JMac
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)

Post Number:  1029
Total Posts:  1216
  RE: Naval Story
November 6, 2003 11:10:23 AM    View the profile of JMac 
(OOC:  So far Shazam is in the lead with 8 posts.)

-----------------------
LCM_FL_ JMac/Kaph 3-1/(=A=)(=SA=)(=MA)(=FOCE=)(MC1)

Viva el gato mojado!!!

Semper Fidelis

Lusthawk 12
Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-NAVY] Rear Admiral (RAD)
[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

Post Number:  214
Total Posts:  243
November 6, 2003 11:57:45 AM    View the profile of Daishi 
The surge of being in combat once more allowed Daishi to realise his sense of balance was what was off as he had worked his way out of the TIE Horror and behind a clump of trees.

Trading blaster fire with what remained of the squad that was trying to capture him, he realized his aim was desperately off and an insane charge into the middle of thier formation was equally out of the question.  Best he could pull off with his disrupted sense of equilibrium was keep the enemy pinned where they were.  Fortunately the fool who had opened his cockpit was kind enough to volunteer some blaster clips.

The squad was obviously green and didn't have much of an idea who they were facing.  The poor accuracy of Daishi's blaster fire was helping him in that regard.

Daishi hadn't had the ability to reconfigure his comm from being tied in to the TIE Horrors' systems back to independant operation until a few moments ago but he was too busy keeping a squad pinned down by himself to remedy the situation and radio for help.

Despite his best efforts his fate now rested in the hands of others.

-----------------------
RA(U) Daishi COSOS
"If we had all knowladge then why would we seek what we already know and if we had no knowladge then how could we even ask the question?"  Plato
"Indeceant exposure is fun." Sonatina
"There are at least three sides to any situation." Me

Shazam
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)

Post Number:  650
Total Posts:  4197
November 6, 2003 3:56:55 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
    The mention of the academy had anoyed Shazam, but he took the advice and started darting around with the now tattered peice of vehicle he called a Tie. 
    Bolts flew from the area around the burnt trees.  Shazam smiled as his craft warbled...  Daishi was down there all right.   
    "Alright...  We'd better contact Warmaker.  It appears we have a site.  That clearing with the broken tree's up ahead looks okay for a landing."
    "It's not ganna be a soft one.  Especially in that peice of swiss cheese your flying...  I just sent Warmaker our Co-ords..."  With that, they drifted down into the clearing.
      As they went, Shazam noticed the broken trees and smoking debris littering the ground beneath.  Besides the faint sound of backround fire, the forest was dead silent.  It seemed to be holding it's breath as Shazam made an odd landing with his fighter.  Chipmunk followed close behind.
    Chipmunk exited his fighter first, he held a blaster in one hand, and a comlink in another.  Shazam saw this, and grabbed his own comlink.  He'd already strapped his blaster on.
    "You know anything about ground fighting?" Chipmunk asked wearly as he leaped over a log in his path.
    "Ha.  Probably more than you know.  I had seven brothers, and three females in the family.  My sister's were real bitchs..."  Chipmunk smiled ear to ear at Shazam's comment to his own kin.
    "How bout you?" Shazam asked.
    "You might say I've been in a few fights.  Especially in the Cantinas, heh."
      After about a few miles, Chipmunk weezed...  "I'm not the best runner in the world," laughed Chipmunk.  With that, Shazam slowed his pace a bit.  Chipmunk, not wanting to seem like an old man, sped up hastely. 
      "We're probably nearing the site now. I'll com Warmaker." Chipmunk said as he pulled of his comlink.  He rasped into the comlink, and Warmaker said somethin about seeing ground fire about a half mile away from their area.  Then another thing about rebels running around.  Apparently they had nearly run into the bunker that shot up Shazam.
      Chipmunk and Shazam took off again, going at a bit of an angle as if to catch Daishi.  They guessed correctly and ran into a thick forest area where bolts flew through the air. 
      Chipmunk was chuckling about how Daishi had the entire Rebellion after him, and Shazam was checking to see how many cartriges he had on him.
      Shazam heard a shuffle of feet and ordered Chipmunk to the ground.  The green plants hid the two of them well; Shazam could barelly tell Chipmunk was lying right next to him.  Chipmunk was silent while Shazam's breath hastened a bit. 
      The two of them both clutched their trigger's as the feet neared.  Suddenly, they were upon them.  The man had managed to kick Shazam in the face. and begin a wrestling match with Chipmunk.  Chipmunk made a powerful kick into the man's stomache, and he flew.  As the man stood up, both Shazam and Chipmunk had their blaster's pulled.
      "Holy shit..." breathed Daishi.
      Chipmunk lowered his gun, and started laughing.  A moment later the two of them were embracing.
      "Who'd I trip over?" Daishi wondered.
      "Me..." Shazam raised his hand, then lowered it back down to his face.  "God damn that hurt."
      Daishi chuckled softly to himself.  "Oh, you guy's of got comlinks...  A bit smarter than I was then.  Well...  Who's all out here searching for me?" he said as he noticed the metalic item clipped to Chipmunk's belt.
      "Oh!  Better call up Warmaker...  Sorry...  Forgot to introduce you two..." Chipmunk said as he grabbed his comlink and gestured to Shazam.  "Shazam, Daishi...  Daishi, Shazam.  Shazam's in Polaris..."  The two of them shook hands.
      "Nice to meet ya.  How about we head out before that battalion of Rebels catch's up." Shazam said.
      "Good idea." inhaled Daishi.  Warmaker gave Chipmunk some co-ords and checked off. 
      "We've got a troop carrier coming," Chipmunk sighed.
      "Quite a peice of equipment for little o' me?" Daishi smiled.
chipmunk man
ComNet Member

Post Number:  930
Total Posts:  2064
November 8, 2003 6:02:34 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
    Chipmunk silently cursed himself. He wasn't that much older than Sazam, but he felt like he was middle aged. "Come on, Chip. Kick it into high gear." They didn't have room in their pair of TIE's for Daishi, so they would have to wait for the rescue team. Come to think of it, they probably shouldn't have left their TIE's unguarded...
    Working their way back to the parked TIE's, Chip marveled at the situation. Despite all the awful stress, he had actually gotten to meet and admiral! That was pretty cool. Something to tell his sweetheart when he got home? Ah. There was another interesting train of thought. Unfortunately, if he thought about her too much, he'd lose what little concentration he had left. No, better to worry about getting back to his Interceptor alive. Of coarse, that was provided the Rebel patrols hadn't found and captured the TIE's. Bah, darn mistake to leave them alone. Oh well, the milk was on the floor. No use worrying about it too much. My, how the mind does chatters away in situations like this...
    No, concentrate! They worked their way through a few more yards of dense brush, and nearly broke into the clearing with the TIE's. But only nearly broke through, as they immediately spotted the Rebel patrol waiting for them. Luckily, the Rebels hadn't seen them.
    "Damn, breathed Daishi. Crewman, those your TIE's?"
    "Yes sir. Looks like we aren't leaving with ease. How's your head, sir? Looks like a mild concusion?" Asked Chipmunk. He was fairly concerned. Not oonly did he have to worry about Daishi's health, but whatever Chip did would be under an admiral's scrutiny. Which, of coarse, made for a very worrisome day.
    "Can't think, can't shoot. You figure something out. Just don't let me sleep..." Daishi stepped back a few feet and plopped on the ground.
    Chip turned to Shazam. "Listen, you watch the admiral. Stay low, don't let him go to sleep. I don't know why, but it's what you're supposed to do when someone gets a concusion. They shouldn't sleep. I have no idea what to do about this yet. I'm probably going to try to sneak arround and take 'em from the other side, lead them away from you two. Don't get in the TIE's yet, they're perfect targets. Just wait for the rescue team."
    Shazam nodded his assent, and Chippy snuck off into the brush, wishing he'd had more ground combat training.

-----------------------
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstien

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go." -Randy Travis

FM/LCRW Chipmunk Man/Viper 1-4/Phoenix/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)
Shazam
ComNet Member

November 8, 2003 7:08:07 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
    Shazam sat their with Daishi laying up across a tree...  Man did that guy want some sleep...  He kept trying keep his eyes open, but that would just make him sleepier.  Shazam had to shake him every once in a while. 
    Shazam turned back to the little area where he could see the Ties...  Chipmunk was indeed coming around in back.  A few of the rebels were playing some kind of game with a stone and a stick.  The third man was being crept up on by Chipmunk.  But then there was another Shadow.  A Rebel!
    Shazam grabbed at his holster.  His heart started to beat.  As Chipmunks hands grabbed and snapped the first rebels neck, Shazam bellowed," Chip look out!"
    The rebels quickly turned to the voice, even the man behind Chip looked startled.  Chip saw the oppertunity, and pulled his blaster on the rebel before he had a chance to tackle him.  The other rebels ran for the fight, and Shazam jumped out of the bushes.  He shot the first when in the back, and the third in the foot.
      "Great strategy." Shazam laughed.  "I better grab Daishi.  He might have fallen asleep." so Shazam put his blaster in his holster and scrambled back behind the bushes.
      Chip leaned down to the injured man on the ground.  "So...  I don't suppose you know where your outpost or base is do ya?" He seamed to say this with a gleam in his eyes.
      Just then, Shazam returned with the weary Admiral in his arms.  Chip mearly looked up at the site.  Then he returned his eyes to the injured man.  The rebel seemed to be haunted by Chip's glowing eyes. 
      "Y-y-y-yes..." he stammered, still strucken with fear.
      "Then why don't you tell us.  We were just lookin for a place with a room and some soft beds..." Chip said and smiled maliciously.  For a moment, he looked like a cunning wolf who had just found his prey in an open field.
      "We've got two bunker's about twelve miles from here.  We have a small speeder parked behind those trees over there," he guestured towards some large trees covered by brush.
      Chip frowned.  It appeared a hunter had sprang up from his field...  "You don't know where the base is?"
      "No...  Only the general does." the young seemed to look around in panic.
      "What are you guys ganna do to me." came a frightened voice.
      Chipmunks smile returned...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class

Post Number:  589
Total Posts:  948
November 8, 2003 9:57:20 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
With the effects of adrenaline from battle starting to subside Daishi knew he was in bad shape but he knew he could pull off one last mean evil thing that he had learned from his otherself.

"Well I've got an idea.  We can leave you out here with absolutely no equipement.  What do you guys say?"  Daishi said with an evil grin.

It was more strange then evil he realised but it was about the best idea Daishi had.

"When I have a head injury I make it a rule that my orders and suggestions can't always be trusted.  So feel free to come up with a better idea."  Daishi wispered to Shazam and Chip.

Daishi was content to leave this man's fate in the hands of the crewman anyway.  Sometimes it's good to see how the young react to these kind of situations.  At least they were young compared to Daishi.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Assistant Writer Why Project Copyright Infringment
Ich bin hessliche amerikaner.
Nehmen mir zu dein frauen von vernunftig preis tugendhafte.
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Shazam
ComNet Member

November 8, 2003 10:32:44 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
    They ended up tying the guy to a tree without food or water...  This seemed to be the closest thing to torture, but still be un-barbaric. 
    They only had to wait for about a half an hour for the transport.  A squad of troopers ran out and some officer the three of them were not aquainted with.
    He walked up to them and said," Admiral Daishi?"
    "Yup..." Daishi replied, but he wasn't looking at the.officer.
    "The young officer quickly saluted.  "Come with me, we'll get a medical tent set up right away.  You two have order's to report to the Atrus.  But for the time being, we have to take out whatever Rebel hostilities there may be in the area.  Apparently you've met some already," guesturing towards the man tied to the tree...
    "Ok...  So when do we get to the Atrus?" said Shazam.
    "As soon as we're done here..." the Officer repeated.
    "When's that?" Shazam said anxiously.
    "Whenever we're done Crewman."  With that he took Daishi to a small tent witha medicines surrouding it.
    "Ass..." Shazam muttered under his breath.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
chipmunk man
ComNet Member

November 9, 2003 6:59:50 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
    "Well Shazam, that could be interpreted in two ways. I kinda like the one about killing more Rebels, myself." Chippy grinned. He hadn't felt this bloody in a long time. Wait, had he ever felt this bloody? He didn't think so... Chip was usually a little more on the polite, nervous side. "Saddle up, we're gonna have a little fun with that Rebel base."
    They fired up their TIE's and headed in the direction the prisoner had indicated. "They probably won't have much in the way of defences, being a secret base, it'll help keep them from showing up on scanners. We'll blast what they do have, then straffe the barracks and troops. Heh. See how many of the sons of crack whores we can fry."
    Again he saw Sarah's face. God, how he missed her. She hadn't approved of him joining the military... But he wouldn't think of that...

-----------------------
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstien

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go." -Randy Travis

Shazam
ComNet Member

November 9, 2003 7:54:51 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
    Chipmunk seemed to reply to the off hand order rather differently than Shazam would have imaginged.  Chip seemed to be the type that wanted to stay at home.  Not fighting battles that wern't his.  But there was something different this time.
    Well...  It didn't matter this time...  Shazam had only a little time to prepare himself for their adventure towards the rebel base.  He still had his blaster at his side as well as a comlink.  It was probably more use than his com system.  The hunk of junk buzzed every now and then...
    Chip seemed to be flying offly close to the trees, especially since Shazam's little expierence with the turbo laser cannons...
    "Chip, you ganna be okay flying above the canopy like that?" Shazam asked wearily.
    "No one would shoot at me.  It's a secret base remember.  That's how they're ganna keep it.  Probably have limited rescorces and such.  I'll be able to see much clearer from down here." Chipmunk replied hastily.  Ancious are we, Shazam thought to himself.
    Shazam kept high...  The tree's were quite beautiful.  Some of them held amber colored light that reflected from the falling sun.  Shazam shook his head intolerently...  If he kept this up, he'd never see anything.
    Shazam continued to day dream.  He started to see things connect in odd paterns.  Not irregular to day dreamers. Clouds looked like certain animals, or people he knew.  He returned his eyes to the forest below. The trees even seemed have a pattern.  There were some minor paths almost cut through the forest.  A giant Alliance symbal was cut into the forest.  Shazam had to be dreaming. 
    "Chip...  I think I found something," with that Shazam filled Chip in on the odd detailed forest.  "We're coming up on the center of the icon here in a sec."
    Chip started to rise away from the canopy.  He obviously became more cautious.  The tree's seemed much more ominous, now that the symbal had been revealed.
    "Oh, my god..." breathed Shazam.
    He couldn't beleive his eyes.  Buildings upon war buildings lay infront of them.  A giant hanger bay or two lay at the middle.  Another building, dark red, was surrounded by guards.  This couldn't have been the place our soldier guy was talkin bout.  Unless this wasn't the main base...  Maybe this was the barracks.  Only god knew. 
      "W-W-Warmaker..." stammered Chip.  "We've located a very large settle ment of Rebels.  Hug outpost.  Two hangers on the west side.  And a few dozen war buildings.  They've been here for some time."  He sent WM the quardinates.
      "Chip...  Maybe we should get out of here..." almost as if on cue...  Turbolaser's rang out, and the sound of engines starting filled the two pilot's ears. 

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

November 10, 2003 8:59:34 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Daishi impatiently waited for the medics to patch him up so he could get back to the fighting.

This was the most intolerable part of a battle, being forced out of the fighting by injury and having to wait to exact some vengance while the medics patched you up.

At least Daishi didn't feel like he was going to fall out of the bed just laying there anymore.

"Your sense of balance will competly return to normal in about an hour.  Until then you are grounded."  The medic chirped.

Daishi headed over to a communications terminal and punched a few buttons.

"Warmaker this is Daishi.  I've been forbiden to fly for an hour.  What orders do you have for this old marine?"  Daishi said waiting for an answer.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
"And the sound of many heads hitting many solid objects was heard throughout the land." me
Shazam
ComNet Member

November 10, 2003 2:03:11 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
    Bolts passed Shazam's right side...  The hanger bay doors opened, and out jumped Z-95's...  Directly into the turbo lasers. 
    Chip had never seen an uglier site.  Some ones own turbo lasers nailing allied figures.  Shazam shunned his eyes as another Z-95 exploded from allied fire.
    The two of them sped up menacingly...  Obviously, the z-95's had worked out thier problem and were now after them.  "No more flying low!" Came Shazam's voice as another turbolaser, even larger blasted up at them.  Out of no-where, three tie bombers jumped into the battle.  They dropped bombs on the edge of a hill where the large turrent lay below.  The earth shook, and the turrent wobbled and sunk below it's target area.  It blasted through a couple hundred tree's with it gigantic blast. 
    "God damn you guys got here fast!" Chip nearly yelled into the com.
    "We were in the neighborhood..."  but the voice was suddenly cut off as a second turbo laser began to fire at the bombers.  The speaker was disinegrated. 
    Shazam breathed deeply as the bombers behind him reformed.  Boom!-  The turrent that had been disabled rolled down a hill into a deep crevice, and exploded. 
    "Starting to heat up a bit...  Chip watch your right wing.  Another hanger bay is opening on your left.  Shit, two Z-95's on my back.  Why couldn't we get a TIE advanced squadron or somethin." Shazam shouted into the com. 
    The last thing Shazam remembered before Chipmunk woke him up was the bright turbolaser disinagrating Chip's wing, and crashing into Shazam's right ion engine.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

November 11, 2003 10:27:12 PM    View the profile of Daishi 
[OOC:  I gots me a rather simple idea.  I can't find a good old order of battle for the VEN anymore so I'll just come up with a name for a VSD.  I've seen multiple sources from different publishers stating the VSD can do what I want it to do.  /OOC]

Daishi watched as the two pilots' TIEs colided.

What was supposed to be a straight forward rescue mission to retrieve Daishi had suddenly spiraled out of control.

Daishi reaffixed his VMCA and began to think with a much clearer mind.

While the slightest loss of sense could be deadly while flying tolerances were much looser for ground pounders.

"Captain I need the cordinates for where those fliers went down, a status report of the battle in orbit, status of all ground forces, and a report on the strength of enemy ak-ak positions ASAP.  Ensign pass a message to Warmaker that Shazam and Chipmunk Man are down."  Daishi quickly began sizing up the situation.

What Daishi lacked as a pilot , medic, cook, and technician he more then made up for in sheer tactical brilliance and sharpshooting.

Reading through the information presented in response to his requests in his quick but carefull maner Daishi knew that the balance of power rested with a few individuals right now.

"Get on the horn to Assault Gunboat squadron Tau, VSD Impending Doom.  I have orders for them."  Daishi barked.

"Got them patched in sir."  A nervous ensign replied.

"Tau, you are to provide atmospheric escort for the Impending Doom.  Impending Doom  You are to make atmospheric entry at the cordinates I'm sending on a subchannel and proceed along the indicated course and fire on the designated targets.  Ensign patch me through to all TIE units in atmosphere now.  Pull back into space and let the Gunboats handle this work thier better suited to atmospheric flying then TIEs."  Daishi spouted almost with a smile.

Not many commanders were aware of the fact that a VSD could enter and exit an atmosphere.  It made the ship a very potent bombardment weapon.  The tactic was rare since most planets either didn't have shields sufficient to withstand orbital bombardment or the shields only protected a portion of the planet and commanders would ussually send down ground troops instead in the later case.

Today Daishi was pissed off and he knew exactly what every ship at his disposal was capable of.

"Captain we got exactly two minutes to find those downed pilots.  Three minutes after that to get the hell out of here.  So get your search teams ready to move.  We have thier observed coordinates but we both know how far off those can be."  Daishi was going to be damned if he was going to let those responsible for saving him from that rebel patrol be left behind, dead or alive.

-----------------------
RA(U) Daishi COSOS
"If we had all knowladge then why would we seek what we already know and if we had no knowladge then how could we even ask the question?"  Plato

chipmunk man
ComNet Member

November 12, 2003 7:31:41 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
OOC: Sorry if this post is a little confusing, some of the flashbacks are in my personal story, A Rodents Tale.

A groan, a moan, and Chippy managed to sit up. Oh man, did this battle ever suck! What was that, the second TIE he had wrecked today? The fourth? He couldn't quite remember. His solar panel had been blasted off, and then? Something about ejecting... Yes, there was the ejection seat, 5 yards away. But that meant that Chip had already unstrapped himself and crawled out. How long had he been here? Damn befuddled brain. Concusion? No, just incredible trauma. Nothing broken? Wow, no major injuries, let alone actually being alive. Shazam. Where? Oh, sitting against a stump. He must have ejected, too. Lucky they landed together. Burned wreckage a ways off, seats had done their jobs, carried Chip and Shazam far enough from the doomed TIE's that the Rebels hadn't found them yet. Rebels. Damn the Rebels. They'd stolen Sarah Rob still remembered the goodbye in the magnolia grove, the wind in her hair, her pleading "Please? Stay with me?
    "I have to go, it's my duty..." Chip grabbed his aching head. "NOOO!"
    Shazam stirred. "Wha? Chip?"
    Then there had been the day that they'd met...
    His friend Brian's voice, "You check out that gal in the red dress? Purty, ain't she?"
    What? Brian wasn't here... How? "To tell the truth, I was looking at her friend, in the light gray."
    Shazam was shaking him. How had Shazam gotten here? Chippy had been back at that camp, with Sarah. "Chipmunk? Chipmunk! Someone's coming..." Shazam was right, someone WAS coming. Was it the rescue team? Rebels? No, it was Sarah, inviting him to the dance. The Victorian ball hosted by the camp. But he was in a forest?
    Thank God Chippy was in Viper squa, that extra elite-squad-member pay had gone toward a pilot pack and some dandy weapons. It was getting darker, must've been later in the day. Chipy gripped his comm link. "Commander JMac, are you there, sir? Commander JMac, this is LCRW Chipmunk Man. Sir, someone is sneaking up on my position, is it you? Sir?" No answer. Damn, he had to see! "Shazam, get down. Now. I'm gonna light things up a little." Chip didn't have much in the way of flares, but he did have some white phosphorous grenades. Heh, those "willy-peter" bombs always threw some light. He waited for another twig to snap, closer this time, and chucked the grenade.
    A crash, a flash of light, and 3 rebels were covered in burning willy-peter powder. Screams cut the twilight as Chippy and Shazam hightailed it for a new hiding spot. Chippy gripped his weapons so tightly, his fingers hurt. Let's see, what was left? One more willy peter, 2 frag grenades, a DH-11 blaster pistol, and a very special close combat weapon. Chippy had never used his 8-gauge shotgun against a living target, but it turned paper and cardboard into mush. God help any Rebel stupid enough to ambush them.
    They were running and twirling away from the underbrush. Twirling, just like Chip and Sarah had done at the dance. Oh, how he LOVED the Virginia Reel! It involved smaller groups than other Victorian reel dances, 6 couples in 2 lines, gentlemen facing ladies. Yes, that was right, forward and back twice, then the head gentleman and bottom lady...
    "Chip! Chip, we should stay here, in this ditch. We can use it as a hiding spot and a trench. Chip? You OK?" Yes, yes, good spot to hide. Chip gave Shazam a pat on the back and sat down. Making sure the shotgun was fully loaded, he warned Shazam to stay the Hell away from the gun's muzzel.
    "this thing doesn't look like much, but it'll make you look like a misshapen burger pattie." He tried to concentrate, but couldn't, his head swimming and spinning. Spinning, just like his favorite part of the dance...
    The step that defined a dance as a "reel" was Chippy's favorite, called "chaining-down-the-line." You gave your left hand to a person in the line, did a left-hand-turn, right-hand-turned your partner, then continued with left to the line and right to your partner until you had spun your way to the end of the line. Sarah's dress was a light gray, and in the soft light of the ballroom almost seemed a light blue. It was a Victorian hoop skirt, and just above the hoops was a astel purple ribbon. On her hands were white gloves that looked like thin yarn knitted together. When he thought about it, her dress as almost the same color as the uniform on the approaching Rebels...
    A blaster bolt, a scream, and Chippy fired. He fired twice more, found anothe target, and fired again. Buckshot shredded the underbrush, and a handful of short shrieks pierced the night. Shazam scrambled over the edge of the trench, paused, a jumped back in. "Good Lord, Chip! That's a helluva gun! You blew one guys head off, and another is, well, he's..."
    "Disgusting?" sighed Chip.
    "Yeah! It's sick... Good Lord, that's a nasty thing. Really makes a roar, too. Where'd you get it"
    "I dunno. Imperial Center? I dunno. I wanna sleep..." He closed his eyes, and was back among the blue wool uniforms and swishing hoop skirts.

-----------------------

Daishi
ComNet Cadet

[VE-VEHC] El Presidente*

November 12, 2003 9:20:49 AM    View the profile of Daishi 
Daishi watched the flow of information coming through on a monitor.

Things were about to get interesting.

"Sir we're about to come up on the pilots' position." The now seemingly less nervous ensign reported.

"Blaster fire.  Captain make sure your men are ready to defend themselves.  Let's move."  Daishi ordered as he saw the flashes of a distant fight.

Time was running out before the VSD got here and started pummeling this base at point blank range.  No matter how precise the gunners were at this range the area of effect meant staying anywhere near this base was hazardous to your health.

"All ground forces except this SAR unit are to depart planetside immediately."  Daishi added remembering a group of pilots were trying to fight thier way to him.

To avoid the ak-ak Daishi came up with the crazy idea of turning the ATR into a hovertank by doing a simple refit of the control system to allow such a low power setting on the repulsor lift drives.

The thickness of the trees made it slow going but they were nearly where they needed to be.

The explosion from a phospherous grenade caught Daishi's eye and he knew that the pilots were in trouble but help was almost right on top of them now.

"Lieutenant make for that explosion best possible speed.  Captain I'll get them on board you make sure we're ready to get out of here when we step back on board."  Daishi barked .

Daishi moved himself toward the hatch blaster rifle at the ready.

"We're taking ground fire sir.  We're in position."  The helmsman said over the comotion.

Daishi slapped the open button for the door and jumped out onto the ground running toward the downed pilots.

In a moment the built in optics in his VMCA did thier job and adjusted to the darkness.

Daishi popped a few bolts into a group of rebels trying to engage the ATR.

Running toward the pilots Daishi knew they only had a few moments before hell broke out.  Either from the rest of the patrol looking for the pilots, or the VSD that was on it's way in.

Daishi was staring down the barrel of a shotgun when he came across the two pilots.

"Good thing that armor of yours is so reckognizable of you'd be hamburger right now sir."  Chip said as he lowered the gun.

"Come on time to get everyone out of here.  We've spent too much time doing what ground pounders are paid to do already."  Daishi replied as he helped the two pilots out of the trench.

The trio made a run to the ATR and as soon as they were secure the ATR blasted off toward vacum just as the VSD's guns started rocking the rebel's world.

It felt good to abuse power.

Daishi's euphoria was broken when he saw the mess in orbit.  His talents as a tactician would be needed here too.

-----------------------
RA(U) Daishi COSOS

Shazam
ComNet Member

November 12, 2003 4:05:35 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
    The base...  The fighter crashing...  Chip's shotgun...  Daishi...  It all seemed to happen real quick like.  He only really seemed to be awake when the guns started blasting at the rebels and his concussion wore off. 
    Chipmunk again sat across from eachother...  The white table.  They both smiled wickedly.  "Hell hole...," Shazam said as he motioned to the mess unfolding beneath them.
    "Yup.  I'm ganna get hell as soon as we get back.  I wrecked two fighters in one day.  Some people can't even wreck on and survive. Heh." he chuckled heavilly to himself.
    "Oh well...  Just have to get another one..."  Shazam said briskly.  The two of them laughed for awhile.  Shazam didn't tell Chip about his dreams. 
    When Shazam had finally gotten some rest...  He would dream...  Not normal dreams...  And not mysterious dreams...  He simply dreamed about other people...  Although he had no idea who they were.  Maybe he had seen them once.  Or maybe he hadn't seen them at all.  But Shazam could always remember those who died in his sleep.  Especially, rebels...  This always made him uncomfortable when people talked about how many of the enemie they killed.  He could see their faces.  A father, a brother, a cousin...  This had always been a problem.  But he knew he could fight it.  And he normally did.  But for some reason, Chips shotgun brought back memories.  Never the less.  He had more important things to think about.  And so did Chip.  So he wouldn't bother him with his dreams...  Or, for that matter, Chip's dreams.  He had heard him earlier on the planet raving about a grey dress and a girl named Sarah.  He felt sorry for the young man.  But it passed.
    Shazam walked to the window and watched the fighting roll on.  Bolts flew around...  Fighters exploded.  "Madness..." Shazam muttered under his breath and went to the Bridge for orders.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

November 13, 2003 6:29:27 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Daishi was firmly planted at the tactical map watching the projections of ships buzz around each other some flicker out of existance others flash in to replace them.  The replacements were coming slower then the fighters on both sides flicked out.

"We're too evenly matched in every regard."  Daishi muttered as he watched his counterpart in the rebel fleet match every move.

Daishi studied his enemy even more intently.

By ordering the VSD and squadron of GUNs into atmosphere to extract some vengance on the rebels there a small hole had opened in the VEN's formation and Daishi watched as his counterpart tried to exploit it.

Fortunately fate had been kind to Daishi and a valiant effort by T/F group Beta had closed the hole but at terrible losses.

"Get every craft back in the hangers that can carry warheads to be refitted with concussion missles instead of anti-warship torpedoes.  Time for an old but very usefull trick."  Daishi passed his order to a commtech.

Many commanders would divide thier forces according to what they did best and have those craft do that role.  Daishi had seen on more then one occassion a commander outfiting even his heavy bombers with anti-fighter weapons and having everything go after enemy fighters.  The tactic in this situation would force the enemy to do the same but since Daishi seemed to have the initive in this idea the VE would have an edge.  If the enemy didn't go with the same idea thier fighters would be wiped out piece meal.  Basicly it would tip the scales in the favor in the VEN no matter what.  At least for a while.

Daishi watched as with the efficiency of well trained and expierienced technicians fitted out the craft according to his specifications.

The craft began to flow out of the hangers and slowly but surely the perimiter began to reform as the now suddenly suprised rebel pilots had to evade missles from T/B groups.

Daishi knew his counterpart was issueing the same orders to his fighters, but this gave Daishi an advantage.

The orders didn't even have to be given.  Seeing the fighter cover suddenly reduce the VE capital ships began to close on thier prey.  It wouldn't last long and there were still enemy fighters out.

Battles were won and lost more on luck then skill, and Daishi knew this all too well.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
chipmunk man
ComNet Member

November 13, 2003 7:34:26 PM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
    "My God," Chip thought to himself, "they're actually letting me in a fighter again!" He had been huddled in the lounge, dejectedly sipping a SunDrop, and waiting to be summoned for his demotion. Instead, he had been rushed to the hangars and stuffed in another TIE. The grease monkeys were outfiting every fighter available with concusion missiles, and Chip could guess why. Rebel fighters were probably everywhere, and the Admiral wanted to fix that. He watched a very impatient Polaris crewman waiting to be outfitted, and was amazed at the kids insolence.
    "Yo wrench head, hurry it the Hell up!" It didn't take long for wrenches to actually start flying at the pilot. Ha. The moron.
    Well, these missiles would make it easier to kill the Rebels. His mind drifting, Chippy thought about the little battle he and Shazam had fought on the surface. Good God, it felt good. Just knowing that he had GOT ONE OF THOSE FREAKS! Chip hadn't mutilated just any Rebel. It had been one from the list. Oh, that damn list! When he had joined the VE, he hadn't expected to actually find any of the five men. BUT HE HAD! He had fired his shotgun for a reason. And he hadn't stopped with one shot. No, he'd shot the freak 3 times. It was the tatoo that alerted Chip. The tatoo on his left cheek that Sarah had described...
    She hadn't even wanted Chip to go. Had said she didn't care, it didn't matter to her. But it HAD mattered to HIM! By God, he couldn't just SIT there, not after her story! But he'd managed to cross the first man off his list. Heh. Four to go.
    "Your all ready, crewman. Good luck out there."
    "Thanks pal. If that Polaris kid gives you any more trouble, chuck some more wrenches at him."
    "Ha! Will do..."

-----------------------

Shazam
ComNet Member

November 13, 2003 7:58:58 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
(Note:  That quote I bring in is actually credit to my Shotokan Karate Teacher.  Lol.)
    Chip had just taken off...  And Shazam was being told off by a wrench head...  And Daishi was giving orders and creating strategies...  Kind of an Odd three.  But all in the same spot.
    Although Shazam had grown to give respect to both Daishi and Chip...  He really needed to improve on his respect for others...
    His father had once said...  "You first have to be able to control yourself, in order to control another..."  Unfortunetly, Shazam lost his temper all too often, and found himself in predicaments he was never too sure to get out of.  Never the less.
    "The show must go on..." Shazam muttered to himself as he lifted off and followed in suite behind Chip and a few other missle and warhead equiped fighters... 
    Shazam ran the orders through his mind for a moment or so...  Then shook his head.  He felt very comfortable in the cushy seat of his TIE.  Very comfortable...  He started to drift, feeling as if he could sleep...  There was only a few moments to dream off into space before the battle began...  But was a great few moments they were... 
    The first shot was fired...

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
JMac
ComNet Veteran

November 14, 2003 5:12:47 AM    View the profile of JMac 
Jarred by a tingling in his conciousness, JMac dove left, just in time to avoid being vaped by another turbolaser blast.  The brilliant green bolt of energy left a smoking crater in the duracrete that he had stood on a few moments ago.  Chunks of twisted metal bounced off his force-infused armor, burnign his exposed face and hands.  In all the hells of the Sith, why had they decided to reign down a planetary bombardment on his position.  True, it was taking out the Rebels, but stang it all, he had been having fun. 

After finding Daishi in the hands of two of the ugliest looking pilots he had ever seen, the dark jedi had taken off to cause a disturbence in the base, giving the landing team enough time to get in, and trying to take out the anti-air cannons.  He'd succeed at taking those out, mere gaurds were no match for the power of the dark side, and since then had just been having some fun with knives.  The poor rebels couldn't find him, couldn't see him, and had been busy wetting their pants when all hell had broken loose.

Up ahead, a part of the wall had been blasted away to rubble.  The smell of ozone filling his nose, JMac sprinted to it and dove as another green blast cut the ground just a few meters behind him.  He rolled, and was back on his feet in a heartbeat, sprinting back towards his ship.

JMac yanked his comlink, which had been turned off so that it wouldn't give him away, off his belt, and sent a quick querty to Liquid.

"Emporers bones, JMac where have you been?  Daishi has been recovered, and they've started a bombardment on that base that you found."

"You don't say."

"I do say, and we're already orbital.  Get your ass up here, they've gotten reinforcements and we need help."

-----------------------

Viva el gato mojado!!!

Semper Fidelis

Lusthawk 12
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

November 14, 2003 8:52:48 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
[OOC: Time for a little more magic it would seem.  /OOC]

Daishi felt utterly satisfied as he saw the damage analasys report from the bombartment fill one of his display screens.

Sometimes it was good to abuse one's rank.

Daishi kne he'd probably have hell to pay later for such a gross misuse of his authority, but that'd be later.  Right now he was contributing to this battle in the best way he could possible.  Forning tactics and strategies.

A few stragling craft were just now launching from the hangers and the rebels were already sending out thier own missle armed craft to counter.  The brief numerical advantage they had was starting to disapear.

Daishi was most annoyed at the loss of his TIE Horror.  Only two were ever built and Trigit had the other one.

Time to make the rebels pay for this indignity.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Shazam
ComNet Member

November 14, 2003 7:19:30 PM    View the profile of Shazam 
(Note:  Spose I'll have to get myself captured...  And I'll drag you along Chip for the fun of it...  Also...  Leave me on the ship for one more post.  I have an Idea...  yes...  idea...  And...  BTW, I break some technical rules  of a tie advanced.  So lets just pretend I got in another ship in that last docking bay...  And all this stuff I say is possible... )
    Shazam had been stuck out there for more than an hour.  He didn't get the chance to hit anything.  He had a major malfuntion, and had been ION'd.  "Damn, stupid..." he swore for a little while.  He was out away from the battle.  Chipmunk and a few others where having a hell of a time blasting at things.  Chip had made a few dents.  That was until he was ioned by the damned Y-Wing going around. 
    Why the hell were they disabling us, Shazam said to himself.  Didn't really matter.  They'd be rescued with in a few hours.  Shazam hadn't seen the cruiser behind him until his fighter suddenly jolted.  He was being picked by a tractor beam!
    "Son of a bitch!" Shazam bellowed and banged his fist onto console.  He pushed buttons...  Nothing.  He flipped the power switchs and control panels.  Looked for readings from a panel or deflector or somethin.  Nothing. 
    He swore for a while...  Shazam went back down to his console, and ripped open the bottom hatch to the circut boards.  Wiring fell out of the bottom shaft.  Now what did I learn in technician school bout this stuff, Shazam said to himself.
    His tie was turning straight towards the enemy ship.  Power...  That's what it was.  Red plate...  Console...  Shazam started humming his jazz music as he looked around the various boards.  He continued to swear to himself. 
    Something beeped...  He looked up suddenly...  Frozen.  "What the hell was that," Shazam breathed silently.  He pulled up a red circut board.  Fried.  He noticed a few long and thick wires about three inches in circumfrance layed along the floor.  Shazam had udderly confused himself... 
    The enemy was closer now.  Bout fourteen meters away.  "Shit...  Shit... Shit..."
    He started to randomly connect and disconnect things.  Suddenly one of his displays lit up as he changed a battery around.  A missle...
    Apparently it had shorted out before hand.  And apparently he had just fixed it.  The fighter wasn't directly aimed at the hanger bay waiting before him.  About 30 degrees off of a main target.  Problem was, even if he got free from the tractor beam.  What good would it do.  He would only drift and be captured again. 
    The cruiser was now only about five meter's away...  Too close for a missle.  He messed with the circut board some more...  His missle display went out.  His lasers came on.  Shazam chuckled and let out a hideous laugh.  Apparently his sudden weight change had made an effect on the fighter.  He rolled very slowly.  His turbolasers came in perfect contact with the hanger.  He pushed the trigger.  Nothing.
      "SHIT!"
      Just then a fighter came around completely out of control firing lasers all about.  Chip's ship was twirling madly towards the cruiser.  He was pulled into the tractor beam and flew into the hanger at about medium speed.  Shazam's fighter suddenly swung with great force.  His body swayed against one of the walls.  The tractor beam inside the cruiser was let loose.  It swayed menacingly and pulled Shazam into the hanger.  Gravity suddenly came over Shazam and his legs went weak.  He crashed into a display at the top of an control room.  The rooms lined the top of the hanger bay.  The entire right side of Shazam's fighter flew off into another room.  Control room...  It exploded and peices of the solar panel flew menacingly, the shrapnal hitting an officer.  He fell out of the broken window next to him and down onto the hanger bay floor.  Chips ship was landed on the smooth, but scarred floor.  Smooth landing.  What the hell, Shazam thought just as he blacked out.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited November 15, 2003 9:29:14 AM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

November 15, 2003 12:16:29 AM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
The drone fighter squadrons were nearly exausted, the piloted squadrons were nearly exausted, and there were problems all around the battle field.

Daishi had admit he was a bit out matched.  The tactis and strategies of his opponent were just as cunning as his own, but the advantage went to the rebels.  Even with shields installed to a TIE the superior durability of the fighters of the rebels gave them a significant advantage.

To make matters worse a cruiser had flanked the fleet and was picking up downed pilots, and not just thier own but VEN pilots as well.

Unless Daishi came up with another brilliant idea this was going to be a very bad day for him.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Shazam
ComNet Member

November 15, 2003 12:35:50 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
(BTW:  I just got promoted to LCRW...  Spose I'll add that in...  Make it interesting...  And I'm ganna use my explosive blaster packs idea too...  Let's stay on the ship for a few more post Chip.)
Shazam woke up suddenly, it had only been about 5 ten minutes since he'd blacked out...  But it seemed he'd been a sleep forever.
    He got out of his completly destructed TIE, and looked around for the closest enemy.  Nothing.  There were a few dead officers laying on the ground, and a guy who had fallen out of the window beside him.  Shazam pulled out his blaster anyways, and made his way to Chip's TIE.  "Chip, it's me, Shazam.  I'm ganna open the hatch, don't shoot."  He didn't even have to open the hatch, Chip jumped out quickly. 
    "Wondering when you would come around.  I was salvaging for a few moments in the back of the hanger.  Looks like theres some things we could use to get out of here."
    Chip suddenly noticed the medal hanging out of Shazam's pocket.  "Wooo, what's that," he said as Shazam tried to stuff it back in his pocket. 
    "I got promoted to LCRW.  They told me back on the Atrus.  And that's why I was being such a jackass to one of the hanger bay operations crew.  Felt a bit on top of the world there for a second."  He smiled grimly. 
    "Ha.  Good for you.  Now you can't call me old man." Chip seemed to be happiest about this.
    "Also, I got moved to Kaph squadron.  Interesting change in developements." Shazam said as they entered one of the backrooms in the hanger bay.
    "Yes it is...  By the way...  I havn't seen any rebels yet...  We must have killed all of them when we jetted in here.  That reminds me.  I got in here when I was flying across your path..." Chip stopped to gulp quickly," When I flew into the tractor beam line."
    Chip slung his shotgun over his shoulder, and grabbed at a blaster hanging on the wall.  Shazam suddenly became aware of the amory wall, and started grabbing things as well.
    "Wow, look at this stuff.  Think we'll be able to take this place out alone.  I mean it's just you and me.  Then again.  That shotgun looks worthless...  I was wrong about that as well..."
    Chip smirked, and made a last grab at a drawer full of data disc.  "What the hell are these..." Shazam said grabbing into the pile too. 
    "Dunno..." Chip said.
    "Oh well, put some in that bag over there, and we'll take 'em with us...  We'll see what else we can scroung up."
    "Good idea."
    With that, Shazam grabbed another sack for blaster packs...
    "Shazam, don't take all of those...  They are just ganna were you down."  Chip stopped abruptly just before they went through a blast door.
    "Well, one time, on a Holo Movie, this guy taped two blaster packs together, and the opposite charges created an explosion or something.  Just incase...  I mean, if we want to take out this ship...  We need some explosives right...?"  Shazam explained.
    Chip nodded his head quietly, and they opened the blast door.  Simotaniously, an explosion rocked the ship, sending things off the walls.  Shazam ran to the nearest outlook spot.  As he looked out the hanger, he watched the Atrus under full missle attack.  And another nearby crusiser had just detonated.  What the hell was goin on.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
My Real Bebop: (=A=)
[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited November 15, 2003 1:09:13 PM)]
Kuroishi
ComNet Member

November 15, 2003 11:09:05 PM    View the profile of Kuroishi 
Daishi was starting to wonder if anything would go his way in this battle and then suddenly it hit him.

"Have the Foxglove and the Impending Doom rendevous at coordinate alpha zero one one mark delta zero one three zeta gamma one four four.  Once there they are to procede on course one zero five mark zero nine four zeta zero zero zero at best possible speed."  Daishi had been watching his opponent.

Finally Daishi had seen a weakness in his opponent's flank.  He had neglected the VSD Daishi had ordered into the atmosphere to provide ground fire.  Now with a FRG on it's way to provide support, the duo were about to lay waste to a group of Corelian Gunships that had been left with no nearby capital ship support.

The nearest capital ship was a CRS to the Gunships.  If it came to engage, between the VSD and FRG it would be a waste of a CRS.

Next Daishi started to formulate what to do about the CRS that had flanked the fleet and was picking up everyone's pilots.

-----------------------
Kuroishi Wraith VEA
Daishi Raptor VEN
Shazam
ComNet Member

November 16, 2003 10:26:06 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
(HA...  Rambo style...)
    Chip and Shazam stopped behind a corner leading to an office at the end of a hall.  Shazam peeked around the corner to see a man checking something at his desk.  Chip jumped out behind the corner and knocked the man out with the butt of his pistol.  He replaced the pistol in it's holster and moved the man into a closet. 
    How convinient Shazam thought to himself as he moved behind the desk the man had been at erlier.  "Alrighty...  We are here," Shazam said pointing to a spot on a holomap on the wall.  Chip glanced over, then returned to watching the corner.  "Bridge...  Generators...  Maybe one of these disk will come in handy," Shazam said as he slipped a disk in and saved the map. 
    "Alright, I got an idea...  Instead of blowing this thing up...  Well...  We could...  Why don't we capture it?  That'd be huge.  Or atleast gain conrol of the hanger bay so we can have some of our fighters get in.  Or maybe a troop carrier to get over here and drop of people off." Chip was getting excited now... 
    Shazam chuckled to himself, then Chip started in too...  "Ok."  Shazam said abruptly.  They stopped laughing.
    "Ok." Chip ended.  "Lets go to the bridge.  But first let's set some boobie traps."  Sudenly seven rebels walked around the corner.  Chip started rapid fire and took down three rebels.  The other four turned back around the corner, blasters withdrawn. 
    Shazam took the tape he had grabbed erlier, and taped two blaster packs together.  The negative charges started to heat.  He connected another two...  and then another...  Bolts flew over Chip and Shazams' head as they continued to duck down.  "Watch this..." Shazam said and threw one of the packs over the console. An explosion went off sending off alarms everywhere.  The remaining rebels fell down, only to replaced by a small firing squad running over to see what was going on.
    Chip pulled out his shotgun...  The small firing squad was no more... 
    "We gotta get out of here and get to the bridge." Shazam bellowed out over a small exploasion from a blaster pack.
    "Which way," Chip answered back.  Shazam pointed up one of the wide corridors.  "Three, two, one...!"  Shazam yelled and dived out of the console into the corridor as Chip let out a last Shotgun shot before he too dived.  They sprinted down the hall way, firing backwards every once in a while.  Shazam stopped right in front of a gunnery door.  "Just a sec..."  Then shazam grabbed one of his last blaster packs, and threw it in the gunnery.  "RUN!"
    Chip began to sprint as well as Shazam, the explosion went off and they flew onto thier stomachs.
    "God damn!"  Chip laughed.  "I suppose those explosives are your specialty.  Ha."
    Shazam shrugged.  They slowly got back up.  Shazam pulled out his blaster.  They opened the doors to the bridge.  A woman at her console looked up shocked.  Shazam turned and shot a guard who had come up behind them.  The control room became choas.  Chip jumped up onto a deck and pulled out an infantry rifle he had retrieved from one of the rebels.  He aimed carefully at the bridge commander who was running around in confusion.  The commander dropped at the acurate shot.
    Shazam picked up a peice of charred metal, and nailed a young man at the com controls on the head.  "Shit...  I'm out, throw me that blaster Shaz!" Chip shouted as a sudden barage of bolts blasted towards him.  As Shazam threw it up, a bolt grazed him on the shoulder. He yelled in pain, but regained his composure and jumped behind a console for cover.  "You okay?!" Chip yelled behind the console. 
    "I'll be fine," Shazam answered back.  The doors to the bridge opened to a fresh squad of rebels, who fell into Shazams fire immedietly.  They lined the doorway.  A large pile had appeard.  Chip let out one last shot and took out a young man with a blaster. 
    Shazam got up and dragged the people who had piled up in the door way, and jammed the doors shut.  "We better get on the com to Daishi and tell him he has another ship." Shazam smiled as pain etched in his shoulder. 

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
[This message has been edited by Shazam (edited November 16, 2003 10:26:58 AM)]
chipmunk man
ComNet Member

November 16, 2003 10:45:30 AM    View the profile of chipmunk man 
    If Chip was upset before, now he felt like shooting himself. Stuck on a damn Rebel cruiser. After being stuck on a planet behind enemy lines. And getting shot down twice? Thrice? Hell, by now his luck was probably gone. He'd already asked God for more favors in one day than in the rest of his life...

He sighed, and loaded his shotgun. His trusty shotgun. Well, even if he didn't get off this damn ship alive, he might find more of the men on his list. If one was in the area, maybe there were more? Damn Rebels. The scum didn't deserve to live. Especially the five from the list. Chip intended to give those piss-heads the worst death imaginable.

Come on, Shaz. I don't know how in Hell we're gonna get oughta here, but if I'm gonna die I wanna kill all the Rebels I can first. And I have a few in particular...

-----------------------

Shazam
ComNet Member

November 16, 2003 11:35:00 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
(I'm ganna take a character out of my story "Follow" on the main comnet.  I didn't give this guy a name.  But Shazam knows him...)
Shazam sighed at Chipmunk as he picked up weapons.  "We've got orders from the Atrus to open the hanger bay for Imperial troop arival.  I've already disabled the guns to the ship.  Entered a new incription as well,"  Shazam said.  Chip smiled and walked to the blast door.  "Alright.  Let's do this." Chip said and threw Shazam a third blaster.  The blast doors opened.  They went down the row and obliterated the gunman.  They gathered everyone in their cabin's for prisoner, and locked them in cells.  They needed to secure the ship before they could let anyone in, so they continued on thier rampage of death and capture.  The amount of suprise on the ship was incredible.  Even though they were in the middle of a war, they were always surprised when Chip and Shazam walked in on them. 
    Chip had found another person on his "list" apparently, taking time to toture him first.  He head the name Sarah several times. 
    They'd taken the entire ship over.  Shazam and Chip smiled when they reached the hanger bay.  There smiles faded when they saw a rebel troop carrior floating down to the shiny surface.  The two of them ducked for cover.  The rebels had not seen them.
    "Crap...  As soon as that door opens..."  Chip started, but Shazam cut him off.
    "Wait...  Let them check in first. That way they won't send more."  Chip nodded.
    The rebels filed out warilly, and a man in dark clothing accompanied them.  "The area is secured," a Cammandor talked into his com.  The  man in the dark cloak lifted his hand slowly.  Then lowered to the ground, and withdrew a silver cylinder. 
    "Synopsal..." Shazam breathed silently. 
    "You know him?" Chip muttered.
    "Yup.  He's a jedi master.  We gotta get out of here.  We wouldn't stand a chance around him...  Shhhhhh...." Shazam said as the lightsaber ignited.
    "Crap...  He knows we're here." With that Shazam jumped up and shot down two troopers.  Chip followed suit and began heavy fire with his shotgun.  Synopsal jumped into the air, spinning behind the transport to avoid the shotgun fire.  The men who flooded out of the transport were slotted by the automatic Chip handed to Shazam. 
    "How are ya Shaz!?"  Who's your little friend?" Synopsal bellowed out maliciously.
    Shazam and Chip sprinted behind a corner and through a blast door.  They shut the blast door just before Synopsal reached them.  Chip shot the console to jamm the doors.  Synopsal's blue lightsaber crashed into the blast doors.  He stabbed into the doors with rage.  He floated towards the two imperials. 
    "Let's get back to a secure spot.  Better get JMac or Liquid up here." Shazam said. 
    "How do you know that guy,"Chip interupted.
    Shazam stammered for a moment then said," He killed my father's friend Lea.  He was after my father, and Lea sacrificed himself for my father."
    The two of them didn't talk until they reached a corridor.  Shazam charged the entire sack of Blaster packs on the ground.  He set a string infront of the blast doors, then connected the string to the trigger of a blaster.  The blaster was aimed directly at the pile of packs.  "That otta hold 'em.  If we need to, we can circle around through another corridor.  Let's go."  Shazam said. 

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
Liquid
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant (1LT)

Post Number:  612
Total Posts:  679
November 16, 2003 8:28:00 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
Shazam quickly found his comm in his pocket and called over to the Atrus.

"Could you spare a few guys to come over...we gots a small problem here."

"Of what sort?"

"Jedi."

"Oh, ummm....shit."

"Yeah, that's what I thought."

"Someone will be over shortly."

--------

Daishi's mind started running through various tactics and options to replace the two fighters that had been devestating the competitiion. "Stag, we really needed JMac and Liquid's skills for this one. Maybe they won't take too long over there."

--------

"JMac, you coming?" Liquid shouted as the other Dark Jedi left his craft in shut-down mode.

"Yeah, just let me grab one more thing." He opened a small hatch on the side of his craft and pulled out a bag that he attached to his hip. "Now I'm ready."

"Let's do this."

"How do you think we'll be able to take down a Dark Jedi Master?"

"Well, I figure most Jedi were taken out by good ol' Palpatine's Jedi purge, so this guy can't possibly be as good as he says he is."

"Good point, anything else?"

"He's wearing a black robe. Come on, what kinda sissy wears a black robe?"

"We do."

"Oh yeah," Liquid said.

"Yeah, let's just gang-rush him and get it over with."

"We could try that...or." Liquid smiled as his brain worked wonders. "Let's find a computer console first. These old ships should have some sort of security for us to tamper with to our advantage."

"There you go with your hacker shit again, this is going to be the death of us."

"Hopefully not."

-----------------------
Dark Jedi Knight Liquid of the Dark Jedi Order
Warrant Officer 1st Class of the Vast Empire Navy

ph34red by many

are you man enough?
Shazam
ComNet Member

November 17, 2003 9:09:54 AM    View the profile of Shazam 
(This ones for the DJO!  If only, if only...  *Sigh...)
An explosion was triggered, but Shazam new that the Jedi Master was not dead.  Just stopped for a few moments. 
    Shazam and Chip waited for about an hour trying to keep thier eyes sharp.  There wasn't even a sound.  Silence filled the empty corridors.  Chip peeked around the corner...
    Suddenly there was a blur of a black cloak and Chip was uncontious.  "Thought you could run eh?" the Jedi smiled maliciously. 
    "You'd think so," Shazam quircked quietly to himself.  Chip suddenly grabbed the Jedi's leg only to be minorly grazed on the arm.  Shazam sprinted down the hallways, past half melted blast doors.
    Suddenly the Jedi master was infront of him.  He chuckled and picked up a piece of rubbel and threw it at Shazam using the force.  The rubbel nailed Shazam in the hip, sending him to the ground.  A little rock, thought Shazam.
    "Now it is your turn..." the Jedi said.  Shazam ready to except death stood on his knee waiting for the final blow. The lightsaber ignited, and Shazam could feel the cruel heat.
    The door opened behind the Jedi.  The hanger bay doors were open!  The jedi turned quickly, and lept aside into the empty hanger bay. Suddenly JMac and Liquid jumped into a serious of attacks from all sides. 
    The Jedi master suddenly became faster.  The speed at wish the lightsabers moved was incredible.  And JMac and Liquid could damn near see eachothers moves before they happened.  Everyone seemed to be moving together.  Chip came behind Shazam with a blaster in hand.  Only to stop at the site unfolding before them.
    Liquid jumped over the jedi with speed and started a series of fast attacks.  JMac came behind Synopsal intending to make a kill strike, only to be blocked by a behind the back swing just before he continued to perry Liquid's next strike.  Liquid and Synopsal Deadlocked and JMac began a force choke on the bewildered Jedi master.  Synopsal quickly kicked Liquid in the face, and force pushed JMac backwards.  Synyopsal dropped to the ground and leapt after JMac.  JMac wasn't up quick enough, but Liquid was.  The Jedi jumped just as Liquids saber swung underneath.  By this time, JMac was up, and wasn't ganna fall down like that again. 
    Simotaniously, looking into eachothers eyes for a moment, Liquid and JMac made heavy swings at the Jedi Master.  Unbaleivably, the Jedi Master twirled, lightsaber clutched infront of him, and blocked both strikes. 
    Still Chip and Shazam watched in amazement. 
    It was JMac's turn as the Jedi Master force pushed Liquid into a wall underneath the destoyed control rooms.  JMac began twirling and striking with decisive acuracy.  The two force users were now inches from eachother striking and blocking as fast as they could.  JMac headbutted the Jedi and made to stike Synopsal in the chest.  Synopsal recovered fast enough to block the strike.  Where was Liquid?...  JMac searched his feeling and thoughts.
    Liquid was at the controls of thier transport.  JMac smiled as the hum of the engine started.  The two force users stopped the fighting for a few moments and started pacing in a circle...  JMac switched the direction, and they started going counter clockwise.  JMac led Synopsal into the path of the turbolasers.  Suddenly, Liquid his the trigger, and Bolts flew at Synopsal.  The Jedi Master Jumped and dodged the bolts, and continued a synister dance with JMac.  The two of them leaped and struck eachother while the blast went off.  Walls crumbled as the bolts hit them.  Glass was shattering everywhere, making a kind of snow fall over the two remaining fighters.  JMac made and incredible movement, sminning, Lightsaber held out to full extent, faked and upper strike, and summersalted into a side strike position.  JMac had the complete upper hand.  Liquid stopped firing and jumped out to join the fight.  The two of them fought the Jedi Master into a corner.  JMac forced pushed the Jedi master into the corner.  The jedi hit the corner with great force, enough to make him near drop his lightsaber.  Liquid made a fast movement, going low then high on his left side, and cut off the Jedi masters left wrist.  He screamed in pain.  JMac started the lighting.  The jedi had dropped his saber by this time and was just trying to keep with the pain that was being forced down on him.  Shazam ran out to the scene and stopped JMac wearilly.  Chip followed.  JMac read Shazam's thoughts and stepped back.  Shazam looked down at the Charred man before him.  He drew his blaster, and shot the Jedi three times.  Not knowing where he actually shot him...  But he killed him.  Shazam's grief was over.  The two DJ withdrew thier lightsabers.  "Thankyou..." Shazam breathed.
    Liquid patted him on the back, and JMac nodded thoughtfully.  "Well I must say...  A bit more than we intened for.  The guy had an incredible ability to block my quick attacks."  Liquid smiled.
    "Ya...  I know what ya mean.  When he blocked my kill strike to his back there at the beginning of the fight." JMac made a whistling noise.  "Real Jedi Master after all."
    JMac reported the two DJ's succes to the Atrus.  A little while later, an Imperial strike force landed in the cruiser...  It took all the rebels prisoner, and took complete control of the ship.  Chip and Shazam reported to the Atrus for clean-up.  They were both a bit beat-up...  But they'd be fine.

-----------------------
*Flash Was Here...*
JMac
ComNet Veteran

November 17, 2003 11:39:12 AM    View the profile of JMac 
(OOC: Shazam, you trying to get into the DJO?

JMac made it into his ship, muscles aching with the exertion of the day.  It just had to be a Master, didn't it.  He sighed.  it was a good thing that he and Liquid had been working together, otherwise there may have been some serious problems.  his typical sneak attacks wouldn't work on a master, he wasn't good enough at masking his prescence just yet, and Liquid was good, but not that good.

It was interesting to see the hatred in Shazam's eyes as he executed the Fallen Jedi.  Most soldiers could kill, but it was rare to see that kind of disregard for another's life.  he and the idiot Corellian he was with certainly proved that they were more resourceful then he had thought.  Interesting.

In any case, tired or not, it ws time to get back into the fight.  The Bast Empire's forces were doing well, but there were few ships in the fleet that could do as much damage as the

You ready to go, Liquid?

Of course, I was just updating my memoirs waiting for you.

-----------------------

Viva el gato mojado!!!

Semper Fidelis

Lusthawk 12
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Naval Story  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:30:57 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 95  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >