Saphira Striker
ComNet Novice

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  57
Total Posts:  1385
  RE: Art of Pain
September 20, 2007 10:07:52 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Saphira felt him flinch as she touched his old scare. She wasn't sure if it was from the cold or the memory of how it had happened. "You don't have to be sorry.." She whispered, leaninig against him as  the stars twinled above them. So they would be going out there once more. Another mission, another credit.

The young female wondered just what lay before them. Each day was something diffrent. Heck, even her life now was so diffrent from leaving the academy. Hell if someone would have told me a month ago that I would find my lifemate and be cuddeling up to him I would have asked what drug they were on she mused to herself.

Jersh held her close, wondering what exactly she was thinking. Not that it mattered. Though he was sure that if Doc walked out here on them they would both be in for it.From what he mentioned we're the worst trouble makers he has ever had

"How did you get that scare?" Saph asked, breaking into his thoughts. Looking down he shuddered against the cold. Her eyes softened as she started to take off the jacket to hand to him. "No.. you keep it on. I'm fine. Besides I have you against me to keep warm." He replied with a smile, wondering how she would react to telling her his past. Saphira, blinked, shifting her weight to get comfertable. "hmm.. I don't think were doing a whole lot of good on this watch.." She mused. Jersh smiled. "It's a  wack  job as it is." She chuckled knowing that Doc had put them here to keep them from trashing the training room once more.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

TRP/PFC Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Jersh
ComNet Novice

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  59
Total Posts:  129
September 21, 2007 9:39:32 AM    View the profile of Jersh 
“Where did you get the scar” Saphira whispered to Jersh, her voice filled with an idle curiosity. Jersh didn’t blame her for asking about it… but he shuddered none the less. It was a very sensitive issue, but… Saphira was his other half. He wanted to know everything about her, and perhaps she wanted to know as much about him. To a warrior, scars were almost a pride for the stories they told. Whether gained in valor or defeat, they showed to some degree the struggles the bearer went through to survive in the galaxy. Saphira lightened up the tone with a joke about Doc not wanting them to trash the training room again when Jersh was silent for a moment.

A smile crossed his lips and he thought about it a moment before he decided. As he spoke, he pulled Saphira closer to him, more for emotional comfort than anything. “I…. didn’t always travel alone” He whispered to her as the memories came back to him. “When I was barely a teenager... I had… a partner I met… who was a Mercenary like myself. We… went on many missions together and we grew close. Her name was Alira” He said his voice soft. He felt Saphira tense when she heard it was a woman and he managed to chuckle a little at her reaction. “Relax my dear… We were just barely teenagers… we were just friends…. I thought”

Jersh shuddered visibly and could not bring himself to meet Saphira’s eyes as he concluded. “On a mission…. Apparently…. She was paid to eliminate me on completion…. The next thing I knew her vibroblade was wedged between my shoulder blades… it just barely missed piercing my heart”. He stopped; he did not want to tell her what happened next.... if she saw him as a monster as well… he wouldn’t be able to live with himself anymore. “Then… I killed her…. I cut her traitorous throat open and washed in the blood of my former friend” he said, his voice almost inaudible.
Saphira Striker
ComNet Novice

Saphira Striker

Post Number:  62
Total Posts:  1385
September 21, 2007 7:48:44 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
I killed her…. I cut her traitorous throat open and washed in the blood of my former friend” he said, his voice almost inaudible. Saphira didn't pull back. Her hand only lay gently on his scar.As a permant reminder She thought, lowerng her head and kissed it. "That's why you were hesatint to trust me.." It wasn't a question as she looked back up into his eyes.

Jersh wasn't too sure how to respond. "You probably think me a monster.. and yet you still sit here with me.." His words a quiet whisper. Licking her lips the young female pulled back from him. Taking her hands to his and pulling Jersh to her.

"I don't find you a monster. I see before me a soldier. A Warrior and.. my lover. A comrad to fight along side with." She gave a hint of a smile as her head looked up to scan the night sky's. "We all have killed, and still do. EVen the stars destroy when  many  go supwernova. Yet life starts and brings the patterns of change." Looking back to him she gave a soft look on her face.

"One day you and I will be just like those supernovas. Destroy  the enemy before our fire burns out... Even the stars themself burn out." Her voice  lowered as she let go of his hands. Jersh just listened to her. Thinking on what she was telling him. Saph knew he felt insecure about himself. She had her own self doubts but this wasn't one of them.  "I will never leave you Jersh. I chose you.. and until the fire that burns in our souls  still burns I will stay by your side.." Saphira finished, her eyes then shifting back to the dark sky above them.Exactly like the stars...
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

TRP/PFC Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Saphira Striker (edited September 21, 2007 7:51:23 PM)]
ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Art of Pain  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:36:51 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 125  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >