Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > QW II: Reelin' and Rockin'

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  QW II: Reelin' and Rockin'
Garryll Gates
ComNet Member

Garryll Gates

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  322
Total Posts:  2159
  RE: QW II: Reelin' and Rockin'
September 27, 2008 8:01:07 AM    View the profile of Garryll Gates 
Gates' suggestion drew a grim slash of a smile across his own mouth. He pulled out a pair of grenades; one concussion, one frag. Tanus, Tank and Orobos each pulled grenades as well.

"On my mark; three two one mark!" muttered Tanus.

The four stormtroopers threw their grenades, where they rolled to a stop near the heaviest concentrations of troops.

The frags exploded with deafening force, sending white-hot shrapnel everywhere. The frags killed half of the men.

The concussion grenades disoriented the rest, which allowed the BlackJacks to mop up the poor bastards with exactly 93 blasts.

Gates stood, salvaged ammo and grenades from the now-dead troops. Orobos and himself then gimmiked the weapons to make them useless.
BlackJack Squad-Sergeant, Heavy Weapons
TRP/SGT Garryll Gates/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath
Imperial Network Star Wars Image

You don't hit us. We hit you. BlackJack Motto

I have a rendezvous with Death,
At some disputed barricade;
It may be he shall take my hand,
and Lead me into his dark land.
And close my Eyes,
And Quench My Breath;
I have A Rendezvous with Death.
And to my pledged word am true,
I shall not Fail that Rendezvous
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  606
Total Posts:  823
September 27, 2008 8:08:50 AM    View the profile of RK 
RK gritted his teeth at the pain, he had been careless, but at least he could till fight. After Helena finished up here check s on his leg, he struggled to get up, limping slightly. His Dewback was having less trouble then him getting up, he was thought, RK had to give him that, but he knew it would be harder to ride him. Although once he was up something spoked him.

“Alright Boy, stay calm.” RK tried his best to keep the dewback  under control; he grabbed the reigns and kept them firmly in his hand, while picking up his whip with the other. Once he got everything gathered up he replaced the whip to his belt, and became to attempt to get on his mount. “Alright, your going to have to work with me here.”

the dewback just stayed there, his head shaking up and down; whether that was a sign that he was alright with it or he was just trying to shake RK off his reigns. Regardless, RK didn't care, all that mattered was getting back on and helping out. This wasn't probably the best idea ever.

RK started by jumping on his good leg and getting it in the right saddle foot hold, then he swung his bad leg up around; when it made contact with the side of the dewback a sot of pain went through his leg, making him grit his teeth even harder. The Dewback,on the other hand, let out a low grunt, letting him know that he wasn't liking what was going on. RK just patted him on the head and let him know it was okay.

“You going to be alright RK?” Kand asked, riding up beside.

“Yea, I'll be fine.” RK replied, grimacing at another jolt of dull pain that went up his leg.

“Good, everyone form up, were going to have to hit them hard.”

“Yes, sir.” Ror replied. He was the only one to say anything, except for Helena who was telling something to Kand that was beyond audible, except for their ears.

“Alright, understood. Now let's move.”
TRP/SGT RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2]

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1057
Total Posts:  1849
September 27, 2008 9:42:51 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"Command, this is Wraith Squad Leader. Do you have any confirmed co-ordinates on the enemy location South?"

Kanderin didn't get a response straight away, but through the amount of radio chatter that seemed neverending, he wasn't surprised. Not one was recognisable, and it was even difficult to work out what was speech and what was gunfire. Then a voice responded, clear as day.

"Kand, this is Darr"

"Where the hell have you been? Looked over for you!"

"Long story, but I'm here now. We've got you up on radar, and we do have a rough estimation of where the bulk of the enemy forces lie. A click or so South, but it's really, really big. I'm sending out another squad of soldiers to assist you, don't do anything until they get there. One of them will have a map for you. Darr out."

His orders were unclear, to say the least, but with the base in such a state he expected as much. Wildcard's response had been excellent, to the point where it was plausible they had turned the tide completely. On the other hand, this 'big' force could be a very large problem. And Storm were still nowhere to be seen.

"Let's make our way out of range of the mortar's guys, and wait for the fresh meat"
=================Army===================
Sergeant First Class Kanderin Draken
Wraith Squad Leader
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~
Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection
SL/SFC Kanderin/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoS] [IH][GRP]
=============Special Operations================
~Phantom~
Phantom Lead Xephilus Sekine/Alpha Squad/Alpha Team - 1/VE
specter1000
ComNet Initiate

specter1000

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  116
Total Posts:  129
September 27, 2008 10:03:27 AM    View the profile of specter1000 
Ror took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a second as Kand talked to Darr on the radio,. "God damn this was not fun waking up to!" Ror muttered under his breath as Kand finished talking.

"Let's make our way out of range of the mortar's guys, and wait for the fresh meat" Kand said grabbing his reins once more.

Ror sighed and looked over and saw his polearm and ran his dewback over there, "Well at least I found you," he said under his breath again before turning his bewback around and running to catch up with the squad.

They proceeded out the stable and where making their way down towards the south way slowly. The process was slow because every time a mortar hit their dewbacks would get spooked. "I am talking to Doc about why he gave us these damn thing!" Ror yelled over the roar of incoming fire.

"Hey you guys are Wraith squad I take it?" A man's voice yelled after a round exploded off in the distance. They looked over and saw the squad that was sent for them. They were regular army and about 15 men strong with basic blasters.

Kand turned his dewback and looked at the man, "I take it your the squad commander right?"

The man nodded, "Srg. Taylor, now heres that map command told you about,' he said reaching to his pants pocket and pulling out a small databoard.

Kand reached down and took it from the man and switched it on a second and looked at the map, "Thank you, I am Knaderin Draken, Wraith's Squad leader. Now I think we should get started don't you?"

The man nodded and they both barked marching orders to their squad and both squads began once again moving to the south wall.

K
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1058
September 27, 2008 10:29:42 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
The map was pretty helpful, emblazening enemy locations in a dark red colour. Although it couldn't pinpoint their actual locations, and instead only gave the location of their last attack, it gave them a rough enough idea of how big the force was. And thing's had become a lot easier now they were twenty three man strong, instead of just eight.

It took a lot of looking up and down to be able to make sense of a battle plan. They were treading right over the top of where the force was, according to the map, but there was still nothing. 50 yards to the right however was a small cliff face, about twenty metres high but large enough for a force to be protected from the large command structure.

"Taylor, get some of your men together to have a look down that cliffside, be careful though" Kanderin called back.

"Roger Sir" he nodded in response, before pointing at three soldiers, who promptly ran forward to his side. Kanderin raised a hand and brought his squad to a halt. The three men promptly dashed forward the fifty or so yards to the edge, before dropping down to a crawl and moving right up to the edge. The look on their faces said it all, they'd hit the jackpot.

A few moments later the soldiers arrived back at their leader, who had taken up position against Kanderin.

"it's a big force Sarge, they outnumber us 5 to 1 at least" A scrawny blonde haired man replied, shaking loose folicles of hair away from his face.

"Hey, those are good odd's by the standards I'm used to" Kanderin winked, looking back to the rest of the squad for support. Not one of them smiled.

"Spoilsports. Right, Break your forces down into four teams of three. Each of your teams will be joined by two of my riders. On the go' my riders will break down the cliffside, with your men using us as cover.  Take as many down as you can, then we'll leave the pack again. Hit and run strikes should work the best, I hope"

Kanderin smiled, oblivious to the gulps that followed his statement.
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
specter1000
ComNet Initiate

specter1000

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  117
September 27, 2008 10:48:56 AM    View the profile of specter1000 
Ror listened to the plan and smiled, "So we get to be the meat shields Kand?"

RK looked over at Ror and laughed, "You scared Ithorian?"

Ror looked over at RK and scowled, "Kand, sir, is there going to be a point man?"

Kand looked over at the two and sighed, "Fighting for lead again you two? No we go as one wave so we hit harder without getting shot up piece by piece." Rk and Ror both sighed to that. Wraith turned their mounts; slowly and quietly walked their mounts over to the cliffedge so the surprise would be more sudden. Taylors squad split into groups and went to separate riders.

As the groups split up three man stood their dumbstruck, Helena laughed and spoke up, "Kand I think you made a math error. We got three leftovers."

Kand quickly snapped his head around and scowled, "Oh, well just each of you join a different group and we will have three squads with 4 and one with three." The men quickly nodded and ran to join the others.

Ror looked over and glared at his partner RK, "Hey Rk I am going to get more kills on the first run then you do."

Rk looked over and glared at Ror and smiled, "100 credits say I take more kills first rum."

Ror laughed and nodded, "Fine 100 credits it is." Ror glanced back and saw they were the group of three and that the men had edged back away from the two Wraiths, Wow these regulars must think we are crazy for volunteering and having a smile on our faces to be basic meat shields.
Riqimo
ComNet Marshal
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] 1st Lieutenant
[VE-DJO] Acolyte
[VE-VEEC] Chief Engineer

Post Number:  1580
Total Posts:  2382
September 27, 2008 11:06:48 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
“Another mortar round inbound, brace for impact!”

Riqimo quickly downed the last bit of his caf before gripping a handlebar nearby.  The impact sent a large shudder causing one console to fall over and the others to come close to following suite.

“Sir, the fire is spreading, it's now threatening to approach commercial crops,” one of the techs shouted while stabilizing his console.

“Have the army defend the facility, and order the Stormtroopers to approach the forest and put out the fire, send them with the repulsor lift firetrucks in the garage... or what's left of the garage anyways.”

“Aye sir, giving the orders now.”

“Damage report now,” Riq turned to another tech with a hot caf stain on his shirt, obviously from the impact that just occurred by his face twisted slightly with pain.

“The northern perimeter wall is primarily rubble with some pieces still standing for cover.  Southern seems to be holding better.  The station itself has taken heavy exterior damage, but the structural damage is quite minor,” the man was starting to unbutton his uniform to get the hot stain away from his flesh.

“Current enemy status?”

“Still coming hard from the north, south has mostly trickled out, minor raids.  The artillery attacks are coming from the north, a boat to be exact, we're attempting to get satellite scans of the craft, should have them in 10 minutes once the satellite is in position.”

“Sir, the Storm Platoon is hurrying towards the garage, they intend to take a direct route towards the fire, going over the river with their repulsors. Wildcard, with the exception of Wraith are heading back to the garage and are going to take the bridge, striking the enemy position there, estimated at 35 men.  Wraith is not returning to the garage, and simply are heading straight to the bridge to spearhead the assault for Wildcard.”

“Good, keep me updated, need to refill my caf cup,” Riqimo nodded to the techs that had just updated the situation before turning out into the hall for a few minutes.
Riqimo "Doc" Ray Pershaw
Baronet of Aaclu, Tadath

"Put a blaster in a citizen's hands, and you have an expendable troop.  Put a purpose in his heart, and you win a soldier."

CC/1LT Riqimo/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Prefect of the Army Assistant
[CotE][CDS][EW1][ES2][MSM][SC][BM]
[AS-1][SoH][CoS][GRP]
[VUA-Eclipse][VUA-ARC-Lambda]

TRN/Acolyte Riqimo/Training 1-4/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE

RDO/CE Riqimo/Cepany/Rnd/VEEC/VE
Author/SCP Riqimo/Lotaith/VET/VEEC/VE

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1059
September 27, 2008 11:20:35 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Wraith could see down the hill now, to the squads of enemy troopers that stood in lines below. Three men, supposedly their leaders, were barking orders at them, pointing to the South East, which with a quick glance up, kand confirmed was the the bridge crossing the river.

"Hey, you guys sure you saw 5 to 1 numbers down there?" Kanderin whispered to the men stood around him.

"Hey dont ask me, it was Sean that told you that" One of the men replied.

"Well, I see no more than twenty men, this'll be a snap" Kanderin smiled.

By the time he had turned back, the squads had vanished from where they used to be. Instead, they had already reached the road and were sprinting down it, towards the bridge.

"Shall we give chase Kand?" Helena called across from her group.

"Yeah, but lets keep back. They're up to something, we need to find out what it is" He shouted back.

Helena nodded and relayed the info to everyone else, before briskly following Kanderin and Ror down the hillside. They couldn't go much faster thana  trot without risking becoming visible, so progress would be slow. They also made the senior decision to stay off the road, which made them very visible. Instead, they stuck to the slightly lower area to each side, just low enough to make them invisible.
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
Jori
ComNet Initiate

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  106
Total Posts:  304
September 27, 2008 1:00:59 PM    View the profile of Jori 
Jori was racing along behind the rest of Jester towards the garage, where repulsorlift fire trucks were waiting.  They traveled through hallways and rooms alike, finally reaching the partially destroyed garage. Everybody jumped in the fire trucks, one squad per truck. Jester’s truck was close to the damaged wall, but it was still just as good as the ones on the other side of the garage. Jori quickly positioned himself behind one of the foam jets, while Jager placed himself behind the controls and the rest of Jester followed Jori.

“Alright, Storm. We’re going to be moving directly across the river toward the forest, where we are going to be putting out fires. Let’s go.” Kami said from Jester’s fire truck.

Jori looked at the foam jet’s controls and tried to figure out what was what. He experimented for a little bit, but stopped when Kami told him not to waste the foam.

It doesn’t matter if I stop. I’ve got the controls down. You aim by moving the jet around, fire by squeezing the grips, and changing the pressure level by pressing the green button to increase it and the red button to decrease it. That way it can shoot farther and shorter distances, depending on where you are because the jet is limited on how much it can move.

Jori was satisfied, so he sat down and waited. Soon, he felt a bump that meant they had moved onto the river. He stood up and looked at the approaching shoreline. What he saw amazed him because it looked as if the entire forest was on fire. Even where he was standing, he could feel a slight increase in temperature. It wasn’t much, but it was there.

I don’t know if we’ll be able to stand the heat. I’m starting to sweat already.

Sure enough, a line of sweat was running down his back. He shifted uncomfortably and noticed that they were close to the shore. Then, he felt the telltale bump and turned to the jet, ready to take out the fires.
Vast Empire Imperial Navy
Leading Crewman Hunter Morrell
FM/LCRW Hunter-Morrell/Kaph 2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/
==============================================
Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps
Private Jori Lekrif
TRP/PRV Jori Lekrif3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Vast Empire Engineering Corps
Word Slinger Hunter Morrell
Author/WS Hunter-Morrell/Lotaith/VET/VE
TX-47
ComNet Cadet

TX-47

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  261
Total Posts:  621
September 27, 2008 2:41:26 PM    View the profile of TX-47 
Tank commed the other troopers operating the various systems on the fire trucks, talking them through the controls.  Soon each of the repulsorlift trucks were dousing flames with foam jets.  Following Kami's orders the troopers were efficient, not wasting foam yet steadily making progress.

Tank was impressed; Jori had already intuited the controls before the others even asked for help.  He'd make a great vehicle crewmen; we never seem to have enough... Tank mused as he maneuvered his truck to dodge a falling tree.  "Keep your scanners open; if one of the big trees lands on you you'll get pinned or worse."

"Roger that, Tank.  I hope the others are having an easier time..."

Tank was sure Sergeant Gates was having a 'blast' or two at their enemies' expense.  Movement on his ten snapped Tank out of his reverie.  Troopers in silvery fire-retardant outfits armed with a variety of flamers; carbines, rifles and cannons.  "Lance Corporal Tnepres take the controls!" Tank ordered the newest member of BlackJack as he went up top with the M1 LMG "Tyrant" Chaingun.  Mounting the weapon on braces the vehicle itself would hold the weapon (mostly) steady as he fired.  Tank tore into the group closest to the trucks, cutting them down.  Others retreated into the flames or behind foam-coated trees.

In the relative silence Tank heard something behind him, something close.  Drawing his Stormtrooper Two heavy carbine he twisted around and rapid shot the vibroaxe-weilding arsonist.  Too damn close...  Reholstering his carbine he got back to business with the chaingun in time to take out the next wave of thugs.

Targetting a tree, Tank brought it down on the heads of the handful smart enough to retreat.  Checking his HUD there were no more contacts withing range, so he took over the foamjet.  Back to work...
Imperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars ImageImperial Network Star Wars Image
BlackJack Squad
Lance Corporal Baraka "Tank" Kodex
TRP/LCP TX-47/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [EW2][LoS][ES2][SRP]

Vehicle Crewman
Storm Commando http://www.playlist.com/user/5975941/
"Smart."  -Calo Nord
Exalted in the Dark Side
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  1627
Total Posts:  1920
September 27, 2008 7:33:54 PM    View the profile of Dante 
From his seat on the troop transport's side, Dante could feel the vehicle shake with each crater and bump in the road. Yet another complaint about the armour: it didn't absorb blows or shocks the same way the RAIDERS issue variant did. Blaster bolt impacts which Dante could have ignored with the standard armour now stung, a side-effect of less powerful heat sinks.

Dante saw a brightly illuminated strip of light ahead, and immedietely focused on the task at hand. The Deltas had seen the convoy coming, and had barricaded themselves around and beyond the structure.

The Wildcards and a single regular squad were on and inside the half dozen transports making their way to the bridge. Each of these hover-vehicles was equiped with a heavy quad laser, and there was an escort of a single Saber tank from the Northern perimeter. All in all, there was most likely more than enough fire power to decimate the bridge defenses. After the little string of surprises an hour ago, though, Dante was far from convinced.

Searching for a way to relieve his tension, the trooper strummed his fingers on his PLX-2's barrel, which clanged under his touch. One of the garrison troopers had handed him the weapon as well as several extra rounds. Dante resolved to find the regular and thank him, if both of them were still alive after this.

Dante had just placed the first round in the firing chamber, and the convoy was a dozen meters away from the bridge, when the lead hovercraft vanished in a red-range fireball and subsequent shrapnel cloud. Thirteen troopers from Aiwha Squad died instantly, vaporized or torn apart by flying metal. Molten durasteel sizzled down on the convoy, which came to a sudden halt.

Too late, Dante spotted the dozens of glowing red dots on the ground. There were hundreds of anit-armour mines around the area, enough to decimate a convoy ten times their size. At the same time, the half dozen turrets on the other side of the bridge opened up on the vehicles.

"Sithspawn!"
TRP/GSGDante/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
*HeavyWeapons *
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
Washington:"I knew this plan would never work!"
Church:"None of our plans ever work."
Caboose:"That's why we carry guns."
Cursed
ComNet Novice

Cursed

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  71
Total Posts:  206
September 27, 2008 8:04:00 PM    View the profile of Cursed 
Bacardi took his eyes of his gun and looked straight ahead at the transport door. Troops piled out of the transport, Bacardi behind Tortus, Tortus behind Dante, and Dante behind Sniping101. Bacardi raised his DC-15S Blaster Rifle towards the place were Aiwha Squad had stood moments earlier. It was only molten dust now. All of the troops of RAIDER Squad ran towards the mines, dodging the red dots as carefully as possible. Their target, the bridge, was straight ahead. One mine was half an inch away from Bacardi's foot as he hit the bridge, jumping over it (behind Sniping101, Dante, Tortus, and the rest of the exhilarating RAIDERS Squad).

Jumping over the bridge, their Stormtrooper Armor stood out from the Delta Armor, as fire came from all sides, the RAIDERS took cover by a few crates. Moving his gun over, Bacardi shot twice at a Delta, killing him instantly. Deltas began to charge, and Dante shot up once killing a Delta that was coming for Tortus.

"Pull back for WildCard support." A familiar voice rang through all the Stormtrooper Corps Coms, and RAIDER Squad followed suit. Dante and Bacardi dropped two thermal detonators and hopped the bridge, Sniping101 and Tortus already cleared the bridge, with Otto on their tail. All of RAIDERS ran through the minefield with strength, all the men ran behind a small barricade of Aiwha Squad's (what was left of them) transport. All the troopers raised their blasters at the oncoming troops, making sure none of them could get close enough for the minefield to detonate. "RAIDERS, pull back to the transport!"

"Copy that," Sniping101 said. "Lets move!" All the troops turned around and ran to the transports. All the squads were meeting their, and small barricades had already been set up.
Andar "Cursed" Bacardi

Retired
[EW1][SRP][BM]
[This message has been edited by Bacardi (edited September 27, 2008 8:07:34 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Bacardi (edited September 27, 2008 8:13:09 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Bacardi (edited September 27, 2008 8:15:01 PM)]
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1628
September 27, 2008 8:28:43 PM    View the profile of Dante 
There were taunts from the bridge and the other bank as the Wildcards retreated, and Dante had to repress an urge to fire on the rebels. It was unlikely he'd hit anything in the near-darkness and distance, and their squad weapons were much heavier than what Dante was willing to use on infantry targets. A few stray shots sizzled towards the Wildcards, but went wide. Snipes was swearing at the other bank, his inflection constantly changing as he switched through languages at a fantastic rate. As he ran back, Dante idly began counting the number of different dialects. He had reached twenty by the time they reached their vehicles.

To Dante's surprise, the hovervans rumbled as they powered up their repulsors, then drifted to either side. The Saber heavy tank came through the gap, its angular surface bristling with weapons. The tank's cannons glowed a bright crimson as it fired its repeating laser cannons, not at the enemy but at the minefield. There were half a dozen pops, followed by midair crimson explosions as the explosives flew into the air. The tank fired until it had cleared a four meter stretch, then razed the area beyond with its particle beam cannon. The azure energy carved through the minefield like a vibroblade through a mynock.

The enemy watched in stationary silence as their first line of defense was systematically eradicated. If they hadn't moved occasionally, they could have passed for statues. The tank moved the beam for the last time, then fell silent once more.

Sniping 101 motioned the RAIDERS to advance, and they charged with the other Wildcards. The Saber followed in their wake.

Things are about to get really interesting...
*HeavyWeapons *
Read the bloody manual!
"Never believe a rumour of my demise. I have as many lives as a cat. Also as many teeth, as many claws, and the same cheery, cooperative disposition." Peter Wiggin, Xenocide
Cursed
ComNet Novice

Cursed

Post Number:  72
September 27, 2008 8:42:27 PM    View the profile of Cursed 
Sniping101 motioned for RAIDERS Squad to follow him (and the rest of WildCard Platoon at that). The minefield had turned into a stretch of rubble and other gizmos. Bacardi ran towards with a sluggish speed, kneeling down to fire once (with WildCard cover). The bolts streaked over the bridge and near the enemy turret. The turret immediately turned around as WildCard's bolts streaked it, it began to fire, one bolt at a time. Another turret (located a few meters away from the other turret) turned in the same direction, pulsing more shots into the same position.

A trooper from Iron Horse Squad came from nowhere, in his hand he carried an ion grenade. He tossed the grenade with a strong arm towards the two turrets, another trooper came up beside him with an Ion Cannon (both of them still standing still) and fired twice. The ion bolts nailed the turrets, disabling them for valuable seconds. All of the troopers jumped onto the bridge (were the turret emplacements were) and looked around for a half of a second at the troopers. Smirking, WildCard raised their rifles - firing. Bacardi jumped down, doing a summersault towards one of the troopers.

"Ah-" the trooper yelled as automatic fire from WildCard Platoon killed the trooper. The other troopers, three to be exact, turned towards Bacardi weapons raised. WildCard was already on top of that, Dante, Tortus, and Sergeant Major Otto Vox and opened fire from the left, Sniping101, and a few members from Iron Horse on the right. The troopers hit the ground, all of them dead.

"Plant charges." Sniping101 ordered the group, as they planted charges on the turrets.
Andar "Cursed" Bacardi

TRP/PFC Andar Bacardi/2SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE
[EW1][SRP][BM]
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1629
September 27, 2008 8:56:26 PM    View the profile of Dante 
The stationary guns went up in twin plumes of fire and smoke. Pieces of the machines pinged off Dante's plastoid armour, etching trails and deepening already present gashes. Once again, Dante cursed the flimsy storm commando armour. It might stand up to commando missions, but there could hardly have been a worse choice for heavy-duty ops.

Dante was distracted from this thought by a moan near his feet. One of the rebels, though grievously wounded, was still barely alive. Half a dozen blaster bolts had gutted him and turned his body to a ruined, ash coated heap. Still, the Duro managed to find the energy to raise one twisted arm before Dante automatically brought his weapon down and fired. The enemy beam burned through flesh and sent the large-eyed Delta sprawling.

Dante looked at the body for a moment longer untila lance of red-white energy flew past his visor and caught his attention. The turrets and troopers on the other side had opened fire, and the bridge was narrow enough for it to be a very effective kil-zone. One shot, then another, hit Dante in the chestplate, and the force of the impacts sent him fling backwards. He landed heavily, and remained still, stunned by the impact. Taking orders from their squadleaders, the Wildcards quickly moved back once again. Dante felt two of his squad mates dragging him away from the kill zone, and forced himself to get back to his feet. Nodding gratefully to his vod, the Gunnery Sergeant ran back with the others.

The terrorist group started taunting the Imperials again, only to fall silent as the Saber tank slowly drifted forwards through the safe area it had cleared earlier. A few of the dozen troopers on the other side realised what was about to happen, and began to run. A second later, two thermal detonator-tipped rockets streaked from tubes mounted on the tank's side, detonating violently in the middle of the clump. Bodies and pieces of weapons flew in all directions from the explosion's epicenter. Taking advantage of their enemy's sudden loss of cohesion, the Wildcards charged, yelling as they ran.
*HeavyWeapons *
Read the bloody manual!
Cursed
ComNet Novice

Cursed

Post Number:  73
September 27, 2008 9:04:45 PM    View the profile of Cursed 
Bacardi and Otto Vox both stood six foot one inch, they both had their weapons slung around their back, and they both were dragging Dante back. Both of them let Dante drop as they raised their weapons automatically, Bacardi's smaller, less powerful weapon could barely scratch the rebels from so far away. Looking down at the ground, he saw a T-21 Light Repeater. Picking it up he raised his blaster again, firing as fast as possible. Otto Vox, who was carrying a Imperial Heavy Repeater ran forward, and Bacardi followed. Dante got up and followed them.

Taunts came from the New Republic Trooper's mouths. Those taunts halted a second later as the Saber tank came forward, firing as fast as possible. WildCard took his opportunity to charge as quickly as possible. The troops (WildCard troops) stopped in their tracks as the New Republic troops (that were retreating) turned around and fired as quickly as possible. A shower made of lasers battered the position that Bacardi and Vox had retreated to, the Saber tank quickly fired to quell this.

Both of them jumped up quickly, along with the rest of WildCard. The enemy troopers ran as fast as possible, the Saber tank on their tail, and half of WildCard's men firing repeaters at a slow rate. They all hit the ground, dead.
Andar "Cursed" Bacardi

[EW1][SRP][BM]
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1630
September 27, 2008 9:25:59 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante turned slightly as he tracked a fleeing grey armoured figure. His finger tightened on the 17m's trigger, then stopped. Something about it just didn't seem right to him. Despite all he'd seen, despite the comrades he'd lost to these Republic vermin in the past, he still clung to some obselete notion of honour. The man fell with a random blaster bolt in the back, and tried to crawl away. Another Wildcard trooper kicked the Delta down before emptying his A-280 into the prone figure's back.

Sighing to himself, Dante fired a burst into a seriously wounded but still fighting Faleen. The lizard fell in a cloud of green-grey gore, its head blown completely away from its torso. Around him, the other Wildcards were mopping up the last of the terrorists. There were a few groans, which were responded to by bursts of blaster fire, and the area became quiet.

Dante looked at the scene. Bodies were scattered everywhere, and the remains of the E-Webs were still smoking slightly. Overhead, the sky was lightening, and the last few puffs of smoke from the forest fire were swirling in the distance. Storm had apparently finally started to do their job.

The Gunnery Sergeant had just replaced his deece's power cell when he heard the whirring of gears intermixed with the slurping of clawed pads on mud.

"Contact!" someone yelled, and Dante heard blaster fire.

Two, then four, then six bipedal outlines resolved from the forest just beyond the bridge area. Dante recognised them as All Terrain Recon Transports, Clone Wars-era anti-infantry walkers. They could easily tear the troops apart with their cannons, and their heavy weapons could even hurt the Saber tank. Adding to the Wildcard's troubles, still more hostile troops ran into the area, already exchanging fire with the Vast Imperials.

Dante took a moment to mutter a few choice Huttese swear words before pulling the trigger.
*HeavyWeapons *
Read the bloody manual!
Cursed
ComNet Novice

Cursed

Post Number:  74
September 27, 2008 9:35:08 PM    View the profile of Cursed 
"Oh... screw it." Bacardi muttered as the All Terrain Recon Transports came into play. Vox was heard swearing in a raspy voice, and the rest of WildCard stood still for a second - not a second to long. "Sir," Bacardi said, remembering that the Sergeant Major wasn't his sir. "Cover me!" Vox nodded as he raised his Imperial Repeater, Bacardi moved out of his hiding spot and aimed, the All Terrain Recon Transports were fighting against WildCard with vicious fury.

"Covering fire!" Otto Vox screamed, he had obviously commed a few other Iron Horse and RAIDERS troopers as they all popped out at the same time. Bacardi jumped onto the ground and threw a thermal detonator, Otto Vox began to launch blaster bolts at the All Terrain Recon Transports. Meanwhile Iron Horse Squad troopers boasted EMP Launchers. The Shadow crept up on one All Terrain Recon Transport in the meantime and hit its legs with fire, Bacardi shot craters near its walking path.

"This is Iron Horse Trooper Z- *static*" A EMP detonated right next to an All Terrain Recon Transports legs, it violently fell onto another AT-RT destroying them both in a flare of grenades and blaster bolts. "11 O'clock!" All the troopers turned towards an AT-RT causing havoc, they all fired at will. Troopers on the side of the AT-RT began to fall to the ground in pain, another EMP sounded and it destroyed the AT-RT.
Andar "Cursed" Bacardi

[EW1][SRP][BM]
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1631
September 27, 2008 9:48:04 PM    View the profile of Dante 
The only word Dante could find for the scene was chaotic. Blaster fire flew everywhere, grenades detonated and scattered earth in all directions, and the clanking of walker legs sounded above it all. The Wildcards were putting up a valiant effort against this second wave of hostiles, but the walkers were putting a fairly large vibrowrench in the works. Three of the vehicles were acting as fire support, while the others rampaged through the Wildcard ranks. Two of the single-pilot transports had been neutralised, but the others showed no sign of following their example.

Not a moment too soon, Dante heard the tell-take whir and threw himself to the side. Pain lanced up his ankle as the AT-RT's metal leg caught his ankle, twisting him to the side and sending him down in a flailing heap. Dante's head slammed against his slightly too large helmet, and he felt nothing but agony for a moment as his previously wounded temple smashed against the hard viewscreen. Oblivious, the AT-RT crushed the area where he had been with its massive, almost clawed sensor pads as it stomped on. Shaking his head, Dante forced himself to his feet, shaking his head as he did so.

"That thing is starting to really piss me off..."

Wildcard had pulled back slightly, using the remaining barricades and debris as cover against their numerically superior opponents. Dante began to move just as the nearest walker turned its cannon in his direction. Energy beams hissed into the dirt around him as he ran.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit..."
*HeavyWeapons *
Read the bloody manual!
Cursed
ComNet Novice

Cursed

Post Number:  75
September 27, 2008 9:55:48 PM    View the profile of Cursed 
"Move into defensive positions, I repeat move into defensive positions." The WildCard operator screamed into the com. WildCard retreated back into defensive positions, all of them hiding behind scrap of New Republic and Imperial gizmos. Enough of the men had the piss scared out of them that they were shaking in their own urine, all of the troopers looked on their radars. Nothing. Not a sound.

BAM. A giant shell hit a hiding spot and troopers came out screaming. All the troopers jumped up and raised their weapons. The red, blue, green, and other colors crossed the line of fire. AT-RTs crossed over the field of bodies, all of the men began to attempt to stop this. They all began to fire bolts at the AT-RTs, none of them stopped at this. The pilots of the AT-RTs slowed down to destroy the men's defensive positions. All the men went back into hiding at that peak.

In a second the enemy troops flooded through the AT-RTs, firing. WildCard jumped up and fired as fast as they could, bodies hit the ground in seconds. Screams echoed through the valley, and shots rang more and more violently. The AT-RTs turned at every moment to fire as quickly as possible, they were, well... screwed.
Andar "Cursed" Bacardi

[EW1][SRP][BM]
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1632
September 27, 2008 10:05:05 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante winced as a blaster bolt flew overhead, close enough to blacken the top of his helmet an even deeper shade of grey. The COM channels were filled with queries, orders, and just plain screaming. Things had gone from bad to worse despite the destruction of several AT-RT's, and they'd been forced to pull back.

Dante found himself wondering where things had gone wrong, and why the Saber tank wasn't covering them. The vehcile had evidently depleted its missiles, forcing the driver to turn to the vastly less powerful and accurate blaster cannons. The cannon fire flew everywhere, hitting some of its targets but destroying none of them. The impacted walkers then returned fire with their heavy mortars, and Dante saw the repulsortank shake and begin smoking under the barrage. It moved just in time to avoid the next set, but Dante was once again too busy to notice.

Dozens of Delta troopers streamed into his sights, firing as they came. Dante fired single rounds at first, but soon found himself firing in bursts and then full automatic.

The DC-17 purred as it fired ionized plasma into the group, and three of the enemy fell. More took their place ,however, and Dante was forced to thow a pair of fragmentation grenades. The group charged though the blast zone, leaving five of their number crippled or dead. Dante fired twice, and then they were upon him.
*HeavyWeapons *
Read the bloody manual!
RK
ComNet Member

RK

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  607
Total Posts:  823
September 27, 2008 10:12:54 PM    View the profile of RK 
RK's dewback trotted slower than the rest, which put him behind, instantly, making him the back up; just in case someone came up behind them. Actually it was better that way in RK's mind, then if his dewback decided to go crazy, he would have a better chance of getting it under control before they were noticed.

“Seriously, why don't we just go up to them say 'hi' and then kill them...” Ror asked.

“Well, we could, but then if they have people hiding out like snipers we'd be dead, not to mention that they might have some information that might prove useful.” Kand paused, and turned around to stare at Ror, “And be quiet.”

A slight snicker escaped RK's mouth, which got a dirty look from both Helena and Ror, which prompted him to shut up as well. After all, if they kept talking, being noticed was inevitable, RK knew just what that was like. Okay, now this is getting tedious.

By the time everyone had quieted own, their dewbacks had finished trotting towards the beginning of the bridge, by that time the men they were following were three-fourths of the way across. Running faster and faster, resembling people who had jut looked as if they had seen a ghost, even if they weren't looking back.

“I don't now if they know where here, but that's no excuse to stop, let's keep going, we don't have much time.” with that Kand snapped his reigns and the rest of them followed suit, again going into a slow trot.

However,RK was able to get one last  phrase out before they began their journey again: “When will this madness end?!”
TRP/SGT RK/3SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES 2nd Class] [CoR] [GRP] [BC] [ASH] [AS 1] [AS 2]

"You are still too weak. You don't have enough hate. And you know something?...... you never will." -Itachi Uchiha

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Cursed
ComNet Novice

Cursed

Post Number:  76
September 27, 2008 10:13:54 PM    View the profile of Cursed 
The Saber class tank hovered forward, with covering fire from half of WildCard Platoon the Saber was able to come out of hiding to attack. Bacardi (and the other half of WildCard Platoon) were running alongside the Saber tank, firing uncontrollably. "Particle cannon is a go!" The particle cannon on the Saber tank ripped through enemy lines and hit an AT-RT in the back lines. The AT-RT shuddered for a second and then all the parts ripped off in all directions. WildCard cheered over the com and through their helmets as they scattered into a line formation.

"RAIDERS, open fire on the left, Iron Horse, the right. Saber, take through the middle in their distraction." The troops followed suit and shot at their given locations. The AT-RTs were distracted enough for the Saber (Who was barely surviving this stage of the battle) to rip through another All Terrain Recon Transport. The pilot's body was flung into the air, the body then landed onto the ground next to Bacardi and Vox. "Iron Horse, grenades, RAIDERS, cover them."

RAIDERS shot blindly into the enemy lines, Iron Horse had enough chance to  chuck grenades from their belts into the back enemy lines. Another AT-RT shuddered and fell. The AT-RTs were, well... screwed.
Andar "Cursed" Bacardi

[EW1][SRP][BM]
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1633
September 27, 2008 10:28:36 PM    View the profile of Dante 
He had to admit, the walkers did explode well. The enemy surge had momentarily stopped, giving the Wildcards a chance to take a crack at the walkers. Small arms fire might bounce right off, but charges and continous beams tore the walkers apart like nerfs at the slaughterhouse. Yet another Recon Trasnport fell over with its legs still moving as the Saber-tank tore through it on its path to the front. Someone started a kill count, and both the Horses and the RAIDERS took it up.

"Five bastards down!"

The fallen walker moved slightly, then fell still. The hostile infantry, perceiving the loss of their support, had started to pull back. Running didn't save them from sprays of heavy cannon fire, fire which burned away armour plates and turned living flesh into clouds of ash. The Wildcards gave chase, eager to exact vengence for their near defeat earlier. One of the surviving walkers "ran" forawrds, ignoring the allies it crushed under its pronged feet. It headed straight for the Saber, apparantly intending to take it out with a suicidial charge.

The particle beam impacted the walker's curved front plate, burning a hole straight through the walker until it reached the rows of hand sized power cells. They ignited one by one, popping like a string of military-grade fireworks. The walker was spun around by the explosion, and was still turning when it impacted the ground and vanished in a greasy fireball.

"Another Romero tango bites the dust!" a trooper shouted.

Unable to help himself, Dante whooped in glee as well. At that moment it didn't matter that he had taken a good half dozen hits. It didn't matter that they'd been on the brink of defeat twice. All that mattered was that the enemy was running, and that they could actually win this. He hadn't felt that conviction for a long time, not since his days as a Private fresh out of the Academy, and he enjoyed it, knowing it wouldn't last.
*HeavyWeapons *
Read the bloody manual!
[This message has been edited by Dante (edited September 27, 2008 10:33:02 PM)]
Cursed
ComNet Novice

Cursed

Post Number:  77
September 27, 2008 10:37:03 PM    View the profile of Cursed 
It had taken three seconds, three seconds for two members of Iron Horse to com WildCard that they had taken up positions fifty feet from the battle. Three seconds. The AT-RTs had been getting bashed by WildCard Platoon. Only one was left. "All troops, proceed with the attack. Iron Horse troops are guarding the flank with snipers. WildCard, out." Bacardi jumped from his hiding spot and met face on face with the AT-RT, the troops looked blindly at him and the rest of WildCard. All of them firing blindly. The Saber came out of nowhere. It was a one on one stand between the Saber and the AT-RT.

"Aim for the legs!" Snipes screamed, hitting the ground as he raised his DC-15s pistol towards the troopers. Bacardi raised his T-12 and in a flurry one troop hit the ground, he then turned it towards the AT-RT's legs. They were all 20 feet away from each other. "... shit ..." Snipes muttered as a lucky missile impacted on the Saber, destroying it. "RAIDERS, move! MOVE!" Snipes screamed running towards the AT-RT. WildCard was behind them. Bacardi raised his T-12 at the AT-RT's legs, firing blindly. A few shots scraped the legs. The AT-RT turned and aimed towards Bacardi.

"Ion fired." A voice came through the com, just as the laser barrels turned on the AT-RT, a huge ion blast hit the AT-RT. Rendering it useless. It fell over on the ground, and exploded. Killing the enemy in one move.
Andar "Cursed" Bacardi

[EW1][SRP][BM]
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1634
September 27, 2008 10:52:22 PM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante blinked as the light and heat from the twin explosions washed over him. Then the situation sank in, and he clenched his fists. The Saber tank blazed merrily, its cannon warping and merging with the cockpit in the intense heat of the blaze. Dante scanned the wreckage in vain for survivors, knowing rationally that no sentient could have survived either the initial explosion or the subsequent blaze, but unwilling to abandon two of the troopers who had saved the Wildcard's collective asses without even looking.

Nothing emerged, and he finally turned away from the wreck, suddenly bitterly angry at the enemy, the world , the dikut who had sent them out here with only a single tank and with bad intel. Dante caught himself, and channeled that fury into something constructive. There were bursts of blaster fire from a group of four Delta troopers, and Dante ran towards them. One of their shots hit him directly on the arm, burning away the plastoid and searing the mechanical apparatus underneath, but Dante ignored both the sudden rise in temperature and the simulated pain from the cybernectic limb.

His return shot caught one of the trooper's in the throat, nearly severing his head. Vox and another stormtrooper Dante didn't recognise joined the firefight, and the last three quickly joined their comrade. Nodding to the Sergeant Major with a new respect, Dante searched for another target.
*HeavyWeapons *
Read the bloody manual!
Jori
ComNet Initiate

Jori

[VE-ARMY] Private

Post Number:  110
Total Posts:  304
September 28, 2008 8:21:19 AM    View the profile of Jori 
Jori was steadily shooting foam out at the raging inferno and little by little, the fire was shrinking.

“Kami, we need you over here. We discovered something.” Kami’s comm said after crackling to life.

“Ok. Jester, move to that location.” Kami ordered after hearing the coordinates.

When they arrived, they found a burned husk of what looked to be a fuel tank. It appeared to have been ripped open by something. The fuel that spilled out must have been lit on fire from afar, to avoid the danger of the fuel exploding and killing the arsonist. Jori pondered this while Kami radioed Command about the discovery. Soon after she was done, her comm crackled to life with reports of the fire being miraculously contained to a small patch that was close to the water. Again, Kami radioed Command and reported that the fires have nearly been put out.

“Ok. Now, we’ll send a truck from Wildcard over to put that last bit out while Storm gets to work on boarding that ship. Head to the coast and you should see what I’m talking about. It is firing on us here at the sensor station, so you’ll need to sneak in so they won’t discover you until it’s too late. Good luck.” Command replied.

Kami shut off the comm relayed the orders to the rest of Storm. They all nodded and headed toward the water, to slip into the waves and make their way toward the ship.
Vast Empire Imperial Navy
Leading Crewman Hunter Morrell
FM/LCRW Hunter-Morrell/Kaph 2/Wing 1/mSSD Atrus/1Flt/VEN/VE/
Vast Empire Stormtrooper Corps
Private Jori Lekrif
TRP/PRV Jori Lekrif3SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Vast Empire Engineering Corps
Word Slinger Hunter Morrell
Author/WS Hunter-Morrell/Lotaith/VET/VE
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Veteran

Kanderin Draken

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  1061
September 28, 2008 9:12:05 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
On approaching the bridge, the whole situation changed before anyone even had chance to blink. There was fire everywhere, rising up in huge plumes over broken machinery and smouldering bodies. A few familiar faces from Wildcard were visible a hundred yards forward of their location, chasing after the survivors from the gunfight. The group they were chasing had just appeared down their flank, and suddenly it made sense.

"Wraith, fire at will! We need them all downed now!" Kanderin cried, already jumping off his Dewback and dashing up onto the higher ground. His squad were quick to follow, taking up prone positions to either side of him. Their blasters fired in unison, and four of the Delta troopers went down instantly. The others however reacted quickly, diving for cover. One of Kanderin's rounds managed to take out a kneecap, letting the solider it belonged to almost humoursly trip and slide off the edge into the river.

"Hope he can swim" Kanderin smiled.

The squad accompanying them had been slightly slower to react, apparently falling into Wraith's shadow. They tried to take over positions opposite Wraith, but it was a poor position that left very little opportunity for hits. One man on their squad got a little over zealous, taking the advantage Wraith had gained and running with it. His charge out into the open allowed him to down another Delta member, but mere milliseconds before several more shots flung him to the ground. He screamed out in pain, clutching what little skin remained on his leg.

"Covering fire Wraith!" Kanderin shouted again, allowing time for their change of pace. Their shots that pinged against the girders of the bridge became more frequent and less accurate, They did the job however of forcing the Delta's to hit the deck. Kanderin took his chance and dashed forward to the downed man. He was still screaming when he arrived at him, which was a good sign.

He took one look at Kanderin arriving at his side, and immediately clamped both his hands on to him, desperate for some sort of help. Wraith's leader was forced to pull his hands off of him, before he was able to lift him up onto his shoulders and begin the dash back to Wraiths location. What was happening had already became clear to the enemy, and bolts were pinging off the tarmac far too close to his feet.

He made a full on dive down under the cover of the road, before carefully lowering the man down onto the ground.

"Helena, do what you can to help him. The rest of you guys, on me"
Wraith Squad Leader
~Phantom~
specter1000
ComNet Initiate

specter1000

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  119
September 28, 2008 9:29:49 AM    View the profile of specter1000 
Ror jumped off the back of his dewback and grabbed his rifle and shouldered it as he hit the ground. "Just great," he yelled as the space around him became a warzone.

Ror fired off a couple of bursts and hit someone in the torso and another in the am. Ror fired off a couple of more bursts killing a trio of guys charging directly at him. Ror heard the dreadful click click click of emptiness and ripped out his spent clip and jammed a new one in.

As he finished loading up his clip Ror looked around and saw that the other Wraiths were making the same process of gunning down anything that came up to them, but delta on the other hand was already down 5 men and staying pinned behind cover.

Ror felt a tap on his shoulder and spun around with fists ready to fight when he saw Rk, "Hey Ror look we got to assist the regulars they are already down a third of their men."

Ror nodded and the two of them ran over and dived behind the debris that cluttered the area around the battle field. As they got in a soldier looked over at Ror, "I thought you guys saiid we woudl be using hit and run tactics?"

Ror sighed, "Sometimes what you plan just doesn't work, get over it kid." Ror said as he leaned up and let off a couple of bursts taking down one or two at least. Rkr jumped up and ran over to another group of pinned down soldiers and started assist them in overturning a group of rebels advancing on the flank.

Ror shook his head and focused on his own group and started firing along with the deltas at them. Soon all the men coming at Ror and the men he was with were all dead and the rest of the men in the area were being mopped up, though Ror did see Helena capture three big brutes.
Dante
ComNet Expert

Dante

Post Number:  1636
September 28, 2008 12:49:01 AM    View the profile of Dante 
Dante heard a sickening crunch, and looked to the side to see a Wildcard trooper using his rifle butt to subdue a rather large Trandoshan. The reptilian humanoid was still trying to move despite a pair of stumps where its legs should have been and an arm located at a rather unnatural angle. The Wildcard kicked it back down as it tried to get up for the third time, then briskly brought his rifle down again. The Trandoshan slumped, either knocked out or killed, but still managed to twitch again.

Dante's semi-usable HUD identified the trooper as a Wraith. The mop-up seemed to be winding down, with the surviving Deltas gathered in a sullen circle and sporting stun-cuffs. Two squads were guarding the prisoners , rifles raised and safeties off in case the terrorists tried anything. Most sentients turned docile when blasters were aimed at their heads, but this rabble was unusually fanatical and dedicated, as their earlier attempts at suicide attacks attested to.

The Wraith looked at the unconscious Trando critically, then picked up one scaly arm and began to drag the alien away. Dante jogged up to him.

"What took you Wraiths so long?" he asked, his tone half joking.

"Ran into a spot of trouble on the way." the Corporal grunted. He suddenly let the arm drop, and panted for a moment. "Mind giving me a hand with scaly here instead of just standing there?"

Dante shrugged and grabbed onto one of the lizard's stumps. The two troopers dragged the unconscious Delta over to the prisoner group and let it drop.

Dante was just about to ask the Wraith a question when the mortar shell landed half a dozen meters away.
*HeavyWeapons *
Read the bloody manual!
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > QW II: Reelin' and Rockin'  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 10:12:55 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 174  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >