Communications Network
Vast Empire  -  New Posts  -  Search  -  Statistics  -  Login 

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The Mask of a Pirate (Wraith)

Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   
Author
Topic:  The Mask of a Pirate (Wraith)
Yoder
ComNet Member

Yoder

[VE-ARMY] Private First Class

Post Number:  454
Total Posts:  486
  RE: The Mask of a Pirate (Wraith)
March 27, 2007 3:28:39 PM    View the profile of Yoder 
Yoder was following the most of the squad to the corsair camp. Man I have a feeling this is going to be as bad as the last pirate mission, maybe worse.

Yoder was keeping quiet most of the time not wishing to speak up, and trying to make himself the 'slient guy' around, so he wouldn't have to talk much.

Yoder was looking around the jungle through his helmet, and kept checking his HUD, even though its range was only a few meters, it would help calm him down about wild animals that might attack them, if there were any animals brave enough to do that.

So they kept going for a around a hour, when he started thinking This is gonna be a wild ride, but I need a bigger gun. Heehehe

-----------------------
trp/pfc
-=Wraith Squad=-
Yoder/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE/LoR
Master Swordsmen/blademaster(RL)
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain." (It's time to toss the dice) -mat cauthon
[This message has been edited by Yoder (edited March 27, 2007 3:29:17 PM)]
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  352
Total Posts:  903
March 27, 2007 10:07:56 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Arnaut checked his gun clip for the seventh time. It was still full. Not surprising since he hadn't fired a shot. He checked the saftey. Off. Still not surprising. It was also the seventh check of that. He sighed, wishing that the trip would hurry up. How far are we in the Blood Tusks' territory for it to take this long to get out?

Nearby, Yoder started giggling to himself, staring at his gun. Arnaut gave him a sidelong look, and he clamped his mouth shut. Arnaut went through the checks again. Clip. Check. Safety. Check. Clean muzzle. Check. Intact...

A tall tree ahead exploded, wooden shrapnel flying outward in all directions. Their guide, unfortunate enough to have stepped into a clearing just ahead of the group, was lacerated by the splinters. A jumble of rags and wet meat fell to the ground, already making a dark puddle in the grass. Two more mortar rounds hit the ground around the squad, sending dirt and leaves flying through the air. The squad ran for cover.

Arnaut held his gun tight, constantly glancing behind him. Another explosion shook the ground, and Arnaut was pelted with dirt and rock. Those mortars could be a ways off, he thought sullenly. No use trying to attack. He relayed orders quickly over the comlink.

"Form up on me! And stay out of clearings. And remember your training: duck, look, sprint, duck, look. We don't need anybody becoming a pile of meat like our ill-fated corsair guide. " Assents came back.

Arnaut stumbled on, and suddenly Kanderin and Leth were at his side. Tnepres and Snipes ran out of the woods to his left. That left Yoder and Dodge and Virius. And...Yillis! Now that he thought about it, he couldn't remember seeing Yillis since the crash. He relayed the grim news over the comlink, and equally grim responses came back. Arnaut gritted his teeth. They would find them later. Right now they had to stay alive.

The dull thunks of the mortar grew distant in the background, and soon the Wraiths found themselves running out of the forest and into wide open fields. Virius, Dodge, and Yoder were waiting for them, but not Yillis. Arnaut sighed.

In the distance, two landspeeders were racing toward them, painted in the gray drab of the Corsairs. They waved them down and hopped aboard.

"Where's Tal'ith?" The first driver asked. Arnaut assumed that was the name of their guide.

"He was...killed. Mortar round." The driver look away, suddenly silent.

The ride was silent for the most part, almost as silent as their trek through the forest, but now for different reasons. Snipes tried to ease the tension by talking to the passenger in the landspeeder he was on.

"So, uh, where are we going?"

"To our base. It seems you've caught the attention of the Mak'la himself."

""Mack-what?" Snipes repeated.

"Mak'la. He's the leader for our detachment of the "society".

"You mean pirating group," Snipes corrected.

"We prefer society, if you please."

Snipes sighed and looked out at the grass flying by instead of arguing the point.

-----------------------
Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-
SL/SGT Arnaut/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE

"Take care of your equipment, and your equipment will take care of you"

"Life is a dream; we all wake up eventually."

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited March 27, 2007 10:09:04 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited March 27, 2007 10:13:12 PM)]
Yillis
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Supporter

Yillis

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  1026
Total Posts:  1598
March 28, 2007 9:23:05 AM    View the profile of Yillis 
"...Joreth..."

"Yillis." The man at the door replied matter-of-fact.

"What is going on..." Yillis tried to stall for time, as he thought of a reason why he was on Phu with a bunch of pirates.

"Well Yillis, I thought I'd ask you the same question. You've been officially dead for the past 5 years..."

Yillis had an idea, and he could only hope that none of the Wraiths would be hurt with his plan.

"I...I was captured by the Vast Empire Army, after the Nar Kreeta incident."

Joreth seemed to accept this explaination, but Yillis knew Joreth, and he ever accepted anything quickly, though it explained all the missing links from Nar Kreeta.

"Ah I see. Why are you on Phu."

"I don't know. There is a small imperial prison here though. They might have been taking me there."

"It's not imperial anymore, my friend. And you are standing in it right now. Those men you were with, all Imperial agents?"

"Yes. Have you captured them?"

"Somewhat, there is a detachment of the Corsairs where you were shot down. Guides there will pose as friends, and take them to the Mak'la, where he will imprison them, torture, and eventually kill them."

Yillis made no facial expression at the impending death of his friends.

"Joreth, if you do not mind, I would like to torture and kill them myself."

"Hmm, you always did like to get your hands dirty, Yillis. Very well, you and the Mak'la can share the deed. It's good to see you again old friend."

"You as well Jorath. May I ask how your father is?"

"He has passed Yillis. An assassin laid him to rest."

"Frak&"

"It is not so bad, now I lead the Corsairs."

Yillis instantly knew that assassin didn't exist, Joreth had always resented his father...for liking Yillis more than himself.

"Ah that is good news Joreth"

"You always have room on my council Yillis, know this. And I shall arrange a shuttle to take you to the Mak'la where you captures will soon await their deaths."

-----------------------
Sergeant Yillis
-=Wraith Squad=-
-=ASL=-

ASL/SGT Yillis/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [WM] [GS]
SH/StationHead Yillis/VER/VE

Clearly Canadian!
[This message has been edited by Yillis (edited March 28, 2007 9:23:43 AM)]
Yoder
ComNet Member

Yoder

Post Number:  456
March 29, 2007 9:34:27 PM    View the profile of Yoder 
Yoder was sort off giggling when an explosion happened and somehow the guide ended up dead, well arnaut took command near instantly. He told them to form up on him and he kand and virius ended up running out of the forest. Yoder.

Then saw a man drive up with a speeder and pretty much told us what we could guess, and got us to get in, so Yoder was think quite a bit of the way there.

Now I wonder, where Yillis is and his big ole arse, I think the whole team will kick him and pummel him if he doesn't have a good excuse on being late. Oh well,

Yoder started checking his gun safety, clip, readings, everything including modes and energy even if it was jammed. For how long he did it he didn't know, after that he started sharpening his knife with a old antique whetstone made of a harder metal than most of the antique ones.

Yoder kept sharpening it until it didn't need it then sharpened his gauntlet blade until it didn't need it. Yoder pulled out his helmet and put it on, it was sort of rude to do that, but he didn't care. He sealed it to his suit like he usually did.

Then checked the systems a couple of times before being satisfied he started making red smear marks across his armor like it was blood, and added some black paint along with the red paint, he brought along to smear his armor like he was some kind of animal in the armor.

After he was done he merely stuff the two small cans back into the bag and waited for it to dry, and started to play solitaire with his pazaac cards he found somewhere. Man I wish someone would play against me in pazaac I need more practice before Im actually good enough to gamble and win half the time.

(OOC:Hows that for a post?)

-----------------------
trp/pfc
-=Wraith Squad=-
[This message has been edited by Yoder (edited March 29, 2007 9:35:53 PM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  329
Total Posts:  1849
March 30, 2007 7:21:33 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Yoder looked up from the cards scattered across his feet, to near the rear end of the craft, where Arnaut and Kanderin sat talking in a low tone. Yoder went to get up and wander over to the pair, but Kanderin quickly headed him off with a trademark 'not now' stare.

"Hey, listen Arn. Dont worry about Yillis, hes a tough guy. Been around far longer than me or you, he can handle himself"

Arnaut nodded, grimacing at the ground. "I guess"

"there we go" Kanderin smiled, tapping Arnaut on the back and heading over to where Yoder sat, surrounded by various cards. He took a seat opposite to Yoder and collected all the cards off of the ground, slowly beginning to shuffle them through his palms.

"You any good?" Yoder looked up, slightly dazed.

"Fifteen years living in the cirminal underword teaches you a little something about how to play Yoder" Kanderin placed the cards back down on the ground.

-----------------------
Private First Class Kanderin Draken
-=Wraith Squad=-

Wraith Squad Motto: When staring in the face of death we see our reflection

FTC/LCPL Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
D'har Leth
ComNet Member

D'har Leth

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  342
Total Posts:  501
March 30, 2007 2:53:39 PM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
"Frak!"  Shouted Yoder as Kanderin made another thirty creds off him.

Leth had been listening to them from fifteen feet away as they were playing and decided it was time to play.  He made his way over to the two card players and sat down.  Kanderin looked up and spoke.

"Hey Leth, you want in?"

"Ahh. . . I haven't played in a long damn time, but what the hell, I'll play."

"Okay, well since you haven't played in a while, we'll bet small."

"Alright, that sounds good."  Replied Leth.  As Kanderin looked down at his cards, Leth flashed a smirk.

* * * * * * Fifteen Minutes Later * * * * * *

Kanderin's eye twitched as Leth calmly said that he won again. . . and again. . . and again.  Leth looked up at Kanderin whose face was a mask of confusion and frustration.

"What's the matter, Kanderin?  Are you out of credits?  Do you want me to lend you some credits?"

Kanderin's entire body twitched.  "Heh, and owe you *twitch* more money, I don't *twitch* think so."

Yoder had been watching Leth and Kanderin play for the past fifteen minutes.  Yoder thought he was pretty good at pazaak, and then Kanderin cleared him out, at which point Kanderin thought that he was pretty good, and then Leth cleared him out, at which point Leth thought he was pretty good.

And then Virius began walking toward them.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal D'har Leth
-=Wraith Squad=-
TRP/LCPL D'har Leth/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/Nar Shaddaa

{Grand Imperator}
Tnepres
ComNet Member

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  424
Total Posts:  585
April 2, 2007 4:26:52 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 

Talstorin watched the card game from a distance, keeping to himself.  He was tired already, his brain had dozed off causing his body to numb.  The trip was dull and the fact that he didn't sleep much made things worse.

"So what's you're name?"  Talstorin snapped to attention at the voice.

"Huh?"  He turned to his left, finding a young women besides him.  She was of normal height, slim with long black hair. 

"I asked for you're name&"

Talstorin stuttered for a while, caught off guard.  He hadn't thought of an alias yet.  "Uh-uh, erm, Fraot'Hertz Goohij."  Talstorin mentally kicked himself as he said it, sounding like random sounds coming out of his mouth, which were exactly what they really were. 

"Oh, what a coincidence!  That's my name too!"  Talstorin made a confused face.

"What?"  He was dumbstruck.  It was just his luck to pick the name that someone else had out of all the names made from random sounds there were in existence.  He focused back on the girl, who had her head tilted.

"That's so strange.  It's such a coincidence."  Talstorin gave her another stare.  It was then he noticed something.

"You're on to me, aren't you."

"What gave it away?"  She grinned with a playful expression.  "I didn't think anyone in the world had my name.  Now keep lying, and you'll end up in deep trouble, Pinocchio.  Don't think of doing anything funny, cause I'll have my eyes on you."

"In a good way right?"  She didn't respond.  Instead, she just walked off, leaving the trooper to himself.  Already he was in trouble, and they hadn't begun the real mission yet.  Talstorin stared at the figure leave.  She was going to be a lot of trouble, but at least she wasn't too bad to look at.

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
TRP/LCPL Tnepres/4SQD/1PLT/1COMP/1BAT/1RGT/Tadath/VEA/VE[LoR]
Memoirs of a Withered Soul- Compendium of Short Stories on Talstorin's Background/Story of Talstorin and Durandal( out now- read it on army story board)
Tnepres/HellKite
-=Wraith Squad PRIDE=-
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  335
April 3, 2007 8:10:55 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin threw the cards to his feet in anger, and stormed away from the table. The emberassment had all but overwhelmed him.

Thats when he caught onto the young womans voice, and casually wandered over to that side of the shuttle. Just close enough to hear what was going on, but not so close it was obvious he was paying attention.

"Fraot'Hertz Goohij" Kanderin saw Tnepres cringe as the mumble of random crap fell from his mouth.

Kanderin listened for a little longer, before watching the admitedly rather attractive woman walk away. He knew that somehow, he had to drag her attention away from Tnepres and onto something else. He went for the first thing that popped into his head.

He sneaked over to a man that had emerged from around the corner, and ever so gently removed the packet of cigarettes from his back pocket. He then quickly marched down the corridor after the woman, just turning to mouth a 'i got this' at the visibly shaken Tnepres.

Kanderin found her jsut around the corner, leaning over the side of the shuttle. He reached into the packet of cigarettes and pulled one from the corner of the box, ligthing it with a lighter from his pocket. Kanderin didn't smoke, he just carried the lighter around with him because it made him feel somehow safer.

He moved over to the rail, about an arms length away from the woman. Propping the cigarette between his lips, he offered the packet out to the girl.
"You smoke?" He spoke gently, smiling as much as he can with a cigarette balancing gingerly between his teeth.

He mentally breathed a sigh of relief as the woman smiled and took a cigarette from the box.

They stood in silence for a few moments, just staring out over the planet. He had been lucky so far, the woman appeared not to have noticed he hadn't taken a single drag from the cigarette the entire time it had been in his mouth.

He turned to speak again, but was cut off by the soft hand rapidly closing in on him.

"Fraot'Hertz Goohij" The woman said, offering her hand out.

Kanderin took it and kissed her fingers gently.
"Xephilus Sekine"

'This is going to be easier than i thought' Kanderin smiled to himself.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron, FF X
Yillis
ComNet Veteran
Imperial Supporter

Yillis

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant
[VE-VEEC] Gaming Reporter

Post Number:  1055
Total Posts:  1598
April 4, 2007 6:59:37 AM    View the profile of Yillis 
The black haired woman looked out into the distance, "Ah, there is our base of operations."

Kanderine squinted his eyes as he tried to make anything out. Slowly a large, imperial-looking building started to form.

"Looks...imperial..." Kand shot a quizzical look to the woman.

"Well, we're definitely not Imperials, but you have to admire the efficiency of their stormtroopers."

"Yeah we-" Kand realized what was coming from his mouth, and started instantly into a coughing fit. He looked over at the girl, to see if she had realized what he had been saying. The small smirk she had disappeared into a frown.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah...dunno what that was..."

The woman just giggled.

---

Squall had overheard the words 'there is our base of operations' and went to the other side of the open transport. Talking to himself, he said, "That looks like a prison."

Who he didn't see arrived right behind him, was Arnaut, "It is a prison."

"Wha?"

"It's an imperial prison."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, supposedly working too. I guess the Corsairs keep it acting like it's fully operational. Must say it has full capacity all the time to not get prisoners or something."

"Hmm, right."

"Either way, I have a bad feeling about this, keep on your toes Squall, wouldn't want anything to happen on your first mission with Wraith."

"Will do Sarge."

-----------------------
Sergeant Yillis
-=Wraith Squad=-
-=ASL=-
+ Advance Recon Commandos {ARC} +

ASL/SGT Yillis/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1RGT/1BAT/VEA/VE/Tadath [LoR] [WM] [GS]
SH/StationHead Yillis/VER/VE

Clearly Canadian!
[This message has been edited by Yillis (edited April 4, 2007 7:00:12 AM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  336
April 4, 2007 11:14:55 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin was a born drinker, no one could argue with that. Not a photo of him had been taken in his free time without some sort of drink balanced between his thin fingers.

Reasonable to think then, his body would be used to the damage it faced on a regular basis. That was until he had first tasted the cigarette. As he inhaled the smoke it set off completely frying his insides to a crisp, and as he exhaled the wind blew the smoke back into his face, making his eyes water.

He had to get rid of it, he looked stupid enough already. Again, he went with the first thing that popped into his head. Trying not to look so obviously in a rush to remove the stick of death from his mouth, he balanced the stkc over the edge of the shuttle, before flicking it away with a loose finger.

"I hate the cigarettes they make around here, always taste like crap" Kanderin stifled the words out, at the same time as gasping in huge mouthfuls of clean air.

The girl casually looked over to Kanderin and smiled. The look in her eyes made Kanderin tingle. He'd heard many bedtime pirate stories, overweight perverts of men with more bruises than teeth, people that would shoot you for as much as looking at them funny. He'd always beleived them, until now. He never imagined a pirate could be so, attractive.

Eventually he noticed he was staring, and broke his gawk. He did not want to develop an attraction to someone he might very well end up killing in less than a few days.

Come on Kand, focus. Think of something to say'

He looked up again and pointed over towards the imperial looking building. He turned his head to ask the girl something pointless about it, but paused, noticing she was still staring at Kanderin. Her eyes finally went up to meet his, and she hurriedly turned to look at the building as well, her face turning a slight reddish.

"Sorry what?" She spluttered, shakily moving her hand to move her hair away from her face.

"Isen't that place a little, well, too visible to be a pirate HQ?"

"Of course not" She answered without looking at Kanderin still.
"You fell right into the trap just then, anyone that sees it just thinks imperial and carries on with their business. No matter how glorified and heroic those imperial regiments think they are, they're still the untouchable enemy in most places"

"Im not scared of the army, i see no reason why i should" Kanderin remained emotionless on the outside, it gave him somewhat of an adrenaline rush to be talking about himself as 'the enemy'.

"Your a braver man than you look Xephilus Sekine. I certainly wouldn't mess with them"

"You'd be surprised..." Kanderin muttered under his breath.

"What?" The woman looked suspiciously at him.

"I said their not all that. But dont worry about it, stupid f us to be delving into that any further. Tell me about yourself"
Kanderin winked at Squall, who he had just noticed around the corner before turning to look back at the girl.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

D'har Leth
ComNet Member

D'har Leth

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  346
April 4, 2007 4:26:43 PM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
    Leth didn't feel all that well.  He hadn't paid Squall any attention at all, hell, Leth didn't even know he was there until he saw Arnaut talking to Squall.  He felt even worse now that the death of their guide was sinking in.  It was also relieving however, as Leth no longer had to worry about offing him.  Not wanting to seem like a complete arse, Leth walked over to Squall.

"Hey Squall, how's it goin'?"

"It's going well enough.  You're Leth, right?"

"Aye, 'Tis me that they call Leth.  But since we're maintaining secrecy, make sure to call me 'Akarax'.  When we're not on a mission, you can call me The Commodore."

Squall and Leth both looked at each other, eyebrows raised, and then erupted into laughter.  This laughter caused Yoder to come over.

"Hey guys *twitch*burn*twitch*, what's so funny?"

"Yoder! I shall have none of that insubordinate talk from you.  You shall adress me as "The Commodore," or I shall have you flogged!"

Yoder nearly crapped his pants laughing, but Leth kept looking at him in a serious manner.  Yoder laughed a bit more and Leth continued looking at him.  Yoder went dead silent and still found Leth's glare.  Yoder slunk away muttering.

"Yes Commodore."

Snipes had been watching from ten feet away, looked at Leth, then looked at Squall.  All three burst into laughter.  They're laughter eventually subsided and they sat down to watch Kanderin attempt a conversation with the black-haired woman.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

{Grand Imperator}
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

[VE-ARMY] Gunnery Sergeant

Post Number:  2915
Total Posts:  3940
April 6, 2007 11:01:12 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes briskly walked across the open top deck of the barge, at one time it had obviously been used by a spoiled young man for decadent parties Snipes hadn't been invited to, however it was very similar to the dear departed Jabba's, Snipes recalled the rumor that he'd died on that barge, then made a mental note not to do the same.  The crafts present owners had, through a complete rebuild, bent it to a more enterprising purpose. Piracy. The vessel was now made to strike fear into the hearts of its enemies and death to their bodies.

The bow held a figurehead, split down the middle it was half twi-lek, half skeleton, the arms tied back on each side of the hull, the half face contorted into an expression of either terror or rage, the skeletons mouth simply hung open, matching the jaw from the other half. Tied to its feet were ropes from which enemies and traitors hung, body parts missing and rotting from their tendency to be lowered to the ground and drug for large stretches, ensuring a long and painful death. The occasional scream or plea for help from a more recent victim reached Snipes at his position amidships. Snipes made a mental note to avoid this too. The vessel had the same cloth shades over the top that Jabba's own barge had, and the same hull design, however this ship was obviously twisted more for battle, a row of six double turbo-blaster turrets lined each side of the top deck and each row of hatches that lined the lower levels had either a mortar station or more lasers. It was painted a dark green with a few black splotches, likely to break up its outline against the forests. Not that hiding it really mattered; Snipes had seen imperial cruisers less equipped. There was certainly enough crew as well, only half the turrets on top had any one manning them, Snipes assumed it would be the same all the way down, likely half of them slept while the other half kept watch. He didn't know what kind of engines powered this behemoth, but they must have a good deal of power, while the vessel's speed still didn't match a land speeder or a good skiff, it still moved considerably faster than most land vehicles of a similar class.

Snipes tossed the unsmokable stub portion of his cigarra off the rail he'd been leaning on and walked briskly to the bow, looking towards their destination. A dark imperial building on a rocky hill, a prison maybe, easily a fort as well. Snipes had a bad feeling about the place, the little voice in the back of his head that told most people when they were doing something wrong was telling Snipes he was doing something stupid. He didn't like admitting his conscious was probably right.

"Little warm for that jacket, isn't it?"

Snipes slowly turned his head and looked over his shoulder; a man dressed in dark and tattered clothes was addressing him, human, Snipes guessed his age to be around thirty, maybe a little older or a little less. He had a few days growth of beard and short hair, held up around the top by a headband, the end of which fluttered in the wind.

"Maybe, just a little." Snipes said with a smile. He was quite overdressed, a long brown and well worn wool like jacket, under it was a blue vest and a white shirt, that if left unchecked would billow about him comfortably, blue close fitting corellian pants and new pair of boots that went to his knees but had the infuriating tendency to fold down about his calf, he missed his old boots. The red sash around his waist hid his gun-belt and held his cutlass, shoved between sash and belt. On his right leg was the familiar weight of his shotgun, the holster hung below the sash, it was tied to his leg and arranged so that the weapon could be reached by Snipes long arms without his having to extend them fully.

Hoping the man would go away Snipes turned back to watching their progress. He didn't though.

"Heh, must be from a warmer world than this, most places here have four seasons, although closer to equator it's considerably warmer."

"Is that so?"

"Yep, nice place to sit back and relax though, or at least it was. Blood Tusks are making life a little difficult now."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, say, what's your name?"

"Unheil," Snipes said, without turning around.

"Unheil, Unheil, where have I heard that name before?"

"I don't know, or really care." Snipes continued to watch the prison grow closer and closer.

"Oh, right, I remember now, you used to be a smuggler, right? Or a pirate? I remember hearing you mentioned once or twice in connection with both."

Snipes spun around with a half smile. "I prefer the term adventurer. And the story goes that I was killed by pirates. Kind of a funny story, all things considered."

"Well if you aren't dead, what have you been doing?"

"Prospecting a bit, some mercenary work, never did like taking orders all that much. Of course then I ran into this outfit. . ."

"Heh, if you don't like taking orders why are you here?"

"Outvoted my friend, like most independent vessels out there we're mostly democratic."

"Well, that will change."

"That's what I hear; I may have to jump ship, if I had a ship."

"Well, we'll see, you may like it too. Then again, if you'd still like to leave come find me, just ask for Vagabond. Not everyone profits from this enterprise."

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-
The few, The proud, The CrAZy RAIDERS.
TRP/GSG Sniping101/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/1RGT/VEA/VE [LoR][IH][BoA][CDS][CoR]

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  367
April 9, 2007 10:21:09 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Closer. Arnaut shifted his view. Closer. The shadow started to loom over the barge, and Arnaut had to strain to see the place as it became very hard to focus on. Closer. He could see windows, of sorts, dotting the might gray walls. At the top, small specks milled about, pirates no doubt. Outside, chain fence ten feet high surrounded the complex. The walls dwarfed them.The ambush party Arnaut had noticed little under fifteen minutes ago sat waiting. It was no use trying to warn anyone now, though. The barge was supposedly invinsible. Closer... The barge shuddered for what was the beginning of the third attempt at their life in the past two hours. Arnaut was aggravated as he pulled his rifle off of his back and ran down into the barge. Three times in two hours. Not fun.

Muttering to himself, he made his way along the dimly lit corridors, always downward, until he stumbled upon Kanderin.

"Sir, what's happening?" He asked sleepily, coming out of his cabin on the barge.

"Fighting, screaming, dying, missile-launching... yah know, war." Arnaut was already running past him when Kanderin decided it would probably be better if he followed Arnaut. Grabbing his rifle from the door, he cried out to his Squad Leader and dashed down the hall.

The barge rocked again, and harder this time. Arnaut hit open a window they were passing in time to witness their barge smash into the ground, its main thrusters blown away. The barge next to them took two missiles to the rear of it and went down similarly. Arnaut shook his head. This was the hardest attack yet. And right in front of the Corsairs' base, too.

Arnaut finally made it to one of the ramps that led off of the barge. The door swung outward to reveal the large grassy plains that surrounded the prison. And mayhem. Lots of mayhem. Most of the grass was burning or about to be burning. Smoke made a dark cloud through which not much could be seen. Lots of the fire could be contributed to the smashed barges, but the guy running around laughing with the flame-thrower certainly wasn't doing anything to stop the spread either. Arnaut put a round through his head before moving on. Two men with rifles escorted two more men carrying a missile launcher between them. Behind him, Kanderin's gun lashed out, and the escorts died. Two seconds later, Arnaut was stepping over all four bodies and into the smoke.

Arnaut could hardly tell where he was, much less any one else on the field. Kanderin seemed to be not far behind him. That was good. But in the distance ahead, how did he know which dark shapes to shoot at? A trooper in definitely red Blood Tusk armor stepped out of the haze. Easy target. The round entered through his nose, disintegrating it, with his jaw, and most of his face, before exiting on the other side with about half his brain. The man slumped to his knees and fell over.

Tnepres lunged out of the darkness, a combat knife in hand before Arnaut could turn. He stumbled a few steps when he recognized who it was, and hastily made a sloppy salute.

"Uh, sir! Nice surprise. Almost slit your throat there, though."

"I'd like to have my throat intact, if you don't mind." He pulled out his comlink. If Tnepres was out here, the rest of the squad must be to.

"Arnaut to the sq...to friends. Gather your belongings and group up on me. We make a dash for the complex." Acknowledgements flowed in, along with the fact that all of his troopers were already carrying all of their gear slung over their shoulders. They'd been trained well.

In under a minute, and after he'd felled two more Blood Tusks, the Wraiths were on the move toward the prison. As soon as they stepped out, though, they had to gaze in wonder. Behind them, arrayed in perfect formation, were rows upon rows of Blood Tusks. They hadn't been attacked by simple marauders...they'd been attacked by the scouting party. And the Blood Tusks weren't just a pirating group. They were a full-fledged mercenary army.

An unfamiliar, but definitely recognizable, crump, crump, crump was heard by the squad. Artillery. Three sections of the gray wall of the prison exploded outward. As the squad continued the run toward the base, Arnaut was wondering just how much more information they hadn't known about this mission before jumping in. And how much more they still didn't know.

(OOC: A lil' odd, with the mercenary army and all. Just shoot me a PM if you want to have anything sorted out.)

-----------------------
Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-

"Do you have any idea how long it takes to dig graves for twenty-three oak trees?" - Davram Bashere
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited April 9, 2007 10:21:49 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited April 15, 2007 4:19:31 PM)]
Tnepres
ComNet Member

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  433
April 10, 2007 8:38:34 AM    View the profile of Tnepres 
    Talstorin stashed his knife as he followed Arnaut with the squad.  It defiantly wasn't the best day he'd seen but at least they were finally off that barge.  Several pirates referred to him as "little girl" rather than by his name, well fake name.  It took so much just to hold back his temper and smile back at them.  He'd get them back eventually.  Some of the squad seem to struggle through the grass while carrying their stuff but Squall seemed to do fine.  I guess it's a thing you learn from Raiders&.

Several more explosions occurred and at the same time more parts of the prison exploded outwards.  Talstorin began to wonder if the base would even exist for them to go into by the time they got there.  The trek itself seemed to be longer than what was expected.  Talstorins legs began to grow sore and he began to look at the other squad members to take his mind off of the pain.  The squad seemed to be lost in their own business, half of them looked like they were in deep thought while the other half looked around sharply, weapon in hand.  Kanderin was both, making sure no one had been tailing them and at the same time looked back at the barge every other minute, as if he was trying to see if someone back there was okay. 

A bolt flied past Talstorin's head continued forth into the ground.  A groan was heard as a man stood up from his hiding spot in the grass, following onto his back.  The hole in his head made it obvious where he was shot.  Several squad members snapped to look back finding another Blood Tusk trooper, narrowing his eyes wondering if he had just shot his own partner.  It was matter of nano seconds before he fell back as a flurry of laser bolts hit him square in the chest area, several of them ripping through the flesh and continued in their path.  "Ooook," responded Arnaut, "next time only one of us shoot."  The rest of the squad chuckled and nodded along. 

They continued on their path, their distant target was now quite near.  Suddenly Yoder stopped and bent down.  "Hey look!  I found a four leaf clover!"  The rest of the squad looked back at Yoder, some bearing a confused face.  Yoder beamed brightly as he held a four leaf clover in his right hand, flashing it to the others.  "That's good luck for today."  Yoder was suddenly stopped by a clicking of blasters.  The squad looked behind themselves, finding a large group of Blood Tusks before them.  They had snuck up while the squad was distracted.

"Alright, how do you want to die?" asked the tallest man, pointing his rifle straight at Arnaut's head.  Yoder placed the four leaf clover on his helmet and looked around.  The men had surrounded them, rifles aimed at each squad member.  Suddenly the area was engulfed by a cloud of smoke.  Talstorin sighed in relief and then coughed.  His smoke bomb had worked. 

"Come on!" shouted Arnaut, running out of the smoke and towards the base again.  The squad followed, shooting into the smoke occasionally.  A couple of smoke bombs were thrown as they ran, to make sure the smoke didn't clear up too soon.  By the time it did, the squad was nearly there and  the Blood Tusks had disappeared.  It was strange that they did but it was better than they had hoped for.

Leth stepped up as the squad looked at the colossal prison.  Suddenly a part of the wall fell down from an explosion and landed with a huge thud right in front of the squad.  A few of them tried to wave the cloud of dust away while coughing. 

"So do we go in?" asked Draken.  A couple of them shrugged.  The whole area smelled like dust, dead things and &beer?

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
Memoirs of a Withered Soul- Compendium of Short Stories on Talstorin's Background/Story of Talstorin and Durandal( out now- read it on army story board)
Tnepres/HellKite
-=Wraith Squad PRIDE=-
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  343
April 10, 2007 12:04:27 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
(OOC: If anyone has a problem with what i do in this post, let me know and ill sort it out)

"It has to be safer in there than it is out here"

Arnaut led the squad through a small blast gap near to what they figured was the main entrance, One by one the squad fell through, until Draken was the only one left to enter. Talstorin again noticed Kanderin stare back down to the barge, before seeming to regain focus and sliding into the gap.

No one spoke for the first few minutes, every available eye watching the gap for any sign of the far too familiar blood red armour. Yillis was about to signal the group to huddle back up, when Yoder raised a finger to point at the horizon.

A little less than a hundred yards away, a slim silouette came into vision. No armour this time, the figure was barely dressed at all. Like most of the squad, they had threw on the first clothes that had come to them in the madness.

"Arn, i know that girl"

Kanderin stared deeply at Arnaut.

"You have to let me help her"

Arnaut answered defiantly. "Theres no way im letting you back out there, deifnetely not alone"

"Then ill go with him" Talstorin removed a knife from his pocket and slipped it into a more accessible place.

Arnaut again opened his mout to argue, but sighed upon seeing the look of desperation on Kanderins face.
"If your not back in five minutes, we leave without you"

Kanderin was out the gap again before Arnaut even finished his sentence. The grass below his feet was incredibly slippy, it must've rained a few hours ago. At the speed he was running at, a stumble could of resulted in a broken leg. Not that it was on his mind.

The silouette finally regained its colour, just as it stumbled to the ground. The towering figure of a blood tusk loomed over it. He reached an arm out, which rapuidly closed down on the figures face. A shot from Kanderins heavy blaster pistol threw it clear from its joint.

The blood tusk had just a few milliseconds to cry out in agony, before a foot to the chest sent him spiralling to the ground. The owner of that foot caught the man as he fell, and snapped his neck in one clear move.

Stilll without a break in his movement, Kanderin fell to the side of the figure.
"Can you stand?"

"My ankle went in the grass" She replied.

Kanderin placed an arm underneath the figures legs and used his other to support her neck before quickly lifting her from the ground. Then, taking a deep breath he set off at a sprint back to the prison.

The run proved far more difficult on the way back, the extra weight made it veyr hard for Kanderin to kepe his balance. He lost count of the times he almost slipped to one side. But eventually, the grass subsided and left the barren earth acting as a border to the prison. Thats when Kanderin noticed the blood tusk appear from one side, his pistol raised to Kanderins forehead.

With no arms to defend himself, Kanderin simply shut his eyes ready for the inevitable death blow. Which didn't come. He grew impatient and reopened his eyes, releived to find the man that came so close to ending his life, had found his ended first. Thanks to a well aimed blade to the side of the neck. Courtesy of Talstorin.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

D'har Leth
ComNet Member

D'har Leth

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  351
April 11, 2007 5:27:20 PM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
Talstorin dispatched Kanderin's attacker, as Kanderin carried the girl into the prison. He leaned her up against a wall and looked at Arnaut. The squad leader admired Kanderin and Talstorin's bravery.

"Alright, we'll go find someplace to hole up, maybe find some Corsairs. Ka. . . Xephilus, can you carry her?"

"It shouldn't be a problem," replied Kanderin.

The squad was about to turn and go further into the complex when several blaster bolts from the outside hit the doorway.

"I see a squad of Blood Tusks outside!" shouted Kand.

The squad moved to get some cover as Arnaut made a decision. "We need to get further into the fortress, but those Tusks will catch us if we need to go at the same speed as Xeph and his friend. Somebody needs to hold them off, at least for a little while."

Leth spoke up. "I'll do it."

"Ah screw it, I'll hold 'em off too," said Snipes as he relieved Kanderin of his blaster.

Arnaut nodded to the pair and the rest of the squad went down the hallway. Snipes aimed out with Kanderin's gun and Leth held out his A280. The Blood Tusks were in range, which also meant that Leth and Snipes were in range. Leth fired a stream of bolts toward the Tusks and Snipes let out a burst a well. Several red-armored soldiers were cut down by the red bolts, as their still living comrades returned fire. The pair of Wraiths dived for cover as the bolts impacted the doorway and the wall behind them. Leth put his gun out, but he remained behind the doorway, blindfiring. The Blood Tusks dropped to the ground as more bolts flew in their direction. Snipes stood up to fire a few more rounds, then he and Leth made their escape into the facility.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

{Grand Imperator}
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  352
April 12, 2007 5:50:29 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
The insides of the complex were completely shut off from the rst of the camp. A huge wall, possibly even higher than the exterior circled it. Kanderin found himself doubting that even a bird could see over something that high.

Kanderin breathed a sigh of relief as he saw the squad come to a halt just ahead of him. The girl in his arms was becoming surpirsingly heavy. He noticed a large pillar just to one side of the Wraith huddle, so put her down against it.

"Hows your ankle?" He asked, crouching down just next to her.

"I still cant feel it" She spoke to the ground, obviously emberassed to have to rely on someone else so much.

"Let me see"

Kanderin carefully removed the girls boot, and the sock that followed. He then placed one finger on the front of her ankle, and pressed in softly. The girl yelped.

"Thats good, means its not broken" Kanderin smiled.

He patted her on the shoulder, before getting up and walking over to the group.

"Arnaut" Kanderin called. Arnaut looked up from his conversation with Talstorin.

"Im sorry. I let some stupid emotions cloud my judgement. I could of got the entire squad killed to save the life of one stupid girl"

Arnaut nooded understandingly, before smiling.
"Dont worry about it Kanderin. In fact, i think you did us a favour. She could be the key to getting us inside the complex"

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

Tnepres
ComNet Member

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  436
April 12, 2007 6:47:19 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
    Talstorin chuckled as he gave Draken a funny look.  Draken hadn't noticed of course, as he went straight back to the girl after his talk with Arnaut.  Talstorin shook his and looked down with a smile.  How obvious can you be?  The trooper finished up cleaning the blood off his knife and slipped it away.  Arnaut yawned and gestured to his squad.  "Come on guys, we should be heading further and quicker as well."  The group quickened their pace, Kanderin lagging behind with Yoder next to him just in case.  Arnaut led at the front of the group with Yillis close behind him.  Talstorin and Squall were stuck in the middle. 

The group suddenly halted as blaster shots and screams filled the air.  A couple of troopers looked around quickly.  Finally Yoder spoke, " What were those?"  A chunk of the edge of the wall they were next suddenly blasted apart.  A Corsair fell back and landed in front of the squad soon after, dead.  A few more voices were heard. 

"Alright, looks like some Blood Tusks were already here.  Let's take the element of surprise while we still have it," whispered Arnaut.  The squad nodded and quietly snuck forward, peeking past the turn.  Two Blood Tusks were walking with their backs turned.  "Now! Go!" ordered the squad leader, whispering loudly.  The group with the exception of Draken leaped out and shot at the two.  One was felled immediately, the other ran behind a wall.  There was a sudden silence as the group waited for the man to come out.  It seemed a lot longer than the minute it lasted.

Finally, a head poked out of the side of the wall, immediately snatched from the front with metal talons.  The talons dug into the man's face then suddenly pulled back, struggling at first.  After a few tugs the head of the man flung towards the group, dragging it's body with it through it's broken neck.  Arnaut carefully unhooked the claws of his grapple gun from the Blood Tusk's face, wincing with disgust.  Talstorin stepped up besides Arnaut. 

". . . You used a grapple gun?" he asked.

"Yea, I was going for the whole exotic weaponry thing," answered Arnaut, wiping the hooks before getting up.

"But a grapple gun?"

"I'm sure that counts as exotic."

"Not likely."  Arnaut beamed Talstorin a glare causing Talstorin to back up.  "Sorry."  Arnaut gestured the group to move again.  Talstorin returned next to Squall, hand rested on his electrostaff.  Since we're going for exotics.  Meanwhile, Arnaut looked back at Kanderin and the girl.

"So do you recognize where we are?"

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
Tnepres/HellKite
-=Wraith Squad PRIDE=-
Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2919
April 12, 2007 11:06:29 PM    View the profile of Sniping101 
There was no response. She was looking down, from her seat on the ground, staring right at the dirt.

Snipes poked her with the end of his gun. "Is it dead? Can I eat it?" He asked when she didn't stir.

"No, she isn't dead and no, you can't eat her" Kand said, a little offended.

"Then I can eat some one else?"

"Shut the hell up, Snipes."

"Do you have to be offensive everywhere you go?" Squall butted in, Snipes remembered him from RAIDERS.

"As a mat. . ."

"Enough." Arnaut said.

Snipes sneered a little. Just a little. There was another bag of meat slowing him down. Usually Snipes was fairly nonchalant about almost everything. But today was a miserable day. He was hot, sweaty and overdressed, his sweat had mixed with dirt and blood, dried and made his nice white shirt a grey-ish brown color, and it itched terribly. The new boots were uncomfortable and hardly broken in yet, he'd given up trying to keep the tops up, instead they were folded over about his calf, he was definitely getting rid of the boots as soon as he got on a ship. And that was another thing, his ship had a big hole in it and loads of wreck damage and battle scarring, and he'd just repainted it and refurbished the interior. He wasn't looking forward to putting it back together. And he would, he knew it. Oh it'd be cheaper and easier to buy a new ship and fit it out. But he also had to find Fury, and then endure the cats punishment for leaving it there. Snipes knew his bed was going to become a liter box or a scratching post. He just knew it.

Snipes had inadvertently taken a couple steps away from the group, his only warning that they'd decided something was when they started moving, Snipes jogged a little to catch up and fall in next to Tnepres.

"Hey, I liked the grapple gun."

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-

Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  356
April 13, 2007 5:53:08 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
"you guys seemed a little too comfortable using those battle maneuvers back there" The girl called forward, the first time she had actually spoken to anyone but Kanderin.

Arnaut looked back over his shoulder and smiled gingerly.
"We get ourselves into quite a lot of trouble"

The girl looked to the ground for a while, as if contemplating his story. Eventually, she looked back up to Kanderin, who was busily trying to pull the blasterpistol from his pocket with his only free two fingers. The girl laughed and reached down to retreive it for him.

"Thankyou" kanderin went to take it from her, before remembering that both his hands were unable to take it.

"Hey, can you shoot?"

"Ive practiced before, never actually killed anyone though" She shrugged.

"Nows your chance to find out, your going to have to be my hands until your ankle recovers" Kanderin smiled at her.

Talstorin again turned back to the pair and groaned. He just hoped that Kanderin was battle-hardened enough to not let his feelings get in the way of the mission.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

Sniping101
ComNet Disciple

Sniping101

Post Number:  2925
April 13, 2007 6:22:51 AM    View the profile of Sniping101 
Snipes kicked dust next to Tnepres. He wasn't real hot on walking, or fighting, or doing much of anything, he felt the undeniable need to be on a beach somewhere with a nicely tanned local girl and bottle of dark, dark, rum. But oh no, he had to be here. Under the damn sun, walking, fighting, and babysitting. Snipes spat, then looked up.

The Corsair wall had taken a decent beating. But somehow it was holding well, he didn't know what they had for shielding, but it didn't really seem they had anything, meaning whatever was inside the wall was probably being hammered as well. Just then another  volley of blasts hit the ground around the squad, fallowed by the thump, thump, of artillery. The squad was thrown about by the blasts, but somehow everyone recovered quickly and regrouped, taking off at a run towards the walls. Kand somehow keeping up with the disabled girl in his arms.

Snipes was the first to reach the wall, then he began wondering why he was fleeing to the walls, the very area that the artillery fire was directed at. He didn't have much time to stand around though, as the rest of the squad caught up they turned and fallowed the wall for meters and meters before they came to a small door, obviously intended for just personnel to move through. The squad gathered around it, but the control pad had obviously been removed by the bombardment. Snipes couldn't even find any wires that might have gone to it for him to tinker with. He punched the wall in frustration. And to his surprise the door began opening, he looked around to see the girl putting something back in her pocket. He sneered and looked back at the door.

The door was moving backwards towards the inside, the hall growing bigger and bigger until at last Snipes saw light on the other side. He looked around again, then stepped to the side, letting some one else go first. Kand went in, carrying the girl, Snipes fallowed, shotgun at the ready.

-----------------------
{Comnet Hermit}
-=Wraith Squad=-

[This message has been edited by Sniping101 (edited April 13, 2007 6:24:25 AM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  361
April 13, 2007 8:06:53 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
A small scuttle of men came running down the other side of the wall, towards Kanderin and Snipes. Snipes raised the shotgun and placed a finger on the trigger.

"Dont shoot! We're not blood tusks!"

The men came to a halt just in front of Kanderin, showing obvious interest in the girl.

"Thankyou for her help. We'll take her from here" The one man said. He didn't wait for a reply, he had took her from Kanderin before he even had time to open his mouth. They turned to leave, before the girl called a halt and made them turn back to face the Wraith party.

"I want Xephilus to come with me" she spoke to the ground, obviously emberassed.

Kanderin laughed timidly, jsut as emberassed.
"Im flattered honestly, but these guys are going to need my help keeping the blood tusks back. Ill come see you in a while, ok?"

"Oh, ok"

And with that they were off, running back along the wall towards a building in the distance. Kanderin turned and took his Blaster rifle back from Snipes.

"Right, what do we do now?"

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

Tnepres
ComNet Member

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  446
April 13, 2007 6:54:11 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
    Talstorin shrugged to Kanderin's answer, glancing around.  At least none of the Blood Tusks made it this far.  The door opened again and the group turned to see what had happened.  One of the men from the group before came back in.  "We're taking care of Fraot'Hertz, please join the other men on defending this stronghold.  Just in case you were lost, the outer door is that way."  The man pointed towards the eastern door and waited.  Presented with no other option other than blowing their cover, the group nodded and started to leave.  Talstorin headed out last when he was stopped by the man.

"You there, with the coat."

Talstorin turned with surprise.  "Hm?"

"Mighty fancy stick you have there.  How'd you get it?"

"Oh, you know.  I had to kill my share of men.  Took a while to get it."

"Well, it's certainly nice  to look at.  What's your name anyways?"

"Oh, Fraot-," Talstorin stopped.  He had realized he didn't have a name yet and he couldn't say that girl's name.  "Um, they call me Garuda."  (Yes that's my navy character and his mortal enemy's first name, but he himself doesn't know that.) 

"Alright, Garuda, You can go.  I hope you survive till we meet again."

"Heh, I'll be putting my money on that.  Just keep your end of the bargain and I'll keep mine.  Don't die on me bud."  Talstorin snapped his fingers and turned around, leaving out the door.  Boy, that was unusual for me. 

Talstorin found the other squad members waiting for him.  Arnaut saw him first and waved.  "You disappeared, what happened?"

"Just had to talk to someone, apologies sir."  Arnaut nodded in response and went on.

"Alright, we still have a long time to get where we're trying to get.  We'll have to at least pretend to help to earn their trust more.  Let's go."  The squad followed the squad leader towards the outside.  It was only a few twist and turns in the path later that they found their way out. 

It was a mess outside, the tall grass was on fire, the base had huge holes in it's walls.  The floor was scattered with dead bodies, burned and shot.  Some still had a bit of life left, groaning as they twisted in pain and agony, reaching upwards for help.  The group simply ignored the cadavers and walked outwards, cautious.  Yoder suddenly found a hand hold his leg and jumped, finding a groaning Blood Tusk grasping his leg.  He slashed off the hand quickly and shuddered before continuing on. 

"Well, I think we're a bit late for defending this place.  Looks like everyone's dead"  Kanderin looked around as he spoke.  The rest of the squad agreed and turned back when Leth suddenly stopped them.

"Wait, isn't a bit strange that everyone is dead?  There's no victor, just dead people.  There not even a sign of those artillery that were attacking before."  Some of the group looked up and thought things over, agreeing right after.  There was a sudden cloud of doubt, something was wrong but no one knew what it was. 

"We can figure it out when we have more clues.  For now, we head back.  Let's go," Arnaut ordered, walking back to the base with the squad behind him.  As Talstorin walked through the doors, he looked back and seeing nothing, walked away.  As the door was left open, a couple of Blood Tusks uncovered themselves from the grass while others stopped pretending to be dead and waited for orders.  Their commander gestured towards the door and a few groups of Blood Tusks ran in, going in the opposite direction of the Wraiths.  Minutes later,  Talstorin rushed back. 

"Wouldn't want anyone to sneak in," he chimed to himself as he shut the door and ran back to catch up with his squad.

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
Tnepres/HellKite
-=Wraith Squad PRIDE=-
Yoder
ComNet Member

Yoder

Post Number:  463
April 13, 2007 8:21:49 PM    View the profile of Yoder 
Yoder was walking down the hall with the rest of the squad, mostly everyone in the squad was a small mess.

Half of the squad looked like a grenade went off with the laundry and their armor, the other half looked like they either went through all the hells that anyone ever talked about or gave the armor a blood bath.

Yoder personally liked his armor covered in blood, it gave him a sort of. . .frenzy, or rush of excitement and adreneline. Yoder was thinking of a name to give himself.

Atros, no. demteta, no. Murazar, I think thats a good name I used it a few times before I think.

Yoder and the squad were walking past some blood tusk bodies every so often, but it stopped after some time. Then Talstorion said aloud. "I think were lost."

Arnaut turned around and said."No were not lost I know where we are." Then turned around and everyone started walking at a casual pace when arnaut said really quiet. "I think."

Yoder rolled over the statistics in his helmet to ensure that everything was alright. After a few minutes the only thing that was down was his sheild recharger, and his knife gauntlet was jammed.

Yoder sighed, and muttered to himself, "Im going to need to fix this suit a little more. Maybe I should just rig it so the back-up systems, charge the primary sheild charger if it fails."

-----------------------
trp/pfc
-=Wraith Squad=-
[This message has been edited by Yoder (edited April 13, 2007 8:22:32 PM)]
Tnepres
ComNet Member

Tnepres

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  451
April 14, 2007 6:24:03 PM    View the profile of Tnepres 
    And so the squad wandered around the building for a while, obviously lost, though Arnaut wouldn't admit to it.  Kanderin thought to himself, wondering how Fraot' was doing.  He hoped he would see her again soon though a part of him tried to suppress his feelings, in case he had to kill her.  Talstorin's mind on the other hand went back to the note.  Although it had already went through his head countless amounts of times, he wondered what she had to say that was  so urgent she had to say in person.  The trooper felt his hopes soar again though he knew it was foolish to let his hopes up.

A sudden bang was heard and the squad snapped back to reality, pointing their random weapons ahead, shotgun, electrostaff, blaster, mop, as they frantically looked around in all directions.  Nothing was in sight though and the squad let their guards down.  A few minutes later another bang was heard, only this time it was nearer.  Talstorin tapped Kanderin's shoulder. 

"Hey Arnaut," Talstorin called out as Kanderin turned around, "We're going to check out what that was."  Arnaut nodded and thought for a moment before stopping the two right before they walked out the door. 

"Bring Yoder with you, for backup," Arnaut finally said.  The two nodded and waited for Yoder to catch up before leaving again.  The party of three walked through the hallways, looking left and right as they did, cautious.  They found nothing and turned around.  Backtracking to the place where the rest of the squad were, they found the door closed. 

"What the-," Kanderin muttered, knocking on the door.  There was no response.  Kanderin knocked harder.  No response again.  All three of them knocked.  Dead silence.  The three troopers looked at eachother and frowned.  A man slowly crept up behind them as they were distracted.

-------

FIVE MINUTES EARLIER

"Hey, why did the door just close?" asked Leth as the door to their right slammed shut.  Arnaut simply shrugged, Yillis and Snipes did the same.  Leth got up and messed around with the controls.  "Hm, nothing.  Must be locked.  We should contact the others, to make sure they know they can't get back this way."  No one answered.  "Right guys?"  Dead silence.  "Guys?"  Leth turned around and found Arnaut on the floor, unconscious.  Yillis, Squall and Snipes were missing.  "Oh god. . ."  Leth snapped open his communications device and spoke into it.  "Leth to friends.  Can any of you guys hear me?"  There was a sudden flux of static before an answer came.

"Yes, this is Talstorin.  The door is locked.  We can't-," the answer was cut off by a voice in the background yelling "Behind us!"  It resembled Yoder but Leth couldn't be sure.  There was a sudden hum of weapons before the signal was lost and Leth stopped hearng anything.  A bit shaken, Leth pressed his ear against the door.  Nothing came. 

"Stupid sound-proof doors."

-----------------------
In the brightest light,
We find darkness...

-=Wraith Squad=--=TRP=-
Tnepres/HellKite
-=Wraith Squad PRIDE=-
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  371
April 15, 2007 6:45:37 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Arnaut tapped his chronometer, as if trying to make it say something else other than the actual time. Those three couldn't have been gone this long...They should be back. Nervously, he clenched his rifle to his chest. No not nervously. He wasn't nervous. Not at all. No...just...alright, maybe a little nervous.

The squad became really bored, really fast, and soon sat down to cigaras and card games. Arnaut was about to comment on how they'd been unprepared for battle, but, then again, they were supposedly inside friendly territory. Even so, he made sure he had his rifle ready and spoke to each squad member in turn to make sure they did as well. Friendly territory for how long? Finally, Arnaut gave up waiting. It was time to go find the squad members. And that's when the explosions started.

The first explosion came as an immense surprise. The second one, as well, if only because it sent a piece of the stone ceiling tumbling onto the card game the troopers had abandoned. By the third, mere seconds after they had started, the squad was rushing through the hallways with as much speed as they could muster.

There was shouting in the hallways, and blaster fire. Arnaut stumbled on the first body in the rubble of one of the hallways. A Corsair, by his armor, but not a very complete torso. Bits of his torso and. Arnaut ran past, his fears confirmed. Blood Tusks were in the building. Arnaut stumbled along, and made it outside, to the Corsairs' outer wall. Well, it used to be the Corsairs'. Blood Tusks trooper along the upper reaches of the walls, and the main gates stood ajar, crimson troopers pouring in. Arnaut let out a cry, and opened fire.

Here a man had his head blown off and tumbled to the ground. There a man screamed as a nearby grenade took off his leg and catapulted him through the air. Here a man was pierced by dozens of rounds before stumbling to the ground and death. Yet more came. And as Arnaut fired, he knew he wasn't enough. Their squad wasn't enough. There were too many.

The Mak'la rose from his seat in the inner chambers of the prison. A nervous messenger stood by, datachip in hand. A young fellow, maybe in his mid-twenties, and fairly handsome. Or would be if his eyes didn't dart around constantly.

"We...uh...sir...just received word from the outer guard. Or...uh...not the actual outer guard, but what...ah...happened to them, sir. It seems they...uh..."

"You're babbling," The Mak'la said sharply. The messenger flinched.

"We've been breached. The outer walls have...uh...fallen."

"What!?" The messenger shrunk away from the Mak'la's fiery eyes. "Call to arms immediately, everyone in the building. Not just those on duty. A counter-assault! We'll push them back onto the plains and into oblivion! We'll give them Hell!"

The messenger, slightly relieved that the anger wasn't directed at him, gave his assent and ran as fast as he could out of the chambers to relay the message.

Arnaut pumped four rounds into a man that jumped over a piece of debris for Arnaut. He fell, his mouth still hanging open in the blood-scream he'd been issuing. Arnaut spun, his knife catching the throat a second and sending his corpse toppling over. Arnaut fired a round into it as it fell for good measure. He spun around again to confront a Blood Tusk with a gun upraised. The man's head vanished in a fine red mist before he could shoot.

"Someone's gotta keep you alive!" Virius' voice crackled over the comlink. Arnaut felt like grinning. Until he say the never-ending tide of crimson armored warriors still coming. So many. Too many.

Fire rippled along the ranks flooding in, cutting down troopers en masse. From out of the building, Corsairs poured out wielding a wide variety of weapons. Arnaut didn't care. They were winning. Arnaut yelled a cry that was soon caught and repeated by the squad. To the plains!

(OOC: The battle is on! Post, post, post, post, post!)

-----------------------
Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-

[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited April 15, 2007 6:49:51 PM)]
D'har Leth
ComNet Member

D'har Leth

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  371
April 22, 2007 11:29:35 AM    View the profile of D'har Leth 
Leth leaped over a pile of debris, T-6 pistol in one hand, vibroblade in the other. He pulled the trigger, blasting a smouldering hole in the head of a Blood Tusk as another two came out to meet him. Apparently Leth had killed their friend, as they were sprinting toward him, ignoring all else. One fell as a bolt struck him in the chest, the other almost raised his gun as Leth made his arm disappear in a red flash, and then sunk the vibroblade deep into the Blood Tusk's throat. More came toward Leth. He fired off two shots, taking down two Blood Tusks. Another raised his blaster and fired, putting a hole in the armor of Leth's left arm, but impacting harmlessly into the durasteel that had replaced the flesh that was there two missions ago.

More Blood Tusks charged forward, and more spears of coherent light bursted from Wraith guns. The Blood Tusks fell, as others did likewise, death screams erupting from ruptured lungs. The scent of blood and charred flesh filled the air as people kept killing, everybody doing the dance of death, Wraiths in the metaphorical center of the ballroom floor, dancing the best out of anyone. Arnaut and the others fired again and again, taking more Blood Tusk lives with every shot.

-----------------------
-=Wraith Squad=-

{Grand Imperator}
Yoder
ComNet Member

Yoder

Post Number:  476
April 26, 2007 8:23:54 PM    View the profile of Yoder 
Yoder was helping all he could, blasting enemys apart to where they died and didn't know it, and striking the occasional blood tusk that got near him with his built-in-knife squirting blood all over him and the ground and walls.

Yoder started to steal enemy weapons and use them long enough so he could reload his weapons, and after some time his sheilds burned out and started to reload.

In the middle of the battle Yoder turned on the short range comlink with the squad memebers he was with and yelled," Hey guys, we can either stay here and kick A** or run like chickens and regroup, Which one sounds right?"

In return all he heard was,"Kick A**.....Need more kills." He didnt even know from which member it was from, but that was all the motivation he needed to go into a sort of frenzy.

After some time Yoder hooked his DC-17 to the belt, pulled out his slugthrower and DC-15 and started dual Blasting blood tusks and killing them at a more reload time leisure.

-----------------------
trp/pfc
-=Wraith Squad=-
[This message has been edited by Yoder (edited April 26, 2007 8:27:34 PM)]
Arnaut
ComNet Member

Arnaut

[VE-ARMY] Sergeant

Post Number:  380
April 27, 2007 11:00:48 PM    View the profile of Arnaut 
Arnaut laughed as he ran through the crowd, guns firing. He since given up on his A280, and decided instead to switch to duel hand pistols. They spat death. In the last nine minutes, the added boost of the Corsairs, they'd pushed the 'Tusks to the wall and back. As Arnaut ripped through the crowd, spinning around, a whirlwind of death, he had a fleeting thought about how the enemies seemed to just melt away. It was only fleeting though. The enemy were routing, weren't they? And that was good.

Arnaut was on the fields suddenly. He twisted his gun around to cut down two advancing troops, and ducked low as blaster fire cut across the space he'd just been in. Rolling onto his side, he shot the man off his feet. As he stood, he realized much of the Blood Tusk force had faded into the dust. Around him, surprisingly, there weren't that many bodies. The three Arnaut had cut down lay down in the crumpled grass, while spread out randomly and far in between were only about two dozen more.

"Push them back!" The cry rang in Arnaut's ears as parts of the Corsair resistance reformed and started running after the Blood Tusks. Arnaut almost joined them. But something nagged at him. Something wasn't right. There should be more people dead. An assault of the fortress would've left more dead on both sides. There should have been more. But why? And suddenly it clicked. A half second too late.

The ground in front of Arnaut disappeared suddenly, along with the three troopers who had been occupying it. They were simply there one second, and the next...gone. For a breathless heartbeat, Arnaut stared in muted horror. And then the shockwave of the artillery blast picked him off his feet and sent him sailing through the air. Before he knew it, he was picking his sore form off the ground a dozen yards from where he'd previously stood. His forehead was wet. With blood, he realized with a dim shock. There was an all too familiar coppery taste in his mouth, too. His guns were long gone. But that all paled in comparison to the scene unfolding before him. Artillery blast shook, crumpled, and buckled the ground as shot after shot landed on pre-sited positions. The Blood Tusks had planned and orchestrated this attack, the bait, everything with ruthless efficiency. The ranks of Corsairs dead and dying were testament enough to that.

Arnaut couldn't hear anything, so it was almost comical watching the small groups of Corsairs, who, just seconds before -- oh, how much it seemed like hours -- just seconds before had been running toward the enemy, thinking themselves victorious. They were definitely running now, but in the opposite direction. Every two seconds another blast would catch that group there, or send a few flying through the air. It was almost comical, but Arnaut couldn't laugh. He wanted to puke.

Numbly he stumbled back toward the base. He didn't know where his squad was, but he hoped it wasn't in the meat grinder that lay behind him. The return of sound knocked him off his feet and put tears in his eyes. The roar was overwhelming, but worse were the screams of the Corsairs. Arnaut shut he eyes and ran.

Bodies, limbs of bodies, and parts of limbs fell from the sky in a gory rain. This time Arnaut did puke. Mixed in with the sound was now an underlying smell: the smell of death, and the smell of fused grass. Arnaut pushed himself off the ground, not realizing he had fallen. Over what, he didn't know, but it had groaned.

He stumbled for a second, turned back, and ran over to help the soldier. After every successful artillery attack came a surge of enemy soldiers hoping to overrun the weakened positions, and they were going to need all the manpower they had to stem the inevitable assault. He grabbed the trooper by his pack harness, forcing his sore fingers to get a grip, and started dragging him toward the base.

"Thanks sarge," the trooper murmured. Arnaut looked down and realized he was dragging D'har. He looked around to see if any more of his troopers were in sight, but smoke had covered the ground again. Visibility was near zero.

Suddenly the walls of the base rose out of the darkness. Lone troopers came running, stumbling and trudging through the smoke to the illusion of safety behind the now almost destroyed gates. The crashes of artillery made the ground vibrate and made walking hard, especially for those who had been jostled around already. But that artillery was the only thing between them and the unrelenting tide of Blood Tusks right now. As soon as it stopped, the final assault would begin. Arnaut shivered, despite the heat. They wouldn't survive that. There was no way they could. He forced his legs to move.

As soon as he was clear of the gate, his legs gave way, and the ground rushed to meet him. He never made it. An arm caught his shoulder, inches from the ground, and pulled him back to his knees. He panted with exhaustion. Every muscle ached, as if he'd just run ten miles. Finally, Arnaut  was able to look up to see Snipes, his face pinched in pain and weariness, and his gun dropped beside him.

"We...we lost, sir," Snipes panted. "We lost. The frontline...is...demolished. Everyone is either...dead...or dying. The ones who...were at the end...managed to get back. But there's not enough. Just not enough. We won't survive the next assault."

He shook his head. No matter how much he wanted to deny Snipes, he was right. There was no way they could hold back an assault now. It was only a matter of time. Arnaut threw his helmet off, and wiped the sweat off his brow. The sun, a pale orb obscured by smoke, was climbing in the sky, and the base was starting to scorch. The fires outside just intensified it. This wasn't the day to wage a war.

D'har was starting to sit up now, flexing his hands and looking at them as if to make sure they were still there. Arnaut tossed him a pistol, and he snatched it out of the air. His gun was still probably out there in Hell somewhere. He looked at the gun a few times, spun it in his hand, and then holstered it with a decidedly content look on his face.

Arnaut tapped his comlink, but the line was dead. Static greeted his ears. His squad was still out there, somewhere, and most likely dead. Dead. No, they were alive, he knew it. They couldn't be dead. But they were still out there. He blinked back the sharp sting of more sweat that had dripped into his eyes and looked away from the gates. Yes, they were out there, and alive. For how long was another matter. Arnaut collapsed onto a broken piece of the wall and listened to the artillery still thundering outside. For how long, indeed.

(OOC: Get posting, people who are still here. We need it.)

-----------------------
Sergeant Arnaut
-=Wraith Squad=--=SL=-

[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited April 27, 2007 11:01:02 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited April 27, 2007 11:04:42 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited April 27, 2007 11:10:53 PM)]
[This message has been edited by Arnaut (edited April 29, 2007 9:05:24 AM)]
Kanderin Draken
ComNet Member

Kanderin Draken

[VE-ARMY] Lance Corporal

Post Number:  392
April 28, 2007 8:03:26 AM    View the profile of Kanderin Draken 
Kanderin picked himself up from the ground and again charged the man in front of him. he swung a fist towards the six foot plus mans chest, but again he was too slow and the fist was caught. he spun out on hsi left foot and sent his right boot towards the mans face. The man used his other wrist and caught kanderins ankle, before launching him across the room. Kanderin crashed into the wall with a bone shatttering thud, before gravity again caught hold of him and sent him crashing into the desk against the wall.

The huge Blood tusk man smiled to himself as he strided over to finish off his prey. He took a look across the room, the rubble of the battle spaced across it. Kanderins blaster rifle lay in the middle of the room, his two pistols not far from it. The man had caught Kanderin completely off guard as soon as he had entered the room. His weapons had fell completely loose, leaving no other chocie but for Kanderin to engage the man hand to hand.

Or at least the man thought Kanderin had lost all his weapons. As the man reached down to pick Kanderin up off the desk, he launched his last chance. He sent the vibroblade, which until now had been hidden underneath his armour, straight into the mans chest. The man fell back, clutching his chest. Kanderin struck again, this time slashing across the mans throat.

The blood tusk clutched hsi throat, before falling to his knees. he took one final look up at the man who looked so helpless just seconds ago, before collapsing to the ground.

Shortly followed by Kanderin. His primal instincts had been the only things to save his life. The mans final slam against the wall had really took its toll. An incredible pain was surging from the right side of Kanderins chest. At least one of his ribs had to be broken, he just knew it.

He lay there for a few more minutes, gasping. Trying to find some way to get air back into his lungs. A part of him wanted to just stay, lying where he was. He was losing a hell of a lot of blood, maybe death would be a blessed relief.

That wasn't the Kanderin he knew, or anyone knew in fact. He wasn't losing as much blood as he thought, the blood all around him was from the blood tusk. There was a deep gash in his arm and hell of a lot of cuts across the rest of his body, but that was it. Kanderin tried to push himself back up to his feet, his once srong arms flailing, desperately trying to find some hidden reserve of strength. AGain his primal instincts were the only things that kept him from collapsing again. The human instinct that everyone can rely on, the need to survive.

With difficulty he hobbled over to the desk that just a few minutes ago could well of been his grave. From there, his bloodshot eyes just managed to pick out the sign through the doorway. Ward 1 was to his left, using the wall to keep him upright, he began to hobble down the path, only stopping to collect his weapons from the ground.

The corsair man he remembered meeting outside had told him thats where the hospital staff and patients had forted themselves up. It was there he would find Fraot.

-----------------------
Lance Corporal Kanderin Draken
-=Wraith Squad=-

TRP/LCPL Kanderin/4SQD/1PLT/1COM/1BAT/VEA/VE/

ComNet > Stormtrooper Corps > Archived Stormtrooper Corps Story Board > The Mask of a Pirate (Wraith)  |  New Posts    
  Pages:  [ 1 2 3 ]   

All times are CST. The time now is 12:58:39 AM
Comnet Jump:

Current Online Members - 0  |  Guests - 90  |  Bots - 1

< Contact Us - The Vast Empire >