Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Collision Course (Eclipse Chapter 8.5 Aurek IIIa)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Collision Course (Eclipse Chapter 8.5 Aurek IIIa)
Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  603
Total Posts:  2382
  RE: Collision Course (Eclipse Chapter 8.5 Aurek II
July 13, 2007 2:53:56 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
OOC:
Okay, Jag you had plenty of time, Jelly you did as well.  Be sure to read this post everyone, we have a objective now.  Plan is detailed below.

Bizza's Shack - Operation House
Operation Time: 11700 Hours
Local Time: 0830 Hours

Riqimo glanced around at the flimsi covered walls and then turned to his squad, who had pulled chairs into the room.  Hawkins and Riqimo had called for a pre-assault briefing in the crowded room.

"Sorry for the mess, Eclipse," Riq gestured around the room, "But we finally have an assault plan, and Griffin here will guide ya'll through it.  For those that haven't met him yet, Griffin is a tactician assigned to our squad.  Go ahead, mate."

Thomas Griffin nodded at the squad leader and began in his perpetually calm voice, "Hello there Eclipse, now what we have here is a very high security facility that we must sabotage.  Let me begin by presenting the defenses to you.  There are military speeders on patrol every single second of the day; their patrol paths vary, however, they are confined to a 250 kilometer radius around the outer wall.  These speeders are painted jet black, and are equipped to be silenced.  The NR doesn't want much attention drawn to themselves and keep the are under very high security.  This outer wall is simply a ten meter high electronic fence.  There are guard towers posted at regular intervals, and the guards within them are able to decrease or increase the voltage, or even shut off parts of the fence.  There are highly trained snipers authorized to use deadly force in these towers."

"Once past that, you will encounter a second wall about 500 meters in, this one is duracrete reinforced with plasteel, about 5 meters thick.  This should be our easiest obstacle, as this 15 meter high wall is simply to keep prying eyes out of the base.  Inside this base, there will be approximately 5 companies of troops total, NR and milita."

"Any successful attack would have to be in the form of a multi-prong assault... one party shall create a disturbance and get most of the garrison to respond while a second element penetrated the perimeter and attempted to disable the sensor net, creating a secondary diversion, while a third element actually penetrated into the base to attempt and perform sabotage. "

"Yes, even this plan has a few serious problems. First of all, ANY diversion is likely to bring blaster fire as a response. Also, at the slightest hint of a problem, I would imagine the entire complex goes on lockdown and extra guards are placed at all buildings."

"We will begin engagement at night. They won't be ready for a raid like we have planned at night.  You will have a wonderful assortment of equipment, Andrew will brief you on that," Griffin nodded towards the tech, "Go ahead Hawkins."

The slicer ran a hand through his short brown hair and held up an unusually designed headset, "This is the EAVH, Eclipse Audio Visual Headset, it gives you all communication without a helmet or the need for a separate comlink.  The eye piece provides normal vision, thermal, and night filters."

"In addition," Hawkins displayed a grenade-like object in his right hand, "This is a MID, Motion Insensor Disposable, you simply pull the pin and leave it on the ground.  This nifty gadget will emit a low frequency noise that disables any kind of motion sensor or audio listening device for about twenty meters."

"As for weaponry, most of it will be provided by the resistance group, as you gave them plenty of weaponry and they are more than happy to share some of it."

Griffin retook the center of the room and resumed his lecture on the assault plan, "Thank you Hawkins.  Now, we will not have any assistance from the resistance group, a war with the NR is not exactly what they wish at this time, and so we need to make this an Imperial assault.  So those that are in the first two groups will be in Stormtrooper armor, hence you will not need the EAVH."

"Group one, your team is Mustang, Brightstar, Scooter, and Jag.  Group Two, you are Jelly, Lain, and RK.  And Group Three, Riqimo, Wicket, Hawkins, and Goblin.  Yes I know I changed some things around from your fire teams, but I read through your files and assigned you where your skills would be best suited."

"Group Three, you will start here in the city on the roof of an office building at approx. 1500 hours local time.  You will be launched in hang gliders from that roof and will fly towards the base.  At 1900 hours local, Group One will, under the cover of darkness, form a diversion on the eastern side of the base, you will have a few e-webs set up.  We got a few minor resistance troopers to help out, but they are untrained.  1930 hours, a distraction on the north side will be made by group two, you will snipe, fire mortar shells, and the like, trying to keep on the move, going towards Group One."

"By 2000 hours local, Group Three should be 1 kilometer away from the base, and will release themselves from the hang gliders and use their jetpacks to insert themselves.  Such a small target should not be noticed if you fly with a good distance between yourselves.  The added distractions of the other two groups should get you in undetected, provided you do not draw attention to yourselves.  Once in, you will sabotage the base, Riqimo has a plan that he will execute."
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

"Stormtroopers don't die; they just go to hell to regroup."

Eclipse Squad

SL/SGT Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES2]

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited July 14, 2007 11:04:41 AM)]
Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  180
Total Posts:  378
July 13, 2007 8:48:04 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
After the meeting, Wicket went to go get ready. Knowing that this would be the best, yet hardest part of the mission. It's do or die time now. Time to be brave. Wicket thought to himself. No longer did Wicket want to be the weakest one of the squad. He had been on a few missions now and he knew it was time to become a strong trooper.

After preparing for the upcoming task, Wicket headed back to where the others were meeting. "You ready Wick?" Riqimo asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be. I plan on making people proud this time round." Wicket replied with a smile that had a glow that he had never had before.

Riq smiled. "Good. I know you won't fail us. Now let's get to that building."

Riqimo, Wicket, Hawkins, and Goblin all headed out the door. The other two teams stayed back and discussed more of what they were to do.

Mustang gathered Brightstar and Scooter around. "So, do we all know what we are to do?" Mustang asked. The group nodded. "Alright then. Let's get going."

The group left the room with all the equipment they would need. The streets were dark, which would help with protection. Not very many people were walking in the streets. Soon the group approached the base from the east side. Staying back some, but still close enough to observe without being detected, the group surveyed the perimeters. They figured out where some of the snipers might be located. "Hey guys," Brightstar whispered. "I think there might be snipers up there somewhere. I thought I saw moving." She said as she pointed to the top of the building.

Mustang used her EAVH. "We are at the eastern part of the base. We should be going in soon. Just observing some activity at the moment."

------Meanwhile------

Riqimo and the rest of his group were getting strapped up for their decent to the base. Hawkins gathered the others around. "I want to have a little pep talk. Listen, there is no one that is going to stop us. We are damn good troopers and we will successfully complete this. Got it?" The others nodded. "Good. Now just remember, once we release from the hang gliders keep a good distance apart from each other.

"Ready?" Riqimo asked. They all looked at each other and nodded. The group departed.

------------

Mustang used her EAVH to contact someone from group two. "You guys we need help we just did what we needed to and just waiting for you where are you?"

"We are on the way right now. Just try to keep low." Jelly said.

"We'll try. Hurry up."

------------

Wicket was gliding through the air enjoying the veiw. He began daydreaming. Suddenly he regained composure when a gust of air hit him hard. As he focused his eyes, he noticed that the base was geting closer. "Looks like it's time guys." Riqimo said through the EAVH. They left the hang gliders and used the Jetpacks and decended to base.
EclipseSquad

TRP/CPL Wicket/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES2]

E to the C to the L-I-P-S-E
[This message has been edited by Wicket (edited July 14, 2007 5:19:21 PM)]
Jelly Bean
ComNet Member

Jelly Bean

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  488
Total Posts:  811
July 16, 2007 1:52:03 PM    View the profile of Jelly Bean 
Jelly loaded up the new speeder that Lain and RK had secured earlier that morning. The back had enough space to load the Mortar and Launcher the rebels had acquired for this particular attack.  Rk hoped into the drivers seat and reved the engine.

"Yall ready to go yet?" He asked only receiving a glare from Lain who was strapping down the mortars and the launcher as well as concealing them with a couple bags.

Jelly sat in the passenger seat testing the headset while making sure the armor plates under his clothes where well concealed. His sniper lay along his side concealed by the door and his Riot Suppression rifle sat under the dashboard.

Lain hopped into the back seat and patted the back of RK's seat motioning for them to go. Jelly decided to leave earlier than the other two groups so that they could set up in the dark of light as well as make sure nothing bad happened before the other groups arrived there.

After about a two hour drive they reached the area that they where gonna be on which overlooked the base. Jelly used the little grenades to disable any sensors which would give away their location.

After nearly an hour the small squad was fully set up for their mission.  Jelly sat a couple meters off with his Deathwind trained on the base. He toke this time to watch troop movements. The guard watches changed about ever hour and a half. Though each tower changed at different times. As well as there was never a time when at least three speeders weren't present patrolling about five meters from the energy fence.

"Ok Guys hold on we should be seeing some action soon." Jelly said quietly over the headset.

As if on cue some fire broke out coming from the eastern side of the base.

"Dammit Rebels have started." Jelly cursed quietly as he lined up his sight on a solider who was manning an anti infantry turret. The Deathwind kicked back and the man's head exploded  his body slumping to the side causing the turret to tilt and fall to the ground.

"Fire the mortar start at the fence's guard towers." Jelly ordered over the mic. A couple moments later a mortar exploded taking out the support of one of the towers which tilted heavily. A second mortar blew the top out killing the guards rushing around inside.

Jelly loaded up tracers in his rifle and fired at the towers to give close coordinates for their targets.

"I hope we get this over quickly." Jelly said quietly as he toke the life of another solider down in the base.
Eclipse Squad
{ComNet Nazi}
FTC/CPL Jelly Bean/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath[EW1C][ES1C]
Jayne: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here.
Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  614
July 16, 2007 3:44:14 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
On cue, e-webs light up part of the night ahead of Riqimo, flashes of deadly light coming from about twenty resistance force members and the four Eclipsers.  There was some return fire, but nothing comparable to the barrage that the first group was managing.

Glancing to his left, Riqim spotted a dark shadow, Hawkins, who kept a distance of about 100 meters from the Squad Leader.  Casually switching his night vision filter on with a switch, the landscape below Riq immediately became brighter, and the base up ahead was much more visible.  With a clack of the tongue, Riqimo turned on his com and called up Jelly, "Jelly you have a speeder inbound, eta 15 minutes.  Either get away or take them out.  5 o'clock."

"Roger that, Doc." Jelly acknowledged, while Riqimo leaned to his right to bring his glider straight to the base.  He then pulled up comms with the rest of his group, "Okay, we are headed directly south, we should fly over Jelly's group in ten minutes.  He took out many of the guard towers, or has their attention.  They won't be looking for black clad soldiers on black hang gliders with jetpacks.  We will go over their base for a while and then release ourselves from the hang gliders.  We don't want the gliders crashing in the base, as that may give them a hint of our presence.  Once released, use your jetpack only to slow your decent onto a building, else they may see the flare. Any questions?"

The group gave no response, "Good, I will tell you when to detach."

...  ...  ...

"Detach!" Riqimo urgently whispered into the comm.  He quickly undid the strap that held him secure to the hang glider and swung himself below the pole before releasing his grip to enter free fall.  Free fall... I hate free fall.  But at least I don't have to do a HALO this time  To Riqimo's left, the flashes of the e-webs were continuing.  Behind him, it was silent, which either suggested that that group was safely evading the enemy, or dead.  Riqimo sincerely hoped for the former.

The tallest building of five or six stories, maybe seven, Riqimo couldn't quite tell at the speed he was falling the exact number.  Rapidly decelerating at 100 meters from the building's room, Riqimo managed to softly land on the roof.  The other three members of his group also landed moments after.

After everyone had stashed their jetpacks into a hiding spot and checked their weapons, Riqimo gave orders, "Stealth is paramount for this task.  We need to get out undetected; we are outnumbered by hundreds in here.  So we will go down this building, placing a charge on the main support beam on each floor.  You all carried ten charges with you each.  I know they may be heavy, but we will need almost every one.  As we complete each charge, think of it as a burden lifted not only off yourself, but off of the Vast Empire.  Now, let us start with this building."

Riqimo switched his vision to thermal to scan ahead for enemies, and had the floor plan of the building overlaid on top of that.  Drawing his silenced slugthrower pistol, Riq carefully eased open the roof access door to prevent a possible creak and tiptoed forward on his soft-soled boots, gun pointed straight ahead.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited July 16, 2007 3:44:50 PM)]
Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  185
July 16, 2007 4:23:42 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
Riqimo led the group down the hall, due to him using the thermal scan. He also had the floor plan to the building. The group of four snuck through the halls trying to avoid confrontation of any kind. If anyone of the troopers got shot, chances are, they wouldn't live. Carrying ten charges was very risky in enemy territory but they could also be very effective if used right.

Continuing down the hall of the top floor, Riqimo spotted some movement on his thermal scan. Not wanting to make any noise,, he waved his hand back to the group, signaling them to move back. Oh man, I don't want to end this way. Wicket thought to himself, trying to build confidence. As he was scooting back, he took out his pistol just incase of an enemy attack.

After a few moments Riqimo signaled that it was clear to move ahead. Riqimo whispered to Wicket, who was right behind him, that the support beam was close. "Alright Wicket. If it's ok with you, I want you to place the charge. Make it quick. We want to get out of here as fast as we can." Riqimo whispered. "The main beam should be right around this corner, you can't miss it. I'll keep in touch via comlink. I don't see any movement around here but just be aware of anything you hear."

"Will do." Wicket said. He took the lead of the group and traveled down to the end of the hall. The other troopers, Riqimo, Goblin, and Hawkins, stayed to the edge of walls. Wicket ran quietly to the beam. While looking around, he took out the charge. He quickly set it. He picked such a spot to set it, that if you were casually walking by, you would not be able to see it. A trooper would have to be looking for such a thing to notice.

After Wicket was done he rushed to the rest of the group. "I'm done. You barely notice it. But I think I heard something. I also could be hearing things. I'm not sure." Wicket whispered.

"Let me see." Riqimo said. He looked at his thermal scanner and didn't see any movement. "Well I don't see anything. Anywho good job. Let's go to the next one."
EclipseSquad

[This message has been edited by Wicket (edited July 16, 2007 5:02:32 PM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  615
July 16, 2007 4:55:48 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
The top level of the six story building was probably going to be the easiest, it wasn't the most used.  Deciding the turbo-lift was way too risky to use, Riq motioned the squad towards the stairs, almost there, a heat signature drifted in front of Riqimo, and the Squad Leader paused suddenly, closing the eye looking through the thermal filter.  He was able to see a tech refilling his caf mug at a caf maker.  If the tech turned slightly to his left, he would see four black clad men, one pointing a silence pistol at him.  Riqimo carefully looked to his sides with the thermal but could not see another person around.  Taking a careful aim, he fired.  The body fell to the floor with a thud muted by the thick, plushy carpet.  Riq hurried towards the body and checked the vitals.  Dead

Whispering into the comm, Riqimo ordered Goblin, the strongest of the group, "Put his body in a closet somewhere.  Don't want him to be discovered."

Goblin nodded and opened a small cupboard near the tech.  I guess that works too

... ... ...

On the level just below, the fifth level, Riqimo found the best way to lay a charge was to insert themselves into a small office and place the charge against the wall.  The only thing between them was a keypad locked door.  Hawkins was at work trying to slice the keypad to give them access to the charge site.  Meanwhile Goblin was preparing to prime his charge and the other two troopers, Riq and Wicket, were sweeping their guns and head slowly to watch for any threat.  After about two minutes Hawkins had sliced the door and Goblin went in to place the second charge out of six for the building.  The group would then descend another level via the stairwell to set charge number three.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  186
July 16, 2007 5:50:41 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
Two charges were set. The group needed to go down the stairwell to get to the third charge. Making their way to the steps, they kept a look out for any wandering soldiers that there may have been. There were none. The steps were just feet ahead. Right when the group opened the door, an enemy came out. With a quick pull of the trigger from Goblin, The man fell to the ground with a thump. "Take care of him someone." Goblin said.

"Wow that was quick reflexes." Wicket said picking up the man and throwing him behind some boxes in the corner of the room.

"Yeah, I've been practicing." Goblin said while doing some karate like moves. "Anyway, enough chit chat. Let's go."

The group headed down the steps with a quickness in their stride. They didn't want to waste one minute. Once reaching the bottom of the steps Hawkins led the group. He tried to open the door, but it was locked. He took out his tools and started picking at the door. After a few seconds, the door opened and he peeked his head to see if anyone was near. The coast was clear. The group lurked through the halls looking for any enemy in sight. This backpack is getting heavy. Wicket thought as he re ajustded the pack to make it more comfortable.

The group continued down the halls. Soon they saw the beam right next to some lockers. "Hawkins you think you can do this one?" Riqimo asked.

"Sure. Just cover me. I don't want to die just yet." Hawkins replied. "I'll put the charge in one of those lockers so it will be undetected." Hawkins tip toed over to the lockers, making sure no enemy was in sight. He made it to the lockers safely. He picked out one of the lockers that was closer to the beam so it would do more damage. The others were watching from the other direction and around the corner.

Once Hawkins had placed the charge, he turned around quickly and saw a large man standing behind him. "What do you think you are doing." The man said. The man drew his pistol. Before he could pull the trigger, Hawkins grabbed his arm and twisted it around to his back. With his other hand he grabbed the mans neck and snapped it like a twig. The large man slid to the floor not making much noise. Hawkins picked up the man and placed him in the locker with the charge. I think Jelly would like this. Hawkins thought to himself as he headed back to the group.

The group met up, and Hawkins explained what happened. "Well at least you are safe." Wicket said. At least it wasn't me "Riqimo, on to the next charge. You lead the way again. We will play a game of follow the leader." Wicket joked.
EclipseSquad

Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  617
July 16, 2007 6:26:04 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Follow the leader... Riqimo chuckled to himself, that was a good laugh, unfortunately a laugh could be deadly in this game of shadows.  One sound can give them away to an alert person, one sound could get them killed.  A large bang was heard, the sound of a mortar shell exploded within the base.  Perfect, friendly fire possibilities, well it can help prevent our discovery.

Another blast shook the building, this time much harder, Riq stole a glance out the window and saw it had hit the side of the building.  Riqimo's thoughts were immediately disrupted by a thermal figure out of the corner of his filter, a man was opening the door to the room they were in.  Without a second thought, Riqimo fired the bullet right through the door, the figure dropped straight to the ground and stopped moving.  Riqimo blinked and signaled his squad to be ready, Riq should have waited for the door to open to minimize sound, but the figure had caught him by surprise.

Goblin finished opening the door and looked both ways down the hallway before checking the man's body.  "Nice shot Doc, got him right through the throat."  He looked uneasily at Doc, not sure what his Squad Leader was capable of, If he could hit a man in the throat through a door, killing him almost instantly, what else could he do?

Riqimo was just as surprised at the shot as everyone else, he had simply reacted without a though.  It was strange, the sudden reaction.  It was the stress, it had to be the stress.  What else could possibly make him react like that?  Stress is not bad, it keeps me alert, I just can't let it overpower and control me...

"Doc, next charge is yours, go ahead, I'll cover you." Goblin pointed to a small room.

"Yeah, thanks." Doc took a charge off of his belt and started to prime it, entering the proper sequence... Was is red-blue-red or red-red-blue? Ah, red-blue-red  Once Riq had primed the charge and set it to explode when the signal was sent.  He hid it in an air vent near the floor against the wall that the support beam was behind.  Stepping out of the room, he saw two more dead men, with his three troopers carefully moving towards another small room, there was a familiar "Fliss" of a silence slug being fired, and a soft thud when Goblin threw the door open.  Riqi shook his head and began to stash one of the bodies under a desk in the room he had placed the charge.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  187
July 16, 2007 7:18:27 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
We are almost done. Keep it together Wicket. You are doing good so far. Wicket thought to himself. He was truly becoming a better trooper by the second. After the brief day dream, he came back to reality and focused on the mission at hand.

So far the group had been fairly lucky with avoiding being detected by enemies. The group hoped that luck would be a lady. They headed down the steps and into the next floor. Riqimo held his hand up, signaling the group to stop. He saw movement coming from both sides of the hall, left and right. He pointed at Wicket and motioned for him to get on the left wall, and Goblin to get on the right wall. "When the two people come, kill them." Riqimo ordered. "Hawkins, watch the stairwell that we just came from." Hawkins nodded.

A few seconds passed and The enemy coming from Goblin's direction came into view. In a heartbeat, Goblin grabbed the man and snapped his neck. That seemed to be the easiest way without making too much noise. Hawkins left his post for a second to grab the dead man and place him under the steps. The man coming from Wicket's side seemed to have stopped. "Doc...what's taking this guy so long?" Wicket asked.

"I'm not sure. He is still coming this way. Can you peek out and see what's going on?" Riqimo replied. Wicket looked around the corner but didn't see anything.

"I don't see anything. Do you think he could be in the ceiling?" Wicket asked.

"I spose so." Doc replied with confusion as to not knowing where the man was. "Oh well we are wasting time. Wicket you could place this one. Its just right down the hall to the left. I don't see any motion yet."

"Alright. I'll go." Wicket said. Yet... Wicket became scared after hearing that but he couldn't let it get to him. He continued down the hall with his blaster drawn just incase someone snuck up on him. He located the beam. He searched around for a place to put the charge. Looking around, Wicket saw a table to the corner of the room. I could put it under there. He thought to himself. He began to place the charge with ease. He was very used to this line of work. Once finished he headed back to the group.

"No enemies this time." Wicket whispered. "Well did you ever find out where that other guy was?"

"No but we need to get out. According to my thermal scan, he is right on us." Riqimo said with fear. "Let's go now!"
EclipseSquad

Jelly Bean
ComNet Member

Jelly Bean

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  490
July 16, 2007 8:04:58 PM    View the profile of Jelly Bean 
"Roger that." Jelly confirmed turning to his group.

"Guys we have inbound speeders now keeping firing at the base and I'll take care of the speeder." Jelly ordered standing to a crouch  and moving down from their position to some rocks below. Behind there he got a more level view into the speeders moving towards them luckily there where only two. Each had three people in them a gunner, shotgun, and driver.

Jelly toke careful and fired three shots which toke down the first speeder.  The second speeder exploded from a mortar round.

"Thanks Guys." Jelly said over the comm climbing back up the rock face.

Getting back into position  he brought up the scope.  A laser blast scorched the rock to the right of Jelly. He began tracking around the few towers that where intact until he found the sniper. The bullet blew through the man's scope blasting the back of his head open. The man next to him looked shocked for only a second before his own head exploded.

"Ok guys prepare to pack it up in the next twenty minutes we're gonna be moving to group one's position." Jelly warned over the mic taking the life of two more soldiers in the process.

The mortars managed to take out all of the outer guard towers. This would think things easier for the Riqimo's group.

Within twenty minutes the mortar was packed up and the group made a move for group one's position on the eastern ridge with the rebels that where attacking from the position.  The rebels gave  them covering fire while the squad moved to their position.

The came to a stop at group one's position and Jelly began sniping from that position giving the rebels a bit of aid .

"How much longer is this gonna take." Jelly said to himself.
Eclipse Squad
{ComNet Nazi}
Jayne: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here.
Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  620
July 17, 2007 11:28:25 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Riqimo glanced behind him, by now the group probably though he was paranoid, not a good image for a leader.  Riq almost made it to the stairs when he swung around and saw the thermo person standing at the end of the hallway.  But his left eye, the one without a filter, registered nothing was there.  Cloaking devices...?  Riqimo's mind raced before he realized what he was seeing.  The walls on this level were durasteel, meaning they would reflect thermal back at him...  Geez, talk of being scared of your own shadow, only this time your shadow is a humanoid shape in a variety of red, orange, and yellow hues.

Riqimo nodded an 'all clear' to his group, and took the lead down the stairs to the ground floor.  Easing the stairwell door open, Riqimo stepped into an empty hallway, the last charge point straight at the end of it.  He pointed towards Goblin and gave a motion of "I'll cover you, go ahead."

The largest man of the group held his two silenced pistols at ready as he stalked down the long hallway.  Checking the basic area around him, he tucked one pistol into his belt and proceeded to prime the charge.  After about forty five seconds Goblin returned to the rest of the group, both pistols at ready.

Riqimo scanned the map on his lens quickly and found a back exit, waving a 'follow' motion, he headed towards it.  This building promised to be the easiest, as it was barely used at night, mainly only by techs trying to make a last minute deadline rush. It was an administrative office building after all.  Outside, men were scrambling around, trying to prepare an attack on the groups situated in the hills to the east.  In the chaos, the group of Eclipsers were able to sneak in the dark patches towards a storage building.  Almost there, Riqimo spotted four T2-B repulsorlift tanks headed towards the east gatehouse.  Riq needed to report that to the other two groups, else there might be a problem.

Once inside the empty storage warehouse, Riqimo quickly made contact, "This is lead, do not reply to this message.  Just be aware you have four T2-B tanks coming at you.  Jag should have a nice PLX-2 Portable Missile Launcher, be aware it only has two rounds before you have to reload.  Lead out."

That over with, Riqimo went back to trying to determine where the next couple charges were going...  "Okay, this warehouse is divided into four sections, so we will most likely use on charge per section.  Let's find a nice place for these babies to rest before one hell of a labor arouses for the base."

OOC:
Yeah metaphor needs work
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  188
July 17, 2007 12:29:43 AM    View the profile of Wicket 
Riqimo led the group over to the storage warehouse. In the dark of the night, they were not seen. The group crept into the building. No one was around, probably because of the time of day it was. "Ok you guys, according to the floor plans, there is only four rooms like I said earlier. This place should be easy. In and out in ten minutes if not faster." Riqimo said. "I'll lead the way to the first place where we need to place the charge. Then Hawkins, you can place it."

The group went the the halls of the storage building. There were many boxes of supplies and what not. Computers were everywhere, most likely to take care of inventory. It was very quiet in the room. No one was around, and there was no sign of anyone on Riqimo's thermal scan. "I don't think we will find any enemies in here, thank God." Wicket said with a sigh of relief.

They continued until they came upon the first room where the charge needed to go. "Wait you guys. I am seeing about 3 or four people in this room. I'm guessing they are technicians but not quite sure. Do you think we should head to a different room or take the risk?" Riqimo said.

"I think we could take them. We are very skilled at using our weapons, well some of us are anyway. Some of us just get lucky once in a while." Goblin said.

"Well, I say we bust open the door and do a surprise attack. They don't know we are here. At lest I don't think they know." Wicket replied.

After a few more seconds Goblin kicked in the door an shot at the men. They looked like technicians. Not much armor and didn't have any weapons on them. After the first shot that Goblin let off, the men raised their hands in surrender. "Sorry guys. Today just isn't your day." Goblin barked. He then shot at them some more. One of the technicians fell to the ground. Wicket, Hawkins, and Riqimo began to shoot as well. After a few more shots were fired all the technicians were on the ground, dead.

"Well that was easy." Wicket said with a smile on his face. "Now where to place the charge?"

"I think we should place it under one of them computers, so once the charge blows up the computer will make and extra explosion." Hawkins said.

"Good idea." Riqimo said. "We will cover your back."

Goblin went up to one of the computers toward the center of the room and got on his back. He scooted under the computer and started to place the charge. Once he was done the group went out the door and started towards the next room.
EclipseSquad

Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  622
July 17, 2007 1:34:46 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Riqimo peered into the large room, trying to see what was in it, switching to lowlight vision filter he quickly lowered his gun and mumbled, "This is the explosives storage room, don't shoot anything."

Glancing around, he found a nice pile of explosives and had Hawkins prime one of his charges, "All set Doc, I think this little cache should take the whole warehouse out, we can move on to the next building now."

"Okay, you heard him, Eclipse, we are moving to the barracks cluster now.  There are five barracks, two charges per barracks.  To simplify things we place those charges on the outside of the barracks.  I don't exactly want to drop in and socialize."

Riqimo's mind raced with the current mission status, I set one charge... Wicket set two... Three for Goblin, and two for Hawkins... so total of 8, leaving 32 left to place.  Wonderful, almost twenty five percent done. Next charge is mine.

Riqimo heard an explosion that shook the warehouse and he heard a ceiling cave in.  Running to the next room that they would have done, he could tell a mortar shell was fired.  Shaking his head, Riqimo gave an order over the comlink, "Stop firing those confounded mortar shells!  You almost blew us all up!  We will take care of this!"  Riq turned his comlink off before a response could come, still stressed at how close that mortar shell had come to hitting the explosives room of the warehouse.

Jogging out of the death trap warehouse, Riqimo slowed once he reached the exit and peeked out once again at the chaos.  You think they could have a more organized defense plan rather than gather whatever they can and charging... idiots...

Waving yet another 'follow' motion, Riqimo led the group towards the barracks, each one a good distance of 200 meters from the other.  Sneaking between them was going to be difficult... Unless... Riq changed course and came up behind a group of five men smoking cigs talking about the battle outside.  Their uniforms identified them as milita.  Riqimo tapped his head and pointed at the soldiers smoking, the squad nodded that they understood, and fired as soon as Riq did, hitting each one in the head.  Making sure no one noticed, they then pulled the bodies behind the crates and proceeded to borrow the uniforms.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  190
July 17, 2007 4:12:25 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
The barracks were right in front of group three. I hope there isn't anyone in there. If they are, I hope they are sleeping. Wicket thought to himself as he stealthily crossed the halls.

After placing two of the charges, Wicket's pack was becoming less heavy. You could tell because he was moving in a more fluid motion instead of hunching his back from the weight of the charges.

"Wicket. Do you think you could do these two charges?" Hawkins asked. "After all, you are the combat engineer."

"Sure." Wicket nodded. He headed down towards the first barrack and found the door. His hand started to reach for the handle when Riqimo came over the com.

"What are you doing!" Riqimo yelled with a whisper. "Don't go in there. Just place the charges on the outside of the walls."

"Gotcha." Wicket replied. He then went to the right side of the barrack. Peeking around the side, saw that the coast was clear and continued on. Once he got to the place he wanted to lay the charge he knelt and saw a little opening in the wall. Hmm, I could place it here. He thought as he placed the charge into the opening. I don't think anyone will find it.

Wicket then nodded to the rest and he continued around to the barrack. The rest of the group stayed close behind, looking for any enemy. Riqimo gave the signal to go ahead and place the second charge.

He knelt down to set the charge. This time though, there was no opening. Wicket would just have to conceal the charge and place it as close to the floor as possible. After a few seconds of fiddling around, he successfully had it set. He stood back up and went back to the rest of the group. "All finished." He said. "Who wants to place next?"
EclipseSquad

Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  624
July 17, 2007 5:21:13 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Riqimo looked around the corner, they shouldn't be noticed as out of place in the uniforms, but if they were seen placing charges... there might be a problem.  Riqimo stepped out into the open and started towards the next barracks, ignoring the other soldiers that were running towards the battle on the east side.  From the sound of laser fire and a few screams, it sounded like the other groups were doing their job with efficiency.  Of course having a defensive position against an unorganized opponent almost always put a nice advantage on your side.

Riq's instinct kept a hand on his silenced pistol at all times,  he didn't realize he was doing it, it was just a force of habit carried over from his smuggling days.  The Squad Leader that was alert, even if stressed, was more of a leader to his squad than a squad leader that simply cruised along casually.  All it took was one small detail over looked, one slight misstep and the whole squad is blow up.

Riqimo shook his head slightly, this wasn't the time for those thoughts...  He nodded to Hawkins, who took a charge out from underneath the olive drab uniform and punched a few buttons into it.  In less than a minute, the charge was placed into a bush against the barracks.  Hawkins gave a thumbs up and the squad moved to the other end of the barracks, trying to act casual.  They turned the corner and headed down the other side of the barracks until they reached a cooling system.  Hawkins then opened a hatch and carefully placed another primed charge into it.

"Excuse me, what are you doing?" Riqimo turned around quickly to face a NR officer, who wore the rank of corporal. "Why are you messing with that, when the base is under attack?"

Riqimo stuttered slightly, looking out of the corners of his eye and saw no one in the area.  In one swift fluid motion, the silenced pistol needed to be reloaded once again, and the officers was on the ground before them, silent.  Once again, Riq got strange glances from some of his squad mates, but he ignored them and got Goblin to help him hide the body behind the cooling unit.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  191
July 17, 2007 6:02:33 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
Three down, two to go. Wicket thought to himself. No wait. He began counting on his fingers. Two down, three to go. He thought for a second. Yeah that's right. Wicket nodded after that train of thought.

The group continued to the barracks with much speed. The load of the charges was getting much lighter. Wicket was down to six charges left. Once I get these off of me.... There wasn't much activity, due to the battle over wander. Most of the troopers would be over there and not at the barracks. If they were at the barracks it would most likely be because they were just waking up and going over to the battle.

Goblin took the lead as he was the next one to place the charges. He casually walked up to the barrack wall and tried to see if there was any place to put the charge. "Where do you guys want me to put this?" Goblin said, looking around.

"Wicket, go over there and help him find a place." Riqimo said, shaking his head.

"Ok Doctor." Wicket replied. With that he walked over to Goblin and surveyed the are. As Wicket was looking around, he noticed a gutter ending down by the corner of the barrack wall. "Oh look there!" Wicket excitedly said. "You could place the charge in that gutter there." He pointed to it and led Goblin down. "I'm pretty sure it will fit."

Goblin smiled, "Thanks. You're smarter than you look."

"I know." Wicket replied with a laugh.

Goblin set the charge and placed it firmly in the gutter spout. Hope it doesn't rain. Goblin then headed around to the other side of the barrack. Peeking around the corner to see if the coast was clear, he spotted a man peering into a window. Goblin snuck up behind the man and swung his arm against the man's head. The guy fell to the ground. Goblin looked in the window to see what the man was looking at. There seemed to be a woman getting her armor on. "A peeping Tom eh?" Goblin chuckled. There was a trash compacter a few meters to the left. He picked up the man and drug him down to it. Goblin threw the man in. "This is where you belong...pervert." Goblin said furiously.

Goblin went back to the barracks and located another gutter. He set the charge and placed it in carefully. Once finished he took one last look in the window, The woman was gone. "Dammit!" Goblin said under his breath. "Alright I'm finished. Let's go."

"What was in there." Wicket asked.

"Oh nothing important." Goblin said with a sigh and continued to move ahead.
EclipseSquad

Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  629
July 17, 2007 6:46:54 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Almost there... Riqimo smiled slightly to himself, a familiar grin of a mission going well.  With any luck, he will keep that grin after Eclipse met back at Bizza's Shack after the pull out.

"Riq, is there some reason that you only placed one charge so far?"  Andrew commented, noticing the fatique setting in on the Squad Leader.

"I am just saving them for later, you guys should get yours unloaded before mine are." Riqimo tried to avoid the topic.

"Doc, if you are thinking what I think you are, I do not agree." Hawkins looked straight into Riq's eyes.

"Andrew, I note your concern, but I will give you a direct order, do not worry about me or the charges I am carrying."

Wicket and Goblin came back from the third barracks to the crates where Riq and Andrew were standing by.  Doc nodded to them, "Okay, you two watch here, Andrew will place the next two charges while I cover him."

Andrew cut a quick, disapproving glance at Riq, but said nothing.  The two headed straight for the fourth barracks, an uneasy silence between a caring commander and the trooper believing the commander was taking an unnecessary risk to protect his trooper.  Riqimo was used to that already though, he had the stubborn mindset that he alone was expendable, his troopers were not.  Hawkins set the first charge slowly, as if trying to get Riqimo to think over the situation, but Riq instead focused his attentions on what target would come after the barracks.  The comms tower... four stories, one charge per story as with the administrative offices... Then we will hit the...

The familiar beep of a primed explosive pack interrupted his thoughts, and Riqimo nodded to Andrew to move to the next charge site, where they had to first stand around as if they were waiting for someone before the column of troops moving towards the battle on the eastern wall.  Looks like there is gonna be another massacre...

Once the troops had moved past, Andrew placed his sixth charge of the night and flexed his shoulders before moving back towards the other two Eclipsers with Riq following behind, the weight of the charges clearly taking a toll on the Squad Leader.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  192
July 17, 2007 7:30:13 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
"One more." Wicket said to Goblin. "You wanna help me place it?"

"It? You mean them. Sure." Goblin said. "Hey! You two." He shouted at Riqimo and Hawkins. Me and Wicket are going to place the final two charges. Will you cover us?"

"Fine." Hawkins said. "And it's Wicket and I, not me and Wicket." He sais with a grin. Goblin gave a evil look to Hawkins.

Wicket and Goblin went over to the fifth and last barrack. By now all of the NR troopers should've been out to where the battle was. Most of the troopers had ran at the beginning of the fight. Some of them even left when the group was back at the last barrack. Once arriving at the last barrack, Wicket and Goblin looked for a place to put the charge. "Do you think we could place them on the roof?" Wicket asked and shrugged. "I don't see any other place that we could put them."

"I spose so." Goblin said. "I will lift you up. Then I guess you can use that little ledge right there to lift yourself the rest of the way up."

"That works." Wicket went over to Goblin who was making a support step with his hands. He placed one of his feet up on Goblin's hands and Goblin lifted him up. Wicket reached to reach the ledge. He couldn't quite reach it. "Do you think you could lift me up a few more inches?" Goblin nods and proceeds to do so. Wicket reached again for the ledge and pulled himself up. Once on the roof, he went and placed the charge down towards the corner of the roof.

Suddenly Riqimo came over the comlink. "Get down!"

"What's wrong Doctor?" Wicket asked.

"There are three troopers coming towards our way. Right now me and Hawkins are hiding but he might be able to see you if you stand up." Riqimo replied.

Wicket fell prone on the roof. He crawled his way over to the other side not wanting to waste any time. "Ok they ran off to the fight." Riqimo said over the comlink.

Wicket suddenly got up and set the last charge. He then jumped to the ground. The impact of the jump made Wicket fall to the ground. "Ow!" After a few seconds of easing the pain, he stood up.

"Ok now we finished the barracks. Next we have to do is place the charges in the Comms Tower. There are four floors, and we need one charge per floor. Let's get moving soldiers!"
EclipseSquad

[This message has been edited by Wicket (edited July 17, 2007 7:59:18 PM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  630
July 17, 2007 8:30:11 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Riqimo looked up at the comm tower, four stories plus a large antennae device at the top, when this building would be demolished, the tower on the roof would certainly fall and cause some considerable damage.

"Riq, how are we going to do this one?  With an attack in process there has to be a lot of people in that tower?" Goblin voiced a concern, still keeping a tone of respect.

"Simple, the idiots left a window open over there," Riq pointed to the side of the building where a window barely large enough for a person to squeeze in.  Riqimo was the first in and once he made sure the room was secure, he waved for the others to follow.  Wicket and Hawkins got in without much of a problem, but Goblin took a look at the frame and decided his large build would not squeeze through.

"No problem Gob, just find a place to park yourself, we'll be back in no time at all."  Turning to the two troopers that were with him, the Squad Leader gave instructions, "On this first level I will set the first charge, you two go up on the second floor and set one in the rec room up there, hide in the fridge."

After they nodded understanding, Riqimo left them to venture up the stairs at the end of the hallway.  Looking casual, Riq walking into the bathroom and opened a stall, finding it rather disgusting, he used his foot to flush it and tried the next stall, which was significantly better.  Latching the stall door behind him, Riqimo pulled an explosive pack that was hidden in his pants and began to prime it.  Just before it beeped a ready status, he used his foot to flush the toilet to cover the noise.  Then taking a moment to carefully place the demo charge behind the toilet.  Then shaking his hands quickly, he opened the stall and headed straight for the sinks and washed his hands for about three minutes, before heading up the stairs to catch up with the other two troopers.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  193
July 18, 2007 2:37:15 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
Wicket and Hawkins went up to the second floor of the comms tower. The stairs were much easier to climb compared to when they climbed earlier. The weight of the charges was being lifted from their shoulders. As they two went up the steps, Wicket was relaxing his shoulders to relieve some of the stress. "You know? I don't think Riqimo knows what he is doing. He needs to place some of those charges. He is putting himself in extreme danger." Hawkins said.

"Heh, you don't know Doctor very well then. He always puts his troopers before himself. He would jump in the line of fire just to save one of us...I think. He is also smart too. He doesn't do things unless he thought it out throughly. Don;t worry about it, he'll be fine." Wicket replied, not really concerned as Hawkins was.

They reached the door going into the next floor. Wicket opened the door and peered in. He poked his head out the door, just enough to see. He turned his head left then right to see if there was anyone around. There was no one. "Alright coast is clear." Wicket said. "Now I need to find the fridge. You can hide there while I place the charge."

"Why would I hide in the Frigidaire?" Hawkins replied with confusion.

"The Doctor said we should hide in the fridge." Wicket said, not knowing what was so confusing about that.

"No dumb ass. He meant the charge. Hide the charge in the fridge." Hawkins said shaking his head.

"Ooooh." Wicket headed over to the place where the fridge was. It looked like it could have been a break area for all the workers. "Watch my back." Wicket said as he placed the charge in the fridge behind some food. "Gross!" Wicket yelled as a pungent odor came out of one of the old packages of food. "Throw that away." He tossed the pack to Hawkins. Hawkins just let the pack fall to the ground. "Anyway let's go."

As they turned around they bumped into someone. They both jumped. As a natural reflex, Wicket slammed his fist into the man's face. The man fell down. "Is that Riqimo!" yelled Hawkins. The stature was amazingly similar. But upon closer inspection it seemed to be one of the NR technicians. "Well we have to do something with him. The fridge is too small."

"Let's just throw him out the window. The others may just think that he took his life due to all the chaos." Wicket said. Hawkins shrugged. They picked up the man and went over to the window. "One, two, three." Once Wicket said three, They let go of the body and he went flying out the window. The body hit the ground with a thud. Wicket and Hawkins smiled at each other and headed towards the next charge site.
EclipseSquad

Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  633
July 18, 2007 3:54:55 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Goblin was leaning against the side of the comms tower, smoking a cigarette that he had pulled out a pocket on the borrowed uniform.  He was just enjoying his relaxing time, watching the NR and militia troopers run towards the battle, and the few cowards slipping back towards the rear.  Suddenly there was a thud, and Goblin span with his silenced pistol in his right hand, cigarette in his left.  A man had just fallen beside him, glancing up Goblin saw an open window on the second floor.  Boys...

Shaking his head, Goblin picked the short, red haired tech up and placed him in a nearby cluster of bushes, muttering under his breath, "Can't a guy get a little rest without working?"

...  ...  ...

Riqimo entered the room just as Hawkins and Wicket were walking away from the window, he found it peculiar they would be there, but decided not to ask, "The charge set?"

"Yeah Doc, we got it placed." Hawkins nodded, leaving out the mistake Wicket made earlier in misunderstanding the instructions the Squad Leader gave.

"Great, two floors left then on this building, we got to try and hurry this up a bit, I don't know how long the other groups will last if this keeps up.  Hawkins you place the next charge alone this time, it is on the main frame floor, where are the terminal data is stored.  You understand that stuff better than the rest of us, Wicket and I will go to the fourth floor together and place a charge there.  We'll meet back up outside with Goblin."

...    ...    ...

The group went together up until the third floor, where Hawkins veered off, while Wicket and Riq, who was really starting to show some fatigue, his breathing becoming slightly faster as they climbed the stairs, ventured up another flight.  Hawkins sincerely hoped that Riq was placing the charge, not Wicket.  If he keeps this up, he is going to kill himself and we'll be screwed without knowing his whole plan.

The third level was completely empty, there was no need for a sentient to stand around here, since the mainframes really did not need much guidance.  Finding a simple empty hard drive slot, Hawkins primed a charge and slid it into there.  No need for an elaborate hiding spot, considering techs rarely ventured into the hot depths of the mainframe, the constant humming of the cooling fans making any conversation impossible without shouting.  Closing the case, Hawkins turned back for the stairwell, still thinking that Riqimo must be insane, carrying 8 charges still.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  194
July 18, 2007 5:43:10 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
Wicket and Riqimo were heading up the final stairwell to place the final charge in the comm tower. Wicket could see the pain the Riqimo was going through. Sweat was pouring down his face and he had a slow slump to his walk. The fatigue was definitely settling in. Almost too much for Wicket to handle. "Hey Doctor. How bout you let me take a few of those charges. You know, just so you can rest a bit." Wicket asked, not wanting Riqimo to get hurt.

"No, I'm fine. You don't need to help me out. I can take care of myself. Just hurry and place the charge." Riqimo said while trying to catch his breath.

Wicket opened the door to the forth floor. He could tell it wasn't used much. Dust was all over the place. It was very unorganized. There were chairs knocked over and pushed to one side. File cabinets opened and paper falling out due from being over filled. Some one has to be up here. "Doctor can you make sure no one is coming and be the lookout while I place this charge?" Wicket asked, stepping over boxes of random objects. "You can set some of the charges down if you want. Just to have a break." I really don't want him to get hurt.

"Sure thing." Riqimo said. He got out his pistol but didn't set down any charges.

Wicket continued to the corner of the room where there was a closet. I spose I could place it in here. Wicket thought to himself as he looked around trying to see if there was any better places. Yeah, here is a good spot. Wicket opened the door to the closet. A body came tumbling out onto Wicket. "Ahhh!!!" Wicket screamed. Riqimo quickly turned to Wicket's direction.

"What's wrong? Are you ok!?" Riqimo yelled back.

After a few seconds Wicket realized the body was dead. He threw the body off and wiped himself off. "Soo gross!" Wicket said, disgusted. "A decomposing body just fell on me from out of the closet."

"Well at least you are ok. I wouldn't want to lose a good trooper like you." Riqimo said, wiping sweat from his forehead.

Wicket smiled. He got back up to his feet and went into the closet. After a few seconds Wicket had the charge set. "All ready to go." Wicket said.

"Alright. Good job. Now we can get out of here. We are almost done anyway." Riqimo said.

"Almost! We still have eighteen more charges to set!" Wicket replied.

"Well let's hurry up then. I'm not sure how Jelly and the rest can hold up." Riqimo then went over to the door and opened it. Wicket ran out and so did Riqimo.

"You lead the way to the next place, Doctor." Wicket said letting Riqimo take the lead.
EclipseSquad

[This message has been edited by Wicket (edited July 18, 2007 5:44:24 PM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  634
July 18, 2007 6:29:39 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Going down stairs with gravity assisting was significantly easier.  Also, when Wicket was busy with placing the charge, Riqi had secretly taken a large dose of stimulants.  He would be good for a good time, the sweating was already starting to slow, and his breathing and heart beat approached a more acceptable range.  In no time at all, the four Eclipsers were back together and Riq was trying to decide a new target.

Growwwllll... Riqimo's stomach growled softly and the Squad Leader smiled slightly to himself, "This way Eclipse, our next two charges are this way..."  Riq took them through along a few different paths, between the barracks they had already placed charges at earlier and entered a nearby building.

Goblin grinned as soon as he entered, "Great, we can grab a bite to eat while laying charges.  Brilliant, Doc."

Riqimo shrugged, you three go place one somewhere in the kitchen, I'll find a place in this cafeteria somewhere.  Watch out, there may be some cooks in there."  Riqqi stole a glance at the buffet bar, Ohh, that looks heavenly, shame to let it all just go to waste in an explosion...  Got to place the charge first though

Riqimo saw his group proceed into the kitchen's double doors, their pistols held at ready to fire positions.  Letting them do their task, the Eclipse Squad Leader turned to his, Where to place them... hrm. Riqimo drifted closer to the buffet table, the aroma of the food growing stronger with each step.  With a devilish grin, Riqimo grabbed the spoon for some mashed vegetable, and dug a small pit into it.  Placing the serving spoon down, he proceeded to prime the charge before dropping it into the freshly dug crater and then covered it up.  That is going to be a pleasant surprise for anyone hungry.

Eyeing the steak at the other end of the table, Riqimo stole a glance at the kitchen doors then picked up a knife and fork...
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  195
July 18, 2007 7:20:41 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
Wicket, Hawkins, and Goblin all went into the kitchen. They had the pistols drawn and ready to fire if need be. They approached the double doors. Each door had a little round window that they could look though. "It looks like there are about seven cooks."

"Only seven?" Said Goblin. "I can take out five all by myself."

"Oh really? Do you wanna make a bet one that?" Hawkins responded immediately. "One Hundred credits." He extended his arm out to Goblin.

"You got yourself a deal." Goblin said, shaking hands with Hawkins.

Goblin inched closer to the double doors. He pistol was all ready to be fired. Once he was close enough, he kicked his foot at the doors and they went flying open. "What smells in here!" He shouted letting off a shot instantly killing one of the cooks. The others stopped preparing the food and grabbed the closest butcher knife nearest them.

Meanwhile, Hawkins and Wicket were watching from the windows, ready to enter if anything went wrong. So far he had killed two of the cooks and the rest were approaching him but couldn't get close enough before they were shot at. "I think he's not gunna make it." Wicket said. "I'm going."

Wicket bursted through the doors. He saw that one of the cooks was right by Goblin about to strike. Wicket ran up and kicked the knife out of his hand and shot him in the head. Not long after did Hawkins follow. There were only three left. All of them were in the back of the kitchen, cowering. "Ok everyone, get the cook closest to you, and on the count of three we will all shoot at once." Goblin whispered. Wicket and Hawkins nodded. "One...Two...Three!" Each let a shot out of the pistol. Two of the shots fired hit the cooks but one missed.

"Dammit Hawkins! You missed!" Wicket yelled, firing a shot at the last cook. "If we all woulda hit, that woulda been something eh? Anyway, Goblin, you go place the charge. I don't care where just place it in one of the big pots over there."

Goblin headed over to the stove and turned off the heat. Don't want the heat making it blow up. Goblin thought to himself as he set the charge.

After a couple of moments, Goblin finished. "Alright, I'm hungry let's go get some food." He rushed out of the kitchen to the buffet. Riqimo was sitting at a nearby table eating. He saw them come out from the corner of his eye. "Don't eat the mashed vegetables!" He shouted. The group hurried and grabbed a bite to eat before heading out.

"Where to this time, Dr. Riqimo?" Wicket asked.
EclipseSquad

Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  636
July 19, 2007 3:05:32 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Stomachs full after a quick five minute meal, the squad was on the move again jogging towards the garage, blending in perfectly with the chaos of NR and militia troopers either trying to get into action or get an excuse not to.  Stupid unorganized bastards.

The largest building of the base stood before the Eclipsers now, housing every vehicle that the base used, from the fastest speeder bikes to the biggest, and most powerful tanks.  Right now though, they were facing some hover vans, simple little cargo trucks not designed for much more than transporting moderate amounts of supplies and/or personnel from location to location.  There was no need for these vehicles at this moment, luckily, and the four Eclipsers we all alone within the

"Okay, Wicket set a charge over there, against that wall, Goblin against the other one over there near that computer terminal.  Hawkins, you will stand guard while I place one charge myself."  Riq ignored the quiet sigh of Andrew once the Squad Leader had stated he was placing a charge.  You have no idea what I do for my squad, Andrew.  They are literally family to me and intent to keep this family as long as possible.  No way you could understand me without going through what I did...

Pushing his idle thoughts aside for yet another time during this mission, Riqimo shook his head lightly before jogging cautiously up to a cluster of worn, just starting to rust hover vans.  Taking his third charge of the night out of the webbing of the black suit underneath the olive drab militia uniform that he had borrowed earlier, Riqimo proceeded to prime it.  Approximately a minute later, the familiar beep, which had become annoying over the course of the night, signaled to Riqimo that the charge was ready.  Carefully placing the charge underneath a workbench with an array of unorganixed tools scattered across it, Riqimo then proceeded to cover for Goblin who was taking a little time before gathering the group into the next vehicle bay.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited July 19, 2007 1:52:05 PM)]
Jag Fel
ComNet Member

Jag Fel

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  427
Total Posts:  439
July 19, 2007 4:17:23 PM    View the profile of Jag Fel 
"This is lead, do not reply to this message.  Just be aware you have four T2-B tanks coming at you.  Jag should have a nice PLX-2 Portable Missile Launcher, be aware it only has two rounds before you have to reload.  Lead out."

Jag heard Riq's transmission and a smile spread across his face. He slung the launcher off his shoulder finally not regretting his decision to lug it around.

He got Jelly's attention and told them that he was going up the slope to the highest vantaage point. He would be able to take two out and then get down to the teams position to take out the other two.

Once Jag was high enough to have a good vantage point, not that they could exactly fire in case they drew the tanks attention too early.

Using the zoom on the launcher Jag got a clear view of the east side of the compound where the tanks were headed for. The range was perfect, wouldn't even need to lock on to his target.

"I love using these thing's." Jag whispered to himself as he practiced going back and forth with the lead targets. He braced the launcher against his shoulder and fired both rockets watching them sore through the air and hit both their marks.

Once Jag was satisfied he put the launcher back on his shoulder and picked up the case carrying the other two rockets.

Running down the hill Jag was nearly fell and might have had to get Doc to fix him up but the thought of the turrets of the remaining two tanks firing at the hill he was vacating kept him going although he was really hoping they wouldn't  at least not before he was away from it.

In position with the rest os the team he rkeloaded the launcher at the remaining two tanks locked on and fired at the now empty hill. He smiled at the rest of the team and said as he took aim, "Don't you guys just love a good firework show?"
"You think you can run this ship better?"
"Yeah."
"Well...you cant!"
Serenity

"Did you know the New Republic dont like to be shot at? Worked that out for myself."

Jayne: "Don't know these folks, don't much care to"
Mal: "They're whores"
Jayne: "I'm in"
[This message has been edited by Jag Fel (edited July 20, 2007 4:48:11 AM)]
Jelly Bean
ComNet Member

Jelly Bean

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  494
July 20, 2007 12:11:36 AM    View the profile of Jelly Bean 
"Nice one Jag." Jelly said while shouldering his Deathwind and popping another round in one of the more stubborn soldiers.

A call came over from one of the rebels.

"We got two more speeders on the way!" the shouted over the radio.

"Jag mind taking one out with your Rocket Launcher I'll mark your target with a tracer round." Jelly said loading a tracer magazine into his Rifle and taking aim at the furthest target. The bullet screamed out of  the rifle and embedded itself into the speeder's heavy armor. The tracer started to blink and Jelly uploaded it's beacon to Jag.

Jelly reloaded his armor piercing rounds and aimed into the windshield of the first speeder and fired. Though the bullet only severely cracked the glass. The next bullet broke the glass and went into the passengers shoulder. The speeders where using energy absorption windshields which only worked like regular glass when a weapon that fired bullets hit it. Most believed Slugthrowers  to be ineffective but since most used laser absorbing armor it was pretty easy to kill someone with a slug thrower. Jelly found it rewarding to watch a man's head explode and his brains fly about much more rewarding than a simple sizzling hole.

He fired the rifle again causing the passenger's head to explode backwards then he moved open tot taking out the driver. The gunner didn't realize that he was in trouble until the speeder stopped. A rocket slammed into the speeder blowing the gunner and the rest of the speeder to Kingdom come.

"Good job Jag." Jelly said over the mic as he turned to disable the other speeder so Jag could finish it off. The gunner got a couple shots off  then his head exploded painting the outside of the speeder . This time the passenger was left alive to witness  a  ten pound projectile come screaming at the speeder and destroy it.

"So Doc how much longer yall gonna take with your job?" Jelly asked over the comm killing two more soldiers and the reloading his rifle.
Eclipse Squad
{ComNet Nazi}
Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  643
July 20, 2007 4:09:29 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
The next vehicle bay was in a cluster of activity, the heavy tanks were being prepared for the little battle outside the base.  Nodding to his team, they all split up to place charges at logical points.  Riqimo saw Wicket jog off to a fuel storage area to place his last charge, Smart kid, he certainly has gotten way better since I first met him.  While moving towards some unattended hover tanks, Riqimo spotted Goblin and Hawkins heading for the support beams that held a few vehicles off the ground for maintenance, as well as holding the weight of the ceiling up.

Luckily there was so much activity that the four Eclipsers we hardly noticed, if at all.  The background noise drowned out the beep of the charge Riqimo had primed, and Riq only knew that the charge was ready by the flash of a red light on the receiving device.  The hover tanks were not going to have their repairs finished.  If the New Republic was lucky, they would still be able to be used for scrap metal.

Doc tucked the explosive pack into one of the tank's cockpit and proceeded to the squad's rendezvous point, the next vehicle, which was reserved for speeder bikes and the like.  Slightly less busy, the Eclipsers were able to hear each other well enough to converse.

"Okay, good work thus far boys," Riqimo raised his voice enough to be heard, but not overheard, "Hawkins, give one of your charges to Wicket.  The three of you find a good spot.  I prepare a speeder."

The three went off as soon as Wicket had his charge, and Riq went to the nearest speeder, which was equipped with a repeating turret.  That should work perfectly.  Riqimo glanced around to make sure no tech would notice before trying to hotwire the speeder.  In about five minutes, the group was around the speeder watching the Squad Leader play around with a few wires.  After a few more minutes the speeder started, and Riqimo hopped out, "Wicket you drive this.  Goblin, you will be the gunner.  Oh, give me that last charge you have."

"Doc..."  Hawkins placed himself between the largely built man and the Squad Leader, "You are not going to do this."

"Hawkins, your concern is noted.  But you three need to get out." Riq nodded to Goblin who gave the charge to Wicket and took the tech in a wrestling hold.  "You don't have a choice Andrew, you are bound to follow my orders."  Wicket handed the charge to Riqimo, who tucked it into the webbing under his borrowed uniform with the rest of the charges.  "Now you will go out the west gate, tell them that you are going to loop around the enemy position and hit them from behind.  They should let you through.  Then contact our group so they don't shoot you when you come in behind them.  I will be there in two hours.  If I am not... Goblin, you know what to do."

The former comedian nodded, "I blow the base, regardless of your status."

Hawkins cut a worried glance at Riq, "You are crazy, there is no way that you would want him to do such a thing."

"I would rather see the mission succeed, now Goblin, make sure Andrew gets our safely."

The bulky man picked a protesting Andrew slightly off the ground and got into the speeder with him, making sure the tech would not jump out.  Wicket meanwhile climbed into the driver's seat and gave Riqimo a slight wave, "See you on the other side Doc," before driving off towards the western gate.

Let's hope that other side is on the other side of these walls...
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  197
July 22, 2007 12:26:40 AM    View the profile of Wicket 
Wicket drove off on the speeder with Hawkins and Goblin in the back. You can do this Doctor. Don't fail us now.. It was still dark outside. With him being a Sullustan, the brightness, or lack there of, would not be a problem. He drove the speeder down to the west part of the base. That's where they would meet up with the resistance group and Jelly's group.

"Wicket! Do you think you can hurry this up?" Hawkins shouted. Hawkins was in a bad mood for some reason. Maybe it had something to do with Riqimo. No one knew what his problem was.

"You know, I don't need your bitching right now. We could get killed if I'm not careful. Do you want to drive instead?!" Wicket shouted back. There was a slight pause in conversation. "Didn't think so! Now someone com Jelly or someone and tell him that we are coming from behind the enemy, so don't attack us."

Wicket handed the comlink to someone in the back of the speeder. Goblin took the com from Wicket's hand. "Jelly come in. This is Goblin." After a few seconds no one answered. "Jelly come in!" Goblin shouted.

"This is Jelly Bean. What do you need." Jelly replied.

"This is Goblin. Just telling you that we will be coming in from behind you. We are meeting up with the forces right now to have them let us through the gate. We are telling them that we are attacking you from behind so that they let us through. We should be there soon." Goblin explained.

"Alright, where is Riq?" Jelly asked.

"He is doing something in the base. He still had his charges to place. He said he would meet up with us when he is finished. In about two hours. And if I don't see him. He told me to complete the mission." Goblin replied.

"You mean blow the place up when he is still in there?! I will not let you do that to my leader and friend!" Jelly said.

Goblin, not wanting to discuss, turned the comlink off. Wicket reached the gate. "Where you goin'" The gate man said.

"We are going to loop around those bastards and attack them from behind." Wicket said with anger and disgust, trying to improve the act.

"Ah I see good idea. They need to be dealt with. Anyway, I'll let you through." The man said. The gate opened.

Wicket sped up and headed towards the group. After a few moments he could see the others. Once close enough, Wicket stopped the speeder and got out. Hawkins and Goblin were in front while Wicket was behind them. a few moments later the group had meet up.

"Hey we're here." Wicket said.
EclipseSquad

Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  655
July 23, 2007 2:52:12 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Riqimo glanced around the corner of a shed, trying to find a discreet way into the command facility, so far that was ten minutes wasted...  That window has bars, the doorways are too well guarded...

Taking a weak smoke grenade out of the stealth suit's webbing Riqimo smiled at memories of his previous mission on Mrlsst when he opened the gate for the rest of the squad... That would be perfect  Edging around to the rear entrance, there were three guards with no possible witnesses anywhere nearby.  Rolling the grenade with a concealment time of approximately twenty seconds, Riqimo drew his pistol  and took aim from the shadows.

As thick white smoke furled into the lit area, one of the guards shouted a phrase of profanity, and Riqimo fired through the haze twice to hear two thuds, and quickly ran into the fading haze to find the third guard.  Seeing the silhouette, Riqimo dashed forward, slamming the man to the ground, not getting any reaction, Riqimo turned him over, and saw a that the guard had drawn a knife earlier that had been driven into his chest.  By the time the smoke faded, leaving a slight burnt scent in the air behind it, Riqimo was dragging the men into the bushes nearby.  A brief memory flashed into Riqimo's mind as the third guard was being hidden,

"I will not fight you!" Riqimo shouted at the three masked smugglers who were aiming at the 16 year old boy.

"You are ruining our profits, your stupid ethical beliefs end here."  The man on the right raised his pistol and fired just as Riqimo jerked forward, barely dodging the blaster and planting a swift kick on the middle man's chest, who span around and fell upon his vibrodagger.  The other two smugglers looked at their leader and smirked, "You are a fool Riqimo, killing..."

Riqimo shook his head vigorously, trying to jerk the memory out of his mind.  Not now... not now...  Riqimo slowly opened his squeezed shut eyes, thankful the rest of the squad was not around to see his flashback, it was not something a leader should do.  If they ever found out he had such flashbacks... that was a thought he did not want to even consider.

Turning back to the mission at hand, Riqimo eased the command center's back door open, peering into an empty hallway...
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Combat Medic ~ "With love... from a rubber glove."

Eclipse Squad

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Collision Course (Eclipse Chapter 8.5 Aurek IIIa)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 1:28:03 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 101  |  Bots - 2

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >