ComNet Member

Jaden

[VE-NAVY] Warrant Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Division Head

Post Number:  920
Total Posts:  1963
  RE: Aegis Topic
June 23, 2006 11:11:29 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Alright Boys...It's getting closer and closer each waking hour of our lives...The Elite Squadron Competition.  We may be small in number, but we are large in talent, and with my XO Hunter gone, this is going to be tuff to pull off.

We will be judged on four categories, one of them a minor categorie.

Writing-Posting on stories and getting bios up to par
Creativity-Creating Graphics, other Art, and Music
Gaming-Playing Games such as X-wing VS. Tie Fighter, X-Wing Alliance
Recruiting-Getting moire people to join the Vast Empire Navy(NEEDED BADLY)
All of you, and I mean every single one.  Message your squadron mates...get into meetings with them.  Fight to make sure that all of you can participate in this event so that we can prove we still need to be around.  I really need to get ahold of Zharyn and Rusty..so I say this again, if any of you talk to them let them know to come back.

I dont' have all the full details on the ESC...but It's coming up soon.

REMINDER
Try to get some posts in on the wing story before it is finished...

That is all.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

CMDR/WO2 Jaden Khaar/Aegis 1-1 (Aegis 1)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S] (SV) (CBV)

Commander of Aegis Squadron
[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited June 23, 2006 11:32:26 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited June 23, 2006 11:34:02 AM)]
DJ234
ComNet Member

DJ234

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  616
Total Posts:  794
June 23, 2006 1:52:33 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
Got it Jaden, I'll try to email Zharyn and Rusty and ask them to get back on to let us know whats going on.

anything specific in the Creativity-Creating Graphics, other Art, and Music category?

-----------------------
I think war might be God's way of teaching us geography~Paul Rodriguez

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
- Sun Tzu
----------------------
XO/FL/PO2 DJ234/Aegis-5/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=SA=) [VC:B]
Gaming Reporter/G-Rep DJ234/G-Reporter: 3/Gaming Division/VE/VET
[This message has been edited by DJ234 (edited June 23, 2006 2:04:44 PM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2450
Total Posts:  4197
June 23, 2006 3:41:14 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Feels like the last days of school before summer starts- don't it?  Lol: web building will be a big part of it as well and non SW games will be acceptable as well, like chess, pool or eve arcade games.  The specifics will be revaled Sunday.  Every squadron is going to have thier own story that I'll be making up and setting goals for, so no need to worry about making it up yourself this time- you just get to have fun with it.  Also, you won't be able to win just by making story post- it'll be split up into four categories that you'll have win through percentages.  Just winning in one won'd to the job- two atleast.  You'll also get percentages of that total, so all won't be lost if you only get second or third.  Again- things will be far clearer come Sunday.  Wednesday is the official start date so...

Here's some stuff I thought you guys might want to read over if you haven't already:

http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Imperial_Pilot%27s_Person

http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=TIE_Interceptor

http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Cockpit

http://www.vastempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Base_of_Operations

I think you guys will like that last one :>  Anyways- if you guys have any ideas for something we can add to the ESC or just ideas for the squadron- let's hear 'em.  Also, if you want to participate in an activity before the ESC on wednesday, check out the Navy Main.  Rock On.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/LtC Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]

Na
zgulSquadron

Commander of Nazgul Squadron, Phoenix Wing and Training
[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited June 23, 2006 3:43:38 PM)]
Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  243
Total Posts:  1363
June 23, 2006 5:12:37 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
gahhh....ill start getting active monday guys ok! anyway. why am i placed as aegis 7 if im in hunters element....flight i mean. anyway. yall need to fix the double placement.

-----------------------
FM/SCRW Raigen/Aegis 3/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (VC:B)
Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  245
June 23, 2006 6:16:47 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
I think if we can get active. We may be able to save Aegis guys. But we need to get in touch with our other members who are awol.

-----------------------
FM/SCRW Raigen/Aegis 1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (VC:B)
DJ234
ComNet Member

DJ234

Post Number:  617
June 23, 2006 6:18:14 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
Doing just that Raigen sent emails to Rusty and Zarhyn to know if they're coming back or not.

-----------------------

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
- Sun Tzu
----------------------
XO/FL/PO2 DJ234/Aegis-5/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE (=A=) (=SA=) [VC:B]
Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  250
June 23, 2006 8:57:45 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
They probably will. But were probably going to get thrown in with venom watch........wait.....i just realized somethig.........I'm not a noob anymore! interesting

-----------------------
Supreme White Knight of the Reply
-----------------------------------------------------------

Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

Post Number:  922
June 24, 2006 11:21:32 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
There's no possibiltiy of us bein in the training squadron.  If all comes to worst, we will be split up amoungst the other two squadrons, Nazgul and Kaph, but, that's not the goal here.  We are attempting to see if we can keep ourselves in commission with such few members.

Alright-On the creativity subject.  Thats basically Graphics, Drawings, Music, anything you can create StarWars like.  I MEAN ANYTHING.  Go dust off those old scanners and get them goin guys.  We really need drawings.  Attempt to make a portrait of your character, or draw up a schematic for a tie advanced...I dunno.

Games we will be playin online that aren't VE related that will be in the ESC.

Yahoo pool-Oh, I know all of ya have played that.  Just get on  yahoo and go to games and make a profile.  Click pool, and start practicing.  It's not that hard.

Checkers-Everyone has played this game as a kid, and it's on yahoo...so get ready.

Chess-Yep.  If ya don't know how to play, just ask your grandpa or uncle or something and get it done

Cribbage-OH YES 15-2, 15-4  15-6 and A PAIR IS 8!

All of these games are basically on Yahoo pool.  Wait until Sunday for Shazam to release all of the information about the ESC.  Get posting on the wing story.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

CMDR/WO2 Jaden Khaar/Aegis 1-1 (Aegis 1)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE (=*A*=) (=*SA*=) [VC:S] (SV) (CBV)

Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  256
June 24, 2006 11:36:11 AM    View the profile of Raigen 
Okay....I thought venom was going to be a new squadron in phoenix.

-----------------------

Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  258
June 24, 2006 12:27:36 AM    View the profile of Raigen 
Ok Raigen did all he could. I have to say. That was my best post. I'm in florida riding dirt bikes but I'll get some stuff in.

-----------------------

Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  259
June 24, 2006 1:20:23 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
ignore this post
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited June 27, 2006 12:23:26 AM)]
Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  260
June 24, 2006 1:43:04 PM    View the profile of Raigen 

hope that worked!

-----------------------

Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  263
June 24, 2006 9:20:41 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
can i get some feedback?

-----------------------

DJ234
ComNet Member

DJ234

Post Number:  618
June 24, 2006 9:23:02 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
im not at my house at the moment, i am visiting my grandparents for the weekend but when i get back ill make sure to do some kind of picture and get on my yahoo account. I love checkers.

B.T.W nice picture Raigen try and use Adobe or macromedia and improve but a very good picture none the less

-----------------------
Aegis Squad

- Sun Tzu
----------------------
Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  264
June 24, 2006 9:29:53 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
all i had was paint

-----------------------

DJ234
ComNet Member

DJ234

Post Number:  621
June 24, 2006 9:30:54 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
you can download a free trial of CS2 the new photoshop at their site its a 30 day trial.

-----------------------
Aegis Squad

- Sun Tzu
----------------------
Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  265
June 24, 2006 10:07:19 PM    View the profile of Raigen 
Questions

The Elite Squadron Competition...what do we get if we win?

XO Hunter gone-when did this happen i thought he was just on vaccation?

Writing-Posting on stories and getting bios up to par

i did that. I have like the longest bio in the VE. so i don't have to worry about this right?

I can't go to the sunday meeting because im in florida and dont have irc. is that ok?

Try to get some posts in on the wing story before it is finished...
i already posted and had my character just about written out of the story. was I not supposed to do that?

Can we get Gemini back?

-------------------------------------------------------
my invisionment of aegis squadron

-----------------------

Raigen
ComNet Cadet

Raigen

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman

Post Number:  271
June 25, 2006 1:41:50 AM    View the profile of Raigen 
in a couple of days im making aegis avatars for everyone
and when do i get my results from my basic exams?
-----------------------
[This message has been edited by Raigen (edited June 25, 2006 1:42:24 AM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2453
June 25, 2006 2:37:46 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Whoa- quite the spam artist, aren't we Raigen?  Yea- I would stop doing that, man- all you're doing is clogging up your thread and making it more difficult for people to understand what it is you want.  Say it once and if you need to add something- use the edit button.  That's an official warning.

Don't worry about nearly writing yourself out of the story at this point- it ends today anyways.  Mind you- it will be Sunday night that all of this information is released and the story ends. 

In our pictures for the ESC- banners that look like they were already a picture and you just added a few words may not be accepted.  It's up to Art and Heth if he decides to get in on it.  I mean, as long as you scraped a couple of pictures together, then it might be acceptable, or you atleast alter in some way. 

Your bio- I'll take a look at it in the Academy, but it's length has nothing to do with it's content man.  You want your bio to inform people as well as entertain them- we aren't going to be impressed by the sheer volume of post or length here.  So- don't double post if you can help it, keep your eyes open for my comments on your bio, and think not what your squadron can do for you- but what you can do for your squadron.  The more you get in your head that there is something you can do- the more options will appear and more accesable you will become.

---

What I'd like you guys to do is stop worry about getting shut down.  I don't think it's ganna happen, especially if you guys are active through this tournement.  What's really important is that you are having fun.  When you are having fun we see proficiency- you actually want to post.  It becomes less of a chore and more of a hobby- so build those connections with your members.  Have a good time guys.  Keep up the good work.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

CMDR/LtC Shazam/Nazgul 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/1VENF/VEN (=A=) (=*SA*=) (=*MA*=) (=*FOCE*=) [LoM] [LSM] [VC:S] [DSM]

NazgulSquadron

[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited June 25, 2006 2:41:15 AM)]
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

Post Number:  924
June 25, 2006 8:30:07 PM    View the profile of Jaden 
-Garsh-

Alrighty then.  Looks like the story is getting finished up.  Arg.  Haven't heard from templar since the beginning of the week, but nice activity Raigen.  I like to see that.  Still attempting to get ahold of Zharyn and or Rusty...but that seems to be failing.  I don't know if I'll get a post in on the story before it ends...Kinda in a jam for time on the computer, my cousins are here from north carolina and I went to another concert last night and I'm pretty tired.

I guess I'll have to look at the meeting logs to see what's goin on with the ESC... Shazam, you should make a  post on the Navy main here to make sure everyone gets the idea about it and so that they know it's going on.

Nice picture Raigen, but it is not original.  I've seen that picture too many times on just a google hit on "interceptor".  Try to draw some things or use that program that DJ recommended to you to make your new ideas.  I know I may sound like a hypocrit saying these things because I don't do most of them, but all of the effort for the ESC from you guys will count.

Look at the roster and make sure you guys know where you are for when we start posting on the new story this coming week.  I haven't gotten around to reading your bio yet Raigen, but don't worry, I'll get to it soon enough.  Haven't read your story post either, but I will.

Reports-I would really like those in my inbox by thursday night, no exceptions.  I don't want to have to lay the smack down on this because It's not something I really stress, but I need to know what everyone is doing and if they can be here for the ESC.

Spacespeed is probably going to be removed from the roster if he doesn't reply or send a report this week.  I'm going to send him a message as soon as I get done posting this.  We will have Shiric(Gemini) Back before the ESC starts hopefully, I know you all love writing with her.

Hunter is going to be a month from 2 days ago, which was friday.  I hope we can still survive without him.  DJ, just try as much as you can to help me out here and get stuff done on the ESC.  I myself am going to be posting atleast two times a day and playing games while I'm posting.  It's going to be hard-but we can compete.

Have a nice beginning of the week and get ready for the ESC on wednesday, it's gunna be tuff.

Thanks for all the advice and info Shaz...You are a lifesaver.

See you guys on the flip side.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

DJ234
ComNet Member

DJ234

Post Number:  622
June 25, 2006 9:20:30 PM    View the profile of DJ234 
ill post every day and play some Pool and chess on yahoo. i also be doing some creating pictures and avatars for my self and anyone who wants one. I will be online most of the week got and exam on tuesday at 8:10 EST and on wedensday at 12:30 EST but thats it.

Dont worry Jaden Ill help you as much as hunter did. Just tell me what to do.

-----------------------
Aegis Squad

- Sun Tzu
----------------------
Shiric
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Crewman

Post Number:  11
Total Posts:  42
June 25, 2006 10:20:22 PM    View the profile of Shiric 
Raigen, you might wanna check Raziel o0r Angel's bios
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2458
June 26, 2006 1:40:04 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
Alright- you guys are seein all the information comin up now- so you need to start asking yourselves- what can we do?  Who do you guys have that does gaming?  Who all does graphics- can anyone draw?  Any singer/songwriters out there?  How are we on website building and is anyone going to do the separate character story or make a private story of their own?  Get coordinatin!  Things about ta go down nah ya hea?  Do a role call as well to see who's all really with you.  If you need members- we may be able to call some people in.  Let's get ready!!

((If you have any further ideas or comments, and/or concerns- forward them to Art and myself an we'll see if we can get the ESC involved with it.  Seriously- we're wide open folks: bring it on.  And remember- this is relaxing/competing time.  It's not supposed to bring you to your knees- it's about having fun.  So let's do that!))

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

NazgulSquadron

Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

Post Number:  925
June 26, 2006 11:26:39 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Alright, good deal.  I can write songs and create basically any song on my guitar and bass and dub them over eachother on our PA system out of the house, burn them onto a CD and we're good to go.

I can play games, and definently write, but I'm really going to be working on the site.

First off, I need a small logo = to 100x100 pixels for the top corner of the page, and I'm probably going to use the old banner unless somebody makes a new one.  I'm going to compile the entire history of Aegis squadron in there and also get a small forum going to people to rate the site.  Bio's will be posted on the site along with all of our equipment information and all of the missions aegis has been on since the squadron has been re-opened.

All images and creations should be posted on here first so I can look at them and give them my two cents before they are submitted.

Raigen, I like the activity, really.  I'm going to message Templar here in a second and also spacespeed.  Looks like right now I've got Raigen and DJ.  We SHOULD be getting Shiric as soon as she gets done with the Aviators and her Bio.

ROLL CALL PEOPLE

I want everyone to post immediately telling me that you are here to participate in the activities.  If you can't let me know immediately.

I want messages in my inbox with all quetions you guys have, because I know none of you have been in an ESC before.  I droppped in on the end of the one with Aegis and Viper and Nazgul back in day, and Aegis won.  Year later, Viper one.

We have a chance people.  Get to it and get creating.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

Trix
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  34
Total Posts:  136
June 26, 2006 11:43:24 AM    View the profile of Trix 
Hi, ist me Shric, wha bout this Jaden? I still need to resize however?
I can write, do graphics and game perhaps,

-----------------------
- Raider Squad -

TRP/PFC Trix/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
'Life is like mail. You sometimes just don't get it'
Trix
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  35
June 26, 2006 11:43:53 AM    View the profile of Trix 
Gah.
click for better image.

-----------------------
- Raider Squad -

[This message has been edited by Trix (edited June 26, 2006 11:44:13 AM)]
Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

Post Number:  926
June 26, 2006 11:50:29 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
Thats a very nice image.  It's totally original right?

Alright, I've started construction on the site.  I'm going to need bios from all of you immediately posted in my inbox.  I'll be searching through the comnet looking up history on the squadron so I can get that compiled up, but no rush, we've got a month for the site to be completed.

I think everyone should the seperate character story.  I know all of you would like to create another character and write with them, and I'm going to do it too.  Don't image me as a squadron leader, I'm just the same as one of you.

Shiric, I know you like to game so that will be a biggie for us, and I'm sure Dj can do it too.  I'll only be playing yahoo games because I don't have any games to play on the internet at this point in time.

Alright, got work to do.  Talk to you guys later.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

Trix
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  36
June 26, 2006 11:54:34 AM    View the profile of Trix 
Well, different piccies I got on the inter compiled together ih effects and my own comic version.

I prefer to draw stuff and then do it in photoshop, so I can do the logo if you want. WHat do you have in mind?

-----------------------
- Raider Squad -

Jaden
ComNet Member

Jaden

Post Number:  927
June 26, 2006 12:06:07 AM    View the profile of Jaden 
NOTIFICATION

Do not submit any graphics or other creations until Wednesday the 28th or they will be voided.  The image that Shiric just posted is just a rough draft, so don't worry about that.

For the logo:I would like an imperial logo with lightning bolts surrounding it possibly...light blue lightning bolts if you can.

-----------------------
Jaden Khaar

[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited June 26, 2006 12:09:37 AM)]
Shazam
ComNet Marshal

Shazam

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander
[VE-VEEC] Chief Reporter

Post Number:  2461
June 26, 2006 1:10:37 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
Do you guys have squadron colors?  That may help her.  I know Nazgul has made a glaim on the Blue, black and white thing- Think Kaph does reds.  So green, violet, yellow, orange...  I dunno- you don't have to do different colors though.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*

NazgulSquadron

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Navy Main ComNet > Aegis Topic  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ << 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 >> ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:22:06 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 199  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >