Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mining Problems on Mimba (RAIDERS Squad)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Mining Problems on Mimba (RAIDERS Squad)
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
  RE: Mining Problems on Mimba (RAIDERS Squad)
June 2, 2003 9:07:07 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Rizzit and the rest of his squad were sitting around the lounge. `TJ offered to pay for the drinks and Rizzit offered to deal the Sabaac Cards. After Rizzit wearing down the whole squad, this was a good way to relax. Suddenly the repulsorlift engines of a shuttle could be heard just outside the base. Otto looked at Rizzit accusingly. "Okay Rizz, what are you doing this time?" Rizzit was shocked. He had no idea what that shuttle was doing there either. He just shook his head in bewilderment. "Otto my friend, I have no idea." Just before Rizzit could get up to see what was going on, a stormtrooper walked into the lounge.

The lounge was the closest room to the entrance to the base, so it was no surpise that they found their way in so quickly. The stormtrooper walked over to where the RAIDERS were playing cards and drinking.

"Greetings. I am Private First Class Jyse Toklar. I was sent here to report in to First Sergeant Rizzit." said the stormtrooper.

"Well, we'll call you Jyse." Said Rizzit. "If that's okay with you." Jyse nodded in agreement, then dug around in his pack and pulled out three holotapes.

"Rizzit sir, these are from Cosmic and Fury. I was told to hand them over to you when I arrived."

"Okay Private. Let's see what we got here." Rizzit said as he looked at the tapes. One of them had The Academy's seal on it, while the other two had the Army's seal on it.

"Something's up, let's see what's going on." Otto suggested as he put the cards away, then pushed a button on the table to revert it into a regular circular table for the squad to view the holotapes together. Rizzit motioned for Jyse to sit down at the empty seat in the table. Jyse sat down and handed the tapes to Rizzit, who took Cosmic's tape and placed it down in the center of the table. Rizzit then pushed the buton on the top to activate the tape.

Cosmic's mug was displayed to scale. "Greetings Rizzit. Seeing you have this tape I will assume that Private Toklar is already with you now. He has done well in his training and has excelled high above the rest of the new recruits at our academy. I believe he will serve you well, which is why Fury and I have moved him up so quickly. We have also given him two holotapes. They have information regauding your squad's next assignment. Private Toklar specializes is the field of Communications, and should prove helpful to MaraJade as well as the rest of your squad. Good Luck on your mission and come back alive." Cosmic faded out.

Rizzit looked at Otto, and Otto looked at `TJ who returned the look. "More is going on here than meets the eye. We better check this mission out." Rizzit took back the holotape from Cosmic and put the Army one in its place. Upon pressing the button Fury appeared this time instead of Cosmic.
"Greetings RAIDERS. I bring troubling news. Those galactic pirates are at it again......or so we think. Our nova mines on Mimban are reporting less nova at the end of the day than they mine. Someone is stealing our nova. Let me remind you that nova crystals are very valuable to the empire and needs to stay with us. Your mission: should you choose to accept it is to investigate the nova theft on Mimba and Infiltrate the thieves' base if any. From there you are to find out who their leader is if possible and take back our nova. Report back to me with any information you may find. As for the third tape, don't bother trying to activate it. It's a datatape. On that tape contains all the planetary information you will need. Give it to Jyse and MaraJade. Between the two of them they should be able to give your squad a good enough readout of the planet so that you will be prepared for anything." Fury finished and faded out. Rizzit grabbed the disk and collected put it with the other two.

Rizzit looked at his squad. "Okay Jed, Snipes, and JR head for your quarters and prepare to take off in the morning. The rest of you: come with me to my office." Rizzit said as he lead the four down the hall to his office which was also used as a war room and a communications room. Rizzit put the Academy tape with the rest of the tapes given on his troopers in the archives, and the other one with the mission information in the archives.  "Mara, Jyse: here is a computer that can analyze that disk. The rest of us will start planning our strategy as you get information, so please feed it to us as you get it." Rizzit said.

With the strategy depending on Jyse and Mara the three got out all their markers and began discussing who and what could be behind this theft if not the pirates. Nobody would know for sure until they got down on Mimba. Until then, they would have to rely on the information on that datatape....

-----------------------
First Sergeant Rizzit BlackHeart
Raider's Squad Leader
Wildcard Platoon Adjutant
Army of the Vast Empire
PC:A/SL/1SGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD]
"Death is never an easy thing to deal with. It happens so frequently, yet it still takes us by surprise!"--Rizzit
Jyse Toklar
ComNet n00b

[VE-VEEC] Writer

Post Number:  8
Total Posts:  8
June 3, 2003 12:54:59 AM    View the profile of Jyse Toklar 
Jyse let MaraJade take control of the computer since she had seniority and she had been a RAIDER longer.  They checked out the Inhabitants folder and found files on Coway, Mimbanites, and wanderellas.

The Coway looked like gray-furred humans that hadn't gotten enough sun.  They were muscular and had small eyes, but large eyelids and could see infared.  They were a patriarchal society and were cautious of outsiders and would attack or challenge some.

The Mimbanites resembled the Coway, but had green fur and had a long, full, mane of red/green hair.  It is because of this that they are referred to as "greenies".  They were also thinner and weaker with larger eyes.  They were very humble due to having been abused so often.  The Mimbanites speak a language that is similar but not identical to the Coway language.

The wandrella resembled a giant worm that was 10-15 meters in length with phosphorescent skin.  It has many eyes above its large gaping mouth which held multiple rows of sharp, black, teeth.  The wandrella can burrows on the ground, but can sense movement on the surface and will often attack without warning.

Mimban had a swampy terrain with jungles and quickclay.  The Empire built five small mining towns out of pre-existing temples and ziggurats when they discovered that buried beneath the planet's surface laid as much dolovite as they could ever ask for.  The constant mist that shrouds the planet makes it difficult to tell whether or not it is night or day sometimes.

Jyse sighed, "Well, doesn't this just sound like a barrel of fun."

(OOC: I had made a longer post, but it got lost through having to log in.  If you need additional information on Mimban, contact me.)

-----------------------
Private First Class Jyse Toklar
RAIDERS Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/Jyse Toklar PFC/Drill/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/VEA/VE [LoR]
[This message has been edited by Jyse Toklar (edited June 3, 2003 12:56:46 AM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

June 3, 2003 8:50:52 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Jyse and Mara gave the information from the datatape to TJ Rizzit and Otto. It seemed as if things were not going to be a bit harder than usual for the RAIDERS. Rizzit thanked the two of them and sent them to their quarters to pack. Rizzit liked to leave first thing in the morning or he got very cranky by mid-day. The three commanders gathered around a table and began plotting things out.

"Well this is pointless!" Otto pointed out. "We have no maps, so how can we plot things out?"

"True." TJ agreed."Rizz, what kind of planning can we do for a planet that we don't know anything about?"

"Not much. All we can really do is to pack what we need. Let's get packing. However, I am worried that there are things down there that are not revealed completely about that planet. Let's pack and get some rest! We're leaving at 04:00 hours!"

Rizzit, TJ, and Otto Vox each headed for their own quarters to gather their stuff. Rizzit decided to pack all of his gear with the exception of his armor, standard E-11 blaster, RB-407 Repeater, and his vibroknuckler.

"This'll come in handy..." He thought as he attached it to his belt. After packing everything Rizzit headed out to the Stormtrooper transport to load his gear into the shuttle and ran into Private Toklar.

"Jyse...finished already?" Rizzit asked.

"Yes sir. I don't have much that I am bringing. Basically all I have is some listening gear and my laptop. I keep my rifle on me at all times though. I am a pretty good shot. Watch!" Jyse said as he shot up in the air and a mynock came crashing down. Rizzit stood there in awe for a moment, then came to. Rizzit walked past the new trooper and patted him on the back. "You'll do fine here Jyse. You'll do just fine.... Get some sleep though, if you're not ready we'll leave without ya."

"Yes sir." said Jyse. "I'll even beat ya here!"

Rizzit went back into the base and headed for his quarters. He needed his rest like the rest of the squad. He went to his desk set the stormtrooper alarm clock to wake him up for 3AM and went to sleep. He, like the rest of his squad: would not be getting sleep for a long time...

-----------------------
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
"Death is never an easy thing to deal with. It happens so frequently, yet it still takes us by surprise!"--Rizzit
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
June 4, 2003 11:16:18 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
OOC:this is just snipes from after he was sent to pack /OOC

Snipes grumble inaudibly as he walked tward the barracks, they had just got off a training simulation that scared the crap outa snipes, mainly cuz he had gotten most of his face blown off and he could swear it still hurt, but then that was his first time in it aned wasnt sure if that was a side affect or not, he decided he'd ask Riz later. Right now he was through his miscilanius Engineer gear into his pack, but decided hw probly wouldnt need as much explosives so he threw in more tools. checking each peice as he threw it in. after finishing w/ his equipment he looked under his bunk and took out the pistol and 2 knives that he hid under hs armour. stricly speaking he wasnt supposed to bring them, but sence he hid them well enough, no1 could realy find them doing a rutine check. he made sure his pistol was loaded and the scope was adjust, snipes loved his accuracy, part of the reason he carried a E-11 Marksman and not a normal e-11. but being a engineer, wich is part marksmen, nobody realy cared. after putting all hsi armour on he began to yet again clean his gun, one of his favorite pastimes sence he could hold a gun. as he cleaneed it he thought about serce, his little bro, but he was in the DD, nbot much Snipes could do for him. this Jyse guy Snipes almost liked, except he seemed like an overacheiver, of course those are the guys that rank fastest, of course Snipes would be POed if jyse got sergent before him.
after while Jyse and teh others came in to pack, Jyse it seemed had gotten the bunk above Snipes.
"hello" the PFC said as he threw his duffle onto the bunk
"ey"Snipes replied"wassup"
"not much, just got outa the academy, still abit green, but i can shoot"
"realy?!"Snipes said with intrest
"ya, got near the top of my class"
"then why didi you go into communications?"
"i love communications and computers and electronics"
"heh heh, im the local Sniper wanna be, just waiting for my six months are up so i can take it, i used to be profesional"
"how'd you score?"
"sometimes good, sometimes bad,"
"well im done, im gonna go wait outside"
"ok"
Snipes lliked this guy, a fellow marksmen of a form. Snipes stuck the last spare speice of blaster he caried into his bag and pulled it shut. in a few minutes Jyse came back in.
"sup?"asked Snipes
"we arnt leaving untill the morening"Jyse said
"oh, that cool. here a got a sabacc deck, letss play"
Snipes and jyse palyed on for a while later setting snipes "Blaster Alram Clock" for 4AM, of course they had forgotten to ask Riz when to get up, but if they wernt up early enough for him, he'd let them kno, he couldnt take this mission alone.

OOC:g2g blaster alarm is also i gorgot to say was a present from some1 before the Empire /OOC

-----------------------
Lance Corprol Matthias"Sniping101"Battlemont
Formaly the Perpetual PFC
TRP/LCPRL Sniping101/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"Drinking, fighting, and rowdiness is that what you think of when you think of the Irish"

"i have made my peace with death, i do not fear him like others do, to me he is a part of everything, i have accepted he will come for me some day, and i do not live in fear of him, i live my life."
MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

Post Number:  100
Total Posts:  220
June 4, 2003 4:24:03 PM    View the profile of MaraJade 
Mara went to pack up her gear, she thought a lot about the surface info from the data tape.  It wasnt detailed enough for her liking, too many things that could go wrong.  She packed her duct tape.  Snipes is always getting hurt., and Mara found that duct tape patched him up pretty well.  Biorecorder, comm set, wrist comm, transceivers, laptop a new one, since her last one got destroyed from their last droid situation. Mara tossed in her scrambler and a few other things and a few extra battery packs of course.. the guys were always needing those.  Everything was packed, so she sat down on her rack and thought about tomorrow.  Early day, should get some sleep.  She would need to get Jyse up to speed quickly, it would be nice to get some help.  She thought of going and chatting with the guys.. since she wasnt tired.. but it was late.. didnt want to risk them already being crashed out... so she pulled out her laptop to see who was awake out there to chat....

OOC:  not sure if one roll of duct tape is enough for me to bring.. is snipes going to get pretty banged up?  Maybe I should bring a couple rolls hehe /OOC

-----------------------
TRP/CPL MaraJade/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by MaraJade (edited June 5, 2003 11:01:11 AM)]
MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

June 4, 2003 4:27:24 PM    View the profile of MaraJade 
OOC:  The server is messed up and not letting me fix a few things in my last post yet.  Sooo I will be trying to fix a couple small things in it later... everytime I click edit I get a black screen, and everytime I click preview I get a black screen grrr /OOC

-----------------------
JR
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  276
Total Posts:  471
June 4, 2003 6:45:14 PM    View the profile of JR 
JR sat on his bed and began to pack.  He put in his flechette launcher, his E-11, and his heavy blaster.  Not knowing what the climate was like he decided to take a breath mask just in case.  Jed came in just as JR was putting away his armour.
"Another mission." Jed said.
"Yep," Replied JR, "can't get a good night sleep now adays."
JR than got up and left the room.  He went to Rizzits room and knocked on the door.  Rizzit answered cursing inaudibly, "Can't a guy get some sleep." he mumbled, "What is it?"
"Just making sure what time were leaving JR replied."
"4:00," Rizzit replied, shutting the door.
JR walked back to his room, sett his alarm clock and drifted off to sleep.

-----------------------
TRP/SGT JR/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR]
"I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Jack Handey
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war"
Chris Rock
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

June 4, 2003 8:17:24 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Three O'Clock came before long, and Rizzit's alarm clock was rambling on about something that Rizzit couldn't make out seeing he was tired. He woke up heavy-eyed and turned off his alarm clock. It was early, and nobody was up yet; so he decided to take a shower. Rizzit grabbed his pink bathrobe, compliments of the Imperial Center Store, and headed for the shower. Rizzit had himself a nice, cold shower to wake him up. Heading back to his room, who should Rizzit see but MaraJade: still not tired.

"Mara, don't you ever sleep?" Rizzit asked sarcastically.

"Nah, us comm tech people don't sleep.....we just pretend to. And while I got ya here, what's with the getup?" she replied.

"Oh....I was taking a shower."

"I figured as much, but PINK?

"Yea, well it's all the store had. Now, I'm going to get suited up, and I suggest you do the same. We'll be leaving soon."

"Okay Rizzz....see ya then." said Mara headed back to her room to wake up Jed and JR. Rizzit headed back to his room as well to suit up in his stormtrooper armor. After suiting up from head to toe (except the helmet of course) Rizzit headed out to go wake up Otto and Teej. Headed all the way next door Rizzit was about to pound on Otto's door but instead he listened in on what Otto was mumbling.

*SNORE*"Dee....I'm gonna kill you."*SNORE*"Jubei....lose some weight so I can kill you."*SNORE*"Swomz.....you're a loser and I hate you. I'd wanna kill you most of all!*SNORE*

Rizzit chose this time to pound on Otto's door. *KNOCK*KNOCK*KNOCK "Otto! Neither of them are in our squad anymore! WAKE UP! SUIT UP! It's time to leave!"

Otto rolled out of his bed and onto the floor. "Wha? Huh? Rizz, what the heck is going on?" He asked.

"You were dreaming about your "favorite" members of our squad D-13, Jubei_Nimiichi, and Swomz." Rizzit replied through the wooden door.

"You call that a dream? It sounds more like a nightmare!" Otto replied.

"They're you're dreams dude, not mine! Anyways get suited up. We're leaving."

Rizzit walked away from the door and headed towards TJ's room. He could hear grumbling and cursing as he walked away, but choose to ignore it. As he approached TJ's room Rizzit just decided to knock on his door instead of listening in. After what just happened, Rizzit decided not to chance things with TJ.

*KNOCK*KNOCK*KNOCK pounded Rizzit.

"You can come in Rizz....door's open." TJ answered.

Rizzit, shocked, opened the door and walked in to find TJ all suited up.

"You DarkJedi know everything don't you?" Rizzit teased.

"Surprised to see me awake?" TJ asked.

"Yes and no. Anyways, if you can go head out to the shuttle and get things ready, I should be out in a bit."

TJ nodded and grabbed his Stormtrooper backpack. He left his room and headed down the hall, out towards the main door. Rizzit found no need to be in TJ's room anymore and headed down the hall towards Mara's room.

*KNOCK*KNOCK*KNOCK Rizzit pounded again "Mara, Jed, JR: head out to the shuttle! We're leaving." he said.

"Okay Rizz." they all said. Right next door was Snipes and Jyse.

*KNOCK*KNOCK*KNOCK Rizzit pounded. "Snipes? Jyse? you guys awake?

There was no reply. Rizzit knocked again. Still no reply.

"Well, I am through waiting for you guys, I'm coming in!" Rizzit opened the door and walked on in. To his surprise the room was empty. Assuming they were out at the transport, Rizzit headed out there. There was never any need to eat before leaving, because Rizzit had an on-board chef droid that cooked them anything they wanted on their way to their designation. Rizzit arrived at the transport and saw TJ standing at the boarding platform.

"Rizz...everyone's inside. Just waiting on you." TJ said.

"Great, I'll have AX-350 set coordinates for Mimban"

"No need. Already done."

"Great Teej. Let's go in so AX can take off, then we'll go have our meals and brief the squad." Rizzit said as he walked in and TJ shut the door behind him.
"Here we go again." Rizzit thought. "I wonder what is going on down on Mimban."

-----------------------
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
Jyse Toklar
ComNet n00b

[VE-VEEC] Writer

June 5, 2003 3:29:46 AM    View the profile of Jyse Toklar 
Jyse sat with the rest of the squad, waiting for Rizzit's briefing which was expected shortly.  He looked around at everyone.  He already knew quite a few people.  He was surprised how well he was welcomed, without any sort of hazing of any kind.  Everyone seemed to be really nice and friendly.  He hadn't been this popular back at the Academy.

He'd waken up a little early and gone over the data on Mimban again and found a couple things they must have missed.  He had to be sure that if Rizzit gave him the chance, he would let the RAIDERS know about what he'd found.  The most imporant thing was that the weather was fair.  He also wanted to reiterate about the wandrellas being able to strike without notice.  He also had to warn Rizzit about the energy storms that were known to happen around the planet.  There wasn't much in the datatape about the humans on the planet except that it was predicted that they were simpler then some humans that lived in more populated areas.  There wasn't alot of communication with the people of the planet short of what Imperial ship captains had encountered while picking up cargo from the mines.

-----------------------
RAIDERS Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

June 5, 2003 2:02:34 PM    View the profile of MaraJade 
Mara sat and listened to Rizzit brief the crew about what was going to happen, what to expect, which was of course the unexpected.  To be alert and be aware that we are in a different element that we do not understand completely.  Jyse mentioned the energy storms that were known to occur .. making for an unstable atmosphere, and Mara thought to herself, making their comm jobs a little more difficult.

"Rizzit, we are going to be searching for 5 separate mining facilities, none of which we have any coordinates on?" Mara asked

Rizzit nodded yes

"We have comm gear that we are not sure will be 100% reliable since this atmosphere tends to wreak havoc on electrical systems.  So we hope for good weather and few storms, assuming we don't hit a storm prior to landing and destroy out ship, or destroy our navigational systems and have to crash land" Mara said towards Rizzit

Rizzit nodded again...

"I am sorry guys, you know that we don't have a whole lot to go on and just getting there is a challenge, but you all have managed to pull through every other tight mission with no major problems" Rizzit said

Snipes winced... pulled through yes, have scars to remember.. yes.  He hoped this one would be a little easier on him.

Mara nodded

"I understand Rizzit, I am just concerned, what exactly is our plan, we need to stay tight, rely minimally on the comm gear, it will be a bonus if we have it, and I hope we do, it would be nice to do surface scans, life readings and keep in communications, however I think we also need to expect the worse, in this case having to rely on good ol training and intuition too... and maybe some help from a Dark Jedi to help us pull through" Mara said.. looking at Tj

"Jyse, it will be good to have you around, and great experience for you to pick up on some of the new gear you didn't get to tinker with in school, hopefully the storms will allow you to work with them, word of warning, people tend to blow up our comm gear a lot, then expect us to make them work after they have been burnt to a crisp.. just be prepared for that one" Mara winked and laughed at Jyse... then looked at all the Raiders in the transport... hopefully Mara thought, this will be a vacation for us.. and we all will be laughing and heading home in one piece, with all of the Raiders soon.

OOC:  on a side story I noticed rizzit packed his pink robe and brought it with him good thing, I brought an extra one for him just in case! /OOC

-----------------------
Cosmic
ComNet Disciple

[VE-ARMY] High Colonel
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess) (KPR)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  2332
Total Posts:  7772
June 5, 2003 5:12:25 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
The story is going great. Just letting you guys know that you haven't gone unnoticed.

Keep up the good work.

-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
CoT/COL Cosmic/HCA-3/VEA/VE [OPE][OTH][OPA][IH][CDS][EW1][GS][SoS][MSM][CoH][PoC][IOC]
-----------------------
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
SL/KPR Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE [VP][KC1][OAK]
-----------------------
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

June 6, 2003 10:55:58 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
OOC: Thanks Cos we appreciate the attention. And Mara, I did not bring my robe WITH ME, it was merely for taking a shower However, feel free to use it yourself

The squad was in high spirits with their new member along to help with the communications part of things, but on another note they still had to manage to land in one piece. That was going to be more of a task than they realized. Everyone was briefed to the best of the knowledge that was given to them. An incomplete map was also provided letting them know about a few settlements and so on. Rizzit and the rest of them were just finishing their meals when AX-350 informed them all that they were coming up on Mimban.

"Okay everyone! Get strapped in. This is going to be a bumpy landing!" Rizzit said as he grabbed his seat and strapped in next to Otto. As they breached the planet's atmosphere, they began to shake and the lights flickered on and off.

"This must be due to an electrical storm." Mara commented.

The ship maintained control though. They kept going down at a slow, progressive pace. It would probably take longer, but it was definately safer for everyone that they go in slowly. Without warning, a thunderbolt hit the ship. The transport began to descend at a more violent rate. They were going down fast. All power had been lost, and there was no way to get the landing gear out. Luckily the doors and cargo holds could be manually opened. But.....they had to get down on the planet first....and that was not going to be easy. They had no way of controlling where they were going to land. Hopefully, they would not land in a swamp. CRASH! The ship came to a sudden halt. Major damage was obviously inflicted upon the ship, and hopefully the portable comm gear they brought along could still be used after the storm was over. Jyse looked out the window to see where they were.

"Looks like we're in some kind of jungle." He commented.

"Affirmative Private Toklar." said Rizzit "Do you see any lifeforms?"

"Nothing sir. Not in this area anyways. Perhaps its night and they are all asleep."

"Perhaps. This could work to our advantage. Jyse, Mara go check to see if our portable comm equiptment is operational. We will need some way of contacting the ISD Dominion to get us out of here when we are finished here. We will try to do something about the doors in the meantime. Otto, TJ, you give me a hand. Jed, JR and Snipes: you guys go try and take care of the doors to the cargo bay."

"Roger that." came the reply.

As per Rizzit's orders the squad tried to force the doors open so Mara and Jyse could check the comm gear, but more importantly: to get out of the ship before something else happened....

-----------------------
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

June 8, 2003 1:53:20 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes through himself heavily against the door, bounced right off. he tried again, same results.
"are you sure you have those held down"Snipes asked Jed and JR, who wher holding the latches of the door while Snipes tried to make it budge."one more time then one of you tries"the exausted Snipes said
this time snipes removed his helmet and his breastplate. walked farther back down teh hall and ran at it full blast, throughing all his wieght into it, the hinges preacticaly shattered as Snipes went barraling though, his momentum carrying him into a box of delicate looking comm equipment.
"its open"Snipes commented as he lay exausted on the floor, still ontop of much of the equipment."Mara?! i think we are gonna need alot of duct tape this mission"
of course every1 else was filtering into the cargo bay ignoreing Snipes, picking up thier designated equipment
"what? not even thanx?"Snipes asked hopelessly
"You broke some very important looking stuff" Rizzit said shouldering his blaster"Mara? is this stuff important"
"no, just spare parts"mara replyed

OOC:g2g/OOC

-----------------------
"Drinking, fighting, and rowdiness is that what you think of when you think of the Irish"

"i have made my peace with death, i do not fear him like others do, to me he is a part of everything, i have accepted he will come for me some day, and i do not live in fear of him, i live my life."
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

June 8, 2003 8:24:39 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
"Lucky for you Snipes, we don't need those parts right away." Rizzit said. "Well, I'm off to help Otto and TJ."

Rizzit shook his head as he walked away. Snipes can be clumsy sometimes, but he's great in battle. Rizzit knew and respected this. Rizzit got back to see the door was already gone. Rizzit stood there in awe and finally came around.

"Geez...how did you 2 manage to...." he started.

"Lightsabers." Otto interrupted." A darkjedi's best friend."

"Heh...well good thinking. Jed why don't you and I get our stuff? We'll go do some scouting around. I wanna check this area out!" Rizzit hollered so that the3djedi could hear him. Jed came out with two stormtrooper backpacks, Rizzit's and his own. Rizzit ordered the rest of the squad to stay put while they had a look around. While the two scouts were out checking the area the rest of the squad helped Mara and Jyse with their communication equiptment. Meanwhile just a short distance from the RAIDERS wrecked shuttle, Jed and Rizzit stopped abruptly.

"Jed! Do you hear that?" Rizzit asked.

"Ya, it sounds like the engines of a ship too! It can't have much of a chance of landing in this storm though."

"Look over there!" Rizzit said as he pointed to an Imperial Skyhopper just landing. Rizzit and the3djedi ran over to the shuttle as fast as their legs would carry them. Upon arriving there, the door opened and a stormtrooper walked out.

"First Sergeant Rizzit?" The stormtrooper asked.

"That'd be me." Said Rizzit as he stepped forward. "What can I do for ya?"

"I'm from the ISD Dominion. They dropped me off and are orbiting the planet for when you are ready to return. Coincidentally, I am also joining your squad. I am Private First Class Cos and have just completed my training."

"Well, glad to meet ya Private Cos. This is one of your squad members: the3djedi. Let's get you back to our ship and out of this storm."

"Thanks Rizzit. I don't suppose you can give me a ride back in your ship?"

"Nope. We crashed. We've gotta take yours back."

"Well, let me get my stuff, and I'll join you guys." said Cos.

"Okay, we'll wait for ya right here."

"Rizz...with all these storms, we'll never get a ship off the ground." Jed pointed out.

"Ya, but he managed to land better than we did. Maybe he can fly the ship from now on."

OOC: Sorry about the crappy post. It is late and my eyes are getting heavy.

-----------------------
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

June 9, 2003 3:59:47 PM    View the profile of MaraJade 
OOC: HOW are we all going to fit into a skyhopper, I refuse to sit on anyones lap.. telling you that right now Also what is COS's MOS OOC/

Mara and Jyse were setting up their communications equipment and watching the sky for any sign of the storm letting up, these storms would most likely render most of the comm gear useless, lets just hope this didn't get any worse. Mara took this opportunity to quickly show Jyse some of the great new comm toys that they don't show in the schools, Jyse was listening intently while setting up hoping he could remember all she was throwing at him, but absorbing most of the info like a sponge. 

"Got any questions about what I just told you Jyse?  Sorry I had to go so fast, wish we had more time in the rear to show you some of the really cool toys" Mara asked

"So far no questions" Jyse responded "however when we start using the gear I might have a few"

Mara nodded

"I was told you are a good shot as well, that will help me.. sometimes we are in a tight spot and I am trying to set up something, or hack something and people are shooting at the gear, makes it hard to concentrate on the computers when they are getting blown up, so it will be nice to have someone helping me that can also try to save our gear from getting destroyed so quickly" Mara smiled "Its good to have some more help in the Raiders, boy we need it, seems we all have a couple jobs"

Jyse laughs "yeah I heard, since when do comm techs become medics? hehe"

Mara laughed..

"Shhh Snipes is still mad about that one, well heck someone needs to keep patching him up, and we recently lost our medic soo.. hey, I am quite handy with the duct tape" Mara whispered

Jyse was watching the storm "It appears that the storm might be clearing a little, the gear is kinda working, I think this is a good sign, we just figure out where we are in this jungle... and map the coordinates to our destination point, with what is known about the terrain plotting the best route, shouldn't be a problem at all assuming all goes well and the storm doesn't turn on us"

Mara sighed... "with our luck we will meet the locals, who wont be friendly and who knows about this terrain, the jungle is pretty thick, things can creep up on us too quickly for my liking.  Well lets scan the area, see what we find, and get our info back to Rizzit."

Mara looked at the readings.  Judging by the gear they wanted to head north,  there was a serious swamp are to their immediate west... they need to avoid that area, too dangerous.  However Looking through the data, and taking into account the terrain they would suggest North to Rizzit... not too many obstacles, the distance was sketchy though, equipment is still tempermental with the storm so they could not be accurate on that.

"well, " Mara said "lets go find Rizzit and let him know our readings and suggestions."

-----------------------
[This message has been edited by MaraJade (edited June 9, 2003 4:38:31 PM)]
Jyse Toklar
ComNet n00b

[VE-VEEC] Writer

June 9, 2003 5:37:36 PM    View the profile of Jyse Toklar 
Jyse and Mara headed back to the ship to wait for Jed and Rizz.  While they waited they worked on the comm equipment.  The storm cleared up and they were able to get most of the equipment working before Jed and Rizz showed up with some new guy.  Rizzit introduced Cos to everyone and Mara told Rizzit about what they found and that they should head north and that they weren't exactly sure how far it was.  They grabbed all their things and headed north towards the nearest mining colony.

-----------------------
RAIDERS Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
[This message has been edited by Jyse Toklar (edited June 9, 2003 6:25:58 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

June 10, 2003 1:07:04 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
(sry Rizz, posted too long after reading the one above)
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited June 10, 2003 11:08:03 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

June 10, 2003 4:58:23 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
OOC: Snipes, please remove your post. It totally clashes with the post before yours.

The nine RAIDERS marched along side by side with Rizzit leading the front.  They were headed north to go check out the first mine. Rizzit was hoping that they did not have to go to all of the mines. He was however, prepared to do so. They had still not emerged from the jungle, so continued to march onward.

"Hey Rizz, how long does this jungle go on for?" Otto asked.

"I dunno." Rizzit replied. "We weren't given too much info about this place, and that map was not scaled. It looks like we're coming up on a clearing up ahead."

The squad had finally reached the end of the jungle, but it was not of any relief to anyone. They had come up on a massive swamp that nobody dare set foot in, but thankfully it was to the left. The terrain was mostly made of grass, but the swamp was grey and massive. Nothing could be seen around for miles, it was a complete barren wasteland. The sky was dull grey and completely dark. It was daytime, but nobody ever knew it due to the conditions.

"We're not expected to find much civilization here I hope." Commented Cos.

"Actually, not too much human civilization. There are however clans of wildlife and the like. Let's keep going north, sooner or later we should come across a mine I hope."

The nine kept marching on Rizzit's orders, when night fell. It got slighly darker. Not too dark, but dark enough for everyone to know it was nighttime. Rizzit warned everyone to be on their gaurd, as they were unfamiliar with the surroundings. Otto spotted a lamppost ahead, and it excited everyone.

"You think it could be the mine we've been looking for?" Mara asked.

"No, it's not." TJ said. "It's a mimbanite camp!"

-----------------------
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
Jyse Toklar
ComNet n00b

[VE-VEEC] Writer

June 12, 2003 8:29:38 AM    View the profile of Jyse Toklar 
There were only about twenty Coway that the RAIDERS could pick up in the village which would make for an awfully small village.  The Coway hadn't spotted them yet, which was a very good thing, given their agressive tendencies.

Everyone turned to Rizzit for their next move, "Well, we could try and fight our way through, we're certainly more advanced in weaponry then they are.  We could try to go around, but that would mean going through the swamp which could be even more treacherous.  I think that our best course of action would be to covertly make our way through the town, which appears to be next to abandoned, and if we have to, we use force-brute force."

As they slowly began their trek through their village, everything seemed to be going smooth.  Or at least that's what the RAIDERS thought, but since it was so dark and misty they couldn't really be for sure.  In reality, the Coway had spotted them long before the squad had because they could see so clearly through the dark.  As soon as they spotted them, the Coway had sent word down to the actual village of the intruders.  Twenty more had come up and as the RAIDERS made their way through the village they didn't know that they were completely surrounded by the natives.

Suddenly, and without warning, the forty Coway jumped the nine RAIDERS.  While they were able to fight a couple off, the numbers were too much and they were quickly subdued...
--------------------

When the RAIDERS came too, they could barely see anything it was so dark.  The sky above was gone and replaced by hard soil, which meant they had been taken underground...  There were posts all around them that had some type of flourescent fungi on the end to illuminate.  The first thing the RAIDERS noticed was that all of their equipment had been taken away and they couldn't see it anywhere close by.

The only thing at a distance the could see, and only because it was so well-lit, was some sort of ritual with a Coway that were a very bright colored robe speaking very loudly.  No one in the squad could understand what was being said, but Jyse, remembering what he had read in the data file on Coway, could make out the word "Canu" a couple times, who was their warrior god.  After the ritual had been going on for about half an hour and all of the RAIDERS were trying to figure out some means of escape, the Coway crowd suddenly burst out in anger.  The male in the brightly-colored vest was able to silece them and the Coway masses began to cheer.  Two large Coway made their way towards the RAIDERS as the crowd watched as they cheered.  The two Coway quickly untied Snipes, who tried to fight back, but uselessly, and dragged him back towards the Coway in the brightly-colored vest.  None of the RAIDERS had any idea what was going on, but they were all thinking the same thing, and if what they were thinking was right, Snipes was about to be the first to go.

The male in the brightly-colored vest preached a little more and the crowd cheered a little more as Snipes waited, hands tied behind his back, beside the male speaking.  Suddenly, the crowd parted and an enormous Coway emerged and made his way up to what Jyse assumed, must be the religious leader.  This large Coway bowed before the priest after eyeing Snipes with what could almost be considered a smirk on his face.  The priest said a few more words and then the crowd cheered as the Coway holding Snipes led him to a large, roofless, circle, resembling a crude arena.  The mammoth Coway followed closely behind Snipes, who quickly figured out what was going on as did the rest of the RAIDERS.  The Coway holding Snipes untied his restraints and exited through a small door, closing it behind them, leaving Snipes alone with the Coway-beast, minus the hundreds of Coway that had surrounded the pit.

The dim glow that had surrounded the arena that allowed the RAIDERS to see what was going on disappeared and Snipes was left in complete darkness.  The Coway were as well, but since they could see in the dark, they weren't really effected.  Snipes tried to feel his way around the small circle, hoping to find some means of escape.  Suddenly he was crashed into and hit the wall of the pit hard.  The Coway cheered, and the gladiator reached down and started strangling Snipes.  Snipes punched the Coway in the stomach and ran off, continuing his quest for an escape.  The RAIDERS only means of telling what was going on was the Coway crowd.  The large Coway caught up with Snipes again and punched him in the back, sending him to the ground.  His combatant hit Snipes a couple more times before he spun around and kicked the gladiator in the ankle, sending him to the ground.  Snipes quickly got back to his feet and continued looking for a way out.  Snipes stopped when the crowd went silent.  He heard the priest say something then there were two soft thuds as two somethings landed somewhere in the pit and the crowd cheered.  Snipes figured out what had just been added when he got the tip of one of those somethings through his shoulder.  He yelled out in pain and the crowd cheered.  The huge Coway attempted to disembowel Snipes with his spear, but he was able to get out of the way.  He ran as fast as he could after having taken so much punishment and was able to find his own spear, to which the crowd hissed.  Snipes now knew that there was no way out, except to fight.  He stood silently, waiting for some sign of the approaching Coway.  The crowd hushed and Snipes could hear the pat of his opponent's feet against the dirt as he charged at Snipes, spear ahead, through the darkness.  As the pats got louder, Snipes jumped out of the way, avoiding the spear, which was actually much closer then he had planned on.  As he dived away, he swung his spear out behind him blindly.  The crowd gasped in shock as Snipes' spear cut deep into the larger combatant's torso.  As Snipes slowly stood up, the crowd watched as their champion collapsed in a heap to the door.  The dim fungi once again illuminated the small arena and they saw that Snipes was the victor and they all cheered as the crowd hissed.  The priest silenced crowd and captor alike.  He said something about Canu then had all of the RAIDERS released and pointed them towards a dimly lit shaft.  The RAIDERS found all of their belongings at the entrance to the tunnel and after they were all situated they began their trek back to the surface.

-----------------------
RAIDERS Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TJ
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Colonel
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian (SG)

Post Number:  198
Total Posts:  261
June 12, 2003 7:05:10 PM    View the profile of TJ 
As the squad made its way through the dimly lit tunnel, TJ couldn't help but chuckle as they all stumbled slowly down the passage. With the force as his guide, it felt so easy for him, and were it not for the recent situation they had been in, he would have found the others' plight hysterical.

"Well, doesn't that give a different meaning to a 'light at the end of the tunnel'," MaraJade commented as up ahead the dim fungi was replaced by complete darkness. Just then, Snipes made a "dash" for the exit.

"I'm outta here," he hollered as he approached the darkness, "this place is giving me the creeps."

"Snipes, stop!" Rizzit yelled after him. Snipes froze in his tracks and turned to face the rest of the squad.

"What's up Rizz?"

"Something's not right about this," TJ cut in. Just then, something flashed by the entrance of the tunnel. "There's something out there."

"How many Teej?" Rizzit replied.

"Ten, possibly a couple more." Just then, a low rumble could be heard from deep in the tunnel. "There was no way they were going to make it this easy. So, Rizz...do we take our best shot at the opening? They're coming from behind us rapidly and in large numbers."

"Let's go for it...Raiders, move out...let's get ready to roll."

-----------------------
Trooper Colonel TJ
Sith Guardian TJ
TRP/COL TJ/4SQD/1PLT//VE
{CDSx2}{ES}{CM GW}{LoCx7}{MSM}[IOC]
SG TJ
"The average galactic citizen does not fear the Dark Jedi he cannot see, does not think much of the star destroyer that circles beyond the clouds.  He fears the stormtrooper down the street, inside the garrison built to ensure that citizens do not step out of line." -Fury
     *Joined December, 1999*
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

June 12, 2003 11:14:14 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
OOC: just a quik comment to Jyse, good post, but for future referance i keep a blaster pistol and two knifes under my armour on my back, cool twist tho /OOC

"BaH!"Snipes said removing a grenade from his belt" im getting to bored to have fun and shoot them, i think this should do the trick"

"why not, only two, one infront, one in rear"Rizzit said

"ya!" Snipes yelled pulling the pin and tossing the first grenade behind him a ways"Duck!"

The RAIDERS ducked, imediatly after they heard a large explosion echo down the halls and the sounds of screams and rock falling
"whoa!"Rizzits said urgently as snipes pulle dthe pin of the next grenade"put that back, i wanna get outa here, i think that first one took out the whole corridor,l what was that anyway"

"It was only a proton grenade"Snipes sadi replacing the pin and the grenade"ah whell, looks like im gonna injoy myself"
he pulled out his E-11 Marksaman,it was an open secret that during his mission on Ord Durral he had had accses to weapons stores to replace his lost E-11 and he had grabbed a Marksmen instead, as they looked almost identical.
the rest of the RAIDERS fallowed suite pulling out their E-11s, or in Otto and TJs case, thier lightsabre.

OOC:im sry, ig2g again /OOC

-----------------------

the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  143
June 13, 2003 8:48:56 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Jed looked down making sure his blaster was ready.

"Come on...slowly..." Rizzit said as he led the way toward the end of the tunnel.  The Raiders follewed silently.  Rizzit motioned for everyone to halt.  They had reached the end of the tunnel.  There were at least 15 Coway guarding the exit...it looked as if they were decided if they should go inside the tunnel after hearing the blast.  Suddenly ten of them dropped to the ground, blaster wounds on each one.  The rest of them were easily taken care of.  TJ looked around.

"I saw ten of them fall at first..." he started.  "But there are only nine of us--" Jed held up his two deathhammers.

"These babies are usefult sometimes." he commented.

Rizzit grinned, then looked back with an disgusted look as a war whoop could be heard beneath them.  "I'm assuming they will be after us soon, so I think we should get a move on it..."  Rizzit looked around.  8 troopers nodded in unison.  The squad started off at a brisk pace northward, searching for the mine.  A couple hours later they stopped to rest.  Mara set up a small portable radar.  "Let's see...hmm...it looks to me that we are only a couple clicks from a small building...it's a modern design, so it can't be those Coway again."

Rizzit walked over.  "Hmm.  You're right.  We should head out as soon as possible."  He looked down at the squad.  But we can stay here for a little bit to rest up...I want you all completely alert tomorrow.

"I hear ya Riz." Jyse replied.  "Though I think we should post a guardor two and have watches, just in case somethign comes up."

"Yeah I was thinking the same." Rizzit said.  "Jed and I can stay up first.  I'll wake up whoever is next when the time comes."

Jed and Rizzit assumed their positions as the rest of the squad fell asleep.  Jed looked around, peering into the rapidly approaching darkness.  "Man I hope we don't have to make a run for it in the night...we could run right into a swamp or something!" he commented.

"You can say that again." Rizzit replied. "I--"  Sudennly the computer hooked up to the radar started beeping quietly.  Jed rushed over and looked at the screen.

"Dangit...we have multiple enemies approaching rapidly from the south..."

"Probably Coway...they must be good trackers." Rizzit said.  "Go get some of the small mines...we'll set some of them up.  I'll wake the others.  hurry!"

"Roger that!" Jed ran off to find the weapons.  He pulled out a couple packs and ran back to Rizzit who had just finished waking everyone else up.

"Jyse, assume a sniper position in the closest tree, I know you're a good marksman."  Rizzit said.

"Copy that." Jyse ran off.

"Riz, I got the mines!" Jed held them out.

"Good.  Mara, you and Jed go set them up.  The rest of you assumed defense positions around the camp.  I just hope we can hold them off, I don't want to go through what snipes did..."

-----------------------
Sergeant the3Djedi
The RAIDERS Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army Of The Vast Empire
TRP/SGT the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[IG]RoM]
"Bring it!"
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

June 14, 2003 12:48:26 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes grumbled, a bit scratched from being denied a Sniper spot to greenER trooper, he had been the one who had stolen the Marksmen, oh well, his time would come, untill then he'd just have to clench his teath and deal. He walked over to a spot behind a fallen snag. He tookone of his knifes of and stabed it into the fallen tree, just in case.

"oh, but i need to pratice my duct tape skills"Mara joked from behind as her and Jed left to set up the explosioves

Snipes then realized two others wher setting up the mines, and he knew for sure one of them wasnt a combat engineer, Snipes grumbled again, if he wasnt going to sharpshoot, anbd he wasnt going to engineer, what was he ther for, oh well, he clenched his teeth.

"Snipes,"Rizzit called walking to Snipes" i kno your burned abut not getting the Sniper spot, but we all kno your good at what you do, mabee even realy good, so let this guy practice, besides it better to have the greener troopers farther back asto increse thier life span"

Snipes sighed, Rizzit was right, he was taking it too personel. Snipes itched his face, he could swear it stung,  but that wasnt possible sence the only thing so far to happen to his face was in the simulator, and that had almost taken it off.
Soon he saw Mara and Jed running this way, looking back. they collapsed in the center of the area wher the RAIDERs had been sleeping.
"Mara, Jed, Are you ok!" Rizzit asked looking back at them
"ya fine. . ."Mara started to say, but was cut short my a series of explosions". . .but their coming" She finished
Jed and Mara quikly cought thier breath and unholstered thier weapons, taking posisions flanking the small camp.
Snipes turned the dial on his scope to infrared, from wich he could see about 13-14 enraged beings raunning at them, crude spear and blade weapons waving. *PCHU* PCHU*PCHU* Snipes dropped three of them, but hey wher gaining distance
"turn you scope dial to Infrared" he advised the rest of the RAIDERs
"whers that!"Jyse yelled franticaly looking at his gun
"dont bother"Snipes yelled back, the Coways wher getting close"just shoot, you can see them now"
Snipes grabed up a glow lamp from the camp and tossed it twards the enemy, it landed with a thud and iluminated an area of about 3meters in diameter.
"Why'd you do that?!"Rizzit asked from Right,
"it should show them better"Snipes yelled, he had rembered a history lesson, in wich defending group of people had set glowlamps around their base at night to show intruders.
"oh, good idea"rizzit said , grabbing a coupla more and tossing them out.
the rest of the squad had been fireing, but only a few of thier shots hit, the enemys wher still a good 100 meters away, so he wasnt surprised, neither the academy or Drill tought you very good marksmenship. a few hit and the Coway hit the ground, the area wher Jyse was was suprisingly quiet, he expected the trooper to be enthusiasticaly trying to mow the enemys down. *PCHU*PCHU*PCHU* Snipes dropped another three, ther wher only about five left, but they wher almost dodging the blaster fire, finaly from Jyses corner came a few, reluctent sounding, bolts, blasting two of the Coway to the ground emediatly injuring another, but the last three kept running in twards them, they wher within about 10 meters wher they finaly finished them off.

OOC:g2g/OOC

-----------------------

TJ
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

June 15, 2003 1:37:41 PM    View the profile of TJ 
With it seeming like the coways had been subdued for the time being and with only a few hours left to go before dawn, the Raiders decided to take what time they had to get some much needed rest. As Rizzit asked for volunteers to watch for what was left of the night, TJ found himself being the only one in the least bit interesterd. All this fighting had seemed to take a little out of a few of newer, less-experienced troopers.

"Hey Rizz," TJ said moving off to the side with Rizzit and Otto. "If you're for it...I'll go solo for the watch if you want. They're looking pretty tired and plus I can probably pick up any threats long before they even come close. I think it'd help if the others got as much rest now as they can."

"If you think you can handle it, I'm all for it," Rizzit replied.

"Right, well have a nice sleep," TJ said, quickly taking in the surroundings and scouting out a good watch point. "I'll getcha if anything comes up."

"Gotcha, see you in the morning." With that, Rizzit and Otto moved back to the rest of the squad and TJ watched as they all went back to sleep, before settling down into meditation and scanning their surroundings through the force.

-----------------------
Trooper Colonel TJ
Sith Guardian TJ
TRP/COL TJ/4SQD/1PLT//VE
SG TJ
"The average galactic citizen does not fear the Dark Jedi he cannot see, does not think much of the star destroyer that circles beyond the clouds.  He fears the stormtrooper down the street, inside the garrison built to ensure that citizens do not step out of line." -Fury
     *Joined December, 1999*
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

June 15, 2003 7:17:00 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
While the RAIDERS have seen a good chunk of action, they had seen merely nothing yet. They had not even gotten to a mine yet, and they'd seen more action then some of them had seen in a while. With exhaustion in their minds, they went right to sleep: knowing that they had their most trusted DarkJedi to watch out for them.

There was not any type of comfort to be found sleeping on the ground, but such is the life of a stormtrooper. Eight RAIDERS lay on the ground while one sit meditating. It was eerily quiet. Not a soul around for miles other than the nine. TJ was going to have an easy night, no trouble around.

Morning came before long, and everyone was well rested, and TJ was even refreshed after meditating all night. Nobody could tell it was morning, except by the fact that they had timeclocks. Everyone decided to have a sample of food rationing before moving on. After everyone had what they needed, Rizzit was going to head out for the first mine to the north: when he saw MaraJade inputing data on her PC while there was no storm.

"Mara, what are you doing?" he inquired.

"I'm editing this map. I want to make sure that it gets marked where this camp is, as well as that there is a whole underground village here." MaraJade replied.

"Ah, good idea. As soon as you're done: we're moving out."

"Right. Oh, and Jyse is marking the landscapes as we go along. So if we have to backtrack, we will know what to expect."

Rizzit nodded in approval. Rizzit looked over at Jyse and noticed he was finished. The landscape had been taken care of, and everyone was just waiting for MaraJade. Eventually, Mara finished her strenous typing at her laptop, and everyone was ready to go. On Rizzit's order the squad headed north marching side-by-side with the exception of Rizzit who marched in front. They had no idea what they would find for sure, but they had an idea they would find some kind of link to the pirates that ceaselessly keep robbing the imperial goods. Cos and Jyse, the two newest RAIDERS, were caught up in all the action. The rest of the squad was not, and was hoping that all this would be was pirates, and not something bigger....

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Rizzit BlackHeart
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
PC:A/SL/SGM Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD][CoH]
Jyse Toklar
ComNet n00b

[VE-VEEC] Writer

June 16, 2003 1:16:08 PM    View the profile of Jyse Toklar 
Jyse walked in silence, thinking about the battle they had been through, and the way he had choked.  He couldn't believe that he'd gotten cold feet in his first real battle, especially since it wasn't much of a battle.  He thought back to the moment when he knew he was going to be hesitant...

The Coway were charging forward, spears in hand.  He looked down the barrel, aiming at one of the tribal warriors as they ran head on.  His finger was on the trigger, but he couldn't bring himself to squeeze the trigger.  All kinds of thoughts ran through his head.  The kind of power he was giving himself by ending another creature's life, if it was right to take that kind of responsibility, the reprocussions there could be later in life for doing so and the fear of drawing attention to himself and being speared to death.  As they got closer though, all of those thoughts faded away to his desire to keep his squad safe.  That was when he fired.  After the first one fell, a wave of peace came over him and he fired again.  The rest were down before he had a chance to get them in his sights.

He snapped back to reality as Rizzit announced loudly, "Its the mine.  Straight ahead."  And indeed, a couple seconds later, the mine came into view on the horizon.

-----------------------
RAIDERS Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

June 16, 2003 3:40:48 PM    View the profile of MaraJade 
Mara saw the mines coming up... not sure what to expect, she looked back at Jyse to check on him, he was lost in thought.  Mara thought to herself that she should really go back and chat with him, he just went through quite an ordeal, and he might be a bit frazzled, might need some reassurance prior to going into the mines, same with Cos.  Mara dropped back to talk to the newest Raiders

" Hey guys.. how are you doing?"  Mara asked

Cos smiled "doing good... cant wait to get to the mines, looking forward to some more action"

"heh.. " Mara shook her head "trust me, you will have plenty of action in your time with the Raiders, just remember keep your head together and watch each others backs few of us against all of them... how bout you Jyse? How are things with you?"

"OK" Jyse nodded his head "just going over what happened with the Coway"

"Well" Mara thought for a moment then went on.. " The first time you have to kill someone is weird, you think of them as a living being and you get a mental block on shooting, remember, they will kill you, it is their job, like it is ours to kill them,  they wont hesitate, and we need you alive more than they need you dead... so take care of yourself.  If either of you need to talk let someone know.. we will all listen, we have been there, some of us more recently that others heh"

They both nodded their heads and Mara moved back into position and marched on.  Not much longer till the mines, she looked at her wrist to some equipment there... scanning the area she determined there wasn't anything within range to worry about, although she personally thought the Dark Jedi had better range than her wrist comm, and he didn't have to worry about the storms...

Rizzit looked back at everyone in the platoon.. Good he thought, Mara chatted with Cos and Jyse, I hope they will be OK heading into the mines, we don't need anyone freezing up, or being trigger happy either, maybe we will give them a chance and have snipes step back on this mission, let them get used to having to pull the trigger.  Might be best for them. Course, no need to get them killed right away... depending on this mission we will see where we put them.  Lets hope this turns out to be pirates and just a good training opp for everyone, and hope we don't need to patch anyone up either.

-----------------------
TRP/SGT MaraJade/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

June 17, 2003 12:05:01 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
"Rizzit!" TJ exclaimed" I sense speeders due east of us!"

"Can you tell what make they are?" Rizzit asked

"No"

"Halt" Rizzit commanded" Mara, I want to know more about the speeders to the east, you and Toklar get on that, before they get here"

Mara set up a small satellite dish and hacked away at her data pad connected. "Their civilian make, just your standard land speeders as far as I can tell from here" Mara went back to typing away at the attached data pad

"OK squad, I want you to get up and look ship-shape, get in line, don't look bedraggled, try to look uniform and intimidating" Rizzit commanded as he put his helmet on "but be ready for anything" he finished

Snipes holstered his rifle. He grumbled a bit but tried to look good

"Snipes I want you behind us about 50 meters, if anything goes wrong, do what you do "Rizzit said as he passed him Rizzit Knew he should have one of the new guys try, it, but he had a bad feeling and he wanted Snipes because he knew Snipes could do it for sure, he didn't want another hesitation, he didn't think there would be, but just incase.

"Affirmative" was Snipes only reply

Snipes got to Sniper, that was always fun, he walked a good 55 meters and found an area atop a small rise behind a snag. Out of habit he took a knife off his back and stabbed it into the wood in front of him. He pulled up his rifle and looked through the scope, making sure he had a good sight of the camp. Switching it to "lighten" the view since it was still rather dark.

Meanwhile down where the others where standing for a minute, hey would start up again as soon as the speeders came in visual distance jus to look like they hadn't detected anything.
"Rizzit!" Mara yelled" the speeders appear to be modified with heavy repeaters mounted to the front, I can detect about 9 humanoid lifeforms two in the front speeder four in the left one and three in the right one"

"Ok, squad, don't look hostile, but be ready for anything, and Mara, comlink that to Snipes then hide the equipment "Rizzit commanded

The Squad, with the exception of Snipes, was lined up marching away from speeders where coming from, with Rizzit two steps out in front; they had their weapons on parade rest.

Snipes sat atop his hill wondering what it was like down there, just waiting, slowly fake walking there sitting duck, he new Rizzit had a plan, he always did. Soon snipes could see the headlights of the speeders reaching through the gloom. they stopped about 20 feet from the RAIDERS, Snipes could see them talking to the men, only six men had left the speeders, which mint they had left people at the guns. The man talking to Rizzit appeared to be growing angry, he was a tall dark human, two of the other men where bothians, 1 was rodian and the rest where human. They where barely armed with just a blaster pistol holstered at their waist, except the rodian who had a pistol strapped to his waist and an E-11 in his hand. Snipes looked back over to where Rizzit and the man where in a heated argument. Snipes put his crosshair right on the mans forehead. after a few minutes more of discussion the man turned and took a step away, made hand signal to his comrade that he carefully masked from Rizzit and turned and leaped right on the SL, grabbing him and putting him in a headlock, and quickly disarming him, like a man skilled in hand to hand combat. He removed his blaster and put it to Rizzits head, "bad idea" Snipes thought, leveling the crosshair and sending a bolt threw the mans head.

OOC: this is, well its not ment to make me look like a hero, i just decided to leve the rest of the battle to you guys, it just anoys me when thers a sniper who dosnt do stuff like that, so i made myself do it/OOC

-----------------------
Corprol Matthias"Sniping101"Battlemont
TRP/CPRL Sniping101/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
nomore lance corporal Jokes!
TJ
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Colonel

June 17, 2003 1:10:17 PM    View the profile of TJ 
TJ watched as chaos broke out. As the squad seperated and opened fire on the five remaining figures, the were soon shots going every which way. Groaning, Rizzit slowly got up from beneath the dead corpse of the leader. As he did so, TJ noticed one of the men advancing towards him. Leaping through the air, TJ gave him a quick kick to the head, spun and fired a shot through his stunned enemy as the man stumbled from the blow.

Just then, the sounds became deafening as one of the speeders opened fire on the battle. Looking to his right, TJ watched as bolts sprayed around MaraJade and two of the men. Luckily, the gunner did not seem to be the best of aim as only one shot came close. As one of the men fell, cursing could be heard from the speeders and suddenly sparks came from Mara's hip as a bolt glanced off her datapad.

All of a sudden, as soon as it had begun, the heavy repeater fell silent as Snipes shifted his aim and had somehow picked off the gunner.

Leaping into the air, TJ was lost in the darkness as he quickly covered the distance between the him and the speeders...

-----------------------
Trooper Colonel TJ
Sith Guardian TJ
TRP/COL TJ/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT//VE
     *Joined December, 1999*
Fury
ComNet Overlord

[VE-ARMY] High General
[VE-VEHC] High General*

Post Number:  1578
Total Posts:  2689
June 21, 2003 2:53:27 PM    View the profile of Fury 
[OOC] Um, I am not normally this picky but hey, you guys usually do such a bang-up job.

1. A squad on a skyhopper?  Come on....
2. Snipes, I'm not sure if you meant speeder bikes or not, but there is no way just a couple bikes brought in that many adversaries.  If there was a landspeeder involved, please make that more clear.

Thanks guys. [/OOC]
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Mining Problems on Mimba (RAIDERS Squad)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 3:23:22 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 290  |  Bots - 3

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >