Luckystar
ComNet Initiate

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  185
Total Posts:  3440
  RE: Forest of Shadow
May 18, 2007 3:40:43 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Bashan looked at them and a dirty smile came across his face.

"Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !" Bashan laughed, pointing a bloody finger at them.

"It won't be that easy boy!" Bashan shouted at Tanus. As he said these words, rebels started emerging from everywhere. The three of them looked surprised at this sudden attack, but only momentarily. As they counted the amount of people who had just come out of hiding.

"See?" asked Bashan. "You filthy scum can't catch me now!"

"We'll see about that!" Lucky shouted as she powered up her Rifle and gritted her teeth. she turned her back on Tanus and started shooting in every direction.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/ Tadath/VEAVE [ES1]

-Paladin-
To Embrace the Darkness is to bring about the Light

[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited May 18, 2007 3:41:32 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited May 18, 2007 3:42:39 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited June 6, 2007 6:01:22 PM)]
Sayah
ComNet Member

Sayah

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  651
Total Posts:  1920
May 23, 2007 4:22:52 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
The Balisa, Sayah's freighter, glided smoothly down and made a perfect landing. Moments later, Sayah's ship landed besides it. Looking around, he saw the troopers in medical capsules or on stretchers and winced. He has seen, and indeed done, worse, but not recently.
He saw a man, obviously in command, approaching and left his ship.
"Captain Jarvis Blais, Onderon Guard"
"PFC Sayah, Vast Empire. Where's Tanus?"
"He left for the royal palace and it has been retaken. The last report indicated they were headed into the forest to capture the rebel leader."
"Then I'll join them, and see what I can do"
was all Sayah said before turning away and touching a few buttons.
The freighter's landing ramp hissed as it lowered and inside the craft several droid heads popped up as their bodies turned 90 degrees and stood up.

With several combat droids in tow, Sayah headed into the forest, DC-17 in his hands. As Sayah followed the sounds of a laser battle, he saw a small puddle of a reddish liquid. He had seen that shade of red a few more times than he would have liked. Breaking into a dead run, he ran straight into a group of rebels and found himself fighting for his life. He clubbed a trooper with the butt of his DC-17 and gutted another with a vibroblade, but there were too many. Sayah started to wonder what in the name of space he had gotten himself into.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Sayah/1SQD/2 PLT/1 COM/1 RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[Black League]
SM/Com Sayah/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(L)
"And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
Where ignorant armies clash by night."

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited May 23, 2007 4:23:02 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited May 23, 2007 4:23:12 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited May 23, 2007 4:23:51 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Initiate

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  147
Total Posts:  1795
May 26, 2007 8:30:54 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
From seemingly out of nowhere swarmed rebel upon rebel from the trees.  Alan made a quick count and realised they were outnumbered, vastly outnumbered.  This is not good he thought.  He had faced insurmountable odds before but never like this hell of a place to die he contemplated seconds before Lucky unleashed hell from her rifle.  Shortly after Lucky opened fire, Tanus and Alan opened fire also.  The air sizzled with blaster fire.  Bodies fell around them as they continued firing.  Their valiant effort however was not diminishing the rebel force as more rebels kept coming and suddenly they started giving up ground.  Just when Alan thought all might be lost Sayah came storming in followed by several battle droids we might just survive this thought Alan as Sayah and the droids joined the fight.

Bashan had finally reached the transmitter and started entering in the activation codes of the explosives.  He glanced back expecting to see the battle coming to an end.  His smile diminished when he saw that the imperials had been joined by yet another soldier and several battle droids.  He called over one of his troops and issued several commands to him.  The soldier nodded and moved off quickly to the battle.
"No matter" said Bashan "no matter what happens this planet will be in turmoil without their Queen and their precious Palace".
Smiling he entered in the last digits of the activation code and pressed enter.

The battle was going well.  Now the rebels were starting to lose ground.  Their bodies kept mounting up as the battle droids fired repeatedly alongside the rest of the Imperials.  Alan suddenly became aware of something which he couldn't put a finger to.  Crouching down, he scanned the battlefield for what his senses where trying to tell him.  He suddenly realised what the problem was when he noticed that the battle droids had ceased firing and were looking around confused.
"What's going on with your droids?" Alan shouted over to Sayah.
Sayah was looking around and shook his head in bewilderment.
Lucky, hearing Alan's query, looked around and suddenly spotted a rebel soldier crouched down with what looked like a small console.
"He's trying to access the droids remotely".
Alan's eyes opened wide, realising that he needed to be stopped and stopped now.  Levelling his weapon, he aimed it at the soldier.  Before he could squeeze a shot off, the droids whirred to life, stating the word 'freeze' and Alan quickly found one of the droids weapons aimed directly at his temple.  Oh this is not good, not good at all as he lowered his weapon along with the rest of his comrades.

Bashan glanced back at the battle as he heard the silence.  Smiling, he strode over to the scene and was quite shocked to see just how many troops the imperials had killed before they were finally defeated.  He walked to the front of the group of imperials.  They looked at him with hate and anger in their eyes.
Bashan laughed "I told you I would win" he said mockingly, "I always win".
Tanus grimaced and replied "I will kill you"
Alan looked over at his squad mate and seen the level of hate in his eyes.  "Take it easy Tanus, we'll get him eventually" he said.  How the hell we do that he contemplated would be something else entirely.
"Oh I don't think so" replied Bashan "you see your Queen is dead, her Palace in ruins and a retrieval shuttle is already on the way to pick us up and won't they be surprised when I return with several imperial officers for them to interrogate".
"You lie" said Tanus.
"Do I?" replied Bashan "no, I don't think I do.  You see I just sent a remote activation signal to detonate the explosives.  I'm afraid she is quite dead by now"
"You son of a!" shouted Tanus as he leapt.
"Tanus, no!" shouted Alan as he realised too late what was happening.
Tanus leapt for Bashan but fell short as one of the droids immediately levelled its weapon on Tanus and fired.  Tanus fell short of Bashan, a smoking hole in the back of his outfit.
"No" whimpered Lucky as she fell to her knees.
Alan lowered his head.  He never wanted to see the death of any imperial, let alone one in his own squad.  "Rest easy kid" he whispered.
"Move!" shouted Bashan.
The rebels and droids started herding the imperials away to the rendezvous point.

"Over here" shouted one of the Onderon troops.
Captain Jarvais Blais and several of his troops had gone rushing into the forest shortly after Sayah had gone when they had heard the fierce fighting.  It had stopped before they had got there and now they were trying to find some clues as to if anyone had survived.  Upon hearing his soldiers shout, Blais rushed over to the scene and his face fell.  Lying on the ground was Tanus. 
He kneeled down beside Tanus and said "you will be remembered with honour".
Tanus suddenly twitched.
"What the" said Blais.
Before he could say anything else Tanus bolted upright cursing profusely as he threw off his shirt to reveal smoking personal armour underneath.  He quickly threw it off as it was burning him.
"Damn that hurts" said Tanus.
Captain Blais looked at Tanus's back.  A burnt black mark was evident but the blast had not pierced the skin.  "You're very fortunate to be alive, come back with us and get that seen to".
"I can't, my friends are in trouble and I need to kill that murderous rebel after him killing our beloved Queen".
"The Queen lives Tanus" replied Blais.
"What" said Tanus, "but Bashan said that he sent the activation code for the explosives"
"We worried that something like that might happen so we've erected dampening fields around the palace and are currently disarming the explosives now"
Tanus sighed with relief and started moving into the forest.
"Where are you going?" queried Blais "the Queen is safe and we intercepted a message requesting a shuttle come and retrieve the remaining rebels, we've won"
"My friends are in trouble and I have to rescue them" replied Tanus
"Then we will rescue them together" replied Blais.
With that, Tanus, Captain Blais and several Onderon troops moved slowly through the forest.

-----------------------
ASL/SGT AlanRJ/3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2]

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited May 26, 2007 8:36:35 PM)]
Sayah
ComNet Member

Sayah

Post Number:  656
May 29, 2007 9:43:30 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah walked miserable and somewhat sheepish. Alan was whispering something to him, but he couldn't quite make our what he was saying. He stumbled, and heard the rebel's, no his own, droid tell him to get up or he'd find out how much getting hit with a blaster's butt could hurt. He sighed and, for the first time regretted the personality chips he had given his droids. The one fault with the CIS droids he had been using was that they had once been controlled by a planetary droid control center and, as such, could be hi-jacked by a slicer with a droid control set. Realising this, Sayah had installled an override system, which evidently had failed. Head down, he walked along. 

-----------------------
[Black League]
SM/Com Sayah/Task Force 1/Eta Squad/2nd Platoon/Red Company/1st Battalion/KBcC Helsa/OFF/Army/RDA(L)

[This message has been edited by Dante (edited June 4, 2007 7:24:48 PM)]
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Novice

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  89
Total Posts:  744
June 2, 2007 6:33:25 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
[OOC: Sayah, I'd prefer it if you modified that post to just being in captivity, as I want Lucky and Alan to do the same. I have a plan for all of this. Just if you're going to do that in the future, please run it by me. This is my story, and I have a whole plan behind it. So, Lucky and Alan, disregard Sayah's post until he changes it.]

-----------------------

CPL Tanus Solvona/1SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT//VEA/VE
-Paladin-

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

[This message has been edited by Tanus Solvona (edited June 2, 2007 6:34:53 PM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Cadet

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  217
June 2, 2007 6:47:05 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
OOC: All right. I don't know what i should write, so i'll wai 'till tomorrow-----------------------

-Paladin-

[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited June 2, 2007 6:51:01 PM)]
Sayah
ComNet Member

Sayah

Post Number:  660
June 6, 2007 4:56:31 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
OOC: Edited; had no idea you wanted that and will keep it in mind when I post in the future.

-----------------------
[Black League]

Tanus Solvona
ComNet Novice

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  94
June 6, 2007 5:05:27 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
OOC: It;s fine, don't worry about it. But next time, I'm fining you. $20. Just kidding, honest...

-----------------------

-Paladin-

Luckystar
ComNet Cadet

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  227
June 6, 2007 6:03:11 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
OOC: What next? i don't know what to write about. You gonna do next post?

-----------------------

-Paladin-

Tanus Solvona
ComNet Novice

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  95
June 7, 2007 2:38:17 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Do your character being captured. I want one from both you and Alan, then I'll do my post.

-----------------------

Luckystar
ComNet Cadet

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  231
June 7, 2007 4:24:16 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited June 9, 2007 8:09:35 AM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Initiate

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  169
June 9, 2007 5:51:07 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan helped Lucky to her feet as the rebels started to move them to their rendezvous point.  Alan's mind raced through what had just happened.  Could there have been some way he could've prevented Tanus's death?  Alan wanted to comfort Lucky as she still looked shell shocked but knew that the rebels would not allow it.  He still couldn't believe that Tanus was dead.

Walking alongside Sayah, Alan tried to get his attention.  He needed to know why Sayah's droids had been so easy to turn on them.  Sayah suddenly stumbled and one of the droids ordered him to get up and carry on moving.  Alan decided that it was not worth risking anyone's life to try to find out the answer.  It was going to be impossible to get out of this one.

Looking around, Alan spotted Bashan at the head of the group.  His eyes glared at him, if it had not been for him then Tanus would still be alive.  One way or another, Tanus's vow will be honoured and this rebel scum will die thought Alan as he carried on moving.

A beeping noise pierced the quietness of the forest and Alan noticed Bashan speaking into a communicator.  Bashan then spoke to a few of the rebels who in turn passed the message along.  What the hell is going on thought Alan as he watched the smiles and quiet cheers from several of the rebels.  Whatever it is, it can't be very good for us he thought.

Lucky who was closest to a group of rebels turned her head round and whispered something.  Alan strained his ears to hear but couldn't.  She whispered again, this time slightly louder.  This attracted the attention of one of the droids who seemed to be monitoring every single movement from them.

"Shut it and keep moving" ordered the droid.

It didn't matter, Alan had heard what Lucky had said the second time and he knew that it would mean the end for all of them.  Lucky had said that the shuttle would be landing shortly.  Once we set foot on the shuttle we're as good as dead thought Alan.  He looked around at the band of rebels and at the various droids and if we make a break for it or a fight we are as good as dead as well.  Alan thought and thought of some way out of the predicament but could not find any. 

It was a grim time for all of them.

-----------------------

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

[This message has been edited by AlanRJ (edited June 9, 2007 5:52:38 PM)]
Sayah
ComNet Member

Sayah

Post Number:  662
June 9, 2007 7:03:25 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
Sayah walked along ,head bowed and hands on his head. He intentionally stumbled, hoping to get enough time to grab an EMP, or electromagnetic pulse, grenade from his belt, but heard a safety being disengaged and a cold object being shoved into the back of his head and knew the situation was hopeless. "Get up." was all the droid said, a B-2 by the sound of its voice. Knowing it gave a target three seconds to obey before opening fire, Sayah got to his feet and strode along. He was certain of one thing though: he would rather die than fall into New Republic captivity if it meant being at the tender mercies of Bashan and his cohort. He wondered if he could reach a grenade before being shot and resolved to try it once inside the NR shuttle. To the surprise of his captora, Sayah smiled, a mirthless tightening of the lines of his face, and strode along. 

-----------------------
[Black League]

[This message has been edited by Dante (edited June 9, 2007 7:05:04 PM)]
Tanus Solvona
ComNet Novice

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  98
June 10, 2007 2:01:58 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus grabbed some light personnel armor from one of the caches that Blaise brought with him; he'd get his Shock Trooper armor when this was over. on the left side of his belt he fastened a Machete to deal with the underbrush and any would-be attackers. on his right he put his holster and his DT-57 with spare ammo along his belt. On his back, he strapped his DC-15 assault rifle, with ammo strung in a bandoleer across his chest. He connected to the main hub in the center of town and got R6-F7 on the line and told him to get the shuttle ready. He then turned to Blaise, who was wearing standard body armor with an assault rifle cradled in his arms. He nodded and started to head foward. Blaise and the rest of the troops followed in toe as the made their way through the forest.

Tanus took point, along with Blaise and one of his aids, cutting through the underbrush with his machete so the rest of the troopers could make it through. Tanus looked back towards the troopers behind him. Most of them weren't older than twenty, but were going to be thrust into the fight of their lives. Tanus said a small prayer for them and continued on through the forest. When they were about ten kilometers in, Tanus had the troops stop and called for Blaise to come towards him.

"Take a look. It's the Rebel base, and they seem to be mobilzing. Luckily, we have a height advantage by about one hundred meters. Do you have any snipers or heavy weapons with you?"

Blaise nodded. "Yeah, we have a light tank that came in behind the troops; we brought it just in case we needed any heavy support. We also have some guard gunships on stand-by, just for some added security."

Tanus nodded; this was a good thing, because he had a feeling they would need all of that to pull this off.

"OK," Tanus said, "this is what we're doing. Have all of your snipers and heavy weapons troopers stay up here and bombard them, same goes for the tank. The rest of the troopers, lead by yourself and I, will storm the base. When we breach the main gate, call in air strikes with the gunships. I want this place to be a smoldering pile of rubble by days end. And if you find Bashan... leave him to me. He took my friends, and he's gonna pay for that."

Blaise nodded; this had been the first time in almost a year that he had served with Tanus again, and he saw that not a lot had changed in the boy. He still had that fire fire in him that burned with intesity.

"OK, Tanus, I'm right behind you." Blaise then turned to his men. "Gentlemen, on my signal, unleash everything you've got on these rebels; hold nothing back!"

The men took up their positions, snipers and heavy weapons units took their positions along the cliff, with the tank's muzzle swinging out over the troopers. Tanus raised his hand.

"On my count. 3...2...1... FIRE!"

---

Fire erupted on the rebel's camp below sending the rebels into a frenzy. Tanus ran down the path, Blaise and troops in toe behind him. Tanus pulled out his pistol to eliminate two rebels trying to make their way up the path. Tanus and the troops ran across the field, weapons mowing down any rebel foolish enough to get in their way. Tanus got to the gunner of the tank.

"Take down the front gate. NOW!"

Tanus ordered the troops back as a plasma projectile blasted the gate into fragmented durasteel. As they charged through, Tanus looked at Blaise. "Captain, call in the airstrike. All troopers, fan out in three man squads; eliminate all that moves. GO!"

The troops broke out in into their squads and spread like a plague throughout the camp. Blaise and his lieutenant, Darna, joined Tanus at the center of it all.

"C'mon," Tanus said. "Let's go hunting."

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Tanus Solvona (edited June 10, 2007 5:00:16 PM)]
AlanRJ
ComNet Initiate

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  173
June 14, 2007 6:50:02 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
The Rebels had set up camp and were eagerly awaiting the arrival of their shuttle.  In the distance, Alan could hear a faint noise.  Oh great he thought to himself this is the shuttle that will mean the end for us.  Alan looked around and he knew that he had to make a move, even if that move meant his own death.  He was not going to be taken by the rebels.  Just as he was about to pounce on the nearest rebel, the ground erupted all around them.  Several rebels were flung high up into the air.  Then the camp was bombarded with blaster fire.  Alan sprang to life and knocked over the nearest rebel who was looking around him bewildered.  Alan grabbed the rebel around the neck and twisted.  An audible crack was heard as he jerked the rebels head, effectively breaking the man's neck.  The rebel crumpled at his feet.  Alan reached down and picked up the blaster.

"Bashan!" he shouted at the top of his voice through all the commotion.  Where is that murderous son of a bitch thought Alan as he opened fire of several nearby rebels.

Downing several other rebels, Alan suddenly remembered about his fellow squad mates.  Looking around, he noticed Lucky and Sayah who had also picked up blasters and were running off in different directions, picking off rebels as they went.

"Bashan" muttered Alan as he strode through the camp, explosions going off around him.  His weapon was raised as he hunted for the man that had murdered his friend and fellow squad mate Tanus.

Turning a corner he was suddenly met face to face with the muzzle of a blaster pistol aimed right between his eyes.  He knew that in the end he would die, he just never planned on it being so soon.  His eyes moved from the gun to the man that was holding it, he needed to see who it was that would end his life.  His eyes widened as he gazed on the face.

"Tanus" said Alan.  "Tanus!"  The weapon lowered as Tanus replied "it's good to see you again"

"What the hell" said Alan, "I thought you were?"  The words just didn't seem to want to come out.

"Long story, I'll tell you about it later, if we survive" replied Tanus.

"Let's get busy" said Alan as they moved forward firing repeatedly into the rebel stronghold.  Overhead the air strike had begun.

-----------------------

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

Sayah
ComNet Member

Sayah

Post Number:  665
June 15, 2007 6:02:28 PM    View the profile of Sayah 
The forest, formerly silent except for the clank of metal feet and the rebels golating, erupted in a storm of blaster-fire. Sayah lunged for the closest rebel, stunned by this new development, and grabbed his left arm with his mechanical right limb. There was an unpleasant crunching noise, and the human dropped his weapon, Sayahs confiscated DC-17 in agony, starring at his shattered limb in disbelief, not noticing the bright blue bolt that ended hsi life. Dimly, as if through through a red haze, Sayah heard Alan shout the rebel leaders name and shook his head, as such a gesture would encourage the cowardly traitor to flee, if he had remained. So far, the droids had remained stationary throughout the conflict, as the controller had been among the first to be shot. Sayah saw another crawling on hands and knees towards the box and coldly aimed and fired, first at the box then at the Rodian. He fired bolt after bolt until the bloody battle came to an end. Looking at one of their rescuers, Sayahs eyes widened in shock, until he saw the combat armour exposed under the garment Tanus was wearing. There was one detail left to take care of: Bashan.

-----------------------
[Black League]

Luckystar
ComNet Cadet

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  239
June 16, 2007 7:52:50 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky had taken a Blaster from a downed Rebel and was moving in and around the camp, picking off Rebels as she went.

She was well hidden in the foliage, it alllowed her to eliminate enemy soldiers while remaining undetected. She heard Alan shout Bashan's name and saw a few Rebels that were nearby look in the direction of the shout. She eliminated them quickly as she didn't want any of her friends getting hurt.

She moved back into the camp and saw what looked like Tanus wearing some clothing on top of his armor.

She quickly moved towards him, happy that he  was allright.

-----------------------

-Paladin-

AlanRJ
ComNet Initiate

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  195
June 23, 2007 10:51:06 AM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan couldn't believe it, Tanus was alive.  His mind raced with so many questions, but with the most intense battle raging around them, it would have to wait.

"Let's get busy" said Alan as he cleared his head of all the questions he had.

A loud sound was suddenly overheard and Alan looked up to see several gunships swooping down and unleashing hell on the rebel encampment.

Alan and Tanus moved swiftly through all the commotion, their blasters firing continuously as rebel upon rebel fell from their accurate shots.

"Have you seen Bashan?" queried Tanus as he scanned the vicinity around them, looking for him.

"No" replied Alan.

"Just remember, he's mine" said Tanus.

Alan knew that Tanus would end up either killing him or getting himself killed, this time he was going to stick with Tanus closely and make sure that he did not end up getting killed.

"Bashan" muttered Tanus.  Alan looked around and saw Bashan moving slowly through the carnage.

Tanus suddenly broke out in a run and started dashing after the rebel commander.

Oh hell, here we go again thought Alan as he raced off after him.

-----------------------
ASL/SGT AlanRJ/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2]

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

Tanus Solvona
ComNet Initiate

Tanus Solvona

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  107
July 5, 2007 5:00:06 PM    View the profile of Tanus Solvona 
Tanus saw Bashan and immediately saw red. He threw his rifle and broke out at a full run, leaving Lucky, Alan and Sayah behind him in his wake. Numerous rebels got in Tanus' way, but he simply ran them down as he neared Bashan, foot by foot. When he was within 40 feet of Bashan, Tanus pulled out his pistol and shot both of Bashan's guards right between the eyes. He then pumped off several shots at the landing ramp of Bashan's escape shuttle, ionizing it open and frying the circuitry. Bashan turned to face Tanus, anger and fear mixing in his eyes.

"So, hero, what are you going to do? Kill me?" he said with a sneer.

Tanus merely shook his head. "No, that's not my place. But I'll make sure that when the Queen gets her hands on you, you'll wish that I had."

At that, Tanus dropped into a Baguazhang combat stance. Bashan drew a vibrosword from his back and pointed it at Tanus' heart.

"When the guards see your defeat, I'll make sure it was quick," Bashan laughed.

Tanus merely grimaced, he had no weapon and wasn't chancing getting killed over Bashan's little game.

As he was about to turn back, he heard a shout from the crowd.

"TANUS!" Tanus turned in time to see Blaise hurling a sword at him: an officer's saber. Tanus nodded at Blaise, who did the same and then turned back to the fighting.

Tanus drew his sword and looked at Bashan. "You're going to regret toying with me today," and drew his sword. Alan, Lucky and Sayah came just as Tanus charged Bashan.

---

As the others staved off the rebels coming towards them, Tanus was crossing blades with Bashan. Despite how he appeared, Bashan was a brilliant fighter. The way he moved mirrored that of a classically trained duelist. Fortunately for Tanus, he knew many things from his time training with a baguadao, and the officer's saber was mirror image of the weapon. The two men stood very close, parrying and dodging blow after blow as the swords clashed in a brilliant display of flashing metal and sparks. Tanus leaped back to catch his breath.

Damnit, this guy's good. His defense is one of the best I've seen in a long time. But maybe I can fix that..., Tanus thought to himself.

Tanus put his sword back in the ready position, as did Bashan. Tanus charged at blinding speed, not giving Bashan enough time to throw up a defense. Tanus knocked Bashan's sword out of his hands, turning around him and slashing the backs of his legs. Bashan crumples to the ground, screaming in pain. As he laid on his knees, Tanus walked in front of him.

"Give my regards to Oblivion," He uttered, before bringing his elbow hard across Bashan's face. The man fell to the ground, unconscious and blood trickling down the side of his head.

Tanus sheathed the sword and heaved Bashan onto his shoulder. He ran back towards Alan, Blaise, Lucky and Sayah and dropped Bashan on the ground. Alan handed Tanus his DC-15 rifle.

"Figured you'd need this," Alan said with a smirk.

Tanus grabbed the rifle and smiled back. "Yeah, so did I."

Tanus raised his rifle and let the fire of justice rain down on the rebels before him.

(OOC: OK, folks, just need some posts from you finish up the combat, and maybe even a brief synopsis of what happened after the battle. After that, I'll bring us home.)

-----------------------

Give people more than they expect, and do it cheerfully. This is especially true of treachery.

CPL Tanus Solvona/2SQD/1PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1]

*DarkDragoons*

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  330
July 5, 2007 8:35:03 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky used her surroundings as cover. the rebels kept coming, wave after wave, mad that their leader had been gunned down.  She concentrated on whomever came near her mates.

She saw that the others weren't better off than she was, so she decided on a desperate measure to loosen up the ranks.

She too kout two Frags and tossed them at strategic points in her field of vision. They would disbale the rebels up to a certain point, but would not do any damage to the team. She notified them of what she was gonna do before throwing them and taking cover.

She threw them, hid behind a boulder, praying and heard a very large explosion a few seconds later.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [ES1]

-Paladin-

AlanRJ
ComNet Cadet

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  285
July 6, 2007 1:53:04 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan dashed off after Tanus, afraid that he would get himself really killed this time.  By the time he had caught up with him, Bashan and Tanus were engaged in a vicious sword fight.  All Alan could do was watch and pray that Tanus would be victorious.  Alan smiled when Tanus emerged as the winner and he handed Tanus back his rifle.

Together Alan, Tanus and Lucky opened fire on the remaining rebels.  Their weapons blazed down crimson fire on the rebels and they fell but there was still so many in the camp.  Lucky decided to even the odds and they dashed for cover as Lucky through several frag grenades.  Explosions rocked the camp and Alan, Tanus and Lucky peeked out from their hiding place to find that many rebels had been caught up in the explosion.

"Let's finish what we started" said Alan as he got up.  Tanus and Lucky joined him as they ran into the remaining rebels, weapons blazing furiously.

-----------------------
ASL/SGT AlanRJ/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2]

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  398
July 14, 2007 8:23:43 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
Lucky ran and fired her rifle at the same time. there were still many rebels but they could be taken care of. she brought up her body shields and kept firing. A few bolts hit her, damaging the shields, but they were still at 80%. These soldiers' weapons don't afefct you much do they?

She spun around, firing at the same time, eliminating a row of rebels who were standing around them in a circle.  they were all busy with rebels when she heard a cracking sound behind  her. She looked behind her, and saw a tree leaning towards them. someone had chopped an enormous tree to finish them off.

"Tanus!Alan! Watch out!"

They moved out of the way just as the tree came crashing down where they had been standing.
TRP/CPL Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/ Tadath/VEA/VE [ES1]

-Paladin-

Clearly Canadian!

AlanRJ
ComNet Member

AlanRJ

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  358
July 14, 2007 1:27:45 PM    View the profile of AlanRJ 
Alan heard Lucky shout out a warning.  Looking behind him he suddenly noticed a large tree come crashing down towards them.  Hastily both he and Tanus dived out of its way.  The trio of troopers quickly gathered together and unleashed a vast volley of blaster bolts.  Their accuracy was uncanny as rebel upon rebel fell to the expert marksmanship.

Soon the battle that had once started was over.  The ground itself seemed to be smouldering as several fires had erupted amongst the trees.  The ground was littered with bodies and the grass was a deep shade of red.  What little rebels were left had surrendered to the Onderon troops.  It was finally at an end.
TRP/SGT AlanRJ/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [ES2]

-Paladin-
Army of the Vast Empire

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived StoryNet > Forest of Shadow  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:54:23 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 234  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >