ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Division Head

Post Number:  1106
Total Posts:  1963
  RE: Reporting for duty
October 29, 2006 9:51:40 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
Alright, I'm passing you, but keep reading up on things in the academy.

For now, look at the Naval Academy page on the Wiki and start study up for the Aviators Exam, other wise known as the =A=.  Once you think you have studied up, take the exam.

Your being placed into Kaph Squadron under Squadron leader Willtconq.  You can post on their squadron topic on the main, and I'm sure your'll be welcomed with open arms.

If you have any problems. be sure to message me or any of the other Staff around here, We'll be able to help you out.

Alright, good job.  Keep up the good work.

-To all Staff, Etan has graduated.  No further work with him will be needed.

That is all.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
NazgulSquadron
Naval Academy Executive Officer
-----------------------------------------------------------
SXO/CWO Jaden Khaar/Nazgul 1-2 (Nazgul 2)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (*=TE=*) [VC:S][LSM][SV][CBV](x2)
TXO/CWO Jaden Khaar/Venom 1-2 (Venom 2)/Phoenix Wing/Platform Saratoga/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (*=TE=*) [VC:S][LSM][SV][CBV](x2)
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Initiate

Cyleaf Aehait

[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  185
Total Posts:  349
October 29, 2006 9:53:06 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
*raises a corellian ale* congrats Etan and welcome to the squad.

-----------------------
EFM/CPO/Cyleaf Aehait/Kaph 2-6/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[BWC]
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  28
Total Posts:  423
November 2, 2006 12:21:46 AM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Thanks Cyleaf,

You were my greatest inspiration.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. I look forward to being in the Kaph squadron. Wer'e gonna kick you alls asses from here on out,

So get ready for the Kaphs. Etan has entered the game.

-----------------------
Grammer, mechanics, punctuation, spelling, diction, effectiveness in the science, and larger elements are the facts at hand.
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  37
November 4, 2006 11:56:26 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
To whom it may concern,

I may solve this problem on my own by the time you get this message, however I am having difficulty in finding what my last assignment is and can't seem to get the pilot's handbook up for some reason. I surely don't know what I'm doing wrong?

-----------------------
Grammer, mechanics, punctuation, spelling, diction, effectiveness in the science, and larger elements are the facts at hand.
Willtconq
ComNet Sage

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] VET Web Designer

Post Number:  3346
Total Posts:  4599
November 5, 2006 1:37:50 AM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Jaden, when did the rule of "recruits graduate after passing the =A=" change? Not that I don't want Etan in my squadron. Just wondering. He seems to think he's still not done with training, yet you said he's done and graduated.

-----------------------
-(William the Conquerer)-
Elite Squadron Commander
King of PPC
"Lives are created to be ended, just as rules are made to be broken." -- Unknown, probably me
ESC/ESN Willtconq/Kaph 1/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S][SV][BWC][LSM]{VB}
Wm/Wm Willtconq/WM:1/Webmasters/VET/VE
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  41
November 5, 2006 2:16:24 AM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Sorry to you again Mr, Willtconq.

Not trying to be funny or anything at all, but perhaps instead of criticizing me you might help me.

I have looked at your profile and post and you are great man. Help me be just almost as great.

Also, if you don't want me in your squadron, I'm sure someone else might. I'm sorry I'm if you think I'm that bad.

Like I don't have feelings or anything. Duh Thanks.

-----------------------
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Initiate

Cyleaf Aehait

Post Number:  197
November 5, 2006 2:19:08 AM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
Easy guys, Will Shazam changed it after closing Aegis. Chapter 1 Bio and Chapter 2 manuvers were required for the academy and the test would be taken around the first week of being placed in the squad. Also the stories for atmosphere and space training are replaced by posting in squad stories.

Also Etan that's not what Will was saying it's just that Shazam didn't tell everyone about the new changes.

-----------------------
EFM/CPO/Cyleaf Aehait/Kaph 2-6/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[BWC]

AKA:
TRP/PFC Preditor/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  43
November 5, 2006 3:13:35 AM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Hey cool Cy,

You know I didn't mean to come across as I did. I respect Wiltconq in the utmost way. I just want to be respected too. And accepted, if you know what I mean. And I think he's the greatest. However,

You have always been able to explain things to me; i.e.your'e a good trainer.

My last goal. The Aviators exam?  I can't seem to find it. Either give me help there or give me the gist of it. I clicked on the wiki site no luck I went to naval acadamy no luck. Things don't seem to be popping up on my computer like they used to. Give me a short cut if you can. I mean I don't want to take a short cut just tell me what's up. I take the long cut from there. Thanks Cyleaf.

-----------------------
Willtconq
ComNet Sage

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  3348
November 5, 2006 3:21:28 AM    View the profile of Willtconq 
See if you can get to this page =A=

The Naval Academy off the Imperial Navy home page has been erased. So there's nothing wront with you not able to get to the site from there.

-----------------------
Elite Squadron Commander
King of PPC
"Lives are created to be ended, just as rules are made to be broken." -- Unknown, probably me
ESC/ESN Willtconq/Kaph 1/Wing I/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S][SV][BWC][LSM]{VB}
[This message has been edited by Willtconq (edited November 5, 2006 3:23:33 AM)]
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  44
November 5, 2006 3:33:42 AM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Thanks Wilt, your the coolest.

It too late now I have to go to bed and work in the morning, but I'll let you know

Thanks again

-----------------------
Jaden
ComNet Veteran

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Chief Warrant Officer
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Division Head

Post Number:  1116
Total Posts:  1963
November 5, 2006 12:27:18 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Yea Evan, you can start posting on the "Kaph Squadron Topic" on the Main Navy board, thats where you've been assigned.  That link should put you straight to the Aviators exam, which will need to be done before you can move up any ranks.

Alright, keep up the good work.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar
NazgulSquadron
Naval Academy Executive Officer
SXO/CWO Jaden Khaar/Nazgul 1-2 (Nazgul 2)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (*=TE=*) [VC:S][LSM][SV][CBV](x2)
TXO/CWO Jaden Khaar/Venom 1-2 (Venom 2)/Phoenix Wing/Platform Saratoga/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) (*=TE=*) [VC:S][LSM][SV][CBV](x2)
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  45
November 5, 2006 7:41:59 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
I got it Jaden. Thanks to my commanding officer, I now have all the questions written down.

Wow, Will that's allot of studying to do. I know some of the answers just from basic comprehension, and one or two from reading the pilot handbook and the naval academy lines i.e.Vectra is the planet and system we are training on. It is also home base for the V.E.N., however I could use a little help with some of the other answers.

I don't expect anyone to give them to me, just maybe tell me where to go to read up and find them.

I kind of agree with what you were trying to say before about new recruits needing more training, before, being thrown into a squadron. I just wrote some good lines and here I am trying to surf my way thru your various sites.

Fortunately, for you, I'm rather intelligent and a quick learner. On the other hand, that could be what Jaden is trying to accomplish. Either you fly or die. He may be weeding out the incompetents from the Naval Academy.

If, for some reason, that is the case, and I don't make it here, I really like this site so please let me try my hand at storm trooper.
However, I have real flight training and a vast knowledge of really insignificant B.S. to pull this off.

-----------------------
Cyleaf Aehait
ComNet Cadet

Cyleaf Aehait

Post Number:  202
November 5, 2006 7:50:34 PM    View the profile of Cyleaf Aehait 
If you need help Etan just shoot me a message with what's up and I'll guide you without giving it away.

-----------------------

AKA:
TRP/PFC Preditor/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath
Willtconq
ComNet Sage

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  3350
November 5, 2006 9:26:40 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
Etan, we won't turn you down or anything, even if you don't pass, which is a very unlikely thing, we'll just make you do it again, until you pass.

If you think that's a lot, trust me, there's 3 or 4 more tests to go through before one can become a full fledged officer. Personally, I still have 2 more to go through. and the questions become harder and require more detailed answers as they go up. like short essay questions. Not that I'm trying to scare you or anything, just laying out the facts. Just do your best on this one, and let us know if you need help.

-----------------------
Elite Squadron Commander
King of PPC
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  48
November 6, 2006 4:54:43 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
I think for the most part, I'm just gonna follow your lead commander. You haven't steered me wrong so far and I don't guess you'll start now.

I thank everyone for their patience. I am currently studying for that aviator exam, so if you don't hear from me too much it's for that reason.

And, thanks to my good friend Garet, I think I have the answer to my own question. Wookipedia. I clicked on it before just to see what it was, but didn't really explore it. I guess now is the time to study.

You see I don't just like clicking on things I'm not familiar with. However, I understand thats how you can learn so here I go.

Anything you think I should be doing differently or any redirections you need to give me Will, I am totally open to. And looking forward to some of those harder exams you were talking about.

Oh yeah, one question. How am I supposed to submit this Aviator's exam. Should I just post it here and can I skip the giving the questions and just number the answers?

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited November 6, 2006 5:07:03 PM)]
Willtconq
ComNet Sage

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  3353
November 6, 2006 6:02:27 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
i'm pretty sure you're supposed to email your answers to Shazam, Jaden, and/or someone else. But don't post them in here. You wouldn't want to make yours a cheat sheet for future recruits now, would you?  The questions thingy, i'm not sure.

-----------------------
Elite Squadron Commander
King of PPC
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  55
November 6, 2006 7:31:08 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Duh, that makes sence. I didn't even think of that. How bout you Will. Well just tell me for sure where to send the anwers. I'm almost ready.

-----------------------
Willtconq
ComNet Sage

Willtconq

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  3356
November 6, 2006 8:04:57 PM    View the profile of Willtconq 
"Remember to send this to the training officer by one means or another and to inform the training staff that you have completed it in your thread in the Naval Academy so that it does get checked. Congratulations on completion of the test; the best to you." to quote it. So send it to Shazam by email. you should be able to find it, it's everywhere...

-----------------------
Elite Squadron Commander
King of PPC
etan evnstar
ComNet Novice

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  79
November 17, 2006 12:45:04 AM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Yeah Will, I'm still studing but thanks for the Info.

-----------------------
Grammar, mechanics, punctuation, spelling, diction, effectiveness in the science, and larger elements are the facts at hand.
etan evnstar
ComNet Initiate

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  104
November 30, 2006 12:03:55 AM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
And not to toot my own horn but, I had seen alot of noobs entries before mine and now it seems as if I have standardized a new log catch phrase. Not that I was the first, by no means, it just seems that most new applicants are all saying "Reporting for Duty now."

I think it's cool. It pretty much sums up what the new entry is trying to express, without undo narrative. And not that everyone is doing it, you still see the occasional " OH HEY I'M NEW HERE", but more new members are becoming more standardized, thus trainable.

I think we should have a more formal entrance exam/form to fill out. I know how much work Kadaan, Shazaam, Jaden and alot of the rest of you have done on this site, so I don't blame you for leaving it as is.

-----------------------
Grammar, mechanics, punctuation, spelling, diction, effectiveness in the science, and larger elements are the facts at hand.
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited November 30, 2006 12:11:06 AM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2719
Total Posts:  4197
December 2, 2006 3:48:06 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
More formal entry exam?  I don't think I quite understand- the Avaitor's is about where I think it should be and we don't actaully give people exams in order to enter either division.  If you're referring to standardizing how people should come in and say hello- *shrugs* - I'd like to people to introduce themselves in thier own way I suppose.  Have I misinterpreted?

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

SC/CMD Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]

NazgulSquadron

Commander of Nazgul Squadron, Phoenix Wing and Training
etan evnstar
ComNet Initiate

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  108
December 2, 2006 11:30:07 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
No you didn't  misinterpret sir, but now that you have explained it that way, I understand. You have to understand me first. I like order. Standardization? A set of rules for us all to adhere to. Maybe a standardized form to complete upon entering.

I'm not bucking the system by any means. Or meaning to rile feathers. It's just when I just joined, I felt kinda lost. And well, just have had to kinda figure out a bunch of this stuff by myself. And still am. In the very short time I have been here I have seen so many recruits post then go. Maybe if there was some sort of standardization, more would stay. Get my meaning?

Anyway I'm still here, and not giving up, as I just think so many new recruits might do when they get frustrated. This maybe a way of weeding out the weak. If so, it's a good thing.

-----------------------
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2727
December 10, 2006 4:57:56 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
True- the hope is to get our operator's and what not to work that out for us, of course: more on that to come though.  Rock On.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

SC/CMD Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]

NazgulSquadron

etan evnstar
ComNet Initiate

etan evnstar

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  133
December 11, 2006 10:30:35 PM    View the profile of etan evnstar 
Well commander Shazaam, and hopefully for all new recruits to see, I have finally passed my Aviators exam and have been promoted to leading crewman.

It's not that hard really. Just use your imagination and do a modicum of studying. I just hate to see so many new recruits come in and then give up.And I have seen alot of names just within the last month.

That is why I am making one last post here before I move on to the Senior Aviator's Exam, for every new member to read, hopefully.

As Commander Shazaam says, just KEEP ROCKIN. The people here will be tough on you, but they will also help you. I wish I could make this a seperate post, but I don't want to take up the space.

Just remember, READ BEFORE YOU POST. I have already made that mistake several times, and then felt like an Idiot afterwards.

(Reedited after Shazaam's next post. To correct certain inefficiencies.) because I said this would be my last post here.
Just one more lesson to be learned here.Be true to your word and your words will be true to you. Over and out, next time you see me it will be in space.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited December 12, 2006 4:26:28 PM)]
[This message has been edited by etan evnstar (edited December 12, 2006 4:50:21 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2731
December 12, 2006 4:21:36 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
*Nods*  Though I hate the term n00b, don't think you're out of that stage yet, my friend- you've plenty to learn .  Keep up the good work though- and keep rockin.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

NazgulSquadron

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Academy > Reporting for duty  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:23:35 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 206  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >