ComNet Member

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  931
Total Posts:  1075
  RE: Aegis ESC Mission 5
August 27, 2002 10:22:00 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf spat a curse as he tried hitting a kill for another Toscan, a voice boomed back too loudly over the comm. "I’m sorry but I can’t let you do that." "What the-" "It’s against my programming to let Aegis win so easily LoneWolf." "Son of a -" LoneWolf cursed as he hit down on the top of his instrument panel. "OW! You know how much that hurts! How would you like it if I did that to you!" LoneWolf quickly apologized, "Sorry, but why do you have to play so cheap?" "I told you I can’t allow you to win, I am the ultimate combat computer. You will just have to accept defeat." "Riel! Stop hacking into the simulator!" "Gosh I can’t have any fun! but I am keeping my frigate! You’ll have to destroy the rest of the ships before you can destroy my ship! MWHAHAHA!" LoneWolf took another shot at the Toscan, and yet it remained. "Riel!" "And perhaps survive five minutes against invincible enemies." "That better be all Riel!" "Consider it your punishment for shooting that blaster in my precious ship. It’s gonna take weeks to repair that scorch mark off on the ceiling." LoneWolf bit his lip as he made one final curse then moved to drop as much defenses on the enemy in the mean time so it would be an easy kill once the timer was up.

-----------------------
EFL/ESN Lonewolf/Aegis 1-1/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC][VC:Ebony]

CM/DJK LoneWolf/Sith/Eagle Sect/VEDJ
Army character: Ares

"Strong men don't give hope, or weaken at the knees at the sign of impossiblity; rather they stand up to face it and dominate that obstical."
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

Post Number:  498
Total Posts:  502
August 28, 2002 12:56:20 AM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
Sk8guy and Kain double-teamed one of the Z-95s, both Aegis pilots pummeled the enemy fighter with laser blasts.  But to thier surprise the Z-95 didn't suffer any damage, not even a scratch.  Both pilot's targeting computer showed that the enemy's shield was still a 100%.  Both fighters tailed the Z-95 as it went evasive, pummeling it with laser blasts. "Somethings up Sk8, our laser cannons aren't penatrating that Z-95's shields." Kain said frustrated. "I have a feeling somebody is messing with our simulation...but I don't know who." Sk8 replied. Just then four Z-95s had sneaked behind them and began firing their laser cannons at them.  Sk8 and Kain broke off and seperated in opposite directions.  Kain began executing complex manuevers to shake the  two Z-95s that were tailing him.  The Z-95s began to firing their lasers at Kain's fighter, scoring hits to the shields. "Oh frak, this is great." Kain muttered under his breath.  "How the heck are we gonna beat these freakin' ships if we can't even damage them?" Lonewolf commed the entire Aegis squadron.  "Aegis listen up.  Looks like Riel has somehow reprogrammed the remaining Z-95s and the Toscans to be immune to our attacks.  For now disengage them and go evasive, we need to save our energy until we find a way to damage them."   ----------------------- Sergeant Major Duran "Demi Wraith" Driscoll TRP/SGM Demi Wraith/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES:2] [EW:1] [GC] [IG]
[This message has been edited by Demi Wraith (edited August 28, 2002 7:12:12 PM)]
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)
[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
August 28, 2002 2:27:09 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
  (OOC: Everyone is remembering to put 200 words in their posts, right? Some of these look a little skimpy to me. It does no good to post if it's not going to be counted for points.)   "What, so Riel is messing around with the simulators to keep us from winning?" Liquid asked.   "Sort of," replied Lonewolf. "He doesn't want us to win so easily."   "This is a little too from easy," Rogue spat. Just about that time one of the Toscans managed to shoot down an Assault Gunboat. A muffled curse was all that was heard before the pilot was booted out of the simulators.   "Who was that?" Lonewolf questioned.   "Zakath, we lost Zakath," sk8guy answered.   "Well, it's a good thing this isn't the real deal. He'll be back in a few minutes, and by then these fighters should be mortal once again."   "No good," PJ said. "They'll have us finished off by then. Look, they're driving us toward the Corvettes."   "This is bullshit," Darkhawk mumbled. Abruptly, his Assault Gunboat disappeared from the radar, too.   "Darkhawk! Aegis Six, where are you?" sk8guy called.   "He's gone . . ." Liquid said.   "But where to? He didn't get shot down," Kain commented.   Lonewolf shook his head.  "I have a funny feeling about this." *  *  *  *   Darkhawk climbed out of his simulator and ran his hand back through his hair. This was just like Riel, to mess around with their simulator program right after issuing orders that Aegis couldn't do the same thing to anyone else. Just because they had screwed with Viper a few months ago didn't mean they deserved this.   Grinning, the Commodore headed off to the simulator control room. He'd show Riel a thing or two about messing with people.   ----------------------- ADJ:NTO/EFM/COM Darkhawk/Aegis 2-2 /Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[LoC][BRC][VC:Ebony][KC] VE Today - Junior Reporter Darkhawk DLS/CL/SG Darkhawk/Eagle 2-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE/[CR]
[This message has been edited by Darkhawk (edited August 28, 2002 2:32:26 PM)]
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

August 28, 2002 5:22:36 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
Riel sat in his office chair watching as Aegis tried surviving. He then heard an abrupt knock on his door, "Not now I’m busy! Go away!" The door busted open with a very angry DH. "Hey! You should be in the sims! Uh oh! This wouldn’t be about that little programming would it? wait! No don’t!" LoneWolf  Dodged more enemy fire as a long line of Tuscans formed on him, three to be exact. The curiously looked at his timer and say something out of the ordinary. "Full shields?" LoneWolf looked at the rest of his stats to see what was up, "Full shields, full energy, and full torpedoes. Guess Riel had a change of heart." He switched to channels to warn his wingmates, "Aegis we got our sim back! Lets give it to ‘em!" he pulled a U-turn getting beaten with fire then returned it with several torpedoes, they burned straight through the line one after another. "Flight three do your run on the next ship, lets make them burn!" LoneWolf began getting back in the motion of attacking, one of the tuscans didn’t quite explode from the torpedo yet. "Get back here!" LoneWolf growled after letting a few shots rain out.   ----------------------- EFL/ESN Lonewolf/Aegis 2-1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC][VC:Ebony] CM/DJK LoneWolf/Sith/Eagle Sect/VEDJ Army character: Ares "It's a big universe, if you keep you mind to what you are simply told then your restraining yourself from finding what could very well be out there."
[This message has been edited by LoneWolf (edited August 28, 2002 5:23:20 PM)]
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

[VE-NAVY] Lt. Commander (LCM)
[VE-VEHC] Lt. Commander (LCM)*

Post Number:  1286
Total Posts:  1653
August 28, 2002 6:35:24 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
OOC: Kaind that last post wasn't long enough. You need to go back and add about 20 words. I watched as my ship mirculously regained full shield and laser strength. And my torpedoes were now fully loaded. I guess I have DH to tank for this, I said as I switched my craft around and started to persue the fighter in my sights. I got a nice solid lock and fired. The green laser bolts lanced out through space and disabled the Toscan's shields. The ship was now naked to his laser. i fired another dual burst of lasers and the ship  exploded, sending debris flying in all directions. I smiled as I noticed that Darkhawk had made it back to the simulator and was now flying beside me. It was comforting knowing he was back in battle. "Nice of you to join us again. How was Riel?" I commed over to him on our private channel. "Oh he was very amused, well was is the key word. I kinda persuaded him to gie us a bonus for our grievences." he joked back at me as he wasted another enemy fighter that had flew too straight fo too long. i had to admit to myself, Darkhawk definitely had his own flying style. I broke off my engagement and hung back to clear Darkhawk's tail of a Toscan. The fighter hardly was worth my effort. He didn't even show any signs of going evasive. Must have been a glitch cause the one Darkhawk was tangling with was extremely good and well programmed. I smiled as I thought that DH was finally challenged, then the fighter exploded and I thought to myself, maybe not.

-----------------------
EFL/1LT Michael "sk8guy" Rose/Aegis 5/mSSD Artus/DEF/VEN/VE
     (=A=)(=MA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=UCPA=)[-BRC-][-VC|E-]

DJK sk8guy/Eagle1-7/VEDJ/m/SSD Atrus

"Unleash the power of the Dragon!" - Michael "sk8guy" Rose
Liquid
ComNet Member

[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant (1LT)

Post Number:  612
Total Posts:  679
August 28, 2002 7:14:30 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
"w00t!!!" Liquid shouted into his comm, his shields, missles, and everything were back. Good job, DH Liquid thought, opening up through the Force to communicate with his fellow pilot. He pushed his craft hard, making sure that he could get lined up with the corvette that was supposed to be invincible. He locked onto the ship and let the sweet torpedoes fly, he saw his Flight Members follow suit. He couldn't believe that the craft was actually taking damage, although, it seemed to hang at 10%. He figured it was another bug and came around, lasers flailing into the exposed corvette's shields. He watched as the indicators finally dropped to 5%, after the rest of his squadron followed suit. He turned his controls hard right, avoiding enemy frie from the toscans. He watched as Lonewolf came around in his gunboat. He clicked the button for more lasers, and turned towards the toscans that were assaulting his gunboat ferosciously. He picked one and flew after it, lasers going quicker than a normal pilot could pull the trigger. He avoided the enemy fire and dodged and weaved like it was nothing. "Let's give 'em some patented Aegis dancing lessons guys," he shouted into his com, making sure that everyone heard.

-----------------------
ADJ:NTO/IA/EFL/WO1 Liquid/Aegis 3-1 (Aegis Nine)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)

CM/DJK Liquid/Dark Knight 1-3/Lion Sect/VEDJ/(VP)

I am the TO's Adjutant, and the FS's instructor's assistant. Any questions? please direct them to: Me

Aegis ||| Naval Academy ||| Flight School ||| Vast Empire Today
PJ
ComNet n00b

[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral Lower Half (RA-L)*

Post Number:  20
Total Posts:  20
August 28, 2002 7:37:05 PM    View the profile of PJ 
PJ swung his fighter around to follow a Toscan that had just zipped past his viewport.  Rolling, the Commodore looked at his sensors...several enemy fighters had started to take damage...that was a good sign.  Switching to warheads he moved into, trying to get a missile lock on the fighter.  While the fighter in front of him dove and twirled try to evade him, PJ did the same keeping right on his tail. Suddenly, at the top of his viewport the Aegis pilot watched as another Toscan moved in to take out the occupied Gunboat. Just as it began to shoot a fury of laser fire to where PJ was headed, the Commodore abandoned his current target and pulling back on his flight stick curled up and away from the blasts.  The opposing fighter’s reflexes were milliseconds too slow as PJ unleashed a full scale attack into the ship’s side.  Glancing only for a second to watch the fiery ball explode, PJ quickly turned his attention back to his original target.  Pulling his fighter around, he found that he had become quite far away from the rest of the action...the other Toscan already several kliks ahead of him, moving back into the thick of the fight.  Transferring his ship’s laser energy to the engines PJ sped off towards his fellow pilots.

-----------------------
Aegis Flight Member Commodore PJ
FM/COM PJ/Aegis 2-4(Aegis 8)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus//VE
(=A=)(=SA=)(=MA=)(=FOCE=){SVx2}{VC-Silver Trim}{NDM}{SoV}[BRC][IOC]
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

August 28, 2002 7:53:13 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
"Keep it up! we can win this Aegis! LustHawks forever!" his war cry echoed through his ears as he drove at an enemy Tuscan. It brutally took the abuse then flew straight past him still as a whole. "You want this to really hurt huh?" LoneWolf swung back, pulling hard on his flight stick. He managed to turn in time to have a great wall to shoot at, "Bye Bye! You arse just became mine!" the enemy fighter screen soon shrinked down to a squadron’s worth mixed with Z-95’s, and Tuscan fighters. "I Take it we still have to take these fighters out before we can touch the corvette. Hurry up and take it two to one! We can do this, flight one." "Yeah boss?" Kain came back. "Lets use half our warhead load to supply a diversion screen on the fighters. Flights two and three save your warheads for the cruiser. Lets form up Aegis!" on the verbal command every flight took their point and every pilot took their wing. "Lets show these schmucks what the Elite Aegis Squadron can do!" He switched to warheads and began his lock on the lead fighter. It slowly turned red then he fired a shot, quickly locking onto the next fighter. He went through systematically stopping when he had two warheads left. A couple of craft took a hit from a warhead, erupting into flames. And three held their ground as they got pounded by a warhead. The rest merely provided splash damage, and blinding lights. The dog fight then began.

-----------------------
EFL/ESN Lonewolf/Aegis 2-1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC][VC:Ebony]

"It's a big universe, if you keep you mind to what you are simply told then your restraining yourself from finding what could very well be out there."
Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

August 28, 2002 8:34:08 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
Kain followed Lonewolf's lead, targeted an enemy fighter and firing a warhead, then quickly switched to another fighter and repeated the same procedure until half his warheads were left.  Switching to laser cannons Kain throttles up and went in for the kill.  Targeting the weakened Toscan fighters, they became easy prey for Aegis squadron as they pummeled them with their laser blasts.  One by one the crippled Toscan fighters were utterly destroyed by the more superior Aegis fighters.  As more and more of the Toscan fighters diminished, the remaining ones became more disorientated and reckless. "Flight two and three, begin your bombing runs on that cruisers.  My flight will clean up the remaining fighters." Lonewolf ordered over the comm. The two flights disengaged the fighters and flew towards to their new target.  Switching to warheads Sk8guy and Liquid's flights formed a Right Echelon.  After acquiring a solid lock, one by one each Gunboat fired a pair of warheads at the cruiser.  A continuous stream of warheads poured out of the Gunboats filling the gap between the Aegis and the cruiser with blue streaks.  Two by two each warhead made contact with the cruiser, its shields were dropping dangerously fast.  By the time the two flights emptied out their warhead launchers the cruiser's shields were down to 8%. "Good job guys!" Lonewolf shouted over the comm as he destroyed the last Toscan fighter. "Kain and I will fire our remaining warheads at the cruisers, after that we'll all make strifing runs with our lasers on the cruiser till its destroyed.  Victory is within our reach Aegis, LETS ROCK!

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Duran "Demi Wraith" Driscoll
TRP/SGM Demi Wraith/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES:2] [EW:1] [GC] [IG]
Liquid
ComNet Member

August 28, 2002 8:50:59 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
Liquid pulled hard on his controls, letting out a war cry as he evaded the enemy red that was coming from what seemed like all directions. "Rusty, get me some cover, I'm taking a run on the corvette, do it now!" Liquid shouted into his com, watching the wookie reluctantly follow orders. "Sir, we've got 2 toscans incoming." Rusty said, breaking off to engage. "Give me 2 moments, and i'll be there to help, just keep 'em occupied." Liquid said, unloading some pain unto the corvette. He watched the shields of Riel's ship drop to 5%. "Serves you right, Sir." Liquid said, cursing under his breath. He turned hard to the right, feeling the impact of the g's on his body as he engaged some enemy uglies on his course. He pushed his manueverable craft to the limit, still testing and getting the feel of this foreign craft. "You shall die, enemy scum!!!!!!!" Liquid shouted as another unfortunate pilot chose to dance a little too close to his targeting sight. He couldn't believe when the bastard's shields refused to give in. His jaw dropped to the floor as he realized he had only one alternative. His warheads. He locked on and fired at will, filling in the rest of the squadron.

-----------------------
ADJ:NTO/IA/EFL/WO1 Liquid/Aegis 3-1 (Aegis Nine)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)

I am the TO's Adjutant, and the FS's instructor's assistant. Any questions? please direct them to: Me

Demi Wraith
ComNet Member

August 28, 2002 9:29:47 PM    View the profile of Demi Wraith 
"Aegis listen up, we'll do our strifing runs by flights.  Sk8 get your flight ready once Liquid's flight finishes their run, my flight will be going after yours." Lonewolf said over the comm.  Liquid's run had so far reduced the Corvette's shields to 0% and damaged the hull. Sk8 got his flight ready for the strifing run.  As soon as Liquid's flight pulled out from the run flight two went in and began their run. "Rusty I've picked up a couple of fighters on my tail, I need some cover now." Liquid said. "Coming Liquid, just hold on." Rusty replied. Rusty came up behind Liquid's tailers and began unleashing a fury of laser blasts at the Toscans.  As one of the Toscans exploded the other onebroke of Liquids tail.  Liquid took this opportunity and manuevered behind the Toscan and relentlessly fired upon the Toscan destroying it. "Alright, my flight get ready to begin our run.  Sk8 is almost done with theirs." Lonewolf said as he got into position for the strife. "Alright he's out! Lets go flight one!" Flight one came in firing their lasers into the hull.  Red laser blasts came from the turbolasers from the Corvette, desperately trying to shoot down the Gunboats.  Kain flew his fighter furiously evading the red laser blasts from the Corvette. About a minute later flight one finished their run then Liquid's flight swooped in for their run.  The Corvette's hull was falling fast, it was down to 79%.  Looks like victory will be achieved by Aegis. 

-----------------------
Sergeant Major Duran "Demi Wraith" Driscoll
TRP/SGM Demi Wraith/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [ES:2] [EW:1] [GC] [IG]
Darkhawk
ComNet Disciple

[VE-DJO] Sith Warrior (SW)

Post Number:  2090
Total Posts:  2685
August 28, 2002 9:37:17 PM    View the profile of Darkhawk 
  Darkhawk smiled as the Corellian Corvette that had arrived second went up in flames. "Nice job, One Flight," he remarked, although it had really been a completely united effort to bring the capital ship down. He couldn't eve remember it's name; he had been preoccupied when it arrived with other things.   He began to laugh out loud to himself as he remembered the look on Riel's face when he --- well, that was a story for another day. Right now he needed to concentrate on taking out the Ishamel.   Unfortunately, Riel had boosted the capital ship back up to 100% shields and armor, even though Aegis Squadron had already taken it out once. Damn, I forgot to fix that Darkhawk thought. However, they had had little trouble whittling it back down to low levels.   Looking down, he saw that he only had two advanced concussion missiles remaining in his warhead bay. Well, better make them count.   Flying in close to the Corellian starship, he made extra care to avoid turbolaser blasts aimed his way. From his long service in the Empire, he had learned of several weak points on numerous Rebel - and Imperial - star craft. The Corellian Corvette had two.   Homing in on an area right behind the engines and near the power drives, he released his two warheads. They struck the hull head on, lowering it to 63%. Not much damage, but that would serve as a poignant marker to the others.   "One Flight, Two Flight, aim your remaining warheads there. It's a weak spot on the armor, and only one of the turbolasers has a range back there, so they're not likely to be shot down. In fact, I'll try to keep that gun busy or even take it out while you make your runs."     "Roger that, Aegis Six," Lonewolf replied. "Kain has no more warheads, I'm sending him to back you up. sk8guy, you're my wing. PJ, stick with Zakath. Let's toast this puppy!"     "Woohoo!" sk8guy screamed, ready for the kill.   ----------------------- ADJ:NTO/EFM/COM Darkhawk/Aegis 2-2 /Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)(=FCO=)[LoC][BRC][VC:Ebony][KC] VE Today - Junior Reporter Darkhawk DLS/CL/SG Darkhawk/Eagle 2-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE/[CR]
[This message has been edited by Darkhawk (edited August 28, 2002 9:39:12 PM)]
LoneWolf
ComNet Member

August 28, 2002 11:14:07 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
It wasn’t long for the ship to fall, death violently crushed the ship like a tin can filled with fireworks. "Great job Aegis!" LoneWolf then quickly changed channels to Riel’s, "Hey no more reincarnations!" "OK Aegis 1, I got one more test for you." a long pause on the radio made LoneWolf uneasy. "Aegis squadron will rondevou with the Atrus, and switch to your Tie advanced. Once that is completed form up outside and prepare for a fighter assault in a near by asteroid field. There you will face off against, well yourselves. I wish you the best of luck." LoneWolf lay back in his seat fairly surprised, had they been recording all their actions in the sims for this test? LoneWolf popped his fingers then neck, he sat back in his seat as the nav computer calculated the coordinates. He longed to fly in real space. There were real dangers out there, real threats. "This will almost be over." He whispered to himself, he stared forth as the stars streaked back into the tunnel. It was a few minutes they arrived at the end. The giant knife, and home to the pilots soon appeared in the simulated space. "Lets get this over with carefully Aegis."

-----------------------
EFL/ESN Lonewolf/Aegis 2-1/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)(=JCPA=)(=SCPA=)[SRC][VC:Ebony]

"It's a big universe, if you keep you mind to what you are simply told then your restraining yourself from finding what could very well be out there."
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

August 29, 2002 10:22:56 AM    View the profile of sk8guy 
The star became pinpricks before as my gunboat exited hyperspace. The large dagger shaped Atrus loomed before me. I throttled up and commed control for landing clearance. I received the clearance and then headed for the docking bays. Before I could actually 'dock' the simulator shut down. The canopy didn't raise however; across the display screen it read, Loading new mission perimeters.... I merely waited for the new simulation to start. I didn't really want it to. i was tired of this simulation junk and I wanted some real flying action. The sim started and I was in a holding pattern waiting for the rest of Aegis to load and join the formation outside of the Atrus. I wasn't quite sure how Riel planned on having us fight ourselves, but I figured he had been saving out flight data and was going to load enemies in the same craft using that data. This might actually prove a challenge. "OK looks like we're all here so let's form up and head for the asteroid field." Lonewolf said through the comm. We all throttled up and raced away toward the asteroid field to face our new challenge. It felt good to be in my TIE advanced again, the maneuverability and the speed. I felt at home and peace, ready for anything.

-----------------------

LoneWolf
ComNet Member

August 29, 2002 6:27:59 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
"All right Aegis form up! this shouldn’t be too hard, nor that easy so lets just get it over with." LoneWolf stretched his arms and legs out then maneuvered into the field. It would basically have to be man to man combat. LoneWolf flew at half speed trying to buy time for the others who were shot down, hopefully they could join in time. he tweaked with his buttons and sensors until he got the right settings. "Lets hurry up and take up hiding in the asteroids!" LoneWolf said as he realized they were near the center of the field. "no more than two people docked on an asteroid. I want flight one to remain out here for bait and then we’ll ambush them." DarkHawk replied, "Dont you think that’s a bit obvious?" LoneWolf coolly replied, "They will have to kill us to win, so they will fallow us into a trap, just practice your stand off tactics." "Roger Aegis Leader." "If it doesn’t work after 30 seconds you can blow your cover." As soon as everyone found a spot on a chunk of rock every it seemed coincidence that the copy of aegis squadron came out of hyperspace outside the field. "this may not be good" LoneWolf said to kain who was flying at his side. "I think they know LoneWolf." Kain replied, "Should we warn the others?"

-----------------------

sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

August 29, 2002 6:50:43 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
I watched as I picked up the copy Aegis on my scanners. This wasn't going to be easy. If my assumptions were right, they were programmed with all the maneuvers we've done so far. I came up with a strategy and hailed Lonewolf, "Lead, I have a theory. If the copy Aegis pilots are programmed with moves we've done before, all we have to do is go after our own Clone." "I don't follow sk8. Isn't that the same thing?" Lonewolf questioned back. "No. What I mean is you go after the leader, i go after the two flight leader and so forth." I replied. That way when we are fighting 'ourselves' and we see our move, we'll easily be able to counter it." I futher explained my plan. "Good thinking sk8. Plus if we do maneuvers we haven't done in the sims before that will work as well." Lonewolf deduced. "I'll give the plan to the rest of the squadron." he said as he switched frequencies and unveiled our strategy. Once he finished the enemy was nearing his position. They stopped our of missile range and the two flights broke off in opposite directions. They weren't buying the trap so I detached myself from the asteroid, noticing DH and PJ did the same. "Lead, I think your  trap failed to catch anything. We're going after the 2nd flight coming at us, good luck." I said as I throttled my fighter towards the cloned Aegis two flight leader.

-----------------------

LoneWolf
ComNet Member

August 29, 2002 7:54:01 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf targeted the lead fighter, "I hope your not as clever as me you handsome man." Aegis one linked his lasers to duel shots and entered the fray. The other "LoneWolf" would attack with full lasers and dump shields at once they reach a minimal, LoneWolf dropped his now. "Time to make you dance!" duel shots flew out as an extension of LoneWolf’s fighting passion. The other T/A ate up the shots and retruned them dangerously, they both had the same charge tactics, however LoneWolf moved more. he cork screwed up toward his enemy then managed to tangle up the cycle in a tight turning war. LoneWolf put lasers to individual fire and made a line of bolts dancing out, making a trail. LoneWolf then did something he would never do, he dumped all energy to his engines. The Tie Advanced suddenly jerked forth in a bolt of power, he came up to his own arse and fired away. the other him began to panic, but desperatly clung onto his smooth thinking. "Your only a fake and you’ll never be as good as me!" LoneWolf suddenly switched to full blast and stole the shields away. the haul too precious hits when suddenly he ran out of juice. "Oh Shitz!"

-----------------------

sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

August 29, 2002 8:33:17 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
I got behind the clone or myself, getting a solid lock. I fired,but the T/A in front of me dodged, greatly as I had expected. I stayed on his tail, then suddenly the fighter pulled a move I would do. I recognized it as the Corellian Slip. Of course I knew how to counter the attack. I slowed my speed down and did a vertical loop. i finished the move right back where I started, the tail of the copy. I smiled as I once again laid down some fire on the ass of the T/A in front of me. Unexpectedly the ship juked left and then followed suit with a suicidal invert right towards me and fired a quad linked burst right into viewport. Luckily the shields took all the impact, but the bad thing was I've done that before. That last move made me think. How could that happen if the copied Aegis was done using the data collected from previous missions? Suddenly it hit me. "Lead this is five. I don't think these are computer pilots or that they were programed using our flight data." "How do you figure this sk8?" Hey responded. "This copy of me is doing things a computer wouldn't do and some moves I've never done. If they were programmed from previous data, that can't be." I said hastily. As laser fire rained down on my shields. Then my shields collapsed, exposing my hull. Time to get serious. I drained my lasers and raced for the biggest asteroid in the area.  I headed right for a gaint crater, then pulled up and fired a torpedo, blasting rocks above me. The T/A behind, blind to the falling debris raced on. I pulled out of the way and the pilot didn't have to react before his ship was pummeled by the rocks. I sighed and wiped the sweat off my forehead. That was close, maybe too close.

-----------------------

PJ
ComNet n00b

August 29, 2002 9:00:34 PM    View the profile of PJ 
PJ cycled through the enemy list on his scanners looking for his clone. Changing his vector towards it, he powered up his lasers and shields. As his ship continued to charge, the gap between the two T/As was starting to close into firing range. 'Let him come to me,' PJ thought to himself...taking this oppurtunity to get used to their surroundings. Several asteroids were scattered just of to the sides. As he devised several strategies to deal with his clone, PJ began to bank, twist and roll as his enemy advanced on him. Not surprising, both were doing the same sort of thing: keeping out of the other's sights. As the two T/As zipped past eachother with only minimal shield damage done to either side, a thought struck PJ....it had been over a year now since he had flown in an asteroid field in a VEN fighter...sim or otherwise. 'Riel has no way of knowing my tactics around asteroids,' he thought to himself. Using this, PJ put all his lasers to his engines before banking and lead his clone on a chase towards a group of asteroids nearby. Continuing to dodge incoming fire, he slipped between and around the first asteroid. Scanners indicating that the other fighter had just reached the asteroid, PJ switched the ship's energy back to the lasers...cut his throttle and flipped around, just as his clone emerged on the horizon of the asteroid. Catching it off guard, PJ got off several shots before the other T/A realized what was happening and started to dodge again. Though his clone was not yet destroyed, the damage had been done as PJ's scanners noted that it's shields had been knocked out.   ----------------------- Aegis Flight Member Commodore PJ FM/COM PJ/Aegis 2-4(Aegis 8)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus//VE (=A=)(=SA=)(=MA=)(=FOCE=){SVx2}{VC-Silver Trim}{NDM}{SoV}[BRC][IOC]
[This message has been edited by PJ (edited August 29, 2002 9:16:31 PM)]
Zakath88
ComNet n00b

Post Number:  8
Total Posts:  8
August 29, 2002 9:11:40 PM    View the profile of Zakath88 
ooc: Sorry guys, i been busy lately, and utterly confused at things when i tried to jump back in. Up till now I had been silent, but now I was a little worried, having to fight duplicates of my  skilled colleuges was a highly intimidating concept. It had been a while since I had been in serious aerial combat, so my SIM was probably also more skilled at the current time than I was. I laid low with my shields on full power using my friends fire as a barrier from the action. From my position I could see my other self doing the same thing. I pulled a hard left breaking from the cover of my companions attempting to come from behind on the other me, a move he was to smart for, and found myself flying right into fire I tookva few hits and ducked low,  fired back landing a few hits on his enemy . But ducking low didnt fool the other Dcos, and he was hot on my tail. I weeved in and out of asteroids attempting to land my pursuer on a big one, be he was too smart.. I amaze myself sometimes.. HeH HeH... I then got an idea.. I would fly straight up, and then attempt a suicide dive... I jerked upward on my joystick and flew straight out of the field I looked back and as i expected he was hot on my tail about 900 ft. below me, I picked up speed to give myself a little more space and then turned around flying what i thought was straight back on my unexpecting pursuer. But the little devil wasnt there anymore.. where was he... I leveled my self out and looked around... everyone else was in a heavy firefight with themselves but the other me had disapeared..  Then it happened. My Shields shut down, and i was taking heavy fire from behind, this time i didnt duck low, I rolled sidewayes and looped behind getting behind him  now, but he wasnt scared, his shields were still at at least half power. He rolled and ducked so i mimicked, I couldnt let him get back behind me. My shields were down, and i was smoking but i wasnt going down without my clone, my teamates had enough trouble with themselves, they didnt need more. I mustered up all the energy my ship had left, and Picked up speed i flew foward Firing heavily with my blasters I rammed into the back of the other mes ship causing him to spin sideways and start into a dive, my ship lost complete power and started spiraling right after. I watched my enemies ship hit the ground in a smoke filled explosion, shortly followed by my own demise.
Liquid
ComNet Member

August 29, 2002 9:21:01 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
Liquid sighed as he saw the "clone" of him dancing and juking like he normally would. He watched the movements of the pilot that was flying towards him and realized something. "If I fly like a maniac, which i normally don't, this guy...err...me, doesn't stand a chance." Liquid affirmed his theory by taking a straight and level course towards his target and watched the enemy just juking and jiving. Let's dance, dammit Liquid thought to himself as he pushed his throttle to full and engaged the rear of his own ship. This doesn't feel right he thought to himself as the pilot pulled a horizontal loop. Only Viper pilots do those...this is a little fishy. Liquid pulled his ship about and started to fire on the Tie advanced, watching it's shields drop from 100% to 50% brang a satisfying blood thirsty grin to his face as he began to relax. It was too late to notice that the pilot had dropped a flare. It hit his shields and luckily they absorbed the impact, only dropping them to 70%. He dumped some power from his engines into his shields, but then began to fly recklessly again, making sure to do erratic manuevers that the other pilot wouldn't be able to get a shot off at.

-----------------------

LoneWolf
ComNet Member

August 29, 2002 11:57:39 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
LoneWolf jerked hard on his control stick to avoid another hit, he flew as straight as he could so his other self would become confused. "No! he isn’t me!" LoneWolf growled, "Never will be! Because if it was I would be scared." The notion only angered him more for such a cheap imitation. He sent ripples through the force and began thinking of a solution.if it was a real life situation he could use the force to nudge an asteroid at his enemy as he flew by but that would be dangerous itself. In such a case he could even loose a touch on reality. "I’m not in real space!" he spat, "Guess I’ll have to recharge my lasers." He danced dangerously through the field, having rocks explode as his shadow. The battle was his blood, and his enemies blood he would spill. "I’ll have your arse on my canopy when I’m done with you!" The stubborn T/A hung close to him but a distance began to grow, his clone was using shields. "I thought I took those from you!" LoneWolf cursed one more time then began to plan how he would turn it all around. "Your mine you wanna be Aegis fighter!"

-----------------------

sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

August 30, 2002 10:36:33 AM    View the profile of sk8guy 
I let out a breathe I didn't realize I was holding in. That was too sketchy i said to myself. Now the enemy was down one fighter and I could help the others. This battle would be Aegis all the way. I took a moment to recharge my shields some then raced into battle, looking for action. I saw two advanceds battling it out. I watched a second then realized it was Zakath. The enemy had gotten behind him and he couldn't shake him. I throttled up and raced in to clear his tail, but it was too late. Zakath was hit and out of control. I let my anger take control of me and I raked the enemy with fire, killing his maneuvering thrusters and sending straight into an asteroid. I then checked my scanners. I was still the only one free of a bogey. Everyone else was tangled up in a deadly dance lesson. A TIE can racing by my craft, pursued closely by an identical one. The only question was which one was friendly. I moved in behind the trailing fighter and observed its movments. I didn't recognize them but I guessed they were the copies of PJ's patented maneuvers. It looked similar to PJ's tactics and moves, but I couldn't be sure. I reached out with the Force and sensed PJ was, in fact, in trouble. He was concentrating hard onthe enmey behind him. I sent him a message via the Force, PJ, help is on the way. PJ lost focus for a second and and replied back, Sk8? Yes, get ready to lose your tail. I'm right behind him. Break Right! I shouted in his mind. I watched as the lead fighter broke to the right, it was PJ alright. I got a nice green box and fire four quick bursts of linked laser fire. The enemy TIE exploded and ent asteroids in the area searing against my shields.

-----------------------

LoneWolf
ComNet Member

August 30, 2002 5:07:23 PM    View the profile of LoneWolf 
The green bars steadily stacked up, LoneWolf’s sweat on his brow did so also. He had dragged the chase to the other side of the asteroid field. In the distance behind the two craft there was a flutter of lights and explosions as fighters duked it out. The massive super star destroyer lay in the background almost threatening to cut through the field. No doubt there was a small crowd of people watching the ESC in the lounge. "That’s where I’ll be heading after I fry some Tie Advanced." LoneWolf put the power setting to maintain the half filled laser power then began to line up for a turn back behind one of the remaining asteroids. He stopped behind the asteroid and watched his radar closely for the right direction to go. The enemy slowly began to go to his left, he would go to his over the asteroid full throttle. LoneWolf cut the power back to his engines at full and danced upward. He came on top just in time to give hell to his clone. The last of the shields dissipated and the hull took a brutal beating. A shot came through and pierced the cockpit, little doubt came to him that the pilot was dead. The Tie Advanced went blindly forward not changing course, LoneWolf came behind and finished it off. The explosion shattered metal everywhere. "Mark one for Aegis leader!" LoneWolf turned back around and began charging his lasers again. His life was considered expandable in the sim now, as long as one aegis fighter remained victory would be theirs, no need for shields. Now LoneWolf just had to find a target.

-----------------------

Kain Rennok
ComNet Novice

Post Number:  85
Total Posts:  85
August 30, 2002 8:14:45 PM    View the profile of Kain Rennok 
Kain tailed his cloned TIE Advanced firing his laser cannons mercilessly.  The clone juked, jived, rolled his TIE Advanced, trying to avoid the laser blasts from the real Kain.  Kain was flying his Advanced more agressively and erratic than normal.  He knew that the clone had not seen the agressive battle tactics that Kain was using now, up till now the clone only knew the more defensive tactics. Suddenly the clone pulled off a move that Kain saw through, it was a Split-S.  Kain saw this coming and countered it by performing an Inverted Loop Roll.  He cut his throttles and dived downwards making a loop, half way through the loop he kicked his throttle up.  The momentum from the ion engines restarting made Kain's fighter do a 270 degree loop right under the clone's Advanced.  Kain relentlessly pummelled the clone with his laser cannons, almost taking out all its shields. Again Kain got behind the clones fighter and started blasting away at it.  This time the clone did something very unpredictable, it cut its engines and came to a dead stop.  Decisively, Kain pulled up avoiding a collision with the clone.  Now the clone was behind Kain and was firing at him now, the clone had learned to adapt to the situation.  Now Kain juked and jived from the laser blasts from the clone.  It had somehow learned Kain's agressive battle tactics. Damn this is gonna be tough. Kain said as he tried to manuever away from the laser blasts. Shit this isn't working...maybe I can lose him in the asteroid field. Kain dumped all his laser energy to his engines and raced towards the asteroid field, hoping to gain the upper edge over his clone.

-----------------------
2nd Lieutenant Kain "Fire Bomber" Rennok
FM/2LT Kain Rennok/Aegis 3-2/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN [=A=] [=SA=] [=MA=] [=JCPA=] [=SCPA=] [=FOCE=] [VC:ST] [BRC]

YF-19 AVF "Black Rain"
Kain Rennok
ComNet Novice

August 30, 2002 8:14:48 PM    View the profile of Kain Rennok 
[This message has been edited by Kain Rennok (edited August 30, 2002 8:16:02 PM)]
sk8guy
ComNet Veteran

August 30, 2002 8:20:14 PM    View the profile of sk8guy 
I watched the battle unfold before me and waited for a target. So far everyone was ok, and I didn't want to impose on someone else's own clone. I wouldn't want someone shooting down my clone so I didn't impose on anyone. i merely flew around waiting for distress calls or waiting until someone was totally done for. Then I would swoop in and finish their bogey off. Lonewolf finally made his way back from his little duel with his clone. He made his enemy chase him across the steroid field and was now returning to the fray all clear. I noticed he had dropped his shields, obviously not caring if he was killed or not. After a couple minutes of watching my squadronmates duke it out with themselves, i decided to do a little target practice on the asteroids. I throttled up and raced through the field, dodging and blasting asteroids as I went. I made a little course through it. Lonewofl saw what I was doing and commed over to me, "Sk8, what the hell are you doing?" "Honing my skills. Why, you wanna race through the asteroids?" I causally answered back. "I was planning on helping our squadron beat this mission." he sternly said back. I smiled and replied, "How would you fel if i blasted your clone for you? I saw you take him on a run through the asteroids. I could've easily shot him down." "And then I would have shot you down." he answered.  "I..." "Exactly," I interrupted. "So why not race my through the asteroids? If anyone gets in trouble they'll yell. What do you say?"

-----------------------

Kain Rennok
ComNet Novice

August 30, 2002 9:41:57 PM    View the profile of Kain Rennok 
Kain raced into the asteroid field.  His clone was behind him still trying to blast him into pieces as both of them entered the field.  Kain began to manuever around the asteroids trying to lost the clone tailing him.  He went around another asteroid and then the clone suddenly stopped firing.  Kain took this opportuntity and took his fighter into a vertical dive.  After a few seconds going into his dive he pulled back up and made a wide U-turn.  He cut his throttle to two thirds and began to look for his clone.  Before long he saw two TIE Advanced in the distance firing at each other. "What the frak!?  Who's clone is it thats trying to fry my tail!?" Sk8 yelled over the comm. "Sk8 where are you?  Are you in the asteroid field?" Kain replied. "Yeah, I was flying around shooting up some asteroids then this Advanced came out of nowhere and began firing at me...is it your clone thats attacking me?" Sk8 asked. Suddenly Lonewolf's TIE Advanced came up behind my clone.  "Hey Sk8 you need some help getting that TIE off your tail?" Lonewold asked. "Lonewolf don't destroy him, I'm pretty sure it is, hold on I'm coming to get him." Kain said over the comm. "Well hurry up Kain, me and Lonewolf have to get back to our race." Sk8 said smirkingly. "Alright no problem, just keep him distracted while I come up behind him." Kain said. Kain flew his way towards his clone, linking all four cannons he began lining the Advanced up with his tageting cursor. "Hey Sk8, you see that big asteroid to right side of your ship?  Go around it and I'll be on the other side waiting for him."  Kain said. "Yeah I see it, I'm going around." Sk8 replied. Kain flew to the other side of the asteroid and cut his throttle waiting for them to fly by.  As soon as he saw Sk8 TIE fly by he slammed his throttle foward and tailed his clone.  Quickly he lined up the clone and let out quad laser blasts into the hull of his clone.  The clone of himself exploded into a big fireball.  Kain let a big sigh and began working his way out of the asteroid field. "Thanks Sk8 for your help." Kain said as he exited the field. "No problem Kain.  Now Lonewolf lets get back to our race..."

-----------------------
2nd Lieutenant Kain "Fire Bomber" Rennok
FM/2LT Kain Rennok/Aegis 3-2/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN [=A=] [=SA=] [=MA=] [=JCPA=] [=SCPA=] [=FOCE=] [VC:ST] [BRC]

YF-19 AVF "Black Rain"
PJ
ComNet n00b

August 30, 2002 9:50:37 PM    View the profile of PJ 
PJ watched sk8guy slipped in behind and destroyed the Commodore’s clone, before taking off again.  Deep inside, PJ felt disappointed....he really had wanted to truly defeat his clone.  He had had “himself” under control for much of the melee.  Looking around, he saw that many of his squadron mates were now also controlling their mon a mono dogfights.  Off in the distance, he could see sk8guy and Lonewolf flying side by side through the asteroids.  With plenty of time to kill, PJ lowered his engines and at a slow glide, he turned his attention to his computers. “Hmmm....let’s see here,” playing with the computer, PJ slowly broke into the sim’s operating systems and altered part of it’s programming. ‘Ah, there we go,’ he thought to himself...suddenly a new fighter entered the area...just as he had planned another copy of his clone had arrived.  Powering up his engines again, PJ banked and began to advance on the other T/A.  Something seemed different as he approached.....maybe this second clone had learned from what PJ had done against the first one.  While the gap between the two dwindled....things didn’t seem any different quite yet....but only time would tell.

-----------------------
Aegis Flight Member Commodore PJ
FM/COM PJ/Aegis 2-4(Aegis 8)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus//VE
(=A=)(=SA=)(=MA=)(=FOCE=){SVx2}{VC-Silver Trim}{NDM}{SoV}[BRC][IOC]
Liquid
ComNet Member

August 30, 2002 10:21:55 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
Liquid smiled an evil smile as he banked and turned around the asteroids that were in the belt. His clone's shield's were hurting at 2% now, and he decided it was time to have a little fun. He pushed his tie to the limit, transferring all but a little enery from his lasers into his engines, and completely cutting his shields to aid in his speed. He watched his craft accelerate past 173 MGLT and smiled as he saw his adversary pulling the same, trying to keep up. Fool Liquid thought, pushing the button and watching "himself" not have enough time to react to the sudden explosive powers. His cockpit became consumed in flames, and the tie burst into a giant explosion. Much like a star exploding, only much, much smaller. He continued pushing his throttle forward, this time transferring all of his energy into his engines, and smiled with joy as his craft went past 190 MGLT. He caught up with sk8 and Lonewolf in no time at all. He joined into their little race and easily began floating around the rocks as if he were an invincible force. And in a way, he was. He pushed harder on the controls, tuning his flight skills, as well as easily beating the 2 vetran pilots. He pulled besides them on one of the larger asteroids and cut his engines. He commed over to them and asked if the old timers wanted another go at a Krath. "You Sith are all flying, and yet, i whoop your butts, what's up with that?" Liquid asked, waiting for a responce.

-----------------------

ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Aegis ESC Mission 5  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:33:37 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 192  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >