/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/
[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
Alater
ComNet Member

Alater

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  475
Total Posts:  614
April 24, 2008 7:55:42 PM    View the profile of Alater 
Alater eyed the few remaining prisoners as they tried to bolt between the monster of a tank and the wall that had been made by its entrance into the courtyard. The heavy machine gun mounted atop the tank unleashed a roaring storm of blaster bolts into the bodies of fleeing detainees. None of them lasted very long, and the courtyard was nearly empty when Alater noticed a sort of rumbling coming from the insides of the small compound. The prisoner's cages must have failed.

"The birds are out of the cage!" Alater barked down into the interior of the tank.

The response was a series of muffled curses and some scuffling as Giovanni removed himself from the driver's spot to give command of the vehicle over to Urakai. Gio emerged from the hatch of the tank, Taserstave in hand.

"What you wanna do Alater?" Gio asked the ASL as he cranked up the setting on his weapon.

"We've got to secure that prison. One riot with one purpose is one thing, but two separate mobs is not my ideal Hunt. Moving inside we have the complete advantage with both our armor and our tactics. No mercy, put them all down." Alater said, powering his own weapon as he lept from the armored vehicle.

Gio and Alater sprinted to the main entrance to the prison, doors that seemed to be caving from the inside as if somebody was making a half-hearted attempt to break it but had recently stopped. Alater watched as Urakai moved the tank into a position that would allow for the one man crew to eliminate any sort of opposition that might escape. With a nod to Gio, Alater slammed his huge shoulder through the door.

Immediately the two stormtroopers spread out to cover the most area. Small waves of prisoners made cautious attacks against the two men, but their advanced armor made any sort regular melee attack pointless and their Taserstaves, set to kill, swept aside the would-be assailants. As they stormed through the small building, a more organized force seemed to gather in small three or four man groups to attack them from afar to no avail. Small arms fire bounced off their armor from such longer ranges, the weapons obviously confiscated from the overrun prison security.

Now moving on opposite sides of the prison, each on the second level, Alater and Gio were making considerable progress against pacifying the prison when a large blast of the main tank's gun cut through the small group that had gathered in the lower floor of the prison. Obviously somebody had thought that attacking the main gun of a large tank was a smart idea. Somewhere his ashes were floating in the sky. Alater motioned for Gio to continue just as he cracked open the skull of another pitiful scum.
ASL/SGT Alater Osted /2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE/Tadath [EW1] [ES1] [SoH] [[VUA-Eclipse]] [ROC:HW] [AS-6M] [IG] [RoM] [BC] [LoS] [AS-1Y]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

"That light at the end of the tunnel is not Death, it's me, and a train." -Alater
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1046
April 24, 2008 8:32:27 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
They weren’t all total idiots. The sight of some of their companions being tossed aside like rag dolls did nothing for their morale, and soon enough, many of them put down their guns and just tried to stay the hell out of Gio and Alater’s way. Giovanni wished they’d all try to fight. At least it would make things a little more interesting.

“This is like shooting mynocks in a barrel” complained Giovanni. He was irritated. What was the point of killing when the victims never had a chance to start with. He wanted a challenge.

An explosion rocked the building and damn near knocked him over. He waved the debris off of his visor and looked down to the first level of the prison, noticing that the wall to the left of where they had entered was no longer.

“Urakai must be trigger happy.” He grunted, got up, and continued to sweep the second level. Alater was making more progress than he had, effectively herding the few prisoners with some kind of intellect back into their cells, and obliterating any who were non-compliant. Giovanni, lacking in size and sheer animal brutality, kept his pace. He turned his staff off and struck an unlucky thug right in the teeth. Just then, a barrage of rocks and other debris from the explosion just a few moments earlier was flying at him.

“Those bastards are throwing rocks at me,” he was only mildly amused, but his amusement quickly turned to irritation, as the other prisoners realized this was a strategy that actually had some kind of effect on the heavily armored storm troopers.  The lighter rocks merely bounced off and impaired his movement a little. His swings were also connecting less now, as instead of charging at him, the prisoners were now backing up and picking up and throwing whatever they could find littered about the floor of the second level.

The heavier rocks, however…

One caught Giovanni and he had to lean on his staff to regain his balance. He was embarrassed. Alater was almost done with his side of the prison. Had he really been out that long, that he couldn’t dish out death as readily as he had with his previous squad? It surely wasn’t the age. If anything, Giovanni hadn’t even hit his prime. At 24 years old, he looked forward to a long and illustrious career.

“To hell with this,” he closely examined the prisoners. He had one thing they lacked. Armor.

Turning off his staff, he leaned over, and picked up a chunk of mortar and steel blasted by the tank. Heaving it with all of his strength, he caught a fat man in prison attire right between the eyes. The pool of blood on the floor confirmed his kill. Sure it was only one less man to worry about, but the psychological effect of seeing the man in front of you get his face crushed in with a well-placed throw cannot be ignored.

A few broke rank and pondered whether they could make it to ground level past Alater. Anyone that knows anything about Alater, and the way he conducts himself in the heat of battle, knows that these prisoners never saw daylight, or anything else for that matter, again.

Now done with his share, Alater came behind Giovanni’s group and went to work. It was in this fashion that a great number of criminals, low-lives, smugglers, dirty politicians, and overall scum met their match on a rainy day, on some faraway planet.

However, the only thought on Giovanni’s mind was this:

“Alater picked up my slack. He’s never gonna let me live this down.”

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms.
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Cadet

Tanus Solvona

Post Number:  245
April 25, 2008 7:13:43 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus put down the radio and turned around the Zolos and Orobos: both their armor and their weapons looked like they’d been thrown into a mud pit. It was caked with a combination of dirt, carbon scoring and blood. He was proud of all of them; for a first mission, this had been hell, but they did very well. He put his helmet back on and grabbed his rifle. The others quickly followed suit. Tanus commed in to Alater.

“Alater, its Tanus. Listen to me. There is a lot more going on that we need to handle, specifically City Hall, which is currently being over run. If this keeps up, we’ll have to pull the plug on this mission before the week ends, maybe even in the next few days. When you’re done in the prisons, I want you to take the tank over to the security depot near the prison and leave it there. We’ll pick you three up in the Strikebreaker when you’re all set.”

Tanus heard a hiss, followed by gunshots and a muffled scream.

“You got it. See you in thirty.”

Tanus nodded. He motioned for the others to hurry up. The distance between the outpost and the Strikebreaker was just under a kilometer, and Tanus had a feeling that they would run into some trouble before long. He kept his rifle poised and ready, the shoulder stock wedged into his armpit. He had left his R-88 in the Strikebreaker; he figured since social order had all but broken down at this point, what was the point in keeping another gun on him? They ran back to the Strikebreaker, stopping every so often to take up cover just in case there were any rioters around. After about thirty seconds, they moved out and advanced another 50 feet. Eventually, they came within sight of the Strikebreaker, but what Tanus saw he didn’t like: it was surrounded. He radioed in to Alater:

“Alater, its me. Get the tank to where the Strikebreaker is. We have a slight problem, in the form of a large circle of angry rioters. We could use some backup.”

A small bit of static followed by a hiss confirmed that the message had gone through.

“Aye, you got it. We’re coming down now. Expect us soon.”

Tanus knelt down and got behind a stone barricade. He raised his rifle and looked to his left and right; Zolos and Orobos had taken up similar positions. He flipped the switch on his rifle to ‘single’ and looked down the sight. He got a rioter in his crosshairs and pulled the trigger. A bolt sailed into the back of his head, and he dropped to the ground. At that point, the back row of rioters saw Tanus and the others. They started to move toward him. Tanus them switched the rifle to ‘full auto’ and took aim. A got up and started moving back. He started firing selective bursts into the crowd, dropping rioters in groups of four at a time. He slammed a new power pack into his rifle as he started to move back, but soon found himself against a wall. He shouldered his rifle and took out his taser stave and ignited it; it didn’t seem to faze any of the rioters. They kept getting closer and closer, and Tanus felt the occasional hit of a rock against his armor. Just as they were about to close in, the tank appeared to Tanus’ right. He looked over and sighed in relief. Unfortunately, they didn’t seem to see Tanus. The tank’s main cannon leveled at the group. Tanus swore as the cannon fired, launching an orange projectile into the crowd. The shockwave knocked Tanus into the air and several feet back, skidding across the ground. He came to a halt and opened his eyes as he saw someone getting out of the tank. He blinked his eyes and saw that Gio had propped him up against the wall; Tanus also noticed that his helmet had been blown off. Gio handed him the helmet.

“Looks like you had fun. Did you bring home something for the kids?” he asked sarcastically.

Tanus merely scoffed. “Just get the tank to the outpost and meet us at the Strikebreaker. We’re going to city hall and then to the delegates.”

Tanus walked over to the Strikebreaker and took his seat at the controls and powered up. He waited for the others to get there. After about five minutes they took their positions and Tanus lifted of into the twilit sky.

--- --- --- --- ---

They arrived at the city hall, where rioters and corpses controlled much of the street. Tanus brought the Strikebreaker in low enough to survey the situation. It was the typical scene that they had been to all before, with the exception that the Town Hall had a pretty well set up defense, with various antipersonnel and anti-vehicle turrets set up in banks of three. The doors were closed and guarded by several marines, while two tanks were off to the sides, blocking the street entrances from being breached. Tanus counted at least five hundred soldiers in the area. The shouting was beginning to him. He turned to the others.

“Well gentlemen, it’s been one hell of a day, but we finally did it. Lets head to the delegates and do what we came here for. We can get some rest too.”

Tanus blasted off towards the complex where the delegates were staying. He landed the Strikebreaker on the roof and walked out with the rest of the squad. A soldier with a rather large rifle stopped them. Another soldier took him by the shoulder and pulled him aside:

“Don’t worry. They’re with us; they’re the guard detail.”

Both nodded to him and Tanus nodded back and had the others follow him inside. They went down several flights of stairs before coming to their floor. When they walked out the door, Tanus saw three guards raise their guns towards the squad. Tanus removed his helmet and put it aside.

“Relax. We’re here to relieve you guys for the time being. Take your gear and head downstairs for new orders.”

The men obliged and walked by them without a word. Tanus then turned to the squad and spread his arms out.

“Gentlemen, this is where we’ll be staying. Now, we’re going to have guard duty in shifts of two, and we’ll switch off every four hours. The staff will bring food for us. There are beds in the room to the right, and the desk is the main security checkpoint. Urakai and Gio, you two are up first. As for the rest of you, grab some rest. Alater and Zolos will be the next shift, followed by Orobos, Tank and myself. After that, we’ll see what needs to be done in the morning after we talk to them. I don’t really feel like doing do right now. Dismissed.”

Tanus grabbed his helmet and walked into the room. There were several cots waiting for them, and while Tanus knew that it wasn’t five-star living, he also knew it was better than sleeping in the Strikebreaker. He took off his armor, but kept his weapons in arms reach. Then he sat down and laid back and closed his eyes. Within minutes, he was fast asleep.
SL/GSGT Tanus Solvona/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES1][LM][BC][CoR][LoS]

BlackJackSquad

You gotta move fast to beat the Devil, your arms are too short to box with God. - Drunk Daddy, Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1050
April 27, 2008 10:23:08 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
While everyone else refueled, settled down, and took brief naps on the cots in the makeshift headquarters the guards had set up for them in the city hall, Giovanni and Urakai went out on their watch.

His arms heavy and fatigued from swinging the staff like a maniac at rioters and prisoners alike, another few hours of consciousness was the last thing Giovanni had in mind when he pulled in with the rest of Blackjack. Melee combat wasn’t really his cup of tea, and aside from putting a man or other sentient being in an arm lock after having thrown him flat on his back, he fell back to his guns to do the talking for him.

However, he wasn’t one to complain. They were all tired, and beaten, and the rainy conditions weren’t making this mission any more of a walk in the park.

“Hey, Urakai.” Gio put his helmet down and took a sip of the hot drink the staff had brought the squad. He needed something to reinvigorate him and keep his energy levels high for his upcoming shift.

The sergeant turned around and gave a nod. He seemed tired as well, and not in any mood to chit chat.

The rain was still coming down hard. He could tell from the rumble outside, as he had just left the room where his squad was resting and begun to patrol one of the stairwells leading outside.  The whole place was eerily quiet, which ironically helped Giovanni stay on his toes. He felt more comfortable in the middle of a firefight than he did in a very quiet, brightly lit stairwell, with nothing but the rumble of the rain outside, the snores of his comrades, and his heartbeat to remind him that he still possessed a sense of hearing.

It was an uneventful watch. And once again, he wasn’t one to complain. He wasn’t sure how he would handle yet another stress situation when he was so close to crashing from lack of sleep and alcohol. Not to mention his time off hadn’t allowed him any hours to stay battle-ready. He was starting to hate going back to Coruscant. Each and every time he came back, he felt like a newbie.

More disturbingly, this time back, he felt like a deserter. In theory, he could justify his leaving with the fact that there was yet another family emergency that he had to go back and attend to. But at the same time, had he not left his budding family as well? He took off without so much as saying goodbye to Jester squad.

Clearly there were many things he had to straighten out once they got back to Tadath, but before he could muse on about it, he passed Urakai on the stairwell for what must have been the one-hundred and eighth time and was notified that their shift was over. The two weary men walked down towards the squad’s room and took their helmets off. Already there were two able troopers, rustling through their equipment and readying themselves for their shift. Giovanni made a bee line for the food and drinks and began to nod off.

It was time to turn in and get some well-needed rest.

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

Orobos
ComNet Cadet

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  299
April 28, 2008 3:46:38 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos awoke at the sound of Gio and Urakai coming in from their shift. He heard Zolos groan slightly and get up. Alater was up and moving towards the door making to sound apart from his talons tapping on the marble floor. He heard the door shut and the clacking of armoured feet faded away as the pair walked further down the corridor. Orobos drifted back off into a light sleep.

An hour or so later Orobos woke again. The fires still burning outside caste a flickering light into the room as well as the dim lights out in the hall which shone in under the crack in the door. Orobos dragged himself out from the bed and stood up rubbing his eyes the the hell of his hand.

He walked out of the room and down the hall to find something to eat. His armour sat swinging awkwardly from his frame and his E-11 hanging loosely from it's holster. He had his helmet in one hand. He reached a large room which had been converted into a temporary mess hall for the amount of officers keeping guard.

There was no one else in the room but there was some light coming from an open door. Orobos walked through to find a dozen or so people in chefs uniforms. One of them stood up grabbing for a large knife but then realised it was a Stormtrooper.

"Hey," Orobos said to the man,"Can I get anything to eat?"

The man nodded. He grabbed a large ladle and dished out some soup from a large dish. It contained some meat and some sort of local mushrooms. Orobos sat with the staff and ate his meal before returning to the stormtroopers room. He passed Alater who just blinked at him in response to his hi.

Orobos walked in trying to be as quiet as possible managing not to wake any of his squad-mates. He sat back down and rolled over trying to get back to sleep.

BlackJack Squad
Beag ach Fíochmhar
Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  207
May 1, 2008 6:17:39 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Orobos, unfortunately, rolled a tad bit too far; he hit Gates' cot. The brash non-com leaped from his bed, yelling as if under attack.

"What the hell is the problem, sergeant?!" Tanus grumpily yelled at the soldier who'd just woken the entire squad.

"I'm sorry, sir," the soldier twitched. "I thought we were under attack and I needed to be awake."

"Can it and go back to sleep."

"Sir!" the embarrassed man straightened, then kneeled and pulled several pieces of his armor from its case. He grabbed some cleaner and a rag too, as well as his sidearm. He then shuffled out the door, leaving the armor plates right outside.

He went to the mess as well, and got the same soup, paying a couple credits for some caf as well. He then walked back to the barracks where they were staying, and put his soup, caf, and armor on a table.

He began to buff out the dozens of scuffs and dents and damaged paint of his urban-camo shock trooper armor, eating at the same time.

He re-applied some camo paint to the most damaged areas, and tried to pull all the flattened slugs off the armor as well.

He lit up a cigar half way through his work, smoking and cleaning whilst he waited for his guard's rotation to be up.

He, who heard the sound of thy holy trumpet, and took not warning. He hath clearly wandered too far from the word of God. Your hour has come. Let's get it on, Big Boy. It's time to get back on the path.

No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am... you'll all be dead before you've reloaded.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.
Zolos
ComNet Novice

Zolos

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  48
Total Posts:  56
May 4, 2008 12:43:20 AM    View the profile of Zolos 
Zolos woke up at the sound of footsteps approaching. He out up, stretched and wore his armor. He got out of the room and went with Alater to the stairwell. It was quiet. Very different from the battle they had earlier. But the building wasn't necessary dark because of the night. Bright lights filled every spot. The building would be bright always, no matter if it's day or night, its inside was always in a white color.

It was raining. The rumble of the rain outside wasn't helping Zolos stay awake. He didn't have all his sleep today, just like the Academy. Fortunately, nobody came from the stairs, so all he had to do was just standing there.

After his shift was over, he went up the stairs and followed the corridor where their room was. He went past it to see if he could find something to eat. As he was walking slowly, he came accross a man.

"Hey, is there any food available now?"Zolos asked him.

"Yes, follow me", the man replied.

He guided Zolos in a relatively big room with a lot of tables. Zolos took a seat near the exit and the man entered a door. After a few minutes, he returned with some soup. It was warm and it looked delicious, so Zolos ate it all in a few minutes. The soup was very different than he used to eat but, it had a good taste and Zolos was pretty hungry, so he didn't have much choice.

Then he went back to the room they were staying.  He took off his armor and took a piece of cloth and rubbed it for a while. Then he put it near his bed and went to bed, slowly dozing off.
Private Zolos
TRP/PVT Zolos/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1BAT/1REG/VEA/VE/Tadath
Hey, I want a Pascal-made app that cooks chinese!
BlackJack Squad
TX-47
ComNet Initiate

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  134
May 8, 2008 4:20:12 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
Tank was greatful for the brief respite of sleep he was finally allowed.  Waking refreshed he joined Alhzen, who was already hard at work fixing his armor.  "Fun trip, huh?" Tank said as he started work on his own kit.

"Insane is more like it; hopefully things'll get better.  But I won't hold my breath."

Tank nodded silently, not admitting to his mixed feelings about the mission.  He was simply glad they were still all alive.

Finishing his kit, "I'm about done here; you?"

"All done and ready for some grub!  What do you feel like?  Soup or sandwiches seem to be the best they have here."

"Sandwiches,and lots of'em!" Tank replied looking like he'd happily eat a live gundark.

Alhzen hit the comm by the door, "Two large platters of sandwiches; we've a mob of hungry troopers up here!" he proclaimed with a grin.

After only a couple minutes' small talk one of the kitchen staff arrived and set the trays of food on the nearest table.  The cook started to leave but turned and lunged at Alhzen's back with a vibrodagger!  Tank saw this and leapt up and off the table, launching himself at the assassin!

Swinging his left arm in an arc knocked the blade flying; the next instant Tank's torso collided with the attacker's!  Orobos and Tanus piled on top of the heap, forcefully wrestling the assailant into submission.

Alhzen slaps stuncuffs on the prisoner as Tanus starts his own brand of interrogation and Tank retrieves the weapon (and his impaled lunch) from the wall, then eats it (the sandwich) as the cook spills it for Tanus...
BlackJack Squad
Lance Corporal Baraka "Tank" Kodex
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1054
May 10, 2008 1:23:44 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
Giovanni was woken up by the scuffle and he wasn’t happy. If it wasn’t for the fact that tank had damn near flipped his cot over trying to wrestle this mysterious figure, he’d probably still be asleep.

By the time his vision had come back into focus and he had yawned and stretched a handful of times, the interrogation had already begun. Urakai was also awake in the cot adjacent to his. He also looked beat.

The captive man, still clad in a chef’s uniform was holding his arm, which lay limp across his side. No doubt, Tank had gone to work on him.

Tanus, Alater, Tank and Gates were all facing the newly-made prisoner of war, guns in hand, and eager to dish out punishment if they were met with even the slightest hint of resistance.

Giovanni yawned one last time, and looked over to Urakai as he headed out, presumably to get a bite to eat. The sergeant closed the door behind him, to keep prying eyes out of the room. The sounds of the fight had attracted a few soldiers as well as some staff from the dining commons.

Giovanni’s attention switched back to the interrogation and Alater, who he could tell was having an immensely hard time keeping himself from ripping this man’s windpipe in one calculated swipe of his claw. Tanus on the other hand was keeping his composure: the trademark of a good squad leader. After all, someone had to keep a level head.

“Just kill me now,” spoke the chef. “If I tell you a thing, the boss will kill my family.” His eyes started to well up with water and his bottom lip began to quiver.

“Chief, if you don’t tell us right now who you put up to this, we’ll send a couple star destroyers and blow up your whole city.” Giovanni towered over him and summoned his most menacing tone. He was totally bluffing, but in his heightened state of fear, the chef bought it. He broke down and confessed it all.

“Well, that was easy,” He scoffed and stumbled half-asleep to his cot, put on his boots and holstered a pistol. “I’m gonna get some chow and find Urakai.”

His squad leaders nodded, but the rest hardly paid any attention. They were too busy jotting down names and addresses. Whoever had put him up to the task of delivering this deadly message to Blackjack squad was obviously a little peeved and had taken notice of the dust this group of storm troopers was kicking up all over town. This crime boss was trying to use threats and coercion to sway the delegates. Gio and the rest of Blackjack, however, had other ideas. Now with the situation almost under control, the Boss’ only chance was to eliminate the urban warfare squad and plunge the capital city back into chaos.

-------------------------

The crowd outside the door of their room had been cleared long ago. The few soldiers and staff members that were enjoying a mediocre meal of soup and bread had long ago returned to their posts, back to the street level where the wreckage of cars and all other types of debris sat smoldering, partially extinguished by the torrential downpour that had, for the moment, let up.

Giovanni walked into the dining commons and sat down, placing his head in his hands. Someone walked up, placed a bowl of soup in front of him, and walked away after a few moments, apparently annoyed at the stressed soldier’s lack of manners. He lifted his head up and looked down at the soup, moving his spoon through it, trying to decipher just what the hell was in this bubbling liquid.

He looked around, saw no-one. “that’s funny,” he said slowly to himself. He brought a spoonful of the soup up to his lips and stopped himself when a sound coming from the stairwell outside caught his attention.

He put the spoon down and turned just in time to see a pair of legs kicking frantically, clad in the black fatigues of the VE, being dragged up the stairs. With no regard for anyone’s safety, including his own, he leapt up over his table and knocked down the bowl of soup. As he approached the door, some thug with a club in his hand stood between Gio and his exit out of the mess hall.

The two made eye contact, and the thug, some humanoid species with burn marks across the left side of his face brought the club down. Giovanni tried to sidestep, but wasn’t fast enough as the club made contact and brought a dull, burning pain to his right shoulder. He had struck first, but this left the thug wide open. Giovanni slipped his left arm under the man’s left armpit, and secured an underhook. A swift hip throw followed by a strike to the temple put the thug out of commission.

He ran up the stairs as fast as he could, with the sounds of Urakai’s struggling and the shuffling of footsteps seemingly just out of his reach. He didn’t want to even think about what could happen to his fellow squad member if they didn’t get him back. Prisoners of war weren’t always treated with love and respect.

His thighs felt like they were about to explode, but he pushed on and made it to the top floor of the city hall. He searched frantically but saw no-one. They had gotten away.

The whispers of the city: the crackling of the fires, the distant pops and hisses of blaster fire, the dull thump of concussive grenades…

It all sounded off ominously.

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

TX-47
ComNet Initiate

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  139
May 15, 2008 2:23:49 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
The building shock from the force of so many grenades hitting the building at once.  BlackJack Squad was fully awake now!

Tanus glanced out the window cautiously & darts back "Damn!  They're trying to blast their way in with grenades!" he spat as he quicly donned his armor.  "Zolos take Orobos and Tank to get the Strikebreaker!  Make it quick; the enemy has an armored vehicle incoming!  The rest of you are with me! Gates, grab Gio's kit"

"Sir!" was the squad's answer.  Zolos took his team down the hall toward the Strikebreaker as Tanus led his men to the mess. 

When Tanus got there many humanoid thugs using Sergeant First Class Giovanni Bryden as their punchbag; Tanus and Alater dropped to one knee as they took aim, Gates raised his E-11/F Selective fire blaster rifle and squeezed the trigger "KA-POW!  KA-POW!" the chorus of blasterfire rang out!  Several smoking corpses hit the floor; the only thug left stading was the one holding Gio; he gently lowered the battered stormtrooper to the ground and raised both hands.

Tanus set to stun and shot twice.  After a medkit or two, Gio was looking for payback and quickly donned his armor...

Thank heavens security was able to hold the garage at least! Tank thought as he powered up the mighty war machine.

"Sgt. Solvana?  Zolos here; we have the Strikebreaker ready!  Orders?"

"Take out the enemy artillery-vehicle; we'll get the delagates!  Over and out!"

"All right, Tank, lets move it!"

"A pleasure" Tank says evilly...

A lone Theta-class imperial shuttle enters the atmosphere of the embattled world, unescorted yet watched.

On approach to the city damage and chaos was evident almost everywhere.  After navigating the skyscrapers, the shuttle began its final approach.  Without warning dozens of small rockets and missiles launched from windows of the tallest office buildings!  The shuttle started evasive maneuvers but some struck the hull brutally!  Billowing flames and black smoke, the small transport struggled to resume course...

Bringing the Strikebreaker around the building revealed a sight that turned Tank's blood cold!  A Candorus Heavy Tank, one of only a few vehicles with enough firepower to challenge an AT-AT, or a Strikebreaker.

"Fire!" Zolos ordered and they did!  Tank opened fire with both Heavy repeating blasters as Zolos brought the four Medium laser cannons and Orobos cut loose with the Grenade mortar!

"The Candorus Heavy Tank's shields collapsed under the barrage, but the armor was holding.  As the turret rotated to aim the mass-driver cannons at the Strikebreaker Tank quickly moved the vehicle to come around the enemy tank before it could line up a shot!  Zolos and Orobos kept the pressure up, firing as the Strikebreaker circled.

They never saw it coming.

The blazing wreck of the shuttle crashed into the Canderous-class assault tank, erupting in a massive explosion!  The footsoldiers and thugs closest to ground zeero were either engulfed in the inferno or ripped to shreds by the shrapnel; charred body parts went flying in all directions!

The Strikebreaker was slammed sideways!  Unable to control the vehicle's motion, the Strikebreaker's left side hit and crushed the bodies of the attackers' second wave, not stopping until the Strikebreaker hit the next building!

Tank was the first to recover "Ow."  Stretching a few kinks out, "Zolos?  You okay?"

"*groan* Yeah, I think so.  Orobos?  Still with us back there?"

"I'm gonna need a drink after this.."

"Status report?"

"I'm checking now.  The Strikebreaker seems to be intact and fully operational.  I'll still want to do a more thorough systems check as soon as we get a chance."

"Noted."  Changing comm chanels, "Tanus?  Can you hear me?"  A burst of static wails up and down in pitch.

"Zolos?  What the hell happened out ...re?"

"Not sure yet, but the assault appears to have been terminated when the artillery blew."

"........ .........., get the Strikebreaker back hear as soon as you're a..e.  We have the del...tes.  Tanus out."

As the vehicle disloged from the gory paste in the building's wound, Orobos saw three parachutes.  "Zolos, we seem to have, reinforcements?"

"Where, Orobos?"

"Three in parachutes.  Looks like a trooper in the same armor as ours and two VE pilots. We better hurry; they're about to come down in a mob!"

Thinking fast, "Floor it, Tank!"  Speeding down the street Tank activates the Strikebreaker's Stun barricade before ramming the mob; clearing a path and sending bodies flying!  Those not hit by the Strikebreaker Riot Control Vehicle are picking themselves up off the ground.

As the survivors descend to the ground they open fire on the rest of the thugs and rioters.  On the ground the pilots quicly free themselves from their parachutes' harnesss, then help the trooper.

Orobos opens the rear hatch, "Welcome to Balmorra!" Orobos belts out.

"Private First Class Daesha reporting for duty!" the Trooper salutes.  "The pilots did what they could for the shuttle, but I'm afraid it's a total loss, sir!"

Orobos returns the salute, "I'm Senior Sergeant Orobos, all of you should come with us.  Gunnery Sergeant Tanus Solvona, our SL, will want to meet you."

Resealing the hatch after the pfc and pilots, they hurry to rendezvous with Tanus...
BlackJack Squad
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  214
May 15, 2008 3:48:49 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates readied his rifle, following second in line of the stromtroopers as they ran towards the delegates' quarters. The building was across a road. "Sergeant, get that APC that was in the main hanger. And get it now, we need to RV with Tank, Orobos and Zolos pretty soon with the strikebreaker!"

"On it Chief!" The junior non-com ran back, tapping a couple of MP's on the shoulder and a couple men in the uniforms of pilots. The five men made their way to the hanger, where Gates directed the pilots to the APC and two armed speeders, and the MP's to mount the speeders' turrets. He climbed into the APC's turret.

"Pilot! Here are the co-ordinates of the delegates, get us there ASAP!"

"Copy, sir."

The three vehicle convoy sped out of the hanger, then took a sharp turn to the delegate's private building. The APC screeched to a halt, and the other stormtroopers piled in. Several of the delegates close-in body guards also joined the party, taking seats in the speeders, having realized the elite stormtroopers were much better armed and armored and all-around capable of protecting their charges.

Tanus tapped the pilot on the back of his helmet. "Here's the place we're meeting the rest of our squad, get us there."

"Yes, sir!" The pilot nodded. The two speeders took up escort positions, and the rest of the squad readied weapons for an inevitable fire fight.

Gates fingered the triggers of the APC's turret, awaiting more orders.

[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited May 22, 2008 12:10:19 AM)]
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  305
May 18, 2008 12:53:49 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Once everyone was in the Strikebreaker Tank gunned it forward. Everyone took up positions at the turrets and turned them around ready to meet any threat. Buildings whizzed by. A lot of them were on fire the flames on the building spreading to the buildings beside it.

They flew past small groups of rioters. Bricks, botels and an assortment of other items bounced of the hull of the vehicle. Zolos and the new arrival Daesha returned fire sending a spattering of fire towards the rioters. The strikebreaker continued on through the streets towards the squad rendezvous point. The condition of the buildings were getting worse as they moved deeper into the city and more rioters were appearing to hamper them.

Orobos launched several smoke grenades into a crowd as wide and long as the street they where occupying. As the red smoke engulfed them and a chorus of screams and yelling reached fever pitch an APC trundled out into the open a stormtrooper manning the turret located on the hatch in the roof.

"There they are," Orobos yelled over the turret fire as Zolos and Daesha opened fire into the crowd which was recovering from the shock of the tear gas.

Tanus voice came over the comlink, "Lets get outa here before they recover," he said as the rioters surged forwards towards the strikbreaker and the APC.

They all opened fire on the crowds as the APC shot down an alley way ripping through rubbish bins and the likes. The Strikebreaker still providing suppressing fire followed flying into the alley following the APC close behind.

They continued on further once they reached the end of the alley. Once away from the rioters and at a safe distance from any potential threats the Stormtroopers dismounted from their vehicles and met up.

"Well the city's swarming with rioters and the whole place is up in flames," Tanus said, "We'll contact the General for updates but I doubt he'll have any good news.

TRP/SSG_Orobos/2 SQD/2 PLT/1 Com/1 Reg/1 Bat/Tadath/VEA/[BoH][CoR][LoS]
Imperial Network Star Wars Image  Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Beag ach Fíochmhar
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Cadet

Tanus Solvona

Post Number:  256
May 21, 2008 9:24:40 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus sighed under his helmet; his comm was off and he saw the others shuffling about the Strikebreaker, getting systems ready and weapons armed, reestablishing shield cover in the battered areas. Tanus saw Daesha and LK on two separate gun turrets; Alater was manning the grenade launcher, swinging it back and forth, keeping their starboard side covered. He turned back to the HUD on his main board and gave it a look: they were coming up on the main command center in about 5 minutes. Tanus heard a slight beep come from his right. He pressed a few buttons and a small hologram of General Halcor appeared before him.

“Sergeant, I understand you’ve lost one of your men. I’m sorry.”

Tanus grimaced beneath his helmet; he hadn’t expected the loss of Urakai to come down the line so soon.

“Thank you General. It’s appreciated. Now, I’m guessing you wanted to tell me something, so with all due respect, what is it?”

Tanus heard shuffling on the other end, and someone handed Halcor a piece of paper; from the reaction, Tanus could tell it was big news. He looked back up and appeared somber.

“I have news regarding your lost soldier. It seems he was kidnapped by the rioters and is being held for ransom. Apparently, they will let him go if the delegates leave the planet. But as always, I don’t buy it. If you want to see your friend again, I’d recommend you go to pay the rioters a visit now.”

Tanus was absolutely speechless; at least he knew that Urakai was alive, albeit most likely not in the best of shape. He was scrambling at the controls, getting ready to lock in coordinates.

“When did you get this information?” Tanus asked exasperated. He was for the most part dumbstruck, unable to move.

“We got the ransom holo about ten minutes ago. We triangulated the position to an abandoned warehouse about 6 miles from where we are. We’ve already sent out two APCs to aid you in your rescue, one of them being overhauled for medical duty. We’re sending an additional twenty troops to back you up. I’m guessing you’ll be using your own men for this op, so my men will act as a security force around the perimeter. Beyond that, it’s totally up to you. I’ll transmit the coordinates now.”

Tanus looked at his screen and saw coordinates light up the screen. He hit the autopilot and turned to the squad.

“Men, last night, we lost one of our own. But now, we have a chance to get him back. We’re going after Urakai now. Lock and load.”

---------------------

Tanus landed the Strikebreaker next to the set up APCs. There were two E-WEBs set up, and each trooper was wearing heavy armor and had an equally as heavy looking rifle. Tanus got up and grabbed his E-11/F; his R-88 was going to do no good here. As he stepped out, Alater and the others closely flanked him. He walked up to the commanding officer, a human in a gray military uniform.

“We’re Blackjack squad, Genral Halcor sent us here. Our friend is inside. My rules are simple: stay back, keep our vehicle safe, and when we get our friend out, keep him alive. Do you understand?”

The human nodded. “Thos were our orders from the beginning. Good luck sergeant.”

Tanus turned to his men. “Gentlemen, I don’t need to give a speech; you know what needs to be done. Shoot anything that moves. When we get Urakai, get him out here and onto the MedEvac; we’ll cover them from the air. Both of these APCs are armed, so ground threats will be left up to them. Depending on how serious his wounds are, we’ll move him offplanet and back to Tadath. Let’s get moving.”

Tanus ran forward behind a brick wall and peered around. When he saw no one there, he waved the squad forward. Their weapons raised, they moved in towards the main gate. Just as they were about to open the doors, blaster and projectile fire scattered the ground in front of them. Tanus dove for cover and watched as rioters started from the doors and blown out windows. Tanus set the weapon to burst fire and pulled the trigger, sending out a three burst shot of blaster fire. His target went down, and soon many others followed as Blackjack squad opened fire from all directions. When all were down, Tanus moved towards the door. He waved Garryll forward; Garryll placed a charge on the door and primed it, stepping back. Tanus moved behind a wall and waited for the explosion. It came soon after, blasting the door apart. Tanus turned off the wall and into the room, turning on his helmet light and looking around.

There wasn’t anyone around, but it was incredibly dark; the only other light in the room was the light coming from the other Blackjacks. He looked up and saw stairs that lead up. He waved the squad forward. He made his way up the stairs, being sure to keep his movements and sounds to a minimum. When he got to the top he ordered the squad to fan out. He peered down the hallway, and saw nothing there – at first. Out of the corner of his eye, Tanus saw a gleam in the darkness, but it was Alater who saw the most clearly.

“GET DOWN!” he roared. As he did, a grenade came whizzing past Tanus’ head and off the stairway, landing and an earth-shattering explosion rocked the decrepit warehouse. Tanus turned back and set his weapon to full auto, sending waves of blaster fire down the hallway. Soon, the others were joining in, and a symphony of death engulfed them, lighting up the halls with dazzling red light. Tanus saw shadows among the bursts and saw each of them fall. Tanus charged forward and turned into a room, his weapon poised and ready. The room was dark and dank, and clanks of old rusted metal could be heard everywhere around him. Gio turned into the room and Tanus turned around.

“Tanus, we’ve got something. You may want to give it a look.”

Tanus walked out of the room and looked down the hall. He saw a small amount of light at the end of the hall. That wasn’t there earlier… Tanus thought. Just as he made his way forward, there was an earth-shattering explosion and the building began to shake. When he looked back, fire was raging in the main room and the ceiling was starting to crumble. Tanus swore and started to run. “MOVE!” he shouted. The squad sprinted towards the light. When they got out, they were standing on a catwalk, and beneath them stood a very large number of angry rioters with guns pointed at them. Tanus took up his rifle and fired. Red blaster bolts sailed into the crowd. Tanus ran along the catwalk, firing from side to side, trying his best to keep the rioters down. When he got to the other end, he stuck the rifle out the door and crouched down, giving the men some cover to run for. Alater and Garryll were tossing grenades into the crowd as they ran, and when they all got to the other side, Tanus and Gio got up and started to fire heavily into the crowd. As Tanus turned to move, Gio stayed.

“You go on ahead. I’ll be with you in a bit. I want to teach these twits a lesson they won’t soon forget.”

Tanus nodded and ran forward to the squad. They were already off at full sprint, but Tanus could still hear the faint sounds of Gio’s rifle and the screams coming from outside. Not soon after, Gio caught up with them, and the Blackjacks were racing through the facility at a breakneck speed. Any rioters they found were soon dealt with. At this point, they had been in the warehouse for almost an hour, and Tanus was starting to get anxious. If Urakai was already dead... Tanus soon chased the thought out of his head. Urakai was alive; he was sure of it.

The group soon came to a door, locked by three separate locks and barred shut; yelling and hard hits could be heard from inside. Tanus turned to Orobos and nodded. Orobos walked forward and kicked the door, but it didn’t budge. He did it again, and still it didn’t move. Then Alater stepped up next to Orobos, and both of them planted a swift stomp on the door, snapping it off the hinges and crashing to the floor. A man looked up, surprise on his face, and on a chair bound behind him, was Urakai. He looked no worse for wear: both of his eyes were bruised, blood was dripping out of his nose, and guessing from the bruises on his sides, Tanus assumed he had some cracked or broken ribs. The man raised his pistol and as he was about to fire, Tank planted a shot between his eyes. LK walked over to Urakai and unbound his hands. He got up and started to rub them.

“Looks like I’ve missed quite a bit. But we can talk later. Right now I’ve got some broken ribs that need attending to.”

Urakai picked up the pistol from the dead man and nodded. Tanus nodded to Zolos in turn, who gave his support to Urakai, enabling him to move a little bit faster. Tanus turned around and looked out the door to his left or right. Then he walked out, followed by Zolos and Urakai, then by Alater, Gio and Tank; LK, Daesha and Orobos took up the rear. Tanus kept his weapon ready. The Blackjacks had managed to get into the warehouse, and they got Urakai. Now all they had to do was get out.

BlackJackSquad

Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1059
May 21, 2008 11:15:05 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
"Man, am i glad to see you...," uttered Urakai through busted lips, bleeding teeth, and a mouthful of coppery tasting blood. Giovanni couldn't tell if he had his eyes open or closed from the amount of swelling. If Tanus couldn't see his way out, things would be made much more difficult.

"Save the formalities for later guys," Gio signaled to LK for a fresh ammo pack. He had poured round after round into a crowd that seemed to replenish as quick as he could put them down. LK reached for his holster and tossed a pack across the room into Gio's outstretched hand.

"I managed to stall them for a while, but they've had more than enough time to follow us."

Tanus just nodded and gave a signal to the squad. They all ran out the same way they had come in: hauling ass.

Urakai's vision wasn't one hundred percent, but it was enough to dodge blaster fire and keep him from running into a wall. Aside from that, he ran remarkably well for someone in his condition. His training on Tadath was paying off in spades.

The warehouse was still smoldering with the smell of burnt flesh. The bodies of those unfortunate enough to run into the squad no longer squirmed or jerked as they slipped into unconsciousness and then death. The silence was making Giovanni and the rest of the squad uncomfortable.

They made good time and ran into only a few stragglers, who put up little to no fight at all, and soon reached the cat walk. Before he could even take a step, Giovanni was thrown back by an explosion. The rest of Blackjack stumbled back for cover and waited for the smoke and debris to clear.

As the smoke cleared and Giovanni regained his bearings, it became clear that the catwalk was no longer going to be their way out of the warehouse. What little was left of the hanging walkway now rested crumpled and charred at the bottom of the warehouse floor. A few of the rioters stayed around, but Giovanni was sure that as these grunts kept watch, the rest were coming around to flank them, and possibly try and herd them into an ambush.

Their adrenaline was pumping, and they all eagerly awaited their squad leader's order. On his signal, they would take whatever path necessary out of that hell hole.

"General Halcor, come in," Tanus yelled, and cursed. He got nothing but static. The blast had fried the sensitive electronics within their communicators. Thankfully, however, everything else seemed to function fine.

Tanus turned to address the rest of Blackjack.

"We can't get in touch with our backup. If we jump down onto the warehouse floor, there is no doubt in my mind we will encounter heavy resistance. If we go back the way we came from, there is no doubt in my mind we will be met with deadly force. Good thing we don't believe in doors. We make our own."

He motioned to Alater, and Alater growled low and pulled out a detonation pack.

"Oh shit, everyone get back!" LK jumped behind cover and was followed by the rest of the squad.

Alater dialed in the count and tacked the hefty charge onto the west wall. With a little luck, they would be on the high road to rescue. Either that or the ceiling would cave in and kill them all.

Giovanni just wanted to get back and have a drink. It had been a long couple of days.

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

TX-47
ComNet Initiate

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  147
May 22, 2008 11:05:39 AM    View the profile of TX-47 
LK-486, Tank and Daesha slammed fresh blaster packs into their E-11/F rifles as they formed a line on Tanus' right flank, Tanus helping Urakai to walk.  Gio, Garryll and Orobos took positions to Tanus' left as Alater took point ahead of Tanus and Zolos took rearguard position.

Moving as an armored block the troopers mainly used rapid shot for suppressing enemy fire.  The rioters were foolishly high on courage, breaking cover to fire on the squad, only to get blasted as one or more Stormtroopers drilled them with rapid shot blasterfire until the dropped!

A band of rioters were using metal drums of volatiles as cover; Zolos exploited their tactical error with a single sniper shot to the central barrel...

*KA*BOOM* disintegrating body parts blazed a short trajectory as part of the warehouse collapsed, trapping and killing more rioters inside.  The troopers unrelentingly doled out death and destruction in all directions.  There was no mercy.

Finally reaching their backup at the APCs and the Strikebreaker after what felt like an erternity on carnage, the squad made for the medical APC as the other troops efficiently gunned down all the rioters foolish enough to persue BlackJack.

Tanus carried Urakai onto the APC, staying with his massively wounded soldier her ordered Alater to take the rest of the squad in the Strikebreaker as planned.

The other troops loaded into the APCs as the Stormtroopers boarded their Strikebreaker.  In a tight formation the Strikebreaker and APCs spen to the secure army base at top speed, gunners obliterating any resistance they encountered...
BlackJack Squad

Vehicle Crewman
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  219
May 22, 2008 12:38:11 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
*Same time as Tank's post, right after Gio's (my point of view)*

IC:
"Fire in the hole!" yelled the ASL, stabbing down the button on the detonator, and a flash and bang followed.

"Go, go, go!" yelled their leader, bursting from cover and firing at the mob who were peering in the improvised doorway.

Gates leaped from his position, running right after his SL, firing around the man. The mob seemed to be stunned; no one would charge if they were outnumbered ten to one!

But charging the stormtroopers were; yelling, firing, slashing with virbroblades, vibroaxes and throwing punches and grenades like confetti.

Gates broke a man's jaw with his metal fist, then fired into his chest, a three-round burst. The man collapsed, his ribs showing and blood steaming. Gates' left hand went to his belt, grasping his vibroblade, then deflected a desperate swing from a mob member, whipping the blade from his hand and decapitating him.

He sprinted into the closing hole in the mob, after his squadmates. They had managed to get to get to another room.

"Strikebreaker's the other way, boss!" one of the newer soldiers yelled, Gates thought it was LK.

"OK, phalanx!" Tanus yelled, gesturing for one of the formations they'd drilled in since basic.

The squad lined into a wall; a wall of plastoid and dense sotrmtrooper muscle. This wall was a traditional battle style dating back into primitive times, and was still found useful in certain situations.

Gates lined up in position '2,' holding up the left flank with Gio and Orobos.
                      2    3
                  6 4        5  7

The men then left the room, firing and marching. Any mob member stupid enough to try his luck collapsed, usually with a large hole in their chest or without their face.

A rather stupid but resrouceful group had set up barrels and were firing at the stormtroopers. Gates grunted as a shot made it through his armor, splashing against his wrist.

Unfortunately for them, they couldn't read - the barrels said 'flammable' and Zolos put them out of their misery by helping them realize that.

"In three"    "What happened to in five?"
"I just ran out of patience."
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  307
May 22, 2008 2:02:09 PM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos brought his hand up to shield his face as the barrels exploded. He'd been crouched down firing into the rioters and was closest to the explosion. He felt the extreme heat on his face. The hair on his hands had been burnt and he had fallen back from the force.

Garryll half pulled him, half dragged Orobos up as they made the mad rush to the perimeter pushing there way through small, blockades which were in shambles. Some rioters who had been caught somewhere in and out of the explosion were in sitting positions cradling severe burns on the arms and faces. The squad sent shots in the directions before they could recover if they were ever going to.

They were in open ground now and didn't pause to fire, ignoring the pot shots that spattered off their armour. They kept their heads down and ran to the nearest piece of cover they could find supporting Urakai as best they could. Once they reached the crates did they chance a look around.

Swarms of rioters from the half-collappsed,burning building were heading their way as well as from what appeared to be a large ammo dump. Equipped with long ranged weapons and some with armour their fanatical resolve had strentghened and they were charging headlong at the squad ignoring the amount of people being shot down by the stormtroopers and the local police force.

An APC drew closer and a Sergeant of the local police force jumped out and motioned to them to get in panic plastered on his face. Urakai moved towards the APC supported by Zolos and Gio the rest of the squad held back until they reached the open door an provided suppressing fire. Once they were safely away the rest of Blackjack squad moved forward and mounted up the door closed but didn't block out the furious screeches of the rioters. The vehicle turned and started moving back towards the perimeter.

Beag ach Fíochmhar
[This message has been edited by Orobos (edited May 22, 2008 2:07:10 PM)]
Garryll Gates
ComNet Cadet

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  221
May 22, 2008 8:04:34 PM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates clutched his rifle to his chest, checking the charge and overall structural integrity of the rifle – he’d hit enough people to warrant the check.

“We gotta get outta this – augh!” yelled the APC’s police officer, manning the gun.

Well, he had been. “Man down!” yelled Gates, dragging the officer from the turret, handing the man like a sack of potatoes to one of the others. He crawled up into the turret, grasping the unfamiliar controls. He fired a few laser blasts into the following crowd, then turned his attention to the crowd in front of them. He opened up, firing like mad, taking down a half-dozen of the mob in seconds.

“Sarge, this mob is gonna slow us down!” Gates yelled from the turret, firing again and again.

“We need to get Urakai back to base soon! He’s stable, but I don’t know how much blood he’s lost!” this came from LK, one of the medics.

“Too bad Urakai can’t help himself, he’s a medic too!” Gates yelled back.

“I heard that jackass!” grunted Urakai.

The APC suddenly turned. The view turned back to the chasing mob.

“Didn’t we just leave this party?!” Gates yelled at the pilot.

“Sir, your tank thing is back there, we need to hook up with it and the rest of my squad.”

The APC roared over several hundred meters in seconds. Gates fired the entire way, until the gun overheated. He ducked back into the APC, wincing each time a slug hit the armor and grimacing every time a laser blast rocked the tank.

The ride through hell eventually stopped, and Tanus kicked the doors open. The Stormtroopers piled out, firing back blindly and running like mad for the strikebreaker. Tank and Zolos immediately ran to the cockpit, cold-starting the heavy speeders engines. Gates, Alater and Orobos ran to the turrets, while Tanus helped Urakai aboard. The APC’s had taken off. Gio manned the grenade launcher. Daesha helped LK-486 try to patch up Urakai into a more fighting position.

“Get this show on the road, Tank!” yelled the SL, gesturing to the closing mob.

“Hell yes, sir!” Tank stomped on the accelerator, and the massive vehicle moved forward.

The men on the guns opened fire. Scything deadly light, the Stormtroopers cut down person after person. Yet on they came.

“This is insane. No way this many people could go nuts all at the same time.” Gates remarked, firing yet more.

“How the hell should I know?! I’m not a psychiatrist, I’m a soldier!”

“Just asking a question…”

“And here’s my answer” sent over a rude hand gesture.

Gio fired a tight formation of grenades into the crowd; teargas exploded from the closest explosives, but the last two were frags, scattering the crowd and persuading them not to follow any longer.

Finally, the mob gave up, and the Strikebreaker pulled away.

OOC: Not quite 2.5 pages (more like 1.5) but can somebody build on it.

"In three"    "What happened to in five?"
"I just ran out of patience."
[This message has been edited by Garryll Gates (edited May 22, 2008 8:11:00 PM)]
TX-47
ComNet Initiate

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  149
May 23, 2008 5:42:45 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
Finally the Strikebreaker and cluster of APCs made it to the Army Hospital!  Constant laser blasts kept a small safety zone (enough to maneuver) around the vehicles.  AT-STs and AT-RTs were keeping the mob at bay, unable to reach the Hospital itself.

Mutilated corpses and random body parts were everywhere.  As they approached an transmited their clearnce codes the walkers blocking the main gate stepped aside to admit the APC/ambulance carrying Urakai and other wounded.

Tanus surveyed the situation; some of the turrets on the Hospital's perimeter were not operational.  There was a real possibility theses scout walkers could be eventually overwhelmed.

"Okay team!  It looks like we'll have to earn our caff break today!  Let's clear out these crowds!"  With the Strikebreaker leading the charge and the APCs  following in an orderly formation, advanced on the nearest mob!

The Strikebreaker scattered them and the APCs finished them off.  After using all guns (the Morter was out of ammo) to widen the clearing they had made, the Strikebreaker turned right to move onward; moving in a large circle, counter-clockwise, the Strikebreaker and APCs systematically retook block after block of blasted urban landscape.

Hours later the area was secured for a six-block radius from the Army Hospital.  Checking in Tanus got good news!  Not only were the wounded troops we brought back going to make it, but the delagates' talks were nearing completion!

This mission may just be a success yet...
BlackJack Squad

Vehicle Crewman
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
[This message has been edited by TX-47 (edited May 23, 2008 5:43:53 PM)]
Orobos
ComNet Member

Orobos

[VE-VEEC] Word Slinger

Post Number:  309
May 31, 2008 7:08:23 AM    View the profile of Orobos 
Orobos looked out at the scene from the top hatch of the APC/Ambulance as they headed toward the hospital. The entire are surrounding the Hospital was under tight security. Barricades, heavy turrets and heavily armed officers were everywhere. The rioters seemed to have decided against following them into the grounds of the building because of the heavy guard on it.

They reached the heavy double-doors which acted as the entrance to the hospital. Medical staff rushed forward and carried the injured into the hospital. Tanus followed the team which was taking Urakai into an operating theatre. The rest of the squad stood around the APC. It was their first time to get any rest since they were attacked. Tanus returned and they all moved forward expectantly.

"Urakai's fine. He won't be coming with us though, his injuries are too severe. Mount up and I'll tell you on the way."

They all climbed back into the cramped APC, the door closed and Tanus moved forward to the officer who was driving. The vehicle lurched forward and they were off.

"Rioters have recently gathered around the main police department. The General is having a hard time in keeping them out. The rest of the police force which is stranded in deeper parts of the city are in dis-array without instructions from the General. We need to help clear the rioters," Tanus said this all very quickly and then the vehicle stopped.

The door opened and the squad got out. The Strikebreaker sat on an open patch of grass. Men were lifting boxes into it full of ammunition. The squad rushed forward and climbed into the stirkbreaker. Taking up the gunning positions they readied themselves for the massive battle ahead of them. Tanus climbed into the pilot seat and TX followed sitting beside him. Orobos closed the rear hatch and sat down. The strikbreaker jumped to life and threw itself up off the ground to hover a few meters up in the air. Tanus moved it forward and they were off.

"Get a channel open I want to see how they're doing down there,"

"...... Sergeant..... it's a mess up here............. building....... casualties..........,"

"We're on our way General," Tanus said before cutting the link.

The strikebreaker put on an extra burst of speed and the buildings became a blur around them. The main police department loomed up in from of them. Rioters through petrol bombs at them which burst into flames around them. The rioters where still trying to get into the building hammering on the front doors. The strikebreaker flew over the roof to land behind it.

To civilian hover cars followed them rioters clinging to the sides and came down behind the building to. They opened fire on the vehicles. so did the police officers standing beneath them.

Beag ach Fíochmhar
Giovanni Bryden
ComNet Veteran

Giovanni Bryden

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1074
June 4, 2008 8:34:26 PM    View the profile of Giovanni Bryden 
OOC:
WE NEED MOAR POSTS!

So it was, through a blur of munitions fire, rocks, fallen rioters, and debris, that they made it to the police building. It was the place where General Halcor was making his last stand.

With a tap on the shoulder and a brief hand gesture, Tanus gave the signal to destroy all vehicles approaching the building. The strikebreaker’s gun came to life as it tore relentlessly into the two civilian vehicles, previously packed with rioters, but now reduced to a pile of smoldering metal and smoke. A few of the rioters who pounded on the entrance saw the explosion and ran for their lives.

A few, whether from sheer stupidity or simply too intoxicated by the anarchy around them, stayed behind and continued to pound on the door. They had to be subdued.

“Bring the strikebreaker down! Gio, TX, and Alater. You know what to do.”

Gio nodded and waited for the strikebreaker to come closer. As soon as he could, he jumped out of the hatch and ran up to the small group of rioters. From behind his shoulder, one of his squad mates launched a concussion grenade, knocking out half of the thugs and alerting the rest to their presence. It didn’t matter. The group of three didn’t need the element of surprise, as military training and superior skills with their shock staves were more than enough to put the rest down.

Behind them the Strikebreaker was still humming loudly, the gunner keeping all approaching enemies at bay.

“Alater, call the general. Tell him to let us the hell in before I blast a hole through this damn door.” Gio kicked the door. Meanwhile, TX was tying up the rioters that had been knocked out. They wouldn’t be causing trouble anytime soon.

Alater hissed a confirmation to Gio and the door opened and closed as the three troopers piled in. Behind, they could hear the Strikebreaker speed up and swing around to the back.
Now their main concern was to provide Halcor with a little help, get Urakai, and then get the hell out of dodge.

And from the looks of it, Halcor’s men needed the help.

On either side of the building were lines and lines of cots. The injured and the dead numbered in the dozens, and those that still lived didn’t seem to be too enthused about it. They were fighting a tough battle, and their superior weaponry could only begin to make up for the dramatic difference in numbers. Out on the street they were easily outnumbered 20 to 1.

Good odds for any soldier of the Empire, but this was just a young, relatively inexperienced bunch. Aside from Halcor and his sub commanders, there wasn’t a face in the crowd older than twenty-five years.

Gio and TX let their ASL Alater take point as they made their way deeper into the compound and up a flight of stairs into Halcor’s command center.

[LoR][ES1][EW1][CoR][BC]
Army Stamp Card

TX-47
ComNet Initiate

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  164
June 5, 2008 7:13:29 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
Marching at double-time pace the stormtroopers and local militia carried the survivors on stretchers, loading the Strikebreaker to capacity.  The other half of the squad kept busy on the cannons and mortar, annihilating anyone foolish enough to challenge them.  In minutes the last of the wounded was brought aboard.  A true soldier, General Halcor waited until the last of his men were securely onboard before himself entering the vehicle.

Gio locked the hatch, then grabbed medkits to help stabilize the worst of the wounded soldiers.  Seeing this Tanus hit the accelerator as Tank strapped back into the copilot seat.  Cannons blazing, the Strikebreaker sped down main street, plowing over the rioters too crazed to flee.

Turning east the Strikebreaker encountered a motley assortment of patched-up ULAVs and odd jury-rigged vehicles.  Pressed for time Tanus put the Strikebreaker into overdive!  Ramming through the hostile units all-out caused many to explode in spectacular fireballs; others just blew apart as instant shrapnel! 

Those not obliterated by Tanus' tactic sluggishly turned to give chase.  Tanus didn't concern himself with loosing them; they had to get back to the base before they could be overwhelmed or worse.  His squad kept the cannons & mortar on their persuers, whittling their numbers steadily, but not fast enough as more kept comming from gods know where!

If we live through this hellish nightmare, I'll make it my personnalmissiong to find & kill whoever organized & armed these rioters, Tanus swore, feeling much of his squad felt the same.

Somehow one of the ULAVs got ahead of them (or was waiting there) with a trio of Gian speeders.  And they are carging the Strikebreaker head-on!  "Everyone! Hold on!" Tanus ordered as the rioters dared the Imperials to play chicken!  The sequence of explosions drummed the street in rapid succession; small buildings flanking the streets collapsed, killing or trapping rioters who were about to fire rockets at the Strikebreaker!  Explosives in those rockets birthed secondary explosions!  Duracrete fragments rained harmlessly on the swift Strikebreaker.
Focusing primarily on getting the Strikebreaker to the Base, Tanus did note the enemy vehicles were not as plentiful, the closer they got to their destination...
BlackJack Squad

Vehicle Crewman
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Radical Restructuring (Blackjack)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:33:09 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 495  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >