Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Phoenix Wing - Cloaked Reunion

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Phoenix Wing - Cloaked Reunion
TheStrangler
ComNet n00b

TheStrangler

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  23
Total Posts:  46
  RE: Phoenix Wing - Cloaked Reunion
June 1, 2007 10:54:08 PM    View the profile of TheStrangler 
Enzadi was in his element. New people with new experiences to relate really had brightened himself. He listened intently to the Nazguls and to his fellow Kaphs: Etan, Cyleaf, Tomas, Skylla, and he had gotten to better know Than. He really liked Than. One could say that they were quasi-foils. Than was smart, but more serious than the Strangler. But that was to be only expected of a Squadron Commander.

Throughout the meeting, Enzadi silently chuckled. Nazgul needed pilots. How....quaint. Yet he wouldn't display any outward dissention. The Navy was his life now. His mother, his father, his friends. Whatever was asked of him, he would do. But that jester part of him, buried deep in his heart, couldn't resist laughing a little bit.

His folder was assigned to him: apparently he was to be know as Urion Tibul, a 22 year old just out of NR training. His callsign fit though: Joker. "Fittingly ironic," he chuckled to himself. Yet one thing irked him about the mission: the crafts. They needed to fly Y-Wings. Detestable crafts, every single one of them. The Strangler, or the Joker, now seemingly interchangeable terms, wandered back to Kaph's Rec Room, hoping to better acquaint himself with the Nazguls. Their resident new kid, Skar, had spoken with him earlier and he had hopes to renew that conversation. But when he returned to the room, he was the first arrival. Taking advantage of this soon-to-be gone solitude, Enzadi sat himself on a couch lining one of the walls, and kicked back to get a few winks.

"I love sleep," he thought as he descended into that familiarly unknown world, his dreams carrying him.A giant spider, iridescently trampling a farm town, to yield to a giant snake wearing a vest. A red vest, Enzadi thought as he watch from everywhere and no point at once. A nice red vest. Nice cut, and nice color. Those were the sort of dreams Enzadi had. He woke, with a start, at what he thought was the sound of entry from the door. He looked about, dazed, and just bided his time waiting for Squadmates. Urion Tibul. Joker. He chuckled at how ironic that had been. In the sky he intended to ask Than about that.

-----------------------
FM/SCRW Enzadi Malko/Kaph 2/Phoenix Wing/mSSDAtrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=*A*=)[SoA][BRC]

Lymph-(v.) To walk with a lisp
Tomas
ComNet Novice

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  76
Total Posts:  553
June 2, 2007 10:48:53 AM    View the profile of Tomas 
Exiting the rec room, Tomas moved down the hall towards the briefing room. Slightly quicker, he noticed than Trevor and Tokijin who lumbered on at leisurely pace caught up in a conversation. Looking at the pilots around him he also realized that for the most part Nazgul had managed to pack up and get on there way a shade before Kaph who Tomas could see slowly advancing at the far end of the hall. Hmm, perhaps that Elite status has been growing on them...'We're elite, you need us...so you'll just have to wait your pretty little head till we're ready to go', Tomas thought in mock explanation allowing himself to briefly chuckle just as he reached the door to the briefing room. A number of Nazgul pilots were already seated throughout the rows and Tomas grinned inwardly in approval. Catching sight of the new guy to his flight, he decided to take a seat beside him before pulling out his datapad in an attempt to find out what their mission would entail.

"PO Dagoram, right?" the new pilot asked, turning towards Tomas, who responded by glancing up from his datapad briefly before put it down altogether.

"Huh, yeah, you're the new guy...or one of them.  I didn't catch your name?" Tomas asked. Another flightmate...hopefully this time it ends better... was all he could think about.

"Petty Officer Phennir, used to be a Wing Adjutant in Thrawn's fleet before...well...You're my flight leader, huh.  Got any tips?" The other pilot replied, looking back down at his datapad as he finished. Glancing over, Tomas noticed it was off but didn't say anything. If he wants to tell me, he'll tell me...just have to give him time.

"Wing Adje huh...well.  Good luck.  The VE runs a lot different from Thrawn.  You'll see."  He decided to say, Thrawn...from what I"ve heard he's a hell of a leader...from what he's done against the NR as of late...a Wing Adjutant...this pilot must've done something to impress people. With this, Tomas picked up his datapad again and finished going over the mission details as the rest of Nazgul and Kaph seated themselves, with Trevor and Tokijin bringing up the rear.

** A Couple Minute Later **

Tomas stood at attention as Trevor approached the front of the room. Once they had been instructed to be seated, he gave a slight of approval to some of the newer recruits who did likewise. It's good to see they've got some discipline in them.

Listening to what Trevor had to say, Tomas couldn't help but smile as he looked at the disgusted faces of some of the other pilots. Y-wings, eh? I've flown in a lot worse growing up...sure they aren't the most agile ships in the universe, but they sure beat some of the junk heaps we had back on Bastion during those few rough years. As Trevor's conclusion turned into a motivational speech of sorts, Tomas joined the other pilots in standing and applauding.

Trevor finished and introduced Wing Commander Shazam to continue where he left off and Tomas once again stood at attention. Lead by example...lead by example.

Tomas listened intently to all Shazam had to say and Trevor, too who once again came up to further explain the situation...

"You are each being presented with a folder, and in this folder are your new personal details. Name, age, marital status, home world, ex cetera. Memorize it, learn it, and get used to being called by it. Your callsign is also in there. In Hussar squadron we did use 'Hussar One' and 'Hussar Two' and so forth, but normally we'd just call each other by a preferred callsign. That's how things will be this time too."

Shazam once again returned to the podium briefly before dismissing the pilots to go about their busines. Tomas took this opportunity to glance over his folder... Brayton Kelt, 28, soft spoken pilot who encourages others through leading by example. That seems to be about right...wait 28!?!? How am I going to pull that off? Tomas continued reading and let a muffled "oh" as he found his designated callsign..."Babyface"...I guess that explains it....

-----------------------
Petty Officer 1st Class 'Tomas' Dagoram
FL/PO1 Tomas/Nazgul 3-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE (=*A*=) [SoA] [MC1]

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."

Clearly Canadian!
Tokijin
ComNet Initiate

Tokijin

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  160
Total Posts:  258
June 2, 2007 12:09:35 AM    View the profile of Tokijin 
Tokijin and Trevor walked along at a slow pace, trying to catch up with each other what they could before the briefing started. She still hadn't told him the truth about who had broken her nose, but after just lying about it she wasn't going to turn herself in just yet. But it was when Kaph past them did she realize that if they kept walking at the same pace they would get there after the briefing was over. Couldn't be late to her first briefing back could she?

She looked up to Trevor, mentioning something about the briefing and getting there on time. He let out a laugh and reminded her that it couldn't start without him anyway. She looked down at the ground and let out a small "Oh yeah.." But he could tell she was anxious and let them speed up their pace. Tokijin was so excited she could almost giggle, but would try and hold it in and instead let a smile consume the features on her face.

She never once thought that she would be excited for a briefing. Briefings talked about missions, and these missions gave her oppertunities to screw up majorly. But maybe she had changed while she was on the Doashim. She knew she had acquired more of a taste for alcohol and she had learned a whole bunch about technical machinery, but had she gotten her wish?

Before she had jumped on the ship she had such a bottomless pit of uncertainty. She felt like she could die, she felt so unsure, so afraid. Just thinking about it now made her feel almost sick. But maybe the new experience had changed her for the better. Maybe by meeting new people, making new friends and doing new things, and taking a break from what had constantly made her nervous and doubtful had filled her with new hope.

She brightened slightly at the thought of it and looked up from deep in her thoughts to realize that they were already in the meeting room and she was already sitting in her seat. What in the world? How did I miss this! How had she missed entering the room, and taking her seat? Had she been that oblivious? She was amazed that that had happened, but she shook it off since the briefing was starting. . . But still how could she miss that? She was shaken out of her shocked state when people began to talk and she made herself listen.

. . . Y-Wings. After just listening for a few minutes, all that she had thought about just a few minutes ago had died, the confidence left her like mist rising from a lake in the early morn. Sure, she might be more confident, but up in the air? No. She was going to die. She had minimal experience with Y-Wings, and she would need a helluva lot of practice. She slumped slightly in her chair as she was handed her folder for the mission. She didn't want to look. She wanted to practice so everyone wouldn't get screwed over in space by her poor Y-wing piloting skills. She wanted to sigh deeply but wouldn't let herself while the briefing was still going on. But as soon as she heard the word 'dismissed' she let it out. She just stared at the folder in her hands, not exactly wanting to open it. She didn't want another identity. She already had one! She didn't need a second alias. She sighed again and slowly opened the folder looking at it's contents.

She would be known as Akivia Lee. Interesting. Her callsign would be Spinner. Twenty-three years old, keeps to herself, can be cold or warm, and has a nature confusing to others. Ah, well. This is interesting. Going to find out how good of an actress I am. Because this person is totally opposite from me! She stood up with the others and found Trevor amongst the fray as everyone was trying to leave at the same time, save for a few people. He had found her and they left the briefing room.

"So what code name and everything did you get?" She gave him a sad look without meaning to and he caught it, but she summarized what her papers said anyway.

"Akivia Lee, callsign Spinner. And basically the exact opposite personality I have. And 'my' home world I've never even heard of. Something like, Avikica, or Avikisa." She struggled with the name of the planet, only to get a laugh from Trevor.

"I'm sure you'll do fine Miss Akivia." She looked at him and the confident smile on his face, then down at the folder again. Her knuckles turned white as she clutched onto the folder tightly.

"That's not it. I'm not very good at piloting Y-Wings. I'm afraid I'll get everyone killed." Her voice grew quiet so that Trevor had to lean in to hear what she was saying.

"Oh is that it? Toks, we've got an entire week to spend practicing. And one thing I've learned in all my experience," he waved his hand at the word experience, "is that if you know how to pilot one craft, you catch on fairly quickly when it comes to the piloting of, let's say, a Y-wing." He knew that it will take some quainty of practice to fully get the hang of piloting a Y-wing, but he hoped that what he said would help to lift her spirits at least a tiny bit.

"Yeah. . . Ok, so maybe I can do this. How hard could flying a silly old y-wing be?" She put on a strong face, and that bit of new hope that she had recieved earlier had been signaled to hurry in, and she was comforted slightly. But in the back of her mind, worry and doubt were still lurking.

-----------------------
TECH/CPO Tokijin/Phoenix Wing/Str Doashim/1FL/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [BWC] [VC:B]

[This message has been edited by Tokijin (edited June 2, 2007 7:44:40 PM)]
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Division Head

Post Number:  1225
Total Posts:  1963
June 2, 2007 12:43:00 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
After the meeting Jaden made his way back to his office to check out the information that he had been given for the mission.  He had had the folder for some time now,  but had brought himself to not read it until after the briefing, just so that it would be a bit of a suprise to him.

Upon entering the office, Jaden was happy to see that the pot of coffee was done and that there was another pack of cigarettes laying on his desk.  Jaden quickly poured a cup of joe and lit up a cigarette before cracking the folder open and viewing the contents.

"Vo Tik'ar.  29 year old Veteran Pilot.  Easily angered and ill tempered.  Doesn't get along well with new pilots.  Homeworld: Moorja.  Callsign: Gringo.  Former Pirate, Smuggler.  Spent 3 years in CorSec as an officer and retired to start own business."

Pfft...Ill Tempered and doesn't get along well with new pilots.  I guess that I can work with that....

Jaden finished reading the rest of the information in the folder and finished his cup of coffee.  As he was on his way to get another cup, Jaden noticed an incoming message on his terminal at his desk.  He quickly accepted the incoming message.  It was from Trevor.

"Looks like we are going to be running some simulations Jaden," said Trevor, "I'd like you to be down here at the sim unit within the next half hour."

Jaden pondered the thought for a moment.  He had only flown a Y-wing once, but he was familiar with the simulations.  He had a pretty decent score on the simulation run scoreboards in the sim unit area, so he figured that he would head down and see what was going on.

"Alright, I'll be down there in probably 10-15 minutes.  Is this a custom run?"

"Yeap...me and Reaper put it together.  It'll test your knowledge on these Y-wings better than you thought it could.  Don't underestimate this simulation..."

"Oh...don't worry, I wont," said Jaden as he ended the conversation screen.

Jaden quickly shut the coffee machine off and exited the office to head to the mess hall for something to eat.  Surely Fonze the cook was there, making something that was delicious enough to make someones day.

Jaden made his way to the mess hall quickly, noticing that more and more people were heading down the hall towards the simulation area.  Aparently all of the pilots were coming to this run.  Jaden knew that he was up against one of the best Y-wing pilots that had been in the NR, but he had no idea what he was getting into.

Fonze stood at the counter of the mess hall and waved to Jaden as he walked into the room.  Jaden quickly made his way over to the counter and gave Fonze a smile.

"How's it been going?" asked Jaden

"Ah, pretty good.  We've got some really good Nerf Subs on the menu today.  Care to try one?" asked Fonze

"Yea, sure, I'll take one," said Jaden, reaching into his pocket to pull out some of his spare credits.  Fonze took the money with pleasure and put it in his pocket.

"You know, you and Shazam have been some of my best customers around here.  I don't know how the kitchen would be doing here if I didn't have you two coming down for snacks all the time.  I'm out of Sundrop already.  Shazam and Chipmunk must love that stuff...," said Fonze

"Yea, they sure do," said Jaden, taking a bit of the sandwhich.  Jaden gave a smile of pleasure as the wonderful taste hit his tongue.  Fonze always knew how to treat somebody.

"Alright, I've got to head down to the simulation unit and start getting ready for the upcoming mission," said Jaden, "You have a nice day, thanks for the good food"

As Jaden was exiting the room, he couldn't help but notice the table of secretarys eating their lunch.  Their uniforms were so destracting!  Jaden knew a couple of them, but he had also heard that they weren't fond of the pilots.  Some kind of rule against going out with the pilots of the navy, as if something bad had been going around about them.

Jaden waved to the group of ladies as he exited the mess hall, a smile apearing on his face as he entered the hall.  It was now only minutes before the simulation run would start, and he knew that it would be a good one.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
NazgulSquadron
Naval Academy Executive Officer
-----------------------------------------------------------
FM/2LT Jaden Khaar/Nazgul 3-2 (Nazgul 10)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (*=TE=*) [VC:S][LSM][SV][CBV](x2)[GWC]
-----------------------------------------------------------
TXO/2LT Jaden Khaar/Venom 1-2 (Venom 2)/Phoenix Wing/Platform Saratoga/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (*=TE=*) [VC:S][LSM][SV][CBV](x2)[GWC]
etan evnstar
ComNet Member

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Leading Crewman

Post Number:  334
Total Posts:  423
June 2, 2007 10:57:47 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Etan's dreams went further than ever before. Not that Etan hadn't had dreams before, it was just that, this time they were more alive, vivid you might say. It was as if a force, unknown to him, had captured his mind, forcing him to see the past, present and future.

His fitful sleep alarmed some of those who did not know him. Tomas passing by the Kaph crew quarters, raised alarm when he heard Etan crying out, in his sleep, oblivious to the outside world. Casca stopped, on his way to the Nazgul quarters. "Don't worry Tomas. Now that is a Wookie sleeping." he chided as he took Tomas along by the sleeve to sleep their own fitful dreams.

First, Etan dreamt of being a child. His father had just come home from whatever he was doing. Outside their home on the planet of Kashykk, his father had completely dissembled the Y-wing bomber that he had flown. Parts lay all about the ground and in the shoppe next to their home. Etan, at the time, had not noticed this. With and without his dream, he remembered the time, just not the circumstances. Now, within his dream, he remembered. He remembered going out to ask his father to play. He remembered his father chiding him about how busy he was and how important this rehaul of the craft was to the future of all of them. Etan remembered, leaving his father to his task, and all the loneliness he felt inside. Further the dream went on as he played with his friends, then suddenly, his father appeared out of nowhere( or at least it had seemed that way to a young wookie ). " Are you ready for a flight in my newly rebuit Y-wing? " Etans father had asked. " oh Yes daddy ,oh yes. " Etan cried as a young wookie wailer.

All the other young wookies watched as Etan and his father climbed aboard the rebuilt Y-wing. All were jealous as they took that flight, first around the neighboring area and then towards the stars. The next thing you know, is that Etan is piloting the same Y-wing several years later. His uncles are hailing him on the com. "Etan are you listening? Several NR capital ships are converging on our space. Can you intercept and reply? repeat......"

His dreams fell into deeper thoughts. " Young wookie, wake up. Can you hear us. Young wookie, wake up." He clears his mind of all thoughts and dreams. Suddenly he is in an Imperial observatory. Several doctors are gathered close around him. From out of the shadows comes a familiar voice. " I say Master Etan, have you had a good dream?" C3Pwo emerges from the shadows, giving Etan a familiar face to look at. Etan rises from the table he once was ridden to. Stretching his arms and yawning like a clown, Etan glances around the room.

C3Pwo is replaced by an unknown figure. Someone that should be known to him ,yet, isn't. " So you think you can pull the wool over our eyes and infiltrate our section of the GALAXY? Well, I have some news for youuuuuu , Imperial pilot." the figure declares while arming a blaster. The sound of powering up precedes the sound of a blaster firing directly into the heart of Etan seconds before he wakes for real.

Heart pounding, Etan jumps up out of his bunk. As if his dreams were real, Etan glances around the quarters. Several of the Kaph members had already taken to sleep. While several bunks lay empty, only one member lye awake. And Etan's glance met his in a moment........ That is all, that is to be continued. Whose glance I met? Also to Jaden who posted last and all of you, very good posts. How do you all think of all this stuff?

-----------------------
Grammar, mechanics, punctuation, spelling, diction, effectiveness in the science, and larger elements are the facts at hand. The Harbrace College Handbook edited by JOHN C. HODGES

FM/LCR ETAN EVNSTAR/Kaph 7/flight 2/mSSD Atrus/def/VEN/VE/(=A=) Phoenix wing
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 2, 2007 10:58:59 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 2, 2007 11:18:35 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 2, 2007 11:25:45 PM)]
Arturus
ComNet Marshal

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant

Post Number:  1771
Total Posts:  2143
June 3, 2007 12:43:24 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
Tally.

-----------------------
SCAP, WADJ/1LT Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/STCR Doashim/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][CBV][LSM][LoC][BWC][SWC][GWC]
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  520
Total Posts:  760
June 4, 2007 7:10:20 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Than's Part of the Briefing

Sion stepped up to the podium.  It was the first time doing a briefing and his chest felt like there was a pendulum swinging back and forth in it, hitting the wall on either side at its extremes.  It didn't help that it was not only to his pilots but to Nazgul as well.  Though he wouldn't show it on the outside, he wished very much that he wasn't here.

"Well, I don't have much more to say that Lieutenant Trevor hasn't already covered," stated Kaph 1 in an even voice.  "I want to make it clear to Kaph that I will respect the command arrangements for this mission, I expect you all to do the same.  Though I cannot tell you what to do, I hope that Nazgul will treat me with the same respect. 

Now that that was said, I will move on.  Kaph, I will be having you logging a minimum of seven hours worth of Y-Wing training a day starting tomorrow.  These fighters are very different from the Interceptors we are used to so the extra practice is more than necessary.

That is about it, but before I step down I would like to make Kaph's command positions clear.  You all ready know that Cyleaf has been made the second flight Leader, but there have been other changes since then.  Demonic has returned to the squadron, I have reappointed him has the Executive Officer."  It is interesting how in the time he was gone that I have went from being his subordinate to his superior.  I am glade that this fact hasn't seemed to cause hard feelings.  "The other change is a little more interesting.  After some productive discussion, Skylla has agreed to be moved to the first flight.  Now this isn't because of anything that she has done wrong.  As you all know, reforms are being made in Phoenix Wing that are goaled at making the Navy more flight oriented.  Skylla was relieved of her leadership of flight three because I know she would work very well with the other members of flight one.  Her replacement is C-3PX2." 

Every biological but Than turned their gaze to a heavily armed droid that had, up to now, been considered as security to those that didn't know "his" affiliation with Kaph.  His lifeless eyes looked back upon them.

Than Sion continued talking as if C-3PX2 was flesh and blood.  "He has shown in combat that he is worthy of the position and that he has the skills to handle the challenges.  That is all."

Sion returned to his seat.  Some of them are not going to like it but they will have to deal with it.

Kaph 9

He did well.  She knew that Than had been nervous about the briefing.  He had told her on the way back from the mess hall that he was afraid that he would mess up.  Skylla was the only one that he told about the stresses and fears that his quick advancement had brought forth.  To everybody else he seemed to be a stone wall, nothing got to him, nothing could hurt him.  But she feared that one day Than would crack and it wouldn't be a pretty event. 

She thought back to her earlier conversation with Skar.  He was like Than in the sense that he judged here by who she was, not by her cup size.  She had taken a liking to him quickly and wouldn't be surprised if they talked again.

It was true what Than had said, she had left the position willingly.  She agreed with the points he made and understood that she would be more useful flying in the first flight.  She never really took the third flight leader position anyways.

(OCC: It was fine that you edited my post, Trevor.  It saved time by you doing directly instead telling me what to change.  I understand that under the circumstances you were unable to ask me first.  As for a message to Kaph, the squadron isn't made up of just Etan and I.  Where did you all go?)

(OCC2: Lol, I wrote this whole thing some time ago and some how never posted it while thinking I did.  Sorry about that, guys.) 

-----------------------
ESC/ESN Than Sion/Kaph 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)(=MA=)[LoM][VC:S][CBV](x2)[MC:1][GWC]{VB}

--SC of Kaph Squadron

Elite is our title, we must defend this honor!
TheStrangler
ComNet Novice

TheStrangler

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  25
Total Posts:  46
June 4, 2007 8:30:11 PM    View the profile of TheStrangler 
As Enzadi waited in the rec room for Kaph Squadron after his bizarre nap, the Strangler's thoughts started to wander to the past briefing, with Skylla being replaced by the droid. Now, granted, Enzadi did not doubt the machine's flying ability:it was precise, accurate, and had a hell of a lot of kills. But what he did question was the droid's leadership ability: how could a droid lead people? It DOES NOT THINK. Like always, Enzadi would never show outward dissent, but he just kept that little bit bubbling about in the back of his mind, neglected. He probably wouldn't remember his thoughts later in the day. But instead of staying where he put it, the thought came back: why have a robot insteead of a human? He disagreed with Than on this one, but he forcibly let the thought drop.

His thoughts turned to a new subject: where was everybody? he had been waiting here long enough for his thoughts to begin wandering, so it must have been quite the long time. He glanced, just to make himself sure that there was no other persons in the room.

"Hello?" he said aloud, questioningly. He looked around madly, and sprung up of the couch, straightening his uniform with a few smooths, making himself presentable. He exited the room, immediately crashing his rather large form into a rack moved by a grunt, gathering parts for something. The grunt, a short man with a notably thick mustache, was visibly offended.

"Hey man, what are you thinkin'?" he said in a thick outland accent. He had black hair like that of his mustache, and he was portly.

Formulating a witty comeback for the grunt, Enzadi said "Imperial Inconsideracy Day, man. Sorry 'bout that." And with that, Enzadi was off in the opposite direction, leaving the thickly mustachio'd man to grumble and pick up the fallen parts. The only thing that Enzadi could think about was that man's mustache, and the thickness. Like he had seen it somewhere before. Oh well, it didn't matter. He checked a wall clock. It read 2050. He had to be somewhere. The canteen! Drinks! Than was buying the squadrons drinks!

Taking a route he really didn't know, Enzadi made his way to the Enlisted Club, meeting the squadrons just in time for the first round, where Than said they could have anything they wanted. Mmmm....Enzadi thought. Enzadi sauntered to the bar, asking for his favorite alcohol: Mad Mrelf, a bizarre Corellian ale drunk by spacers and natives. He really didn't take company with anybody, raising laughs from everybody. After a while, he spoke with Than regarding the last mission and how Enzadi had taken down that Lancer. he kept saying, to Than "If you hadn't missed, I wouldn't have known where to hit, I swear man!" Than turned in at about 2300, but Enzadi wasn't really ready. He was only on his second drink, and would buy himself another before turning in. He retreated to his own company, as his squadmates filed out and other enlisted men filed in. He took a seat at the end of the bar, surveying what scenes did and did not occur. He checked the clock again: 2325. Bed was Enzadi's only thought now.

He cleared his tab, leaving a fairly generous tip to the bartender. He downed his drink, and went back to his quarters. What a day, Enzadi thought. And tomorrow, Y-Wing training. He stripped down, and sleep was his only concern. He was looking forward to this, even though he detested craft other than Imperial ones. Sleep came gradually, in little bursts, and Enzadi's thought about C-3PX returned. Enzadi's last conscious thought was one he had thought earlier that day: why Than, why?

-----------------------
FM/SCRW Enzadi Malko/Kaph 2/Phoenix Wing/mSSDAtrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=*A*=)[SoA][BRC]

Lymph-(v.) To walk with a lisp
[This message has been edited by TheStrangler (edited June 4, 2007 8:39:23 PM)]
[This message has been edited by TheStrangler (edited June 4, 2007 8:52:46 PM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  522
June 4, 2007 8:32:25 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
It was almost 2100 and Than Sion had the whole Kaph crew there minus Etan and Will.  Etan ran off with Casca somewhere and Willtconq had been called up for some official business with the higher ups.  The bar was one of the few random ones scattered across the Atrus.  In the past, something like this may have been done in the Enlisted Club, though his rank plaque now made him unwelcome there.  No more free ale on Fridays, though what do I care?  I barely ever drink.  The Nazgul pilots began to file into the predetermined bar seeming famished.  Some had the look in their eye that one gets when playing holo games for too long.  But Than knew better, he knew that Trevor had been drilling them in the simulators.

"So, it seems that it is time to do good on that bet," Said Trevor to Than with a grin on his face.  He turned to the bar tender.  "Give the Kaph boys and gal one of what ever they want for their first round and put it on my tab.  Than and Skylla won it for them."

He then went to a table with Toki.  It seemed they never ran out of things to talk about.  Sion's men were easy on the bill, buying what they would have anyways.  Skylla got something non-alcoholic, she had been completely sober since the day that Sion pulled her out of the Enlisted Club on Abrae a handful of months ago.  Than Sion got a Corellian whisky which he drank sparingly.  He had one hang over in his life and didn't wish to repeat the experience.  He eventually came to the point where he stood up and tapped on the oversized shot glass.

"To Kaph and Nazgul Squadrons, may we be at our best and have luck during the mission ahead," toasted Kaph Leader.

After the short period of agreeing chatter, Than went over to Trevor and Tokijin's table.

"May I have a word with you for a second?" asked Sion to Nazgul Leader.  "It wont take long."

"Sure," replied Trevor, pushing his chair out and standing up.  They walked over to a quiet corner.

"So, what is this about?" asked Trevor.

"It is about Casca.  Etan may trust the Thrawnist completely, but I am more reserved about him."

"I understand.  I can assure you, I have been keeping an eye on him."

"I just wanted to make sure.  I think you already understand that it is best if we keep our shared caution to ourselves in order to avoid causing trouble."

"Of course."

With that they returned to their original places.  Than Sion didn't say much for the rest of the night.  The only real conversation he had after the "hush, hush" one with Trevor was with his Wingman, Enzadi.  It was short and pertained to talking about taking down the Lancer Frigate in the last mission.  The pilots began to turn in for the night at about 2230.  At 2300, Than left the establishment but went to his office instead of his quarters.  He had some things to do and wanted to do some serious thinking while at it.  There was something bugging him and he wouldn't be able to go to sleep until he figured out exactly what...

(OCC: Again, sorry about my screw up with my last post.  It would have been a lot more helpful if it was posted when I thought it was to the members of Kaph).   

-----------------------
ESC/ESN Than Sion/Kaph 5/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE(=A=)(=*SA*=)(=MA=)[LoM][VC:S][CBV](x2)[MC:1][GWC]{VB}

--SC of Kaph Squadron

Skar Darkanto
ComNet Novice

Skar Darkanto

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  25
Total Posts:  54
June 5, 2007 8:57:35 AM    View the profile of Skar Darkanto 
Skar stumbled into a wall for what felt like the hundreth time. He wasn't quite sure how long he had actually spent in the simulators, but he was definetely exhausted.

Admittedly, he had gained some respect for the Y-Wings. They were a little bit nippier than he had first imagined, although not much. Not enough to stop him swapping it in for an Interceptor at the first chance he got. They were also.....big. Big was a funny way to put it, but it was really the only way. The interceptor was very small and agile, the Y-Wing was quite a bit bigger. Space seemed a whole lot smaller when he was piloting it.

He was happy with himself though. He was by no means the most talented pilot in the simulator, but he surprised himself at just how well he did. He surprised a number of the others as well. Skar smiled to himself as he remembered how close he got to taking down Trevor. It was mostly luck, no doubt about it. Trevor was a hell of a pilot, people with twice Skar's experience wouldn't get anywhere near to taking him down.

Skar stumbled through the door in the Nazgul Quarters. he had a quick glance around and confirmed he was the only one awake. Just how Skar liked it. He flicked off the lights that someone had left on and walked across to the Nazgul lounge. Grabbing himself a drink, he settled down on one of the sofa's and lost himself in thought.

His first day in active duty had been, eventful, to say the least. Somehow he had never saw his first task was going to be to play a game of pool, but it was a nice surprise. The Nazgul bunch seemed friendly enough as well. Kaph were somewhat more intimidating, especially the wookie. The langugage sounded terrifying to anyone that couldn't actually understand it. His facial expressions weren't able to tell Skar that much either.

He retired to bed just before midnight.

-----------------------
Skar Darkanto/ Kanderin Draken
Crewman Skar Darkanto, Nazgul Squadron
FM/SCRW Skar Darkanto/Nazgul Squadron 2-6/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=)
etan evnstar
ComNet Member

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  341
Total Posts:  423
June 5, 2007 7:19:46 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Etan had barely woke and arose, when the sound of a familiar voice beckoned him." Master Etan where are you...." it trailed off into infinity. Etan sat up. The Kaph quarters lay empty except for him. He had woken from a deep and mysterious sleep. The time for analyzing every thing that had happened in his dreams, was not now. Now, he wondered where the rest of his flight was at. The friends he had once known, had abandoned him. These were the eclectic thoughts that ran through Etan's mind. Of course he knew better than that. "Think Etan. Think.." he said to himself as loneliness crept in about him." No, no, we have a briefing I am late for."

Etan jumped up, grabbing his medicinal satchel that he always kept on his side. Hardly had he gotten out of the door, when Skar Dankto, a Nazgul FM, mentioned to Etan" Flight simulators? They are great don't you think?" Smiling Skar stood back at the end of the line waiting his next turn to crash and burn. Commander Than, by-passed all the other pilots, walking right up to Etan asking him to go to the front of the line and take his turn next. Etan hadn't wanted to show his skills with a Y-Wing, but what Etan wanted wasn't important. Tomas, Nazgul flight 3 leader, had just exited the simulator with a barely passing grade, while Etan was forced into the cramped simulator. Automatically, Etan did a preflight check, as if it was second nature to him. The flight one simulation was intact. The Y- wing took off from an undisclosed simulation, flying at an unknown coordinate towards the stars. Etan took the simulator off auto-pilot controls and spread his wings. He imagined he was flying towards home, when an Tie fighter came within his sights.

Now Tie-fighters he knew. Y-wings he knew. Of the two, he knew the Tie Fighter to be a superior fighter. But, he knew Y-wings too, and he knew of a weakness in the Ties. If he could just get this Y-wing to barrel roll and then to do a 180 degree turn, turning in upon the Tie fighters flank, and hitting the closest side panel, it would spin that fighter into a roll it couldn't come out of. He did exactly that. Seconds later, the Y-wing simulator shut down.

Commander Trevor Evenson and Etan's own flight leader Cyleaf Aehait, asked him to stand down. Etan waited as the simulator made several rolls and then parked itself upon an Imperial Starship simulator. Etan felt confident as he exited the hatch. Than Sion congratulated him as he hit the floor." From what I can see, you will be an exception to our pirate squadron."

"OUR PIRATE SQUADRON." was all Etan had heard. A pirate he had been. A pirate he was before being enlisted in the VEN. What if one of these pirates they were trying to infiltrate, recognized him. What if they recognized him as one who became a part of the VEN. And still worse yet, what if they recognized him as a pirate and he had to betray that pirate oath.

Etan was so confused. Although, he was so up to any mission after his last, he wasn't sure, he was up to this.......

To be edited........

-----------------------
Grammar, mechanics, punctuation, spelling, diction, effectiveness in the science, and larger elements are the facts at hand. The Harbrace College Handbook edited by JOHN C. HODGES

FM/LCR ETAN EVNSTAR/Kaph 7/flight 2/mSSD Atrus/def/VEN/VE/(=A=) Phoenix wing
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 5, 2007 7:37:23 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited June 5, 2007 8:24:30 PM)]
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  526
June 6, 2007 8:35:20 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
This office once belonged to another man.  When this man received this office with its large desk he had to rebuild Kaph Squadron from basically scratch.  Than Sion learned much from this man during his time in Kaph.  He wouldn't be half the Squadron Commander he was with out him.  This office belonged to that man no more.  The chair beyond the desk no longer seemed as significant as it once did.  The desk no longer a great symbol of power.  It was as though the room became mortal when it changed ownership to Sion.  It seemed as though the name marker upon the desk was a spade that had hollowed out the room.  Not only figuratively but literally since Than never took much to decoration.  Sion felt that he had big shoes to fill.

Kaph 1 was flipping through paper work by lamp light.  He wondered how Will remained sane throughout these years with all this paper work.  Most of it was useless garbage that's only purpose was to please the bureaucrats.  He was working on something pertaining to why fighter demonstrations by Kaph Squadron over Abrae were necessary.  Some hot shot politician thought they were an unnecessary show of power, just providing more "evidence" that the Vast Empire's push toward the core was purely an act of Imperialism.  It is idiots like these in the New Republic that give us openings for victory with their delays and tunnel vision.

Sion took a break to check his messages.  He was happy to see that the new sensor packages for Kaph's Interceptors were finally in.  He was even happier to see that Kaph's tech crew was already on installing them in the next message he read.  Even though Kaph got the best fighter maintenance in the VEN, the ones that Nazgul had couldn't be much worst.  But everybody knows that Thrawnists are extreme perfectionists.

Than Sion looked over at the amber bottle of pills on his desk.  It had been a month since the medics discovered the problem in a routine checkup.  It wasn't something that was rapid, but it was also something that couldn't be ignored.  They said that in some cases the pills were enough, but most of the time surgery was needed.  Sion chose to push the thought to the back of his head.  He removed the bottle from his desktop and stuck it into one of the drawers.  No one needed to know about it.  He didn't want them to worry about him.

He heard his door hiss open.  He didn't know exactly why he had an open door policy.  Probably because it made things less awkward and talks less cumbersome.  He looked up from his latest packet of paper work to see a man with dark hair and red eyes enter the room.  Sion looked at his watch, 0005.

"What brings you here at this late hour, Demonic," asked Sion.

"Same reason you are, burning the midnight oil," replied Demonic with a faint grin.  "But more specifically I need to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"Why did you give the droid the third flight leader position?" asked Kaph 4 in a neutral tone.

"I know someone would get the guts to ask eventually.  I've learned by now that that droid doesn't have ordinary programming.  I don't mean just the fact that he is programmed to kill even though his base was originally made for protocol.  He doesn't have the usually 'slowness' of most droids.  Even though he shows no emotions, it almost seems like he can grasp concepts that most believe are monopolized by flesh and blood.  I want to see the range of his capabilities."

"Are you telling me that you're risking the well being of our squadron on an anthropological experiment based off a hunch?"

"What is there such a big risk about?"

(OCC:  Demonic, you can work off this if you want.  I can also finish it in my next post.)

-----------------------

--SC of Kaph Squadron

[This message has been edited by Than Sion (edited June 6, 2007 8:35:42 PM)]
C-3PX2
ComNet Cadet

C-3PX2

Post Number:  211
Total Posts:  619
June 6, 2007 9:01:42 PM    View the profile of C-3PX2 
C-3PX2 walked through the hallways, onboard the mSSD Atrus. He had just gotten back from Etti IV, where a rebellion of citizens had taken down the planet's government. He was a part of a droid army that was being used to fight the Rebels. After a long two months on the planet, the armies of Etti IV were defeated. The government fell, and C-3PX2 was forced to flee the planet. Having no place left to go, he decided it would be best to return to his faction, and to return to serving the empire. He was back, and ready for anything the enemy could throw at him.

But there were priorities first; he walked into a mechanical station and used the computer to transfer the virus he had into his leg, enabling the auto save capabilities. He then used the Auto-Save feature. H had a lot of memories to save, memories of fallen comrades. Especially of his master, Earthjedi, He was listed as Killed in Action during the war. C-3PX2's Search was finally over, his master was no more. He was finally able to his duties as a pilot in the Imperial Navy. He finished the save and left to go to the Kaph Squadron Quarters. While walking there, he noticed something strange. Both Kaph Squadron and Nazgul Squadron were on the Atrus at the same time. Normally; either one, if not both, squadrons were on a mission. C-3PX2 walked into the Nazgul Quarters, "Are our squadrons flying together?" 3PX2 asked Tomas. "Yea, apparently since the pilot numbers are lacking, they decided it would be best to have both our squadrons fly together." Tomas replied. Tomas, after coming out of the simulators, looked strangely relaxed. Normally when someone comes out of the Sims, they are tired. C-3PX2 noted this and decided to spend some time flying on the simulators.

After spending a half hour on the Sims, 3PX2 continued on his way towards the Kaph Quarters. He noted that everything in the halls was in its place and clean. The mSSD Atrus looked to be the Cleaned ship 3PX2 had ever seen, almost too clean. Most star destroyers have broken panels, or blast markings. The Atrus looked at it has been cleaned by laser, a fine even cleaning. After seeing this he continued on his way, and made it to the Kaph Squadron Quarters, to unpack and get some time to check logs.A long the way he found that many of the pilots were at the Atrus' bar. He decided to go to the bar and catch up with some of the pilots he flew with. So he continued down the halls to the bar. When he walked in he was surprised, at all the holo-pannels in the bar. But he was also not surprised that that's were most of the crew was at. The sat down at the bar, and turned on one of the holo-net panels. He opened up the recent galactic news and began to read. He was surprised to read an article on the war on Etti IV.

Meanwhile, in one of the Atrus' Hanger Bays

"Sir, you need to show identification before i can allow you to leave your ship." an officer said to a Strange Traveler. The traveler was a battleworn human, looking to have just escaped an explosion. It was strange for a citizen to pass near, let alone ask to board a Star Destroyer. The office wasnt going to take any chances, he drew his side arm.

((OOC: I am going to slowly elaberate on this little post edit, just to keep people guessing, im only going to put about this much about this traveller in each of my posts))
-----------------------
> : There is nothing wrong with fear.
> : You need never be ashamed of it, as long as it doesn't stop you functioning.
> : Fear is your natural warning system; it keeps you alive so
> : that you can can fight. Show me a man who isn't afraid,
> : and I'll show you a fool who is a danger to his entire ship.
==============================================================================================
-=Kaph Squadron=- : "We have Great Faith in Each Other, It's Called Stupidity."
==============================================================================================
EFL / SCRW C-3PX2 / Kaph 9 / Phoenix Wing (Wing 1) / mSSD Atrus / DEF / VEN / VE / (=A=), [MC2]
[This message has been edited by C-4RX (edited June 6, 2007 9:10:29 PM)]
[This message has been edited by C-4RX (edited June 6, 2007 9:11:18 PM)]
Casca
ComNet Initiate

Casca

Post Number:  147
Total Posts:  240
June 7, 2007 9:11:01 PM    View the profile of Casca 
Casca was scrolling through pages of information on his personal data pad.  He had C3PWO retrieve it after that rude tech monkey took it by mistake.  He would have had her CO reprimand her, but she had been sent off to the Naval Academy.  Casca handed C3PWO a data chip, "File this under nav charts, it is the coordinate chart for the Chorma System."  The droid politely took the data chip and placed it in the chip slot along with the rest of the data chips plugged into the private file server that Casca was using.  He could not use a simple computer terminal because of the shear amount of data.  Casca was compiling all of his logs and information.

"Sir, I did not ask this earlier but would like to add it to my data for reference.  Why is it that the Navy confiscated your information chips when they boarded the Thrawnist CR90?"  C3PWO asked with the Coruscunti accent that was so familiar to Casca.  Casca was born on Carida, raised on Carida, trained on Carida, station in Chorma, and then he ended up with the Vast Imperial Navy.  Carida was full of Imperial Officers who had come primarily from the core worlds around Coruscunt.  Chorma was being Imperialized and many Coruscunti merchants and noblemen had colonized the sector in an attempt to add to their already overflowing bank accounts.

"They wanted to do a background check on me.  Which was fine, I gave them everything I knew shy of what was classified Imperial information.  They took all of my information chips and logs to verify that what I was saying was true."  Casca's voice was a mix between that of Tatooine moisture farmer and a core born bounty hunter.  It was both comforting and deadly serious at the same time.  Coruscunti pronunciations also littered his vocabulary.  Sir sounded a lot like sire when Casca spoke.

Casca picked up another data chip and was about to put it into his data pad before changing his mind and setting it back down in the black Imperial duffel bag.  "SeeThree, compile everything and head back to the barracks.  I am going to get some sim time in before I get rusty."  Casca hadn't had a chance to visit the simulator in what felt like an eternity.  He left the computer terminal room and headed for the simulators.  It was an eerie feeling, boredom.  In the empire, there was always a mission.  There was always a patrol to go on.  There was always a freighter to intercept.  Casca missed his past.

The simulators had been upgraded and installed with a Y-Wing option for 1st Wing to use in preparation for their mission as Hussar Squadron.  Petty Officer Casca was not exited about flying the "rebel scum boats" as he called them.  He would follow orders, though, and try not to complain too much.  Casca watched the display screens hung from the ceiling of the simulator room.  He wasn't interested in what the other pilots were doing, only in getting a wing man and flying through some practice runs.  He looked around until he saw the familiar blue bird above the imperial roundel which identified the pilot as a Nazgul.

[OOC: Sorry about the short post. Didn't have much time to do anything more.]

-----------------------
[-=Nazgul Squadron=-]
FM/PO2 Casca "Black Curse" Phennir/Nazgul Squadron 3-11/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) [VC:B][SWC][BRC]
Dedication:  On comnet at 2:30 AM to get in that extra post that no one asked you to write.
Loyalty:  Making your girlfriend join and write a bio on your anniversary.
Honor:  Proud to say you are a member of the Vast Empire.
Ask not what your Empire can do for you, but what you can do for your Empire.
Tokijin
ComNet Initiate

Tokijin

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  165
Total Posts:  258
June 8, 2007 12:06:42 AM    View the profile of Tokijin 
Tokijin sat in the seat of her sim, hands sweating, head throbbing, and generally very nervous. She wasn't sure if she could pilot a Y-wing at all, and those words Trevor had spoken to her had lost their comforting meaning. She felt like a new student just starting basic training all over again. The stress was beating down her wall of confidence and soon all that would be left would be a pile of rubble and eradicated remains.

She didn't understand this. She was so tired of being so nervous whenever she was faced with a new experience. It was only the sim for goodness sake! Why was she so concerned when it came to this? Was she worried about not making a good impression on her fellow pilots? Or was it the long run she was worried about? Whatever it was, it just didn't seem like a good excuse to get her all worked up like this. But even knowing this she couldn't stop the insecurity. It was like trying to stop the tide.

Toki slumped down in her seat, staring at the blank screen before her, anticipating, unwillingly her mind seeming to run through all the possibilities that could go wrong.

Trevor had called Nazgul to meet in the sims room a little after the briefing ended so the pilots could begin getting used to the machine that they would soon know so well. Toki had looked around the room at her fellow Nazgulians, trying to read their faces to see if she was the only one in her boat (that was seemingly lost at sea in her opinion) but she soon found that she wasn't very good at judging expressions and quickly gave up on it.

As soon as the last person had arrived, although they hadn't been too far behind everyone else, Trevor took lead as commander and informed his pilots on what they would be doing for today's practice.

"Ok, starting off we're going to go easy. We'll spend a few minutes getting used to the controls and then we'll have at it with a little combat practice. You all will be fighting against each other in flights. So Tom, Atrick, and Cacsa, against Darius, Sol, and Skar, versus Jack, Toki, and myself. This will just be for today's set-up. For the rest of the week I want you to get used to flying with Kaph pilots."

Trevor's voice sounded in Toki's ears. Everyone had been settled into the sims and Trevor was relaying orders over the Comm. Tokijin's heart seem to throb in her throat, and as Trevor finished speaking, her screen began to light up.

The sights of space once more enveloped Toki and left her breathless as it always had. But this was the world that she had been missing out on for so long. She knew it wasn't the real thing, but it was close enough for her; the feeling was like that of a sweet taste on her tongue. It was sights like these that had entered her head while she was sleeping, the wonderful feeling of being in a TIE had left her empty when she woke up and realized that she had been teased, and the flight withdrawal still lingered on.

The overwhelming nervousness seemed to have been hindered by this simple sight, and she felt a slight hint of confidence swell up in the deepest part of her being. Why would she have to worry about impressing her fellow pilots in the sims? She shouldn't have to worry about that at all, taking into consideration that she had been gone for so long and she had never flown a Y-wing before.

Toki, for the first time since the briefing, let go a smile filled with the largest amount of joy and happiness she could possibly muster. She found her lips parting, and a voice filled her ears that sounded unlike her own, but she knew it must be. That blissful laughter couldn't have escaped from anyone else.

She looked at her surroundings; nothing but empty space before her. She sped off into the vast practice space, feeling completely exhilarated. If this is what she felt like in a simulator, what would she feel like when faced with the real thing? She couldn't wait to find out.

Toki sighed quietly as she climbed out of her sim, as practice was over, and she was tired, but in a good way. She planned on hitting the sims again early tomorrow. She had done considerably well for her first time, but she still had a lot to work on. The controls she wasn't all that used to, and the size of the craft had really thrown her off at first. The on-a-dime turns she was used to making with her TIE couldn't be as easily done with the limited maneuverability of the Y-wing. At least it felt like limited maneuverability to her.

She leaned against her sim pod, stretching her arms above her head, letting out a relieved sigh as she heard her back crack. She didn't know how long she had been sitting for, but it was long enough she had gotten stiff. She lost her ability to sit for long periods of time without feeling uncomfortable. That had been lost with being a technician and always having to moving around as sitting around for long periods wasn't in the job description. But that would soon be fixed with the coming of constant practice.

Nazgul crowded around their commander for further instructions. As Toki walked over he looked at them all, one by one and cracked a knowing, crooked smile.

"So who's up for a drink?"

Tokijin smiled, another laugh escaping her. A good drink would really hit the spot right now.

-----------------------
TECH/SCPO Tokijin/Phoenix Wing/Str Doashim/1FL/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [BWC] [VC:B]

Darius
ComNet Member

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer

Post Number:  366
Total Posts:  367
June 8, 2007 6:18:18 PM    View the profile of Darius 
(immediately after the briefing)

Darius took his envelope and opened it to discover what wonderful personality the Imperials could think for him.

Name: Lucius Jendoan Like the first name, not so pleased with the last

Personality: Just be yourself Good, doesn't mean I have to act.

Marital status: wife (deceased/murderd)...make it a sore subject for theses guys Can do...been there...done that.

Duties: squadron's arms and martial arts expert and demolitions

Overall, Darius was pleased with his new "pirate" personality.  They had placed him in his comfort zone, most likely on purpose.  With this, a burden was lifted off his shoulders, because he didn't plan and wasn't going to be a different person.

He looked further into his packet to find his squadron information.  It showed him that he had the new guys, a former Thrawnist, Casca, and some other guy he was unfamiliar with, Skar.  Are they giving me the new guys so I can break them in?  Darius revealed a very slight, almost unnoticable smile and stood up. 

Darius walked out of the briefing room saying nothing to anybody and trying not to touch and bumb into anybody else.  He made his way to the lift and up to his quarters.  Inside his doubled room was his wife watching the alien musicals she adored so much.

"Mission?" she said without even looking up at her husband.

"Mission," Darius confirmed and sat next to his wife, drawing her hazel eyes from the hologram into his own.  "Dangerous...just the way I like them."

Layren sighed and remarked and a smile, "We need to retire before you take one too many dangerous missions and get yourself killed."

"Sounds like a plan.  Another ten years and that ought to be enough."  He reach over and gave her arm a gentle squeeze.  "Off to the sims to learn to fly a Y-wing."

(OOC: I know it's short, but what day I've had today.  Feel free to use Darius and involve him in other posts with your character.  Just make sure you read his bio and realize he is very unsocial and not so friendly.  I even encourage you to have fun with that certain aspect of his character...just don't play out a fight, that's all I ask)

-----------------------
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men to do nothing. --Edmund Burke
-----------------------
FL/CWO Darius Pursius/Nazgul 2-1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [VC:B] [*CB*] [GWC]
Tomas
ComNet Novice

Tomas

[VE-ARMY] Private
[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  90
Total Posts:  553
June 8, 2007 6:36:07 PM    View the profile of Tomas 
Tomas was early as usual to the simulator room, and found he was one of the first to get there. Sure he had taken some time following the briefing to socialize and check into a couple things, but he had soon realized that there was nothing else he needed to do, and the only place he belonged was here. Plus, Tomas was excited. He lived for flying and space...and this was no exception. All concern from earlier had vanished as the other Nazgul pilots filtered in and they each strapped themselves into the sim.

Tomas settled in as Trevor started explaining what the sim would entail.

"Ok, starting off we're going to go easy. We'll spend a few minutes getting used to the controls and then we'll have at it with a little combat practice. You all will be fighting against each other in flights. So Tom, Atrick, and Cacsa, against Darius, Sol, and Skar, versus Jack, Toki, and myself. This will just be for today's set-up. For the rest of the week I want you to get used to flying with Kaph pilots."

With that the machines came to life. Right away Tomas could see the difference in the layout. It was manageable, and he was sure it would take no time at all. After all that's why they were in here...but it was different. As the simulator finished uploading, Tomas noticed a number of targets light up on the sensors as well as those of his fellow squadronmates. Tracking the one dead ahead, Tomas looked up to see a glowing ring sitting amongst the stars.

"Alright guys and girl, we're going to take on a maze of sorts. Basically follow my lead and try your best to guide your fighter through the rings."

One by one, the pilots' controls unlocked and one would disappear into the rings while the others waited their turn. As it came time for Tomas' go, he made one last check of his instruments before heading through the first ring himself. He found no trouble with maneuvering even the trickiest of corners as his Y-Wing chugged along. He had flown in fighters that were just as immobile as these craft, if not more so when he was back home...and had done it on a consistent basis. With each twist and turn he guided his calmly and smoothly, letting the fighter do the rest.

From the intercom chatter, this was not the case for all the Nazgul pilots. At any given time, Tomas could hear one or two letting out a string of curses, or moan in sheer frustration as they barely failed to make a turn. There was also the occasional outburst about the lack of speed the crafts possessed. Tomas smiled to himself, none of them wanted to show appear weak or inadequate. He could only imagine how it would be when they had the "elite" Kaph flying beside them.

The last target ring came and went and as Tomas wondered where those before him had gone, he peered out the viewport. Doing a double take, he was barely able to react quick enough to roll out of the way as a pair of asteroids bared down on him. Once past them, he found himself reunited with the rest of the squadron. Someone hadn't made it past the asteroids, but with these new callsigns Tomas wasn't entirely sure who had been claimed...

-----------------------
Senior Chief Petty Officer 'Tomas' Dagoram
FL/SPO Tomas/Nazgul 3-1/mSSS Atrus/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [SoA] [MC1] [MC2] [VC:B]

"Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood, the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart."

Clearly Canadian!
Than Sion
ComNet Member

Than Sion

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  527
June 9, 2007 8:54:59 PM    View the profile of Than Sion 
Demonic was on his feet now, though his face only showed a hint of anger.  Less than a year ago these two men were wingman.  These men were like brothers at such a level that they could almost read each other's mind during combat.  But one day the winds of change came a blowing and separated the element.  Yes, the promotion of Than Sion to Flight Leader had been like a double edge sword.  It was the first major boost to his position today, but it broke up one of the best wingman pair that Kaph had seen in a long time.  Months ago Demonic had went into the reserves.  In the time that they had lost touch, Than Sion had made great strides up the ladder.  There was a new relationship forged with Sion when Kal returned to Kaph.  They were no longer brothers, they were superior and subordanant.  Barriers had been constructed.  At this point each was completely dark to what was going on in the other's mind.

"Have you ever listened to that thing," replied Demonic in a cold tone.  "Everything he says pertains strictly to function.  It is even hard to say that he has a presence of apathy about him.  It is almost like he has an aura of cold nothingness.  If he doesn't even pretend to have emotions, then how can we trust that he will do the right thing.  You can't have a conscious without emotions.  He could decide at any moment that his flight isn't worthy and start blasting them from the sky before we figure out what is happening.  We don't need to risk unnecessary loss of life.  Besides, how can a droid lead anything but droids?"

"My decision is final, Warrant Officer," swore the Ensign.  "I am giving this a try." 

"Then when something goes wrong it will be on your hands, not mine."

Demonic left the office without another word.  I am doing the right thing, I must figure out the potential of this droid.  But some of Kal's reason wore off on him and left him with small doubts.  The final words said by Demonic, the only stable wingman he ever had and most certainly the best, cut him deep...

Sion didn't get any sleep that night.  But that mattered little for lack of sleep did not faze Kaph 1 easily.  Sometime in the morning, Shazam made his way into Kaph's SC's office.  Than Sion briskly stood up and saluted.  Shaz returned the action.

"How can I help you, Line Captain?" asked Sion.

"Well, I was recently reading a document by one of the former governors of a state upon Abrae.  It was interesting and I could relate to his points, but they were the wrong points.  In a nut shell, his point was an embellishment of 'because I can.'  He got a lot of flak because of it."

Translation:  You should have been more diplomatic in your reply to the politician's argument and not say things like 'we are the Elite Squadron, thus it is our right to show the people that we deserve that title and it is the military's job to deal with military affairs.'  Keep it up and the bureaucrats will eat you alive.

"So I guess you are talking about my demonstration counter argument," stated Sion.  "I'll restrain myself from telling the politicians as it is."

"I understand how you feel, Lieutenant, for I don't care for the suited monkeys much either.  Unfortunately they have the power to make life difficult if they are not made happy.  My point has been put across, I have nothing more to say."

There was the trade of salutes once again before Shazam left.  Not long after, Than Sion also exited his office.  His destination was the Kaph barracks.  Most of his boys had no experience what so ever with Y-Wings.  That would all change before the day was done...   

-----------------------

--SC of Kaph Squadron

Trevor Evenson
ComNet Marshal

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  551
Total Posts:  860
June 10, 2007 12:52:10 AM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
I'm locking the topic, seeing as ESC is starting right away here. We'll resume the wing story shortly after the competition and finish it off too.

Good work everyone, I'm amazed at how well everyone has been posting.

-----------------------
SC/ESN/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 1(1-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[VC:B][LSM][BRC][SWC][GWC]

The VEN`s #1 writer as of ESC `06

Clearly Canadian!
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Phoenix Wing - Cloaked Reunion  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:10:24 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 137  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >