Topic:  Aegis ESC Story
Kain Rennok
ComNet Novice

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  85
Total Posts:  85
  RE: Aegis ESC Story
August 6, 2002 1:00:30 AM    View the profile of Kain Rennok 
Rusty and Kain had emptied their torpedo launchers at the cruiser. Now they were coming in for a strifing run on the weakened ship. Rusty went in first, he squeezed the trigger letting out an endless stream of laser cannon fire all over the hull of the cruiser. Kain followed through shortly after Rusty spraying his cannon fire over the turbolasers that were still busy trying to shoot down Liquid. He was able to take all a couple of turoblasers. Rusty and Kain came around for another strifing run, but this time both of them will go in simutaneously. The Carrack Cruisers remaining turbolasers stopped firing at Liquid and started targeting Rusty and Kain as they approached the ship. Both of them knew that they had to take out the remaining turbolasers to survive this next run. They came up on the starboard side of the ship and started firing at the turbolasers, the turbolasers fired back. Kain and Rusty barrel-rolled to avoid the lasers fired at them. Rusty targeted the last turbolaser on the starboard side of the ship, squeezed the trigger and let out a volley of green laser fire which destroyed it. Kain and Rusty regrouped back to Liquid. "We've took out all the turbolasers on the starboard side of the cruiser. Now they're defenseless on that side" said Rusty. "Should we take out the other turbolasers on the other side of the ship, so then it'll become totally defenseless, sir?" Kain asked Liquid over the comling. "Sure, I'll lead the strifing this time. Just let me recharge my shields after that we'll go in and destroy the remaining turbolasers." Liquid replied.

-----------------------
2nd Lieutenant Kain "Fire Bomber" Rennok
FM/2LT Kain Rennok/Aegis 3-2/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN [=A=] [=SA=] [=MA=] [=JCPA=] [=SCPA=] [=FOCE=] [VC:ST] [BRC]

YF-19 AVF "Black Rain"
Liquid
ComNet Member

[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight (DJK)
[VE-NAVY] 1st Lieutenant (1LT)

Post Number:  612
Total Posts:  679
August 6, 2002 1:10:24 AM    View the profile of Liquid 
Liquid smacked the display of the simulator, angry that his shields wouldn't recharge faster. "Finally!" Liquid shouted, noting that his shields were at 100%. He pulled into the lead position of the flight, instructing Rusty and Kain to fire to their respective sides, and Liquid would take the ones in the middle. They were to make 3 runs, and whatever was left after that would stay. Liquid throttled up for the first run, and let out a stream of laser fire, blanketing the cruiser's turbolasers with green fire, and destroying 1 before he had to pull up and turn around for the next fly-by. "Ok, next run!" Liquid shouted, watching his flight members join up beside him again. they went through again, this time weaving and dodging, as the cruiser's turbolasers became more and more accurate. He heard Rusty cry out. "I'm Hit!!! I'm Hit!!!" Rusty shouted, as his plane sunk low into the shields of the cruiser, exploding on impact. "He'll be back," Liquid shouted, pulling into a tight barrel roll and focusing his shots on the next turret in the line. Kain was doing the same, trying to hold it together. "Sir, my shields are at 50%, I don't know how much more of this onslaught i can take before they fail." Kain stated, with concern in his voice. "Join the club," Liquid stated, pulling his ship's controls in the opposite direction, and narrowly avoiding the red beam from the scum's ship.

-----------------------
ADJ:NTO/IA/EFL/WO1 Liquid/Aegis 3-1 (Aegis Nine)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)

TRN/JRN Liquid/TBA/TBA/VEDJ/(VP)

I am the TO's Adjutant, and the FS's instructor's assistant. Any questions? please direct them to: Me

Naval Academy ||| Flight School
Kain Rennok
ComNet Novice

[VE-NAVY] 2nd Lieutenant (2LT)

Post Number:  85
Total Posts:  85
August 6, 2002 1:49:28 AM    View the profile of Kain Rennok 
After that last strifing run both Liquid and Kain's shields were reduced down to 50%. There were only 2 more turbolasers on the portside of the ship. "Liquid I have an idea that might work." Kain said. "Alright lets hear it." Liquid replied back. "OK, I think that if we transfer all of our shields to the thrusters, he might be able to fly fast enough so that the turbolasers won't be able to accurately shoot us down. I know you're thinking its a suicidal attempt but, I've seen this work before." "Well you're right about one thing, its crazy even to think about something like this. But are you sure that we can pull this off? Getting enough power to the thrusters so that we're zooming past the turbolasers. What if we don't destroy the turbolasers and get blown by them?" "Well I guess you'll have to trust me on this one. Anyways if we do get blown up, we can always reenter the sim again and try a different strategy." "Alright then lets do it!" Liquid and Kain pulled around and headed towards the Carrack Cruiser once again for their final strifing run. After a couple pushes of buttons they transferred the remaining shields to thier thrusters.  They were going well over 120 MGLT and approaching the cruiser at a tremendous speed. "Well this is the moment of truth Kain. Lets see if this strategy of yours really works. Get ready...*BEEP*...FIRE!"

-----------------------
2nd Lieutenant Kain "Fire Bomber" Rennok
FM/2LT Kain Rennok/Aegis 3-2/mSSD Atrus/VE/VEN [=A=] [=SA=] [=MA=] [=JCPA=] [=SCPA=] [=FOCE=] [VC:ST] [BRC]

YF-19 AVF "Black Rain"
PJ
ComNet n00b

[VE-NAVY] Commodore (COM)
[VE-VEHC] Rear Admiral Lower Half (RA-L)*

Post Number:  20
Total Posts:  20
August 6, 2002 9:48:46 AM    View the profile of PJ 
As PJ linked his warheads he aimed near one of the transport's turbolasers, bobbed and rolled before firing. Watching as the shot hit JUST right of the battery, he closed in for his next run. Suddenly he noticed that instead of three green blasts he only had to dodge two....the one he had fired at had malfunctioned. It could be less than a minute before they had it repaired and firing again. He couldn't give them that chance. Slipping to the portside of the transport, PJ put the enemy ship between him and one of the turbolasers. Dodging the single turbolaser blast, he raked the knocked out turbolaser with his own lasers causing it to explode. If he could take out the battery on the top of the transport, the whole portside would be left defenseless against his attacks. Banking and weaving his way towards the turbolaser, PJ unleashed a fury of laser fire on the battery. As they exchanged blows, the turbolaser exploded in a bright flash, leaving his shields plenty of time to recuperate from 20% as the whole side lay open to his doings. Speed was no longer an issue as PJ set his shield and lasers to full recharge and glided up to the transport. Targeting key components and blowing them off the hull one by one the crippled ship was soon operating on a single engine as it attempted to lumber away...it's speed so slow it was going to take hours to get to it's hyperspace point. "Five, this is Eight...my targets crippled and not going anywhere fast....preparing to put them out of their misery." "Copy that, Eight...have fun." Raking the defenseless side of the transport it's hull was now critically damaged. Gunning forward and banking, PJ ripped up the bridge...permanently disabling the transport. Another blast and a huge explosion replaced the ship, leaving only debris and lifeless corpses. "This is Eight....target destroyed."

-----------------------
Aegis Flight Member Commodore PJ
FM/COM PJ/Aegis 2-4(Aegis 8)/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus//VE
(=A=)(=SA=)(=MA=)(=FOCE=){SVx2}{VC-Silver Trim}{NDM}{SoV}[BRC][IOC]
Liquid
ComNet Member

August 6, 2002 11:53:28 AM    View the profile of Liquid 
Liquid dodged this way and that, hoping to not take anymore substancial hits from the Carrack's turbolasers. He knew that flying at this speed was gonna be a challenge, and taking out the ship's lasers with limited fire was gonna be an even bigger one. Liquid gritted his teeth, and opened himself up to the Dark Side of the Force. His shots were guided to their places more accurately than his hands would have been able to do on their own. He knew that everytime he fired, it was a direct hit. Liquid came out of his semi-trance, wondering if they were done with their run, and saw the X-wing in front of him before it was almost too late, he pulled back on the controls, dropping a flare that with it's momentum should at least damage the X-wing, if not completely annihilate it. He pushed forward on his controls, not wanting to go into a loop, but wanting to stay the course, and keep Kain by his side. He knew that it would be better for the 2 pilots if they stuck together, but, they had to go their seperate ways. "Go make sure that that X-wing that got in my way's dead, I have a tail!" Liquid shouted, dodging the red laser fire. "Yes sir, i'm on it," Kain replied, turning his ship around and engaging the injured X-wing.

-----------------------
ADJ:NTO/IA/EFL/WO1 Liquid/Aegis 3-1 (Aegis Nine)/Phoenix Wing/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)(=SA=)

I am the TO's Adjutant, and the FS's instructor's assistant. Any questions? please direct them to: Me

Aegis ||| Naval Academy ||| Flight School
Rustichituk
ComNet Novice

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman (SCRW)

Post Number:  33
Total Posts:  93
August 6, 2002 12:41:39 AM    View the profile of Rustichituk 
Rusty was angered yet again as the turbolasers had shot him down. Practically tearing the sim apart as he climbed out of it he roared, in rage. He didn’t like losing, at all. He got back in the sim. Noticing that his flight had been concentrating on the cruiser, he zoomed up to provide help. He took a few shots from the damned turbolasers again. He was fed up with it. He knew that they were just to disable the cruiser, but these turbolasers were pissing him off, and they were taking us down. Rusty sped towards the Carrack cruiser and rained green upon the lasers, they were too worried about Rusty’s lasers. So he bombed a warhead between the two starboard turbolasers, taking out two of the annoyances. He was afraid that he would end up destroying the carrack, so he went to help with the other transport. He started bombarding it. Let 3 warheads go, two made contact, drastically lowering the ships shields. He found the shield generator on the transport. He opened fire, and took out the ship’s shield defense. Like he had done with the last transport, he teamed up with someone (happened to be TJ) and they took passes at the ship. The blasts from the laser cannon made small imperfections upon the ship of the transport. Again, the turbolasers were lowering Rusty’s shield…

-----------------------
EFM/SCRW Rustichituk/Aegis 3-3/Wing 1 (Phoenix)/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)
Liquid
ComNet Member

August 6, 2002 1:01:25 PM    View the profile of Liquid 
Liquid pulled up suddenly on his controls, trying to trick the simulator with his seemingly random movements. Liquid had no shields anymore, and his hull was taking more and more damage from the rebel pilot's ship. He decided he needed to turn to the offensive, and took his engines down to 1/3, letting the X-wing fly overhead, then shoved the throttle to full capacity again, opening up a rain of laser fire that would at least maim the pilot's ship. He knew that it would be hard to keep the rebel pilot from losing him, but, he knew that he had to do it. He pulled this way and that, following the X-wing's every move with his Scimitar. The pilot cranked his throttle to full, almost leaving the Scimitar behind, but, Liquid fired off 2 warheads before the pilot had a chance to break his lock. They headed on their way, and the rebel released countermeasures, trying desperately to not die. "Too late!" Liquid shouted, watching the impact of the second warhead rock the ship into submission. The rebel's ship was now flying with only one engine, making it even less speedy and manueverable than the Scimitar. Liquid knew that he could win this at any time, so he aimed for the r2 unit that the computer's ship had. He blew away the r2 unit, satisfied that the ship had no means of repairing itself. He quickly followed the badly injured ship, shooting it every once in a while with some lasers. He was just torturing the simulator's pilot now, and Liquid enjoyed torture.

-----------------------

Aegis ||| Naval Academy ||| Flight School
Rustichituk
ComNet Novice

[VE-NAVY] Senior Crewman (SCRW)

Post Number:  33
Total Posts:  93
August 6, 2002 1:53:49 PM    View the profile of Rustichituk 
Rusty was glad to see that the last of the X’s were destroyed. He helped TJ with the transport, Lone Wolf had been giving it shots too. Rusty distracted one of the turbo lasers as Lone Wolf took a few shots at it. TJ finished it off. Rusty slowly picked off two more of the turbo laser turrets. As Lone Wolf and TJ finished off the rest of the turbo lasers, Rusty took a pass. He showered the transport shuttle with green bolts from his Scimitar series bomber. Lone Wolf was unaware of the X’s being destroyed. Lone Wolf: “I’m gonna go help with the rest of the X-wings.” TJ: “OK, I’ll help Rusty with this transport.” Rusty: “Lone Wolf, pay attention, the X-Wings all have been destroyed. All we have to do is finish this transport off, and go disable the Carrack Cruiser.” Lone Wolf thought that the wookie was a bit disrespectful, snapping at him. But he figured he had it comin’, he wasn’t paying attention, and Rusty wouldn’t let little details like that get blown off. They all went to take a last pass at the transport. Rusty bombed two warheads while Lone Wolf and TJ caked it with green. The transport happened to be near the Carrack. The explosion took out another of the Carrack Cruiser’s turrets. All of the Aegis squadron attacked the carrack with green, while Rusty let out his last warhead. Rusty: “HELL YA! WE DISABLED IT! WHOO HOO! THAT’S A SWIFT KICK TO THEIR LITTLE REBEL PANTS!” The others were speechless, they had accomplished the mission…

-----------------------
EFM/SCRW Rustichituk/Aegis 3-3/Wing 1 (Phoenix)/mSSD Atrus/DEF/VEN/VE/(=A=)
ComNet > Imperial Navy > Archived Naval Story Board > Aegis ESC Story  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 9:54:45 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 111  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >