Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Flight to Cepany (Iron Horse)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Flight to Cepany (Iron Horse)
Howmi Martin
ComNet n00b

Howmi Martin

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  22
Total Posts:  38
  RE: Flight to Cepany (Iron Horse)
May 29, 2005 1:30:57 AM    View the profile of Howmi Martin 
Howmi ran off to confront a new enemy, trying to keep them away from the cargo hold.

Is this even the right cargo hold? He wondered, Is there even another?

Howmi saw a single man holding a smoking blaster. He immediately saw Howmi, and fired the
gun. The blot caught Howmi's own pistol, immediately knocking it from his hand, and
flinging it down the hall.

"Now, hold on, sir, I..." He said, his rather silkily gruff voice told the man, he was a rather tall
man, very grisly, very husky, and very dangerous looking. He had dark green eyes, and a buzzed
head, very odd. His face was scarred with battle. Overall, he didn't look all to friendly.

Click.

Silence. No one moved.

Click, click. Click.

The blaster was empty. In a rage, he threw the blaster at Howmi, after realizing that he didn't
have any more power packs. The blaster hit him in his left shoulder, and knocked him to the floor.
He heard his armor crack, and then felt the pain of being kicked across the hall. Circuits and
panels broke and shattered as a massive dent in the side of the hall was made. Howmi felt ribs give
way. Still he came, but he was farther away, now. When he walked close enough reach him,
Howmi, flooded with adrenaline, pushed himself off the wall, and gave him a swift side swipe to
his face. His lib busted, and blood flew. However, he quickly recovered from the blow, and his
anger fueled him.

Howmi dogged every hit thrown at him. The man was strong, but slow. He got off some of his
best hits on the man, but to no avail. He was too strong. Too well built. He couldn't run, though.
He was backed into a corner while he was trying to dodge the bulking man's blows. If he stayed
there, he would be killed. He saw a slight opening, and took it, dashing to the side to sprint down
the hall... he hadn't gotten five feet when the man brought his fist slamming into him.

Howmi felt a massive punch to his chest, breaking his StromTrooper armor into tiny bits. He felt
them enter his stomach, and felt his back go into a wall, then give way. He crashed through, and
skidded to a stop next to a desk. A pistol fell next to him. A slugthrower. Howmi picked it up,
and let loose the five remaining shots in the clip. All straight in the chest. Still, he came. What was
this guy made of?

He enjoys this, Howmi thought, If he didn't, he would have killed me by hitting my
face in long ago.... I wonder if I should be thankful for that, or wish he didn't enjoy it quite so
much.

Howmi's armor crackled and sparked with the last bits of electricity flowing throw it. The hulking
being that was his tormentor came at him, blood soaking through his thick shirt. He grabbed
Howmi's arm, and broke it like a twig, with a big grin. He slung him over his shoulder and into
the floor. Every rib in his body by now was shattered three times over. One of his legs bones
actually broke out of it's fleshy shell. He felt enormous pain, everywhere, and yet, his body
wouldn't let him shut down. Surely, he would die.

Howmi saw the man come right up to him, and take him by his neck.

This is it.

The human's grip was weak, however, and after what seemed an eternity, Howmi slumped to the
floor... just as a large explosion came from his right.

Finally, the pain overcame him, and a blanket of darkness came over Howmi Martin.
  -----------------------
TRP/PFC Howmi/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Howmi Martin (edited May 29, 2005 10:49:48 PM)]
Eviscares
ComNet Initiate

Eviscares

Post Number:  116
Total Posts:  445
May 29, 2005 4:57:47 AM    View the profile of Eviscares 
Trapped by the fire around him, and the raiders at the door Eviscares started to panic. He was absolutely sure that they were going to die in this Inferno. The heat of the Fire making it hard to breath and the sound of it melting through plastics sounded like he thought that Doomsday would sound.

But then suddenly something touched his Mind. He couldn't say where it came from at first, but it helped him to gather himself. As he looked at Kami and saw her concentrated look D'kaleth could identify what had touchd him. This Day had already been so weird that he didn't wonder much about her posessing such skills.

The Grenade that at first had seemed to be their doom now revealed that it could save them both as it had molten a hole through the floor.

There was neither the time nor the need for verbal communication, all Eviscares had to do was to nod at the hole and he and Kami got on their feet and jumped through it, Kami going first and Evis second.

Standing under the hole they both looked up and it was Evis who spoke firs, breaking the stiff silence: "Better get moving again Ma'm, this lil' wrinkle won't fool them long enough."

Kami at first said nothing, only gazing up the hole but then shook her head and looked at the Private."Hate to admit it, but you're right... lets get moving again."

After she had finished this sentence she turned around and started running down the alleyway, Eviscares following only a few feet behind her.

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

Take me out
To the black tell 'em I ain't coming back
Burn the land
And boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me

Who dares wins!
TRP/PFC Eviscares/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  530
Total Posts:  1884
May 29, 2005 7:15:06 AM    View the profile of Kami 
I'm so sick of running...

Kami pulled another breath into her lungs, and allowed her pace to slow now that she and Eviscares had lost their pursuers. She was helmet less, ammoless and generally pissed at the way this mission was turning out.

Dropping her pace down to a walk, she called to Angel in her mind.

He responded immediately, obviously close by.

"Wait." Was all she uttered at Eviscares, who had gladly slumped against the closest wall, glad of the chance for a breather.

"What...ever, you say..." He gasped, sliding his helmet free to reveal a pale face.

Kami turned on the spot, glancing back in the direction they had come. Smoke was slowly filtering down the hall, suggesting that the combination of a fire and a kitchen galley was too big a problem for the raiders to handle.

Then suddenly, Angel was at her side.

He grinned as Eviscares jumped into the air, unaware of the Sergeant's deadly silent arrival. Flicking amber eyes to Kami's, he left his methods unexplained,

"Raz is at the bridge. If he can get the sublight engines running again we might stand of chance of reaching Cepany in one piece."

Kami opened her mouth to reply, then hesitated. "Howmi."

Angel paused, then nodded, "I sense it too."

Eviscares walked over to stand beside the two, "Sense what?"

Kami reached out, lightly resting a hand on Angel's chestplate, "Get back to Raziel and get this wreck moving before it burns down. 'Cares and I will get to Howmi."

Angel's mouth opened to voice protest, but Kami was already moving, her mind focused on the task again. Eviscares glanced over at Angel, noting the rare display of emotion which ran openly across his face as he watched her lithe figure disappear.

He offered a shrug, "If its any consolation sir, I'm impressed that you've managed to keep up with her at all."
Sliding his helmet back over his head, he loaded his last clip into his pistol, and jogged off after his squad leader.

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
SL/SSG Kami/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [CoR] [IG] [GCA] [BC]
TRN/JRN Kami/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before...=-

(o^_^o)
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited May 29, 2005 7:16:27 AM)]
Eviscares
ComNet Initiate

Eviscares

Post Number:  119
May 29, 2005 2:34:11 PM    View the profile of Eviscares 
It was tough catching up with Kami as something seemed to have given her new strength. When he finally was next to her again, Eviscares couldn't hold back anymore with his questions.
"What kind of tricks are you pulling off Kami... I must say that I'm really puzzled right now."

For a short moment a slight grin passed over the Senior Sergeants face, and then she replied:"Would be too much to explain it to you now... maybe later."

They went on for a short period of time and then Kami stopped. She seemed to concentrate for a second and then pointed to a wall panel. "Private, do you have a detonator left?"

"Sure Ma'm, but it's my last one."

"Doesn't matter. Use it to break open this Panel. Howmi's in the room behind it."

It didn't take Eviscares too long to find the spot where he could inflict enough damage with his detonator to clear at least a hole where they could crawl through. After a bit of tinkering the small charge stayed in place and started beeping to announce it's soon explosion.

Both troopers hunkered down behind a broken Astromech and anxiously awaited the explosion.
"Remind me to..." Kami wanted to say something but the loud 'boooooooooooooom' of the explosion, amplified by the narrowness of the corridor  made the rest of her statement inaudible. Kami was the first to get back to her feet. She looke at the small hole, barely large enough to crawl through. She shook her shoulders. "Better than nothing I suppose and made her way through."

When Eviscares followed he couldn't believe his eyes at first. On the floor lay Howmi, or what was left of him, and next to the door Kami was fighting someone or should he better say something?

The senior sergeant moved around her opponent at full speed, dodging his slow swings and placing one small cut after another at his body. Even though she seemed to be fully concentrated she could still give orders.

"Private, get Martin out of here, and treat him. THATS AN ORDER!", it sounded as if she expected that Eviscares would stay again with her.

Following his orders, Eviscares dragged Howmi through the small breach in the wall and began treatment. Or at least he tried to Howmi was so heavily injured that Eviscares started to sweat under his helmet out of fear that one wrong move might kill his squadmember. He tried to remember everything he had learned in the basic first aid education at the academy and started with inspecting the wounds of his fellow soldier. But he couldn't concentrate, his thoughts wandering of to Kami.

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

Take me out
Burn the land
And boil the sea

Who dares wins!
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  531
May 29, 2005 7:35:25 PM    View the profile of Kami 
Kami slipped under another of the man's blows, causing him to let out a soft snarl of frustration. Flicking her wrist, she opened another part of the bulking soldier's body, and he cried out, slumping forwards as blood flowed free from his body.

Someone he regained his footing, and somehow...despite the numerous blaster and knife wounds sapping at his strength, he came at her again, roaring defiance at the pain which plagued his body. Kami dodged another poorly aimed blow and lashed out, catching the hulk beneath the chin with her booted foot.

The man's neck flew back with a sickening crack...and finally he fell, landing in a crumpled mass of weeping wounds upon the steel grey floor.

Kami hovered on the spot, her gaze carefully tracing the man's fallen form for any signs of life. Seeing none, she turned and climbed back through the hole in the wall, dropping down beside Eviscares.

Eviscares looked over at her, his expression unreadable through the blank expression of his helmet, "He's bleeding internally. Most of his ribs are broken, so there's the possibility that they've punctured a lung." He gestured to the other private's leg, where bone was clearly visible, "I've bound his arm, but his leg..."

Kami sat stunned momentarily, then dropped to her knees. Reaching out, she pushed sweaty hair back from the wounded private's head, then let her eyes trail to his bloodied leg.

"I can splinter that, but I don't have the nerve to move him again." She bit her lip, resting her other hand gently upon the private's ribcage to feel the damage beneath her fingers, "Gods...we could have killed him just moving him that short way."

Eviscares shifted his weight, glancing about him in a clear sign of nervousness, "We can't just sit here Sarge, the raiders are moving through the whole ship. They'll be here any moment."

Kami glanced at Howmi's face once again, the shook her head, "No, we stay." She flicked flashing green eyes back to Eviscares, "I'm not leaving anyone behind."

The private searched his squad leader's face, saw the barely contained anger reflected there, then nodded, turning his visored gaze back to the hallways.

"We stay."

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before...=-

(o^_^o)
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited May 29, 2005 7:35:47 PM)]
Howmi Martin
ComNet n00b

Howmi Martin

Post Number:  24
Total Posts:  38
May 29, 2005 7:36:04 PM    View the profile of Howmi Martin 
Howmi felt the pain of being drug from under the hulking body of the man he had shot. Why am I... awake? The Stormtrooper armor, now shattered, and being stripped off of him, had injected a chemical to waken him. A saftey feature, that would allow him to heal himself, should he black out. However, Howmi was in no condition to heal himself, and the drug would make him endure the pain for at least another 20 mintunes.

Howmi knew that the leg would have to be amputated. The circulation in his leg was completely cut off, and it was already gray. No way it could be mended. It was hanging on by a strip of flesh. He would have to blast his leg with a blaster on a low setting to burn the wound close, after cutting off the rest of the leg. He hoped someone would know that, or else, he would bled to death.

The armor pieces would have to be picked out before they caused perminent damage, but none of this occured to Howmi. He simply wondered why he was alive, before the drugs gave way again, and darkness again covered his mind.
  -----------------------
TRP/PFC Howmi/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RT/Tadath/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Howmi Martin (edited May 29, 2005 10:52:27 PM)]
Raziel
ComNet Veteran

Raziel

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1122
Total Posts:  2873
May 30, 2005 5:48:26 AM    View the profile of Raziel 

Messing with electronics really wasn't his favourite pastime. Coupled with his limited knowledge of starship workings it meant Raziel really wasn't having a good day. He swore under his breath as another faulty connection overloaded the console. He was good at disabling things, shutting down sensors, opening doors, unfortunately all of the breaking had been done for him and he was finding out the putting things back together could be far more difficult.
    The engines were ready to go, but he needed the shield back up before he dared power up the lasers and make a run for it. The Nav-Comp was mostly fried so he doubted it would ever plot routes again.
    He paused for a moment, staying impossibly still. He twisted his head around to look at the bridge entrance. He could make out the distant sounds of footsteps. Armoured soldiers, twelve, maybe thirteen of them. By the timing of their steps some were carrying heavy weaponry or equipment. In a straight fight he wouldn't stand much of a chance given the circumstances. But he never, ever, entered a straight fight.

Angel turned the last corner before the bridge, in a hurry to get the ship going again. He realised as he turned the corner that his feelings had temporarily blinded him. Two full squads were ahead of him, slowly advancing on the open bridge entrance. He skidded to his knees and brought his blaster up to his shoulder.
    Wait he felt the silent command and let his finger rest lightly on the trigger. The first of the soldiers ducked through the open blast doors as he advanced cautiously into the dark bridge. Angel couldn't quite make out what happened next, but something slid around the soldiers neck and hoisted him up.
    Only the soldiers dangling legs were visible through the door, the squad leader started shouting some orders and the squads backed away from the doors, taking aim at the area above the door. Then the soldier broke free, he dropped down to ground and stumbled back out through the blast doors. He hurriedly back-pedalled into his squad mates who started blindly opening fire at the door.
    "Its only one of them, perched above the door!" the soldier shouted. The soldiers began to back away from the entrance, the squad leader calling for grenades. A pair of soldiers spotted Angel behind them now and turned to face him.
    Then the thermal detonator, that Raziel had magnetically attached to the first soldiers armour exploded. At such close proximity the blast ripped most of the squad to shreds, sending body parts and weapons flying through the corridor.

A few bodies still moved, but Angel put an end to that with a few shots. He hurried towards the bridge as Raziel dropped to the ground in the doorway.
    "Slick," Angel conceded.
    "I thought it was rather good," Raziel smiled.
    "How's it coming?"
    "Well if you can get the shields up we're ready to make a move, though I think we need to do something about the pair of shuttles still attached to our hull and unloading troops," Raziel said, pointing to a monitor that showed a force of soldiers pouring onto the ship. "I've shut all the blast doors and activated any ray shields I could, but there are still a few making their way to the cargo hold now,"

-----------------------
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
PL:A/1LtRaziel/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/{EW1} (WoS1) 2x(VP:1) {IG} {CDS} {BoA} {PoC} {BC}
Assistant Squad Leader - Squad4 Wraiths
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.

"God does not play dice with the universe" - Albert Einstein
"Who are you to tell God what to do with his dice?" - Bohr
"God does not play dice with the universe. He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." - Terry Pratchett
CM/DJK Raziel/lion 1-5/Krath/VEDJ/VE (WoS1) (VP1) (VP2)
[This message has been edited by Raziel (edited May 30, 2005 5:49:56 AM)]
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  534
May 30, 2005 9:22:13 AM    View the profile of Kami 
The two Horses sat by Howmi's side, Kami fiercely attempting to get her mind back in working order.

Breathe...

She forced a deep breath into her lungs, attempting to quell the burning anger within her chest. Too many good men had died to protect this cargo, and now, one of her own was hovering close to death.

Breathe...

She flicked her eyes to Howmi who had stirred briefly moments before only to slide back into unconsiousness. His severely wounded leg had been removed minutes before, leaving the private incapable of movement even if he woke. Every instinct screamed at her to run as she sensed the raiders pass closer and closer to their position, but battle tried values held her at her squadmates side.

"Sarge..." Eviscares voice was soft, "We need to move."

Kami clenched her jaw, hating the fact that the private was right. The soft murmur of voices was slowly drifting down the hall, punctuated every few seconds by a swish of air as the raiders checked side rooms for any sign of life.

Hating herself for what she was about to do, Kami came to her feet, then motioned for Eviscares to help her lift Howmi. The private nodded, slung his arms under the private's shoulders, and gently began to slide him forwards.

Letting her eyes dart about the narrow corridor, Kami's gaze focused on an air vent above her. Jumping, she wrapped both hands about a pipe dangling from the ceiling within her reach, then swung her booted feet upwards, smashing the vent inwards. Gritting her teeth, Kami swung herself forwards once again, relying on her upper body strength to carry her up into the small opening. Twisting lithely, she landed with a soft thud, then froze, afraid that the noise may have carried down the shaft to where the raider's were searching.

Hearing no shouts of discovery, she leant over the hole in the duct, then lowered both hands.

"Hurry."

Eviscares let out a soft grunt, heaving the limp form of Howmi above his head to within Kami's reach. After a few moments of maneuvering, the duo finally managed to get the private's upper body within the shaft. Praying desperately that they hadn't further wounded the private, Kami dropped back down to the ground.

Voices sounded again, meters away at most. Taking one last glance at Howmi's form, invisible within the darkness of the air vent, Kami followed Eviscares down the corridor away from the approaching raiders.
After a few hundred meters, Eviscares turned his visored gaze Kami's way, "What now?"

Pushing her concern for Howmi aside, Kami stretched out to Angel, lightly brushing his mind. Eviscares watched his squad leader as she silently conversed with his Fire Team Captain, before turning bright green eyes back to him.

The hint of a grin tugged at her lips, "I have an idea."

She slowed, forcing Eviscares to slow with her, "Angel says that there is an incoming escort shuttle. He and Raz are going to get the shields up, then kick in the engines. But with two gunboats still floating around out there and the two assault shuttles latched onto the hull, the odds are against us."

She smiled, "I think we should even the odds."

Eviscares tilted his helmet, then gave a brief laugh, "Take the escort shuttle?"

Kami's smile widened, "I'll fly the thing if you shoot everything that comes our way."

She gestured down the hall, "Angel can guide us to where it touches down, but we'll need to get some more ammo along the way..."

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

(o^_^o)
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited May 30, 2005 9:36:33 AM)]
Eviscares
ComNet Initiate

Eviscares

Post Number:  124
May 31, 2005 10:21:08 AM    View the profile of Eviscares 
Scavenging some corpses for ammunition and probably grenades. Basically a very simple idea, which promised a good chance of success. But this time it proved to be a little bit more difficult then expected because all the raiders Kami and Eviscares encountered weren't what one would call corpses. And so the two troopers found themselves right in the middle of a close combat. Luckily they had been able to flatfoot their opponents and by this reduce their number to six.

"Six mercs against two of us... That's almost unfair..." Eviscares said while grinning almost like a maniac under his helmet. His blades were once again delivering quick death to the raider who tried to defend himself with his blaster rifle swung as a club. The body of the man dropped to the floor, his chest opened from the left shoulder to the right hip. Immediately Evis approached the next of his enemies.

"I should fight with my eyes closed" Kami replied, her face showing a mean grin while she was playing with her opponent. The mercenary didn't know who he was up against and was trying desperately to hit Kami with a Vibroblade, but she dodged all of his blows. Then as if she had grown tired of him in an instant, she skipped forward and cut the man's throat.

The other soldiers were brave enough to stay and fight but it didn't take for long until they had joined their fellows on the floor. Looting them proved to be quite succesful and Eviscares turned to Kami, his eyes having a mean glare. "Look what I found..." he said and showed two IV-17 plasma grenades to her.

The Senior Sergeant seemed like she couldn't believe her eyes at first, but then hastily grabbed one of the detonators. "You know what Private, you seem to be finding just the stuff I like" she told Eviscares with a wink. "Now hand me over this ammo and lets get going again... We have a shuttle to catch."

"Aye Ma'm" he affirmed, handed Kami the three Powercells and started reloading his weapons. After checking the ammo counters of his guns he looked up at Kami again, seeing that she was finished by now too.

A small tilt of the Head into the direction they had to go, was everything they needed and they were on their way again.

After a short run through the corridors without enemy encounters Kami and 'cares finally reached the doors of the Hangar where the Escort ship was. Using this short moment of protraction Eviscares adressed his Squad Leader: "Do you think that this is our best choice?"

"I think it is our only choice Private" Kami answered, readied her E-11 and prepared to hit the control panel.
"I count down from 3 to 1 and then we go in, 'cares"

"Copy that, I'm ready."

He gave her thumbs up what she answered with a sad smile and the beginning of the countdown.
"3"
"2"
"1"

(ooc:sorry kami, took a bit longer... my mum occupied my pc)
  -----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

Take me out
Burn the land
And boil the sea

Who dares wins!
[This message has been edited by Eviscares (edited June 2, 2005 10:28:27 AM)]
Angel
ComNet Expert

Angel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1737
Total Posts:  3342
May 31, 2005 2:53:01 PM    View the profile of Angel 
"Just a few more.....got it!" Raziel exclaimed. Lights flickered on the Nav-computer as the lieutenant finished his slip-shod repairs. "Its not pretty, but it'll get us where we need to go."

Angel responded in an unintelligble murmur, distracted by doing two things at once. His arms were buried up to the elbows in the wires of the shield systems, desparately trying to find the broken wires that were causing him grief. Meanwhile, he was trying to direct Kami and Eviscaries towards the incoming assault shuttle through the Force.

With his mind split between two places, it was getting increasingly hard to do either task exceptionally well. It was then that his mind flashed to something Kami had said...But with two gunboats still floating around out there...

Two...hadn't there been three?

"RAZ!" Angel yelled, sliding his arms free of the jumbled mass of wires. "Check the radar, how many gunboats are out there?"

Raziel, who had been wiping the grease off his hands on the dead body of one of the pirates, gave Angel a quizzical look, but glanced over at the radar display.

"Looks like...two? Where the sith is the third one."

Cursing, Angel urged Kami onward, sending her strength through the Force. THERE! he sent to her. Stay right there, the shuttle will be there in a few minutes.

Kami whispered her thanks through the Force, brushing softly against Angel's mind. A quick smile flashed across Angel's face, but was replaced by grim deterination as he now focuxed solely on the task at hand.

Almost serpent-like, his arms snaked through the remains of the console. Finally, he located the two wires that were causing him so much grief. A quick burst from the laser torch gripped firmly in his right hand, and the wires joined together.

A dull whine started as the shield generators came online. Angel let out a woot of triumph as he slithered his arms out of the tangled mess and rolled to his feet. A quick flash of emotion...mixed rage and fear flashed into his mind, and Angel knew that the assault shuttle had latched onto the hull of the corvette.

"Raz, I'm heading to the turbolaser battery one level up. Lay in the course for Cepany but wait to start until we've ceaned up the gunboats."

Raziel nodded in acknowledgment, his fingers already tapping the keys of the nav-comp. After following Raziel's example and wiping the layers of oil and grease off his hand on a dead pirate's tunic, Angel hopped in the bridge turbolift and headed up to the awaiting turbolaser.

-----------------------
=[Arrogant Elitist Fire Team Captain]= Iron Horse Squad
AS-2/FTC/SGT Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] {BoA}
------------------------
=[Dark Knight of the Sith]= Eagle Sect
CM/DJK Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Eagle 1-1/Sith/VEDJ/VE/Lopen [VP:1]

------------------------
Fallen....only to rise.
Risen...only to fall.
The circle is now complete:
The Angel of Death has returned
Virius
ComNet Member

Virius

[VE-VEEC] Mr. VE

Post Number:  584
Total Posts:  851
June 1, 2005 12:46:45 AM    View the profile of Virius 
    The three Iron Horseys stood their ground guarding the special cargo. Now it was down to hand to hand combat between the pirates and the three imperials. Virius had his treppus blade out and running white hot its blade vibrating making a soft whining noise. Varron had his claws and JR had a vibrobayonet out and whining hot.

There were a few more pirates coming through the small hole in the door blindfiring as to get some cover and try to kill the vulnerable imperials. The trio would wait until the pirates didn't expect it then they would jump out and either stab them or chuck something heavy in their direction.

A pirate then had a good idea of throwing in two smoke grenades to try and cover their entrance to try and surprise the Horseys. This however lowered the chances of the pirates and equaled the fight.

Virius opened a small burst encryption on the squads channel to try and break through the interference. "Guys, separate and lets hunt these guys down. Also if you find any more smoke grenades, let them fly the cover is needed."

Varron and JR nodded to their ASL and separated to go find something to kill. Virius headed to the back of the cargobay, sheathing his blade he always relished the time when he didn't have to use a weapon. Unless it was his E-11/H, but he loved hand to hand.

Virius crouched low and slowly moved through the smoke in the room. He heard a small clatter of boots to his right and Virius froze, a pirate came through the smoke but didn't see the imperial in time. Hands came out of nowhere and grabbed the pirates head, Virius whispered only one word, "Died tired."

Virius twisted his arms which in turn snapped the scum's neck. Virius brought the enemy's body down slowly and silently to the ground. Grabbing a cryogen grenade Virius thumbed the pin and flicked it away, he kept a hand on the release lever as it won't go off.

Switching to IR Virius saw a heat signature and seeing it was a foe on his FOF Virius tossed the grenade to the feet of the unsuspecting person. The grenade went off and froze the soldiers boots to the floor. Virius watched to see that the man stayed frozen but struggling still.

Virius had an idea and it might work, setting off Virius went to find another pirate to complete his task.

-----------------------
Staff Sergeant
Frank "Virius" Carter
Combat Slicer

Executive Officer - Iron Horse Squad
ASL/SSG Virius/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] [ES1] [WM]
"Duckie!" -- Dr. Mallard
-----------------------
Mr. VE/Mr. VE Virius/Show Host/VE Today Show/VE/VET
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  535
June 3, 2005 3:12:16 AM    View the profile of Kami 
The door to the hanger slid open to reveal the tri-pointed shape of the escort shuttle towards the middle of the vast steel floor. The boarding ramp was hissing as it moved to extend towards the floor, finally touching down with a loud crack. Kami motioned to Eviscares, and together, the two Horsey's strafed to either side of the hanger, rifles trained on the ramp.

There was a brief pause, before the clunking of boots on metal announced the arrival of another half a dozen raiders all of which moved down the ramp into the hanger, weapons slung over backs, easy expressions on their faces. And amongst them...the handsome blue eyed face of Logan, the now ex-VE Captain of the flight of gunboats.

Kami's blood ran cold as Logan laughed at one of his companion's jokes, clearly at ease about the betrayal he had committed only minutes before. He had been the driving force behind the deaths of dozen's of loyal VE troopers, all of whom had placed their trust and their lives within Logan's hands.

Kami's first shot hit Logan's companion in the side of her uncovered face, leaving Logan talking to an attractive woman in one second, and a flaming corpse the next.

The raiders were slow to react.

Eviscares downed two more before Logan and the remaining raiders brought weapons to the fore, returning fire. Kami threw herself behind a nearby mechanics console, feeling the heat of blaster bolts graze past her chest plate as she did so. Pausing long enough to allow Eviscares to draw fire from the other side of the hanger, she stepped out around the console, scouring shots up another raider's leg to send him screaming to the floor.

Then suddenly, her rifle clicked, announcing the end of her ammo supply. Silence from the other side of the hanger suggested that Eviscares was experiencing similar problems.

Logan and the remaining raider took full advantage of the break in fire, sprinting across the hanger floor towards the hanger door. Swearing furiously, Kami began to move from behind her cover to pursue, then was forced to duck as Logan sent a flurry of shots in her direction. His companion slapped the hanger access panel, before the two raiders disappeared from view to loose themselves within the corvette's maze of corridors.

Eviscares was already moving across the hanger to follow when Kami shouted out, her frustration all too clear.

"No 'cares, leave them."

The private skidded to a halt, then came obediently trotting over, "How...?"

Kami reached out for Angel once again,

We're about to take off. If you take care of the two gunboats, we'll take care of the two assault shuttles. Also, be wary. Logan and another just escaped from us in the hanger bay.

Unsure whether the details of her message would reach the Fire Team Captain or not, Kami turned and walked purposely towards the shuttle, Eviscares a step behind. The two Horsey's made their way quickly up the ramp into the shuttle's small passenger compartment.

Kami turned to Eviscares, "It's highly likely that the two assault shuttles on the hull of the Rumbler will have their shields down, as they're not expecting an aerial assault anytime soon. Aim for their weapons first, engines second. I'll try to bring us in as quickly as possible so we don't spoil the surprise."

She turned to move to the cockpit, then paused, throwing a grin over her shoulder, "Oh, and if Angel misses the gunboats, you'll have to keep an eye out for them as well."

Eviscares stood in mute shock momentarily as his Squad Leader disappeared within the cockpit. How she could find humor in the possibility of their deaths was beyond him...

Raising his shoulders in a small shrug at the situation, the private turned and began to make his way towards the mounted dual turbo laser cannon at the rear of the shuttle, the ship's engines coming to life beneath him.

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

(o^_^o)
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited June 3, 2005 3:14:13 AM)]
Angel
ComNet Expert

Angel

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1749
June 3, 2005 3:08:25 PM    View the profile of Angel 
Angel plopped down in the firing chair for the double turbolaser cannon mounted on the top hull of the Rambler, and activated the Heads Up Display. The console in front of him flickered to life, giving him readouts of the gunboats. Putting on a headset, Angel keyed the ship's internal comm-system to reach Raziel on the bridge.

"Standby on those shields Raz. As soon as I fire the first volley get them up."

"Roger that. I'm controlling the belly turret from here, so I should be able to at least make them come your way."

The first of the two remaining gunboats floated lazily into his viewport, Angel keeping the targeting recticle just off of it to prevent a lock from forming. This would keep the pilot from suspecting anything, and woul not set off its turbolaser lock alarms. Angel's fingers gripped the trigger, readying his shot, when Kami's message blared in his mind through the Force.

Logan and another just escaped from us in the hanger bay... A wave of anger and frustration more powerful thyan any Angel had felt from Kami before plowed into him. It immediately jumpstarted the Dark Side flowing through his veins. It whispered to him, calling for Logan's blood, telling him to forsake his comrades and exact revenge for the good men and women who had died today. Bloodrust rampaged through his brain, willing him to take up his saber and cut down those who opposed him...

Taking a calming breath, Angel told himself there would be a time for such things, then focused his power on the gunboat now almost directly in front of him.

A slow smile spread across his face, Sucker... he said himself. Moving the targeting recticle over the gunboat, he pulled the trigger.

Three bursts of pure green light erupted from the ends of the turbolaser battery. The frist set of twin lances hit the gunboat and exploded over the shields. A small explosion of the shield generator on the fighter preceeded the second volley only by a split second. The second volley hit the gunboat, melting the hull into slag. The third ruptured the missile bays, causing the torpedos inside to explode brilliantly in blue light.

Angel was already in motion, tracking the other gunboat. HE could feel the vibrations of the belly turret firing, as Raziel attempted to swat the remaining fighter. Watching his radar carefully, Angel stretched out with the Force and used to it read the mind of the pilot. His smile turned into a full grin as he swung the turret around and held the trigger down.

A sheet of lasers cut right across the path the gunboat pilot was taking. Unable to avoid the deadly stream, the fighter passed into it...and emerged the other side an exploded hulk.

"Raz, get us out of here now." Angel called to the bridge. The lieutenant's reply he didn't hear, as he was already in the lift down to the hanger.

Logan Angel said to himself, using the Force to pop open the small hatch on his armor. Pulling out his saber he removed his helmet and wiped the sweat from his forhead.

You'll pay...

-----------------------
=[  Winner: Biography Comp 2005  ]=
AS-2/FTC/SGT Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [WM] {BoA}
------------------------
------------------------
Fallen....only to rise.
Risen...only to fall.
The Angel of Death has returned...
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  540
June 6, 2005 12:53:07 AM    View the profile of Kami 
The escort shuttle bucked wildly as Kami skewed the ship side wards to avoid collision with one of the now gutted gunboats. The corvette's guns fired again, tracking the remaining gunboat whilst Kami flipped the shuttle on its back to bring her and Eviscares in line with the first assault shuttle leeched onto the Rumbler's hull.

Reaching over, she flicked the comm to the rear of the ship, "Get ready for a pass 'cares."

The assault shuttle loomed up in the escort shuttle's view port as Kami dove at an almost suicidal speed, rivets of flame exploding along its hull as she opened up with the shuttle's three forward facing guns. Without shields, and most likely without a pilot, the shuttle cracked apart as Kami weaved past it, leaving it open to the violently powerful rear cannon manned by Eviscares.

Smiling at the loud yelp of excitement that crackled from the ships comm, Kami dropped the ship's speed, bringing it back around in a sharp turn towards the remaining shuttle. A flash of flame to her left announced the death of the other gunboat, but Kami's eyes stayed firmly on her target, which was slowly starting to break away from the hull to engage them. Flicking the full strength of the escort shuttle's shields to the fore, Kami tracked green laser along the side of the shuttle, the majority of it absorbed harmlessly by the shuttle's shields. Then she was past, exposing the shuttle to Eviscares relentless fire.

The assault shuttle seemed to shudder, before an explosion erupted towards the rear of the ship. Shields flickered and died, followed by another explosion, this one large enough to send flame shooting throughout the ship.

"Nice shooting 'cares." Kami called over the comm, maneuvering the escort shuttle up alongside the corvette's bridge. Sensing Raz behind the reflective view port, she wasn't surprised when his voice crackled suddenly from the speakers.

"If you'd be so kind to point me in the right direction..."

Tucking loose strands of hair behind her ear, Kami reached over, transferring the co-ordinates for Cepany to the wounded corvette.

"Head that-away Raz, I've already sent out a distress call, so stick close until they get here."

Receiving a double click in acknowledgement, Kami set the shuttle's speed to that of the corvette's, then glanced over her shoulder as Eviscares entered the cockpit. The trooper had his helmet off, his cheeks flushed red with excitement. Grinning as his squad leader, he slumped into the co-pilot's chair, then swung his feet up on the console.

"What now?"

Kami winked, thumping her booted feet up next to 'cares, "We wait."

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
TRN/KAD Kami/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE

(o^_^o)
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited June 6, 2005 12:54:53 AM)]
Eviscares
ComNet Initiate

Eviscares

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  149
June 6, 2005 1:02:57 AM    View the profile of Eviscares 
"We wait... but for what?"

It was obvious that Eviscares was at the brink of bloodthirst and would gladly give into it if he could. This little shooting excercise had only got him started.

Still maneuvering the escort ship around the corvette Kami looked at him and showed him a bright smile. "We wait for either the support from Cepany or for some more raiders to blow to eternity." she stated.

"Not sure what I would prefer, Ma'm" D'kaleth answered, still breathing heavily.

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad

Who dares wins!

TRP/LCPL Eviscares/1SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
Angel
ComNet Expert

Angel

Post Number:  1758
June 6, 2005 3:24:41 PM    View the profile of Angel 
Logan wasn't hard to find. His cowardice and fear was like a homing beacon in the Force. The turbolift stopped on the appropriate level, one floor above the cargo hold where the fighting had finally abated. Directing his senses more toward's the fleeing Captain Logan, Angel could only smile as he read the panic and frustration running through the betrayer's mind.

How is this possible...Logan's lung's burned as he ran down the long corridors of the Corvette. His two remaining companions trailed him, frequently looking back to check for signs of pursuit. The plan was perfect. Three shuttle's worth of troops and the remains of Alpha and Beta squads should have been more than enough to take out that one squad...

Logan skidded around a corner, eyes flicking from side to side for a place he could hide. One of his crew slipped going around the corner. Her feer flew out from under her, head connecting with the durasteel in a sickening crunch.

Logan just kept running.

That woman...what was her name...Sharpe? I could've sworn I'd given her  my best impression. They should've been wiped out quickly. It was WHY I was chosen for this mission...my charisma is unmatched...

There was a lound buzzing and an eerie flickering purple-tinted light coming from around the next corner.Should be the bridge turbolift. Disregarding it as a broken electrical line, he didn't hesitate as he flew around the turn...and ran smack bad into something out of his worst nitemares.

Angel stood, armorless, clad only in the black fiber-mesh he wore under his armor. His hair was loose, falling over his face and cascading across his shoulders. His lightsaber was gripped tightly in his left hand, blade pointed diagonally down and away from him. The amethyst light cast gave an eerie glow to the steel hallway. His eyes were closed, but it did not matter: the Force was his sight The Dark Side flowed through him with ravenous intensity. It called for blood. It called for pain. It called for revenge...it called for Captain Logan.

Angel stood, waiting, sensing his prey's approach. A slow, sadistic grin grew on his face culminating in a smile of pure white teeth as Logan darted around the corner. Hel looked up and opened his eyes, now pitch black, the lingering effects of Phoenix still within him.

He thought Logan was about to wet himself.

Logan's companion rounded the corner not far behind the ex-VE Naval Captain. She was looking behind her as she did so, and turned just in time to catch a glimpse of purple light flooding her vision. The traitor's head, face frozen in a look of shock, rolled to a stop in front of Logan.

Locking gazes with the man, Angel extinguished his saber. Using the Force to add  anger and malice to his words, he spoke. "The blood of all these men and women is on YOUR hands Logan. Too many good men and women died here today, and for what? The cargo?"

Logan, momentarily regaining his composure, replied tumultuously, "It was for the money." His right hand, carefully hidden behind his hack, produced a small hold out blaster that had been tucked into his belt. "It was only about the money. And not you, nor anyone else will keep me from enjoying it."

Angel's eyes flicked away as he burst out laughing.

NOW! Logan's mind screamed. His right hand swung around already lining up a shot aimed directly at the mysterious man's face. He pulled the trigger, a victorious smile washing over his face...only to be replaced by pure shock as the bolt disappeared into thin air.

Angel had known it was coming since Logan and skidded to a halt. By the time the man had decided to shoot, Angel was already in motion. His right hand shot up, fingers outstreched. The bolt hit his palm, and his fingers curled into a fist. Reaching deep within the Force, Angel drew the energy from the bolt into himself...

He let Logan dwell in the shock of watching a fully powered blast disappear, then launched his attack. Dashing forward faster than humanly possible, he grabbed the Logan's face in his palm. Pouring the energy from the blaster bolt back through his hand, Angel could hear the Dark Side revelling in Logan's screams.

Pure energy poured onto Logan's face, scorching the skin. His face literally melted, and the sweet stench of burned human flesh filled the corridor. He screamed until his throat was raw. Then his face went completely cold as his nerve endings fried and his face went numb.

As the engergy abated, Angel released the now mutilated Logan, letting him collapse to the ground. The captain curled into the fetal position, softly whimpering at the few flashed of pain still coursing through his body.

"The Courts have better ways of dealing with traitors." he sneered at the whimpering, wrecked form of a man. "You'll be telling them everything you know." Going back to his armor, Angel retrieved the grappling line from the utility belt, then used it to secure Logan to some exposed steel pipes.Reaching out through the Force to Kami, who's shuttle was slowly pacing the Corvette he sent. It's over...

-----------------------
=[  Winner: Biography Comp 2005  ]=
AS-2/FTC/SSG Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/1SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [WM] {BoA}
------------------------
------------------------
Fallen....only to rise.
Risen...only to fall.
The Angel of Death has returned...
[This message has been edited by Angel (edited June 17, 2005 1:08:54 AM)]
Kami
ComNet Member

Kami

[VE-DJO] Krath Adept

Post Number:  542
June 7, 2005 2:22:00 AM    View the profile of Kami 
It's over...

Angel's message flashed briefly through Kami's mind as the space before the corvette shimmered, abruptly replaced by the dominating shape of an Imperial class carrack cruiser. The large ship altered course towards the Rumbler, already broadcasting towards the wounded corvette and her escort.

"Rumbler, this is Commander Saunders of the Crystal Dagger, please respond."

Kami snatched the comm, feeling a wave of pure relief course through her veins, "Commander, this is Sergeant Kami Sharpe of Iron Horse Squad. The Rumbler isn't likely to make it to Cepany in its current state; we've lost our hyper drive engines."

There was a brief pause, followed by the sight of a Lambda class shuttle dropping from the main bay of the cruiser, closely flanked by four ties.

"Understood Sergeant, we have mechanical and medical crew on the way," Another brief pause followed, before the Captain spoke again, his voice decidedly more emotive, "Have you an estimate on the number of survivors on board?"

Kami's hand clenched about the comlink, "My squad, and possibly a few crew members, all of which are badly wounded."

"The cargo Sergeant?"

Swallowing the bitter taste in her mouth, Kami answered, "Still safely locked away."

Static filled the cockpit, before the Commander continued.

"I know this will sound hollow in the face of recent events Sergeant, but I would personally like to thank you and your squad for your heroic actions. You have done the Empire a great service."

Kami met Eviscares gaze, then lowered the comlink, unable to reply. Taking hold on the escort shuttle's controls, Kami steeled herself, then brought the shuttle's nose around to head back to the Rumbler...and the cleanup job that awaited her...

Hours later, Kami sat within the officer's lounge on the Crystal Dagger, having just finished her debriefing with the impeccably dressed Commander Saunders of the VE Navy. Now, he paced before her, conversing quietly with his staff as he contemplated the next step.

Kami's eyes threatened once again to close, as the extent of fatigue and shock brought on by the amubush once again battered her senses. Angel, who sat next to her, slid his hand beneath the table, tightly clasping hers in a gesture of sympathy and encouragement. Virius, who stood as Angel's side, white stormtrooper armor reflecting the blaster scars and dents of heavy fighting, threw an understanding look in her direction, looking close to collapse himself.

The Rumbler's cargo had been immediately moved from the corvette to the cruiser, followed shortly after by the survivors of the raid, some six crew members and one trooper from Alpha Squad. Howmi had also been transferred across, heavily sedated and in critical condition, to the cruiser's medical bays. Early prognosis suggested that it would take weeks for the young private to recover, longer even for him to adjust to his new artificial leg. Kami only hoped that the medics were wrong, and that the healing process would allow him to get back on his feet as soon as possible.

Logan had been transferred back to the carrack under heavy guard, and was also undergoing medical treatment within the medical bay for severe burn scars on his face. Kami had seen the ex-Captain only momentarily, the sight enough to provoke an almost sick sense of satisfaction within her at his fate. He was to stand trial at Cepany, along with two other surviving raiders, all of which would no doubt be broken by interrogation long before they took the stand.

She and Raziel had met privately with Commander Saunders as soon as their feet had touched down on the Crystal dagger to discuss what they had pieced together through their brief contact with the minds of two of the traitors. Kami had no doubt in her mind that the man she had briefly scrutinized was from Cepany, whilst Raziel confirmed this with a hunch of his own. It was rumored that the rebellion movement there had been growing stronger day by day, with the fact that they now dared to openly resist the VE suggesting that their cockiness may have been assured. They had almost succeeded in retrieving the cargo. Almost.

What had scared all three senior troopers so badly however was the extent to which the rebellion had infiltrated into the VE ranks under the guise of loyal members. Indeed, Logan had reached the rank of Captain unnoticed, hinting at the possibility that even the high ranking members of the VE could now be potential traitors waiting for a moment to strike and cripple Empire forces. Saunders, notably pale-faced, had disappeared not long after to send several highly encrypted messages to high command.

She had also met briefly with the rest of her squad, all of which bore battle wounds, and all of which were deeply frustrated. They had achieved a victory of sorts, but in the face of the betrayal committed by Logan and his companions, the victory seemed hollow, and the cargo's continual safety...unimportant. She had spoken quickly to all of them, immensely proud of the way they had stood firm in the face of seemingly unbeatable odds, but well aware that even her gracious words couldn't make them forget the sense of failure that this mission had thrust upon all of them.

The Rumbler had been left behind with an escort and a mechanical crew, both of which would attempt to restore the corvette to working form, or salvage it for valuable parts and leave the ship drifting in space. Kami hoped desperately that the corvette was repairable, for the thought of leaving Captain Tomas's beloved ship for the scavengers was enough to make her feel sick to the stomach.

"...will be a state funeral once we reach Cepany for those killed in the ambush," Saunders was saying, his dark eyes flashing over the three IH members, "If your squad would be so kind to atte...."

"We'll be there." Kami interrupted, coming slowly to her feet, "If we are done here Commander, I'd like your permission to contact my Platoon, and let them know what has happened."

"Already taken care of Sergeant." Saunders smiled, nodding permission at Angel to allow him to step forward to gently support his Squad Leader in a gesture on informality, "You and your men get some rest. You will be notified when we reach Cepany."

Gathering enough strength for a salute, Kami turned and walked from the lounge, Angel and Virius a pace behind her...all three already contemplating the after effects of such a large scale betrayal...

-----------------------
Iron Horse Squad
TRN/KAD Kami/Training 1-3/VEDJ/VE

(o^_^o)
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited June 16, 2005 8:27:41 PM)]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Flight to Cepany (Iron Horse)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 8:33:02 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 59  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >