Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Cyber Attack (RAIDERS)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  Cyber Attack (RAIDERS)
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

Post Number:  1470
Total Posts:  2943
  RE: Cyber Attack (RAIDERS)
March 17, 2003 10:25:49 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
Sitting down on his bunk, the3Djedi thought about the events that had taken place the previous night.  The RAIDERS main computer had crashed.  No one had a clue about what had happened.  They could only communicate through e-mail, on the portable computers.  High command was supposed to be sending a ship with some technicians to see if they could figure it out.  The3Djedi leaned over to flick his computer on.  When he did, nothing happened. "Dang!" he muttered. Walking over to MaraJade's bunk, he asked, "Hey Mara, is your computer working?" MaraJade looked up. "Yeah. See?" As MaraJade lifted his up, the screen went blank. "What in the..." MaraJade tapped it impatiently. "What's going on around here?" the3Djedi queried. "I dunno," MaraJade answered, "But I hope it ends soon." "I'm gonna go see if Rizzit's computer is working," the3Djedi said, as he turned to leave. As the3Djedi walked out of MaraJade's room, the lights dimmed. "Uh oh..." The3Djedi grimaced. All of a sudden the whole place went dark.  After about 20 seconds, the backup lights kicked in.  JR peered out of his room. "What was that?" "Don't ask me," the3Djedi replied, "this whole place is going crazy!" "Hey! What's going on here?" Rizzit stepped out of his room. "Our computers are dying!" MaraJade answered. "What?!?!" "Yeah," the3Djedi replied. "Our portables all died!" "Really?" Rizzit asked, "'Cause if that's true, we may have a problem. Suddenly a yell erupted from Otto's room, follow by muttered cursing. "OK," Rizzit said, "let's get a meeting together and figure this out once and for all!" Downstairs at the meeting room, Rizzit stood up and addressed the situation. "OK, everybody," Rizzit started off, "we have a problem here." "You can say that again." Otto muttered. Everyone chuckled. "Anyway," Rizzit continued, "all of our computers are dead, and our power supply isn't looking that great either.  Does anyone have ANY ideas of what might be causing this?" Snipes stood up. "I guess it could be a virus," Snipes commented, "but I have no idea how we could've gotten one." "Has anyone been on the holo-net lately?"JR asked. Several heads shook in reply. "Well..." Swomz frowned. "A couple days ago I was connected to a public Channel." "That could've done it!" Mara commented excitedly. "Well, we need to get to the bottom of this soon." Rizzit said. "High command's ship isn't due for 4 whole weeks." "What?" Otto queried, looking quickly up. "Yeah," Rizzit said grimly.  "In their last message, they had hyperdrive problems." "That is not good," said Otto grimly. "Is it possible to figure out if it was a virus, Mara?" TJ asked. "Yeah," she replied, "but it'll take a couple hours." "Well, get to it!" Rizzit commanded. "I want this figured out fast!" "C'mon....." Snipes urged the squad's extremely old computer. "Man!  This dang thing is slow!" "I hope that no ships try to get into here," Otto said.  "We could get attacked without even knowing it!" "Well, 88 has an onboard sensor to detect incoming ships, Rebel or Imperial," Rizzit said. "So hopefully that won't be a problem." "Maybe someone should go check on him," Swomz wondered.  "I mean, he's known to make mistakes once in a while." "Yeah," TJ answered.  "Good idea.  I'll go check." "Finally!" Mara said, standing up, "It's coming through!" Everyone leaned in closer. "The data says that.......Yes, Swomz, you may have caused our little problem here." "Can it be fixed?" Rizzit asked. "Not without more supplies," Snipes replied.  "We'll have to wait this one out." Suddenly, TJ came running back in. "Rizzit!" TJ yelled, "something's wrong with your droid!" "What?" Rizzit asked, looking quickly up. "He's like spinning around and saying 'Rebels' over and over again!  I'm not kidding!" Just then an explosion shook the building. "What the..." Rizzit began, "Jed, JR, come with me!  Otto, stay here with the others!" JR and the3Djedi quickly followed Rizzit up the stairs.  Smoke from the explosion fogged their visibility level.  The charred remains of Rizzit's droid was right in the middle of a small crater. "This isn't good," JR commented, surveying the area. "This is all part of a virus?" the3Djedi asked, shaking his head. "It doesn't seem that way now, eh? Rizzit said. "Yeah.  What's that?" the3Djedi said, pointing up at a small dark object hurtling toward the ground. "What?" asked JR, peering up into the sky. "That little...meteor looking thing..." "That isn't a meteor!  That's a Rebel probe pod!" Rizzit exclaimed. The three RAIDERS ran back into the bunker. "Guys, we have some bad news," JR began. "We think the Rebels might be involved in this," Rizzit finished. "What?" Snipes wheeled. JR told everyone what had happened. "Were gonna need to be extra alert," TJ said, "and someone needs to destroy that probe before it locates us!" "Yeah," Swomz said, "At least we'll be we have the firepower to defend ourselves!" "Well," Rizzit said, "Lets all just hope that there is no attack, and that it was just a holo-net bug."   ----------------------- First Sergeant Rizzit BlackHeart Wildcard Platoon Raider's Squad Leader Army of the Vast Empire SL/PSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD] "There is no true victory, unless you learn from the experience!"--Rizzit
[This message has been edited by Rizzit (edited March 17, 2003 6:15:44 PM)]
JR
ComNet Cadet

[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant

Post Number:  276
Total Posts:  471
March 17, 2003 7:22:03 PM    View the profile of JR 
"So...What are we going to do now?" Snipes asked. "I guess we have to destroy that droid."  Rizzit replied, "Jed, JR come with me, Snipes and Drogo go with Teej, and Mara and Swomz go with Otto.  I want you to make sure that there are no more of these droids in our ship." As JR walked back to the room with the droid he was surprised.  He knew there was alot of action in the army but after coming from Ord Durall he thought he would at least get some rest before he had to fight again.  All of a sudden he saw a laser bolt zip by his head and he heard two explosions behind him. "You have to be more aware than that JR," Rizzit proclaimed as they continued walking. "Well," Jed exclaimed, "I guess that solves our one question about there being more than one droid on this ship." "Right," Rizzit said as he switched his comlink on, "Every body stay alert there is deffinatly more than one of these things." They then rounded the corner but all that was left of the droid was a blast mark showing that it had been destroyed.   ----------------------- TRP/LCP JR/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[LoR] "Drinking, fighting, and rowdiness is that what you think of when you think of the Irish?"
[This message has been edited by JR (edited March 17, 2003 7:22:29 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  1361
Total Posts:  3940
March 20, 2003 10:32:17 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes groaned to himself, indoor combat, his Bane, it wasnt that he couldnt do it, it was that it wasnt any fun. less chalenge and less skill needed, you could just let off a burst in the direction of your enemy and most liekly hit him, or he you. "lets move out"TJ said "right"the recently promoted lance corprols said as they walked down thier apointed hall Snipes heard a humming noise coming from around the next corner. "do you hear that?"snipes ask "yes corprol"TJ replyed"Check it out" "right"Snipes said, but he didnt like it, it ment getting real close. he advanced around the corner without and problems the humming it apeared was coming from a closet, Snipes looked at the sign above-Janitor- so something was in the janitors closet. "its in the janitors closet, please advise"Snipes asked "Check it out, we got you back"TJ said "alright" Snipes drew his weapon out and hit the door controls, "Its nothing, just the dumb cleaning droid, locked itself in here"Snipes reported. OOC:sry i didnt finish this but the bell rang/OOC

-----------------------
Lance Corprol Sniping101
RAIDERS Squad
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/LCCPRL Sniping101/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]
"Then you insert a quote here" --Rizzit
Formaly the Perpetual PFC
"Drinking, fighting, and rowdiness is that what you think of when you think of the Irish?"  sorry if ur Irish i am to i just found this really funny
Swomz
ComNet Veteran

Post Number:  1069
Total Posts:  1068
March 21, 2003 12:20:43 AM    View the profile of Swomz 
    "Hey Otto, I have an idea for finding all these droids," Swomz said.     "Alright, let's hear it," Otto sighed as he pulled out his blaster.  "What we are doing right now is too tedious."     "Okay, so basically I am going to try to have all of them in this area come to us by broadcasting orders on the same channel they received them.  Since we found that first droid as it was hacking into our computer, I was able to steal all previous communications with my computer," Swomz said excitedly as he pulled out his laptop and set it up.  He typed in the commands to get them in the base and about five seconds after he pushed the button a Rebel droid flew into the corridor that they were standing in.  Otto raised his blaster and took it down with three quick shots.  Mara pushed Swomz aside and took over the computer station.     "I am better than you at this, let me handle it," Mara said.  She started to type in commands and after two or three minutes Swomz was ready to ask what she was doing.  Mara hit the enter key and then looked up.       "Well, basically, I put all the droids on a collision course with each other," she smiled.  "So not only do we conserve ammo and not risk ourselves, but there will be a big boom.  Oh, and yes, they will crash outside and not in here."       Swomz and Otto looked at each other and then sprinted for the door to watch the spectacle.  Mara sighed and followed.  They reached the door at the same time and just barely caught the first explosion.  Swomz whooped and waited for the next.  The last set came in a group of three and Swomz burst out in laughter as they collided.  Otto hid a smile and motioned for them to move out.  "We should see if we can't repeat this all around the base.  By now, though, those droids have probably called in reinforcements.     Swomz nodded and they moved to find Rizzit and TJ.  This may not be so hard after all.   ----------------------- Lance Raiders Squad Wildcard Platoon Army of the Vast Empire TRP/CPL Swomz/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1] [IH] "War is for those who are willing to die for a cause, that is why I have learned to respect our enemies." -Swomz
[This message has been edited by (edited April 8, 2003 8:04:27 AM)]
MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

Post Number:  100
Total Posts:  220
March 21, 2003 1:06:08 PM    View the profile of MaraJade 
Mara nodded at Otto and ran back in to get her gear, she was concerned that the reinforcement droids would change channels of communication and they would have to come up with another plan.  While Mara was in the building she felt that something  was not all-right.  Mara grabbed her gear and headed towards the door to meet up with the other Raiders when she saw something move out the corner of her eye. Looking over she saw nothing...but there was something moving.. "Mara!" Otto shouted, "Get out here... we need you to get that script out to everyone on the base... they are everywhere and more are coming in by the minute." Forgetting the movement Mara ran out to the raiders... the base was in an uproar, chaos everywhere, Mara copied her script and was about to send it out to everyone when Otto shouted at her again. "Mara!, these things are crawling in the area, you need to run that thing again, where are these things coming from... we need help here... what is going on... Mara where are you with that?! " "IT IS NOT WORKING, I was worried this would happen,they switched channels, I am trying to broadcast on different channels but there are too many to randomly keep checking, I  need 30 minute to scan these!"  Mara yelled back Otto looked back at Mara "What?  we don't have 30 minutes or even 10.. I need something now!" Mara typed away like she had not heard Otto, suddenly she looked up, "Give me help then, leave two troopers with me, with laptops, so they can help me... I will show them what to look for, then buy us some time, watch our backs so we can focus on getting you a miracle in 5 minutes.." Mara sighed... "that's not a guarantee  mind you, just possibly a chance" Otto growled... "Take TJ and Swomz... I am already short... When Rizzit gets over here we will try to give you your 5 minutes to make sure you don't get shot... but that's not a guarantee either" Mara smiled... looked over at the other rangers setting up with her... "OK, this is what I need you to look for, scan these channels and this is the script we run... and cross your fingers, we are looking for a miracle here." Swomz laughed..."Isnt that what the Raiders do?  Deliver miracles in 5 minutes or less... or its free." Mara smiled.. "seems we do..."   ----------------------- TRP/CPL MaraJade/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by MaraJade (edited March 21, 2003 1:07:43 PM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

March 21, 2003 5:43:47 PM    View the profile of Rizzit 
"Crap!" Rizzit said as another swarm of droids entered the area. Rizzit picked up his comlink and turned it on. "Otto! Otto! This is Rizzit! Do you copy?" "Yea Rizz, I copy! What's the scoop?" Otto replied. "Where are these things coming from? Another swarm just entered our area! And on top of that---HOLY MOTHER OF PALPATINE!" "What Rizz? What's going on?" "Rebel transports have just landed! I'm going to check that out. Can you spare any men?" "No actually I can't. I lost two to mara and there are four of us left. And we're under heavy fire too!" "Well, I'll have Jed go on ahead. In the meantime, I will come back with JR to assist you!" "Okay Rizz. We'll be expecting ya." "Right..." Rizzit said with a sigh. "Jed, I need you to go ahead and check out what that transport is upto. JR, you're coming with me! Otto and the rest need help! Oh, and Jed: Try not to get hurt this time! I mean it! JR, com'on!" The three split up. The groups were uneven, but Jed was only going to do some scouting. Jed climbed up on top of the base walls, and got into a turret. This way he figured not only could he see everything, but he could also do some damage to the enemies. Meanwhile, JR and Rizzit were back-tracking to Otto's position. It was nighttime, so it was harder to navigate. On top of that they were firing up at the rebel probe droids at the same time. Finally after navigating through the maze of tall, white walls the two met up with the rest of the RAIDERS. "Okay everyone, now that we're all together! Those not on PCs take out every droid that you can!" Otto ordered. "We need to provide them with all the time we can get!" On Otto's command, the squad began firing at the same target all at once, that way more droids could be taken out. "What are they doing?" Rizzit asked while he fired? "Scrambling channels for the robots, so that they will crash into each other! It worked before, but the robots knew to change channels!" "That's not good. If the robots are smart enough to change channels, then who knows what else are they capable of?" Rizzit asked.

-----------------------
First Sergeant Rizzit BlackHeart
Wildcard Platoon
Raider's Squad Leader
Army of the Vast Empire
SL/PSGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD]
"There is no true victory, unless you learn from the experience!"--Rizzit
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

Post Number:  143
Total Posts:  143
March 21, 2003 6:54:28 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Jed sat down hard in front of the turret controls, and fired the whole thing up.  He did a quick scan of the area, and saw at least 3 groups of a dozen or so droids flying around.  He then focused on the transports that were arriving.  Risking the fact that he might give away the Raiders position, he fired the composite-beam pinpoint laser at an isolated transport as it came down.  It exploded into a spectacular fireball as it flew toward the ground, gaining speed.  He felt the explosion impact more than he actually heard it, because he was inside the turret and had his helmet on.  He fired on two more of them, destroying them completely. "Riz, this is Jed, do you copy?" Jed radioed to Rizzit. "*static*...this is Riz, whats up Jed?" "I've managed to take out two of the transports before they landed...but in the process probably gave away our position." "Ok Jed, I copy...quick thinkning with the firing, with all those dang droids around they probably know exactly where each one of is right now." "Isn't THAT conmforting!" "heh, Just keep up the good work, you have my permission to fire on anything that comes close enough to do any harm." "Gotcha boss.  Jed out." Jed thumbed off his radio and searched for another target.   ----------------------- TRP/CPL the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE Rank: Corporal Squad: Raiders "Faithful to the end..." Joined: March 28, 2002 Age: 15
[This message has been edited by the3Djedi (edited March 21, 2003 10:53:52 PM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

March 24, 2003 10:25:19 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes had been drinking a little before this, having not been on active duty,and was intoxicated enough to find shooting at droids entertaining, but sober enough to not miss his shots. "YEAH!"Snipes scream laughing at the same time having hit one droid making it explode and its explosion destroyed a friend near by. "PULL IT TOGETHER SNIPES!"Otto yelled just then a bolt flew past his shoulder, ok, he was sober now. "DIE %$^%^#@^$^$^s"Snipes yelled letting off a 5round burst and hitting 4"sry Otto, i missed one" Snipes lined up and *PCHU* just then Rizzit sdas to ther position, blasting away droids as he came. "did we miss anything?"Rizzit asked "only Snipes losin it, but that stoped soon enough" "Snipes"Rizzit said reprimandingly "well, i wasnt on duty, its ok when your off duty. . .i think" "anyway looks like we got ground-pounders"Rizzit commented to Otto "howmany"otto asked "too many" "how much longer Mara?" "about 2 minutes, if we're lucky"she replyed "what do you mean"if we're lucky"?"Otto asked getting upset "they're jamming my scanners" "S***" OOCAMN BELL(i have to do this from school)/OOC   ----------------------- Lance Corprol Sniping101 RAIDERS Squad Army of the Vast Empire TRP/LCCPRL Sniping101/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR] "Then you insert a quote here" --Rizzit Formaly the Perpetual PFC "Drinking, fighting, and rowdiness is that what you think of when you think of the Irish?"  sorry if ur Irish i am to i just found this really funny
[This message has been edited by Talon (edited March 24, 2003 11:02:38 AM)]
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

March 24, 2003 4:13:14 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Jed sighted another transport and blasted it to oblivion.  The only difference was that this one had been on the ground when it exploded.  Jed grinned in satisfactoin and pulled the trigger again.  Suddenly lights were blinking and alarms going off in his small turret.  "WHAT THE..."  Jed looked around alarmed and began hitting all the buttons and switches he could think of.  Finally after about 3 minutes all the alarms stopped, and so did the lights.  Jed looked at his control panel.  Everything was dead.  He then heard a clanking noise outside his closed turret.  He reached his hand to open the door but then jerked it back in horror as he heard the unmistakable sound of a metal cutting droid as it began its work.  crap...crap...crap... Jed's head began to spin.  He grabbed his comlink and thumbed it on, then off just as quickly after hearing furious static.  He picked up his two Deathhammers and made sure they were loaded.  He was sure that there were a lot of drioids out there, he could here them all, buzzing and clicking, almost sensing their prey.  He closed his eyes, praying that possibly someone heard the racket he made when all the alarms went off.  He could see the metal getting orangish as the cutting driod was breaking through.  He winced as the first hot drops of melted metal hit the ground...and heard lasers begin to pound the outside of the turret... ****************** Rizzit, along with JR blasted any droids in sight. "Uh, Riz, I think I just blasted one of our cleaning droids..." JR said quickly, glancing up. "Heck with the danged cleaning droids!" Rizzit aimed and took out three more droids. "They're not doing any good right now!" JR grinned and resumed his fight.  In the temporary absence of enemy fire, Rizzit looked up and saw Otto running up to him. "What is it?" he asked. "Something...doesn't feel right...where's Jed?" he asked. "Back at in a turret, wh--you think something's happened?" Rizzit asked quickly. "All I'm saying is that something doesn't feel right and there were those transports landing..." Suddenly Rizzit's comlink began to beep.  He pulled it out and thumbed it on.  Loud static met his ears. "Crap!" he muttered. "JR, come with me somthing must be wrong!" At that moment Mara ran up. "Riz!  There's something wrong with all of our defense mechanism!" she said breathlessly. "All manned turrets and auto-turrets have gone haywire!" "Not good, not good at all!  Come on JR lets go get Jed!" The two ran as fast as they could back toward the entrance.  They were met with sparodic blaster fire, but nothing they couldn't handle.  They looked up and saw the main entrance swarming with dozens of droid.  They were in clusters around the different turrets.  Rizzit and JR both lifted their guns and began destroying the guns. "Which turret is Jed in?" JR yelled. "That one up there!" Rizzit gestured toward one. JR looked closer, and aimed closley and saw the cutter droid breaking in.  "He's trying to break in!" JR lifted his blaster and fired repeated shots, missing the droid, but diverting him for a second.  Rizzit aimed slowly, and took it out with one shot. ****************** Jed started back with surprise as the barrage of laser shots stopped, as well as the cutter droid.  He heard muffled blaster fire, and yells.  Deciding that he'd rather die in battle than in a stuffy turret, Jed kicked open the door with a bloodcurdling scream and jumped out, both deathhammers emitting lasers.  He saw Rizzit and JR and made a mad dash toward them. "AAAAAAHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!!!" THey covered him as he rolled behind a small box of supplies. "JED! COME ON!" Rizzit yelled over the lasers that were flying by.  He followed his two fellow troopers back into the main parts of the base, leaving the small hell behind.   ----------------------- Sergeant the3Djedi The RAIDERS Squad Wildcard Platoon Army Of The Vast Empire TRP/SGT the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[IG]RoM] "Bring it!"
[This message has been edited by the3Djedi (edited March 24, 2003 7:38:35 PM)]
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

April 3, 2003 8:08:43 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Jed followed Rizzit and JR back through the door.  They met up with a few enemy droids and destroyed them quickly.  They met back with Mara and Snipes. Mara she screamed silently to herself as another error message appeared on her screen.  "Rizzit, all the computers are screwed up!" Rizzit jogged over.  "What's going on?" "I keep getting an error telling me that don't have access to several of the main computers...they must have been taken over." "Hmm..." "The only way we could re-gain control of the system is to re-capture the physical computers themselves...the droids must have somehow got them." "Do you have the locations of the ones we need?" "Yeah...here lemme load a map." "I'll send a couple troopers down there, and the rest of us will have to fight the incoming troops." "Ok, here's the map..."  Mara pointed to seven blinking dots on the map.  "Those are the ones under droid control." "Wow...some of them are a couple clicks away..." "Yeah, but it's the only way we'll be able to regain control..." "Right.  Call everyone back here, I'll need to brief them all."

-----------------------
Sergeant the3Djedi
The RAIDERS Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army Of The Vast Empire
TRP/SGT the3djedi/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE[IG]RoM]
"Bring it!"
Swomz
ComNet Veteran

April 8, 2003 8:03:08 AM    View the profile of Swomz 
(OOC: Two posts today to make up for yesterday by me. EDIT: I counted wrong, 2 2 and 3 computers for the teams to take out/OOC)     Swomz glanced around the secure briefing room and took his seat.  Rizzit had just walked in moments before after having discussed something with Mara, and he looked like he was ready for another fight.  Everyone quieted down when Rizzit "ahemed" and took their seats around the holoprojector.     "It has come to my attention that these Rebel saboteurs are able to conduct these acts of sabotage because of their control over the seven main, physical computers.  We are going to split up into groups of three and each take out a few of them.  TJ, Swomz, Jed, you guys will take the northernmost trisector.  It contains three of the seven, so you guys get to have the most fun," Rizzit paused as Jed spoke up.     "I am tired of waiting, we are gonna kick some punk arse out there boys," he exclaimed with such emotion that Swomz chuckled and Rizzit smiled.     "Good.  Next, Myself, Mara, and Snipes will take the sutheastern trisector.  Ours contains two of the computers, one of them being the main databank computer for this whole installation.  We expect heavy resistance, so Otto, if you, Drogo, and JR get a call, get there fast.  Also, you are the last group, you have the southwestern trisector with two computers.  We don't expect for you to have much resistance, but stick together nonetheless."     "Yes, sir, but when we are done can we roast marshmallows over an open droid fire? Otto asked.  Nervous laughter broke out at the lame crack.  Rizzit smiled and nodded.     "Sure Otto, whatever floats your boat," Rizzit chuckled.  "You have about a half an hour to prepare.  I suggest having some grenades on you since blasters are most definetly not guaranteed to work.  So good luck and may we roast marshmallows over the hollow skeletons of our enemies tonight!"     Everyone laughed and cheered then got up and prepared to fight.  It was going to be a long, long night.   ----------------------- Lance Raiders Squad Wildcard Platoon Army of the Vast Empire TRP/CPL Swomz/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1] [IH] "War is for those who are willing to die for a cause, that is why I have learned to respect our enemies." -Swomz
[This message has been edited by (edited April 10, 2003 7:38:32 PM)]
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

April 8, 2003 8:28:10 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Jed glanced back at Swomz as he strapped in some extra power packs for his blaster. "You ready man?" he asked. "As ready as ever!" he replied. The trio of TJ Jed and Swomz started out toward the speeder bike garage. "Ok, one thing we have to decide about is whether to take the main paths or cut across the country...I expect a lot heavier resistance if we take the main routes." "I say we cut across..." Jed said slowly. "We will be conservin our power for the big battle." "Yeah, but it will probably have more obstacles and will take longer to get there." Objected Swomz. "I agree with Jed, but we should all agree before we move on." TJ said. "Ok, I guess cutting across would have its advantages." he decided.  Let's go with it!" Three speeder bikes whipped out of the hanger and toward the three main computers. "Lets spread out in case we do run into some droids!" TJ shouted over his comm. "Roger that!" Jed swerved off to the left, and Swomz to the right. "Uh oh," TJ started, "I'm pikcing up something on my scope...it's not much, but it could be droids!" "Copy that TJ!" Swomz said as he reached down and powered up the guns on his bike. Jed looked up and saw a smal cluster of droid seemingly materialze he was going so fast.  He pulled the triggers and blasted a couple of them out of the sky. "Don't stay back and clean them up!" TJ yelled, "Just take out whatever you can, re-gaining control of the cmputers is out main priority!" Jed nodded to himself and blasted a few more.  Suddenly one of the droids veered into his bike and he swerved off course.  "AHHH!!!!" he yelled as he spun crazily around.  He jumped off his bike and made a hard landing on the rough terrain.  He jumped up just in time to blast a droid that was about to kill him.  Swomz suddenly pulled up. "Hop on!" Jed jumped on and they sped away.

-----------------------
Sergeant the3Djedi
The RAIDERS Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army Of The Vast Empire
"Bring it!"
Swomz
ComNet Veteran

April 8, 2003 8:51:09 PM    View the profile of Swomz 
    "You going to thank me now, or thank me later?" Swomz asked Jed who was panting on the back of the bike.  Swomz swerved out of the way and figured Jed was to busy shooting at their pursuers to care about small details like when he was going to thank Swomz.  "Hold on tight, if my idea works, we should lose some of those droids AND get a damn big explosion."     "Swomz, what the hell are you planning to do...oh my god," Jed exclaimed just as Swomz swerved beneath a rock outcropping with no more than ten centimeters to spare on each side.  He chuckled and continued to jet towards their destination as a huge boom resounded off the canyon walls.  A roar began to build up in their wake.     "That's what the Navy taught me, Jed," Swomz said with a sly smile.  He glanced back to check out his handy work and his jaw dropped.  He called TJ on the comlink just as the landslide was nearing midway down the slope, "Hey, TJ.  You might want to pick up the pace a little.  There are a few rocks tumbling behind you."     Swomz saw TJ glance over his shoulder and then heard the most colorful and vivid string of obscenities come out of the solemn and quiet man, "What the F*** did you do.  Sithspit, we have to get the hell out of here, that thing will keep going even after it hits bottom.  I swear to god I am going to make you sorry when we get back to camp."     Swomz chuckled nervously, "Uh, yeah, sorry man.  I didn't mean to...it just sort of happened that way.  Think on the bright side, we don't really have any more enemies following us.  And we have a reason to go faster and more recklessly on our speeders."     "No, Swomz, we don't have any enemies chasing us, we have an ENTIRE MOUNTAIN doing that job.  And my bike is already in the red zone, so yours probably is, too," TJ said exasperatedly.     "I have done this kind of thing plenty of times, you can go a ways past the red zone without blowing to pieces.  Anyways, let's keep moving," Swomz said, glad for the final relief from TJ's scrutiny.  Now to kick some droid ass.

-----------------------
Lance Raiders Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/CPL Swomz/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1] [IH]
"War is for those who are willing to die for a cause, that is why I have learned to respect our enemies." -Swomz
Swomz
ComNet Veteran

April 9, 2003 9:30:56 AM    View the profile of Swomz 
(OOC: I will post on myself I guess, sorry if I am moving too quickly for you guys...if you want time to add a story, just post on here that you are writing one and edit the message later with the story included./OOC)     They were nearing the exit of the canyon on their speeder bikes when Jed yelled for Swomz to veer to the left.  He pointed towards a cave big enough to hold four TIE Fighters.  Swomz motioned for TJ to follow and they slowed down, stopping in the cave.  Swomz hopped off the bike and walked back to Jed.     "Why did we stop man?  We are almost there and out of this forsaken canyon," Swomz said.  He motioned toward the entrance where they had just come from.  Jed pointed, and as Swomz walked to the cave entrance he heard a buzz that was growing louder as he moved to the entrance.  Just as he reached it a metallic object sped by.  He jumped back and fell to the ground as TJ and Jed chuckled.  "What the hell was that and why is it here?"     "I will let TJ explain, since he is the one who let me on about it and told me to find a place where we could hide while you were driving the speeder," Jed said with a smirk.     "It looks as if our enemy has control of a half Squadron of Droid Starfighters, a new and improved model that is.  I was able to take out one that was following me with the landslide, but now not only do we have to worry about those droids, but we have to worry about starfighters," TJ said quietly, having reverted back to his usual self.  He gave them the specs of the average starfighter and told them about the weak spots.  "So, if you can hit the control panel just to the center of the left wing, it will be detached from its computer brain and it will crash in a great ball of fire.  The last place you can hit it is in the fuselage, you need a very high-powered weapon to blow it up, but it is a big target.  It is located just behind the two wings, slightly to the left side."     "Alright, sounds good.  Now, for getting to the first computer console.  It is only about one klick from here, so we might as well hike in there and take the element of surprise," Swomz said as Jed and TJ listened intently.  "There are two vulnerable points, one on the northern wall of the complex and one if you come in through the ventalation duct.  It was set to be fixed today...it's a good thing Requisitions is always late."     "I will take the northern wall, you two take the ventilation duct.  I am guessing you will make it to the computer first, so seal off the control room.  If that's all, let's move out," TJ said to Jed and Swomz.  They gathered their gear, camouflaged their speeder bikes and began the trek to the enemy-held compound.   ----------------------- Lance Raiders Squad Wildcard Platoon Army of the Vast Empire TRP/CPL Swomz/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1] [IH] "War is for those who are willing to die for a cause, that is why I have learned to respect our enemies." -Swomz
[This message has been edited by (edited April 9, 2003 9:34:07 AM)]
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

April 10, 2003 12:34:14 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited April 11, 2003 7:55:27 AM)]
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

April 10, 2003 8:05:36 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Jed followed Swomz as they headed to the ventilation duct entry to the main computer. "Heck, how far away are we now?" Jed asked. "About .7 clicks..." Swomz paused, looking around. "Oh, ok." Jed didn't sound too excited. "Well we've gone .3 clicks..."  Suddenly a squadron of droid fighters flew overhead. "DOWN!" Swomz yelled, but Jed was already down. "I don't think they saw us..." Jed started. "Yeah but if they do were's in BIG trouble.  Let's keep moving." They continued on for a while until they saw the buliding rise up ahead of them in the distance. "Ok, from here in we go SILENTLY." Jed said.  Swomz nodded. As they made their way up to the ventilation shaft opening, they spotted several guard droids. "Hmm...I wish we had a small EMP to disable those without making a riot." Swomz mused. "Yeah, that would save us a lot of trouble" Jed answered, looking around. "Well, we'll have to do this...be prepared for any type of backup...we don't know what they have." Swomz looked down for the tenth time to make sure his gun was powered up.  Jed holstered his rifle and pulled out his dual DeathHammers which had a slower firing rate, but were much more accurate.  He and Swomz slowly advanced on the unsuspecting droids.  They looked at each other and nodded, then openfire.  6 shots later, it was over. "whoa." Jed said. "Yeah, they must have had self destruct mechanism on them!" swomz said. "Weird, I didn't think they would put that on (no, not from EP1) battle droids!" "Well, luckily our little firefight didn't spark up any attention...but lets get the heck in there anyaways." "I roger that!"

-----------------------
Sergeant the3Djedi
The RAIDERS Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army Of The Vast Empire
"Bring it!"
TJ
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Colonel
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian (SG)

Post Number:  198
Total Posts:  261
April 10, 2003 8:09:04 PM    View the profile of TJ 
TJ crept through dense bush as he entered the forest and headed on his way towards the compound. Looking to his side, he saw Jed and Swomz doing the same several metres away. For now they were ralatively close to eachother, but TJ had a good feeling that was soon going to change and something was making him think they might not be even be able to maintain communications until they came near the compound. After going another couple yards, TJ looked over once again to be met with nothing but an empty forest with scattered bushes and trees. It had grown incredibly quite silent, eerily almost. Deciding to put this behind him, TJ marched on. He would be at the compound in no time and he decided he would rather ignore the silence than come out of the forest distracted. As he did this, TJ could have sworn he had heard a low humming coming from the bushes to his right. Instinctively, he rolled and ducked behind a nearby tree. To confirm it, a short pattern of beeps came from the bushes in front of him. Glancing in the direction he'd been going he saw that he was not far from getting out of the forest. The same beeping once again could be heard as he examined the situation, only this time it came from behind him. Firing into the first bushes and then rolling, TJ tried his best to avoid blasts from the other side and shards of what he was presumed was a droid as it exploded. Returning fire, he watched as the other also broke apart and fell to the ground. 'So, they've got the forest occupied, and it seems that the compound will now know I'm coming.' Just to confirm his thoughts, TJ heard two more hums from the direction of the compound. 'Those sound like the starfighters.'... "Smomz, Jed, come in...can you hear me? They know I'm coming...are you there?" The only responce TJ could hear was static. Just as he feared...they were isolated from eachother and could all be in mortal danger.

-----------------------
Trooper Colonel TJ
Sith Guardian TJ
TRP/COL TJ/4SQD/1PLT//VE
{CDSx2}{ES}{CM GW}{LoCx7}{MSM}[IOC]
SG TJ
"The average galactic citizen does not fear the Dark Jedi he cannot see, does not think much of the star destroyer that circles beyond the clouds.  He fears the stormtrooper down the street, inside the garrison built to ensure that citizens do not step out of line." -Fury
     *Joined December, 1999*
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

April 11, 2003 8:40:15 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
OOC:hope this is better Riz, and what kinda planet is the RAIDERS home base on?/OOC
As they sped across the landscape Snipes looked around the small Speeder Rizzit was Driving, Snipes was in the passenger seat manning the gun mounted on the front and Mara was in the back on the look out.
"Snipes!thers something on the left, looks like Droids"Mara yelled
Snipes looked down at his Scopes
"I dont see anything on my Scopes"Snipes yelled over his shoulder
"The Scopes probly dont work, Like everything else on this Speeder"
"OK, Manualy then"Snipes yelled tapping his Scopes screen again.
He fliped the switch to change the gun to manual control and zoomed his fireing screen in x2. turned the gun right, then left to see if it even worked.
"wich direction, Mara"Snipes yelled
"left"
"What degrees?"
"45"
Snipes zeroed in on that area and swept around looking for droids,He saw a buncha black dots and bumped his magnification up to x50, they wher droids alright, about 4, he carefully took aim and fired a shot at the closest one, fallowing shortly on the others hopefully before they could get any comunications out.
"that apears to be all of them"Mara confirmed
"good"Rizzit said
they continued to speed at the speeders max speed.
"we have more ahead"Mara informed them
"permision sergent?" Snipes asked
"go ahead"Rizzit agreed
"yay"snipes commented
"dead ahead Snipes"Mara informed him
"thnx"
Snipes turned the gun to ahead, got the crosshairs right over it and *PCHU*PCHU*PCHU* two down, the second had taken two shots.
"$%@%^ it"Snipes yelled just letting of several bursts in the enemys direction
"LANCE CORPROL!"Rizzit yelled"You can be POed just dont tell everyone"
"at least im not TK"Snipes said
"just concentrate" Rizzit said"this speeder cant handle getiing hit!"
"OK!"Snipes yelled as he blasted away at droids"i could use some support MARA, thers alot of them"
"i cant hit them from this far"
"just shoot at the black dots!"snipes yelled in an adrenalin rush"its hard to miss, and thers a Scope on your gun for a reason"
"Snipes!"rizzit yelled"Cool it"
"sry, its this adrenaline"
"just shoot"
Snipes continued to fire, with random blasts coming over his head and hitting the Droids,
"Sergent!"Snipes yelled in surprise"ther are toopers ther"
"what kind?"
"republic"
"then shoot them too"
Snipes continued to fire now, but they wher close enough they wher being shot at too, even Rizzit was holding a gun over the windshield and shooting.
OOC:g2g, sry i couldnt finish. . .again/OOC

-----------------------
Lance Corprol Sniping101
RAIDERS Squad
Army of the Vast Empire
"Drinking, fighting, and rowdiness is that what you think of when you think of the Irish?"  sorry if ur Irish i am to i just found this really funny
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

April 11, 2003 9:04:23 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
With troopers on the horizon, this changed things a little bit. Rizzit knew this and ordered Snipes to take the controls. Snipes protested as usual, but Rizzit wouldn't hear it.

"Just drive so I can dig out some stuff out of the compartment! I'll only be a minute." Rizzit yelled

"Roger." Snipes replied

Rizzit went to the back of the speeder while Snipes drove around avoiding the shots from the troopers. Mara attempted to shoot with her standard E-11 rifle. Rizzit was digging in the back and finally yelled "I got them!" Rizzit had three rather large guns in his arms.

"Okay, this should teach them a lesson. Mara: Take this Concussion Rifle. Snipes: take this Falchette Launcher. I will man the speeder and use the heavy repeater." Rizzit said.

"Okay Rizzit." They said as they both took aim with their new rifles.  The tide had definately turned, and the Rebels were not going to last much longer. With the three of them using heavy weapons, the base would soon be theirs once again! Hopefully, there were no computers in the area. The blasts could destroy them.

-----------------------
Raider's Squad Leader
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
SL/1SGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD]
"Death is never an easy thing to deal with. It happens so frequently, yet it still takes us by surprise!"--Rizzit
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

April 11, 2003 9:32:36 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 

OOC:if you dont like it Rizz just tell me and ill remove it, im not sure about the part after the rock/OOC
"YAY"Snipes yelled as he shot from his new toy
  a concusion blast came flying over his head.
"whoa, Mara ever used one of those?"
"ya, once"
"aim up more"
a concusion blast came fly over him and landing further up twards the enemy
"good one!" Snipes yelled as he watched troopers fly everywher
he shot his new toy and watched tropers be practicaly disinegrated infront of him
"this things pretty cool!" Snipes yelled
"well keep shooting Snipes!, this thing cant hold together that long, it was never ment for battle"
oneof the enemy troopers tossed a grenade into the cargo hatch Rizzit had left open wright before getting desinegrated by Snipes.
"JUMP!"Rizzit yelled whil jumping from the speeder
the others falowing suite
*BANG**BANG*BANG* Snipes gun echoed as he desinegrated enemy troopers, sometimes more than one would get hit with one shot, and only one would get disengrated but both would die, *BANG*BANG*BANG* Snipes gun went off as he rolled behind a nearby rock, he could hear the fire from his squad mates behind him and to the left. *BooM*BooM* he heard Maras gun sound from behind, then Rizz must be to the left, Snipes thought

*BOOOOOOOM*
That would be the speeder and a good part of Snipes demolition gear, all he had now was a small cutting torch, a few pounds of plastic explosives, some fuses, and his speacial reinforced grappling hook,
Snipes dared to looke out around his rock and wasnt greeted with any fire from the enemy, infact the was a big whole in the fround wher the speeder had been at the time of its explosion, it was about 20yard up ther, musta been a long fuse on that sucker Snipes thought, now to find the others.
"Rizzit, Marra, do you read?"Snipes asked
"we're still alive, dont worry Snipes, just a bit shaken from that explosion, that was no ordinary grenade"Rizzit replyed
"no, just most of my equipment, i wasnt able to grab my backpack"
"#%@%, oh well snipes, ther dont apear to be many left, i think, wait *rumbling sound* that explosion dislodged this rock! get over here, OUCH!"
Snipes took off int the direction he heard a distant rumbling, he ran for about 30 seconds before he got to a small down hill slope, he couls see wher the rock had been near the top and its path down the hill, and ther was, oh no, the telltale white armour and pauldrun of the SL, Snipes ran down to see if he could do anything, althou he would hate to be amedic, he did kno some first aid and some advanced aid from hunting and working on a vinyard, as Snipes got to about a fourth of the way down the hill, wich would be about 10 feet down, he saw Mara, or rather a trooper he knew was Mara,kneeling beside the layed out SL.
"how bad is it"Snipes asked
"just a cut"Rizzit said as he stood up"the boulder came rolling down and i jumped out of its way, but my left had that was holding my E-11 was too slow and got hit by the boulder, i dropped the E-11 and it got crushed"as he said that he pointed to the small peices of mettel strewn down teh hill"but i still have my heavy blaster i had leaned up against this rock"
"ok,"Snipes said
"we had better get going, check your ammo"
"my big gun is almost outm ah well, if i end up disposing of this one ill pay you back Riz"
"why bother, that ones yours"Rizzit said with a smile hidden be hind his exprsionless mask.
"oh, i thought this was still at the bottum of my foot locker"
"tell ya what Snipes, its my fault its out here, so ill pay you back"
"ok"
"lets go"Mara interjected"im reading ppl on my scanner"
"people?"Rizzit asked"not droids?"
"Life forms, 5 apear to be human, 2 i just dont kno"
"lets set up for an ambush then"Rizzit said "wich direction are they coming from?"
"right from me"
"ok, wich means they're moving acrosthis hill, so the best plavce would be the top, ok Snipes, you still have your E-11 that you modifyed to fit your needs?"
"yup"Snipes said grinning and patting his side wher it was holstered
"ok, i need you to go about 30 meters up to the left behind that rock that looks like a AT-AT foot, you willuse you favorite skill from ther, Mara, i need you to take that tree ten meters in the same diretion, im gonna take this rock strait up here, Mara, i want you to confirm them as hostiles before any fighting begins unless they start it, got it?"
"Affirmative" the other two confirmed
"good, now get in position"
Snipes Ran to his position because the contacts couldnt be far away, from ther he watched the others get settled in, he took out two grenades and sat them behind his boulder, he laid down his flechette and unholstered his E-11, he had modifyed it to be slightly more accurate,but not enough, so he leaned that up against his rock, he took out his knife with the nonreflective edge and laid that on top of his boulder, he then unholstered his backup pistol from its hiding place and cocked it, made a few minor adjustmeants to the scope and prepared for the order.
"they're enemys alwright, and they are all seven human, my scanner had a rock in it" Mara crackled over the comlink
Snipes took aim and *PCHU* head shot thru the closest republic trooper, no mistaking the uniform. from bellow he could hear the rapid fire of Rizzits gun and the short bursts from mara, 4 fell,the last two rolled behin rocks and trees and started to fire, unfortuanity for the one behind the rock, he was still exposed to Snipes, and quikly learned a leason he wouldnt forget for the rest of his life,5seconds, the trooper behind the tree was quikly disposed of, seeing as a tree is a bad place to hide from blasters tha eventualy cut through.

OOC:couldnint finish

EDIT:couldnt finish again, just go with it from here/OOC
-----------------------
Lance Corprol Sniping101
RAIDERS Squad
Army of the Vast Empire
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited April 12, 2003 12:54:29 AM)]
Otto Vox
ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)

Post Number:  866
Total Posts:  1390
April 12, 2003 12:14:35 AM    View the profile of Otto Vox 
Otto stared off into the distance, trying to discern what it was that he'd heard. Using his Force enhanced senses, he realized that he'd heard and now saw, a squadron of Droid Starfighters. They were too far off to be of any danger to his trio - himself, JR and Drogo. They'd been heading towards their target, the southwestern computer base. They were about 2 klicks away now, and had only encountered low profile scouts that had had no time to report in on being under attack, due to Otto's Force assisted sniping skills. Otto's hand twitched at his side, itching to grab up his lightsabre and kill some Rebels is mass amounts. He eased his hand and turned back towards JR and Drogo.

"What are they sir?" JR asked

"Droid Starfighters," Otto replied, flinching at the loudness of JR's voice through the Force, "They're newer than the fighters that were used in the Clone Wars, enhanced mabye. How the Rebels got a hold of them; I have no idea."

"Do you think we should bother with them?" Drogo asked

"No, they're too far away and heading in the opposite direction. But they do seem to be around Swomz TJ and Jed."

"And we have no way of finding out their status."

"No, not with the transmition on this damn planet. Just get back on the speeders and get to the computer base, and we'll head over and meet up with Rizzit or TJ."

They hopped back on their speeders and flew towards the computer base. Otto let JR drive so that he could meditate and reach out to TJ to see how they were doing. He could sense tension running through the other Dark Jedi, which meant they were in battle, but he was alive, and full of health; so were his trio. Otto reached out to Rizzit, the former Dark Jedi was also in the heat of battle, but less than TJ. The entire squad was still intact; and Otto wished it to stay that way. In an hour or so they would be at the computer base, have it blown, and be on their way to meet up with the rest of the RAIDERS.

-----------------------
Sergeant First Class Otto Vox
Dark Jedi Knight
Executive Officer - Raiders Squad
XO/CE/SFC Otto Vox/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VEEC/VE(LM)(ES)(SoS)
CM/DJK Otto Vox/Krath/Lion 1-4/VEDJ
Give into the inferno that is the Dark Side of the Force.-Otto Vox
Fear, fear attracts the fearful, the strong, the weak, the innocent, fear is my ally.-Darth Maul
the3Djedi
ComNet Initiate

April 16, 2003 2:52:35 PM    View the profile of the3Djedi 
Jed and Swomz stepped quietly into the ventilation shaft.

"Man, it's pretty dark in here!" Jed muttered.

"Yeah, the droids don't need the light I guess." Swomz replied, looking around for a light switch.

"Don't bother," said Jed, guessing what Swomz was looking for. "They probably have all the power feeding into the dang computer...besides it would give us away."

"Right." Swomz said.

They walked on in silence for a bit and then came to a room filled with a couple droids.

"Those are protocal droids!" Swomz hissed.

"Yeah...well blasting the computers wouldn't really help, I figured they needed something else.

"Should we take them out?" Swomz asked.

"Well--" Jed started but was suddenly cought off guard by a quiet hiss in his earpiece.  He had had the volume on low in case someone tried to contact them well he was in a situtation where he need to be quiet.

"Smomz, Jed, co....in...can.....hear me? They know..I.... ming...are you..........."

"Crap, TJ's in trouble." Jed said quietly.

"What do we do no--" Swomz was suddenly quiet.

"Swomz? Wha....."

"Hands up!" the metalic voice of a battle droid said.  "Now!"

-----------------------
Sergeant the3Djedi
The RAIDERS Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army Of The Vast Empire
"Bring it!"
TJ
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Colonel
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian (SG)

Post Number:  198
Total Posts:  261
April 18, 2003 5:44:11 AM    View the profile of TJ 
TJ scrambled through trees as the droid starfighters began to liftoff. As he broke through the brush, other droids that had been hiding were now chasing him and firing at him every time he came into view. All of a sudden TJ had gotten through the last of the forest and was in a wide open clearing, about 150 metres from the compound. With this, TJ ignited his lightsaber and reflected the droid's volleys back at them. It was not long before they had all destroyed themselves and TJ was once again alone, but he knew it would not be for long.

Examining his surroundings, TJ saw that he was infact on the southern side of the complex and was quite a ways from his destination. With the starfighters circling overhead, it looked as if he would have to keep to the forest and make his way to the other side of the clearing. It was going to take some time, but it seemed to be his only option. So, TJ slipped back into the forest and slowly made his way around, taking care of periodic droid resistance as he went.

-----------------------
Trooper Colonel TJ
Sith Guardian TJ
TRP/COL TJ/4SQD/1PLT//VE
{CDSx2}{ES}{CM GW}{LoCx7}{MSM}[IOC]
SG TJ
"The average galactic citizen does not fear the Dark Jedi he cannot see, does not think much of the star destroyer that circles beyond the clouds.  He fears the stormtrooper down the street, inside the garrison built to ensure that citizens do not step out of line." -Fury
     *Joined December, 1999*
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

April 18, 2003 8:39:17 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
""Rizzit, you might want to pick up a replacement weapon"Snipes commented as they serveyed the bodys
"probly shouldnt have killed them all"Rizzit commented picking up a republic blaster and stuffing it in his empty holster"we had better move"
"affirmative"Snipes and Mara confirmed
"wich direction is it Mara?"
"That way"Mara said pointing over the hill in the direction of the speeder crash
"of course"Rizzit said smacking himself
they started walking that direction and found more dead rebles, some completely torn apart by Snipes gun others lieing at wierd angles from the explosions of Maras ConC rifle. as they walked forward ther wher less bodys for about 10 yards then ther was alot of them in a cirles almost around an area with a diameter of about 90 feet and ther was a large crater in the ground.
"ther wher more explosives in ther than i thought"Snipes commented
"lets continue on, how far is it Mara?"Rizzit asked
"about half a mile"
"lets walk on alittle then rest"
They walked about half an hour befor they got to a group of rocks on ahill they rested in
"Mara, Anything near?"Rizzit asked
"Negative, ther is no life on my scopes"Mara replyed
Snipes looked back at the other two, he had offered to keep watch while they took a short rest.
"We had better get moving then"Rizzit said Standing up
Mara put a couple of peices of her equipment she'd been checking back in thier respective pouches and stood up.
N ned to ask directions, they could see the complex from here, but it apeared to be deserted, Snipes brought his scope back up to his visor to look again,
"Wait"Snipes said as he saw something quikly move behind one of the buildings"i guess i was just sseing thigs, but i coulda sworn i saw movement"
Snipes holstered his E-11 and sat his Felchette down behind a rock, it would get more in the way than do good with just a few shots left. they began walking down the hill twards the complex, it was still a couple hundred yards away. Snipes took a knife out of its hiding place and put it in his belt wher he could get to it better and drew his E-11, something wasnt right and he knew the others could feel it too, Mara kept looking at her watch thingy for enemys and rizzit was fidigiting with his heavy blaster, a good ten minutes brought then within 50 feet of the complex, wich from the outside still apeared to be deserted.
"somethings not right"Rizzit commented"what happened to everyone, that explosion shouldnt have taken out everyone and wher are the guys defending this base?"
almost like a sign from heaven a large bolt flew from the sky landing on the complex and knocking the three squad members back into a heap.
"THIER BOMBARDING US!!"Rizzit yelled"it should take that turbo laser a few minutes to cool down, we must get into that complex"
"that bolt hit the complex, it cant be ther any more" snipes said
"its ment to withstand planetary bombardment"Mara put in"for a short amount of time"
"exactly, Mara, do you think you can do anything to that ship from down here"Rizzit asked
"No, im communications, not a Slicer, i dont have the skills, but what i can do is bring in some of thier troops so they cant bombard this area without loss of life"
"if thats tyhe best lets roll"
they quikly ran to the complex, threw open the door and ran inside, Mara being the last shut it firmly behind her, and when she turned around ther was ablaster in her face.
Snipes looked around their small prison in an old office on the second level down, ther wher 4 guards, all fully armed and the RAIDERS wher deprived of all armerment, even thier helmets wher removed, the only good news being that the bonbardment had stopped, ther wher only about twenty men in the complex, the RAIDERS had killed manymore, but they had been surprised in thier rush to get in. even Snipes had to admit it was a good trap.the RAIDERS had been put in seprate parts of the room, Rizzit in the right corner, Mara in the middle and Snipes in the left corner. Snipes felt around at the back, under his armour, a place the rebles had neglected to look for weapons, his knife was still ther, Snipes looked over at Rizzit, he still had his pistol wich he could toss to Rizzit, he could easly tak th guard nearest him with his knife, the only things worrying him wher Mara, his cuffs and ofcours the other guard, he knew Rizzit could take out two with Snipes pistol. Snipes looked back over at Rizzit, and was at just the right angle to see Rizzit picking th locks of his cuffs, that was one problm gone, mabee if he threw the knife and broke the otherguys neck he could make it, but Mara nd his cuffs still disturbed him, ah well. Snipes looked over at Rizzit and met his eyes and almost as if he knew what Snipes was going to do he nodded, Snipes took his pistol in one hand and his knife in the other, now all he had to do was figure out his bonds, oh well it was now or never he thought, he jumped up spun and threw Rizzit his pistol, Rizzits hands flew forward and cought it, he fired two shots sending a reble to the ground, Snipes meanwhile threw his knife from behind his back hitting a guard in the arm, the other guards fired on him, both shots hitting his left shoulder and sending him to the ground, Snipes herdsome more blaster fire and a coupla of dull thuds and then it all went black.
The next thing Snipes new was somebody was smacking him,
"Ouch!"Snipes yelled more outof surprise than hurt
"finaly, your awake"Rizzit said"you took a few hits, but you should be fine, good plan,bad exicution"
"how'd it go"Snipes asked
"we're held up in this room, more are waiting outside, we didnt want to try anything untill you woke and could run for yourself"
"ill be fine, whers my weapons?"Snipes said trying to flex his arms, but not being able to move the left one"on second thought, ill sit here for a moment"
"your arm is pretty bad, we need a medic"Rizzit said
"ok, well give me my pistol, and i see you got those chains off me, and stand me up ill be fine"
"how many are out ther Mara?"Rizzit asked
"15"Mara replyed
"15, thats five each, think you can handle that?"
"of course"Snipes aid being slightly grump becuase of his arm
"affirmative"Mara said
Rizzit handed Snipes his pistol and the other two cocked thier pilfered rebel gun, Rizzit kicked down the door while the others opened up a hail of blaster fire on the enemeys as they dove down a corridor, the RAIDERS turned and continued to open up on them untill they heard the crie of someone yelling sureneder, it was a trooper.
"detain him for questioning"Rizzit asigned Mara"we need to get Snipes fixed up
"wait,"Mara said"this troopers a medic"she said as she pointed at the surrendering trooper
"can he help us?"Rizzit asked
"he'd better"Snipes chimed in in a realy bad mood having landed on his left side when they dove from thier cover
"I can"the trooper siad

OOC:g2g, just go with this, ummm i was just goin with he fixes me up and we take the computer and i hadnt thought much further/OOC

-----------------------
Lance Corprol Sniping101
RAIDERS Squad
Army of the Vast Empire
"Drinking, fighting, and rowdiness is that what you think of when you think of the Irish" 
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited April 19, 2003 1:41:29 AM)]
Rizzit
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Captain
[VE-DJO] Initiate (IN)

April 25, 2003 8:16:09 AM    View the profile of Rizzit 
"Snipes, you stay here with this rebel if you want. It'll do ya good to get fixed up. Mara, come with me. We're gonna go hunt down some scum." Rizzit said.

"Roger that Rizz. I'll join you guys as soon as I can."

"Good. Oh, and Toss me that medic's gun. Rizzit said.

"Sure Rizz. Here ya go." Snipes said as he reached from the Rebel's gun holster and tossed it to Rizz.

"Thanks Snipes. Hey, nothing personal 'friend', but you're not going to be needing that gun for a while. 'Sides mine ran out, and I need to borrow this one. Oh, and Snipes, can you bring the boxes in from the hallway to aid our friend here?"

"Sure. One minute, I'll be right back." Snipes said as he went outside into the empty corridor to meet Rizzit and Mara who was already waiting.

"Snipes, you let him fix you up: then you kill him." said Rizzit.

"Why? I mean he's helping us out!"

"Never trust a rebel. No matter what they say. Just do it."

Snipes sighed."Okay Rizzit. Will do."

"HEY! There they are!" A voice yelled from down the hallway.

"Rizz...it sounds like TJ, but I am picking up rebel marks up ahead." Mara said.

"Snipes get inside and take care of buisness. Mara, let's take out this scum."

The door raised and snipes went it. The door then lowered to a close. Rizzit and MaraJade went charging after the group of Rebels. Rizzit had two blasters now, but decided only to use one until it ran out of ammo. He couldn't afford to waste any ammo, seeing as he had none of the ammo required to load the republic guns. Rizzit shot ruthlessly at the Rebels as did mara. Their goal was not to kill them all, but to give Snipes enough time so that he could take care of buisness....

-----------------------
Raider's Squad Leader
Wildcard Platoon Adjutant
Army of the Vast Empire
PC:A/SL/1SGT Rizzit/3SQD/1PLT/COMP/1BAT/1RGT//VE[OPE][OTH][EW1][RCoD]
"Death is never an easy thing to deal with. It happens so frequently, yet it still takes us by surprise!"--Rizzit
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

April 25, 2003 11:51:51 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
"Thank you"Snipes said after the trooper was finished working on him, he felt pretty good."can you grab that box over ther, my side still hurts a little"
As the  trooper walked over and was bending over to get the box Snipes aimed and carried out Rizzits order, ther trooper never felt in and was dead before he hit the ground, Snipes steped over to him and drew hi eyes shut, he hated dead ppls eyes. He then quikly looked around for his now beloved helmet, he couldnt find it, ohwell hed just blast better this time. he quikly ran to the door andf hit the open button,"danm"hethought"these doors open slowly" he didnt even wait for the rest of the door and just rolled under and began fireing at the rebels. he could see the others blasting away at them, but the RAIDERS wher few, Snipes looked around, one of the fallen rebels had a heavy blaster under him, Snipes sprinted over, kicked the body over and looked at tghe gun, no ammo, just his luck.
"Rizzit, what are we doing now?"Snipes yelled"We dont have much ammo"
"get back in, we'll take up a defensive possistion in ther"
Snipes ran over and opened the door, let Mara run in then he ran in,"Rizzit you commin?"
"be right ther"he said running in
Snipes hit the button for the door to close and blasted the rest of his ammo away at them.

OOC:couldnt finish, dumb comp/OOC

-----------------------
Lance Corprol Sniping101
RAIDERS Squad
"ALL is fair in LOVE and WAR"
"Drinking, fighting, and rowdiness is that what you think of when you think of the Irish"
Swomz
ComNet Veteran

April 26, 2003 8:03:40 AM    View the profile of Swomz 
    Swomz crouched quietly behind the crate as Jed stood motionless with his hands in the air, while the battle droid gave him orders, "Step slowly away from the storage crates.  Slowly lower your weapon to the floor.  Slowly lace your fingers behind your head.  Slowly drop to your knees.  Slowly drop to your belly.  Stay motionless."

Swomz grunted as he realized that the "protocol droids" were really shells for battle droids.  Four of them were present in the dim light emitted from an Exit sign.  Swomz pulled out his blaster and one of his vibroblades.  He circumvented the room, getting behind the droids.  He stepped out behind the first two droids and cut their control wires.  One squealed and the others turned and fired.  Swomz dove for cover just in time.  Jed had brought his blaster rifle to bear on the droids and was letting loose.  Blaster fire filled the room and Jed was most likely as blinded as he was.  When the blaster fire stopped, Swomz hit the lights.  All the remained of the droids were a couple pairs of legs, a torso, and half a head.  Something landed on his shoulder and he turned around sweeping his blade in a wide arc.

He glanced around wildly when he didn't connect and then laughed when he realized that one of the dead droids' arms had landed on his shoulder, "Hey, Jed, nice going.  If the entire compound didn't previously know we were here, there is a chance they now do."  Jed shrugged and kicked one of the droid legs.

"Oh well, let's keep going.  It looked as if the hallway they came through will lead is to the three computers.  We can call TJ and tell him to meet us there," Jed said as he reached for his comlink.  He let TJ know their plan and TJ chastised them for calling him via comlink in a war zone, but approved of their plan.

"I have a bit of a hike, but I will meet you guys there," TJ said

-----------------------
Lance Raiders Squad
Wildcard Platoon
Army of the Vast Empire
TRP/CPL Swomz/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES1] [IH]
"War is for those who are willing to die for a cause, that is why I have learned to respect our enemies." -Swomz
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

May 17, 2003 7:02:21 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
"MARA!"Rizzit yelled"Get That Server Up and hack us some droids PLEASE"

Snipes was near the door fightning off enamys like ther was no tommarro, becuz if he didnt ther wouldnt be, he had he two knives out swingingg, slashing and duck behind the barracade he and Rizzit had constructed, Rizzit still had some ammo left and was shooting some troopers, but he was lowering quikly. as more and more came, droids amoung thier number became more and more common and Snipes knive dis very little to the DuraStell skins of these foes, he had to be fast to get at exposed cords on the back of thier neck.  after several more minutes of fighting Rizzit ran out of ammo
"Catch!"Snipes yelled throughing him a knife.
the two went at it hard, but soo they began to tire. after serveal more minutes Snipes Adrenaline was whering down.
"I cant take much more"Snipes panted
"i kno trooper"Rizzit replyed pulling the knife outa a dead rebel
just as they wher about to f
all over from fatigue the enemys began to back away and retreat.
"we got"snipes panted out slowly
just then several smal black objects came flying over the crude baracade
"GRENADE"Rizzit yelled leaping away and behind a wall
Snipes leaped, but not fastenough and only got onto the main floorm wich was ameer step down when the blast sounded, knocking peices of DuraSteel and dead rebels every wher and knocking much of the concrete from the DuraSteel inforced walls.
Snipes could feel his face being torn into by peices of concrete and metal. he just laid ther in shock, he opened his eyes, he could see, his face hurt but he could see and everything was in focus, that was good, his face hurt alot though, he then realized why he was ther.
"Snipes!"he could hear Rizzit call
"aye"Snipes groaned"we need to move, they'll come soon
"The server is down perminatley, the power cord wher cut by the explosion"Mara inturuppted
Snipes felt him self turned over and saw Rizzits face looking over him, then all went deathly still and fallowed by black.

OOC: this is kinda what this part of the complex looks like according to this post:

this goes somewher ealse
                                                  |                       
                                                  |
                                                  |
                                                  /
                      __________________    ___________
                      |                                              |
                      |====          111111111 1          |
                      |    =            1              1          |
                              =            1            1          |
                              =          1              1        |
        Main door        =          1              1        |
                              =          1                          |
                              =          1111111111          |
                      |== =                                        |
                      |________________________________|

=:baracade
1:main floor

this is hard to describe, if you need better desighn email me
  sry, this looks better from the post, the thig screw it up when i post it /OOC
-----------------------
Lance Corprol Matthias"Sniping101"Battlemont
TRP/LCPRL Sniping101/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

"i have made my peace with death, i do not fear him like others do, to me he is a part of everything, i have accepted he will come for me some day, and i do not live in fear of him, i live my life."
[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited May 17, 2003 7:04:12 PM)]
MaraJade
ComNet Initiate

The Vast Empire  [ARMY]

Post Number:  100
Total Posts:  220
May 25, 2003 11:42:08 PM    View the profile of MaraJade 
"I bought us a few min with the droids before the explosion" Mara shouted  "these droids read our body tempatures using scanners, thus they can tell where we are , how many of us there are etc, I hacked a process that controls that, they are now looking for anything that is mechanical, and destroys it. Its a hack though, and no telling when they will fix what I did, we need to get out of here now.. I was able to get the door over here open with a bit of work... "

"Good Mara, now get over here, I am going to need your help with Snipes, he is out cold" Rizzit grunted, while attempting to drag Snipes "get his other sholder we can move faster with both of us carrying him... lets get out that door of yours"

Mara ran over to Snipes, got him settled on her shoulder and nodded to Rizzit, carrying him out of there at a run they got through the door and Mara stopped to slam it shut

"Keycode" Mara explained, "I had to hack it to open it, lets hope it slows them down a bit too"

The door dropped them into a hallway, no doors that they could see yet, but it was fairly dim. Dragging Snipes along both Mara and Rizzit looked for anything that might help them, boxes of supplies, heck maybe some weapons lying around?  They were desperate for anything.

"Mara, can you hear anyone on the radio?"  Rizzit whispered,

Mara shook her head, she wasnt sure if her earpiece was shorted from the explosion, or if there was noone to answer, maybe her radio had died, she had no way of being sure of what was wrong without stopping to check her gear, and if people didnt stop blowing up her gear she wouldnt have much left here soon to check.

"The hallway curves up here, keep your knife ready, no telling when we will run into someone, or something" Rizzit whispered

Mara nodded, they were keeping a fairly quick pace and snipes wasnt exactly light, Mara was hoping he would come to sometime soon.. they needed to check his face out, the shrapnel was pretty bad, he needed a medic, at the least some pain meds when he wakes up.  Mara still had her medpacks, if they could find a safe place to lay him down and fast, they might be able to help him.

"Rizzit... it looks like we have an open room coming up, before the hallway ends though there is a door on the left, which route?"  Mara asked

Rizzit looked ahead for a moment before answering "The room, we need to set him down for a moment, he is bleeding pretty bad"

Mara looked at snipes, not good at all, she hoped that her med pack would help a little.  They were nearing the room, Mara strained to see any signs of life in the room ahead, she wasnt reading anything.  That was a good sign, she hoped. 

"Mara, hold Snipes here, I am going to take a look in this room" Mara nodded at Rizzit.  Seconds later he was back out room is clear, looks like storage, cant tell for what, mostly crated up. Lets go"  Rizzit said, as he grabbed Snipes arm and helped Mara drag him into the room. 

Mara scanned the room quickly, they layed Snipes down near the back of the room.. shelter a bit from incoming fire if it came to that.  Mara sat down and broke out a med pack to patch up Snipes a bit, Rizzit started opening up boxes to see what was inside, mostly parts for vehicles. Rizzit kept searching, the searched boxes got pushed against the door for now, Mara worked on Snipes, trying to patch him up before she woke him up, cant slap him like Rizzit did earlier, face was too messed up.. looking at her wrist scanner she saw noone within the area yet.  Finally a break... for the moment at least.

-----------------------
TRP/CPL MaraJade/3SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
Sniping101
ComNet Veteran

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

May 27, 2003 8:37:21 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
OOC: Mara! i thought you had died on us /OOC
Snipes was falling, he could see faces ruching past him and voice of many people he had known, his dad, his brothers, and even squad mates, he had no idea what was going on and he just kpt falling, pretty soon his face began to hurt and then BANG! he hit the ground and jumped up from wher he was lying on a storage room floor.
"aaauuurrg my face hurts" Snipes groaned after a second of standing ther looking at hard at the wall"whoa wher are we?"

"in a store room"Mara said from wher she had been sitting amoung some boxes checking her gear"you wher out for quite a while"

"anyone else hurt?" Snipes asked
"Rizzit had a coupla cuts, but nothing serious"
"just my luck, id be the one to get beat to krap. wher is Rizzit?"
"i'm over here"Rizzit said as he looked through a box"glad to see your awake, but when this is over, your gonna need some leave"
"i've had worse"Snipes said with a smile, making a pitifull attempt at ajoke, this was the worst cut he'd ever had, it would heal, and rather quikly if they got him to bacta in time, but ther would always be scars. "got anything in that box"

"just droid and miscilanius mechanical peaices"
"wait"Snipes exclaimed looking into the box"i kno what that is, thats a. . .whats that doing here? thats a peice of eqipment my dad used to water his vinyards. it shoots out a, its almost a grenade, that flys up above the the vines and "explodes" showering water, well alot of water down"

"could it be used as a weapon?"
"unlikely, it dosent shoot things at a high enough velocity, the thing that shocked me was that it was here"

OOC: class is over /OOC

-----------------------
Lance Corprol Matthias"Sniping101"Battlemont
TRP/LCPRL Sniping101/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR]

"i have made my peace with death, i do not fear him like others do, to me he is a part of everything, i have accepted he will come for me some day, and i do not live in fear of him, i live my life."
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Cyber Attack (RAIDERS)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:14:43 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 60  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >