Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Nazgul: Interchangeable Unknown

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Nazgul: Interchangeable Unknown
Jen Knight
ComNet Cadet

Jen Knight

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 1st Class

Post Number:  265
Total Posts:  317
  RE: Nazgul: Interchangeable Unknown
December 11, 2005 10:22:18 PM    View the profile of Jen Knight 
After Interrogation, Back in the Cell*

He grinned and jerked the blade out from Jen's hand. "Yes. Take her back to her cell."

The guard grunted, unlocking her restraints and threw the limp woman over his shoulder. "Yes, Sir."

*Awhile Later*

Jen slowly sat up on her cot, her head still spinning rapidly. As she pushed with her hands to stand up, a splintering pain ran through her right hand. She took in a sharp breath and brought it in front of her face. The wound was badly wrapped and the bandage was dripping in blood. Obviously, it hadn't stopped bleeding and they hadn't taken much care making sure the inch long vertical impalement was properly taken care of. She was going to need a new bandage, but it would be nearly impossible to replace it herself. Applying pressure was going to be her main goal for the next couple hours.

"Damn him. It had to be my right hand." Tears swelled in her eyes as she tried to move her fingers. They were still as death itself. Ligaments had been damaged and if she didn't get medical treatment very soon, her hand would be unusable. Everything which had been so simple now would be a difficult task to over come. "How...how am I going to fly with a hand I won't be able to use?" Her vision blurred as tears welled in her lavender eyes and flowed down her cheeks. "Damn..him.." Jen laid back down and squeezed her eyes shut. There was nothing she could do but wait until they came for her again..

Jen's eyes snapped open as a loud crash vibrated just outside her door. "...This soon? What do they want!? They've already taken my hand, possibly my family.." She scooted closer to the wall and feigned sleep. Maybe they would leave if they thought she was still unconscious.

*In the Hallway*

"Lemme try." Trevor replied. Warren offered him his spot in front of the control panel, and Trevor proceeded to smash off the panel.

"What are you doing?!" DJ yelped in anger and confusion.

Trevor ignored the comment, and looked at the board and wires. Not seeing anything he could work with, he pulled a few wires loose and started touching random spots on the board with them.

"Do you even know what your doing?" Warren asked.

"Absolutely not. Maybe if I put this he-" Trevor replied, stopping mid sentance as the door slid open with a hiss. Warren walked in and gasped, then rushed just out of sight. The rest of the crew filed in. Jen was lying on a cot, covered in blood, and putting as much pressure on her hand as possible.

"The bleeding is slowing, but it still hurts...." Warren quickly rushed to her side and looked at her hand.

He put an arm around her waist and helped her into a sitting position on the cot. "Jack, cut up strips of these sheets. Jen's going to need a new bandage. This one is covered in blood."

Jack nodded and began to tear even narrow pieces out of the cloth. As he tore, Warren began to unwrap the bloodied binding with a careful hand. "Jen, this might hurt." He unwrapped the last piece and scowled as the gash came into view. "She needs serious medical treatment for this. Her ligaments look damaged. Can you move your fingers at all?"

She turned her head away from Warren as her eyes burned with tears once more. "-I tried earlier, but they wouldn't move. Do you think, once we get back..will they be able to save my hand?"

Art had watched silently from the corner,clutching his own injury, but now cleared his throat. "We need to move soon. If we're caught again, they won't let us off with petty torture.." He sighed and continued. "Jen, flexibility in it might be less and your hand won't be as strong. It will probably cause some pain for you for the rest of your life."

Warren nodded in agreement. "Arturus is right. Jack you almost done with those strips?" 

"Yeah, here, take these." Jack got to his feet and  handed him the thick stack. "Hurry, now."

Warren wrapped Jen's hand fairly quickly, hurrying as much as he could without hurting her or doing a bad job. "That should hold you for awhile. Keep applying pressure."

Keeping away from his gaze, she whispered her soft reply, "..Thanks.."

"You won't be able to shoot.." Art stated and Jen nodded in reply. Warren helped her stand, and they were outside the cell quickly. Trevor again stuck to the back, and they were off to get Darius and Jaden.

-----------------------
Jen Knight

As Darkness falls, Night unfolds ebon wings to wrap the world in its dark embrace...

Vast Empire Navy
XO/FL/PO1 Jen Knight/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE(=*A*=)(=*SA*=)[VC:B]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2033
Total Posts:  4197
December 12, 2005 10:36:09 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
The hanger was a short run and the level of alert was obviously not of a high standerd because most of the guards Shazam came upon were sitting down or not armed at all. 

The door to the hanger bay was wide open when he came skidding to a halt in front of it.  The two men who were supposed to be keeping watch over the door were in the process of carrying a cart with several crates across the surface of the room.  Shazam peaked his head around the corners to make sure he wouldn't be met with any serious problems when he noticed that the TIE Interceptors were still in their rightful place.  They must have really wanted to get the supplies from the Atrus if they didn't even bother with the enemy ships.  Well, they did have a guard looking down on the cargo when Shazam crawled up next to him.  The Imperial didn't bother firing on the enemy, but instead knocked him out using the butt of his gun in one fowl attack to the back of the head.  Shazam caught him as he fell and then brought him alongside the TIE Interceptors for cover.  Removing the blaster rifle from his purple, balloon fingers, the SC climbed onto the fighter facing the open exit of the hanger.

Looming in the distance, waiting for its cargo ship, the Atrus waited with a silent threat towards any oponet.  It had been a while since Shazam had just sat there and looked at the ship with its cool grey shape and heavy weapons protruding from every open area.  The Atrus was to be feared and maybe it would be enough to save his squadron mates...

"Vramos? VRAMOS!" One of the two guards had finished with the move and was going up the steps to the entryway of the ship when he noticed the body laying on the ground and Shazam hanging against the fighter.  The Imperial didn't bother to grab his weapon and fire back, but instead threw open the hatch on the Interceptor and dropped in, activating the sheilds as soon as he was in.  A few bolts absorbed into the shield doing almost no damage, but then Shazam realized he was still hooked up to the release system.  Chances were the people he'd just got done killing and evading weren't going to let go of the attachment to let him free...

Shazam transferred power from the shields to his engines, thrusting the throttle to full as a few bolts met the hull.  The engines roared within the TIE when a crack and hiss was heard, the upper half of the TIE's wings being ripped off.  Shazam felt the craft come loose and tumble downwards, but engines had been enough to thrust him out of the hanger, just beyond the edge of the surface where the fighter would have crash landed.  Open space met the view port and Shazam felt for the controls but found them to be almost useless as he tumbled about aimlessly. 

"Unidentified craft...  Respond or prepare to be shot down..." the corvette said in a strickly military form.  Basterds, Shazam thought and replied hoarsly as the ship began to open fire...

"This is Lieutenant Shazam, Commander of Nazgul Squadron requesting assistance aboard the modified corvette...  MSSD Atrus, do you respond?" Shazam twisted the controls all over the place, his body thrown about like a toy as one of the turret bolts met the lower right hand side of his hull. 

"I AM UNDER ATTACK!" he yelled into the com as his engines began to fail and he was thrown towards the Atrus.  Thank goodness for tractor beams he thought when yet another turret bolt flew into the Atrus hanger bay.  The tractor beam disengaged while the Atrus came to life out of surprise.  Shazam's fighter flew into a spiral towards the Atrus hanger as another bolt finished off the hull of his fighter...

*In the Corvette*

"Where's Shazam?" a bloodied Darius queried as he grabbed a weapon and checked the sight. 

"He's enroute to the Atrus for back-up..." he said and then glanced out the window.

"Is that him?" Jen said with uncertain emotion as the fighter twirled and doged bolts from the cruiser.  The Corvette shook with the shots and then one met the fighter dead on.  The fighter shuttered and flew into Atrus hanger, peices of the decrepit fighter flying off in full chunks.  As the fighter disappeared, so did the cruiser, jumping into hyperspace to escape the Atrus.

(This is where you guys begin to get the idea Shazam might be dead.  As you were. :>)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/ESN Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Novice

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  99
Total Posts:  860
December 12, 2005 7:30:50 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
They had arrived and forced their way into the cell that held Jaden and Darius, and Trevor was positioned outside the cell as a guard, along with DJ. He heard Darius ask about Shazam, and then Jen asked if it was him.

If what was him? Trevor thought as he looked nto the room. All were gathered around the windows and watching something. Trevor ran to the left of the door and looked out one of the large viewports. A TIE with only half its wings was being pulled toward the Atrus, while being shot at by the corvette. Shazam had been doing a good job dodging the shots, but as he was almost in the Atrus` bay, a bolt made perfect contact with his fighter. It was thrown into the hanger, with large chunks falling off of it. He didn`t see where it landed, but he didn`t need to.

O no...did...Did Shazam just.... He couldn`t bring himself to complete the thought. DJ was standing next to him, and when Trevor looked at him, he had a look of horror and dis-belief on his face, and Trevor was sure he had the exact same look.

Trevor hung his head and wasn`t sure what to do.

We can`t give up now. Just because Shazam is gone..No! Don`t htink that, you don`t know for sure...just because he isn`t here right now, doesn`t mean we can just quit. Our fearless leader isn`t here to help us, but we were doing fairly good on our own. He though, trying to figure out what to do next.

"Did anyone else just see what I saw?" Someone said from inside the cell. It was followed bya  few 'Yups' and 'I hope not's.

Trevor walked slowly into the cell, and leaned against the wall. The ship gave a little shake and stars and the atrus were blurred, then replaced by hyperspace`s 'light show'.

"Well, what do you do now? We got no help, and we can`t get outta here...I mean, hell, we don`t even know who has cvontrol of this ship anymore..." Trevor said, tossing his rifle onto the cot in the cell, then sitting down.

"What if we took control of the ship?" Tokijin asked with a shrug. "It might not work, but hell, we`ve taken down quite a few guards already, can`t be many more left on this thing..."

"I dunno...It`d be harder then hell, and even if we do try, whats to say we even stand a chance...I`ve owned one of these, and I know everything about them...They can have security up and on us faster than you can snap your fingers, and I don`t mean guards...I`m surprised they havn`t tried it yet." Trevor said, putting his head in his hands as Toki sat down next to him.

"Well...Wait, you said you know everything about these?" Warren asked.

"Yeah...I used to fix mine all the time, they are pretty damn hard to run with a crew of 10 that decreases all the time. I`ve worked on everything in these from electrical systems to engines."

"Maybe we can capture it. We would just need a way to disable the security...Think you can do anything about that?" Warren asked him.

"If we find a central computer terminal I could, but they are usally on the bridge, in the security control room, and one in the cell block somewhere...."

"Come on people, lets move! We got a terminal for us to find." Warren said in a commanding voice, picking up Trevor`s blaster and handing it to him, then stepping out of the room.

(OOC: If any of this is un-feasable, Let me know and I can change it.)

-----------------------
FM/SCRW/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 3(1-3)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
Tokijin
ComNet Novice

Tokijin

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  33
Total Posts:  258
December 12, 2005 10:23:12 PM    View the profile of Tokijin 
Tokijin gaped out the window as she watched Shazam go down. She wiped the side of her face with her hand and shivered. Why did it have to be Shazam? She didn't realize the cut on her face was burning again until she heard Trevor's voice from what it felt like from a distance. She turned around, preferring to listen to him than let her mind wander with possibilities.

"Well, what do you do now? We got no help, and we can`t get outta here...I mean, hell, we don`t even know who has control of this ship anymore..." Trevor said, tossing his rifle onto the cot in the cell, then sitting down.

Toki wasn't going to let anyone give up. Shazam wasn't there to help, but they had gotten this far already. She began tossing ideas around.

"What if we took control of the ship? It might not work, but hell, we`ve taken down quite a few guards already, can`t be many more left on this thing..."

"I dunno...It`d be harder then hell, and even if we do try, whats to say we even stand a chance...I`ve owned one of these, and I know everything about them...They can have security up and on us faster than you can snap your fingers, and I don`t mean guards...I`m surprised they haven`t tried it yet." Trevor said, putting his head in his hands. Toki sat down next to him and leaned against the wall behind her and closed her eyes for a minute as Warren and Trevor talked.

"Come on people, lets move! We got a terminal to find." Warren's voice echoed in her ears, and she jumped up, white spots sketching her vision. They quickly went away as she shook her head. She ran what she had heard through her mind as Warren handed Trevor his gun and walked out the the room, everyone following in pursuit. Toki waited for Trevor to get up before she ran out the room, assuming he would follow.

"The bridge...Where would the fricken bridge be?" Toki mumbled to herself as they ran, Warren in the lead. She was glad she was toward the back. She looked over her shoulder and saw two guards chasing after them. "Oh crap." She stopped running and turned around to fire, hitting one in the shoulder, but not stopping the other guard from attacking. He shot at her and missed terribly. "Sucker." She finished him off with a few shots as Trevor got the first guy she had hit in the shoulder.

She nodded to Trevor in thanks, and began running again. Everyone had gotten far ahead of them but it didn't take long for her to catch up considering they were being shot at from the front of the line as well. She prayed Warren knew where he was going. She wasn't very fond of getting lost.

As they ran Toki looked off to the sides at all the guards that were sprawled around. "So many of them..." She whispered. They had taken so many down already but she was sure there were much more soon to come.

She stumbled forward, a limb had knocked off her balance. She dropped her rifle as she did a face plant. "Damn that hurt." It wasn't long before she heard gun fire behind her. She grabbed her gun and stood up, but not before a shot whizzed past her head. Trevor was firing at the five guards that filled the hallway as they ran toward them. Tokijin jumped off to the side, into an open door way. Shots flew by, everyone else had kept running. Trevor had followed her lead and hid a doorway across from her own. Tokijin winced. He should have gone with the rest of the group to the bridge. They needed him, but her, not so much. Toki peeked out and shot a few shots, taking one of them down.

"Trevor, you need to go with them! I can handle this." Toki shouted from across the hallway. She hid again, only to shoot out once more, taking another one down. Trevor had taken down one and looked reluctant to go. "There's only two of them! I got it! You need to go!" She jumped out from her hiding place and shot at the last two guards as she ran toward them, acting as a distraction so Trevor could run.

"The bridge isn't too far from here! You better be there soon!" Trevor shouted at her as he ran toward the group which had almost disappeared from sight. Toki smirked as she shot another down and only the last guy remained. He shot three shots at her and one of them hit her in the forearm, just burning the skin. She shot at him and he went down. She looked down at her arm and silently cursed. It was bleeding. She turned out into the main hallway and began running as fast as her legs would carry her.

-----------------------
Nazgul Squadron

SC/FM Tokijin/Nazgul 7/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Denfensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=*A*=)

~ Tokijin ~
[This message has been edited by Tokijin (edited December 12, 2005 10:27:31 PM)]
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Disciple

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Senior Chief Petty Officer
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  2865
Total Posts:  3245
December 13, 2005 4:18:32 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
(Just after my last post...)

Jack was now ready. Although his vision was still a bit blurry and his body was aching like crazy, Jack knew he could fight. With a blaster in his hand, he started off with a defense posture as the group continued to move along.

Jack was, as always, thinking about Alexia and their unborn child. Jack feared that it would clog his vision and he would end up getting shot, but that was natural.

After all, Jack was a husband and a father-to-be.

Moving quitely down the hall, Jack found himself face-to-face with reminders of his past.

"Jack, you couldn't have done anything about it," his father had said. "We had no warning about it. The prisoner just broke out and, well, you know."

Jack just looked down, crying. He was only ten at the time when he lost his stepbrother. He just looked at his lifeless body and continued to cry, the tears falling down and splashing on the floor of the Star Destroyer's hard metal floor.

He then looked over at his stepmom, who was sobbing over the lifeless body in the prison cell.

He made himself a promise to forget the tragedy. He would have to forget about his own stepbrother and the entire incident.

"Jack?"

Jack was then brought out of the memory by Art's voice.

"Come on, already," Art said.

"Sorry," Jack said. He then looked down at the floor.

The body Jack had seen early had vanished.

The memory had resurfaced after all these years.

(Okay, just a little thing from my past...)

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.

------------------------------------------------------------
Senior Chief Petty Officer Jack Nebulax, Nazgul Squadron, Imperial Navy, Vast Empire.
XO/FL/SCPO Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [SV] [VC:S]
Rep|Int/Rep Jack Nebulax/Rep: 4/Reporters-Interviewers/VE/VET
Admiral Jack Nebulax, third-in-command of the Auroran Defense Fleet (ADF) and leader of Nemesis Wing (Wing I)
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2043
December 13, 2005 5:00:03 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Warren took the left-hand side of the door while Dar sat at the right, weapons at the ready.  Trevor had run up beside Darius and began messing with the control panel, attempting to conceal himself while the rest of the group turned about impatiently as if something was about to collapse what little plans they had. 

"You guys ready?" Trevor said as he held half a wire in his teeth.  Dar glanced at Warren, then Art and Jen.  They all nodded and Trevor shrugged and tied two wires together.  The two halves of the door split apart subtly as Dar jumped through the narrow entrance, weapon coming alive despite some obvious injury.  Warren followed suit as the entrance was fully developed and begin to look for marks.

"GET BACK!" Darius yelled as Trevor and Jen turned to push DJ to the exit.  Jaden trusted the bellowing command and jumped over a control panel as Art slid around the corner.  Darius met the floor hard next to Warren as a grenade went off in the center of the bridge.  Screens and panels blinked out as a few circuits were cut or overloaded; no one seemed to take any account for the staff at those controls.

"These people are suicidal..." Darius commented as some of the musty air from the explosion reached them and burned their nostrils. 

"Like I was sayin...  Three types of pirates..." Warren spun around and kept crouched under a dismal looking controls array.  The bridge was currently split into two halfs with Warren and Darius on the right and Art with Jaden on the opposite side.  Jen, Dj, and Jack remained outside the room and waited for another shot to come before jumping back into the battle.

"What type are these?"  Darius was messing with his weapon and poked his head around the corner.

"Judging by the fellow who interigated us..." he poked his head around the corner as well and tried to interpret Art's aggrivated signals.

"And the fact they just anhilated they're own command crew with a grenade..." He waved his hand as if the answer would come to him and then said-

"Your lookin at the loonies...  Art wants us to run up the middle while they provide cover-fire by the way..." Warren finished as he suddenly understood the hand motions. 

"Will do..." Darius said without giving Warren another chance to speak; Tokijin had just arrived at the base position with Jack, Jen, and Dj when the rogue imperial flung himself into the battle again.

Warren twisted around the command collumn while Art had already seen Dar flying out of his hiding place and was already firing into some now alert guards at the top of the bridge.  The man in Frazer's uniform was gone out of sight as soon as the grenade had gone off...

(Short, but workin with ya here.  :>)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/ESN Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]
Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1195
Total Posts:  2143
December 13, 2005 5:21:30 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
***Prior to Toki's post***

Art didn't react at first.  In fact, he didn't really feel anything; he was hard as stone.  It wasn't that he didn't care; he just...Just what? he asked himself.  There wasn't time to deal with it at the moment, he now had a squadron to lead.  He instantly assumed command in his own mind; he was sure that would simply be formalized later by the Admiral.

***After Toki's post***

"Toki hit the deck!"  Art shouted from behind the edge of a blast door down the hallway.  Toki dove to the ground as he pulled out.  He fired three quick bursts down the hall; the first two hit the lead guard in the head with the last one hitting the other one in the chest.  SITHSPIT!  Art shouted to himself as he left arm reeled in pain.  He was holding the carbine with both hands; the only thing he ever held with one hand if possible was a pistol.  The recoil was murder on his arm and it felt as though it had reopenned what parts of the wound had been closed from the poor medical treatment he had receieved and the dried blood on top of the arm.

They finally arrived at the bridge.  When the door open, Art was surprised by what he saw.  Art quickly absorbed it as he went for cover.  After instructing Dimmias accordingly at least he understands the signals Art thought, he crawled down into position and rested his carbine on an angle with the cartridge against the ground.  He was hoping that the ground would absorb as much as the recoil as possible.

Suddenly, Dar went racing up toward the bridge.  Art shifted down slightly and opened fire on the first human life form he saw.  A grenade blast sent him diving for cover as shrapnel sprayed across the bridge.

"Darius?"  Art shouted.  No response at first.  Art raised himself slowly and signalled to Dimmias.  The rest of that group moved forward while Art, Jen, Toki, and Jack moved down towards some of the terminals that were lower than the bridge walkway.  Suddenly Art stopped, he heard the sound of a clang near by.  "Down!"  he shouted falling back and shielding his face.  The grenade exploded a second later, shredding the terminals including blow one monitor straight up in the air before it crashed down on the walkway two meters above.  These guys are nuts.

(OOC: Remember the plan everyone.  We get control of the ship and ready the self-destruct device.  When we exit hyperspace, we prevent the hanger door from opening and fire off all of the escape pods.  Then they are trapped with us.)

-----------------------
FM/ESN Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/Nazgul 2/Phoenix Wing/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Initiate

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  102
December 13, 2005 7:34:33 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
(OOC: We`re just keeping you on your toes Shaz ...Hey, where did I go? I dissapeared half-way through Shazam`s post..O well, I`ll work with it....I`m guessing that this control pnael I was working at is outside of the main-bridge-area.)

*** Right after Toki`s post ***

Trevor sprinted off down the hall, hopeing that Toki could handle herself. He didn`t liketo leave people behind, and didn`t want to lose another squadren mate, especialy when it could have been prevented. He rounded a corner and tripped over his own feet. He got up and kept his sprint up. Another corner and he was back with the group. They were standing impatiently on either side of a pair of blast doors, and Trevor could see the panel he was supposed to be working with.

He slid past Darius and opened the panel. Inside was a mess of wires, and no screen or anything, unlike his old corvette.

Where the hell is the screen? Mine had one...O yeah, that was a custom thing... He thought to himself. Where could I get a screen? My comm! Its got a screen. He reached down to his wrist and swore under his breath. They had taken his comm, and now he didn`t have a screen to work with. He pulled back a few wires and tried to remember what controlled the bridge blast doors. He hoped he remember correctly as he pulled out a long green wire, an equally long blue wire, and a black wire. Holding the end of the blue wire in his teeth, he asked if the group was ready, and everyone gave him a nod. He twisted the black and green wires together, then touched the blue wire to the exposed part of the twisted wires. A small blue spark was given off and the doors opened with almost no speed.

Darius had ran through when the doors were open just enough for him to fit, and Warren was right after.

"GET BACK!" Darius yelled as Trevor and Jen turned to push DJ to the exit.  Jaden trusted the bellowing command and jumped over a control panel as Art slid around the corner.  Darius met the floor hard next to Warren as a grenade went off in the center of the bridge.  Screens and panels blinked out as a few circuits were cut or overloaded; no one seemed to take any account for the staff at those controls.

"These people are suicidal..." Darius commented as some of the musty air from the explosion reached them and burned their nostrils.

"Like I was sayin...  Three types of pirates..." Warren spun around and kept crouched under a dismal looking controls array.  The bridge was currently split into two halfs with Warren and Darius on the right and Art with Jaden on the opposite side.  Jen, Dj, and Jack remained outside the room and waited for another shot to come before jumping back into the battle.

"What type are these?"  Darius was messing with his weapon and poked his head around the corner.

"Judging by the fellow who interigated us..." he poked his head around the corner and seemed to be trying to figure out what Art was doing. Trevor couldn`t see anything, and decided to try and see if he could do anything else with the control panel.

"And the fact they just anhilated they're own command crew with a grenade..." He waved his hand as if the answer would come to him and then said-

"Your lookin at the loonies...  Art wants us to run up the middle while they provide cover-fire by the way..." Warren finished as he suddenly understood what Art had been telling him.

"Will do..." Darius said without giving Warren another chance to speak; Tokijin had just arrived at the base position with Jack, Jen, and Dj when the rogue imperial flung himself into the battle again.

Trevor was working away at the panel and Toki ducked down beside him as the others got slowly back towards the battlefield.

"Anything working?" She asked him.

"I got the doors open didn`t I?" He snapped at her, slightly frusterated with what he was trying to do now.

"Oh..sorry."

"Don`t worry about..." He replied, pausing as he pulled hard on a wire that was firmly attetched to the board. "Don`t worry about it. You`d better get in there and help out."

"Yeah. Good luck."

"You too." He said, wishing her luck as she got up and snuck into the room. Everyone was in there now, and he was pulling more wires out of the board and then trying to put a few back, as he realized what they were for.

Another two grenade blasts went off in quick succesion, and Trevor flicnhed with each one of them. He was looking for a specific wire when one of the wires in his hand touched an exposed wire. A huge spark was let off, throwing him off his feet and across the hall, and then the lights flickered and went out. He heard soem cursing from through the doors and heard people flinging themselves at walls for cover, and Trevor swore out loud.

"Shit! I just had to touch those two...Damn!" He swore, as he groped his way back towards the panel. Finding the right wires to restore the lights would be difficult in the dark would be harder then in the light. He grabbed a bundle of wires in one hand and started sorting through them, hopeng that his memory was good enough to serve as a guide in the darkness.

(OOC: In the next person`s post, they can have me get the lights back on. I just needed something for him to be doing seeing as he 'went missing'.)

-----------------------
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Disciple

Jack Nebulax

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  2866
December 14, 2005 2:51:56 PM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
(Right after Art's post...)

The explosion had caught Jack off-guard for a moment. He continued to grip the blaster in his hand, getting ready to fire at anything that got into their way.

Jack didn't get a chance to even hear the grenade. His hearing was going from good to bad to good to worse. But we definitely heard the explosion. A piece of durasteel hit his useless mechanical right arm, creating a slash in the metal.

"Jack, you couldn't have saved him."

The vision was now tormenting him like crazy.

"You had no control over what happened."

It kept it up, no matter what Jack did.

And then, he found himself out of the fighting, out of the corvette, back on Aurora Prime.

His stepbrother's funeral.

It was a vision, but a vision so real that Jack felt that everyone knew he was there. His father, his stepmother, himself - all standing there, looking down at the small memorial.

Jack was so angry at himself. Angry at everything he did wrong; everything he had failed to do. It was like a swarm of Auroran buzzers flying around an Auroran forest-dwelling zarkun that was about to die.

And then, the funeral was over. The memory slipped from Jack's mind.

Returning to real-life, Jack realized the meaning of it.

He now had to find his stepbrother's killer. But first, there was the mission at hand.

"Come on, Jack," Art said. "Get moving!"

"Got it," Jack replied, keeping his new secret mission to himself.

(Okay, it's short, but it's basically going to lead into my personal story after this.)

-----------------------
Revenge is what holds this galaxy together. Without it, the universe would be a boring place.

Senior Chief Petty Officer Jack Nebulax, Nazgul Squadron, Imperial Navy, Vast Empire.
XO/FL/SCPO Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 5 (2-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [SV] [VC:S]
Admiral Jack Nebulax, third-in-command of the Auroran Defense Fleet (ADF) and leader of Nemesis Wing (Wing I)
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2055
December 16, 2005 6:15:54 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Warren kept himself behind the array for cover as the lights went out, not completely sure of what was to come next.  Then the blaster bolts were everywhere and summertime fireworks came to mind as the imperial took his chance to make way to the stairs.

Warren stood up awkwardly as if waiting to be shot and moved forward aggresivly, jumping right to the stairstep.  His feet moved eagerly across the steps until they met a body and the man felt himself topple a crimson bolts blew past him in a random series of shots. 

"STAY DOWN!" Darius yelled and let off a remarkable amount of firepower into the apex of the staircase.  Warren glanced over at him, trying not to look directly into the bright rifles.  Where did he get three other rifles?

The guns were silensced as Darius moved from his hiding spot; the enemy had discovered him.  The enemy's shots struck nothing and there was a moment of dull clapping feet up the staircase.  A glitter effect from the sparks proved to be the distraction Warren needed though, his single weapon no longer just a firing mechanism, but a blunt object, a boomerang, and a hook for side swipes. 

"C'mon..." Trevor said, closing his eyes tightly in the entrance of the room preparing for whatever shock might occur.  Warren dropped as the lights came on, realizing the man behind him had his barrel to his back.  Dimmias let off two shots into the knee caps of the man beside him as Art flew up the stairs and began firing on the enemy with the barrel to Warren's back. 

"Thank me later," he said upon reaching him and then dove to the ground.  The stairs itself only went halfway up the bridge.  The midsegment cut into two different halfs and turned the opposite way in a slightly more artsy form.  This is where the command crew had taken cover and was now raining fire down on the Imperial insurgents.

Jen, Jack and DJ rushed forward, their backs to Art and Warren as they aimed to the sky and hoped to get someone in the face or atleast do some damage to the barrel of their guns.

"Found something we might use!" Jaden came out from his hiding place as Darrius cafefully position himself in the corner of the staircase, nestling himself inbetween the wall and a controls array.

Jaden rushed forward with the grenade in hand as Darius realized what he was holding.

"NO!"

"YES!" He grinned and jumped into the fray of blaster fire as the trio that'd just gone in came out. 

"OW!" He yelled as a bolt took him in the shoulder and he looked upwards for a place to throw with his other hand now.

"Yea, that's what happens when you jump in the way of those red things..." Darius said angrilly as he looked for the one who'd shot his squadron-mate.

"Whadya think of me now?" he roared above the blaster fire and threw the live grenade into the balcony which didn't appear to have very good lighting.  The imperial ran for cover farther underneath the balcony as the explosion went off a moment later.  Three bodies met the ground and both Art and Warren knew it was time to clear out the remaining enemy population.  The two looked at eachother and agreed to disagree, taking a stairwell each and looking for whatever targets remained as the squadron moved in behind them...

(Okay, I suppose we're following through with what Art has thought up, but lets try to be creative just yet.  See you in a few days.  Surprise me.  In a good way, mind you, lol.  Keep rockin.)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Darius
ComNet Cadet

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  220
Total Posts:  367
December 16, 2005 10:55:23 PM    View the profile of Darius 
(The long awaited interrogation of Darius and Jaden.  *John Williams appears behind Darius with a crazy look on his face and directs dramatic music as he writes*)

Jaden held Darius' eye in his hand and rolled it around.  He could see it clearly in the cell by Darius flood light on his armor.  "This is pretty nifty man.  Kinda wish I had one, but I've suffered enough with this," he said, gesturing to his artificial arm.

"Yeah.  I kinda miss my original eye though, but this has..." Darius continued, and listed off many different features to his artificial eye.

His comrade the eye a firm tap, "durable too.  It also accents that nice long scar you have on the side of your head.  Nice little battle scar to remember that little knife fight."

"One: the scar isn't very little.  Two: the knife fight wasn't little.  I killed the man with the sacrifice of my eye.  Three: it wasn't cheap, even though I practically stole it from my father-in-law."

"Ahh, Darius is no longer a swinging bachelor, but a hitched man.  Joining the club with Art and Jack are we?"

"You would've married her if you were in my position.  No matter who you are.  I'm just about as cold and paranoid as they get, but she broke through that ice when I laid my eyes on her, and rescued her.  It almost felt like a compulsory action."

"She cute?"

Darius couldn't hold his laugh, "cute.  Her stunning wit was the second thing I noticed about her."

"So, this father-in-law.  You stole from him?"

"Full of questions aren't we?"

"Yep."

"Yeah, I probably lost him some money, even though I think I paid for most of was it was actually worth.  He acts like he hates me, but I can tell that he's grateful that I've taken Layren off Nar Shaddaa."

"And how do you know that?"

Darius cursed himself in his head.  He was venturing too close to revealing his Lorrdian heritage.  "Layren doesn't lie to me."  Which had been true thus far, from was Darius could read.

"That has come to your knowledge how?"

The other pilot recovered by changing topics.  "Can I have my eye back please?"

"Sure," Jaden answered and tossed it.  Darius caught it and popped it back in.  He looked at the wall and turned the light off and pulled his uniform coat back up.

"Nutty McNutsteine is coming with his crony."

"Who?" Jaden questioned, not catching on to what Darius was trying to say. 

"The guy I kicked in the nuts is coming."

"Oh, how can you tell."

"Because I can see one of his testicals is floating around in his abdomin.  With luck, it'll return to its rightful spot, if I don't kill him first."

Jaden winced in pain as if he had experience the painful blow, "I see."

The door opened, and the one nutted guard held his rifle with unease.  "Get up, it's your turn to meet the boss!" he said and flashed them a sadistic grin.

Darius and Jaden reluctantly got up and approached the door.  Darius was there first, "that's not necessary, sir," he said, indicating the gun.

"I'll be the judge of that.  Move!"

"Fine," he answered.  Faster than the guards eyes could detect, Darius' fist flashed out at the man's throat.  If he had punched slightly harder, the guards trachea wouldn't have split.  The suffering man went down, gasping for air, and the other guard rushed in with a stun baton.  This time Darius' feet lashed out, and the man was down in seconds.

"Umm..." Darius muttered in confusion.  "I've never used those moves from what I can remember.  I only know four hand-to-hand techniques."

Jaden stepped out of the cell, mouth slightly ajar.  "Whatever that was, keep it up.  That was amazing!"

"This is the way to where they were going to take us, I think," Darius continued, still slightly shocked.

"Shouldn't we escape?"

"We'd never make it.  Not even with whatever the hell I did back there would get us to my weapons."

Jaden shook his head and Darius answered, "these guys are willing to kill us without hesitation.  Follow my lead.  Ah, here we are."

The other pilot thought to himself, you're either the bravest, or the stupidest man I've ever met.

Two pilots walked into the interrogation room, and they had weapons on them the instant it hit the pirates that they were unaccompanied.

"Where's Dez?" asked a man who appeared to be the leader.

Darius was back to normal again, leaving his emotions in the conversation he had had moments earlier.  "Mourning the loss over the children he never had."

"We've got a smart one on our hands boys," the leader announced, then smiled.  "They usually break the easiest."  With that said, a large man grabbed Darius' arm and tried to put him in the bloodied chair as another guard put Jaden in the second chair, and strapped him in.  The large one started slamming the locks, but they would latch. 

"Boss, we gotta problem."

The leader kicked a small folding chair at the guard and it slid across the deck plates, never tipping over.  "Tie him to that, you idiot!"

Next, the leader examined the two and picked his victim.  "I'll start with you," he said, indicating Darius.  "Who are you, give me your rank, and how much they pay you."

Darius gave him a chilling stare and remained silent.  "Quiet type huh?  I have ways of dealing with you."  He pulled the vibroblade out, and the shimmered, covered in blood.  He walked over and slowly forced the blade into his thigh, it stopped immediatly.  No blood spilled.

The young pilot spoke, "you're men are of poor quality.  Especially when they over-look a prisoner's armor.  Good luck getting it off, because I'm not opening the lock."

"Well, you're face doesn't have armor on it."  The interrogator punched him in the face several times.  A small amount of blood tricked down the side of his head.  Next, Darius stared at the point of the blade, and it worked toward his left eye.  The blade was cold to the touch, and the edge had been freshly sharpened.  It made a small cut, and Darius twisted and bent over.  He came back up and his eye was missing.  What appeared to be blood was rushing down his face.  Most of it wasn't though.

"We gonna talk now?"

Darius stared the man down, and he changed tactics.  "Alright, say goodbye to your friend."  His arm drew back and was about with swing for a killing blow, Darius spoke.  "Go to your computer and find the Hutt Cartel's top twenty most wanted list.  Put in Darius Pursius."

The leader nodded to a man, and he followed the directions.  Upon arrival, he whistled in satisfaction.  "Nice little down payment on a small cruiser."

"Find the Hapan Consortium's top twenty.  I should be on there too."  Once again, Darius was confused again on the information he was gaining by accident.

"That's a down payment, and then some," the guard added.

This had bought Darius enought time and he bent over and retrieved his eye.  "I still don't need this guy though," the leader added, and wound back for a killing strike.  Two small dualing blades unsheathed themselved from the armor's wrist, and cut the bindings.  Darius reached down and cut the rope at his feet.  Then, grabbing the chair, he hurled it at the leader.  The knife flew and cut Jaden on top of his left shoulder, but he was otherwise fine, just bleeding more than he wanted to.

Darius fist wound back for a killing blow to the leader, but a stun baton connected to the back of his head, and he fell into another flashback.

"Take them back to their cells!" the leader commanded.  "And make that one hurt!" he yelled, pointing at Jaden.

As the two guards drug the Imperials back to their cells, and leader started yelling, "you idiot, you left the key in this chair!  How can you lock it that way!"

-----------------------
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men to do nothing. --Edmund Burke

-----------------------

FM/SCRW Darius Pursius/Nazgul 2-2/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=)
[This message has been edited by Darius (edited December 23, 2005 10:34:22 AM)]
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Disciple

Jack Nebulax

[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  2872
December 17, 2005 8:34:42 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
(On the bridge...)

Now that they were on the corvette's bridge, things got harder for Nazgul Squadron. And since Jack wasn't in a good shape due to his interrogation, things were even harder for him since his eyesight was going from bad to good to bad to worse.

"Watch out!" Art screamed to Jack as a bolt flew by Jack's face.

"Thanks, Art," Jack said as he dodged the bolt that would have hit him square in the chest.

Jack, with his blaster ready, shot in the direction of the enemy fire. His blaster bolts manage to hit a pirate in the chest in three spots.

But the pirate next to him, obviously trying to avenge his fallen comrad, shot out at Jack as if he had six arms with two blasters in each of the six hands.

Jack's mechanical right arm, not functional, proved to still be of some use. Although it wasn't strong enough to take a dozen bolts, it was good to shield himself a little as the bolts flew by. One bolt hit his arm, causing a crater to appear in the metal.

And then his thoughts shifted to Alexia, his wife. Then he realized it.

That blast had destroyed his holoprojection plate.

The image of his wife was now gone.

But he would have to worry about that after he and the rest of the squadron finished the mission at hand and go back home for a little bit so they could recover.

If they survived the mission, that is.

(Okay, it's nothing much, but I needed a post, and I don't have a lot of time.)

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Jack Nebulax (edited December 17, 2005 8:35:45 AM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Ensign
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2063
December 20, 2005 12:30:58 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Art met the tech hard on the way up the last stairsteps, forcing his shoulder into his chest with the gun only inches away from his own.  On the opposite side, Warren began his ascent with the rest of the group going either way up the steps; he seemed to be taking his time.

"Whatcha doin?" Dj queried as Darius stopped about halfway up the stairs and jumped onto the metal cutouts.  He raises his rifle high so that it would come up just above the floor and watched for enemy movement, only to find that it was well clouded by freindly feet. 

"Well, nothin now..." He said and jumped back down as Art picked himself up from the ground in front of them.  Two techs were running stage left for the heavy durasteal door that had been slammed shut in the Captain's escape. 

"Switchen to stun," Warren almost whispered to his collegues as he took aim for the two runners.  Jen, Jack and Trevor clicked the switch promptly and covered the two shots that were made, jumping out as soon as they met their marks.  Tokijin had stayed pretty well back from the battle so far but then rushed up the staircase past Darius and Jaden's cautious movement when she saw Art struggling.  Darius was a little upset he hadn't caught her from jumping into a death trap, but he was pleasently surprised to see her knock out the man Art was wrestling by a sizable kick with her boot.  His eyes narrowed as he took notice of a dark weapon rising in the midst of gun fire though.  Long and cool it was as deadly and stealthy as Darius had ever seen them as he shouted-

"Toki, DROP!" He heard himself as the weapon went off.  Two crimson bolts crossed from the Tokijin to the edge of the stairwell where they connected with Darius's weapon, throwing it from his hands.  The gun was totalled, he knew, dropping his palid profile to the ground as if feeling the sight bare down on him.  Tokijin lay as he did, waiting anxiously for the next quick succession of acurate fire and thought, "Who's it ganna be?" But then there was a percussion of blaster fire that seemed to end it all.  The silence was a reluctant one with sparks and malfunctioning equipment crying out bloody murder as Darius and the rest of the crew from the left looked up over the short walls surrounding them. 

"Disarm them and have them bound, we need to take this ship back to the Atrus or atleast get a call out," Warren said to his faction, not really looking at any particular person.

"I agree... We need to be getting help rather than taking over this ship..." Art said and stood to his full height and strode to what he figured was a command consol with communications capabilities, all the while motioning to Trevor.  Warren didn't seem to mind the initive and pulled the strap from his weapon across his chest into a snug fit and began to pick up the weapons from the battle and place them on a brightly lit radar screen.

The rest of Nazgul Squadron quickly scavenged the area for remaining hostiles and cleaned up whatever bodies remained.  Warren had stopped picking up weapons and was now looking to either secure the doors or get some video coverage of the enemy when a groan reverberated across the way from a pile of bodies.  Everyone noticed it but did not move, unsure of whether to let it stay and rot or pull it out and prosecute it.  Dimmias blocked out his own pondering for a moment and skidded across the upper level floor to the pile of bodies to extricate the groaning pirate.

"This is Nazgul Three, do you copy Command Atrus?" Trevor said a clearly as possible while watching the scene of flying bodies and searching eyes. 

"And here we are," Warren announced as one mangled young man sat crying in pain.  The pilot furrowed his eyebrows, wondering if he should question him as he noticed the left arm was moving.  Warren threw his own left arm out to throw the hidden pistol away as it rose with remarkable speed.  The gun skidded across the floor but it might as well have been the tech's slight hope running away from him.  Warren grabbed the shirt of the man and turned it smartly to get a little more harnising power as he lifted him in the air.

"Who are you?" he queried, levitating the man off the ground.  The tech's eyes wandered for a minute, unanswering so Warren nodded to Darius at his right.  Darius seemed to understand although he'd never been given such a command thus far in the Navy and walked casually to the prisoner and extended his left leg so it was perfectly straight.  The eyes of Nazgul squadron watched curiously as if they truly didn't see what was coming next.  In one swift motion his arm went up and brought the elbow back down on the tech's knee as if using a blow horn.  The tech screamed in such agony and twitched in such a way as Warren continued to hold him in the air that Tokijin and Jen both looked away.  You could say it was a girl thing, but one might have thought twice if they would have heard the blood-curtling scream erupt from him as Darius thrust the knee cap back into place and moved the leg back and forth, testing his own workmanship. 

"TENTH Teahhhhh... Ahhh...  Tenth tech of the command crew.." he said as his eyes rolled around in his head.

"Where were you stationed?" Warren dropped him lightly to the ground, allowing just a little force on the bad leg.

"You're trakcing our ship for coordinates?" Trevor sounded a little angry that he couldn't surprise the command staff of the Atrus as the tech whispered back to Warren.

"Clean water and coolant supervisor..." His eyes were slightly downcast as Jaden and Dj snickered slightly, having expected some top rank with the torture they'd just given him. 

"I was ganna be a..." he began but Warren removed his card and handed it to Dj and said-

"See if you can cut off the water supply to the rest of the ship, will ya?" And then he pulled out his blaster and gave the pirate fellow in critical condition a nice shot to the chest, taking him out as if flicking off a switch.

"Well, lemme see what I can do about getting us from hyperspace," Trevor said and peered at the dispondent and smoking equipment before him.  "Yea, we might have to just wait it out..."

A whisp from an airlock sounded and the group was alert once again.  They glanced downward to see if they could get a couple of easy shots off when a voice boomed out from behind them.

"Drop your weapons..." No one spun around, but they lowered their guns sadly, realizing they'd lost their chance of escape.   

"No...  You drop your weapons," Trevor said with his rifle raised to the group of ten.  Five of them turned to meet his challenge but he did not seem to care.

"Loose the gun or you dead, bud..." the leader said without a second thought.

"Well, I suppose this is your last chance before I blow this ship to crap..." Trevor said and smiled, his finger held on black button.  Everyone looked at the lone pilot now and a sense of urgency surrounded him.  Well, Trevor seemed pretty calm about it, but the drops of sweat seemed to glide down the cheeks of the enemy troops even slower and more precisely now that he was holding his finger on that button.

"Three...  Two..." Trevor began the countdown.

"Hold, he wouldn't kill his own freinds..." The leader announced, slightly reassured.

"I have no family and I'd rather my freinds die this way rather than yours...  One." The enemy weapons dropped to the ground...

(Bout what you were thinkin Art?)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Trevor Evenson
ComNet Initiate

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  109
December 20, 2005 7:47:34 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor had managed to find, with the help of Art, a terminal which hadn`t been decimated, and still seemed to function normaly. He flipped a few switches and picked up a headset. He put it on and started to speak.

"This is Nazgul Three, do you copy Command Atrus?" Trevor said a clearly as possible while watching the scene of flying bodies and searching eyes.

"We copy. We are currently tracking you for coordinates. We can`t get a lock on you until your out of hyperspace though." The tech on the other end replied to him.

There was another shot let off behind him, but he tried to ignore it.

"Well, lemme see what I can do about getting us from hyperspace," Trevor said and peered at the dispondent and smoking equipment before him.  "Yeah, we might have to just wait it out..."

A whisp from an airlock sounded and the group was alert once again.  They glanced downward to see if they could get a couple of easy shots off when a voice boomed out from behind them.

"Drop your weapons..." No one spun around, but they lowered their guns sadly, realizing they'd lost their chance of escape. 

"No...  You drop your weapons," Trevor said with his rifle raised to the group of ten.  Five of them turned to meet his challenge but he did not seem to care.

"Loose the gun or you dead, bud..." the leader said without a second thought.

"Well, I suppose this is your last chance before I blow this ship to crap..." Trevor said and smiled, his finger held on black button. He had moved his hand over it when the enemy had entered. He had noticed it before, and knew what it was for, although was slightly surprised why these pirates hadn`t used it when they had the chance. Everyone looked at the lone pilot now and a sense of urgency surrounded him.  Well, Trevor seemed pretty calm about it, but the drops of sweat seemed to glide down the cheeks of the enemy troops even slower and more precisely now that he was holding his finger on that button.

"Three...  Two..." Trevor began the countdown.

"Hold, he wouldn't kill his own freinds..." The leader announced, slightly reassured.

"I have no family and I'd rather my freinds die this way rather than yours..." He lied. He did have people he cared about as much as family, from both inside the squadren and out. He hoped the wouldn`t catch his bluff. ".. One." The enemy weapons dropped to the ground...But not before the leader fired off a badly aimed shot at Trevor, hitting the chair next to him.

Trevor motioned for Toki to come over to him, and told her to be ready to press the button, but only if the new arrivals tried anything very stuipid.

She put her finger on the button lightly, and Trevor strod over to the man who shot at him. He grabbed his rifle by the barrel and hit the man across the face as hard as he could. The man spun around and hit the floor, then slowly sat up.

"It hurts Don`t it?!" Trevor hollered at the man, kicking him. "Don`t shoot at me ever again."

Just as Trevor was about to turn around, one of the enemy picked up his weapon and pointed it at Trevor, then at himself, and pulled the triggar.

"Shit!" Came from behind Trevor, along with flashing red lights. "I didn`t mean to! Can you fix it?" Toki said, throwing her hand up in the air and then sitting down in the chair, her head in her hands. She appeared to be on the brink of tears.

"I thought I said not to push it?" Trevor snapped sternly, rushing over to the panel. He did have 30 minutes to try and stop the countdown, but that meant doing quite a few things. "Look, I can fix it, ok? Don`t worry. I just need time."

"I pushed it cause he picked up his gun. I thought he was going to shoot at us." She said, wiping her eyes with her hand.

"Yeah, like I said. I can fix it."

He stood up and shoved his hands in his pockets. To stop the countdown, he needed some tools, along with acess to a bunch of different wirering stations, and a very well synchronized pair of people, not to mention comms.

Art grabbed his shoulder and pulled him off to the side.

"Can you really stop it? Or did you just tell her that? I need to know now ok?" He said quietly to Trevor.

"I can, I just need 15 minutes, some people, and some tools. If we`ve got comms, it works much better." Trevor replied, pushing his hands deeper intohis pockets. The rest of the group had taken care of the new arrivals, and had taken some comms from them. Trevor picked one up and looked it over quickly, then bent down to check a tech`s pockets for tools. He found what he was looking for. A pair of wire cutters.

(OOC: OK...the countdown is started, and Trevor will stop it with some help. They need to find three different wire-boxes, and cut the wires simutaniously.)

-----------------------
Darius
ComNet Cadet

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  223
December 23, 2005 10:54:49 AM    View the profile of Darius 
Darius found a semi-clean rag on the deck and wiped the fake blood off of his face.  "Well, I'm going to get my gun," he said.

"We're gonna need your help here," came Trevor's reply.  "I'm going to need assitance stopping the self-destruct."

"You have enough people.  There are three boxes you need to find, and then cut them at the same time."

"Ok, thanks for the info.  How do you know this."

"Never jump ship without knowing how it works.  Plus, back in my mercenary days, we use to have one similar to this.  Goodbye."  With that said, he turned and ran out the door.

Art was next to speak, and he wasn't happy, "Darius, get back here!"  He was already long gone.

The young pilot ran down the corridors with such stealth and quietness, that he was never discovered.  He quickly found the armory where their weapons and gear were being stored.

Stepping inside, a cold, circular piece of metal touched his temple.  "Freeze."

A haunted passed saved Darius again, and he disarmed the man, broke both his legs, then snapped his neck.  He was still confused on where this was all coming from.  When he was hit by the stun baton, he had had another flashback about the Hapans.  He knew Hapan martial arts, but thus far, he couldn't use it on his own, it just took over his body when he needed it.

Dismissing the thought, he grabbed all of his weapons armed himself head to toe.  Then, he grabbed everybody else's gear, and loaded in onto an ordinance grav sled.  He was going to have to shoot his way out this time.  He could see through the wall, troops running to the bridge, and he had to stop them first.

(it's quite short, but it gets the story moving, kinda)

-----------------------
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men to do nothing. --Edmund Burke

-----------------------

Tokijin
ComNet Novice

Tokijin

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  35
December 23, 2005 12:55:26 AM    View the profile of Tokijin 
Tokijin stood nearby, watching as Trevor worked the controls. She heard a door open and took in a sharp breath of air as a voice rang loudly in her ears.

"Drop your weapons..." No one spun around, but they lowered their guns sadly, realizing they'd lost their chance of escape. Toki glared at the man as Trevor threatened to blow them all up with the push of a button.

Before she knew it, Trevor had called her over, and gave her a set of directions. Why was he relying on her? She prayed she wouldn't mess this up. But then all went to hell as she watched a guard point his gun at Trevor. She panicked and pushed the red button as the gun shot echoed around the room.

She had closed her eyes for a split second and opened them to find the guard had shot himself. She slowly realized what she just did.

"Shit!" The lights flashed before her as Trevor turned around. "I didn't mean to! Can you fix it?" She felt totally useless. She snatched her hand away from the computer, as though she would become poisoned if she touched it again. She sat defeated in the chair next to her, the chair slightly warm from the shot it took earlier. She put her head in her hands. She felt as though the tears would spill over at any second. Leave it to the new girl to put everyone's lives in danger at the push of the button.

"I thought I said not to push it!" Trevor snapped sternly, rushing over to the panel.

A picture of her mother flashed threw her head as his words echoed in her ears. A tear escaped her eyes and she whipped it away quickly.

"Look, I can fix it, ok? Don`t worry. I just need time."

"I pushed it cause he picked up his gun. I thought he was going to shoot at us." She stated. She wished he hadn't relied on her.

"Yeah, like I said. I can fix it." She looked up at his words as Art pulled him away.

"Can you really stop it? Or did you just tell her that?" She heard his words and she stood up. She wasn't going to mope around right now. She was going to repent for her mistake.

"I can, I just need 15 minutes, some people, and some tools. If we`ve got comms, it works much better." Trevor replied. Tokijin looked around. She wasn't going to be one of the people to help deactivate the timer itself.

She looked around and spotted the man Trevor had beat the crap out of earlier. He was crawling toward the exist. She walked over to him and blocked his path.

"I will not let you leave." She said so only he could hear. She placed the tip of her boot on his forehead and threatened, "I'm not in a good mood. Tell me what I need to know and you might be lucky enough that I won't kill you." She was lying through her teeth. She planed on just knocking him out and putting him through some pain, but if someone else wanted to kill him, she would allow them to do it.

His face was stern as he stared up at her. "Good luck. You're not getting anything out of me." Tokijin smirked as she noticed he had a comm. She put more weight on his forehead as he slid toward the floor.

As she was doing this Darius ran from the room, Art shouting after him, distracting Toki's attention. The man used this distraction and pushed Toki off balance. He got up and tried to run away, but Tokijin jumped on his back and pulled him backwards, grabbing his comm as she did so. She jumped off him as he fell back and hit his head on the solid concrete, knocking him out cold. She kicked him hard in the ribs and winced as she heard a cracking sound. He was gonna feel that in the morning. If he survived long enough. If they lasted long enough.

(Sorry it's not a lot. I wanted to get something in before I had no time to post at all)

-----------------------
Nazgul Squadron

~ Tokijin ~
Darius
ComNet Cadet

Darius

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  224
December 24, 2005 5:15:46 PM    View the profile of Darius 
Darius slid out of the room and followed the dozen enemy soldiers working their way to the bridge.  In his right hand, he held a flamethrower carbine, his left, his custom E-11 marksman rifle.  It's not the wisest tool to use inside a ship, but Darius was hoping the fire control systems were still online.

As they ran, a soldier often turned around, being cautious of their rear.  Darius was lucky enough to find cover each time. 

Eventually, they made it back to the bridge, and outside the doors, the soldiers paused to check their weapons and gear before entering.

The pilot trailing them acted more sadistic and emotionless than usual and spoke the directions of activating the flamethrower out loud, "Let's see, toggle safety switch off.  Check.  Aim at target."  He looked up, his face hidden by his helmet, and then turned on a speaker in the helmet.  "Check.  Depress trigger."

The pirates faces were stunned and in disbelief.  Some began to raise their weapons, but more began to run.  Flames lept from where Darius stood, engulfing most of the enemies.

Screams of pain exploded from the dying soldier's mouths, but Darius did not even flinch at the sight nor sound.  He just continued walking forward, burning anything that moved. 

Just as he stopped, Jack poked a curious head out of the door.  His curiousity melted into disgust as he realized what he was looking at.  Then he looked at Darius, and was horrified at the un-civil, inhuman cruelty he had unleashed.  The younger pilot was walking past the flailing, burning bodies, not even sparing them the pain by killing them.  He let them burn.  This is a side of the mysterious none of them had seen.

The fire control system stepped in, and started extinguishing the fire, though delayed.  There were pirates trembling at the end of the corridor, and Darius stepped the through the foam and smoke, shooting their legs out from under them.  They were trapped, and the end was near.

Darius knelt down near one of them, "got any information for me?"  He shook his head rapidly.  The Imperial aimed his rifle at the other, and ended their lives quickly.  The lone pirate remained.  "I'm going to kill you whether you tell me or not, so I'm going to ask again.  Do you have any information for me?  You just as well tell, maybe it'll clear your soul for the next life, if you believe in one."

The trembling man looked up, and gave security codes, the names of the his commanders, and other important information.  Darius pulled out a dart from his utility belt, and spoke, "this dart will end you painlessly, and you will feel comfortable, while dying."  With that said, he stuck it in the man's neck, and the pirate actually thanked Darius.

The smell of charred, burning flesh was thick in the recycled air.  Darius walked over to the bodies spread across the deck, and shot each one in the head.  He gathered weapons, and brought them inside the bridge.  Everybody had inside had seen what he had done.  Tokijin and DJ were both in the corner vomitting while Warren tried to comfort them.  Jen was barely holding it back, and Jack, Trevor, and Art gave him a questioning look.

"Sorry you had to see that," Darius answered breaking the silence.  "I had to kill them before they got to you, and that was the fastest.  I remember why I don't use flamethrowers often now.  More forgotten events have come through my mind.  Did you stop the self-destruct?"  Trevor gave a single, slow nod.  "Good."  He flipped a recording device to Jack.  "Write that information down.  We'll need it."

"Why?" came Art's voice.

"It was either you or them," Darius replied.  "I won't let the people I love die again.  You're my extended family.  I've been with you people longer than anybody else since my father and friend died.  I cannot, and will not lose you.  Nazgul and Layren is all I've got."

The room was silent, and everybody was reflecting and thinking on what was just said.  This was another side of Darius they hadn't seen yet, and they were expecting it to come out again.

"When you give in the reports on this mission, leave the details of what I've just done to those men out.  I'm going to get the rest of the gear."  He turned and left again.

-----------------------

-----------------------

Jack Nebulax
ComNet Disciple

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  2903
December 25, 2005 9:09:50 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
Jack was surprised at the side of Darius he had just seen. It was one of those moments during a mission when Jack had time to stop and think about things.

Wow... Jack thought as Darius left.

Now, Jack was reflecting on the entire mission. The arrival, the capture, the torture, the cell, the escape, the battle, the bridge, now... It was all coming at him very fast.

Jack, now sitting on the ground with a blaster by his side, thought about his upcoming leave to search for the killer of his stepbrother. The memories no longer plagued his head, but he couldn't let them pass completely without avenging his friend.

And then, Jack thought about Darius's words... "Nazgul and Layren is all I've got." Jack was in a similar situation, although in the place of Layren was his wife Alexia and their unborn son.

His thoughts shifted to Alexia.

She had warned Jack that something like this would happen. Jack refused to believe it, however. But he made her a promise. He told her that he'd be coming home no matter what happened.

And he wasn't about to break that promise. Sure, his first obligation was to Nazgul Squadron and his squadmates, but it was a difficult situation. He was torn between his friends and his family. He had made a promise to each numerous times. But Jack didn't know what to do: Would he stay with Nazgul Squadron as a pilot, or leave the Navy and settle down to start a family back on Aurora Prime? He wasn't ready to make that choice now, but he knew that it would inevitably present itself to Jack in the near future.

What would be his choice?

Leaving that question unanswered for now, Jack picked up his blaster and stood up, standing with his fellow Nazgulians.

-----------------------

Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1205
December 27, 2005 11:09:01 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
Art checked over the self-destruct with Trevor.  Everything was back in order it seemed.

"Alright, don't prepare to re-arm it again.  If need be we can bluff with it but considering the damage we did to this in order to stop it, I don't want to gamble on a short circuit doing something we don't want."  Art instructed.  "Until the Atrus arrives, we need to keep this ship under control and the bridge secured."  Art instructed to everyone.

"Darius and Jack, you are team leaders, I want each of you to guard one of the two entrances to the bridge-"  Dimmias began.

"Dimmias, shut up and listen."  Art cut him off.  He saw a few raised eyebrows from the Nazgulians but he ignored them.  He was getting sick and tired of Dimmias and he wasn't going to stand for it any longer.  "Now get your ass over to the main door and take Jack with you.  Darius: you and Toki can cover the secondary entrance from here.  I want you to take turns covering while the other monitors the ship's scopes.  Let me know the second any vessel enters our area once we leave hyperspace.  Jen, you are in charge of communications: if the Atrus contacts us let me know asap.  Trevor, come with me and help me get this thing out of hyperspace."  Art barked.  He ran over to the hyperspace computer and began working with Trevor to find the best possible spot to bring this ship out of hyperspace.  They wanted to exit it long before it arrived at its current planned destination as they didn't know what would be waiting for them there.  Art was only using one arm now as his other one was still oozing blood through the long gash and the recoil of the gun against the damaged arm had made the muscles useless from over extertion to protect the cut.

The Nazguls quickly moved into their positions and prepared to hold the ship.  The only one who seemed reluctant was Dimmias who appeared to want to be in command himself.  Art stared down at Dimmias who was slightly shorter than Arturus.  "Is there something you wanted to say Dimmias?"  Art asked, his voice cold as ice.  Though usually a quiet and seemingly emotionless person, Arturus had a fiery temper and was extremely impatient: this was particularly true in regards to people he disliked and when he experienced failure.  Dimmias stared up at him, his hand shifting on his weapon ever so slightly.  "No?  Then get your ass in gear Dimmias, we don't have time for people to hang around and do nothing."  Art said methodically with a distinct edge in his voice.  He turned and walked towards where Trevor was.  "Ready to exit hyperspace?"  Art asked.

"Everything is in place, we will exit in open space away far enough away from any known bases according to this ship's computer."  Trevor responded.

"Excellent, carry on."  Art ordered.  He made his way to the ship's manueovering controls and prepared for the ship to exit hyperspace.  Since the Atrus was going to be on a direct path behind them, they were going to have to move out of the way to prevent a possible collision.  "Jen, get ready to contact the Atrus.  Once we exit hyperspace, I will read off the coordinates for you to relay to them."  Art instructed.  He was enjoying being in command of a ship again.  The art came back naturally to him it seemed.  He had always been an excellent tactician and was particularly skilled in manouvering in order to defeat and confuse enemies who outclassed him in firepower.  Seamanship was an ancient skill as was warfare itself.  Even though he did not remember much of his past, he could still recite lines word for word from some of the oldest strategy manuals that still survived tens of thousands of years later.  There may have been good strategists in the galaxy now but Arturus believed that the greatest of them all had long past and only those who mastered their ancient skills would succeed above the rest.  It may have been naive and indeed a rather vain approach as it furthered the image he had of himself as a tactician; something that was proven to be true when he ran his organization.  However, much of this stemmed out of a sheer love and passion for tactics which he was not able to experience often as a pilot despite his attempts to make dogfights a form of wargame played on a three-dimensional grid.

"Three, two, one, exiting!"  Trevor called from his seat at the hyperspace computer.  Art watched the ship's speed as it switched to sublight engines.  He immediately turned course ninety degrees and set the ship on an upward course in order to create as big a gap as possible from the exit vector.  Once the ship had turned onto its course, he passed a piece of paper up to Jen that had the coordinates of their exit vector.  Jen began to hail the Atrus and within minutes, they had confirmation that the ship was on its way.

"Excellent."  Art said to himself as he made his way to the command chair on the bridge.  He searched around for a first aid kit and finally found one.  "Ok, we have some medical gear here if anyone needs it."  Art called out.  He opened it and searched through its contents.  Failing to find anything large enough to cover even half of his wound, he flipped out a vibroblade he had stolen and cut the sleeve around his left forearm off.  Getting Trevor to help him, it was soon tied around his upper arm as a makeshift compress until they arrived back on ship.  Now all they had to do was wait.

-----------------------
FM/ESN Corran "Arturus" Hargraves/Nazgul 2/Phoenix Wing/M-SSD Atrus/VE/VEN/(=A=)(=SA=)(=*MA*=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[MC:1](x2)[SV][BRC][VC:B][LSM][LoC]

"The way of war is a way of deception. When able, feign inability; when deploying troops, appear not to be. When near, appear far; when far, appear near. Lure with bait; strike with chaos. If the enemy is full, be prepared. If strong, avoid him. If he is angry, disconcert him. If he is weak, stir him to pride. If he is relaxed, harry him; if his men are harmonious, split them. Attack where he is unprepared; appear where you are unexpected. This is victory in warfare; it cannot be divulged in advance. Victory belongs to the side that scores most in the temple calculations before battle. Most spells victory; least spells defeat; none, surer defeat. I see it in this way, and the outcome is apparent." -- Sun Tzu

"Ultimate excellence lies not in winning every battle but in defeating the enemy without ever fighting." -- Sun Tzu
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Initiate

Trevor Evenson

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  126
December 28, 2005 11:17:58 AM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
(OOC: Wow, this all gives me quite a bit to write....I might get half done right now and edit it later.)

Trevor had managed to find enough tools for the three people he was going to bring, but he hadn`t chosen who yet. He was going to bring Toki, so she could help fix her mistake, but decided against it. She didn`t look up to it at all, but had helped by gathering up a few comms.

"Yo! DJ!" Trevor hollered accross the room.

"What?"

"Heads up!" Trevor replied, tossing a pair of wire-cutters underhand to DJ. He then turned and pushed a pair into Jen`s hands, and told her to follow him and DJ.

They each grabbed a rifle and headed down a hallway, watching out for any panels that could hide one of the self-destruct wires. DJ spotted the first one, and helped Trevor kick off the outter panel. Trevor then started sorting through wires, and stopped when his hand fell upon a purple wire farther back.

"OK, this is the one you cut. But don`t cut it until we`re all ready, OK?" Trevor said as he carefully pulled the long wire out into the open, so DJ would have easier access to it.

"Yep." Was DJ`s only reply as he placed his open wire-cutters over the wire.

"Good, C`mon Jen, lets go find the next one." Trevor said as he stood up and started off down the hallway again. They had ran for about four minutes when they found the next wire-box. Jen pried the panel off and started searching for a purple wire.

"It`s this one, right?" She asked, holding a prurple wire in her hand.

"Nope. They change the colour of it at each panel for some stuipid reason. Here, lemme look." He said as he started sorting throuhg wires, emerging with a vivid yellow wire. "This is the one. Turn on your comm and check to make sure DJ has his on. I`ll begin a countdown when I`m ready, and we all cut on one."

With that, he was off again, alone this time. He rounded a few corners and came to a halt infront of a big set of blaster doors.

"Shit! I musta missed it somewh-" He paused, almost wanting to smack himself. "Oh..." He dropped down to his knees and lifted one of the panels in the floor. Underniether it was a bundle of wires. He searched throuhg them, and found a dull pink wire, and pulled it away from the others. He whipped out his comm and flicked it on with one hand, then called DJ and Jen.

"Alright, you guys ready to do this? We`ve only got one shot, and only got 35 seconds, so we better make it count." He said, sweat dripping down his forehead when he said how much time they had left. It was true, they had taken much longer to find the boxes then he thought they would. Time was slowly ticking away as he waited for replies, and the palms of his hands were starting to sweat.

What if they got caught? Or got shot by someone? What if... His thought was cut short as DJ`s 'OK' Came over the comm, followed instantly by Jen`s.

"Alright. Here we go...." He said, readying his cutters. "Three....Two....One!"

He closed his eyes tightly and cut the wire. He felt a bead of sweat roll down his cheek, but no pain. No exlposions. No searing heat. He opened one eye, then the other, and looked around.

"You two OK?" He asked over the comm, his voice shaking slightly.

"Mmhmm. I`m fine, I think." Jen replied, a slight waver in her voice also.

"Well, I`m not dead, so I must be fine." DJ`s reply came also.

"Good." Trevor laughed at DJ`s reply. "Lets get back to the bridge and see what we`ve got to do next."

*** Back at the bridge. ***

The three had returned to the bridge, and now were watching Darius go on his little 'rampage'. It wasn`t a very pretty sight to see. Charred bodys everywhere, the occasionalone twitching or trying to claw its way down the hallway. Kind of like something out of a horrow holo flick.

Trevor thought that that specific means of killing people, with fire, was a bit objectional, but didn`t say a word. All he did was give Darius a wierd look, mostly of confusion, as he walked by.

Darious spoke a little to everyone, before he turned and asked Trevor if he had stopped the self destruct. All Trevor did was nod slowly. He had a feeling that if he were to open his mouth, he would probably be sick, and right now that wasn`t something he wanted to do.

Art was the first to ask the question, and Trevor was sure that pretty much everyone wanted to know the exact same thing. Darius told them about Nazgul and Lyren being the only things he had, and it made Trevor think for a moment. He was in a similier situation. He had no family, other then Nazgul, and he hadn`t heard from his girlfriend in a long while.

He was snapped back to what was going on when Art started giving commands again, and telling Trevor to get them out of Hyperspace safely. Trevor found the terminal and started checking over the route, looking for a safe spot to leave hyperspace.

Wow! These guys are suicidal. They flew us so close to some of these stars..I swear there are probably singe marks on the sides of this thing. He thought to himself, as he ran his finger accross the screen, tracing their path. He finally found a spot that appeared to be a good distance away from everything, including all known bases around it, and it seemed like a safe place to leave hyperspace. He alerted Art that he had in fact found a spot, and began the countdown to exit.

"Three, Two, One..." He said alloud as he hit a few buttons quickly, and the ship slowed substantially.

-----------------------
FM/PO2/Trevor Evenson/Nazgul 3(1-3)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=*A*=)
[This message has been edited by Trevor Evenson (edited December 29, 2005 12:42:45 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Trevor Evenson (edited December 29, 2005 12:53:47 AM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2084
December 29, 2005 10:47:39 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Art wasn't avoiding Dimmias, rather he had changed his focus so well that thoughts of the rest of his crewman had near completely slipped his mind.  From one angle one might have thought Art was smiling with how much he seemed to enjoy steering the ship, but no one paid it much mind, their anxious dispositions pointing thier thoughts to otherwise trivial matters.  I wonder if asking for some java upon my return will be too much to ask...  Will they be serving dinner?  I'm starving...  But then maybe that was just another defense mechanism designed to keep people from disignating themselves as 'the doomed' and rather 'the hopeful...'  In times of great duress, oen must be able to hope.  These pilots knew it well.

"So...  Comfirm if I've got this down..." Dj said patiently to Jaden.  "If I were to eat damess pop crocks and then drink some sun soda my head would explode?"  The man nodded curtly as he sat staring out the main viewport and then he jumped up...

"Any news on the Atrus, Jen?" Arturus asked in his commander voice just as it flew into the lower right hand corner.

"Now, I certainly hope that's our ship or the badguys just called in some kickass back-up..." Jaden shouted up to Art to looked about frantically and found the ship, shaking his fist in triumph.

"Alright, we need to move people...  We need to secure that hanger bay.  Trevor!" The young man turned from twidling his thumbs and stared blankly up at the leiutenant. 

"Any damage we could do in the hanger bay without going into it?"  Art probably knew the answer before it was givin to him but Trevor replied all the same...

"Suppose we could check out what type of defenses they have already installed into the hanger bay...  Probably some turrets, but I dunno if we can really control those.  They like to go all over the place...  Although, we could turn off the life-support..."

"Do it." Art said with an edge of sinister cold he held in his heart only for low-lifes and criminals of the most heinous degree. 

The rest of the crew seemed to recognize the severity of such a mass killing but they also understood it was now or in the hallways when they could shoot back.  "Make sure the doors are locked..."

(Alright...  Hrm.  Heartless murder at the hands of our own command crew.  Anyone care or want to stop it?)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1207
December 29, 2005 11:03:20 AM    View the profile of Arturus 
(OOC: If anyone does, just so you know in advance, my character will be furious.  This doesn't mean you shouldn't speak up; I just to ensure my character is portrayed accurately)

-----------------------

Trevor Evenson
ComNet Initiate

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  132
December 29, 2005 1:52:45 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Trevor started the seemingly long walk to the security controls. He didn`t really want to do this, but he knew it was do it now and safely, or have to fight it out later with possible loss of Nazgulian life. He was half way there when Tokijin got in front of him.

"You can`t do this. It isn`t right. There must be some other way." She pleaded, pushing him back a few steps. "I don`t feel right doing it like that."

"I don`t like it either alright? I`d rather do it some other way, but you know just as well as I do that this is the safest way for us. I`d rather do it this way than risk one of us getting shot in a hallway." He said, pushing her hands off his shoulders and stepping around her. As he passed right by here, he whispered 'Sorry', hardly audible, then sat down in the seat of the terminal. He locked the doors to the bridge, and then sealed off all the other rooms.

He could see the pirates from the security screens mounted on the terminal, and cringed as some of them tried to force the doors back open, while others didn`t seem to know what was going on. He even saw one man shoot himself, apperently he had figured out what was going on and thought that his way would be faster and less painful.

A few squadmates had gathered around the terminal, some watching through their fingers, others stareing hard at the screens, the way children watch horror movies even though they don`t want to. He typed in a few commands, then made sure that the bridge would be the only area that remained on life support.

He typed in one more command and then pressed a small red button next to the keyboard, and looked to the screen. Lights were flashing in every room, and people were scrambling around, trying to get out. Suddendly, people started reaching for their throats, or simply fainted, while others started bleeding out of various places on their bodys. Trevor looked away, and stood up, walking away from the control panel.

"There.." He said, disgusted, "I did it. I`m..I`m going to go over here and think about what I just done ok?" With that he went over and rested his back against the wall, then slid down and sat on the floor, his head in his hands, trying to straighten out his thoughts.

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Trevor Evenson (edited December 29, 2005 1:55:41 PM)]
Tokijin
ComNet Novice

Tokijin

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  39
December 29, 2005 2:32:19 PM    View the profile of Tokijin 
"We could turn off the life-support..." His words echoed in Tokijin's ears. Killing all those people...She wanted to live but taking so many people's lives...

She saw Trevor walking to the security control and ran after him and blocked his path.

"You can`t do this. It isn`t right. There must be some other way." She pleaded, pushing him back a few steps. "I don`t feel right doing it like that." She thought of all the lives they would be taking.

"I don`t like it either alright? I`d rather do it some other way, but you know just as well as I do that this is the safest way for us. I`d rather do it this way than risk one of us getting shot in a hallway." He removed her hands from his shoulders and she stared at the ground in defeat. She knew he was right. She would rather keep the people she thought as her family safe than let the ones who tried to kill her happiness go.

"Sorry." It was as quiet as a soft wind but she heard him apologize. She shook her head. "No." She didn't watch the screen as other people had but sat down in a chair and stared at the celling, taking in deep breaths of air, glad to be offered what so many had been denied.

"There." Trevor's voice rang throughout the room. So it's done. She shuddered and stood up, pitying Trevor for what he had to do. But she left him alone, figuring that's all he wanted at the moment.

Art backed away from the screen and stood up straight, not disturbed by what he witnessed. It was time to get off this blasted thing.

-----------------------
Nazgul Squadron

~ Tokijin ~
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Initiate

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  133
December 29, 2005 3:23:56 PM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
It was to protect everyone else in this room. Art wouldn`t have had you do it if it wasn`t for the best of the group. He thought to himself. He really was distressed about what he had just done, and was trying to convince himself it was the right thing to do. People had now started to leave from around the screens, and go and sit down somewhere. No one came over to him, but frankly, at the moment he didn`t care.

He slowly stood up and returned to the panel, and smashed one of the screens with his rifle, then restored life support to the ship. He unlocked all the doors, and turned off the monitors. Art approached him, and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Good work officer." Art said, not sounding like he ment it, but that didn`t matter to Trevor.

"Good work? Good work?! That wasn`t 'good'! That was a slaughter! Its not right doing something like that! It isn`t right, not giving them a chance to fight back!" Trevor yelled, letting it all out. He jumped out of the chair and turned to face Art head on. "You don`t have the blood of all those people on your hands You just gave the order!"

Art appeared to be quite shocked. Normally people didn`t talk back to him, especially like that. Trevor sat down back in the chair with his head in his hands, trying to hide the tears that were quietly rolling down his face.

"I have no problem with killing people Art, its something I`m used to. But Whenever I do it, they have an equal chance. They can fight back, and they have just a big of chance at winning as I do." Trevor said, more calmly this time, knowing he might have gotten himself in trouble for his outburst. He had managed to keep his voice steady, and wiped the tears off his face with one hand. "This was just plain wrong."

Art was speachless, just like the rest of them. Warren, slightly unsure of what would happen if he spoke to either man, slowly approached Trevor and began to speak.

"Its alright bud. You were just following orders. You did as you were told, and you did good. We`ve all got to do something we don`t want to for the better of others. You saved our lives by taking their`s." He said, thinking carefully before each sentance. "You going to be alright now?"

"Yeah." Trevor said, wiping his nose. "I`m done. Whats next, Oh Fearless Leader." He finished, looking up at Art with a cocky grin on his face.

-----------------------
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2085
January 1, 2006 12:35:30 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
The heat spiked within Art as Trevor ended his ranting.  What was he doing?  He couldn't just trust my judgment?  How dare he...

Trevor looked up into Art's darkened face as if the phycotropic episode had never occured.  "I'm done. Whats next, oh fearless leader?."  Arturus Hargraves hesitated ever so slightly for the first time in a very long time, unsure of whether or not renouncing the word of one of his pilots would inhibit his ability to get off the ship safely and efficiently... 

"We're not done here." He fell upon his choice in the stone cold fashion he tried to avoid.  Trevor was almost to his full heighth when Art turned his weary eyes upon the pilots of Nazgul.  Darius didn't look too surprised, but instead watched curiouslly from the corner with Jaden and Dj while Jack and Jen sat on the edge of total uncertainty.  Tokijin had stood behind Trevor up until this point and seemed to sense she needed to be elsewhere.  She quietly strode to Jen's side as Art said-"Keep those doors locked for atleast another two minutes.  Lets see what we can do about the hallways..." 

Warren had still been at Trevor's side and gave him a quick pat on the back before marching off behind Art.  The ensign didn't look at anyone except Trevor.  The pilot looked so confused that Art had a hard time understanding the order himself, but then the burning eyes peeled away from eachother and Trevor began to work furiously; the rest of the team continued to watch. 

"Can we do something of similar quality to the rest of the ship?" Trevor stopped typing...  I could lie...  But he would know...

The quiet consumed the room, some dull clangor resumed its steady and proud procession as Darius answered for his freind.

"Only in sections...  It depends on what you want to turn off...  Some rooms feed off of others."  Art still did not turn away from Trevor, burning fine holes into the back of his head.

"Very well- we need to clean a route to the hanger bay...  Can it be done?"

"Yes." Jack answered this time.

"Do it."  Art's head drifted to the left just slightly as the fingers tap danced on the colorless keyboard indignantly.  Trevor's commands quit for only a moment as he pulled up a map on the holo-display about a foot from him and then he continued until he'd locked every individual door along the quickest route to hanger bay.  The Atrus hung quietly in the background, watching with childlike amusement as the events continued to unfold. 

"You'll need to wait about four minutes until you've killed them all..." Trevor hissed back at Art and pushed the red command key alongside the keyboad, deactivating the life-support system in the hallways.  The monitors flashed to the hallways and pirates began to drop as they had before hand, more frantic than ever. 

"If you have a problem, address it pilot.  In the meantime, I am your commanding officer..." Art spoke in quick, precise words, bearing down on Trevor, ready to step forward at any moment to do what he must...  Jen was suddenly in the middle of the circular command post.  Something about her posture and stern face ended their fight immedietly.

"Enough..."  She dismissed the unsatisfactory look on Art's face and said," As XO of Nazgul Squadron, I am the commanding officer of this opporation.  Do not confuse your positions people."  Art was generally stunned that Jen had impeded on his test and did not say anything now...  Jen was the XO for a reason.  An understanding one at that... 

"Our backup has arrived.  We'll laucnh from the hanger bay without any further endeavors.  If you could lock the doors of each individual room..." Jen announced when Jaden interupted.

"The bridge can't just lock every door..."  Trevor nodded and began typing away.

Dj chimed in... "Think of it as a puzzle.  Certain peices go togther and others don't.  You lock a certain combination and get the same outcome...

"Fine.  Get it done though.  The faster the Atrus is takes control of this ship...  The better..."

(Thas what I got for now.  Does that coincide with everyone?)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited January 1, 2006 12:38:44 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited January 1, 2006 10:28:39 AM)]
Jack Nebulax
ComNet Disciple

Jack Nebulax

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Reporter

Post Number:  2915
January 1, 2006 9:16:16 AM    View the profile of Jack Nebulax 
After listening to Jen, Jack realized why he had been removed as Executive Officer of Nazgul Squadron.

I never took charge... Jack thought, thinking back to his discussion with Shazam on the Executive Officer position. This had been something Jack hadn't thought about for a long time.

Jack, now standing beside Arturus, looked over at his friend. He still had a slight look of shock on his face, due to Jen taking charge, but Jack knew he understood why.

Jack slowly looked at everyone in the group, starting with Jen and ending with Art. They were either doing something important, like Trevor was, or standing there listening, like Art and Jack were. He had been with Nazgul for a long time now, and every so often, new faces would come and eventually go. But nonetheless, the core of the squadron remained the same.

Like a close friend's motto, they would "always remain one, no matter what". And that was the truth. At this moment, Jack looked back on all the previous missions. Sure, friends had died, but for some reason, the core of Nazgul always emerged intact. No matter what the outcome of the battle, Nazgul returned to live and fight another day in the name of the Vast Empire.

And here they were, on the bridge of a cruiser that had been commandeered by pirates. The odds had been against them. They had been tortured and weakened, but they still emerged stronger than ever.

"Okay, Nazgul," Jen said, breaking the silence, "get ready to head for the hangar bay. We'll let the Atrus take control of the ship now."

(Okay, just needed to get a post in...)

-----------------------

Warrant Officer 2nd Class Jack Nebulax, Nazgul Squadron, Imperial Navy, Vast Empire.
FL/WO2 Jack Nebulax/Nazgul 9 (3-1)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=*SA*=) [SV] [VC:G]
Trevor Evenson
ComNet Initiate

Trevor Evenson

Post Number:  138
January 1, 2006 12:29:42 AM    View the profile of Trevor Evenson 
Different combination, same outcome...What does he mean? Trevor thought as he typed away at the terminal, and occasionaly checked the holo-map of the corvette`s interior pathways. Then Trevor mentally snapped his fingers. I can`t lock every door, but maybe I can make a pathway far enough from any living pirates to get us to the hanger safely.

He started looking for a route, and with help of the security monitors, Could decided which rooms to lock and which to leave open, either as a passage for them, or because they wouldn`t have to worry about anything. He had stopped the life-support cut-off, so some pirates were still alive. He had marked out a seemingly simple pathway, when he came to a section of hallway that couldn`t be bypassed, but still had pirates alive in it. Life support couldn`t be removed from the hallway, as its air supply was the same as the bridges. To cut them off would mean he cut Nazgul off as well.

"Alright Jen." Trevor called, waving her over. She stood behind him, eyes on the monitor. "This is the path we can take. We won`t have to worry about a fight until we get here." He paused, pointing to the area. "There are still some pirates there."

"What about life support?" She asked.

"Considered it already. I`ve found that this section of hallway here, including the area they are in, is tied in with the bridge`s air supply. If I were to cut them off, I`d be doing the same to us." He paused again, glancing up at her, then got back to his explanation. "It shouldn`t be a hard fight...There are eight of them, so it should be pretty evenly matched, and as we`ve proved before, we`re better."

He let a small grin show on his face. He still felt guilty about killing off all the other pirates, but O well. Warren had talked some sense into him and his actions, and he was ready to finish this up and get back to the Atrus.

"Alright, Good work Trevor. Lets get moving people!" Jen called out to the rest of the group.

"Oh, shit..Jen, I forgot." Trevor said, grabbing her by the back of her shirt. "I have the door locks set to timers. Once I start the timer, we have 3 minutes to reach the first door and get everyone through it. Once it closes and re-locks, We have 2 minutes to get to the next door. From there on, its two minutes per door, except this last door. It will stay unlocked indifinatly, meaning we can take our time fighting these pirates here, and while they can call for back up, by the time they make it through this maze, they won`t make it."

Jen nodded her head, the went off to make sure everyone was ready. Trevor sat at the terminal for another moment, trying to memorize the pattern, then stood up and went to join the rest. He was about 15 feet away from the group and Jen`s explanation of the plan, and he saw Art was standing a bit out of the group, still looking put down from Jen`s taking of control.

"Hey, Art..I`m sorry. I shouldn`t have yelled like that. You must have made the right choice eh? I mean, I think it must be pretty easy, just getting to make the orders and not having to do the dirty work yourself, but..I shouldn`t think like that. It was a hard decsion to make, probably as hard as it was of a command to follow through with." Trevor apologised, then waited for Art`s response. He didn`t excpect anything like 'Thats alright buddy.'. No, he almosted excpected to get yelled at himself now.

Art just stood there, stareing him down, and it intimidated Trevor. He put his hands up in the air as if to say 'fine, I get it, I`m going', and walked away.

-----------------------
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2091
January 1, 2006 3:30:11 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
The door opened slowly but Nazgul Squadron had plenty of time to take aim and open fire on the unsespecting pirates laying against the walls or wandering aimlessly about the hallways.  Since their captain had disappeared through the door in the bridge, no orders had been given out.  The man was more of a creature than a crusader, fighting because he can rather than feeling it to be his duty.  Cold, bloody murder meant nothing to such a man, and you always fear what you can't control or undetstand.  These men were his puppets. 

Jack, Jen, Dj and Art sat on the left side of door with thier weapon's flashing crimson savagely while Darius sat back a ways, aiming carefully through the contrasted riot of color.  Jaden did not aim, but aiming his weapon around the corner and shooting sporatically into the dreary grey world was enough.  Trevor sat beside Warren Dimmias, a strange trust pushing or tugging at whatever time it felt necessary to do so.  Warren held his hand up, ceasing every muscle in Trevor's body like he'd been cut off from the air he now thought was taken for granted.  Neither of them moved while the lieutenant's face brightened and then grew dark as the last bolt absorbed itself in the crusty and unkept corridor.  The man was out from his croutched position behind the door, waving for Tokijin and Trevor to follow.  Tokijin wanted to jump into the fight earlier but the crossfire put her in place instantly, taking a safe position behind Trevor and Warren.

Darius leapt up from his position and ran past Jaden's steady weapon.  The corridor went for about fifteen feet before making a ninety degree turn to the left and then another to the right, making for an interesting disection of the enemy forces.  Jaden held his blaster in such a confidant way that the rest of nazgul squadron felt no hesitation in moving forward to cover thier slightly less subtle pilot.  Darius reached the edge of the hallway with Warren's group only a few feet behind him when Dimmias made a sort of hooting sound.  Darius froze.

"Don't move..." he said quietly enough that those behind him could not hear but close enough to Darius that a plan developed between them.  Dimmias ran past Darius at full speed and dropped to the floor as he met the wall.  Out of the corner of his eye, a corridor was cut off by a heavy door illuminated by the sepulcral light from the open doorway.  Two figures, one sitting and the other standing, held powerful rifles, both flying to take aim at Dimmias's beligerant form.  As the silver rifles rotated ever so slightly around the gunman's feet, Darius dropped from behind the corner he'd stopped at.  He aimed carefully and shot the fellow on the ground directly in the face, the gun being perfectly level.  The rifleman who had begun turning to obliterate Warren, dropped left to try and get some cover from his own ninety degree corner.  Darius was already shooting when the body surged to the left, each of the three bolts making their homes in his chest.  To those watching and listening to the event, it probably sounded like four non-stop, out of control shots from an amateur pilot.  But the scene was in slow-mo for everyone, only being brought back to real-time speed when Warren rolled onto his back and sat up, shook his head and stood for the next corner. 

Darius grinned slightly as Warren no longer gave caveats to his fellow members as to what he was doing.  The lieutenant stood at his corner with his ear less than an inch from exposure.  He stood back suddenly and lifted his right leg in absolute silence.  A blonde head came from around the corner, the body it was attached to had a pistol in his right hand as he crawled with total terror in his eyes.  Warren's leg came down swiftly and the man was out.  Dimmias took a knee and dragged the man around the corner, careful not to let any of his body come around that corner and give an open shot to those nearby.  He was taking his sweat time right now, not because it was his style, but because time was on their side.  The enemy had lost thier grip on him and he was now free to dismiss them in whatever way he chose. 

The unconcious look of young pirate seemed to be a happy one, the dreamless sleep better than the anxiety he'd been experiencing as he crawled about like a toddler.  Warren took the pistol and checked the ammo to find it totally unused.  Wouldn't have shot me if he had the chance... 

Warren's group tip-toed to his position for further orders when Jen arrived with her group.  Jaden had taken up a position facing Warren's corner almost head on, his weapon as steady as ever.  Then again, most of his limbs weren't human anymore now where they?  More machine than man, Jaden could now lift heavier weights as well as hold a single position for as long as he wanted.  No wonder he was so confident with a weapon these days...

Warren turned his ear's away from the corner and looked at Trevor as if he'd always been his second in command.  "What's this next hallway look like?"

Trevor begged his brain to recall what he'd just crammed on when the picture registered in hs mind as if he'd been there every moment of his life.  "It leads almost half the way to the hanger bay.  I didn't see the actual width or heighth, but considering it's a main hallway...  I'm betting it's pretty damned wide.  Height will very..."  Trevor sighed as if he'd failed a little with the uncertain measurements but Warren nodded as if it was exactly what he was looking for. 

"You and Toki stay at this corner..." He turned to Darius and Jen's group.  "Dar, you cut across with me- the rest of you take positions whever you can..."  No on argued although Art might have had he more time to think out the plan.  Darius stood at his corner and ran across the hallway with Warren a second behind him, both being met with a volley of blaster fire that was completely off and badly timed.  Trevor, Tokijin, and Jaden took position and began firing around the corner to find the corridor long and pretty well lit.  That would change as the bolts met every surface they could find, shorting out various hidden lamps along the walls and as well as the main ones on the walkway and ceiling.  Darius wasted no time and grabbing the rifle with sharpshooting capabilities, taking careful aim at the men hiding behind supparts along the wall.  The supports were about a foot and a half in diameter and potruded from the wall at about the same distance, giving pretty effective cover if you were trying to shoot from Darius's corner.  However, if you were at the opposite corner, it was a pretty wide open shot, obviously.  A few men pounded at the locked doors before they collapsed from an overwhelming wall of blaster fire that was backed up incesintly by Jen's group.  Every member of Nazgul squadron was pretty well armed at this point and it was really just a matter of taking out the enemy in correct time frames now.  These men would be prosecuted to the furthest extent of imperial law and that meant execution anyways...  To say the least, there was a little bitterness with these pirates considering they might have taken out Shazam and were probably going to torture them into submission...

Trevor held up two fingers when Warren glanced at him, slapping the top of his wrist for time.  "Take your time Darius..." He said and continued shooting as the group steadilly moved forward...

(Thar ya go.  :>  I think we'll permit some further problems for us...  Myes.  Les get this finished up though.  Anyone got the count, btw?)

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited January 1, 2006 3:36:26 PM)]
Arturus
ComNet Veteran

Arturus

[VE-NAVY] Ensign

Post Number:  1209
January 1, 2006 10:47:27 PM    View the profile of Arturus 
***Before leaving the hanger***

Art was furious and was caught slightly off-guard by Jen's assertion of authority.  He shouldn't have been surprised that she took charge, it was her position after all.  Still, the entire affair was infuriating.  Between Trevor's moralism, Dimmias' frustratingly excellent people skills, something that Art seemed to have lost during the mission, and Jen's commands in response to Art's actions, he felt as though there had been a certain lost of respect and belief in him.  It wasn't that he was a blood thirsty tyrant or enjoyed what they had done, but he couldn't understand why some were so disgusted and disturbed by the whole affair.  It was certainly not an honourable way to kill the enemy; however, even Art, who strong believed in honour and class, recognized that when the enemy was playing dirty as he had, they would not receieve honour or mercy in return and sometimes the scum of the galaxy were not entitled to an honourable death in combat.

There was something gruesome about rationalizing actions in such a manner but Art had gotten use to life not making sense.  Even his firmest beliefs and values could be challenged and when they were, he had to act decisively and in the most efficient way possible in order to ensure the survival of his team.  My team...  Art thought to himself.  He realized that he had instantly assumed that the squadron was his in the absence of Shazam.  Perhaps it was because he had always held authority in it, despite his resignation as XO.  One of the most compelling reasons most likely had to do with the presence of Dimmias.  The last thing he would have accepted was Dimmias taking any form of command.  A duel to the death would be too good for the man and yet, it might be the most fitting way to be rid of him Art thought to himself in a moment of sick humour.  He hated Dimmias and would have loved the chance to fight him to the death.  Art owned a pair of swords and was still quite skilled with them even though he hadn't used them since...  since when?.  He wasn't sure exactly.  It was something he'd have to work on again when he got back.

There was one line that was bugging him as Trevor and Jen worked on a plan to get them to the hanger as safely as possible.  "I mean, I think it must be pretty easy, just getting to make the orders and not having to do the dirty work yourself, but..I shouldn`t think like that."  What did that mean?  It was certainly more of an insult than an apology.  Trevor was making a point in his apology.  Art had killed in many ways before; but it was only out of necessity or so he thought.  His interrogator had rattled him as well with comments about atrocities.  Between the two of them, both men had managed to rattle Art and make him question his whole nature and past once again.  It didn't make it any easier; it simply created new questions and roadblocks in his mind while at the same time driving a starving curiosity that would never seemingly be fulfilled.  I just wish there was a magical answer.  Life contains no such wonders but if I were ever to have an epifany on the meaning or nature of my life and character, please let it be sooner rather than later.  Art thought to himself.

There was a part of Art that no one knew and it was something he built upon in secret whenever he could.  Failing in his quest to understand himself and his past, Art had taken to the arts and beliefs of ancient religions to find meaning and understanding in his life.  He had hoped that reflection, incantation, and a new understanding of life and the universe would at least bring him peace and hopefully a realization of who he was.  To date it never had; he was sure it was partly because he rarely had a chance to practice his beliefs.  Art doubted any religious figures of this sort existed anymore; he had found the information through the ancient texts on war and had studied it when he could in his spare time.  He didn't know the empire's stance on such things but he was sure that it would not approve.  He hadn't even told Taylsha; the necklace he wore at all times held a medallion on it of religious significance and he had explained it as a novelty purchase from one of his missions.  He reached down with his right arm and pressed it against the medallion that hung under his shirt.  It was only a token, a mere symbol, but it gave him comfort at times.

Art had found the medallion in an old temple.  It was a fascinating structure, despite its decriped condition.  The building was half buried; a landslide had nearly made it vanish.  As it stood, most people on the planet where he had found it and never even known it was there.  He had discovered it by chance while exploring the jungle.  He remember now; he used to love nature and being amongst it.  There was something magical about the natural environment; it was as if souls inhabited all of the animals and vegetation.  It gave a certain natural bond.  He was fascinated by the fact that in the very beginnings of human kind, there was a common theme amongst many civilizations that nature had spirits.  Trees, animals, rocks, all contained the spirits of the earth.  Some believed that these reincarnated over time depending on a certain moral code; others believed that those who had died influenced their lives and brought good times and calamity based upon the maintainence of the traditional ways of life.

This was to be expected considering the origins of man and the way man had lived long long ago.  It amazed him that people built structures such as the temple he had entered with nothing but hand tools and a passion for honouring what they believed in.  People didn't do that sort of thing any more.  Perhaps it was being vainly philosophical in a time of carnage and death, but Art felt there had to be something more to everything that what lifeforms were experiencing.  There was something peaceful and relaxing about antiquity.  He wasn't naive enough to believe that war did not exist; it had.  The universe had its problems then as it did now.  Still, there was something different about it.  Call it nostalgia for an experience never had or romanticism about some past experience, but it gave Art something to think about.  That past would never come again but that didn't mean that he couldn't understand it as much as possible.

"Alright we're ready."  Jen announced in a commanding voice that jolted out of his thoughts.  He been standing there, his mind out in space for several minutes now.  A couple members of the squadron gave him a strange look for a second but then moved on to other things.  Art loaded a new cartridge into his weapon and prepared to finally get off of this cursed ship.

-----------------------

[This message has been edited by Arturus (edited January 1, 2006 10:51:11 PM)]
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Nazgul: Interchangeable Unknown  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 6:48:14 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 91  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >