[VE-ARMY] Senior Sergeant
[VE-DJO] Sith Guardian
[VE-NAVY] Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post Number:  2440
Total Posts:  3342
  RE: My novel
July 21, 2007 3:37:06 PM    View the profile of Angel 
Good God.

My head just as-ploded all over my laptop screen.

There's so many things I wanted to say, but I think I'll just say this.

If this novel is your only way back to America...
Army - Retired [LoR] [RoM] [BC] [CDS] [WM] [GRoM] [IH] {BoA}
------------------------
Sith Guardian
CM/SG Jikkyo "Angel" Nimiichi/Eagle 1-1/Sith/Dark Jedi Order/Vast Empire [VP:1]

------------------------
"The ability to speak does not make one intelligent" -Qui Gon Jin
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  488
Total Posts:  814
July 22, 2007 9:01:35 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
then what, Angel, it won't work? cause it's the only way, I think, unless someone can hand me an application that will admit me as an American citizen.

Well, guys, good news, I've got new stuff written, but all of you who have finished will have to go back to when the UV was activated, cause I changed to hair color to red.
DarkDragoons

TRP/LCPL Jennabelle/2SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader

"Remember, Remember, the fifth of November" -V

"So do all who seeks to live, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Grey
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  490
July 26, 2007 8:36:14 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
sorry for the double post. But everyone reading listen up, go back to the beginning of the second post I made for the story, when Ruth starts reading the pages of North by Northwest that have sticky notes on them.

When you're done with that, go to the part after Joda Norce Mind Talk to me where I examine the attic, I added some things.

After that just keep on reading, keep up the support, people!
DarkDragoons

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. " -Darth Vader

"So do all who seeks to live, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Grey
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  492
July 27, 2007 9:13:44 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
sorry for the triple post, but there seems to be no one posting and I've got to go, as usual. Unfortunately, I forgot to write because I had to show something to a friend of mine, a game called Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30.
DarkDragoons

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  490
Total Posts:  3440
July 27, 2007 10:06:14 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
I read the additions and edited parts of the story , and like it as usual. now if only the comp I'm using had an OK enlargement program so that my face doesn't have to be 8 inches from the screen.

I'll try and add some to my own "novel" which i had started writing not long ago. my written stuff is on my comp at my father's, so I'll only be able to keep writing tonight.
TRP/CPL Luckystar/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/ Tadath/VEA/ [ES1]

-Paladin-

Army of the Vast Empire

To Embrace the Darkness is to bring about the Light

Clearly Canadian!

Lucky's Reward Card
[This message has been edited by Luckystar (edited July 27, 2007 10:11:08 AM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  493
July 28, 2007 9:22:07 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
alright then, Luckystar, but as for me, well, I just finally finished Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30, which wasn't easy, even on easy difficulty. I'm sorry for not writing my novel lately, but it isn't easy to keep yourself away from Brothers in Arms when you're so close to the end.

BTW, I heard that you had to complete difficult difficulty to unlock the last chapter's(D+9) ending movie, is that true?
DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited July 28, 2007 9:23:56 AM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  498
July 28, 2007 9:46:17 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
I really don't know. I've never heard of brothers in Arms before, until now that is. Have added a couple paragraphs, ain't much though.

-Paladin-

//StormPlatoon//

Clearly Canadian!

Lucky's Reward Card

Cosmic
ComNet Apprentice

Cosmic

[VE-ARMY] Lieutenant General
[VE-DJO] Krath Prophet(ess)
[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  5683
Total Posts:  7772
July 28, 2007 9:58:54 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Wait, I don't get it... How does writing a story get you into America?

For every person wanting to become a U.S. citizen, they must send in an application and get started on, at least, a green card.
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Stormtrooper Corps
CoT/LG Cosmic/HCA-3/Tadath/VEA/VE
[OPE][OTH][OPA][EW1][CDS][IH][GS][LM][SoS][CRoM][CoH][PoC][MSM][SCP][SoA][IOC]
-----------------------
Dark Jedi Order
SL/KPR Cosmic/Lion 1-1/mSSD Atrus/VEDJ/VE
[VP][KC1][OAK]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  494
July 29, 2007 9:39:55 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
well, why don't you get me one then, cosmic, if you're so smart. (I don't mean this in a annoying or bad way)

darn it, I almost forgot I got classes to catch up on my chinese every morning, so not much I have written. I've also been watching movies like Wild Hogs, it's the best movie I've ever seen except the gay part, they're really disgusting, (they make me want to puke all my guts out) and I was preparing to watch Trust The Man, but then I almost forgot I had classes tomorrow and I started to write again on my novel, but then my mother interrupted with her "get off the damn computer" speech and I had to go (the italized parts are whispers, cause I don't want my mom listening) so later......
DarkDragoons

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  496
July 30, 2007 10:22:37 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Sorry for the double post, but yesterday wasn't a good day for me, for I acted very silly. Although I do have to ask about Jessica Alba, a question for Cosmic, now is this girl actually got a brain and she does not like to make money by being a "Pamela Anderson show them the money" but by choosing scripts that focus more on the personality, the character of a person, like what's her name in gone with the wind. I also heard that in The Eye, she purposely make herself look ugly (sorry to say it, but that's what the magazine says) to focus on the character, not the beauty. I very much support her views if it is true. So I would like you, Cosmic, to tell if what I say is true.

Now I've written some stuff for the novel, but due to finishing Trust The Man and starting to watch A Prairie Home Companion, it wasn't as much as I had hoped.
DarkDragoons

Cosmic
ComNet Apprentice

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  5684
July 30, 2007 10:48:03 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Umm, I'm not sending you anything, heh.

If you're living in China, then you need to go to the U.S. Embassy for all of the U.S. - related papers and legalities.
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Stormtrooper Corps
-----------------------
Dark Jedi Order
[VP][KC1][OAK]
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  515
July 30, 2007 10:55:39 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
And with any luck you'll be out of there in a year.

-Paladin-

//StormPlatoon//

Clearly Canadian!

Lucky's Reward Card

Yillis
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Baronet

Yillis

[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  1197
Total Posts:  1598
July 30, 2007 7:10:02 PM    View the profile of Yillis 
Senior Sergeant Yillis
-Paladin-
//StormPlatoon//

SL/SSGT Yillis/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath[LoR] [WM] [GS] [LoC] [CM-BS]

Clearly Canadian!

Gentle When Stroked - Fierce When Provoked!
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  497
July 31, 2007 9:39:14 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
unless I can steal my parent's credit card, I won't be able to get the credit card information I need, I'll have to wait tomorrow. But thanks for the help, guys. BTW, have Cosmic or someone answered my question about Jessica Alba in my post above Cosmic's post quote,
Quote:Umm, I'm not sending you anything, heh.

If you're living in China, then you need to go to the U.S. Embassy for all of the U.S. - related papers and legalities.
if you haven't done that and is researching about it, then I can wait for it.

There's a phrase in Infamous, it's called taking the bar, anyone know what that means?
DarkDragoons

Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  498
August 1, 2007 10:07:33 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Sorry for the double post, but I'm getting a good feeling about writing, so I wrote some stuff and did a little change in Joda's (or should I say Yoda's) briefing, the part about the galosh shoes. Maybe it's finally being able to talk to my friends in America and England or getting closer to my love, Christine, whom appeared in my sweet dreams.
DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 1, 2007 10:17:19 AM)]
Kami
ComNet Veteran

Kami

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant First Class
[VE-DJO] Dark Jedi Knight

Post Number:  1094
Total Posts:  1884
August 1, 2007 10:01:25 PM    View the profile of Kami 
This thread creeps me out.
Sergeant First Class Kami

AD/SFC_Kami/1XOM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR][CoR][IG][GCA][BC][BM]
|| DJK Dark Jedi Order || Krath || Vast Empire ||
-=Surrender to your darkest dreams, and you'll live as you've never lived before=-

= VE Advisor =
Yillis
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Baronet

Yillis

Post Number:  1200
August 1, 2007 10:05:26 PM    View the profile of Yillis 
yeah, you are very creepy. Stop trying to get us to help you stalk that girl.
Senior Sergeant Yillis
-Paladin-
//StormPlatoon//

SL/SSGT Yillis/1SQD/2PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath[LoR] [WM] [GS] [LoC] [CM-BS]

Clearly Canadian!

[This message has been edited by Yillis (edited August 1, 2007 10:05:59 PM)]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  501
August 2, 2007 7:22:18 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
which girl are you guys talking about? Because I've quit with the stalking thing and moved right on to leaving Christine alone, for god sakes, did I say I was stalking? If you're talking about Jessica Alba, I read that in a Chinese magazine, and just wanted to confirm it.

I've changed the title of the 5th chapter and wrote some things, but do to watching Smallville and some Transformers interview with Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf.
DarkDragoons

[This message has been edited by Jennabelle (edited August 2, 2007 9:31:37 AM)]
Namyr
ComNet Initiate

Namyr

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  131
Total Posts:  255
August 2, 2007 10:37:08 AM    View the profile of Namyr  
you really do need to do more research with how the military works, how it worked back in WWII/WWI whichever war it's in. And I hardly see why you're writing a novel that doesn't contain your own ideas, most people write a novel because they have an idea, and they want it to be told, or in some cases it's because of the sheer love of writing. By taking other people's character, plots, and ideas this is nothing more then a fanfic and there is no way, unless you edit this thing to death, that this, 'book,' will ever be publish. Let alone I know not everyone's grammar and spelling is perfect, but there are qualification that are needed for a publisher to even glance at a manuscript. Most likely, they'll take one look at the first page, see wizards, Voldermort, slam the manuscript shut and send you a rejection letter. Also putting you political views so blantely in a book will turn off many audiences, particularly when this is based in the past and no one would know about modern day conflicts.

And writing a book won't get you anywhere with getting US citizenship. You have to go through all the procedures just like everyone else, filling out paperwork, getting a job, and whatever else happens that people do to get citizenship, so wherever you got the information you have is wrong.

sorry for being a little blunt but that's how things are, no use in sugarcoating it.

SGT Namyr

+AdvanceReconCommandos{ARC}+

Twi'lek word dictionary

http://www.peach-tree.org/Ryloth/TwiInfo/Lexicon.htm
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  502
August 3, 2007 9:27:10 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
Only problem is the spouse in the matter, right? Unless I've got a spouse is a citizen of the US I won't be granted permission to apply for citzenship, I understand that point now, friends.

But still an argument like yours will take long to shake over, so I suggest we move on to other matters of more importance. All yours complaints can be filed once I finish this novel. Now, about peace leaders, I need some advice from all of you about people who have tried to make peace in the world or make the world a better place to live in, like Wiliam Wilberforce or Gandhi. Just give me their names and I'll research on them.
DarkDragoons

Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  540
August 3, 2007 9:54:05 AM    View the profile of Luckystar 
I don't remember her name, but I know she was a philosopher/researcher who worked with, and loved monkeys. she studied everything on them. How they ate, how they groomed each other, their family structure all of that.

I know it maysound off topic to some od you guys, but in the end, she concluded that we are just like them, but that we have developped different manners.

If you just think about it, when we were toddlers, we walked on our hands and knees, just like they walk on all fours.

(She's still alive to this day, though she'd be quite old.)

-Paladin-

Clearly Canadian!

Lucky's Reward Card
Namyr
ComNet Initiate

Namyr

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  133
August 3, 2007 10:37:14 AM    View the profile of Namyr  
LS you're thinking of Jane Goodall, wonderful woman, but LS I don't think you got the point of her studies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Goodall

Back the the matter at hand, I have no idea how peacekeepers came into play, but oh well. For one quit asking people and do the research yourself, we could tell you Butt Monkey's are peacekeepers that rally once a month outside Moscow and throw fecal matter and you wouldn't know it's right. You have the internet got to Google, write in peacekeepers or whatever and read up. Finding out information for yourself is one of the best ways to learn and think how proud you'll be that you've done something for yourself.

You can't become a citizen by marrying a US citizen. They removed that exception a while ago because people were getting married getting citizenship then divorcing. In other words, you still need to fill out the paperwork, get a green card, come over to the USA, and go through the procedures like everyone else. There's no shortcut you can go through, no special treatment, you have to go to the website and work like everyone else. It would probably be better to wait until you're able to go to college, apply for a college in the US, get a green card because you're going to school, and work from there. Just read the fricking rules and regulations instead of guessing what to do and wasting your time. Then again I half guessing with the school thing, I thin Apu from the Simpson did the school thing, so there's my resources. But I don't really care because if I WAS trying to get US citizenship then I'd be looking up how instead of asking complete strangers on a Star Wars site.

Oh hey look, a site that you should read...

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/citizenship_application.html

Yes it will take money, if you don't have money to do the application then you should hold off until, you get a job to make enough money for the application, wait until you're out from under your parent's roof, from the look of it you're still in middle school/high school which means you still have a few years before worrying about US citizenship. So get through school, improve your writing, then take the test and come over, yes it's required you take a test before getting citizenship... so do all those things and that sounds like a nice loose plan you can follow.

Personally, I don't see the point of you continuing this novel because it's so plagiarized by other people's ideas that you've stolen that it will never be published. Which means you're better off starting over using your own ideas, and then maybe you have a chance. Yes do a war story, yes make gay characters, ye light them on fire or whatever you're doing, but research, develop all the characters and not just the main character, have a set plan for the story, don't use other people's character/ideas. It's hard to publish a book and if it's not up to snuff from the first paragraph then it won't be published.

SGT Namyr

Twi'lek word dictionary

Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

Post Number:  481
Total Posts:  903
August 3, 2007 11:05:14 AM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Green cards (permanent resident cards) can be obtained after five years of staying in the US and officially make you a "lawful permanent resident". Then, if you are over 18 years of age, you can officially begin the process of becoming a US citizen. You need to pass a test with a bunch of questions about the country on it and such, along with other things. The site Yillis provided goes through a lot of that AND has practice questions. Yay!

Marrying someone that is American won't do any good because, like Namyr said, that no longer works. Also, writing a book will do no good for, if by some chance your book was published, you still will be no closer to citizenship. It doesn't do anything, except make money. Heck, I don't even know if you can get it published here if you don't live here. You could get it published in the country you live in, but not so sure about over here.

Speaking of peace-keeprs, however, The late Pope John Paul II (or the Great, I think, now) was a strong advocate for peace. Many people (at least people I've talked to) say he had a strong role in the eventual downfall of communism. Of course, should you not be writing a story with Christianity in it at all...well, not the best choice then.
Senior Sergeant Arnaut
SL/SSG Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE
-=Wraith PRIDE=--=SL=-
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +
~ W i l d c a r d P l a t o o n ~

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"
"Life is a dream; we all wake up eventually."
"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
Cosmic
ComNet Apprentice

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  5691
August 3, 2007 12:14:18 AM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Jennabelle wrote:Only problem is the spouse in the matter, right? Unless I've got a spouse is a citizen of the US I won't be granted permission to apply for citzenship, I understand that point now, friends.

But still an argument like yours will take long to shake over, so I suggest we move on to other matters of more importance. All yours complaints can be filed once I finish this novel. Now, about peace leaders, I need some advice from all of you about people who have tried to make peace in the world or make the world a better place to live in, like Wiliam Wilberforce or Gandhi. Just give me their names and I'll research on them.

Jennabelle, there is no "argument" here, and that is the main point you are failing to see. Everything that Namyr had said above was true, and you're acting as if it's some kind of "guessing" she's done, and just shrugging it off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're about 14-15 and living in China, right? You understand the ways of your country (hopefully) and know how the government works there. Most of the people that have been talking to you are Americans, either living in the States or abroad - we know - at least to some degree - what it takes for an alien to become a U.S. citizen, and writing a story with someone else's characters, plots, and ideas is not even going to get you a kitten for Christmas, let alone citizenship.

Now, from what I can tell, it's been sounding like you've been wanting to "sell" your book, and then move to the States. Have you even considered where you're going to stay? I would be incredibly surprised if her parents allowed some strange teenager to stay with them because he has some fantasy love dream going on in his head. I'd be bringing out my shotgun and buying an extra box of shells. You need a place to stay, and then, if it's a motel or something, you'll need to pay for that. If you're planning on staying in the States, then before you do *any* of this, you need to fill out that application to legally get a job (work visa).

It's not as simple as jumping on a plane and living happily ever after. As Namyr said above: there's no use sugar coating the truth.
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited August 3, 2007 12:14:57 AM)]
[This message has been edited by Cosmic (edited August 3, 2007 12:16:24 AM)]
Luckystar
ComNet Member

Luckystar

[VE-ARMY] Corporal

Post Number:  541
August 3, 2007 1:16:36 PM    View the profile of Luckystar 
My dad visited China  about 4 time sin the past 2 years for his work. From the stories he tells us, and the things he tapes and shows us, if you're as young as Cosmic says you are, you can't go out of the country on your own.

What I think you COULD do , is go to the Canadian or U.S. Embassy, whchever you want, and ask for information for moving to the chosen country.

-Paladin-

Clearly Canadian!

Lucky's Reward Card
Cosmic
ComNet Apprentice

Cosmic

[VE-VEEC] Chief Editor

Post Number:  5692
August 3, 2007 6:55:43 PM    View the profile of Cosmic 
Bear in mind that if you are 14-15, you won't really get anywhere in the States without a high school diploma. Bottom line: stay in China, finish your schooling, then decide what you want to do (when you're like 23 or something). By then, you'll have some life experiences under your belt to work with, and help you in making a much better decision.
Cleric "Cosmic" Vor'soth
-----------------------
Stormtrooper Corps
-----------------------
Dark Jedi Order
[VP][KC1][OAK]
Jennabelle
ComNet Member

Jennabelle

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  504
August 4, 2007 7:51:29 AM    View the profile of Jennabelle 
I'll correct you both, I'm 17. And also cosmic and Namy, look in lucky's novel topic to clear the "argument" up, cause I would hate for this to ruin the publishing of the book that etan or Luckystar planned or the going-off-topic thing too. (I'm sorry about that, Luckystar, but I guess I had to clear it up)
DarkDragoons

Aeos
ComNet Veteran

[VE-DJO] Journeyman
[VE-NAVY] Chief Petty Officer

Post Number:  1438
Total Posts:  3141
August 4, 2007 7:57:47 AM    View the profile of Aeos 
This is not a novel. Its a collection of other people's ideas. Scrap it. Delete it. Save your computer's sanity and start with something else.
CPO/FM_Aeos/Sentinel 2/Flight 1/STCR Doashim/Defensive Fleet/VEN/VE[(=*A*=)][MC1](=*SA*=)

SSGT_Aeos/[LoR][ES2C][CoR]

TRN/JRN_Aeos/Training 1-1/Lopen/VEDJ/VE
Yillis
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Baronet

Yillis

Post Number:  1203
August 4, 2007 8:11:32 AM    View the profile of Yillis 
what makes you think they can get your books published. They are supposedly younger than you.
Senior Sergeant Yillis
-Paladin-
//StormPlatoon//

Clearly Canadian!

Namyr
ComNet Initiate

Namyr

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  138
August 4, 2007 8:20:01 AM    View the profile of Namyr  
What does Luckystar's novel have to do with the price of eggs in China?  Excuse the pun, but at the current moment we're discussing your novel not there's, and Luckystar's novel is a hell of a lot more creative then this thing you've been working on.  and also being a 17 year old we should expect better writing from you, even if English is a second language to you, particularly if you want to write a book, hopefully never this one.  Also as a 17 year old why do we have to baby you through the steps of becoming a citizen anyway, you're almost an adult do the steps yourself instead of relying on perfect strangers who for the most part are citizens for your information.

SGT Namyr

Twi'lek word dictionary

ComNet > Neutral Messages > Archived Lounge > My novel  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 4 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 4:14:25 PM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 398  |  Bots - 0

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >