Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Champagne for My Real Friends... (Eclipse 8.5 II)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Champagne for My Real Friends... (Eclipse 8.5 II)
Jersh
ComNet Novice

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class
[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  29
Total Posts:  129
  RE: Champagne for My Real Friends... (Eclipse 8.5
September 17, 2007 11:14:55 PM    View the profile of Jersh 
Jersh sighed as Saphira gave him a withering look and escaped towards the cockpit apparantly to get away from him. He wondered why he made such a stupid joke in the first place and shrugged as the answer did not come to him. He secured his bag in the storage area and nodded to the other guys. Apparantly they were busy getting the ship ready for take off as he was storing his gear. Mumbling something about checking the computer navigation he made his way up to the cockpit to find.

He found Saphira up in the cockpit trying to start the preflight squenece but apparantly it was giving her some trouble. She was hitting the control panel in frustration. "Ten Minutes is too long you stupid bucket of bolts!" She yelled at the computer. Apparantly she was upset, Jersh sighed and slipped behind her to reach past and touch a few buttons on  the control panel.

"If you eliminate the steps that is not neccesary for blasting out of here you can cut the prep time in half" Jersh whispered an explantion as he reprogrammed the computer. "It is useful quick takeoffs in bad situations" Jersh said, his tone seemed for infer that he spoke from past experience. He realized that his body was perhaps too close close to her for comfort and backed away, his eyes looking at the panel still.

"Look..... im sorry about that stupid joke earlier..... I....dont know what was going through my mind then" He said, his voice rather awkwardly and he shifted backwards. "Well.... im sure the team needs me for something" He muttered and moved to head back towards the enterence of the ship, his movements still a little sluggish from the lack of blood.
Saphira Striker
ComNet Novice

Saphira Striker

Post Number:  27
Total Posts:  1385
September 17, 2007 11:45:48 PM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Saph looked at Jersh for a moment. He appeared truly sorry for what he said but like it mattered to her really. The temptation to pop him in the jaw was tremendous as she sighed as she stored what he said about the ship in the back of her mind. "No problem. It's not that it bothered me." she replied, turning her head to him as she sat in the co-pilots seat.

Jersh stopped and turned to look at her. "Then what?" He asked, leaning on the wall for support. "It's..personnal.." She replied and pointed to the pilots chair. "Sit, I doubt we'll be going anywhere for a few minutes and your wounded."

"So are you." he stated back but took the open chair with welcome. Saph felt slightly uncomfortable but she herself enjoyed the moment of having time to site and relax. Jersh looked at her arm with interest as she gave a tentative smile.

"So how did -"

"Frag went off early." Closing her eyes for a moment.

"I kinda heard that but how?" He asked in disbelief knowing that all their weapons are always well cared for and never faulty like that.

"Wicket.." She replied as Jersh blinked a few times. Obviously interested and she couldn't tell if surprised or not. "He was in front of me on the catwalk non-stop talking and stopped suddenly. I dropped my duffel and I guess the Frag was damaged.. " Saphira shrugged, not sure what the reaction was going to be. "Honestly it's no big deal. I've had worse when I was in the academy. It really does look worse then it feels." Well it wasn't the whole truth. The bacta patch kept the majority of the pain cut off. Either way she was going to need more medical treatment when they all got out of here.
[This message has been edited by Saphira Striker (edited September 17, 2007 11:47:12 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Saphira Striker (edited September 17, 2007 11:49:52 PM)]
Jersh
ComNet Novice

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  31
September 18, 2007 12:07:12 AM    View the profile of Jersh 
Jersh sighed and a slight smile cross his lips, though he hardly found her injury humerous. "Leave it to him to mess things up" he mumbled softly and reached forward, hesitating slightly before taking her arm in his hands gently. "Let me see it for a moment" He whispered and  gently ran his fingers over her skin. It was smoother than he thought, though to be honest he had never really been this close to  a Twi'lek.... or a woman like Saphira at all.

He held her arm a moment longer, though he was sure she hated it. "I would not trust him within twenty yards of your gear again Saphira" He said, a rather pathetic attempt at a joke, but he hoped he could get her to smile even just a little. He looked at the prep timer of the computer, it was halfway through preperation for take-off and he had not heard any blasterfire outside the ship....yet. He shifted his gaze back to find Saphira still staring at him, and he realized he was still holding her arm.

"Oh.. s-sorry" Jersh mumbled and tenderly let go of her arm which she withdrew quickly to set back in a sling she had fashioned out of her own outfit. "Say Saphira.... Why did you become a fighter?" He asked her casually as he stared out the viewpanel and into the stars that shimmered outside of the station. He wondered why a girl like her, Beautiful by any race's standards, decided to join the troopers. He was sure it was a matter of circumstance, but...... he wondered if there was more to the story than what he could assume.

He suddenly realzied just how personal the question he asked was and looked away "Im sorry, I should not have asked that" He said and decided to stay silent. He mentally cursed himself for being such an idiot
Saphira Striker
ComNet Novice

Saphira Striker

Post Number:  29
Total Posts:  1385
September 18, 2007 12:35:51 AM    View the profile of Saphira Striker 
Pulling her arm back she felt a cool shudder roll down her back. He was at least gentle with her wound. Much better then most would have been. Saph remembered back int he academy when one of the cadets  tripped comming out of the sim and tore his akelies tendon. The screams the poor kid did. Added to the fact that the medic on call had a student with him learning on the job and caused even more injury to him.

"Say Saphira.... Why did you become a fighter?"

His question brought her back into the present. She blinked for a few and almost looked startled. It wasn't something  that anyone had asked her very often. When he apoligied she shook her head. "No it's alright. Im sure you would find out sooner or later." Jersh arched an eyebrow.Can't be any worse then my own reasons He thought.

Licking her lips the Twi'lek  gave a small smile. "I was actually forced into service. Taken away from my parents when I was a young child and raised int he academy." The look in her eyes gave the impression that there was a whole lot more to it then simply that. Jersh urdged her to go on.

"From the time I was a small child I guess I had always been a rebel. I could have had it all." Looking at him intently for a moment. "My parents were and are to my knowladge, wealthy merchants on Coruscant. My mother wanted me to be a 'lady' and my father didn't know what to do with me. I just did things my way. Snuck out of the grounds and made friends witht he locals. I  started racing speeders int he garbage pits and could fix about anything thanks to my studies and connections  to that status."

She paused for a moment, catching her breath. "It was because of  doing stuff like that I caught the attention of local imperials and was forced froom home soon after." Saphira finished. The story much more to it but Jersh was going to have to ask for deepr questions.
Alater Osted
ComNet Initiate

Alater Osted

Post Number:  158
Total Posts:  614
September 18, 2007 12:56:35 AM    View the profile of Alater Osted 
Alater headed for the back compartments. They were always the coldest areas, the most secluded, and right now Alater needed his body to cool down. Due to his scales that took longer for him then most reptilian species, but it would still eventually happen. As the stolen ship's engines revved up, Alater slumped to the floor of the cargo bay. His jet black scales were oozing under his scars. Alater tried to cover them up, and whipe away the blood and ooze, but it was no use. He was just too weak.

"Alater...?" Came Doc's familar voice from the front of the cargo hold. Thumping was to be heard, along with a curse as Doc ran into a durasteel container. The container smashed to the ground, and its contents filtered through the ground, and oh how they sounded like metal rain.

"Alater, are you alright?" Doc said, as he took out a flashlight and found Alater, his large jet black form slumped on the floor. His eyes had gone from their angry feral yellow, to their sky blue. Riqimo cursed as reached for a bacta patch, but Alater grabbed his hand.

"Brother, I must face this myself. I am strong, I am long fang! I will live to Hunt again. The Shadow must be turned away by the Darkness. Please, I ask you as my Brother, and my Death Leader, let me face this alone." Alater said, as his hand slipped away.

As Shadow closed in around him, Alater remembered. He remembered the strong scent of home, the roars of his Kin as they batteled over females, he remembered the blood of his Brother, washing over him. Through it all he had been alone, as was the Black Arm way. They took no true mates, and lived only for the clan. Since he had become Long Fang, that could have changed, but he stayed the same.

The day he had returned home had possibly been the worst. The makeshift squad that had followed him to the surface had been his responsibility, and his alone, yet he feeled he had failed them. He had led them into trap after trap, and in the end he had disgraced himself in battle. Not only had he payed deeply for defeat, he had submitted himself to the bloodrage. Black as his scales, Alater's eyes had burned a stare into his opponent, shear supprise giving the much needed opening, but it still wasn't enough. Victory wasn't enough, no he needed more, he had needed blood. Blood he had had.

The shear terror on his squad mate's faces had been hard enough, but when he returned, only to be turned away by the den, that had been the hardest. Ever since, the hospital, the ball, the mission, it had all been a struggle, and this was its summit. Here he could come face to face with his fears, and defeat them, like he had done every other opponent in his life.

When Alater awoke, he found Doc kneeling next to him. He had some kind of scanner device in his hand, and was cursing at it in a very strange language. When Doc looked up, he smiled, and squeezed Alater's big shoulder.

"Glad to see you back with us big boy. You going to be alright?" Doc asked, as he began to wrap the last of his seventeen scars. Alater nodded, and winced as Doc finished. He tried to stand up, but just couldn't.

"I'm sorry Death Leader, I have failed you. I have not properly taken care of these wounds, but it is more then that. I let a less experienced squad member fight a dangerous fight I could have easily handled. I failed to protect that same Death Member from metal I could have easily taken myself. I have shown weakness infront of you and the Squad. I am unfit for duty." Alater said, his head hanging.

"I understand Alater, but none of that is your fault. We're going to be leaving as soon as Beta gets back. We'll talk about this then." Riqimo said, as he turned and left to see the rest of the squad.
TRP/PFC Alater Osted/2ndSQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
Eclipse Squad
StormPlatoon
Sagenhaft Deutscher
Riqimo
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Initiate
[VE-VEEC] Scripter

Post Number:  858
Total Posts:  2382
September 18, 2007 3:42:15 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Riq knew enough of Alater by now that he shouldn't push the Barabel for answers unless there was something that merited the risk of going to far.  Right now though wasn't that time.  Riq had to worry about the safety of his squad.  Alater was the most seriously injured, having blacked out just moments ago.  Riq had just ordered the scaly tower, at least compared to his height, to rest a bit.

Jersh and Saph are in the cockpit I believe.  Getting the ship systems set.  Both injured, but not too severely.  Hearing the sounds of a firefight just outside, Riqimo unshouldered his rifle in one quick fluid motion that came with extensive practice and ran for the loading ramp.  He came out a little late to a finished battle, Wicket and Rike had been standing guard outside the craft.  Still not sure what happened earlier with Saph back there with the grenade...

"Hey Doc, bit late aren't ya?" Jelly shouted in his familiar scorning, frustrated tone.

Riqimo returned the mockery, "Well you didn't save any for me."  Chuckling at Jelly's huff, the squad leader nodded to the other two members of beta fire team, also known as the Night Hawke Team.  "Good to see you guys made it out fine.  Hell of a first mission."

Riq was already on the ramp motioning for his team to follow quickly out of the chaos that was sure to come as soon as they engaged the final cut in the defenses.

"You might want to buckle up and fast.  Hell of a ride coming up." Riqimo turned back for a quick wink the squad, "It will beat Cartwheel's piloting I promise that."  Jogging up to the cockpit, Riq saw the troopers he had asked earlier sitting in the two pilot chairs, talking to each other while pushing a few buttons.

"Sorry to interrupt, but it is time to get the hell outta here.  You got the ship powered up and everything?"

Jersh nodded nonchalantly, "Ya, you blow that last box and we are outta here."

"Will do," Riq confirmed as he pulled out the remote detonator for the explosives he had put in one of the wire boxes.  Blowing that would cut tractor beams and defense cannons in the area, giving them the required window to power themselves to hyperspace and escape.  Although the minute explosion was not heard, the alarms, now louder than before, gave warning of the now offline defenses.  Looking out the pilot's window Riqimo groaned, "The damn airlock doors are closing, we gotta rush this."

"Easy do," Saph took the controls of her co pilot seat.

"You have had pilot training?" Riq blinked, a little uneasy.

"Can't be too much different from a repulosorlift." she muttered as she pushed the craft to full speed at the closing opening.

Her squad leader had been standing behind her just before the sudden acceleration, forcing him to crash into the nav computer wall.  Shaking his head vigourously to clear it, Riqimo tried to grasp one of the safety straps dangling from the ceiling out of his grasp.  Making a slight jump, he managed to catch them and dangled about an inch above the ground.  Wonderful... and... I'm facing the wrong way... perfect.  Straining to look over his shoulder to see their progress, Riq was completely unable to glance out the cockpit's transparisteel panes without letting go of his supposedly safe position.

'Supposedly' was the keyword there, as Jersh let the ship make a few rapid calculations and then hit them into hyperspace.  The jump from real space to hyperspace isn't that bad if you are sitting or have a firm grip on something solid.  Unfortunately for Riq, the straps were far from solid and swung him towards the nav computer wall once again.  There was an audible snap of on of the straps breaking and he must have let go of the other for some reason, as he was looking at the map of the galaxy literally with his face right against it for the second time.

... ow... ch  Riqimo shook his head a little more to clear the cobwebs knocked loose.  Once his bearings were gained, he turned to Saph, "We're gonna need to leave hyperspace for about 30 minutes to identify our little, humble ship before it gets blasted when we pull out near our own forces.  After the hell we been through, friendly fire isn't exactly how I want to go."

OOC:
Basically we have to be out of hyperspace to transmit messages. We pop out for a while, say "Hi" to the VE fleet there, let them know we are coming in, give them our ship's signature.  Pick up their address, etc.  Then a nice 45 minute hyperspace jump to where we can get pickup up by an ISD.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Imperial Network Star Wars Image

SL/GSG Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA
[CotE][EW1][ES2][BC]

Author/SCP Riqimo/Lotaith/VET/VE
Jersh
ComNet Novice

[VE-VEEC] Journalist

Post Number:  35
September 18, 2007 7:53:21 AM    View the profile of Jersh 
Jersh suppressed a laugh as Doc's face flattened against the Navigation screen again, his face didn't even shower a flicker of emotion. "Didn't you see the fasten seat belts light?" Jersh said dryly and tossed a look at Saph before checking their course. "We should get a few hundred clicks between us and the station before dropping out for a sub-space communication" Jersh recommended and checked his charts.

"ETA, 30 seconds until real space" Jersh said, carefully monitoring the computer. He glanced at the others in the back checking to see their status. Although shaken by the rather rough exit, they seemed more of less fine. He hit the switch as they eased into real space and Jersh rose in the zero G gravity, pushing himself towards an empty corner to free up the pilot chain. He let himself float as he heard Doc preparing a message to send to their forces. Jersh hoped Doc remembered to order a cease fire on this ship.

Closing his eyes he felt his wounds keenly now that all of the action was over. Adrenaline had that effect it seemed, but only now did he feel the full effect of just how far he had pushed his body past the limit. He clenched his jaw in pain but luckily he was facing the wall as he lost control of his face. The gash in his chest was by far the worst and his body ached as it tried to pump his limited supply of blood to his body. His clothing was stained a dark red, it would probably never wash clean anymore. He had lost so much....

Jersh struggled to open his eyes but could not find the strength nor the willpower to do so. The danger was over, he had no further use to the group. His mind caught one last imagine of a figure floating towards him before sleep pulled him in to its undeniable embrace.
ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Champagne for My Real Friends... (Eclipse 8.5 II)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:21:48 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 153  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >