Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Collision Course (Eclipse Chapter 8.5 Aurek IIIa)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  Collision Course (Eclipse Chapter 8.5 Aurek IIIa)
Riqimo
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  549
Total Posts:  2382
  Collision Course (Eclipse Chapter 8.5 Aurek IIIa)
June 11, 2007 3:33:08 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Dropship Moon Shadow in Orbit around Abregado-rae
Operation Time: 0000 Hours
Loacl Time: 1530 Hours

Riqimo smiled softly to himself, he was watching most of the Eclipse squad members poke around a small table trying to play  a card game.  Only the Gamma Fire Team was situated in a corner, distant from the squad.  They were the only three survivors of  a Stormtrooper squad called the Black Rose Squad.  Riqimo walked over to the former BR squad ASL, now an Eclipse Fire Team Captain and nodded his head at her, "Mustang, it's a pleasure to have you here with us, although it might be nice if you  all mingled with the squad."

The woman tossed her red hair over her shoulder, "Ya, yer right, we fellers just talkin' 'bout that.  In fact, Scooter here is getting an urge to try a hand real bad." She pointed to a black haired man, twitching his fingers, who immediately got upo and joined the table.  Riqimo smiled, his squad was coming together now, his squad.  That felt good.

The pilot called Riq into the cockpit, "Alright Sarge, we are in orbit.  Actual drop should begin in about two hours when the main VE force will begin their landing operations you  might want to start preparing."

The Squad Leader nodded, he wasn't eager to try use their insertion method, but it would work... assuming the techs did the required maintenance.

======

Dropship Moon Shadow in Orbit around Abregado-rae
Operation Time: 0200 Hours
Local Time: 1730 Hours

Riqimo strapped himself into the pod with the rest of Fire Team Alpha.  Three pods were outfitted to the Dropship and would allow them to literally be "fired" at the planet. 

"Sound-off" came the pilot's voice on the comlink Riqimo's safety helmet.

"Alpha, ready."
"Beta, ready."
"Gamma, ready."

As soon as each called out they were launched.  The pod's temperature rose rapidly as they entered the atmosphere, but the life support system kept it barely tolerable.

Once repulsorlift systems kicked into gear, Riqimo braced himself for impact.  The pod was padded just enough to prevent serious injuries, buries were considered minor insignificant.  Riqimo grabbed his pack that contained his weapons and Stormtrooper armor along with the other mission essentials.

RK eased the hatch open and peeked out cautiously.  As the Fire Team stepped out, Riqimo scanned the surroundings.  They had landed in a residential area courtyard, and the locals were peeking out of their windows.

"Shouldn't we get moving?" Brightstar interrupted Doc's observations.

Riqimo nodded, "Yeah, sorry.  We are to meet at our RZ point in an hour.  Let's get this wagon train on the road."

======

Streets Abregado-rae's Capitol
Operation Time: 0217 Hours
Local Time: 1747 Hours

Mustang shouldered her pack and started to jog away from the crash site, her squad mates in tow.  They would have to put distance between this site and them as soon as possible.  No doubt local militia would swing by soon.  She hated civilian clothing, it was so... imperfect.  A good uniform would always fit and look clean.  Not civilian garb.

"Alrighty Sarge, the Cantina RZ point is about three kilometers northeast," Scooter pointed from his datapad map.

Gablin smirked, "I love to pick a gal and put her on the Army tab.  I love the military.  Unless you would like o share a room?"

Mustang shook her head and smacked him, "That's the only womanly touch you'll ever get from me."

(OOC - Let's get moving Eclipse.  Any questions, please ask me.  Read squad topic first though)

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

ASL/SGT Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES2]

+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

Far From Perfect, the story of a VEA Combat Medic
[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited June 14, 2007 2:47:47 AM)]
Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  149
Total Posts:  378
  RE: Collision Course (Eclipse Chapter 8.5 Aurek II
June 11, 2007 6:00:27 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
Wicket woke up from the freshness of the morning. He just loved beautiful days. There were many things to do on days like these but this day was extra special. That day was the start of the big mission that that Wicket had been waiting for patiently.

Wicket arose from his bed and went over to the window. He opened the blinds followed by the window. He inhaled deeply and then exhaled. "What a beautiful day." Wicket said aloud as he started to get ready to go meat the rest of his squad mates. He headed over to the closet and got on his personal armor. I think this should work well. Wicket thought to himself as he donned the armor. "Where did I put my damn weapons?" Wicket headed over to his room and looked in the closet. Nope. I could have swore I put them in here. Oh yeah. Wicket headed over to his bed and knelt down. He then reached under and grabbed a container which held all of his weapons that he used. "Which one should I use." Wicket pondered for about 5 minutes which weapon to choose. "Well I have my vibroblade, my DL-54 blaster or my E-11." Wicket finally chose and grabbed the vibroblade and the DL-54. He looked at the time. "Oh my, I should get going." Wicket headed out the door.

He headed down to the Eclipse meeting room. Everyone was there. "Wicket what are you doing. Why the hell do you have your armor and stuff on. We are supposed to be in civilian clothes. Plus you don't even have the right armor on. We are supposed to have our Stormtrooper armor. Go back and put everything in a bag and then meet us at the hangar." Doc said. Wicket wasn't the smartest trooper the VE had ever seen. "You are lucky you were early, otherwise we would've left without you. Now hurry up." Wicket rushed back to his place.

Right when Wicket returned to his place he quickly took of his armor and put it back. He switched it up with the Stormtrooper armor and shoved it into a personal bag. I wonder if they would really leave without me. Wicket was wondering the entire time. Once he finished packing his equipment, he put on some normal clothes and rushed down to the hangar.

Everyone was situated and ready to go. "Good you show up. Now lets go." Lain said enthusiastically. This was her first big mission as a trooper.

Everyone boarded the ship. Doc gathered everyone together and made an announcement. "Ok as you all know, Garet will no longer be with us. So therefore I am the new SL. Anyway, I'm sure you have seen some unfamiliar faces around." He looks over at the members of the old Black Rose Squad. "These people will be accompanying us on this mission. They are very good at what they do. Now also we will be having three fire teams. I will be in charge of Alpha, Jelly will be in charge of Beta, and Sheila will be in charge of Gamma. You all know which Team you will be in already. Now is there any questions?" Wicket raised his hand. "Yes Wicket?" Doc asked.

"Which Team am I on again?" Wicket asked

"You are with me dummy." Jelly said as he punched Wicket in the shoulder.

"Oh yeah." Wicket said as he cliched his shoulder. "That hurt."

"Ok you two, enough. Now if there aren't any other questions, feel free to do what you want." Doc finished up. He then headed over to a corner to do some business.

"Lets play cards!" Wicket yelled as he headed over to a table. "I don't care what we play." RK, Lain, Bright, and Jelly followed. "Ok so who has the cards?" Wicket asked.

"I do." Bright said as she took a pack of Pazaak cards out of her bag. "Be prepared to lose my friends." She said as she passed out the cards.

The Gammas were over in the corner chatting it up amongst themselves. Doc approached them and then suddenly they headed over towards the rest of the group. "Hey guys wanna play?" Wicket asked. "I'm losing anyway."

A few hours passed and they were ready to land. "Ok everyone get with their Fire Team and go to a pod." Wicket rushed to his pod and got in. He waited for the other two members. Once everyone was ready, they were deployed.

Once landing everyone gathered around Riqimo for more directions. "Ok so we will be headed to a cantina right now. Once we are there, I will discuss more. So lets get ourselves to the cantina." The squad headed in the northeast direction. Here we go! Wicket thought with excitement. This should be fun.

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

TRP/CPL Wicket/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE [ES2]

E to the C to the L-I-P-S-E
Jelly Bean
ComNet Member

Jelly Bean

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  463
Total Posts:  811
June 12, 2007 12:55:01 AM    View the profile of Jelly Bean 
The early morning found Gainun Rigar awake and pacing about his room. Though by all in his squad he was called Jelly Bean or Jables for a shorter term. He was nervous about the new mission they where gonna go on as Garet had retired from the squad and their was a new leader in charge their former ASL of the squad Riqimo mainly called by his pet name of Doc. Though now times where different and Riqimo was Sarge. Gainun was on his part nervous because he had been given his first command of a three man fire team. The name he had assigned was Night Hawke to the small fire team.

Jelly chewed on the end of an unlit cigarette a weird habit he had done  though he never began smoking them like his Father had. Jelly spat the cancer stick out of his mouth getting rid of the foul paper taste on his tongue.

The comm on his wall lit up with a call from Riqimo.

"Sarge!" Jelly said sharply saluting.

"At ease we need you to report down to the hanger we're gonna leave within the hour." Riqimo said quickly before snapping off the link.

Jelly grabbed up the bag he had packed earlier which held a simple e-11 compact blaster that had been modified to be silenced as well as his stripped down Deathwind sniper rifle which he would assemble later and his trusty vibrbayonet.

Meeting up with the rest of the squad which was short of Wicket who had a tendency to be late for a meeting. Wicket entered the room in full armor.

"Wicket your supposed to be in civilian clothes as well as having your regular stormtrooper armor and weapons in a pack." Jelly yelled at Wicket in an irritated manner.

Wicket quickly retreated back into the hall and out of sight. He returned moments later in normal civilian clothes.

Riqimo ordered everybody to load up on the dropship.

-------------Abregado-rae /Pod Night Hawke Team---------

"Ok team get ready to be deployed." Jelly ordered the team as they secured themselves in the three man drop pod. there was a resounding thump and rattle as the pod shoot a way from the dropship.

"Hope you guys are ready." Jelly said smiling at the squad.

Jelly watched the temperature of the outer shell as it burned away. When they where in the lower atmosphere the outer shell detached and the top of the pod deployed its brake panels to increase air resistance and lower the descent under critical speed. The Pod hit 2,000 feet and deployed the chute which brought the pod the rest of the way to the ground at a safe speed.

The pod hit with a grind rolling to a stop. Jelly opened the charred metal doors looking around seeing they had landed in a back alley which was in view of the local cantina.

"Everybody out and into the cantina so we can lay low for the moment being and attract no attention to ourselves." Jelly said moving the group quickly away from the pod and through the cantina door.

The aged bar held a stench that was like a rotting whomp rat. Jelly moved the group to a small table over in a dark corner. He pulled a small hand radio and called over the radio.

"Voodoo man we are enjoying to local sites have you arrived from your cruise safely with all limbs attached?" Jelly spoke over the comm in code.

-----------------------
Eclipse Squad
{ComNet Nazi}
TRP/CPL Jelly Bean/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath[EW1C][ES1C]

Eclipse Squad not for the Faint of Heart

Jayne: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here.

[This message has been edited by Jelly Bean (edited June 12, 2007 8:19:35 AM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  554
June 12, 2007 2:17:07 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Outside Bizza's Shack
Operation Time: 0430 Hours
Local Time: 2000 Hours

A flickering purple light framed the pulsing green sign above the door frame.  It was extremely late and a small red "Closed" sign flickered over the door.  The clamor from the cantina next door spilled onto the streets along with a few of the tipsy patrons.  Ignoring them, Riqimo knocked, drawing one blaster.

A Duros opened the door an peeked out, "We're closed."

"I am Riqimo Pershaw."

"And I said we are closed." The Duros tightened his grey fist around a blaster.

Jelly swung the door open and leveled his blaster pitol into the Duros' face.  Riqimo shook his head, "No I believe you are open, we would like to see tonight's special."

Jelly gripped the Duros' wrist and wrenched the blaster to the ground with a familiar snick of cracking bone.  The grey alien squealed.

"I think he he said 'Come on in,' Let's get settled boys and girls." Riqimo stepped into the maze of rooms that Bizza used as a restaurant, bar, and hotel.  Looking around, Riqimo didn't think the Food Hygiene Inspectors stopped by for maybe a couple years.  Some of the hotel patrons were at the bar and enjoying themselves.  Riqimo shuffled the squad over there, "Just be casual, look at the menu.  Don't eat anything right now though.  I'm going to make arrangements for the night."

Bizza the Hutt was in a bock lounge with several dancers moving to music Doc couldn't hear.  The Bith band had apparently stopped for the night.  Bizza cut a quick glance at Riqimo and smacked his lips, "Chowbaso" (Welcome)

"Achuta, my pee kasa Riqimo Pershaw." (Hello, my name is RIqimo Pershaw)

Bizza looked surprised at the trooper, most likely because of the height, he quickly waved everyone else out of the room, "Coona tee-tocky malla?" (What took you so long?)

The Eclipse Squad Leader shrugged, the Hutt didn't have to know exactly how they entered the city, "Jee-jee Desana duba do bompa woola." (We require three rooms for the night)

"Eniki." (Alright)

"Jee vopa du nobata moolje guma." (I  would like no room service)

The Hutt nodding, he wasn't going to risk an employee leaking that he was harboring Imperials.

As Riqimo was leaving the room, he called out to Bizza, "Mee hopma  nobata trooba wata, chone mwa fooda trooba soong goom grancha.  Huttuk panwa  jee-jee wakna - flootah chone demna coopa.  Clemne mooljee."
(I want no trouble here, and my definition of trouble is quite demanding.  As much food as we want - fresh and properly cooked.  Clean rooms as well.)

"Uba akka grancha che D'emperiolo footoos."
(You ask a lot for your soldiers.)

"Hoohah inkabunga.  You do this, bargon u noa a-uyat makacheesa ulwan.  Da soong kospah.  Twoos pa reeta bah flootah."
(They are the best.  You do this, I promise profitable smuggling, that is the deal.  May your juices stay fresh.)

Riqimo left before Bizza could say anything further.

Scooter was poking something greenish and thorny with a fork at the table with the rest of the squad watching uneasily.  "We got our arrangements, three rooms.  Ladies, you get first choice the Alpha boys with scooter will take a room then the Hawkes boyos with Goblin.  Oh,Scooter, those sand gizzars look a little under-cooked."

... ... ...

Once everyone had sweeped their rooms for bugs and found none, the entire squad gathered into the Alpha room where Riqimo gave them a quick briefing, "I know this isn't exactly half-star accomedations, but it is perfect for laying low.  Bizza here will put my team into contact with a resistance group tomorrow.  Night Hawke, I want you to stake out at the northern enterance to the military facility we will be ambushing.  Observe every truck entering and leaving.  You will use a silenced sniper rifle to place magneticly charged tracking devices on the trucks.  That intel should allow us to hijack one at a later phase.  Black Rose, you are to do the same, only at the eastern enterance.  We don't need any casualties yet.  Remember they suspect Imperials in the city.  The other VE squads should be landing tomorrow as well.  I repeat, no casualties, we don't need unwanted attention.  Now get some rest, we have a long day tomorrow."

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

SL/SGT Riqimo/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/Tadath/VEA [EW1][ES2]

Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  152
June 12, 2007 4:37:11 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
The pod came crashing down to the ground. Wicket shook from the impact of the hit. All of his stuff in the pack went flying out. "I guess I forgot to close it up earlier. Jelly, do you mind helping me?" Wicket asked as he started to pick up his weapons and armor.

"Yes I do mind. Now hurry up and pick up that stuff. We are on a time schedule." Jelly said, sounding irritated.

Wicket continued to pick up his belongings. Lain decided to help. Most likely because she felt sorry for him. When they were all done, they stepped out of the pod. Wicket soon felt extremely sick in the stomach. "What the hell is this smell?" Wicket asked, looking as if he were about to throw up.

"It's the slums Wicket, the slums." Doc said.

After a while getting used to the stench, Wicket was no longer nauseas. ""Ok so we will be headed to a cantina right now. Once we are there, I will discuss more. So lets get ourselves to the cantina." Doc said.

They headed through the streets of what looked to be like the edge of the world. Everything was in disarray. Trash filled the streets. It looked like this place had been deserted except that people still lived there. How can people live like this. Wicket thought to himself. All of a sudden Wicket heard a noise. "What was that!" Wicket shouted, suddenly becoming scared. "It came from over there." Wicket pointed in the direction in which he heard the noise. Everyone looked. Then, a little creature crawled out from behind a trash can. It saw all the group looking at it. IT became scared and scurried off. The group looked with disgust at Wicket.

"It was just a small little animal that couldn't even harm...I don't know...it couldn't harm anything." Sheila said. "Now the cantina is straight ahead of us. Let's go."

The group continued on twenty more feet and reached the cantina. Wicket stayed towards the middle of the group just in case anything happened.

The arrived at the cantina. It also looked run down. The lights were flickering. Patrons were flooding out of the bar, stumbling, most likely from too many drinks. Doc went up to the door and knocked. A duros opened the door. We are closed. "Well he said it was closed guys. Let's go before anything happens." Wicket said starting to head off. RK grabbed him by the collar and drug him back.

"This is where we are supposed to be. Now quit being scared. It'll be ok." RK said trying to calm Wicket down.

After a few words were exchanged, Jelly pushed through the door and broke the aliens wrist. "Now that wasn't necessary, was it?" Wicket said. He isn't really one for being cruel.

"Yes it was necessary." Jelly replied with a grin on his face. "Ok lets go in."

It looked just as bad on the inside as on the outside. The tables hadn't been cleaned. Food stains covered the floor. While they walked, Wicket tip toed to try and avoid puddles of green goop. ICK! Wicket thought to himself. Soon they found a decent looking table to sit down at. He picked up a menu and immediately set it down once he saw a worm looking thing crawling around in the menu. "I'm not very hungry."

"Well don't eat anything just look at the menu!" Scooter whispered.

"But there is a nasty looking worm type thing in the menu!" Wicket whispered back.

"Dammit Wicket. Just take mine." Scooter replied as he shoved his menu to Wicket.

Riq and Bizza were talking in huttese. Wicket just stared in confusion, not knowing what they were saying. After a few more minutes they had finished. Bizza led them to there rooms. Each fire team would be sleeping in the same room. "Ok guys come here." Jelly ordered. "I think it would be good if we swept the room for any bugs." Wicket then went over to the supply closet and found a broom. He then started sweeping the room.

"AHHH!!! There is a bug right there!" Wicket screamed. He pointed to a dead rodent lying next to the bed.

"Wicket, thats not what I meant. I meant look for any type of equipment that my be being used to spy on us." Jelly said. "And just throw the damn animal out the window. Some homeless person might want it for food." Wicket picked up the rodent with a dirty towel that was in the bathroom. He went over to the window and tossed it out. He watched it as it fell at hit someone on the head.

"Hey!" the man shouted. Wicket quickly put his head back inside, then after a few seconds he looked back outside again and the man was eating the animal.

"I guess you were right Jelly. I hit someone on the head with it and ow he is eating it." Wicket said with amusement.

Jelly shook his head and sighed. "Get some sleep."

Wicket headed over to the bed and lifted up the covers. Nope no dead things in here. Wicket climbed into bed and dosed off.

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

Jelly Bean
ComNet Member

Jelly Bean

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  465
June 13, 2007 12:46:25 AM    View the profile of Jelly Bean 
    Jelly toke some time to look about the bar. The place was run down and under poor repair. On the main floor looked at what they called entertainment which where three very unattractive women dancing on stage with very poor rhythm. The music to Jelly was a harsh squeal compared to the Cantina music he enjoyed back on Tadath at the old bar He and Riqimo went to as recruits. Things had really changed since those days as they seemed years ago. Though in reality it had only been close to a year ago and here he was Fire Team Captain and a Corporal to boot. He just hoped he got his squad through this safely.

Jelly went and sat at the bar squeaking the stool under his weight.
"What'll you have?" The bartender asked wiping a dirt encrusted glass.

"I'll have a glass of Ewok Piss." He said back to the bartender. A few moments later a small glass with a shallow pool of brown liquid came rolling down in front of him. Jelly tipped the man before turning around to examine more of the bar from this perspective.

A Duros about two feet taller than the one guarding the door walked up to Jelly.

"You broke my brothers wrist I want you to apologize." The Duros grunted.

Jelly looked him up and down just nodding.

"What's got your tongue?" He grunted furiously.

"I'm getting a gag reflex from your stench what'd you do roll in the filth outside or was that your wife." Jelly retorted angrily.

The Duros lunged at Jelly which was a huge mistake. Jelly brought his foot out kicking him in the stomach then grabbing his right arm and twisting it far enough to break it. He then crushed his hand.

Jelly put a few credits on the pub.

"Sorry for the mess." He apologized before walking calmly back up stairs. He toke this time to check in with the team seeing Wicket was already asleep.

Jelly walked out of the Night Hawkes room and started for Alpha squad when he saw a figure with his head pressed up against the Alpha squad door. Jelly toke it casually and walked up behind the humanoid.

"Wretched imperial dogs I'll tell the officials about you." The man said snickering quietly. Jelly found it amazing that Riqimo hadn't already shot through the door. Jelly would just have to get rid of him for him.
The man turned to him he was human ,but was very small and weaselly as well as he had many bumps all over his face probably due to all the sweat that was pouring down his forehead.

The man looked into the face of the tall well built man standing there in front of him. By his reaction Jelly guessed  that the rat had guessed he was an imperial or at least someone that wasn't gonna be to pleasant about the eavesdropping that was taking place.

The man skirted to the side in the narrow hall ,but there wasn't enough room for him to rush past. Jelly simply reached out grabbing the collar of his shirt and yanked him backwards and fully to the floor. He picked the small man up easily opened the Alpha door and threw the man into the middle of the room.

"Sarge found this trash eavesdropping outside yalls door what do you wanna do with him?" Jelly asked holding the squirming man with his foot.

"I haven't hurt him yet but I can if you want me too." Jelly continued angrily apply pressure to the man's chest with his foot making his breathing harder.

"Whats your call Sarge?"

-----------------------
Eclipse Squad
{ComNet Nazi}
FTC/CPL Jelly Bean/2SQD/2PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/Tadath[EW1C][ES1C]

Jayne: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here.

[This message has been edited by Jelly Bean (edited June 14, 2007 12:21:23 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Jelly Bean (edited June 14, 2007 12:22:14 AM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  557
June 13, 2007 3:12:12 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Bizza's Shack - Operation House
Operation Time: 0545 Hours
Local Time: 2115 Hours

Riqimo looked at the man laying on the floor in front of him, Jelly had just come in and placed on foot on the man's back, obviously putting most of his weight onto that leg judging from the man's expression.  Riqimo thought uneasily about his options, the man obviously was going to be a hassle to keep locked up and they couldn't trust him to go free.  Plus, if we keep him, I will have to post guards...

Riqimo shook his head, "We have orders, Fury stated no prisioners and we can't let him free..." This wasn't how he had planned to start the mission, but there was no choice here.  "Jelly, try to be clean in asking him what he was doing and why, after that... make sure he checks out of the hotel."

Doc knew this was the only thing to do, but he still felt guilty of the man's short future.  "Oh and Jelly," he called out to the exiting trooper, "Keep it quite, there are other occupants in the hotel."

Operation Time: 0930 Hours
Local Time: 0400 Hours

"Brrring!  Brrring!"

Doc mumbled as he hit the switch to shut off the alarm, five hours of sleep didn't do much for energy but it was better than nothing.  He stretched his arms while sitting on the bed before heading to the shower before the rest of the squad could get up.  The only option was cold water or ice cold water, so the Squad Leader didn't spend too much time in it.

The squad had to start early if they were to get a head start on the recon work.  Riqimo wasn't quite sure what Jelly had done to dispose the body, but he head something in the kitchen right before bed and figured he might want to skip breakfast.

Alpha would stay at the operation house until 0800 hours local time, while the other squads left in thirty minutes to take up stakeout positions.  Riqimo almost envied them, meeting resistance group leaders certainly was the more dangerous of the tasks, but then he was the SL, he had the necessary authority to make deals with them.  To a point of course.

Roof of Unused Office Building, 1 Kilometer from Walls of base - Black Rose Stakeout
Operation Time: 1230 Hours
Local Time: 0700 Hours

Mustang looked through her electrobinoculars, scanning the gatehouse, the wall surrounding rhe base was about 25 meters high and had plenty of surprises at the top for the skilled climbers,  Plots of dying grass separated the wall from the nearby city buildings, the closest a half kilometer away,  A direct assault on the facility would be near impossible.  Riq certainly planned this carefully from all the intel he had gathered before they left.  Mustang had helped during that one hour before they deployed aboard the Moon Shadow, the Eclipse drop ship.  Riqimo wanted a quick landing and she was surprised at how quickly he was able to make arrangements with a Hutt and start a meeting with a resistance group en route.  He made it seem so... easy.

"Mustang," Scooter called out, "We got a first set of trucks moving out of the base, look to be troop transports, repulsor lift. Two of them."

Goblin grinned his trademark smile that made Mustang a little uncomfortable at times, "I got the lead one."

Scooter nodded, "I'll hit the second."

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited June 14, 2007 2:02:40 AM)]
Jelly Bean
ComNet Member

Jelly Bean

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  466
June 13, 2007 11:33:16 PM    View the profile of Jelly Bean 
"Yes Sir!" Jelly said as he picked the man up and drug outside the bar. The slum stuck of garbage and dirt but Jelly ignored that.He kicked the man in the back of the knees bringing him to the floor.

"I'm gonna ask you once why were you spying on us?" Jelly said calmly.

"I just figured I could get some money for the information." The man said squirming.

"Well ok." Jelly cut him self off by putting a round into the man's head.

Jelly jammed the body in one of the many trash incinerators. The smell of burning flesh wafted out briefly before it was covered up with burning trash.Jelly walked back calmly to the bar.

He took this time walking back to the bar. He took this time to to examine the buildings looking for ample places for their stakeout tomorrow. He made a note of a couple good ones on his datapad before walking back into the bar.

He walked past the patrons who swayed dangerously from drunkenness. Jelly made it up the stairs to Alpha's room poking in his head real quick. He made sure Riqimo knew that the job was done as well as he got info to keep in contact when they did the stakeout.

Jelly made it to his room sleeping on top of the blankets. Though after he felt a bump he lifted up the covers to find a dead rodent. Jelly picks it up and puts it right on top of Wicket before laying back down and dozing off.

Jelly woke up later and wondered around the room looking at the clock it was about two hours before they'd have to go so he decided to get Lain up. He walked down the hal to the Girl's room and knocked. Alpha had left so only Lain and the girls from Gamma would be in there. Lain came out of the room holding some clothes and looked up at Jelly.

"Yes Sir what do you need?" She asked politely looking down the hall a bit.

"I need you to shower and get ready we leave in two hours but I want everybody ready ahead of time." He replied walking back down the hall.

"Jelly woke up the recruit that was in Gamma squad and sent him down to their room for their mission briefing.

Jelly waited patiently outside the door of the shower which Lain currently occupied.
She finally came out of the shower fully dressed and ready to go.

"Go wake up Wicket over there and get yourselves some rations from my pack I know how inedible this food here is." Jelly said throwing his own towel over his shoulder and walking into the shower.
After about ten minutes Jelly walked out refreshed and back into Beta Teams room. Jelly kicked Wicket's bed waking him up fully.

"Hey get showered we're moving out soon ohh and did you like the present I left you?" He added with a playful smile.

"You son of a bi.." Wicket cutting himself off. "I'll just go take my shower."

"Good we got a big day ahead of us." Jelly said after him.

-----------------------
Eclipse Squad
{ComNet Nazi}

[This message has been edited by Jelly Bean (edited June 14, 2007 12:07:31 AM)]
Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  153
June 14, 2007 1:41:30 AM    View the profile of Wicket 
Wicket kept waking up in the middle of the night to strange noises coming from outside. What is going on out there. Don't they know I'm trying to sleep. What is wrong with people these days! Wicket thought to himself, trying to block out the noise. Soon the noise settled and Wicket finally got back to sleep.

Wicket woke up from Jelly singing in the shower. Wicket took a big yawn and opened his eyes. When his eyes finally focused, he saw a dead animal laying on top of him. "Ahhh!! What is wrong with this place and dead creatures everywhere. Get it off!" Wicket screamed.

"Heh." Lain giggled. "I think Jelly put that there last night after he killed that snoop."

"What snoop?" Wicket asked. "I thought this place was supposed to be safe. Well, obviously health safety is not their first priority, but I thought we were going to be able to lay low here."

"Well, I don't know. Anyway. Jelly was walking through the halls last night and I guess he saw a figure by Riq's door and went to go see what it was. It was a spy and Jelly killed him. You know who Jelly is. Apparently he put him in the trash incinerator. That's probably the scent I smelled last night. I woke up from an extreme scent of burnt flesh." Lain explained, while getting the animal off of Wicket and throwing it out the window to the guy that was there the night before.

"Well, that's Jelly for you. I kept waking up from weird noises. I finally got to sleep." Wicket said.

Jelly came out of the shower and got ready for the day ahead. "Whose next in the shower. Lain already took one so I guess you're up Wicket. It's all nice and cold for you. Oh yeah how did you like the little present I left you." Jelly snickered.

"You son of a bi..." Wicket didn't finish. He knew Jelly was just playing around. "Well just let me take this shower."

After Wicket took the shower, he got ready and hid his blaster in his clothes. "So what are we supposed to do again today?" Wicket asked.

"We are to go hideout in a building down by the military base and shoot tracking devices onto the trucks that drive out, so we can use that information later on." Jelly explained. "If everyone is ready we can get going." Lain and Wicket nodded.

They head out the rooms and down to the restaurant. A few patrons were sitting at tables waiting to be served. How could anyone eat here. Wicket thought to himself trying not to barf from the site of the poor hygiene of the place. As they walked through, a few servers came by with dirty trays of food. A customer was in the corner licking his lips as he noticed the food coming his way.

The Fire Team gathered outside. "Ok group. Last night when i was dealing with that little rat, I took some notes as to which building would be good to use as our hideouts. I have one good one that I think we should use. It's only a few blocks down. Fairly close to the base." Jelly lead the group in that direction.

Wicket was in the middle between Lain and Jelly so he wouldn't be scared too much. They walked through the streets and tried to be as casual as possible. After all, they didn't want to attract attention to themselves.

While walking down, Wicket took out his comlink and started to comm Riq. "Doctor, you there?" Wicket asked. Jelly soon took the comlink away from Wicket.

"What are you doing! We can't have anymore low lives like the one last night be on to us! Do you understand?" Jelly snapped.

"Yes. I just thought it a good idea to tell Doc what we were doing." Wicket said.

"Ok well we can do that later. Look we are at the building. Now I thought this would work because it is run down and no one would be asking us what our business is. So what I want us to do is to go to the top floor and just watch the trucks as they come out. I'll explain more when we get up there. Just go." Jelly replied.

The group head up to the top floor of the building. For a run down place, it was very nice. There were hardly any cracks anywhere. It didn't have a nasty smell, and most importantly, it didn't have any dead creatures. "This place is pretty clean." Wicket said.

They finally reached the top floor and located the window. "Ok Wicket now you can tell Sarge what we are doing." Jelly said.

Wicket took out his comlink and messaged Riqimo. "Doctor. We are at the building ready to shoot the tracking device. We are just waiting for trucks. Anything you wanna tell us? Wicket asked. He waited for Doc's reply. Jelly and Lain just looked out the window, waited and watched, the flow of traffic coming form the military base. Soon the trucks came.

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

Lain
ComNet n00b

Lain

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  18
Total Posts:  18
June 14, 2007 4:15:45 AM    View the profile of Lain 
Wickets attempts at raising Riqimo on the comm link failed. Lain was just about to remind him that their leader would be out of range when Mustang answered the call.

"Keep it down boy; we want to keep chatter to a minimum lest we get found out. We're in for the long haul remember so don't waste all your bugs on one class of vehicle."

All Wicket do was mutter "yes ma'am" before closing the link and returning his attention to Jelly, who was laughing quietly. Lain hadn't really noticed what was going on inside the building, so was too intent on the base gates.

Despite not having much training in the weapon, Lain was given one of the rifles with which to tag some of the vehicles belonging to the base they were now spying upon. She was nervous, but thought she was hiding it well. So far everyone in the squad had treated her really well, not at all like she'd expected and Wicket had been the more likely one to give them away by being jittery on their way to their stakeout.

Jelly brought her out of her daydreaming.

"Trucks at twelve o'clock people. Wicket, guard our six. Lain, pick one and tag the sucker."

Lain nodded and set up her rifle. She was so doubtful of her ability to hit their targets at this range that her first shot failed to stick and was crushed by the vehicle it was intended to adhere to. She apologised to Jelly, but he shrugged and encouraged her to try again. By now the armoured vehicles had begun to move in the opposite direction on their patrol route, taking them out of the trooper's range. Jelly had managed to tag one of them.

"Don't worry about it Lain, we'll get them when they come back. Or we could be lucky enough to see some other class of vehicle and get them on their way in or out. They must have to transport stuff into a place like that."

Lain nodded and Wicket continued his patrol around the room they were hidden in.  Jelly looked at Wicket.

"Do you really need to walk backwards and forwards like that? Surely you could just cover the exits."

Wicket looked back at Jelly. "Hm.. didn't think of that boss."

Jelly shook his head as Wicket lay down and watched the door they had entered through. Lain suppressed a laugh and waited for more targets to present themselves. She tried to make herself as comfortable as possible, and take in all that she could. After all, they would be there several hours and she might as well do some recon while they waited. After an hour or so their patience was rewarded with a convoy of what appeared to be supply vehicles and troop carriers. This time both Jelly and Lain successfully tagged vehicles, one a troop carrier and the other a supply vehicle, and Jelly congratulated her on a good shot. The easy part of their mission completed, they settled down to observe the entrance for the remainder of their 10 hour posting.

-----------------------
Eclipse Squad
TRP/PFC Lain/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
[This message has been edited by Lain (edited June 14, 2007 4:17:05 AM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Member
Imperial Baronet

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  560
June 15, 2007 12:53:25 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Operation Time: 1130 Hours
Local Time: 0600 Hours

Riqimo gave an exasperated sigh, "Figures that the recieving device will break in the drop pod fall..." Rising from the table that a complex-looking, but messy, device sat, the Squad Leader tossed RK a credit chip, "Kibs, mind running down to the shop down the road?  Just pick a deluxe comlink system, it should have the parts I need to make a new one."

As the former bounty hunter left, Brightstar peeked over her holozine, "What is that thing supposed to do anyways?"

Riqimo glanced at the mess of wires, exposed datapads, capacitors, and various chips connected to a couple power cells, "My latest invention, mind you she doesn't look like much cause the budget is low, but she works well.  All the tracking devices will transmit to the recieving device, which will then store coordinates in the designated datapads depending on the tracking device's signal code.  Then the data is analyzed after a while and the trucks that follow a repetitive route will be pinned down."

"Uh, huh... sounds good."

Riq chuckled, "Don't worry, it is simpler than it looks."

"I bet," Brightstar replied.  Doc was about to change the subject when RK walked in.

"Doc, got one, overpriced, but still got one."

"No problem at all Ryan, the military is paying not me.  All that matters is that I have one."  As Riq opened the package to start and dismantle the civilian comlink model, RK started for the door.

"Ryan..."
"Yeah?"
"The credit chip, please?"
"Ah yeah, sorry.  I'm gonna get something to drink before we set out."

Doc shook his head while tucking the credit chip into his vest pocket and turned back to the electronics set before him.

Undisclosed Warehouse Location - Resistance Group Headquarters
Operation Time: 1500 Hours
Local Time: 0930 Hours

"You are the Imperials?" a voice asked though a slit on the warehouse door.  Bizza had the Crusader Fire Team blindfolded and delievered to a location after checking them for tracking devices that weren't there.  Riq didn't worry, as he didn't need to know the location of this hideout, it was not essential.

"We brought them here, password is: Sochu ripu tuta may uson chu."

"Opening the door, bring 'em in."

Once again they were being led blindfolded almost randomly.  Riq figured the random patterns this time were not to confuse them, but to go around crates and whatever else may be stored in here.  Finally they were seated and the blindfolds removed.

A Rodian was standing before them in a sharp looking business suit, quite the opposite of what Riq had expected.  "Welcome, my friends.  Bizzu does well in sponsoring us from time to time and I am most please to meet friends of his.  He said that you have an offer?"

Riqimo nodded, "Indeed, Mister Dren Fre'ngel, we do.  The Vast Empire sees your struggle here on Abregado-rae and wishes to offer some assistance."

"Assistance?  Surely you don't mean that you will invade this planet and just let my people rule.  That differs from my vision."

"Not at all, simply a slight crippling blow to the so called 'militia' here that is more of a military police force.  You will be given the chance to hit their central base in the city and make off with a nice cache of weapons and ammunition.  You recieve all public regonition and credit for the attack."

"Really?  I think that Stormtroopers look slightly different from my beloved soldiers.  How do you plan this... strike?" Dren Fre'ngel obviously paused to leave out an adjective similar to 'poorly thought out' that clearly registered in his mind.

"Simple, my squad will gain entry to the facility, there are nine of his, the others are currently working on our entry point.  Once inside, we should have four trucks, that we will load with as much weapons and ammunition as possible.  While loading, some of us will... wander off to perform some simple tasks, namely shutting down the anti-air turrets."

"So we can bombard their base?" Fre'ngel's bug-like eyes lit up like stars, "I admit I had doubts at first and still do, but if you can pull this off... it would be a great victory."

"You do have craft capable of bombing, correct?"

"Indeed, but we have never used them due to the AA turrets.  And I have never had the men with necessary training to insert themselves and shut the AA turrets down."

Riqimo smiled, everything he had planned was going perfectly... he loved it when it worked out that way.  There was almost a certain beauty in seeing an carefully devised plan execute without fail.  And it couldn't fail, if it did, his squad would be walled-in with a base of nearly a thousand strong milita forces and no easy way out.  As their briefing state, They were alone.

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

[This message has been edited by Riqimo (edited June 15, 2007 12:53:43 AM)]
Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  156
June 16, 2007 10:24:21 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
An hour had passed. Wicket was walking back and forth monitoring the hallway. If anybody comes through this way, they will get their heads blown off. Wicket thought to himself as his hand gripped the blaster. "Wicket, will you stop walking back and forth. You're making me nervous. All you have to do is sit and stay on guard." Jelly snapped as he shot a bug at one of the trucks passed. "Hit!"

"Oh, didn't think of doing that." Wicket then laid prone on the ground. Not much was happening. He laid his head down on the ground. A few more hours passed. Lain and Jelly had no idea that Wicket had fallen asleep. Suddenly his head jerked up from the sound of something in the floor beneath them. "Guys, I heard something below us." Wicket whispered.

"What did you say?" Lain asked.

"I said...!" Wicket shouted then realized he was shouting so he lowered his voice, "I said that I heard something below us. I'm going to see what it is."

"Ok just be safe. We don't want to lose you, no matter how abnormal you are." Jelly said.

"Will do." Wicket said. He headed down the hallway, tiptoeing most of the way. He reached the stairway and kicked open the door. He poked his head in and surveyed the stairwell. His pistol was drawn ready to shoot anything that came his way. The coast was clear so he continued down the steps.

Wicket reached the floor below where he heard the noise. The floor looked like it was used for a business. There were about ten cubicles spread out through the room. As he scanned the room, he could hear what sounded like someone digging through a trash can. Wicket turned the corner then saw one of the cubicle wall fall to the ground. He pulled the trigger on the blaster in the direction of the wall. A Womprat crawls from behind the cubicle and makes an odd noise. "Shit!" Wicket screamed as he shot at it. It suddenly fell as the laser hit it right in the face. He finished patrolling the room.

After he had finished, Wicket rushed up stairs. "What was that? We heard you scream." Lain said.

"Oh, it was this giant Womprat that was like the size of two Riqimo's." Wicket said trying to catch his breath.

"Oh so it wasn't that big." Jelly laughed. "Ok well just get back to watching out for us. We still have a few hours left.

Wicket went back to walking back and forth out in the hallway. "Again with the walking Wicket!" Jelly shouted. "I will take out my blaster and shoot you and do the same thing I did with the other guy if you don't stop!"

"Sorry, I forgot." Wicket said. He went over to the window that overlooked the entrance of the building. This is a good place to look for intruders. Wicket thought as he gazed out into the streets.

------Meanwhile------

"Ok guys we only have to do two trucks hauling troops. That shouldn't take long. Goblin said he had the first truck, and scooter you have the second. I'll just watch guard." Mustang said.

Scooter just laid back and waited till it was his turn. Goblin fired one of the tracking devices onto the trucks. "Bah! Schickle de horf." Goblin blurted out some strange mumbled clump of letters. Mustang and Scooter just looked at him and snickered.

"What did you just say Goblin?" Scoot asked.

"I have no idea. But what I do know is that I missed the damn truck. Oh wait here comes another." Goblin aimed carefully and pulled the trigger. "Got it!" Goblin threw the rifle to Scooter. "Your turn Scoot."

Mustang was still on the lookout. "Are you guys almost done. Its been like..." Mustang looked down a her datapad, "like 15 minutes. It really shouldn't take this long to bug two damn trucks. We still have more to do after this you know."

"Well, Mustang, my dear." Goblin said. Mustang gave him a sharp stare. "Heh, well, see, Scoot was distracting me and I missed one of the trucks so I had to wait for another. But I eventually got one."

"I was not distracting you!" Scooter said as he shot at one of the trucks. "Ok look there. I got the last truck. What do we have to do now?" Scooter asked as he put the rifle away.

"Now we have to locate the AA turrets. Let's go." Mustang rallied the two and head out of the building.

------------

Back at the building where Night Hawke was situated, the group still had some bugging to do. I was Jelly's turn up at sniping. Lain had already bugged a few supply trucks as the passed. Jelly and Lain had noticed a pattern that the trucks were following. Every hour or so a new convoy would come from the base.

The hour passed with Wicket looking out the window as Jelly and Lain took a little nap. Once Wicket saw the first of the trucks come he woke Jelly and Lain up. "A new set of trucks are coming." Wicket said, shaking Jelly to awaken him. Jelly grabbed the rifle and aimed at one of the trucks. He pulled the trigger and it directly hit the truck. He reloaded the rifle with another tracking device and aimed at another truck. He repeated this until the convoy had passed. Jelly tried to doze off again.

The hour passed and Wicket woke Lain up from her nap. "Lain, another convoy for you to bug. This should be the last one. Our ten hours are almost up." Wicket said. Lain took the rifle, checked to make sure it was loaded and aimed at the trucks.

"These look like troop transports to me." Lain said. as she waited for the right time to shoot. "The last wave must have been supply trucks." Lain shot at the convoy. Just like Jelly she hit all of the ones she shot at.

"Alright, our ten hours are up. I think we can head back to the hotel now." Jelly said as he packed up.

The group head out the door and down the street towards the cantina. The streets were barren. It was still light outside, so the night prowlers were not out yet. They reached the cantina and entered. Patrons were finishing up their meals and exiting. The smell was still as raunchy as it was when they left in the morning. they entered the room and started to discuss the next plan of action.

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

[This message has been edited by Wicket (edited June 18, 2007 6:04:32 PM)]
Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  159
June 20, 2007 12:39:09 AM    View the profile of Wicket 
After the meeting, Riqimo felt very good about his plan. He looked down at his datapad. Jelly, Lain, and Wicket should be about done now. Or at least soon. He packed up his stuff and gathered RK and Bright. "Alright. This meeting went as planned. I am very happy about that. Now let's just head back to the cantina and gather up with the others and discuss what we are going to do next." Riq said. The group started out the door.

The streets were filled with debris and what not from trash that was not being dealt with. RK was kicking stray bottles with his feet as he walked passed them, like a child would do to a rock. Bright was having a casual conversation with Riqimo as they strolled along the destroyed path. The group was still on watch for anybody that might be spying on them. "Guys, just be wary of anyone that may be watching us. We don't want to give away any hints." Riqimo explained.

The cantina was now in view. They entered the cantina which had just opened a few hours ago. Riqimo looked back down at his datapad. Oh, Jelly, and them still have a while before they are done. Mustang and them are almost done, if not already here. Riqi thought to himself as he passed through the restaurant. "Ok, when we get back to the rooms, I guess you could take a nap if you want. Jelly, Lain, and Wicket wont be done for a while." Riqimo said. Bright and RK nodded.

------Meanwhile------

Black Rose Fire Team finished up with the tagging of the trucks and went on to find AA turrets and important buildings. Mustang took out her binoculars and started scoping the edges of the surrounding buildings for turrets. "Ok you guys. I got this part down, If you two wan to go and locate buildings you can. Just remember to keep the information you find in your data pads." Mustang said while scoping. Immediately after, she entered some info into her datapad. She had located one of the AA turrets in the back of the base. She continued to scan.

Goblin and Scooter were looking for the barracks, engine room, and other points of importance. They started on the left side of the base. "Well we already know where the garage is." Goblin said pointing to where the trucks were coming from.

"Right now if we can find the other places." Scooter said. The continued walking around, locating each part as they found it. "I think this may be the generator." Scooter said as he pointed to the top of a building with large metal parts protruding from the top.

"Good eye." Goblin said, entering the info into the datapad. After they had finished that, Goblin took out him comlink and messaged Mustang. "Are you done yet?"

"Yeah I'm done. I'm heading back to the building where we were sniping if you want to head back that way when you are done." Mustang replied.

"Will do." Goblin said. Scooter and Goblin finished up the mission and headed back to meet up with Sheila. Once they grouped back up, they headed back to the cantina.

"Doc should be in there if his meeting is finished. I think he wanted to discuss some stuff with us before we head off again." Mustang said as she opened the door to the cantina. The group headed back to Gamma Fire Teams room and saw Riqimo and the rest taking a rest. "Where is Lain and the rest?" Mustang asked.

"Oh they should be a while yet. I just let them take a nap till they got back." Riqimo said as he messed with his computer and the information that Sheila had given him from her datapad.

------------

Jelly, Lain, and Wicket had finished and headed to the cantina. Doc and them were passing the time by playing a game of cards. "We're back!" Wicket shouted as he entered the room and collapsed on the bed.

"Welcome back." Bright said.

"Ok now since everyone is here, let me explain what we are doing next. As you know Fire Team Night Hawke and Mustang placed tracking devices onto trucks that exited from the base. With that information, I am able to track where they are headed on this computer. I'll explain it more in detail later. So once all this information gathers, we will be headed off to hijack." Riqimo explained. "We will begin that tomorrow so get some rest and in the morning we will head off." Riqimo gave a final salute as the others filed off into their own rooms.

"Good job today. Even though it was long and tedious, it'll all be worth it." Jelly said as he headed off to sleep.

"Goodnight everyone." Wicket said, dozing off.

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

Lain
ComNet n00b

Lain

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  19
Total Posts:  18
June 20, 2007 3:32:46 AM    View the profile of Lain 
Lain hadn't spoken much all day, she'd been so apprehensive about her first mission that she hadn't felt like talking. They had done well, completing both the bugging of trucks and a little recon easily within their 10 hour mission time. She'd enjoyed it, but was also thankful when Jelly finally announced that it was time to leave. As soon as they reached the cantina and informed Riqimo of their success, Lain headed to her room and went to bed exhausted. Who would've thought that sitting around all day would be so tiring. She'd fallen asleep before either of the others had retreated to the room.

---

Lain woke early in the morning just as the sun started to show over the horizon and, forgetting where they were, paniced quietly for a minute or two. Once she had woken up enough for her brain to properly engage, she remembered what this strange place was and decided to hit the showers before anyone else could use all the hot water, not that there was much to use anyway. The others were still asleep when she'd finished, so she sat on her bed and reviewed their mission information, as well as the data all the teams had collected the previous day. No harm in being as prepared as possible for whatever was to happen next. She'd already read it repeatedly by the time her stomach began to demand breakfast and she slipped out to see if anything on offer was edible. Not much was, so she returned to raid one of the ration packs they'd brought along.

Now the rest of the squad was out of bed and in various states of preparation for whatever the day might bring. Lain sat and talked to Mustang about how she'd joined and if she liked being a stormie as much as she'd thought she would.

Riqimo overheard and quickly put a stop to the conversation."Undercover, remember!"

Lain was embarrassed that she'd forgotton so easily, but Mustang simply laughed the comment off, commenting that they hadn't actually explicitly mentioned the organisation she'd joined. Riqimo walked away shaking his head and called them all to attention for another briefing.

-----------------------
Eclipse Squad
TRP/PFC Lain/2SQD/2PLT/1CMP/1REG/1BAT/Tadath/VEA/VE
Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  569
June 22, 2007 1:30:39 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Operation Time: 3230 Hours
Local Time: 0400 Hours

"Sounds interesting." RK sat up in his bunk, still rubbing the sleep from his eyes..

"That's right buddy, time to done those commando outfits - we're going cloak and dagger!" a jubilated Riqimo replied while tossing datapads out.

"Gee, that's a real great offer.  However I'm kinda occupied being in bed and all&" Brightstar mumbled at the early hour they were rising.

"I'm afraid you don't really have a choice Bright."

"I see, its like that." Brightstar moaned half jokingly, dragging herself out of bed.

"Ok, well we're going to be quite busy. Each Fire Team has truck to intercept, I picked the ones that appear to be supply trucks rather than troop transports.  I would expect the supply truck drivers to be a little less experienced in combat and the plus size is there won't be a squad or two in the back."

Riqimo had finished handing the datapads out that contained the coordinates of their hijacking points, maps of the base, as well as other instructions, "Ok, the first idea is all commando raid for you. We'll be driving into the installation in stolen trucks.  We have to get in, shut down the Anti-air turrets, steal any troop information we can, and get back out without them knowing that's its been taken so no access logs can be left in the computer or tampering with the turrets. No cameras can see us taking the information or disabling the turrets, and no officers can stop us for questioning, we will be in mere worker uniforms, not soldier uniforms.  So an officers that see you will obviously question you and ask for identification."

"You make it sound rather simple for an infiltration." Jelly replied in an calm tone.

"Months ago I would have complained that it was too easy and tried to make it more difficult for us." Riqimo grinned, "I'm getting old, humor me."

"You're 25, you're in your prime."

"Oh, I keep forgetting that. Seeing how I've gone to hell and back twice and lived three lifetimes of experiences."

"And the best is yet to be," Brightstar smirked.

"I'll drink to that." Riqimo replied with a mock toast.  Outside he was smiling, inside he was concerned for his squad's safety.

"Ok. What is the second method?  You mentioned that earlier."

"Well this is kind of different. What we do is hijack already loaded trucks and empty them for the resistance group.  Then get inside the facility and after disabling the anti-air turrets, find our way onto one of the ships there.  We take a shuttle up to one of the New Republic 'advisor' ships in orbit.  With a crew of several thousand, we will have no trouble blending into the crew there as new assignees.  The big plus is we don't have to come up with an excuse to have three truck-fulls of weaponry taken out of the base."

"That sounds to be easier in terms of extraction," Lain commented.

"The problem being we have to stay in that role until it comes to the time we need to get out." Mustang inserted before her SL could mention it.

"Indeed."  Riqimo mulled it over. The first plan, if successful they could have as much as they needed to do, but if it failed it would be disastrous, they would be unable to find a way to escape, the second plan sounded a lot easier and a higher rate of success in terms of getting out of the base, it was once in orbit that they would have a problem.

"Why don't we do both?" Jelly asked.

"What do you mean?" asked Riqimo.

"Well if one of our teams went into the installation and brought out some extra arms, but the others left behind will get on the ship."

"That's not a bad idea, but we don't have time and resources to do both simultaneously.  Pick one."  Riqimo responded.

The squad went for a first plan, as it would not involve being on an enemy capitol ship for a while, where the harsh expanse of space, would trap them in the event something went wrong.

"Okay you folks already know how to behave on an undercover mission, so I don't have to go over that.  Your truck locations are on the datapads, once you have taken the truck, it will be driven and unloaded onto another truck at a designated point, also on the datapad, and filled with some odds and ends to make it appear what it should be to any scans at the gates.  We then ditch the trucks at the unloading dock and disable the anti-air turrets.  Once those are neutralized, we get back to our trucks, load 'em up and get out of there as soon as the bombs start to fall, odds are the guards won't question our removing weapons in that situation."

Near the intersection of Wommpa Lane and Heinie Way - Crusader FT Hijack Point
Operation Time: 3400 Hours
Local Time: 0530 Hours

Riqimo eased himself against the durasteel frame of the building, waiting for the truck to come inbound.  Their collected intel stated that it should pass this point about every three standard hours.  If it did not come by within thirty minutes, the Fire Team was going to be waiting quite a while.  Glancing at RK across the street on the building's fifth floor, he chuckled at the thoughts of their mission to Aquilaris, where the man actually thought Doc had married Bright, not the actual fact that it was cover arranged by the intel branch.  Riqimo seemed to love these undercover missions, even if they did confuse some troopers that he worked with.  Not this time, though, Riqimo smiled to himself, I think everything has been perfectly arranged.

Seeing the smirk on Riq's face, Brightstar inquired, "What's on your mind Riqqy?"

"Ah, just thinking about how we got our squad running smoothly, although I still miss Garet.  I mean he didn't do badly, but we were a little disjointed with him.  He cared about us in his... 'Garety' way, we were still important to him.  I know the Jester incident hit him pretty hard, but not that hard."

"Riq, he retired the squad because he knew that you would care for us, you showed it all the time even as a trooper."

Riqimo smirked, "Some hidden meaning in that?"

"Only what you find," Brightstar shrugged, Riq thought he saw a slight smile, but wasn't sure.

RK called out through the comlink from the building's fifth story, "We got the truck inbound, four guys in the cockpit."

"Roger that RK, let's get our positions set." Riqimo started to pull the construction worker vest over himself and hurried to the sewer system in the middle of the street to toss down a smoke grenade, which began spewing a constant stream of sulfurous smoke for the next twenty minutes.

Brightstar waved the truck to slow down, and when the truck stopped the driver rolled down his window, "What's happen lady?"

"Just a little problem with the sewers," Brightstar went through her carefully rehearsed lines, "Mind waiting a moment while we get this fixed?  It is a one way street so you can't turn around."

"Yeah sure, don't take too long though, we got weaponry that needs to get to the..." He was unable to finish his sentence as RK fired a sniper round into the man's chest, and Brightstar drew her D-15 pistol.  Riqimo threw the other door open and quickly fired carefully aimed shots at the other occupants.

By the time RK had come down from the building, Riq and Bright had already disposed of the bodies by dropping them into the sewage hole.  It wasn't a pleasant thing to do, but they had to put the bodies where they wouldn't be found.

"RK, you are driving, Bright will navigate us to the point we meet the resistance group to get them these weapons.  I'll monitor the truck comms as well as our squad comm channel.

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Brightstar
ComNet Initiate

Brightstar

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  140
Total Posts:  710
June 24, 2007 7:59:18 PM    View the profile of Brightstar 
Near the intersection of Wommpa Lane and Heinie Way - Crusader FT Hijack Point to Resistance meeting place
Operation Time: 3430 Hours

"Great all of a sudden I'm navigating again. Reminds me of that time I went through that astroid field just outside of the Naboo System." Brightstar said to no one in particular. She pushed her hair out of her face and and kept RK on the right course to meet up with the resistance group. "Or that time we ran into trouble near Kessel remember Riq. That was fun. And not to mention the time Ryan chased us half way across the galaxy." Bright smiled at the irony of the situation now. True RK had once been a bounty hunter but the irony of it all was that Riqimo Pershaw and her had once been the bounty. She shook her head and focused on the mission at hand.

During the ride, Bright would look back on her memories and wondered how in the name of the force she managed to get where she was today, in one piece no less. From time to time she would glance up at RK or Riqqy to get a gage on their thoughts and then would continue to watch the navigational screen. "We have less then 500 kilometers to the meeting point." she said as RK looked over at her. He only nodded and looked ahead again. Bright then began to check her weapons to be sure they could be reached if there arose a need for them.

"I noticed you didn't bring the Fire Blades." Riqimo said quietly. "Why not?"

Brightstar shrugged. "I don't know." She replied "Ryan take a left at the next turn."

"There's something new. Brightstar doesn't know?" Riqqy said casually as he monitored the comms coming and going between the squad.

Brightstar looked up sharply and glared. Riqqy knew what those weapons meant to her and he also knew that brightstar had never had a problem making decisions. Brightstar was always steady and knew what she wanted, but lately she'd been having a hard time. Perhaps it was that she felt she needed to know what she was capable of without knowing what she was going to do the next time she was shot or perhaps the next time she was in a situation that demanded she use every bit of knowledge she possessed. Mostly, Brightstar just needed to cut loose, to be spontaneous yet at the same time responsible and reasonable.

"We're here." Bright said suddenly as Rk pulled into position in front of what seemed to be just another loading dock worker. However, this one was different in the way he stood. He looked as if he was expecting them. "Might want to talk to him about that Doc. If I can notice so can any normal worker."

"You notice things that not many other people notice, Bright, but you are right." Riqimo whispered as they filed out of the truck. 

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

TRP/LCPL Brightstar D'Jonoc/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA
[This message has been edited by Brightstar (edited June 24, 2007 8:00:20 PM)]
Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  576
June 29, 2007 2:18:55 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Undisclosed Location- Weapons Dropoff Point
Operation Time: 3600 Hours
Local Time: 0730 Hours

"Alright, you Imperials," a Rodian knocked on the door, "We swapped the weapons for the junk, you are clear to go."

Riqimo nodded politely and flicked the squad comms, "Alright, everyone ready?  We are gonna drive as a convoy that way in case something happens at the gate, we are all there."

After receiving confirmation from the Fire Team Captains, Riqimo nodded to RK, "Alright Beta and Gamma, follow our truck, RK is gonna bring us in."

Gatehouse, Milita Base
Operation Time: 3625 Hours
Local Time: 0755 Hours

"This truck is late," the guard didn't even give a greeting to the occupants, "You have a reason for that?"

Riqimo handed the man the fake identification papers that identified him as an milita guard, "Yeah, they accidentally loaded the wrong stuff in the truck, we had to unload that and put the right stuff in.  You gonna let us in now?"

"Ah, yeah stupid civilians messing up our orders all the time.  Sorry about the gate beefing security up a little, there are reports of Imperials around, can't be too careful."

Riq held back a chuckle, "Indeed, I might feel a little more comfortable if the security was higher though.  If we haven't find those Imperials yet, no doubt they are very resourceful."

"Well, we guess only one squad, maybe two in the area, they have to be insane to attack our base."

Insane missions, that is Eclipse's specialty. Smirking Riqimo replied, "They certainly have to be, nice chatting though, but we got get these weapons in, the other two trucks behind us are with this convoy, let them in as well."

"Sure, no prob.  Convoys are a good idea right now.  Go on through."

...  ...  ...

The three trucks were parked at the unloading ramp in the southeast corner of the base, and Eclipse gathered around the rear entrance of the Beta truck.

"Alright Eclipse, we are in.  You all have your targets to hit, we don't want those bombers to get shot out of the sky.  Night Hawke, you have your targets on the east, Black Rose on the west.  Remember that you want to stay away from the officers."  As they left, Riqimo turned to RK and Brightstar, "You two mind grabbing a fork-lift and unloading these used power cells from the truck and loading a nice variety of weaponry in?"

Brightstar noted a small detail that Riq had left out, "And what are you doing?"

"I am gonna go wander on my own for a little time, just need to get into the command building and get some intel."

RK grabbed Riq's arm, "Doc, you are crazy if you go alone into that building, it is crawling with not just plain officers, but the top brass."

Riqimo smirked, "If I get it done, I'm a prodigy.  If I lose, then I'm crazy.  That's the way history is written...  Besides don't worry, I know how to do this stuff.  Plenty of experience, Bright will testify for me.  Oh, get those three turrets on the roof of this facility, will you?"

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  168
July 1, 2007 2:26:04 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
Night Hawke had just finished with getting the supplies from truck to truck. They then met with Riqimo down by the loading dock behind one of the trucks and was given the next set of orders.

"Ok guys," Jelly said. "You heard Riq, let's get going to the AA turrets on the east side of the base. Wicket since you are the Combat Engineer, I'm gunna have you re-wire the turrets so they won't work or something. Do whatever you can."

"Sure thing. I could probably re-wire them so that they blow up, or just to not work. I may do a mix. Anyway, I think we should get going." Wicket replied.

They headed down to the east side of the base. Militia personnel were wandering the halls going about their business. Some were talking on the comlink, others were moving supplies and what not. The AA turrets were in a room all by themselves so no guards should would be in the rooms.

After meandering about, Night Hawke found the first AA turret. "Alright guys. Maybe you could stay out here and be guarding, just to make sure no one sees me doing this. If someone comes, just like, I don't know, knock on the door or something." Wicket said as he entered the room, making sure no one was watching.

"Will do." Lain said.

Wicket entered the room with the AA turret. He browsed the room, looking for anything that he might be able to use. He found a box of charges in the corner of the room. I could use these to make the turret blow up when it tries to fire. Yeah that's what I'll do. Wicket went over to the box and grabbed a few charges and shoved them into a pocket on his worker's jacket.

He headed over to the turret and took out some wire cutters that he always carried around with him. Never know when you are gunna use these. Wicket said as he took them out. He located the wires and determined which ones would he would need to cut. He cut one of the wires and connected it to the charge and then took the half of the wire and reconnected it with one on the charge. He placed the wires along with the charge back into place and closed the little compartment that the wires were stored in. One down, two to go. Wicket headed back out the door. "On to the next one."

"Did you get it done?" Lain asked.

"Yeah it will detonate when it tries to fire." Wicket replied.

"Good. I think you should just cut one of the wires so the turret doesn't work on this next one that you do. We don't want any suspicion." Jelly said.

They headed down the hall to the next room. It was not that far away, just right around the corner. "Again, just knock on the door if someone is approaching." Wicket said.

Wicket entered the room and went directly to work. He had gotten far enough to cut the wire when there came a knock on the door. Wicket got up and opened it. To his surprise it was one of the militia personnel. "What are you doing?" The guard asked.

"Oh, I was just checking to make sure the turrets were working. I wanted to make sure they worked because it is rumored that there is some imperials around here. So I just wanted to be safe. As you can tell this one wouldn't have worked. See how the wire is cut. I was just reconnecting it." Wicket explained.

"Let me see some identification." The guard asked.

Wicket pulled out his papers that were given to him by the resistance group. He handed it to the guard. The guard looked over the papers and handed them back to Wicket. "Alright, well hurry up and finish. You have other work to be doing."

The guard left. Wicket wiped a bead of sweat off his forehead when the guard left. That was close. Wicket thought as he pretended to fix up the wire, just incase anyone was watching. He placed the broken wires back into place and left the room.

"What the hell was that!" Wicket whispered. "Why did you guys not knock."

"We didn't know he was there. We were around the corner watching if anyone was coming from the opposite direction." Jelly said.

"Well, you almost blew our cover. Just don't let it happen again. All we have is one more left. Let's go." Wicket said, his heart pounding.

They arrived at the last turret. This time, Wicket decided to do the same as he did with the first. He entered the room and took out one of the charges. Wicket cut the wires necessary and re-wired them properly. He put the wires back into place and left the room. "Ok, we are done. Let's get back to the trucks?" Wicket asked.

"Yeah, I think thats where Doc wanted us." Jelly responded. They headed back to the trucks.

Once back at the trucks, the group acted like they were doing work. All they needed to do was wait.

-----------------------
EclipseSquad

Jag Fel
ComNet Member

Jag Fel

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  414
Total Posts:  439
July 4, 2007 5:17:39 PM    View the profile of Jag Fel 
Scooter offered his hand to Mustang who slapped it away and put her feet firmly on the roof of the building. "Scooter, I've warned you once, offer me your hand like that again and I'll break it. Clear?"

"Yes ma'am" Scooter replied, "but why the hell are we taking the bigger half of two evils when we would be safer and less conspicuous if we sabotaged the control rooms."

Goblin offered the explanation, "Yes but I have some toys that will cause the cannons to backfire and blow up the cannons and there control rooms. This way there wont be a chance to repair them before we leave this rock behind."

"Enough chatter, stay low and keep out of sight. We don't need to get spotted!"

Scooter muttered under his breathe, "Coming from the gal who has blonde hair which sticks out up here&"

"Just let me handle the jokes OK Scoot?" Goblin whispered ass he caught up to Mustang.

Once they all reached the first AA turret Mustang signalled Goblin to get to work. He pulled out his sonic-screwdriver and quickly unhooked the cover to the turrets coolant feed-line.

"Now then boys and girls& once this line is cut and I seal it to avoid leaks after about three shots the whole thing is gonna need that coolant and then& well I'll let your imagination run wild."

After moving on to the third and cutting finishing the job they proceeded down the ladder from the opposite end of the building.

"I don't want us chancing going back they way we came& we were lucky not to get spotted on that roof and I don't want to risk a return trip." She looked around and slid down the ladder the other two closely following. Now that our main objective is done I want us to do some secondary objectives for fun. Scooter did you bring that explosive like I asked?"

"Have you ever known me to pass on things that go boom?" Scooter replied as he took it out of concealment. "You just let me find the sweet spot and I'll make sure you will see this ball of fire from orbit!"

After reaching the barracks unhindered they found that this particular one had automated Turrets on the roof. A plan started forming in Scooters mind, " Mustang, if Goblin here does his stuff on the turrets on the roof and I attack this to the barracks gas or electric line, it might make a big enough explosion to damage the structural integrity of the buildings surrounding it. And with the turrets shaking from the rebound it might make them collapse."

Mustang looked at Scooter and smiled, "I think that brain of yours isn't so empty after all! Goblin get on the roof, Scoot attach the line& I'll keep look out."
They both gave mocking salutes at their FTC as Goblin climbed the maintenance ladder and Scooter found the gas power line that supplied the building and turrets.

Once everything was done they went to the rendezvous back at the trucks to find the Night Hawke team all ready there.

"What took you guys so long?" Jelly asked looking out for their Squad Leaders return.

Scooter smiled and answered before the rest, "Just a little recreational demolition." 

-----------------------
"You think you can run this ship better?"
"Yeah."
"Well...you cant!"
Serenity

"Did you know the New Republic dont like to be shot at? Worked that out for myself."

Jayne: "Don't know these folks, don't much care to"
Mal: "They're whores"
Jayne: "I'm in"
Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  584
July 4, 2007 8:31:55 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Riqimo walked into the officer's rec room casually, all eyes turned to him instantly, "Excuse me, but could I have someone come with me?  There has been a minor incident that needs a report filed for."

The room was silent for a moment before a tall, red haired man stood up and nodded, "I'll file it then, lead the way to the incident."

Riqimo would have prefered a shorter officer, but then he would take what he could.  The man followed the Squad Leader out of the door, and they went down the hallways, "What happened?"

"Oh, one of the staff accidentally broke a machine by dropping a tool inside of it.  nothing serious, but a report still needs to be filled."

Riqimo took a left turn and seeing that the long hallway was empty, turned around with a swift kick to the officer's gut.  In the same fluid motion, he grabbed the man's neck who had bent down low enough from the impact for Riq to reach.  Snapping it, Riqimo took a quick glance down both ends of the hallway before cramming himself into a medium sized closet with the man.

...  ...

The uniform was significantly too large, Riqimo had to cut part of the sleeves off, and the pants legs also had to be cut.  The pant's weren't a problem, as they were tucked into the oversized boots.  The shirt and the baggy lumps around the waist would attract attention if anyone looked closely.  Luckily though, Riqi didn't have to get near anyone.

Walking through a large hallway to a small blast door, Riqimo unclipped the identity capsule from the collor and inserted it into the doorpad.  Sighing at the request for a fingerscan of the right thumb, he pulled a small baggie out of his breast pocket with the requested finger.

Once inside the empty data mainframe, Riq found the nearest computer console and hooked a pre-programmed datapad to the terminal port.

--Unauthorized Datap...%^$&*

%*@!%)&+....
=_%o*&^%...
)^co48$g...
D(co^#ng...
Decoding...

You have full access, enter command:

Download all files priority = 1 && Security Clearance Level > 5

Downloading... Downloading... Download Complete.  Enter command:

Unplugging the datapad and powering down the console, Riqimo would review the information later.

...  ...  ...

Riqimo held his hands up, "Hey don't shoot, I'm on your side."

Jelly Bean lowered his rifle, "Sorry Doc, that uniform made me think you were the enemy."

"Yeah, well it doesn't fit me, anywho everything done?"

Mustang nodded, "Yeah, we even placed a few charges around a barracks, nice big fireworks display is in order."

"Great, bombing run will start in exactly," Riq glanced at his chrono, "twenty three minutes.  We will blow them at that time.  As soon as the bombs are a fallin' we're ramming out the gate to the designated weapon drop-off point.  From there it is back to the operational house."

As the fire teams shuffled back to their trucks, the alarms started to ring.  "Dammit," Riqimo muttered before shouting to the squad, "Step up the plan we are ramming that gate now!  Stupid resistance group can't keep a schedule like the military.  Mustang blow that barracks now, get a little confusion running."

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

"Stormtroopers don't die; they just go to hell to regroup."

Eclipse Squad

Jelly Bean
ComNet Member

Jelly Bean

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  476
July 5, 2007 11:19:50 PM    View the profile of Jelly Bean 
Jelly walked around to the right side of the truck which would ram the gate. He settled into the driver seat and then looked at his team mates. "Lain I want you to drive ok because Wicket is too short to drive and Wicket you just sit in the back I guess." Jelly ordered pulling out his Riot Suppression  from under the dashboard loading a clip into it.

"Doc we're ready to go" Jelly called over the radio turning to Lain. "Floor it." Jelly brought the rifle up and supported it on the door shooting the gate guard punching a couple holes in his chest. The truck lurched forward heavily gaining speed slamming into the gate and breaking the hinges. The gate buckled from the blow of the vehicle buckling outward scrapping on the top of the vehicle. 

The convey of all three squad trucks got out of the base just as  the Rebel's mortars started striking the base. All that could be heard as Jelly's truck departed was the explosions  and faint cries of pain.

"Well that was fun wasn't it." Jelly said to Lain and Wicket.

"I hope you guys know we're not done." Riqimo's voice said over the closed circuit radio.

"What Doc?" Jelly asked

"We're not done yet I'll be receiving a briefing from Fury soon so be ready." He finished

"Dammit well sorry guys we're not done." Jelly apologized seeing is team was tired from all they had done so far.  "It must be something really big for high command." He spoke in thought.

The truck's engine seemed to scream in pain as it was in poor repair. Jelly wondered why they had idiot drivers who couldn't even take care of their damn trucks. "It disgusted me that they have such crappy trucks and it's only because the morons don't take care of them." He said with a frustrated tone of voice. Lain swerved a couple times nearly hitting bystanders and some of the Rebels that where now in the street shooting soldiers.

"Jeesh Women can't drive." Jelly replied holding onto the dashboard with a death grip.

"I Second that Sir." Wicket yelled from the back being flung about as there was no safety harness .

"I would like to say please don't kill us before the mission is over Lain." Jelly yelled as he slide back and forth in the passenger seat. Lain only turned slightly and glared.  He looked away from her glare and focused back on the road. There was a satisfying crunch as Lain ran over one of the soldiers that got in the way of the truck. His gun went off puncturing a couple holes in the windshield all the bullets flew past their heads.

"That was close eh Wicket?" Jelly asked turning to see a shocked look on his Face obviously the bullets had nearly hit him. He promptly fainted laying on the floor of the truck shifting with the motion.

"So Doc what is next for us and the rest of the troupe?" Jelly asked turning to the front.

-----------------------
Eclipse Squad
{ComNet Nazi}

Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  589
July 6, 2007 10:09:15 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
Operation Time: 6000 Hours
Local Time: 2130 Hours

Riqimo was alone in the main bedroom, the rest of Eclipse was enjoying a few good drinks; the medic was trying to make contact with the Army High Command.  The intel he picked up was more than he bargained for, and Eclipse would stay behind when the rest of the squads left the planet, should the AHC agree to such a perfect target.

"Eclipse, this is Dominion, do you read?" one of the capitol ship's many communications techs responded.

"This is Eclipse, put me through to Fury, code: bantha, giza, saber, queen."

Almost instantly, Fury was speaking, "Something wrong with your extraction, sergeant?"

"No, sir, I have downloaded intel from the militia's mainframe, I have the location of every NR 'advisor' barracks on the planet.  If we hit one, we can draw attention to the New Republic presence on the planet."

"I see the the political advantage that way, if you feel that your squad can handle this, then you'll have to be completely alone, the only VE forces on the planet."

"I understand, in fact I would like to request Griffin and Hawkins as reinforcements, we could use their expertise."

"I'll call them in from Tadath, along with an old squad mate of yours, Jag Fel."

"Jag?  We certainly could use a little more heavy weaponry to pack a punch."

...  ...  ...
Downstairs in a booth
...  ...  ...

"Alrighty, we got three days to hang around here before hitting a ripe target of three highly trained New Republic 'advisor' trooper training the local militia.  They are outside the city, on a nice big open plain.  About a hundred kilometers outside city limits for those curious.

"Griffin, Hawkins, and Jag should be drop podded into the city in two days, we will make sure they get safely here, then we get another day of rest while planning our strike. Any questions?"

...  ...  ....

Roaring Reek Cantina
Operation Time: 6830 Hours

Riqimo sat in a empty cantina with a Rodian discussing some basic operational procedures, "We will need the transport designated on the datapad," Riqimo slipped a datapad, few pieces of flimsi, and a credit chip countaning an outrageous amount of credits.  "Also some blueprints, orbital photos, whatever you can get me will be highly rewarded."

The contact widened his eyes at the credit sum on the chip, no easy feat for a Rodian, "You will have everything I can arrange, schedules for the gate, wiring maps, and so on."

"Tomorrow?"

"It will be ready tomorrow, pick it up here, same time, same place."

Riqimo nodded, paid for their drinks with a generous tip and left back to the operational house before the rest of Eclipse awoke, they were taking full advantage of a day off by sleeping late.  Walking back, he pondered the situation Eclipse was in, some regret rising from the back of his mind.

I could be bringing them to their death, I mean three New Republic Companies and three or four militia companies?  What was I thinking...  I swear that I will not give any of them the most dangerous tasks, those are mine, mine alone.  I can die for them, I cannot possibly imagining them dieing for me, that is too much to take.

-----------------------
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Jag Fel
ComNet Member

Jag Fel

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  418
July 6, 2007 4:03:35 PM    View the profile of Jag Fel 
"Listen to me. I need to have the Boss here right now, tell him its Jag Fel and he better hurry up. I didn't pay a small fortune while I was gone to keep my weaponry in some ditch were any hacker can get to!"

"As I've all ready said sir he is in a meeting and he wont be able to accommodate you for another hour at least." The droid replied in its dull tone.

"OK you bucket of bolts," Jag pulls out his slug gun, "now this here is a finely crafted Slug gun, and I would have no trouble shooting you right now& so call the boss and tell him it's me OK?"

"Of course sir, there's no need for violence." The droid replied watching Jag smile through its photoreceptors.

_________5 minute's later________

"Monty!" Jag shouted over the hangar-like warehouse. "Good to see you again!"

One night on the main strip in Tadath jag had stopped Monty from being mugged and killed and since then they've been the best of friends.

As they shake hands Monty replies, "You too Jag, how ya been?"

Oh just came back from what some might call a vacation, and I need my& for want of a better word armoury."

Monty chuckled, "Sure just do your prints and retinal scan and I'll do the authorization code."

After everything was done the doors slowly opened to reveal rows of weaponry he kept in storage due to lack of room in the barracks. He picked up a plain zip bag and looked around the storage facility.

Lets see& I guess Vera and my pistol will do. Jag thought to himself as he picked up his A280 Armour-Piercing Heavy Blaster Rifle.

"All right Monty thanks. Make sure you're quicker next time though." Jag said with a laugh as they said their good byes and Jag left the storage compound.

________VEA Base, Eclipse Barracks__________

Jag put his bag down on the floor as he entered; all Kairo had said was to get to the Eclipse barracks to fins his orders. After a sweep he found a bag with his old Eclipse's stormtrooper armour, with a datapad inside.

To: Jag Fel

RE: Eclipse Deployment

Encryption Code: Accepted

All right Fel, you need to report to the hangar bay where you will meet your pilot and Eclipse's two other reinforcements and will then be en-route to back-up Eclipse.

Kairo

Ah the short and sweet message Jag thought as he put his rifle into the bag with the armour and decided to keep his civilian clothing on and change when needed.

_______ Hangar Bay _______

After reaching the hangar bay Jag was approached by a pilot who questioned his identity and told him to get on board. After stowing his stuff away he went forward and asked the pilot for their destination.

"Were going to Aurek, were you and the other two in the drop shuttle will be Eclipse's reinforcements for doing something that is on a 'need-to-know basis.'" Cartwheel finished with a sarcastic note.

"So that's all you know?" Jag asked just to make sure.

"Of course& not like I need to hide anything." He muttered under his breath, as Jag went back and into the drop shuttle to find the technician and tactician there.

After passing the time away discussing aspects of the mission and playing Sabacc  which proved highly profitable for Jag. The Pilot called out, "We are ten minutes from our destination. Get ready for  as I like to call  a Hell Jump!" 

-----------------------
"Yeah."
"Well...you cant!"
Serenity

"Did you know the New Republic dont like to be shot at? Worked that out for myself."

Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  592
July 9, 2007 12:40:33 AM    View the profile of Riqimo 
"Okay Jelly and RK, you boys are to rent a speeder and head out to the hills marked on this map.  That is where Jag and the rest of the guys will land.  It is too risky to land them in the city with the constant patrols looking for the resistance group."

"You girls mind doing some basic recon work? " Riqimo nodded to the three women of Eclipse, "I just need a check up on the base we had bombarded, let me know their status."

"The rest of you, just hang around here, I'll be back with some intel that we need."

...  ...  ...

Riqimo was back in the Cantina booth he was seated in just the day before, the familiar food stains on the table before him.  The contact was running late, hopefully he had not run into any difficulty.

"Sorry, I am late," the green skinned Rodian took a seat across from the Eclipse Squad Leader, "I found something a little extra and had to take the time to get it ready for you."

"No problem," Riqimo nodded from his drink, "Just as long as we get what we need."

The Rodian slid three datapads across the table, "These are the basic blueprints of the base, just outlaying the major areas, the top secret areas are not marked of course, but orbital photos can give you a general idea, those are on this datapad.  Also electical wiring plans, and the entire vent system for the non-secret areas."

Riqimo took the datapads and slipped them into a small pack he had just set on the table, "Anything else?"

"Yes, a layout of the mine field, truck entry points with their schedules, as well as some codes for security doors."

"Nice, and the transport I requested?"

"It will be raady at the point you requested."

"I see that our business is complete then.  Your sum as previously agreed and a little bonus."

...    ....  ...

(OOC - Little short, but time is an issue right now.  I will expand later, but the instructions remain the same)
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Jelly Bean
ComNet Member

Jelly Bean

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  480
July 9, 2007 2:51:50 PM    View the profile of Jelly Bean 
The old speeder lot was almost barren except for the babbling salesman and his two possible customers. The short squat Hutt floated on an anti grav panel which allowed him to move his sluggish form around the lot.

"This Arrow-23 Tramp Shuttle is in good condition." The Hutt said in basic which was painful to listen to.

"I don't know I don't really like the color got anything in green." RK said thinking about the vehicle.

"RK we're doing a mission does it matter what color the damn vehicle is jeesh your like a woman always complaining about the damn color it's only&" Jelly trailed off as he couldn't complain much either he hated the color.

"It's only what Pink!" RK yelled proving he was quite disgusted with the color.

"Your right do you have anything less ummmm colorful?" Jelly asked moving to look at a faded blue V-35 Courier. "This is more like it." Jelly inspected the vehicle eventually  nodding satisfied with the condition of the vehicle.  "We'll take this one."

Moments later the speeder sped down the long dark street. Though it was day Jelly decided to take some back roads to their destination to keep out of sight .

"So why did we choose this POS Jelly?" RK asked squirming in the torn up seat 

"Well its better than most of the other crap he had in that lot." Jelly replied uncaring as he turned another corner and came out on the main road that led out of the city.

"We just need to get there and then get back and this POS will do that." Jelly said patting the dashboard  as he would any of his weapons. RK just snorted and went back to looking out the window.

After a while Jelly started a new conversation. "So we're finally gonna have Jag back huh excited to be working with him again."

"Yeah be just like the old days with him back will kinda feel how it used to feel when Garet was still squad leader." RK said chuckling "Nothing wrong with Riqimo he really takes after Garet and is as just a good leader as Garet was." Rk said

"Yeah just like the old days I just hope he isn't rusty after this time of inactivity." Jelly said chuckling slightly.

The buildings passing by seemed to melt away as they left the city. The location of the landing was well away from the city about two hours drive.

When they reached the landing point Jelly powered down the speeder and stepped out and leaned against the front of the speeder. The wind began to whip up blowing dust as a speck in the sky came hurtling down towards them.

The large dropship came to a rest in front of the speeder  blowing up a lot of dust under their engines. The humming coming from the ship began to die down as the engines powered down. The small lift lowered from the bottom of the ship with three figures dressed in civilian clothes.

"Welcome to Abregado-rae where the streets are dirty and the women are diseased as well as most of the food taste worst than a fried Ton Ton." Jelly said beaming as his old friend stepped off the platform.
Eclipse Squad

{ComNet Nazi}

Jag Fel
ComNet Member

Jag Fel

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  421
July 9, 2007 5:31:13 PM    View the profile of Jag Fel 
___________10 Minutes from drop_________

"What!?" Jag replied over the intercom, "You said nothing about using this death trap! I've done one in the past month& and it's no picnic!"

A muffled curse came over the intercom as Cartwheel replied, "Yeah well, looks like theirs a malfunction with the drop clamps so I've had clearance to land in a place with hills to give us some cover. So you guys might as well sit tight and let me give you as smooth a ride as possible&"

__________Cockpit__________

Cartwheel turned the intercom and finished his sentence,"&Well, as smooth as I can with this hulk."

Hawkins voice came over the intercom this time, "Cartwheel, not that I'm questioning your ability to fly this ship but why are the engines overheating?"

Cartwheel bit back over the intercom, trying not to lose his concentration, "Because we're entering the atmosphere& now!" Cartwheel flicked a switch as the engines were stalled to get rid of the heat signature. The intercom still transmitting was broadcasting Hawkins shouting ah he hit his head when the engine stalled and Jag laughing at his efforts of getting up.

Two hundred meters up the repulsors kicked in and Cartwheel gave the engines a cold start-up and aimed it towards the hills.

________Back of Shuttle_________

Jag was the last to get up when the ship steadied and levelled out. He knew that once they left the ship he was responsible for the safety of the tactician and technician even if they were trained for combat. He went into the cockpit to look at the hilly terrain in front of them and thought how ugly it looked with the city in the distance.

Once he was sure that Cartwheel had everything under control he went into the back and inspected his armour piercing rifle in case it was damaged during transit and positioned himself ready to release the hatch and take out any hostile in the vicinity.

Hopefully Riq would of come or at least Jelly Bean or RK& Jag thought, at least not Wicket& Jag hoped, remembering how annoying he was on his first mission with the squad.

Cartwheel called to the three members of Eclipse, "All right, thirty seconds until landing. And Jag I've made visual with a speeder and what looks like two people. No telling if their hostile right now because we have orders to maintain radio silence."

"All right," Jag called back, "I'll be ready for whoever's out there." After saying this he switched the safety off his rifle and got ready to open the hatch door.

"All right! Open the hatch when you're ready. It doesn't look like they have any weapons in sight though." Cartwheel called, but Jag had all ready opened the hatch and poked his head out the hatch& to see Jelly Bean and RK standing by a beaten up old POS that looked like spare parts for a ship during the Sith war.

"OK guys, grab the equipment, it's all clear out there. Just some old squad mates there to meet up with us." Jag said to the 'non-combat' personnel as he picked up the bag containing his armour and went out to meet with his friends.
"Yeah."
"Well...you cant!"
Serenity

Wicket
ComNet Initiate

Wicket

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  175
July 9, 2007 6:50:41 PM    View the profile of Wicket 
Wicket had been waiting in the cantina patiently while the others were on their assignments. Food was coming and going from the kitchen. It was either burnt or inedible. Mostly inedible, but either way, gross. It still hadn't phased Wicket's mind that he had actually been eating the food for 4 days. It's time for a real meal. Wicket thought as he gagged at the site of one of the plates of food passed him. Wicket rose from his seat and went over to Scooter, who was also just sitting there. "Let's go get some good food." Wicket said. "I think we should get some for the others as well. They have been working hard. I think we all deserve a good meal."

"Yeah that's a good idea." Scooter said. "Do you have any idea where we can find a market with decent food?" He asked.

"No, but we can just walk around. We will eventually find some place." Wicket replied.

The two head out the door in search of some food. They traveled the streets and went down each corridor. After about thirty minutes of walking, they came upon Hor-baars Food Market Wicket opened the door and let Scooter enter. Inside the air was fresh and cool. It was like they were on a different planet. Everything was clean and neatly organized. There were many different aisles to choose from. "Wow this place is nice." Wicket said. "Mark it down in your data pad. Anyway let's start shopping. I think we should get something for everyone. So that's..." Wicket starts counting on his fingers, "...Me, you, Doc, Jelly, ..., Lain, Bright, Sheila, RK, and what's his face. So that makes nine. Oh wait, Jag is coming so ten, and his two people he's bringing with him. So I guess twelve. Pick out different items, then they can choose which they want." Wicket said.

Scooter nodded. They headed down each aisle picking out items that looked good. They had choose a few Bantha Breakfast Biscuits, Cavaellin Creams, Stewed Gwouch, and some Zella nuts. "Well this should be good. How about some drinks too?" Scooter asked.

"Yeah Scoot, we don't want to be drinking that swamp water. I thought I saw some good drinks over there." Wicket said as he pointed toward the drinks.

"Ah, now this stuff is good!" Wicket shouted as he grabbed five bottles of Wookiee-Wango from the shelf. "This stuff is made with Sullustan Gin. I should know how good that is." He continued looking through the different selection of drinks.

"Maybe we should get some juice too so we don't get drunk." Scooter suggested. He grabbed some Calamarian C-Tea. "Can't really find any non alcoholic drinks." Scooter said as he headed over to the cashier. Before Wicket went with him, he grabbed some Jawa Juiice. Riq should like this. Wicket snickered.

They checked out the items. It wasn't a lot of money but it sure wasn't cheap. "You have a really nice place here." Wicket told the man behind the counter.

"Thanks. This is the nicest in this part of town. I don't think you can find too many like it." The man replied. Wicket handed the man his credit chip and he scanned it. He gave the the receipt and headed out the door. "Have a nice day!" The man shouted. Wicket and Scooter waved.

They headed back to the cantina and went to their rooms. They unloaded the groceries and sorted them out. "I guess we should just wait till they get back then, eh?" Scooter asked.

"Yep. Guess so." Wicket replied. "Up for a game of Sabacc?" Wicket asked.

"Sure." Scooter said as he dealt out the cards.
EclipseSquad

[This message has been edited by Wicket (edited July 9, 2007 6:53:39 PM)]
Jelly Bean
ComNet Member

Jelly Bean

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  481
July 9, 2007 10:16:28 PM    View the profile of Jelly Bean 
The three stepped off the platform onto the rocky ground.

"Well it is amazing your pilot could land in such an area Doc sure employs suicidal pilots." RK said giving a nod to the Pilot.

Jag stepped off the platform and moved up to his old friends. Jelly gave his old friend a quick embrace and stepped back shaking Jag's hand. Rk stepped forward and did the same as Jelly did then stepped back.

"Well its good to see you two as the welcoming party I'm glad Riqimo wanted me to feel welcome." Jag said chuckling.

"I know he didn't want to send people you had barely or never  worked with." Jelly said picking up one of the bags and throwing it into the speeder.

Colonel Griffin walked up to the three old friends and cleared his throat.

"Ahh sorry Colonel Griffin." Jelly said saluting the man. "The rest of the squad is holed up in a hotel in the heart of town right now we'll bring you to them." Jelly said only getting a nod from Griffin. Griffin got into the back seat of the speeder followed by  Hawkins. Jelly, RK, and Jag crammed into the front seat.

Jelly revved the  engine which sputtered and died.

"Dammit." Jelly cursed stepping back out. RK followed and both of them opened up the engine and inspected it. After a couple moments Jelly reconnected the charging cord which sent energy to the engine. It sputtered and came back to life. Jelly and RK jumped back into the front of the speeder and turned the speeder back around  and sped back towards the city.

The ugly sprawling buildings came into full view after a long drive from the hills. There wasn't much talk between the old squad mates though. The city passed by as they made their way back to the Hotel.

"So what has changed in my absence?" Jag asked bringing a bit of conversation which brought everybody out of the silent trance they had been in.

"Well Wicket is still as fresh and annoying as ever and well we have a couple members like Lain and now I'm a Fire Team Captain of NightHawkes Team." Jelly said proudly.

"So both of you are Corporals I see well I have some catching up to do." Jag said patting the rank insignia that declared him a Lance Corporal.

"Well you'll be there one day years from now." RK said smiling joking with Jag.

Jag laughed horribly with a fake laugh glaring at RK. "After all this time I've been gone and your still not funny RK." Jag said wickedly.

"Now Girls calm down we don't need yall getting each others panties in a twist." Griffin said to the two.

"I will pull this speeder over and I don't think yall want me to do that." Jelly said angrily then breaking the seriousness with a chuckle.

Jelly picked up the closed circuit radio and sent a signal to Riqimo making him aware of their return. Jelly brought the speeder smoothly into the parking garage behind the hotel. The engine died conveniently once it had parked.

"Great oh well I wasn't expecting it to last any longer really." Jelly said kicking the side of the speeder which blasted out a torrent of smoke.

The new comers and Jag pulled their bags out of the back and they made their way to the rooms that Eclipse had acquired.

"So what are we gonna be doing?" Griffin asked his tactical mind working.

"Sorry I haven't gotten many specifics from the Sergeant just yet ,but I'm sure he is planning to hold a briefing on the next phase of our mission." Jelly said bringing back his Soldier like attitude.

"You'll know when we know basically anyways we're holed up in this rat hole I hope you enjoy your stay." RK said opening the door and letting them in.

"I'll let yall know when we have a briefing I'm off to meet up with Doc now." Jelly said walking off to find Riqimo.
Eclipse Squad

{ComNet Nazi}

Riqimo
ComNet Member

Riqimo

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  601
July 11, 2007 3:44:10 PM    View the profile of Riqimo 
"Ah, Griffin good to see you again," Riqimo stood up from reading some maps scattered across the bed.  "You too Andrew," Riq tried to look around the doorframe for Jag, but couldn't see him.

Griffin guessed who the Squad Leader was looking for and answered, "Jag is down in the bar, just socialized with the other troopers.  Interesting fellow you have there."

Riq chuckled, "Yeah he is a different breed, wonderful with the heavy weaponry though.  So how's it going for you two?"

Andrew shrugged, "Alright, was getting a little bored programming sims for you guys though.  Its nice to be in the field again."

Hawkins walked over to the wall covered entirely in flimsi maps, schematics, photos, and any intel Riq could gather, "This is what we have to work with?"

"Yeah, we got an NR 'advisor' barracks to hit.  They are training the milita forces there, we got about four or five companies there.  Army High Command wants us to just hit that NR base.  Now we will not be expected to remove the New Republic presence from the planet, as they have numerous other bases, but draw attention to it.  Basically say, 'Hey everyone, the NR has a significant force on this planet.'"

Griffin was deep in thought, "And all you have is this one recon squad?"

Riqimo nodded, "Yeah and you fellows as well, the rest of the Vast Empire forces left the planet, they had to get ready for a phase two.  Unfortunately the resistance groups will not be directly involved, as they don't want a full scale war against the New Republic any time soon.  They will provide us with some equipment we helped liberate though."

"Tricky, this might take a while& What's this datapad?"

"Ah, just some intel I hacked but couldn't decode," Riq turned to the squad slicer, "Andrew, think you can crack it at all?"

"Do you even have to ask?" the man took the datapad and found the desk cluttered with stacks of flimsi and miscellaneous datapads.  Sighing, he went off into another one of the Eclipse rooms and quickly ran out, ducking a shoe.

"Yeah get out you pervert!"

Andrew shook his head and went into the Night Hawke room.  Seeing Hawkins surprised look, Riqimo shrugged, "That's Mustang, she's a bit aggressive."

OOC:
Neat... OOC thingy... anyways.  As for what to write, you have a choice, either help develop a plan to attack the NR base by analyzing intel with me, Griffin, and Andrew.  Or you can find some side story to do, Wicket did one earlier, getting us better food, for example.  Get to it troopers, ask questions if you have any.
Riqimo "Doc" Pershaw

Eclipse Squad

Jag Fel
ComNet Member

Jag Fel

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  423
July 11, 2007 5:13:58 PM    View the profile of Jag Fel 
OOC:
Time became an issue... will expand tomorrow

After having a proper reunion with the rest of his old squad mates Jag decided it was time for him to go and see Riqimo. By now those two guys I brought with me should of finished and had tasks assigned to them.

Jag climbed the stairs searching for the 'command centre', after finding the slicer  who warned him not to look in the room opposite  he found Riqimo staring intently at a datapad. Jag stood in the doorway and couldn't stop himself from laughing when Doc looked to see who was in the door.

"Jag," Doc said standing up to greet his old squad mate, "that wasn't quite the reaction I was expecting, but it's good to see you again."

Jag composed himself and embraced Doc, "I'm sorry it's just the guys downstairs neglected to mention that you've grown a goatee, and well& it's good to see you again Doc." Jag finished not wanting to offend Doc when he'd been back with the squad for two minutes.
"Yeah."
"Well...you cant!"
Serenity

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > Collision Course (Eclipse Chapter 8.5 Aurek IIIa)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 2:00:54 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 99  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >