Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Monkey Warfare (Eclipse Squad)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Monkey Warfare (Eclipse Squad)
Jersh
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  87
Total Posts:  129
  RE: Monkey Warfare (Eclipse Squad)
September 26, 2007 12:12:51 AM    View the profile of Jersh 
Jersh felt a presence at his back and he turned his eyes to see Alira once again. She was coming at him with a knife... just like the last time. He roared in rage and he felt the hatred so acutely that it blinded him. He spun and felt his forearm slam into her throat with the force of all the pain and nightmares she had caused him. Of the life that she had ruined by betraying him. That she was to blame for all of his problems. If she had not died, then maybe things would have turned out differently for him.

“You wont defeat me Jersh... You are far too weak, little boy” He heard her cursed voice seeping through his thoughts. If she had died, and stayed dead all of this could have been avoided.

‘If she had died’ Jersh repeated silently to himself. That is right... Alira was dead but then who... Jersh felt his heart twist in agony as the hardened shell around it began to crack. He heard a voice then, almost as if it were a time delay. He had been blocking out her voice... “I am with the one I love..” She had said, before Jersh’s attack had caught her across the throat. She was thrown across the room against the equipment, her own knife pierced her leg as it was shaken free from the impact. Saphira had begin to bleed from the mouth from the sheer force he had hit her with. It did not even cross Jersh’s mind how he had been able to summon such strength under the conditions.... anger was a powerful tool indeed.

Saphira’s eyes widened in shock and surprise at his uncharacteristic flash of violence and lack of restraint. Her mouth formed the words, ‘Why Jersh?’ the blood was fresh upon her lips. Jersh fell to his knees be her side, his hands were shaking uncontrollably. The vision of his past longer clouded his vision but now he say his love..... for no matter how much she had hurt him with her betrayal he still loved her, laying injured before him. And it was his hand that had struck the blow that dealt such damage. He felt the tears streaking down his cheeks and he took her into his arms. He almost expected her to push him again, but perhaps her arms did not yet have the strength.

“Im ..sorry” He said as sobs racked his body, causing his shoulders to bob. He could never once remember crying in all of his child hood, but he could not stop the tears from coming now. “Alira...it was.. She....” Jersh could not even get a coherent sentence out for all the effort he put into trying. Even in death Alira still manipulated him, had turned him once more into the demon that had ruled the Arena in the Smugglers Run. The words that he once thought before came to him...

‘How could she ever care for a monster like me’?
[This message has been edited by Jersh (edited September 26, 2007 12:16:20 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jersh (edited September 26, 2007 12:17:03 AM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  917
Total Posts:  2382
September 26, 2007 1:21:26 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
There was a loud clamor from one of the tents of stuff falling over.  Riq turned his head towards the general direction and heaved at a sigh when he realized it came to the tent that Jersh was supposedly resting in.  The man must have tried moving about and the pain caused him to lean or fall into one of the equipment stacks that they unloaded from the speeders.

Rolling his eyes as he entered the tent, he quickly widen them at the sight, mouth hanging slightly open.  Jersh was having a sobbing fit while Saphira clutched a vibroblade imbedded into her upper right thigh.  Indeed many of the supplies had been pushed over from Saph colliding into them, but Riq was to focused on the two troopers to notice that.  Blinking to make sure the scene was actually before his eyes, Riq quickly moved towards Saph, who was obviously in more critical condition.

Setting her down while Jersh simply stared, Riqimo quickly began to diagnose the wound.  It was fairly deep, but luckily missed any major arteries or veins.  Grabbing his medkit that was sitting nearby from tending to Jersh earlier, the medic injected a painkiller and began to carefully remove the armor plates around the wound.  Except for the occasional sob of Jersh and Saph grinding her teeth, there was no sound within the tent.  Unable to get one of the plates off, Riq used a scalpel to cut the strap to be repaired later and now had her entire right thigh bare of armor.  Taking a small pair of scissors, he proceeded to cut the body glove suit around the wound, revealing her scarlet flesh that was becoming sticky with the blood flowing freely from the wound.  Applying a pressure point he used his free hand to grab some bandages and then wrap them tightly around her leg above the wound, almost where her leg met her torso.

By now the blood was beginning to clot on the wound and Riqimo gripped the vibroblade.  He knew that it was bad practice to just pull the blade out, but he didn't have the necessary tools for a full surgery procedure.  Whispering a slight warning to Saph to loosen her thigh muscles, he quickly jerked the blade out and pressed a gauze pad infused with bacta over the wound.  "It'll be fine Saph, hang in there," Riq rubbed her lekku, a calming trick that he learned from Namyr.  When her eyes were half closed and her breathing became slightly more regular, Riq raised the pad to see the blood had stopped flowing thanks to the bacta.  Shifting through his medic bag, he pulled out a small vial of liquid bacta.  Pulling it up a needle, he then proceed to give Saph a shot right next to her wound with the blue fluid.  Her muscle would be mended by morning, thanks to the miracle micro-organisms that had saved billions, if not trillions of lives galaxy wide.

While bandaging the wound, Riq looked back and forth from Jersh to Saph, "What the hell happened?"
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

SL/SFC Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[CotE][CDS][EW1][ES2][BC]

Author/SCP Riqimo/Lotaith/VET/VE
Blackout
ComNet Novice

Blackout

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  31
Total Posts:  199
September 26, 2007 4:26:36 AM    View the profile of Blackout 
Blackout had just turned his head for a second and already Jersh and saph were fighting. Now they fight during mission? Why was a matter that he couldn't figure out, he would have rushed in there but doc had just come passed him before he could.

After the last spar he had with Jersh he didn't want to mess with him, even if he was wounded, but something about that fight was... different. It wasn't just playful fighting, it wasn't traning, it was... different. what... Oh god. That's when blackout remembered the past events. Probably if he would have been paying attention he would understand what was going on, but he had a hunch.

He walked inside the facility, he figured there reunion would be a lot cheerier than this. However, Blackout knew what he had done.

“What the Hell happened?” Doc asked. He was bandaging up Saph. Something started to boil inside him. He didn't know why, but something was starting to surface.

Tyro looked over at Jersh and realized what was surfacing. Jersh had hurt Saph, now Black wanted revenge. No explanation needed, besides blackout could probably hurt Jersh even more now that he was in the state he was.

“I would like to know the same thing.” Blackout said. Trying to keep his anger down

“You should know, Blackout” Jersh said. His final few words didn't make his hanger any better.

“Say what?” Blackout said.

“I said you should know.” Jersh countered, he wasn't making it any better.

“So what if I do?! Didn't Give you a right to do what you did...!!” He was starting to lose it and doc noticed. He would have to stay calm, or they all might be in trouble. Which at this moment in time, wasn't what Blackout or any of them needed.

“Just drop it, Lance.” Jersh said, turning his head.

“You...” he didn't want to pursue that matter further, it was already bad enough. Great chalk another enemy up on my list. Not to mention he's on the squad Maybe though he'll get over it. at least Black still had hope in the matter.

“Alright I will find out what happened later, and I want a full report if I don't find out before we leave this planet. Blackout why don't you and Saph go cool your jets, obviously something happened between the three of you that you aren't sharing. I am sure it would make a lovely camp fire story, that is if you don't want people to hear it.” Doc said, meaning every word of it. He had just finished bandaging up Saph's wounds. Blackout looked at Saph's leg and it didn't look bad, but it probably stung more than it hurt, which could also be say for her emotions.

“Yes, Sir.” Blackout muttered walking out,Saph followed. He had to help her a bit because of her leg, but he knew eventually that she would be fine. I never thought this was going to be the longest, physically and mentally, mission of my life.
TRP/LCPL Blackout/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA

[This message has been edited by Blackout (edited September 26, 2007 4:41:45 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Blackout (edited September 26, 2007 4:48:36 AM)]
Jersh
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  88
September 26, 2007 6:19:10 AM    View the profile of Jersh 
Jersh could not help but feel a slight sense of abandonment as Saphira left with Blackout, but he knew that this was probably for the best. It was far better for her to be near someone in a more stable condition. With a sigh he controlled his breathing and the tears had long since stopped flowing from his eyes. He was upsetting the delicate balance of this mission, he knew this all too well. He felt as if his actions recently had not been his own, as if they had been controlled by another consciousness. Everything that had happened in the tent, and especially his argument with Blackout, was something Jersh would never have normally done.

Doc continued to give him his stare to question what had happened in the tent. With Saphira gone, he was the only other one involved he was expecting Jersh to explain what in the hell had happened. He managed to get to his feet and walk over to his resting place before he sat down heavily. Doc moved to sit down next to him and he let our a sigh that mirrored Jersh’s own. Apparently he had some relative idea of what was happening to Jersh. This amazed him since he did not even quite understand it himself.

“So are you going to tell me what happened?” Doc asked finally after several minutes of silence had passed between the two. It was awkward, Jersh knew, but Doc was trying to help in his own way.

“I was not myself” Jersh said, trying to explain it as best he could. It was not so simple to explain that he had another part of himself that was little less than demonic. That he had once been a soulless killing machine that had survived by killing day after day, night after night. That this betrayal had pushed him over the edge and made him revert back into his old persona against his will. He was the villain of the story yet again, it made Saphira’s betrayal look petty in comparison to what he had done. Jersh stood with a muffled groan issued from between gritted teeth and he slipped on his shadow suit gingerly.

“Where are you off to?” Doc asked quietly. His tone did not demand that he stayed, only that he knew where Jersh was going to be incase something happened. He nodded his thanks to Doc, at least he seemed to understand the situation he was going through right now. Jersh picked up his vibroblades and attached them to the sides of his suit.

“My muscles with cramp up if I don’t stretch them. I am going to inspect the ruins a little further” With that, he grabbed a light and wandered out the back of the tent. He had to be alone right now, to sort through his thoughts on what had just happened. Saphira had left with Blackout, that had been her choice. Jersh knew just where her feelings lay from that course of action. He had needed her back in that tent..... he knew that now....... but she had left..’To be with the one she loved’ just as Jersh had said. With these depressing thoughts in his mind, he entered into the darkness of the ruins....’A fitting tomb’ he thought to himself.
Isadora Honoratus
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  31
Total Posts:  45
September 26, 2007 12:26:16 AM    View the profile of Isadora Honoratus 
A high gravity homeworld makes missions to unknown planets easier, atleast in theory.  However, high gravity only prepares you for high grav worlds, not moons where the gravity is so low you could jump almost twice your own height.  What it doesn't prepare you for is a jungle, and that's what Isadora found out fast in the wilderness.

She was literally up to her chest in water, mud up to her knees, as she held her rifle over her head and proceeded to move slowly through the muck.  Thank God she'd been wearing her body glove and armor.  A quick spray with water would clean most of it off, and the circulating tubes throughout the suit helped keep her cool in the high heat.

She'd fallen off her speeder bike on the way back to base, courtesy of a low level branch that had rotted and fallen as she was moving underneith.  The deadman switch in the speeder had turned it off, but it had wandered almost half a klick without her, and in the dark it was impossible to find anything with all the background thermals.

So she'd been searching for a while when something slithered by her leg.  That has the effect of getting your attention rather quickly.  She lurched out of the water, grabbing a low branch and hauling herself up... before it broke and sent her tumbling back into the water.

Panic almost set in, but she regained control... till something wrapped around her throat under the water.  She struggled, fighting whatever it was, and trying to get to the surface for a breath of air.  The thing had her securely, but she managed to grab her vibroknife and slash at it.  A low gurgling growl was heard, before whatever it was disappeared.

She got to the surface, gasping for air as the muddy water ran down her face.  It stole her helmet!  She could barely see a damned thing, but she lifted the small gauntlet on her arm and checked the compass.  She'd have to find the speeder later, and she set off for the camp.

She arrived a few hours later, soaking wet and tired.  She was going to suggest to the Imperial Navy they just start bombing this wretched swamp and glass it.  To hell with the locals, she hated jungles.

She stopped by and told Riq what happened, then hosed her armor off and grabbed some clothes to sleep in.  She'd catch some sleep and then hook up with the rest of Beta team and continue on.
TRP/LCP Honoratus/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadeth/VEA/VE

"Murphy's Law states that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.  That's why I expect you to get it right the first time, because in war, things that go wrong tend to go dead." -Academy Instructor.
Saphira Striker
ComNet Novice

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  87
Total Posts:  1385
September 26, 2007 2:20:27 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Blackout had taken her to the other side of camp. Things had gone from bad to worse as he helped Saphira lean against another tree trunk. He couldn't but stare at for a moment. Saphira on the other hand was still in shock. Her blank stare was enough to give that assumption.

What the hell was I thinking? She thought to herself. The pain was mostly gone, but she knew better then to do anything much before morning. The look Jersh gave her as Blackout took her away from him. Not that I had much choice in the matter

There were many possibilities at what would happen now. Saphira knew he would probably think she had left with Blackout because of him making her say who she loved. He's acting like a child.. She stated again to herself, turning her head finally to see Blackout standing over her with a concerned look in his eyes.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" He asked. Voice low as a cool wind picked up. He then knelled down besides her, keeping his distance but staying close enough. Saph looked up at him.

"What is there to explain?" She shrugged her shoulders at him.

"Damn it Saphira. This isn't time for games." Blackout growled, moving closer to her. Saph snapped her head at him. Eyes lowering to cool slits.

"Fine.. you want to know.. Jersh read on my face that something was wrong." She started, taking her right hand away from her leg wound. "He wanted to know why I was feeling upset.." Sighing her voice lowered to a whisper. Blackout remained close but still at a safe distance.

"ok.. go on.." He encouraged.

"I.. I told him.. I-I told him you comforted me after we lost the transmission. How you stopped me from taking a blow to Doc.. and.. and how we kissed.." Her words died out for a moment. All that could be heard were the sounds of the cool wind blowing gently threw the trees. Blackout looked at her for a moment. Unsure what to say.So he hit you for that? I'll kill him.. He thought as she started to speak again.

"I. Blackout.. I told him I enjoyed it.. that I was weak but I still enjoyed it.. After he got up despite the wounds. He.. He told me to go be with the one I loved.." Licking her lips she continued. "I told him I was with him.. I stepped up to touch his shoulders and he lost it.. Took a swing across my throat and I went flying back. My dagger somehow slipping from the sheaf and drove threw my leg... Jersh.. Jersh thought I was someone else.. and now he must hate me.." She breathed, shuddered in the cold as a few nocturnal insects began chirping.

Jersh then walked out of the tent. Saph looked up at Blackout as he moved farther away. Straining her leg she looked over at Jersh. He had to walk past them to head off where ever he was going anyway. Blackout slipped back behind the tree. Not wanting to cause more issues then need be for the moment.Jersh your a fool. You have a perfect female and you're going to lose her..

Saph pulled herself to her feet, leaning against the trunk for support as Jersh froze. Saphira only looked at him for a moment. "Jersh.." She began as he raised his hand and shook his head.

"You made your choice Saph.." He replied, watching as her face contorted with pain and anguish.

"I did.. and now you're going to walk away.. I didn't chose Blackout. Doc had him pull me away from you. But if you're going to be pig-headed about it then fine.." She snapped, her voice shaky as she pressed her wounded leg on the ground. Jersh set his Jaw.

"You said you liked it. Am I not good enough for you?" He asked, his voice low.

"I wasn't lying.. would you rather I had said no and not be honest with you? I was scared Jersh.. Blackout calmed me down before I ran off to go look for you. You said so yourself that those things could have killed you. What if I had ran into them? I would have died trying to come after you.." She snapped, feeling her anger get the best of her as she attempted to walk away from Jersh. Another tear rolling down her face.I don't need this.. I need to concentrate of the mission... She tried to say, placing her bad leg on the ground and fell over. Some pain now rolling up her body as she grabbed at her Leg. Gritting her teeth as a few more tears poured down.

Blackout couldn't stay hidden any longer. Coming out of the trees he looked at Jersh.

"What she said was true.. She wouldn't stop talking or thinking about you.. and now look.." He growled, going towards Saphira as Jersh stayed there. Laying a hand on her shoulder saphira shook him off.

"N--n-no I'm fine.." She said in a hoarse voice.

"Like Hell you aren't. Doc said to stay ff that.." Blackout repeated, his eyes looking over at Jersh. "She had to be restrained while doc patched you up. And you're reaction is Self-pity. Get off it Jersh. Whatever monster is haunting your past you need to let go. Or your going to lose more then just blood from those wounds." He snapped. Not believing himself the words coming from his mouth. Jersh looked shocked for a moment.

"What do you mean?" He asked. Blackout didn't look at him as he tried again to help Saph. The leg wound had re-opened and the blood started to leak threw the bandages.Wonderfull.. He thought.

"You know what I mean.. she admitted to you.. I'm not going to lie and say I did it on accident. I wanted to kiss her myself. I like her to Jersh.. and you would be a fool to let her go.."

Saphira ground her teeth together. The pain was barley tolerable as she tried to pull herself up. Shaking away blackout's help as her eyes looked over at Jersh. She wondered if he really did care. Blackout then spoke some other words but she didn't seem to hear them. Her eyes looked at her leg as the blood soaked threw.

TRP/CPL Saphira Striker/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Jersh
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  89
September 26, 2007 3:14:25 PM    View the profile of Jersh 
Jersh sighed as he failed to slip by without notice, he had wanted to get into the ruins where he could rest in peace. He did not know why he was being thrust into the position of the bad guy here. He had been faithful, he had treated Saphira with all the respect and love that was possible for a human. This, looking that at the situation he was in right now, was not nearly enough. He listened to both of them scolding him and held his tongue. These two, one who had betrayed him with the other were lecturing him about self-pity.

He laughed aloud, his reaction startling even himself as he could not seem to control his emotions anymore. “Self pity?” Jersh asked after his fit of laughter had subsided. “I had my heart torn out and stomped upon and of all people YOU lecture me about not feeling bad about it Blackout?” He snapped at him and Blackout took an involuntary step back. When the actions were put in such a plain way, it seemed ridiculous what Blackout was saying. He did not wallow around in pity....He had pain in his past, certainly... but so did many others.

“B-but you hurt her” He said, gesturing to Saphira’s wounds. Jersh could not keep the pain from his face as he did glance at her. He knew the wounds were his own fault, that it was not to be blamed of Saphira. He had lost himself for a moment, but those wounds tore more at Jersh’s soul than Saphira’s body. He had no excuse for his actions, and he offered none to the pair.

“Yes, I did” Jersh said simply. “I will not deny it and it was inexcusable for me to do such thing.” He said and looked away, if he stared at the wounded Saphira any longer he did not know how he would keep himself together. Blackout again told him to drop the past and he wish it were that easy. Scars were not to easy to heal as he seemed to believe. He really did want nothing more than to let go, but it was not him holding onto the past. It was more likely that the past was holding onto him. When he was with Saphira, he felt as if he were escaping its clutches but now, he was no longer certain what to do.

Blackout was right about one thing however.... he would indeed be a fool to let her go...He wanted nothing more than to rush and Saphira and take her in his arms right now. To cradle her body to his own and kiss her, whispering that everything would be alright and they would get this through together. Saphira could see this in his eyes, but there was also a hesitation. He was afraid of being hurt again... or worse.... of hurting her. If for some reason, he lost control again and hurt her, however minor, he could not live with himself. His gaze shifted to Blackout, he knew he could not tell her all that he wanted to with him here. He only hoped that by now.... Saphira understood what was in his heart... and what his barely concealed fears truly meant.
Blackout
ComNet Novice

Blackout

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  34
September 26, 2007 4:08:06 PM    View the profile of Blackout 
He's holding onto something, something, but what? Blackout couldn't read minds but he could tell that Jersh was hurting. He was having thoughts that to blackout didn't make any sense. Soon though those thoughts made all the sense in the world. I...I hurt him, not saph, not anyone else me. Yet that wasn't good enough, he had to get through to jersh.

“Black, you may be right, but I am not the one who kissed her.” Jersh said, his hand drifting to one of his vibro-blades. He could tell that black was shifting his eyes to his hand. Hoping to god blackout wouldn't make this worse, if he did the first thing going through him was the blade, and black knew that.

“She told you what happened, why can't you just listen.” Blackout said. He looked at jersh' hand which slowly drifted towards his blade. Tyro was about to call Doc, but he knew this was his fight. It was petty yes, but no matter what he didn't want to make things worse. don't draw the blade Jersh, not now, wait for training, hold it in. black however slipped his hand involuntary to the pouch. He tried to be discreet but knew it wasn't going to happen.

“Let's not make a scene, just get out of here alright?” Jersha siad, his hand now laying on the hilt. He was hurting, he knew black knew. But did Saph, did saph know how much she had hurt him, how much he really cared? Did she? Or was it a show. No, it couldn't of been, they had know each other for a while now. He knew how she felt, but now black was here. What did she really feel about him? I do better alone, but I guess there are sometimes things that happen.

“Listen, I tried to lay it out, you hurt her, she told you the truth. Why? I don't know. I just don't want to fight.” Blackout looked over at Saph who was gritting her teeth, if this continued any longer soembody was going to get killed. Anger would consume them all and it would end up just like the time in the training area.

“Then what have we been doing the last few minutes?” Jersh countered, he was gripping the vibro-blade tighter. If black said anything more he would draw it, he wouldn't use it but it would be a warning. Just a warning.

Time felt like it was slowing. Tyro slowly looked over at saph who was getting redder and slowly swaying from side to side. He let out a hand to keep her from falling over but she threw it off. He knew that they had made matters worse. HE couldn't imagine what she was going to do, but something was welling up inside her. Blackout knew.

“I just want to get to the ruins, alright?” Jersh said. But was stopped when he tried to go by Saph's hand.

“No, your going to hear this out.” Saph looked at both of them. Blackout realized she was going to hurt someone and at the moment Blackout sure hoped it was him. this can't end good.

"I like me" -Caboose RvB
Saphira Striker
ComNet Novice

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  89
September 26, 2007 4:37:57 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
“I just want to get to the ruins, alright?” Jersh said. But was stopped when he tried to go by Saph's hand.

“No, your going to hear this out.” Saph looked at both of them. Blackout realized she was going to hurt someone and at the moment Blackout sure hoped it was him. this can't end good.

Saph wasn't sure why she spoke up. Maybe it was because she was sick of it. Or maybe it was because she was in pain. Either way she was going to lose it. Her hand twitched as her eyes darted to Jersh. His hand on his weapon she gave a low snarl on her face.

"I don't care what you're thinking right now. Either of you. I have had it. This is pointless. We're suppose to be friends and comrades." Saph pulled herself up. Smacking away Blackout's outstretched hand. She wasn't going to be weak and take help from anyone anymore.

Jersh and Blackout only stood there for a moment. Not saying a word as she grunted and placed a little weight on her leg. It hurt, but the bacta was helping. Like she knew by morning the leg would be good as new. A little sore but completely mended.

"I'm sorry I hurt you Jersh. Whatever monsters your harboring inside you need to deal with. You know what I gave to you when we first met. Maybe it was a mistake on my part. I should have kept it. Instead I chose to make myself weak." Her words grew darker. "I will not let that happen again. I am a Soldier first and always..."

Her eyes flickered over them. Blackout took a step towards her but stopped as he caught a look of hate there. Saphira was pulling herself back into her shell as a fighter. As she was going threw the academy.

"Saph, don't -" Jersh began

"I don't want to hear it.. Do not call me Saph.. It's Saphira.." SHe snapped, placing a hand near one of the speeders for support. Her head looked back over toward the camp. The rest of the team were lounging around eating dinner and enjoying themselves. Not even paying attention to what they were doing.

Blackout took a step tot he side. Not knowing what to do. He wanted to help her. It was indeed bad that she felt this way.She's hurting herself more doing this.. He could swear that he felt her heart sped up and blood pressure rising.

"Blackout, we need you!" Doc's voice yelled out. It couldn't have been better timing. He excused himself, leaving the two alone and hoping they wouldn't harm each other.

Jersh couldn't believe what he was hearing. Saphira had turned on him. Perhaps she was using him after all.No. She wouldn't.. That night we shared.. What she gave me and what I know she feels He thought looking at her as she struggled to stay up on one leg. Jersh took a few steps forward, ignoring her protests as his hands wrapped around her.

"Saphira..I am sorry.. I.. I don't want to hurt you..But what you did.."

The Twii'lik grave a growl, pushing him away as she fell back against the tress and almost fell over. Her look was that of pain, torment and so much more that cou ldn't be described.

"Don't come near me.. What I did was a mistake and you're going to have me suffer for it.. If that's the case fine.. You win.. We have a mission to complete.." Her icy words snapped at him. Saphira almost wanted to melt into his arms when he touched her. Yet she couldn't.

I don't deserve him..

She thought, giving him her back as she painfully walked over to the next speeder and leaned on it for a moment.

"If you're going out there.. you go alone...I will not let myself fall into a trap again.." She whispered, turning her head away as a single tear rolled down her face and fell to the speeders seat. She loved him, but now she wasn't sure if things could be fixed. Her only weapon was to go back and re-build the walls around herself. Without another look she headed back into camp and rest before morning.

Jersh swallowed, watching her go as he felt his heart crack. Taking a few steps after her he reached the speeder and looked down to see the tear she shed. His right hand reached out and touched it. Spreading the tear between his fingers.She didn't even give me time to explain.. He thought to himself. Jersh clenched his hands into fists. Knowing he was going to need to fix this before he truly lost her for good.She went right back into who she was when she first came here. A hardened shell, bent on only her work and trusting no one. With a blank stare he swore and headed out into the night..

Jersh
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  91
September 26, 2007 5:12:55 PM    View the profile of Jersh 
Jersh wandered off into the forest, but not deep enough to get himself into any trouble. He needed to be alone with his thoughts and the forest was the perfect place to do that. He walked along the camps perimeter, wondering how things had gone so wrong so quickly. He paced along the tree line, glancing into the shadows for any hostiles. He wanted something, anything to take out his anger on. He cracked his knuckles and growled slamming his fist into a nearby tree with enough force to cause some of the bark to flake away. He had to fix this.. Not only for himself, but also for the sake of the mission. With a sighed he headed back into the tent and closed his eyes, he would need all the rest he could get for tomorrow.

~_~_~_~_~ Time Lapse ~_~_~_~_~

The sun was barely peaking over the horizon when Jersh snuck into Saphira’s tent. She was just getting geared up when he entered and gave him a cold glare that he dared to enter her tent without permission. She opened her mouth to tell him to back off but Jersh’s cold glare stopped her cold. She had expected him to come bumbling into her tent apologizing and asking what he had to do for her to forgive him. She was wrong however, Jersh was almost the opposite. That moment of shock was all that Jersh needed as he roughly grabbed her and pulled her out of the tent. He moved swiftly across the grounds, apparently his wounds had healed over enough for him to move normally. Saphira wondered just how painful it was to move around much though.

She was tempted to fight back but she did not want to cause a scene in the middle of the camp and followed him, unable to break his firm grip. He remained silent as he dragged her through a few open halls and deeper into the ruins where they would not be disturbed. They finally reached what must have once been the lounge of the ruins. There was a space that must have once been a great, wide fireplace and various chucked of rotten cloth and wood suggested furniture had once sat in front of a roaring flame. Saphira broke away from his and his stare was one of loathing combined with what could be described as a morbid curiosity.

“What the hell do you think your doing Jer-“ She began to scold him, her voice full of malice. She voice caught in her throat as his hand went right past her cheek to slam into the wall behind her. She was shocked that he was acting this way, normally he was so meek when it came to dealing with her. She wondered where he had gotten his resolve from, and if she liked this new attitude or not.

“I will do the talking here” he growled at her, his tone rougher than Saphira had remembered it. “I am tired of dealing with this shit. You judge me and blame me for anything that goes wrong between us. You try to act strong and tough and just cant seem to see that you are hurting me as well as yourself. You say things like what happened last night and leave without even giving me a damn chance to say anything. I am through apologizing for what happened last night. We both made mistakes but at least I gave you a chance to explain yours” He ranted at her.

Saphira opened her mouth to say something but a growl from Jersh stopped her from the retort before it ever left her throat. Jersh continued speaking to her, his tone still harsh. “I know I am obsessed with the past, but Damn It Saph don’t you get it?! Im trying to get rid of Alira, her memory haunts me and i just cant get her cursed voice out of my mind!” With that he fell against her, his breath came in shudders. She could see how hard it was for him to be telling her all of this and her resolution faltered slightly as he fell against her.

Jersh’s fingers traced the bruise along her throat from what he had done the other night. “I need you Saph.... I need you to help me get rid of this demon...... I.. I don’t want to lose you” His voice finally broke. He did not want any pity from Saphira, this much even she could tell. He just wanted her, and her alone. He was willing to fight all of the Galaxy to get her.... if she still wanted him. “I love you Saph...... I live for you....... and I would die for you” He whispered and leaned in to kiss her softly, his arms wrapped around her, pulling her close. He prayed to whatever gods may exist that she would not pull away from him.
Blackout
ComNet Novice

Blackout

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  35
September 26, 2007 5:23:27 PM    View the profile of Blackout 
He was standing in a ancient room. The light was no longer there, except for a few lit torches. Markings could be seen along the wall and a weird sound was in the background. 'it's the dream, but, it's different.' Blackout turned around, but nobody could be seen within miles, at least not now. At first he thought maybe he was dreaming inside a dream, that is until he realized he was there, but not visible .'I am a ghost. I think.'

“Is anyone here?” He called out waiting for something to happen, but it was quiet to quiet, to quiet. He waited, but he couldn't move. He was stuck. But soon he heard a voice off in the distance. It was a partial scream and a partial warrior call. 'Jersh'

“Get the... away... me.” Was all that could be heard. It sounded like he was in trouble, Blackout wanted to help him. But he couldn't. He just sat and waited for jersh to get within better ear shot. Still the same scream was heard over and over in a repetitive manner. Soon though he heard it better.

“You stupid animals, get back.” Blackout was trying to help him, but he couldn't he was stuck, his thoughts were even obscured now, if he would have even tried changing this dream it wasn't going to happen, it wasn't just a normal dream.

“get away... arrggh.” This time it stopped all together and one of the torches went out at the same time Jersh's voice stopped. It wasn't like Black could do anything, but now he was even frightened.

After a while of silence he could finally move. He turned around to see three chains hanging fomr the wall. 'No, this can't be.' He knew what was going on. The dreams from the past few days were coming true. 'You have to stop it, time is limited. The alst piece' it kept reallying through his mind. The last events that had happened. 'this can't be real.'

“oh it is Dax tyro, it is.” blackout whirled to see an odd looking guy standing straight in front of him. How he knew his real first name was beyond him, but somehow he was going to find out.

“How did you know?” Dax asked. All the man did was points “What does that mean?” then he saw it. Jersh was being held by some... odd creatures, something that didn't even look... real. They were carrying him. Why he didn't know, but he was going to find out.

“What's going on?”Dax asked, trying to figure this out.

“This is the future if you don't make things right, if you don't stop the future oyu won't have a future either.” The old man was starting to irritate him.

“This doesn't make sense.” Blackout was beginning to get worried, all the puzzle pieces were in place, but something was out of a place, like a piece that was put in the wrong place.

“Yes it does, just think about it. You know.” The old man was starting to grin. It was annoying Dax even more than he already was.

“Jsut tell me you air-head.”

“watch.”

Blackout watched carefully. Jersh wasn't dead he was stirring. But he was badly wounded, it looked like he had been.. crying. 'that can be him.' Dax thought as he watched and watched. Still nothing happened. That was until he heard the same Animals, or whatever they were. As he watched two more figures appeared. 'SAPH! NO!'

He turned around to see the man still standing there.

“Do what you must. Time is limited.” He started to fade and so did the dream. Again Blackout was standing in darkness, unable to move

“GAH!!!” He woke up fast. His thoughts started to come together. “the fight, our FIGHT, He's going to make a mistake Damn it why does this always happen like this!!” The idea hit him like a loud thunder. He had to find out where Jersh was and fast before it was to late, as well as Saph.

“DOC!!! DOC!!!” HE ran out like a little child after a nightmare. Which wasn't far from the truth. As he ran the cold hit him in the face like a bitter sting. He had to find doc, no matter what.

“Ugh.. what is it? This had better be good, or I am demoting you.” Doc had just gotten out of his tent. His eyes were glazed over and his hair all a mess. He had a rough night as well, dax noted.

“DOC, I think Jersh might be in some trouble, if not yet soon. Where is he?”

“dude, he's in the camp, just calm down. He's not in trouble.” Doc didn't even get to say anything more and Dax was off.

Blackout hurried to Jersh's tent. When opening it though, he was shocked to see what he found. He wasn't there. Crap this is jsut great, this makes everything better. Now time was of the essence.

He ran to saph's tent and realized she wasn't there wither. They mad eup real fast. Now he had to hurry or they would both be in dire trouble.

"I like me" -Caboose RvB
[This message has been edited by Blackout (edited September 26, 2007 5:36:30 PM)]
Blackout
ComNet Novice

Blackout

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  36
September 26, 2007 6:17:14 PM    View the profile of Blackout 
(p,s. I double posted so I could finish this little thing I had going and then we can move on.)

Blackout had no choice. He had to find them, whether Doc let him or not... it wasn't like he was going to let them die in there. Even if they weren't in there he had to find them. Besides if the dreams were right...

He ran off as fast as he could to grab his weaponry, there was no time to put on his armor, he had to hurry. As he ran off towards his tent he was wondering how long ago they had gone. Was he to late? What else might have happened? As he ran he passed alater, Saying hi quickly not even thinking about what he was up to.

When he got to the tent he strapped his knife case onto his leg and belt. He grabbed his DC-17 and as quickly as possible clipped it to his belt. Time was starting to run out. Might as well take my helmet. He grabbed it and put it on quickly, he probably looked like a retard without his armor, but he didn't have time to put it all on, he had to hurry. Evne if Saphira didn't want anything to do with him, he still carred about her, he still... loved her. Nothing would change that. He had to figure out what he was going to do.

don't worry, just get out there.  He finished getting ready and ran outside. He looked around to make sure that nobody was looking, luckily nobody was.

Running as fast as his legs could take him he started to worry. What if the dream were worng, what if they were okay. Maybe he was just paranoid, but he had dream like this before, they had come true hadn't they?

He got to the ruins and tried to find his way through them. He hadn't really gone through them enough to find his way that easily, but he found the room he was looking for. Nody was there. Yet. “Crap I am to late.” He looked to see that everything was exactly the same as the dream. the torch isn't out yet, it's still good. he waited, and waited and waited. Then suddenly. It start, the dream came to life.

Jersh was screaming. Dax didn't need to make out the words he knew what he as saying. Then suddenly the screaming stopped. And he heard a screeching sound. “It's them” Soon the animal came up. He took aim. But they ignored him. He let out and a few of them went down. Yet they still ignored him.

“You know what, if you don't out him down I am going to kill you.” They didn't care. He dropped the gun, which to his surprise caught there attention, accept for the ones that were taking on hooking up jersh. “you know what we may have not gotten along,but I still respected you jersh.”

Dax was soon over came by a few of the creatures, there teeth baring at him.”you better not have hurt her.” He kicked a couple away and then threw a few knives, pinning them to the wall. 

“unngh.” well at least he's conscious. “Alright this ends here. Then the real dream shifted. The Monkey men went back through the hole, ignoring him. He hurried and picked up his gun. Aiming it at the hole waiting for them to come through. ,i> this isn't exactly how I thought it would go. The animals came back up through the hole carrying Saphira. “Now you've crossed the line.” He let out a hail of fire taking all of the animals down. The fell blood going everywhere. Saph fell to the ground.

“WHAT THE HELL!!?” Jersh said, trying to get out of the chains.

“you know you should really sleep more, maybe you wouldn't fall asleep so much.” Blackout walked over and shot the chains as skilled as he could to release Jersh. By this time Saphira was waking up.
“SAPH!!!” Jersh ran over and picked her up. “Are, you alright?”

“Yea, nothing damaged, whatever they used really stung.” She said grinning wide.

“Well good to see you alive. We better get going.” Dax looked at them and mentally frowned. They are back, I guess that's how it was meant to be.

“He saved us?” Saph asked, starting to get up.

“Yea.”

“How did he know?”

“Dreams, I usually have them, well, that is when someone close to me, or someone is going to get hurt. I sometimes even have them randomly. This was one of thos random times.” Blackout grinned and walked away through the tunnel. He had taken his helmet off once he ahd finished.

“We better get back, we are probably going to move out soon.”

“Thanks Black.” It was Saphira. He just turned and smiled. He didn't know what to say at this point, but he didn't want to mess up.

“Your welcome.” was all Blackout could muster up.

(p,s. I double posted so I could finish this little thing I had going and then we can move on.)

"I like me" -Caboose RvB
Riqimo
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  919
September 26, 2007 9:14:41 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Riq squinted over his steaming instant caf, scanning his not quite awake eyes across the tree line.  Eventually his eyes were widen enough to actually make out the trees from the green blur.  Shaking his head after taking a large gulp of the caf, Riqimo stood and made a few rounds around the camp.  Everyone was accounted for, save Blackout, Jersh, and Saph, all of whom were nowhere to be found.  Just as he was about to rustle up a sleepy shout of their names, the trio came from another part of the ruins, Blackout in the lead.  Narrowing his eyes a little, Riq raised an eyebrow at the sight.

"Where the hell did you three go?" Riq shouted loud enough to make himself officially awake.

Blackout glanced at Saph and them muttered, "We were doing a last scouting fun of the ruins.  Make sure we didn't miss anything..."

Really... Pershaw, they have no weapons to defend themselves, save Blackout.  Does that seem odd to you?

Yes... but we don't have time for this

And Saphira... notice how Blackout looked at Saphira?  There is something between them... we must break it.

As long as nothing serious happens on the mission, why should I care?  It is her life.
  Riq took another sip of the caf, which stimulated his mind, allowing him to tune out the other voice.

"Well, find anything?" Riq asked the group.

"Nothing," Jersh replied, with nods of agreement from the other two.

"Very well then, we're taking down camp and getting on the move again.  Gonna follow that river upstream on the east side of the ruins, should be a hill somewhere up river that will provide us with an excellent vantage point to see where we should venture off to."

...  ...  ...

With their little mobile camp packed up again, Riqimo revved his speeder and glanced over his shoulder to see his squad awaiting orders, "Okay, we're gonna be pushing these baby's to max speed for a change," Riq grinned at the hum the turbine engine emitted, "Make sure that you are hovering around ten feet above the surface and follow me over the river."

Accelerating slowly, Riq put most of his concentration into raising the BARC to approximately ten feet from the ground.  He wobbled back and forth a little to find his balance and then speed up so he was running parallel to the river by the ruins.  About 100 feet ahead the jungle met the water, and Riq used his hands on the two steering vanes to shift right, moving over the water.

Without terra firma, Riq's speeder swooped downward suddenly to about 6 feet over the muddy river, pushing down his pedals and revving the engine, Riq took off almost full speed along the river at 450 kilometers per hour, the water spraying off to the side in a wide arc.  At the current pace, it would only take them about two and a half hours.  Riq chuckled, When there isn't a path, make one... or improvise in this case...  It wasn't often he was able to make a joke while on the job.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited September 26, 2007 9:15:24 PM)]
Saphira Striker
ComNet Novice

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  90
September 26, 2007 10:07:59 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
camp packed up again, Riqimo revved his speeder and glanced over his shoulder to see his squad awaiting orders, "Okay, we're gonna be pushing these baby's to max speed for a change," Riq grinned at the hum the turbine engine emitted, "Make sure that you are hovering around ten feet above the surface and follow me over the river."

Saph couldn't help but grin from ear to ear as she placed her helmet back on. Speed was something she was good at. Yet she didn't miss the look Doc gave them as herself, Blackout and Jersh came out of the ruins. Worry about it later

She thought, placing her feet to the peddles and slowly began to accelerate. Saphira laughed, a whooping holler over the coms as others started laughing.

"Chill Saphira.." Came docs voice over the main com as they broke over the swampy area. Her engines revved louder as Saph veered over the many tree stumps and other depbre that was in their way.

"I am Doc.. Just having a little fun.." She cooed back. A few more snickers as she passed Alater and Rike. Saphira was glade for a moment that Blackout and Jersh were farther over. Her mind raced over the most recent events. I don't know what I am going to do She thought, thinking to Jersh as he still professed his love to her. Before they were attacked by those damned monkeys. She never had the chance to respond to him. There wasn't any time.

Her eyes darted ahead, a mound of rocks/boulders in the mass of a few trees. It was going to be a tight fit. Licking her lips she came up close to Doc. Tipping her head at him as he looked over and then back.

The Twi'lik couldn't help it. For some reason she had the inclination to test her boundaries once more. She sped up passing him as his voice crackled over the com.

"Corporal get your butt behind me. That's an Order." He snapped threw the coms. Saphira pretended not to hear him as she snapped again. This time she nodded but it was too late. The mass of obstacles were ahead and closing in. Saph knew she could exactly slam her breaks. A smile over her lips she heaved left and slammed against Doc.

What the hell is she doing? Doc thought, reacting to te hit as he pulled the steering back. His eyes opened wide as a tree stump was directly in his way. Reflexes took hold as he did a near impossible maneuver and swerved out of its way.

"Wow nice save Doc!" Piped Wicket. His voice statically threw the com. Otrhers piped in as well.

Heart beating rapidly Doc Swore and signaled her to private com. Saphira only grinned, flipping to the one indicated.

"What the hell were you doing Saphira?" The sound reverted threw. Full of anger as she stifled a chuckle.

"Sorry Doc.. It was an Accident.. Besides, you're ok." She responded back. Full amusement in her voice. "I just get carried away sometimes.." Finishing as she waited for another response as they continued their way threw the swamps.

Jersh
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  93
September 26, 2007 10:50:32 PM    View the profile of Jersh 
Jersh watched Saphira messing around a little bit with Doc and wondered just what she was up to, but shrugged and ran along the wall of the river as it took a sharp turn. Saphira eased back as Doc just barely missed crashing into a log that stuck up from the water. Jersh had to veer out of the way as Saphira suddenly came towards him to avoid hitting Doc as well. A wall of water sprayed from the sudden adjustment and splashed all over Saphira just as she had finished apologizing to Doc in her less-than-honest voice.

He heard the rest of the team laugh over the comm but Saphira turned her head to glare at him. He felt guilty about it, knowing they still stood on less-than-firm ground. He glared back at her, and lifted his hand to point to his eyes, then back forward. Saphira looked up in time to dodge a low hanging branch and glanced at him long enough to understand the meaning. ’Keep your eyes forward’. She did not stop glaring, but turned her head as would one who was only pretending to be upset. At their high speed, with the wind blowing at them hard, he was certain that her gear would dry out quickly. The only problem was she was going to be extremely cold by the time they were dry.

Jersh thought back to the trick that she had played on Doc and nodded as he confirmed something. She was no longer distancing herself from the entire team, this was a good sign as far as he was concerned. He was glad his talk with her before they were ‘taken captive’ had at least accomplished this much. He could not help but wonder how she would have reacted to what he had said and done in the ruins, but that time had long since passed.

They continued to cut their trail along the river for several hours, racing the sun that was rising across the sky at a rapid rate. Soon the could recognize a slight rise that was growing larger by the moment as the approached at a rapid rate. Jersh smiled as an idea came to him and he adjusted the instruments on his speeder and pressed the machine to its limits as they neared the hill. Instead of slowing like the others, his hands flashed over the controls as he hit land and speed up the steep slope, his bike hovering only a foot or so off the ground. When he crested over the edge he went into a short flight, a whoop of amusement escaping his lips as he pulled around to face the rising sun and brought his speeder to a stop. He pulled off his helmet and stared into the distance. This would indeed be a good place to observe the surrounding landscape.

The rest of the team joined him, Doc mumbling something about having too many hot-heads on his team but he said so without any real conviction. He noticed everyone else dismounting and Jersh stayed near his own speeder for a moment before moving to help Blackout with his comm gear. Jersh thought about confronting Saphira again, but he had said his peace. It was up to her to sort out her own thoughts and come to him when she was ready. Meanwhile, Jersh would make himself useful by setting up their instruments.
Blackout
ComNet Novice

Blackout

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  38
September 27, 2007 10:32:42 AM    View the profile of Blackout 
what if… that was the only thing that was running through his mind. What if he hadn’t done what he did? What if he had, but had done it differently? What if he had never had those dreams? It was the only thing Blackout could think about as they were heading towards the Hill.

He didn’t know what would have happened, but he guessed it would have been alright. He had done something that he did regret. This wasn’t those times. Why was he worrying about this after all he had saved them, but he hadn’t stopped it from happening. That’s what ate him up the most. He could have stopped it.

Dax get yourself together. It all turned out for the better. But it hadn’t. He still felt the way he did, maybe it turned out good for others but not him… that was usually how it went was it. Or, maybe this is what it felt like to be a hero, regretting everything you did, questioning it all. Or was it?

Dax tried to knock the thoughts out of his head, but they wouldn’t leave him. Instead he decided to watch the comm. Systems. They were normal, except for one vital part which indicated somebody had been scanning the channels. I thought I encrypted that. He checked closer looking every few seconds to make sure he didn’t run into things. He was more worried about being hit by Saphira who was messing around up front.

Blackout went through different sequences scanning back to the source. Nothing was pinging back, maybe someone had opened a private channel no, cause somebody is scanning, but who? he pinged a couple more times trying to find out if he could get a response, still nothing. Maybe the encryption wasn’t secure had he messed up, because of his worries over something else. wait, a response.

As Blackout looked at the address he realized it wasn’t something normal. Luckily they hadn’t broken the encryption, but they had to known they were here… or was it his imagination.

“Doc, I have a problem someone is scanning the channels, I think they may know where here. I could be wrong I covered the channel well, but they may just think it’s some body going scouting.”

Blackout looked up to see Doc look back at him. They were almost up to the hill now and Doc probably didn’t want this kind of news.” Are you sure they haven’t been listening in?” He asked now facing forward.

“Positive, I could try setting up another Wall, if you feel more comfortable.” Dax knew that wasn’t going to help though.

“No, it’s fine, I trust you. Actually though it may have been anyone of us. Thanks for the warning though.” Doc replied.

Yea, maybe it’s one of us… but something didn’t make Blackout feel any more comfortable. He knew that the chances of one of them being the one who had scanned was possible, but the ping he got back was from an unknown source. Then again Blackout had made a comm. System from scratch for Jersh to use, maybe….

“Jersh, you there?” Dax called, hoping to get an answer.

“Yea, what’s up?” Jersh sounded irritated. did I interrupt something?

“Ummm, were you scanning by any chance? You’re the only one who wouldn’t have the same code as us, and I pinged.”

“No I didn’t. And why?”

“Thanks, nothing.” He said it fast and went back to checking the systems. It was hard while he was driving but he got used to it. They were about five- ten klicks from the hill; he could figure it out then, right now though he would just put another wall up.

"I like me" -Caboose RvB
[This message has been edited by Blackout (edited September 27, 2007 12:19:13 AM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  930
October 1, 2007 1:34:34 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
“...Thanks for the warning though.” Doc shrugged.  He doubt that they were actually being looked for, odds are it was their own scanning equipment picking them up time to time.

Eclipse had left their speeders near the river bank and then prepped for a trek through the thick jungle via foot to reach the top of the large hill.  Birds of all colors and sizes fluttered across their path and various small furry things scattered about Riq's feet as he slashed a vibroblade through the undergrowth, small strands of sunlight peeking through the covering of leaves overhead.

After about a mile and a half of hack and slashing with a navigational datapad in hand, Riq and the Eclipsers following behind him had finally started moving up hill, the slope gradually increasing.  The trees were also starting to thin out and Riq was able to switch off his low-light vision filter as his tongue clicked the comms on in the same motion,  "Okay, spread out a little by fire teams, 25 meters from each group, each person 5 meters apart within the teams.  Alpha in the middle, Beta on the right, Gamma left."

Sheathing his blade, the squad leader unshouldered his Eclipse Carbine and flicked the safety off before gesturing to Blackout and Jersh to spread out a little and keep their weapons ready as they advanced.

Sliding down to a crouch, Riq brushed some bushes aside as he peeked out into the clearing that led up the rest of the hill.  "All clear, beta, gamma can you confirm?"

"Affirmative, Doc," Jelly relied in a professional matter, short and to the point.  Especially compared to...

"Looks good, Doctor.  I don't see anything." Riq smirked under his helmet, Wicket probably was getting jittery from all the silence they had maintained earlier.  Not that Riq could blame him, getting a little tense himself.

Riq resumed his standing position and jogged cautiously to the highest point, made a quick glance at some of the tree line while directing his squad to set up a little perimeter watch.  "Blackout, do a comm scan will you?" the medic nodded to one of the communication techs while pulling out his macrobinoculars.  He didn't have time to put them to his helmet's eye slots before Isadora shouted something into the comms, "Ship! Down!"

Not questioning her sighting Riq dropped prone and scanned the sky.  Sure enough a shuttle of some sort had just taken off somewhere off to the south and headed directly to leave the atmosphere.  Riq blinked, This planet has an extremely fortified defense system, that ship shouldn't have been able to land...

Regaining his feet cautiously, he played around with the filters of his macrobinoculars until he switched onto the electromagnetic mode, revealing a very high signal to the south.  "Okay Eclipse... something is out there that shouldn't be there.  It should be impossible eve..."

He was cut off by blasterfire and swung his carbine from his side as he span towards it as he dropped prone again..  Jelly and the others of Night Hawke fire team were facing some enemy troopers that had just started open fire with no warning from the tree line that they had come from the river.  A quick grenade from Saph silenced the threat.

"Black, pack that thing up, everyone keep on alert, they know we are out there." Riq urgently put orders through the comms.  "Don't know what is going on, but we ditch the speeders and head south by foot.  Keep a good pace, we should reach the area by nightfall, eleven standard hours from now.  Hut hut!"
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited October 1, 2007 1:52:24 AM)]
Blackout
ComNet Novice

Blackout

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  50
October 1, 2007 10:28:20 AM    View the profile of Blackout 
“Sir, I hate to say I told ya so, but.. . I told ya so.” Dax said. He wasn’t trying to be sarcastic, but by all means he had the rights, even if he doubted the communications gear as well.

“Black, with all due respect, Shut up.” Doc looked over at him, his voice had been firm but warning. Dax couldn’t see the face under the mask but he knew it wasn’t a comforting look, even though he wasn’t supposed to be talking on the Radio.

He badly though wanted to reply to that last message, but he knew that their position had already been compromised, he didn’t worry though as much as he should.

Every step Dax felt like he was going to walk right into a trap, or worse. He usually wasn’t this nervous, but this was different… he hated losing the element of surprise. Without it your chances were death increased, which wasn’t comforting.

He decided to check the comm. Channel again to make sure he hadn’t overlooked something, it wouldn’t help though, only let the enemy know that they were up to something.

Stupid, you could have stopped it, you know that. But instead you attended to other matters… that could have waited.  flashbacks started to haunt him at that very moment, he really hadn’t double checked everything. He looked over all the details. Now it was too late.

-_-_-_-_-_---_-

The mud under his feet was starting to pile up. He was struggling with lifting his left and knocking branches or various plants out of the way. Jersh was laughing slightly. The fact that Dax was having such a hard time amused him, but it didn’t amuse Blackout.

“You know what.” Dax pulled out a few knives from his pouch and holstered his gun. He knew it would be easier, and also more efficient. Jersh just sighed.

Blackout had already cut down a couple of plants when Doc looked back at him. Instantly he reached for his gun. “I have it, just making my life… easier.” Doc didn’t laugh, it was a matter of life and death, Dax would be choosing death.

“Corporal, it’s your choice.” Doc shot a couple of branches of plants that were entangling him, if dax could see through he knew he would be grinning.

I hate this…Was all that Dax could think of to say, but he never said it. Mostly because he feared of what Doc would do to him, Though he really didn’t know the cull extent of punishment. Once this is over I am heading to the bar…

The thought reminded him that he had some Jawa juice left over, but his flask was left back with the speeders. Stupid comm. Situation, this can’t get any worse can it?
Sadly it did. The jungle was getting thicker, not to thick, but thick enough to be a nuisance. great I had to open  my mouth.  The thought slipped his mind as soon as a branch had wrapped around his leg. He let out a small scream and then just cut the branch. I need a drink…

"I like me" -Caboose RvB
Jersh
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  97
October 1, 2007 12:00:04 AM    View the profile of Jersh 
Jersh stepped quickly across the mud, however blackout did not fare so well. He did not seem to realize the trick was to keep moving being the mud could suck your foot down and trap it. With every step Blackout took, a loud sucking pop echoed in the darkness around them. Jersh sighed that he had to travel with one that was so loud as to bring an entire army down upon them. Taking pity on him, Jersh moved ahead of Blackout and slashed with his blades in a dull blur. He cleared the path so that Blackout could concentrate more on walking through the thick sludge that hesitating every few steps to cut some new obstruction from his path.

Jersh heard the crackle over the Comm. Unit and hesitated a moment. He had read about the sound caused by pinging was followed shortly by a burst of static. He looked around the squad with suspicion; they should not have located their position even if it was an active ping. It was a good thing that with Wicket had stopped talking many minutes ago. Someone was looking for them, and they knew their approximate position. It was only a matter of time before the enemy sent search parties when their Comm scans failed to locate their exact position.

He heard Blackout scream as his foot caught on a root and sighed again. This guy was going to get them killed unless he learned to deal with the fear of darkness properly. He fingered his blade and pushed aside the thought of silencing him. Perhaps in the old days he would have, but this man was now a part of his unit. And now it was also Jersh’s responsibility to teach him the proper ways to scout out in a mission. He groaned in annoyance and offered a hand to help the mud-splattered Blackout to his feet.

“Don’t shuffle your feet when you are walking, that will cause you to hit roots buried in the mud. You must lift you feet quickly before they sink into the mud” He whispered to him and pushed Blackout in front of him. “Move quickly, we do not have much time before they start to look for us in earnest”. Blackout gave him a look as if to say that he was perfectly aware of the situation, but nodded anyways and plodded along.

Jersh glanced over at Doc to see him in a similar state as himself. He could sense that fighting was eminate and that it would be sudden and swift in escalating. He tightened his grip on his blades and mentally checked over his rapidly recovered muscles, making sure they responded to his every beckon with ease. Thank goodness for the healing powers of Bacta, without that he would have been useless on this mission.

Doc glanced over to him and cocked his head to the side, Jersh nodded and fanned out in that direction. He had also heard a noise from the general direction. He slowly moved from tree to tree, trying to spot any hostiles before they spotted him
Saphira Striker
ComNet Novice

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  97
October 1, 2007 8:41:08 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
After silencing the blaster fire with a grenade they had broken up into fire teams. In a way the Twi'lik was relieved to be placed in them. Jersh and Blackout were with Doc and that was a good thing. She had no time to deal with them.For now, anyway.

Wicket and Riker pushed off. Picking their feet up gently threw the mush. Saphira wasn't thrilled at walking threw it. Not after her armor now just drying from earlier. They were on a supposed com silence. Speak only when need to and it better be a damned good reason. The sun was half-way set now. A slow moving process as Saphira passed Wicket up.

Her senses pressed outward as she scanned the surrounding areas for anymore possible threats. Sneaking around wasn't something she would have enjoyed as Rike tapped her on the shoulder. Snapping her head over he pointed. Her eyes focused under the helmet. Fifty yards away was a turret.If there is one.. there was going to be more She thought.

Wicket kept going straight ahead a few more steps before he realised they stopped. The other teams were spread but within distance. Saphira rose her hand, making a signal for danger that caught the others.

Doc, was lost in mid-thought on what their next move was going to be when Blackout tapped him on the shoulder. This better be good. He thought, still not in the greatest of moods from the earlier ride over her. Blackout pointed over to Wickets team and Riq blinked and waved to go to Com's.

"What is it?"

"Trouble Doc.. Automatic blaster turret about fifty ahead." Came Saphira's reply. Looks like shes not trying to at least let you walk into it.. He thought. Course he wasn't sure whether to be pleased or more aware of Saphira. Looking up and over he saw what she met.Looks new. Someone is expecting trouble. This should prove an interesting mission after all With the res t of the squad wanting more action it was starting to look like they were going to get it.

"Alright, obviously someone is expecting trouble. I need you guy sto take that turbo out.. but take it out quietly.."

He knew the Twi'lik would probably be disappointed in that. Bringing a lighter smile to his face he signaled the Squad to find ay others. Giving them the same direction he ordered Wicket's group.

A FEW MINUTES LATER

Damn! Saphira thought, palming some of the mechanicals of the turbolazer. She was hoping for more of a firefight. Instead the thing was programed first off wrong.. and secondly it wasn't hard to stay out of it's sensor range to get to it. Yet no sooner then it was taken care of was another trap noticed. A thin wire that would have alerted whomever was here of their presence. They must be a little out of hearing range.. or maybe it was an insurance policy in case other things failed.. She thought. The other teams each found one themselves. Disposing them with ease.

Sun lowered even more as the water sloshed around them they all soon closed intot he tree line leading into the base area. Signaling her team she walked over to doc and took the helmet off for a moment in order to speak to him in a losw voice without using the coms.

"I found a wire connected to ours. Looks like it was ain insurance policy. Had those gone off it would have alerted whomever here." She whispered. Doc sighed as he held his own bucket in his hands.

"Are you sure it didn't send a signale?" Doc asked. Watching her movements as he fought to keep civil.Deal with her once we get back from this mission.. He reminded himself as she shook her head.

"No doc.. I'm not..."

Riqimo
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  962
October 6, 2007 4:04:40 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
"No doc.. I'm not..." Saphira whispered, hiding the nervousness in her voice.

“No problem Saph,” Riq shrugged as he prepared to put his helmet back on, “They will know we are here anyways, now they just know a little sooner.”  Changing the power pack he nodded towards the rest of the squad to start moving in, “Saph, get with your fireteam now, keep alert.”

...  ...  ... 

“Contact!” Riq turned towards the fire on his right instantly and supported the Night Hawke fire Team that was dealing with a few camo wearing troops.  “Doc” Jelly called out over the comms in the middle of the fire fight, “There seems to be some underground complex part of the base, these guys came out of it.  We might want to check it out.”

“Affirmative Jabs, we’ll do that,” Riqimo threw a knife and smirked under his helmet as it landed in the neck of one of the soldiers, “We’ll deal with these guys, first though.”

“Umm, Doc?”

“Yes Blackout?” Riq took a moment to glance over his shoulder to see his comm tech working away at a console port while keeping low out of the blaster bolts’ path. “What’d ya find?”

“I think the remains we are looking for went to Ausist A... on that shuttle we saw back at the hill...”

“Great, we’ll borrow a ship and get over there.  Pick up Mister I Am Probably Decaying By Now and head back, how hard can it be?”

“Doc, didn’t you read the intel?” Blackout half stuttered over the blasters.

“Yeah, what about it?” Riq threw his sai and swore when it missed its intended target to imbed itself in a now screaming soldier near the lucky bastard that got missed.

“No operative lasted more than 5 hours on that planet...”

“Ya, ya, well we are not operatives are we?” Riq brushed the dirt off his armor and advanced cautiously at the now decreased, or at least unconscious from blood loss, enemy soldiers.  Pulling his sai out of the still slightly twitching arm of the soldier, he cleaned it on the guy’s shirt and tucked it back into his waist.

“No...” Dax replied.

“There you go, besides, I doubt we will need to be there for over 5 hours, just pop in, follow the decaying scent and bring Mr. Corpsey home to be burnt to ash.”

“Point taken.”  Dax shrugged nervously, still uneasy from the fact.

“Hey Doc,” Jelly had already advanced into the underground bunker door, “It is a whole complex down here, looks like we might want to stick together and avoid getting lost... had a little run in with surprising  a small patrol.  Heading back now, you got the alarms running now.”

Riq chuckled and opened a private comm to Jelly with his tongue, “What happened exactly?”

“Turned the corner, I swear one wet his pants and another dropped his rifle.”

Riq smirked and flicked back to the squad channel, “Alright, we’re following Jables’ plan, sticking together, find the hangar, and hijack a ride to Ausist A.  We’re gonna get this... dead guy back.  I still don’t quite understand it myself to be honest...”
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Blackout
ComNet Novice

Blackout

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  66
October 7, 2007 10:15:37 PM    View the profile of Blackout 
Dax was starting to feel like the Twilight Zone was coming alive. If they found the body, all that would complete it was the body coming alive. At least that isn't for a while his head started to spin though, somehow he had to get the thoughts out of his head.

“Alright, let's go.” Doc lead the way to the tunnel entrance. Inside the mud was worse than outside. Even some of the stench was starting to come through the filter on his mask. Okay, I am can't wait to get back home and take a long shower. Sadly though that thought was starting to seem a lot less appealing the farther they went in.

>i> slosh, squish. was the only sound that Dax could here above the static of his radio. He was about to rip his ears out if he hadn't known any better he probably would have used one of his knifes right then and there to do it.

“Okay how much longer does this thing last?” He asked finally. Hoping somebody was keeping track.

“don't know, think you could do a scan or something of comm devices with in reach.” Doc replied, obviously he to was getting sick and tired of this tunnel. After all even the green plants that grew along the walls were worse than the smell.

“I could try.” Dax started flipping controls with his tongue and quick blinks of his eye. The worst part was he wasn't even thinking about it, it was second nature to him, even though he had to enter a couple of codes into his arm gauntlet. Gotta love technology. As the final code was entered, he got his answer back pretty quick.  “We are standing right under it, the entrance is right up ahead, think we can get in without being noticed?”

Jersh looked over him and if Dax knew he was probably grinning. Or giving him a questioning look. “Do you really have to ask that?” Jersh commented, a small laugh followed. Dax just frowned under his helmet.

“I know... just making sure.” He really didn't think they could do it, after all they're element of surprise was gone. Of course if they didn't expect them to come through the tunnel. as long as they don't scan... That's when he remembered to close the channel off... luckily it was still stable and they hadn't talked over it. whewclosing the channel he just say.

“Alright Stay together, we have a little further to go.” Doc's metallic filtered voice crept through the hall, it was almost scary.

“Don't have to say it to say it twice.” Wicket said behind them. Dax snickered under his breath, and other's as well joined in.

“Well then in that case let's move.” suddenly lights urned on all around. The brightness almost blinded Dax. just one more annoyance added to my list. Ah well. He sighed heavily then followed along.

Jersh
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  113
October 11, 2007 11:53:20 AM    View the profile of Jersh 
The comm unit on Jersh’s helmet was still filled with a little more static than he would have liked, but the patch job he had made before they left camp seemed to be holding on well enough. ’I still have a lot left to learn’ he thought to himself, suppressing a sigh that would have been ill advised. He was trying to keep quiet, though the squad’s armored boots were making quite a racket on the clean halls of the underground complex. The hall was well lit and had many doors that were code-locked and even a few branching hallways that lead in different directions. It seemed odd to him that every single door in the facility was locked. Sure a lockdown may have been in effect from the alarms that were tripped, but the blast doors along the main hall were not closed down. The hairs on the back of his neck stood on end as he thought of the idea that someone may be herding them in a particular direction…

Jersh began to wonder how they managed to leech enough energy to power this base without the notice of the local government…. Or perhaps the government was telling us less than they knew. The thought troubled Jersh as his hand gripped tighter around his vibroblade handle. Something about this mission had not felt right to him all along, he did not even know why the damned corpse was so important to these people. There had to be something else, some piece of the puzzle that had not yet fallen into place. Jersh shared a glance with Doc, obviously he was not alone in his concerns about how the mission was turning out. The only way to solve this mystery was to move forwards however, and so they continued along the hall.

The hiss and slam of a blast-door came to Jersh from one of the side halls and he stopped instantly, waving to Doc and Dax to cover him. He crept along a hallway to find the door he had heard, the metal still warm to the touch from the speed at which it had closed. He pressed his ear to the door and heard a series of faint clicks and pings. ’What the hell could be behind this thing…. Whatever it is…. Someone did not want us finding it.’ With that thought in mind, Jersh pulled off his gloves and pried open the access panel with the tip of his blade.

The schematics he had been studying constantly flashed through his head until the array of wires was familiar to him, standard imperial design. Jersh wondered what the hell imperial standard equipment was doing way out here but shrugged it away as he spliced the wires. He looked up and saw the rest of the team standing ready, firearms primed to open fire. Reaching down, he checked his sensitive equipment was not openly exposed and he held a blaster in his right hand. He could probably do not more than offer cover fire, but he was not in a position to use his vibroblades the moment the door was opened. Jersh nodded gravely and stepped to the side where he would be out of any line of fire and crossed the two wires, the door snapped open quicker than any of the troopers could blink.
Saphira Striker
ComNet Initiate

Saphira Striker

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  109
October 17, 2007 12:09:09 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Saphira kept up with her team. The crackling of orders over coms was heard as they made their way inside.

"Alright Stay together, we have a little further to go.” Doc's metallic filtered voice crept through the hall, it was almost scary.

“Don't have to say it to say it twice.” Wicket said behind them. Dax snickered under his breath, and other's as well joined in. Saphira couldn't help but grin as she gripped her weapon in her right hand.

"First thing I am doing is peeling this armor off when we get back and taking a nice long shower.."

Her voice crackled over the com. Knowing it would receive a comment back.

"You and me both Saph.." Came Blackoits reply. A few more chuckles as Wicket crept closer to her. The Twi'lek didn't mind. So long as things went as planned for the moment.

"Alright, cut it.." Came Doc's voice over the com once more.

"Killjoy.. just trying to paint a picture here to lighten the mood.." She replied tautly.

"Lighten the mood in this?" Came wickets reply. Course he had a point. The stuff was foul and she had an idea that it was going to take a very long shower indeed to clean the stench of this world from her armor as well as herself.

"Enough!" Doc shouted again. The coms went silent. Though Saphira had a smile on her face the whole time. No doubt I'm in for it again after the mission..

---------

Once the Squad reached solid ground and their boots dripped off the clamored water they moved quickly. The tapping's echoing off the walls like drums. This better get interesting.. I can't believe we're on a mission for a rotting piece of flesh.. Saphira thought to herself as she looked up to notice Jersh ahead of the others. She could tell it was him in the way he carried himself. Her stomach tightened.Not now..

"Does anyone have any clue we're we are going. I would prefer a plan to at least look like we're capable.."

Her voice crackled threw with bitterness as another chuckle came froma few team mates. More then likely they were thinking the same thing.

Doc rolled his eyes as the female again opened her mouth.What the hell am I going to do with her? Leave it to command to give me the pain in the ass newbie. He thought as they continued along. Of course he knew she was damn good at her job, and wasn't afraid to speak her mind. Still, she had tried to knock him into hte trees back on the speeders. Anger rose for a moment. His mental voice picking at him to come out.No.. I can handle it.. Outloud:

"Saph there is a pl - "

His words were drowned out by the hiss and slam of a blast-door. The group froze and fanned back to the sides as Jersh went to investigate. When it was cleared they moved. Weapons out and ready as they came up to the door. Alatar and wicket guarding the opposite side of the halls as the others formed an almost half circle as it was looked at.

"Well, looks like we've been spotted.. Maybe this won't be such a bad mission after all.."

Came Blackouts voice. Saphira grinned, blinking a few times as she waited for a moment before speaking.

"Good, maybe this rotten flesh that we need is more valuable.. or there's something here that needs our attention..Hell I'd take both.. Lets blow the place to make sure.." She added the last for kicks as again people grinned and chuckled. Leave it to Saph to make a light moment out of something serious. Doc's head turned to glare at her. The female only stared blankly back for a moment.

"Well, why else would this have just closed? Either its a trap or, there's something more behind there. I'm betting it's probably both but it could be a way to mislead us from the right way.." Saphira added.

Blackout
ComNet Novice

Blackout

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  86
October 19, 2007 6:48:42 PM    View the profile of Blackout 
Dax readied his gun. The breathing of the squad almost haunted him, as if they weren't the only ones there. Doc held up the front getting ready for the door to blast open. And even if It didn't he would do it himself, with a spray of blaster fire greeting him, or backing him up. either way, someone is going to die.

“Once this door swings open don't open fire unless we are fired upon. I don't want to alarm anyone.” Doc said , he made sure he pointed to make sure his point was heard.

“Uh, Doc, they know we are here. I just got a ping back from their communications array. Well, they pinged us, they probably know are exact location, or close to it.” Dax checked a couple more instruments on his Communications gauntlet. what would I do with you?

“alright then, as soon as the door opens open fire, even if nobody is there.” Doc moved his fingers signaling them to get ready. All they needed to do was bust the lock and fire would erupt.

Slowly Doc counted down with his fingers. When he got to one the door came open and they all pressed there triggers. Stench started to filter through their masks. Great the filter's are broken. was the first that came to Dax's Mind, only to realize he hadn't exactly turned it on. great.

Screams could be heard as they advanced into the hangar. Other blaster fire could be seen out of Blackout's visor. this is the end, we can't beat them, they are beating down on us. The thought was true, and almost as if Doc knew it as well he looked back and gave the signal to retreat, only to get his answer with continueing blaster fire.

is this the end?the thought crept into his mind like a ghost. And before he got his answer the world started to go fuzzy.

P.s. I am not dead, just got wounded passed out... you know. Not dead only ... sleeping.

VE=My anti-Drug
Jersh
ComNet Initiate

[VE-ARMY] Corporal
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  116
October 21, 2007 2:59:42 PM    View the profile of Jersh 
As soon as the door hissed open, all hell seemed to break loose. The moment the door had opened, a wall of blaster fire erupted from both sides.  The ping of laser bolts clashing against each other filled the hall with an unimaginable racket. Jersh thought he heard Doc yelling something into the comm, but he could not hear him over all the noise. He wrapped his carbine around the corner and fired off a few shots of his own, just to keep the enemy on their toes. He heard a muffled thud and looked to see one of his fireteam, Blackout he assumed, slump down onto the floor.

With a growl of pent up rage he jumped in a roll across the floor, firing at random while taking an enemy headcount. He could make out a few people ducking for cover under his sudden assault before he came to a stop near the prone body of his comrade. Throwing his gun on its strap over his shoulder, he lifted blackout up onto his back. A bolt ricochet off Jersh’s shoulder and he dove back for his cover and threw the unconscious Blackout into the corner. He pulled his carbine up before him and saw the gun smoking. Its firing mechanism had been fried by another laser bolt.

That only served to infuriate Jersh further as his blades suddenly seemed to whip out of nowhere, his hands were a blur in drawing them. He waited only a moment for a slight break in the fire before dashing out of cover and running low along the ground up the hall. “COVER ME!” Jersh yelled, hoping for some cover fire as he made his run. Thankfully someone back there heard him and precisely aimed shots guided his way along the expanse. A pair of blasters came up over the side of a make-shift barricade and were shortly followed by the heads of what appeared to be a mercenary group. Reaching into his primal being, Jersh reacted and depended entirely upon his instincts.

The laser bolts splashed against the floor where Jersh has been a moment before, only to jump to the side even before the shots were fired. Zig-zagging along the corridor to dodge the fire, he climbed up the wall unnaturally fast. As he reached the top he leapt out in a half flip. He twisted in midair to face the way he had come, as well as the backs of three enemy soldiers. Two were already downed from the laser fire his team had been spraying at them. His blades flashed before him as he set about his brutal work to finish the job. Bloodcurdling screams echoed across the short expanse to the rest of the team and the laser fire seemed to stop for just a moment.

Jersh came rolling backwards and rested his back against the side of the barricade visible to his squad, laser bolts whizzed past him as he narrowly escaped. His blades were bloodied and drips stained the floor as he motioned to his team to advance. “More on the other side” He managed to gasp between deep breaths. He had pushed his body hard in that short burst of speed.
Blackout
ComNet Novice

Blackout

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  92
October 22, 2007 8:57:31 PM    View the profile of Blackout 
“I am proud of you son. Don't give up, fight it.” The voice was familiar, all his senses were on high alert, yet he couldn't understand it. He knew who it was though.

“Father? I thought, I thought, you were dead.” Dax finally started to come to, but only in his mind.

“Yes, but I still live, in you.” The man that looked similar to Dax in looks, except a lot older. Started walking towards Dax. Automatically out of Training he got into a defense position which alarmed His dad somewhat.

“This can't be happening..”

“I am here, just listen to me, you can fight this. Wake up, your destiny isn't complete.” His father had offended him by saying that when he was alive. Now it made it worse.

“NO I don't have a destiny, SHUT UP!!!” why am I busting out at.. a ghost? was Dax losing his mind?

“fight it, you have not yet completed your destiny, don't give up now... don't give up..”

“NOOO DON'T GO!!!” But it was already to late, he was gone, and so was the dream.

His vision was still blurred but he was starting to realize where he was at. The smell of burnt flesh and blaster fire started to waft into his helmet, he almost though he was dead, but he saw jersh and knew this couldn't be heaven

“Ugh.... my.. head.” Dax was trying to get up and join the fight, he could still here firing, the battle was still going on.

“Hey sleeping beauty you woke up. And you didn't even need a kiss.” Jersh said looking down, but really quickly looking back to the battle.

“not funny.” His head was still spinning but he could understand what was going on... barely.

“Why don't you get up and help, or you could get shot again,k your choice.”Jersh was starting to get agitated and Dax knew it yet, he didn't care. He was just about to get to it except for the fact his vision was still blurry and his head was spinning like crazy

“Yea let me get on that.” Dax slowly pushed himself up, his vision started get better, yet his head was killing him.

Jersh is Dax alright?” Doc's voice came over the commlink, luckily Dax replied before jersh.

Yea Coach, just spinning in circles.

good they are starting to retreat get back into this or we may lose.” Doc's voice crackle dout.

Dax rose his rifle and started aiming randomly, hoping to god he didn't hurt one of his team mates. I
hate life.

VE=My anti-Drug
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Monkey Warfare (Eclipse Squad)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 11:35:34 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 67  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >