Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Recon Training (Iron Horse)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Recon Training (Iron Horse)
Exar Comran
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  36
Total Posts:  56
  RE: Recon Training (Iron Horse)
August 1, 2005 3:39:46 AM    View the profile of Exar Comran 
Exar was thinking about home, and about the Rebels. The day he joined the academy he heard that the Rebels were again on the run for a Stormtrooper patrol. But this time, they were more dangerous. They invaded his house, and took his parents hostage. When the Stormtroopers entered his house, his parents were trapped in the crossfire, his mother was hit. Enraged, his father leaped at the Rebels, but was shot down like a dog.

After remembering this, he became even more angry towards the Rebels. The next time they would encounter one, he might not be able to control him. His hands were becoming fists, and he was trembling, he had so much hate for the Rebels.

Angel was observing the area with extreme precision. using his lighted binoculars. There's not an inch of pitch black darkness that he didn't search for those scoundrel Rebels. And then he turned his back and even without his binoculars he could see Exar's hands trembling. He was getting a little bit worried about him. He had to keep on eye out on him. And then a bump made him look around in the water. And then he saw something that disgusted him. It seemed that one of the body's was stuck behind something on the boat.

"Exar, make sure that body doesn't follow us anymore will you?''

With a little grin Exar grabbed his knife and cut the body loose. It took a while for Exar to keep his eyes of the body, which now was floating on it's own, until it was out of sight.

Exar thought to himself, "I hope that I never end up like him."
Jinx
ComNet n00b

Jinx

Post Number:  21
Total Posts:  173
August 3, 2005 10:18:11 AM    View the profile of Jinx 
The shadows hid the three troopers as they quickly and silently made their way to the location the droid had indicated.  As Jinx neared the corner of a wall missing most of it's top half, he stopped and gave a signal for the others to do the same.  Virius and Eviscares took a knee next to Jinx,"Two voices from the next building up and I heard footsteps just on the other side of this building.  Looks like this wall is the only bad part of the building" Jinx said to them.

"Ok, let's take a look around the corner, if he's there take him out quickly, then we'll take care of the other two." whispered Eviscares.  Both Virius and Jinx nodded in acknowledgment.  Jinx strapped his blaster rifle on his back and removed his silenced pistol.  He quickly glanced around the corner and withdrew his head.  "He's there" Jinx whispered.  "He's yours then" Virius whispered in response.

Jinx took another quick glance around the corner and saw that the rebal was leaning against the wall.  He then rounded the corner of the building and silently took a few steps.  Seeing no response from the rebel soldier he took another few steps and fired two rounds into the soldier's helmet.  The rebel stayed against the wall for a few more seconds, giving Jinx just enough time to grab the soldiers hand and ease the body to the ground.

As Jinx neared the corner he saw two black armored troopers making their way toward the next building.  He joined them as they stopped near the edge of the wall.  With a "good job" nod from Eviscares and Virius, all three troopers rounded the corner and and fired several rounds each into the rebel soldiers.

Angel, HK, and Exar had just rounded the building's right corner as Eviscare's team finished hiding the dead soldier's bodies.

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Jinx/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Exar Comran
ComNet Novice

Exar Comran

Post Number:  48
Total Posts:  56
August 4, 2005 2:33:22 AM    View the profile of Exar Comran 
But they were up against just one Rebel, when Eviscares's team vanished out of sight, and Angel,    HK and Exar rounded the corner. They saw a whole Rebel patrol of more than 6 Rebels heading their way.

Angel tried to radio Eviscares for help, but not a single word emerged from his commlink, just a lot of static. "Damn! Now we'l  be delayed and miss that bloody train and  we could be seen while we're at it here too!"

Angel wasn't too happy, and although HK and Exar didn't see his expressions through his pitch black armor helmet, they felt exactly like him, or  at least Exar. He didn't know if HK could feel.

Angel signalled HK and Exar to find cover in the darkness. They had to move quickly or else the  patrol would see them. Exar, already crouched to a space, being very careful not to step on any glass that other patrols seemed to have left behind. But when he was at his cosy little space of darkness, he felt something hard, some sort of big metal plate. He touched around and felt that this plate had hinges. He lifted up the (what seemed to be) hatch and looked inside, it was also pitch black.

Hoping that they still would have some time, he was throwing all signs he knew at Angel and HK to follow him. Then Exar carefully let himself fall in the darkness, without making a noise. While his heart was still beating, he got his lighted binoculars out, and looked around. It looked like some sort of abandoned base. But by who was it used?

He started looking around, and when he heard a little sound he turned around and raised his silenced pistol, only to be discovering that it was Angel, and shortly after that HK soundless entered the room too. He slowly closed the hatch.

"Good job Exar, at least we now have one risk eliminated, that being that we were under the mercy of the shadows outside. What kind of base do you think it is? It couldn't possibly be Imperial, we don't have a troops stationed here, I think. That either leaves civillian or Rebel. And since I can't hear the Rebels outside trying to get in, I'l just go for civillian."

But right after the words ''I think'', Exarr stopped listening and looked at a table full of equipment, which most looked like it wasn't used for years. And then HK found something disturbing. Before HK stood a large locker, HK opened the locker and Exar coudln't just help but staring at those white armor uniforms.

Angel was also looking with an open mouth, but quickly shut it. He began to think:"When did we have infiltrators or a squad up here? I can't remember that we used a squad to infiltrate here?! 
[This message has been edited by Exar Comran (edited August 5, 2005 12:34:56 AM)]
Angel
ComNet Expert

Angel

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1939
Total Posts:  3342
August 4, 2005 3:50:23 PM    View the profile of Angel 
[OOC: Exar, talk to me about your post. We are in the middle of a very urbanized city. There are no grassfields. Refer to the map on the very first page for clarification.

Also, just a reminder. We're a recon squad. We aren't here to engage these patrols, just scout them out and report back to the Wraiths. You are to engage them only if you are spotted. /OOC:]

Eviscare's team met back up with Angel's shortly after they finished their small skirmish. Silently, the black clad troopers slipped into the dark side streets. A loud explosion sounded, and a brilliant orange glow lit up the skyline. Apparent;y the rest of the VE forces weren't waiting to continue their assault.  Angel pulled the team into the darkest part of the alley until the glow disspated, lest they be spotted creeping through the streets.

Waving Virius and Eviscares to him, he pointed at the map on the datapad in his hands. "The way I figure it, we're here." He said, pointnig to a small street just across the North side of the smaller river. "Which means we're about 5 city blocks away from the police station."

"But we don't know what's on that train.." Virius whispered harshly. "It would be stupid to go to the station onl to find our objective isn't there..."

"I know." Angel replied, "This is what we're going to do. Evis, you take HK and the new kid Exar with you. Scout the train as quietly as possible. Report your findings back to me."

Another loud explosion resounded through the streets, causing some loose bricks to fall free from the surrounding buildings. Angel silently cursed the bombardment. Republic  patrols would be on high alert, and the police station was right on the major thoroughfare of the entire city...

"No problem." Eviscares replied. The once green trooper had matured into a solid soldier, filling his role as Fire Team Captain perfectly. "What will you be doing?"

"I'll take Virius and Jinx and haed for the station. We'll complete our mission there. If our objective is not on the train, I'll get in touch with Kami and suggest using it for our evac route. Now lets get a move on. We've stalled here too long."

The two junior troopers nodded in agreement. Eviscares slipped over to Exar and HK, filling them in on the situation. Then all three dashed across the street under the momentary cover of darkness, then were lost from sight.

Gathering his own trio, Angel nodded his head towards their destination, then began his approach.

-----------------------
=[Arrogant Elitist]=
AS-2/ASL/SSG Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Iron Horse Squad/WildCard/Phoenix/Dragon/ Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/Vast Empire [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [WM] [GRoM] {BoA}
------------------------
The Angel of Death
CM/DJK Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Eagle 1-1/Sith/Dark Jedi/Vast Empire/Lopen [VP:1]
------------------------
I'm the sheep that was lost, madre.
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  617
Total Posts:  1884
August 5, 2005 2:20:47 AM    View the profile of Kami 
Gavyn and Kami were hanging over a decent sized abyss on smaller sewerage pipes when the bombardment hit directly above them. Where there had been silence before, broken every few seconds by the steady dripping of water, there was now a deep rumbling groan that seemed to echo up from the dark pit beneath them. Kami opened her mouth to scream a warning to Gavyn, but suddenly found herself overcome by a rush of noise and light.

Above them...the roof was collapsing.

The groan abruptly shifted into a loud screeching, followed by the loud cracking of cement as the first chunk of the roof fell away in a large slab, catapulting down towards the Horsey's position. Breaking through the first series of pipes as though they were little more than toothpicks, it rebounded off the side of the sewerage tunnel wall, causing smaller fragments of cement to break away in its wake.

"Get out of the way!" Kami shrieked, desperately throwing herself from the pipe she was hanging onto towards the relative safety of one of the larger tunnels to the side of the pit.
Momentarily airborne, she hit the side of the pipe with enough force to send the breath streaming from her lungs, before scrabbling desperately for a handhold. Finally, she managed to grip onto a small section of upraised pipe and pull herself out of harm's way. Rolling onto her back, Kami tensed as she was hit by a horrible rush of air, the slab cutting through the position where she had just been hanging.

"Gavyn!"

Kami's voice was drowned out as another explosion hit above her, causing more and more of the roof to collapse in on itself and go flying past. Screams sounded, followed by the high pitched whine of anti-air guns starting up. Tilting her helmeted head upwards, Kami could now clearly see the night sky, eerily light by the orange flicker of flames.

Unable to see through the massive plume of dust and smoke before her, even with her helmet's filters, Kami leaned out of the pipe, desperately hoping that whoever was assaulting the grid above her would allow enough of a reprieve between assaults to allow her to get to safety and find Gavyn. Swinging her rifle around on her back, she reached up and tested the first shattered pipe, which had wedged itself against a mass of others to create a reasonably secure platform. Pulling herself free from the pipe and over the pit again, Kami began to climb.

After a few minutes, she reached the surface, hooking both hands on the crumbling edge of concrete and pulling herself free of the sewerage system and into plain view of the street. Coming up in a crouch, Kami swung her rifle back into her hands, silently taking in the devastated view about her. She was sitting in the middle of what looked to be the remains of a patrol. To her right lay the blackened hulk of a Republic tank, its barrel tilted towards the sky, as though it had attempted to fight back at the very last second. In the distance, the silver security fence could be seen, fire licking at its boundaries, black figures sprinting about before it. Glancing about at the empty, devastated street about her, Kami tried to get her bearings. She was guessing that they were within blocks of the station, but she could hardly sprint off and abandon a team member in the middle of an air raid. To the distance, a siren abruptly cut through the crackling of the flames, its loud high pitched screech causing a renewed chorus of screams and shouts from the figures down the road. In response, the air guns whined again, maneuvering about to fire at incoming aircraft out of Kami's sight.

Cursing softly at her luck, Kami leaned forwards, gazing down into the hole within the middle of the road.

"Gavyn?"

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
SL/SSG Kami/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [CoR] [IG] [GCA] [BC]
TRN/KAD Kami/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before...=-

(o^_^o)
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 5, 2005 2:21:42 AM)]
Angel
ComNet Expert

Angel

Post Number:  1942
August 5, 2005 3:53:11 PM    View the profile of Angel 
Damnit Evis...Did you HAVE to make the blocks this long? Angel made a mental reminder to give the young corporal a good natured thrashing after the simulator run. He was by no means out of shape, but having to duck in and out of shadows, and run zig-zag patterns across open streets in full armor was beginning to wear on him. A thin layer of perspiration had coated his body, turning the sealed commando armor into a venerable sauna. Angel quietly wished to be back in the free-flowing robes of the Order, reveling in the freedom and flexibility...as well as the light weight.

And damn this rifle is heavy...

Saddling himself up against the wall of yet another shelled out building Angel peered around the corner to scout out the next block. Virius remained a building behind him, rifle drawn to cover their rear. Angel pulled his head back behind the building as Jinx crept up next to him. "The station should be right around the next corner." He said. "There's a strong presence outside the main entrance." Pulling the comlink from his belt, Angel called to Virius. "What do you have on satellite?"

From across the street, he could see Virius jolt slightly at the voice, his concentration solely on watching for enemy forces. The staff sergeant grabbed as his comlink, then produced his laptop from the duffel slung across his back. "It seems that there is a large outer duracrete wall. There are two sentry towers on the corners. Beyong that I can't say. I wouldn't recommend walking up and knocking."

"Roger that," Angel replied. "Bring it up. We'll get as close as possible then set up the sensors to feed data to the Wraiths. Hopefully Evis will have contacted me by then."

"I think I found the perfect spot Angel." Virius said hastily, replacing the laptop carefuly in his duffel. "There's an abandoned apartment complex across the street, it should give you good line of sight on the target, while giving us lots of cover."

"Affirmative. We'll use that. Good work Vir." Angel clipped the comlink back on his belt and turned to Jinx. "I'll be heading for the roof. I need you to stay with Vir while he sets up. Cover his back, you hear me?" Jinx swallowed hard and nodded in response.

Taking a moment to consider the relative silence the city had fallen into, Angel said to himself, Well at least the bombardment stopped...

-----------------------
=[Arrogant Elitist]=
AS-2/ASL/SSG Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Iron Horse Squad/WildCard/Phoenix/Dragon/ Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/Vast Empire [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [WM] [GRoM] {BoA}
------------------------
The Angel of Death
CM/DJK Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Eagle 1-1/Sith/Dark Jedi/Vast Empire/Lopen [VP:1]
------------------------
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  623
August 6, 2005 9:02:36 PM    View the profile of Kami 
"Still...here"

Kami started as a human hand appeared suddenly at her feet, scrabbling for a hold. Recognizing the tattered remains of civilian clothing, she leant down, and clasped Gavyn's hand in hers, helping him from the gulf. The private gave her a weak smile through his dust caked face.

"At least we're out of the sewerage."

He glanced around, letting out a low whistle as he observed the destruction of the inner city for the first time. "Someone's been busy."

Kami nodded, then gave Gavyn's arm a gentle tug, "They haven't quite finished just yet. Let's get out of the open."

The private nodded, eyes scanning the sky, then followed his squad leader from the middle of the road and into the shadows of one of the huge vertical towers. Flicking her gaze to her chrono, Kami tried to ignore the sinking feeling in the bottom of her stomach. They were running out of time...

The Horsey's flittered unseen for the next two blocks, the whine of aircraft growing with every second that passed. Kami's eyes constantly scanned the streets, noting the signs of battle, both ground and air in patches throughout the district.

"This must have been recently taken," She murmured to Gavyn, the two of them blending perfectly into the darkness, "Must have hurt the Republic to take it though."

"Where's the station?" Gavyn replied, "Are we close now?"

"Three blocks away to be precise."

Gavyn yelped as the new voice suddenly pierced the air behind him. JR stood forward, seemingly materializing from nowhere and laid a hand on the private's shoulder, "Relax."

Kami lowered her rifle from JR, her quizzical look hidden by her helmet, "Var?"

"Here..." The lizard man hissed, sliding out from the shadow to Kami's right, "That bombardment served as enough of a distraction for us to slip through unnoticed."

JR nodded, his helmet tucked beneath his arm, before seemingly noticing the state of Gavyn's clothes. The Senior Sergeant wrinkled his nose, "Gah...what are you covered in?"

Kami cut off Gavyn's reply, "You don't want to know. Three blocks did you say?"

Varron answered, "Yesss...I can smell them. Quite a concentration around the station."

"Alright," Kami looked searchingly up the street, "Eyes peeled for anything that can be of use to Wraith Squad. Comm silence from now on. And whatever you do...don't be seen."

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before...=-

(o^_^o)
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 6, 2005 9:03:19 PM)]
Gavyn Kanu
ComNet Novice

Gavyn Kanu

Post Number:  52
Total Posts:  228
August 9, 2005 6:55:14 PM    View the profile of Gavyn Kanu 
This smell is terrible, Gavyn thought as they made their way down the street. Gavyn looked around, then stumbled forward as he took his next step. Wincing in pain Gavyn looked down at his battered left leg. Gavyn stopped and ripped the long sleeve off his shirt. Gavyn reached down and lifted his pantleg, exposing the wound. Gavyns shin bone was sticking slightly out of his leg.

"Your going to need some thing better than that cloth to fix up that," informed his SL.

"It will work for now," the Private replied.

Gavyn wrapped the sleeve around his leg twice then pinned it of with a handy safety pin. Gavyn proceeded to rip his other shirt sleeve off and wrap it around tightly, then tied it in a knot. "All right lets go," said Gavyn as he readjusted the strap on his blaster.

The team proceeded, more slowly now with Gavyn limping as quickly as he could. The Horseys reached the end of the second block and rested for a moment, mostly for Gavyns sake. "Are you going to make it Private?" asked Kami. Gavyn sat on a small pile of rubble rubbing his leg and grimacing, "I'll be fine," he answered.

Gavyn looked around at the other three Horseys then he looked in the direction they were headed. Gavyn pushed himself slowly to his feet and swayed on the spot for a second. I'm really lightheaded right now, I must have lost a lot of blood... Gavyn limped forward again, the others following up behind him, watching for anything that could be useful for Wraith Squad to use.

-----------------------
"A painless lesson, is one without any meaning. One who does not sacrifice anything, cannot achieive anything."

"Do. Or do not, There is no try."

Private First Class Gavyn Kanu
Iron Horse Squad
TRP/PFC Gavyn/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

Eviscares
ComNet Cadet

Eviscares

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  264
Total Posts:  445
August 13, 2005 4:49:12 AM    View the profile of Eviscares 
The two privates and Eviscares were running back through some of the smaller streets, heading towards the railroads. When they finally got there
Eviscares and Exar were breathing heavily. HK just watched them catch their breath again, Eviscares was sure that if the droid had some kind of humor in his tinhead he was probably laughing his ass of silently. It was Exar who spoke again first.
"Sir, how are we supposed to scout that train exactly?"

Eviscares gave it a shrug. "I don't have any Idea private. But if angel wants to use it as an Escape I think we might have to stop it and clear it."

HK moved in that strange way that indicated that he wanted to speak and looked at Eviscares. "My map indicates that the train will be passing through some buildings slightly higher than itself. We might be able to drop on it from there. But we have to hurry to get there. And I don't know if the buildings are in use by the military.

"That sounds like our only option. So come on guys. Lets go."

They started running again, HK leading the way this time. Angel used the chance to radio Angel and tell them about their plan. The Assistant Squad Leader wasn't too happy about as were Eviscares. But they agreed that it was their best chance.

Silently cursing about the Artificial Intelligence  and that it was able to act so realistic Eviscares caught up with Exar.

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven".
Such is the Rule of Honor.

FTC/LCPL Eviscares/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  628
August 13, 2005 7:27:38 PM    View the profile of Kami 
They were just a block from the station when Kami came gliding silently to a halt, causing the rest of her team to follow suit. Ever since they'd slipped past the security block, the streets had been suspiciously absent of any form of life. Iron Horse had managed to stumble along through three blocks of empty high rise buildings, muttering and cursing; their progress slowed by a wounded Gavyn, and survive...

Slowly turning on the spot, Kami ignored the curious stares of the rest of her team, carefully scanning the shadows at their back. Letting her gaze travel up the width of the buildings, she attempted to see beyond the shattered glass of the high rise windows and into the dark interior. Down here, on street level, one block away from their high priority target, Kami felt as though she was a moving target watched by unseen eyes.

It seemed that she wasn't the only one who had noticed the lack of Republic presence in a Republic base. JR was twitchy, his gloved hand closing about the trigger of his rifle every few seconds only to let it go moments later. Varron was hunched within his commando armor, almost as though he wished he could drop to all fours and scurry deeper into the shadows of the looming hulks of the inner city.

Gradually lowering the tip of her rifle, Kami took one step back, and then another, abruptly aware of the deep feeling of dread settling within her stomach. This was the Horsey's first attempt at a Recon mission, so it was highly unlikely that they would manage to pull off the difficult task Eviscares had set for them.  Similarly, her team's approach to the city had been shadowed by enemy bombardment, which meant that Republic units were more on edge, and more alert than usual. Whilst the aerial attacks would have served to cause widespread confusion, Kami couldn't shake the thought that once again, they were underestimating their enemies.

The Republic had successfully taken this stronghold of a city, successfully captured a high ranking member of the Imperial forces and had so far repelled any rescue attempts. She severely doubted whether they would let their guard up now just so her and her squad could walk right into the perimeter of the base and broadcast all the information needed by Wraith Squad in order to snatch their prisoner from their grasp.

And it was then, with that very thought in her mind, that Kami saw the first of them.

It could have been passed off as wind, a trick of sunlight, or movement conjured by Kami's highly overactive imagination. But high above her, on the fourth floor of a high rise building on the opposite side of the street, the shadows shifted.

Kami's booted feet crunched in the gravel at the side of the road as she took two more steps back, rifle coming back up to her shoulder. JR and Varron stiffened at her back, alerted by their squad leader's stance, and seconds later, Gavyn followed suit. Their reaction went unnoticed by Kami, who was still scanning the building floor by floor.

If she took out her binoculars and examined the buildings she would only act to alert the Republic that she was onto their position, so instead, Kami stayed in place, desperately scanning the darkness for another flash of movement which would confirm her suspicions.

It seemed however, that the Republic forces had little patience.

The stillness of the night sky was abruptly replaced by the high pitched sound of a rifle being fired. There was a flash from the fourth floor of the high rise, followed by momentary blindness as the carefully aimed shot flashed past Kami, and thudded into one of the team members at her back. Suddenly, the night sky was alight with the flashing of blaster fire.

It rained down upon the small group from all sides from above, the Rebels carefully concealed within the high rise buildings having the advantage of surprise and of height.

Kami span about, the air about her burning with enemy fire, screaming at her team to get back, only to find her path blocked by the falling form of a stormtrooper. The body hit her in her chest plate, driving the air from her lungs and sending her plummeting towards the concrete road. More blaster fire hit the body as it fell; its armor peppering with hundreds of small burning holes, before both it and Kami hit the ground and rolled to a halt.

Then...suddenly...the night air was still once more.

Kami lay beneath the body of one of her fellow troopers, unable to breath and unable to comprehend what had just happened. She was vaguely aware that the Rebels had stopped firing, though if they had, that meant that they no longer had any targets at which to fire at. Shock slowly filtered through her system as she realized exactly who was lying atop her.

It was Varron.

The lizard man's helmet visor had shattered when he had hit the road, revealing the blank white of one of his eyes. Both of his large arms were thrown to either side, as though at the very last second he had attempted to break his fall. His neck was twisted about at an odd angel, and now hung limply upon Kami's left shoulder.

Stifling the soft cry which threatened to break free of her lips, Kami attempted to rise from beneath the Trandoshan's form, only to fall back to the concrete moments later. The lizard man's dead weight was huge, all seven foot of muscle bearing down upon her and pinning her to the road.

Claustrophobia began to claw at the very edges of her mind, heightened by the fact that at any minute now the Rebels would come down to the street to check their kills.  If she stayed where she was, there was no way that she could possibly salvage the mission, or regroup with the survivors of her team.

If there are any...

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

(o^_^o)
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 13, 2005 7:30:59 PM)]
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  630
August 16, 2005 2:13:57 AM    View the profile of Kami 
Time seemed to slow as Kami lay pinned beneath the dead weight of Varron, straining to hear the approaching footsteps of the Republic soldiers. The simulation was cued to end upon the discovery of both teams, or subsequently, the death of the entire squad if they managed to obtain their objective only to die when escaping from the city. Judging by the fact that Kami was still stuck beneath her dead squad member, pulling shallow lungfuls of air through her crushed chest, meant that Angel and his team had yet to be discovered.

"Sarge?"

Kami jolted at the soft voice behind her. She attempted to twist about to see the owner of the voice, and only succeeded in causing a white hot flash of pain to light up in her lower chest. Biting down her soft cry, Kami stilled, aware that one of her squad was now standing over her, rifle at ready. Leaning over, the trooper tugged experimentally at Varron's form, then turned and gestured to his right.

"Give me a hand."

Recognizing the voice as JR's, Kami felt a wave of relief course through her veins. To JR's side, another trooper appeared, moving stiffly to stand at Kami's shoulder.

"Right down there Sarge?" Howmi asked, his drawl distinctive despite the helmet's distortion, "Hold on a tic, we'll get you out."

Together, the Horsey's slid armored arms beneath Varron, lifting him free from Kami and lessening the crushing pain within her breast. Dumping their former squad member unceremoniously to the side, JR swung his rifle about into his hands, whilst Howmi helped his squad leader to her feet.

"We have to hurry Sarge, we drew them off, but they'll be back."

Kami nodded, the movement provoking another small burst of pain from her lower chest. Clamping one arm protectively about herself, she pulled her silenced pistol free with her spare hand.

"Which way?" She gasped, suddenly disorientated in the face of the assault.

JR was already moving, ducking between the shadows of two large buildings, so Kami followed suit.

Each step brought a new flash of pain, causing Kami to tighten her arm about her as though she could prevent whatever ribs she had broken from moving. As they weaved back in the direction they had come Howmi stayed close on her heels, one hand held out as though he was afraid his squad leader would collapse at any moment, his other gripped tightly about what looked to be a stolen Rebel rifle.

"Had a run in already?" Kami asked between breaths, tilting her helmet at Howmi's weapon.

The private nodded, "Saw them when I was on lookout, way back at the gate. They must have caught onto JR and Varron because a huge group chased after them not long after they disappeared. I managed to draw some off, but they must have called ahead to let the other's know you were coming."

Kami turned her attention to JR, who was lurking silently in an alleyway ahead, seemingly awaiting fresh orders. Walking forwards, Kami gave him a gentle nudge to get him moving again.

"Don't stop," She murmured, abruptly aware of the sound of vehicles drawing closer, "Whatever you do, don't stop. Make for the river. If we get split up, keep going. Just don't stop."

Both of the Horsey's had time to nod, before a spotlight flared to their right, swinging about to shine down the alley and reveal their position. Leaping lithely out of the beam's path, all three Horsey's bit back their curses, and broke into a run.

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

(o^_^o)
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 16, 2005 2:14:44 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 16, 2005 2:17:01 AM)]
Howmi Martin
ComNet Novice

Howmi Martin

Post Number:  32
Total Posts:  38
August 16, 2005 10:11:24 AM    View the profile of Howmi Martin 
[OOC: I'm currently having trouble at home, so I may or may not be able to post at home. I'll post at school, though.]

Howmi ran, his metalic leg gleaming in the light of the speeders high beams. The armor that they were issued coulcn't fit around the metalic leg, dispite it's proper size in comparison to his other leg. However, it was more durable than any armor they might issue. It was also much stronger, which made running hard to control. His right leg wanted to jump five feet ahead, while his left struggled to keep up.

Howmi ran with all due speed, keeping his squad leader in front of him with little effort. We'll never make it like this... and if they find the other team, we fail... so....

"JR, if you would be so kind as to take our magnificent leader ahead, I'd like to have a word with these gentlemen," He said calmly. He sounded as if he had never been running for his life in the city underseage, "Hey boys," The speeder didn't slow, "I'm your hecktleberry," This seemed to enrage the Rebels even more. The speeder swept by as Howmi rolled to the side. Per his plan, they swept around and took another pass. Howmi blasted at the speeder.

The bolt went of in a wild angle, hitting the side of a concrete building, turning it a putrid black. They were still using Concrete... concrete....

-----------------------
TRP/PFC Howmi/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [LoR]
Gavyn Kanu
ComNet Novice

Gavyn Kanu

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  56
August 16, 2005 11:01:58 AM    View the profile of Gavyn Kanu 
Gavyn slowly regained conciseness were he lay, several feet from the body of Varron. "What the..." Gavyn mumbled as he rubbed his bleeding head. What happened? Gavyn wondered as he looked around. Spotting the rubble on the ground he remember, The rebels began to fire... I panicked... and tripped. Damnit.

Gavyn crawled slowly to the body of Varron. Dead... Gavyn thought as he saw the dozens of  holes in the armor, Definitely dead... Gavyn reached out and grabbed the blaster next to  Varron and tried to get on his feet.

Gavyn managed to stand up, after almost falling over several times. I have to find the others.

Fresh round of fire could be heard down the street and then a spot light lighted up the street. Crawling in the shadows Gavyn slowly made his way toward the light. Coming up on the corner of the street, Gavyn peeked his head around the side. Several rebels stood behind a spotlight, easily twice as tall as any of them.  Suddenly a speeder engine was heard roaring to life, and sped off down the street.

There are to many of them, I couldn't possibly take them all out...could I? Gavyn slowly crept toward the rebels, watching his step carefully so as not to trip again. Taking a final step, Gavyn aimed his blaster at the power cord coming out the back of the spotlight. Pulling the trigger, a bolt of energy shot from the end of the blaster, severing the cord, and plunging the street into darkness. "What the..." one of the rebels yelled before Gavyn fired another shot.

Suddenly the street was alight with gun fire. Gavyn dropped to the ground, all the shots passing harmlessly over him. From the ground Gavyn aimed his gun at the spot were the shots were coming from. Gavyn fired his gun several times, moving to the next source of gunfire each time.

Everything was quite, Gavyn lay there, unsure of if he had got them all...

-----------------------
"A painless lesson, is one without any meaning. One who does not sacrifice anything, cannot achieive anything."

Lance Corporal Gavyn Kanu
Iron Horse Squad
TRP/LCPL Gavyn/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

Angel
ComNet Expert

Angel

Post Number:  1966
August 16, 2005 11:54:55 PM    View the profile of Angel 
Meanwhile on the otherside of town...

Angel lay prone on the cold duracrete roof of the financial building, a black tarp covering his glossy black armor.. His Whisper sniper-rifle remained securely butted up against his shoulder. Through the illuminated scope mounted to his rifle he could see everything that moved at the station perfectly clear. His motions were methodic, sweeping from left to right to left, gently squeezing the butt of his rifle to raise the sights with each pass. As he completed the first sweep of the building, Angel flipped the top of his black tarp from over his head. Speaking quietly into the comlink, he called down to Virius.

"Vir...status report."

After a brief pause, the sergeant answered, "I just finished setting up the SDS and SE-VIGILANT. They should be coming online in just a few..."

A large burst of static, followed by the explosion of an artillary round cut through Virius' last few words. Shutting off the comlink, Angel peered back through his scope...to find at least three dozen troops pouring out of the police station. Two dozen split off from the others and headed out towards the east...Towards Kami's team... I hope they're alright... The other dozen...much to Angel's dismay, headed into the bottom floor of the building they were occupying.

That was when he heard it... the whistling sound of an incoming artillary shell. Abandoning his post, Angel dashed towards the roof access door, trying desparately to get away from the piercing noise of an impending death.

The shell struck the side of the building, ripping through it like a hot knife through butter. The explosion and shock wave sent Angel flyng from his feet and crashing into the lone door. The entire building grouned as support beams were destroyed and tons upon tons of duracrete broke free from the superstructure. Angel picked himself up off the duracrete ground, surpised to even be alive...only to find the entire side of the building gone. The massive amounts of building material had slid down and filled the street, blocking the main access to the police building.

Angel let out a string of curse words in every language he knew..until the realization hit him. He flung the access door open and took the stairs four at a time. His knees began to ache with the jarring impact of reacing down the stairs, but the growing feeling of discomfort in his stomach pressed him on. He could hear the thundering footsteps of the approaching NR troops echoing up the stairwell, and this served only to push him harder.

He reached the floor where he left Jinx and Virius in record time...to find Jinx sprawled on his back. The slow rise and fall of his chest let Angel know that the young Private was alive...but Virius was not in sight. Fearing the worst, Angel strode across the rabble strewn across the onetime office's floor, towards the vast opening that used to be called a wall. Looking down as he reached the open space, he amplified the ambient ligtht sensitivity on his helmet visor...to find a black armored figure laying still on its back...20 stories down...

-----------------------
=[Arrogant Elitist]=
------------------------
The Angel of Death
------------------------
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  631
August 17, 2005 12:34:12 AM    View the profile of Kami 
The Horsey's had only run a hundred meters or so when Kami remembered Gavyn. Cursing out loud, she drew the attention of a Republic speeder who was driving alongside the wall of buildings, firing randomly into the narrow alleyways in which they were hidden. Lances of red fire cut across her path, causing Kami to fling up her arms instinctively and back up.

"JR, if you would be so kind as to take our magnificent leader ahead, I'd like to have a word with these gentlemen," Howmi leapt forward from behind Kami, shouldered his rifle and charged suicidally down the alleyway towards the speeder.

"Howmi!"

The private seemed not to hear Kami's cry, as he dived out from the alleyway and opened fire at the much more heavily equipped and maneuverable vehicle.

"Goddamit!"

Running forwards, Kami sprinted past JR, throwing herself into another alleyway. She briefly contemplated going back to find Gavyn, quickly discarding the idea as the pounding of booted feet reached her ears. Rebel soldiers, on foot.

JR on her heels, she dived about another sharp corner, the sound of the speeder and the soft whine of Howmi's rifle drowning out with every alleyway they crossed. Glancing up at what was visible of the night sky in order to get her bearings, Kami cut sharply to the left, bursting out of the alleyways and onto the open road. Blaster fire immediately cut a path towards her, originating from two speeders traveling at full speed towards the Horsey's.

Laying off a string of shots in their general direction, Kami checked that JR was still on her shoulder, then dove into the maze of buildings on the other side of the road. Cutting left, then right, she burst out from the buildings again, and found herself facing the security grid that bordered the inner city boundaries. Almost immediately, the three tanks by the entrance swung their turrets about to catch the two Imperials in their sights.

"Goddamit!"

Both JR and Kami threw themselves back behind the relative shelter of the buildings they had just exited, landing heavily upon their armored stomachs. Bare seconds later, the three blasts hit, almost in immediate succession.

The world became a mass of flame and smoke.

The very buildings about the two Horsey's shook, their foundations crumbling under the strength of the blasts. Glancing up, Kami saw the top few floors of the building they were immediately under crumble, tipping side wards to give into gravity's wishes. Kami pushed herself to her feet, shouting out a warning to JR.  Throwing out a hand to stop herself from collapsing once again, she ran forwards towards the small beacon of light visible from between the shaking alleyways. The roar of the buildings filled her ears as she stumbled and fell, landing upon one knee. With the very last once of her strength, she forced her feet beneath her once more and threw herself out of the maze...just as the last vestiges of the building block collapsed.

Rolling over onto her back, Kami watched in horror as the four skyscrapers within the block toppled, smashing into each other to drive out massive clouds of glass and dust. One building seemed to sway under the combined assault of its neighbors, trying desperately to retain its place, until it too toppled, the noise of its death unbelievable as all thirty floors tumbled to the earth.

Pulling herself back to her feet, Kami glanced desperately about the pile of destruction for any sign of JR.

"JR! JR! Can you hear me?"

Taking a step forward, Kami was forced back as another spray of dust and durasteel showered from the unstable collection of buildings. Already, the sound of the tanks was growing louder, as they made to maneuver about the wreckage of the block and search for survivors. 

"Goddamit.." Kami's words were tainted with bitterness as she span about, turning her back on yet another squad member. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she forced her aching legs to once again carry he into a run back towards the only possible exit option she had left. The Sewerage pipes.

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

(o^_^o)
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 17, 2005 12:35:06 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited August 17, 2005 12:36:40 AM)]
Jinx
ComNet Novice

Jinx

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  32
August 17, 2005 11:21:16 AM    View the profile of Jinx 
Images flashed and changed like some type of slide show.  His father angry, running from one building to another following his fellow squad mates, first day of training as a stormtrooper, running through his yard playing with other kids from the village.  But the last thoughts that raced through his mind, a flash of lite in the distance, a soft whistle growing louder and louder and then Virius shouting "Incoming" and trying to stand up, seeing a black armored body flying past him, himself being thown back and falling.

"Jinx, Jinx wake up, we have to get moving."Angel yelled, shaking Jinx slightly.  Jinx's eyes popped open, his vision was blurry but starting to come into focus, "what, what happened" he mumbled.  "No time, Vir is on the ground below, we have to get out of this building now" Angel responded.

Angel grabbed Jinx's arm and began to ease him up to his feet.  Jinx gave a slight groan of pain, but stood up.  He tried to catch his breath that had been driven out of him from the fall to the roof's floor. Angel ran over to Virius's equipment, and gathered it up, then began to make for the door to the next level down.  Jinx followed him from one level to the next, running the steps as fast as his battered body would allow.

They came to the lowest level of the building, but saw no door leading out.  The shelling of the building had left it nearly destroyed, but also had sent most of the debris to the ground floor.  Angel quickly looked around for anything that could be used as an exit.  He found a pile of rubble that seemed to be lower then the rest.  "Jinx, over here, help me clear this out" he shouted as he began to grab chuncks of duracrete and toss them aside.  Jinx limped over to the pile and moved whatever he could.  The two of them cleared enough for them to crawl over the pile and leave the building.

Angel took a last step off of the rubble and sprinted around the remaining corner of the building.  Jinx rounded the corner as fast as he could, and saw Angel kneeling next to a body.  He took a few more steps, watching Angel begin to remove Virius's helmet.  Stopping a few steps short of Angel, "Is he......dead" Jinx asked, scared to hear the answer.

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL Jinx/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

Gavyn Kanu
ComNet Novice

Gavyn Kanu

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  61
August 20, 2005 7:43:15 PM    View the profile of Gavyn Kanu 
Slowly Gavyn got back on his feet listening for a sound of any rebels that might have survived. Positive that he had killed them all Gavyn started down the street, wincing at every step from his swollen leg. The wind blew softly through the dark street as Gavyn stopped for a moment to rest his leg. Suddenly the sound of heavy artillery interrupted the silence and the sound of building collapsing could be heard.

This isn't good, thought Gavyn Any second we could fail our objective

Starting off again Gavyn made his way toward the noise. Suddenly Gavyn head the sound of someone running toward him. Ducking down next to a building Gavyn flicked the safety off on his blaster and aimed down the street. The footsteps moved closer until they were right next to him. Jumping out Gavyn tightened his grip on the trigger before he saw a flash of silver aimed in his direction. Barley dodging the blade Gavyn began to pull the trigger before he recognized the outline of stormtrooper armor.

"Kami?" Gavyn asked. "Gavyn?" he heard his squad leader respond.

"Where are the others?" he asked. "Missing or dead." she responded. "Damnit," whispered Gavyn.

"Come on, we have to get back to the sewer." Kami said, making her way past Gavyn and down the street. "Damnit," Gavyn said again and followed his SL. Suddenly Kami stopped and crouched down. Walking up next to her Gavyn looked at the circular sewer cover. Kami slid her fingers around the edges until she found the handles and pulled the cover off. The smell from the sewer was unbearable and Gavyn began to cough again.

"Do we have to go back in there?" asked Gavyn, holding his nose. "Do you have a better plan?" asked Kami before dropping into the hole. Looking around Gavyn took one last breath of fresh air and dropped down the hole.

Kami already had her flash light lit and was flashing it around the floor and walls. Gagging, Gavyn pulled his shirt over his nose. Turning to her left Kami started walking down the tunnel, followed slowly by Gavyn.

The tunnel went on some ways until they came to a fork. Kami stood there for a moment before choosing the tunnel to the right.  Gavyn slowly trudged through the shit, feeling like they had been walking in this tunnel for a long time.

Ahead a small light could be seen shining through a whole in the top of the tunnel. As they moved closer the light became brighter until it was right above them. Looking up Gavyn saw the remains of the ladder that used to be there. "Do you think you can make it Gavyn?" asked Kami, remembering how he jumped the building earlier.

Examining the ladder again Gavyn relized that it was a good twelve feet off the ground. "Maybe..." Gavyn answered. Taking several steps backward Gavyn stared at the ladder a moment, then dashed forward before leaping off the ground, arms extended all the way.

Gavyn closed his hands, and felt the cold steel bar underneath them. Gavyn slowly pulled himself up until he peeked his head out of the hole. The street was empty except for the street light so Gavyn pulled himself out.

Looking back down the whole Gavyn heard Kami say "Catch" as she through up a piece of rope. Gavyn grabbed it before it fell back down and tied it around the street light. Seconds later Kami pulled herself out of the hole too. Gavyn untied the rope and handed it back to Kami.

"Where do we go now?" asked Gavyn.

-----------------------

Lance Corporal Gavyn Kanu
Iron Horse Squad
TRP/LCPL Gavyn/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

JR
ComNet Member

JR

Post Number:  434
Total Posts:  471
August 25, 2005 8:10:38 PM    View the profile of JR 
JR saw a light. It was so close he could feel it's warmth on his cold skin. Reaching out he tried to touch it, it was then that he felt a sharp pain start in his shoulder and extend down his arm, the light started to fade off into the distance and he felt a sensation of air rushing past him as if he was falling. He tried shouting towards the light begging for it to come back, wanting to feel its warmth. All that came out of his mouth was noise and blood as his jaw refused to work, sending an emense pain throughtout his head.

JR awoke with a gasp, which caused even more intense pain to spread throughout his body. He could feel his clothes clinging to his body due to a mixture of sweat and blood. He looked around and discovered that he was trapped beneath a pile of rocks, lifting both arms to attempt to lift the rocks off him, JR felt the same searing pain that he had felt in the dream run through his right arm. After what seemed like hours JR was finally able to clear the rocks off his torso.  Sitting up he looked around and saw that he was all alone.

Good thing I was wearing this shadow armor JR thought to himself It must have hidden me while the rebels were looking for casualties.

Realizing that he could move his right leg and that, other than a few scrapes and bruises, it seemed to be allright, JR began to move the rock that was on top of his left leg. The second he touched the rock he felt the same searing pain he had felt in his arm. After getting the rock off of his leg he saw why. His shin was drenched in blood and appeared to be bent at an odd angle. To make matters worse, his ankle appeared to be broken as well.

Now that he was free to move, JR crawled down the rock pile using any limbs that he had available. When he got to the bottom, he forced himself to stand, and attempted to get his bearings. He finally saw the area that he could thought he could remember coming from. Now that he was standing he could feel blood running into his eyes, blinding his vision. Reaching to his forehead he discovered that it was covered in small gashes.

Knowing that he would need medical attention soon, he started towards the area he had come from.  He didn't care whether he was found or not knowing that he had to leave the area quickly or else his fate would be the same, whether caught by the rebels or not.  Trying his com unit and hearing a bit of fuzziness but realizing it worked, he attempted to contact someone. Realizing that no understandable words were coming out, he took a deep breath and reached up to his jaw, cracking it back into place.  He then struggled into the shadows and tried the com again.

"Kami, Angel," He said wincing through the pain, "Can anybody hear this...I need help..." was all he could manage before he faded back into the dark. 

-----------------------
Senior Seargent JR Iron Horse Squad

SSGT/JR/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"And the battles just begun. There's many lost but tell me who has won." -> U2
Jinx
ComNet Novice

Jinx

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  40
August 31, 2005 2:19:17 PM    View the profile of Jinx 
Static and an almost inaudible voice crackled over the com unit, "Can anybody hear this...I need help".  Angel placed the helmet he had been holding on Vir's chest.  He got to his feet and grabbed his rifle and began to walk towards the corner of the building.  "Sir, is Vir..." Jinx began to ask once more but was cut off by Angel, "Let's find JR".  And with that Jinx followed Angel out of the small alleyway and back into the shadows of the buildings.

The two men made their way slowly through the rubble strewn streets, stopping only briefly to check for rebel patrols.  They past half destroyed buildings, some buildings looking completely intact but with a large hole in a side wall, and some totally unscathed from the recent bombardment. 

The walked a little further until they saw what looked like a small block of buildings compeletely demolished.  Tank tracks could be seen in the dust of crushed rubble, boot prints running toward an alley showed that someone had escaped the building's fall.  "Ok, stay out of sight but look for the others, hopefully their not here but just in case" Angel ordered.  "Yes, Angel" Jinx responded.

They searched around the still standing senctions of the buildings first, then through the rubble as much as they could.  "Angel, over here I found someone" Jinx yelled.  Angel made his way over to where Jinx was beginning to remove a black helmet.  As he lifted the helmet he saw Varron's face.  "Damn, keep looking.  Hopefuly he's the only one and Kami and her team are still going toward the objective" Angel said.

Jinx and Angel continued to search for the remaining members.  Angel headed toward the alley the boot prints were going into.  Jinx continued to look through the rubble and around the sides of any buildings that were still standing.  As he rounded one small section of a wall Jinx's leg was tripped out from under him and he fell to the ground hard.  He quickly rolled on his side, grabbing his rifle and pointing toward the wall which held the reason he was on the ground in the first place.  What he saw was a darkly armored figure sitting up against the wall. 

"JR" Jinx said loudly in surprise.  The figure raised his head slightly and let out a soft "yes".  Jinx rose from his position to his feet and began to try and bring JR back to full consciousness.  Jinx clicked his com unit, "Angel I found JR, I'm behind a small wall on the north section of the square."

-----------------------
TRP/LCPL Jinx/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

Angel
ComNet Disciple

Angel

Post Number:  2017
September 2, 2005 1:32:26 PM    View the profile of Angel 
Angel blinked twice as the world around him suddently disappeared...replaced by the darkness of his simulator chamber. Sighing, he knew what this meant.

OOC: This story is now concluded. No more posts.

*Stay tuned for a less than pleasant message from your command staff*

/OOC

-----------------------
=[Arrogant Elitist]=
AS-2/ASL/SSG Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Iron Horse Squad/WildCard/Phoenix/Dragon/Osiris/Stormtrooper Corps/Vast Empire [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [WM] [GRoM] {BoA}
------------------------
The Angel of Death
------------------------
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Recon Training (Iron Horse)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:40:51 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 84  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >