Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Kaph - Reverse Engineering

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Kaph - Reverse Engineering
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Division Head

Post Number:  1348
Total Posts:  1963
  RE: Kaph - Reverse Engineering
August 21, 2007 11:35:54 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Jaden jacked the throttle to full, barrel rolling the fighter through the debris of the two enemies he had just taken down.

Two birds, one stone

It seemed as though they had cleaned up the fighters.  A smile came to Jaden's face.  Victory was looking eminent.  The rest of the fighters looked to either be retreating, or just completely ignoring the imperials that were encroaching on their facility.  Jaden began to here cheers of victory over the com frequency as Plague Squadron leader reported that the last shield platform was down, and that transport Colma was moving in with the commandos.

"Kaph Squadron Leader to all pilots, form up.  We've still got to clean up this mess," said Than

Jaden twirled the fighter around in joy.  Maybe he was getting full of himself.

Don't I deserve to do this?

Jaden's heart dropped as his radar flooded with red dots.

Thats Impossible!

"Kaph four to all pilots, we've got incoming marks.  Looks like one squadron of A-wings, and another of X-wings.  All pilots, I repeat, get your asses ready for this," said Jaden

"Kaph Leader to all pilots, we still have a mission to finish here.  I want you to get your heads in this and make sure that we don't fail.  We can't fail."

Jaden checked the radar.  Everything was right.  The squadron lunged forward and came in on a flank of the fighters.  The north hanger had launched a full squadron, and the south lauched another.  The A-wing squadron was already on top of the transport and Alpha and Beta Squadrons.  Jaden couldn't help but to think the worst as he heard screams ringing through his helmet from the com system.

"Alpha leader here, I'm going down!" cried the commander.  Jaden pushed the throttle to full and watched in terror as the entire squadron went down within a minute.  Beta was coming right into the enemies trap.

"Beta, keep those fighters busy!  Plague, unload what you've got left on any fighters you can get a lock on, and for your own sakes, return to the Tiamut when you've unloaded your payload," said Than.  "Kaph flights two and three, get on those A-wings, but make sure you don't get too caught up.  Flight one, get to that transport.  Immediately."

Kaph flight one was moving faster than Jaden could ever imagine.  Within seconds they were flanking the enemy X-wings that were tearing Beta Squadron apart.

"Kaph leader to transport Colma, land, immeidately!" said Than

"Colma here, ETA 2 minutes to landing.  Keep them off of our six so we can get in clean," said the commando leader of the troops aboard the Colma.

The A-wings.  Where are they?

Jadens thoughts were immediately gone as the enemy A-wings swung around into the dogfight, tearing up the ass end of the squadron.  Jaden pushed all of the interceptors sheilds to the aft and went straight into a spiral dive.  The rest of the pilots followed his motions, and did the same.  To Jaden's amazement, the fighters had slowed down, not because they didn't want the pilots, but because they were getting hammered by proton torpedoes.  Within less than a minute, 2 flights of the A-wings were gone, and the others were running with their tails between their legs.

Jaden pulled the fighter up, and Kaph's first flight came back into formation, just behind the Colma.  The transport was was now 30 seconds away from it's landing.

"Kaph flights two and three, how's it coming with those fighters?" asked Than

"It's a stalemate sir.  It's like we're just flying in circles," said Krius

Neither side, Kaph, Beta, nor the enemy X-wing Squadron was loosing pilots.  A bit of hope sprung up in Jaden's heart as he headed his fighter for two X-wings that were working together to come in on flight three.

"Transport Colma here, we have landed at the north hanger.  The commandos are out, and they look to be inside the facility.  Just buy us a bit more time," said the pilot of the transport.

"Alright, pilots, lets buy these guys just a bit more time, and then get the hell out of here," said Than, "Flight one, lets get those A-wings.  Two and Three, keep those fighters under wraps.  Don't let them get even close to doing a flyby on that transport we have landed out there."

Here we go...
Jaden Khaar

Kaph Squadron

-----------------------------------------------------------
EXO/2LT Jaden Khaar/Kaph 1-2 (Kaph 2)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (=*ME*=) (=*MA*=) [VC:S][LSM][SV](x2)[CBV](x3)[GWC][LoM]
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  640
Total Posts:  760
August 22, 2007 1:23:40 AM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Than Sion never had much fear for A-Wings.  It had a lot to do with the fact that they didn’t have very good shields.  The Interceptor can easily keep up with their speed, so that nulls out their greatest strength, allowing for only weaknesses.  Sion charged the flank of one of the small fighters.  His quad cannon blasted the flimsy thing to pieces.  Yet beneath his satisfaction with the kill was a pocket of dread.  He couldn’t believe that a whole squadron of some of the VEN’s finest were gone.  He could cry at the ceremony that would be held back on Abrae.  Right now he needed to concentrate on the mission or they would be laying flowers on a Kaph memorial as well.

“This is Gamma Leader to Kaph Leader.  We’ve found the fighter, it is intact.”

“That is good news,” replied Sion.  “Now get the thing out of there ASAP before the enemy rips us to pieces.”

“Yeah, only one problem.  None of my boys can figure out how to fly it.”

“I thought you were all trained how to fly it on the sims?  Did you all forget some how so quickly?”

“No, the damn Rebels rigged it with some kind of new, fancy control system.  One of you fly boys should come in here and take a look.”

“Fine, my flight isn’t very bound up right now.  I hate to leave the battle, but all is lost if we can’t get that fighter out of there.  Kaph 2, you’re in charge of the squadron until I get back.  If we plan to actually leave it won’t be long.”

“This is Kaph 1-2, I read you Kaph Leader.”

Sion took a round about route to the northern hanger in order to avoid the enemy’s attention.  He landed his Interceptor beside the Shuttle Colma.  He popped the top hatch and dropped to the ground.  He was greeted by a Commando that had returned to the shuttle to meet him.

“Come on zoomie, we don’t have all day,” said the Stormie like Than was dinking around.

Sion drew his pistol as he followed the Storm Trooper through a set of heavy blast doors within the hanger.  There, among monitoring machines and tool kits, was the TIE Hunter all this fuss had been about.  It was a well engineered machine, too bad its similarity to the X-Wing, most notably its folding wing configuration, brought forth its down fall.

“What seems to be the big problem?” asked Sion.

“Well, maybe you should look for yourself,” said one of the black armored troopers most likely Yale.

Sion climbed up a nice little stairway on wheels and peered through the top hatch.  Immediately he noticed that there was a modified TIE helmet hanging from the end of the seat.  The next thing really shocked him; there was no evidence of a steering yoke, joy stick, nothing.  Not even a place where one looked like it was suppose to go.

“Major, does any of your men know how to fly an Interceptor?” asked Sion.

“Yeah, basically if you fly one TIE you can fly them all,” replied Yale with a grunt.

Sion handed the major his helmet.  “It seems I won’t be needing this, it provides one for me.  Please have whoever flies my fighter out stick my helmet in it.”

He knew the Major wasn’t happy with his last actions, even with the black scout helmet on.  On the other hand he didn’t care.  He closed the hatch behind him after he dropped into the fighter.  It only took him a few seconds to figure out how to power the fighter up with the new controls after strapping in.  He stuck the provided helmet on his head.  All the vital readings for the fighter were displayed within the helmet like they were holograms in his path of sight.  He didn’t understand how the NR expected anybody to fly this.  There were way too little of controls.  Almost looked like you could only turn the thing on and warm it up.  Maybe this was some kind of test control system, not meant to be flown.  He sure hoped that wasn’t the case for this would all be in vain if it was.

Come on you stupid thing, how can I move you forward?  On cue, the TIE moved forward.  No, it can’t be...  The fighter moved forward again.

“Gamma Leader, can you read me?” said Sion over the com system.

“Yeah, are you suppose to be an elite pilot or a teenage driver?” replied Yales.  “Wait, how did you end up on a secure channel so quickly when the enemy gutted out the original controls?”

“I may be going crazy, but I think I can control this fighter with my mind.”

“Don’t bullshit me, zoomie...”

Sion thought his way through the inner blast doors and the outer ones before the Major could finish his sentence.  It was a bit disturbing...but it was also cool.

“This is Kaph Leader to all Imperial Forces, I am currently flying the TIE Hunter out of the research complex.  Objective complete, let’s move out before they smother us...”

(OCC: I’ll explain later why there isn’t a whole fleet’s worth of mind controlled, NR fighters at the end of the story.  Keep up the good work guys.)
ESC/ESN Than Sion/Kaph 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)(=^MA^=)[LoM][VC:S][CBV](x2)[MC:1][MC:2][GWC][LSM]{VB}

--SC of Kaph Squadron

3rd Place in Wiki.

ESA/PFC Than Sion/Walmart 5-5/Subway/mIRC/VE[CoR][GWS][ISaDJGF]
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1351
August 23, 2007 12:07:24 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
"All fighters, retreat, I repeat, all Imperial fighters in the vacinity, return to Kaph Zero's location.  Make sure you jet those engines to full, we need to scram," said Than.  He immediately opened up a channel with Willtconq aboard the Tiamut.

"Kaph Leader to Kaph Zero, we are returning immediately to your position.  I have the prototype fighter in my control as we speak.  Make sure your techs are ready for these fighters to come in quick.  I can't imagine what it would be like if we can un-expected"

"Techs have everything ready to go.  Lets get out of here and go home," said Than

Jaden watched as the prototype TIE Hunter screamed out of the enemy hanger with engines full blown, heading back the opposite direction for the Tiamut.  Jaden couldn't concentrate much longer, because fighters were pounding the squadron hard.

"This is Beta Commander, I'm down to one flight of pilots.  We are tailing you guys with our throttles at full, but lets not forget, we still have fighters on our asses!  We can't just run like this or more pilots will be lost!" said the commander, frantically.

Jaden let out a sigh over the com frequency and pulled up on the control stick.  The fighter pulled around in the opposite direction after climbing a forward arc, right into the face of the enemy.  Jaden rapidly pulled the trigger after getting a half a lock on one of the flights lead fighters, spreading the flight out and scattering them around.  Jaden snapped onto the aft of one of the fighters quickly and boxed him in with the laser fire.  The pilot couldn't handle the pressure, and his buddies were too busy trying to catch up with the TIE Hunter that they had forgotten about him.  Jaden could hear the enemy pilots screams as he finished off the shields and gave the enemy X-wing a couple of shots to its quad engines.  The fighter began to split apart and blue sparks rang out in front of his eyes in the blackness of space.  The pilot didn't even have time to eject.

The enemy fighters had fallen behind the mass of allied fighters that were heading back to the Tiamut.  Jaden laughed as he followed the enemy fighters, picking them off ever so slowly, but he was interupted as more X-wings came out of nowhere onto his tail.  He had the power to get away from them, so he left on a good note, leaving the X-wings in the dust.  They were the Incom T-65 model, and they had no chance in hell of cathing the TIE/Interceptor.  The interceptor easily flew circles around the snubfighter ever so easily.

"Kaph four to one, job well done sir," said Jaden

"It's not over yet.  Lets just make sure that this one gets put in the history books," said Than

For one second there, I actually thought we weren't going to make it through this mission, but it worked out in the end.  I'm pretty happy with this new squadron, and they seem to treat me with a sort of respect that I haven't seemed to find in other pilots.  I only hope that I can fly with pilots like this more often, and that the entire Navy would change their ways and be more like these ones.  But, it wasn't an entire victory, but I can't wait to see that happen, I can only hope.

Man, I could get used to this....
Jaden Khaar

Kaph Squadron

EXO/2LT Jaden Khaar/Kaph 1-2 (Kaph 2)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (=*ME*=) (=*MA*=) [VC:S][LSM][SV](x2)[CBV](x3)[GWC][LoM]
[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited August 23, 2007 12:09:27 AM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  643
August 23, 2007 2:29:15 AM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Kaph Leader navigated through the asteroid field quickly like it was a maze in a coloring book he was following with his eyes.  He hugged the asteroids at nearly max acceleration.  He had always felt like he was one with his fighter when he got into the zone, but this was something on a completely different level.  He was going so fast, it was certain that the enemy wouldn’t catch up with him.  The asteroids wouldn’t just slow down the NR fighters; the VEN forces would also be way behind him.  According to his map display, Kaph 1 was getting pretty close to the location of the Tiamut.

An eerie voice came over his com set.  “BROTHER!”

Sion’s HUD showed a lone A-Wing on his tail.  How the hell did he get out here, unless... he’s the Ace.  It then struck him why the Ace had been such a pain in the ass earlier, his fighter was mind controlled as well.  Wow, Jaden must be pretty good if he was able to tango with one of these set ups.  Sion knew even before Jaden joined the squadron that Khaar was a better pilot than him.  But he didn’t see this fact as a threat for Sion didn’t have much of an ego.  He saw Jaden’s skills for what they really were, an asset to the squadron.

“I don’ t have any blood brothers,” replied Sion.  “And I’m pretty sure you’re not on the list of people who I would consider to be my brother.”

“I am the first, you are the third,” said the Ace as he kept on Sion’s tail after an evasive maneuver.

“Yeah, then who is Chaos?” Sion found himself saying. 

“That’s an easy question, Chaos is god.”

It was becoming very obvious that the Ace was a kind of idiot savant to dog fighting.  But the man’s reply still shook Sion.  Let’s see if you can keep up with this...  Sion brought the Hunter into a spiral dive.  The enemy didn’t end up over shooting him, though, as he would have hoped, but the Ace wasn’t behind him either.  The move ended up putting them both in a stalemate.  It was back to the all too familiar war of wills known as the turning battle.  It was even more annoying when the two fighters were able both to perform perfect maneuvers.  Sion had at some point put the s-foils into attack position, it seemed that the fighter was taking subconscious commands as well.  A great truth came to him not long into the turning battle, the only way he could beat his enemy was to do something his enemy wouldn’t think of.  He wouldn’t be able to use conventional tactics to beat him.  Luckily Sion was pretty good at thinking out side the box.

Kaph Leader saw his opening and took it.  He broke away from the turning battle and swerved around a bulge on one of the big rocks, the A-Wing was in hot pursuit.  Sion prayed as he tapped on the payload trigger.  Two dummy fired proton torpedoes hit a star ship sized asteroid that was very close to its larger counterpart.  The smaller rock spun into the larger one right after Kaph Leader navigated the gap.  The Ace pulled up hard, barely avoiding being part of the sandwich.  Sion had already brought his fighter into the equivalent of a high G power slide.  His head was light, but he had completely reversed his vector in a very short amount of time.  He got a missile lock on the A-Wing in the confusion, he was slightly to the right of head on with the Ace.  Sion launched the warhead while the Ace was pulling up from the rock collision.  It quickly veered to Sion’s left...right into a mixed burst of ion and cannon fire.  The balls of electricity brought down the shields of the A-Wing, the bolts ended up knocking out one of the engines putting the fighter into a spin.  But the rocket was intercepted by a stray asteroid before it could make purchase.

“You cannot kill me,” stated the Ace.  “It is against the code, it is against destiny!”

“Eject damn it if you know what is good for you,” replied Sion.  “Because if you don’t my ethics will not save you.”

“I cannot do that,” said the Ace.  “The vassal has killed my lord.  The vassal would not accept me back.  I go into the night either way.  So kill me if you wish to damn yourself, but heed my warning.  The second brother will not be as easily made helpless as I was.  But for your own sake as well as mine, don’t kill me brother.”

“SHUT UP, I AM NOT YOUR BROTHER!” Sion gained another missile lock and hit the trigger.  The explosive happily slammed into the target that could not evade its coming.  The A-Wing exploded like a grenade, sending metal fragments outward.  As for the Ace, he was returned to dust.

“This is Beta Leader to Kaph Leader, why the hell are you dinking around out here, you should have been in the hanger long before we got here from they flying I saw!”

“I ran into some trouble, I neutralized the problem though...”

It took all of ten minutes after Sion landed the TIE Hunter in the belly of Kaph 0 for the rest of the fighters and one of the shuttles to load back in.  That’s right, one of the shuttles.  The other was destroyed during the retreat, it took Major Yales and seven other troopers with it.  The speed it took to pack up was not due to drills or organization but the fact that so few actually came back.  Sion was now on the bridge.

“An enemy task force is dropping out of hyperspace sir,” said someone who Sion didn’t care right now to know the name or position of.  The only thing he cared about was the bed in his quarters.

“They came too late,” stated Willtconq.  “Make the jump to hyperspace.”

It was over as soon as existence turned to a whirl of purple, the enemy knew better than to chase them back to Abrae.  It was also over for the lives of a great many of pilots and several commandos.  So many have died in this damn war...

(OCC: Basically the story is over, done, hooray beer :P.  I may make a dreaded, double post to cover some loose ends.  I would have done it with this post, but it is almost 2:30 AM where I live and my bed to my right looks pretty good right now.  So basically the rest of you need to be thinking about your flight’s plot line in Chapter 8.5 Phase II.)
ESC/ESN Than Sion/Kaph 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)(=^MA^=)[LoM][VC:S][CBV](x2)[MC:1][MC:2][GWC][LSM]{VB}

--SC of Kaph Squadron

3rd Place in Wiki.

Max Fagron
ComNet Novice

Max Fagron

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  82
Total Posts:  186
August 23, 2007 3:06:31 AM    View the profile of Max Fagron 
“This is Kaph Leader to all Imperial Forces, I am currently flying the TIE Hunter out of the research complex.  Objective complete, let’s move out before they smother us...”

"All fighters, retreat, I repeat, all Imperial fighters in the vacinity, return to Kaph Zero's location.  Make sure you jet those engines to full, we need to scram," said Than.Max needed no second telling.He swung around his fighter and sped after the modified fighter with the rest of his flight.

"Whoa," gasped Max, "that was intense!"

"Keep your head." the voice of his flight leader came over the intercomm. "We aren't out yet." That guy was definitley a droid.Or at least part one.

Max thought about his first days performance. He had dreamed about this day for years. His first kill. He thought about the good shot he had been. He knew where the fuel tanks were and had hit them dead on....... he thought about the pilot in the cockpit who hadn't got time to eject.......who had been killed without anyone ever hearing his scream........his mind burned with the horrible realisation of what he had done. He had just killed someone. Thoughts flashed through his mind..........the knife.... the blood............the scream..............

"Max.........

"No,no...........

"Max!"Max was jolted back to reality by a roaring in his comm-link. "What are you doing? Get back into formation before Jaden sees you." Max was shaking and could barely move.

"Y-yes sir."

"Dont sir me.Im a crewman.Aristoc.Now come on.

He pulled up on the yoke and rejoined behind number 10 who he suspected of being the guy he was talking to.

"What the hell happened Max? Do you need a  checkup?"

"No,just.............just bad memories, thats all."

"Okay whatever,you say."
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant

Post Number:  1353
August 23, 2007 2:25:27 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Jaden laid back in the chair of his temporary office aboard the Tiamut, rethinking the mission and what he could have done better.  It wasn't the best of his fighter piloting, but it was damn good.  He tended to be a bit smug about his skills as a pilot, but then again, he had survived 8 years in the Vast Empire Navy, and he found himself to be one of the best pilots in the Division.

Jaden took a drag off of the cigarette and logged back into his computer.  It was nice to see that much wasn't going on.  He had been going through mission after mission without a break.  He didn't know if there would even be much of a break while he was sitting in his chair, because being a pilot meant he was on call at all hours of every day, all the time.

Jaden was being a bit anti-social after the mission, not bothering to head to the debriefing.  He knew the outcome of the mission.  It was a complete success to all of the leaders around, but Jaden felt a bit guiltly about not being able to get around the Ace pilot that was in the A-wing, but he did congradulate his counterpart Than on a job well done.  The mission seemed to be a success to everybody, and the atmosphere around the Tiamut was one of a party attitude.

After finishing the cigarette, Jaden headed to his bunk to take a quick shower.  Once in the bunk, he let his long dark hair hang loose.  It had been bundled up in the helmet for a long time, and he felt even better after he let it hang.  After showering, Jaden decided to go get a couple of drinks at the bar located aboard the Tiamut.  Surely a couple of the other pilots would be there, and he could get out of the anti-social funk that he had been in since the mission had ended.

**Cantina Aboard Tiamut**

Jaden strode in like he hadn't a problem in the world.  Upon entering the bar area, Jaden sat down and ordered a Corellian Ale.  The smooth taste of the alcoholic beverage gave him goosebumps, and also loosed him up.  It had been a very long time since he had had enough time to sit down and have a drink.  Jaden spotted HellKite and Krius conversing about something in the corner at a booth.  Jaden arose from his seat at the bar and heading over to where they were lounging.

"Ah, job well done guys," said Jaden, "Good Mission overall"

They both looked at him, and then gestured for him to have a seat next to them in the booth.

"You had some incredible flying out there J, its good to have you in the squadron and as a leader here," said Krius, "How long have you been in the Fighter Corps?"

HellKite looked as if he was also intent on hearing about this, so Jaden began to tell them his story about how he joined the Vast Empire and how he got to where he was in his life now...

OOC:
Just some character development, shouldn't hurt much
Jaden Khaar

Kaph Squadron

[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited August 23, 2007 2:51:37 PM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  644
August 23, 2007 2:44:24 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
“This is Admiral Tian of the MC80 Peace Giver hailing Captain Beckings.”

“This is Lieutenant Kerns, his adjacent.  The good Captain was killed during the Imperial counter-raid.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.  Is it safe for me to take a shuttle down to access the damage?”

“Yes sir, if your pilot knows how to navigate an asteroid field that is.”

Kern’s had his staff line up in the blaster scorched hanger.  Everyone was on the same side here; no one was going to tell the Admiral that the Captain did not die from the rifle of an Imperial Commando but the pistol of an NR officer.  From day one they all knew he didn’t care about the people that served under him.  All Beckings did care about was the projects he had his hands in.  Kerns was different, Kerns dedicated his life to the people he served with.  It was well known that the Lieutenant often had to beg the Captain to get some of the most simple budget requests through to improve living condition.  When their whole little operation in VE Space back fired and the Imperials found them, everyone figured out quickly that Beckings was throwing pilots’ lives away. 

Some had been immediately shocked by what Kerns had done, thus the idea that he did something wrong came to mind.  But their senses came back in short time.  It had to be done, they all understood now that the enemy would have blown the complex’s reactor if they hadn’t been hurried away by the reinforcements.  The satchel charges were still sitting in the testing section of the hanger.  What everyone feared now was that the Admiral would figure out what happened himself.

The lone Lambda Shuttle passed through the magnetic barrier into the hanger.  The shuttle landed and the ramp came down.  The Admiral in his white and red New Republic Uniform touched the scuffed deck of the hanger with his polished boots.

“Admiral on deck!” shouted Kerns.  The whole staff saluted.  The Admiral returned the action.

“At ease,” said Tian.  He then turned to the Lieutenant.  “Take me to the command center.”

“Yes sir.”

“I haven’t seen so much fighter debris since the Emperor was still walking,” commented the Admiral to Kerns.  They were the only people in the control center.

“It was a tough battle,” replied Kerns.

“These communication records suggest that the Captain didn’t help the situation much.  It seems he didn’t follow procedure.”

“No he did not.”

“I could bring in a forensics team to investigate the station but that won’t be necessary.  I already can tell that the commandos didn’t make it this far.”  Beckings was still in the same place that he died.  They hadn’t thought to move him in the after math chaos of the attack.  “I’m shutting this place down; it is no longer a secret to Imperial forces.  This operation will be disbanded as of 1200 tomorrow.  No one outside of this complex but me knows the details of what happened to the Captain.  I know why you did it, and even though it is officially punishable by death, it was the right thing to do.  Your service record highly suggests that you had the best in mind.  My official report will say that Captain Beckings was killed by enemy forces.  It will also say that First Lieutenant Kerns has been promoted to Lt. Commander for taking command of the situation after the death of the Captain.  You have a lengthy history of being a fighter before you were assigned here.  I believe you were a squadron commander, correct?”

“That is correct, sir.”

“Excellent, there is an opening for a WC position at the Hast Ship Yard.  You will be transferred there to fill it.”

“Thank you sir.”

“Don’t thank me, I should be thanking you.  Many more good service men and women would have died if it wasn’t for you...”

Abrae

“Well, it seems that this new technology they rigged the fighter with is useless,” stated Doctor Kline to Than Sion in her office.  It seems that the system can only work if there is a specific imbalance of chemicals in a human brain.  A normal person would not be able to move the fighter even an inch.  Even if you could find someone else with such an imbalance it would take an individual with a strong understanding of fighter combat to fly it.”

“So I guess this ‘chemical imbalance’ has something to do with my hallucinations?” remarked more than asked Sion.

“That would be correct.  Though you are far from having the condition of the NR A-Wing Pilot.  Your report suggests that he was severely mentally handy capped.  Your own condition is mild, easily cured by pills for most subjects.”

“So is there any way that...”

“No, we can’t do that.  We don’t know the long term effects on the brain that the system could cause.”

Well, worth a try.  Back to having to push buttons and stuff.  There were times when he thought he was pushing buttons, especially when firing the weapon systems.  It was all in his head, though.

(OCC: Yeah, I was covering my butt with that last section.  I remember writing in my last post about hitting the payload trigger when in reality there was no trigger.  If you guys want to post character development now, that is fine.  Just remember that I want you guys concentrating and putting your flight mini plots together.)

--SC of Kaph Squadron

3rd Place in Wiki.

Max Fagron
ComNet Novice

Max Fagron

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  84
Total Posts:  186
August 23, 2007 4:32:46 PM    View the profile of Max Fagron 
Max sat alone in the bar aboard the Tiamut. His drink stared back at him. He couldn't shake it from his mind. What he had thought about in the cockpit. He hadn't thought of that for years. Why now, he was beginning to feel confident in himself again..........

"Always the loner Max?" It was the sqaudron commander. "I saw your flyin out there. Wasnt bad." Max took this for a compliment.

"Thanks,sir."

"When were not flying, no need for sir. Call me Than." Max lurched forward slightly. "You okay?Have you drunk much?"

"No, I..... I suppose I'm just a bit tired sir. First day really took it outta me."
  "Okay then, get some sleep. "Than walked off towards where Hellkite, Krius and Jaden were sitting. Max downed his drink and stood up. He walked towards the door. One of the ships crewmen had just lit up a ciggarette.Max grabbed out of his mouth and drew on it. It was the worst thing he had ever tasted, but it managed to calm him down enough to get to his bunk without collapsing. He took a shower, loving the feel of the hot water on his tired skin and clambered back to his bunk. Everyone else was downstairs in the bar so all that he could hear was the gentle hum of the craft as it glided through the void. And as he fell asleep,the last thing he felt was the gentle rocking of the ship.
FM/LCRWM Max Fagron/Kaph 3-11/Phoenix Wing/Carrier Tiamut/FVIF/VEN/VE(=A=)

'Ah,mere Infantary........poor beggars.' Aristotle
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  647
August 25, 2007 9:47:15 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Lieutenant Sion shook his head has he watched Max leave the cantina.  The boy was too caught up in his own thoughts, too rigid.  Mr. Fargon simply reminded Sion too much of himself.  When Sion had been placed in Kaph, he was a trouble minded kid who kept mostly to himself.  Everything was procedure; there was no time to laugh, no time to kick back.  But the atmosphere of Kaph loosened him up.  In Sion’s time Kaph had never been run by a hard ass.  On the other hand, his time consisted of basically Kaph being lead by Willtconq and himself.  Will never really cared for being called sir; Sion had always called him it anyways more for his own good than Will’s.  Willtconq’s benevolent ways must have rubbed off on Sion for he found himself having open door policies and telling recruits not to call him sir.

Sion listened to Jaden’s life story watching Krius and Hellkite hang on his every word.  Sion had read his file, but nothing could really compare to a first hand account.  Besides, the tendency for such stories to be ‘elaborated’ was amusing.  Kaph was a tight group.  Everybody knew each other on a personal level.  Some people believed that such an attitude made a squadron soft.  The Lieutenant had even been told this by one of the WC’s.  He simply replied that a group that laughed together and cried together was willing to die together.

Than gazed at his glass of Corellian Whiskey .  He didn’t drink much, just occasionally.  Actually, he didn’t really have any physical vices.  Smoking was something he wasn’t too fond of and he wasn’t really a caffeine addict either.  Sion looked at Skylla as she strolled in.  Ok, maybe one....

“Seen Demonic recently?” asked Than as Skylla got closer.

“Yeah, actually I did,” replied Skylla.  “He said something to me about coming around just as soon as he got done packing.”

“Packing?  What does he have to pack?  He barely brought anything over here.”  Kaph Leader chuckled.  “If it wasn’t for the hyperspace trip he probably would have ran off already.”

“Pft, the only reason he keeps on leaving is because Skylla scares him,” remarked Krius.

“Yeah, well at least I’m not fragile like that little red head of yours,” replied Skylla.

“You want to say that again!  You know what, I’m sick of your shit.  Let’s go, right here, right now!” Krius stood up in the booth and smacked his hand on the table.

“Krius, sit down before you hurt yourself,” said Than with a grin on his face.

“You’re calling the woman of my dreams fragile?  Have you ever taken the time to look at Than?” asked Kaph 5.

“Sit down before I hurt you,” repeated Than with a slight modification of wording an tone.

“Pft,” replied Krius as he pulled himself out of the booth, got close enough to Skylla to figure out she was taller than him, and then quickly sat back down.

“Let’s go to a table where smart ass isn’t,” ordered Skylla.  Sion followed Kaph 3 to a vacant table out of earshot of the rest of the group.  “You shouldn’t hang out with him, he’s a bad influence.”

“And you’re a perfect little angel?” replied Than.

“No, got a problem with it?”

“Not really...”

--SC of Kaph Squadron

3rd Place in Wiki.

Tomas
ComNet Cadet

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  287
Total Posts:  553
November 22, 2007 12:12:05 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
Tallied here.
Chief Warrant Officer 'Tomas' Dagoram
Imperial Guardian
Squadron Commander of Viper Squadron
SC/CWO Tomas/Viper 1-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE
(=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [MC2] [VC:B] [CBV] [SoV] [DSM] [HSA] [BoH] [LoM] [IG]
Academy Trainer (T-1)

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."
"Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity." - Gladiator
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Kaph - Reverse Engineering  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:06:30 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 79  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >