Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > NPC Story #2 (Iron Horse vs. Jester)

Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   
Author
Topic:  NPC Story #2 (Iron Horse vs. Jester)
Cowboy99
ComNet Novice

Cowboy99

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  39
Total Posts:  630
  RE: NPC Story #2 (Iron Horse vs. Jester)
July 20, 2008 3:11:29 AM    View the profile of Cowboy99 
"Sergeant Kettler?" A voice said from behind, causing him to turn around.

"Flynn, whats the matter?" Kettler quired as he stared at the worn out looking private.

"The lower tunnels... where you found Tavus" Flynn began, gaining confidence as he continued,

"What about them?" kettler replied skeptically

"Well, If one imperial found them... how hard is it going to be for the rest of them to do the same"

Kettler paused realizing that he hadn't considered this possibility, "what did you have in mind?". Kettlers response caught Flynn off guard.

"I was thinking we could trap them.. or seal them" Flynn finished,

"Thats a good idea... you've been down there right?" Kettler asked. Flynn, knowing now that he should of kept his mouth shut, nodded in acknowledgment.

Kettler smiled slightly, "Thats good to hear, No one else save Balno and Shela have been down there... and I need them here"

Flynn cleared his throat, "Yes Sergeant....". Kettler could see that the private wasnt to keen on the idea now,

"It'll be easy... just head down, place a charge and head back.. we'll blow it from up here" he assured Flynn.

-----------

Flynn found himself standing in the spottily lit corridor, regretting that he ever mentioned it. He wished he had mentioned to the Sergeant that he didn't know the first thing about explosives... but Kettler seemed so sure, and he made it sound so easy. Slowly Flynn began to head down the corridor. He had two charges to place, one at the end of the tunnel and another half way in. Reach halfway he placed the first charge on a low pipe, with a sharp beep the charge activated. Flynn let out a relieved sigh,

"One down, one to go..."

After a few minutes of walking Flynn began to feel a cool breeze, the exit was close. He got within a few feet of the stairs before he heard something that stopped him dead in his tracks... footsteps.

Flynn froze, The footsteps grew closer and closer. In a panic he dropped to his knee's and went to pull the charge out, his hands were slick with perspiration. As Flynn lifted the charge out of the bag, a sharp burning pain slammed into his shoulder and knocked him onto his back. With a moan he managed to roll over onto his stomach and began to drag himself down the corridor, the charge still gripped in his left hand. The troopers continued to fire, scoring a hit on the small of his back.

With his remaining strength he rolled back over and retrieved his blaster pistol from its holster. This was it for Flynn, he could feel it... He just hoped that Kettler would blow the charges. Flynn let off a shot from his pistol, only managing to hit the ceiling, before he lost the feeling in his arms. His vision was blurring, he could smell burnt flesh and the only thing he could think of was,

"Why did i open my big mouth".

and with that he let out a sigh and blacked out.
Imperial Network Star Wars Image
Jester Squad
TRN/LCPL Cowboy99/Echelon/STC Academy/Tadath/VEA/VE
Aeos
ComNet Marshal

Aeos

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Krath Adept
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  2019
Total Posts:  3141
July 20, 2008 5:14:17 PM    View the profile of Aeos 
Things were not well for Paul Kettler. This was the end of the line for him and he knew it. Queitly the Sabre troopers held their ground in the oval room lit up by the soft glow camera screens and light-sensitive buttons. The majority of the cameras has been blacked out, there were hundreds of them and Kettler was not able to do anything currently except watch as a steady row of cameras blacked out, marking Draconis’ deadly approach. His fingers played with the detonator in his hand, waiting for Flynn’s signal. Grabbing his E-11, Paul closed his eyes tiredly.

He hugged the carbine to his body for a moment and heaved a sigh.  A few short minutes ago he had sent out Flynn. He hoped the Private would be able to handle his briefing correctly. He felt a nudge at his left shoulder. It was Shela. She was grinning at him grimly and playfully nudged again. Barely hiding his own soft flicker of a smile Kettler relaxed and dropped his head back.

“Everything will be fine chief, don’t you worry,”

“Thanks Shell, but I’d rather not try and be too optimistic, that might just kill us.” He muttered grimly.
Just then;

“Sir!”
It was the scarred zabrakian double agent who’s alert caught their attention. He pointed to one of the camera screens. Imperials was hurrying across the small screen, while one of them stood across the body of what previously belonged to Private Flynn.

“Damn it!” Kettler grunted  as his fist slammed into the dashboard.

“No, chief, look”
Something about Shela’s tone sent a shiver down Kettler’s spine while his eyes quickly diverted back to the screen. He briefly managed to identify a prisoner being hurried along across the small hall, the logo on the back of his overall standing out rather largely.  He briefly saw some face flashing across the screen and suddenly it blacked out as well.

“We still need to blow it, come on grab the charge,” Tavus urged. Kettler shook his head.

“No, no use. We had to do it simultaneously, the boy obviously didn’t know, damn it,”  Paul ignored the clench in his gut. He was used at it by now. This is how it went when he lose a trooper, and always it was his fault.

“Shit, guys, please keep the room secure, I need to go down there myself, Shela walk with me to the door,” 

His mind was spinning into disarray. The panic that rocked at his current system were quickly replace by objective thinking.
“Shela, get Dane back here, and inform him, he’s in charge now,  this building was supposed to be evacuated. Make sure there is no civilians left. I need to cut their map out.”  He whispered. He felt her fingers curling around his arm as she processed his words.

“Paul, don’t be stupid, we need you here, “

“Stand down, this is my decision,” Kettler replied with a slightly more determined voice. Shela bit down her lip and relaxed her grip on Kettler’s arm. Her other fist curled into a tight ball however.  This man’s loyalty and perseverance has always been legendary, and there was something about his determined confidence that inspired his troopers. They and the NR was his number one priority.

“Shell, I’m going, now keep the ground, and order Dane back, take care,”

Paul Kettler stared with shocked eyes at the seething face of Amira Darkstar.

“Mi…” he softly whispered while wincing at the pain pulsing from his ribs. He laid on the ground, beaten to a pulp already. Next to him lied the body of the technician. Unfortunately he couldn’t afford Darconis the luxury of a talking map. This is why he had to come down here. He was so careful about the halls, knowing it like the back of his hand. He only had to one target, and that was the technician.  It was no walk in the park taking aim, but he managed. In a flurry of events however, the team managed to capture him alive as soon as they recognized his rank insignias and position emblem. Somewhere he blacked out, and woke up staring into the face of his old time childhood friend Amira Darkstar. Paul Kettler failed to recognize his surroundings, and he assumed that the groups must have regrouped again in order to discuss him and approach new tactics.

“Secure the prisoner, no one kills him unless it’s on my orders, understood,” Darkstar sharply ordered. Her eyes betrayed no recognition as she met his gaze for a second.

Dane stifled another curse while he hurried down the corridor heading back to the control room. Paul Kettler has been captured. He managed to hear a few last words of curses and then Kettler’s com-link went out. Inside Dane was scared. Not for his own life, but for the life of his squad-leader. The man was a lion and that was the problem. He’d never kneel to torture. And this is exactly what Darconis would do.

This squad. This imperial pack of dogs, they were good. There was no denying it and Dane knew it would be only a matter of time.  Dane clenched his shaking fists, willing them to operate calmly. His eyes skimmed the faintly lit halls from one corner to the other while his two troopers trudged behind him, keeping a look-out at the back.

Suddenly, his eyes caught hold of the shafts above him. Of course! It might be a little cramped, but this was perhaps the safest way of traveling and sneaking up on the bastards.

“Shela…you there? No…I don’t know….but I have plan,”
PC/FS_Aeos/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][ES2C][CoR][CoS][SC][EW:1][RCoD]
*First Sergeant*
CPO_Aeos/(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)
TRN/ADT_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE[/font]
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited July 20, 2008 5:16:48 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Aeos (edited July 20, 2008 5:42:07 PM)]
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1290
Total Posts:  1884
July 20, 2008 8:43:55 PM    View the profile of Kami 
Shela paced the breadth of the control room, her movements watched by the remnants of Sabre from where they were crouched or standing in readiness, their rifles at their shoulders.

They'd lost Kettler. The unthinkable had happened. They'd lost the lifeblood of the squad.

Abruptly realizing that her distracted demeanor was simply wearing on the already frayed nerves of her squad, Shela stopped mid stride, sucking in a deep breath as she did so. She was about to address her squadmates when her comn crackled to life,

“Shela, you there?”

She virtually jumped at the sound of Dane's voice, “Dane! Have you heard from Kettler, is he still alive?”

“No...I don't know,” Came Dane's distracted response, “But I have a plan.”

Shela's face twisted into a wry smile, “Anything would be great right now. What do you have in mind?”

“The shafts,” Dane replied, “I want to hit them from the shafts.”

“We have orders to hold Dane,” Shela walked a few steps away from the others, dropping the level of her voice as she did so, “Kettler wanted us to hold.”

“Balno and Felp are already with me,” Dane was persistent, “Give me two others. Whoever you decide. You can hold that room with three, especially if you stay.”

“Damnit Dane,” Shela closed her eyes briefly, her mind spinning. So much had already gone wrong, and now Valin wanted to charge off. She understood why, gods, she would give anything to storm out the door and take the fight to the Imps. Especially if there was a chance of saving Kettler. But there was more than their lives at stake here. There was the mission.

“Shela, please,” There was a hint of a plea in Valin's voice, “I know this isn't exactly what Kettler wanted, but we have to do something.”

“Alright,” Shela attempted to ignore the heaviness that settled in her stomach as she said the words, “I'll send Jast and Welkson.”

“Will keep you updated,” Dane answered, before the comn fell silent. Unclenching her jaw, Shela turned back to Sabre, “Jast! Welkson!”

The two soldiers straightened, already aware of what was coming. Shela  signaled for Kresh to open the doors from the inside, “Meet up with Dane. We'll see you again shortly.”

Both men nodded, doubt clear on their faces before moving past Shela and into the hallway beyond, the door clamping shut again in their wake.

“And then there were three,” Finnis murmured from where he was standing at the rear of the room. Kresh shifted his weight uncomfortably near the door, his gaze on the monitors,

“They're moving again.”

Shela simply nodded, “Don't suppose you boys have a smoke?”
First Sergeant Kami
Jester Squad

FSKami/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC][BM][CDS][EW][ES]
|| DJK Dark Jedi Order || Krath || Vast Empire ||
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited July 20, 2008 9:03:58 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited July 20, 2008 9:05:14 PM)]
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1297
July 23, 2008 9:21:00 PM    View the profile of Kami 
Felp ran a calloused hand over the worn exterior of his rifle, something akin to infatuation swimming in his gaze as he looked over its solid, chunky lines. He really loved this rifle. It had saved his rear dozens of times, and taken the lives of hundreds of his enemies.

“I worry about you sometimes Felp,” Balno shifted on his haunches from where he was crouched a few meters away, a wry expression on his lean face.

“I worry about you sometimes sir,” Felp corrected, snapping out of his daze.

Balno frowned, dropping his gaze from the Lance Corporal's to the dust laden floor of the storage room in which the three members of Sabre were currently secreted. Dane was frozen solidly in place in position by the door, one eye close to a crack in the frame to monitor the activity in the hallway beyond.

Felp was about to go back to admiring his weaponry when Dane abruptly stood. Forcing his stiff limbs to co-operate, Felp came to his feet, loading his rifle as he did so.

“Jast and Welkson are here,” Dane noted absently, unaware that Balno and Felp had already gathered as much and were ready to move. He turned, jumping slightly as he almost collided with Felp's armored bulk. Shaking his head as though to snap himself clear of a daydream, Dane opened the storage room door, “Alright, we're ready.”

Jast and Welkson didn't say anything as their comrades approached, simply slotting into their ranks as they moved past. Dane took the lead, navigating the shadowed corridor until they crossed paths with the small ventilation shaft that had first caught his eye. He paused, shouldering his rifle, then gestured for Felp to give him a boost. The big man complied, jamning his ASL up into the tiny shaft.

Ignoring Valin's cursing, Felp turned to Jast, who was next in line and grinned, “Step right up.”

“They're here.”

It was more of a croak than a complete sentence that emerged from Kresh's throat as he announced the arrival of the Imperials. Shela dropped the cigarra she was smoking courtesy of Finnis, storming over the other side of the control room to view the monitors. They were there all right. A full strength squad, making their way cautiously up towards their position.

Swallowing the lump in her throat, Shela signaled to Finnis, who typed in the necessary sequence to finally seal the doors. A clanging sounded as locks clamped into place, effectively sealing the three Sabre members inside. They had been hoping that Dane and the others would be able to rejoin them. Now there was no way for them to help, other than striking the Imps from the rear.

Shela closed her eyes briefly, already aware that the monitors before her and Kresh would be going dark as the Imperials cut video feed to the control room. Whispering a quiet prayer for the safety of Dane and the others outside the room, she reopened her eyes and waited for death.
First Sergeant Kami
Jester Squad

FSKami/3SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/Tadath[LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC][BM][CDS][EW][ES]
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-
[This message has been edited by Kami (edited July 23, 2008 9:25:51 PM)]
X-Ray
ComNet Initiate

X-Ray

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  100
Total Posts:  112
July 26, 2008 10:06:39 PM    View the profile of X-Ray 
Darkstar couldn’t believe her luck.  This entire mission, aside from Tavus’ treachery, had gone rather well.  Casualties were high, but then again, not as high as the New Republic pukes.  Now she was staring into the face of Paul Kettler.  Paul had been like a brother to her growing up, and it had hurt her something fierce when he’d joined up with the Rebs.  Now here he was: strung up like a holiday bird and waiting to be roasted by the very troopers she’d given the ‘Tactics Free’ order to.  Suddenly Amira felt tired, very, very tired.

“Alright, everybody stand down.”

The rest of the squad cocked their heads in the universal Stormie expression of ‘What the Hell’.  They had the Rebs Squad Leader in their clutches, and could finish him off without even breaking a sweat.

“I said, stand down,” her voice colder and more biting than before.

Darconis dropped their weapons to their sides and stood uneasily.  They’d rarely seen the Sergeant show mercy, and it was confusing to them.

“Aether, front and center.”

“Yes, ma’am, “the question hung in mid-air?

“Can you rig something up for me?”

“Tell me what it is and I can try,” she countered with a slight tinge of pride in her voice.

Darkstar took her off to the side, out of earshot of the rest of the group.  They conversed a bit, facing away, so that even the lip readers couldn’t tell their plans.  Aether nodded and moved to get her tech pack.  Darkstar gathered them to her.

“In a few moments Aether is going to need to access the biometrics panel on your armor.  Let her do what she needs to do, and don’t question it.  Understood?”

A chorus of ‘Yes ma’ams’ rose out of the squad.  Amira nodded and moved off to a secluded portion of the hall.  True to her word Aether hit every trooper’s bio panel over the next hour.  She didn’t stay long and never answered their questions.  Eventually, she finished and moved over to the still unconscious prisoner.  She strapped a pack to his chest and fiddled with some coding.  As she finished, Amira joined her.

“All set?”

Aether nodded as she tapped a few last digits, and flicked a switch, “It’s armed and coded.  They can’t remote hack it and it’s been set for tamper detonation.”

“Good, Darconis, on your feet, we’re moving out.  Clast, Kayee get that Reb on his feet.”

The two troopers hauled Kettler up.  He was still unconscious and as responsive as a sack of banthas. 

“Anyone got a med pack?”

Aether handed hers to Darkstar who promptly found the stim syringe and jammed it into Kettler’s neck.  Within seconds the Sergeant was gasping himself awake looking like eight klicks of bad road.

“Nice of you to rejoin us Reb.  You have a little job to do for us.”

Kettler looked wild eyed at the faceless Stormtrooper and spat on the armored faceplate, “Go to hell Imp.”

Amira wiped the spittle from her helm and popped it off.  The light went out of Paul’s eyes when he recognized her, “If I’m going to hell Paul, you’re joining me.”

She turned him and shoved him roughly down the hall.  Aether moved to take out the surveillance cams as they went.

Darkstar barked at her, “Leave ‘em.  I want them to know we’re coming.”

Aether ceased her work, but grew more fearful than before.  The boss normally didn’t take chances like this…what was she up to?

Darconis moved to within a few hundred meters of the Control Room door.

Darkstar knew it’d be barricaded and probably booby trapped.  They didn’t have a way out, and they were more than likely saying their last good byes, and praying to what ever deity they believed in.  None of that mattered to her.  She was a soldier, and her job was to take this station in working order.  Her only desire was to finish that mission and to give Tavus the justice he so richly deserved.  She turned to Aether and had her open a comm channel to the Control Room.

“Rebs.  We’re here to talk.  We’ve got your Squad leader and we’ve got you pinned down.  You’re down to six or seven troopers, and we’ve just been reinforced.  We have two demands:  Give us the traitor, and surrender.  No more, no less.  Do this and you’ll live.  Try and call my bluff and you’ll all die. We’ll give you fifteen minutes to decide.  Oh, and in case you try anything heroic know this.  That little pack you see on your Sergeant’s chest is a thermal detonator.  It’s been hard wired to a dead man’s switch on all of my troopers.  If one of them dies, he dies…then YOU die.  The clock is running, you have thirteen minutes.”

She killed the comm, pushed Kettler forward and moved the squad back out of range.  Now they waited to see exactly how compassionate these Rebs were.
SL/SGT Xander "XRay"Raibaux/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

Quantum Vires , Quantum Vox-The Greater the Might, The Greater the Right

You must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing. - Andrew Jackson
War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over. - William Tecumseh Sherman
I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. -General George S. Patton Jr
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-ARMY] First Sergeant

Post Number:  1304
July 27, 2008 9:30:26 PM    View the profile of Kami 
Shela couldn't believe her foul luck. She sat, her eyes glued to the monitor, her heart pounding madly in her chest as the squad leader of the Imperial squad brutally forced a battered looking Kettler to the fore of the group. She listened to the woman's demands with half an ear, horribly distracted by the way one of the Stormtrooper's rifles pushed into the vulnerable soft skin of Paul's neck.

“If one of them dies, he dies...then you die,” The woman commander was saying, “The clock is running. You have thirteen minutes.”

Silence reigned in the control room as the three trapped Republic soldiers exchanged glances. Finnis, gruff as always, was the first to talk,

“We can't surrender.” He said slowly, his gaze steady, “Not now.”

Kresh, despite the fact that he had gone a deathly shade of white, nodded in agreement, “The Sarge would probably shoot us himself if we walked out there.”

Despite the grimness of their current situation, Shela laughed, the rich sound quickly swallowed up by the shadows of the room, “Too true Kresh.” Her smile faded as she reached for her comn, “Dane, you copy?”

Static was her only answer. Turning, Shela violently cast the unit at the nearest wall, shattering it into a dozen pieces upon impact. Breathing heavily, she steadied herself once again, gaining a semblance of control over the raging fear churning within her chest.

“Two minutes,” Kresh murmured, his face contorting as  a member of the Imperial squad stood forward, laser cutter in hand.

The heavy control room door groaned, apruptly under assault by the powerful tool.

“They'll use gas,” Shela noted, her voice sounding strange to her ears, “Can't risk a grenade with all the electrical equipment.” She felt detached, set aside from her body, only partly aware that Kresh and Finnis had taken their places at her side with their rifles held to the ready. The center of the door began to glow a fiery red as the last of the metal barriers were burnt away.

“”T'was an honor serving with you both,” That was Finnis again, the older trooper looking unusually red rimmed about his eyes.

The door caved inwards, crumpling away like paper. Two small cannisters followed in the wake of the smoke, clinking to a halt at the trio's feet. Shela heard someone yell something, an intelligible sequence of curses and oaths directed at the Imperial squad, unaware that the words had burst free of her own mouth. The first series of laser bolts tracked up Kresh, burning deep into private's upper chest.

Finnis and Shela opened fire, blinded by the smoke of the laser cutter, their lungs filling with the acrid chemicals of the deployed gas. Her finger locked around the trigger, her eyes streaming tears as she blindly fired before her, unaware if she was even pointing in the right direction.

Shela heard Finnis go down, felt the warm weight of him collapse against her leg. She stumbled, the rifle sliding from her grip, only to feel her body lift as she was struck heavily in her stomach. Dazed, Shela attempted to steady herself, only to realize that her legs had stopped working. She hit the floor of the control room, her face smashing unmercifully into its hard surface. Pain enveloped her, chasing the remnants of sane thought from her mind.

She didn't notice the Imperial squad enter the control room, and didn't feel the Stormtrooper boot as it roughly turned her body about to face the ceiling. Shela Bagor, renowned amongst her comrades for her infectious laugh and jovial demeanor, was already dead.

“We've lost comn signal.”

Dane looked over at Felp, who was uncomfortably pinned behind in the small shaft behind him, “What? How?”

Felp offered a shrug in response, “Might be these damn shafts, tough enough to even breathe in here.”

“Where bouts are we Dane?” Jast's voice sounded to the rear of the small group, his query prompted by his discomfort.

“We've circled around behind them,” Dane responded, speaking up so as the rest of the squad could hear, “They've already traveled this way, so they'll expect it to be clear.”

Ignoring the bite of his rifle as the shaft jamned it into his left shoulder, Dane ducked his head and continued forward towards the circle of light in the distance before him. He was worried for Shela in the the others, terrified in fact. There was the chance that the Imps had already hit the control room without them even knowing.

“I'm sure they're all right boss,” Felp grunted at his back, picking up on the train of his thoughts, “They'll hold till we get back. Or long enough for us to hit them from behind.”

Dane forced himself to nod and respond, “I know they will. Shela will keep them in line.” He paused as they grew nearer to the light, then spoke up again, “At ready. We're coming up on the hallway.”

Sabre did as told, a series of clicks announcing the locking of rifles. Dane slowed his stride, carefully inching towards the opening. The shaft narrowed, forcing him to duck into a crawl as he covered the last few meters.

“Um, Dane?”

He froze at the sound of Felp's voice, one hand wrapped around the edge of the shaft, ready to launch himself clear of the confining space. He turned his head, drawn by the sudden fear in the large Corporal's voice, only to realize what his teammate had spotted too late.

The tiny trip mine placed near the entrance of the shaft let out a cute little beep, as though pleased with itself for so successfully completing the task for which it had been made. Dane's mouth fell open, the warning shout failing to make it past his lips as the shaft exploded in flame, tunneling the force back in the direction Sabre had come.

The remnants of Sabre squad disappeared in an instant, their bodies swallowed in smoke and flame.

The facility rocked, its floor heaving. And then...all was still.
First Sergeant Kami
Jester Squad

X-Ray
ComNet Initiate

X-Ray

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  102
Total Posts:  112
July 27, 2008 10:46:08 PM    View the profile of X-Ray 
The gas took longer than expected to clear.  Amira scanned the room through enhanced eyes.  She saw the bodies of the dead Republic troopers.  She felt no remorse.  Remorse was not part of her job description.  If she felt anything, she felt pity.  The kind of pity you feel for the terminally stupid.

All they had to do was surrender and they’d still be breathing

Well, it wasn’t her problem or theirs for that matter.  The gas had worked perfectly.  Their nervous systems shut down in mere seconds after their first full breath of the stuff.  Every shot they got off had gone wild, and not one Darconis trooper had been hit. 

Consequently, Kettler had lived.  The explosion that followed the control room penetration confirmed he was the only survivor of Sabre Squad.  The recon reported back that the trip mines had taken out the remaining Rebs.  Not that there were any real large chunks left to say for certain, but the ten meter hole in the ceiling and the hamburger strewn about pretty well said it all. 

Darkstar checked her atmospheric readings and saw the gas had dissipated.  She skinned of her helmet and surveyed the scene.  The power station’s controls were on and running smoothly.  The Rebs were dead, and the mission was over.  Well, almost…

“Find Tavus.” She growled.

Only the joy of slowly filleting the Zabrak would give this day meaning.  The thought of his worthless, honor less life ebbing away under her blade caused a wry smile to form on Amira’s lips.  She turned to the clatter of boots and scraping half-steps.  Expecting to see the traitor, she was disappointed to see Kettler instead.  She stooped to the half dead Sergeant.

“You see Paul; I’m not a complete monster.  You’re still alive.”

She waived him off as the troopers threw him, bound, into one of the control room’s corners.  Darkstar motioned for her Comm Tech.  Within seconds she had an open channel to Santiago.

“Darconis to Home, Darconis to Home, come in Home.”

“Home here, Situation report Darconis,” came the Sergeant Major’s voice.

“The Baby’s in the Buggy, Home.”

Santiago’s voice ticked up an octave, “Roger that, Darconis. Give it a bottle, the movie ran late.”

Darkstar heard the code for secure and hold till reinforcements arrive.  She also heard the Sergeant Major say that the other squads were still engaged.  This day might not go their way after all.  That did not put her in a happy place.

The next bit of news burned that happy place to the ground and salted the earth.  Aether gingerly moved up and reported the discovery of Tavus, or rather his body.  While finishing the sweep of the control room they’d found him slumped by the rear door.  His bloody fingers attempting to claw his way out of the gas filled room.  His death had been painful, but not nearly as painful as he deserved.

“Damn,’ she hissed, “Show me his body.”

Aether guided her through the maze of control panels and computer stacks to the Zabrak’s corpse.  Darkstar kicked it once and spat in its lifeless eyes.  She turned to leave, but hesitated.  Raising her rifle she emptied the remaining clip into the meat doll, till it was a charred, smoldering husk. 

“Clean up this trash, “the words dripped from her lips like an acid storm on Bast.

She marched back to the main control panel and felt a stir of satisfaction as her team moved to take full control of the station.  No main relays or ops were damaged in the assault, and the bulk of Darconis was now moving to secure the perimeter and preparing to defend against possible counter attack.

She would be prepared for them, and they wouldn’t retake.  She’d seen the best the Rebs had, and cut them down like fall grains.  She moved over to Kettler and looked him over.  He’d live, although knowing him like she did he’d loathe everyday he drew breath knowing he’d survived where his men hadn’t. 

Amira reached out and held his face in her hand.  It had been too long since last they seen each other.  Too much had happened between them to ever go back to the way it was.  She reached down and turned off the thermal detonator, not that it mattered.  The firing pin was in her utility belt.  It wouldn’t have gone off even if they’d wanted it to.  Some things even a monster couldn’t do.
SL/SGT Xander "XRay"Raibaux/1SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE

Quantum Vires , Quantum Vox-The Greater the Might, The Greater the Right

You must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing. - Andrew Jackson
War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over. - William Tecumseh Sherman
I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. -General George S. Patton Jr
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > NPC Story #2 (Iron Horse vs. Jester)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 5:22:08 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 200  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >